PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

martirogi
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:29 PM
nastyenka you need to step it up in singles and doubles tomorrow

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:31 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/FC_2348_original.PDF

Scorecard: Stats...so many numbers...love it...weird me. Although the numbers of sets is wrong.

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Tomorrow is a big day. The 2005 Fed Cup champion is crowned.
Mauresmo and Pierce are both very good. This won't be easy.

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
another one down against Momo. Guess I'll have to accept that she can't beat her :(
I really wished I could see this game :mad: get an idea of what's happening there, try and figure out this Momo nightmare.
She's bound to win tomorrow against Pierce.

Momo is pretty much unbeatable in Fed Cup...she won like 15 matches in a row now, only Davenport is better.

cerbero
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:33 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/FC_2348_original.PDF

Scorecard: Stats...so many numbers...love it...weird me. Although the numbers of sets is wrong.
Yes put weirdness on there,lots of it... :lol:

martirogi
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:35 PM
momo is beatable. demen will show you. she wants to make up for not being chosen on the final team last year.

:smash: clay :smash:

cerbero
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Then we have the doubles trouble...

martirogi
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:40 PM
yes doubles will be very confusing. if demen wins both matches she should play, but with who. if nastya loses both matches will she be asked to play or will they favor one of the younger players. so many different options.....

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:43 PM
yes doubles will be very confusing. if demen wins both matches she should play, but with who. if nastya loses both matches will she be asked to play or will they favor one of the younger players. so many different options.....

If Nastya loses against Pierce, Iīd let her out and let Dementieva play cause her success would certainly be more useful than a Nastya whoīs still grieving over the two losses.

:lol: I was already looking forward to your next avatar :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Myskina, ranked 13, was shocked by her performance.

"It's the worst match in my whole life. That's all I can say," said the 24-year-old Muscovite. "Elena played great. So hopefully tomorrow we can win."
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_sports/view/168826/1/.html

No offense Nastya...but I think there have been worse;) Really not used to lose in FedCup. On the other side, Fed Cup really is her most important event.

And: Pierce may not play tomorrow as sheīs injured a bit. Weīll see

selyoink
Sep 17th, 2005, 07:59 PM
I really don't know if Nastya can beat Pierce or whoever France plays since they may replace Pierce. I don't think she has her confidence back at all yet. I think this one is up to Lena. She needs to carry Russia.

_LuCaS_
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Don't be that negative. She losses to Momo. It's a fact. Everywhere they play. We should deal with it I guess.
She knows she has to win a match. For Russia. She's the Czarina after all.

selyoink
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I understand that Mauresmo is her kryptonite but she just doesn't really seem to be there mentally. I think if she plays Pierce she will win but I don't think France is going to play Pierce. Her best chance is against Pierce.

I hope I am wrong especially if Mauresmo takes down Lena.

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Don't be that negative. She losses to Momo. It's a fact. Everywhere they play. We should deal with it I guess.
She knows she has to win a match. For Russia. She's the Czarina after all.

Youīre so mellow lately...whatever it is that you take, I wanna have it too;)

No, seriously, Lucas is right. You guys canīt tell me that you expected Nastya to win against Momo, do you? I mean of course it would have been nice and everyone would have said "wow! She is soo back on track!" and now that she lost, weīre back at "She just sucks!!!" Obviously, itīs a very thin line.

I think thatīs pretty harsh. Weīre talking about Mauresmo here. Yes, she does suck a lot playing at home but sheīs still one of the best players especially on clay. Nastya would have lost that match in 2003 as well as in 2004 or in 2005. Her game just suits Momoīs style, that was never a secret. I really donīt get what all the fuss is about :confused: Thereīs a reason why the Fed Cup consists of more than just one person. One loses, the other one comes to rescue. If I remember correctly, Nastya did that last year in the finals when Kuzi lost both her single matches and also balanced the semis when Elena lost to Venus. Just chill :cool:

Of course, thatīs just my opinion...I just like relaxed atmospheres I guess ;)

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I understand that Mauresmo is her kryptonite but she just doesn't really seem to be there mentally. I think if she plays Pierce she will win but I don't think France is going to play Pierce. Her best chance is against Pierce.

I hope I am wrong especially if Mauresmo takes down Lena.

As for the mental part...if she loses early in India, I agree with the "sheīs not ready mentally"-theory;) I donīt even see losing to Mary as an embaressment. Do you?

selyoink
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:19 PM
I know there wasn't a good chance of her beating Mauresmo but she is still hitting way too many errors and I just don't think her head is completely in it still. If her head isn't in it then she has no chance of winning unless France plays Tati is also awful at this point.

She will probably be playing a must win match as I think Mauresmo will win tomorrow. I don't know if I like her chances if she is playing to keep Russia alive.

selyoink
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:20 PM
As for the mental part...if she loses early in India, I agree with the "sheīs not ready mentally"-theory;) I donīt even see losing to Mary as an embaressment. Do you?

Depends on how fit Mary is. From what I've read it sounds like she was dead tired in the third set today.

The fact that she is playing that tournament in India seems to tell me her head isn't in it and she knows she can't compete in tournaments with all the top players yet.

_LuCaS_
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Youīre so mellow lately...whatever it is that you take, I wanna have it too;)

Oh trust me, it's in your blood already ;)

She will probably be playing a must win match as I think Mauresmo will win tomorrow. I don't know if I like her chances if she is playing to keep Russia alive.

No worry, as long as it's not Momo it's ok. Just like last year. Pressure high (due to Sveta's poor performance). Dechy and Golovin failed one after another.
I don't know why but I feel with Nastya everything is upside-down. She beats great players, losses to nobodies. She wins matches when pressure is on and tends to be erratic when relaxed. It must be because of her twisted personality. She's a child like Cindy said. A talented, mischevious one.

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Nahhh...shit happens. I am already happy that sheīs at least hitting the ball correctly again (as opposed to the horrible first months).

Might be a good idea to let go of the if/could/would/should-theories we all still have in our minds (or maybe itīs just me having those). You know the "she would have became number one by now", "she would have at least won a title by now"...maybe she will never play as well as in 2004 ever again, maybe she will. I think we have to take little steps forward and sometimes - just like in real life - we have to take a step back and try everything to go forward again.

I should have become a Federer fan, damn it... :o :lol: Less anxiety but well I chose it.

cindy
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:42 PM
ok here I am!!! I'm a real star!!! I was on tv with nastya and now I'm on fedcup.com!!!

cerbero
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:44 PM
:worship:CC2

cindy
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:48 PM
thx cerbero!!! I took some pic today but i'll post it later...I was so sad for nastya but she has a lot of fan believe me coming from russia just for her!!!

martirogi
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:53 PM
:lol: I was already looking forward to your next avatar :lol:

:lol: im glad you didnt have to wait too long since i usually only change it two or three times a year.

cerbero
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:57 PM
thx cerbero!!! I took some pic today but i'll post it later...I was so sad for nastya but she has a lot of fan believe me coming from russia just for her!!!
She's lacking the confidence i wish the fans could help somehow...but we can't...looking forward to see your pics...

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:58 PM
ok here I am!!! I'm a real star!!! I was on tv with nastya and now I'm on fedcup.com!!!

