PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM
Awww :baby: :hug:
School is cool, you'll like it

:lol: ...I wanna go back to school too :D

Guga definetly has the worst grunt ever (yes, I know people love him)

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:45 PM
Oh I do like school. I'm a sophomore in college.

I would like Guga to win as well. No matter what happens I will miss some of the Nastya match. Class is at 3:30. I have a long walk so I will probably leave at 3:05. Won't get back until 4:40 most likely. So chances are I miss most of Nastya. I just better not get back and see she has lost. That will ruin my day. Same goes for Tati. If she loses I will also be devastated though I hardly expect much from her these days.

cerbero
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:48 PM
:Guga definetly has the worst grunt ever (yes, I know people love him)
Never noticed his grunt :lol:

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Robredo is cruising :banana:

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:51 PM
Never noticed his grunt :lol:

You have your tv on mute? :lol:

Tommy, serve out and hopefully Thomas J. wins a set then I will have good chances to watch the match :eek:

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:53 PM
So Robredo just finished. If Nastya can work quickly I may be able to follow most of the match. Highly unlikely that it will be over before I leave though. Same goes for Tati's match. Oh well. Guess that means I'll get to follow most of Lena D.'s match.

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:56 PM
Uhhh...still showing last three games of Lindz´ match...chances are increasing :lol:

Just hope Eurosport won´t show Agassi´s match. They started with women, then men, time for women live again;)

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM
Uhhh...still showing last three games of Lindz´ match...chances are increasing :lol:

Just hope Eurosport won´t show Agassi´s match. They started with women, then men, time for women live again;)

What you mean you'd rather watch Nastya then Karlovic/Agassi? :rolleyes:

Well I don't have the same predicament because it is a guarantee I get to watch Agassi and Karlovic.

cerbero
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:59 PM

Touch wood...

martirogi
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM
i have to go to class at 3 too. nastya can get the 40 minute win, she's the nastinator.

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM
What you mean you'd rather watch Nastya then Karlovic/Agassi? :rolleyes:

Well I don't have the same predicament because it is a guarantee I get to watch Agassi and Karlovic.

OMG...he plays Karlovic??? No way this is gonna be a good match!

cerbero
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:03 PM
They're broadcasting Grosjean match here...

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:03 PM
FUCK...they actually are going to show Agassi

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:04 PM
i have to go to class at 3 too. nastya can get the 40 minute win, she's the nastinator.

I see you have the same situation as me. And both of are faves are just now getting ready to start playing. Sucks for us.

cerbero
Nothing new...

martirogi
usa was skipping around the courts earlier, hopefully they keep that up and dont stick with agassi the whole time. bald people freak me out so i can't even look at agassi.

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:05 PM
FUCK...they actually are going to show Agassi

lol. Join the club. At least you didn't have to watch Ginepri slaughter Muller.

martirogi
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:06 PM
I see you have the same situation as me. And both of are faves are just now getting ready to start playing. Sucks for us.

i know. its crazy we have 3 of the same faves and class at the same time. just got back from my 1:00 class, i hoped she had started while i was gone so i could see the end.

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:07 PM
lol. Join the club. At least you didn't have to watch Ginepri slaughter Muller.

Grosjean here now too, Agassi isn´t on the court yet.

Muller was playing so well in his match versus Andy...what´s up with Ginepri anyway? He used to suck!

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM
BTW, Likhovtseva is waiting for Nastya in the 3rd round!

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Nastya took 1st set 6-3 :yeah:

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:42 PM
Nastyas doing ok right now ,watching her ,shes being helped by Frazier having apparently forgotten how to play tennis ,but shes staying cool and should have this in the bag ,Amys hit a few good return winners ,but precious little else , keep going nastya

martirogi
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:46 PM
sigh someone gets to see the match. you're so lucky. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:52 PM
i have also found a great thing about crt 11!! NO COMMENTATORS!! its amazing how great it is to watch live tennis minus all the drivel!

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:52 PM
ooo HUUUUGE scream from nastya then hehe

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:54 PM
i have also found a great thing about crt 11!! NO COMMENTATORS!! its amazing how great it is to watch live tennis minus all the drivel!

Which channel is it?
Tell us more about her game please ;)

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:56 PM
its on skysports interactive..

Nastyas playing pretty solidly ,she is being helped a little my fraziers in ability to keep the ball in much and making stupid errors ,Nastyas looking quite composed and her first serve is ok ,but the second is woefully slow ,hmm that sounds familiar doesn it :lol:

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:57 PM
damn msykina miss an easy second serve return on a 1mph frazier second serve ...

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:58 PM
A few silly errors from nastya now ,she must calm down....

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:58 PM
and it seems Amy is trying to out do Elena in the DF stakes about 7 or 8 i think now

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:59 PM
Myskina remained cool then and waited for the frazier error adv mysk

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:59 PM
YET another error from frazier ,god its time for her to retire it seems ,that was a TERRIBLE error ,Nastyas well in control

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
6/3-5/2
It sounds good now!!

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:05 PM
Nastya wins with a couple of good returns..well done....jobs a good un!

Dementinator
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:06 PM
Oh Hell!! Now its ELenas turn!! I doubt its gonna be that easy ,my guess is her oppo will play the best tennis of her life!! its nerves time!!

well done nastya ,a good game ,she def much better now ,but Amy was abysmal really ,she used to be so much better ,what happened?

KV
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM
Excellent score. :D

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM
Now she plays a familar face, Elena L.

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:09 PM
Oh Hell!! Now its ELenas turn!! I doubt its gonna be that easy ,my guess is her oppo will play the best tennis of her life!! its nerves time!!

well done nastya ,a good game ,she def much better now ,but Amy was abysmal really ,she used to be so much better ,what happened?

Amy is getting old, simply :confused:

Yay Nastya :bounce: :bounce:
Good win

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM
Nastya :hug:

well done, another comfortable win.

looking more and more like her old-self.
keep going in r3 now :)

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM
Solid win AGAIN Nastya :eek: ;)
Congrats :banana:

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:15 PM
Smoooooth;)

miffedmax
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:17 PM
Two straight Nasty wins, and I haven't had to double up on BP meds.

What have they done with the real Nasty? This is obviously an imposter!

cindy
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:35 PM
Two straight Nasty wins, and I haven't had to double up on BP meds.

What have they done with the real Nasty? This is obviously an imposter!

:lol: you're so funny :lol:
btw 3 aces I think she have done some in her first match...good job nastya
if she keeps on playing like that she will realy have her chance against momo
:bounce: GO NASTYA :bounce:

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:56 PM
:lol: you're so funny :lol:
btw 3 aces I think she have done some in her first match...good job nastya
if she keeps on playing like that she will realy have her chance against momo
:bounce: GO NASTYA :bounce:

You french backstabber! ;) :lol:

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:33 PM
You french backstabber! ;) :lol:

I also always cheer against Momo :lol:
My friends who know that I like tennis always tell me "Have you seen Mauresmo here, Have you seen Mauresmo there?" and I'm like "yeah, great :rolleyes: "

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:43 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/866/statsmyskinafrazier9ww.jpg

Task
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:43 PM
Anastasia :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Two easy wins in a row. Keep em' coming.:) :) :) :)

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:52 PM
Excellent Anastasia - already further ahead than last year... Not that that would have been hard to achieve... Another solid match vs Elena L will be good for your confidence against Momo....

Stay strong, and enjoy your doubles today!

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:55 PM
Excellent work Anastasia! I knew you would make it an easy victory again. I hope you can take care of Elena Likhovtseva. Even though I like Elena a lot I hope she gets steamrolled.

martirogi
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:05 PM
hmm. she lost too many games i wanted 61, 60. do you see the average 2nd serve speed 72 :scared:

i guess it's a decent job

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:22 PM
Nastya looks the part in doubles today... They take first set 6-3

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:35 PM
I also always cheer against Momo :lol:
My friends who know that I like tennis always tell me "Have you seen Mauresmo here, Have you seen Mauresmo there?" and I'm like "yeah, great :rolleyes: "

Well she is a great player...I just don´t know if she´s a greater player than choker :tape:

jmcfarla
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:48 PM
Nastya was pretty good again today.
She had spells where her concentration went a little, but when she was playing well and hitting shots she looked really impressive.

