PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

martirogi
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:16 PM
Tax/Kostanic d. Myskina/Sugiyama 64 67 61 :sad:

well at least she can focus more on singles now

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:15 AM
Bad doubles result - but I want her to concentrate on singles too. It is stupid to have long three set doubles matches against the likes of Bovina and Sharapova when you are trying to defend your title.

Derek.
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:03 AM
Go Nastya!! :D

peanuts
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:03 AM
this is nastya/ai only second tournament since winning in bali.
ai hasn't been playing well lately so i'm not going to look too
much on this lost. if anything it will make her concentrate on
the singles and she has a title to defend not to mention ranking
points. this tournament has a tough draw, so nastya needs all
her focus on singles. ;)

Daniel
Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:48 AM
Good luck vs Martinez :D

Lady
Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Here are the videos from Nastya/Venus match!

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/654069/Nasty...1_2-5.mpeg.html (http://rapidshare.de/files-en/654069/Nastya-Venus_set1_2-5.mpeg.html)
http://rapidshare.de/files-en/654067/Nasty...3-3_a.mpeg.html (http://rapidshare.de/files-en/654067/Nastya-Venus_set2_3-3_a.mpeg.html)
http://rapidshare.de/files-en/654047/Nasty...3-3_b.mpeg.html (http://rapidshare.de/files-en/654047/Nastya-Venus_set2_3-3_b.mpeg.html)
http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3TMYFOC...UM2AJ5GCFX8LCQ0 (http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3TMYFOCFDX1UM2AJ5GCFX8LCQ0)
http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3B8H9LV...L83EOPUOHA3RDL8 (http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3B8H9LV6JXDL83EOPUOHA3RDL8)
http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=166GFB3...TM153AUK6Q0GMYO (http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=166GFB320MFTM153AUK6Q0GMYO)
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=26B98XT...W82ZY788Z7C3NXS (http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=26B98XTXK77W82ZY788Z7C3NXS)
http://rapidshare.de/files/664939/Nastya-V...3_3-4.mpeg.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/664939/Nastya-Venus_set3_3-4.mpeg.html)

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
I'm surprised by that doubles result. But this tournament is about trying to threepeat.
That's very, very difficult to do.
So, one match at a time.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:00 PM
Anastasia lost the first set, 4-6. This will be a difficult match to win.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:17 PM
Anastasia is down 4-6, 1-4. She has not started this year well.
It's only February. But I don't want her to lose her first match when she won this title 2 straight years.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Anastasia back to 4-4 in the second. Still a long way to go.

Epigone
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Conchita won 6-4 7-5 :crying2:

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:49 PM
Anastasia won 4 straight games to go up 5-4, then lost the last 3.
This has not been a good start to 2005.
But it's still February.
Now she is out of Doha.

_LuCaS_
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Nastya....

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:22 PM
Anastasia is a streaky player. I keep going back to red clay.
Anastasia won one match after IW, and before RG.
And she had only won one match at RG in her whole career, until last year.
Then she won the French Open.

martirogi
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:44 PM
this is unbelievable. its now officially a slump, but the thing is there's no real reason to have it. A fresh start to a new year, you'd think nastya would be all ready to go. Instead this shit. She needs to either play through it or take some weeks off to decide what the hell is going on.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
That's 4 tournaments, without a good win.
Now she has Dubai. Then she takes off 2 weeks before Miami.
I don't think she'll change that schedule.

It's always been like this. Streaky.

Spunky83
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:49 PM
I´d skip Dubai...search for a nice place in the forest and live in a house made off 100% wood for two weeks and think about what the hell is going wrong right now...

well, something like that

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
I would skip Dubai, and play Indian Wells.
But I don't think she's going to do that.

Spunky83
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
...and get a new coach?

katiektc
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:19 PM
...and get a new coach?

Spunky...:sad: we can't get rid of cutie J!

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
Indian Wells will be missing a lot of top 10 players.
You can make a case that Dubai's field will be tougher.
And IW is 4 times the money, and much more points.

I'm used to this.
Anastasia can lose to Anna C. at the US Open, then round 1 at Tier III Bali, and win Moscow.
Anything can happen in any week.

vaiva
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:24 PM
It was really painful to watch. Where did her timing go? Where is her fire, curses and emotions? Where is Nastya? As if some aliens kidnapped her and replaced with this stone-faced creature :sad:

This slump is horrible. Losing to Venus and then to Moonball Grandma who probably beat a combined of 0 top players in this century must really hurt.

saab95
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Wonder Nastya wasn't fighter today.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Anastasia has 282 points to defend in Doha, then 210 at IW.
Almost 500 points.
So she's going to be far from the top 4.

Spunky83
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Spunky...:sad: we can't get rid of cutie J!

"Sometimes you have to do something, which you don´t want to do" :angel: ...that´s Spunkyism, remember that ;)

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Nastya! Did anyone see this match? I'm so disappointed!

