PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

ARIANE 5
Nov 7th, 2005, 06:15 PM
You know him Per/Pjotr ?

So it's true or not true !!!

Ok it's her private life.

_LuCaS_
Nov 7th, 2005, 06:15 PM
What's with the newbies lately?

selyoink
Nov 7th, 2005, 08:35 PM
What's with the newbies lately?

I don't know. I guess bored posters become idiots.

meyerpl
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Sorry Spunky but you can read it to www.myskina.com (view guestbook).

The russians teenagers are already in love to him.

It's not a secret.

Don't be angry !!!
Knock it off Per. You're making an ass out of yourself.

sinterklaasje
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM
some posters are :silly:
gotta love some ex-posters in a-m.com-guestbook: first that dentiste (Dr Laino, that guy was just hilarious) and then Per :lol:

meyerpl
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:19 PM
some posters are :silly:
gotta love a-m.com: first that dentiste (Dr Laino, that guy was just hilarious) and then Per :lol: (though I preferred Dr Laino's sense of humor over Per's)
"Dr. Laino" was arguably funny. He got pretty vulger at times, but he was harmless.

The biggest loser in the a-m.com guestbook is some idoit named "Lawrence". That guy really needs to get a life. I can't make head or tails of his lunatic rantings. Somebody really needs to do something about that half-wit.

(Actually, I'm Lawrence.)

meyerpl
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I don't know. I guess bored posters become idiots.
Sadly, I don't need to be bored.

sinterklaasje
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:51 PM
"Dr. Laino" was arguably funny. He got pretty vulger at times, but he was harmless.

Yeah I know. I only wanted to say that that guy was so nuts. He didn't even make an attempt to make his stories somewhat credible.

meyerpl
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Oh, you're right. I'm not too sure he cared whether he was amusing anyone but himself, but I'm pretty sure he cracked himself up.

Spunky83
Nov 7th, 2005, 11:20 PM
You know him Per/Pjotr ?

So it's true or not true !!!

Ok it's her private life.

I know him, them, her, it...all the different persons with the the very same IP-adress and the very same ill mind...poor myskina.com-guestbook :tape:

meyerpl
Nov 8th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Sorry Spunky but you can read it to www.myskina.com (view guestbook).

The russians teenagers are already in love to him.

It's not a secret.

Don't be angry !!!
Now you've really gone too far. Yeah, I know who you are. I read some of the twisted things you wrote in the myskina.com guestbook. Do you realize how much trouble you could get into posting some of those things? Using fictitious names is not an effective cover. Using the names of actual person's other than yourself is harrassment and libelous. Look up the definition of libel: "Any written, printed, or pictoral statement that damages a person's reputation or exposes a person to ridicule." I strongly suggest you cease and desist.

To everyone else, unless you wish to step into the shadows of a very demented mind, I suggest you avoid this link/guestbook. Nearly everything in it that I saw was written by the same person for the purpose of fueling his depraved fantasies and/or destroying the reputation of a person named Ahmed who has visited the a-m.com guestbook. Fortunately, a-m.com is carefully managed to remove and/or block this kind of garbage.

Other than that, Life is good!

Here's hoping Nastya is enjoying a much deserved rest. She can watch the YEC on T.V. and play my favorite drinking game: Every time Mary Carillo says something obnoxious, you take a drink. Last year I had to have my stomach pumped!

angiee3
Nov 8th, 2005, 06:06 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/c115b436.jpg :lol:[/QUOTE]

that pic is so funny...:lol: i had never seen it before....

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Now you've really gone too far. Yeah, I know who you are. I read some of the twisted things you wrote in the myskina.com guestbook. Do you realize how much trouble you could get into posting some of those things? Using fictitious names is not an effective cover. Using the names of actual person's other than yourself is harrassment and libelous. Look up the definition of libel: "Any written, printed, or pictoral statement that damages a person's reputation or exposes a person to ridicule." I strongly suggest you cease and desist.

To everyone else, unless you wish to step into the shadows of a very demented mind, I suggest you avoid this link/guestbook. Nearly everything in it that I saw was written by the same person for the purpose of fueling his depraved fantasies and/or destroying the reputation of a person named Ahmed who has visited the a-m.com guestbook. Fortunately, a-m.com is carefully managed to remove and/or block this kind of garbage.

Other than that, Life is good!

Here's hoping Nastya is enjoying a much deserved rest. She can watch the YEC on T.V. and play my favorite drinking game: Every time Mary Carillo says something obnoxious, you take a drink. Last year I had to have my stomach pumped!

...and any other kind of garbage and itīs not funny. The banned IP-list on a-m.com is growing day by day :angel: God, if I were the myskina.com webmaster, I would have had already erased like 90 % of the posts there :lol:

ARIANE 5
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I'm really sorry for you Spunky. No problem with me. I'm just a Nastya fan. I don't know the problem with the IP-adress. Sorry.

So for me the story is close. Somethimes I'm a little credulous !!!!

I expect Nastya's holidays are good, and became more strong in Australia.

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I'm really sorry for you Spunky. No problem with me. I'm just a Nastya fan. I don't know the problem with the IP-adress. Sorry.

So for me the story is close. Somethimes I'm a little credulous !!!!

I expect Nastya's holidays are good, and became more strong in Australia.

You should forget the myskina.com guestbook and use the a-m.com one from now one, that is if youīre able to post there ;).

Hidden advertising

ARIANE 5
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Ok Spunky but my english is not good, I'm french and we are very bad in foreign languages. Do you speack french ?

martirogi
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:30 PM
your english has been very good so far :D

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Ok Spunky but my english is not good, I'm french and we are very bad in foreign languages. Do you speack french ?

Un peu...c'est une langue trčs difficile pour moi. I had to take it in school and in university :o

Vous n'aviez pas de problčmes sur myskina.com. Pourquoi vous ne voudriez pas visiter l'a-m.com guestbook alors?

ARIANE 5
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Yes but I have a good dictionary !!!

ARIANE 5
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Trčs trčs bien. Encore désolée pour mon premier message. J'ai été stupide !!!

Tu as compris ?

meyerpl
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:52 PM
ARIANE 5, Please say hello in the anastasia-myskina.com guestbook. It would be nice!

miffedmax
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:56 PM
...and any other kind of garbage and itīs not funny. The banned IP-list on a-m.com is growing day by day :angel: God, if I were the myskina.com webmaster, I would have had already erased like 90 % of the posts there :lol:

Well, the return of the Nastyhaters is a sure sign she's winning matches and pissing people off.

Which is a good thing.

(with one, and one only, exception).

meyerpl
Nov 8th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Hi ARIANE 5! Thanks for the greeting!!!

ARIANE 5
Nov 8th, 2005, 08:08 PM
No problem I'm not a web "terrorist". Goodnight. It's late for me.

meyerpl
Nov 8th, 2005, 08:22 PM
ARIANE 5, I am SO sorry. I mistook you to be somebody else.

Rest assured, the things you read about Nastya and a Danish boyfriend on myskina.com aren't true.

Thank you for taking the time to go to a-m.com and write me a greeting.

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Well, the return of the Nastyhaters is a sure sign she's winning matches and pissing people off.

Which is a good thing.

(with one, and one only, exception).

The stupid thing is that I wasnīt really referring to a hater... :eek:

ARIANE 5... je comprends et je suis désolé mais nous avions quelques problčmes avec cette personne auparavant. Je suis vraiment choqué que les gens croient cette personne! Good thing you were able to post on a-m.com;)

I will stop writing in french now...I am sorry (yet again) but I really do have my personal issues with that language :p

denine
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:49 AM
omg. dz's back?:rolleyes:

ass.

