PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

goldenlox
May 24th, 2005, 06:44 PM
A pro athlete is not like an accountant.
Anastasia can't just take a year off, and hang out at her mom's bedside.
She has a short career, and it involves being match tough.

Nastya has to play, but she needs the mental aspect, confidence and focus.

_LuCaS_
May 24th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Jens has a critical role now. He can think of a playing strategy for her. He must talk to her. He must bring the confidence back. More then ever. If he's not up to the job better step aside.

frenchie
May 24th, 2005, 07:10 PM
(got some pics?)
Yes with my cell-phone but my brother took pics of her. I think they are pretty bad but I'll try to post them later

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Jens has a critical role now. He can think of a playing strategy for her. He must talk to her. He must bring the confidence back. More then ever. If he's not up to the job better step aside.

Wonīt happen, he would never leave her now. It was actually Jens who told her not to play Rome but to go home. If Jens leaves, Nastya would lose a very important person in her life.

@goldenlox: yep, as it is her job to play tennis, for sure she must try to focuse on her game. Itīs just part of the game...but Nastya, I think if you had to make a list with the most sensitive personalities on the tour, she would be ranked very high. Sometimes I have the feeling sheīs a smart cat in a room full of Lions. Sheīs just too nice.

Maybe we should just stop thinking and just wait and see and hope;)

cerbero
May 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Yes Spunky put some sense in those thick heads...

martirogi
May 25th, 2005, 12:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/trianon/bscap009.jpg

the eyes of a champion to cheer everyone up :D

ys
May 25th, 2005, 02:53 AM
I
But Anastasia has to play without thinking about outside stuff.
That's what pro athletes do. They keep their focus, when they are competing.

You saw it just as well as all of us. She has no focus, she has no fire right now.. The sisters took a serious chunk of a season off after their sister was killed. Nastya should not torture herself.. I think she needs to take some time and come back only when she is eager again..

cerbero
May 25th, 2005, 07:49 AM
@ ys
Other good examples of that are Justine and Kim. The problem with Nastya is like an injury, only it's in her head, and it should be treated like an injury...she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown...

daniela86
May 25th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I agree with cerbero and ys, that kind of dreadful experience builds a strong personnality and i'm sure that when this excruaciating period of her life will end, Nastya will be much stronger,will have a better fight spirit and will be very motivated on and off court :D I don't know what she will do, like Spunky said , we can only wait and see but i wish her good luck coz she will need it :hug: :hug: :hug :hug: :hug: All our thoughts are with you, Nastya :hug: :hug: :hug:
And :yeah: at Martirogi for posting her beautiful eyes :D

_LuCaS_
May 25th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Maybe we should just stop thinking and just wait and see and hope;)
And play word games until then right? :lol:

Wish we knew more about her mother's condition.

She's positive about next year, as she won't have to defend any titles according to http://www.mk.ru/numbers/1647/article54477.htm
Nothing on the close future plans though.

Spunky83
May 25th, 2005, 12:28 PM
And play word games until then right? :lol:

Wish we knew more about her mother's condition.

She's positive about next year, as she won't have to defend any titles according to http://www.mk.ru/numbers/1647/article54477.htm
Nothing on the close future plans though.

Thx...did she forgot about Moscow or does that imply that she probably wonīt play this year at all? Anyway, good too see that she just hopes everything will be fine.

And yes wordgames! Letīs do it! Whatīs this:

_u_as t_e _og :confused:

Foot's Fingers
May 25th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Nasty will plays mixed doubles with.... Jonas Bjorkman
They are 4 seeded

Nice choice

_LuCaS_
May 25th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Thx...did she forgot about Moscow or does that imply that she probably wonīt play this year at all? Anyway, good too see that she just hopes everything will be fine.

And yes wordgames! Letīs do it! Whatīs this:

_u_as t_e _og :confused:
I got no idea...:toothy: :dog:

:confused: _e_ _ah _o_e_ M__i_ :confused:

goldenlox
May 25th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Nasty will plays mixed doubles with.... Jonas Bjorkman
They are 4 seeded

Nice choiceShe entered doubles and mixed, so Nastya expected to be in Paris for 2 weeks.

She didn't want to spend these 2 weeks at her mom's bedside.

martirogi
May 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM
im so excited about mixed doubles :banana: :banana: :banana: what if she wins both doubles :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

_LuCaS_
May 25th, 2005, 06:04 PM
She entered doubles and mixed, so Nastya expected to be in Paris for 2 weeks.

She didn't want to spend these 2 weeks at her mom's bedside.
Anastasia and Tatiana lost today 6-3,0-6,2-6.

She wants to do something until tuesday when the ITF world champions ceremony takes place (besides :hearts: shopping :hearts: LOL).

goldenlox
May 25th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Myskina completely loses confidence

By Cynthia Faulkner
ESPN.com

PARIS – Lost and confused. A defending champion no more.

In fact, as Anastasia Myskina held back tears, she only seemed sure of one thing.

"I clearly understood that I'm losing the match," she said with a sardonic smile Monday.

Everything else seems up in the air. She might need to play more. She might take some time off. Or practice harder.

Myskina became the first defending champion – male or female – to lose in the first round at Roland Garros. It was only the third time in the open era that a women's champion lost in the first round.

Afterward, she sat, seemingly bewildered as to why. Her injured shoulder was fine, she said. That wasn't her problem.

"If my shoulder would be ready for a hundred percent, I still would not win this match," Myskina said. "It's not a matter of my shoulder."

Her 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 loss to Maria Sanchez Lorenzo went up and down like Myskina's sometimes mercurial moods. Shaky in the first set, Myskina seemed to have things in hand in the second. In the third, she completely collapsed.

"I think right now I can lose to anybody because in the past couple of weeks, I can't even pass the first shot," Myskina said. "So no matter who is playing against me, the girl's just winning. … I can't say she did something really special to beat me today."

With 69 unforced errors, Myskina wasn't being malicious when she said her opponent was not the reason for her loss.

She went through a letdown after defeating countrywoman and friend Elena Dementieva to win the 2004 title. She only reached the third round at Wimbledon, the second at the U.S. Open and fell in the fourth round of the Australian Open to start this year.

"You mentally, physically get so tired because when you play here, you don't really realize how hard [it is] to play and be here for two weeks," Myskina said Sunday. "As soon as it's over, then next day you feel empty, I don't know, [you can] feel empty for months."

Myskina, although seeded fifth, had hardly been mentioned as a favorite here. She struggled throughout the clay-court season and dealt with a shoulder injury. Plus, she's suffered personal problems. Her mother Galina is ill with a "serious problem." Myskina said little beyond that and asked for privacy Sunday.

"It was pretty hard time," she said. "But I'm a professional tennis player, so I have to play no matter what. I'm here."

Clearly, it's having an effect.

"Last year she was playing unbelievable, no?" Sanchez Lorenzo said. "The people were telling me, I mean, she has personal problems. It's not about her game. I think it's about her mind, no?

"And I feel so sorry for her."

