PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

selyoink
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:12 AM
If she doesn't play San Diego which she isn't scheduled to then she will lose a lot of points.

_LuCaS_
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:37 AM
If she doesn't play San Diego which she isn't scheduled to then she will lose a lot of points.
She wants a break. She deserves it.
Her chances of getting to YEC this year are almost non existant. She'll probably fall 2 or 3 places in the rankings at most. Us Open is her main chance of revival, ranking-wise.

martirogi
Jul 11th, 2005, 01:41 PM
she'll make yec when she wins us open :bounce: :bounce:

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:38 PM
She still does has chances to reach the YEC. Nastya is always a good indoor player. Still I guess it not really a priority right now, but I think she has really found inspiration on court (even though itīs more off-court related) and she enjoys winning again. She must be pissed to have "missed" the whole first half of the season and she probably would love to do well for the rest of the year. Maybe she reaches the YEC, maybe not...but sheīs playing quite well again, so itīs a matter of time. If not this year, then very likely next year;)

I think it was the Associated Press who said that Nastya finally plays like the Grand Slam champion she is...itīs going up, I am sure;)

BTW: Have you guys noticed her use of the word "definetly" by now? Especially check out the Fed Cup interviews :lol:

selyoink
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I agree with Lucas that she has almost no chance at YEC. I just think she should play San Diego rather than a tier IV. She needs to play against the competition San Diego would offer her rather than a Tier IV.

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I agree with Lucas that she has almost no chance at YEC. I just think she should play San Diego rather than a tier IV. She needs to play against the competition San Diego would offer her rather than a Tier IV.

Maybe she just wanted to have at least one tourney win this year :tape: ...I think it would be maybe also good for confidence to maybe ease through such a tourney, besides...money, money, money (itīs a fact)

Nahh...ok, what do we have for the rest of the year:

- Aug 8 Nordea Nordic Light Open, Stockholm

- Aug 15 Rogers Cup Toronto

- Aug 29 US Open Flushing Meadows, NY

- Sept 12 Fed Cup Final TBA

- Oct 3 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix Filderstadt

- Oct 10 Kremlin Cup Moscow

- Oct 24 Generali Ladies Linz presented by Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich Linz

or

- Oct 31 Advanta Championships Philadelphia, PA

- Nov 7 WTA Tour Championships presented by Porsche Los Angeles, CA

Theoretically she can make it, but it would be pretty hard. Anyway, I wonīt repeat myself.

_LuCaS_
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
She's now on #21 with 771 pts.
Schnyder's on 8th with 1687 pts.
A tier 4, two tier 2, two tier 1 and a GS. Not impossible but highly unlikely. Serena, Lena and Sveta are also fighting for a spot in the YEC.

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I don't think she's going to make the YEC. She needed that Mauresmo match at Wimbledon. That match was worth about 300 points.
But she can stay in the top 10, with a good summer and fall.

_LuCaS_
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Of all the QF opponents she had to run into her nemesis :(

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:36 PM
She's beaten Mauresmo before, but Amelie played well at Wimbledon. Almost made the final.

_LuCaS_
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Wish she almost made the semifinal :)
If Russia wins Fed Cup it will be ok...forget YEC :p

Derek.
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:57 PM
It'll be weird to see Nastya not in the YEC. She was a set away from the final last year.

selyoink
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Her not making YEC championships isn't a big deal to me. I have known for a while now that she wouldn't this year. I just want the rest of her season to go well. I really want a great performance at the US Open. Semi-finals would be fantastic. Of course I prefer she win it but I can't get my hopes too high.

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I guess her smiling again is the biggest win she can get this year so far;)

The rest will come when it comes

martirogi
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:27 PM
i think her goal for the rest of the year should be to defend kremlin cup. how many players have done a threepeat at tier 1. :hearts: and of course fed cup should be 2nd goal.

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:45 PM
i think her goal for the rest of the year should be to defend kremlin cup. how many players have done a threepeat at tier 1. :hearts: and of course fed cup should be 2nd goal.

Yep by beating Shutupova on the road to the threepeat :angel:

ys
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM
i think her goal for the rest of the year should be to defend kremlin cup. how many players have done a threepeat at tier 1.

Serena did it at Miami. Hingis did it at something bigger - AO. Graf did multiple times at many tournaments. Seles did it at AO too. The only tournament that is practically impossible to threepeat is Olympics.. :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2005, 05:06 PM
How many players win a Tier I twice in their home town?

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Serena did it at Miami. Hingis did it at something bigger - AO. Graf did multiple times at many tournaments. Seles did it at AO too. The only tournament that is practically impossible to threepeat is Olympics.. :lol:

Those are nice names...

_LuCaS_
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
How many players win a Tier I twice in their home town?
heh ;)
I think we know who's the crowd's favourite

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:29 PM
http://cache-1.sportinglife.com/pictures/general/myskinafedcup.jpg Myskina - defeated Jill Craybas.
MARVELLOUS MYSKINA SEES OFF USA

Anastasia Myskina did not let a thigh injury or a late substitution stop her from giving Russia a chance to defend their Fed Cup title.

Myskina posted a 6-2 6-4 victory over Jill Craybas to clinch the semi-final tie against the United States on Sunday.

The victory gave the Russians an insurmountable 3-1 lead and advanced them to the final for a rematch with France on September 17-18.

It also marked the first time in five tries that Russia have beaten the US in a Fed Cup tie.

The US have won the Fed Cup 17 times - more than any other nation - but last won the title in 2000 and were without Lindsay Davenport and Serena Williams for this semi-final.

Craybas was a last-minute substitution by US captain Zina Garrison, who opted for the veteran over Mashona Washington, who lost her first career Fed Cup match against Elena Dementieva on Saturday. But Craybas was no match for Myskina, who is ranked 10th in the world.

The 2004 French Open champion, Myskina was cruising with a 3-0 lead in the second set when she began to experience pain in her left thigh. After holding serve for a 4-2 lead, Myskina received treatment and then lost the next two games.

However, Myskina then broke Craybas, who knocked out Williams in the third round of Wimbledon, and held serve to close out the match.

Earlier, Venus Williams bounced back from a disappointing loss on Saturday with a 6-1 6-2 victory over Dementieva to pull the Americans within 2-1.

After winning Wimbledon last week, Williams was beaten by Myskina 5-7 6-4 6-2 in Saturday's first match. Dementieva followed with a win over Washington to give Russia a 2-0 lead.

Williams needed just one hour, four minutes to beat Dementieva on Sunday.

She won four straight games in the first set to take a 5-1 lead and won four of the first five games of the second set.

"It was difficult to find energy after playing for so many weeks and coming off Wimbledon," Williams said. "I definitely was not at my best. This was disappointing for the whole team."

Vera Douchevina and Dinara Safina beat Williams and Corina Morariu in doubles 6-1 7-5 to complete Russia's 4-1 victory.

frenchie
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:39 PM
OMG I nearly failed at my exams because of Nastya!! :eek:

Today I went to check my results. This year was a very important one for me (2nd year at university). Fortunately I succeeded with 10.1/20! :tape:
The thing is I got a 0/20 at a subject because I didn't pass the test. I clearly remember that day: I decided to stay at home because I noticed Eurosport would broadcast Nastya's match against Schruff at Berlin. Without this 0/20 I would have around 11.5/20 :worship:

Now I realize how crazy I was to do risk my year to see a "wonderful" performance by Nastya :tape:
At least it shows how devoted I am to nastya. I am her biggest fan :angel:

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:53 PM
OMG I nearly failed at my exams because of Nastya!! :eek:

Today I went to check my results. This year was a very important one for me (2nd year at university). Fortunately I succeeded with 10.1/20! :tape:
The thing is I got a 0/20 at a subject because I didn't pass the test. I clearly remember that day: I decided to stay at home because I noticed Eurosport would broadcast Nastya's match against Schruff at Berlin. Without this 0/20 I would have around 11.5/20 :worship:

Now I realize how crazy I was to do risk my year to see a "wonderful" performance by Nastya :tape:
At least it shows how devoted I am to nastya. I am her biggest fan :angel:

Uhhhhh...even though it seems like the only thing I do is to talk, play, think and write about tennis, I just received my 7th A-grade in a row :devil: :lol:

And that guy from who I bought the Vera-Nastya San Diego match has all the Fed Cup matches on DVD. Including shipping 10 Dollars/match worldwide...I am looking forward to the Venus match;) Yay!

frenchie
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Uhhhhh...even though it seems like the only thing I do is to talk, play, think and write about tennis, I just received my 7th A-grade in a row :devil: :lol:

And that guy from who I bought the Vera-Nastya San Diego match has all the Fed Cup matches on DVD. Including shipping 10 Dollars/match worldwide...I am looking forward to the Venus match;) Yay!

