PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

angiee3
Aug 20th, 2005, 02:59 PM
oh well. i was hoping they would show the Myskina/Clijsters match.
but anyways i don't have much time today.

ys
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:18 PM
ESPN will show the match that they will like more..:)

ANyway, go Nastya, you are the only hope in this season..:)

goldenlox
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Only hope in this tournament, but I expect everyone, except maybe Bovina, in NYC.

Dementinator
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM
dont ell YS that!! he thinks everyone else is shit!! Lenas never gonna win again and Kuz is finished .

Good luck nastya!

_LuCaS_
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Good luck girl, give your best out there. You beat her before ;)

Josh810
Aug 20th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah, ESPN.com says they're showing JHH vs. Mauresmo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleWeek?sport=TN

JLDementieva
Aug 20th, 2005, 05:13 PM
damn you ESPN, what do you got against our girl!!!!!!! :sad: :( :fiery:

denine
Aug 20th, 2005, 06:21 PM
damnit.:fiery: she just lost.... anyway, nice fight nastya.:sad:

goldenlox
Aug 20th, 2005, 06:24 PM
6-4, 6-1. Now on to New Haven?

cerbero
Aug 20th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I'm glad she's on the right track...She should pass New Haven...

_LuCaS_
Aug 20th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Right, saw only the 2nd set on ES :fiery:
I read she played very well in the 1st one. In the 2nd she was a bit nervous, Kim was almost perfect, not much to do.
1st serve 46 %, no DFs though, 9 winners, 22 UEs.
It's hard to play Kim, especially with Nastya's style. Kim defends very well. Nastya doesn't attack much so it's tricky.
Keep Kim out of Nastya's half and US Open should be good.

Spunky83
Aug 20th, 2005, 07:09 PM
You know what I liked most?

The smile when she left the court. Confidence is what matters at the moment and I think weīre all on the right track back. I am happy with that result. Tier I semis: Momo, Justine, Nastya, Kim. She was the lowest ranked player, she lost to a player she always loses (not if that is a good thing but...), she was the best Russian here (oh!)....Just like in the old days;)

Serve will come `back` someday. She hasnīt played this much in 2005, plus the shoulder problems, itīs a matter of time, the muscles around the shoulder have to adjust to the game.

New Haven should be a blast...I just hope her ankle accepts this decision.

goldenlox
Aug 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Ana not Into needle point

By BILL HARRIS -- Toronto Sun

No one stuck a fork in Anastasia Myskina. She isn't done.

But an acupuncture needle? That's a different story.

The 24-year-old Russian went through a painful acupuncture treatment on her sprained left ankle on Thursday night, in the hope she would be fit for her Rogers Cup quarter-final match yesterday.

While describing the ninth-seeded Myskina as "fit" certainly is pushing it, she was healthy enough to advance to the semi-finals with a 6-4, 7-5 triumph over unseeded Gisela Dulko of Argentina.

"I had acupuncture and it hurt so badly," Myskina said. "At that time, when the needle was in my leg, I felt like I wasn't even going to move anymore.

"I've had acupuncture before, but this time there was so much pain. That was something new."

Myskina laughed as she told the story, but Rogers Cup organizers would not have been amused had another seeded player been forced to withdraw due to injury or illness.

On Thursday afternoon in a match against Shinobu Asagoe of Japan, Myskina badly turned her left ankle. If you saw the replay, you probably grimaced.

BOOKENDED ANKLE

Myskina, whose ankle was bookended by splints and wrapped tightly yesterday, moved better from side to side than she did going forward and backward. Given that, Myskina seemed genuinely puzzled by Dulko's game plan, or lack thereof.

"I don't think Gisela played really smart with me, so that was a big advantage," Myskina said. "The drop shot was the key, but she didn't use it."

_LuCaS_
Aug 20th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I now know what a Lena fan must feel like :lol:
So we all agree that she should withdraw from New Haven ?

cerbero
Aug 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Watching the game i heard lots of people supporting her...nice...

_LuCaS_
Aug 20th, 2005, 07:32 PM
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3545/bscap0006qm.jpg
She took this loss pretty easily ;)

the cat
Aug 20th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Nastya had a good tournament and I expect her to do well in New Haven if her ankle is okay.

martirogi
Aug 21st, 2005, 02:18 AM
nastya will only be 13th seed at us open so she'll have to play one of the top four in the fourth rd. Of course if someone pulls out it will be much better or the best case is that she plays injured sharapova in 4th rd and wins. :cool:

Derek.
Aug 21st, 2005, 06:27 AM
:sad:

Still a great week Nastya! :hug: You should be very proud of yourself! :bigclap:

selyoink
Aug 21st, 2005, 07:03 AM
nastya will only be 13th seed at us open so she'll have to play one of the top four in the fourth rd. Of course if someone pulls out it will be much better or the best case is that she plays injured sharapova in 4th rd and wins. :cool:

She doesn't pass anyone? Dammit! I hope she gets Masha or Davenport then.

She had a great tournament here in Canada. Didn't expect much against Clijsters. At least she hung tough in the first set.

Get some rest Nastya. No need to play on injured ankle at New Haven.

selyoink
Aug 21st, 2005, 07:29 AM
She has pulled out of New Haven along with Kuznetsova.

Good decision by the both of them.

JLDementieva
Aug 21st, 2005, 08:35 AM
I'm glad she pulled out, she needs to be ready for the Open!

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 21st, 2005, 10:59 AM
lets get that ankle sorted before NY
good luck Nastya, rest up well
she's played enough matches over last two weeks in any case.

frenchie
Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:12 AM
I think Nastya will be 17th at the race to the YEC after this week performance!

It's not that bad afterall :)
Atleast I hope she can secure a top16 ranking to begin next year in good conditions so we can still watch her on TV :bounce:

martirogi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:45 AM
top 16!

im still hoping for top 10, though the yec dreams have gone. perhaps she'll end tenth and two people will pull out and then she'll win it.

selyoink
Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:51 AM
All I really want is to see her play again.

It has been so long. :sad:

ys
Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:03 AM
dont ell YS that!! he thinks everyone else is shit!! Lenas never gonna win again and Kuz is finished .

Good luck nastya!

I don't think everyone else is shit. Have I ever told anyone what I think you think?

Anyway.. I do think that the only player with positive dynamics in last 2 months is Myskina. Everyone else is injured, or is playing worse than before.. Sharapova is injured, and with no warmups you do not expect her to do very well on this surface. Kuznetsova is injured. Dementieva is losing to nobodies and losing the last bits of her confidence .. Zvonareva is reaching for the bottom. Petrova is pretty stable but has no mental capacity to beat a big player. Realistically, suppose you need to choose one Russian player to bet money on her reaching semis at Flushing. Out of all bunch, I choose Myskina..

Spunky83
Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:05 PM
I think Nastya will be 17th at the race to the YEC after this week performance!