:lol: THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL!!!

martirogi
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:58 PM
nastya will easily beat dechy or tati. i really think she could beat pierce as well. as for today i thought she could pull the upset for russia, but that didnt happen and i'm looking forward to her singles and doubles wins tomorrow.

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:02 PM
:lol: im glad you didnt have to wait too long since i usually only change it two or three times a year.

I really donīt wanna know what you will do with your avatar in case Nastya loses her second singles match as well...maybe put a coffin instead? Captured: Go back from where you come from, you blood sucker!

I think the cruelest thing Iīve ever heard from a fan was when the webmaster of a pretty famous Andy Roddick site, wrote in menstennisforum "Andy jump into a hole and just die" :tape:

martirogi
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:05 PM
i think mediocre is the worst i could call nastya. i just love her too much to say anything meaner, even if she never wins another match in her career. :armed:

cerbero
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:05 PM
"Andy jump into a hole and just die" :tape:
Lucas was a bit like that, when Nastya lost he got really crazy now he's more calm...

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Lucas was a bit like that, when Nastya lost he got really crazy now he's more calm...

Yeah...noticed that too. Heīs like me now :bolt:

"You bloody suck, Nastya", somehow it does have its appeal :tape:

cerbero
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Maybe he takes something really strong when she loses... :lol:

_LuCaS_
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Was I?
It's just a sport anyway...and she lost so many times I got used to it :lol:

Offtopic : A friend of mine, a girl from MTF still a minor, was at the Romanian Open today at the Hanesc-Andreev match. Altough she's Romanian she cheered for Igor. At some point Hanescu started playing really poor and she was happy, cheering loud for Igor. A man in the back, middle age, angry with Hanescu losing aproached her and punched her twice in the face. I was stunned when she told me a few mins ago...fortunately it was't that bad and no severe injury was sustained...but still this was outrageous :o I still can't believe it :fiery:

cerbero
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Was I?

Offtopic : A friend of mine, a girl from MTF still a minor, was at the Romanian Open today at the Hanesc-Andreev match. Altough she's Romanian she cheered for Igor. At some point Hanescu started playing really poor and she was happy, cheering loud for Igor. A man in the back, middle age, angry with Hanescu losing aproached her and punched her twice in the face. I was stunned when she told me a few mins ago...fortunately it was't that bad and no severe injury was sustained...but still this was outrageous :o I still can't believe it :fiery:
One must be careful in this sort of environment...people get edgy :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Was I?

OMG...I would have gone to the police! I mean how the heck can someone just punch another person? Especially a guy punching a girl, come on!

I remember the little brother of my friend, they went to a football match and after the match he got punched by an adult...and back then the brother was just like 10 years old! People are really crazy :mad:

Almalyk
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:31 AM
(1)Anastasia Myskina vs. Edina Gallovits
Viktoria Azarenka vs. Galina Voskoboeva

Shikha Uberoi vs. Ryoko Fuda
(8)Rika Fujiwara vs. Arantxa Parra Santonja

(4)Maria Elena Camerin vs. Q
Sybille Bammer vs. Nicole Pratt

Kaia Kanepi vs. Q
(6)Laura Pous Tio vs. (wc)Virginia Ruano Pascual

(7)Karolina Sprem vs. Evie Dominikovic
Vilmarie Castellvi vs. Emmanuele Gagliardi

Maria Emilia Salerni vs. Melinda Czink
(3)Sania Mirza vs. Q

(5)Antonella Serra Zanetti vs. Q
Tamarine Tanasugarn vs. Sofia Arvidsson

Sunitha Rao vs. (wc)Neha Uberoi
(2/wc)Elena Likhovtseva vs. Yuliana Fedak

Nastya could play Azarenka in Round Two!!! No!! But i'm pleased Mirza and Likhotseva are on other side....

denine
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:32 AM
:( please beat pierce today. she looked like she was gonna cry after the match!

selyoink
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:41 AM
If Myskina loses to Gallovits I think we will all be needing a new favorite player. That would be far worse than the Schruff and Sanchez Lorenzo matches. For the record I will never turn on Nastya but that loss will be a hard pill to swallow.

I am already preparing for the worst tomorrow. Luckily for me her match tomorrow is no where near the most important sporting event of the day.

And yes, I am a pessimist.

_LuCaS_
Sep 18th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I like Edina. She's one of our best players :tape: But she can't beat Nastya. No way. Only if Nastya plays with her eyes closed.

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Watched three or four games of Myskina-Mauresmo match and quit, it was painful. She played agressively, deep balls full of spin atacking the serve and that was it Nastya just couldn't do anything right... :fiery: she must get her confidence back and then she'll kick Momo's ass i'm sure...i'm confident Lena will revenge Nastya's defeat...that would be so sweet... ;)

denine
Sep 18th, 2005, 10:49 AM
so is pierce playing or not?

P.L.B.
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Lena won, so now it is 2-1 and Nastya can hopefully be the person to win it for Russia ;)

P.L.B.
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM
so is pierce playing or not?

Yes: Nastya vs Pierce

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Yes: Nastya vs Pierce

Ok, so I heard the announcement in the background right :lol:

Going for the big party on court Nastya....come on!!!!!!! :bounce:

:Rawwb:
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Good luck Anastasia! I am going go watch it, and if they both play crappy i am coming back to finsih some imprtant work I should be doing! tutut nastya stopping my education :angel:

angiee3
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:28 PM
good luck nastya...!!!!

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
C'mon Nastya... kick Pierce's ass ( and she has a big one) for us... :lol:

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:34 PM
for the very first time I cheer for Nastya
you have my luck, Nastya

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:35 PM
for the very first time I cheer for Nastya
you have my luck, Nastya

Yeah! Next week we can scream at each other again :lol: ...isnīt Fed Cup lovely?

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah! Next week we can scream at each other again :lol: ...isnīt Fed Cup lovely?

:lol:

International games are always lovely :worship:

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:43 PM
:lol:

International games are always lovely :worship:
Wht's your problem with Nastya? :lol:

martirogi
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:47 PM
:bounce: and spunky said it couldnt be done. i love you for the day demen. now please dont ruin everything nastya.

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Wht's your problem with Nastya? :lol:

nth

But my heart is not capable to love more than 1 person at a time
and Elena does occupy most of my space ;)

focus
saved 4 BP

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:53 PM
:bounce: and spunky said it couldnt be done. i love you for the day demen. now please dont ruin everything nastya.
She said what ?

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:56 PM
win the 1st pt in Pierce's serve game
and then break!!!

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:07 PM
take 4 pts in one Pierce's service game and nth else in the others
still manage to win 6-4

good players always turn opportunities into real

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
She said what ?

Yes, I said this...(but of course proving me wrong would be GREAT!!!)

I also putmy vcash on Nastya ;)

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:10 PM
still manage to win 6-4

You look like a Nastya fanatic...careful

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Yes, I said this...(but of course proving me wrong would be GREAT!!!)

I also putmy vcash on Nastya ;)
I was ready to kick your ass real good... but i forgive you...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:12 PM
still manage to win 6-4

Yeah, finally!

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:14 PM
I was ready to kick your ass real good... but i forgive you...

I am asian, we are pessimistic...actually during French Openī04, I basically expected her to lose in every round (but expected her to win the final). Maybe itīs a lucky streak!

selyoink
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Oh please no chokes Nastya. Win this match.