Congratulations
But can you tell me how you study and follow tennis at the same time?
In France my exams are always the week after Roland garros so I spend a little time studying and a long long time watching matches...
It should be the opposite :rolleyes:

_LuCaS_
Jul 11th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I am looking forward to the Venus match;) Yay!
You know what to do ;)

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
[B]

Congratulations
But can you tell me how you study and follow tennis at the same time?
In France my exams are always the week after Roland garros so I spend a little time studying and a long long time watching matches...
It should be the opposite :rolleyes:

Yes, Lucas and Frenchie: I am a smartass;)

Ok, serious now: I most often chose to write term papers for seminars (instead of oral or written tests) to get grades, meaning deadlineīs either the 31st March or 30th September. Up to twenty pages about a topic I have chosen. Besides...I study Media and Culture not Medicine or Law, so watching a movie and analyze it, is not that much of a big deal. I would just do reasearch and write the papers when thereīs no match on. Thatīs basically it.

Now I will have to watch "I, Robot". Yeah, go on, laugh about me;)

But I intend to ask for an internship for Tennis Magazine Germany, so maybe I can combine hobby and work later... :eek: :D

Daniel
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Well done Nastya, she won again the decisiv ematches for Russia, she is getting her form again :yeah: :D

Spunky83
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:53 PM
I soooo want a rematch Venus vs. Nastya in the finals of Stockholm...Nastya of course winning again and the board will go nuts. Even nutsier than it already is.

Yay! Rock on, Nastya!!!

fleur137
Jul 11th, 2005, 11:04 PM
I guess her smiling again is the biggest win she can get this year so far

The rest will come when it comes
Yeah, that really is the most important thing. A sad Nastya = a dull day (no more rollercoaster ride too...)

Oh and is Venus going to Stockholm as well? I would have thought she would go to something higher...

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 05:44 PM
http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/1310/s004fbf89dv.jpg
Now this is a good pic :hehehe:
"Easy Jens, mommy's watching"

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Going to Sweden has to be about an appearance fee. There's no prizemoney at this Tier IV.
The advantage of California is that there isn't a lot of traveling. So you can play 2 of them. And if you lose early in one, then play the third one.

Going to Sweden to play a Tier IV is unusual. But if Venus is doing it also, the money up front must be good.

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Maybe Jens and Nastya want some time off ... far from the media :p

Spunky83
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Maybe Jens and Nastya want some time off ... far from the media :p

Yeah and Mr. Icehockey will beat the crap out of poor Jens...nooooo!!! :sad:

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Money talks. And San Diego is a $1.3 million tourny. Stanford and L.A. are $600,000.
Sweden is $140,000.
This is a business, it's not just sport.

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah and Mr. Icehockey will beat the crap out of poor Jens...nooooo!!! :sad:
If he ever finds out...altough Jens spends more time with her, and I haven't see Sasha lately, if they're still together..

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Operation Nordic Affair :lol:

GL she has money, it must be about something else here...boosting confidence, altough Fed Cup did a good job

Spunky83
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Operation Nordic Affair :lol:

GL she has money, it must be about something else here...boosting confidence, altough Fed Cup did a good job

Itīs about the money ;) They really pay a lot for top players. Itīs easy money besides Nastya doesnīt really like the US, so :tape:

Show up...play a few easy matches, maybe grab a title, have some fun, play funny doubles match and take a look around town...feeling like a princess of the tourney and then go back and buy yourself a new car/house.

I do it!!! :lol:

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Material girls :zzz:

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:40 PM
There's no other reason to go to Sweden, besides an appearance fee.
If Anastasia loses in the semis, she would only get about $8,000.
That's before taxes.
The San Diego semi losers get about $50,000.

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I'm sure your parents love you so much GL, for keeping their balance and stuff

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:49 PM
One of my great joys in the summer is watching my parents
go off to work :D :angel:

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Have you read To nurture a devil ?

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:01 PM
No, I read The Sky's the Limit.

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:03 PM
So you're done with Conquering the world in 99 steps?

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I don't want to conquer the world.
I want the world to surrender, and beg for mercy :angel:

Anyway, there are 4 Russians ranked ahead of Nastya.
It's time for her to pile up points.

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:15 PM
I don't care, when in doubt consult the H2H

miffedmax
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I don't care, when in doubt consult the H2H

You know I'm all about the Lena D./Nastya Fan Alliance, but sometimes you people are just insufferable.

One of these days, pal, one of these days! ;)

(Ah, who am i kidding. You know we got your girl's back).

_LuCaS_
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:35 PM
You know I'm all about the Lena D./Nastya Fan Alliance, but sometimes you people are just insufferable.

One of these days, pal, one of these days! ;)

(Ah, who am i kidding. You know we got your girl's back).
What to expect from the fans of the #1 bitch on the tour?

miffedmax
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:39 PM
What to expect from the fans of the #1 bitch on the tour? :haha:

Spunky83
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:33 PM
What to expect from the fans of the #1 bitch on the tour?

Exactly!!!

#1 Bitch it is! My new siggy looks so much cooler with that!

martirogi
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:44 PM
can #1 bitch me the new fan uniter. it's so great. :bounce: :bounce:

Spunky83
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM
can #1 bitch me the new fan uniter. it's so great. :bounce: :bounce:

Yeah, Lucas already mentioned to call the rollercoaster "motherfucking rollercoaster" :lol:

But actually putting #1 bitch instead of Nastyaīs name is pretty funny...my message by doing this is "I donīt care!", "itīs soooo not true that it is already funny" and "I appreciate your opinion" :lol:

I think if we all did that, it would be intersting.

Somethink like the naked ADs by the anti-fur clothing campaign ;)

martirogi
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:51 PM
we could all put it in our avatars and leave rollercoast in the sigs. i'll start. :bounce:

Spunky83
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:59 PM
we could all put it in our avatars and leave rollercoast in the sigs. i'll start. :bounce:

Uhhhh... :lol:

martirogi
Jul 12th, 2005, 10:06 PM
you know you're jealous.

i'm just glad that i get to spread awareness about mean, rude people like this girl.

Spunky83
Jul 12th, 2005, 10:12 PM
you know you're jealous.

i'm just glad that i get to spread awareness about mean, rude people like this girl.