Spunky83
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Cronin strikes again in an article about Sharapovaīs game and future:
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/5063282?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=199

The gruff Lansdorp also helped develop the games of Tracy Austin, Lindsay Davenport and Anastasia Myskina and they all eventually left him once they became more mature women, so Sharapova is following in the footsteps of some very good players before her.

That list sounds nice;)

Foot's Fingers
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
i become to miss nastya

reqading her post-match interview

watching her matches
become nervous, when she is plaaying, this YEC have not bring me so much feelings as previous

angiee3
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:16 PM
i so miss nastya playing...!!!
i hope these months go quick...!!!

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:22 PM
She's taking a much longer break than last year.
In 2004, the Fed Cup final was after the YEC.
And she's not going to Australia early for Hopmans Cup.

angiee3
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:25 PM
yeah... i know... and these days have been going so slow for me.....
iīm going to feel like a year is going to pass until she plays again....

Spunky83
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I hope she wonīt forget to make a daily report about her whereabouts in the off-season...the ITF is really scary. In case you havenīt read the article yet: The ITF forces the top players to let them know where they are each day so that there is the possibility to make unexpected doping-tests.

Man, I would kill to get that list...could be funny, somthing like:

Myskina, Anastasia
11/29: At the pool of the hotel with Dinara in town x, chatting with cute guy
11/30: At shopping-mall with Lena in Moscow, trying to find x-mas present for fucking coach
12/01: Buying new jeans at Abercrombie & Fitch...will stay there whole day
12/02: Meeting with Nike in New York HQ, talking about smaller shorts-sizes
12/03: Meeting with manager in New Jersey, trying to get an endorsementship with mobile company

...not even my mum checks up on me every single day...

_LuCaS_
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:57 PM
TBE made the new rankings without the bonus points. Nastya is on #11. Up 3 places from the older rankings. WIth only the 1st week to count in the AO seeding she has a chance at being seeded 9-12 which is much better, I say, than 13-16.
She could meet in the round of 16 Schnyder,Pierce,Petrova or Henin.

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I wonder if she'll play Sydney, or go from home to Melbourne

_LuCaS_
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I'd rather she plays Gold Coast than Sydney. I'm sure Sveta, Dechy, Vaidisova will play 1st week.

Spunky83
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I think she will play Sydney

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:23 PM
She wants to spend some time at home, and not be in Australia all month.
Otherwise, she would still go to Perth

_LuCaS_
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Then she should be ready for hell in 4th round

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I want her and Sveta to reach a slam semi next year.
Both have 1 win, no final, no semi.

Spunky83
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Then she should be ready for hell in 4th round

She wonīt lose any points if she loses in the 4th round anyway...2006 will be points-chasing year

_LuCaS_
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I know but I'm tired of consistently making 4th round appearances or less
I want her to reach another level. Like GL said, it's time for a SF or a F.

frenchie
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I expect great things from her next year (I also said that lest year :tape: )
She will be totally focused on tennis and that's the only thing that matters :worship:

Spunky83
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I will just lay back and watch my two biggest faves collection points in a rather point-free season...ahhh...

martirogi
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I will just lay back and watch my two biggest faves collection points in a rather point-free season...ahhh...

so you think justine will be healthy all next year. i dont know about that one.

frenchie
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Spunky I read somewhere that you're going to post a download of the Maria/Nastya match in San diego soon! Is it right?
I'd like so much to watch this one!

Spunky83
Nov 10th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Spunky I read somewhere that you're going to post a download of the Maria/Nastya match in San diego soon! Is it right?
I'd like so much to watch this one!

Actually Iīve uploaded the whole match already but then somehow the links didnīt work :o

I canīt upload another 800 MB as I have limited transfer...could I send the match on CD to someone and the have it uploaded?!? PM me!

Spunky83
Nov 10th, 2005, 08:15 PM
so you think justine will be healthy all next year. i dont know about that one.

Iīd be dead by now if I didnīt at least try to hope ;)

_LuCaS_
Nov 11th, 2005, 12:21 PM
There's an interview with Nastya from 8th of November.
Nothing spectacular really, the good thing is that she got her taste for tennis back and she expects to be back in the elite players next year.

http://www.eg.ru/Publication.mhtml?PubID=7360&Menu=&Part=16

selyoink
Nov 11th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I know but I'm tired of consistently making 4th round appearances or less
I want her to reach another level. Like GL said, it's time for a SF or a F.

That is how I feel as well. I'm sick of her losing the quarterfinals at slams. The more she keeps losing in quarterfinals or earlyier the more her French Open run will look like a complete fluke. I don't think she has much of a chance at winning another slam but I'd like to see her in the semis of another one.

denine
Nov 12th, 2005, 02:25 PM
That is how I feel as well. I'm sick of her losing the quarterfinals at slams. The more she keeps losing in quarterfinals or earlyier the more her French Open run will look like a complete fluke. I don't think she has much of a chance at winning another slam but I'd like to see her in the semis of another one.
Aw man.. she might win a slam, you never know. a small chance is still a chance :D

martirogi
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:34 AM
i'm thinking of asking for a myskina dvd for xmas. any suggestions of matches to get on it?

goldenlox
Nov 14th, 2005, 03:18 PM
I think the most exciting matches she played in 2004 were the win over Venus, and the SD semi with Vera

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I read that Anastasia is in the 11-13 Gold Exempt group, with Jenn and Patty.
I think she made $300,000 from it this year.
Another of the advantages of winning a major.

Being grouped with a US 3-time slam winner, and a YEC player
is good for Nastya, considering her 2005.

_LuCaS_
Nov 15th, 2005, 05:45 PM
She was 8-10 this year?
It's normal considering her year yes.

miffedmax
Nov 15th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Aw man.. she might win a slam, you never know. a small chance is still a chance :D

I fearlessly predict at least two more ED vs. AM dustups with GS titles on the line before one of them retires.

I also fearlessly predict that Lena wins one of them, probably Aussie or US.

Spunky83
Nov 15th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I fearlessly predict at least two more ED vs. AM dustups with GS titles on the line before one of them retires.

I also fearlessly predict that Lena wins one of them, probably Aussie or US.

You Americans love acronyms to death :lol:

Almalyk
Nov 15th, 2005, 07:51 PM
I don't think it's that surprising Nastya is in the 11-13 Gold Exempt group. Under the new ranking system she will start 2006 as #11.

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2005, 03:57 PM
11-13 is probably an extra $250,000 next year. Not bad..

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2005, 04:48 PM
This year -

1-3: Justine Henin-Hardenne, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
4-6: Jennifer Capriati, Lindsay Davenport, Amelie Mauresmo*
7-10: Elena Dementieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Anastasia Myskina, Venus Williams
11-13: Daniela Hantuchova (WC), Nadia Petrova, Mary Pierce (WC)
14-20: Elena Bovina, Tatiana Golovin (WC), Patty Schnyder, Karolina Sprem (WC), Paola Suarez, Ai Sugiyama, Vera Zvonareva

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2005, 03:57 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_896_gallery.JPGPhotographer: Ron Angle Date: 20 Nov 2003

ARIANE 5
Nov 17th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Just a question for Nastya's fan : do you prefer her with short hair or long hair ?

Me : short.

Maybe a new hairstyle in Australia !!

martirogi
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:00 PM
SHORT definately!!!!!!!!!

cmon nastya give it a cut for you fans.

sinterklaasje
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:17 PM
short hair !!!
I'm also hoping for a hair cut.
And if she doesn't have her hair cut soon, sinterklaasje-with-the-pair-of-scissors will fix it when she comes to Antwerpen :devil:

ARIANE 5
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:20 PM
And me when she comes to RG, so a very very short hair cut !!!

miffedmax
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:22 PM
short hair !!!
I'm also hoping for a hair cut.
And if she doesn't have her hair cut soon, sinterklaasje-with-the-pair-of-scissors will fix it when she comes to Antwerpen :devil:

Now this is a critical question, and worthy of a poll similar to the hopelessly invalid* one we did on Dementieva's hair earlier this year.

