PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

_LuCaS_
May 5th, 2005, 07:04 PM
If Sveta won't defend her points in Berlin, she will probably stay at #7 until the French.. That would make Nastya 6th seed in RG. Also if she losses in Rome in 2nd round, she would have won only 1 match on clay this year. Deja-vu anyone? :p

martirogi
May 5th, 2005, 07:18 PM
gm says nastya withdraws from rome :worship:

also she's on the commitment list for toronto in fall so she's not skipping us open like some confused children might have speculated. ;)

ys
May 5th, 2005, 07:26 PM
What is happening with Nastya? What is this "family" problem? Why is that that she tanks every first round as if she is in rush to get somewhere?

TheBoiledEgg
May 5th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Nastya :sad: :( :hug:

ys
May 5th, 2005, 07:34 PM
It looked like Nastya used every single excuse not to play much this year.. And Lena D. surely knew what she was talking about when she attributed Nastya's results to "personal problems". I do not think it could be a breakup with a boyfriend - Nastya had plenty of boyfriends and plenty of breakups. In all probability it can only mean .. a close relative being seriously sick.. or something like that..

_LuCaS_
May 5th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Well according to Cosmo she has a new bf, identity still secret. But don't think that's the case. Maybe it is just an excuse. Because she thinks she must have one when you lose to #107. But time is running out Nastya and so do excuses. Sort things out and Jens, do something, anything.

sinterklaasje
May 5th, 2005, 07:46 PM
:sad:
hope she can solve all her problems soon

martirogi
May 5th, 2005, 10:13 PM
well one of us will just have to become a detective and fly to russia. :devil:

ys
May 5th, 2005, 10:47 PM
well one of us will just have to become a detective and fly to russia. :devil:

become a detective .. or a boyfriend.. :devil:

miffedmax
May 6th, 2005, 02:14 PM
@Lucas
I don't take it as hard as you do, if you think a little bit more you'll see that being Lena's fan may be tougher. You are being blinded by what is happening in 2005. Remember RG and KC finals.

I would gladly trade Lena's 05 for Nastya's O4.

goldenlox
May 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Whatever is going on, we know that after RG, Nastya doesn't have to worry about defending titles until Moscow.
So she can relax, and plan a schedule that feels good for her.

Paco
May 6th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Whatever is going on, we know that after RG, Nastya doesn't have to worry about defending titles until Moscow.
So she can relax, and plan a schedule that feels good for her.

Yeah, I hope that she wake up soon.

Spunky83
May 6th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Hi, just sitting here at my friendīs computer...I freezed to death today in berlin. Just wanted to say that I gave Nastya the mails, so thank you to everyone who participated!

goldenlox
May 6th, 2005, 06:59 PM
What's the forecast for tonight and tomorrow? Any more rain?

Dementinator
May 6th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Captain Dementinator here.....Hows the crew of the Gunboat doing??
Dont worry too much about Nastya .mark my words ,she will be back ,its been said before that Red Clay is not always her best surface ,and it will be drier in RG so that should help a bit ,I have said this before and I am gonna say it again ,cos it works!!

No matter how hard it gets ,no matter how difficult ,just remember two things...

1/ ALWAYS stick by your fave player!!

2/You could be a Dokic fan!!!

Right ,It seems I have finally been given permission to park the SS Dementieva in Italy now ,so I had better leave you guys ,stay positive!!

Spunky83
May 6th, 2005, 07:18 PM
What's the forecast for tonight and tomorrow? Any more rain?

OMG...I hope not so...but it doesnīt look that good. It was soooo cold today!

_LuCaS_
May 6th, 2005, 07:30 PM
:wavey: Spunky, you managed to deliver the cargo? ;) How come?

_LuCaS_
May 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Myskina's misery continues: 'Right now it's hard to think positive'

By Matthew Cronin,
We haven't spoken with too many players who were as unhappy as Anastasia Myskina was on Wednesday, when she cried part way through our interview with her from the Qatar Total German Open. There, she was shocked by German wild card Julia Schruff 6-2, 1-6, 6-4. Most of 'Nastia's self-deprecating quotes will come at later date, but suffice to say that the defending RG champ has zero confidence, has no idea why she can't keep the ball in the court and is burdened with off-court problems that she won't cop to publicly.

The result is a player who had high hopes for taking the No. 1 ranking at the year's outset and now is in danger of falling out Top 10 before she even reaches Paris. Myskina ? who's also bothered by a sore shoulder ? hasn't played well since Antwerp and, for the first time in her career, seems totally lost. She's 8-9 on the season.

"Right now it's hard to think positive but I'm hoping everything will turn out okay," she told TR.net.

Can this get any worse? :sobbing:

Spunky83
May 6th, 2005, 07:53 PM
I can only confirm that she really looked kinda sad and annoyed...whatever it is, hope she can get over it.

miffedmax
May 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Poor Nastya. Poor us.

Spunky83
May 6th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I guess itīs more poor Nastya...Iīd rather like to see her game suck rather than her having to cope with those personal problems.

martirogi
May 6th, 2005, 08:26 PM
spunky how'd u manage to find nastya after she's out of the tourney. u must have radar to find her no matter what. tell us what happened :D or maybe ur waiting to give all ur stories once u get back home. well whichever it is we'll be anxiously waiting ur reports.

_LuCaS_
May 6th, 2005, 08:32 PM
spunky how'd u manage to find nastya after she's out of the tourney. u must have radar to find her no matter what.
:lol: ... actually I spoke on the phone with Nastya on wednesday afternoon and asked her kindly to stay there on thursday too, as a friend of mine has something to give her.

_LuCaS_
May 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
More "good" news, from Eurosport

Myskina doubtful for FO

"She's not 100 percent now and she's receiving treatment at home in Moscow. If she can't train the week before Roland Garros, it will be difficult for her to go there and play the way she wants to." said Jens Gerlach her coach.

Russian Myskina pulled out of next week's Italian Open on Friday. Earlier this week in Berlin she lost 6-2 1-6 6-4 to German wild card Julia Schruff and she has only reached only one semi-final this year.

"Right now it's hard to think positive, but I'm hoping everything will turn out okay," Myskina told Reuters by telephone from Berlin.

"I'm trying to do my best, but it's not really working. When you lose a lot of matches, you lose confidence."

Myskina is unable to practise serving because of her injury.

"I'm not going to find any excuses for why I'm losing right now," Myskina added. "I'm not losing because of my serve I'm losing because I'm not showing my best tennis from the baseline."

Myskina's Fed Cup team mate Elena Dementivea said her friend was also having personal problems.

"She's not the type of person who makes excuses for anything," Gerlach said.

FIRST RUSSIAN

Myskina became the first Russian woman to win a Grand Slam singles title when she beat Dementieva in the 2004 French Open final.

She lost in the Olympic semi-final to eventual champion Justine Henin-Hardenne before winning a tournament in Moscow and leading her nation to the Fed Cup title.

Myskina ended 2004 ranked a career-high number three and declared her intention of taking over the number one ranking but after being upset by Nathalie Dechy at the Australian Open, her game went downhill.

"I had so many unforced errors against Dechy and was so bad that after that I began to lose confidence because I felt weak," said the sixth-ranked Myskina.

"I have to work harder, but sometimes when you lose a match [like the one against Shruff] you don't want to play. I have to learn to win the important points again."

Gerlach said Myskina's injury might be a result of playing too much over the past three years.

The Russian has played 22 tournaments in the last 12 months, more than anyone in the top 10 except for Vera Zvonareva.

"The way she plays, she doesn't win a lot of easy matches and has to fight a lot in three setters," Gerlach said.

"She's put herself through a lot. She was due for a break sooner or later."

Gerlach said that if Myskina's shoulder does heal in time for the French Open starting later this month she must rediscover the fire in her belly.

"She's been a champion and knows how to dig deep like a champion," he said. "If she gets to Paris and wins a couple of good matches, maybe she'll feel the magic of Roland Garros again."

Reuters - 06/05/2005

Dementinator
May 6th, 2005, 10:20 PM
WEll I guess all anyone can do right now is wait and see ,try not panic..
Myskina needs some time off ,her life is whats important ,and until shes sorted out her difficulties ,we cant expect her to produce her best on the courts!

things will get better

cerbero
May 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM
:drink:

Spunky83
May 6th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Weīll wait...personal stuff is way more important than her shoulder. It canīt be just the shoulder, no way. Itīs a part of it, but mostly it is mental. She served so well in the second set for example, thereīs no way, she could do that with a hurt shoulder.

Hopefully, she can find a good solution, donīt want to see her this way.