It's not that bad afterall :)
Atleast I hope she can secure a top16 ranking to begin next year in good conditions so we can still watch her on TV :bounce:

Well...17th is really not that bad. I mean when you think back to this yearīs beginning. Not bad at all ;)

goldenlox
Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Anastasia has never played her best tennis at the US Open.
The surface is good for her. If Lena and Sveta can do well here, so can Nastya.

ys
Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Nastya needs at least USO semis to have a shot at YEC..

goldenlox
Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Or win 2 tournaments after it, like she did in 2003 (Leipzig, Moscow).
She needs a quick 800 points, plus some others.

goldenlox
Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:38 PM
Kim, Anastasia are friends
The mood was a little lighter in their respective semifinals. The first semifinal was a genial encounter between Clijsters and Myskina, who have been known to go to films together. "Both of us understand it's just a game, really," said Myskina. "Of course, it's for money, for the people, for points. But, still, that's on court. Off the court, no matter what's going to happen ... we're going to be friends."

"We were talking even when we were walking on the court," said Clijsters, "It was fun. Afterwards, in the locker room, as well, we were chatting. That's how it should be."

Myskina had played down her chances before the match, but she began like a believer, covering the court with purpose and refusing to be flustered by Clijsters' steadfast retrieving. The best point of the match came in the second game, with Clijsters notching up a spectacular array of shots: three of her trademark splits, a wrong-footed recovery, a returned overhead, and a sprint to a drop shot. But Myskina stayed clam, hoisting up a lob to win the exchange. The two exchanged rueful smiles.

"My legs were like, oh my god, what's going on," said Clijsters. "I was a bit tired already." Still, she recovered in time to win the game, breaking back to 2-2 and again at 5-4 to take the first set.

Myskina faded in the second, crediting Clijsters for keeping her on the run. "She did a good thing to move me around," said Myskina. "Then I got really tired by the second set."

There were reports that Myskina was privately describing the state of her sprained left ankle less positively than on camera, but all the same she wasn't ruling out an appearance at New Haven next week. "I'm not sure right now," she said. "I'm supposed to play New Haven. But we will see."

selyoink
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Glad that Myskina and Kim can have fun playing against each other.

Don't quite like the sound of that last bit of news though about the ankle maybe being worse than she is saying.

Spunky83
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:42 PM
Glad that Myskina and Kim can have fun playing against each other.

Don't quite like the sound of that last bit of news though about the ankle maybe being worse than she is saying.

She probably just didnīt want to announce her withdrawal in front of the whole press-crowd, so she played it down. I think it was pretty clear she was going to withdraw.

ys
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:51 PM
She should be fine with her ankle by US Open time. I am nursing an ankle injury that I got playing on f@cking claycourts over this weekend too..:( But my understanding is that, averagely, the lighter a person who twists an ankle is, the less the damage. If the bones are not broken and the ligaments are not torn, she'll be fine after 3-4 days of rest. Skinny people handle their ankle problems easier. Now, if it would be someone who has stronger built - like Serena or Elena D. - then any twisted ankle would mean much more trouble.. I am not worried about Nastya. I hope to be back to competitive play in a couple of days too.. :)

_LuCaS_
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:31 PM
I didn't see any deficit in her movement against Clijsters because of the injury.
And ys is right. Being slim has its advantages ;)

Spunky83
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:07 AM
I didn't see any deficit in her movement against Clijsters because of the injury.
And ys is right. Being slim has its advantages ;)

Her horizontal movements were pretty much ok but she didnīt run to chase drop shots like she usually does.

BTW: So, German Eurosport was the only channel which broadcasted the Dulko match live? Hehe... :devil:

martirogi
Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
i know we all said we'd like a myskina vs sharapova 4th rd, but i just really thought about it and it would be SO amazing. just imagine our nastya taking out the supposed "number one" in an early round and it'd be on tv and she'd show up and prove to everyone that she will obviously win another slam one day. the score would be 26, 64, 76(32) and it'd be the best match ever. i hope no one pulls out so this will happen. we should all chant or meditate or something so it can happen. :lol: i'm really excited for this now.

goldenlox
Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
I think the draw is in 24 hours. The main draw for a major is great times for me.
I love to analyze it. :banana:

_LuCaS_
Aug 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
I am ready http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/lurk.gif

selyoink
Aug 23rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
Thats one hell of a 3rd set tiebreak Martirogi.

I hope Nastya plays Venus in the final. I'd prefer a different opponent but if it were say Virginie Razzano in the final then they probably wouldn't even show the final and I'd be screwed out of seeing Nastya play once again. If she plays Venus then they it is a guarantee they show the match. ;)

Oh I forgot to mention that if Nastya does play Venus in the final I want her to save 39 match pts. killing all of her fans in the process before winning on her 5th match point after double faulting on the first four.

Spunky83
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
i know we all said we'd like a myskina vs sharapova 4th rd, but i just really thought about it and it would be SO amazing. just imagine our nastya taking out the supposed "number one" in an early round and it'd be on tv and she'd show up and prove to everyone that she will obviously win another slam one day. the score would be 26, 64, 76(32) and it'd be the best match ever. i hope no one pulls out so this will happen. we should all chant or meditate or something so it can happen. :lol: i'm really excited for this now.

Cool! :cool:

Spunky83
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:05 PM

I hope Nastya plays Venus in the final. I'd prefer a different opponent but if it were say Virginie Razzano in the final then they probably wouldn't even show the final and I'd be screwed out of seeing Nastya play once again. If she plays Venus then they it is a guarantee they show the match. ;)

Oh I forgot to mention that if Nastya does play Venus in the final I want her to save 39 match pts. killing all of her fans in the process before winning on her 5th match point after double faulting on the first four.

OMG...are we scary! :lol:

selyoink
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:09 PM
OMG...are we scary! :lol:

Who among us could possibly survive that match alive. I know I couldn't. ;)

Spunky83
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
Who among us could possibly survive that match alive. I know I couldn't. ;)

It would be really, really tense...fun for sure;) :eek:

Believe it or not, when I visited home last weekend, I couldnīt believe my eyes when I saw that my parents framed the pic of me with Nastya and added it to our family pics-collection on the livingroom wall!

I donīt even have the pic up in my appartement! I was like "mum, whatīs that pic doing up there on the wall?". She just said "why itīs nice. You like Myskina, so she goes up there." The only other personīs pic who ever got framed (not including family and friends) was Steffi Graf :lol:

selyoink
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:29 PM
It would be really, really tense...fun for sure;) :eek:

Believe it or not, when I visited home last weekend, I couldnīt believe my eyes when I saw that my parents framed the pic of me with Nastya and added it to our family pics-collection on the livingroom wall!