* invalid, because I ddin't get the result I wanted.

martirogi
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:25 PM
hehe so she's getting it cut in antwerp, miami (by me), and paris. sounds amazing. :worship:

Spunky83
Nov 17th, 2005, 08:19 PM
With LīOreal being one of the main sponsors of the AusOpen...we gotta see. I would kill for professional hair cuts for free!

_LuCaS_
Nov 17th, 2005, 09:25 PM
As a superstitious thing short ;) but I like her hair tied back, it's sexier
http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/6654/122hb1.jpg

Spunky83
Nov 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Hau auf den Lucas!

_LuCaS_
Nov 17th, 2005, 09:44 PM
:scratch:
I know it's a bad thing though :mad:

miffedmax
Nov 17th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Okay, you were looking at her HAIR in that shot? Lucas, Lucas, Lucas . . .:)

Next time they play Lena And Nastya should make it a pro wrasslin' style hair match, with the winner shaving the losers head. TV ratings would skyrocket!

On second thought, this is a really bad idea, as we know who the cue ball would be . . .:lol:

Spunky83
Nov 17th, 2005, 10:54 PM
:scratch:
I know it's a bad thing though :mad:

actually itīs not...itīs the German word for that thing you always have on the funfair to show you how much strenght you have. "Hau den Lucas" ;)

http://www.idee-media.com/fun/aktion/haudenlukas_gross.jpg

Miffy! I am disappointed in you...men are all the same :o

:lol:

Number19
Nov 18th, 2005, 05:24 AM
I like the long hair too

http://www.inside-tennis.net/gps.php?gd=filderstadt_305&img=am407.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/K@tie/IMGP6460.jpg

_LuCaS_
Nov 18th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Okay, you were looking at her HAIR in that shot? Lucas, Lucas, Lucas . . .:)

The whole hair and nothing but the hair :angel:

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I like the long hair too

http://www.inside-tennis.net/gps.php?gd=filderstadt_305&img=am407.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/K@tie/IMGP6460.jpgThis is a good one

selyoink
Nov 18th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I prefer the short hair for sure. I hated the long hair at first but it did grow on me probably because she was still so hot. But she definitely needs a hair cut.

miffedmax
Nov 18th, 2005, 04:25 PM
The whole hair and nothing but the hair :angel:

Now Spunky can have her faith in guys restored. :lol:

For the record, I like Nasty with short hair, too.

iine:
Nov 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I prefer myskina with short hair and hairband:
http://www.hingis.nl/2004por/SF43.JPG

Spunky83
Nov 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Now Spunky can have her faith in guys restored. :lol:

For the record, I like Nasty with short hair, too.

Thatīs what you think...men all bastards :rolleyes:

Really donīt care about the cut

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I prefer myskina with short hair and hairband:
http://www.hingis.nl/2004por/SF43.JPGI prefer her winning matches. Especially in week 2 of majors.
She looks great, long or short.

miffedmax
Nov 18th, 2005, 10:20 PM
She looks very feline in this pic. (I've got two cats, so I think that's a good thing).

_LuCaS_
Nov 18th, 2005, 10:25 PM
http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/552/russians127ol6yv.jpg
Old times

selyoink
Nov 19th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Nastya and Vera don't look very happy in that picture. Either does the woman sitting in front of them.

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2005, 04:05 PM
It looks like they're at the race track and lost a bet

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2005, 05:37 PM
2004 Berlin http://smileys.******************/cat/18/18_3_202.gif
http://www.geocities.jp/hanafusa52/images/LGO2004AMY3S.jpg

Almalyk
Nov 21st, 2005, 01:10 AM
Rumours still abound in the Auckland tennis community that Nastya may be here in 2006 - i will cling onto the hope - but it's already good news with Petrova, Kirilenko and Hantuchova coming :)

Hope Nastya is enjoying her break - I was on holiday in Fiji last week - and i had an unrealistic hope that her and Dinara might be there. I was looking forward to sharing a cocktail :D

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2005, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty sure if Anastasia was going there early, it would be to represent Russia, not to play a Tier IV. But you never know. She plays Tier IV's sometimes.
She wants some time off, and she doesn't need a lot of matches before Melbourne.

_LuCaS_
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Seeding wise I would play

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:24 PM
http://images.newspix.com.au/images/lores/17456284.jpgJanuary 20, 2005. Melbourne VIC. Tennis. The Australian Open Day 4, Melbourne Park. Anastasia Myskina (RUS) vs Tzipora Obziler (ISR). Anastasia Myskina during her straight sets win.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:35 PM
Nadia is playing there. So it won't be easy.
But if she's playing Sydney, that's enough preparation.
It's hot there in January.

martirogi
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:44 PM
that would be a great pic, but of course there are tags. :mad:

Almalyk
Nov 21st, 2005, 07:32 PM
Nadia is playing there. So it won't be easy.
But if she's playing Sydney, that's enough preparation.
It's hot there in January.

Auckland would be good before Sydney. She could get match fit. Often temperatures on court in Sydney can reach 45 degrees celsius. In Auckland, they are likely to be high 20's. Would not be too exhausting! Kournikova came here in 2002 and loved it. :hearts:

Almalyk
Nov 21st, 2005, 07:34 PM
Seeding wise I would play

I want Nastya in the top 12 seeds for AO - a couple of players can overtake her in the first week of the season. If she played Auckland she can consolidate her seeding. Sydney won't count.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:20 PM
I'm not worried about seeding. Where will the Williams sisters be?
It only matters that Anastasia is healthy and ready for the AO.
It's the only major until late May.

martirogi
Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
i always thought myskina could do the best at aussie open. it's early in the year and most top players aren't all there yet. there's a high bounce which helps nastyenka. not too fast or too slow. perfect for nastya's second major, but a semifinal would be amazing. :worship:

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
I expect all the top players to be in Melbourne in January.
3 slam winners missed the YEC, but they all want the AO.
I'll be happy if Anastasia plays well there , like she did in 2004.

_LuCaS_
Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
I'm not worried about seeding. Where will the Williams sisters be?
It only matters that Anastasia is healthy and ready for the AO.
It's the only major until late May.
LOL at the WS. Let's not forget they're multiple Slam champions.
She was ready last year too until she met Kim. This sport requires some strategy too. Why not meet Dementieva or Schnyder in the 4th round?

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:31 PM
If she's in the 4th round, the tournament is already a success.
You want a rematch with Sharapova?:boxing: Then lose that top 12 seeding.

miffedmax
Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:00 PM
LOL at the WS. Let's not forget they're multiple Slam champions.
She was ready last year too until she met Kim. This sport requires some strategy too. Why not meet Dementieva . . . in the 4th round?

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Even though the divine Miss D. did DOUBLE her number of wins against Nastya this year. :eek:

I would really like to see Nastya and Lena D. in GS finals next year--even if it's the same one.

meyerpl
Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:23 PM
Thatīs what you think...men all bastards :rolleyes:

I think it's really only 75% - 85%.

Spunky83
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
I think it's really only 75% - 85%.

Through all my long long lifetime (lol), I have come to the conclusion that there are actually 5 different types of men:

1st: complete assholes of no use whatsoever (35%)
2nd: idiots of very little use (25%)
3rd: lovely but gay (15%)
4th: lovely but as good as married (20%)
5th: great (5%)

denine
Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:54 PM
Through all my long long lifetime (lol), I have come to the conclusion that there are actually 5 different types of men:

that is SO true. :tape:

meyerpl
Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM

Your conclusions appear valid. The only qualifier I would add is that once he's married, a man automatically moves into your second catagory. This occurs without regard to which catagory he previously occupied.

denine
Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:10 AM

Does that mean 45% of men are idiots of very little use?