I also put my vcash on Nastya even though I said I didn't think she could win.

Sep 18th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Just ran to comp to say she is playing very good at the moment!!! Keep it up Ana!!

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:27 PM
You look like a Nastya fanatic...careful

don't worry
I love Elena only
I'm always sure ;)

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Oh god... from 4-1 to 4-6. Athens anyone?. I was really trying not to ever bring up that 'A' word too... :confused:

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Oh god... from 4-1 to 4-6. Athens anyone?. I was really trying not to ever bring up that 'A' word too... :confused:
So shove off...

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:58 PM
hold now Nastya

Happy Guy
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Nastya, get your stuff together!

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM

Plaus 2003 YEC Justine and 2005 US Open...

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:06 PM
who's playing doubles ? :lol:

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
She's still fighting...

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
who's playing doubles ?

According to the commentator, definately not Myskina.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM

That would be Russian suicide...

somehow I have the feeling weīre on a turn around again

Josh810
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:17 PM
That one commentator is way annoying. "Stop looking for support Myskina!"
Let her look at her freakin bench if she wants to. :rolleyes:

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM
He's an idiot...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:19 PM

But itīs true, she does it too often

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:21 PM
That would be Russian suicide...

somehow I have the feeling weīre on a turn around again

Russian suicide would be picking that teenage team in the first place... Seriously, what was Shamil thinking? That they'd win all their ties in Singles?

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Russian suicide would be picking that teenage team in the first place... Seriously, what was Shamil thinking? That they'd win all their ties in Singles?

Sure Dementieva/Safina will play...I just hope he wonīt get the idea to chose Myskina/Dementieva

_LuCaS_
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:25 PM
This is so not good. Losing both Fed Cup matches. I fear the aftermath :crying2:

cerbero
She wasn't ready for this...

JC Federer
Well if Myskina gets picked, the match will likely be put off till tomorrow... which gives the team some time to regroup, and that might be a good thing.

Happy Guy
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Nastya :(

This is devastating.

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Doubles ?

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:30 PM
She can still purge this demon if Russia wins the doubles.

If they don't, it will be in her mind that their loss was her fault. To have come that close, and lost it. Should-have, could-have, would-have, whatever. But if the team wins the Cup, she can still banish the ignominy (like Sveta did last year -- no one really talks about that).

It should be noted that she won a key match in FC this year, which was against Venus Williams. We might not be at this final if not for that.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Nastya :sobbing: :(

from *4-1 up she just went to pieces :sad:
she stopped thinking and instead of keeping Mary off balance tried to beat her at her own game.
from then it went downhill fast :( :(

and our idiot of a captain does nothing at all except pick teams and shake his head :rolleyes:

martirogi
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM
o myskina please dont be too horrible on yourself. there will be other opportunities.

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
she lost her crown today!...why nastya why?
let's see if she will play the double...

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:45 PM
she lost her crown today!...why nastya why?
let's see if she will play the double...
Where have you been... :lol:

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
It's Dementieva and Safina vs Pierce and Mauresmo.

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Davai Lena you can beat both of them at the same time... :lol:

Alenyaa
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Where did you find that out?
I hope that this doesn't come back to haunt Nastya in the future. She's too beautiful of a tennis player to lose her from the scene :sad:

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:49 PM
hopefuly it's lena...c'mon lena!!! it's your year!!!

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:51 PM
If she wins she can become president of Russia...Putin out...

Happy Guy
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:52 PM
The matchup is on official site.

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Where did you find that out?
I hope that this doesn't come back to haunt Nastya in the future. She's too beautiful of a tennis player to lose her from the scene :sad:

realy I think that in 2008 she will still think of it....fedcup was so important to her...it's the worst thing that could happens this year

P.L.B.
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Nastya :sobbing: :(

from *4-1 up she just went to pieces :sad:
she stopped thinking and instead of keeping Mary off balance tried to beat her at her own game.
from then it went downhill fast :( :(

and our idiot of a captain does nothing at all except pick teams and shake his head :rolleyes:

The last part of the match I watched was 4-1 and now I just found out that she lost. :sad:

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:55 PM
She shouldn't have played...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:55 PM
o myskina please dont be too horrible on yourself. there will be other opportunities.

That avatar I definetly havenīt expected :eek:

So Tarpi, what next? He should stop shaking his head, looking down when a player looks at him. In case Pierce will play what would be actually a good idea as she will be more pumped than Dechy and Momo in the sense of motivation, it might took a bit longer for the doubles to start and hopefully Tarpi doesnīt get the idea to let Nastya go out again... :o

I am also pro-withdrawing from Kolkota, first of all it seems like a really shitty tourney and second of all, she can live with the fine.

Well Elena, time to step up!

Alenyaa
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I reckon the match is about to start. I just heard the stadium speaker announce Elena and Dinara.
Edit: of course it doesn necessarily mean the match is about to start, there's warming up first.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:57 PM
The matchup is on official site.

Wow! Pierce really is playing!

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:58 PM
hope elena can win this match...poor poor poor nastya...she was too much ennerved all the week to win this two match...

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:59 PM
It's a team game
Don't blame too much on urself

Now get ready for the team's last double

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Lena and Safina have a good chance, Pierce is tired...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:02 PM
It's a team game
Don't blame too much on urself

Now get ready for the team's last double

True, itīs not she havenīt had anything to do with her team reaching the finals in the first place. Last year in the finals and in this yearīs semis it was Nastya saving her team, now itīs time for Elena to keep them alive. Youīre right, itīs the team that counts ;)

Still, Nastya wonīt have a lot to laugh in case Russia wins...maybe a hint of a smile;)

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:03 PM
lena can do what nastya did last year!!! she must do it!!!

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:04 PM
If Lena wins Myskina will have to pay for pizza the rest of her life...

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:05 PM
True, itīs not she havenīt had anything to do with her team reaching the finals in the first place. Last year in the finals and in this yearīs semis it was Nastya saving her team, now itīs time for Elena to keep them alive. Youīre right, itīs the team that counts ;)

Still, Nastya wonīt have a lot to laugh in case Russia wins...maybe a hint of a smile;)

well I'm sure lena will know how to make her smile...but on the other hand she will not be realy happy for sure....she must be crying right now

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:06 PM
If Lena wins Myskina will have to pay for pizza the rest of her life...

:lol: yeah! for sure!!! :lol:

cerbero
Lena is in a fantastic shape...

Spunky83
well I'm sure lena will know how to make her smile...but on the other hand she will not be realy happy for sure....she must be crying right now

Probably flooding the lockerroom...oh man...well, well... :angel:

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:11 PM
@Spunky

What do you say now Lena hater? :lol:

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:18 PM
She shouldn't have played...

Probably not what you (or anyone) were thinking at 6-4 4-1 eh?

How was Pierce's injuries anyway?

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:20 PM
@Spunky

What do you say now Lena hater? :lol:

Iīve never been a Lena hater? I donīt hate anyone :confused:

Itīs just that I only have three faves

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Probably not what you (or anyone) were thinking at 6-4 4-1 eh?