I donīt even have the pic up in my appartement! I was like "mum, whatīs that pic doing up there on the wall?". She just said "why itīs nice. You like Myskina, so she goes up there." The only other personīs pic who ever got framed (not including family and friends) was Steffi Graf :lol:

Aw I'm sure Nastya would be happy to know she is now a member of your family. :lol:

Spunky83
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Aw I'm sure Nastya would be happy to know she is now a member of your family. :lol:

Yeah :lol:

Not even my former boyfriends took that hurdle :o

meyerpl
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:10 PM

Outstanding. As long as we're indulging in fantasy:

Venus's fans would respond by giving Nastya due credit for winning fair and square. They would acknowledge that Nastya is in an elite class of players along with Venus and that on that day, the better player won. They would show grace and class in their hour of disappointment, expressing appreciation for the fine match they witnessed and optimism that there would be many more to come.

Spunky83
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Outstanding. As long as we're indulging in fantasy:

Venus's fans would respond by giving Nastya due credit for winning fair and square. They would acknowledge that Nastya is in an elite class of players along with Venus and that on that day, the better player won. They would show grace and class in their hour of disappointment, expressing appreciation for the fine match they witnessed and optimism that there would be many more to come.

Hey, I already know 2 Venus fans who actually gave Nastya credit for having beaten her twice...thatīs HUUUUGE!!! :rolleyes:

Daniel
Aug 23rd, 2005, 11:21 PM
I want Nasty ato have an easy draw. :D Go Nastya :clap2: :rocker:

martirogi
Aug 24th, 2005, 01:06 AM
omg spunky your new avy is AMAZING :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Spunky83
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:13 AM
omg spunky your new avy is AMAZING :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks;)

meyerpl
Aug 24th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Hey, I already know 2 Venus fans who actually gave Nastya credit for having beaten her twice...thatīs HUUUUGE!!! :rolleyes:

Good for them! Looking at some of the things people say on the GM board after Nastya beats Venus you'd think Nastya had murdered a small child or spit on the Pope or something equally unforgivable. I'm sure those bitter feelings don't represent the majority of Venus fans. Venus is solid gold as far as I'm concerned, top shelf.

Spunky83
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Justine Henin-Hardenne BEL (7)
vs.
Zuzana Ondraskova CZE

Qualifier
vs.
Angela Haynes USA

Yoon Jeong Cho KOR
vs.
Arantxa Parra Santonja ESP

Qualifier
vs.
Gisela Dulko ARG (27)

Jelena Jankovic SCG (17)
vs.
Denisa Chladkova CZE

Yuliana Fedak UKR
vs.
Alexa Glatch USA

Katarina Srebotnik SLO
vs.
Qualifier

Mara Santangelo ITA
vs.
Mary Pierce FRA (12)

Anastasia Myskina RUS (13)
vs.
Tamarine Tanasugarn THA

Amy Frazier USA
vs.
Carly Gullickson USA

Qualifier
vs.
Magdalena Maleeva BUL

Tathiana Garbin ITA
vs.
Elena Likhovtseva RUS (19)

Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER (31)
vs.
Kristina Brandi PUR

Virginie Razzano FRA
vs.
Abigail Spears USA

Sesil Karatantcheva BUL
vs.
Meghann Shaughnessy USA

Roberta Vinci ITA
vs.
Amelie Mauresmo FRA (3)

Phew....not a too shitty draw for a 13th seed...possible third round versus Elena L. and then 4th round Momo (Ohh nooo!) and if she makes it past her Justine!!! LOL

At least a run to the 4th round is very likely.

goldenlox
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:40 PM
A decent draw. She should get to Mauresmo, maybe to Justine.

_LuCaS_
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:49 PM
It sucks :(

Spunky83
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Two of the "no, we donīt want them close to Nastya"-players in a row;)

At least I only have to focuse on one player in the second week....damn.

goldenlox
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:53 PM
There's no easy section. But Mauresmo is beatable here.

JLDementieva
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Nastya IS the 13th seed, so we can't really expect to have too easy of a draw, she's gotta earn her way up to the top.

_LuCaS_
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Of course Momo is beatable, but not when she plays Nastya :(
Well at least I hope I see 4 of her matches here

Dementinator
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:58 PM
well IMO not a bad draw for our two girls really ,although I would rather Lena had momo ,but there we go , Nastya has a good chance to rnd of 16....

_LuCaS_
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I would trade Lena's place for Nastya's anytime ;)

goldenlox
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I think if Anastasia wins 3 rounds, it's an okay tournament.
She hasn't played great this year.
But she's had a big indoor autumn the last 2 years.

Almalyk
Aug 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Not the greatest of draws... But the last few slams Nastya has had decent draws and she didn't take advantage (besides Wimbledon).

Remember how tough her draw was at French Open 2004 - and she came through it beating 5 top 10 players of the last year - Molik, Kuznetsova, V. Williams, Capriati and Dementieva.

Let's just wish her the best of luck!

martirogi
Aug 24th, 2005, 10:58 PM
umm nastya sucks against likhovtseva. she lost to her twice last year. she's either gonna lose or have a really tough three setter which of course is the best preparation for mauresmo.

crappy draw. :smash:

Spunky83
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:37 PM
I think we should just consider the draw as given and done...Top 32 seeds, only ONE player withdrew, thatīs marvellous and pretty scary! It will be a very tense Open, thatīs for sure.

goldenlox
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Elena L. has had some injuries, and hasn't been playing well.
The more I look at her draw, the more I like it.
Mauresmo is going to make the final in New Haven. That's a lot of tennis.
Anastasia should come through to reach Amelie, and have fresher legs. At Wimbledon, Nastya had gone through 2 long matches, and was probably tired, maybe mentally.
She'll be more ready this time.
Then the Justine match determines who makes the semi.

Anastasia Myskina RUS (13) vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn THA
Amy Frazier USA vs. Carly Gullickson USA
Qualifier vs. Magdalena Maleeva BUL
Tathiana Garbin ITA vs. Elena Likhovtseva RUS (19)

Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER (31) vs. Kristina Brandi PUR
Virginie Razzano FRA vs. Abigail Spears USA
Sesil Karatantcheva BUL vs. Meghann Shaughnessy USA
Roberta Vinci ITA vs. Amelie Mauresmo FRA (3)

:Rawwb:
Aug 25th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I want to join the 3AM Rollercoaster, I love Anastasia so much, she is what brought me to the boards in the first place. I hope you let me, and i want to hang out in this thread more too, make some friends :D(about time i did that here)

Also I would like some help on something else too. I recently moved bedrooms and needed to throw loads of junk out. I found some taped videos and decided to watch through them, and too my amazement, I found Anastasia V Kuznetsova Doha 2004 final. I dont even remember taping it but I guess I was going through my obsessive stage. Anyway, does anyone know if it is possible to get that put onto the computer? and if so would anyone actually watch it?

goldenlox
Aug 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM
I have that match on tape also. Very back and forth.