Almalyk
Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:35 AM

I hope I fit cateogry 3 :D :D :D

meyerpl
Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:38 AM

Does that mean 45% of men are idiots of very little use?

It's more than that! Spunky's numbers are accurate, but they represent a snapshot of men in her age group. From there, one can extrapolate. Most straight men and some gay men eventually get married. Knowing this, one can conclude that the vast majority of men are either idiots of very little use or will be someday. In my lifetime, I've occupied every catagory except the third. O.K. except the third and fifth. O.K. except the fifth. Regardless, as long as the institution of marriage between a man and a woman dominates virtually every culture on earth, every man except for the lucky few who somehow dodge that bullet are destined to land into catagory two. I can't explain the lucky few who remain single throughout their lives. It's like they're born with a superior immune system or something.

Almalyk
Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:31 AM
[B]Russian Invasion of my town - but where is Nastya :([B]

The Russian revolution of women's tennis will invade the ASB Classic in Auckland in 2006.

Tournament bosses have announced the line-up for January's event with five Russians in the top 50 signing up.

Nadia Petrova, with a world ranking of nine, is the top seed, with Elena Likhovtseva (17) at two, Maria Kirilenko (25) the fourth seed, while Vera Dushevina (39) and Vera Zvonareva (42) are also playing.

The field represents the strongest ever for the Auckland tournament, with 12 of the world's top 50 players coming to New Zealand.

While Petrova confirmed last month, Likhovtseva only decided at the last minute to pull-out of the Gold Coast tournament, which takes place at the same time as the ASB Classic, to come to Auckland instead.

It is not her first appearance here as she has played three previous times with a quarterfinal appearance in 2000 the highlight.

This year she reached the semifinals at the French Open and has appeared in the last eight twice at Grand Slams (Australia 2000 and Wimbledon 2003).

Kirilenko and Dushevina are the latest in a long-line of Russian starlets.

Kirilenko made the final this year in Beijing while Dushevina reached the fourth round at the Australian Open and the final in Eastbourne, beating world number three Amelie Mauresmo along the way.

New Zealand hope Marina Erakovic has again been handed a wildcard and she will be hoping to build on her first round victory this year.

The other wildcard has not yet been announced but tournament director Richard Palmer is promising a surprise.

Other big names in the draw are world number 19 Daniela Hantuchova, returning champion Katarina Srebotnik, 2005 losing finalist Shinobu Asagoe and twice semifinalist Marion Bartoli.

Former champion Eleni Daniilidou in also in the main draw, along with Argentina's Paola Suarez.

ASB Classic seeds:

1.Nadia Petrova RUS
2.Elena Likhovtseva RUS
3.Daniela Hantuchova SVK
4.Maria Kirilenko RUS
5.Katarina Srebotnik SLO
6.Shinobu Asagoe JPN
7.Vera Dushevina RUS
8.Marion Bartoli FRA

Almalyk
Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:37 AM
Rumour has it that Capriati may be the surprise Wildcard - but rumours that Myskina may come, still abound in Auckland tennis circles :D I can still hope!

Number19
Nov 23rd, 2005, 05:33 AM

I hope I'm category 5, but I'm sure I'm #2 the way girls have been ignoring me or leaving me hanging lately.

But category 2 isn't so bad as long as that "very little use" is all sexual. :devil:
(did this comment just put me in category 1? :tape: )

sinterklaasje
Nov 23rd, 2005, 09:52 AM
we should make a poll :lol:

David Barker
Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
Krasnoroutskaya got the wc last year. Seems along time ago for Lina!

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Your conclusions appear valid. The only qualifier I would add is that once he's married, a man automatically moves into your second catagory. This occurs without regard to which catagory he previously occupied.

:lol: Great!!! Well you know...I am only 22. I guess my view will be even harder when I get older after 5 divorces or something like that.

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
I hope I'm category 5, but I'm sure I'm #2 the way girls have been ignoring me or leaving me hanging lately.

But category 2 isn't so bad as long as that "very little use" is all sexual. :devil:
(did this comment just put me in category 1? :tape: )

Itīs actually the other way around...nice to fool around with, useless in every day life (I guess that comment put me into some category :lol: )

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
It's more than that! Spunky's numbers are accurate, but they represent a snapshot of men in her age group. From there, one can extrapolate.

Actually the guys hitting on me are mostly aged like 35-45...itīs disgusting :o Just go to China and buy yourself a wife, damn it!

miffedmax
Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:55 PM
Of course, the one good thing about guys is that we will never, ever, become ex-wives:devil:

cerbero
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:33 PM
Actually the guys hitting on me are mostly aged like 35-45...itīs disgusting :o Just go to China and buy yourself a wife, damn it!
Whats your problem with men 35-45? :devil: Your should know how lucky you are to be hit on by us :lol:

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:52 PM
Whats your problem with men 35-45? :devil: Your should know how lucky you are to be hit on by us :lol:

Getting hit on by an ugly, idiotic and drunk man twice my age must be as nice as getting hit by a bus :lol:

Although last time this happened, it was a chief-pilot for Condor...thank you, but no thank you;)

miffedmax
Nov 23rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Spunky, I hate to tell you it gets worse. My 40 year-old sister is tired of getting hit on by guys in the 55-65 yr. range.

_LuCaS_
Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
:hehehe: :rolls:

Almalyk
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:19 PM
:hehehe: :rolls:

I see Lucas hasn't added himself to a male category! I know your not 3 ;) but where do you place yourself? :lol:

cerbero
Nov 24th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Getting hit on by an ugly, idiotic and drunk man twice my age must be as nice as getting hit by a bus :lol:

Although last time this happened, it was a chief-pilot for Condor...thank you, but no thank you;)
You're traumatized i understand poor thing... ;) you prefer to be hit on by a drunk teenager... :lol:

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
You're traumatized i understand poor thing... ;) you prefer to be hit on by a drunk teenager... :lol:

letīs say 20-33 would be fine and I would be drunk anyway :angel:

_LuCaS_
Nov 24th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I see Lucas hasn't added himself to a male category! I know your not 3 ;) but where do you place yourself? :lol:
I recon those are for normal people :cool:
You must be ready to travel into unknown to know me better

cerbero
Nov 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
letīs say 20-33 would be fine and I would be drunk anyway :angel:
You get drunk also? :eek: Do you hit on guys when you are? :lol:

Almalyk
Nov 24th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I recon those are for normal people :cool:
You must be ready to travel into unknown to know me better

LOL! I think you would perhaps be more scared to meet me :D

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM
You get drunk also? :eek: Do you hit on guys when you are? :lol:

Definetly not (or itīs not supposed to appear like I would)

Almalyk
Nov 25th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Definetly not (or itīs not supposed to appear like I would)

What about if you met Andy Roddick?? :lol:

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2005, 01:33 PM
What about if you met Andy Roddick?? :lol:

Uhhhhh.... Iīd be probably too shy to say something :unsure: and of course I would have no clue who he is, like "What? You play tennis? Is that the sport with the small room and the small ball which you hit against the wall? And whatīs the US Open?" :tape:

denine
Nov 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Uhhhhh.... Iīd be probably too shy to say something :unsure: and of course I would have no clue who he is, like "What? You play tennis? Is that the sport with the small room and the small ball which you hit against the wall? And whatīs the US Open?" :tape:
Wow.you must be REALLY drunk to not recognise roddick! :drool:

Almalyk
Nov 26th, 2005, 12:05 AM

I would probably ask him if i can play with his balls in a small room :D

_LuCaS_
Nov 26th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I would probably ask him if i can play with his balls in a small room :D
:tape:
How about dropping the duck subject?