_LuCaS_
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
She fought a lot in the 2nd set...some really amazing winners. But Martinez got lucky a few times (beside the fact she had like 2 winners in 5 games ). THe pressure was so high, you could tell just by looking at her face, gestures. Martinez had nothing to lose, Nastya had everything.
I guess Nastya is indeed a streaky player, tough job being one of her fan.
Not much to say anymore. Good luck in her next tourney, and the next one, and so on. What a shitty day. :sad:

jmcfarla
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
:sad: It was painful to watch, she seemed to get her tactics all wrong, or got thrown off them to easily. At times she was trying to hit winners way to early in points, in fact her whole game seemed totally rushed. Martinez had nothing to really hurt her. And she must have known that going in. She had to move her feet, to deal with all the spins, and pick the right shots to go for winners. And she didn't do enough of either.

But Nastya had one of those games where she got frustrated (partly due to martinez slow play and holding her up on her serve) and decided to hit her way out of it. (which usually means she hits more balls straight into the net)

I hate it when Nastya gets angry, cause she stops using one of her best on court assets, her brain.

On the bright side (and I know that it is hard to find when you lose in straight sets to a player you should easily beat) she was at least showing signs of the real Nastya. Some of her shot making was very good. Which is a great deal more than we saw in either of her other to shock loses during this 'slump'.

And remember when the Myskina roller coaster gets to it's lowest point (and let's hope losing in her first match at one of her favorite tournements is it) there is only one way to go. :)

Spunky83
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Yep, the winners were super cool...and yes, Conchita really didn´t have any winners, but she never made an error, that was scary!

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
There's nothing Anastasia can do, but try to forget it, and move on.
This her is fourth tournament, and second without a win.
There's still 20 or so tournaments left this year.

KV
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
Disappointing loss to C. Martinez.

Vass22
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
Nastya! grrrr... I wonder how long she'll stay in Doha before comming here...
A couple of women players are already in Dubai.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:33 PM
Is Sveta in Dubai? You can tell us what's going on.

Dementinator
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Captian Dementinator here calling from the Bridge of SS Dementieva ,currently docked in Fortaleza Brazil...

Well ,here we are again...what to say ,dissapointing ,but not the end of all civilisation as we know it!!

Hell ,do I know what this feels like!! Nastya and Lena can be the most streaky players out there sometimes ,capable of great wins and silly losses all in a few weeks.
Lets not panic as GL says plenty more tournies to come and remember LEnas bad loss to Bovina in New Haven last year? All the crew of the SS in Dispair?? Some posters saying why does Lena not retire as to get beaten 6-1 6-1 is a disgrace .....then....BAM!! shes in her second GS final 2 weeks later the only woman to do that in 2004 and I truly believe that had Lena not got an injury that title was hers ,so , my point... It can only get better!!!

Nastya needs to take stock and see whats going wrong ,her prob to me is that she does not have huge weapons to pull her outa the crap when things are going wrong ,Lena has a HUGE forehand that can help when shes serving 23 dfs a game ..
Myskina plays a fantastic game of tennis ,very clever and some amazing choice of shots but when thats not working ,no big serve ,no HUGE forehand so its hard for her..

She will be back ,mark my words all players suffer from this soetimes ,hell its not boring being a Nastya or Lena fan is it???

So Gunboat Myskina start your engines and get to Dubai ,forget this ,next week is a different tourny!!

Paco
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
Captian Dementinator here calling from the Bridge of SS Dementieva ,currently docked in Fortaleza Brazil...

Well ,here we are again...what to say ,dissapointing ,but not the end of all civilisation as we know it!!

Hell ,do I know what this feels like!! Nastya and Lena can be the most streaky players out there sometimes ,capable of great wins and silly losses all in a few weeks.
Lets not panic as GL says plenty more tournies to come and remember LEnas bad loss to Bovina in New Haven last year? All the crew of the SS in Dispair?? Some posters saying why does Lena not retire as to get beaten 6-1 6-1 is a disgrace .....then....BAM!! shes in her second GS final 2 weeks later the only woman to do that in 2004 and I truly believe that had Lena not got an injury that title was hers ,so , my point... It can only get better!!!

Nastya needs to take stock and see whats going wrong ,her prob to me is that she does not have huge weapons to pull her outa the crap when things are going wrong ,Lena has a HUGE forehand that can help when shes serving 23 dfs a game ..
Myskina plays a fantastic game of tennis ,very clever and some amazing choice of shots but when thats not working ,no big serve ,no HUGE forehand so its hard for her..

She will be back ,mark my words all players suffer from this soetimes ,hell its not boring being a Nastya or Lena fan is it???

So Gunboat Myskina start your engines and get to Dubai ,forget this ,next week is a different tourny!!

What can I say more captain?

selyoink
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:25 PM
What a disappointing loss. Nastya is not looking good so far this year.

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Where is Nastyafan? Hibernating after this loss?

Natasc
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Where is Nastyafan? Hibernating after this loss?
hahahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking!!

Maybe is better someone call for his mum, just to check if is everything ok :tape:

Nastyafan? Are you there? Dont let us worry?

katiektc
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Nastyafan has left a post in the other forum...