Spunky83
May 7th, 2005, 12:07 AM
spunky how'd u manage to find nastya after she's out of the tourney. u must have radar to find her no matter what. tell us what happened :D or maybe ur waiting to give all ur stories once u get back home. well whichever it is we'll be anxiously waiting ur reports.

Except that I missed Justineīs first set vs. Peschke because Nastya told me to wait for her outside, nothing really happened...

damn, missing FO is really serious. :sad:

angiee3
May 7th, 2005, 01:14 AM
did you really give her the mails?

things will get better i know. (they have to)

goldenlox
May 7th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Anastasia's confidence is low. All you can do is play one point at a time.
And try to enjoy the competition.

_LuCaS_
May 7th, 2005, 07:57 PM
SHe's been through similar situations. She can come back strong. She said she plans on playing tennis 4 more years. I agree.

Spunky83
May 7th, 2005, 08:02 PM
did you really give her the mails?

things will get better i know. (they have to)

Yes, I did...you donīt trust me? :angel:

Iīve also taken a pic with her if you want the proof;)

cerbero
May 7th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Yes, I did...you donīt trust me? :angel:

Iīve also taken a pic with her if you want the proof;)
Why are you hiding the pics from the other fans ? Bring em on. ;) Plz... :angel:

Spunky83
May 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Why are you hiding the pics from the other fans ? Bring em on. ;) Plz... :angel:

Just a little version, as I look really weird on it :rolleyes: ...taken by Elena Likhovtseva by the way, funny woman ;)

_LuCaS_
May 7th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Stop spoiling us Spunky :lol:
Anastasia looks hot :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Spunky83
May 7th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Stop spoiling us Spunky :lol:
Anastasia looks hot :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I wonīt come up with the highquality version :tape:

_LuCaS_
May 7th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I wonīt come up with the highquality version :tape:
Oh, don't you dare !
It's not that I have lots of pics of my fav Russian and Asian girls together :kiss:

sinterklaasje
May 7th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Elena L took a picture of you with Nastya!! cool :D
Didn't know the players are so aproachable. In Antwerpen, I just managed to get some autographs (and I got Nastya's too :bounce: ), but it was too crowdy to take pics :sad: . Wish I had a pic of myself with Nastya, taken by, I don't know, Marat Safin (and then of course, also a pic of myself with Marat :hearts: , taken by Nastya )

cerbero
May 7th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Thx Spunky...what can i say to convince you to post the hq one?.. ;) i can't see the pic very well but i don't think you look weird...

martirogi
May 8th, 2005, 12:42 AM
wow myskina looks hot in that pic. :hearts: spunky looks good too :D

likhovtseva took the pic, u miraculously knew where nastya was gonna be when she wasn't playing. r u nastya's relative, or her personal psychic, or a tourney referee, or some other random job where u know the players.... ur definately one of those. ive figured out ur secret, god im smart.

Daniel
May 8th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Spunky :kiss: :yeah: and Nastya :hearts: :lick:

but why didn you pass some positve energy to Nastya so at leat she could have won a match? :smash: :sad:

_LuCaS_
May 8th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Spunky :kiss: :yeah: and Nastya :hearts: :lick:

but why didn you pass some positve energy to Nastya so at leat she could have won a match? :smash: :sad:
She already lost when they've met :sad:
Maybe for RG :D ;)

Almalyk
May 8th, 2005, 10:18 PM
C'Mon Nastya!

Spunky83
May 8th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Elena L took a picture of you with Nastya!! cool :D
Didn't know the players are so aproachable. In Antwerpen, I just managed to get some autographs (and I got Nastya's too :bounce: ), but it was too crowdy to take pics :sad: . Wish I had a pic of myself with Nastya, taken by, I don't know, Marat Safin (and then of course, also a pic of myself with Marat :hearts: , taken by Nastya )

They are just running around like normal persons...during the week I constantly got passed by Sveta, Vera, Elena L., Ai, Dulko (and her HOT coach;))...basically everyone else excluding Maria and Justine :confused:

goldenlox
May 9th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Did you talk to the players?

sinterklaasje
May 9th, 2005, 07:16 PM
They are just running around like normal persons...during the week I constantly got passed by Sveta, Vera, Elena L., Ai, Dulko (and her HOT coach;))...basically everyone else excluding Maria and Justine :confused:

Maria and Justine have their private corridors to go from one place to the other :lol:

_LuCaS_
May 9th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Somewhere in the sewers :lol:

sinterklaasje
May 9th, 2005, 11:06 PM
:haha:
Yeah, I definately smelled something, now I know what it was :lol:

Almalyk
May 10th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Somewhere in the sewers :lol:

:tape:

Breakaway
May 10th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Great picture with Nastya and Spunky, is Anastasia as nice in real life as she seems? :)

~|Naomi|~
May 10th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Dulko (and her HOT coach;))...

Gisela's coach is also her brother :)

the cat
May 10th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Nice picture Spunky. :)

Spunky83
May 10th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Gisela's coach is also her brother :)

OMG :eek: ..are you serious? I didnīt know that! Well for sure, the Dulkos are a good looking family! To be honest, I pretended to take pics of Gisela but took a few of her brother/coach instead :tape:

Anyway, my tennis holidays are over now, it was nice although Nastya, Ana I and Roddick all lost in their first matches but at least Justine made it...now I am really tired ;)

@Breakaway: Nastya didnīt appear to be very happy (no suprise), but overall yeah, she is a very nice person, very polite. Always looks at you when talking to you (which I donīt do;)).

@goldenlox: I only talked to Nastya about the present (mails), she was in a hurry and besides her I didnīt really made any effort to talk to players.

~|Naomi|~
May 10th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Yep he is definately her brother, I think his name is Alejandro (not sure on the spelling ;) )

Has anyone heard any updates on Nastya's injury?

Daniel
May 11th, 2005, 02:42 AM
No updates on yahoo. maybe sometime before the draws or seeding are announced news will come out aobut how she is doing. After all she is the defending Champion so press must talk abouther a lot ;)

_LuCaS_
May 11th, 2005, 05:12 PM
No news on Nastya which is probably good.
With Sveta out of Rome she will be 6th seed at Roland Garros.

Spunky83
May 11th, 2005, 07:11 PM
No updates on yahoo. maybe sometime before the draws or seeding are announced news will come out aobut how she is doing. After all she is the defending Champion so press must talk abouther a lot ;)

Press? Itīs Nastya after all... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I guess she will play the FO even though she isnīt fit till then and I am pretty sure her shoulder wonīt heal by itself without real treatment. So it will be pretty much..."wow, the defending champ ousted in the first round"...wonīt be a suprise

martirogi
May 11th, 2005, 09:04 PM
nastya will play paris and make it to at least the 3rd round, probably 4th. it's a fact. :angel:

Spunky83
May 12th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Seems like the inevitable vicious cycle has started already...some danish newspaper reported that Nastya has "weight problems". Come on you journalists, be more creative than that, will ya? This is just simply atrocious :cuckoo:

Guess this was just the beginning of whatīs more to come eventually...well, being famous obviously has its dark sides :sad: ....*shaking my head in disbelief*

Number19
May 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Weight problems?

Do they mean as in lifting them?

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 03:34 PM
It could mean she's too thin, like Hantuchova was.
Anastasia looks healthy to me.

_LuCaS_
May 12th, 2005, 03:41 PM
She is like this since I know her...:)

Spunky83
May 12th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Weight problems?

Do they mean as in lifting them?

Cute...letīs hope so;)

No, you know, itīs just the media, trying to come up with some sensations :rolleyes:

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I'll think up some juicy rumors about Anastasia :hehehe: :p

Almalyk
May 12th, 2005, 08:36 PM

I think Anastasia is great the way she is - it doesn't look like her weight ever changes dramatically. I really cannot imagine Anastasia with Seren'as body! :confused:

Spunky83
May 12th, 2005, 08:52 PM

Probably heroine addict

(for the people among us who always believe what I say...this is just a joke to stress the fact that I think itīs totally stupid from the press to come up with speculations) ;)

_LuCaS_
May 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM
She's on drugs? :sad: I knew it :bigcry:

Spunky83
May 12th, 2005, 09:08 PM
You know, the poster who believed my story of how Nastya decided to play doubles with Ana Ivanovic? LOL!!!