But I like my avatar soo much :sad: ...I stick to my bitching sig

Derek.
Jul 13th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Nastya might be challenging Patty for the Bitch of the Tour Title. ;)

Spunky83
Jul 13th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Nastya might be challenging Patty for the Bitch of the Tour Title. ;)

Yes, we finally made it!!! Pepper Patty, youīre going down! :devil:

martirogi
Jul 13th, 2005, 06:38 PM
kindest nicest nastya fans i have a big favor to ask. :wavey:

since my compy died and i lost everything i was wondering if someone could repost the video of kremlin cup final.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

Spunky83
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:09 PM
kindest nicest nastya fans i have a big favor to ask. :wavey:

since my compy died and i lost everything i was wondering if someone could repost the video of kremlin cup final.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

Ask Lucas, he has the link and when I have the time, I can upload all my pics (but not now)

_LuCaS_
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:11 PM
I'll try uploading it tomorrow morning on a free server

_LuCaS_
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Maybe someday I'll upload my Nastya dir (1.6 gb) ... just gotta find a server :(

martirogi
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM
:worship: thank you so much lucas. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

spunky you don't have to put up any pics, im just glad ur links to the zvon download still worked :worship: :worship:

Spunky83
Jul 13th, 2005, 08:00 PM
:worship: thank you so much lucas. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

spunky you don't have to put up any pics, im just glad ur links to the zvon download still worked :worship: :worship:

It still works? Wow...seems like people keep downloading ;)

selyoink
Jul 14th, 2005, 02:28 AM
I wish I wasn't on my parents crappy hold computer that can't play videos. I never got to see the Zvonareva tiebreak.

LuCaS your vcash stack is looking quite impressive. ;)

Josh810
Jul 14th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Maybe someday I'll upload my Nastya dir (1.6 gb) ... just gotta find a server :(
That would be the day... :)

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Moscow Final 2004 (190 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26ISBF91

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM
LuCaS your vcash stack is looking quite impressive. ;)
Donations :angel:
The thing is I tried keeping my balance at 1 $ but they still gave me 25 $. But I want only 1 $ !!!
I don't need your money, I hate money, why can't you ppl understand? :mad:

Spunky83
Jul 14th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Ordered two new matches:

The Venus match from Fed Cup and 2004īs San Diego QF vs. Sharapova. People say she played so well there, I have to see that one.

Probably will do some clips again, but might take a while.

martirogi
Jul 14th, 2005, 02:10 PM
:worship: lucas i cannot thank you enough. :worship:

i have no words to say how happy i am that i get to have this great nastya match back on my comp

selyoink
Jul 14th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Ah one of the two Myskina matches I have is the win against Sharapova at San Diego. It is a pretty good match. At times there are too many errors from Sharapova that make it boring. All the best points are won by Myskina though.

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Nastya looks thin
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6667/10611067106110678bl.jpg
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9284/105810771085108510801089108010.jpg

cindy
Jul 14th, 2005, 06:18 PM
wahoooo those drawings are so much great :clap2: :bigclap:
I also think nastya looks thin...especialy when she wears her russian jacket

cindy
Jul 14th, 2005, 06:21 PM
davenport is sooo perfect on it!!! and maria's t-shirt heu...sorry maria's dress is great the "I love my dad" sounds so real

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:15 PM
:lol: the drawings kick ass
Just look at Justine :haha:

frenchie
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Nastya's nose is so wrong
Whose draws are they?

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:24 PM
From obvious reasons :hehehe:
Wonder who's fingers are over Maria's head in the first pic? Lena's? :devil: :lol:

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Nastya's nose is so wrong
Whose draws are they?
It's meant to be funny :)
Some Russian guy I think

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:26 PM
And Lena has such an innocent look on her face :angel:
Justine looks angry

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I also found a modified pic of Nastya and Masha...but I don't dare posting it :o

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:30 PM
They used to be good friends. But it's tough to be friends on the tour.

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the game ;)

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Jens said that Anastasia was having no fun when she was #2. And that was before her mom got sick.
Nastya needs to have fun. Enjoy herself.

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Win. Then have fun (bitching others :lol: )
Seriously she could go on a 11-1 record (post Eastbourne) if she wins Stockholm. And on 3 different surfaces.

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:45 PM
That tournament means nothing. No money, very few points.
If it helps her confidence, then it's good.

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Venus makes a good bounty hunt :armed:

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:51 PM
I think Anastasia doesn't like going to California. That's strange, because she trained with Lansdorp and Maria.
But she seems to want to avoid California this year.

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:57 PM
It's her decision. She has plenty of tourneys in Europe to pile points.

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah. It's easy to skip Indian Wells. And these 3 tournaments in California all have Davenport, and solid fields.
I'd like to see her peak in NYC. She lost to Anna C. last year.

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 08:02 PM
She should do better this year.
If the slump is truly over.

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2005, 08:05 PM
If she wants to finish this year in the top 10, she needs a big finish.
The more points now, the easier it is to get back into the top 5 early in 2006.

frenchie
Jul 14th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Moscow Final 2004 (190 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26ISBF91

I've downloaded it but my Windows Media player can't read it :sad:
What can I do?

_LuCaS_
Jul 14th, 2005, 08:56 PM
I've downloaded it but my Windows Media player can't read it :sad:
What can I do?
It's Real Media.
You either need some codecs or download the Real Player from their website.

martirogi
Jul 15th, 2005, 09:42 PM
i dont want to wait so long for nastya to play again :sad:

selyoink
Jul 16th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Yeah it does suck knowing she doesn't play for a while.

So you ditched the #1 bitch avatar I see. Thats a shame.

martirogi
Jul 16th, 2005, 04:53 AM
ill prob put bitch back up soon, but i saw this pic and had to make this avy.

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 10:32 AM
ill prob put bitch back up soon, but i saw this pic and had to make this avy.

:lol: :worship: Seriously...I always thought that the Justine fans have the darkest sefldestructing humour but I guess Nastyaīs have taken over :lol:

cindy
Jul 16th, 2005, 10:37 AM
martirogi I really love this one! the pink color and the little heart :lol: :lol: :lol: and "lovers" that sounds so much real!! :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 10:38 AM
She should do better this year.
If the slump is truly over.

It canīt get worse, can it ;) ?

No, I think you know, I had the suspicion that everything will be fine when her mum gets better, so I think we have this situation now and I really do think that she will do some serious damage in the next few months. I think she would love to equalize her bad first half season.

Iīve won a match yesterday 6-4 6-3 after having been 0-4 (and 1-4 BP)down in the first set (and sleeping on court) :lol: ...muhahahahaha :devil:

cindy
Jul 16th, 2005, 10:43 AM

Iīve won a match yesterday 6-4 6-3 after having been 0-4 (and 1-4 BP)down in the first set (and sleeping on court) :lol: ...muhahahahaha :devil:

it can't get worse!!! maybe she'll win the USopen...if she thinks that she is not in the USA but in russia for example it can maybe work!

you're such a player! are you trying to do like nastya? make the other player think that he will win and then "AHAHAH!!!!! I'M THE BEST"?

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 11:00 AM
it can't get worse!!! maybe she'll win the USopen...if she thinks that she is not in the USA but in russia for example it can maybe work!

you're such a player! are you trying to do like nastya? make the other player think that he will win and then "AHAHAH!!!!! I'M THE BEST"?

Actually, Nastya never did really badly on the american hardcourts as her game suits that surface. US Openī03 QF, Indian Wellsī04 SF, San Diegoī04 F, Montrealī04 SFī.

No, no...normally I am kind of a front-runner, I hardly ever lose the first set. It was just because I was out late with friends the night before and my friend booked a court at 11 am and I was just too tired and it was soo hot out there. But it was really funny though...when I was 0-2 down, I still thought "who cares?", then it was 0-3 and I thought "ups", at 0-4 all I thought was "What? Itīs already 0-4? Just two games away from receiving a bagel! Shit". At 2-4, my friend started to look pretty uncomfortable and berated herself, that was the point when I thought, I would definetly win this match. Tennis is such a psycho-sport, itīs scary but I love it :hearts:

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 11:03 AM

No, I think you know, I had the suspicion that everything will be fine when her mum gets better, so I think we have this situation now and I really do think that she will do some serious damage in the next few months. I think she would love to equalize her bad first half season.