Hopefully she can keep it up. :)

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:50 PM
Nastya broken serving for the match - now its 6-3 5-5 - i don't want Nastya's best performance in doubles at US Open to remain as 1st round!!

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:51 PM
Well she is a great player...I just don´t know if she´s a greater player than choker :tape:

You just can't imagine how many expectations there is around her in France (too much pressure on her) especially during RG. She's just everywhere in the medias. They treat her like she's the 8th wonder of the world :tape:

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:55 PM
You just can't imagine how many expectations there is around her in France (too much pressure on her) especially during RG. She's just everywhere in the medias. They treat her like she's the 8th wonder of the world :tape:

Like everyone in Germany expects Anna Lena Groenefeld to win the US Open??? CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY! That was a joke. Nah, yeah Momo´s a pityful person. However, Schruff and Groenefeld are still in and I want both to win!!! You´ll know why when you take a look at the draw ;)

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:01 PM
Like everyone in Germany expects Anna Lena Groenefeld to win the US Open??? CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY! That was a joke. Nah, yeah Momo´s a pityful person. However, Schruff and Groenefeld are still in and I want both to win!!! You´ll know why when you take a look at the draw ;)

:eek: Oh yeah come on Germans!!!
Imagine Schruff def Sharapova :lol:. But don't forget Julia leads Nastya in h2h :tape:

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:02 PM
As for New Zealand players, surprisingly there are none in any part of the draw :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

But Marina Erakovic already has so much pressure on her, she's only 16 and she got to the last round of qualifying only to fall to Ruano Pascual... She's going to be a force in years to come, and NZ is so excited because they finally have a good player :hearts:

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:05 PM
As for New Zealand players, surprisingly there are none in any part of the draw :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

But Marina Erakovic already has so much pressure on her, she's only 16 and she got to the last round of qualifying only to fall to Ruano Pascual... She's going to be a force in years to come, and NZ is so excited because they finally have a good player :hearts:

You are from NZ :eek:
It's one of my dream to visit your country :hearts: . I've heard it's a very cool place to live :angel:

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:08 PM
It's so cool! You can stay at my house! Voted most beautiful and safe country in the world last year!

We have a good tournament in January - first of the year... Kournikova came in 2002, our director is scouting women players at US Open - please come Nastya!

:o They lose the second set!!!!!! After saving 3 set points and holding two match points :fiery:

You are from NZ :eek:
It's one of my dream to visit your country :hearts: . I've heard it's a very cool place to live :angel:

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:12 PM
by the way NASTYAFAN will consider a return if Anastasia beats MOMO in ROUND OF 16!! :bounce: :wavey:

frenchie
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:15 PM
by the way NASTYAFAN will consider a return if Anastasia beats MOMO in ROUND OF 16!! :bounce: :wavey:

Why did he/her stop posting?

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:29 PM
:eek: Oh yeah come on Germans!!!
Imagine Schruff def Sharapova :lol:. But don't forget Julia leads Nastya in h2h :tape:

No, she doesn´t!!!!

(Come on, the clay season never happened) :angel:

And if so...Julia is in the upper half, I need ALG to win!

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:41 PM

He wears his heart on his sleave... Was irritated by other people coming into Anastasia's thread to see his emotional posts!! We will get him back one day - i am sure of this!! :kiss:

Almalyk
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:43 PM
Nastya and Miyagi lose after holding 2 MP in set 2! At least she will have energy for singles now i suppose!!!!!

selyoink
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:15 AM
Tough loss in the doubles.

Come to think of it for once I'm actually glad Myskina wasn't on TV. I just can't stand Frazier. The way she stands and wobbles back and forth as she waits for the serve to come just freaks me out.

I really hope ALG can take down Mauresmo. A Nastya/ALG match would be :hearts:

martirogi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:18 AM
im glad she lost doubles. she needs to focus on singles since she'll be having some big wins this tourney.

selyoink
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:51 AM
im glad she lost doubles. she needs to focus on singles since she'll be having some big wins this tourney.

Agreed.

ys
Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:39 AM
I am quite impressed with Nastya. She looks good, her game is definitely going north, step by step. I think she might play a snake in the grass in this tournament. No one expects her to win it.. But honestly? I do not see a player in her half of the draw that she can not beat.

I also saw her doubles match. This Nana is really something. She has some good shots. But she also makes horrible mistakes.. Doublefaults that makes Elena D.'s serve of last year look like a decent serve in fact. A lot of easy errors.. Nastya played very well. She literally dragged the team on the verge of winning. But she cracked under pressure and failed to make a return on the match point, and Nana made an error of the second match point. But power-wise - Nastya, who is not really a power player - looked as a player from ATP if compared to other three players on court. I was quite impressed. If only I knew her reasoning behind teaming up with Nana.

cerbero
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
ES is repeating Agassi-Karlovic full, unbelievable...

goldenlox
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Anastasia is doing well now. Tough draw
http://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/customavatars/avatar27959_69.gif (http://wtaworld.com/member.php?u=27959) :drink: :drink: :D

the cat
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
ys, saying Nastya looks good is an understatement! :D :hearts: :drool: That little Nike outfit she's wearing at the U.S. Open looks very good on her. :cool: :kiss:

And she's playing well too. :tennis: :)

selyoink
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:15 PM
I just noticed that Nastya is tied for 9th in aces with Schiavone. Ahead of both Williams sisters, Clijsters, Petrova, Sharapova, and a lot of other girls with more powerful serves.

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:18 PM
Goldenlox and Nastya´s Tropicana = a match made in heaven;)

Saw Momo´s trashing Sesil yesterday. I think Nastya has to do her best to keep her on the constant run as well as playing passing shots and coming up the net (she hates it but it´s necessary).

Anyway, Lena L. vs. Nastya? What do you think? Isn´t tomorrow super saturday? So court 10 or 11? :lol:

martirogi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
hopefully she wont be second on after a men's match :armed:

goldenlox
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
Happy Myskina ready to compete with healthy mom at side
Could face long-time friend Dementieva

Anastasia Myskina hopes to get back to another Slam final.

FROM THE US OPEN – Former Roland Garros champion Anastasia Myskina was as happy as she has been all year on Wednesday and not because she blew out Amy Frazier.

Myskina was beaming because her mother, Galina, was given clearance to travel with her for the first time after undergoing treatment for the cancer she developed at the beginning of the year.

Myskina says that her mother is feeling great and that her doctors told her that the treatment worked.
"My mom here is with me," she said. "She's healthy. I'm really happy with that. It was so much better that she could come. When your family is healthy and happy, you are happy, too."

It was an entirely different Myskina than the one who was enveloped in emotional turmoil during the first seven months of the year, who had completely lost her confidence and, understandably, was struggling to find reasons to play.

She nearly skipped Roland Garros, gave a tearful press conference briefly explaining that her mother was sick and asking for privacy, and, then, became the first defending champion in the history of the Open era to loser her first round-match when she played miserably in a 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 loss to Spain's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo.

The Russian was unable to focus and utterly lacked confidence in her shot selection. She lacked faith in the types of strategies she was employing, she frequently hit the ball from bad positions, resulting in inconsistent play.

The brilliant strategist who made a big push at the top in 2004 was nowhere to be found, lost in a cycle of misery.

"Right now it's really difficult to understand what I have to do on court," Myskina said at the time. "When the ball comes to me, I don' know what I have to do, where I have to put the ball. I have no confidence at all."

