PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

deckham
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:29 PM
you have too many favorites niktos...... you're called a fairweather fan....

sinterklaasje
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I still can't believe it ! :banghead:
What is hapenning? Not even one good result so far this year
I hope she won't play FC, because it will be a disaster as well i'm afraid. I know she's on the team, but I think it would be better if she did't play.
Seems like this is going to be a very long and though season
:rain:

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:31 PM
The good part about this is that if she ever starts playing well, she's going to go into 2006 with nothing to defend for 4 months.

But right now, that's not an issue.
It was 4-4 in the third, so Anastasia was competing well. But she's not playing well enough in some of these losses.

deckham
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:34 PM
i actually think fed cup will be the time she changes her game around....
she always plays her best at fed cup... if she doesn't play well there then i don't know where she will...... :)

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:39 PM
i actually think fed cup will be the time she changes her game around....
she always plays her best at fed cup... if she doesn't play well there then i don't know where she will...... :)

YOU ARE BACK!!! OMG

..and yes, same thought here. Ever since there were signs of a slump, I thought that the FED CUP has to be the "Point of no return" and I seriously hope she will have some good wins and come back strong. Otherwise it really could become a nice year :sad:

JLDementieva
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I am so disappointed I don't even know what to say anymore :sad:

cerbero
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Read the more positive posts, and look ahead...

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:00 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/8586/rm/ibmfrench.download.akamai.com/8586/2004/interviews/20040605_int_myskina_en_hi.ram

The world still exists and it can only get better!

I just wished I had more to smile about :sad:

jmcfarla
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:12 PM
I think maybe Roland Garros 04 has given people the wrong impression about Nastya's clay court game. While it isn't bad (you don't win RG with a poor clay court game) it isn't the kind of game that is going to turn her season round. Although I know up until this point we Nastya fans have been grasping at that hope.

The only way she is going to do that is to waken up. :fiery: an off form Venus/Dechy are the highest ranked players (only players in the top 16) she has played this season and Nastya is still 8-8.:o

I agree maybe the Fed Cup could be the spur, but is Nastya loses and if it is left to Lena D to carry the team, you won't see Nastya playing in the next round. (if she loses her first match she may not get a shot at the reverse singles). :sad:

However, to be more positive maybe Nastya wins both her singles matches driven on by her massive patriotism; refinds her hunger and puts the first third of the season behind her. Ok she has RG to defend but there is definite room to improve at the other two slams and yeah the first few months of next season could we yeild some major points.

If you need encouragement think back 4 months to the player who finished 2004, she is still in there somewhere. Hopefully she come out to play soon.
:wavey:

angiee3
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:23 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

katiektc
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Cheer up guys!! It's not that important in the long run!
She's still having a better year than......er, Mashona Washington?
;)

Almalyk
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Anastasia :shout:

cerbero
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:28 PM
@ katie
I hadn't thought of that...I feel much more relieved after what you said... :lol: bless you...

angiee3
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:32 PM
I'm just a little sad.
But I have faith in her and I know she will star playing like before.soon.

martirogi
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:33 PM
well what can u say. myskina lost a tough match to a good opponent, she's just not in form right now. No reason to get mad. All we can do as fans is keep supporting her and wait for the season to turn around. Nastya still has many more wins left in her.

Almalyk
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:36 PM
well what can u say. myskina lost a tough match to a good opponent, she's just not in form right now. No reason to get mad. All we can do as fans is keep supporting her and wait for the season to turn around. Nastya still has many more wins left in her.

I'm trying to look ahead - many more wins and many more titles also. ;)

deckham
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:38 PM
YOU ARE BACK!!! OMG

..and yes, same thought here. Ever since there were signs of a slump, I thought that the FED CUP has to be the "Point of no return" and I seriously hope she will have some good wins and come back strong. Otherwise it really could become a nice year :sad:
hehehe... thanks spunky!!

i've missed you guys.... i haven't been able to be online at all until just a little while ago.... but trust me, i've been keeping up with nastya and i know she is not doing as well as she was last year around this time, but I'm here and still support her 110%.... she's still absolutely stunning, gorgeous, talented, and intelligent. How can we not like her even after all the heart attacks she's given us all and our raised blood pressure... :drink:

I actually miss the :drink: hahahahha

nastya it's ok, you're one of a kind
you battle with your heart as well as your mind
a slump is just normal, you can have eight to ten
then one day you'll wake up and play beautiful again

Go Nastya!!! :woohoo: :drink: :drink: :drink: :woohoo:

angiee3
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:39 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/8586/rm/ibmfrench.download.akamai.com/8586/2004/interviews/20040605_int_myskina_en_hi.ram

Can't hear anything.

deckham
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:42 PM

thanks for that spunky.... :hearts:

hmm.... so stunning.... :drink:

selyoink
Apr 13th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Deckham, I'm not a fairweather fan. Myskina is my favorite player. The other 3 are all top 5. Myskina will continue to be my favorite player. I just root for many players but I don't root for anyone over Myskina.

martirogi
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:58 AM
thanks for the most excellent vid spunkmama :yeah:

deckham
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Deckham, I'm not a fairweather fan. Myskina is my favorite player. The other 3 are all top 5. Myskina will continue to be my favorite player. I just root for many players but I don't root for anyone over Myskina.
yeah.. sorry about that... being a bit bitter there wasn't i.

have a :drink: on me....

we're one big nutty crazy nastya family in here.... it's like a big dysfunctional family! :) :drink: :drink:

Spunky83
Apr 14th, 2005, 11:13 AM
:lol: I guess Nastya officially got the name "Uber-Bitch" now thanks to her remarkable "Nicole has a good serve, thatīs all she got"-quote!!!

You amaze Nastya....if I had a hammer I would throw it directly on your head...mean, mean, mean...but well, typical weird Nastya. Get over it girl!

cerbero
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:29 PM
She should show her agressivity on court...

Spunky83
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:52 PM
She should show her agressivity on court...

Well she can be agressive on court...just ask Jens :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I want Anastasia to win, especially a match like this.
But in sports, once it's over, you can't go back and change the result.

All Anastasia can do is look ahead, and stay positive.
She has had slumps before.

deckham
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:41 PM
"Nicole has a good serve, thatīs all she got"-quote!!!

You amaze Nastya....if I had a hammer I would throw it directly on your head...mean, mean, mean...but well, typical weird Nastya. Get over it girl!
don't you guys think she didn't mean it the way she said..... not looking for excuses, but you know myskina confuses her tenses a lot when she speaks english.... "nicole has a good serve, that's all she had "

that's not even near as harsh. it's like any other player..... you admit you played like shit and she was surprised it even went to a 3rd set. well it went to a 3rd set for a reason obviously... if vaidisova was on her game then it would have been done in 2. so myskina was saying that the only thing going for vaidisova was her serve while nothing was going on for herself.... JUST for that match. she never demeaned vaidisova.... just sounded like she said how it is. is that so bad?

sinterklaasje
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I'm very disappointed 'cause she's telling shit like that. I think it's rather arrogant. I hope she didn't mean it that way. Well, obviously she's very frustrated the way things are going. I'm even more disappointed about het statements than about all her losses. :sad:
Just hope she'll find her good form soon so we can talk about her nice matches instead of her press conferences

C'mon Nastya, kick some a** in FC and show everybody why you've won FO :bounce:

Spunky83
Apr 14th, 2005, 06:00 PM
don't you guys think she didn't mean it the way she said..... not looking for excuses, but you know myskina confuses her tenses a lot when she speaks english.... "nicole has a good serve, that's all she had "

that's not even near as harsh. it's like any other player..... you admit you played like shit and she was surprised it even went to a 3rd set. well it went to a 3rd set for a reason obviously... if vaidisova was on her game then it would have been done in 2. so myskina was saying that the only thing going for vaidisova was her serve while nothing was going on for herself.... JUST for that match. she never demeaned vaidisova.... just sounded like she said how it is. is that so bad?

I just wrote a long long long post on GM in that "muahahaha...FINALLY we have something to make her look really bad...muhahahaha."-thread FREAKING FUCKING IDIOTS...sorry, bad day today.