Aug 25th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I have that match on tape also. Very back and forth.
:yeah: Hopefully we can be able to watch some Anastasia 2004 player ASAP

_LuCaS_
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:11 PM
I want to join the 3AM Rollercoaster, I love Anastasia so much, she is what brought me to the boards in the first place. I hope you let me, and i want to hang out in this thread more too, make some friends :D(about time i did that here)

Also I would like some help on something else too. I recently moved bedrooms and needed to throw loads of junk out. I found some taped videos and decided to watch through them, and too my amazement, I found Anastasia V Kuznetsova Doha 2004 final. I dont even remember taping it but I guess I was going through my obsessive stage. Anyway, does anyone know if it is possible to get that put onto the computer? and if so would anyone actually watch it?
:wavey:
Of course you can join the 3AM team ;)

About the tape, I don't really know. I never tried. I have a tv-tunner and it's easier for me.
You could ask at a electronics (tv & stuff department) shop

Aug 25th, 2005, 09:14 PM
:woohoo:

A..a...a..a..acceptance? :eek: :aparty:

Spunky83
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
:woohoo:

A..a...a..a..acceptance? :eek: :aparty:

:wavey: Hey there!

I am practically dying to see another Justine-Nastya match-up!!! :drool: As Justine had her slam this year, I want Nastya to go all the way :kiss:

Aug 25th, 2005, 09:26 PM
:wavey: I am still annoyed I never got to see the Olympics match, I couldnt get access to it at the time :sad:

martirogi
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:30 PM
GL is favoring myskina in her match vs momo. that would be amazing if she won.

welcome crazy named guy. :wavey:

selyoink
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Damn what a terrible draw. I guess Myskina is going to have to overcome Mauresmo unless someone else takes her down. She only avoided Clijsters. Oh well.

I know she can beat Amelie. She just never does.

martirogi
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:35 PM
if myskina plays momo agian i expect to see another video from lucas. ;)

selyoink
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
if myskina plays momo agian i expect to see another video from lucas. ;)

If she plays Amelie again I expect to be pretty pissed off about two hours after the match starts.

_LuCaS_
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Damn what a terrible draw. I guess Myskina is going to have to overcome Mauresmo unless someone else takes her down. She only avoided Clijsters. Oh well.

Nastya has to reach 4th round first :unsure:
Frazier is no pushover. Nor Lena L.

I know she can beat Amelie. She just never does.
She did once :p

if myskina plays momo agian i expect to see another video from lucas.

The further Nastya goes, the more I see her on ES, the better the video ;)

Spunky83
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Maybe Nastya can somehow transfer her Fed Cup feeling into that Momo-match...who knows? :lol:

Well, but I think Elena L. is the first hurdle she has to take. They both always played deeply weird matches in the past. Past as in last year (still canīt believe they met 5 times in just one year). I think Nastya commented on this situation once, saying how weird it is to play Elena again although theyīve never met prior to that (not counting the 2003 Doha final). Playing Elena is tough for her but I am sure she will breeze through. No matter how often Nastya says she didnīt like the US, she usually plays pretty well in those tourneys. Heard that Mummy Myskina comes along during the Open, so better be good Nastya;)

selyoink
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Elena L. does always trouble Nastya but I like Nastya's chances. She is the better player in every way. As for Frazier I'm not too concerned. That pale ghost hasn't done anything this year.

As for Mauresmo I actually think Nastya lost to her in Fed Cup 2003. Tells you how much Nastya hates her. The only win against her was Moscow final in 2003.

Spunky83
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:53 PM
LOL...I bought a six-pack of beer today right after I finished my last exam ever and the cashier accidently only scanned the barcode of one bottle instead of the actual one situated under the pack :lol:

70 Cents for 6 bottles, now thatīs nice!

This is a sign, from now on, I will have a lot of dumb luck! Come on Nastya;)

Aug 25th, 2005, 10:02 PM
welcome crazy named guy. :wavey:
:lol: It is Rob. Its how an american one pronounced my name and i found it unusually funny....but, :wavey:

Aug 25th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Okay what does the 3 bit stand for? I cant figure it out, is it really simple and i am being stupid?

_LuCaS_
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Have you checked her forum? The Nastya fans united thread? That's where it all started ;)

Aug 25th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks Lucas :yeah:

Spunky83
Aug 25th, 2005, 11:45 PM
:lol: It is Rob. Its how an american one pronounced my name and i found it unusually funny....but, :wavey:

:lol: Ok, Robbie :tape:

BTW: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=187845 Only Nastya has received no votes yet :eek: Either posters really donīt care or they are still feeling sorry for her. So we will be all happy and acceptive in case Nastya actually wins the USO :angel:

Almalyk
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:44 AM

BTW: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=187845 Only Nastya has received no votes yet :eek: Either posters really donīt care or they are still feeling sorry for her. So we will be all happy and acceptive in case Nastya actually wins the USO :angel:

I want Nastya to win the final 0-6 7-6 7-6 - what would a Nastya match be without a challenge from behind?

Aug 26th, 2005, 11:43 AM

She has two votes now,but i do think it shows that she is quite well liked generally by most posters wihch is a good ting :D I voted Sharapova :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I want Nastya to win the final 0-6 7-6 7-6 - what would a Nastya match be without a challenge from behind?

Isnīt it a pity that the USO is the only slam which does features a Tie Break in the decider? ;)

denine
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM
She has two votes now,but i do think it shows that she is quite well liked generally by most posters wihch is a good ting :D I voted Sharapova :rolleyes:
me too. sharapova has like a third of all the votes now.. :lol: :lol:

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM
me too. sharapova has like a third of all the votes now.. :lol: :lol:

Wondering who voted for her?!? :devil: :lol:

The lastest issue of the official German Tennis Magazine came in the mail today...so I flipped through the pages and hey! Guess whoīs featured as this monthīs poster-girl?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/50af4d5c.jpg :D

martirogi
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
of all the pics they could have chosen. it looks like she's a giraffe.

goldenlox
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Anastasia played Tammy once, in Doha 2003. Nastya won 6-3, 6-2.

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM
of all the pics they could have chosen. it looks like she's a giraffe.

:lol: No, actually it looks pretty nice. Iīve took the pic with my mobile cam, kinda makes it looks weirder than it actually is.

_LuCaS_
Aug 26th, 2005, 07:23 PM

The lastest issue of the official German Tennis Magazine came in the mail today...so I flipped through the pages and hey! Guess whoīs featured as this monthīs poster-girl?

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: HOT

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 07:56 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: HOT

Thought so too when I saw it...itīs nice they chose her this month. Guess it would even look better with an autograph on it. Hehe, a new task for myself :D

Aug 26th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I like that pic, can anyone figure out where it was taken by working out from the background alone?

Also, after being here since October I just found a little button that lets you change the colour of the whole site which is pretty cool - i like blue so now its blue and blacky colour, really like it :D

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I like that pic, can anyone figure out where it was taken by working out from the background alone?