GALINA IS ANASTASIA'S ADVISOR
But Galina came through again, just like she did many times before when she told her daughter to leave their Moscow apartment and go and fight hard for her at Wimbledon. Anastasia did and, although she never played her best, she fought like a big sister defending her third-grade sibling against a schoolyard bully, winning two marathon matches against Jelena Jankovic and Elena Dementieva. Then Myskina led her nation to a huge Fed Cup victory over the US, reached the final of Stockholm, and the semis of Toronto.

At the US Open, she's cracking her serve and forehand harder than she has all year.

"Everything is much better because I'm more positive on the court and I'm really trying to do my best," she said. "It keeps getting better and better."

Last year, when Myskina entered this tournament, she was one of the favorites, but was tuckered out after choking the Olympic semifinals to Justine Henin-Hardenne. Now, she has new life; when Myskina is a good mental space, she's a threat to anyone on tour, including the two other big names players in her quarter, Amelie Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne.

Myskina is feeling spry and is looking to put herself right back into the elite mix.

"I don't want more pressure of being a favorite, but I still want to do really well," she said. "I'm looking forward to the whole tournament. I'm really enjoying the tennis again now."

Elena Dementieva has played injured all summer.

Could face long-time friend Dementieva
Her childhood friend, Elena Dementieva, has also been through some recent struggles, but none of the gravity that Myskina went through. Still, the fleet blonde wasn't pleased with her performance during the first seven months of the year, which is why she parted ways with her coach, former top Russian player Olga Morozova, after Wimbledon.

The outspoken Morozova was the most high profile coach amongst those who tutor the Russians and it was a big move for Dementieva.

But after losing three tight three-setters in the year's first three Grand Slams, she wasn't convinced that their relationship was progressing.

"I needed a change," said Dementieva. "There were mental and technical things that she could no longer help me with. We had a very good time together and she really helped with certain parts of my game, but it was finished."

Dementieva is back to being coached by her mother, Vera, but the change hasn't helped much. She's played okay this summer, but has done nothing outstanding, reaching only one semifinal on hardcourts in Los Angeles.

"I think I have been playing better, but it's all about my confidence, said Dementieva, who took down Mauresmo and Jennifer Capriati en route to the US Open final last year. "I've been having a lot of slow starts and if I can concentrate well in the important moments, I'll do fine."

Even though she's tall and somewhat willowy, Dementieva is about as macho as a player as the WTA Tour gets. Unlike eight other players in the Top 10, she played hurt all summer long, not pulling out of any tournaments.

"I don't think it's a big deal and I don't want to make a big deal about it," she said. "You see players in other sports play injured all the time. It's up to the player as to whether they want to play. For me, I want to be competing, no matter how good or bad I feel. You have to know to how to win when you are not feeling well."

As most of the world knows, Dementieva has one of the world's quickest ground attacks and plays standout defense. But her loss to Svetlana Kuznetsova in last year's US final stung because, unlike her first Grand Slam loss to Myskina at the French Open, she was the elder stateswoman in the match and couldn't find a way to school the teenager.

The sixth-seeded Dementieva played tough in taking apart Mariana Diaz Oliva in the second round on Wednesday, but she'll have a much tougher task against Anna Chakvetadze, another Russian teen who doesn't fear her elders. But, it's not like there's anyone in her quarter who she can't take down … should she keep a positive attitude a la Myskina.

Who knows, next Friday, the two just might face off in the semifinals.

While Dementieva is almost no one's pick to win this tournament, she believes that she can get back to the final and, if she does, maybe this time she won't be miserably swerving her serves in and choking in key moments.

"I think [I can reach the final again], but the field is so strong now with the Belgians playing here and the Williamses are stronger," she said. "But I will try hard."

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
hopefully she wont be second on after a men's match :armed:

She hates early matches so maybe it is a good idea not to play first.

:Rawwb:
Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
Thgat was a great article, it is so great to here her mum is getting better from cancer and she has survived it, after losing someone myself a couple of months ago i know how relieved she mustfeel to have her on the road to recovery again.

I still havce only seen her play two games so far and that was agaisnt Tanasugarn, but you are all saying positive comments so it must be good :D

Almalyk
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:31 PM
Elena L has played 2 doubles matches alreadt today - lets hope she is a bit tired before her encounter with Nastya tommorrow! I do think Nastya should win in any case, but it will be a tougher match.

The story about Nastya's mom is awesome - i'm so happy for her, and i'm sure her tennis will pick up again now!

selyoink
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:58 PM
On the US Open website under the expert picks somebody picked Nastya to lose to Elena L. HE thinks Elena will punish her weak serve.

I expect a pretty tough match but Nastya should still win it in straight sets. Doesn't matter to me when she plays as I'll be on my computer all day. I'm ready for a good day of matches tomorrow. I still have a ton of favs. to cheer for.

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:12 AM
On the US Open website under the expert picks somebody picked Nastya to lose to Elena L. HE thinks Elena will punish her weak serve.

I expect a pretty tough match but Nastya should still win it in straight sets. Doesn't matter to me when she plays as I'll be on my computer all day. I'm ready for a good day of matches tomorrow. I still have a ton of favs. to cheer for.

This one here by Jason Brown? I don´t wanna say but there´s HUGE mistake in this preview (and I am not talking about his prediction)

No. 13 Anastasia Myskina (RUS) vs. No. 19 Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)

Call us crazy, but this third rounder just smells like an upset.

Elena Likhovtseva, often overlooked during discussions of the bevy of talented Russians on the women's tour, is as solid as they come, and also excels in doubles play, making her an above-average volleyer as well.

Yet Myskina is a career 4-2 against her Fed Cup teammate. Incredibly, the two met five times in 2004, three of which were played on hard court. Myskina has also won three of four hard court matches against Likhovtseva, so common logic would favor the 19th ranked player.

But instead, we'll go with our gut instinct. Myskina's weak serve will get punished early and often, and Likhovtseva will advance to the round of 16 where she'll play the winner of the No. 24 Shinobu Asagoe-No. 11 Patty Schnyder match.

:lol: ...now those possible opponents would be nice!

Thanks Martirogi for letting me find the second huge mistake...wow!!!

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:36 AM
BTW: Court 11 second after a mens match...now what a surprise!!!

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:44 AM
thats the most mistake filled thing ive ever seen. what an idiot.

i think she wins in two tough sets 75, 64 or something like that.

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:26 AM
BTW: Court 11 second after a mens match...now what a surprise!!!

That's good for me :bounce:
My belgian channel will certainly show her match as there is Malisse just after ;)

ys
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:17 AM
Go Nastya tomorrow.. As much as I adore Lena L., she won't beat Mauresmo, leave along the Cheatah.. We need Nastya there..

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:52 AM
Go Nastya tomorrow.. As much as I adore Lena L., she won't beat Mauresmo, leave along the Cheatah.. We need Nastya there..

I couldn't agree more.

denine
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:17 AM
blegh. no tennis for me...my channel decided to show england-wales soccer world cup qualifier.:rolleyes: oh shit.:fiery:

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:11 PM
What would it take for ALG to upset Momo? Hmmm...I am really looking forward to that match. Would be a blast for Germany if ALG plays well.

Come on Nastya....cruise again please;)

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
it will be a perfect day if nastrya cruise again and momo loose...

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:38 PM
it will be a perfect day if nastrya cruise again and momo loose...

Absolutely!!! 2 matches away from the ultimate match (in Toronto is was just one match). :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 04:07 PM
Well I just woke up and I'm extremely scared and nervous now. First real test.

I think ALG has a chance Spunky. If she is hitting her shots she may be able to take Mauresmo down. It is a longshot but she can do it.

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
:hysteric: just found out cbs has the coverage for monday. they're never gonna show momo, they wont even skip around the courts. this is horrible. im so angry.

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 04:37 PM
:hysteric: just found out cbs has the coverage for monday. they're never gonna show momo, they wont even skip around the courts. this is horrible. im so angry.

We never had much of a chance did we?

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
You know, coverage for sure if ALG comes through but I guess the chances for Momo vs. Nastya are good as well.