_LuCaS_
May 12th, 2005, 09:19 PM
:silly:

martirogi
May 13th, 2005, 01:00 AM
great job voting guys. nastya didn't even make the top ten of the ace hot list :rolleyes:

of course her beauty is only truly realized by the best :angel: but she should at least be ahead of that fat ass jcap, and the likes domachowska, schett, dulko, and horse face demen :lol:

sharapova won, spunky probably voted for her 100 times since she's so in love with that girl

_LuCaS_
May 13th, 2005, 07:02 AM
great job voting guys. nastya didn't even make the top ten of the ace hot list :rolleyes:

I want her to make the wta top 5 not another "please vote for the 2nd good looking girl on the tour" poll.
Altough if I would have skipped college,sleep and going out (for a month) Nastya would have probably been in the top 10 lol

Spunky83
May 13th, 2005, 10:26 AM
sharapova won, spunky probably voted for her 100 times since she's so in love with that girl

:lick: Maria... :hearts:

:lol:

I donīt care about those votes...I mean come on, what does this ACE list mean anway? Itīs certainly not as important as Peopleīs 50 most beautiful persons on earth! :tape:

Something nice: http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/index1.php?id=587
It took a while to come up with something nice again on that page but well...at least something

goldenlox
May 13th, 2005, 02:33 PM
If Anastasia won the gold in Athens, she would have won this easily -

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20050513/39975263.html

martirogi
May 13th, 2005, 04:42 PM
aaaaa nastya's performance at the olympics :shout: :sad: my eyes, i can't read such things. now my mind is thinking it, cut out my eyes and brain. :hysteric:

Spunky83
May 13th, 2005, 05:34 PM
aaaaa nastya's performance at the olympics :shout: :sad: my eyes, i can't read such things. now my mind is thinking it, cut out my eyes and brain. :hysteric:

She played pretty well in that match actually...but well, itīs the past now. Time to re-re-re-re-re-focuse;)

_LuCaS_
May 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
If Anastasia won the gold in Athens, she would have won this easily -

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20050513/39975263.html
SHarapova will easily win the newcomer award and giving 2 awards to tennis is too much so it won't happen. Like I care.

_LuCaS_
May 13th, 2005, 09:58 PM
10 days left until RG :scared:

Spunky83
May 13th, 2005, 10:17 PM
10 days left until RG :scared:

Time just flys by...next year I will be one year older again :eek:

_LuCaS_
May 13th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Time just flys by...next year I will be one year older again :eek:
Likely :)

_LuCaS_
May 14th, 2005, 08:23 AM
From an interview with Anastasia's father, Andrey

Myskina : Russian does not surrender

When rumors have spread, that Myskina will not go to Roland Garros, her fans had a shock. But Nastya didn't say her last word. Other question ? is it worth risking even more her health. As her father Andrey wisely said, it is necessary to risk with mind too:
? Know, Nastya already had a tough time back in 2001 after an injury. What do you think? IN 2 weeks she was back on court.
? Is she allowed to play?
? Presently it is not certain. Fortunately, she is surrounded with a good professionals, including doctor Sergey Jasnitsky, masseur Anatoly Glebov ? they help her very much. Besides she is observed by the WTA doctors and constantly consults to them. (Next he reffers to the amazing comebacks of Justine and Kim on an optimistic aura)
She was mentally exhausted after 2004 and she didn't recovered in time. Certainly, she is a fighter in her heart, always goes on overcoming. But in fact it is necessary to risk with mind too.
? It would be desirable to be consoled in an idea, that time heals... but you as father what do you think: it is necessary to a daughter to go to Paris or it is better to be reinsured all the same and then to give all the best under the full program?
? Last word for the trainer and the doctor. And Nastya tries solving the problem with Jens Gerlach. Actually I seldom see her. But the main thing is, that she got used on solving it eventually.
? I think, it would be morally hard for her to disappoint spectators ? they in fact will wait from her to try and repeat last year's triumph...
? Sometimes all have tough time. I think, she will sustain, and all will return into place...

Then I talked with Shamil Tarpischev, and, strangely enough, it has very resolutely told:
? I am confident, that Nastya will go to Paris. She should go. It will be a strong shake-up, and it seems to me, now it is necessary for it.

Roughly translated :)
I think we can take this as a good news. It's so good to see that her father supports her all the way. SHe is getting top medical care too. Nothing upon the "personal problem" still.
Nastya :hug: :hug: :hug:

Spunky83
May 14th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Source Lucas? Please?

Spunky83
May 14th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Being the nice, rational and fair fan Iīve always been....:

YEAAAHHHH PATTY!!! :lol:

I am mean, I know but well...

_LuCaS_
May 14th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Source Lucas? Please?
I sense a drop of doubt?
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=166539

Spunky83
May 14th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I sense a drop of doubt?
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=166539

No, no...just for a-m.com...canīt write something without source;)

Thx

_LuCaS_
May 14th, 2005, 06:02 PM
SHe will probably make an official statement soon.

Spunky83
May 14th, 2005, 06:11 PM
SHe will probably make an official statement soon.

Well, "she" as in "Jens Gerlach told at the phone...", hiring an official spokesperson would be somewhat easier;)

Itīs saturday already...the FO lists have to be announced very soon. Canīt believe itīs French Open time again.

martirogi
May 15th, 2005, 07:34 PM
:bounce: eight days :bounce:

Almalyk
May 16th, 2005, 01:25 AM
I hope Anastasia plays the French Open - regardless of her form! It would be such a shame at least to make no effort to defend her title.

Daniel
May 16th, 2005, 03:42 AM
She wil make the effort as lonsg as she doesnt risk her health. otherwise, she better rest at home with family and boyfriend :)

jmcfarla
May 16th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I think Nastya should (as long as she is physically capable to) definately play.

Regardless of form, and even minor/nagging injury, this should be her most important tournament of the year. She is defending her Grand Slam title, there is almost no excuse not to.

If she needs to rest skip Wimbledon, the US, even the rest of the season, but this is the ONE she has to play.

I think Nastya already knows this and will play RG. She is very into the whole historical moments thing, and knows the first time she steps on to court at the FO she will be the first Russian defending champion in a Slam.

The problem with form/confidence is that it is not going to improve unless she plays.

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I think Nastya should (as long as she is physically capable to) definately play.

Regardless of form, and even minor/nagging injury, this should be her most important tournament of the year. She is defending her Grand Slam title, there is almost no excuse not to.

If she needs to rest skip Wimbledon, the US, even the rest of the season, but this is the ONE she has to play.

I think Nastya already knows this and will play RG. She is very into the whole historical moments thing, and knows the first time she steps on to court at the FO she will be the first Russian defending champion in a Slam.

The problem with form/confidence is that it is not going to improve unless she plays.

Mentally of course it would be a good idea for her to play. She will either go down first round or she will remember what happened a year ago in Paris to her. Physically...I donīt know, sheīs been having that injury for years now and obviously it doesnīt get better or worse for that matter. Thereīs a risk, thatīs for sure though. A tear can only get bigger and not better by playing. Weīll see...when will they finally tell us whatīs going on?!?

goldenlox
May 16th, 2005, 02:48 PM
If Anastasia is healthy enough to play, she should play.
She had only won one match since IW, and was down a set and a break to Molik in round 1.
And she won the whole thing.

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Mentally of course it would be a good idea for her to play. She will either go down first round or she will remember what happened a year ago in Paris to her. Physically...I donīt know, sheīs been having that injury for years now and obviously it doesnīt get better or worse for that matter. Thereīs a risk, thatīs for sure though. A tear can only get bigger and not better by playing. Weīll see...when will they finally tell us whatīs going on?!?
Not always

Anastasia needs points, I don't expect her to defend but this is the 2nd major of the year and she's 33 in the Race with 392 pts. She is 651 pts away from #8.

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 04:02 PM
If Anastasia is healthy enough to play, she should play.
She had only won one match since IW, and was down a set and a break to Molik in round 1.
And she won the whole thing.

:D yeah...I remember everyone predicting that Nastya would be the first seed to go out in round one last year...memories

But whatever happens, it just looks cool and it will always look that way...

French Open winners 1972 - 2004:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Spunky83/9df71e25.jpg
:worship: ...to everyone on this list (yes, even to Iva Majoli;))

goldenlox
May 16th, 2005, 04:04 PM
When Anastasia starts playing well, the points will come.
In her last 3 majors, Nastya hasn't beaten a seed.
Sveta is 11-1 in her last 2 majors. Lena D. came back in NYC to make the final.
Maria almost won the AO.

I'd like to see Anastasia have another strong major.
If not RG, then Wimbledon or the USO.

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Not always

Anastasia needs points, I don't expect her to defend but this is the 2nd major of the year and she's 33 in the Race with 392 pts. She is 651 pts away from #8.