Define worse :lol:
My main concern is she'll go titleless in 2005
Even Stockholm is far from easy: 5 matches with possible Venus encounter in the final.
I think her best chance of a title is during the indoor season.

cindy
Jul 16th, 2005, 11:16 AM
No, no...normally I am kind of a front-runner, I hardly ever lose the first set. It was just because I was out late with friends the night before and my friend booked a court at 11 am and I was just too tired and it was soo hot out there. But it was really funny though...when I was 0-2 down, I still thought "who cares?", then it was 0-3 and I thought "ups", at 0-4 all I thought was "What? Itīs already 0-4? Just two games away from receiving a bagel! Shit". At 2-4, my friend started to look pretty uncomfortable and berated herself, that was the point when I thought, I would definetly win this match. Tennis is such a psycho-sport, itīs scary but I love it :hearts:

maybe nastya just think the same..."what? it's already 5-1?!!! in the third set!!!!??? just one game away from losing the match!!! well well well I won the first set 6-0...it's time to play again!!" ;)

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Define worse :lol:
My main concern is she'll go titleless in 2005
Even Stockholm is far from easy: 5 matches with possible Venus encounter in the final.
I think her best chance of a title is during the indoor season.

Worse as in the pretty much soulless, unmotivated and sad looking Nastya in the last couple of months compared to the smiling, laughing, bright eyes girl we have right now ;)

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:15 PM
My main concern is that Anastasia isn't having fun.
She doesn't like the traveling. She wants to be at home.
At the top level of tennis, you have to be super-motivated.
If you'd rather stay home and sleep, you're not going to do well.

http://images.snapfish.com/343%3B7%3A2723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3A74%3D836 %3DXROQDF%3E2323652%3C4%3A833ot1lsi

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:31 PM
My main concern is that Anastasia isn't having fun.
She doesn't like the traveling. She wants to be at home.
At the top level of tennis, you have to be super-motivated.
If you'd rather stay home and sleep, you're not going to do well.

http://images.snapfish.com/343%3B7%3A2723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3A74%3D836 %3DXROQDF%3E2323652%3C4%3A833ot1lsi

Yeah, but you know psycho Nastya hates the tour but somehow also loves her job and the person she is...so arghhh...who knows, add a few more years and then she still has enough time to settle.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:35 PM
She loves tennis. This is not an issue. But she'd like to have all the tourneys in Europe :)

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I think she USED to like tennis. I'm not sure now.

What do you most like about being on the tour:

Petrova: "Changing plases all the time is very exciting, from seeing different cultures to eating different foods."
Dementieva: "Meeting so many interesing people around the world while at the same time working to win a tournament"
Myskina: "Really, nothing. Every year the tour gets tougher."

ys
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:44 PM

Petrova: "Changing plases all the time is very exciting, from seeing different cultures to eating different foods."
Dementieva: "Meeting so many interesing people around the world while at the same time working to win a tournament"

I think she has always spoken her mind.. Unlike the other two who are bullshitting. When you have to travel every week, you'll hate it. At least you won't be loving it. That's why I like Nastya so much - no place for PC bullshit in her beautiful head.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I was 100% sure you were going to bring this quote
This only shows she's honest, and her statement is pure truth.

cindy
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:46 PM

I was thinking exactly the same thing...this sentence is a clear proof but well whith "psycho nastya" you cannot really know...don't forget that she never says the same thing...

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I think she has always spoken her mind.. Unlike the other two who are bullshitting. When you have to travel every week, you'll hate it. At least you won't be loving it. That's why I like Nastya so much - no place for PC bullshit in her beautiful head.You're missing the point.
The question is - what do you LIKE most, not - do you love every moment.
She said nothing. That's not good.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Whats your biggest fear?

Kuznetsova: "Snakes"
Petrova: "Turbulence on a plane, Ive had my share."
Myskina: "The future-finding myself after tennis."

Contradiction of terms to some? This is simply Nastya

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:53 PM
That means she's thinking about what she's going to do after retiring.

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I though Nastya might say - "I enjoy winning." Or something like that.

But winning leads to this -
Myskina: "Its one thing to play when youre rising up the ranks, but its another when people think you have to win"

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:07 PM
As in biggest fear?
People tend to avoid their fears.
She will play tennis as long as she will be able to or until boredom will overcome fear.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I though Nastya might say - "I enjoy winning." Or something like that.

Everybody enjoys winning. That's a flat statement. Nastya is wiser than this.

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:14 PM
You guys shouldnīt forget when this interview was made. Itīs a monthly magazine so it was probably during a time in which she really didnīt have fun playing tennis, either that or she had major mentrual pains that day. She sounds so pissed in that interview, she should have just said "fuck off reporter", same result. However, I admire her honesty (esp. the worst fear question).

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:14 PM
It's just an interview, so it's what she's thinking at that moment.

Jens said she wasn't enjoying herself when she was #2.
That's what being a good player means. You get a high ranking.
That's what all the work is for, to get that ranking.

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Nastya has never been the typical tennis player. Itīs her job and she likes that JOB. Compared to other players she never had those dreams as a 6 year-old to win Wimbledon or whatever. But well, sheīs still playing, bottom line.

Cheer up people...we have overcome that huge problem just lately, so donīt try to dig everywhere to come up with another crisis. Letīs just wait and see what happens and enjoy whatīs coming, please.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Can we have a decent bitchy conversation ? :lol:
GL is drawing some conclusions. I think they're a bit exaggerated. That's all.

cindy
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:50 PM
nastya said "tennis: number one"...I'm sure she will not stop her career before having been number one...

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Well, the best time to get to #1 was when she had those 1,000 points for winning RG.
Now that those points are gone, Nastya will need a lot of finals and semis to get there.

cindy
Jul 16th, 2005, 04:13 PM
she can do it! it's stange but when I look at her I see a real great champion...I'm sure she will do something really good in the future win another grand slam or being number one...we'll see
at wimbly she had prooved that she can be amazing and every time she plays fedcup it's the same
the real problem is not her tennis but her mind she is a little bit like safin and he was number one and he won 2 grand slam...let's hope for nastya that one day she will be concentrated on tennis only....

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 04:17 PM
nastya said "tennis: number one"...I'm sure she will not stop her career before having been number one...

It all comes down to one point: Nastya shows signs of schizophrenic rudiments.

She will play decent from now on, maybe reaching one or two finals, maybe winning a small tourney, then next year itīs basically free points collecting. Welcome to my easy Spunky universe, the real world is already complicated enough.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:11 PM
:singer: :zzz:

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I heard on tv that 13,000 people lost their homes in Romania. Is that right?

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:34 PM
On the local news? ;) I doubt it
15 dead, 2 missing, over 12,000 without a home, over a billion euros estimated damage

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I won 200 today and I already donated it :angel:

martirogi
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:39 PM
i decided i couldnt stand having sharapova's face in my avy. it made me angry everytime i saw it.

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:42 PM
On the local news? ;) I doubt it
15 dead, 2 missing, over 12,000 without a home, over a billion euros estimated damageWhat happened? Is it raining every day?

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:51 PM
In the last 2 days stopped raining.
But yes it rained a lot for 5 6 days. Many rivers increased their debit very fast. The land blocks (the constructions that stop the rivers flooding the area around it, don't know the exact word) collapsed and took the villagers by surprise (we still have a lot of population living at the country).
Lots of animals died and are now floating creating a disease risc situation

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:53 PM
So a wall came down and a whole city was flooded?
Be careful of diseases.

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:54 PM
What happened? Is it raining every day?

Heavy rain and flash floods I read somewhere. Same problems in Bulgaria...interesting how the media doesnīt catch up on this. The "more important" the country, the "cooler" the news...sad but true.

Howīs your town looking, Lucas? Hope the destructions are not too bad. Saw the pics youīve posted somewhere, looks horrible.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 07:27 PM
My city doesn't have any big rivers around...but we're isolated from the capital city by land

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 07:31 PM
If you see a cow floating by, don't eat it.
It could be diseased.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I usually eat only horses. They reach my city faster.