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I don't really care about the post match comments.
Up until now, the AO was the only important event of 2005.
Now, we're heading towards Fed Cup, and RG.
It's time for Anastasia to compete for every point.
And be focused for every point.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 14th, 2005, 09:34 PM
whats going on with nastya, this has gone on for far too long :( :(

got to SNAP out of this quick.

c'mon Nastya :)

Daniel
Apr 15th, 2005, 03:53 AM
She was with flu and playing like crap. :sad: :sad:

Now come sFed Cup, it can be the turning point for the rest of the year. I hope so.

Go Nastya :hug: :)

Daniel
Apr 15th, 2005, 05:07 AM
:d

Epigone
Apr 15th, 2005, 10:28 AM
It seems as though Nastya has withdrawn from the Fed Cup tie against Italy, citing a shoulder injury as the reason :sad:

link (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=161590)

cerbero
Apr 15th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Very bad news... :sad:

Spunky83
Apr 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Good for her...she really needs to have a good rest and try to refocuse even if that means she wonīt play Berlin.

I am sad but also happy about it actually. Anyway, we still need an official (somehow anything russian is not considered offical;)) statement.

cerbero
Apr 15th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I'm sad cause i'm worrying about her and not Mother Russia that's for sure. ;)

Spunky83
Apr 15th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Letīs make a poll: "Whose shoulder will take longer to heal? Mine or Nastyaīs?"

Iīm nice and a too freaky fan and HOPE she wins that poll...oh damn it.

goldenlox
Apr 15th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I just hope she's healthy for RG.
That would be a shame if she can't play, or isn't near 100%.

selyoink
Apr 15th, 2005, 03:01 PM
That is too bad. Russia may have trouble advancing now. That is a pretty weak team all things considered. Why would they take Douchevina over Likhovtseva, Petrova, or even Linetskaya.

sinterklaasje
Apr 15th, 2005, 03:15 PM
:sad:
I'm really worried, 'cause her shoulder problem must be very serious. She just loves FC, so skipping the tie vs Italy is quite a tough decision for her

Hope she has a great rest and will be 100% for FO

martirogi
Apr 15th, 2005, 04:09 PM
o spunky i hope nastya plays berlin so u can see her, although it might be better if she takes some time off. such a tough decision :sad:

JLDementieva
Apr 15th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Nastya :sad:

Foot's Fingers
Apr 15th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Nastya will win some good tournament this year

Just trust, Myskina's fans

ys
Apr 15th, 2005, 10:58 PM
According to Tarpishev the official reason is a shoulder injury and Nastya is right now in New York having some treatments. She will not be hitting any balls for two weeks..

martirogi
Apr 16th, 2005, 01:25 AM
no hitting for two weeks :scared:

selyoink
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:47 AM
I hope Anastasia can make a full recovery. I think the time off may help her though. Maybe she will appreciate the game again.

Spunky83
Apr 16th, 2005, 10:19 AM
o spunky i hope nastya plays berlin so u can see her, although it might be better if she takes some time off. such a tough decision :sad:

well Iīd like to see her healthy, thatīs the most important thing. I can see her some other time and Iīve already seen her playing so itīs not that bad. Although Iīve gotta admit I would be pretty sad.

Hope she can make some recovery...but seriously: which doctor would let her play with that shoulder?!?

cerbero
Apr 16th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I wonder if it's possible that she had this problem for a long time even since last year and now got worse ?

Derek.
Apr 16th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I wonder if it's possible that she had this problem for a long time even since last year and now got worse ?

I think thats what happend. Nastya said it's been bothering her for a few years, but now its gotten much worse. :sad:

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:42 PM
It must have gotten worse. There's no way Anastasia would take off Fed Cup at the last moment.
She wants Russia to repeat as World Champions. And she wants to be a part of the team.

Spunky83
Apr 17th, 2005, 12:47 PM
She always had a bad shoulder condition. Last year she said in Indian Wells that she had a small tear in the rotator cuff, and normally those tears wonīt get better after a while, they can only get bigger. Tommy Haas didnīt listen to his doctors as well and played despite of that injury and after a few weeks he had a complete tear and we all know how long it took for him to make a come back and heīs still not at his best.

However, letīs see how it will work out for Nastya, maybe she can avoid surgery (which I seriously doubt).

cerbero
Apr 17th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Maybe that's why she was speaking about retiring last year...I feel sad cause at the time i criticised her for that...

martirogi
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:42 PM
sigh sounds like it will be a quiet time in the nastya forums for the next few weeks. hopefully if it is serious nastya will get the time off she needs and have a good comeback like the belgians. unfortunately if nastya has to have surgery she'll prob seriously consider retirement.

Almalyk
Apr 17th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Poor Anastasia - I hope her consultation is successful in NYC. I hope she works out what she should and shouldn't do with this shoulder problem. I hope she is playing again soon - and playing well.

Spunky83
Apr 17th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Oh oh...still no english article about the injury. It would be nice too read some stuff about it. So some of her russian fans need to inform us if anything new comes up :sad:

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Nice avs martirogi and spunky83 :tape:
Finally some rest. I hope she skips everything until RG. Maybe RG too. If this is what it takes to remain in tennis world, yes. I sadly think Nastya's problems are more than this shoulder injury.
Classic case of burnout some say. I tend to agree :sad:
Why? All the signs are here. Some tennis psychiatrist identified 3 major causes of burnout and the obvious solution is "take some rest"

1. Pressure to win
Whether you're struggling to reach #1 in the tennis world or just fighting to remain on your high school rugby team, too much pressure to win (from others or self-imposed) can be extremely frustrating when the results are not coming as fast as you expect. It's a vicious circle in that your ambition and drive to succeed actually causes your performance to decline. You eventually throw in the towel rather than patiently discovering the key to improvement.

2. Overworked and Lacking Fun
Whenever the fun of sport vanishes for an extended period of time, you're announcing your candidacy for burnout. You may become too serious or too intense about performing well and the whole point of the activity is lost. You spend all your time working on your sport and no time is left to live. Sport at any level should be fun, or performance will decline and burnout becomes more likely.

3. Poor Social Support
Poor social support is one of the most common sources of burnout in sport. This might mean poor relations with your coach or fellow players. If you are a coach, you may have lost the support of your team. Whatever the case, it is very difficult to remain upbeat and motivated in a climate of low perceived social support.

They sound familiar don't they? Except the 3rd one you'd be tempted to say. Maybe. However as martirogi said in his Miami report, Lena and Nastya don't seem so close anymore, we have no idea how things are going with Jens, or at home.
2004 was Myskina's year. Roland Garros, Fed Cup, Moscow and Athens are the highlights. Then the offseason came, analyses arose and with the new season starting Anastasia found herself in striking position to #1 spot.

December, 30th 2004
"Workaholic Myskina eyes top spot"
"SHE's had only 20 days off this year but Russian star Anastasia Myskina today pronounced herself ready to shoot for the World No.1 ranking.
Fresh from a practice session at the Hopman Cup which starts in Perth on Sunday, 23-year-old Myskina was already looking forward to a productive year ahead.
With her historic French Open victory in April, Myskina this year became Russia's first female Grand Slam winner and went on to crown a magnificent 2004 by leading her country to the Fed Cup team's title last month.
Now the world No.3 is ready to fight American Lindsay Davenport for the top spot on the international tennis rankings.
"My goal for the next year is to get to number one and if I can achieve that it will be great," Myskina said."
-motivation in place

December, 31 2004
Despite her success, which also included a historic Fed Cup win, Myskina said she had identified areas in her game where she could still improve.
"I have to improve a lot of things still," Myskina said. "My serve, my baseline groundstrokes, and we really work hard with my coach.
"Hopefully it is going to be a good year as well."

January, 3rd 2005
How do you approach, starting the new season after you have had a couple of weeks off? It was hard because it was only a couple of weeks. I hoped it would be a couple of months, but it was ok and I am really happy that I am in Perth and I am really enjoying my time here.
At this time of the year you are doing a lot off the court as well as your competitive matches. How do you balance it when you?ve got this event, a few more and then of course Melbourne coming up? I try to play more tennis. I don?t know why. I have to bring the confidence back.
-this was rather interesting and might give us a clue about her attitude, playing more and more-

January, 18th 2005
Q. There are four different reigning Grand Slam champions in the women's game. You're the one that carries the title 'World Champion'. Does that mean anything in terms of extra prestige or belief?
ANASTASIA: Well, I was really proud and honored to be a world champion. But I think right now I don't feel any pressure because I know how many good players here and how many favorites here. Really excited that nobody really know who's gonna win. So I think I just really happy to be here and try to do my best.
- :worship: that's the spirit, not for long though :sad:

January, 20th 2005
Q. How is your shoulder this week? Is it better than Sydney?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, it's getting better. I have my physio here with me so we're working on it. Hopefully it's gonna get better every day.
Q. Is it something which down the track you might need to take some time off?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: The shoulder been bothering me for already couple years, so it's nothing new really. I just have to work. I have to do some exercise. But it's gonna be fine.
- I don't know what to believe, and apparently she doesn't too. Or this shoulder getting critical right now is just a cover for something else?