Also, after being here since October I just found a little button that lets you change the colour of the whole site which is pretty cool - i like blue so now its blue and blacky colour, really like it :D

Eastbourneī05;)

More: http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/eastbourne05/index.htm

JLDementieva
Aug 26th, 2005, 08:40 PM

damn!! well that would never happen in the American tennis magazine, that's for sure! :mad:

Aug 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Eastbourneī05;)

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
damn!! well that would never happen in the American tennis magazine, that's for sure! :mad:

Yeah well you know...we already had Anna L Groenefeld as poster girl and Tommy Haas as poster boy and Steffi Graf but I doubt anyone wants to have a poster of Boris Becker up on their wall :o , so in the last issues there were Elena D., Marat Safin, Kim, Nadal and Nastya this month :kiss:

BTW, I didnīt know you lived in the US?

frenchie
Aug 26th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Eastbourneī05;)

OMG Nastya's body is a thing of beauty :drool: :lick: :kiss:

BTW Am I the only one to think Nastya has a chance against Mauresmo if they reaches the 4th round?
Hard court is not the best surface for Amélie and today she played like shit against Medina Garrigues

miffedmax
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah well you know...we already had Anna L Groenefeld as poster girl and Tommy Haas as poster boy and Steffi Graf but I doubt anyone wants to have a poster of Boris Becker up on their wall :o , so in the last issues there were Elena D., Marat Safin, Kim, Nadal and Nastya this month :kiss:

Gee, Spunky, old buddy, old pal, old friend of mine, any chance of the shot from last month's issue showing up here or in another wtaworld group I've been known to frequent?

If it's not too much trouble.

martirogi
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:45 PM
i agree miffedmax. :yeah:

thanks for the eastbourne link lucas. good thing my computer isn't being ridiculous.

martirogi
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:08 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/50af4d5c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/trianon/untitled.jpg

:scared:

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/trianon/untitled.jpg

:scared:

Ok...shut it martirogi :lol:

It just looks like that because of the bulges of the magazine. It does look really, really normal ;)

Spunky83
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Gee, Spunky, old buddy, old pal, old friend of mine, any chance of the shot from last month's issue showing up here or in another wtaworld group I've been known to frequent?

If it's not too much trouble.

You want to know how the Lena-poster looked like or do I just donīt understand your post? If so...yeah, of course. Tomorrow! My oh so brilliant mobile cam doesnīt really like artificial light

selyoink
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:28 AM
That is a very pretty giraffe :hearts:

Wait you're telling me that isn't a giraffe? It is Nastya? Wow!

JLDementieva
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:17 AM

BTW, I didnīt know you lived in the US?
oh you get Elena and Nastya too! lucky!
Yeah I live in the US, have been here for like 12 years, but originally from Taiwan :D

martirogi
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:56 PM
last night i had a dream that i had a mansion apartment in nyc and i rented out rooms to demen, venus, serena, davy, and clijsters during us open. demen def venus in the final 63, 64.

why were my dreams about these people and not my favorites. :o

frenchie
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Which channels broadcast the US open in your countries? :confused:

This year I have the chance to follow all the tourny thanks to Eurosport great coverage!! But I will be able to switch to other matches because I have RTBF 2 (a belgian channel) which also covers the event ;)

I can't wait to see Nastya and my other faves!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Aug 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I have Sky Sports which have rights to the US Open and they are giving us five interactive screens to watch. However, i wont get to see most of this due to their been only one TV in our house that can activate this and my father will want to use it :fiery: And also, knowing Sky Sports, it will be five Mens matches, or Sharapova :rolleyes: (not if she loses first round :D :tape: Goooo Eleni!)

I also get to watch Europsort's coverage too, again, thats if my dad isnt home

_LuCaS_
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:15 PM
I don't have ES2 and I fear the first 2 rounds of Nastya will be there LIVE (considering her seed, it's unlikely she'll be on ES1 LIVE :( )

goldenlox
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Tricky match-ups for Thai stars

Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn faces a tough task in the opening round of the US Open when she faces 13th seed, Anastasia Myskina of Russia.

Myskina won the French Open last year. She has not been in quite the same form this year but is still a formidable opponent for Tamarine who has not played for some time owing to an ankle injury.

In the men's event Paradorn Srichaphan will take on Moroccan veteran Younes El Aynaoui.

If he wins, he will play the winner of the match between sixth seed Nikolay Davydenko of Russia and Tomas Zib of the Czech Republic.

Aug 27th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Muhahaha I have been a naughty boy today :angel:

I started a thread to trick people into thinking Serena Williams had withdrawn for like a split second(until they opened the entire thread). Then lots of other idiots started copying my idea and just took it really really out of control and everyione complained nblah blah blah. The admins deleted myt thgread and all the others and threatened to suspend us :sad: :devil: My aim was to cause some exictement but i never thought this much :haha: I am so happy right now :D

_LuCaS_
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Avoiding a suspension Rob? :lol:

_LuCaS_
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I didn't see your post above :lol:
But I knew this would happen

Aug 27th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Well yeah i guess i am but I am pretty unkown here and i was hoping i would get myself some attention for once :angel: I never thought it would grow that 'out of hand' though.

Also, I feel rude speaking to you and not knowing your name? Is your name Lucas? I also dont know Spunkys name either , I need to know peoples names :)

_LuCaS_
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:31 PM
You got almost as many post as I do and you're unknown? :eek:
You didn't join any fanbase ?
My name is Lucian but Lucas it's ok too ;)
Spunky's name is Yee Wah

Aug 27th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks:) No, I didnt join any fanbase at all. I dont know why, because my Myskina obession brought me here in the first place and i just sort of floated. I got friends over in GTL and some of the games threads though

_LuCaS_
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:45 PM
One more thing. Careful with Spunky :secret:

Aug 27th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Lmao.

I would like to gather more sources before i investigate thankyou ;)

Okay nosey again. Can i ask how old you guys are? I am nearly 17, and I act really maturely for my age :rolleyes: apartfromthefakethreads

_LuCaS_
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:59 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=166277

Aug 27th, 2005, 11:04 PM

Spunky83
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:14 PM
One more thing. Careful with Spunky :secret:

:angel:

frenchie
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:14 PM
So it seems Nastya will play on Tuesday!
Hope she gets a decent court

IMO Tamarine won't be a problem for her. I saw their previous meeting in Dubai and Nastya was really in control throughout the match. Moreover Tammy is back from injury and was in a slump before

_LuCaS_
Aug 28th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I need a showcourt
ES better show it :fiery:
She should roll grandma in straight sets :tennis:

Daniel
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Nastya will beat Tamarine :) and i hope her ankle is ok .