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Nastyafan has left a post in the other forum...

Where? Poor Nastya, but I think he is almost as emotionally involved as she is! :fiery:

Natasc
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
Where? Poor Nastya, but I think he is almost as emotionally involved as she is! :fiery:
Good question, where?

Kat....it wasnt a suicide post right?!

katiektc
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:50 PM
Of sorts.........!! He is gonna stop posting here for a while :o

It's somewhere in the other forum, he made a thread. im not sure where.

_LuCaS_
Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:05 PM
Good question, where?

Kat....it wasnt a suicide post right?!
:rolleyes: :lol: :tape:
He probably sleeps right now, don't worry.

_LuCaS_
Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:08 PM
UNlike me :banghead:

Spunky83
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:12 AM
I thought Nfan got banned? He´ll be back for sure.

Daniel
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Nastya, my god :o :sad: losing to Conchitron, :fiery:

what diod she say after the match?

Spunky83
Feb 24th, 2005, 01:15 PM
You may want to read the two latest news-articles on anastasia-myskina.com ;)

Mathijs
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:07 PM
It's a pity that Nastya lost ag. Martinez yesterday :(, i really wanted to see Nastya defending her title in Doha :sad:

goldenlox
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:33 PM
It's tough to be a top 5 player on the tour.
Anastasia is a streaky player. She's not going to have great results every tournament.
All she can do is try her best.
And I'm sure she's going to do that.

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
I think that Nastya can be no 1.

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 10:36 PM
You think too much Paco ;)

Vass22
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I think I saw Nastya yesterday. Didn't see her practicve though or anything. It was a very busy day for me.
I'll try to sniff around a more today and maybe talk to her. I have no idea what about though. Any ideas from you guys?

_LuCaS_
Feb 25th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I have no idea what about though. Any ideas from you guys?
I have some :fiery: ...but I'm worried about your safety. How much are you willing to risk? :lol:

Spunky83
Feb 25th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, someting like "NASTYAAAA!!! ARGHHHHH!!! JUST WIN YOU IDIOT!!!"...you know, just a bit nicer maybe;)...at least she has more time to prepare for dubai than for Doha and Dubai´s balls, lol.

goldenlox
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I think I saw Nastya yesterday. Didn't see her practicve though or anything. It was a very busy day for me.
I'll try to sniff around a more today and maybe talk to her. I have no idea what about though. Any ideas from you guys?Not only Nastya.
Talk to Sveta, or Lena B., or Lena L.
Ask them if they are healthy.
Let us know if they are in the newspapers, put stuff in their cheering threads.

goldenlox
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Anastasia's record in 2005 is 4-4.
We're almost in March now. Anastasia has plenty of time to pull things together.
But so far, 2005 has not been successful, in any way.

Emptiness
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Oi. Just oi.

I thought Nfan got banned? He´ll be back for sure.Wah? Why? Did he go crazy?

Spunky83
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Oi. Just oi.

Wah? Why? Did he go crazy?

He posted a thread in Nastya´s forum about that.

Vass22
Feb 25th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I saw Nastya today.
Her practice was awful awful. Of course she was practicing during rain on somethat wet courts, but she shouldn't have been that bad (Ai Sugiyama was much better, practicing on the next court). She could not hit powerful shots. That was sad to watch. Her practice serve was bad too. I do not know what is going on with her.
I had a major opportunity to talk to her after the practice, but all I did ws ask her to sign a photograph of us together that I took last year. I would have asked her what's up with her game, but it would be uncomfortable for her: what can she say?

I was convinced that she's just a great person one more time though.

_LuCaS_
Feb 25th, 2005, 11:36 PM
I saw Nastya today.
Her practice was awful awful. Of course she was practicing during rain on somethat wet courts, but she shouldn't have been that bad (Ai Sugiyama was much better, practicing on the next court). She could not hit powerful shots. That was sad to watch. Her practice serve was bad too. I do not know what is going on with her.
I had a major opportunity to talk to her after the practice, but all I did ws ask her to sign a photograph of us together that I took last year. I would have asked her what's up with her game, but it would be uncomfortable for her: what can she say?

I was convinced that she's just a great person one more time though.
:sad: She must still be affected by the early exit. She must understand that this is another tourney(a quite powerful one too) and try not to waste it.
What was her attitude? Was she mad/sad? Pissed on her poor game? What about Jens?

Emptiness
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I'm sure we all hope Anastasia drags herself out of this slump soon.... she due for an high right about now.

I was convinced that she's just a great person one more time though.:) ... Atleast we can count on that.

He posted a thread in Nastya´s forum about that.Thanks Spunky. I'm stupid i should of checked there first. :rolleyes:

Daniel
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Anastasia, hope mu bounce back in Dubai, at least win a match there :clap2:

_LuCaS_
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Anastasia, hope mu bounce back in Dubai, at least win a match there :clap2:
One lousy match at least, yeah. Desperate times :sad:

Greenout
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:59 AM
One lousy match at least, yeah. Desperate times :sad:

She's too great a player not to let a few minor loses bother her.
Believe me...by the end of the 2005 season, this DOHA not
defending title will not even be remembered!