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Nastya loves horses.

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Nastya loves eel too.

_LuCaS_
Jul 16th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Nastya loves horses.
:smash: :bolt: stop moving
You do have a bitchy side...well I guess all Nastya fans do

cindy
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:07 PM
i decided i couldnt stand having sharapova's face in my avy. it made me angry everytime i saw it.

:haha: :haha:

Spunky83
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM
:smash: :bolt: stop moving
You do have a bitchy side...well I guess all Nastya fans do

:lol: seriously...you and goldenlox have the weirdest conversations on this board. Eel, eww and horses...oh come on! :lol:

selyoink
Jul 18th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Pretty boring day in here I see. Sigh.

martirogi
Jul 18th, 2005, 02:48 AM
thank you for not letting nastya's thread go a day with no one posting. :worship:

martirogi
Jul 18th, 2005, 02:52 AM
i haven't changed my avy in 24 hours. what was i thinking? obviously this one will help nastya to her 10th title.

selyoink
Jul 18th, 2005, 03:22 AM
I think you have an avatar problem my friend.

goldenlox
Jul 18th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Anastasia moves up to #9 this week in the rankings.

#5 Elena Dementieva has 156 points to defend, and #6 Serena Williams has 238, and #9 Venus Williams has 125. That means that Dementieva and Serena both fall behind Justine Henin-Hardenne (putting the Belgian all the way up to #5), and Venus falls to #10 behind Anastasia Myskina.

_LuCaS_
Jul 18th, 2005, 03:51 PM
That happens because of this year's change of tourney date. Odd if you ask me. Losing points without being able to defend them.

goldenlox
Jul 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Do they have eel in Sweden?

Whats your favorite meal?

Petrova: "Suchi, anytime, anywhere."
Myskina: "Suchi, I love eel."
Dementieva: "Suchi"
Kuznetsova: "Suchi"

_LuCaS_
Jul 18th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Here we go again

Don't know, but they sure have horses

Spunky83
Jul 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM

#5 Elena Dementieva has 156 points to defend, and #6 Serena Williams has 238, and #9 Venus Williams has 125. That means that Dementieva and Serena both fall behind Justine Henin-Hardenne (putting the Belgian all the way up to #5), and Venus falls to #10 behind Anastasia Myskina.

I just checked the rankings and sheīs still 10th?

However...Nastya likes to eat everything I hate...sushi, sausages, spaetzle, eel...and I am actually not even a picky eater :lol:

Iīve never eaten horses but isnīt it a bit weird? I mean you can breed pigs, ducks, fish, cows, pigeons, frogs whatever but here in Germany for example those horses were all actually riding horses which just became too old and pricey to let them live in the barnstable...so their holders just decided to let them eaten and get some money for it. Thatīs so mean, they work for you like a decade and even have a name and then you kill them. Itīs like shipping off grandma to a butcher and even get some money back for her. :o :sad:

_LuCaS_
Jul 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Spunky eww horses are noble animales. How can you even think about that :smash:
They serve other purposes :hehehe:

miffedmax
Jul 18th, 2005, 06:11 PM

I got stomped 6-2, 6-1. My 2nd serve is worse than Dementieva's and my on-court temper is worse than Nastya's.

_LuCaS_
Jul 18th, 2005, 06:32 PM
You guys should try downloading CCTV's tennis course videos from the FTP (see in GM).
Start with basic and forehand one. ;)

Spunky83
Jul 18th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I got stomped 6-2, 6-1. My 2nd serve is worse than Dementieva's and my on-court temper is worse than Nastya's.

:lol: my second serve is a no-no too...but I hardly double fault so itīs ok and sometimes my opponents return my first serve better than my second one. It happens so often that I fire down a really fast serve and she would just put the racket against it and the ball would drop down just behind the net :mad:

On court temper? Hehe...I only managed to "accidently" hit a ball over to another court :tape:

miffedmax
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:16 PM

Lena's ranking would be higher if some damn roller coaster hadn't run her over.

Always keep your hands, head and feet inside the car.

martirogi
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:20 AM
only three and a half weeks until nastya's next match :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:ras:

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 11:13 AM
only three and a half weeks until nastya's next match :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:ras:

Hehe...ever wondered how she manages it to spend like 4 months (according to her interview) in Moscow during the year? Hereīs your answer.

selyoink
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:25 PM

Damn is it really that long until she plays again? Shit. Tennis just isn't as interesting without her on the courts.

goldenlox
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
This is a time Nastya has been looking forward to.
Staying home after European clay and grass. And not going to California.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=martirogi]only three and a half weeks until nastya's next match :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Damn is it really that long until she plays again? Shit. Tennis just isn't as interesting without her on the courts.

Post Wimby is always the hardest time...yesterday I noticed I havenīt watched tv for like a week! Plus all the tv shows are on summer hiatus :o

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Lol Spunky what happened to the website?
You exceeded the monthly bandwitdh available?

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Lol Spunky what happened to the website?
You exceeded the monthly bandwitdh available?

LOL...it happens when out of a sudden we have like 5 times more visitors than usual. I donīt know, ever since the site started the visitor numbers grew and grew and it became even more of a problem after the French Openī05...now our server shut us down for the rest of the month cause compared to the other websites on the same one (Veraīs official one and inside-tennis.net) we obviously use too much bandwith and itīs just the 19th July! Ola and me will figure out what to do...at least I hope so ;)

Ola told me that Luke, the guy who manages the server, wanted to fix the visitor-stats-page cause he thought the number of a-m.com was wrong... :lol: Damn...that stupid "official" site of Nastya should just let us do the job, then at least we can afford some more bandwith :angel:

Maybe we should all sign a petition...I mean come on, that official site probably will never ever launch! :o Thatīs a cool idea btw...

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:39 PM
The account must be a light one too.
Maybe it's time to search for a bigger server.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:43 PM
The account must be a light one too.
Maybe it's time to search for a bigger server.

Hmmm...yeah, thatīs like the puritans trying to claim freedom from their mother-country.

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:45 PM
The only thing that was good about this site was the domain name.
www.anastasia-myskina.com was easy to find and cool.
But very limited, in terms of storage and bandwidth.

For example a free server on www.anastasia-myskina.zap3x.com with 100 MB space, unlimited bandwidth, full FTP access, no banners or popups could be a solution. At least temporary.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:09 PM
The only thing that was good about this site was the domain name.
www.anastasia-myskina.com was easy to find and cool.
But very limited, in terms of storage and bandwidth.

For example a free server on www.anastasia-myskina.zap3x.com with 100 MB space, unlimited bandwidth, full FTP access, no banners or popups could be a solution. At least temporary.

Ok...how do you transfer a whole site to another server? I donīt have a clue about that stuff, thatīs why we need Luke, problem is that heīs only our tech guy so I donīt know if she will come with us when we go find a new home

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Ok...how do you transfer a whole site to another server? I donīt have a clue about that stuff, thatīs why we need Luke, problem is that heīs only our tech guy so I donīt know if she will come with us when we go find a new home
He or she? :)
Transferring a site is pretty easy. You just copy the content of the old site to the new one (maintaining the file structure) using the FTP service.

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:15 PM
You also could take a look at this paid hosting.
http://www.mher.org/

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:30 PM
He or she? :)
Transferring a site is pretty easy. You just copy the content of the old site to the new one (maintaining the file structure) using the FTP service.

He ;)

goldenlox
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:32 PM
It's an interesting decision, to skip all the California tournaments and play Sweden.
It could mean Anastasia will cut down her schedule next year.
Spend more time in Moscow.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:32 PM
You also could take a look at this paid hosting.
http://www.mher.org/

Looks nice...99 cent...I can afford that;)

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:36 PM
It's an interesting decision, to skip all the California tournaments and play Sweden.
It could mean Anastasia will cut down her schedule next year.
Spend more time in Moscow.