So sorry that like Myskina, who comforted her friend instead of celebrating her first Grand Slam title last year, Sanchez Lorenzo showed little excitement at a major upset.

"If the circumstances had been a little different, if she hadn't been in such a difficult moment, possibly I would have celebrated a bit more," Sanchez Lorenzo said.

"It's difficult really to understand what I have to do on the court," Myskina said. "You know, when the balls come to me, I don't really know what I have to do … "

On Sunday, she thought her favorite tournament might help turn her around.

"I was kind of hoping that when I'm going to be back here that I will get my confidence back," she said.

Instead, she put on a brave face and answered questions about a historic loss.

"My game right now, perfect just to be off the court," she said. "You know, we'll see. I mean, I want to play my best, of course, on grass, and I want to go to Wimbledon and Eastbourne. But I don't really know right now."

There's one more thing of which she is certain. She's lost her belief.

"I'm not confident," she said. "I have no confidence at all right now on the courts."

Spunky83
May 25th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Oh mixed doubles with Bjorkman? Sounds funny...that guy annoyed me soo much this year in Hamburg when he was sitting two seats away from me during the match T. Johansson vs. Chela. Obviously heīs one of those spectators who just canīt shut up for just one second, talking and talking...and he scared me with his loud shouts when he cheered for his friend...lol

LUCAS THE DOG ...is the riddleīs answer;)

_LuCaS_
May 25th, 2005, 06:28 PM
"I have no idea" and then :dog: didn't hit you? Oh Spunky ... Nastya's performance has affected you too.

Anyway I must be the smartest dog on the planet...using a keyboard :hehehe: :nerner:

_LuCaS_
May 25th, 2005, 06:30 PM
And that lack of confidence is obvious. Same text different article. On and on

goldenlox
May 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
"You know, we'll see. I mean, I want to play my best, of course, on grass, and I want to go to Wimbledon and Eastbourne. But I don't really know right now."

_LuCaS_
May 25th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Looks like a normal schedule for an early exit in RG. Preparation tourney and then Wimbledon. We'll see

Spunky83
May 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM
"I have no idea" and then :dog: didn't hit you? Oh Spunky ... Nastya's performance has affected you too.

Anyway I must be the smartest dog on the planet...using a keyboard :hehehe: :nerner:

No, no...I got the hint (of course youīre the dog). I just wanted to repeeat the answer;)

Spunky83
May 25th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Unbelievable...this is just crazy...I am looking forward to see the number of visitors on a-m.com :eek: May 2005 will be a recordbreaking month for the website, just wished it had something to do with tennis.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Spunky83/6dac228d.jpg

sinterklaasje
May 25th, 2005, 11:11 PM
huh??
For some reason (I don't know why) people like to watch other people's misery.
She's been in the top 10 for some time en yet she remained unnoticed. When she won RG, she finally got the media attention she deserves. Sad that she becomes now a 'celebrity' because of her poor results and her personal problems :sad:

ramptoeristen!!! :mad:

Spunky83
May 25th, 2005, 11:18 PM
huh??
For some reason (I don't know why) people like to watch other people's misery.
She's been in the top 10 for some time en yet she remained unnoticed. When she won RG, she finally got the media attention she deserves. Sad that she becomes now a 'celebrity' because of her poor results and her personal problems :sad:

ramptoeristen!!! :mad:

Well, the list doesnīt mean though that sheīs the most searched on the web (although she "gained" that spot after her infamous nude-shots on several engines). Still, itīs amazing that there are like 800% searches more than yesterday. Just assuming, that 150 people a day search for her all over the world (just on YAHOO!), suddenly itīs 120000. Do I get that wrong? Incredible. Now I know where all the shitty guestbook spam comes from. So wonderful :o

Although...I gotta admit that I checked Kylieīs website a week ago (which closed due to high traffic), just because I wanted to see how the website handles it and reading the official press-release (I study science of media...I have an excuse;)). Who would have thought that this was actually a good preparation for am.com in some way? (fuck you irony! :o )

_LuCaS_
May 27th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Finally
:banana:

selyoink
May 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Myskina won her 1st round mixed doubles match today. At least she doesn't go home 0-3.

Spunky83
May 27th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Oh my...I got a light sunstroke today...my headīs burning. However, 33 degrees always rock;)

Good to see Nastya having at least a little bit success over there in Paris!

Breakaway
May 27th, 2005, 08:37 PM
:bounce:

I wonder how it came about that her and Jonas teamed up??

sinterklaasje
May 27th, 2005, 08:52 PM

me too
I hope she enjoys playing mixed doubles

C'mon Nastya :bounce: :bounce:
some nice wins to boost your confidence :banana: :banana:

_LuCaS_
May 27th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Oh my...I got a light sunstroke today...my headīs burning. However, 33 degrees always rock;)

Let's hope there no damage inside :)
It's hot alright...:cool:

Winning the mixed title could be a boost...winning a match or 2 no

Spunky83
May 27th, 2005, 09:10 PM

Normally (if you donīt have your "fixed mixed" partner), you just walk around and bump into a player accidently whom you ask then. I tell you, if it was me I would have a lot of fun searching for a mixed partner :drool:

sinterklaasje
May 27th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Hey, I'm just trying to be optimistic in these hard times ;)
winning the mixed title would indeed be very nice :cool:

Spunky83
May 27th, 2005, 09:13 PM
http://www.amiannoying.com/(shxmya55nk12y455cfwrkq55)/collection.aspx?collection=69

Hey, Nastya is the least annoying tennis star at the moment...itīs getting freaky out there in the media world. Donīt take the page seriously, but itīs just plain funny.

Daniel
May 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Go Nastya in mixed doubles :)

_LuCaS_
May 28th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I can't believe how many stupid posters in GM question her motives

Spunky83
May 28th, 2005, 03:13 PM
We knew she was just faking everything...muahahahaha...evil!!!

80% GM posters are nuts anyway, but where is the fun when you donīt have stupid persons on earth?

cerbero
May 29th, 2005, 07:33 AM
F**ck hem... :lol:

Daniel
May 29th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Yes fuck them !!!! :fiery:

Vamos Nastya :hug: :smooch:

Spunky83
May 29th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Yo, fuckīem all;)

Nastya and Jens watched the postponed match of Kiefer vs. Andreev, they looked really cute together, however didnīt look that happy after Kiefer won (I am disappointed Herr Gerlach :o )

_LuCaS_
May 29th, 2005, 01:10 PM
:lol:
Hanescu(Rom) beat Nalbandian(Arg) (10) for a place in the QF (probably against Federer) 6-3 4-6 5-7 6-1 6-2
HOW ABOUT THAT? :worship:

Derek.
May 29th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Good luck today to Nastya & Jonas! :D

_LuCaS_
May 29th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Nastya & Jonas were down a set 6-7 as play suspended

martirogi
May 30th, 2005, 02:48 PM
nastya won her mixed doubles 67, 76, 64.

they saved match point in the 2nd set. :yeah:

Spunky83
May 30th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Nice...two wins in a row for Nastya!!! Hey!!! W-A-V-E!!!