January, 24th 2005
Dechy d Myskina
On the court, you couldn't focus on the match?
Yeah, it was really hard. I don't know why. Maybe because of the long match before me, because I was kind of afraid at 4?Love. I thought it was gonna be fast set. But then was completely different game. I never won a match on Rod Laver court. So maybe that's not my court. But just it's one of excuses..
Do you see that physically you are worn out a little bit because of the long last season, not having enough rest between them?
Well, I don't know. Maybe yes, maybe not. But definitely I'm not in the best shape right now. But still you can win the matches being in that shape. You just have to focus. Today, I couldn't really focus and concentrate during the whole match. I lost a lot of easy balls.
- first big loss, shape not a problem, yet, still she was outplayed from the beg to the end. And you can't lose your focus Nastya when you had none :(

February, 17th 2005
ANtwerp
My goal for this year is to get better and defend my French Open title and to win more. But then people expect you to win more so it's harder to handle the pressure. If I can handle the pressure and stay healthy all is going to be good
It's also harder to become No.1 because I am at No.6 now but I want to play good every week and play my best every week. You know, when you work hard everything is getting better, so I have to work harder. I do believe I can become No.1 but right now my real goal is to stay healthy and play my best on court.
- pressure back again, still positive attitude though

March,5th 2005
After the loss to Schnyder in Dubai she complained about the short offseason break and that she is not a robot and not always able to show up 100% on court.
- nobody can perform at 100% everytime and still top players handle easy matches with ease. First signs of frustration
March, 26th 2005
"The difference being a Grand Slam champion is more pressure and people really expect you to win every Grand Slam now, but you're a human being and you have your bad and good days, that's how it's kind of changed."
"But I know the beginning of the year wasn't good for me. But it's, you know, I gave a lot of energy last year and I did a lot of things last year. So kind of excuse, but I still need to work hard to, you know, to find my game again."
- excuses settle to short offseason but still positive attitude

April, 7th 2005
Myskina defeats Peer
"I played really well that first set, but then I got a little bored,'' Myskina said. I was thinking, when is this match going to finish."
-she always analyses her game during post match interviews, she rarely reffers to the opponent, which is good. Boredom? Jens are you taking notes?

April, 15th 2005
Vaidisova d. Myskina
Myskina was disgusted with her performance. "With this bad game I had today, it still went to a third set and I think that's pretty amazing," she said. "We had no rallies, it was just me making all the mistakes. She served pretty well but that's all she's got.
"I want to play my best every tournament but it's not really happening right now. Deep inside I'm really upset but I'm really looking forward to the next weeks and hopefully it's going to change."
- yes Anastasia it's pretty amazing that you pushed this match to a 3rd set :o . No excuses this time. Still positive attitude but slight change from "I HAVE to bring the confidence back to I HOPE I will" . Still planning to play more and more and hope this will end.

Thank God she decided to have a break. That of course if it was her decision. I don't think so and these "personal problems" Dementieva is reffering to could hide something else and not a shoulder problem.
I wonder if her parents will have a word on this? We know parents tend to protect their child and that could translate here in her retirement from tennis and a normal life back home in Moscow. It is obviously what her boyfriend would say, what every boyfriend would say. So it only leaves her to decide whatever she wants to continue in tennis. Despite her "mental weakness" I think she has a strong will. But will is not enough nowadays. It's tough making the top, you need help.

" - What character trait helps you in the game and what one prevents?
- One and the same persistence. I will always fight to the end with
all my might. Even if the match is absolutely lost. And in fact
somewhere it is possible to relax, give a match, to not spend strength.
But I cannot so."
summer 2003

cerbero
Apr 18th, 2005, 11:00 AM
There's too much speculation going on, better wait and see what happens :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Apr 18th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Wow...Lucas turned tennis into science;)

Letīs wait and see, I guess like Cebero said, itīs the only thing we can do right now.

martirogi
Apr 18th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Nice avs martirogi and spunky83 :tape:

haven't u heard the cool new thing is to abandon nastya and pretend u never liked her to begin with. unless she starts doing good again in which case u pretend like you always loved her. cmon lucas you should know these things. ur avatar def needs to go. its really horrible, people will think u like myskina.

cerbero
Apr 18th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I tried but can't forget her... :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 18th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Maybe some time off will help her.
Anastasia can play very high level tennis.
I think she'll do it again.

Spunky83
Apr 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I am a very very very patient fan...you guys should know that and I never said I liked either Justine or Nastya better;)

Anyway...no news on her condition?!?

martirogi
Apr 18th, 2005, 04:51 PM
if u guys miss nastya go to a-m.com and read her interview from sopot with marat. i was really bored yesterday and wasting time and came across it. i loved it, so myskina. she seemed really confident and it fit. she should read it to cheer herself up and remind her of the right mindset. go read it now.

cerbero
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I am a very very very patient fan...you guys should know that and I never said I liked either Justine or Nastya better;)

Anyway...no news on her condition?!?

Plzzzzzzzzzz Spunky i beg of you,tell us who's your nš 1 fave... can't wait :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Plzzzzzzzzzz Spunky i beg of you,tell us who's your nš 1 fave... can't wait :lol:

Maria Sharapova rulez!!! :worship:

cerbero
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:30 PM
OK i don't insist, this must be a very delicate matter for you...Sharapova :haha: you almost fooled me... ;)

martirogi
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I never said I liked either Justine or Nastya better;)

your signature says justine myskina, if myskina was ur fav, her name would be first :ras: ;)

:armed:

Spunky83
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:21 PM
your signature says justine myskina, if myskina was ur fav, her name would be first :ras: ;)

Actually in class, airplanes, busses I always like to sit in the middle...it remains a mystery :p

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:38 PM
There's too much speculation going on, better wait and see what happens :rolleyes:
No need to roll your eyes, this is a forum, we're fans, we speculate all the time, altough I organised my post more like a review of this season stating some facts. Because something is happening and I'm not happy just to wait and see. This wait might never end.

goldenlox
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I organised my post more like a review of this season stating some facts. Because something is happening and I'm not happy just to wait and see. This wait might never end.That was some post :zzz:

I need Cliff Notes for it :D

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I'm glad you finally decided not to hide your true feelings anymore. I already revealed them anyway :devil:

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:44 PM
I need Cliff Notes for it :D
I have no idea what you're talking about

goldenlox
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Cliff Notes would give a short summary of your post, so I know what the major themes of your post are.

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Oh yes, you mentioned those before in your thread related to some books, long pages ones, do excuse my ignorance :angel:
I don't plan anymore long "speculations" in the near future though.

Spunky83
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Cliff Notes are the best...well, not better than a certain Maria S., but yeah...

cerbero
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:13 PM
No need to roll your eyes, this is a forum, we're fans, we speculate all the time, altough I organised my post more like a review of this season stating some facts. Because something is happening and I'm not happy just to wait and see. This wait might never end.

I think i started the speculation in a post i wrote but never tought it'd go so far...

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM
You don't have to read all the crap I post.

martirogi
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Cliff Notes are the best...well, not better than a certain Maria S., but yeah...

:lol:

can we change this to a masha thread. i'll start. i'm so happy that our fav gets all the attention she deserves. she's obviously the best so she should be the one tennis person to do advertising. everyone is just ugly and disabled compared to her. she is walking perfection. :tape:

so anywayz... this waiting for news reminds me of when hingis had to go to the doctor and then after a while they said she needed surgery and would be out for months. :sad:

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:52 PM
:lol:

so anywayz... this waiting for news reminds me of when hingis had to go to the doctor and then after a while they said she needed surgery and would be out for months. :sad:
I don't think it's the case here. She can have a normal life without surgery, regarding tennis, it's her call one way or the other.