Yep, everyone would be "oh wow Nastya!" right now if she had won, now that she didnīt, everyone tells her to go back into the coffin :tape:

Shit just happens and sometimes itīs a bit more than usual :tape: :tape: :tape:

martirogi
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:23 PM
its gonna be so horrible next year when sharapova is on the team and myskina isnt :sad: :sad: :sad: sounds like a nightmare

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:25 PM
That was an unbelievable match. Anastasia had won the Fed Cup Championship again...
Then she didn't.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Why wouldnīt she be on the team? Youīll see...in case Tarpi wonīt name Nastya, Boriz Jelzin himself will step up and drag Nastya into the team!

Jelzin who btw injured himself after having watched US Open tennis on the tv in the night.

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Iīve never been a Lena hater? I donīt hate anyone :confused:

Itīs just that I only have three faves
I was just kidding...I know you're not a Lena hater, you just don't like her to much...that shows...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I was just kidding...I know you're not a Lena hater, you just don't like her to much...that shows...

Seriously? Must be an unconcious thing...oh now I know why! Because I always want Elena in Nastya part of draw;)

Thatīs not because I donīt like Elena but because of the obvious fact that Elena does have tremendous trouble playing Nastya. I think you canīt deny that. Hating Dementieva as a Nastya fan (and vice versa) is just weird :o

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:40 PM
This is a big match for Nastya. She wants Russia to win.
She doesn't want to be the reason Russia lost.

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:40 PM
nastya is not crying she is watching the match with jens and a bob and a towel hiding herself

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:42 PM
nastya is not crying she is watching the match with jens and a bob and a towel hiding herself
I hope she is happier in the end...

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:44 PM
well her eyes are red...she is praying!!!! she is so cute realy...she doesn't wear her russian jacket

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:46 PM
well her eyes are red...she is praying!!!! she is so cute realy...she doesn't wear her russian jacket
Where are you ?

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:49 PM
at home!!!!

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:52 PM
at home!!!!
So you're watching the match or Myskina ? :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Whatīs a bob?

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Who's serving ?

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:54 PM

Uhhh...interesting note Cindy

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Whatīs a bob?
Is it a guy named bob? :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Is it a guy named bob? :lol:

I think itīs more like a hat or something like that...or a dog

Russia captured first set... :bounce:

Spunky83
Could also be a new haircut

cerbero
6-4 yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:57 PM
a bob is a hat of course!!!! dina is playing so well!!! lena too of course....well done girls

Sep 18th, 2005, 05:57 PM
:woohoo:

I am so pissed off, it is on Sky Sports downstairs and i cant watch it :bigcry:

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 05:59 PM
a bob is a hat of course!!!! dina is playing so well!!! lena too of course....well done girls

:lol: What does a bob look like? Is it one of those french hats which look like a bag with the little thing on top?

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Now 2nd set i think is going to be really though but i hope not...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:01 PM
...and itīs getting dark outside...correct me if I am wrong but geographically it should be a bit darker in Paris than here in mid Germany, right?

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:02 PM
:lol: What does a bob look like? Is it one of those french hats which look like a bag with the little thing on top?
Like a red one Lena wore in RG04 :lol: weird

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Why wouldnīt she be on the team? Youīll see...in case Tarpi wonīt name Nastya, Boriz Jelzin himself will step up and drag Nastya into the team!

Jelzin who btw injured himself after having watched US Open tennis on the tv in the night.

The russian fed cup team is very cramped...

There isn't enough room for everyone... Someone has to give. And until Myskina has a breakthru year again, I think it will be her.

its gonna be so horrible next year when sharapova is on the team and myskina isnt sounds like a nightmare

A nightmare might be playing Belgium in Rd. 1.

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:05 PM
galina is here but nastya stays with jens...isn't love???!!!! just kidding

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:06 PM
She needs a man now... :lol:

selyoink
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Well quite the disaster today for Nastya.

I now fully expect her to lose to Gallovits.

martirogi
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:30 PM
I now fully expect her to lose to Gallovits.

me too. or maybe she'll win the title and it will help her forget this mess.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:35 PM

Thereīs definetly something weird going on between those two. Maybe itīs an idea to have him as an "assistant"/psychologist on the tour and get another coach instead. After all, Jens does only have a B-license in Germany. Even the coach of my club-player friend has an A-license :tape:

JC Federer
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:41 PM
How do these licenses work? What are they?

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:41 PM
spunky I think tis a great idea...he realy knows how to calm her etc etc but maybe that it's not enough so another coach can be good

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Break time...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Few things to work on:

- how to hit a first serve in without having fear (meaning she also has to have a better second one to back up)
- how to slice correctly on her own
- how to handle deep slices (meaning more top-spin or slice back)
- how to hit a forehand even though it seems like it isnīt working
- go up to the net more often, she has some pretty decent volley skills after all
- how to hit a second serve which doesnīt look like /&!"%§
- seize the chace to attack if itīs more than an obvious thing to do

The last point is what I think the most crucial one. Often she has so many chances to just kill the ball if she just came up but she decides to run back to the baseline too often and that lets her opponent back into the point.

Itīs easy to say;)

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:47 PM
How do these licenses work? What are they?

Itīs from the German Tennis Federation (DTB). I donīt know exactly but basically the capital of your license number indicates your level of coaching qualities. You have to pay a lot first, then visit a few courses about all the theory and stuff like that and you also have to have a decent tennis level on your own.

But the license thing about Jens was meant as a joke. I am sure heīs a better coach by actually working with a pro than most A-license people.

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:53 PM
they're so close...

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:55 PM
spunky I think tis a great idea...he realy knows how to calm her etc etc but maybe that it's not enough so another coach can be good

Yeah, theoretically, I mean I donīt have the feeling that she really treats him as a coach and she obviously doesnīt see him like one. They are so close, for Nastya heīs just a person whoīs always on her side, some kind of perfect friend who canīt leave and on whom she can always rely on. For sure there are a lot of coaches like him who are more of a chat-partner and travel-partner but Nastya does need to improve some strokes.

MATCHPOINTS!!!!

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:56 PM
yAAA!!!!!

selyoink
Sep 18th, 2005, 06:58 PM
At least Nastya doesn't have to live with being the goat. Elena gets to be the hero this time.

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Lena the Great...

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:07 PM
nastya!! go buy a lot of pizza now!!!!! well done girls realy not only lena cause dina was great too...nastya gave the point in semi so she can be happy anyway
I'm so happy....nastya was almost crying in lena and dinara's harms...gosh!!!! tis so great!!!! realy!!! sooooooooooooo happy

cerbero
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Unforgetable...

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Yeah, theoretically, I mean I donīt have the feeling that she really treats him as a coach and she obviously doesnīt see him like one. They are so close, for Nastya heīs just a person whoīs always on her side, some kind of perfect friend who canīt leave and on whom she can always rely on. For sure there are a lot of coaches like him who are more of a chat-partner and travel-partner but Nastya does need to improve some strokes.

MATCHPOINTS!!!!