I just thought about if Nastya was still in singles-comp...Iīd be the super super satisfied fan;)

Anyway, QF here we come!!!

sinterklaasje
May 30th, 2005, 03:09 PM
:banana:
Maybe she'll win a title in Paris after all :bounce:

_LuCaS_
May 30th, 2005, 04:16 PM
They won? :) Unbelievable

_LuCaS_
May 31st, 2005, 02:41 PM
Anastasia is still in the top 10
Too bad mixed doubles can't improve ranking ;)

goldenlox
May 31st, 2005, 02:47 PM
When I look at Anastasia's FO draw, I just laugh.
She could have walked into the semis this year.
Even with ordinary play. Like the loss to Vaidisova.

_LuCaS_
May 31st, 2005, 03:09 PM
The loss to Vaidisova was no ordinary play. It was poor. We must accept that she's not playing at all right now. And wait for better times.
1R exit in RG was heartbreaking. :bigcry:

goldenlox
May 31st, 2005, 03:21 PM
When Gagliardi is playing a 15 year old in the 4th round, that's a great section.
In the 4th round, Sveta was playing Justine.
Lindsay played Kim.

_LuCaS_
May 31st, 2005, 03:26 PM
In a normal slam Nastya would have played Venus in 4th round. And Nastya doesn't need a good draw to win. She needs a good head. That's all.

Spunky83
May 31st, 2005, 03:33 PM

Sleepwalk into the semis... ;)

Well, well...there will always be a next year :angel:

Nastya/Jonas 6-4 first set won...hui!

_LuCaS_
May 31st, 2005, 03:41 PM
Well, well...there will always be a next year :angel:

For tennis players it's also a race against time. There won't be a next year forever

Spunky83
May 31st, 2005, 03:50 PM
For tennis players it's also a race against time. There won't be a next year forever

The glass is half full...

6-4 5-2...serving for the match, amazing :eek:

_LuCaS_
May 31st, 2005, 03:52 PM
They won :bigclap:
2 to go

selyoink
May 31st, 2005, 04:09 PM
I hope Nastya can win the mixed doubles title.

Derek.
May 31st, 2005, 05:07 PM
Go Nastya and Jonas! Win this title! :D

goldenlox
May 31st, 2005, 05:18 PM
Tonight is the ITF Champions dinner. There should be some good pics tomorrow.
And maybe these mixed wins will help Anastasia's confidence.

jmcfarla
May 31st, 2005, 07:11 PM
Nastya's second grand slam doubles semi final of the year :worship:

I know not everyone sees doubles as being important, but it is just great to see Nastya's name in the win column. :D

Hopefully her run with Jonas will have rebuilt some of that missing confidence and get her back into that winning habit. :)
Who knows she could have a second RG title after all. :bounce:

ys
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:55 AM
Go Tropic-Ana and Jonas..:)

Almalyk
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:56 AM
Go Tropic-Ana and Jonas..:)

;) I'm pleased Anastasia is at least making something of her French Open. Good luck in the Semi-final!

This is the second grand slam she has had a great draw in... I wish the circumstances had been better for her this year... Could have been much better.

ys
Jun 1st, 2005, 02:56 AM
http://www.tropicana.ru/i/grl.jpg

www.tropicana.ru (http://www.tropicana.ru/)

http://www.tropicana.ru/images/open2005_08.jpg

Spunky83
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:34 AM
Urrghhh...they should let the print-ads out and just leave it to the tv-commercial.

Who the heck is that woman those pics?!?! :lol:

Spunky83
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:54 AM
ITF-Dinner:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/Various/

frenchie
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:02 PM
"Tropic-ana" is very beautiful to me on this pics
At least she seems to be happy. Maybe it's going to remember her good moments.

Derek.
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:23 PM
Nastya's Tropicana commercial rocks! Much better than Sharapova's comercial that they've played a billion times here in the states.

Nastya looks great in those pictures of her at the dinner. :worship:

BUBI
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:37 PM
ITF-Dinner:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/Various/
Federer and Myskina would be such a nice couple, don't you think?

Spunky83
Jun 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM

Actually, I had the same thought ;)...they look so elegant together, like one of those couples you see on the street coming out of a GUCCI-store and think...yeah, youīre both too cool and perfect for this world, get out of here :lol:

selyoink
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:14 PM
Her dress is beautiful. As is she of course.

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:51 PM
Federer, Myskina Receive ITF World Champion Awards
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/FedMyskinaITFChamps05PZimmer.jpg
Photo By Paul Zimmer By Tennis Week
06/01/2005

They were on standing on stage rather than running across the court, but Roger Federer and Anastasia Myskina still earned world titles in Paris last night.

The top-ranked Federer, who won three of the four majors last year, and 2004 Roland Garros champion Myskina received the International Tennis Federation's singles world champion honors at the ITF World Champions Dinner.

_LuCaS_
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:03 PM
http://img157.echo.cx/img157/7615/u704p6t12d1591750f44dt20050601.jpg
:couple:

ys
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:09 PM
Beautiful.. Stunning woman Nastya is..

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:10 PM
great photo of Nastya :D :)

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2005, 05:16 PM
This close to a slam title in mixed, I hope Nastya gets the trophy.

Spunky83
Jun 1st, 2005, 05:28 PM
This close to a slam title in mixed, I hope Nastya gets the trophy.

Yeah...!!! Time to see her with a trophy again (although the ones given to her at awards and for her social work are nice too :D )

Jonas seems to have quite a doubles run right now

martirogi
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:27 PM
everyone is talking too much about the mixed :sad: nastya wont win another match

Spunky83
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
everyone is talking too much about the mixed :sad: nastya wont win another match

One step at a time, Andrew, one step at a time;)

_LuCaS_
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:43 PM
Let's hope the reverse jinx will work ;)

Spanky don't be greedy...let's win a couple of matches, trophies will come.

the cat
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:18 AM
Nastya looks lovely and it's nice to see her happy. :) If she picks up her game this summer she can still have a worthwhile year. But it all depends on whether her mother's health is improving and I hope that's the case.

Spunky83
Jun 2nd, 2005, 11:26 AM
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/index1.php?id=609

Check the current news...added clip of ITF Dinner (stream and download)

ys
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:14 PM
Lena is very tight so far, but that is going to get better.. Mary is moving on court like a behemoth. Lena needs to take advantage of that and also defend better. Mary is not hitting it possibly harder than Lena D. did..

martirogi
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
:lol: behemoth

elena better win i bet all my money on those big ears of hers

selyoink
Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:13 PM
Well then you lost all your money. Pierce just ate her alive.