However, are the 4th round matches played on monday or tomorrow already? I always mix the slams up...

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
4th rd on monday for nastya and qf for her would be wednesday. at us open they don't make both sides play on the same day until friday.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
why? why? why? why does she always have to play after men...? men's matches are always long and I don't know why but I feel it is longer when nastya play just after
it could at least be a match with one of my fav' player...(I know andrei is out so it will be hard to find)

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:21 PM
this men's match is taking FOREVER. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
well first set for massu I don't like him (don't like wawrinka too so...) but I don't care now he must win in 3 sets!!!

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
i had some doughnuts left yesterday and i decided to save them to eat during myskina's match. im sooooooooooo hungry right now. :mad:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love doughnuts ;)

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:31 PM
well obviously if i eat them during her match it will be very lucky and she'll win easily.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
of course! everyone knows that doughnut is a sort of talisman!!!

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
massu has been playing the same game since my :banghead: post. thats 12 effing minutes. :banghead:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing...henin is in a little trouble...if spunky was there...

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
well henin is not in trouble anymore now...

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:45 PM
but gasquet is :sad:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:47 PM
yeah that's right I was watching lena's match so I even noticed that gasquet was playing

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
at least massu is up a break in the second, but it seems to take sooooooooo long to play a game.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
yeah sooooooooo long it gave me time to watch the other result...venus will face serena tomorrow...I didn't know it!!! this is a great thing!!! go massu hurry up! (I will never say it again)

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
i think massu forgot that he is allowed to break twice in one set. hopefully if he takes the second wanky man will be disheartened and blow the third.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
it looks like massu is listening to us...I'm gonna eat something and I hope that when I come back nastya can play...

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
good to know that even if nastya was in a third set tiebreak cbs wont show it.

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing...henin is in a little trouble...if spunky was there...

Where? You know as an typically arrogant Justine fan, I didn´t even doubt once it would take three sets :angel:

Man, I just hope that Nastya doesn´t want to do the same as Elena D. today! OMG :tape:

Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:26 PM
My god, Dementieva serve today was :help: normally i am sympathetic towards her as i cannot serve but today there was no other word than dismal in that third set......

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
Where? You know as an typically arrogant Justine fan, I didn´t even doubt once it would take three sets :angel:

Man, I just hope that Nastya doesn´t want to do the same as Elena D. today! OMG :tape:

If Nastya does what Lena did today I may die. I was so nervous I was shaking in that third set with Lena.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
hey! spunky!!! really I thought that henin will make it in three sets but it must be because I'm not a fan of her
I hope the same thing for nastya...win in two set little survivor! please!

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
If Nastya does what Lena did today I may die.

:lol: nastya will win in straight sets. tati and jankovic will be in third set tiebreaks.

Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
I think if Lena and Anastasia meet, and Elena plays like she did today Anastasia would win, and any other top tenner would win too, I like Lena D but i thought todays performance was quite weak

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:41 PM
poor lena the more important is that she finally won...I think nastya's match will soon begin

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:48 PM
:lol: nastya will win in straight sets. tati and jankovic will be in third set tiebreaks.

I hope you are right about Nastya. I don't think I could stand a third set win out of Tati though. Jelena I could since I'm expecting her to get beat badly. I just hope she can make it close.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
good start! keep on playing like that nastya

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:17 PM
Nastya bagelled Elena!

She is playing amazing so far.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
poor elena...when I think that they are friends but the match is not over

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
well 1 game for elena...I think it's enough

Knizzle
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:24 PM
WOW!!! Skina playing great, it's nice to see.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:40 PM
likhotseva is coming back...I guess it was too much beautiful...c'mon nastya! fight!

Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Well that 6-0 from Anastasia was brilliant, she played brilliant

On other news, I am once again having fun winding up the Serena fans :haha: :tape: 3 more bad reps :woohoo:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
but what is she doing????!!!!!!!!!!!????????

KV
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Nastya vs. Lena both have a tendency to play 3 setters.

jmcfarla
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
Poor, very poor.

Nastya should have won but played the big points very badly. :(

Derek.
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
She couldn't find a way like Elena did.. 6-0 3-6 6-7(6). :(

P.L.B.
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
:bigcry: So close...

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
I justy cannot believe it....my little survivor didn't survive!!! so much sad...

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:56 PM
God dammit Nastya! Wasted so many match points. This is the most disappointing loss ever since I've been following her.

Why? :bigcry:

BUBI
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:56 PM
I can't believe this :bigcry:

Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:59 PM
:bigcry:

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
i lost my appetite as i was eating dinner :sobbing:

Nastya :bigcry: :sad: :( :(

really heart-breaking loss :( :crying2: :(

KV
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:03 PM
Disappointing the way Nastya lost, though Lena deserves credit.

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
this sucks.

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
this sucks.

It really does. I'm crushed. All the high hopes gone.

Knizzle
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:12 PM
I feel for you guys, I thought she was rolling along also.

Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:12 PM
It really does. I'm crushed. All the high hopes gone.

I feel the same way too, but the annoying thing is I know she should have beaten silly likhovtseva because she showed her class in the first set then it just all dissapeared :bigcry:

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:30 PM
Actually weird feeling here!

I am really, really sad...it´s weird cause I haven´t felt that way even during the last couple of months. This is another kind of sadness, it´s narcotizing. I am in fear actually...oh shoot. I think my life would be less stressful without tennis :scared: :hysteric:

Really, really sad...and it´s not like I haven´t been around after her other epic losses in the last years. Am I the only one here? I need a shrink, I am addicted to tennis :o

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:47 PM
you are not I've almost cried...my mum said me that I'm crazy to scream and cry like that...I don't know why but I really believed in her chance I really wanted her to win and after this 6/0...i mean it was like she couldn't lose and then...so sad

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Actually the 6/0 scared me in the first set!
Afterall it's Nastya!

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
I almost want sharapova to win just because I'm enerved!!! this is all that nastya deserves....the true thing is that I am so so so sad and desapointed...yeah desapointed tis the word

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
oh frenchie you changed your avatar...I loved the other one...did you see the fisrt set?

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
oh frenchie you changed your avatar...I loved the other one...did you see the fisrt set?

Ouais j'ai changé! Anna n'est plus vraiment d'actualité malheureusement pour le tennis et pour moi!

Nan j'ai vu que la fin du 3eme à 5/5 grace à une chaine belge :worship:

Sinon tu es d'ou en France?
Tu est classé au tennis?
C'est juste histoire de faire un peu connaissance entre fans de Nastya ;)

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:12 PM
lol les autres vont gueller quand ils vont voir que se tape une petite discute en français...je suis de paris (enfin je suis a 30 min de paris) c pour ça que je ne pense pas avoir trop de mal a aller voir la fedcup...enfin si nastya joue...comme ça je pourais la claquer pour cette affreuse defaite!
et toi t d'ou?
ah! anna! trop dommage qu'elle ai arreté je sais que ça ne lui ferai pas plaisir mais bon...elle etait si belle (remarque qu'elle l'est tjs mais maintenant on ne peux plus la voir)

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:14 PM
you are not I've almost cried...my mum said me that I'm crazy to scream and cry like that...I don't know why but I really believed in her chance I really wanted her to win and after this 6/0...i mean it was like she couldn't lose and then...so sad

Ok, out of the shower and nursing a terrible cut on my knee from the razor( :rolleyes: ), I have finally managed to close my mouth. Time to let it sink in ;)

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:15 PM
g oublié non je ne suis pas classé j'ai un probleme de ligament qui m'empeche passablement de courir ce qui est un assez grand handicap pour jouer et toi tu es classée? je suppose que oui sinon tu ne poserais pas la question

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:17 PM
Ok, out of the shower and nursing a terrible cut on my knee from the razor( :rolleyes: ), I have finally managed to close my mouth. Time to let it sink in ;)

he he this happened to me too one time...I bled during more than one hour!