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Anastasia finished 2005 as #13 in prizemoney.
That's because she was high up on the Gold Exempt list.
She made about $330,000 extra.
That's an advantage to winning a major. Lena L. doesn't get that.

Josh810
Nov 27th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Thought I'd bump this topic...

I was playing the new Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture DVD game with my family, and one of the questions was: "In 2004, she won the French Open to become the first Russian woman to win a grand slam." Of course, it wasn't my question though, it was my sister's, and she doesn't know crap about tennis, lol. It was so random, but cool to see... :D

iine:
Nov 27th, 2005, 08:26 AM
hey, that must be a cool game :cool:

frenchie
Nov 28th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I'm so bored right now!
The off season is way too long :devil: (don't think Nastya share my point of view here ;) )

Does anybody know if she's going to play exhibitions or not?
She will be really refreshed for next year and ready to reach the top all the more so the new ranking system will favor her :bounce:

I expect her to make a GS semi or more, to win a tier one (Moscow :angel: ), other wins in tournies, to go undefeated 10-0 against a certain Maria :tape: and to finish the year in the top5 :cool:

That would rule and make a few people (-DZ-) to shut up :worship:

sinterklaasje
Nov 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Does anybody know when the quality points of last year will be removed: before or after AO?
On a Belgian website, they state they will be removed after AO but Belgian press is just :smash: most of the time. It would make a difference for Nastya's ranking and seeding at the AO.

frenchie
Nov 28th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I think it will be removed before the AO. Nastya should be seeded 11th

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Thought I'd bump this topic...

I was playing the new Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture DVD game with my family, and one of the questions was: "In 2004, she won the French Open to become the first Russian woman to win a grand slam." Of course, it wasn't my question though, it was my sister's, and she doesn't know crap about tennis, lol. It was so random, but cool to see... :D

LOL, thatīs really funny but also very nice to see her included in one of the most famous quiz-games;) I donīt want to know how many people guessed wrong by answering Kournikova or Sharpi :tape:

frenchie
Nov 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Nastya's RG win was also mentionned in another Quiz show on TV a few weeks ago.
That's nice! She let a mark in History

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Nastya's RG win was also mentionned in another Quiz show on TV a few weeks ago.
That's nice! She let a mark in History

Seriously now...unless youīre a tennis or die hard tennis fan, thereīs no way a "normal" person would know that answer :eek:

Number19
Nov 29th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Seriously now...unless youīre a tennis or die hard tennis fan, thereīs no way a "normal" person would know that answer :eek:

Well, the nude photos/lawsuit put her regular sports sections of newspapers, and it would have mentioned her French Open win surely. And the word "nude" definitely grabs people's attention to read more.

And her losing in the first round this year and the reason behind it got her attention, too. Wasn't she an internet search leader for it that?

Unfortunately, both those reasons eclipsed the actual win itself. But thats the sensationalist media for ya.

Josh810
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:01 AM
LOL, thatīs really funny but also very nice to see her included in one of the most famous quiz-games;) I donīt want to know how many people guessed wrong by answering Kournikova or Sharpi :tape:
My sister actually answered Kournikova. :lol: :o

I was like, why couldn't that have been my question?

_LuCaS_
Nov 29th, 2005, 08:37 PM
How's everybody? Enjoying the december sun? Partying up?
Things are getting pretty hot in Romania in this time

meyerpl
Nov 29th, 2005, 08:52 PM
It's currently -7.2 degrees centigrade with temps dropping, light snow falling and a stiff wind blowing off Lake Superior where I am. Yahooooo!

Spunky83
Nov 29th, 2005, 08:53 PM
How's everybody? Enjoying the december sun? Partying up?
Things are getting pretty hot in Romania in this time

Enjoying the december sun, yes :lol:

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/ap/20051128/17/3122950424.jpg

I needed 4 hours from Dusseldorf to my hometown with the train. Normally it only takes 2 hours :eek: At least it was only 3 hours back to Dusseldorf yesterday :bounce: I feel fortunate that the train was moving at all.

We do enjoy the winter :tape:

Spunky83
Nov 29th, 2005, 08:56 PM
One good thing: Martina Hingis is coming back!!! Woohooooo!!! This will be terrific. She was my fave player pre-2003.

meyerpl
Nov 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
That is an amazing picture. Wow!

I am actually in the mood for winter now. The fall rituals are complete; cutting firewood, deer hunting, putting boats away and getting things buttoned down for winter. Now I'm eying my cross-country skis, waiting for the first good snowfall that sticks around. Our ground is white but we still need a good blast of snow. Then I can head out into the woods at night after work & the kids are in bed with a head-lamp, head-phones w/ music and a nip for after working up a good sweat. It isn't exactly partying but it works for me.

martirogi
Nov 29th, 2005, 10:08 PM
hingis was why i began to love tennis, but now my passion for nastya far surpasses her.

Spunky83
Nov 29th, 2005, 10:11 PM
hingis was why i began to love tennis, but now my passion for nastya far surpasses her.

:lol: Just imagine Nastya drawing Martina first round in Sydney or Melbourne :lol:

I am still sooooo excited!!! Canīt wait to see her on court again!!! Since I never ever start to like my faves less no matter what, seems like I have four active fave players again :bounce:

meyerpl
Nov 29th, 2005, 10:52 PM
:lol: Just imagine Nastya drawing Martina first round in Sydney or Melbourne :lol:

I am still sooooo excited!!! Canīt wait to see her on court again!!! Since I never ever start to like my faves less no matter what, seems like I have four active fave players again :bounce:
I'm excited for you. I'm happy to hear it too. I wish her all the best.

Four active fave players? I knew about Nastya & JHH. Who's the fourth? Just curious.

miffedmax
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I'm excited for you. I'm happy to hear it too. I wish her all the best.

Four active fave players? I knew about Nastya & JHH. Who's the fourth? Just curious.

Well, despite my best, ongoing efforts, we know who it isn't . . . :lol:

martirogi
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:09 PM
its ivanovic. ;)

Spunky83
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Well, despite my best, ongoing efforts, we know who it isn't . . . :lol:

Lena L./D., Kim, Momo, Mary, Bepa, Venus...all in my personal "like and respect"-category;)

meyerpl
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:31 PM
its ivanovic. ;)
That's who I thought of after posing the question.

Spunky83
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:32 PM
And Andy Roddick (though I admire da FedExpress)

martirogi
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:41 PM
i like the addition to your sig spunky. im inspired.

meyerpl
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:46 PM
i like the addition to your sig spunky. im inspired.
Duhhhh. I need to start paying more attention to signatures. Sometimes I amaze myself with the breadth and depth of my own stupidity.

angiee3
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=Spunky83]

QUOTE]

nice pic.. where is that at? :confused:

_LuCaS_
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Canada I think

Spunky83
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=Spunky83]

QUOTE]

nice pic.. where is that at? :confused:

Germany this week...a lot of unexpected snow. 250000 people were without any electricity. It was chaotic, plus the trains were all late or didnīt go at all. Itīs better now.

_LuCaS_
Nov 30th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Snow doesn't do that Spunky ;)
I thought it's Canada because they have that almost every year with the 2 air fronts meeting (warm and cold) producing ice storms.

Spunky83
Nov 30th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Snow doesn't do that Spunky ;)
I thought it's Canada because they have that almost every year with the 2 air fronts meeting (warm and cold) producing ice storms.

