PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2005, 12:31 AM
http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=wimbledon/05/06/28/manual_100244.html :

And it went to the wire again on Monday, sixth seed Elena Dementieva - also from Russia and whom Myskina beat in Roland Garros - crushing through the first set in just 22 minutes before the 23-year-old former world number one battled back to win 1-6 7-6 7-5, saving two match points against her along the way.

Reuters:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050628/sp_nm/sport_atp_wimbledon_mauresmo_dc_1

But against an opponent whose passage had been much less taxing, the Russian ninth seed failed to reproduce the form that had helped her to survive three huge five-set battles over the past week.

Díd you guys know that?!? :lol:

Derek.
Jun 29th, 2005, 01:03 AM
That's funny Spunky! :p

Nastya :sad:

But a lot of positives to take out of this tournament! :) She really is mentally tough to survive and save match points! :hug:

Red Lantern
Jun 29th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Díd you guys know that?!? :lol:

:lol:

:rolleyes:

Y'know that really is terrible journalism. And what irritates me is that I doubt they would have made such errors when writing about Maria, Lindsey, Venus and the other quaterfinalists. A little bit of accurate research would be appreciated.

Must be annoying to be asked about Maria all the time.
I can only imagine how much so - it irritates me and I'm not the one who is constantly compared to Maria and targetted by interviewers looking for a comment to rattle her up.

The ironic thing is she does sometimes voluntarily mention Maria, and then it's a compliment. When they keep 'pushing' her to talk about Maria, she can come across annoyed - so the little conniving journalists can then say ''the subject of Maria'' annoys her. When really the process of being constantly asked is the only thing that bothers her.

Manipulative jerks.

And I never knew Nastya ''liked Eastbourne a lot'' - hmmm interesting.

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:03 AM
I really hope she can play good during the summer. A lot of points to defend plus she needs to keep her confidence high.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Wouldnīt be bad if they "allow" her to join the Fed Cup and maybe play one match or only doubles. It would be a good extra motivation for her I think.

They are playing on clay, so basically I would let Sveta and Nastya play...especially if Venus and Lindz will play singles. Although Petrova wasnīt that bad either. Hard choice just as usual.

I just saw the ticket prices...my God, itīs incredible how much the world differs in wealth, itīs a real shame (how the heck do "normal" people survive in the city of Moscow, known as one of the most expensive cities on earth?!?)

1 Day Tickets
VIP Category: 3000 Roubles (86,90 Euros)
Premium Category: 750 Roubles (21,72 Euros)
1st Category: 350 Roubles (10,14 Euros)
2nd Category: 250 Roubles (7,24 Euros)
3rd Category: 150 Roubles (4,34 Euros)
4th Category: 50 Roubles (1,44 Euros)

Canīt believe that a 4th cat-ticket is cheaper than a bus ride across town and premium categoryīs price is what I spend on grocery a week (and I only buy the cheapest of cheapest stuff)...makes me realize that the western world should just shut up complaining :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:27 PM
She passed Molik in the rankings, she's now at #9.
However it will be hard to remain in the top 10 with the points she has to defend for the rest of the year. But if the game is back, we should not worry. There's still US Open ;)This year, I just want Anastasia to pile up points.
Next year, she has nothing to defend for 6 months.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:04 PM
US Open is going to be the key to adding points, as she has a fair bit to defend elsewhere, including YEC which she is going to have to have a big couple of months to make. Also girls like Venus, Justine and Kim don't have much to defend for the rest of the year, so it will be tough to stay in top 10 and defend all her points, but all she can do is give it her best.

_LuCaS_
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Next year, she has nothing to defend for 6 months.
That's good news when you want to become #1 ;)

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:33 PM
It should mean Anastasia climbs up the ranking next year.
But first is Fed Cup.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I don't know if it has been posted here but the US team for Fed Cup is Lindsay, Venus, Morariu and Washington! I'd think Lindsay and Venus for singles and Lindsay and Morariu for doubles probably.

_LuCaS_
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:46 PM
USA are a strong team, much better than last year's finalists France who still managed to win 2 matches.
Fed Cup is about handling pressure, Russia should be ready.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I don't know if it has been posted here but the US team for Fed Cup is Lindsay, Venus, Morariu and Washington! I'd think Lindsay and Venus for singles and Lindsay and Morariu for doubles probably.

Linz on clay :tape: ...maybe sheīs a bit more motivated on red clay when sheīs playing for the US (her FO appearance was just embaressing)

Russia wins that tie, I canīt see the US winning on clay especially in Russia. Wished I could see that tie.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Nastya, Elena L., Douchevina and Safina ...they are freaking me right?!?

_LuCaS_
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Nastya, Elena L., Douchevina and Safina ...they are freaking me right?!?
huh?
Is this the team?

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:15 PM
That's the team. Same as Italy, except Bovina is injured.