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:19 PM
lol les autres vont gueller quand ils vont voir que se tape une petite discute en français...je suis de paris (enfin je suis a 30 min de paris) c pour ça que je ne pense pas avoir trop de mal a aller voir la fedcup...enfin si nastya joue...comme ça je pourais la claquer pour cette affreuse defaite!
et toi t d'ou?
ah! anna! trop dommage qu'elle ai arreté je sais que ça ne lui ferai pas plaisir mais bon...elle etait si belle (remarque qu'elle l'est tjs mais maintenant on ne peux plus la voir)

Je suis de Metz, plus précisément de Thionville si tu connais :confused:
T'as de la chance de pouvoir la voir en Fed cup :fiery:

Putain ça fait chier cette défaite de merde :tape: ElenaL ne faisait que défendre et Nastya frappait assez fort mais avec trop de fautes :sad:

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:19 PM
BTW: Je veux à vous parler dans le français aussi! Mais ma connaissance est misérable. Frenchie, allez-vous aussi à Paris voir la Fed Cup? J'aimerais aller aussi. Je suis toujours triste. J'espère qu'elle aura de bons matches à Paris ;)

???

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:20 PM
I'm still in such bad spirits. And with Tati now down a break in the third I may lose my top two favs in heartbreaking fashion on the same day. It had been a great tournament to this point but not anymore.

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, Frenchie, you just answered my question

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
I'm still in such bad spirits. And with Tati now down a break in the third I may lose my top two favs in heartbreaking fashion on the same day. It had been a great tournament to this point but not anymore.

At least you have your "not-top" faves still in...all my hopes on Justine now :(

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:23 PM
BTW: Je veux à vous parler dans le français aussi! Mais ma connaissance est misérable. Frenchie, allez-vous aussi à Paris voir la Fed Cup? J'aimerais aller aussi. Je suis toujours triste. J'espère qu'elle aura de bons matches à Paris ;)

???

:worship: Very good :worship:
Spunky, you can tell me "tu" instead of "vous" :lol: . I'm not a VIP

Non je ne vais pas voir la Fed Cup car c'est trop loin et trop cher!

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:26 PM
thionville...OUi je connais!!!! en fin j'en ai deja entendu parlé mais alors pourquoi je ne sais pas du tout! j'ai pas de memoire...c'est bete que tu ne puisse pas venir voir la fedcup
spunky...ton français est tres bon BRAVO! you're amazing!
niktosrule...I'm like you...I still believe that it is a bad dream that I will wake up and then...pfff...why? why? why?

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
g oublié non je ne suis pas classé j'ai un probleme de ligament qui m'empeche passablement de courir ce qui est un assez grand handicap pour jouer et toi tu es classée? je suppose que oui sinon tu ne poserais pas la question

Je suis un garçon ;)
Actuellement je suis 15/4 et je pense être 15/2 l'année prochaine :D

Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Okay. This was a bad loss for all of us.....but....we have to take the many Positives we have gained from this US Open!

Instead of making dozens of unforced errors throughout matches like she was throughout the year, we know Anastasia is now once again capable of playing the tennis she brought last year

Her mum is better now and so her tennis will also get better

Its a gradual process, and Anastasia can now maybe start to believe that once again she can play and beat the best, her 6-0 set showed that!

Now lets all be happy that we know she is on the road to recovery, aswell as her tennis, this was just a moment in a gradual process :D:D

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
trop cher tu m'en diras tant! vraiment je pense que je vais regarder les matchs devant ma tele mais a mon avis on peut aller a l'entrainement et là ça doit etre moins cher donc en fait je projette d'aller voir au moins un entrainement SI nastya joue sinon je ne me deplace meme pas...tarpishev va peut etre douté quand a sa capacité a gagner maintenant

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
:worship: Very good :worship:
Spunky, you can tell me "tu" instead of "vous" :lol: . I'm not a VIP

Non je ne vais pas voir la Fed Cup car c'est trop loin et trop cher!

I just wanted to pay you respect with the "vous" you honour :lol:

7777th post!!! :bounce:

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Okay. This was a bad loss for all of us.....but....we have to take the many Positives we have gained from this US Open!

Instead of making dozens of unforced errors throughout matches like she was throughout the year, we know Anastasia is now once again capable of playing the tennis she brought last year

Her mum is better now and so her tennis will also get better

Its a gradual process, and Anastasia can now maybe start to believe that once again she can play and beat the best, her 6-0 set showed that!

Now lets all be happy that we know she is on the road to recovery, aswell as her tennis, this was just a moment in a gradual process :D:D

That's right :worship:
Actually this match looks a lot like her win over Jankovic at Wimby (apart from the outcoming :tape: ) but she can't win every third set

selyoink
At least you have your "not-top" faves still in...all my hopes on Justine now :(

Yeah but ALG, Jelena, and Anabel will probably all go down today.

Tati is now down two breaks in the third and finished.

So I'll be down to only Lena D., Lena L., and Justine. And I'm pissed at one of those three at the moment. Bet you can't guess which one? ;)

Oh Sania is still in it also. Forgot about her.

cindy
rawwb sorry but I cannot be this positive...not today
desoléE frenchI...bon classement peut etre te veras t'on un jour a roland!

Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:33 PM

Yes you can :p

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:34 PM
spunky you can keep on with the "vous" with me...no I'm just kidding...of course "tu" is better I mean more apropriate...I finally smile...thank to this wonderful forum...is great to see that there are others fans who feel the same

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:35 PM
Yes you can :p

just for you I'll try :wavey:

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:35 PM

J'ai 19 ans :rolleyes:
:lol:

Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:36 PM
just for you I'll try :wavey:
Thankyou :hug:

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:39 PM
Normally I am the optimistic one and you know what? I am!

This is just a tennis result and if I remember correctly a few months ago we were freaked out by a real important problem, a life threatening one. She said she was happy, so I guess that should make us happy, right? Come on people.

Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:40 PM
Thats it Spunky, what i was trying to get at

denine
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
urgh. so so so so..(x100000....) disappointed. :sad:

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
Normally I am the optimistic one and you know what? I am!

This is just a tennis result and if I remember correctly a few months ago we were freaked out by a real important problem, a life threatening one. She said she was happy, so I guess that should make us happy, right? Come on people.

Nastya will bounce back during the indoor season :bounce:
But I don't really know why she commited in Kolkata? :confused:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
rawwb if you give me a kiss so I just can be happy!!!
you're right spunky if she is happy it's the most important and well she lost to a russian girl so...it's not like if she had lost to henin... ;) :p :lol:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
franchi c'est vrai tu es trop vieux...quel dommage et moi qui pensais parler avec un futur chamion de paris!

Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:46 PM
rawwb if you give me a kiss so I just can be happy!!!
you're right spunky if she is happy it's the most important and well she lost to a russian girl so...it's not like if she had lost to henin... ;) :p :lol:
:kiss:

selyoink
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:46 PM
I guess it sucks for me that I'm normally a pessimistic person.

Though I was optimistic about Lena D's chances of a third set comeback today. However I had no faith in Nastya.

I hope that changes soon. I know she will be back soon but the season is a loss in my opinion. Only one good grand slam this year. Plus I'm doomed to only see her once all year in that atrocious FO loss.

I won't be optimistic for a while. For now I'm off to support ALG.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
:kiss:
:crazy:

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
franchi c'est vrai tu es trop vieux...quel dommage et moi qui pensais parler avec un futur chamion de paris!

Quel age as-tu au fait?
Que fais-tu?
etc...
Si c'est pas trop indiscret j'aimerais bien en savoir un peu plus sur les fans de Nastya :angel:

NONNNNNNNNNN! je viens de voir que ES va encore montrer le match d'Amélie! :fiery: Je sature, overdose de Momo :lol:
Je commence vraiment à la détester :tape:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:52 PM
well I must confess that I agree with niktosrule...I'm still desapointed but I'm happy coz her must fell better I pray for her to fell better so...