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
Hantuchova/Santoro def. Myskina/Björkman 7-6 (5) 6-0

Spunky83
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
Going to Eastbourne...grass :drool:

martirogi
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
yup nastya's game is so well suited for grass :scared:

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Anastasia has an all court game.
Indoor, hardcourt. clay. Even on grass.
If she plays very well, she can go far at Wimbledon.

goldenlox
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I like this pic -http://img237.echo.cx/img237/1457/io7902gallery4ny.jpg
http://img191.echo.cx/img191/2097/77369zt.jpg

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Clay is over. I hope grass will bring a change. She'll probably be 4th seed in Eastbourne, but the draw doesn't matter anyway.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I know this - Anastasia has fresh legs. She's barely played any matches this year.
If she can find her form, and get her confidence back, she can still have a huge summer.

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM
It pretty clear that this season is gone (YEC) :sad:
Let's try not to drop out of the top 10.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Anastasia needs to play well for herself. This is her job.
She wants to do it well.
But even if the whole season goes bad, she can come back next year, and play well.
It will happen. Probably very soon.

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM
If the whole season goes bad she will be out of the top 20 most likely. It's really incredible how a personal problem can affect a player. It seems like yesterday that she was the top Russian :bigcry:

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Anastasia was the top Russian until the AO.
But Sharapova was going to get it at some point.

Getting back to Russian #2 won't be impossible this year.
Catching Sharapova is very difficult.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:28 PM
If the whole season goes bad she will be out of the top 20 most likely. It's really incredible how a personal problem can affect a player. It seems like yesterday that she was the top Russian :bigcry:Having tough times? http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_23.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I am aware that she wasn't going to keep this position forever, but losing it so fast and without a fight is sad. According to the rankings she is 5th Russian now. But no Russian beat her this year. :sobbing:

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
In Dementieva's thread, they want her to see a psychologist.
In Sveta's thread, they call her a choker.
In Petrova's thread, they think she's mentally weak.
Besides Sharapova, none of the top Russians are doing great.
And Sharapova isn't dominating the sport, Justine is.

Anastasia had a chance to reach #1 for a week or 2 last year.
If she beat Lena L. in Montreal, if it didn't rain in Sopot. If, if, if.

She reached #2, and won a major. And she's much younger than Pierce.
It depends how long she wants to hang around.

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I think the other Russians still consider Nastya as the #1 Russian. They still fear her in a good way. Dementieva in some tourney this year was glad that Nastya was in the other half. I don't think Nadia considers herself better than Nastya. Nor Kuznetsova.
It will be interesting to see if Nastya has a decent walk in Winmbledon( QF let's say) and Tarpischev decides to include her in the team for the US tie what will the other players have to say. They'll dare criticise this decision? Don't think so.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Maria doesn't consider Nastya to be the #1 Russian. http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/boese/box.gif

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I don't care what Maria thinks. I barely cope with the idea that she's a Russian

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 07:08 PM
That makes it interesting. I have a lot of fun with it.
Nastya and Lena live in Moscow. But all the other girls left.
And some feel Russia didn't support them at all.

But they are all Russian. Golovin is a little Russian too.
Wait until Fed Cup week against the U.S.
I'm going to have a party in the Fed Cup thread :banana: :rocker: :music: :rocker2: :aparty:

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I wonder if Tati and Nastya spoke to each other in Russian during their doubles match ;)
Fed Cup should be interesting indeed.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I feel bad that Anastasia's mom is seriously ill. That's terrible.
But as far as tennis goes, Anastasia is having a very successful career.
She will always be the first Russian who won a Tier I, or a major.
A few bad months don't change anything.

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Let's hope it's about a few months...

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I want a big Russian presence at Wimbledon. That includes Anastasia.
If she can win the KC twice, she can play on grass.

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:17 PM
It's not that she cannot play on grass...right now she can't play on any surface.
Don't count on Anastasia...don't think she'll do much here. PLenty of Russians to enjoy left.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I don't know if you read Maria's cheering thread, but my posts there the last 2 days are so funny.
I'm still laughing at them :lol:
Maybe Nastya needs counseling http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_2_7.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:25 PM
The overall mood there should be fine. You're a funny person. It can only result in funny stuff. Unlike here. This thread will soon become a Lucas monologue one.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Anastasia is super successful. Not at this moment, but her career has been super.
Constantly improving.
She's wealthy, popular. It's been a great career.
When a parent is sick, that ruins the fun.
But I'm sure her mom wants Nastya to have fun, and enjoy life.

_LuCaS_
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:42 PM
If you take it this way obviously every player in top 20 had a successful career.
This is a hard time for her. She had plenty of bad moments during her career. I don't wish her anymore.
That's when haters arise. Brainless posters spreading nonsense.

Daniel
Jun 6th, 2005, 04:14 AM
I wish all the good moments come back to Anastasia's life again and her career to shine once again :smooch: :D

goldenlox
Jun 6th, 2005, 02:34 PM
If you take it this way obviously every player in top 20 had a successful career.
This is a hard time for her. She had plenty of bad moments during her career. I don't wish her anymore.Every player in the top 20 doesn't win a major.
Doesn't win 2 Tier I's in her hometown.
Every player has up and downs.
Anastasia has had some big ups.
I think she'll have some more ups.

Spunky83
Jun 6th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Every player in the top 20 doesn't win a major.
Doesn't win 2 Tier I's in her hometown.
Every player has up and downs.
Anastasia has had some big ups.
I think she'll have some more ups.

...yep, itīs like every other human being for that matter and we should see Nastya as a human in the first place and the tennis-player comes in second. The "ups" will come again, if not next week, then the month after that or next year. "Patience is a value";)

goldenlox
Jun 6th, 2005, 02:44 PM
How many top 20 players endorse orange juice?
Nastya is special http://smileys.******************/cat/12/12_4_44.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)http://smileys.******************/cat/12/12_4_19.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Spunky83
Jun 6th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Nastya is special http://smileys.******************/cat/12/12_4_44.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)http://smileys.******************/cat/12/12_4_19.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Justine "Christine" Henin-Hardenne;)

sinterklaasje
Jun 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM

Nastya is indeed special.
Her slump will end some day. I'm not hoping for YEC, but I do believe there will be some ups again. And I don't think she needs to see a psychologist or something, she's just a sensitive person who is probably very close to her mum. We all know her tennis sucks when her head is not in (for example after the olympics). So let's just support her and hope her mum will be better soon. She'll get her confidence back sooner or later. Cause that's all that lacks for the moment. If you can beat Kim 6-1, then your tennis is ok! It's all a matter of focus and confidence.

Greetz from Nastya's biggest Belgian fan

_LuCaS_
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I would prefer lingerie though :hehehe:

selyoink
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately I don't think we will see Nastya endorsing lingerie anytime soon.

Derek.
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Stay strong Nastya. :hug:

_LuCaS_
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Unfortunately I don't think we will see Nastya endorsing lingerie anytime soon.
Maybe it's time I should ask my uncle (manager at Victoria's secret) a favour :)

martirogi
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:15 PM
ajmo your avatar is beauty of the fullness

goldenlox
Jun 7th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I'm ready for the grass season :smash: http://cache.wtnphotos.com/545/21238794051myskina.jpg

_LuCaS_
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Are you sure GL? ok I'll let Nastya knwo that you're ready

Spunky83
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Yay! Grass season! Along with the clay season, it has the best tv coverage here in Germany...at the moment, I am switching between Queenīs and Gerry Weber Open...thatīs nice.