Almalyk
Apr 19th, 2005, 02:39 AM
I think Anastasia will want to recover and play tennis again. She has a lot of potential still. It would be a sensible decision to take some time off and return - even if that means missing RG. Her ranking is not that important. Her health and her shoulder are. She has proven many times that she can beat big names when she is healthy.

_LuCaS_
Apr 19th, 2005, 07:12 AM
:hug: almalyk, keep up the positive thoughts :yeah:

Spunky83
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Sheīs going to practice next week and will play Berlin and Rome...

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/index1.php?id=575

Phewwww....;) Hope itīs not too early though.

_LuCaS_
Apr 19th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Finally some news, thanks dear :yeah:
We decided it was better not to take any more risks because we have Roland Garros coming up," Gerlach told Reuters.
This is weird. Skipping Fed Cup and playing 2 tier 1 is very safe :smash:
So this shoulder problem isn't that critical. She played only 3 matches in 2 weeks and her shoulder caused her problems? Don't think so.
Will one week of rest do the trick? :shrug:
Let's hope Spunky will get to see more than a match of Nastya :unsure:

martirogi
Apr 19th, 2005, 02:24 PM
hmm this is good news, but i dont kno... it seems like nothing has changed so she'll keep playing badly. hope im proved wrong. :D

selyoink
Apr 19th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I find it odd that the wta official site under its Fed Cup preview has no knowledge of Myskina pulling out. It mentions that Golovin was a last minute scratch for France but no mention of Myskina pulling out for Russia.

martirogi
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:13 PM
someone has to post in this thread at least once a day to sustain nastya's tennis soul. if not it dies.

_LuCaS_
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Then I should keep my diary in here ;)

martirogi
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:29 PM
do it. thad be fun. :bounce: ur new avatar is :hearts:

_LuCaS_
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:03 PM
It's from a Cosmopolitan photosession, early exits in tourneys provides some extra free time

martirogi
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:43 PM
i didnt really like the big version, but this one is most excellent

Almalyk
Apr 21st, 2005, 01:42 AM
Nastya is playing in Stockholm!!! See GM! Wow a Tier 4!

sPAWrty
Apr 21st, 2005, 02:42 AM
Hi guys :wavey:

Just to entertain you - there's a scan of one article from russian Cosmo - I found it in the first post here (http://www.wtatour.ru/index.php?showtopic=51&st=220&p=92761&#entry92761).
Thanks to the russian fans of Nastya :worship:

The article is in russian - sorry no time to translate :(

_LuCaS_
Apr 21st, 2005, 09:22 PM
Russia's big problem is that reigning Roland Garros champion Myskina ? who was last year's Fed Cup heroine ? just pulled out of the Fed Cup with a shoulder injury. Dementieva also said Myskina is having personal problems.
"She's having a tough time," Dementieva said. "She's not as focused on her tennis now. But she can come back and play well whenever she wants."

Maybe there's more here we don't know...

Daniel
Apr 21st, 2005, 10:27 PM
64Russia's big problem is that reigning Roland Garros champion Myskina ? who was last year's Fed Cup heroine ? just pulled out of the Fed Cup with a shoulder injury. Dementieva also said Myskina is having personal problems.
"She's having a tough time," Dementieva said. "She's not as focused on her tennis now. But she can come back and play well whenever she wants."

Maybe there's more here we don't know...

maybe she wants more tim ewith bf or got bored of tennis :sad: :sad:

goldenlox
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Nastya is playing in Stockholm!!! See GM! Wow a Tier 4!This means an appearance fee.
That's part of tennis. The top players get paid to show up.

_LuCaS_
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:38 PM
This means an appearance fee.
That's part of tennis. The top players get paid to show up.
Don't think it's the fee, I think she plans skipping US hardcourt and play in Europe- Stockholm and Sopot.
But I hope she will play USOpen.

martirogi
Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:12 PM
i think she might have signed a contract to play sopot for x amount of years. thats what federer did and now he has to play that tourney after wimbly in switz every year. im sure shes getting lots of money to do it. but who knows its just a crazy hypothesis.

_LuCaS_
Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:20 PM
It's not that crazy, things like this could happen, don't think it's the case here, because Olga would have known.

Spunky83
Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
Cash in the appearance fee...smile for a few pics, take a walk in the city, shop and party and take first match...I want to become a tennis pro;)!!!

Just kidding...

_LuCaS_
Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:54 AM
Cash in the appearance fee...smile for a few pics, take a walk in the city, shop and party and take first match...I want to become a tennis pro;)!!!

Just kidding...
I'll remember this when you'll ask me to coach you

Spunky83
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:11 PM
...ups...tank the first match...not take the first...;)

martirogi
Apr 24th, 2005, 02:59 AM
a-m. com is so great :worship: whenever i'm bored or upset i go down my favorites list to find something to entertain me. when i get to a-m there's always a crazy surprise waiting. :banana: :banana: :banana: one time it was french open highlights, just now it's nastya singing. omg it was the best most exciting thing EVER. :music: :singer: myskina i want to sing with you sometime. :hearts: :inlove:

of course then i saw the olympic vid, when nastya started to cry i screamed out nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! i just wanted to :hug: my poor baby.

_LuCaS_
Apr 24th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Russia beat Italy, next in the SF are US. They need a "full-throttle" Anastasia for that.

martirogi
Apr 25th, 2005, 03:55 PM
just saving nastya's tennis soul for the day :angel:

_LuCaS_
Apr 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I got a back muscle strain from today's soccer match :fiery:
I can't turn my head around and it's very annoying...should go away in 2 days or so :tennis:
Tennis is much safe :angel:

goldenlox
Apr 25th, 2005, 05:41 PM
When Anastasia plays next, it's on red clay.
It's time to start winning matches. RG is coming.
It's not too late to have a great 2005.

martirogi
Apr 25th, 2005, 06:22 PM
lucas now u know a pain like nastya has to go through. u must suffer for ur fav. :devil:

winning the next 3 slams will make everyone forget about the beginning of the year

_LuCaS_
Apr 25th, 2005, 07:51 PM
lucas now u know a pain like nastya has to go through. u must suffer for ur fav. :devil:

Trust me I do :banghead:
I've recorded some of her matches this year....and I sometime watch them, of course all of them are losses :sad: (the Doha 2nd set against Martinez is heartbreaking...)
I'd give a mental pain for 3 physical ones.

winning the next 3 slams will make everyone forget about the beginning of the year
Watch out with too much :drink: :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2005, 11:15 PM

I wouldnīt necessarily say that...but I hope you can move properly soon;)

Actually when my brother heard that Nastya has shoulder problems too, he said:"Hey cool...you two developed sympathy pain!" :lol: ...idiot

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Trust me I do :banghead:
I've recorded some of her matches this year....and I sometime watch them, of course all of them are losses :sad: (the Doha 2nd set against Martinez is heartbreaking...)
I'd give a mental pain for 3 physical ones.

Watch out with too much :drink: :lol:

Kudos to you for staying here actually. You will love Nastya even more when you finally get to see her playing her game (you know the real game!)...which certainly will be visible soon;)

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I have no doubt ;)
martirogi I see you finally got to your senses :hearts:
I want Berlin, I am bored to death in this Easter holiday :tennis:

martirogi
Apr 26th, 2005, 05:56 PM
when i changed back to nastya i thought wow it felt very unnatural to have someone else for an avatar :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Why donīt I have holidays?!? ;)

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 07:43 PM
You have to deserve it :angel:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM
You have to deserve it :angel:

Well...ok, we already had eastern holidays and I will just "take time off" myself;). Always good to be a student.

miffedmax
Apr 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I got a back muscle strain from today's soccer match :fiery:
I can't turn my head around and it's very annoying...should go away in 2 days or so :tennis:

Yeah, but soccer is still #1 for me. Tennis is #2.