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
Nastya will bounce back during the indoor season :bounce:
But I don't really know why she commited in Kolkata? :confused:

Money. There´s no othere reason why to play a low Tier tourney. May also be that the WTA promised a top-player.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
j'ai eu 20 le 23 juillet (je peux pas etre plus precise je crois) je fais des etudes de litterature (je suis en 3ème année de lettres modernes) mes passions sont le sport (le tennis surtout il va de soit) moi aussi j'aime bien anna (au moins 1 pts en commun avec toi en plus de nastya) et j'adore le cinema dont les films russes je suis une accro de marat basharov...voila et toi?

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:56 PM
oh j'oubliai! moi ça fait tres longtps que j'ai saturé ac momo!!!! chaque roland garros c'est un peu trop je trouve

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:56 PM
well I must confess that I agree with niktosrule...I'm still desapointed but I'm happy coz her must fell better I pray for her to fell better so...

Could you also pray for my grandma and my best friend´s dad? Yes, both same illness (it definetly hasn´t been a happy year for me). I am already glad that I have at least one person off my "to-worry"-list now :o

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:57 PM

this is an error of course I wanted to say her MUM...now it makes sens

Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:58 PM
Could you also pray for my grandma and my best friend´s dad? Yes, both same illness (it definetly hasn´t been a happy year for me). I am already glad that I have at least one person off my "to-worry"-list now :o

I lost a close relative to cancer this year too, it really was devastating so I know the relief that must be running through her body everytime she is with her mum

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
j'ai eu 20 le 23 juillet (je peux pas etre plus precise je crois) je fais des etudes de litterature (je suis en 3ème année de lettres modernes) mes passions sont le sport (le tennis surtout il va de soit) moi aussi j'aime bien anna (au moins 1 pts en commun avec toi en plus de nastya) et j'adore le cinema dont les films russes je suis une accro de marat basharov...voila et toi?

Ben j'ai 19ans depuis janvier, je vais rentrer en licence AES.
Sinon j'aime bien le tennis (russe en général) le cinéma et la musique (voir ma signature :angel: )
Je vis chez mes parents, j'ai un frère (16 ans) ainsi qu'un chien, un hamster, et un caméléon (et oui :eek: )

Me voici en quelques mots! ;)

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
spunky I'll do...and when it will be possible I will go to the sacré coeur for them...I promise (and I always keep my word)

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:02 PM
I lost a close relative to cancer this year too, it really was devastating so I know the relief that must be running through her body everytime she is with her mum

Yeah, I just hate it. I mean, there´s no handbook for it that but I just don´t know how to behave regarding my grandma and my friend. Sometimes it´s like nothing has happened at all and then out of a sudden, I think about that maybe I shouldn´t have fun or laugh at this very moment, knowing that people I love have to suffer. Someone has got to find the cure for cancer :sad: .

And sorry for your loss

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Ben j'ai 19ans depuis janvier, je vais rentrer en licence AES.
Sinon j'aime bien le tennis (russe en général) le cinéma et la musique (voir ma signature :angel: )
Je vis chez mes parents, j'ai un frère (16 ans) ainsi qu'un chien, un hamster, et un caméléon (et oui :eek: )

Me voici en quelques mots! ;)

je pense que c'est assez bien resumé! merci avoir un cameleon et un hamster...je pense que ça en dit pas mal sur toi... :p
moi je voudrais un chien depuis mes 7ans mais ma mere refuse de me l'acheter et je voudrais un serpent aussi mais c'est idem pour ma mere...enfin là je comprends

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:03 PM
spunky I'll do...and when it will be possible I will go to the sacré coeur for them...I promise (and I always keep my word)

Thank you very much :hug:

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:06 PM
For those who didn't see the match, Nastya didn't seem to be sad after her loss!
She just kissed Lena.
Lena also seemed respectful and didn't celebrate at all

Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I just hate it. I mean, there´s no handbook for it that but I just don´t know how to behave regarding my grandma and my friend. Sometimes it´s like nothing has happened at all and then out of a sudden, I think about that maybe I shouldn´t have fun or laugh at this very moment, knowing that people I love have to suffer. Someone has got to find the cure for cancer :sad: .

And sorry for your loss
Yeah, for my experience i was made not to feel guilty and enjoy the time i had with this person because if we were sad all the time it would just emphasise that we new that the worst was coming and we didnt want to spend whatever amount of time we had with them like that. I am glad we did it that way too

sinterklaasje
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:08 PM
OMG
I didn't see the match (crappy coverage here in Belguim, didn't see a single match of hers :fiery: ) and I'm glad I didn't coz I would have died of heart failure and nerve breakdown (5-2 in third set, makes me think of some other match :scared: ).
I was actually rather confident that she would win the match, I had a good feeling. I suppose that's why I am disappointed right now. The stats looked decent tough (more winners, more breaks and more points and yet she loses --> conclusion: tennis is not fair).
Still, I wished she had won. It's sad. I keep on telling myself that Roddick and Nadal lost early in the tournament too, it can happen to anyone.
But well, there is some good news: her mom is better, she has more confidence (at least I think so), so I expect some nice matches to come the rest of the season and a splendid 2006 when she has little points to defend.

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:09 PM
my oncle died two months ago...I heard that he was ill in the same time that i heard for nastya's mum...i think that's why I have loved her so much...i saw the press conference where she said it after her defeat in RG...after I heard about my grand'pa illness too...I found a church, prayed for him and for nastya's mum and now they are both allright...I think God wasn't too busy this day... : )

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, for my experience i was made not to feel guilty and enjoy the time i had with this person because if we were sad all the time it would just emphasise that we new that the worst was coming and we didnt want to spend whatever amount of time we had with them like that. I am glad we did it that way too

:worship:
I also know this kind of situation. My grandfather died a few years ago because of a spumon (spe?) cancer.

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM
OMG
I didn't see the match (crappy coverage here in Belguim, didn't see a single match of hers :fiery: ) and I'm glad I didn't coz I would have died of heart failure and nerve breakdown (5-2 in third set, makes me think of some other match :scared: ).
I was actually rather confident that she would win the match, I had a good feeling. I suppose that's why I am disappointed right now. The stats looked decent tough (more winners, more breaks and more points and yet she loses --> conclusion: tennis is not fair).
Still, I wished she had won. It's sad. I keep on telling myself that Roddick and Nadal lost early in the tournament too, it can happen to anyone.
But well, there is some good news: her mom is better, she has more confidence (at least I think so), so I expect some nice matches to come the rest of the season and a splendid 2006 when she has little points to defend.

RTBF 2 showed the end of the match :rolleyes:
You were certainly on another planet ;)

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM

Definetly makes sense. My friend whose father´s ill, got accepted to a very good university in Scotland and she didn´t want to go but instead continuing studying in Germany. It was such a good chance. I encouraged her to at least talk to her parents about it, cause I said they definetly won´t like her to study in Germany because of that. She was afraid of discussing with them but in the end she did talk to them and she goes to Edinburgh. I am glad she did it. Life goes on

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
For those who didn't see the match, Nastya didn't seem to be sad after her loss!
She just kissed Lena.

I was sure of that! :mad: she is incredible! :fiery: une tete a claque (for those who understand french)
my mum told me "they are friends...that's why nastya is letting her win" of course nastya just lost she didn't let her win but my mum was a little bit right...lena is a friend so she doesn't worry too much tought...better her to play against sharapova!

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM
She just kissed Lena.

Yeah, she also smiled a lot after stupid errors and it wasn´t such a cynical smile like in the past. I don´t think this loss will demotivate her so much.

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:21 PM
BTW Amélie is struggling against ALG!

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah, she also smiled a lot after stupid errors and it wasn´t such a cynical smile like in the past. I don´t think this loss will demotivate her so much.

frankly except her family what can demotivate her?
really she always seems so happy, saying stupid funny thing, playing with the others girls (especialy the russian and kim...and hantuchova too maybe)
I love all the press conference's pic from this last fedcup cause it's looks like she is a real clown (phone etc) I really admire her

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:25 PM
si momo pouvait perdre nous autres français serions trankil!!!