I think that the main thing that she must change is the way she is
she is realy nice and adorable but she is too much ennerved sometimes she screams at anyone and no one say something even her mum
maybe if someone tell her "now you stop! don't scream for nothing don't be that much ennerved etc etc" maybe that she'll control her feelings much better

P.L.B.
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:11 PM
She had a big hat at the doubles match, like she was hiding. But hopefully she can still be happy with the overall result.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I think that the main thing that she must change is the way she is
she is realy nice and adorable but she is too much ennerved sometimes she screams at anyone and no one say something even her mum
maybe if someone tell her "now you stop! don't scream for nothing don't be that much ennerved etc etc" maybe that she'll control her feelings much better

Well, after all sheīs still an only child, those are :scratch:

(please donīt bad rep me :angel: ) :lol:

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Anastasia was a big part of this Fed Cup championship.
She beat Venus when Russia needed that point.
Anastasia had an important role in this championship.

Happy Guy
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Russia wins and hopefully the overal victory will lift Nastya from her sadness.

Anyway every winning, losing and practising team-members are important to bring a victory possible.

P.L.B.
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Definitely, without Nastya they would not have even got to the final.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Definetly ;)

Josh810
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Anyone else listen to it at Fedcup.com? I would like to have seen that one flick shot or whatever it was by Dementieva during the 3rd set. The radio guys freaked out after that shot. :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:23 PM
OMG ...edited!!!

Both Russia and the social democrats (SPD Schroeder) have won!!!

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Never would have thought that. A doubles win for me today!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:27 PM
...at least I hope so...itīs gotta be that way

cerbero
OMG ...edited!!!

Both Russia and the social democrats (SPD Schroeder) have won!!!

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Never would have thought that. A doubles win for me today!!! :bounce: :bounce:
You're joking right ?

DementievaStyle
Well, Nastya really fell apart in both her games. If she hadnt of won that grand slam you would have to question her mentality. She cant seem to control her anger sometimes.

I know in thepast in games she gets upset and still wins, but this weekend she didnt look up to going through and winning her matches.

I love her game style, she makes great shots, but at the moment its clear shes goign through a ahrd part of her career that she needs to sort out soon.

I think she is a better player than Pierce, and when you are 1 set up and 4-1 up, you should be able to see it out. Maybe just a bad day for her.

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Udachi Nastya! http://images.newsru.com/pict/id/large/789573_20050918220602.gif

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:30 PM
You're joking right ?

I sure donīt hope so

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Udachi Nastya! http://images.newsru.com/pict/id/large/789573_20050918220602.gif

Ahhh! Now I know what a "bob" is...at least I finally have a name to call my beloved "winter-hat"

jmcfarla
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Nastya was poor when it came to closing out the match with mary, possibily due to a lack of practice this year. She has spent so much time this season losing/playing weaker players that she looked a little rusty in that position. As she continues to improve (and for a set and a half it was probably the best nastya has played this year against an excellent player at the top of her form with a huge home support behind her) she will get back into the habit of winning against top players.

The match against mary could have been a huge backwards step if russia had lost the tie, but i think that the win should give her confidence. She knows that she played her part in the fed cup win (she lost to two players ranked above her, both top 10, hardly a hanging offence).

This year it was Lena who carried the team, rather than Nastya. But regaining the fed cup was probably one of nastya's goals at the start of the year and considering the year she has had it is nice to see her achieving one of them. :)

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Nastya beat Venus in SF
without her, Russia may not even be in the final

maybe she didn't perform well in the final
but it's a team game
you play football and lost a match
you shouldn't just blame GK and defenders

IMO, everyone contributes their part to win the Cup
including Dochevina

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Nastya was poor when it came to closing out the match with mary, possibily due to a lack of practice this year. She has spent so much time this season losing/playing weaker players that she looked a little rusty in that position. As she continues to improve (and for a set and a half it was probably the best nastya has played this year against an excellent player at the top of her form with a huge home support behind her) she will get back into the habit of winning against top players.

The match against mary could have been a huge backwards step if russia had lost the tie, but i think that the win should give her confidence. She knows that she played her part in the fed cup win (she lost to two players ranked above her, both top 10, hardly a hanging offence).

This year it was Lena who carried the team, rather than Nastya. But regaining the fed cup was probably one of nastya's goals at the start of the year and considering the year she has had it is nice to see her achieving one of them. :)

I think thatīs a point a lot of people tend to forget. Out of the four players, she was the weakest. Doesnīt make the losses easier but at least mathematically correct;)

cindy
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Ahhh! Now I know what a "bob" is...at least I finally have a name to call my beloved "winter-hat"

yeah!!! here is the famous bob!!!!

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 07:55 PM
yeah!!! here is the famous bob!!!!

Thanks...my friends only called it "Yee Wahīs weird hat". Now itīs "Yee Wahīs weird bob" Definetly an improvement :lol:

martirogi
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:03 PM
nastya looks horrible in that pic. sorry spunky i hate bob hats.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:08 PM
nastya looks horrible in that pic. sorry spunky i hate bob hats.

No problem...I usually only wear it on my "do you think I care what I look like? Fuck off!"-days ;) But itīs good against snow (and obviously also for hiding).

martirogi
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:20 PM
its probably also good for the "what the fuck my hair looks like shit and i dont feel like trying to fix it again" days.

Spunky83
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:34 PM
its probably also good for the "what the fuck my hair looks like shit and i dont feel like trying to fix it again" days.

Thatīs usually part of the "I donīt care how I look like. Fuck off"-days. :cool:

Stephieva
Sep 18th, 2005, 11:27 PM
"I am not the heroine, the team won, not any individual," said Dementieva, who went undefeated in the tie. "Although Anastasia lost today, if she hadn't beaten Venus Williams in the semifinal, we may not have been here. It's my third Fed Cup Final but the first time that I have won so I am really happy."
Lena is damn right...
Ana has done so much for the team.. :worship:
Ana gotta remember that :kiss:

frenchie
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Great quote by Lena!!!
So sweet....

_LuCaS_
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Over now
Good luck in Calcutta Nastya :bounce:

cerbero
Sep 19th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Over now
Good luck in Calcutta Nastya :bounce:
I hope it's over in her head, i doubt it tough...

cindy
Sep 19th, 2005, 10:26 AM
thx lena...what a good friend!!!! she is so sweet I hope that nastya will believe it...and now good luck for calcutta

itzhak
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:49 PM
any reaction of Anastasia after the final? What she said about Lena D action?

Greenout
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:52 PM
HI gang,

Passing this over to everyone. Live EUROSPORT France video stream. All you'll need is a windows media player on your computer, high speed broadband. Click on the link, wait a few seconds. This should be great for the European Indoor tournaments.

http://www.coolstreaming.it/broadcast/consolle/wmp.php?stream=mms://wmedialive.coltfrance.com/EurosportFrance

Spunky83
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:05 PM
any reaction of Anastasia after the final? What she said about Lena D action?