_LuCaS_
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:17 PM
So I guess it's Lena D. not Lena L

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Russia
Elena Dementieva
Anastasia Myskina
Dinara Safina
Vera Douchevina
Captain: Mr Shamil Tarpischev

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Bad choices in my opinion. Safina and Douchevina should not be on the team. Petrova, Likhovtseva, and Kuznetsova all deserve it more. Plus with Likhovtseva being an excellent doubles player she would be perfect for the doubles tie. And she has played with Sveta all last year.

US brought Morariu solely for doubles and Russia should have done same with Likhovtseva.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Itīs a pity Lena L. isnīt on...pity, real pity. Sheīs like the Fed Cup icon for Russia

sinterklaasje
Jun 29th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Huh?? No Kuznetsova, Petrova, Likhovtseva? :confused:
And why is Sharapova not in the team? I tought she wanted to play for the Russian team?
Anyways, best of luck for the Russian team !! :kiss:

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Huh?? No Kuznetsova, Petrova, Likhovtseva? :confused:
And why is Sharapova not in the team? I tought she wanted to play for the Russian team?
Anyways, best of luck for the Russian team !! :kiss:

According to Gīlox, Lena L. plays WTT and Kuzi has a sore shoulder. Sharapova probably is still too young to figure out how to play more tourneys. Sheīs just 18;)

Maria! Time to get your ass up to represent your country AND especially fulfill your contract to help Moscow becoming the Olympic city :o

martirogi
Jun 29th, 2005, 11:00 PM
they sure like to put a lot of pressure on poor nastya who just had one good tourney and isn't fully back yet. basically she has to win both her ties because demen will probably win 1/2.

martirogi
Jun 29th, 2005, 11:04 PM
my computer died and i lost all my nastya avatars :hysteric:

also most of my nasdaq pictures, since i only had the few i posted here on photobucket :fiery:

damn my laziness :fiery: :fiery: :hysteric: :hysteric:

selyoink
Jun 30th, 2005, 03:34 AM

also most of my nasdaq pictures, since i only had the few i posted here on photobucket :fiery:

Sorry for the loss.

Daniel
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I am glad Nastya in in the team, also like the other players,m and it is a goodplatform for Vera D to show her talent :D

Spunky83
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:38 PM

I actually re-installed XP lately...I had to burn everything on CD first and I couldnīt believe I needed one and a half CD (700 mb each) just for my Nastya-folder :lol:

I guess Nastya should start sending out "thank you" cards to Venus, Justine and Patty. The 3 main players hindering Maria to become first russian number one ;)

_LuCaS_
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I guess Nastya should start sending out "thank you" cards to Venus, Justine and Patty. The 3 main players hindering Maria to become first russian number one ;)
Yeah but considering they're closing in to top 10 (one's already in) she should worry about her position.
I wonder if she'll still play that tier 4 :o

selyoink
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Well I think Venus will be in top 10 now as well while Molik will fall out.

Spunky83
Jun 30th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah but considering they're closing in to top 10 (one's already in) she should worry about her position.
I wonder if she'll still play that tier 4 :o

Personally...as long as Maria doesnīt become number one, everything is fine :yeah:

Itīs ok. Everyone deserves the rank they have, including Nastya. She will battle her way back up again. She will probably fall a bit during the US hardcourt season but may get the points back at the USO hopefully. :angel:

martirogi
Jun 30th, 2005, 10:53 PM
thanks gl for liking my tropicana avatar so much you saved it and posted in this thread. since i lost my comp it's the only one i have left.

saab95
Jul 1st, 2005, 09:29 AM
A present from Moscow
watch, listen & enjoi

http://www.pesni.hotmail.ru/

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2005, 03:17 PM
thanks gl for liking my tropicana avatar so much you saved it and posted in this thread. since i lost my comp it's the only one i have left.When you changed away from that avatar, I realized it wasn't in the pics thread. So I wanted to keep it around
http://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/customavatars/avatar27959_69.gif (http://wtaworld.com/member.php?u=27959) :drink: :drink: :D

_LuCaS_
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:00 PM
A present from Moscow
watch, listen & enjoi

http://www.pesni.hotmail.ru/
The song is :worship:

PS: I'm working on the Wimbledon mvid (and studying for my exams :banghead: )

_LuCaS_
Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Next is Fed Cup
Still not sure if Lindsay and Venus will play
On July, 10th the Russian forum members want to organise a meeting with Nastya. This should be interesting because at least fans know what questions to ask ( No Maria related ) :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Next is Fed Cup
Still not sure if Lindsay and Venus will play
On July, 10th the Russian forum members want to organise a meeting with Nastya. This should be interesting because at least fans know what questions to ask ( No Maria related ) :lol:

Uhhh...cool, let me do a list Iīll send over for Nastya to answer:

1. Why do you think Maria didnīt want to participate?
2. Are you disappointed that Maria isnīt in?
3. How do you see your chances against the US without Maria in the team?
4. Are you suprised that Maria didnīt win Wimbledon?
5. Do you think Maria can win the US Open this year?
6. How would you describe your relationship with Maria?
7. Have you ever spent a girls-night-out with Maria? If yes, what is it like?
8. How much would you love to beat Maria in a possible Kremlin Cup final?
9. So...are you russian girls jealous of Mariaīs success she has?
10. Did you honestly expect us to have an interview session with you without any questions related to Maria???