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:28 PM
Hehe...I will kick my head if ALG actually manages to win here :lol:

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:28 PM
si momo pouvait perdre nous autres français serions trankil!!!

Oh oui! :rolleyes:
Son jeu est d'un ennui! :zzz:

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
Hehe...I will kick my head if ALG actually manages to win here :lol:

Me too :fiery:
Schruff gave Sharapova a few troubles and now ALG :devil:

Your predictions were nearly right :worship:

But I hope Nastya won't have to regret her 4 MPs :tape:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
je te le fais pas dire frenchie...elle pourais au moins etre attractive ça compenserais mais meme pas!
spunky...I jump in the air if she wins!

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
ALG is playing really really great

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:34 PM
pierce won the first she is the ONLY french player that I realy like a lot...so gentle...I told her one time...she gave me a big smile asked me if it was true and thanks me...so great not as much as jenny capriati but great

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:35 PM
ALG is playing really really great

Yeah :eek:
Her FH is a bit funky, still a lot of work but she could be top20

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:36 PM
hey spunky! ALG is german...I didn't know...

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:36 PM
pierce won the first she is the ONLY french player that I realy like a lot...so gentle...I told her one time...she gave me a big smile asked me if it was true and thanks me...so great not as much as jenny capriati but great

Me too :eek:
I also like Tati but for other obvious reasons :tape:

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:37 PM
oh fuck...that was close, dammit

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:37 PM
shit ALG lost the first set...

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:38 PM
hey spunky! ALG is german...I didn't know...

There is a reason I cheer for her. She´s basically the only German I like

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:38 PM
that's funny we are all for ALG....I even didn't know her yesterday!

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:39 PM
There is a reason I cheer for her. She´s basically the only German I like

hum it's like me and pierce...you didn't love graf? she was a great player

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:41 PM
ALG is a clone of Meg Shaughnessy :eek:
They look like not only physically but also game-wise. I know they have the same coach but the similarities are striking!

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:43 PM
Me too :fiery:
Schruff gave Sharapova a few troubles and now ALG :devil:

Your predictions were nearly right :worship:

But I hope Nastya won't have to regret her 4 MPs :tape:

did she? I noticed something about sharapova (except the fact that she is way less beautiful than anna k) she wins easily or she doesn't win...look at wimbly...the first difficult match she lost

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
did she? I noticed something about sharapova (except the fact that she is way less beautiful than anna k) she wins easily or she doesn't win...look at wimbly...the first difficult match she lost

The score was 6/2-6/4 as far as I remember

Spunky83
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
hum it's like me and pierce...you didn't love graf? she was a great player

Graf? She was the reason my parents signed me and my brother into a tennis club, she was the reason why my father woke up in the middle of the night to watch a match, the reason why I first had a tennis raquet in my hands and the reason why I watch tennis at all. I guess you can´t say I loved her (my father did) but without her, I definetly wouldn´t be here in this forum :lol:

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
so vive graf! I like her too...she played so well I have her autograph...somewhere...in my bedroom I guess

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:52 PM
ALG is playing out of her mind!!
But I'm afraid she'll loose...

sinterklaasje
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:53 PM
RTBF 2 showed the end of the match :rolleyes:
You were certainly on another planet ;)

My parents were watching a movie :o

???

Moi aussi, je suis très triste qu'elle vienne de perdre ce match. J'en étais sûr qu'elle pouvait gagner, mais hélas! C'est dommage, elle jouais mieux les dernières semaines et j'avais confiance en elle. Espérons que la progression continuera et qu'elle aura quelques belles victoires (encore cette saison).

Vous allez tous voir la Fed Cup à Paris? Je suis jalouse! Je l'ai vue jouer qu'une fois à Anvers et c'était vraiment formidable. Mais je crains que j'aies des cours à ce moment-là :mad:

Damn, my French sucks and so does my English haha.

Spunky, are you going to Filderstadt? Do you need some company? I'm desperate to see some Nastya-matches live :lol:

Oké, now we had English, French and German in Nastya's forum. Any volunteers to post some Dutch messages and take in Dutch to me???

frenchie
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
My parents were watching a movie :o

Moi aussi, je suis très triste qu'elle vienne de perdre ce match. J'en étais sûr qu'elle pouvait gagner, mais hélas! C'est dommage, elle jouais mieux les dernières semaines et j'avais confiance en elle. Espérons que la progression continuera et qu'elle aura quelques belles victoires (encore cette saison).

Vous allez tous voir la Fed Cup à Paris? Je suis jalouse! Je l'ai vue jouer qu'une fois à Anvers et c'était vraiment formidable. Mais je crains que j'aies des cours à ce moment-là :mad:

Damn, my French sucks and so does my English haha.

Spunky, are you going to Filderstadt? Do you need some company? I'm desperate to see some Nastya-matches live :lol:

Oké, now we had English, French and German in Nastya's forum. Any volunteers to post some Dutch messages and take in Dutch to me???

Your french seems perfect to me :worship:
I'm sorry but I won't try in dutch. It's so difficult to hear and to pronounce :o

cindy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
sinteretc you're more than good at english you know!...."quelques belles victoires" tu dis...j'attends la fedcup bien sur parce que je veux vraiment que la russie gagne (I'm waitting for the fedcup coz I really want a russian victory) et la kremlin cup...this one is her tournement...she always plays great there...if she does not then all my hopes will just leave me

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:02 AM
I agree with frenchie for the dutsch...impossible to me the only thing that I know is "alts maul" well...I hope that I really know it...

Spunky83
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:02 AM

I am not sure yet, things are still in the process. Do you go?

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:08 AM
momo is on her way to enerve me one more time!

sinterklaasje
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:09 AM
really want to see a Nastya-match live, but Filderstadt is maybe a bit far from home

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:12 AM
one thing is sure it IS far from MY home ; )

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:16 AM
well I think momo will win...anyway she certainly will not win the usopen...just for that she will for ever be less great than nastya!!!!!

frenchie
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:17 AM
one thing is sure it IS far from MY home ; )

I'm nearer than you :p
But I had hopes Nastya would compete in Fortis Luxembourg open since it's a tier2 this year.
This tourny is 10 min from my home, but still no Nastya in the Entry list :mad:

Spunky83
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:18 AM
really want to see a Nastya-match live, but Filderstadt is maybe a bit far from home

Her game is not that spectecular live (I must be the worst fan ever)...her serve is hard to handle when you´re standing just a few metres away, it´s soo shaky and slow (second one). But she does have a very special aura around her that makes her somewhat unique. Her backhand is worth attending her matches for sure. Well basically the only players which really amazed me live where Federer and Justine. I´ve got to be honest here, it´s just totally different. Not even Andy Roddick amazed me although I am his fan.

I am weird :o

But the best thing´s gotta be watching Nastya screaming at Jens LIVE...it´s sooo funny, unbelievable!

selyoink
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Well a tough day for me is coming to a bad end. Nastya, Tati, Jelena, and ALG all go out. Anabel is sure to follow tonight. Lena D. plays Patty so I lose a favorite there.

But I guess I can be happy Lena D., Justine, Patty, and Sania all made it this far. I love Lena L. but I really wish she would've let Nastya win.

Spunky83
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Well a tough day for me is coming to a bad end. Nastya, Tati, Jelena, and ALG all go out. Anabel is sure to follow tonight. Lena D. plays Patty so I lose a favorite there.

But I guess I can be happy Lena D., Justine, Patty, and Sania all made it this far. I love Lena L. but I really wish she would've let Nastya win.

Me too, me too...how damn close was this freaking forehand on her MP in the TB? Nahhhh...it´s in the past now, as hard as it is.