"Da, pass me the vodka Lena! Quick!"

frenchie
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Yessss! :bounce:

I've been mentionned in the "most devoted fan of each player" thread! :worship:
All the hard work starts to pay off :lol:

But I'm still very far from Spunky :tape:
;)

Spunky83
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Yessss! :bounce:

I've been mentionned in the "most devoted fan of each player" thread! :worship:
All the hard work starts to pay off :lol:

But I'm still very far from Spunky :tape:
;)

And I am winning :devil: :lol:

I am also mentioned several times in the "most liked posters"-thread in the non-tennis section. People listed my name, Iīve never had talked to, that was neat;)

frenchie
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
And I am winning :devil: :lol:

I am also mentioned several times in the "most liked posters"-thread in the non-tennis section. People listed my name, Iīve never had talked to, that was neat;)

You deserve to be a "most liked poster" because you are always very sweet and you can keep your temper!
I mean, when someboby strongly criticizes Nastya, I can't help answering bad things :tape: I also often say bad thigs about players I don't like :tape: (only Sharapova, Mauresmo and Henin) :devil:

Spunky83
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:48 PM
You deserve to be a "most liked poster" because you are always very sweet and you can keep your temper!
I mean, when someboby strongly criticizes Nastya, I can't help answering bad things :tape: I also often say bad thigs about players I don't like :tape: (only Sharapova, Mauresmo and Henin) :devil:

I just like to be nice and for me personally thereīs nothing worse than having to discuss with people who canīt use reasonable structured arguments who are only able to see white/black and no colour in between and that goes for every aspects of life. Itīs a waste of time and I just say to myself that I am too intelligent to talk to them. May sound arrogant but there are so many posters here (with !!! - DZ - !!! and DaForehand being my trashiest faves) and also people on this earth who are just unbelievable :o. As long as people do treat me correctly, I treat them the same way and fortunately most people tend to like me :angel:

"You can either agree with me, or be wrong." (Mirzaīs shirt :lol: )...could be a nice signature phrase.

frenchie
Sep 19th, 2005, 03:11 PM
!!!-DZ-!!! is a asshole!

JC Federer
Sep 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Well, Nastya really fell apart in both her games. If she hadnt of won that grand slam you would have to question her mentality. She cant seem to control her anger sometimes.

I saw that match... Her opponent choked even worse. Neither player was playing at their best. Both were really nervous, but Nastya handled it a bit better (okay, a lot better) than Elena. Though it wasn't a high quality match.

I saw her defeat to Shuai Peng this year, first tour match. That was painful to watch. She kept looking up at her coach and screaming as if it were his fault. :o

If it's any consolation though, Federer was once like that too. Full of rage, and unable to control his temper... But he worked on it, and stopped doing it. Now he's never affected by negative emotion on the court. Maybe Nastya can make that change too... I think it will be for the better.

Maybe... but not necessarily. Russia won 4-1, so if Nastya lost to Venus, it might have been 3-2. It would have gone down to the doubles match. Shamil might have played Lena in place of Vera. Or maybe Vera and Dinara would have choked knowing everything was on the line. One can only speculate now. But beating Venus was definately an important thing. It changed the complexion of Day 2, going in at 2-0 instead of 1-1.

goldenlox
Sep 19th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Nastya was into the doubles match
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_2414_gallery.JPG

JC Federer
Sep 19th, 2005, 06:27 PM

No one can blame her for losing to Mauresmo. Mauresmo has always had her number, and is the more solid player...

But Pierce on the other hand... Myskina owned a 4-1 H2H against her, and led by a set and a double break. This is definately one that got away. To lose from that position indicates not a lack of game or talent, but a mental lapse when it counted. Getting nervous is not unusual. Some lose 6-1 6-1 from nerves. But getting nervous only when you approach the finish line and slipping over, is what some call 'choking'. Chokers normally don't have problems closing out the first set, or gaining an early break in the second...

Everyone has matches like these in their career. The important thing is to gain experience from it, and learn to deal with it better next time. I hope she does.

Spunky83
Sep 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_2414_gallery.JPG

Nastya and her two most loved guys: Jens and Bobby :lol:

_LuCaS_
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:44 PM
No one can blame her for losing to Mauresmo. Mauresmo has always had her number, and is the more solid player...
She is the only one responsible for the loss to Mauresmo. Over and over again. The fact that Momo is more solid doesn't mean anything. Only in a race for the #1 maybe. It's about the inability to adjust to a certain game.

Chokers normally don't have problems closing out the first set, or gaining an early break in the second...
So according to your theory someone who losses 1st set let's say 5-7 after leading 5-1 is not a choker, normally.

ys
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:49 PM
It is a difficult time for Nastya.. Her ego must be hurting.. But she should think about it on a brighter side - Elena D. supereffort made sure that the focus of everyone is not on Nastya's fiasco in Paris now, so she just needs to suck it up and turn the things around. I hope she wins Kolcata..

I also hope very much that she has enough guts to pay a tribute to Lena D.'s effort in public. Unlike other leading Russians Lena D. had to go through a lot of disappointments last year, playing a secondary role in many Russian triumphs, and she really deserves this moment.. I hope Nastya will be first to celebrate her friend's achievement without feeling sour about it..

Almalyk
Sep 19th, 2005, 09:33 PM
It is a difficult time for Nastya.. Her ego must be hurting.. But she should think about it on a brighter side - Elena D. supereffort made sure that the focus of everyone is not on Nastya's fiasco in Paris now, so she just needs to suck it up and turn the things around. I hope she wins Kolcata..

I also hope very much that she has enough guts to pay a tribute to Lena D.'s effort in public. Unlike other leading Russians Lena D. had to go through a lot of disappointments last year, playing a secondary role in many Russian triumphs, and she really deserves this moment.. I hope Nastya will be first to celebrate her friend's achievement without feeling sour about it..

I agree with all of this! Well said! Kuznetsova was in the same boat as Nastya was last year... I'm sure Nastya will give Lena nice accolades :kiss:

martirogi
Sep 19th, 2005, 11:01 PM
i'm so angry and confused right now. a-m.com finally started opening normally on saturday, but now it's back to the big red signs. what the fuck. what the fuck.

:armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed:

what the fuck.

Spunky83
Sep 19th, 2005, 11:07 PM
i'm so angry and confused right now. a-m.com finally started opening normally on saturday, but now it's back to the big red signs. what the fuck. what the fuck.

:armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed:

what the fuck.

Okay, the latest news from a-m.com, just for you;)

Kolkota, India: Whatīs worse? A six hours jet-lag or a hang over? Personally Iīve never experienced both at the same time but maybe Nastya can give you the ultimate answer to it as she should be arriving in India very soon to participate at the Sunfeast Open 2005 held in Kolkota. This is the first that this Tier III tourney will be played on the WTA circuit, the surface will be greenset indoors. There are 32 women in the main draw and unfortunately for Nastya it doesnīt feature any Byes in the first round, meaning she will have to play her first match on Wednesday already.

Although thereīs a Tier II tourney with a bunch of superstars held in China the same week, one can definetly say that the international media was all about the Sunfeast Open lately thanks to shooting star Sania Mirza. The young Indian who is often criticized for her on court clothes (that means normal) which according to some of her countrymen and women doesnīt fit the "Islamic dresscode" even received threats that she will be "stopped from playing" in case she wonīt dress properly. Tourney officials announced that Mirza, Indian male doubles specialist Bhupati as well as Nastya (this isnīt about her xxs-shorts, is it?) will stay on a special floor in the 7-stars-hotel seperated from the other players "due to security reasons" while the other 30-50 players all stay in usual rooms.

Ok, letīs get down to business: Nastya is the only Top 15 player, followed by her best friend Elena Likhovtseva as the lone top 30 pro. You can be sure though that Mirza (ranked 34th) wants to show her best in front of her erratic homecrowd. Also in the draw is Karolina Sprem. Good thing though that all of those players are in the other half of the draw and one have to wonder about the chances this could have happened. However, Nastya will face Romanian Edina Gallovits in the first round, Gallovits is ranked 125th and they never played each other. The first time Nastya could face a played ranked inside the top 80 would be the semis (!). So basically the first real challenge would be the finals against one of the players mentioned above.