...and earned like 250000 Dollars already, even with that :)

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 04:49 PM
...and earned like 250000 Dollars already, even with that :)
Spunky, not everybody thinks about the money. There are more important things in life.

martirogi
May 16th, 2005, 05:16 PM
a week from now nastya will have already won her 1st rd match :crazy:

maybe its a rematch vs vaidisova :boxing: :scared:

i think she'll win but it will either be really easy like 61,60 or hard like 64 or 75 in the third

vamos nastya :bounce: :bounce:

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Spunky, not everybody thinks about the money. There are more important things in life.

:eek: Seriously? Dīoh! ;)

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 07:02 PM
:eek: Seriously? Dīoh! ;)
So any ebay transactions lately? :p

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 07:12 PM
So any ebay transactions lately? :p

Itīs a pity itīs not allowed to auction off living creatures, otherwise I would auction myself off :tape:

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I'm sure the Med School will apreciate you

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I'm sure the Med School will apreciate you

Ok, start the bid! :lol:

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 07:54 PM
It's not that easy...a full evaluation must be conducted. You know to make sure everything is at it's place :)
I do make home visits :hehehe:

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 07:57 PM
It's not that easy...a full evaluation must be conducted. You know to make sure everything is at it's place :)
I do make home visits :hehehe:

Really? :hehehe:

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Light the candles :drive:

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Light the candles :drive:

Ok, see you in uhhh...aprox. 3 days? I think you should make it in time! Iīll fix something to eat, it will be pretty cold (and probably already green) when you finally arrive :lick:

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Where's the plane smilie when you need it? :(

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Where's the plane smilie when you need it? :(

Hehe...youīre lucky the town I live in has the third largest airport in Germany, so good chance for you;)

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I'll count the hours...(among the sheeps :zzz: ) during flight

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I'll count the hours...(among the sheeps :zzz: ) during flight

The hours? How long would a flight from Romania to Germany last? Canīt be that long?

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Uhh...I'll have to make a small detour...through Milano for some shopping ;) I hope you won't mind

katiektc
May 16th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Aww...you two warm the cockles of my heart ;)

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Uhh...I'll have to make a small detour...through Milano for some shopping ;) I hope you won't mind

Is that Lucas or Justineīs husband speaking? :eek:

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Aww...you two warm the cockles of my heart ;)
Careful, the ice crust might melt ;)

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I think Justine's husband is busy right now

Spunky83
May 16th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I think Justine's husband is busy right now

LOL...yeah, they are moving from Belgium to Monaco, thatīs what they are doing, for sure!

For all of you people who like to interpret my avatars...I just enjoy the pics Iīve taken, no need for deprecations ;)

Katiektc, long no see! Or is it just me?

martirogi
May 17th, 2005, 12:07 AM
we all enjoy the pics u took spunky :D :D :D

o wait we havent seen them. :fiery:

katiektc
May 17th, 2005, 12:27 AM
LOL...yeah, they are moving from Belgium to Monaco, thatīs what they are doing, for sure!

For all of you people who like to interpret my avatars...I just enjoy the pics Iīve taken, no need for deprecations ;)

Katiektc, long no see! Or is it just me?

'Ello! :wavey: Ah, I've been around! Busy with exams :fiery:
Liked your pic from Berlin!

Can't believe it's been a whole year already that Nastya's been RG champion! :eek:

BUBI
May 17th, 2005, 08:55 AM
:wavey:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=167056

Vote Myskina there, I'm the only one this far

Spunky83
May 17th, 2005, 11:28 AM
we all enjoy the pics u took spunky :D :D :D

o wait we havent seen them. :fiery:

Well...Nastya crashed out on a wednesday and I arrived there thursday.
But if you wanna see the rest: http://photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/

One good thing...seems like Nastya plays the French Open:

Eurosport

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/pages/v4/l2/s57/e7332/sport_lng2_spo57_evt7332_sto719461.shtml

Myskina returns with something to prove
Defending French Open champion Anastasia Myskina heads to Paris knowing she will need to improve on the form she has shown thus far in 2005 to emulate her success of last year. "I couldn't say it's my best year," the 23-year old Russian told Eurosport in Berlin two weeks ago.

"It's [been] kind of 50/50," said Myskina sizing up a 2005 where she didn't survive the first week in Melbourne and where - so far - she's played only two matches on clay, losing both.

The world number six bowed to two virtual unknowns, Nicole Vaidisova in Charleston and Julia Schruff in Berlin.

"I played sometimes good tennis and sometimes not. I think one of the reasons is because the last year was pretty tough for me."

Last year's surprise winner in Paris believes she's more than a "one-slam wonder".

"I remember that last year I almost lost to Alicia Molik and later I almost lost to Kuznetsova in the last 16, so I didn't really expect to win the whole thing," Myskina told us.

She then went on to beat Venus Williams in the quarter-finals and Jennifer Capriati in the semis before crushing her friend Elena Dementieva, 6-1 6-2 in the final.

"I was really happy when I went through my first rounds. So even this year I'm really looking forward to the first matches. I think that how you start the tournament is how you finish it."

Eurosport - Julian Mattocks - 17/05/2005

I just donīt know if they just some quotes from after her match at Berlin because apparently it was decided afterwards not to play Rome.

cerbero
May 17th, 2005, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Spunky83]Well...Nastya crashed out on a wednesday and I arrived there thursday.
But if you wanna see the rest: http://photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/

One good thing...seems like Nastya plays the French Open:

Eurosport

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/pages/v4/l2/s57/e7332/sport_lng2_spo57_evt7332_sto719461.shtml

I wonder if that' really a good thing, probably she's playing cause she has to... :(

goldenlox
May 17th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I wonder how recent that interview is, because it says she lost both of her clay court matches this year.
So it's a goofy article.

sinterklaasje
May 17th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I don't know whether I should be happy or not.
I just hope she's well rested. If the shoulder is ok and she can win some matches, then her confidence may grow. Let the season start!

goldenlox
May 17th, 2005, 02:49 PM
It's supposed to rain in Paris the next few days. So Anastasia will start her defense on slow, wet clay.
She needs to be healthy for these matches.

Spunky83
May 17th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I don't know whether I should be happy or not.
I just hope she's well rested. If the shoulder is ok and she can win some matches, then her confidence may grow. Let the season start!

Yep, first of all the eurosport article is weird and kinda like made up out of different quotes. Then I have to say that my reaction to it was apathetic...weīll see.

Iīve translated a weird, weird but interesting and quite long article about Nastya on the website of Le Figaro:

To read that one, please visit http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/index1.php?id=590 (news, in the update part!) :angel: :eek: :lol: :tape:

You can also read the french version:
http://sports.lefigaro.fr/article_tennis_myskina_a_plat_2404.html

Spunky83
May 17th, 2005, 04:38 PM
It's supposed to rain in Paris the next few days. So Anastasia will start her defense on slow, wet clay.
She needs to be healthy for these matches.

Good

martirogi
May 17th, 2005, 04:53 PM
dont worry guys. nastya will surprise you all with a very good first round performance. :bounce: :bounce:

nice pics spunky ;)

ys
May 17th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Russian media refer some interview of Jens to Reuters saying that Nastya is arriving to Paris on Thursday.. :) Shoulder pain is still there.. :(

goldenlox
May 17th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Here's an article -

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=765072

Spunky83
May 17th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Russian media refer some interview of Jens to Reuters saying that Nastya is arriving to Paris on Thursday.. :) Shoulder pain is still there.. :(

Havenīt expected it to go away so easily...hehe...seems like I am going to win the pain-free-shoulder contest first!

...and the news is flooding now...seems like eurosport has made one thing right finally;)

Spunky83
May 17th, 2005, 05:31 PM
dont worry guys. nastya will surprise you all with a very good first round performance. :bounce: :bounce:

nice pics spunky ;)

Iīm sorry, I thought you wanted to see pics of Nastya and not the rest;)

Thx!

ys
May 17th, 2005, 06:12 PM

No.. I'd rather be surprised by a very poor seventh round performance..

_LuCaS_
May 17th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Here's an article -

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=765072
Thank you.
So she is going to play.

martirogi
May 17th, 2005, 06:29 PM
No.. I'd rather be surprised by a very poor seventh round performance..

id rather not be surprised by nastya loosing a sucky final :scared:
that would be sad :sad:

Spunky83
May 17th, 2005, 07:52 PM
OMG...I would be soooo happy about a crappy 7th round-appearance!!!!