Iīd love to play on grass one day myself (my parents live near Halle, but 50 Euros - about 42 Dollars an hour/court - are way too much).

goldenlox
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Nastya made 2 Eastbourne finals. Her speed is a big positive on grass.
If she can get her first serve in on big points, she can do well at Wimbledon.

_LuCaS_
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I don't know ES's plans with Eastbourne but no Wimbledon here :bigcry:

cerbero
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Last year ES broadcasted Eastbourne...

Spunky83
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:41 PM
This year they broadcast 's Hertogenbosch and last three days Eastbourne, itīs ok;)

I forgot that Eurosport doesnīt hold the rights for Wimby...I am sure thereīs a foreign channel you guys can watch on the internet which broadcasts the tourney. Although itīs not the same, Wimby probably has the coolest website of all the slams. Great interactive coverage (point-by-point-description and stuff).

martirogi
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM
im so excited for the eastbourne coverage, o wait there is none :rolleyes: :ras:

_LuCaS_
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
It's not that I'm gonna miss much anyway...

Spunky83
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Oh, Oh Oh...my girly site just totally invaded my mind again: Nastya has to win Wimbledon so that I can see pictures of her and Roger again at that ball they have for the winners :hearts: that would be sooo cute.

:bounce: ...yeah, I know

martirogi
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:58 PM
but rafa will win wimbly not jesusfed

Spunky83
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:03 PM
but rafa will win wimbly not jesusfed

Jesusfed :lol:

No way Rafa will win Wimby...thatīs like Justine finally winning Wimby (although "Impossible is nothing"). I donīt see it...I think it will be a contest between Hewitt, Roddick and "jesusfed".

martirogi
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:07 PM
yuck hewitt. and roddick sucks now, he'll prob lose in semis. the final is jesusfed vs someone else. rafa ;) , j. johanson, or ancic probably.

Spunky83
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:24 PM
yuck hewitt. and roddick sucks now, he'll prob lose in semis. the final is jesusfed vs someone else. rafa ;) , j. johanson, or ancic probably.

Pim Pim? Just watched his 1st round match vs. Kohlschreiber...he lost in straight sets, heīs nowhere near his 2004 US Open form. Count him out, but Ancic, youīre right;)

Come on Andy, itīs time (Andy and Nastya...hmmm... :cool: )

martirogi
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:33 PM
yea i guess pim pim's been horrible this year. i remember in miami he was on before nastya and i was begging his match to be short, he was down and i thought o great now i have to wait for him to fight back, but he lost easily.

i think andy is a one slam wonder with all the talent in men's tennis these days :sad:

Spunky83
Jun 7th, 2005, 06:15 PM
yea i guess pim pim's been horrible this year. i remember in miami he was on before nastya and i was begging his match to be short, he was down and i thought o great now i have to wait for him to fight back, but he lost easily.

i think andy is a one slam wonder with all the talent in men's tennis these days :sad:

Nah...he will bounce back, itīs weird how everything has changed sooo fast. Nadal clay 2004 was like Andy in 2003 on american hardcourt: Both had an impressive win-loss record, both were seen as the reigning clay/hardcourt king leading up to the Grand Slam and both eventually won the Slams as young players.

Now Andyīs old at age 22 and Nadal is the new king...whatever, I always stick to my favourites. Heīll be doing fine and he just loves grass-courts, it should work out fine;)

cerbero
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=Spunky83]This year they broadcast 's Hertogenbosch and last three days Eastbourne, itīs ok;)

I'd prefer the opposite but what can one do ?

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:41 PM
"As paradoxical as it sounds, those who will lose early in London have more chances to get in Fed Cup team because they will have enough time for preparations in Moscow" from a recent interview with Tarpischev.

Finally some good news :silly:

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM
That just means Sharapova isn't playing Fed Cup.
Anastasia is going to Moscow after Wimbledon, no matter what.
We have to see if Tarpischev invites her to be on the team.

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Here's Tarpischev, watching Nastya play this year - http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_2_5.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:51 PM
I'm sure Chakvetadze,Safina,Kirilenko and Linetskaya will be pretty soon back in Moscow. Let the preparations begin :lol:

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I'm sure Chakvetadze,Safina,Kirilenko and Linetskaya will be pretty soon back in Moscow. Let the preparations begin :lol:Anastasia lives in Moscow. That's the difference.
It's a major diversion for everyone but Nastya and Lena D.

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Nastya fans checking latest results http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/computer/comp03.gif

martirogi
Jun 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM
holy shit lucas thats all of us :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM
First http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_3_7.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001), then http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_8_9.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001), then http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_23.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Spunky83
Jun 8th, 2005, 05:56 PM
http://eastbourne.lta.org.uk/News/050607HotLineUp.htm

Yes!!! Nastya has been number one :bounce: ...coooooool :lol:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Spunky83/99beeff5.jpg

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:04 PM
@Spunky :lol:
actually a former and a future number one
@GL http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/computer/comp20.gif

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:12 PM
This looks like a very tough tournament, half the top 20.
But at least there's no Sharapova
http://smileys.******************/cat/14/14_4_102.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Sharapova won't escape Anastasia forever http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/starwars/starwars023.gif

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I'm sure they'll meet - http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_12_4.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Who's who? :lol: :o

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:41 PM
http://smileys.******************/cat/993.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)I'll be watching Nastya at Eastbourne and Wimbledon

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Guess what? Me too :woohoo: a local sport television decided to broadcast Wimbledon in Romania :D :aparty:

Spunky83
Jun 8th, 2005, 07:21 PM
You guys are sooo freaky!!! :lol:

_LuCaS_
Jun 8th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I like this one http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/sport/sport39.gif

Spunky83
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:03 PM
I like this one http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/sport/sport39.gif

Oh, thatīs so cute :kiss:

miffedmax
Jun 8th, 2005, 10:32 PM
First http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_3_7.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001), then http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_8_9.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001), then http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_23.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

That last one looks kinda like Lena D's service motion . . .