Play will start on Wednesday for Nastya, who will team up with Elena Likhovtseva in doubles, the first time in several months she plays with a fellow Russian again.

angiee3
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:10 AM
nastya!! go buy a lot of pizza now!!!!! well done girls realy not only lena cause dina was great too...nastya gave the point in semi so she can be happy anyway
I'm so happy....nastya was almost crying in lena and dinara's harms...gosh!!!! tis so great!!!! realy!!! sooooooooooooo happy

did she really. oh. i would have liked to see that...

angiee3
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:13 AM
The young Indian who is often criticized for her on court clothes (that means normal) which according to some of her countrymen and women doesnīt fit the "Islamic dresscode" even received threats that she will be "stopped from playing" in case she wonīt dress properly.

how do they want her to dress??? :confused:

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:19 AM
how do they want her to dress??? :confused:

You "remember" the clothes the tennis players had prior to Lacoste who invented himself a short sleeve?

That means long trousers and long sleeves;)

Here;)

http://www.garwood-voigt.com/catalogues/20820TennisWimbledonHopkins.JPG

angiee3
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:37 AM
yeah i remember...oh. ok....

cindy
Sep 20th, 2005, 08:40 AM
did she really. oh. i would have liked to see that...

yeah she did...and she said something to dina too...but I don't know what of course

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Wow...Nastya already playing doubles today?!? Not before 5 pm...Creepy

GMT+5:30 ...hehe...thatīs too complicated for me...so uhm 1:30 pm cest, so now;)...

_LuCaS_
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Does this tourney have livescore?

martirogi
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM
who is she doubling with?

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Does this tourney have livescore?

Yes http://www.sunfeastopen.com/ but you need to refresh

I always had problems calculating different time zones and with that half hour extra I am really confused. However, thereīs still a match to be played before the doubles on court 2, so might take a while. Why is it on court 2? lol

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:36 PM
who is she doubling with?

Lena L.

martirogi
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Lena L.

not that one. :banghead: nastya learn some tricks so you won't lose to her in big matches.

cindy
Sep 20th, 2005, 12:56 PM
not that one. :banghead: nastya learn some tricks so you won't lose to her in big matches.

lol...she is her friend and I think it's important for nastya to have a friend with her right now

denine
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:16 PM
is it me or is her doubles match super not on time?

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:19 PM
is it me or is her doubles match super not on time?

LOL...no idea, it should be played by now but thereīs still another match prior to that. But also the livescores donīt seem to work or it just takes them an hour to change umpires, ballkids and whatever :confused:

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I called Stockholm for livescores but I definetly wonīt call India :lol:

denine
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I called Stockholm for livescores but I definetly wonīt call India :lol:
:lol: why not? it'll be fun

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:36 PM
:lol: why not? it'll be fun

Not for a Tier III doubles score :lol:

"Hello...hello INDIA?!?!"

denine
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Not for a Tier III doubles score :lol:

"Hello...hello INDIA?!?!"
:tape: :lol:

by the time the match starts it'll be the next day already :(

cindy
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:46 PM
is it just me or there is somebody else who think like me....this mirza or I don't know what is not that much a good player!!!???? why is everyone talking about her???!!!!

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
is it just me or there is somebody else who think like me....this mirza or I don't know what is not that much a good player!!!???? why is everyone talking about her???!!!!

I just quote Cronin...itīs not really about her game, itīs the typical power-through-no-matter-what but sheīs just the only player whoīs not only a player but also has some political values to state. Guess thatīs also why Maggie Maleeva was famous for, her work against communism. She let everyone know.

Muslims criticize Mirza for short skirts, sleeveless tops
I like Sania Mirza quite a bit, even though she's a bit too arrogant for her Top 40-ranking. But the 19-year-old has to know that as a Muslim from Hindu-led India, she's going to be dealing with religious issues for the rest of her life, including her fashion choices. She's a national hero in short skirts, and the Islamic fundamentalists do not want her to exert any real influence on other young women who might get "heretical" ideas about dressing the way they want to.

To her credit, Sania has stuck up for the positive principles of her religion. But, the fact is, there are numerous negative ones, such as the existence of extremists who have declared a "fatwa" on her. That's when it's either time to stand up and say that your religious opponents are wrong and don't represent the thinking of many young Muslims, or you leave that religion. You cannot exists in the middle in these disputes, nor can you ignore them by saying "I'm an athlete and I don't want to discuss politics." Politics exist in every part of life, like it or not.

Here are some quotes about Sania's entry in next week's tournament in Calcutta from Express India. Be very appalled.

Maulana Siddiqullah Chowdhury, secretary of the West Bengal unit of the Jamat-e-Ulema Hind, said, "Islam never allows women to wear skirts, shorts and sleeveless tops. But this girl is violating all these norms. No doubt, she has brought a bad name to the religion, which never permits women to dress scantily. I think she should not be allowed to enter the city."

He pointed out that some Hyderabad maulvis have already issued a fatwa against her. "She has brought disgrace to Islam by wearing those dresses," Siddiqullah said.

The Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan Mosque, Alhaz Noorur Rahman Barkati, sounded less rigid. But, he too did not seem too happy.

"I think she needs counseling. The time has come for her to understand that whatever she is doing is against the Shariat. Instead of issuing a fatwa, she should be inculcated about the Islamic way of life," said the Shahi Imam.

Inculcated? You must mean brainwashed and have you freedom of choice taken away.

~|Naomi|~
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Good Luck to Nastya in India, kick ass girl:devil:

frenchie
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Nastya won 6/2-6/0 with Likhovtseva!

_LuCaS_
Sep 20th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Solid win. A bit unexpected, in a good sense of course ;)
Congrats girls

~|Naomi|~
Sep 20th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Off to a winning start, great work:)

cindy
Sep 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
nice job!

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 03:57 PM
The poor Bambis!

goldenlox
Sep 20th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I'll bet she called Elena L. and convinced her to take a WC here. So they can put jigsaw puzzles together in the hotel room.

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I'll bet she called Elena L. and convinced her to take a WC here. So they can put jigsaw puzzles together in the hotel room.

Or that weird "stupid" card game :lol:

Wow...it took me one and a half hours to write one page of my Bachelor thesis...welcome to the slow world of Spunkyīs brain :angel:

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Court 1 (from 13.00hrs)
1. Voskoboeva vs. Azarenka
2. Sprem vs. Dominikovic
3. S.Uberoi vs. Fujiwara (NB 16.30hrs)
4. Czink vs. Namigata or Mirza (NB 18.00hrs)
5. Myskina vs. Gallovits
6. Mirza/Ruano Pascual vs. Reddy/Vimal

Court 2 (from 14.00hrs)
1. Pratt vs. Bammer
2. Fedak vs. Likhovtseva
3. Kanepi vs. Ruano Pascual or Pous Tio

LOL...poor Lena..."Night match" for Nastya. Second after 6 pm start, 2:30 pm cest.

goldenlox
Sep 20th, 2005, 06:33 PM
http://media.canada.com/reuters/olcasport/2005-09-20T171111Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_SPORTS-TENNIS-MYSKINA-COL.jpghttp://www.dose.ca/images/bullet_gray.gifRussian tennis player Anastasia Myskina smiles during a news conference at the WTA Sunfeast Open 2005 in the eastern India city of Kolkata, previously known as Calcutta September 20, 2005. REUTERS/

http://www.dose.ca/images/bullet_red_lg.gif Myskina blames fatigue

By Krittivas Mukherjee
Reuters

http://www.dose.ca/images/gray_line_news_hdr.gif

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

KOLKATA, India (Reuters) - Russian Anastasia Myskina has attributed fatigue following a busy 2004 for her subdued year in which she has failed to win a single WTA title.