It does actually. To your defense: We didnīt believe it either at the beginning. Germanyīs electric power lines in the rural areas are not made to cope with so much snow. It came too early and it was too much in such a short time. Donīt you follow the news, Lucas? It was global news last weekend...Spain, UK, Germany, Portugal...all downed in white powder;)

Hereīs an article if you still donīt believe me. Why the heck do you think would I need 4 hours for a regular 2-hours train ride? It was crazy! There hasnīt been that much snow for over 100 years.

Some 25,000 still without power in snow-bound western Germany

Tue Nov 29,10:05 AM ET

MUENSTER, Germany (AFP) - Some 25,000 people in western Germany were spending a fifth day without electricity after record snowfall downed power lines throughout the region.

The number has halved since Monday, according to the interior ministry in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany's most populous.

Some 250,000 people were left without electricity after the heaviest snow in the region in more than 100 years damaged about 50 electrical poles on Friday, plunging much of the area around the city of Muenster near the Dutch border into darkness.

At the weekend repair teams restored electricity to about 225,000 people.

Police said that hazardous road conditions led to some 2,000 accidents with some 140 injuries and millions of euros (dollars) in damage.

A 52-year-old homeless man froze to death under a pedestrian bridge.

More cool pics;)
http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=germany+snow&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&fr=FP-tab-news-t&c=news_photos

_LuCaS_
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Weird. I don't remember this happening in Romania altough I experienced some heavy snow in my life. It must have been something else too.

Spunky83
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Weird. I don't remember this happening in Romania altough I experienced some heavy snow in my life. It must have been something else too.

Germany doesnīt really have snow. At least not in the region I am coming from, thatīs probably why this happened. The people who are still sitting there in their 3 degree-houses think that the electricity-companies havenīt check the pylons often enough in the past. Well, fortunately the lights were just flickering in my hometown (my mum was already worrying about how to keep the water in her aquarium warm :lol: )

_LuCaS_
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I can only imagine what would happen to the few sky scrappers you have :lol:

Spunky83
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I can only imagine what would happen to the few sky scrappers you have :lol:

as in skyscrapers?

_LuCaS_
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:38 PM
It was a joke, nevermind

Spunky83
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:49 PM
It was a joke, nevermind

Me? I never make jokes.

_LuCaS_
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:59 PM
http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/8225/3451857114uz.jpg
It's freezing in there? :lol:

meyerpl
Nov 30th, 2005, 09:38 PM
That's an amazing picture. I read that parts of Austria got over 70 centimeters! That's a lot of snow, especially for an area that doesn't normally get it. Power poles are like dominoes; once one goes, they all go. I've seen that happen, or the aftermath anyway. I live near Lake Superior, the world's largest freshwater lake. It only freezes about once every 40 years, in spite of long, bitter cold winters. It can produce a lot of snow when the cold wind blows across it. There's a peninsula with several towns on it that receives an average of 762 centimeters of snow annually! Where I live we normally get less than half that amount, but it's usually well above knee deep by the middle of January and I need to shovel the roof of my house.

Spunky83
Nov 30th, 2005, 09:44 PM

I used to suck my thumb like this :lol:

Spunky83
Nov 30th, 2005, 09:48 PM
That's an amazing picture. I read that parts of Austria got over 70 centimeters! That's a lot of snow, especially for an area that doesn't normally get it. Power poles are like dominoes; once one goes, they all go. I've seen that happen, or the aftermath anyway. I live near Lake Superior, the world's largest freshwater lake. It only freezes about once every 40 years, in spite of long, bitter cold winters. It can produce a lot of snow when the cold wind blows across it. There's a peninsula with several towns on it that receives an average of 762 centimeters of snow annually! Where I live we normally get less than half that amount, but it's usually well above knee deep by the middle of January and I need to shovel the roof of my house.

Thatīs the largest of the Great Lakes, isnīt it? So youīre almost a Canadian ;)

meyerpl
Nov 30th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Thatīs the largest of the Great Lakes, isnīt it? So youīre almost a Canadian ;)
She's the greatest of the Great Lakes; a beautiful, wild, sparkling fresh-water sea. She's a million miles across, seven-million miles long, a hundred miles deep with a bottom of solid copper. She's a charm when she's at peace and a terror when she's riled. She's not to be trusted. She's got a witch in every wave. Superior never gives up her dead.

Yeah, I'm closer to Canada than to the State Capitol. I get bears and wolves in my yard.

Spunky83
Dec 1st, 2005, 02:45 AM
She's the greatest of the Great Lakes; a beautiful, wild, sparkling fresh-water sea. She's a million miles across, seven-million miles long, a hundred miles deep with a bottom of solid copper. She's a charm when she's at peace and a terror when she's riled. She's not to be trusted. She's got a witch in every wave. Superior never gives up her dead.

Yeah, I'm closer to Canada than to the State Capitol. I get bears and wolves in my yard.

How charming and old-fashioned of you to refer to the sea as "her" :D

fleur137
Dec 1st, 2005, 03:00 AM
hey guys and girls. i'm totally out of date on nastya news. what's her first tourney? anything before AO?

Spunky83
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:11 AM
My prediction is Sydney, but the tourneyīs list is going to come out this week anyway. Definetely no tourney in the first week.

Almalyk
Dec 2nd, 2005, 02:07 AM
My prediction is Sydney, but the tourneyīs list is going to come out this week anyway. Definetely no tourney in the first week.

Sydney is also my prediction - but it's not what i dream of! Nastya please come to Auckland with your friends Lena L, Dani and Vera! I'll make it worthwhile for you! I'll be the best fan! :wavey:

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
http://web.madritel.es/personales/mgonzalez8/Calendario/Fondo%20Myskina%201024.jpg

miffedmax
Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:55 PM

It's a pic of Nastya and Lena, and Lena has the trophy? Of course it's cold, 'cause hell just froze over!

fleur137
Dec 2nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Sydney is also my prediction - but it's not what i dream of! Nastya please come to Auckland with your friends Lena L, Dani and Vera! I'll make it worthwhile for you! I'll be the best fan! :wavey:
but aww i want her to come to syd so i can see her play lol. oh well. either way i'm glad she's playing something before AO.

ARIANE 5
Dec 3rd, 2005, 02:16 PM
I would like that Nastya plays double with Hingis next year.

Good team no ?

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2005, 02:55 PM
I would like that Nastya plays double with Hingis next year.

Good team no ?

Totally! Plus, they like each other. Nastya once said of Hingis that she was the sweetest girl on the tour, Martina seemed to respect Nastya a lot while commentating for German Eurosport last year at the French Open

cindy
Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
well I do prefer her to play with lena D or lena L...

ARIANE 5
Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:15 PM
With Lena Dementieva, yes why not. But Lena L... plays with Vera Z...

iine:
Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:15 PM
Martina and Nastya would be perfect! I would be thillied if they teamed up!^^"

ARIANE 5
Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
I don't understand why she doesn't play with Vera since Australian Open last year. They played very well together.

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:50 PM
Vera and Elena L. made the YEC this year. Anastasia had a lot of different partners throughout 2005.

frenchie
Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:27 PM
Martina and Nastya would rock!!

let's discuss her 2006 schedule!
I want Nastya's schedule to be smarter than in 2005 (it won't be difficult :tape: ) because a smart schedule leads to good results.

First of all, Nastya won't play fed cup so she has a few more weeks off and less travels: that's a good thing!
I want her schedule to be:

Sydney
AO
She will be refreshed and rebound ace is a good surface for her game. She should do well! Then one week of :cool:

Open gaz de France
Anvers
She should play there instead of Middle East tournies because the field is weaker and it's in Europe. Moreover indoor is great for her.