Actually...although it was just meant to be fun, Iīd really like to know the honest answer to question number 8 :p

_LuCaS_
Jul 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Uhhh...cool, let me do a list Iīll send over for Nastya to answer:
Surprise !!! I sent her the quiz (told her it's from her wtaworld fans) and she emailed the answers :woohoo: :haha:

1. Why do you think Maria didnīt want to participate?

She did, but unfortunately she has such a full schedule, right now she's doing a photosession in Africa to help save the Okapi

2. Are you disappointed that Maria isnīt in?

Very, but I'll try to make up for her

3. How do you see your chances against the US without Maria in the team?

We will definately try our best, it is going to be hard, but since Sveta isn't playing I think we have a good chance

4. Are you suprised that Maria didnīt win Wimbledon?

No as the kid assured me - that drink would put an elephant to sleep

5. Do you think Maria can win the US Open this year?

Not really, I mean if I'll win a tourney before that surely no, as I'll afford paying the kid (he doubled the price :( )

6. How would you describe your relationship with Maria?

Don't think she suspects anything so we're still best friends

7. Have you ever spent a girls-night-out with Maria? If yes, what is it like?

Since she's 18 it's WAY more fun, you won't believe the stuff she does when she's drunk :secret:

8. How much would you love to beat Maria in a possible Kremlin Cup final?

Not possible, as she goes out in 2nd round, that kid likes to plan everything in advance

9. So...are you russian girls jealous of Mariaīs success she has?

Why? She worked very hard to reach here, she's talented, has a great coach.And those gold written Maria shoes are awesome, btw I got one of those "Make every shot a power shot" T-shirts. So cool.

10. Did you honestly expect us to have an interview session with you without any questions related to Maria???

That would be very rude of you.

frenchie
Jul 4th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Hello, I'm just back from Morocco (very nice but poor)
So QF for Nastya at wimby. I'd say it's a good result but the best thing for me is her body language. She was completely determined to win every match! That's our Nastya!

Is she finally going to play FC, singles and/or doubles? I didn't understood

Spunky83
Jul 4th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Hello, I'm just back from Morocco (very nice but poor)
So QF for Nastya at wimby. I'd say it's a good result but the best thing for me is her body language. She was completely determined to win every match! That's our Nastya!

Is she finally going to play FC, singles and/or doubles? I didn't understood

Sheīs in the team together with Dementieva, Douchevina, Safina. I think thereīs a pretty good chance for her to play singles, maybe not two times, but weīll see. No one honestly expects Douchevina to play the Wimby finalists in singles

sinterklaasje
Jul 4th, 2005, 08:54 PM
On July, 10th the Russian forum members want to organise a meeting with Nastya.

I'll arrive a day too late in Moscow (and I'm not Russian) :bigcry:

Spunky83
Jul 4th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I'll arrive a day too late in Moscow (and I'm not Russian) :bigcry:

What are you doing there?

sinterklaasje
Jul 4th, 2005, 10:29 PM
What are you doing there?

I'll be visiting Russia, holidays ;)
I might meet Nastya in Moscow and wish her a happy birthday !! (yeah right, dream on) :)

Spunky83
Jul 5th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I'll be visiting Russia, holidays ;)
I might meet Nastya in Moscow and wish her a happy birthday !! (yeah right, dream on) :)

Yeah...I mean in case they make the finals, you should try to work your way into the most luxurious night-clubs, could be worth it (and make sure to take a lot of money with you;))

_LuCaS_
Jul 5th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Myskina says she is excited to face mighty USA
Anastasia Myskina tells Chris Bowers that the Russian team is excited to be facing the powerful USA, especially with Davis Cup following Fed Cup in Moscow
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/FC_1976_mp3.MP3

selyoink
Jul 5th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Glad to here she is looking forward to the challenge. I hope she can give Russia some valuable victories.

martirogi
Jul 5th, 2005, 02:39 PM
i had a dream last night that nastya was practicing her tennis at my university and i got to talk to her. :inlove: of course she looked really hot, but now that i think about it she couldnt play tennis in the type of clothes she had on :devil:

_LuCaS_
Jul 5th, 2005, 02:56 PM
i had a dream last night that nastya was practicing her tennis at my university and i got to talk to her. :inlove: of course she looked really hot, but now that i think about it she couldnt play tennis in the type of clothes she had on :devil:
as in practically impossible? :hehehe:

Spunky83
Jul 5th, 2005, 03:31 PM
The thing which makes me happy the most actually is that she seems to be pretty upbeat lately about everything (and practically "everything" everything).