No kidding! (yes, really!)

frenchie
May 17th, 2005, 07:58 PM
I'm going to RG on monday but I won't see Nastya's match because I have tickets for the court nr1 :fiery:
I just hope she won't play in pain :sad:

_LuCaS_
May 17th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Let's hope you'll get another chance ;)

frenchie
May 17th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Actually I saw her last year but only in doubles. She was so nice on court and with her coach (of course the match was easy ;) I even got her autograph but was a little afraid to talk to her :rolleyes:
Now I could give everything I have to see Nastya as happy again.

PS: My brother also got her autograph and the first thing he said to me was that Nastya had very hairy arms :lol:

sinterklaasje
May 17th, 2005, 08:39 PM

She wouldn't play if the shoulder was really a big issue (I hope so, think she's smart enough to have a break when necessary), so I suppose her mental state is more a problem than the shoulder. Well, she can fix that with some good wins :)
so, davai Nastya :bounce:

martirogi
May 17th, 2005, 08:46 PM
well thanks to espn i only get to see half the french open :fiery:

and the american/ sharapova half too. nastya could make it to the quarters and id still probably never see her. :armed:

_LuCaS_
May 17th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Don't you have TTC?

Spunky83
May 17th, 2005, 09:27 PM
She wouldn't play if the shoulder was really a big issue (I hope so, think she's smart enough to have a break when necessary), so I suppose her mental state is more a problem than the shoulder. Well, she can fix that with some good wins :)
so, davai Nastya :bounce:

Exactly this is the problem...as long as she can crawl, she would have played. I am not that sure about that decission. Tommy Haas had the same problem and played on, until he had a total huge tear.

martirogi
May 17th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Don't you have TTC?

no ttc, no espn classic, no nastya :sad: :sad: :sad:

i was all pumped to watch tennis all day for two weeks, but now it's nothingness

selyoink
May 18th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I don't think I have seen Myskina play since before the U.S. open. Either the Rogers Cup loss to Likhovtseva or the loss to Davenport at San Diego. Can't remember which tournament came first. I have had a long drought of no Myskina on TV. Probably a good thing so far b/c of her atrocious season to this point.

I hope she turns things around at the Roland Garros but I'm expecting the worse. Hopefully she can surprise me!

Spunky83
May 18th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I don't think I have seen Myskina play since before the U.S. open. Either the Rogers Cup loss to Likhovtseva or the loss to Davenport at San Diego. Can't remember which tournament came first. I have had a long drought of no Myskina on TV. Probably a good thing so far b/c of her atrocious season to this point.

I hope she turns things around at the Roland Garros but I'm expecting the worse. Hopefully she can surprise me!

...and some of us are complaining about the tv schedule here in europe :rolleyes:

Compared to you...san diego final, three montreal matches, set of us open, two filderstadt matches, all moscow matches, all yec matches, all ausopen matches...and even some crappy first/second round matches after that;)

Guess, we should consider us as happy fellas (may the results be with you, Nastya!) :angel:

_LuCaS_
May 18th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Indeed Eurosport does a great job :worship:
If only Nastya would win a match or two :tennis:

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2005, 01:17 PM
...and some of us are complaining about the tv schedule here in europe :rolleyes:

Compared to you...san diego final, three montreal matches, set of us open, two filderstadt matches, all moscow matches, all yec matches, all ausopen matches...and even some crappy first/second round matches after that;)

Guess, we should consider us as happy fellas (may the results be with you, Nastya!) :angel:

i agree

Since last RG i have seen Montreal matsches, Olimpic :sad: - all her matches, Indoors Europe, Moscow (SF vs Davenport :bounce: ), YEC, Fed Cup (amazing doubles ;)) , AO, ohhh but i want MORE!!! :devil:

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2005, 01:19 PM
BTW, have read in russian newspapers some words abt nice friendship between Maria and Nastya when they was training at USA abt 5 yers ago ;)

Spunky83
May 18th, 2005, 01:22 PM
i agree

Since last RG i have seen Montreal matsches, Olimpic :sad: - all her matches, Indoors Europe, Moscow (SF vs Davenport :bounce: ), YEC, Fed Cup (amazing doubles ;)) , AO, ohhh but i want MORE!!! :devil:

Every olympic match? Seriously? I am still whining about the fact that I wasnīt able to watch THE match...I know you guys donīt want even want to think about it but well :sad: I am searching everywhere for a tape or DVD of it. Still no success.

But Iīve finally found someone who has the 2004 San Diego match sf vs. Zvonareva (how many match points Nastya fought off? 9?)...I am looking forward to see this one.

sinterklaasje
May 18th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Every olympic match? Seriously? I am still whining about the fact that I wasnīt able to watch THE match...I know you guys donīt want even want to think about it but well :sad: I am searching everywhere for a tape or DVD of it. Still no success.

I've got the olympic match vs Henin on tape actually. But I didn't manage to watch the match again, it's just too painful :sad:

selyoink
May 18th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Actually I guess I did get to see her match against Henin-hardenne at the Olympics but that was the last one. They showed her match against Sharapova at the YEC and I taped it but my roommate taped over it before I got to watch it. So I haven't seen her since the Olympics.

martirogi
May 18th, 2005, 03:46 PM
since everyone's doing it and i always follow everyone else....

i got to see nastya no olympic matches, san diego final :rolleyes: , montreal semi, no uso, no indoor, vs serena and sharapova at yec, no aussie open, no clay

now that i wrote them, everytime she's on us tv she loses :eek:

but thanks to this thing called the internet i downloaded kremlin cup final :bounce: and got to see loss vs dechy on live internet feed

goldenlox
May 18th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I know ESPN and NBC showed her last 3 matches at RG last year.

martirogi
May 18th, 2005, 03:57 PM
i was at work and dint see her quarters or semis, then the final came on at 7am saturday morning. thankfully i remembered, all other years i wake up and realize i forgot.

goldenlox
May 18th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Those 3 matches were on live, which makes them memorable.

cerbero
May 18th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Myskina at RG last year is unforgetable.

_LuCaS_
May 19th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Tomorrow's the maindraw. Get a good draw Nastya :kiss:

martirogi
May 19th, 2005, 07:46 PM
no no no, nastya needs a really hard impossible draw. vaidisova first rd, henin and schnyer and mauresmo in her quarter :devil:

_LuCaS_
May 19th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Easy on the pills martirogi

sinterklaasje
May 19th, 2005, 08:05 PM
The draw doesn't matter, her form does!!!
If she's in good shape she can beat anyone, if not ... :unsure:
All the best Nastya, we still believe in you !!!

sinterklaasje
May 20th, 2005, 12:08 PM
third round could be Nastya-Venus
sounds interesting
Lindsay and Kim are also in the top half of the draw
Udachi Nastya :bounce:

frenchie
May 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
It could have been a quite good draw until the 4th round but judging from Anastasia's recent form...
Good luck anyway

Epigone
May 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
third round could be Nastya-Venus
sounds interesting
Lindsay and Kim are also in the top half of the draw
Udachi Nastya :bounce:If Nastya and Venus are to meet, it will be in the 4th round

11-Venus Williams (E-U)-Marta Marrero (Esp)
Fabiola Zuluaga (Col)-Qualifiée
Alyona Bondarenko (Ukr)-Sesil Karatantcheva (Bul)
Julia Schruff (All)-19-Shinobu Asagoe (Jap)
27-Amy Frazier (E-U)-Meghann Shaughnessy (E-U)
Emilie Loit (Fra)-Claudine Schaul (Lux)
Tatiana Perebiynis (Ukr)-Emmanuelle Gagliardi (Sui)
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (Esp)-5-Anastasia Myskina (Rus)

sinterklaasje
May 20th, 2005, 12:24 PM
If Nastya and Venus are to meet, it will be in the 4th round

Sorry, I just saw my mistake, it will be fourth round indeed

Foot's Fingers
May 20th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Good luck, Nastya!!!

TheBoiledEgg
May 20th, 2005, 01:14 PM
time for Nastya to come good
go Nastya :) :D good luck girl :)

Spunky83
May 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Up until the fourth round, itīs all up to Nastya...sadly, she too often imagines too see a shark on the other side although itīs only a goldfish.