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Her game is not that spectecular live (I must be the worst fan ever)...her serve is hard to handle when you´re standing just a few metres away, it´s soo shaky and slow (second one). But she does have a very special aura around her that makes her somewhat unique. Her backhand is worth attending her matches for sure. Well basically the only players which really amazed me live where Federer and Justine. I´ve got to be honest here, it´s just totally different. Not even Andy Roddick amazed me although I am his fan.

But the best thing´s gotta be watching Nastya screaming at Jens LIVE...it´s sooo funny, unbelievable!

:lol: you're right I'd like to see that!! it's one of the thing that made me love her
yes you are!!! no I'm kidding...you talked about an aura and that make you a great fan coz it's really true...

frenchie
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:24 AM

I agree her game is not spectacular in terms of power, but she's so smooth and fluid on her groundstrokes. Her serve is still far from beeing a weapon and I even suspect a major part of this forum to have a better second serve :tape:
She's so damn fast :eek:

Another funny thing about watching Nastya live is the little cold war between Jens and Nastya's hockeyplayer. I was a whitness at RG this year :lol:

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:28 AM
oh please frenchie tell us a little bit more about this little war...you maybe didn't know but spunky loves jen (I mean cutie-J) and me I love sasha!

Spunky83
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:32 AM
:lol: you're right I'd like to see that!! it's one of the thing that made me love her
yes you are!!! no I'm kidding...you talked about an aura and that make you a great fan coz it's really true...

Met her twice (the second time along with Lena L.) and she definetly has - I don´t know what - I think it´s her eyes which are kinda beaming at you, she´s one of the rare people I know who constantly look on you when you talk to them (I don´t do that) and also one of those persons who actually are not afraid to show their feelings. Still can´t believe she stroked my upper arm after I gave her the present from a-m.com. Ola (Cool_Olga) even received a hug from her once. Gotta love this girl;)

Spunky83
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Yep Mr Hockey and Cutie-J definetly don´t get along really well. Nastya had a complete outburst in Rome last year just because of those two guys :lol:

According to reporters, the whole thing started during the clay season when Mr Hockey decided to come along in the clay season. You guys should have seen Nastya trying to cheer up her coach during her double matches on the outside courts with all kinds of funny faces. He just didn´t react to it, so she went on making a sad face like a little kid. Told this story a million times but it was sooo hilarious :lol:

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:41 AM
this 'little war" is so funny...i really think that jens is still in love for nastya...i didn't know that you saw her...I'm happy for you (don't worry for me I saw andrei so many times)...well I think that is really shows that she is a nice person ans as for the aura maybe it comes from her eyes but to me it's more than that coz you can see it on the pic too...well she is a little star!

frenchie
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:43 AM
oh please frenchie tell us a little bit more about this little war...you maybe didn't know but spunky loves jen (I mean cutie-J) and me I love sasha!

Cette année j'ai eu la chance de suivre un entrainement de Nastya à RG.
C'était trop marrant! :lol: Biensur personne d'autre ne voyait ce qui se passait sous leur nez, mais moi oui!

Nastya frappait des balles avec Cutie-J, et Sasha (une vraie baraque :eek: Nastya doit parfois etre écrasée :tape: )faisait le ramasseur de balles. C'était impressionnant comme les 2 hommes ne s'adressaient pas la parole et s'évitaient du regard :eek: Ils étaient toujours à au moins 10m l'un de l'autre, sur le meme court.
Quant à Nastya, elle s'adressait aux deux hommes par des regards insistants ou des gros yeux, pour ne pas déclancher de scandale devant tout le monde :lol: Elle faisait la liaison entre les deux.

Plus tard dans la journée, j'ai eu la chance d'admirer la "sublimissime" performance de Nastya lors de son 1er tour
Jens était assis très près du court tandis que Sasha se trouvait au moins 10 rangées au dessus! :lol:
Les deux s'évitent comme la peste!

Sinon Sasha est très drole pendant les match de Nastya. Il est HYPER-STRESSE et vit le match à fond. Il encourage sur chaque point, se lève tout seul pendant les échanges un peu "chauds" et crie...

Super expérience pour moi à RG cette année (excepté le résultat :sad: )

Spunky83
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:50 AM
this 'little war" is so funny...i really think that jens is still in love for nastya...i didn't know that you saw her...I'm happy for you (don't worry for me I saw andrei so many times)...well I think that is really shows that she is a nice person ans as for the aura maybe it comes from her eyes but to me it's more than that coz you can see it on the pic too...well she is a little star!

Definetly he is...just imagine him getting a new girlfriend. Nastya wouldn´t like that. Off court there´s just so much chemistry between those two, it´s a pity they are not together anymore. It´s just so sweet that whenever they play in Moscow, Jens lives with the Myskinas´ and when they´re in Filderstadt, Nastya lives with the Gerlachs´. Last year they were guests in a sports-tv show in Stuttgart (Filderstadt is a part of Stuttgart) and they were so cute together, it was unbelievable.

I will just upload the transcript in case you haven´t seen (you need to right click and save it)

Spunky83
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Cette année j'ai eu la chance de suivre un entrainement de Nastya à RG.
C'était trop marrant! :lol: Biensur personne d'autre ne voyait ce qui se passait sous leur nez, mais moi oui!

Nastya frappait des balles avec Cutie-J, et Sasha (une vraie baraque :eek: Nastya doit parfois etre écrasée :tape: )faisait le ramasseur de balles. C'était impressionnant comme les 2 hommes ne s'adressaient pas la parole et s'évitaient du regard :eek: Ils étaient toujours à au moins 10m l'un de l'autre, sur le meme court.
Quant à Nastya, elle s'adressait aux deux hommes par des regards insistants ou des gros yeux, pour ne pas déclancher de scandale devant tout le monde :lol: Elle faisait la liaison entre les deux.

Plus tard dans la journée, j'ai eu la chance d'admirer la "sublimissime" performance de Nastya lors de son 1er tour
Jens était assis très près du court tandis que Sasha se trouvait au moins 10 rangées au dessus! :lol:
Les deux s'évitent comme la peste!

Sinon Sasha est très drole pendant les match de Nastya. Il est HYPER-STRESSE et vit le match à fond. Il encourage sur chaque point, se lève tout seul pendant les échanges un peu "chauds" et crie...

Super expérience pour moi à RG cette année (excepté le résultat :sad: )

If I were Mr Hockey, I´d definetly have problems with that situations. I also don´t know how Nastya herself copes with that or Cutie-J. I mean whenever I "had the pleasure" to meet the girlfriend (now ex) of my former boyfriend, I felt like that girl was trying to kill me with her looks. Seriously. It´s a mystery to me.

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:55 AM
oh tres drole merci beaucoup! je savais que mon petit sasha cheri etait un type bien!
I WAS SURE THAT MY LOVELY SASHA WAS A GREAT GUY!!!!
"sublissime perf" comme tu dis...enfin au moins tu l'as vu la tele etait trop occupée a passer les français!
poor nastya...it must be difficult when your coach and ex-boyfriend can bear your new boyfriend! but it's not so much surprising...
merci encore pour le recit
one thing funny too...jens is always here at the fedcup with the russian jacket and with the other russian even if he is german and sasha is here alone even if he is russian!

cindy
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:58 AM
j'imagine bien sasha en ramasseur de balle!!! he must be as sweet as nastya...and jens too

frenchie
Sep 4th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Definetly he is...just imagine him getting a new girlfriend. Nastya wouldn´t like that. Off court there´s just so much chemistry between those two, it´s a pity they are not together anymore. It´s just so sweet that whenever they play in Moscow, Jens lives with the Myskinas´ and when they´re in Filderstadt, Nastya lives with the Gerlachs´. Last year they were guests in a sports-tv show in Stuttgart (Filderstadt is a part of Stuttgart) and they were so cute together, it was unbelievable.

I will just upload the transcript in case you haven´t seen (you need to right click and save it)

Thank you spunky :worship:

You are lucky to be german so you get the opportunity to see Nastya on TV :D
BTW I have a feeling the german commentator Matthias Stach likes Nastya alot