@Martirogi: what the hell was she wearing which would have make playing tennis impossible? A ballroom gown? Marriage gown? :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Nastya seems to be in a good mood. This will be 2 difficult matches.
But if she wins, Nastya's confidence should be all the way back.

Spunky83
Jul 5th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Nastya seems to be in a good mood. This will be 2 difficult matches.
But if she wins, Nastya's confidence should be all the way back.

I really have the feeling it will be a lot of fun for her with her mum, friends and the rest of the family all attending...itīs definetly a great match-up. Wimbyī05 finalists vs. French Openī04 finalists. God, I would love to see that! Iīll have the chance to get it after the matches have been played, but live must be awesome!

Almalyk
Jul 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Good luck in Fed Cup Anastasia - great to finally see some fight at Wimbledon!

Spunky83
Jul 7th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Wondering how much Nastya had to do with Elenaīs decision to part from her coach...not managing to win against her in particular always made her go nuts. Coincidence? Donīt think so;)

Speaking of player-coach relation: Iīve uploaded a small clip from the San Diego match with a very interesting typical Nastya-Cutie J on court "discussion"...you gotta see this! :lol:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2866301/2004_San_Diego_SF_Player-Coach_interaction_LOL.mpg.html

miffedmax
Jul 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Wondering how much Nastya had to do with Elenaīs decision to part from her coach...not managing to win against her in particular always made her go nuts. Coincidence? Donīt think so;)

I suspect and fear the decision was Mommy Vera's, not Lena's.

Maybe she should hire Jens? Or would Mommy Vera yell at him even more than Nastya does?

goldenlox
Jul 7th, 2005, 04:47 PM
счастливый день рождения!

Spunky83
Jul 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I suspect and fear the decision was Mommy Vera's, not Lena's.

Maybe she should hire Jens? Or would Mommy Vera yell at him even more than Nastya does?

LOL...somehow I have the feeling Nastya canīt live without yelling at Jens and Jens canīt live without getting screamed at by his player, so...I donīt think Elena can be mean enough towards him.

I heard Ancic fired his coach too and well...thereīs still Brad Gilbert. Heīs not really working with Tati, so maybe he can talk Elena into serving well ;)

Almalyk
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Приветствия дня рождения!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Happy B-day Nastya :hug: :bdaycake: :) :aparty:
the best present she could have is two more singles wins :) :D and a win for RUSSIA :)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2005, 07:26 AM
C Днём Рождения!!!

Побольше удачи и веры в себя!!!

Happy B-Day!!!

Spunky83
Jul 8th, 2005, 10:58 AM
According to the Fed Cup site, one of the chinese CCTV channels is going to broadcast the matches live...thus meaning: LIVE ONLINE COVERAGE :bounce:

Here the CCTV links: http://mediahopper.com/television/44.htm

cellophane
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:06 PM
According to the Fed Cup site, one of the chinese CCTV channels is going to broadcast the matches live...thus meaning: LIVE ONLINE COVERAGE :bounce:

Here the CCTV links: http://mediahopper.com/television/44.htm

Looks like it will be on Dubai Sports live according to the schedule as well, and the feed is pretty good quality. :worship: :D YAY!

It's the first link on the page:

http://www.broadcast-live.com/sports/webcasts.html

Knizzle
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Hey thanks for the links guys, I knew someone supporting Russia would come through for us. Hope we see good matches and Myskina and Dementieva play well.

_LuCaS_
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:17 PM
http://img134.echo.cx/img134/3994/412bt.jpg

cellophane
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Looks like it will be on Dubai Sports live according to the schedule as well, and the feed is pretty good quality. :worship: :D YAY!

It's the first link on the page:

http://www.broadcast-live.com/sports/webcasts.html

Hmm, looks like what they are showing now was pre-recorded. :( :confused: Don't know if this feed is perhaps outdated. :confused:

Spunky83
Jul 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Hmm, looks like what they are showing now was pre-recorded. :( :confused: Don't know if this feed is perhaps outdated. :confused:

Yeah, found that one too...but duh...I donīt think itīs live either or maybe itīs just not live because they are off-air?!?

Anyway, hereīs a list:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=177963

Come on people, it canīt be impossible!

KV
Jul 8th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Happy Birthday and good luck vs. U.S.A.

Spunky83
Jul 8th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Thx Lucas for posting this pic in the Fed Cup forum:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8134/570fy.jpg

Is she smiling at her mobile phone? Or letīs better say the person who contacted that phone...one day she will start checking her phone during change overs on court :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 8th, 2005, 07:53 PM
"The match against Venus is going to be tough for me because she has just won in Wimbledon. ... But we've been practicing hard and I think no one will be dazzled," Myskina said.