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I like playing soccer more (probably because I am pretty good at it), tennis is just for fun (because I suck).
But soccer is the king of sports :worship:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:05 PM

I always thought soccer is more like a women sport in the US...

cerbero
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Only in America women are the strong sex... :devil:

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Right :haha: :haha: :haha:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 10:18 PM

No...thatīs why they say soccer is a female sport, cause the real "soccer", football whatever, is actually football (american football)

cerbero
Apr 26th, 2005, 10:41 PM
No...thatīs why they say soccer is a female sport, cause the real "soccer", football whatever, is actually football (american football)

Women know nothing about sports... :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Women know nothing about sports... :lol:

However, it isnīt my opinion (as I grew up with football - the real one, meaning soccer - ), but football is what counts in the US and they donīt take soccer so seriously. Why the hell donīt I know anything about sports?

As a fan of a female player, itīs quite offensive to write this, donīt you think so? Even if itīs meant as a joke.

I am in a too bad mood right now. I guess I should just leave the board for a while;)

cerbero
Apr 26th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Cheer up, i'm just having fun don't take it to seriously...

martirogi
Apr 27th, 2005, 12:04 AM
ive never heard soccer called girls sport. true a lot of guys play american football, but an equal amount of girls and guys play soccer. volleyball is the sport womenlies play during "football" season. becasue u all care so much u needed this long explanation. :tape: :wavey:

Daniel
Apr 27th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Dont leave Spunky :kiss: :hug:

_LuCaS_
Apr 27th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Less than a month until Roland Garros :banana: :D
Anastasia I want you on TV in the second week :hug:

goldenlox
Apr 27th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I think if Anastasia doesn't do well at RG, she can still make the semis of Wimbledon or the U.S. Open.
You never know when she'll catch fire.
But with Anastasia's court coverage, I think the FO is her best chance to win a second major.

_LuCaS_
Apr 27th, 2005, 05:09 PM
THere is a small chance (I hope not) that she won't be playing UsOpen. SHe's skipping US hardcourt season to play in Europe. She doesn't like US very much. But like Spunky said she still has many fans from the States.

goldenlox
Apr 27th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Anastasia just played in the U.S.
She doesn't hate it that much.

_LuCaS_
Apr 27th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I didn't say she hates US, I think she wants to spend more time in Europe, close to Moscow. And this poor start in 2005 is one of the reasons. She did well in Antwerp, the only European tourney she played in 2005. Altough she has lots of points to defend in US (San Diego and Toronto) important it's that she enjoys her tennis, again.

goldenlox
Apr 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM
important it's that she enjoys her tennis, again.That's the most important thing.
Win or lose, you want to enjoy your career.
Everyone has ups and downs.
Anastasia won a major, and was Russian #1 for the last 3 years, she should enjoy herself.

martirogi
Apr 27th, 2005, 08:13 PM
she wont play the us open :confused: r u high? what profesional has ever voluntarily said i dont feel like playing a major.

in other news i had a dream, actually i might have been reality i dont remember that nastya would defend paris. so i think she will. :dance:

_LuCaS_
Apr 27th, 2005, 08:23 PM
r u high?

Today, no.
she wont play the us open :confused:

Last year if she had won Olympics no, this year she has a crazy schedule before UsOPen. I would be dissapointed if she won't play, but not surprised.

what profesional has ever voluntarily said i dont feel like playing a major.

I'm sure there have been.

~|Naomi|~
Apr 28th, 2005, 02:37 AM
what profesional has ever voluntarily said i dont feel like playing a major.

I think quite a few used to skip the Australian Open, not sure though.

She did well in Antwerp, the only European tourney she played in 2005.

I'm not surprised by that though, it was indoors, indoors is where she is best, she has a slam on clay but indoors is still her best surface I think.

Last year if she had won Olympics no, this year she has a crazy schedule before UsOPen. I would be dissapointed if she won't play, but not surprised.

I don't think she will skip it unless she is injured, but I agree she has an intersting schedule before the US Open. Sopot is the same week as San Diego this year, please don't say Nastya is skipping San Diego to play Sopot? But I think she might as she will be in Stockholm the week after.

sinterklaasje
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I hope she won't skip US tourneys 'cause she's got many points to defend
But that's not an issue right now, she first needs to get her game back on track. Only a few weeks till RG .... But I'm sure she can do it :bounce:
Nastya - RG champion 2004-2005 :banana:
That would be great :woohoo:

Spunky83
Apr 28th, 2005, 09:15 PM
The tour needs an indoor slam;)...I know itīs impossible, but still

selyoink
Apr 28th, 2005, 10:51 PM
I also can't see her skipping the US. As for her ranking I could care less. I just want her to have good results in the tournaments she plays. I would prefer to see her play the US hard court season since I could possibly get to watch some of her matches.

_LuCaS_
Apr 29th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Tomorrow we find out the MD.
Hope shines again.

Almalyk
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Good luck Anastasia! Am looking forward to a good run of form!

TiK-Tee
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Go Nastya

wish U have a good draw

_LuCaS_
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:02 PM
wish U have a good draw
Guess what? Your wish came true, now it's only up to Nastya :unsure:

Sharapova
Grönefeld - Linetskaya
Jidkova - Vento
Peng - Sugiyama

Hénin - Benesova
Zuluaga - Kirilenko
Qualifier - Sucha
Zvonareva

Kuznetsova
Maleeva - Douchevina
Qualifier - Martínez
Dulko - Hantuchova

Clijsters - Qualifier
Safina - Ivanovic
Qualifier - Medina
Schnyder

Bovina
Qualifier - Daniilidou
Shaughnessy - Qualifier
Randriantefy - Déchy

Jankovic - Qualifier
Barna - Pennetta
Chladkova - Schruff
Myskina

Petrova
Marrero - Koukalova
Chakvetadze - Pierce
Klösel - Likhovtseva

Sprem - Razzano
Craybas - Qualifier
Smashnova - Kostanic
Mauresmo

goldenlox
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:07 PM
The draw could not be better. But I want this in Paris.

_LuCaS_
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:24 PM
One thing at a time :)
A good run here (sf at least) and maybe no Rome

Spunky83
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Cool...Nastya could run into two germans till the third round...people are so going to kick my ass when I root for Nastya :lol:

Itīs a dream draw for her, it couldnīt have been better and yet I am not sure if it has any meaning

martirogi
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:49 PM
if she could be momo and then get revenge over sharapova it'd be..... u fill in the blank there are no words to really describe the heavenness

daniela86
Apr 30th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I hope Nastya will take advantadge of this great draw :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: and that step by step she will regain a decent form for RG!Chladkova-Schruff are really do-able and flavia pennetta lost to savchuk at Estoril so she isn't in a good shape either. As far as Jankovic is concerned, she is as unpredictable as Nastya so nobody can't tell how she will play. UDACHI nASTYA! Kick everybody's ass plz :bowdown: :bowdown:

cerbero
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:00 PM
It's been ages since i saw her play in Doha i think...

Spunky83
Apr 30th, 2005, 07:57 PM
It's been ages since i saw her play in Doha i think...

Yep, but with all the withdrawals and eurosport starting to broadcast on tuesday already, we might have a great chance to watch her 2nd round match as sheīs probably playing a German...although I doubt Julia can past Denisa "my hair-cut rocks" Chladkova;)

cerbero
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:44 PM
@Spunky
Great news but probably ES will broadcast only one game per day and i am afraid they'll show Sharapova... :fiery: Many people wonīt mind this :rolleyes: Bad taste...

Spunky83
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM
@Spunky
Great news but probably ES will broadcast only one game per day and i am afraid they'll show Sharapova... :fiery: Many people wonīt mind this :rolleyes: Bad taste...

Oh non, ce nīest pas vrai!...altough maybe Sharapova needs four hours for her match which she eventually loses!!! :eek:

Tuesday
03. Mai
12.00 - 16.30 Uhr live

Wednesday
04. Mai
12.00 - 18.00 Uhr live

Thursday
05. Mai
12.00 - 15.00 Uhr live

Friday 06. Mai
12.00 - 18.00 Uhr live

Saturday 07. Mai
13.00 - 16.00 Uhr live

Sunday 08. Mai 09.00 - 10.00 Uhr
14.00 - 15.30 Uhr live

cerbero
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:42 PM
@Spunky
With a longer coverage the chances of watching her increase but it's better not to have great expectations...

Spunky83
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:44 PM
@Spunky
With a longer coverage the chances of watching her increase but it's better not to have great expectations...