Thank God I am a also a fan of Justine who will probably still be around London 2012 :lol:

I think it all comes down to one (confirmed) conclusion: Nastya just hates the US, sorry US-posters;)

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Thank God I am a also a fan of Justine who will probably still be around London 2012 :lol:

Sure :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Sure :lol:

Oh...you mean: "FOR SURE" :lol:

Roger said he wanted to play :eek: ...probably he wants to add a second Gold Medal to his 20 Grand Slam titles

martirogi
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I think it all comes down to one (confirmed) conclusion: Nastya just hates the US, sorry US-posters;)

some of us feel the same as nastya :tape:

hope you get the website back soon. that petition thing would be a good idea.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:49 PM

hope you get the website back soon. that petition thing would be a good idea.

Acually I do like the US, in fast food restaurants you would just dump everything into the same trash can (including my beloved plastic dishes and silverware), 20 Dollars and your car is good to go (we pay like 4 times as much for a full tank), you still have cans, everything is fried (I didnīt know before you can fry so many things!) and you drink coffee and coke out of a bucket-sized cup, your history is easy to understand compared to the "old" parts of the world and you have the greatest leader on the whole wide world :angel: :tape:

That petition actually is a good idea...but then I canīt make fun of Nastya anymore :eek:

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:49 PM

And why's that?
You have everything you can possible want in US

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:57 PM
And why's that?
You have everything you can possible want in US

Yeah...the one-singled parents with the three kids, three jobs and no health insurance love it, on the other side the economy is great compared to other "rich" countries. My dad and I had this discussion so often already and in the end he looks at me like I was a communist :lol: ...just because I think health insurance is a good idea which means to cut back on other expanses. However, american politics is really interesting...itīs soo history related. Ok, this is non-topic...but thereīs nothing going on here anyway these days;)

Oh and the US have the best tv shows :worship:

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah...the one-singled parents with the three kids, three jobs and no health insurance love it
representing 0,0001% of the entire US ppl :rolleyes:

selyoink
Jul 19th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I quite like the U.S. Granted I lived here my life and virtually never left the country but still. It has all I'll ever need. Interestingly enough I dislike virtually every U.S. tennis player mens or women with the exception of Agassi.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 06:45 PM
representing 0,0001% of the entire US ppl :rolleyes:

Eeeeek... :eek: ...you really think the US is a country which has everything, donīt you? True, there are a lot of people who have millions of dollars but thereīs also a vast majority which basically has nothing to say and who have no power at all. In my opinion, the US is a powerful country but sadly they kinda neglect the little people because they have a non-existing welfare system. Their expenses for welfare is as high as decades ago, but the number of poor people have increased in that time as well. Only 60% of the children have a health insurance (60%!). People are afraid to go to the doctors cause they are afraid of the costs. I know that the US is still better than like letīs say 90% of the world regarding that department...you definetly wonīt starve but in a country which claims to be so advanced and sophisticated, things like that health insurance thing and also the people who have to work three jobs (and those are definetly more than 0,0001%) shouldnīt be the case. The minimum salary is like 5 Dollars/hour...you canīt pay rent with that.

Rich people become richer and the people who donīt have the luck or maybe arenīt as intelligent as those people are becoming not only poorer but their number increases dramatically.

I mean ok...whatīs more important? Being the richest country with the a good number of rich people but also a very high number of people who live from basically nothing or a country which tries to lift up the poor to the disadvantage of the rich? Regarding the financial and political aspect, of course the economy is more important but on the human aspect, itīs just sad.

Also multiculturalism has failed miserably in the US...itīs embaressing.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I know why my dad called me a communist...nahh...itīs not that bad;) I am just soo bored writing this stupid paper :o

_LuCaS_
Jul 19th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Eeeeek... :eek: ...you really think the US is a country which has everything, donīt you?

Yes

True, there are a lot of people who have millions of dollars but thereīs also a vast majority which basically has nothing to say and who have no power at all.

US is a democratic country. They all have something to say.

In my opinion, the US is a powerful country but sadly they kinda neglect the little people because they have a non-existing welfare system. Their expenses for welfare is as high as decades ago, but the number of poor people have increased in that time as well.

The little people are too little to become an issue. Almost every US family has a car. That's not poor.

Only 60% of the children have a health insurance (60%!).

Maybe they don't need one. Up to some age they can benefit from their parents' one?

People are afraid to go to the doctors cause they are afraid of the costs. I know that the US is still better than like letīs say 90% of the world regarding that department...you definetly wonīt starve but in a country which claims to be so advanced and sophisticated, things like that health insurance thing and also the people who have to work three jobs (and those are definetly more than 0,0001%) shouldnīt be the case. The minimum salary is like 5 Dollars/hour...you canīt pay rent with that.

Give me a percent for ppl who have three jobs. I guarantee it's under 2%.

Rich people become richer and the people who donīt have the luck or maybe arenīt as intelligent as those people are becoming not only poorer but their number increases dramatically.

I don't know that...can't check either

I mean ok...whatīs more important? Being the richest country with the a good number of rich people but also a very high number of people who live from basically nothing

You can't live from absolutely nothing. Maybe in Africa. Not in US

or a country which tries to lift up the poor to the disadvantage of the rich?

There is no such country

Also multiculturalism has failed miserably in the US...itīs embaressing.
US is the paradise of multiculturalism.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Ok, 13% (not bad) of the families have more than 100000 dollars to spend in a year.

20% of families (of four people) have less than 19000 dollars to spend (so they are seen as poor...poor as in american poor). 19000 is not much when you think about it. Thatīs like 1500 dollars a month... for four people in the US (yes, of course african people would be glad about that).

You can be pretty sure when the children donīt have insurance, their parents wonīt have either. Iīd rather like to have my child have insurance than having one myself.

Why I think multiculturalism has failed? Demographically 25 %(!) of the black population are considered poor, 21% of the hispanics, 10% of the white people. Black people are doing the crappy jobs. White people are wearing the ties and work in their office. Racial riots in L.A. (1992 was it I think). White people leave the inner city and live in the suburbs. Poorer people canīt do that...meaning that the schools for example get worse in the city, meaning that poor people doesnīt really have a good chance to climb up the social ladder. Ethnical groups keep sticking together, but overall youīre right. The US is full of multiculturalism but multiculturalism means living next to each other but not living together. They groups wonīt merge into one. It keeps being the different groups meaning conflicts will never come to an end. White people of higher education just donīt have black friends. Transculturalism, that would be the goal but itīs just a theory and will never work out in the reality.

In countries such as the US, everyone has a car...itīs not a sign of greatness;)

----

BUT I think thereīs no other country in which so many people help out in welfare stuff, charities, so I donīt blame the rich persons but itīs still not enough.

:topic: me out now!

martirogi
Jul 19th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Ok nastya fans since theres such a loooooooooong break here are some questions for us to answer and possibly discuss

1) Will nastya finish the year ranked in the top ten? If not what will her rank be.
2) Will she win a title this season?
3) Will she threepeat at Kremlin Cup?
4) How far will she go at US Open?
5) Will myskina vs venus be the stockholm final?

Of course there's always the possibility that no one will respond and I'll look like an idiot.

martirogi
Jul 19th, 2005, 10:03 PM
My responses-

1) she'll be ranked 10
2,3) only title for the year will be kremlin cup
4) quarters (probably beating demen in 4th rd :rolleyes: )
5) no. one of the two will be upset before that.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Ok nastya fans since theres such a loooooooooong break here are some questions for us to answer and possibly discuss

1) Will nastya finish the year ranked in the top ten? If not what will her rank be.

Of course there's always the possibility that no one will respond and I'll look like an idiot.