Stay positive- it was Conchita. Veterans like Conchita or
even Amy Frazier or Maggie are not total push overs.

Me? I would be more pissed if she lost to Kirilenko or Dinara
or a newbie. Nastya is suppose to own these little Russian
juniors..

Paco
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:07 PM
She's too great a player not to let a few minor loses bother her.
Believe me...by the end of the 2005 season, this DOHA not
defending title will not even be remembered!

Stay positive- it was Conchita. Veterans like Conchita or
even Amy Frazier or Maggie are not total push overs.

Me? I would be more pissed if she lost to Kirilenko or Dinara
or a newbie. Nastya is suppose to own these little Russian
juniors..

Yeah, she is very good and I think that it will be good year.

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Anastasia has only won 5 matches in her last 3 majors. None against a seed.
She is 4-4 this year.
But that's history now.
What matters is that Anastasia is healthy and enjoys her tennis.
The wins will come.

Spunky83
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Anastasia has only won 5 matches in her last 3 majors. None against a seed.
She is 4-4 this year.
But that's history now.
What matters is that Anastasia is healthy and enjoys her tennis.
The wins will come.

At least she has the chance to bring in some serious points in the majors...if she sucks at the FO.

On the other side, it will be nice to bring in some serious points COMBINED with a good FO run.

Yep, healthy is great, but I think the biggest problem right now is that Nastya seems to have lost focuse and fun. I really hope she will have the chance to play Fed Cup matches to motivate her.

Let´s be honest, with her current form, there´s a chance she will sit on the bench cheering for Sharapova during the coming tie...isn´t it ironic that she made a joke about the possibilty she wouldn´t be picked for FC at all just a few months ago?

katiektc
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:57 PM
At least she has the chance to bring in some serious points in the majors...if she sucks at the FO.

On the other side, it will be nice to bring in some serious points COMBINED with a good FO run.

Yep, healthy is great, but I think the biggest problem right now is that Nastya seems to have lost focuse and fun. I really hope she will have the chance to play Fed Cup matches to motivate her.

Let´s be honest, with her current form, there´s a chance she will sit on the bench cheering for Sharapova during the coming tie...isn´t it ironic that she made a joke about the possibilty she wouldn´t be picked for FC at all just a few months ago?

that IS ironic......! :cool:
its almost as ironic as having 10,000 spoons, when all u need is a knife. or meeting the man of your dreams, and then meeting his beautiful wife.
;)

Don't worry kids, its just a slump, everyone gets them.
Nastya/Lena d/Sveta have all had a pretty quiet 2005 so far, so Fed Cup picks aren't definate.

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Sveta has played 2 tournaments, and lost to Maria and Lindsay.
Lena got injured.
Anastasia has had the worst start to 2005 by any of the top Russians.
But stuff happens.
She has to stay positive, and try her best.
After her IW points come off, there's very little to defend before RG.
Anastasia can stay #5, and Russian #2, with good results.

jmcfarla
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Sveta has played 2 tournaments, and lost to Maria and Lindsay.
Lena got injured.
Anastasia has had the worst start to 2005 by any of the top Russians.
But stuff happens.
She has to stay positive, and try her best.
After her IW points come off, there's very little to defend before RG.
Anastasia can stay #5, and Russian #2, with good results.

:wavey:
I think the biggest problem for Nastya is that unlike the other Russians she had so much to defend so early. It means that Maria winning a few tournaments, Svetlana making the QF & even Lena the 4th Round at the Aussie Open, meant they were all earning points, and moving forward.

Unfortunately Nastya's poor form :sad: has coinsided with the most difficult part of her year, in terms of defending points (obviously the FO & KC apart) so her bad results (and there has been too many) have really hurt.

I think she will pick up, and it will be latter in the year when the other Russians are having to defend points that the real pressure will be on them, when Nastya has got some tournaments where she won't have much to lose and won't feel the same pressure that she might get some more joy. :)

Although I would like to see her pick up a title before the French. Here's hoping.

Also, I think she might get a Fed Cup pick based purely on past reputation for the 1st Round. She might even be picked to partner Vera Z in the doubles behind Maria & Svetlana.

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:42 PM
The draw is out for Dubai. Anastasia is the #3 seed, with a bye.
Then Dulko or a qualie. Good draw to win a couple of matches.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 26th, 2005, 08:40 PM
time for Nastya to show up for once
be angry, very angry and get back to her usual self

come on Nastya, time to wake out of this slump.

_LuCaS_
Feb 26th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Lindsay Davenport (1) vs. BYE
Anabel Medina Garrigues vs. Qualifier (Q)
Shinobu Asagoe vs. Conchita Martinez (WC)
Qualifier (Q) vs. Nathalie Dechy (7)

Anastasia Myskina (3) vs. BYE
Gisela Dulko vs. Qualifier (Q)
Qualifier (Q) vs. Ai Sugiyama
Magdalena Maleeva vs. Patty Schnyder (8 )

Good draw ....for a good Nastya :)
I hope it's Davenport in the SF (if Nastya makes it through the quarter) ;)

Almalyk
Feb 26th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Good luck Nastya! Go deep in this draw, find some confidence!