Donīt be so negative;)...although you know, this time itīs really Eurosportīs choice which matches to cover...well she has to earn coverage-time by winning matches.

cerbero
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:58 PM
@Spunky
I'm being realistic that's all, if you're up they consider you viewable material if you're down they don't...

_LuCaS_
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:01 PM
It's always entertaining seeing a seed falling early :o

cerbero
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:07 PM
:lol: Specially if you're a fan of that seed... :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:19 PM
:lol: Specially if you're a fan of that seed... :lol:

Now thatīs an interesting view :lol:

cerbero
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Yes i always have a ball when Myskina looses( black humour)...

_LuCaS_
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Very funny indeed :banghead: hilarious :bigcry:

Almalyk
May 1st, 2005, 09:26 AM
I really like the draw. A mentally and physically prepared Nastya should go far in Berlin, much further than previous years.

:Rawwb:
May 1st, 2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah Anastasia's draw is good, she avoided the top half where they are all crammed in like sardines. Although I wish Flavia wasnt there :sad:

daniela86
May 1st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Don't worry guys, i think that Nastya will surprise us and reach the QFs so we'll see her on tv :) :) but i agree that Eurosport like showing Maria (me have bad tastes so i don't mind seeing her matchs :lol: ) or Amélie and not Nastya :( :( :( :( :mad:

Here is the doubles draw btw:

(1) Petrova/Shaugnessy BYE
Bovina/Dechy vs. (WC) Henke/Kloesel
Q vs. Marrero/Talaja
(7) Dulko/Vento-Kabchi vs. Chladkova/G. Navratilova

(3) Likhovtseva/Zvonareva BYE
(WC) Klaschka/Roesch vs. Müller/Wöhr
Kirilenko/McShea vs. Kostanic/Peng
(6) Medina Garrigues/Safina vs. Callens/Tu

(5) Hantuchova/Sugiyama vs. Rittner/Peschke
Daniilidou/Sfar vs. Jidkova/Perebiynis
Fedak/Osterloh vs. (WC) Ivanovic/Myskina:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
(4) Husarova/Martinez BYE

(8) Benesova/Krizan vs. Craybas/Russell
Dekmeijere/Miyagi vs. Dragomir-Ilie/Schnder
Grönefeld/Schruff vs. Pennetta/Pierce
(2) Black/Huber BYE

Nastya doesn't play with Vera but with Ana Ivanovic :eek: I like both and i hope this new combination will work! :D Good luck Anci/Nastya! Ana is very motivated and hungry of wins + she is very confident, hope Nastya will copy her mentality! :D :D

Spunky83
May 1st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Has anyone see the doubles draw?!?

First look at my signature and then I tell you: Nastya is playing with Ana Ivanovic!

Ana and Ana...cute :lol: They received a WC...omg, thatīs too cool, although I doubt those two will be a good team as they probably have to face martinez/husarova in the second round, but anyway;)

Spunky83
May 1st, 2005, 02:48 PM
Daniele86...youīre fast!

:Rawwb:
May 1st, 2005, 02:50 PM
Ohhhh mayeb a possible bust up between Vera and Anastasia? I hope so i wante her to stay away from that headcase

Spunky83
May 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Ana I., please show Ana M. how to play with enthusiasm and fun again;)

daniela86
May 1st, 2005, 03:03 PM
Daniele86...youīre fast!
:lol: :D

Ohhhh mayeb a possible bust up between Vera and Anastasia? I hope so i wante her to stay away from that headcase

That's not nice :sad: :sad: Vera is :cool: and the Nastya/Vera team had very good results this year (SF at Oz Open&Miami) even if both players were not at their best in single.
I think they were very good friends,they knew each other's game and they enjoyed playing doubles together so their combination worked. Now with their slumps they may need someone in confidence to boost and motivate them so that's why they decided to play separatly here.:confused: Nevertheless, i think Vera and Nastya will play at RG together, it would be a pity to stop their partnership because they have a chance to qualify for YEC.:)

Spunky83
May 1st, 2005, 03:14 PM
I think they were very good friends,they knew each other's game and they enjoyed playing doubles together so their combination worked. Now with their slumps they may need someone in confidence to boost and motivate them so that's why they decided to play separatly here.:confused: Nevertheless, i think Vera and Nastya will play at RG together, it would be a pity to stop their partnership because they have a chance to qualify for YEC.:)

Maybe Nastya just arrived late ( :zzz: ) for the registration, so Vera started to cry which made Elena L. feeling sorry for her, so she promised Vera she would play with her.

When Nastya finally arrived (a minute before the deadline), she saw that her good friends both betrayed her so she turned around and screamed at Ana: "Hey kid, you trashed Vera last week, right? So you have a doubles partner yet?"

Ana, standing their in amazement looks down at her teddybear and answers in a very quiet way:"But I didnīt want to play doubles at all..." Nastya stared at her with her magic eyes and Ana gave in...

Thatīs the true story! :eek:

martirogi
May 1st, 2005, 04:03 PM
spunky i love that story. :inlove:

i'm so excited about the doubles partner :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :drool:

JLDementieva
May 1st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Good Luck Nastya!! :bounce:

selyoink
May 1st, 2005, 05:11 PM
I really hope Nastya can finally put together a decent tournament. Jankovic is a very tough opponent and Nastya will need to play well to beat her. I want Nastya to finally hold her seeding. If she does that I will be content.

goldenlox
May 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Bovina
Qualifier - Daniilidou
Shaughnessy - Qualifier
Randriantefy - Déchy

Jankovic - Qualifier
Barna - Pennetta
Chladkova - Schruff
Myskina

Petrova
Marrero - Koukalova
Chakvetadze - Pierce
Klösel - Likhovtseva

Sprem - Razzano
Craybas - Qualifier
Smashnova - Kostanic
MauresmoHopefully Anastasia is healthy, and stays healthy.
This draw should give her a chance to play a lot this week.

_LuCaS_
May 1st, 2005, 07:13 PM
OK Nastya doubles with Ana, hm interesting (yay for Spunky, btw I want pics, lots of pics with both :hearts: :drool: :kiss: )
A change is needed from time to time, hope it's nothing between Bepa and Nastya. There've won Kremlin together so they're good, when they play.
But from all the other girls Ana is perfect choice. An agressive and a defensive player playing doubles, on clay. Should be fun, lol.

Maybe Nastya just arrived late ( :zzz: ) for the registration, so Vera started to cry which made Elena L. feeling sorry for her, so she promised Vera she would play with her.

When Nastya finally arrived (a minute before the deadline), she saw that her good friends both betrayed her so she turned around and screamed at Ana: "Hey kid, you trashed Vera last week, right? So you have a doubles partner yet?"

Ana, standing their in amazement looks down at her teddybear and answers in a very quiet way:"But I didnīt want to play doubles at all..." Nastya stared at her with her magic eyes and Ana gave in...

Thatīs the true story! :eek:

:haha: :haha: :haha: Brilliant! OMG :lol:

I look forward to a good week, but we'll see...

Foot's Fingers
May 1st, 2005, 07:29 PM
Spunky 83 is a happy that both favourites will play doubles together

So interesting story, especially imagine if Ai or Janette or Conchi wants to play with Lena L as well

But honestly i'm a bit worring why vera and nastya have decied to diverse

goldenlox
May 1st, 2005, 07:36 PM
Both Anastasia and Vera have been slumping in singles and doubles.
Trying something different makes sense.
This is Anastasia's first red clay tournament this year.
Maybe that will bring back some good memories.

Spunky83
May 1st, 2005, 08:42 PM
Shoot...the Anas are already playing tomorrow their first match so basically it means tuesday/wednesday second round against last yearīs runner up Martinez/Husarova...damn and I wanted to see them playing doubles!

However...play well in singles, girls!!!

cerbero
May 1st, 2005, 10:05 PM
At what time is the doubles game tomorrow ?

_LuCaS_
May 1st, 2005, 10:17 PM
At what time is the doubles game tomorrow ?
According to Spunky's calculations around 1:44 PM(cet) ;)
actually is 2nd match after session starts at 12 cet

cerbero
May 1st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Found it probably canīt follow :(,thx anyway Lucas...

_LuCaS_
May 1st, 2005, 10:25 PM
Found it probably canīt follow :(,thx anyway Lucas...
give your heart a rest ;)

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2005, 03:50 AM
Nastya has a great draw. It will be interesting to follow her doubles result too. Although I hope she plays with Vera again at RG.