So, monday...thank God, it isnīt the title holder opening on center but the first seeded player :o

Foot's Fingers
May 20th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Nastya have played vs Maria Sanchez Lorenzo once before at US Open 2003 in second round and won 2-6 6-4 6-3

Nastya was 10th in ranking for that moment and Maria 53th

Daniel
May 20th, 2005, 02:01 PM
If Nastya and Venus are to meet, it will be in the 4th round

11-Venus Williams (E-U)-Marta Marrero (Esp)
Fabiola Zuluaga (Col)-Qualifiée
Alyona Bondarenko (Ukr)-Sesil Karatantcheva (Bul)
Julia Schruff (All)-19-Shinobu Asagoe (Jap)
27-Amy Frazier (E-U)-Meghann Shaughnessy (E-U)
Emilie Loit (Fra)-Claudine Schaul (Lux)
Tatiana Perebiynis (Ukr)-Emmanuelle Gagliardi (Sui)
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (Esp)-5-Anastasia Myskina (Rus)

Hopefully if that happens she will beat Venus a gain :D :D but lets focus in the 1R match, Come on Nastya, dont lose , do your best and defend your title :D :D :worship:

goldenlox
May 20th, 2005, 02:32 PM
If Anastasia can get through the first round, she can build up some confidence and momentum.
This is a very good draw. She has to get this first one.

ys
May 20th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I agree, very good draw. Seeds are tough. Still Venus in the fourth is way better than JHH in the fourth round. And if Nastya gets to the 4th round, she will be as good of a favourite to win the whole thing as anyone. She just needs to get going. Go baby.. :)

_LuCaS_
May 20th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Decent draw :banana:
Let's win the first match Nastya :kiss:

selyoink
May 20th, 2005, 03:47 PM
She should be able to win her first few matches but with her current form anything is possible.

goldenlox
May 20th, 2005, 03:51 PM
On Tuesday May 31st in Paris, Nastya and Federer get their ITF World Champions trophy.

goldenlox
May 20th, 2005, 03:54 PM
This is Cronin -

the women
11. Will defending champion Anastasia Myskina put up a fight or just quietly go home?
The Russian is not a quiet sort; she's a yelling laughing, brooding, smiling kind of immensely complicated woman. In a sense, her whole season is tied up in how she performs here. Will she briefly overcome her personal problems and show her top form at the locale that made her a champion, or will she emotionally collapse in an early round, go home and have her sore shoulder operated on? Although she's showed almost no spunk since February, the Russian will pull off a couple major wins before losing a dicey three-setter to an elite player who's name is not Maria.

_LuCaS_
May 20th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I hope Cronin is right ... this could mean 4th R but also QF or maybe even SF

So she has to stay in week 2 to get her award. And hopefully not just that.

Spunky83
May 20th, 2005, 04:31 PM
This is Cronin -

the women
11. Will defending champion Anastasia Myskina put up a fight or just quietly go home?
The Russian is not a quiet sort; she's a yelling laughing, brooding, smiling kind of immensely complicated woman. In a sense, her whole season is tied up in how she performs here. Will she briefly overcome her personal problems and show her top form at the locale that made her a champion, or will she emotionally collapse in an early round, go home and have her sore shoulder operated on? Although she's showed almost no spunk since February, the Russian will pull off a couple major wins before losing a dicey three-setter to an elite player who's name is not Maria.

Wasnīt it Cronin who had this tearful interview with Nastya a few weeks ago? Seems like he feels some sympathy for the "yelling laughing, brooding, smiling kind of immensely complicated woman" a.k.a. Anastasia.

However, heīs right with everything he says. This tourney is everything or nothing for her and especially for her troubled mind. I looove his last sentence. Nastya losing to an elite player (elite player as in "any player besides Maria from the lower draw half)...I am sooo in!!!

Spunky wants her to be spunky again (great choice of words, Matthew!) :lol:

goldenlox
May 20th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I don't believe this tournament is more important than any other major.
There are 2 more majors this year, 4 more next year.
This is one tournament in a career.

But this surface is good for Anastasia. The big servers have to work hard to hold.
And her court coverage can frustrate opponents.

Spunky83
May 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I don't believe this tournament is more important than any other major.
There are 2 more majors this year, 4 more next year.
This is one tournament in a career.

But this surface is good for Anastasia. The big servers have to work hard to hold.
And her court coverage can frustrate opponents.

Rain...come rain, come on... :secret: We have a deal!

goldenlox
May 20th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Her first round opponent is a clay court player. So this won't be easy.
If Anastasia gets through it, anything can happen.

martirogi
May 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
nastya doesnt get to play 1st match :sad:

she'll either step on to court and feel the rush and setiment from last years run or she'll step on and say what the fuck am i doing here i dont feel like this now.

goldenlox
May 20th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Anastasia in Paris -

http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_h_myskina_20_01.jpg

_LuCaS_
May 20th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Another
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/8963/myskina5ab.jpg

HOT!

cerbero
May 20th, 2005, 06:03 PM
She's absolutely furious...ready to crush everything in her path... Goooooooooooo Nastya...

Spunky83
May 20th, 2005, 06:42 PM
nastya doesnt get to play 1st match :sad:

she'll either step on to court and feel the rush and setiment from last years run or she'll step on and say what the fuck am i doing here i dont feel like this now.

no, no...that would be me, doing work;)

She will try everything, I am sure.

martirogi
May 20th, 2005, 07:54 PM
of all the shots they could have taken and posted online, stupid roland garros and yahoo chose almost the exact same pic :rolleyes:

Spunky83
May 20th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Seems like she practices on one of the main courts...getting the touch back is really important now.

_LuCaS_
May 20th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Don't worry...we'll get lots of pics in the coming days :hearts:

daniela86
May 20th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Don't worry...we'll get lots of pics in the coming days :hearts:
Indeed :yeah: :yippee: :yippee: and especially coz Nastya will go far here :hehehe: I have a good feeling about her at RG :bounce: Maria Sanchez Lorenzo didn't do anything special this season so she is probably one of the best opponent for Nastya :cool: Ana should win this match in 2 sets and i think she will do it as she seems motivated at 100% :hehehe:
Davai,clay queen, plz win your second Gslam :worship: :worship:

_LuCaS_
May 20th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words daniela :hug:

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 01:50 PM
Ok, got this from Justineīs OS:

"The draw will be released on Friday. Justine will be amongst the 16 seeded players. If she is at the same half of the draw as Anastasia Myskina , Justine will play her first match on Monday, if not, Tuesday will be the first day of her tournament."

...meaning, damn...my theory was right that the title holder gets to open on Philippe Chatrier...I am scared but also very excited! Yes Goldenlox (as the most rational and somewhat mature fan around here), you will probably think that doesnīt matter as a match is a match and she should treat every match like...well a match, but still, itīs very special and I hope she can turn this honour into positive energy :D

BTW: the latest "caption this"-pic on GM, no further comment...but I love Smiling-Nastya, smiling Nastya is the best Nastya;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Spunky83/Fun%20Mobile%20Pics/128692bd.jpg

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 01:55 PM
Lindsay is saying, " nice dick you've got there Nastya"...

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 01:56 PM
Lindzī facial impression is just great :lol:

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 01:59 PM
Lindzī facial impression is just great :lol:
like yuuuck and i love Nastya's smile...

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 02:03 PM
like yuuuck and i love Nastya's smile...

Yeah, isnīt it? I didnīt even notice the "weird" part of this pic at first as I was somewhat dazed by that super cute smile :D

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 02:07 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Spunky83/Fun%20Mobile%20Pics/128692bd.jpg[/QUOTE]
We changed page and I was missing the smile... ;)

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 02:10 PM
lol...yeah

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 02:17 PM
I can't resist i've got to download it... :lol:

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 02:20 PM
Opening match...opening match, 11 am, center...uahhhhh!!! hehe...hope Eurosport doesnīt decide to show a match from court 15 or whatever because some unknown German "tries" to win a match again (although I am cheering for them in the WTC now).

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 02:26 PM
I wouldnīt be surprised if they do that... don't give them ideas...plz

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 02:36 PM
I wouldnīt be surprised if they do that... don't give them ideas...plz

You get the german Eurosport version in Portugal?

...at least, I can actually go to my university seminar then at 2pm ;)

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 02:40 PM
You get the german Eurosport version in Portugal?

...at least, I can actually go to my university seminar then at 2pm ;)
I think it's the english version usually with potuguese comentators...bad ones...

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 02:41 PM
I think it's the english version usually with potuguese comentators...bad ones...

Well then...Timmy will know how to destroy your tennis tv schedule then;)

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 02:44 PM
Timmy played quite well last year at RG but didn't mind watching him loose in semis, i prefer the spanish...

_LuCaS_
May 21st, 2005, 03:28 PM
Opening match...opening match, 11 am, center...uahhhhh!!! hehe...hope Eurosport doesnīt decide to show a match from court 15 or whatever because some unknown German "tries" to win a match again (although I am cheering for them in the WTC now).
First match? ......... :scared: ..............
11:00 AM CET?