This year the USO has to be very good for Anastasia. :bounce: :D :worship:

Daniel
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:45 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jon_wertheim/08/24/usopen.women/1.html

13. Anastasia Myskina. After a forgettable spring and early summer. Myskina has shown signs of life lately. But one suspects that -- quite understandably -- her head is elsewhere.

Almalyk
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:00 AM
I hope Nastya is ready to rock! Grand Slams are the only time I ever see her on TV - so lets get ready to rock!

Good Luck Anastasia - you have little to defend so go for it babe!

denine
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:22 AM
what time is her match?

Aug 29th, 2005, 10:29 AM
we dont know yet because OOP is only out for Monday and she plays Tuesday:D

Shoulderpova
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Go Nastya :banana:

goldenlox
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:12 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/08/29/sports/29injuries.184.jpg
Splints and tape supported Anastasia Myskina's left ankle during the quarterfinals and semifinals at the Rogers Cup this month.

Aug 29th, 2005, 03:13 PM
That looks so industrial I hope she is ok

sinterklaasje
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Which channels broadcast the US open in your countries? :confused:

This year I have the chance to follow all the tourny thanks to Eurosport great coverage!! But I will be able to switch to other matches because I have RTBF 2 (a belgian channel) which also covers the event ;)

I can't wait to see Nastya and my other faves!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Yeah, thank god I can watch RTBF2, coz I don't have Eurosport, ESPN or whatsoever :o
Hope I can see Nastya play, so pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzze RTBF2, show some of her matches instead of all the Federer-Roddick-Henin-Clijsters-Sharapova matches. Thank you!

Davaï Nastya :bounce:

frenchie
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, thank god I can watch RTBF2, coz I don't have Eurosport, ESPN or whatsoever :o
Hope I can see Nastya play, so pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzze RTBF2, show some of her matches instead of all the Federer-Roddick-Henin-Clijsters-Sharapova matches. Thank you!

Davaï Nastya :bounce:

I doubt RTBF2 shows her match :rolleyes:

miffedmax
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:47 PM
You want to know how the Lena-poster looked like or do I just donīt understand your post? If so...yeah, of course. Tomorrow! My oh so brilliant mobile cam doesnīt really like artificial light

It would be great if you could post it, or in the ED 2005 photos forum so that other ED fans could enjoy, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks. You rock.

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Nastya vs. Tanasugarn: 2nd match after 11 am on court 10...hope Nastya will take earplugs along with her;) At least itīs a court covered by cameras.

frenchie
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Nastya vs. Tanasugarn: 2nd match after 11 am on court 10...hope Nastya will take earplugs along with her;) At least itīs a court covered by cameras.

There are cameras :eek:
Maybe I'll see her match as the match before includes Monfils and eurosport France loves him ;)

angiee3
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:15 AM

yeah that would probably never happen.
I buy the tennis magazine here and sharapova is like in every other page.. :rolleyes: :fiery:

Almalyk
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Good Luck tommorrow Anastasia! Tamarine has had her fair share of problems this year too... I hope you are feeling well prepared.

selyoink
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Kick her ass Nastya!

denine
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:50 PM
come on nastya! :bounce:

Task
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Good luck Anastasia :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Harju.
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Udachi Nastya :banana:

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Good luck girl :hug:

Aug 30th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Yey Nastya is on court 10, but she is second on, it depends how long the first mens match lasts, if it is 2 sets i might just be bale to get to watch her but i am not sure

miffedmax
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I just hope for another Lena/Nasty matchup.

I'll be happy with that, even if Nasty wins. Again.

frenchie
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Monfils/Djokovic is going to be in 5 sets!
I can't wait to see Nastya
What do you think she'll wear?

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I have hopes for a latex outfit, but that's not gonna happen too soon :sad:

martirogi
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:05 PM
fucking mens match. now i have no chance to see her. stupid classes. :hysteric: :sobbing:

frenchie
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:15 PM
fucking mens match. now i have no chance to see her. stupid classes. :hysteric: :sobbing:

Djokovic is showing signs of weakness.
Maybe there will be a retirement :confused:

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Monfils/Djokovic is going to be in 5 sets!
I can't wait to see Nastya
What do you think she'll wear?

Oh fuck...I thought Monfils won with the bagel in the fourth...guess who canīt read the scoreboard decently? Me :tape:

I think Iīve heard the commentator saying that they will cover Kieferīs match :o :o :o I really donīt need to see Kiefer with his ever annoying behaviour on court :o

frenchie
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Oh fuck...I thought Monfils won with the bagel in the fourth...guess who canīt read the scoreboard decently? Me :tape:

I think Iīve heard the commentator saying that they will cover Kieferīs match :o :o :o I really donīt need to see Kiefer with his ever annoying behaviour on court :o

I like Kiefer :cool:
Djokovicnearly can't move anymore :eek:

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Anastasia is playing doubles with Miyagi

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I like Kiefer :cool:
Djokovicnearly can't move anymore :eek:

Yep...with his hands shaking and stuff, would he please just retire? For the sake of his health and for the sake of us?

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Anastasia is playing doubles with Miyagi

When was the last time, she played with a fellow Russian?

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:52 PM
She was playing with Vera this spring. I thought she might team up with Elena L., but she's with Maleeva.

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:03 PM
She was playing with Vera this spring. I thought she might team up with Elena L., but she's with Maleeva.

Weird...I thought because of Veraīs withdrawal she would play with Elena...weird, weird. Maybe Nastya just wants to have fun in doubles.

Aug 30th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I am so pissed off - i had like four hours capable of watching the tennis, and that stupid mens match llasted way too long, it was shit aswell, and to add to my annoyance i fucking hate that dickhead monfils aghh!! :fiery:

Number19
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Yep...with his hands shaking and stuff, would he please just retire? For the sake of his health and for the sake of us?

I didn't see what happen but he's winning now 6-5. Soon Nastya. Hopefully. Even though its not like USA is gonna show her.

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Nastya wins the 1st set 6-3 :yeah: :D

miffedmax
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Lena D. and Nasty playing at the same time. My heart could go at any moment. It's been nice knowing y'all. (although Nasty is not up to her usual highjinks).

cindy
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I don't want to be too much positive but I think she'll do it...but well with her we can't really know...let's hope!

KV
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Nastya with MP 6-3 5-1*

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Nastya wins 6-3 6-1 :woohoo:
Solid win :yeah:

selyoink
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Nastya cruises into the next round with a 6-3, 6-1 drubbing of Tamarine.

And I actually got to see some of it on TV.

Nastya was wearing her Roland Garros outfit only with a blue top and black shorts. She looked so sexy and hot. :drool:

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:35 PM
6-3 6-1...wow, a match without me having heartattacks, without screaming and cursing at the screen, nothing. I was even able to eat and talking to my friend at the same time.

THIS IS HOW ITīS DONE!!!