Spunky83
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:30 PM
that IS ironic......! :cool:
its almost as ironic as having 10,000 spoons, when all u need is a knife. or meeting the man of your dreams, and then meeting his beautiful wife.
;)

Don't worry kids, its just a slump, everyone gets them.
Nastya/Lena d/Sveta have all had a pretty quiet 2005 so far, so Fed Cup picks aren't definate.

My fave song from my fave album of all time...give it up for Alanis!!!

Please don´t let Ivanovic get into her quarter :angel:

Should be an ok draw for her...two months ago, I would have said...perfect draw!

Vass22
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:29 PM
For the second day in a row Nastya practiced on a closed court. Is she shy or what? :)
Everyone practices on the bigger courts which atleast can be seen by fans...

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Anastasia has a good draw. This tournament should get her rolling in 2005.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Anastasia is playing doubles with Ai. They play the #1 seeds, Suarez/RP.

_LuCaS_
Feb 27th, 2005, 08:15 PM
For the second day in a row Nastya practiced on a closed court. Is she shy or what? :)
Everyone practices on the bigger courts which atleast can be seen by fans...
:angel: doesn't matter, she must focus and avoid an early exit.

Almalyk
Feb 28th, 2005, 12:19 AM
I think Anastasia has a decent draw for this tournament. I hope she can take advantage of this and avenge a disappointing start to 2005. I know her year will pick up, the sooner the better though.

goldenlox
Feb 28th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Anastasia is going to be fine. I'm used to this.
The big results will come.

_LuCaS_
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM
She plays doubles with Ai tomorrow...good luck

goldenlox
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Then she plays the winner of Bartoli-Dulko on Wednesday.

katiektc
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM
She plays doubles with Ai tomorrow...good luck

Do you think she will give Ai back to Lena when she returns?

goldenlox
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:53 PM
They play Suarez/RP - the #1 seeds.
Anastasia and Vera won Moscow & Fed Cup. They are a good team.

martirogi
Feb 28th, 2005, 09:07 PM
haha nastya stole ai from demen. she crept into elena's house at night and snachted sugi in a sack, then she brought her back to her house and won her affection with beer and chocolate. that's obviously why they're such a good team.

Paco
Feb 28th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Hopefully yes.
But, don't forget that Ai didn't win tournaments because Lena had injuries. So maybe Ai doesn't want to play with Lena in one team.

_LuCaS_
Feb 28th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Nastya should team up with Bepa IMO.

_LuCaS_
Feb 28th, 2005, 10:09 PM
They seems to get along very well , and in doubles Nastya seems so happy, you don't see her in singles like that

Almalyk
Mar 1st, 2005, 12:33 AM
I like the Bepa/Nastya combination too. But I guess they have played together a lot and have only one title. As far as I remember Nastya/Ai won a title together on their first attempt last year! So it will be interesting to see what happens.

As for Elena D - I would get annoyed if my partner pulled out of tournaments due to injuries, or concentrating on singles all the time. Especially if your doubles was your strength. You want a partner to rely on.

Good luck tomorrow girls.

Daniel
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:03 AM
Go Nastya :hug: do your best and fight for every point :D

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 03:32 PM
Anastasia plays Bartoli, who is 20 and ranked about #35.
They've never met.

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:08 PM
P. Suarez/V. Pascual def. A. Sugiyama/A. Myskina 6-3 4-6 6-3
Good effort facing the #1 seeds
Good Luck against Bartoli :yeah:

vaiva
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:21 PM
I hope Nastia starts a new trend in Dubai: top seeds win their opening matches :D

Enough of that slumping, time to rise and shine girl :hearts:

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:28 PM
Anastasia and Ai lost to Garbin/Kostanic in Doha.
Then she lost in singles.
Now, another first round doubles loss.
Anastasia hasn't won any match since Srebotnik in Antwerp.
Time to change that.

martirogi
Mar 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM
ai uve been a very disappointing doubles partner, of course nastya probably hasnt been helping you out very much

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 06:36 PM
You're down to $25? Bet it all on Nastya!

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:10 PM
You're down to $25? Bet it all on Nastya!
:lol: :cuckoo: ;)

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:12 PM
He's down to $0 :banghead: :smash: :help:

katiektc
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM
*Must not take Martirogi's tips on match winners*

;)

martirogi
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM
well i thought alicia was gonna win, guess that didnt work out too well

martirogi
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
but the good news is that craziness is happening and all the seeds are losing. hmm sounds like the french open plus it'd be crazy if nastya won a match so the signs are in her favor.

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:19 PM
Patty and Lindsay are still in Nastya's half. But she should beat Bartoli.
Lets get that first one.