I already got shivers

PS: Sorry for those vCash Spunky :( :confused:

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 03:38 PM
First match? ......... :scared: ..............
11:00 AM CET?

I already got shivers

PS: Sorry for those vCash Spunky :( :confused:

Well, according to Justineīs site, Nastyaīs upper half draw placement is the reason she plays tuesday, so I guess itīs titleholder and not first seed, but well, weīll see. But yes, if first match then it will be 11 am.

Lucas...see! Thatīs why I didnīt want to bet 148 like you told me to do ;)

martirogi
May 21st, 2005, 03:48 PM
the only chance i have to see nastya is if she plays after 4 french time. o wait its american tv i still wouldnt have a chance.

im very bitter :o

cerbero
May 21st, 2005, 04:54 PM
Don't worry Marti, we'll send you a tape... :lol:

goldenlox
May 21st, 2005, 06:31 PM
The #1 seed and the defending champ -

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050521/capt.rog11005211248.france_tennis_french_open_rog1 10.jpg

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 06:52 PM
The #1 seed and the defending champ -

...a gooood semifinal match-up;)

_LuCaS_
May 21st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Definately :zzz:

Spunky83
May 21st, 2005, 08:20 PM
Definately :zzz:

Youīre serious? Itīs the best thing which can happen to Nastya (if she makes it to the semis at all). Watching Lindz play on european clay is like Coria winning matches in Wimby :o

_LuCaS_
May 21st, 2005, 08:23 PM
I dream about it D'OH !!!

Spunky83
May 22nd, 2005, 01:29 AM
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/theobserver/story/0,10541,1489433,00.html?gusrc=rss

My oh so beloved Guardian - Observer, big words are their favourites

Anastasia Myskina summons all the chirpiness of a Chekhovian heroine. 'Right now I'm not thinking about the French Open. I'm thinking if I'm going to wake up happy tomorrow,' she says - and it gets worse. 'Right now I'm really upset. Maybe this is not my time. I keep losing. I don't have enough confidence. I don't want to find any excuses but maybe I am not working hard enough.'

The winner in Paris a year ago, making her the first Russian female to win a grand-slam singles title, has always done gloomy introspection and self-blame pretty well, even if there may have been an element of objectivity in this latest melancholy outburst, which came after she lost in Berlin earlier this month to the undistinguished German player Julia Schruff.

It is, however, quite easy to discern a threat to her retaining the French Open title that has less to do with her inner demons than some solidly human forms: the outstanding Belgian players, Justine Hénin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters, both of whom are competitive again having suffered medical problems last year, and the redoubtable young Russian trio, Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova, US Open winner Svetlana Kuznetsova and Nadia Petrova. [...]

Itīs definetly time to start the day with a smile again, no matter what;)

goldenlox
May 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
Anastasia said her mom is very ill. That's the personal problem everyone spoke of.
That's terrible, and I hope she can get better.
But on the court, you can't think about that stuff.
Anastasia has to focus.

cerbero
May 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
I don't know if you've seen this ? "a serious illness for Myskina's mother":eek:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2005-05-22/200505221116776276428.html

_LuCaS_
May 22nd, 2005, 05:40 PM
I don't know if you've seen this ? "a serious illness for Myskina's mother":eek:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2005-05-22/200505221116776276428.html

A serious illness for Myskina's mother

Myskina bore a good portion of her private life on Sunday at the champion's press conference, informing the world for the first time that her mother, Galina, has been battling a serious illness, which is believed to be cancer. Myskina has known about it since January and it has clearly affected her play, as she has only reached one semi final this year.

"It's been a pretty hard time," said Myskina, who will play Spain's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo on Monday. "But I'm a professional tennis player and I have to play no matter what. I'm going to try to do my best. It's my favourite tournament, so I really want to do great here."

Myskina has also been dealing with a nagging shoulder injury, which caused her to pull out of Fed Cup and had her doubting whether she could play Roland Garros.

"Of course it's not 100 percent, she said. "You can't heal that fast. But it's getting better. I've been serving a lot and even though it gets tired. I still need to do it."

Last year, Myskina became the first Russian woman to win a Grand Slam singles title when she beat Elena Dementieva in the final.

Two weeks ago, no confidence

She ended the 2004 ranked a career high No. 3 and declared her intention of taking over the No.1 ranking. But after being stunned by Nathalie Dechy at the 2005 Australian Open, her game slid downhill. Two weeks ago in Berlin, she was shocked by German wild card Julia Schruff and said that she had absolutely no confidence in her game.

But on Sunday after getting a good workout at her beloved Roland Garros, she felt much better.

"I'll try to believe because I played such a great tournament here last year," said Myskina, who beat Kim Clijsters 6-1 in a practice set. "I'm hoping to come back here and get my confidence back. Even though today was a practice match, I was really happy that I played well and look forward to Monday."

Last week, Myskina's coach, Jens Gerlach, said his student is going to have to rediscover her inner fire at Roland Garros.

"She's been a champion and knows how to dig deep like a champion," he said. "If she gets to Paris and wins a couple of good matches, maybe she'll feel the magic of Roland Garros again."

Myskina, who took down Venus in last year's quarterfinals, could play her US foe again in the fourth round. Like her coach, she's hoping to rekindle her fire.

_LuCaS_
May 22nd, 2005, 08:58 PM
Sunday
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_v_myskina_22_01.jpg

:hearts:

Spunky83
May 22nd, 2005, 09:01 PM
As hard as it sounds: I just hopes she does her job when sheīs on court.

She can do it...I think her mother wouldnīt like it either to see her only child suffer sooo much from it. So come on Nastya!!!

Breakaway
May 22nd, 2005, 09:19 PM
I feel bad for Nastya and her mom. :sad:

But now Nastya needs to focus and do well at this tournament, Go Myskina! :bounce:

Almalyk
May 22nd, 2005, 09:30 PM
Good luck today Anastasia!!

ys
May 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Posted by me on May 5th..

It looked like Nastya used every single excuse not to play much this year.. And Lena D. surely knew what she was talking about when she attributed Nastya's results to "personal problems". I do not think it could be a breakup with a boyfriend - Nastya had plenty of boyfriends and plenty of breakups. In all probability it can only mean .. a close relative being seriously sick.. or something like that..

:( :( Sometimes .. it seems to me that I can always feel them, what they are going through, what is happening in their minds..

Nastya will be at her best at RG. I hope so..

sinterklaasje
May 22nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
:sad:
I hope her mom gets well soon!!
All the best at RG

_LuCaS_
May 24th, 2005, 12:51 PM
It is over :sad: :bigcry:

jmcfarla
May 24th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Terrible lose, but there are more important things, hopes & prayers with Galina.

cerbero
May 24th, 2005, 01:49 PM
We should try to send Nastya a message of support, any ideas ?

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Ups...itīs back.

You know what I thought is really really sad? Nasyta didnīt want to play at all at the FO and it was only because her mother asked her to play so she finally went off...so sad.

cerbero
May 24th, 2005, 01:56 PM
She is in no condition to play, it's stupid playing like this it will only increase her misery but the decision is up to her...

cerbero
May 24th, 2005, 02:02 PM
So sweet...

frenchie
May 24th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Hello I'm back from RG and I have a lot of things to say about Nastya, her practice session, Jens, and Nastya's boyfriend!!

goldenlox
May 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Now Anastasia can spend some time with her mom, and decide what schedule she wants to have for the rest of 2005.

selyoink
May 24th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I agree that Myskina probably should not have played. I definitely think she should skip Wimbledon. Her thoughts are clearly with her mother and not on tennis at all. She should spend time with her mom who hopefully will be able to recover.

frenchie
May 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
So yesterday I had the privilege (at least for me) to see Nastya in person.
I saw her training session around 13 hours and at that time I already knew that she would loose. Actually she was SOOOO depressed on court. She never smiled nor talked to Jens. I even thought there was a little war between them as they just communicated with cold looks. At one point Jens hit a powerful ball that nearly touched Nastya. She became angry and shook her head to say that jens was crazy. I really think they have a problem but didn't want to show it as there was a lot of people watching them.

Maybe I have the answer to this problem: Nastya's boyfriend. It is still this "monkey" hockey player.
He doesn't seem to be Jens best friend but Jens shouldn't provoke him because he is a mountain of muscles (I thought he was obese at the first sight). But his face is ugly to me.