Roll Nastya;)

KV
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Indeed solid win :D

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:36 PM

Nastya was wearing her Roland Garros outfit only with a blue top and black shorts. She looked so sexy and hot. :drool:
I want pics !!! :hearts:

cindy
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I'm so happy!!! and in 2 little sets she will not be to much tired...well done nastya! keep on playing that way!

Josh810
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:37 PM

Holy crap, ESPN showed more than 1 game! :D
Didn't like the comment about Myskina probably not winning another slam though... :(

selyoink
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I want pics !!! :hearts:

I also want pics and I got to see her. She looked absolutely stunning.

selyoink
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Myskina had 21 winners to 23 unforced errors. That is pretty good for her.

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Myskina had 21 winners to 23 unforced errors. That is pretty good for her.

Didnīt she even hit two aces in her last service game? :eek:

Great stats overall, especially the winners at the net (8/9)...not bad.

miffedmax
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Well, I'm glad Nasty had an easy one.

At least I can fantasize about my dream semi for a day or two.

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:44 PM
:banana: I got to see the winning point
She was DAMN HOT in that outfit :hearts: :drool:
The crowd seemed to enjoy it too :hehehe: ;)

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
:banana: I got to see the winning point
She was DAMN HOT in that outfit :hearts: :drool:
The crowd seemed to enjoy it too :hehehe: ;)

I wanna see it :sad:

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
176 km/h serve maximum...

sinterklaasje
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:49 PM
great win :banana:
stats look decent to me, but of course, with the crappy TV channels I've got here in Belgium, I didn't see a single game :mad:
well, I'm hopeful to see some of her matches the next days
udachi Nastya :worship: :kiss: :banana:

Almalyk
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Good Work Anastasia! I followed the second set, and i'm pleased with your form! Losing only 1 point on your serve is unheard of for you (Set 2)! Congrats!

Mathijs
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Well done Nastya :yeah:, good win, pity i couldn't see the match but i am really happy you've won this one, now good luck for the next round on the USO!! :bounce:

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:57 PM
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/1040/statsmyskinatanas6hq.jpg
I like the stats :D

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I wanna see it :sad:

Just saw it...has she changed her hair colour?

selyoink
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Just saw it...has she changed her hair colour?

I think she might have had some blonde streaks not sure. I was too busy cleaning the drool off my keyboard.

_LuCaS_
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:39 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:49 PM
I think she might have had some blonde streaks not sure. I was too busy cleaning the drool off my keyboard.

I am soooo glad, you wrote "drool"

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:57 PM
pretty good win, nice and comfortable today.
she looked really good out there :D :)

Nastya............ go get revenge for last yrs Wimbledon now :fiery:
Amy Frazier is next.

frenchie
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:58 PM

I saw a little of red in her hair :confused:
From what I saw she was playing really well, hitting hard FH, serving well, and using all her finesse game (nice lob)

That sounds good guys :bounce:

miffedmax
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:25 PM

Nasty . . . she of the "brunette" t-shirts . . . with BLONDE streaks?

Oh, Spunky, you know what this means . . .
:lol: ;) :devil: :eek: :lol:

Aug 30th, 2005, 11:27 PM
I just watched from like 4-1 final set and from what I saw I am so happy she looks such a better player and her power was there and :woohoo: for an overall good match:D

JLDementieva
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Nastya looked good out there today, i think she's going to do well here!! :bounce:

frenchie
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Nastya looked good out there today, i think she's going to do well here!! :bounce:

A 4th round is likely to happen but I'm scared she has to face Momo :mad:

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Nasty . . . she of the "brunette" t-shirts . . . with BLONDE streaks?

Oh, Spunky, you know what this means . . .
:lol: ;) :devil: :eek: :lol:

:lol: ...no, no...I think itīs red :p

Derek.
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Well done Nastya! :banana:
You seemed to be playing well form what I saw! :yeah:

cerbero
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:18 AM
Hope they'll show it on ES...and nice outfit... :devil:

martirogi
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:39 AM
:yeah: nastya. solid win.

she's playing doubles with the fucking NANA again. :armed:

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:53 AM
Hey, "fucking" Nana is a good friend of Nastya...thatīs mean.

jmcfarla
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:06 AM
Only got to see the final set but it was like watching the old Nastya. Running down every ball, hitting unlikely winners, hitting good deep groundstrokes and looking comfortable with her game.:)

I know it is only the first round, but I think there is every reason to be optomistic. :bounce:

Myskina Fan
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:32 AM
Sounds like she played really well which is good to hear! Good luck in round 2 Nastya

ys
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:55 AM
very good match, baby..:)

martirogi
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:06 AM
she plays frazier next. get some wimbly 04 revenge. :boxing:

Almalyk
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:17 AM
Good luck vs Frazier baby!

angiee3
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:21 PM
very well done. best of luck against Frazier!!!

_LuCaS_
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:21 PM
Myskina Rushes to the Second Round
by William Toussaint
Tuesday, August 30, 2005

No. 13 seed Anastasia Myskina couldn't help but let a small smile shine briefly after she defeated unseeded Thai opponent Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-3, 6-1 in the first round of the US Open women's singles.

The hour-long match was similarly brief, although during the swelter and momentary uncertainty of the first set, Myskina appeared irritated with her inability to put Tanasugarn away quicker.

Myskina fell behind 3-2 in the first set, but used her booming two-handed backhand and superior athleticism to stymie Tanasugarn and take control of the remainder of the match.

The 24-year-old Russian ? best known for her 2004 French Open victory ? lost early in the second round of the US Open last year, losing to unseeded fellow Russian Anna Chakvetadze.

Myskina will face Amy Frazier in the second round Wednesday. Frazier defeated fellow American Carly Gullickson 6-4, 7-5.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/photo_galleries/4199228.stm

Click to pic 10 out of 11..."Anastasia Myskina has an unusually straightforward win over Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn", gotta love the Brits :lol:

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:31 PM
It's good to see Anastasia playing well. No reason she can't get back to her best form.

frenchie
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:06 PM
OMG I just came back home from a tourny and I'm so tired because of the heat :eek:

I won against a player ranked higher than me :worship: but the score is very strange 6/2-0/6-6/0 :lol:
Actually I broke the string of my racket after the first set and I had to take my brother's racket which is different (my second racket was already with a broken string :rolleyes: )
After that, I just couldn't put a fucking ball in the fucking court :fiery: and I tanked the second set :tape:
After the second set I took a bathroom break to regroup and I came back firering winners from everywhere (I'm exagerating a little here ;) )

All this story to say that tennis is a headcase sport :lol:

martirogi
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:49 PM
maybe karatantcheva will take out momo. not bloody likely, but possible.

selyoink
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:48 PM
Well I'm confident Nastya will get past Frazier as well. I think she may crush her also.

And I'm unusually optimistic about her chances against Mauresmo. I just have a good feeling about this US Open.