Spunky83
Jul 8th, 2005, 07:59 PM
I think Nastya will win...clay to grass, grass to clay is never good especially not for someone whose worst surface is clay anyway.

_LuCaS_
Jul 8th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Joy is present
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/8016/48uf.jpghttp://img280.imageshack.us/img280/6462/19ah.jpg
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/1217/28ur.jpghttp://img280.imageshack.us/img280/8146/39gx.jpg

Jens is there too (4 Spunky)
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/9218/yens0jt.jpg
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/1515/yens17kv.jpg

Spunky83
Jul 8th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Jens is there too (4 Spunky)

You sure do know how to make me smile ;)

Itīs nice that he sticks around although itīs Fed Cup. A lot of coaches donīt do that...or maybe itīs in his contract :tape:

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:06 AM
It should start any minute now

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Nastya breaks 1-0

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Venus breaks back 1-1

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Nastya breaks again 2-1

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Nastya holds 3-1 :D

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:23 AM
3-2

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
4-2 (saving BP)

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:33 AM
4-3

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Nastya holds 5-3 :D ;)

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:39 AM
30 30 on venus serve

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:40 AM
5-4 :scared: please hold Nastya

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:40 AM
venus holds 5 4 now finish her off nasty

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:41 AM
are you biting your nails too lucas?You know nastys nasty serve dont u

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM
0 15

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM
0 30

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:43 AM
0-40 damn it :mad: :banghead:

Mightymirza
5 5 ohh nasty

_LuCaS_
5-5 :help:

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:44 AM
hey u mind talking a bit to me too i am scared rt now

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:45 AM
40 15 save please

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
6 5:(

_LuCaS_
5-6 :(
focus girl
Not looking good, but I'm used to this, gotta keep faith

Mightymirza
you think she can make it?

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM
shit 7 5 what u doing nasty

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Don't know how is it out there...Venus plays crap until 5-3 and then wakes up or Nastya playing good until 5-3 and rolling down now ... anyway 5-7 from 5-3 GREAT

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:55 AM
0-1 (nice job in front of the home crowd) :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Woman serving for the set...God, the should put a graphic in front of the other player, always saying Breaking for the set/match.

She needs to forget the first set and start to concentrate on the second now...which obviously is a big problem for her. Up to 0-3 she can fall behind, thatīs one break, but no double break, Nastya.

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:59 AM
well she should concentrate more its not lenaD shes playing with whose serve is easy to attack anyways holdsfrom 0 40 Keep it up and kick venuss ass..

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:00 AM
1-1 saving BPs, crazy

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:01 AM
venus holds to 0 again:(

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Easy hold from Venus 1-2

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Nastya holds to love :eek: 2-2

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:06 AM
nasty holds easy too 2 2

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:07 AM
hey u rem the match between schnyder and lenaD wher lena lost 1st set and fell 0 40 in opening game in next and won the game and then 3rd set 6 0 I want nasty to win like that

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Wasted BP :(

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:09 AM
wasted 2 Bps at least get this 1

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Another

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:12 AM
FINALLY converted a BP 3-2
Hold

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:13 AM
3 2 to nasty :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Now dont surrender urself fight

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Venus breaks back :yawn: 3-3

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:16 AM
3 3 ohh this sucks..

Vass22
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Nastya davai.
She can do it.

Vass22
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:18 AM
0-30 on Venus' serve.

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Nastya breaks 4-3 :zzz: deja-vu?

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Breaks again...Are you sure shes not playing to LenaD?The scoreline is similar to lena match

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:21 AM
LOL...seriously when Nastya continues with her 33% first serve percentage and still wins this second set: :hatoff:

Anyway...4-3...needs to hold serve first

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:22 AM
If she holds for 5-3 and losses this one too, I'll throw my mouse over the street

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:22 AM
40 0 :d

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Breaks again...Are you sure shes not playing to LenaD?The scoreline is similar to lena match

Huh? The one from Wimby? Nastya lost the first set 1-6 or something like that?

As far as I see it, sheīs playing on her maximum (well maximum that is 1000&% better than the first 5 months of this year)

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:24 AM
5-3 so far so good
NOW BREAK PLEASE ????????????????????

Spunky83
If she holds for 5-3 and losses this one too, I'll throw my mouse over the street

Seriously...SHE NEEDS TO BREAK FOR THE SET NOW!!!!

Myskina: "Breaking for set"

COME ON!!!! :bounce:

Mightymirza
Well lets atleast talk good?I am sure your mouse will be saved.Break heragain nasty.

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:26 AM
fuck..deja-vu...serious deja-vu

Mightymirza
ohh no 5 4 again hold now nasty

Spunky83
Well lets atleast talk good?I am sure your mouse will be saved.Break heragain nasty.

Yeah...save the animals!

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM
5-4 I got a headache already

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM
15 0

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:28 AM
30 0 so farso good

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:28 AM
40 0 now if she loses her game you better throw that mouse

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:29 AM
6-4....here we gooooooooo!!!!