Later in the day I got the opportunity to see Nastya's match because I changed my court1 tickets with a nice girl. I only saw the last 2 sets but it was really painful to watch for me.BTW Nastya is even more beautiful all the more so as she doesn't have braces anymore!
I really had fun yesterday but I feel really sad for Nastya and her Mum.This story is terrible, and I'm happy that in France the medias accepted Nastya's defeat really well because of these personnel problems.
Get well soon Nastya!

goldenlox
May 24th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Anastasia should spend some time with her mom now.
She doesn't have to play the grass season.
Do some training, be with your mom, and come back on the tour when you are ready to focus and compete.
Until then, comfort your mom.

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Thx frenchie!!! Interesting story.

Yeah, you know that Jens-Nastya relationship is really, really weird and in public they really behave in a somewhat either joking (yes, it does exist!) or sick and torturing way. Itīs also true that Jens canīt really stand the boyfriend (they hardly ever sit together), but although she "sometimes" doesnīt treat him nicely, heīs one of her best friends and most important attachment figure. The german Eurosport commentators (one is a good friend of Jens) are always joking about the fact that both sometimes look like they were still an item.

Itīs a weird couple, definetly it is.

goldenlox
May 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Anastasia Myskina has been dealing with her mother's cancer throughout a disappointing 2005.

FROM ROLAND GARROS – Defending Roland Garros champion Anastasia Myskina bravely strode to the podium on Sunday and finally publicly admitted that it's been her mother's serious illness that has affected her play all year long. Myskina declined to state what the illness is, but TP has learned that Galina Myskina has cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy in Moscow.

Anastasia learned about this in January and has been in emotional turmoil ever since, reaching only one semifinal and unable to keep her mind on court. Until the past few days, she has refused to discuss the issue, preferring to keep it within the family. But sources that Galina told her daughter not to pull out of Roland Garros and go and play the tournament for her. Galina also is said to have told Anastasia that it was okay for her to talk about her illness.

Tour officials convinced Myskina that it was better for her to talk before the tournament, rather than be hounded about various rumors during the fortnight.
Fortunately for Myskina, she wasn't hammered with questions about the situation on Sunday, but did say it's been rough five months.

"It's been a pretty hard time," said Myskina, who will play Spain's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo on Monday. "But I'm a professional tennis player and I have to play no matter what. I'm going to try to do my best. It's my favorite tournament, So I really want to do great here."

Myskina's eyes welled up with tears a couple of times when discussing her state of affairs, but she did seem relieved that she no longer had to cover up her family's dire situation. She can now at least briefly focus on defending her title, hoping that her sore shoulder will hold up for two weeks.

"I'll try to believe because I played such a great tournament here last year," said Myskina, who beat Kim Clijsters 6-1 in a practice set. "I'm hoping to come back here and get my confidence back. Even though today was a practice match, I was really happy that I played well and look forward to Monday."

She added that she's hoping to recoup the same high level of motivation that led her to last year's crown. "I hope I'm getting it back now," she said. "It was hard, but hopefully, it will change."

katiektc
May 24th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Aww...good luck to Nastya and her mother. She should take time off as long as she needs to.

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Anastasia Myskina has been dealing with her mother's cancer throughout a disappointing 2005.

FROM ROLAND GARROS – Defending Roland Garros champion Anastasia Myskina bravely strode to the podium on Sunday and finally publicly admitted that it's been her mother's serious illness that has affected her play all year long. Myskina declined to state what the illness is, but TP has learned that Galina Myskina has cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy in Moscow.

Anastasia learned about this in January and has been in emotional turmoil ever since, reaching only one semifinal and unable to keep her mind on court. Until the past few days, she has refused to discuss the issue, preferring to keep it within the family. But sources that Galina told her daughter not to pull out of Roland Garros and go and play the tournament for her. Galina also is said to have told Anastasia that it was okay for her to talk about her illness.

Tour officials convinced Myskina that it was better for her to talk before the tournament, rather than be hounded about various rumors during the fortnight.
Fortunately for Myskina, she wasn't hammered with questions about the situation on Sunday, but did say it's been rough five months.

"It's been a pretty hard time," said Myskina, who will play Spain's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo on Monday. "But I'm a professional tennis player and I have to play no matter what. I'm going to try to do my best. It's my favorite tournament, So I really want to do great here."

Myskina's eyes welled up with tears a couple of times when discussing her state of affairs, but she did seem relieved that she no longer had to cover up her family's dire situation. She can now at least briefly focus on defending her title, hoping that her sore shoulder will hold up for two weeks.

She added that she's hoping to recoup the same high level of motivation that led her to last year's crown. "I hope I'm getting it back now," she said. "It was hard, but hopefully, it will change."

OMG...as a Justine fan, this is just unbelievable. Now it has become some sort of "real-time" and not stories from the past.

Could you please give a link, gl? And I am sorry, but what is "TP"? Interesting article, liked to post it on am.com, but need the link, please. :angel:

goldenlox
May 24th, 2005, 03:40 PM
It's TP.net. -- tennis--reporters. A Cronin article.

Spunky83
May 24th, 2005, 03:53 PM
It's TP.net. -- tennis--reporters. A Cronin article.

Tennisreporters is TP...interesting. Thank you, you know I love Cronin articles(most of the times)

deckham
May 24th, 2005, 04:14 PM
go back home to moscow nastya.... we all understand your lack of emotion and commitment and focus during this time.

your first priority right now is your mother. we can all tell that. we wish her and you the best and please try to find some piece of mind. you're fans are feeling your pain too.

love ya nastya! :drink:

cerbero
May 24th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Don't worry Nastya we'll be here when you get back. We'll wait as long as it takes... ;)

Daniel
May 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks GL fo rthe article

All my best wishes are with you Anastasia and your mother Galina :hug: :)

Anastasia be ther with your mom and be strong in this difficult situation .

_LuCaS_
May 24th, 2005, 06:09 PM
First of all thanks frenchie (got some pics?)

She will play Wimbledon and probably a preparation tourney unless somebody stops her and puts some sense into her little head.
I think I should play more matches, because that's when you really know what to do. :shrug:
About the break...it's not that easy. She is a pro tennis player, almost each day she has a certain schedule. It is difficult to "stay out" . We don't know details about the injury but seems ok. So that's not a motive.
Spend more time with her mother...if she indeed has cancer and from January, there are 2 main parameters...location and stage.
She's on chemoterapy now which could suggest a late stage :sad:. Usually you stay home and do your sessions at hospital. But this can only prolong your life a bit. A few months, sometimes a year. However attitude can strangely change this. Attitude may be one factor in some cases, but it's important that you know that you do not have to live up to some psychological or spiritual ideal to survive. You can be a depressed pessimist and still survive serious bad cancer An optimist who is in deep denial might not seek out the best treatment. There is no one single right personality for surviving cancer.
Anastasia's poor form definately cannot improve her mother's attitude. If she takes a break her mother may feel guilty (sad but true). And what will Anastasia do? Stay with her 24/7? Until the (possible) end?
A "solution" would be to play less, but play and start winning. Bring a smile on her mother's face. She obviously is not there on court. Losing to everyone. She must have a great bound with her mother. Will she win again if her mother is cured? What will happen if she won't?
Nastya :hug: :sobbing:

goldenlox
May 24th, 2005, 06:24 PM
That Anastasia entered both singles and doubles tells me that she doesn't feel sitting at her mom's bedside all day is the right thing to do.
Her mom doesn't want Anastasia to spend the rest of her career sitting in a hospital every day.

After her doubles match tomorrow, she can train near her mom, and see her hours a day.

Then, in a few weeks, she's going to come back.

_LuCaS_
May 24th, 2005, 06:32 PM
After her doubles match tomorrow, she can train near her mom, and see her hours a day.

Don't think she needs training. She has the shots, she needs to use them. Confidence. She beat Kim 6-1 in training. She lost to MSL in 1st round.
This is not normal. Play less so you can spend some time with your mother. But win matches. For her.

cerbero
May 24th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Earth to Lucas, earth to Lucas, Nastya is very fragile right now,and in her mental condition she can't play tennis, it's her mother for god sake...

goldenlox
May 24th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I don't know how advanced the cancer is. Or any of the specifics.
But Anastasia is still a top 10 tennis player.

I'm sure her mom wants her to play. Anastasia has worked too hard for too long to reach this level.

But Anastasia has to play without thinking about outside stuff.
That's what pro athletes do. They keep their focus, when they are competing.

_LuCaS_
May 24th, 2005, 06:42 PM
cerbero, you're a pro tennis player, your mom has cancer, she has 5 or 6 months to live. She needs a miracle. What do you do? You grieve near her? Or get yourself together and try and win a GS and dedicate it to her (which is the closest thing to a miracle)?
Life is hard. I see ppl with cancer almost every week. Most of them think there's no point in living anymore. You feel sorry for them. They envy you.