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Nastya on Eurosport tomorrow :woohoo:
And I have some course to attend to.
HM, Seeing the Queen live or sleeping in some bench? Tough call

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:42 PM
Nastya would want you to get your education ;)

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:50 PM
Nastya would want you to get your education ;)
:p Actually I study hard to get a scolarship and maybe see her Live someday.
:angel:

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:52 PM
You should go to Sopot. She talked to Ola there last year.

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:59 PM
Ola lives there, Poland has 2 tourneys. No extra $ nedeed. For me it's a little bit hard. In Romania tennis is just for the rich ppl :sad:
Since Sparlea we had no good player in WTA. Pavel is ranked 17 in ATP. We have a small ATP tourney. That's it.

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:00 PM
You had Nastase and Tiriac. I remember Spirlea.
She had mp against Venus at the US Open. She was a very good player.

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:07 PM
You had Nastase and Tiriac. I remember Spirlea.
She had mp against Venus at the US Open. She was a very good player.
Nastase was first ATP player to be ranked #1 ;)
Tiriac reached a career high at #2. He is one of the richest man in Romania now. I was so sad Sparlea lost to Venus :crying2:

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:12 PM
I'm sure Nastase has tons of money too.
The top of the tour gets paid, bigtime.
I'm sure Anastasia gets an appearance fee for playing Dubai.

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:18 PM
I never saw money as a motivation for a tennis player. I'm sure Anastasia has a lot of money. What I'm surprised about her is that she has no major sponsor, she is/was the image of a Pepsi "daughter" ...something with T. All the Russian players (the real ones ;) )seems to have trouble with sponsorhips, altough they have succes. Never understood that.

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM
I don't worry about sponsors, because they make millions in prizemoney, plus clothing and racket deals, and appearance fees.
Once you're in the top 10, you're going to be very wealthy.
Anastasia isn't playing for the money. But very few jobs pay that well.
So being top 10 in tennis is a good place to be.

Almalyk
Mar 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
I just bet $500 on a Nastya win! Go girl! I still have confidence.

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2005, 11:45 PM
:cuckoo:
we are the most confident fans in the wta :lol:

Almalyk
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:50 AM
:cuckoo:
we are the most confident fans in the wta :lol:

Nastya is capable of winning nearly everything - but she is capable of loosing everything in the first round.

Why would I put money on her? :rolleyes: :p :tape: :o Thank god it isn't real! :lol: :lol:

martirogi
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:22 AM

im very proud of you :worship: i only bet half (of the very little i have left) on her. shame on me. :(

_LuCaS_
Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:40 AM
Anastasia won today 4-2 ret.
She was very calm today, Bartoli had the initiative most part, but Nastya was returning every ball back with ease. Her BH was good (some nice passing shots), the FH worked as well. Some improvement in the serve (1 ace :) ), altough she got broken once.
Marion hit 2 or 3 really amazing winners, but she became frustrated by Nastya's patience ( and maybe the injury too ? ) and started to fault.
Good luck Nastya in the QF :dance:

vaiva
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Too bad. Nastya won't be ready for her QF match. Bad experience in Doha and now virtually no play until Thursday :shrug:

_LuCaS_
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Indeed, however today in the 2nd game they played a lot, like 6 deuces ;) ?
Anyway she calibrated her game very good in the first 3 games. She could do that in the QF also. But hey, at least she's rested :p

Dementinator
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:48 PM
Nastya is capable of winning nearly everything - but she is capable of loosing everything in the first round.

Why would I put money on her? :rolleyes: :p :tape: :o Thank god it isn't real! :lol: :lol:

Captain Dementinator here from the bridge of SS Dementieva ,hmm sounds just like someone else we know!! he he and yes we ARE the most confident fans and why not ,thats what fans do!!!

So Nastya wins today, not how we would have liked it ,but tis a win and nice to see Nastya comforting Bartoli ,along with Lena D ,Nastya is one of the nicest and most sporting players out there.

So ,Gunboat Myskina ,you will face Patty next ,not gonna be easy i am afraid ,you will have to play your best from the get go! but you can do it!

Right then ,back to the SS Dementieva ,I have some Dementination torpedoes to get reayd for next week!!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
Nastya :D :) :)
now time to do some more damage and claim big pts
and you know what big pts =............. yes big prizes ;)

come on Nastya, time to roast Patty tomorrow.

TiK-Tee
Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
yeah! Nastya

sinterklaasje
Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:45 PM
Good luck in QF :bounce:

Spunky83
Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Hey, maybe now she will play another practice match against Patty;)...hmmm?!?

goldenlox
Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM
Good luck in the QF! Anastasia still can have a big week.

KV
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Good luck vs. Patty.