Mightymirza
6 4 nasty go nasty go ur mouse saved too

_LuCaS_
Stupid mouse escaped :(
YAY 6-4 :woohoo:
Now what will the 3rd set hold for us? I don't dare to think

iced gem
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:30 AM
wow! As I switched on the live scoring Nastya won the second set! :woohoo:

Spunky83
Could be 6-4 6-4 by now;)

Anyway...letīs come back to earth...guys: Do you notice at all that Nastya is Nastya again (no matter what happens in this set now)?!? I am really looking forward to see how she will do this summer/fall.

TheBoiledEgg
go Nastya ;) :D
keep going :) :hug:

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:32 AM
wow! As I switched on the live scoring Nastya won the second set! :woohoo:

Cool...then go away, come back in letīs say 15 minutes (enough for a bagel) and then switch on the pc again, ok? I promised my parents to go home and they are already mad that I didnīt arrive yesterday :o

NASTYA :bounce:

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:33 AM
To spookey [/QUOTE]Huh? The one from Wimby? Nastya lost the first set 1-6 or something like that?

As far as I see it, sheīs playing on her maximum (well maximum that is 1000&% better than the first 5 months of this year)[QUOTE]

Yeah well it was 6 1 in 1st set but the 3rd set was kinda similar to this i think anyways maybe not too good analogy but still go nasty go

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Nastya breaks 1-0 :) go girl

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Nastya dares to break Venus 1-0 :)

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Break fest, I can only imagine the crowd

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:37 AM
its all over set 1 again nasty broke and was broken strt back

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM
venus 15 40 again break her nasty

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM
2 1 to nasty i hope this 1 wont go on 1st set way

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:41 AM
another break *2-1
Nastya got to concentrate, big game now

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Nastya breaks 2-1 LOL

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:45 AM
yes 3-1 :hug: ;) another break will be great

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Nastya holds 3-1 :scared: :scared:

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:46 AM
ok 3 1 now be careful

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:47 AM
venus 40 0:(

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Easy hold Venus 3-2

iced gem
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Come on Nastya! :bounce: Hold your serve!

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:49 AM
15 0 to nasty hold now plz

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:50 AM
finish match in routinemanner plznasty i am allergic to too much spice

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Nastya holds 4-2 :D :hug: :scared:

Mightymirza
4 2 but still not time to celebrate

TheBoiledEgg
4-2 :) go girl
two more games :)
you can do it :)

Spunky83
4-2 and we are at 33% first serves in again :lol:

Break now, Nastya...would be a pretty good idea;)

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:53 AM
2 BPs now finish her nasty

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:54 AM
yes *5-2 ;) :woohoo:
finish her off Nastya

_LuCaS_
She breaks 5-2 :woohoo: :banana:
Now serving for the match :scared:

Mightymirza
5 2 to nasty yee now just serve it out and 33%is pathetic

Spunky83
4-2 and we are at 33% first serves in again :lol:

Break now, Nastya...would be a pretty good idea;)

5-2 THANK YOU!!!

Always take my advices and youīll be fine;)

Uhhhh....come on, come on...Venus is 12-1 win losses in Fed Cup...time to make a 12-2 out of it;)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Ok, she has the chance to at least serve twice for the match!

iced gem
You can do it Nastya...double break cushion

Mightymirza
Damn had it been henin i wud be celebrating by now but its nasty and the xfactor is always ther do u agree guys

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Damn had it been henin i wud be celebrating by now but its nasty and the xfactor is always ther do u agree guys
read our sig ;)

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM
well last time she lost was LenaD right?This time itll be Nasty i guess friends kicking herbutt

Mightymirza
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM
15 30 ohh no

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Oh...Henin fans even celebrate when sheīs 1-5 down the decisive set :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:58 AM
2 points come on!

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Mp

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Nastya did it :banana: :hug:

Spunky83
yep!!!

_LuCaS_
NASTYA WINS !!!!!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :dance: :)
5-7 6-4 6-2

Mightymirza
Nasty wins 6 2yeee now u go LenaD

iced gem
:woohoo: :hug:
Well done Nastya!!

Epigone
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Nastya :worship:

iced gem
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:02 PM
only wish that I could have seen some of the match :sad:

Greenout
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Watched it!~

Really sloppy - and so much emoting. :lol:

She was good and got better in the third. Venus? Played like
what we have usually seen from her on clay court. Trying to blow
away winners, and hitting way too hard from the baseline. The
post Wimbledon volleys were awful by the way.

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Definetly a good win...has it every occured to you guys how often Nastya says "definetly"??? :lol:

Itīs like Justineīs "for sure" and Kimīs "you know" and J-capīs "F-u-c-k"

@m@nd@
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:18 PM
:worship: well done nastya :D

Greenout
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Nastya beats Prince Albert of Monaco's mistress!!! :lol:

iced gem
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Definetly a good win...has it every occured to you guys how often Nastya says "definetly"??? :lol:

Itīs like Justineīs "for sure" and Kimīs "you know" and J-capīs "F-u-c-k"

I hadn't noticed that before...but I will definitely keep an eye out for it in the future! :lol:

Greenout
The chair umpire was Sandra De Jenken. :lol:
It was cool how she gave the scores out in Russian, then in English.