Myskina, 24, became the darling of her country last year when she claimed the maiden grand slam singles title by a Russian woman at the French Open.

Two more titles during the year, having registered four victories in 2003, lifted her to world no.2 in September last year before she slipped to be overshadowed by her compatriots led by world no.1 Maria Sharapova.

"We played so many tournaments, we won the Fed Cup in the Olympic year," she said on Tuesday. "I guess the break between the seasons wasn't enough for me."

"By the middle of this year, I was so tired. I wasn't concentrating on my tennis very much.

"But now I'm really back and after Wimbledon I'm playing much better tennis," Myskina, 24, top seed at this week's $170,000 WTA event in Kolkata, told reporters.

The player, who failed to impress in Russia's Fed Cup final victory over France in Paris on Sunday, added: "(This is) definitely not my best tennis. I still need to play harder. I'm trying."

The world no.12 who has her best chance to claim her first title of the year in Kolkata, (formerly Calcutta). However, she is expected to face stiff challenge from second seeded compatriot Elena Likhovtseva and rising Indian teenager Sania Mirza, the third seed.

Myskina, who triggered the "Russian revolution" in women's tennis, was happy with the intense competition among her compatriots.

"We have a really tough competition between us, like last year there was a tough competition for the Olympic team and there were six of us in the top-10.

"It was a tough decision for the captain to decide who is going to go. So I think that's why the desire was so very high... that helped us to move forward and improve our game."

In Wednesday's opening rounds, Myskina plays Edina Gallovits of Romania and Likhovtseva takes on Ukraine's Yulianna Fedak.

Likhovtseva said Russian woman players -- seven are ranked among the top 20 in the world -- were benefitting from their professional approach in recent years.

"You see the results and last year was good, we won two grand slams and Maria won the masters.

"Now everyone depends on their own game. They know, if they don't play well their life will end as professional tennis players."

goldenlox
Sep 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Myskina showers praise on Indian ace

Kolkata, Sept. 20: Top-seed Anastasia Myskina and her doubles partner Elena Likhovtseva hailed India’s teenage sensation Sania Mirza as the "glamour girl" of Indian tennis.

The Russian duo, who outsmarted the Bhambri sisters 6-2, 6-0 enroute to the second round, described the world no 34 as a very talented player. "Sania is not only a good player, but she is also a good girl," said Myskina.

Teammate Likhovtseva said that Sania is a good prospect for India and she should be looked upon by others, who want to emulate her.

Myskina, who is visting India for the first time, rates this as a different visit. She reasoned: "It is really different. I had never been here before and am impressed by the heard Indian culture."

On the personal front, she described 2004 as her toughest year since she failed to put on a good show. The world number 12 is now expecting to regain her best this year.

On the Sania dress-code issue that gained momentum recently, Myskina said that a player’s dress has nothing to do with her performance on the court. "In fact, I think it is really good when a girl looks good. I guess everyone follows them and come to watch them play."

Likhovtseva, on the other hand, claimed that the Russians are the best of the present lot in world tennis and asserted she has chalked out the plans for this season.

She admitted to learn a lot during her outings pairing with Mahesh Bhupati. "Mahesh is a great player. I love to pair up with him and learned a lot during the matches."

Daniel
Sep 20th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Good luck Nastya vs Gollovits :D :kiss: :worship:

angiee3
Sep 20th, 2005, 11:29 PM
good luck....

martirogi
Sep 21st, 2005, 12:44 AM
daniel what a tame avatar. the next one will have to be the craziest ever. :wavey:

Spunky83
Sep 21st, 2005, 12:50 AM
daniel what a tame avatar. the next one will have to be the craziest ever. :wavey:

I already miss Ian Somerhalder!!!

cerbero
Sep 21st, 2005, 10:40 AM
Sorry to bring this painful memory again but it's for a good cause. Watched the Myskina-Pierce match and the broadcast was awesome, the cameraman was in love with Nastya, never seen her so beautiful, top stuff. If you can grab it with both hands.

cindy
Sep 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
well I think the cameraman was in love with nastya during the double too...

cerbero
Sep 21st, 2005, 01:33 PM
well I think the cameraman was in love with nastya during the double too...
Probably it was the same guy... :lol:

denine
Sep 21st, 2005, 02:31 PM
well. good luck against gallovits!:yeah:

frenchie
Sep 21st, 2005, 04:13 PM
Nastya just begun her match!
I'm following a scoreboard and I hope there won't be a choke!

martirogi
Sep 21st, 2005, 04:22 PM
isnt it really late in india now? :shrug:

im ready for a whacky, rollercoasterful, barely get through, three set win
57, 62, 64

_LuCaS_
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:23 PM
Last news we got Nastya was leading 6-1 1-0 :D

goldenlox
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:26 PM
With Mirza out, Nastya is the only name there.

http://wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39031 (http://wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39031)

Eleven tennis players participated in a fashion show yesterday to unveil a new collection by the Wills Lifestyle.

They may have won many a battle on the tennis court but as they paraded down the ramp, they won the heart of all the Kolkatans.

On the court, fans have been cheering for Sania Mirza. However, some cheers were in store for the best in women's tennis when they made a glamorous off-court appearance.

The new collection of Wills Lifestyle will soon be in its stores. The colours, cuts and the outfits are designed for a sporty look.

And what better occasion to unveil it that the stars walking down the ramp. The likes of World No 12 Anastasia Myskina, World no 16 Elena Likhovtseva and nine others displayed them in an hour-long fashion show.

World No 161 Sunitha Rao was the only Indian face on the ramp.

"This was my first time on the ramp but I want to stick to tennis right now," she said.

Sunitha may still want to focus on her game but for many glamour and tennis go hand in hand.

Matching pace

Players say that fashion events are now a regular feature on the tennis circuit, hence matching pace with seasoned models did not seem difficult for them.

"It was fantastic walking with them. They have potential to be good models," said model Inder Sudan.

"I did not want to interfere much. Just told them to go there and have fun," said Marc Robinson
Choreographer.

"I think it was nice. Eleven players walked down the ramp. It was quite a feat," said Shwetha Bhupathi, Organizer.

_LuCaS_
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:29 PM
Nastya won 6-1 6-0 (www.livescore.com)
That's more like it ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:31 PM
Nastya :woohoo: ;) :D :)
thats more like it :bounce: :yippee: ;)

Spunky83
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:33 PM
Expected

Positive thinking people!!!

cerbero
Sep 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
I wanted a double bagel:bigcry: I'm disappointed... :lol:

cindy
Sep 21st, 2005, 06:11 PM
great job nastyenka!!!! keep on playing like this!!!