_LuCaS_
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
She plays at 12 CET. Eurosport will show her match :woohoo:

Almalyk
Mar 2nd, 2005, 08:21 PM
Good luck Anastasia! I'm going to bet all my $525 on you again so........ :kiss: :confused: :p :( :eek:

BUBI
Mar 2nd, 2005, 08:33 PM

Spunky83
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:12 AM

2pm (14h) in Dubai, meaning 11 am on thursday but I think Eurosport is going to start at 11:30 am, but well...first match always starts late + warm up.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
11:00 CET sorry guys, 12:00 is the time here in Romania :silly: :smash:
Right Spunky, thanks :kiss:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:40 AM
Good Luck Nastya

Time to win beat some good players

Shoulderpova
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Давай Настенька :worship::worship:

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Bon chance :yeah:

Shoulderpova
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Bon chance :yeah:
How to say:
- Bon chance
-Go Nastya
in Romanian :p

Spunky83
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:17 PM
Great birthday present, thanks Nastya!

Well...it´s a progress if you can call it that way...

vaiva
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:26 PM
Commentators said Nastya was totally devastated after the match.

It's tough to be Anastassia Myskina these days :hug:

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
She can't win a 3 sets match. :shrug:
patty was better today, more aggresive, she deserved to win
Still, Nastya had MP in the 2nd. GREAT. :banghead:
I gotta stop watching her live, broke the remote, my fist hurts from wall punching,etc.

@ Spunky: Happy birthday hun :aparty: :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:37 PM
Nastya another terrible loss :mad: :fiery: :smash:

get outfought by Miss nobrain :help:
what happened, missed this match too

Nastya wont finish top 20 the way she is going :help:

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
It's been a tough start to the year for Anastasia, but she has to forget it.
The past is over.
She can still can have a great year.
There's the RG, the KC, Fed Cup, plus many other opportunities ahead for Anastasia.

JLDementieva
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:17 PM
Nastya.... :sad: seriously what's going on girl?

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Good luck Anastasia! I'm going to bet all my $525 on you again so........ :kiss: :confused: :p :( :eek:Anastasia is burning our vMoney :lol:

Spunky83
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Commentators said Nastya was totally devastated after the match.

It's tough to be Anastassia Myskina these days :hug:

Yeah? Did she complain about the balls again? The court? The crowd? The wind? I just hope she can find the most important thing back which is having FUN playing tennis...she should go on holidays the next two weeks instead of trying to figure out which shot goes wrong. Miami´s the last hardcourt tourney before the clay season starts and I think she should focuse on clay now and try not to look back, she has the game if her head´s on.

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:28 PM
RG is still more than 2 months away.
Anastasia is coming to the U.S., so she should definately play Miami.
There's no rush to play clay.

Spunky83
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:35 PM
RG is still more than 2 months away.
Anastasia is coming to the U.S., so she should definately play Miami.
There's no rush to play clay.

Of course she should play Miami, but I just want her to make a mental "cut". She should try to see the clay season as a new beginning and just try to make the best out of Miami.

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:46 PM
Anastasia won 1 match on clay in 2004 before RG.
RG is still too far away.
Plus the green clay plays as fast as some hardcourts.
Much faster than red clay.
There is still no reason to worry.
Anastasia just needs 1 good tournament to turn this year around.
1 good tournament, and she's back in the top 5, and feeling confident.

KV
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Pretty disappointing loss. Bounce back Nastya!

martirogi
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
wow nastya sucks

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:13 PM
wow nastya sucksAnastasia is having a slow start to 2005.
Because of Fed Cup and Hopman Cup, her offseason was very short.
I would never give up on Anastasia.
The year just started.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
Her gameplay is not that poor, she had MP today. She is unlucky so far. All her opponents were "on fire". After AO Dechy is back to "normal", Conchita showed nothing today against Linz, Patty is 18-4 so far I think.
We're Nastya fans, rollercoaster fanatics :scared:

Spunky83
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
I usually get sick on rollercoasters...

@Lucas: is the msn messenger down as well?

jmcfarla
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:35 PM
I know we are all devastated by Nastya losing again :sad: , but I think that there are a few positives to take from the match.

Today she lost a match she should have won. And I mean based on the way the match was going, not on paper or because of rankings said she was a better player, she actually should have beaten Patty (it is a long time since we have been able to say that about a lose)

It was also a high quality match and both players played some great tennis at various points. :)

In the end she didn't really let her level drop: she tired.
To be honest the match turned on Patty's last service game of the second set and her first of the third. Nastya could have (should have) won both of those games and when she didn't the moumentum change and Nastya never recovered (especially from the first game of the third which was clearly a draining games both mentally as well as physically for her)

Unlike the other defeats in her 'slump' she was competitive today and the only thing she is missing is a bit of confidence.

But today was better, and she is going to turn this around keep the faith. ;)

Spunky83
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Actually I am not even feeling "devastated" or even sad about that loss...not a good sign, not a good sign at all...come on Yee Wah, don´t give up! I just need to re-motivate myself a little bit;)

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:43 PM
I think the only important match that Anastasia lost this year was against Dechy.
That was a major.
The rest were Tier II's. Fairly meaningless, in the big picture of Anastasia's career.
There are still 3 more majors, plus Tier I's, Fed Cup.
The year is just beginning.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:58 PM
There's such a short way from excitemend to agony and reverse. I'm probably the only guy in my city who cheers for Myskina :tennis: I feel weird. Today I went crazy watching the match. Forums are good thing :)

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
It's very difficult to maintain a top 3 ranking. Even top 5.
Everything has to go right.
We'll see what happens in the U.S.
Anastasia made the final of Tier I San Diego last year.
Semis in Indian Wells.
Now she can get some rest at home, then go to Miami.