Dementinator
The Captain of the SS Dementieva congratulates the Gunboat Myskina on a job well done!!

Our turn next!! Buckle up here we go!!! Beta BLockers on standby!!

Spunky83
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:24 PM
The chair umpire was Sandra De Jenken. :lol:
It was cool how she gave the scores out in Russian, then in English.

Sandra? Oh, cool;)

Noticed that Nastya wears last yearīs Fed Cup shirt???

Greenout
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Sandra? Oh, cool;)

Noticed that Nastya wears last yearīs Fed Cup shirt???

Hmm.. red top, white hip hugger shorts was her outfit today.

Dinara and Vera were watching the match huddled together.
Everytime it got rather tense, Dinara started to go in coaching
mode and did this "put pressure on her" hand gestures. :lol:

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Hmm.. red top, white hip hugger shorts was her outfit today.

Dinara and Vera were watching the match huddled together.
Everytime it got rather tense, Dinara started to go in coaching
mode and did this "put pressure on her" hand gestures. :lol:

KV
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Couldn't have given her a better Birthday present. :)

Munich
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:38 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

jmcfarla
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Amazing, we definately saw a turning point for Nastya over the Jankovic/Dementieva matches at Wimbledon. There was something more confident in her.

To turn it up for her country when the pressure was on, you come to expect nothing less from her.

Great stuff Nastya.

lovlenad
Jul 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM
they are showing Nastya's match in China CCTV5

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Myskina gives Russians early advantage
Anastasia Myskina defeated Wimbledon champion Venus Williams 57 64 62 to give Russia an early 1-0 lead over the USA in their Fed Cup World Group semifinal in Moscow.
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_2073_gallery.JPGhttp://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_2078_gallery.JPG
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_2080_gallery.JPG
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_2081_gallery.JPG
Jens part of the Russian team :)

Dementinator
Jul 9th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Well The SS Dementieva and the Gunboat Myskina can sit side by side after a good job done!! I was worried for a moment when Lena was 1-5 down but comes back to take 6 games in a row!! amazing! a good day for them both!! Well done folks!!!

martirogi
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:22 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

since i didnt get to see it live i was trying to relive the emotions by reading this thread. dear god lucas this quote is hilarious.

martirogi
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:26 PM
nastya is just so amazing sometimes :sad: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:27 PM
That was a good win. Now Nastya has to be ready for tomorrow.
Although, if it's 3-0, she probably won't play.

_LuCaS_
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Fine with me ;)
Today's match proved once again Nastya's fighting spirit. It must have been great there with a full stadium. Slumping or not when it comes to Fed Cup you can count on her.

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:52 PM
The pressure of being a defending FO champion is over.
She may have let it affect her. And her confidence fell off.
Now she can just play, without great expectations.

ys
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I don't understand Nastya's scheduling.. She didn't overplay. She is eager, she needs to play more to fully regain her confidence and rebuild her rankings and.. She does not play for a month? And then plays Tier IV? :confused: I think she needs to consider a wildcard for Stanford..

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Maybe she wants to spend time with her mom.

ys
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Maybe she wants to spend time with her mom.

I think her mom saw enough of Nastya's career suffer, and the last thing she wants for Nastya is to go into another slump because of not playing. OK, play Budapest then. Play Palermo. Win a match and fly home. Can afford. But she can't afford another slump this season.

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I know she doesn't like California. She said she was homesick last year, when she got there.
And she skipped IW this year.
She can take a WC if she wants. Maybe she decided to see where her game was after Wimbledon, before committing.

martirogi
Jul 9th, 2005, 08:44 PM
i think the reason is that she doesn't want to go to california and then fly to stockholm and back to us again. that would be a little crazy.

Derek.
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Nastya! :worship:

selyoink
Jul 10th, 2005, 05:39 AM
I'm so glad Anastasia got the win. I was really worried but once again she has showed us that she can still be a top player.

I only wish she played every tournament as if it was Fed Cup. Then she would be the best player on tour.

Roddicksgaylover
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:28 AM
I'm so glad Anastasia got the win. I was really worried but once again she has showed us that she can still be a top player.

I only wish she played every tournament as if it was Fed Cup. Then she would be the best player on tour.

I agree - she is very patriotic!

However, this victory is another step in the right direction

frenchie
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Nastya is certainly going to play as LenaD just lost to Venus 6/1-6/2!

@m@nd@
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:35 AM
good luck nastya :D

itzhak
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:41 AM
It's against Craybas..not Washington

Greenout
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:42 AM
They changed---

It's Jill Craybas -vs- Nastya!