Daniel
May 2nd, 2005, 04:09 AM
Good draw, now she just needs to win matches :clap2:

Go Nastya, :worship:

daniela86
May 2nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Good piece of news: Anax2 defeated Fedak/Osterloh 4/6 6/2 6/1! yeah! :woohoo: :worship: :worship: :worship: :kiss: :aparty: congrats and keep on rulling! :) :) :D They will face Husarova/Martinez in next round: it will be a big test! :) Good luck! :rocker: :rocker:

Spunky83: lmao :haha: :rolls: :rolls: :lol: :haha: @ your story! :D

sinterklaasje
May 2nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
:woohoo:

congrats to both Ana's :bounce:

Spunky83
May 2nd, 2005, 02:15 PM
And the story continues:

In the lockerroom...

Nastya: "See kiddo! We have won."
Ana: "Yes, Nastya...Iīve got to tell that my mummy, daddy and brother that Iīve won a doubles match with the French Open winner!"

Ana searches her bag but canīt find her mobile

Ana: "Nastya, have you seen my mobile? I had it when we went on court, now itīs gone...I wanna call my mummy!"
Nastya:"Well...I dunno...have you checked your other pockets yet?...Well, anyway, Iīve gotta go now, cause the longer I take here, the longer Jens has time to make conversations with some women out there. See ya tomorrow kiddo!"

As Nastya walks out, her bag accidently slips down her shoulder and a buch of different mobiles fall out...

Ana: "Hey! You have my mobile! I recognize the pink one with the Brad Pitt-sticker on the back!"
Nastya:"Ok, kiddo, donīt freak out. I must have accidently mixed it up with my other mobiles."
Ana: "Nastya, this is not funny, Iīve spent ages collecting the latest MTV-ringtones! Why are you doing this to me?!?"
Nastya:"I am sorry, ok? Itīs just that...you know whenever I see a mobile, I have to own it, I am a mobile-cleptomaniac. Why do you think Vera left me? Now that she doesnīt earn enough money, she said she couldntīt afford playing with me anymore."
Ana: "Oh, thatīs bad. Is this also the reason why youīve played with Ai once and never again?"
Nastya(with a dreamy expression):"OMG...she always had the latest mobiles, you wouldnīt believe, only asians have better mobiles than me!"
Ana:"Well...just give me my mobile back and I wonīt tell anyone. I guess I will have leave mine at my hotel room from now on."
Nastya: "Sooo...I suggest we talk about the tactics in your room tomorrow! Bye!"

Nastya quickly runs out and you can hear her outside, screaming Jensī name loudly

Ana: "Damn, that girl is weird!"

To be continued... :o

------------------

Martinez and Husarova are a very good doubles team, seen the semis between them and Nastya/Vera last year, I think it went three sets...well maybe Nastya still knows how to play that team and win it, but I doubt it...anyway, good debut!

goldenlox
May 2nd, 2005, 02:34 PM
To me, Anastasia's singles are much more important than her doubles.
But a win is good. Now we need some singles wins.

Spunky83
May 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
To me, Anastasia's singles are much more important than her doubles.
But a win is good. Now we need some singles wins.

Of course it is but I guess itīs also good for some motivation when you at least feel the winning-feeling again a bit even if itīs only a doubles match played in front of 20 persons...and that constellation is just too cool.

cerbero
May 2nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
I feel nervous already, she must be also...

martirogi
May 2nd, 2005, 03:33 PM
i thinking winning doubles with ai last fall helped nastya get confidence back from olympics and bad losses after that. the next week she started playing good again. so doubles can be very important for nastya. :D and she has the coolest team ever now. :aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

_LuCaS_
May 2nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Congrats to ANA 2.0 :banana: :yeah: A good win for their first match together. Damn I want some pics so badly :hearts:
But this is just warm-up for the singles. That's what matters.
@ Spunky LOL Now I recognize you, some dark humour there...you got some talent :kiss:

Spunky83
May 2nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
Congrats to ANA 2.0 :banana: :yeah: A good win for their first match together. Damn I want some pics so badly :hearts:
But this is just warm-up for the singles. That's what matters.
@ Spunky LOL Now I recognize you, some dark humour there...you got some talent :kiss:

I want pics too!!! And yes, you totally got it :D

cerbero
May 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM
Pics, where, where ?

cerbero
May 2nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
She doesnīt play tomorrow :fiery:

cerbero
May 2nd, 2005, 11:12 PM
Let's vote for Myskina in GM's Poll for best legs...

martirogi
May 2nd, 2005, 11:40 PM
i already voted for sharapova :scared: :tape: :smash:

sorry but the pic of her was really hot and myskina's was not so much

JLDementieva
May 3rd, 2005, 12:47 AM
I already voted for Nastya :drool: :p

Almalyk
May 3rd, 2005, 08:02 AM
I voted for Nastya's legs too- so hot! And I am gay. Even better than Juan carlos Fererros!

_LuCaS_
May 3rd, 2005, 08:56 AM
i already voted for sharapova :scared: :tape: :smash:

sorry but the pic of her was really hot and myskina's was not so much
Now that's lame :smash:

martirogi
May 3rd, 2005, 03:45 PM
nastya is not on the early commitment list for san diego :tape:

she could still enter later.... lets hope

sopot here we come :drive: :armed:

the cat
May 3rd, 2005, 03:51 PM
I voted for Myskina for best legs because I am fair and really believe that. :D Nastya has the best balanced legs and body on the WTA Tour. :drool: My second choice would have Dementieva who has the best strong legs on the WTA Tour and my third choice would have been Little Masha over Big Masha because Little Masha's legs are like Myskina's legs and have great balance too. :) ;) And Kirielnko like Myskina floats around the court like a Bolshoi Ballerina! :D :cool: :sport:

cerbero
May 3rd, 2005, 04:38 PM
@ The Cat
Congrats for your post you read my mind...it's important to distinguish slim legs from strong legs, they can be equally beautiful and are hardly comparable...

_LuCaS_
May 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Pisica blanda zgarie rau :cat:

_LuCaS_
May 3rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
ok, tomorrow,

Steffi Graf Stadion
12h
Kuznetsova - Maleeva
Schruff - Myskina
Smashnova - Mauresmo
ALG - Sharapova

Schruff is #107, should not be a problem :fiery:
Eurosport will broadcast the match :yeah:

TBA
Ivanovic/Myskina - Husarova/Martinez
Benesova/Krizan - Craybas/Russell
Likhovtseva/Zvonareva - Müller/Woehr

Ivanovic is out of the singles :sad:
Good luck girls :hearts:

cerbero
May 3rd, 2005, 11:24 PM
I wonīt be able to watch her live, hope my VCR works... :D

selyoink
May 4th, 2005, 02:50 AM
If Myskina loses tomorrow then I don't know how I would react. I would probably want her to retire.

JLDementieva
May 4th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Let's go Nastya! please do well at this tournament!!!

Almalyk
May 4th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Good luck vs Julia! Should be a routine match - let's hope!

sinterklaasje
May 4th, 2005, 09:25 AM
good luck :banana:
I can't wait to see you in the final :bounce:

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Julia Schruff defeated Nastya 6-2 1-6 6-4 :help:

lovlenad
May 4th, 2005, 12:39 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

where is my nastya?

Foot's Fingers
May 4th, 2005, 12:40 PM
no words

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 12:42 PM
:o :o :o
#107 !!!

~|Naomi|~
May 4th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Nastya!

martirogi
May 4th, 2005, 12:44 PM
:yawn: so what esle is new

if no one mentions it, it's not really true :fiery:

sinterklaasje
May 4th, 2005, 12:48 PM
:mad: :sad: :smash: :help: :awww: :banghead: :rain:

:crying2:

Nastya's sister
May 4th, 2005, 12:49 PM
This whole year has now gone from bad to worse! I mean I really, really love Nastya but now I don't know what to say.

The first set was just a BIG disaster and it looked like she didn't enjoy playing at all. Second set was an improvement but then she let it all slip away in the third...
I don't even dare thinking about what will happen at Roland Garros!

Dementinator
May 4th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Captain Dementinator here from the SS Dementieva..

Well what is going on ,I was sure after the First set than Nastya was gonna turn it around and win easily!!