I come to rescue you Martirogi from the total embaressement! :D

1) yes
2) I go for 2 (Stockholm and Moscow)...prefer USO and Moscow though
3) According to my second answer, yes...beating Maria in the final :devil:
4) At least 3rd round and maximum SF (QF opponent being poor Elena again)
5) Yes and again answer no. 2

martirogi
Jul 19th, 2005, 10:51 PM
thank you. once again you prove to be the queen of nastyaness. :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 11:02 PM
thank you. once again you prove to be the queen of nastyaness. :lol:

That sounds interesting :cool:

martirogi
Jul 19th, 2005, 11:04 PM
well its an unofficial title with the only perk being lots of hard work running her website.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2005, 11:12 PM
well its an unofficial title with the only perk being lots of hard work running her website.

Yeah, a website which has been shut down :tape: ...I think I will really think about the petition and maybe shoot her manager an email or give him a call.

However, the queen of the uber-bitch needs to sleep now.Night;)

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:51 AM
One principle that works wonders...Divide et impera. US is slightly dividing itself.

As for the predictions
If she wins Moscow again she will be in the top 10 at the end of the year.
If she does well at the US Open (QF or better) she has a shot at YEC.
I don't think we'll have a Nastya-Venus final at Stockholm either.

cindy
Jul 20th, 2005, 09:30 AM

1) of course she will!!!
2-3) to me kremlin cup is nastya cup! so yes she will
4) trophy for sure
5) venus who??? she will loose before nastya but anyway nastya will win this sort of useless tournement
;)

cindy
Jul 20th, 2005, 09:40 AM
martirogi you forgot this one...will she win the fedcup with russia one more time?...YES

martirogi
Jul 20th, 2005, 01:32 PM
thats a great question. i think she'll lead the team to a win again also.

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 01:54 PM
We're not sure the slump is truly over and you already dream big.
She's got some confidence back alright. Enough to win a tourney? Not sure.

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:09 PM
17 viewing Nastya's thread (15 guests) :eek:
a-m.com is down alright :)

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Make that 24 :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:25 PM
There's like 70 people in RR. That's rare.

goldenlox
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:29 PM
The reason so many people are here is because Anastasia lost her lawsuit, to stop the topless horsey photos from being used by the photographer.
She signed a release form, then claimed her English wasn't good enough to understand it.
But the judge ruled against her.

Russian Tennis Star Can't Stop Topless Photos

NEW YORK-July 20, 2005 — A Russian tennis star cannot stop a photographer from distributing topless pictures taken of her during a magazine photo session three years ago, a federal judge has ruled.

U.S. District Judge Michael Mukasey wrote that Anastasia Myskina's rights were not violated when topless photographs were published in a Russian magazine with an article weeks after she won the 2004 French Open.

Myskina was 20 years old when the photographs were taken and insisted she did not understand a photo release form with her signature on it and was not fluent in English at the time.

"Absent allegations of fraud, duress or some other wrongdoing, Myskina's claimed misunderstanding of the release's terms does not excuse her from being bound on the contract," the judge said in a ruling signed last week.

Myskina's lawyer, Alexander Berkovich, said Tuesday that the tennis player was considering her options but he didn't know if he would appeal.

"Obviously, we're disappointed with the decision," he said.

The topless photos were taken after Mark Seliger photographed Myskina for the cover and interior of the Gentleman's Quarterly "Sports" issue in 2002 as part of a pictorial and profile of female tennis players.

Myskina said in court papers that the photographer had asked if he could take the pictures "for himself" and she said he could, as long as they were not published. The lawsuit sought $8 million in damages from Seliger, GQ and its corporate parent, Conde Nast. A message left for a lawyer for the publications and the photographer was not immediately returned Tuesday.

miffedmax
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I was kind of hoping Nasty would win this one.

On the other hand, the pix aren't really horrible or pornographic. Sort of attempted artsy shots that just didn't work in my opinion.

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I could have done better :cool:

selyoink
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:44 PM
We're not sure the slump is truly over and you already dream big.
She's got some confidence back alright. Enough to win a tourney? Not sure.

I share your semi-pessimistic view LuCaS. I'm not sure if the slump is over yet either but I'm hopeful that it is. I do however believe that she will lead Russia to a fed cup victory. If she is ever going to beat Mauresmo again it will be in fed cup.

Spunky83
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Shoot, my internet access at home got cut off cause I reached my transfer-max...stupid tennis filesharing...

So you wonīt see me that often anymore...until the next month start. Nooooo!

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Shoot, my internet access at home got cut off cause I reached my transfer-max...stupid tennis filesharing...

So you wonīt see me that often anymore...until the next month start. Nooooo!
I heard they have good TV shows in Germany

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:00 PM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6238/wta9ue.jpg
A new WR :bigclap:

goldenlox
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:03 PM
It's been like that all day. People love:hearts: topless photos.

selyoink
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Looks like our forum is dominating all of the other Russian women. The rankings may not say it anymore but Nastya is still the #1 Russian. ;)

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2005, 09:21 PM
It's been like that all day. People love:hearts: topless photos.
It's not about the photos...

:Rawwb:
Jul 20th, 2005, 09:22 PM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6238/wta9ue.jpg
A new WR :bigclap:

Well done for the WR, but what I wanna know is what loser was in the Kournikova thread? :rolleyes:

martirogi
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:02 AM
go download lucas's aussie open video from that ftp place. she looks so sad in the beginning, but so amazingly beautiful too. :hearts: :worship:

Josh810
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:43 AM
go download lucas's aussie open video from that ftp place. she looks so sad in the beginning, but so amazingly beautiful too. :hearts: :worship:
FTP place? :confused:

martirogi
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:57 AM
in general messages there's a thread about this downloading place called ftp. it's kinda tricky figure out, but hopefully there will be a lot more myskina videos soon.

Josh810
Jul 21st, 2005, 07:36 AM
in general messages there's a thread about this downloading place called ftp. it's kinda tricky figure out, but hopefully there will be a lot more myskina videos soon.
Ahh, ok. Thanks.

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:39 PM
Hantuchova was answering questions this week, and said -
Who is the nicest player on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour?
That's tough to stay, there are so many. I would probably say Sugiyama and also Anastasia.

martirogi
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
:bigclap: i knew i liked that hantuchova

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2005, 07:07 PM
Hantuchova was answering questions this week -
Who are your best freinds on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour? - Ernie
Probably the people I grew up on Tour playing with. People like Anastasia (Myskina), Jennifer Capriati, Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne. Also Sugi (Ai Sugiyama), because we play doubles together a lot and have become good friends.

_LuCaS_
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:06 PM
Nice words from Dani :yeah:

Almalyk
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:26 PM
My two favs are good friends! Thats awesome!

martirogi
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:51 PM
lucas has another AMAZING video on ftp. it's sooooooooooooooo great. it made me want to give nastya a big hug. i love those music video collage things.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Daniel
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:36 AM
I guess Anastasia and Kim must be two of the friendliest girl on the tour. :) ;)

Nastya :hug: :smooch:

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:10 PM
I checked buzz.yahoo.com/sports, and Anastasia is getting a lot of yahoo internet searches.
People are looking for those GQ photos.

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:36 PM
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think all Russian players are really fight. I mean, they fight until the end. They don't really ‑‑ you know, they not giving up.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, definitely. I mean, we are starting -- definitely we improve our tennis. We start to be more aggressive on the court. We have all kind of players who can serve really well, who can play baseline and serve and hopefully serve and volley. So I think we just improve our tennis. But it helps also because we're not practicing all in Russia. Like Maria practice in US, Petrova is in Holland, Kuznetsova in Spain, so we get something new from different countries, and then we play really good right now.