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:53 PM
Anastasia needed to get past the FO. Just like Sveta needs to get past this US Open.
Now the pressure is off them, and they can focus better.

miffedmax
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:17 PM
I still say it was the curse of beating Lena D that did them in.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:19 PM
I still say it was the curse of beating Lena D that did them in.

Welcome to the blonde side :devil:

_LuCaS_
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:37 PM
No Thursday OOP yet?

frenchie
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:42 PM
No Thursday OOP yet?

No :confused:

I think there's a chance to see Nastya on Arthur Ash (maybe a night session) :angel:

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:45 PM
Iīd say she will play on Armstrong...wonīt be outside court (at least I hope so), they canīt do that to Frazier, that woman is an slam icon!

_LuCaS_
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:47 PM
Iīd say she will play on Armstrong...wonīt be outside court (at least I hope so), they canīt do that to Frazier, that woman is an slam icon!
Sure no Ash but Armstrong would be nice...that means ES too I think

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:51 PM
Sure no Ash but Armstrong would be nice...that means ES too I think

Yes, of course;)

Itīs supposed to rain in the evening in NY so maybe they still wait a bit before announcing the new schedule.

BTW: Hope Nastya eats a lot of donuts today, otherwise she would be blown away on court tomorrow :tape:

_LuCaS_
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:04 PM
She will fly reaching the balls. Talk about quick girl. ;)

martirogi
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:14 PM
she's second on court 11 after a men's match. hopefully this one is shorter. :o
doubles on the very last court, forget the number, last on.

_LuCaS_
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:21 PM
Great :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 12:10 AM
she's second on court 11 after a men's match. hopefully this one is shorter. :o
doubles on the very last court, forget the number, last on.

Hehe...yep;)

At least itīs another showcourt. Make it Wimby-style...if she wins that one tomorrow, she will play on 10 or 11 again and then 4th round versus Momo on Center...deja-vu! Hopefully this time with another ending.

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 12:34 AM
I'm just glad it shouldn't conflict with my schedule of classes tomorrow.

Josh810
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:22 AM
I'm just glad it shouldn't conflict with my schedule of classes tomorrow.
Yeah, I got lucky this week. Classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

cindy
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:58 AM
Well I'm confident Nastya will get past Frazier as well. I think she may crush her also.

And I'm unusually optimistic about her chances against Mauresmo. I just have a good feeling about this US Open.

I don't know why but me too!
goldenlox I don't think that nastya "needed to get past the FO" I don't think that pressure is a real problem to her and if her mum wasn't ill I'm pretty sure that she could have done something good
I mean look at the fedcup...she has a lot of pressure on her (I guess) and she always plays her best tennis....
as for sveta I completly agree with you

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 12:35 PM
I don't know why but me too!
goldenlox I don't think that nastya "needed to get past the FO" I don't think that pressure is a real problem to her and if her mum wasn't ill I'm pretty sure that she could have done something good
I mean look at the fedcup...she has a lot of pressure on her (I guess) and she always plays her best tennis....
as for sveta I completly agree with you

Yep...same here, the main reason for her slump was her mum being ill. She said she had problems with her shoulder and also being tired but I guess that was just a part of all the stress (and a good excuse). Ever since Eastbourne - where she told the media that her motherīs health actually got better - sheīs been playing a lot, lot better and she also looks much better on court. Always said that as long as mum didnīt get better, she herself wonīt get better and hey, it worked!

Her on-court little "oh-I-am-stupid-but-letīs-go-on"-dance is back after certain unforced errors. You know the pirouette she did a lot in the past. I am pretty optimistic, not saying that she will beat Momo but I just hope that she believes in her chances no matter what.

cindy
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:10 PM
if the pirouette is back....no reason to fear anymore!!!! ;) :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:25 PM
if the pirouette is back....no reason to fear anymore!!!! ;) :lol:

Exactly! :lol: Everything is fine.

martirogi
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:17 PM
im excited about nastya's chances too. i think she'll win her next two matches in easy straight setters and then she battles momo. and if she wins she'll have a night watch with justine. sounds like an amazing dream, but it's very possible.

i think the pressure of french open had a little to do with her slump. on hardcourts early in the year she was at least winning some matches, but as soon as they got to clay she lost to everyone. but of course her mother was the big thing.

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:34 PM
I think Anastasia's first round match at RG was like Sveta's in NY.
They would have lost to anyone.

But that's over now. It's time to get in top form, and be a real factor next week.

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:02 PM
im excited about nastya's chances too. i think she'll win her next two matches in easy straight setters and then she battles momo. and if she wins she'll have a night watch with justine. sounds like an amazing dream, but it's very possible.

JINX, JINX, JINX :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:lol: I wonīt survive that!

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:13 PM
Its interesting that none of us seem to be expecting any rollercoaster rides until her potential match against Mauresmo. We are no longer greatly worried about every match as we have been to this point. I hope we are all right.

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
Its interesting that none of us seem to be expecting any rollercoaster rides until her potential match against Mauresmo. We are no longer greatly worried about every match as we have been to this point. I hope we are all right.
Don't be hasty
Not an easy one today. Frazier did beat her at Wimbledon

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:29 PM

Frazier should be ok...imo, Elena L. is the first hurdle :eek:

martirogi
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:49 PM
she'll lose 7 games or less to frazier. :angel:

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:43 PM
Don't be hasty
Not an easy one today. Frazier did beat her at Wimbledon

Well too late. I'm being hasty. I fully expect Nastya to dominate her and win convincingly.

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:49 PM
Damn...Robredo/guga tied at 1-1 set...have the feeling Schuttler/Haas and ALG will play when Nastya plays. Great

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM
And I fully expect you to burst into tears if that doesn't happen :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:57 PM

Actually it kinda looks like Guga has some bad back pain...however, of course I prefer to watch Germans play :angel: :tape:

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:58 PM
If you don't get the match on tv, you can see pics of it -

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/netcam/index.html

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:59 PM
If you don't get the match on tv, you can see pics of it -

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/netcam/index.html

:lol: Thanks but as I have already seen her outfit, I wanna have some vivid moving pictures. Well, whatever, I just go eat dinner then ;)

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM

Well I won't cry if she wins in three sets but if she loses yes I may cry. More likely I'll just curse Nastya for a little while.

If this Guga/Robredo match doesn't end soon I'll probably have to miss most of the Nastya match because of class. :fiery:

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:10 PM
You don't skip class to see Nastya? :eek: :smash:

selyoink
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:20 PM
You don't skip class to see Nastya? :eek: :smash:

I'm having the class for the first time. Probably should be their and see what it is about. Even though my roommate is in the same class. He won't go if I don't though.

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:25 PM
I'm having the class for the first time.
Awww :baby: :hug:
School is cool, you'll like it

cerbero
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:28 PM
Hey Kuerten hurry up...

_LuCaS_
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:30 PM
No no, Robredo must hurry

cerbero
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:39 PM
To clear things, Kuerten beat Robredo as fast as you can...