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Nastya took first set 6-2 :yeah:

ys
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks God we have Nastya..:)

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:27 AM
2-0 in the second and deuce from 15-40 ;)

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Some fight here BPs, GPs wasted

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Finally Nastya breaks 3-0 :)

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Craybas breaks 3-1, don't play Nastya

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Another hard disputed game...

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Craybas holds
Nastya 3-2

Dementinator
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:47 AM
come on NAstya Craybas is no match for you at all ,finish her off ,great move by the US team to replace Mashona by Craybas :lol:

make this a done deal please!!

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Nastya holds 4-2

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Nastya better focus and finish this off
*4-3 now

Dementinator
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:56 AM
yes concentrate NAstya ,dont fluff it! keep up the pressure..

Greenout
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Damn..

3 minute injury timeout. Nastya has a tight hamstring- they
are trying to massage it out.

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Craybas breaks 4-4 :(

Dementinator
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
oh shit no!!! just what we dont want oh BOLLOCKS!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:59 AM
not a hamstring :(
Nastya, fight girl

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM
She breaks :D :) 5-4
Now serve it out :unsure:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM
serve it out Nastya :) *5-4

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM
3 MPs :)

TheBoiledEgg
Nastya does it again :kiss: :banana:

_LuCaS_
It's over Nastya wins 6-2 6-4
Russia 3-1 :woohoo:

Greenout
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Hurrah!

Craybas played crap in the last points. :lol:

KV
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks Nastya :D

Dementinator
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
well done the Gunboat Myskina!! I guess Lena was confident in you enough to play crap in her match with Vee and do some practice :lol:

good Stuff!!

Well done all the Russians!!!!

ys
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Amazing, we definately saw a turning point for Nastya over the Jankovic/Dementieva matches at Wimbledon.

The turning point was at Eastbourne.

Greenout
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Don't get too excited, yet. Nastya didn't play very well in this match
against Craybas. Still a long way to go- but great to see her look
much more confident, looking for a win.

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:14 PM
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4206/13sp.jpg

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Greenout we can't expect her to win every match easily. It's important that she wins. Confidence first. Then game.

Greenout
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Greenout we can't expect her to win every match easily. It's important that she wins. Confidence first. Then game.

Right, it was nice to see Jens looking proud too. :)

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I guess you don't have a capture device :)

jmcfarla
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Well Done Nastya,

I've said it before in the fed cup you can come up against players ranked way below you, it doesn't matter how you win, all that matters is that you get the point (if Nastya had absolutely demolished Craybas no one would have been screaming she the best, they would have said look at the quality of the opposition, a la the first rubber of last years semi against Austria).

Nastya continues to prove that when her country needs her she can be relied on. :)

Great stuff from the Russians, another final with France awaits.

itzhak
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:22 PM
There is an interview from today with Anastasia with reference to Sharapova or something like this (in Gazeta.ru)- somebody can translate it?

Spunky83
Jul 10th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Right, it was nice to see Jens looking proud too. :)

I am sooo not suprised about that ;)

My mum asked me why Sharapova doesnīt play again..."lol, who needs her when you can have Nastya playing for her country?"

Itīs really interesting to see them playing the finals at Roland Garros...I think Nastya will love to have the chance to step back on those courts again as she didnīt really have the chance to play well there last time and besides...Momo playing in front of her home crowd in an important event? :tape:

martirogi
Jul 10th, 2005, 06:25 PM
why doesnt russia get to host, they're defending champs :confused:

selyoink
Jul 10th, 2005, 09:57 PM
why doesnt russia get to host, they're defending champs :confused:

Last year France were defending champs if I recall correctly and the final was played in Russia. Maybe that has something to do with it. :confused:

Another great win for Nastya. She is so clutch in Fed Cup. Never had much to worry about today. I hope the rest of the summer goes smoothly for her.

What is her next scheduled tournament?

_LuCaS_
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:27 PM
What is her next scheduled tournament?
That tier 4...Stockholm

fleur137
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:39 PM
That tier 4...Stockholm
But that's a tier4 and isn't there other tournies before Stockholm that she has points to defend? From memory, Stanford, San Diego...

martirogi
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM
i was cleaning my room today and found these old tapes. i was like hmm wonder what i recorded on these. i put them in and was amazed to see the nastya on my tv. :hearts: apparently i recorded the yec matches vs serena and sharapova. of course my luck that she lost both matches after leading :rolleyes:

selyoink
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:25 PM
A tier IV. Why?

I know she isn't playing San Diego even though she was a finalist last year.

I guess maybe she just wants to be close to home and pound on lower ranked players. She better win Stockholm.

fleur137
Jul 11th, 2005, 12:10 AM
But isn't she gonna lose a lot of points? I mean it was the finals of San Diego....shouldn't she play something before? cos then in August Olympics points come off as well...eek...