_LuCaS_
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Nastya fans before Wimbledon http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/pray.gif http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/pray.gif http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/pray.gif

goldenlox
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Anastasia, Elena, Svetlana and.... Maria

http://members.shaw.ca/wpf/misc/heads_or_tails.gif

_LuCaS_
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:24 PM
:lol: http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/highfive.gif

martirogi
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
yes!!! thats definately masha, but i think nastya should throw the coin :devil:

_LuCaS_
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:28 PM
yes!!! thats definately masha, but i think nastya should throw the coin :devil:
no no, that's not smart...why do it yourself when you can persuade someone else to do it :devil: ?

martirogi
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:35 PM
nastya would have more fun doing it herself :angel:

but it is smarter to get that sveta out of the way and let her do it

_LuCaS_
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Anastasia, Maria and Lena http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/crowded.gif

martirogi
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:47 PM
yessss!!! new avy. :crazy:

_LuCaS_
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/yummy.gif

Spunky83
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:10 PM
yessss!!! new avy. :crazy:

Nice ;)

Spunky83
Jun 10th, 2005, 01:39 PM
The infamous Nastya vs. Vera San Francisco 9 MPs match finally came with the mail today on DVD (nice 10 Dollars/match incl. worldwide shipping) and ah....really kinda made me cry seeing that Tie-Break. Nastya is just sooooooo good. I honestly hope that we will see that brilliant game of hers back soon;)

Iīll try to convert at least the TB into another format and upload it...I just need some time to figure out how to do it, but Iīll try...I think it was only on Tennischannel. Iīll try to convert it!

cerbero
Jun 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see it...i didn't watch that game...thx in advance

martirogi
Jun 10th, 2005, 02:33 PM
please please try really hard spanky, us poor deprived fans need to see nastya winning :D

goldenlox
Jun 10th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I saw it live. That was a great match. And 20 minutes after it, Vera and Lena L. lost a close 3 set semi to Surez/RP. I saw that also.

The next tournament was Montreal, and Anastasia, Vera, and Lena L. all made the semis. Along with Mauresmo.

martirogi
Jun 10th, 2005, 04:33 PM
what a great two tournies those were :inlove:

except that nastya or vera didnt win them

Spunky83
Jun 10th, 2005, 05:40 PM
I saw it live. That was a great match. And 20 minutes after it, Vera and Lena L. lost a close 3 set semi to Surez/RP. I saw that also.

The next tournament was Montreal, and Anastasia, Vera, and Lena L. all made the semis. Along with Mauresmo.

Oh, Montreal I was able to watch...her match vs. Elena L. was awesome.

selyoink
Jun 10th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I have her match against Lena L. on tape from Montreal. A very good match it was. Too bad Nastya did not win.

Spunky83
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Ok, finished watching the whole match (San Diego SF)...oh my God, I caught myself clapping and grimacing in a postive way at some points. Just glamorous. The good thing about having matches digitalized is that you can rewind without destroying something...watched some points up to five times in a row cause the way Nastya plays (played) was just amazing. I really miss that super intelligent, patient chess-game of hers.

There was this one point that was just totally crazy...a real long rallye with Vera playing the ball from the left to the right side and all the way back and forth and Nastya was hitting every ball back just like always. Than she saw Vera was behind the baseline quite far and she hit a double-backhanded drop shot on the full run (!), the ball bounced off right behind the net...SOOOOO cool.

Itīs time again to see those wonderful points. Iīd be delighted;)

Oh and after the matchpoint she went straight up to Jens and embraced him...cute;)...she was asked on court what she thought of when she was facing all those matchpoints and Nastya answered: "I thought of going shopping tomorrow!" :lol:

:sad: please come back, Nastya :sad:

goldenlox
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:17 PM
It was a very tense match. Vera was playing really well then. She beat Sharapova in Montreal.
And Anastasia was close to world #1. They really fought to exhaustion.

Spunky83
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:22 PM
It was a very tense match. Vera was playing really well then. She beat Sharapova in Montreal.
And Anastasia was close to world #1. They really fought to exhaustion.

Yep...I still remember how easy everything was back then. She was in the draw and you would automatically think:"Ok...so, SF at least". Now itīs "please win the first match!". Just a week later she reached another late stage of a Tier I and then...well Olympics wasnīt that bad either (SF).

I am confident and just hope that everything will be back on track soon :angel:

_LuCaS_
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Spunky I want that match...need any help on the format conversion?

martirogi
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:28 PM
:lol: i thought about going shopping tomorrow. how can you not think nastya is the best after hearing that?

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

better find a way to post that vid or ill go insane :cuckoo:

goldenlox
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:31 PM
To me, the best Anastasia match of 2004 was the win over Venus.
That put her in the FO semis, and it really made me believe she could win the title.
The wins over Lindsay were good too.

_LuCaS_
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:39 PM
better find a way to post that vid or ill go insane :cuckoo:
we're working on it...not that easy

martirogi
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:41 PM
well a million thanks for all ur work. the videos are always great.

Spunky83
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:45 PM
To me, the best Anastasia match of 2004 was the win over Venus.
That put her in the FO semis, and it really made me believe she could win the title.
The wins over Lindsay were good too.

Yep, although she still thinks that her win over Molik was the most important match at the FO last year, I also think itīs the Venus match as it was basically the first time that she was able to handle a real top player in such an easy way, it kinda like opened a door for her she never thought was capable of going through. The Lindzī matches were fun too;)

I think for me personally it was a huge suprise to see her winning so easily against Venus...Eurosport didnīt cover the first set but I saw the scoreline and I was like "huh? Is that a mistake?"

goldenlox
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:47 PM
It was a very close second set. Very tense. Especially the last hold, at 5-4.
Venus had her chances to break. But Anastasia made the shots when she had to.

Spunky83
Jun 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Am ripping the Tiebreak part;)...thx Lucas for providing the software

_LuCaS_
Jun 10th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Nastya between matches in Wimbledon http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/meditate.gif http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/yes.gif

Spunky83
Jun 10th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Here it is...it took me ages to do that and you need xvid to see it, if you donīt have the decoder go here: http://www.xvid.org/

NEW SERVER - no limitations any longer;)

San Diego 2004 SF Nastya def. Vera Z. 6-2 6-7 7-6 (17-15 :worship: )[/B]

COMPLETE TIE-BREAK (approx. 22 minutes :drool: ):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04LBVGJG (Part 1)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=11BR6KNG (Part 2)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=08WZII4O (Part 3)

Post-Match Inteview:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=050T3FQ7

An amazing winner by Nastya: :eek:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14J08HPS

AND LOOK OUT FOR THE HOBBIT BEHIND NASTYAīS BENCH :lol:

martirogi
Jun 11th, 2005, 01:37 AM
i nominate spunky (and lucas if he helped a lot) as the best nastya fan(s) :worship: :worship: :worship:

martirogi
Jun 11th, 2005, 02:47 AM
just watched everything. so much goodness. :sad: o nastya u are an amazing fighter, ull be back at that level soon for sure. :banana: :banana: :banana:

_LuCaS_
Jun 11th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Got 'em all
Great tennis from Nastya, the way she handled the pressure on 3-6 was just amazing.
The whole TB was nerve wrecking, the commentators did a great job too
Wish I saw more of her in 2004...

Good job Spunky :yeah:

goldenlox
Jun 11th, 2005, 04:46 PM
(1) Mauresmo vs. Bye
Pennetta vs. Ivanovic
Asagoe vs. Qualifier
Bartoli vs. (6) Likhovtseva

(4) Myskina vs. Bye
Qualifier vs. Hantuchova
Qualifier vs. Sprem
Vaidisova vs. (5) Zvonareva

So she gets the last year's finalist, Hantuchova.

martirogi
Jun 11th, 2005, 05:39 PM
myskina vs vera rematch will happen and it will be more dramatic

goldenlox
Jun 11th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Last year Hantuchova beat Mauresmo, and almost won Eastbourne.
Even when Anastasia is playing well, this is a tough match on grass.