Indian wells
Miami
Charleston (after one week off)
Indian wells has a weeker field but a lot of points. Miami will be tough (but it's not in California so Nastya will play for sure :tape: )She should skip AI. What worries me about this part of the season is that Nastya always spend a lot of time far from her home and she hates it. This schedule would mean 6 weeks in the US in a row: don't think it will happen :rolleyes:

And for the rest of the season:
Berlin (she loves the place)
Rome
RG

Eastbourne
Wimby

Stanford
Acura classic SanDiego
Montreal/toronto
USO

Luxembourg (because i go to the tourny every year :lol: :lol: )
Filderstadt
Moscow (of course :angel: )
Zurich

YEC (hopefully)

That would mean 21 tournies. But it seams a fairly good schedule for me with time to recover, not too much travelling, and good tournies (all on Eurosport). Maybe she could replace one or two with a tier3!
What do you think? :confused:

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:30 PM
What's her Gold Exempt status for 2006?

denine
Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
wow. frenchie, you sound REALLY excited! :lol:

frenchie
Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:37 PM
wow. frenchie, you sound REALLY excited! :lol:

Yes yes :bounce:
I'm really looking forward to 2006! I have great feelings :p

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2005, 05:10 PM
http://pictures.elenad.ru/d/2669-2/dementievafinal1fm.jpg
http://pictures.elenad.ru/d/1568-5/13_G.jpeg
http://pictures.elenad.ru/d/1564-5/14_G.jpeg

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Berlin (she loves the place)

Maybe she can finally play a little bit better there? :D

martirogi
Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
I don't understand why she doesn't play with Vera since Australian Open last year. They played very well together.

they played together at miami, but i think that might have been the last time.

martirogi
Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:01 PM
all i know is that she better come to miami and not have any "big toe" injuries like in 2004

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:14 PM
all i know is that she better come to miami and not have any "big toe" injuries like in 2004

Never underestimate the power of the big toe :eek: :tape:

Anyway...the doubles discussion: From Bepaīs view, she has made the right decission. She and Lena L. are a very good team as Lenaīs actually able to calm down Vera and get her concentrated. Whenever I watched Vera/Nastya play together it was very funny but on the same it was often about the question who would smash down her raquet first. Plus Nastya laughing at Veraīs tantrums isnīt necessarily helping...but itīs really, really entertaining :lol:

Spunky83
Dec 4th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Nastya is in St. Anton, Austria, doing high altitude training with Elena Likhovtseva...further details on a-m.com

fleur137
Dec 4th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Yes yes :bounce:
I'm really looking forward to 2006! I have great feelings :p

i'm excited too! bye 2005! HELLLOOOO 2006!! go nastya! hope she gets a good start to the season!

iine:
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:36 PM
She's in Austria? .. pity that she isn't staying in vienna:(

_LuCaS_
Dec 4th, 2005, 09:51 PM
YOu got one of the A-M.com agents on the field? :)

Spunky83
Dec 4th, 2005, 09:53 PM
YOu got one of the A-M.com agents on the field? :)

Of course...we pay those guys like 1000 Dollars a month but they are all doing a horrible job!

_LuCaS_
Dec 4th, 2005, 09:57 PM
So she's training in Austria with Lena L. The vac is over with Dinara?

Spunky83
Dec 4th, 2005, 10:14 PM
So she's training in Austria with Lena L. The vac is over with Dinara?

Iīll check with my agents :lol:

_LuCaS_
Dec 4th, 2005, 10:17 PM
ASAP. Do you have any female agents too? I'd like to exchange some info soon ;)

Spunky83
Dec 4th, 2005, 10:29 PM
ASAP. Do you have any female agents too? I'd like to exchange some info soon ;)

No, I select the - male - agents based on how hot they look...guess I need to change that soon if a-m.com ever wants to make a step forward

sinterklaasje
Dec 4th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Spunky, you should tell your agent in Austria to advise Nastya to play the tournament in Antwerpen ;) (so many have already entered, but still no Nastya)

miffedmax
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:28 AM
No, I select the - male - agents based on how hot they look...guess I need to change that soon if a-m.com ever wants to make a step forward

And we men are supposed to be the bastards?! :lol:

Oh, Spunky's hoisted by her own petard. (I just love that expression).

denine
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Nastya's not in sydney?

Spunky83
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:15 AM
LOL...just saw it. Sheīs pulling a Williams! (alhtough they are at least playing HK)

martirogi
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:08 PM
i have a really good feeling about this no warm up thing. nastya steps on to court all fresh with happy thoughts from russia.

denine
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM
wanted her to play sydney. but oh well..

hope she does really really well in AO

miffedmax
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:47 PM
If the strategy works, then it proves Nastya is a genius.

If it fails, it's all fucking Jen's fucking fault.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I thought she would train in Moscow to be near her family.

Spunky83
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM
She would have to go down to Australia by the beginning of the second week of January at the latest eventually, compensating with the time zone, climate and the rebound ace.

Spunky83
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I thought she would train in Moscow to be near her family.

Iīd bet her mum will be in Australia too

meyerpl
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:34 PM
If the strategy works, then it proves Nastya is a genius.

If it fails, it's all fucking Jen's fucking fault.
:lol: So, how long have you been married, Max? :lol:

meyerpl
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Iīd bet her mum will be in Australia too
That would be nice!

sinterklaasje
Dec 5th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I tought she would play Sydney. Don't really know whether she should play a warm-up event or not. At least she will have had a decent time off in between the 2 season. I hope she uses some of this time to improve her second serve instead of spending her time on 'aprčs-ski' in Austria ;)

_LuCaS_
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:05 PM
I still think meeting Lindsay or Kim in 4rd round sucks but whatever she wants. I'll wait her to prove me wrong.

Spunky83
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I tought she would play Sydney. Don't really know whether she should play a warm-up event or not. At least she will have had a decent time off in between the 2 season. I hope she uses some of this time to improve her second serve instead of spending her time on 'aprčs-ski' in Austria ;)

Time for my personal fave phrase again here:

Pass me the vodka :drink:

Spunky83
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:44 PM
I still think meeting Lindsay or Kim in 4rd round sucks but whatever she wants. I'll wait her to prove me wrong.

Is that possibility already based on the new "no-quali points"-ranking? Or is it that easy for the other players to pass her? Which week is used for the AusOpen seedings?

God, I should have a diary about every single slam cause I constantly forget about all the numbers-stuff.

meyerpl
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure what to make of her decision not to play any warm-up tournament. It seems odd to me. The fact that she has little to lose in terms of points means that she also has a great opportunity to gain ground. I wonder if it's part of a well considered strategy or a reluctance to get back to work after a long break from the tour.

It's all pure speculation at this point. Hopefully, in a few weeks we'll all be saying, "How about that! Nastya sure knew what she was doing!"

fleur137
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:57 PM
As much i would like her to play Sydney, i don't think it really matters to her. i mean it's only 1pt she got from that tourney, not like last year when she actually had pts to defend. And plus i remember the commentators this year saying that she wouldn't play a warmup next year cos of her hectic schedule (e.g. fed cup finals late into the season, etc). but then that was before the great drop when everything was fine and the #1 ranking was in sight.

_LuCaS_
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Is that possibility already based on the new "no-quali points"-ranking? Or is it that easy for the other players to pass her? Which week is used for the AusOpen seedings?

God, I should have a diary about every single slam cause I constantly forget about all the numbers-stuff.
Seeding for AO si based on NON QUALITY rankings. The 1st week (auckland and gold coast) matters for the seeding.
She's on 11 with 1155 pts. Next are Dechy with 1150 and Kuznetsova with 1140. Schiavone has 1091. THe rest don't matter.
Now Kuznetsova is out because she's not playing either. Dechy plays Gold Coast. Schiavone plays Gold Coast. If they do decent they will surpass Nastya.