Well I am afraid I have nothing really to say ,this is probably her worst loss this year ,but dont despair to much ,things can only get better maybe she will suprise everyone at RG again and go deep!! I really wanna battle between the Gunboat Myskina and the SS Dementieva in the final again!!!

Well I will get the tow rope out again and throw you a line , damage does not look to bad from here ,stay positive!!

TheBoiledEgg
May 4th, 2005, 12:51 PM
omg Nastya :sobbing:

this is getting ..................... :help:

she's been in worse than this and turned it around, i'm sure she can do the same again.

Spunky83
May 4th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Well...what can I say? What can I possibly say?

I dunno, I am speechless....I feel "slightly" depressed somehow....EVERYWHERE BUT NOT HERE AND NOT TODAY!!! Oh man...itīs my motherīs birthday today, so I think I should keep smiling, no matter what. As hard as it is.

Anyway...does anyone know where I can send fanmail to Rome? ;)...just out of curiosity...

FUCK

sinterklaasje
May 4th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I feel so bad for you Spunky

I was really lucky in Antwerpen. She nearly lost to Golovin (I was getting a heart attack while watching the live scores!!), but fortunately she made it and I saw het match vs Srebotnik live and she won!!

But that was the only tourney where she performed relatively well
this year, I don't know, it's just a disaster

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Spunky enjoy the rest of the day with you mum...

PS: I am so sorry, maybe alive in doubles until tomorrow

cerbero
May 4th, 2005, 02:22 PM
She was shaking like the broadcast even i could beat that little german.. :devil: :lol:

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM
An amazing slump for a player who was #3 at the end of last year.
I just hope Anastasia is healthy. And keeps a positive attitude.
Sveta has started to play better. I'm sure Anastasia will find her form also.

the cat
May 4th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Very true Cerbero.

You're welcome Lucas. I'm assuming you thanked me for voting for Anastasia in the best legs poll. :hearts: But I'm not sure what you said. :confused: ;)

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Nastya and Ana are playing now....last news on them I got (3-1, 1st set) the livescore sucks.

You assumed wrong, cat.

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Anastasia and Vera are both in huge slumps.
But tennis is their career. When your career isn't going well, you don't give up.
You try harder. Maybe strategize more. But never give up.

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 03:45 PM
She doesn't think. Playing and playing, hoping something will change is :tape:
You take a rest, you consider a new coach, you play a lower tier tourney.
She must be feeling really mad now. I would hide somewhere and punish myself in some way for achieving a defeat like today's.
Jens do something, help her in some way, damn it. Or you're afraid she might sack you?

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Anastasia could play a Tier IV, and still draw a tougher first round opponent than Julia.

Spunky83
May 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM
They are playing doubles already? Danm...and I was hoping for the rain to save me;)...it has been raining all day here in my town and it seems like Berlin is kinda lucky. Howīs the score? I donīt have Java on this freaking old computer at my parentsī house and it takes like an hour to download it...

Anyway, here are my fave statements by Nastya:

"I lost the match rather than her winning it," said Myskina, who admitted that Roland Garros looming was an additional pressure.

"A little bit I feel the pressure, and right now it's going to be tough for me. But there's Rome still to go and hopefully I will be ready," she said.

"I don't enjoy being out there at the moment and I don't like to lose," said the 23-year-old Muscovite.

"I had to make a commitment of playing 13 to 15 tournaments and that's why I'm out there. I don't really know (if I am playing too much) you should talk to my coach."

Just do it like Justine, Nastya...donīt play the tourney, pay the fine and bitch about the WTA...oh and itīs pretty obvious that she doesnīt have much fun on the courts, she doesnīt even have to say it out loud.

cerbero
May 4th, 2005, 03:56 PM
At least we've seen a bit of the great NASTYA in the 2nd set...that gives me some hope...

JLDementieva
May 4th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I'm so disappointed, i don't know what so say.... :sad:

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Anastasia could play a Tier IV, and still draw a tougher first round opponent than Julia.
I wish I could laugh...because it's funny

They lost the doubles as well. Nice tank in the 2nd set.
So she will play Rome? Great. Let's see if the Italians can come with a lower WC and draw it to Nastya in order to boost her ranking.

sinterklaasje
May 4th, 2005, 04:07 PM
'I lost the match rather than her winning it'
seems to be her favourite statements these days

She should win those matches, even when she's playing awfully. Justine is also playing far under her capacities, still she's winning titles!! Losing to a player ranked +100 is just ... :bolt:

I'm trying to stay positive and to be an optimiste, but this is damn difficult this year!!!
Well, at least she won't have to defend many points next year ;)

Spunky83
May 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Well---dīANAs, nice try (or not), however...omg...I really hope Justine comes trough (at least one, please), otherwise it will be a nice trip the next days.

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I've been saying this in Vera's thread - this happens. The difference between winning and losing is small.
Anastasia has to enjoy herself on the court. Enjoy the competition. Compete for every point.
Players go through slumps. It's important to enjoy competing. Trying to win.

Spunky83
May 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
'I lost the match rather than her winning it'
seems to be her favourite statements these days

She should win those matches, even when she's playing awfully. Justine is also playing far under her capacities, still she's winning titles!! Losing to a player ranked +100 is just ... :bolt:

I'm trying to stay positive and to be an optimiste, but this is damn difficult this year!!!
Well, at least she won't have to defend many points next year ;)

Exactly! This is the point cause we have seen in the second set that sheīs able to play her game,no matter what. Top players win matches although they play bad...It shows clearly, itīs a mental exhaustion rather than a physical one. She needs to find the fun-part again, which she lost somehow.

Well, slumps are normal in tennis, I just hope it wonīt take too long. It isnīt funny to see her not playing tennis (being there physically doesnīt count).

cerbero
May 4th, 2005, 04:20 PM
She is a moody player...and she's in a pretty bad one right now...That can be pretty nerveracking as can be seen in the posts above...

TheBoiledEgg
May 4th, 2005, 05:36 PM
This is nothing compared to what Nastya was going thru back in 2001 after wrist surgery when she couldnt win a match for ages, (took her until Birmingham to win back to back matches- that was painful to watch too :sad:, when she finally won that match, you could just see the relief, a new life)

if she can come thru that when she wasnt even the same player as she is now, and she was really gonna give up, then she can do the same now as well.

Nastya's a strong character, now she needs a win, a good win, people expect more.

cerbero
May 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Lets keep supporting her, she needs it...

daniela86
May 4th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I don't know what to say exept that I'm really very very sad for Nastya :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: The only positive point is that she took a set and didn't lose as badly as Vera Zvonareva yesterday :sad: :sad:
Nevertheless, i like Nastya more than ever now :hug: :hug: and i will always support her :hug: :hug: I think she'll have more and more fans coz of this slump, everybody miss seeing a happy Nastya and her A game :hug: :sad:

selyoink
May 4th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I got up for classes this morning and quickly checked to see the score of Nastya's match only to see she had already lost. You have no idea how mad I was.

There is absolutely no excuse for a player ranked 6 in the world to lose to some one 101 spots lower in the rankings. Even on her worst day Nastya should beat Schruff on her best day.

I never could have imagined her losing today. She needs to stop playing tennis for a while. Otherwise she will never have a good result. If she plays Roland Garros she will lose in the 1st round. Last year was her only good result on clay before. I knew clay would not solve her problems this year.

She needs a break from tennis and probably a new coach.

This has been a pathetic season.

BUBI
May 4th, 2005, 09:11 PM
:smash: Nastya was really pathetic today.

cerbero
May 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM
:smash: Nastya was really pathetic today.
I'd like to see you there...don't call others what you are...get it ?

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 09:38 PM
cerbero maybe you should have picked only Lena as your fav, less sorrow

cerbero
May 4th, 2005, 10:06 PM
@Lucas
I don't take it as hard as you do, if you think a little bit more you'll see that being Lena's fan may be tougher. You are being blinded by what is happening in 2005. Remember RG and KC finals.

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 10:22 PM
What's to think here? I can only mourn :sad:

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 10:23 PM
You are being blinded by what is happening in 2005. Remember RG and KC finals.
I never saw those.

the cat
May 4th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Well what did you say about me Lucas? :confused: :p

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Well what did you say about me Lucas? :confused: :p
Curiosity killed the cat