_LuCaS_
Jun 11th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Tough draw http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/pray.gif

sinterklaasje
Jun 11th, 2005, 07:53 PM
I hope she can perform well, but first match on grass vs Hantuchova is rather tough.
But well, it will be better for her confidence if she wins vs Hantuchova than vs nr 100.
C'mon Nastya, I want to see one of your matches on TV (but only semi and final broadcasted here in Belgium, so I haven't seen much of her matches this year :bigcry: )
Go nastya, the title is yours :banana:

goldenlox
Jun 11th, 2005, 07:54 PM
The draw stinks - http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_4_2.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001) But Anastasia can win anyway

_LuCaS_
Jun 11th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I bet the bookies don't consider Nastya favourite anymore

martirogi
Jun 11th, 2005, 08:36 PM
what? everyone says the draw is impossible.

you know what that means :banana: :banana: :banana:
shes gonna do great :yeah:

Vass22
Jun 11th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Here it is...it took me ages to do that and you need xvid to see it, if you donīt have the decoder go here: http://www.xvid.org/
[B]

Hello

How does one install the decoder? I don't see and install fine in the folder I download.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Daniel
Jun 12th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Good luck me dear Nastya!!! :worship: :kiss:

selyoink
Jun 12th, 2005, 04:16 AM
I hope she can get back on track by pounding Hantuchova or that qualifier.

sinterklaasje
Jun 12th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Hello

How does one install the decoder? I don't see and install fine in the folder I download.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is another website with exe-files. I used link number 3 and it works :)
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html

Spunky83
Jun 12th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I donīt think that Nastya has the toughest draw...I mean Kuzi has an easy one obviously but she "only" has Dani, Sprem and Vera in her quarter. I mean, letīs face it, every draw is a tough draw at the moment. Just like in the last couple of months, itīs up to her if to win or to lose...omg, I am still drunk, so maybe itīs really a tough tough tough draw.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 12th, 2005, 11:45 AM
good luck Nastya in eastbourne :)
lets get a win and take it from there :D :)
draw looks reasonable but one match at a time :)
go Nastya :) :hug:

vaiva
Jun 12th, 2005, 04:59 PM
It was such a long time ago when Nastya played good tennis. Sounds like ancient history.

Maybe next week is the new start, although I have no high hopes. Womens tennis needs some sparkle and the real Nastya would certainly make it more enjoyable for me.

Davay, Nastenka!

Vass22
Jun 12th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Here is another website with exe-files. I used link number 3 and it works :)
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html
Thanks

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Centre Court-11.30

Q/Raymond vs. Srebotnik
Dechy vs. Janes
Zvonareva vs. Vaidisova
Maleeva/Myskina vs. Srebotnik/Tanasugarn

So she keeps on playing doubles, even now before Wimbledon and with new partner too :confused: Maybe she thinks she needs more matches on grass because I can't think it's about the money.

angiee3
Jun 13th, 2005, 12:41 PM
best of luck nastya!!!

frenchie
Jun 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Does anybody know if Nastya intends to play the Luxembourg Seat open in September.
I think she could play this tournament now it's a tier2.
I really hope she plays because at that time I'm still in holydays and the club is 10min from where I live.

thanks in advance

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Does anybody know if Nastya intends to play the Luxembourg Seat open in September.
I think she could play this tournament now it's a tier2.
I really hope she plays because at that time I'm still in holydays and the club is 10min from where I live.

thanks in advance
Well that would mean 3 weeks in a row, because she plays Filderstadt and Moscow. Stick around and you'll find out ;)

goldenlox
Jun 13th, 2005, 02:26 PM
So she keeps on playing doubles, even now before Wimbledon and with new partner too :confused: Maybe she thinks she needs more matches on grass because I can't think it's about the money.Doubles on grass is smart. You practice your serve and volley, in match conditions.
Sharapova played doubles in Birmingham, the first time she played since before the US Open.

Spunky83
Jun 13th, 2005, 02:32 PM
From a-m.com (of course :angel: )

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/gfx/nastya1.jpg

Anyway...be prepared for some seriously real nice pics from Bettyimages without tags;)...she really looks good lately (which is kinda weird, but anyway)

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Nastya/Maggie lost 1st set 2-6 after leading 2-0 :o
There goes the doubles...

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 04:08 PM
They lost 2-6,4-6

goldenlox
Jun 13th, 2005, 04:13 PM
At least she played on the grass. She needed some grass points before Hantuchova.
That's a tough first match, and Anastasia's recent results aren't strong.

martirogi
Jun 13th, 2005, 05:10 PM
spunky that is a really great picture. i heart bettyimages.

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 05:36 PM
At least she played on the grass. She needed some grass points before Hantuchova.
That's a tough first match, and Anastasia's recent results aren't strong.
She is a shadow now of the player she was in 2004...it's hard to get results :sad:

goldenlox
Jun 13th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Maybe Anastasia needs a psychiatrist http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_2_7.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Maybe...

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Altough the correct term is psychologist...she's still sane

goldenlox
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Maybe she needs to get rid of Jens http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_104.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:07 PM
She needs hypnosis.
http://www.mazeguy.net/expressive/hypnotized.gif

goldenlox
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Anastasia on the catwalk http://smileys.******************/cat/15/15_8_1.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Spunky83
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Maybe she needs to get rid of Jens http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_104.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

No, no...if she gets rid of him, she would lose one of the most important persons in her life. I doubt she would like to let a close person go especially in times like these. Who else would travel with her? For most players a coach is not only a person who teaches you how to play, itīs also a friend and chat-partner.

Itīs not her game which makes her losing matches, it has nothing do to with her game, itīs just that we all know that Nastyaīs game doesnīt rely on pure power and dominance. Everything in her game is based on mental abilites, her gameīs nothing without thinking and thatīs the missing part right now.

Itīs like playing chess without knowing where to place the figures.

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Jens seems to be bound to Nastya...I don't see her ever sacking him.

goldenlox
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Maybe Anastasia needs a change http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_103.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM
No, no...if she gets rid of him, she would lose one of the most important persons in her life. I doubt she would like to let a close person go especially in times like these. Who else would travel with her? For most players a coach is not only a person who teaches you how to play, itīs also a friend and chat-partner.

Spunky, Jens's job is to help Nastya win matches/tourneys, after that he is her friend or chat partner. When the primary goal fails WHO cares about the rest? Time is running out for her, Jens can coach another 40 years if he wants to, he'll become other player's friend.
Unfortunately this friendship isn't doing Nastya any good right now, Jens probably doesn't dare to criticise Nastya in these difficult times for her (mother) for the sake of their friendship.