Spunky83
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Seeding for AO si based on NON QUALITY rankings. The 1st week (auckland and gold coast) matters for the seeding.
She's on 11 with 1155 pts. Next are Dechy with 1150 and Kuznetsova with 1140. Schiavone has 1091. THe rest don't matter.
Now Kuznetsova is out because she's not playing either. Dechy plays Gold Coast. Schiavone plays Gold Coast. If they do decent they will surpass Nastya.

Uhh...where is Serena?

martirogi
Dec 6th, 2005, 03:06 AM
hmm this is interesting:

Anastasia or Anastacia is a female given name which comes from Koine Greek. Its literal translation is "She who shall rise up again" although it is usually just referred to as meaning resurrection.

fleur137
Dec 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
^hmm very interesting indeed! i always thought "anastasia" was a russian name....hope her name doesn't jinx her!

frenchie
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I don't think it's a smart idea by Anastasia not to play a single match before AO!
Sh's gonna lose her 11th seed and won't have match practice. She should have played Sydney

iine:
Dec 6th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I don't think it's a smart idea by Anastasia not to play a single match before AO!
Sh's gonna lose her 11th seed and won't have match practice. She should have played Sydney

yeah,i totally agree with that! in my opinion, it's very helpful to have played a few matches before a GS and then slowly find your form .. but it's nastya's decision;)

selyoink
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I personally could care less if she plays a tournament prior to the AO. The first couple of matches should technically be her warm up matches. Although for Nastya that is almost never the case. I think she knows what she is doing.

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Anastasia was so inconsistent before Wimbledon in 2005, that I don't know what a good schedule for her is.
If she's healthy, play.

miffedmax
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:20 PM
hmm this is interesting:

Anastasia or Anastacia is a female given name which comes from Koine Greek. Its literal translation is "She who shall rise up again" although it is usually just referred to as meaning resurrection.

Funny, I thought is meant "She who smites tall blondes."

I predict she will rise up the rankings. Again.

Spunky83
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I am not sure if any warm-up matches would help her. There are some players who can play as usual no matter whatīs going inside their heads. However Nastya - as we all know by now - is totally different. If sheīs mentally not in the game, everyone - even me I guess - can beat her. If sheīs on fire and in a good mood, she plays like a world number one. So whatever she plans to do prior to the AusOpen, I just hope sheīs happy doing it.

martirogi
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
2006: The Nastya Resurrection Tour

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:53 PM
http://www.centralchronicle.com/20050928/28a4.jpg http://www.centralchronicle.com/20050928/28a3.jpg Anastasia Myskina, right, and Elena Likhovtseva both of Russia in traditional Indian sari pose with the Sunfeast WTA Open trophies during a photo call in Calcutta, India, Monday, Sept. 26, 2005. Myskina won the singles and doubles title while Likhovtseva shared the doubles.

miffedmax
Dec 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I am not sure if any warm-up matches would help her. There are some players who can play as usual no matter whatīs going inside their heads. However Nastya - as we all know by now - is totally different. If sheīs mentally not in the game, everyone - even me I guess - can beat her. If sheīs on fire and in a good mood, she plays like a world number one. So whatever she plans to do prior to the AusOpen, I just hope sheīs happy doing it.

No, even at her worst Nastya would spank me because I'm just as big a head case as she is. On the court anyway.

meyerpl
Dec 6th, 2005, 05:18 PM
No, even at her worst Nastya would spank me because I'm just as big a head case as she is. On the court anyway.
Max, you beat me to the punch. I was going to say that Nastya would beat me if she played blindfolded, carrying a bucket of water, leading a dog on a leash after slamming seven vodka & tonics.

Seriously, in terms of skipping the warm ups, I'm less concerned about Nastya's preparation than I am about seeding at the AO. IMO Nastya is a seasoned player capable of preparing mentally and physically for GS competition on the practice court.

LuCaS, thanks(!) for the explanation of AO seeding. That was informative and of great interest to me.

martirogi
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:02 PM
spunky can't your agents hack into the wta computer or kidnap jens. we need to know nastya's schedule. that beautiful, brilliant, perfect, omnipotent, gracious maria sharapova has her whole schedule on the line. sigh i guess im just stuck being a fan of a player not as angelic as that great girl.

Spunky83
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:16 PM
spunky can't your agents hack into the wta computer or kidnap jens. we need to know nastya's schedule. that beautiful, brilliant, perfect, omnipotent, gracious maria sharapova has her whole schedule on the line. sigh i guess im just stuck being a fan of a player not as angelic as that great girl.

Do you think if I had the chance to kidnap Jens, I wouldnīt have already done it? :lol:

I might write her agents a mail and try ask for it...and of course, Iīd also like to know what happened to the official site.

miffedmax
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:25 PM
You both assume that Nastya herself knows what her schedule is for 2006.

I suspect that Nastya's is probably always the last player's paperwork received, (at least from a Top 20 player) at any tournament, is rife with typos and probably has coffee or tea rings on it.

martirogi
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM
well she should at least know the first few months by now.

meyerpl
Dec 6th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Do you think if I had the chance to kidnap Jens, I wouldnīt have already done it? :lol:

I might write her agents a mail and try ask for it...and of course, Iīd also like to know what happened to the official site.
I have a feeling that if Spunky ever kidnapped Jens, the subjects of Nastya and tennis would never come up. :lol:

Spunky83
Dec 6th, 2005, 08:04 PM
You both assume that Nastya herself knows what her schedule is for 2006.

I suspect that Nastya's is probably always the last player's paperwork received, (at least from a Top 20 player) at any tournament, is rife with typos and probably has coffee or tea rings on it.

:lol: I do have the same suspicion and she should definetly change her management. Referring to Nastyaīs horse pic, he said something like: "Thatīs a seller. If we get the attention of sponsors through that, we will do it again." Oh, come on...Mark Gandler canīt you do better than that? Guess thatīs what happen if the rest of your clients are mainly hockey players. Wouldnīt be bad to have a professional spokesperson too. This yearīs incidents could have been treated better.

Source: http://morgenpost.berlin1.de/content/2003/06/28/sport/613093.html?redirID (german, sorry)

Spunky83
Dec 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I have a feeling that if Spunky ever kidnapped Jens, the subjects of Nastya and tennis would never come up. :lol:

This is exactly the reason why I donīt like a-m.com visitors to read my posts here :lol: Yeah...well, I am just an ordinary girl :tape:

_LuCaS_
Dec 6th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Sharapova is a money maker. Everybody wants to know where she plays.
We know she plays AO. Then I think it's Antwerp. Doesn't matter where she plays, when she plays as long as she wins matches. I want her to suprise me, because I don't expect much.

Spunky83
Dec 7th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Pics from the draw ceremony and party in St. Anton for the exhibition tourney tele.ring Tennistrophy...just look at Jurgen Melzerīs haircut!!! :eek: :worship:

http://spielerfotos.tennisweb.at/fotos/tele.ring_tennis_trophy_2005/wrapper/tele.ring_tennis_trophy_2005_wrapper_0021.jpg

http://spielerfotos.tennisweb.at/fotos/tele.ring_tennis_trophy_2005/wrapper/tele.ring_tennis_trophy_2005_wrapper_0011.jpg

cindy
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:53 PM
thx for sharing the pix spunky....she is sooooooooooo happy on the second one!!!
love it!!!!

Spunky83
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:04 PM
In case you guys are interested in the other pics - without Nastya - but to get a glimpse of the atmosphere of that highly weird party (attention: STEPANEK!):

http://www.tennisweb.at/fotos/view.php?chosen=1&kat1_id=1&kat2_id=41&kat3_id=94&offset=1

cindy
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:34 PM
thx spunky...they seem to have a lot of fun