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
Glad you like it martirogi ;)

Damn it's hot in Romania, and those streetcars are moving ovens :fiery:

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
http://www.mosnews.com/files/5584/tennis.jpg

Maria Sharapova (left), Anastasia Myskina (right) / Photo: Reuters

Russian Tennis Star Myskina Doesn’t Want to Be on Same Team as Sharapova

Created: 25.11.2004 13:51 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 13:52 MSK document.write(get_ago(1101379927));

MosNews

Russian tennis star Anastasia Myskina threatened to stop playing for her country if Maria Sharapova, in the company of her father, is invited to join the team next year, because of Yuri Sharapov’s “rude and nasty” behavior.

“If she (Sharapova) joins our team next season you won’t see me there for sure,” Reuters quoted the French Open champion after she crushed Austria’s Patricia Wartusch 6-0 6-0 on Wednesday.

Sharapova has been kept out of this year’s team by Myskina and U.S. Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, but Russia Fed Cup captain Shamil Tarpishchev said he would welcome the Wimbledon champion next season, Reuters reported.

However, Larisa Neiland, Tarpishchev’s assistant, said she felt it would be difficult for the 17-year-old to break into the team because of her “nasty father”.

“Maria’s main problem is her father and I just don’t see how he would co-exist with other girls’ parents and team officials,” six-times grand slam doubles champion Neiland told Reuters.

“Every time Maria was playing a Russian girl, her father’s behaviour was simply outrageous, nasty and out of control,” Neiland said, speaking of the season-ending WTA Tour Championships.

“He basically tells everyone ’to get lost’. I just don’t see how he could work with the rest of us,” she added.

Asked about Neiland’s comments, Myskina said: “I totally agree with Larisa. I feel his behavior is totally incorrect, simply rude. I don’t want to be around people like him.”

After losing to Sharapova in the semi-finals, Myskina said: “He (Yuri Sharapov) was just yelling and screaming instructions to her and I thought he just might jump right on the court at one point in the match.”

Sharapov received a warning from the chair umpire for coaching his daughter during the Myskina match.

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
"No one can tell me where I'm from," the 17-year-old Wimbledon champion huffed yesterday in replying to a contention by Anastasia Myskina that Sharapova, while a native of Russia, has become thoroughly Americanized.

"Maria has been in the U.S. all her life," Myskina argued. "She is more comfortable here than in Russia. I don't think she has ever been there."

"If she joins our team next season you won't see me there for sure," Myskina said. "I do not want to be on a team with people who do not respect me."

Myskina previously expressed a dislike for the Florida-based Sharapova at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow last month.

"She is more American then Russian. She speaks Russian with a coarse accent," Myskina said.

martirogi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
you think its hot in romania, try florida. i was soooo sweaty just from walking to class plus i have a sunburn from the beach last week. grrr it's hell. only more nastya videos can help the pain. ;)

martirogi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
i think gl is trying to start trouble :boxing: :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
i think gl is trying to start trouble :boxing: :lol:
:lol: :D I'm just thinking about all this :angel:

martirogi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
picture it: 2006 fed cup finals. usa vs russia tied 2-2. deciding doubles match is myskina/sharapova vs williams/williams :scared: :speakles:

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
:lol: :D I'm just thinking about all this :angel:
fortunately you're not doing it in GM

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:30 PM
I ususally do it in Maria's thread :angel:

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
With obvious results in GM

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:41 PM
If Maria plays Fed Cup, I want a war :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:44 PM
Is that what they teach you in US schools?

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:45 PM
Who cares what they teach in school. The Russian Fed Cup team should have Russians on it.

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:51 PM
That's the spirit. Now you should write this in Maria's thread too :ras:
If Russia wins the Fed Cup again (against an A+ French team) they don't need Sharapova. Maybe in 3 years when Anastasia probably retires.

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:52 PM
Maria has a Russian passport, so she's eligible for the team.
At least Mauresmo and Dechy are French.
Pierce and Golovin aren't.

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
I don't mind having Sharapova on the team. What are dead rubbers for?

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:20 PM
This has left the captain Shamil Tarpischev with a worrisome diplomatic task and even raised the distant but still more unpleasant possibility that the Florida-domiciled Sharapova might solve the problem by electing to play for the United States instead.

Though the vastly experienced Tarpischev is capable of finding the solution, the timing could not have been worse. Instead of helping everyone to focus on an occasion which some may see as a liberation from decades of depression, Myskina has become side-tracked into pistol-pointing. :armed:

"I don't want to be on the same team as people who won't show me respect," the French Open champion has said several times, eventually following it up with "I won't renounce what I've said" and an emphatic "end of story".

Her team-mate Svetlana Kuznetsova, the US Open champion, had already made it clear that winning the Fed Cup would be more important to her than anything she has done but Myskina may not agree. She certainly will not if Sharapova's father turns up, as reportedly he plans to do.

It was Yuri Sharapov's behaviour while his daughter was winning the WTA Championships in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago - allegedly involving a finger gesture, a lot of eccentric behaviour and verbal insults - which has triggered Myskina's ire.

But in the problem Tarpischev sees the ingredients of the solution: it is not the player who is causing the impasse but the father. "He is very emotional," said Tarpischev. "He has a very fragile psychological system, a strange, quick-changing nervous system, and he may say lots of things.

"Parents often interfere with the process. But they are not the ones who decide. This is more serious than small personal differences. It's another headache but it's not a conflict. There couldn't be any argument with Sharapova. I think she would make a very good team player. The problem is just relations with her dad."

It may be a sensible way to deal with it, except that not only does Myskina disagree, she claims others do, too. "She [Sharapova] will never be among us because she's on bad terms with the team," Myskina insisted. "What Sharapova's father is doing is beyond education," she added, suggesting that whatever faults the 17-year-old has are incorrigible.

Tarpischev knows that things could get worse. Children who leave Russia, and particularly those who become Americanised, are often regarded as a scar on the soul, and deep feelings can well up. "She went out of Russia when she was very small and it was not her choice," he said. "Now it's her time to make her choice. But I think if she was to make a choice in favour of becoming American, she wouldn't be on such good terms with [President] Putin, or with me. And her father comes here to spend his vacation. So I think they feel their roots. Usually in a situation where a person wants to change citizenship they are not so open."

martirogi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
NO lucas maria should never be on the team :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Stop it already.
These articles make me sleepy :zzz:

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:34 PM
NO lucas maria should never be on the team :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
heck if Nastya will eventually agree with her presence...we should too. This conflict is just a reason for badmouthing the players on the board.

Nicole is a hottie :kiss:

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:38 PM
Anastasia has no choice. If Tarpischev has Maria on the team, there's nothing Anastasia can do.
But she said some rough things about Maria and her dad.

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Anastasia has no choice. If Tarpischev has Maria on the team, there's nothing Anastasia can do.
But she said some rough things about Maria and her dad.
It depends on Tarpischev if he wants another Fed Cup title for Russia.
Anastasia can say whatever she wants to, she's 24.

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:46 PM
He wants Maria to be on the team for the next 10 years.
Maria wants to play so she's eligible for the Olympics.

martirogi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:49 PM
maria's not horrible and as long as she doesnt take nastyas place it wouldnt be the worst thing

yuri is a fucking psycho and i think he's verbally and emotionally abusive to his daughter

_LuCaS_
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
He wants Maria to be on the team for the next 10 years.
Maria wants to play so she's eligible for the Olympics.
Whatever
Anastasia did her job for Russia. I want her to focus a bit on winning another slam. But first a threepeat in Moscow.

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
yuri is a fucking psycho and i think he's verbally and emotionally abusive to his daughter

According to reports, Yuri, Sharapova's father, claimed Petrova had responded to his daughter's fist-pumping at the start of the third set with an unlady- like gesture. Yuri was then said to have taunted Petrova for the remainder of the match, which upset her coach, who pushed Yuri into a rubbish bin before security guards were forced to intervene. Presumably Petrova's father, Victor, who was one of the best hammer throwers in the world, was nowhere in sight.