What did Jens do during 6 months of 2005 to help Nastya? I can't see any results...I'm sure when you study to become a pro coach you face virtually speaking of course situations when the player has some personal problems and he/she can't focus on the game anymore.

Spunky83
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Spunky, Jens's job is to help Nastya win matches/tourneys, after that he is her friend or chat partner. When the primary goal fails WHO cares about the rest? Time is running out for her, Jens can coach another 40 years if he wants to, he'll become other player's friend.
Unfortunately this friendship isn't doing Nastya any good right now, Jens probably doesn't dare to criticise Nastya in these difficult times for her (mother) for the sake of their friendship.

What did Jens do during 6 months of 2005 to help Nastya? I can't see any results...I'm sure when you study to become a pro coach you face virtually speaking of course situations when the player has some personal problems and he/she can't focus on the game anymore.

Not to be rude Lucas, but you only know the current Nastya...I guess when you already knew her all through last year, you wouldnīt think that way. No coach can change her losing streak, itīs up to her...maybe put in a Brad Gilbert, he can talk her ear off, maybe that will help.

Thereīs no way to change it...letīs face it: As long as her mum doesnīt get better, she wonīt get better.

goldenlox
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Not to be rude Lucas, but you only know the current Nastya...FIGHT!! FIGHT!! :smash: :boxing: :armed: :banana:

Spunky83
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Could we just stop this? Itīs not like we have anything to say in this, so I am pretty tired of this discussion.

Just got the news that Nastya pretty much sucked in her doubles match and apparently she looks "terrible" off camera and court...itīs been 6 months now.

sinterklaasje
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:58 PM
time to have a loooooooooong break I guess
there's no point in continuing like this
:sad:

_LuCaS_
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Not to be rude Lucas, but you only know the current Nastya...I guess when you already knew her all through last year, you wouldnīt think that way.

Let me guess ... all thanks to Jens, either way I don't see your point, she's the same player

No coach can change her losing streak, itīs up to her...maybe put in a Brad Gilbert, he can talk her ear off, maybe that will help.

Thereīs no way to change it...letīs face it: As long as her mum doesnīt get better, she wonīt get better.
That's pure speculation, if her mom does get well but Nastya's slump continues what then? Or what if she wins Wimbledon or another tourney after? Pieces falling apart...and let me guess it will be thanks to Jens.
When the player plays poor tennis because of her skill it's hard, but when it's all about mental it's about your coaching capacities to make her believe in herself. I run a small team of CS (pc game) and I like discussing with my team members about fear, confidence and stuff. A good leader/coach knows how to deal in every situation.
And if I remember one of Nastya's recent interviews she answered to "What are you doing wrong?" "Ask my coach
Yeah let's ask him....

sinterklaasje
Jun 13th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I don't know whether she should fire Jens. I think there's not much friendship between the two right now, to be honest. She seems so frustrated, and I think poor Jens is the victim of all her frustrations. I really believe she should take some time off. There's no point in playing when you don't want to (don't tell me she enjoys her time on court). She should take a break and come back when she's stronger mentally. Losing every match isn't good for your mental condition either, is it. And there's not much difference between a few ranking points and no points so her ranking should be no reason to continue playing.
As a fan, I try to support her, and if she decides to play the upcoming tournaments, then I will be cheering for her. But I'm not very optimistic: I wonder when all this will come to an end.
:sad:

Spunky83
Jun 13th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I think I should probably take some time off...this is getting too depressing

martirogi
Jun 13th, 2005, 08:19 PM
nastya will win at least one match at this tourney for sure :yeah:

i know.

cerbero
Jun 13th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Her real task is tomorrow let's hope she can make the most of her capabilities..i think this is the right match for the begining of a comeback. If she doesn't it's not the end of the world, let's not make a big drama of it...i thought this had been understood but i guess not...

Spunky83
Jun 13th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Her real task is tomorrow let's hope she can make the most of her capabilities..i think this is the right match for the begining of a comeback. If she doesn't it's not the end of the world, let's not make a big drama of it...i thought this had been understood but i guess not...

Exactly...sheīs a human being in the first place not a tennis player, sooo take a deep breath everyone ;)

Oh and thanks to Ola (yes, sheīs still alive):
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Spunky83/472202b3.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Spunky83/7a7c8850.jpg

More to come on am.com soon

sinterklaasje
Jun 13th, 2005, 10:09 PM

:yeah:
I'm not letting her down, I'm just wondering if there's a solution to end her current slump.
I hope that a few wins can help her to get her confidence and focus back (which is according to me the only thing she's lacking right now and which makes that's she's not comfortable on court (which in turn makes that's she's not enjoying tennis right now and so on ... ;) ). She has the game to perform well.).

@ Spunky: thanks for the pics :bounce:

cerbero
Jun 13th, 2005, 10:59 PM
"I'm just wondering if there's a solution to end her current slump".

What people should do in this type of situation is not loosing one's head, be patient and keep evaluating the situation and in case things don't work change the course of action.The problem is the level of pressure and the way Nastya is able to deal with it. Pretty difficult situation...

sinterklaasje
Jun 14th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, it must be a very difficult situation for her. I don't know what she should do, and I think neither does she.

Wait and see!

Best of luck vs Hantuchova :bounce:

Spunky83
Jun 14th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Yeah, it must be a very difficult situation for her. I don't know what she should do, and I think neither does she.

Wait and see!

Best of luck vs Hantuchova :bounce:

Ha...weīll see, weīll see...Maria is fighting her way through at the moment.

Vento-Kabchi being one of the (few) people who lost to Nastya this year;)

Spunky83
Jun 14th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Maria it is;)...letīs see what Nastya can make out of it

jmcfarla
Jun 14th, 2005, 06:46 PM
It could be a really difficult tie for Nastya against Vento-Kabchi.

If she had played Daniela then there would have been less pressure (due to Daniela's run last year on the grass).

But Maria will be going in with a lot of confidence having already taken out one big names.

Hopefully Nastya can have a good day and play some solid tennis, and get through. :bounce:

martirogi
Jun 14th, 2005, 07:14 PM
they played in miami, that means i saw the match. i have no idea what she looks like though :scratch:

guess i was always looking on the other side of the court :devil:
nastya should win, maria has no game to compare to her. i hope.

selyoink
Jun 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I hope Anastasia can get past Vento-Kabchi. It is a very winnable match but with Myskina this year every match is also a possible loss.

Spunky83
Jun 14th, 2005, 07:54 PM
But Maria will be going in with a lot of confidence having already taken out one big names.

Donīt forget we also have the womanīs bonus here...who knows, maybe Maria feels so sorry for her, she just plays badly (ok, very likely not going to happen, but...)

Anyway, normally Mariaīs game is one which canīt do any harm to Nastya, weīll see whatīs going to happen. A 9-10 looks way better than a 8-11;)

ys
Jun 14th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I think things will turn for the better for Nastya very soon.. I can almost feel it.. Something in her looks, in her last pictures tells me that she might just be already be over the hump.. As soon as she is eager again .. beware everyone..