Almalyk
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
Oh Nastya! So disappointing, especially with a MP! You have also forced me to file for bankruptcy!
Clear your head, and come back strong - please!

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:12 PM
We should only allow - $0's - to post in this thread.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:20 PM
:haha:
Hey it wasn't Nastya's fault you're broke though. Don't cheat

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:22 PM
If Anastasia won, I would have stopped today.
So her loss led to the next one :lol:
Anyway, I was going to put it all on Anastasia against Davenport, finally getting good odds.
So, that's over.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
You can still get 25 $. I don't know exactly how. It's in the rules section

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
Maybe the change to clay after Miami will help.
This is a very minor setback.
The only bad part is that the chance for world #1 isn't there now.
But if Anastasia started playing great, she can still get back in the mix.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Maybe clay will help...you'll be seeing a tourney in US GL?

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Only US Open. I'll only see tennis on tv in the next few weeks.
Anik will be in Miami.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
Anik?

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
DinaraSafinaFans. She'll be in Miami.
That means lots of pictures.

_LuCaS_
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:58 PM
DinaraSafinaFans. She'll be in Miami.
That means lots of pictures.
:yeah:

Almalyk
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:43 AM

lol! ;) ;) ;)

I have $25 too now! Is that all I am allowed until Anastasia plays next? :eek:

Let's hope she shines during the clay season!

martirogi
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:54 AM
there's nothing to say about nastya. no excuses, no hopes. there's just nothing until she starts winning again.

Almalyk
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:07 AM
there's nothing to say about nastya. no excuses, no hopes. there's just nothing until she starts winning again.

So true :sad: - let's hope the winning part of her is up and running soon... :)

Aleksz
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:38 PM
yep ANIK, n'oublie pas de faire pleins de jolies photos :angel: te fais confiance :worship:

goldenlox
Mar 4th, 2005, 03:48 PM
If you don't count Bartoli retiring, Anastasia has lost 3 straight matches, and is 4-5 in 2005.
She hasn't beaten a top 20 player. Golovin was her best win.

This slump is unfortunate. But it's still more than 2 months before RG.
So Anastasia has plenty of time to sharpen up her game.

Daniel
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:20 PM
The important thing she gets to defend her RG title, at this pace it would be "amazing" if she wins Miami.

Vamos Nastya , do your best and win :hug: :)

Almalyk
Mar 5th, 2005, 11:10 AM
The important thing she gets to defend her RG title, at this pace it would be "amazing" if she wins Miami.

Vamos Nastya , do your best and win :hug: :)

Go Anastasia!

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Anastasia said she's not happy with her results. But she's not a robot, sometimes she has a bad day. She said she's going to stay positive and keep working.

In the big picture of Anastasia's career, a slow start to 2005 is not a big deal.
As long as she's healthy and stays positive, Anastasia will do fine.

_LuCaS_
Mar 5th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Read that article too, she's optimistic. I am too.

Almalyk
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:38 AM
BUMP! I hope Anastasia is resting and not being too hard on herself. I think she will turn her year around with a good tournament. I hope it comes soon. Perhaps she needs to play a fellow Russian (as she hasn't so far this year) - I think we will see her best fighting spirit then.

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Anastasia is like this her whole career.
A few early round losses mean she's well rested when she comes back.
Healthy and mentally fresh.
She can turn her year around at 1 tournament.
It could be Miami.

martirogi
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:02 PM
even though nastya isnt playing soon and there's nothing to say we can't let her thread go to the bottom of the page. it would bring dishonor and shame to our cult leader.

all bow down and worship the mighty nastya :toothy: :toothy: :toothy: :lick:

goldenlox
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I like to look at this page to see how much money everyone has left.
Anastasia will be fine.
I was worried after the Olympic loss.
But when she won the KC, I learned to accept the ups and downs.

_LuCaS_
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I like to look at this page to see how much money everyone has left.

lol, yeah it's so funny

Daniel
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:48 PM
GL, Lucas and Marti Rogi have no cash :eek:

goldenlox
Mar 12th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I have money at the start of every day. But I bet it all!!
And I'll do that when Anastasia comes back in Miami :p

martirogi
Mar 12th, 2005, 05:24 PM
i made some money back but then lost it all on jankovic :fiery:

_LuCaS_
Mar 12th, 2005, 07:40 PM
i made some money back but then lost it all on jankovic :fiery:
Jankovic wasted my 300 :fiery:
But I'll be ready for Miami too :p

martirogi
Mar 12th, 2005, 08:03 PM
i just got my tickets for miami :banana: im going the 25-28. hopefully i see nastya's 2nd 3rd and 4th round :hearts: but knowing my luck she'll be in the part of the draw that plays 2nd rd on the 24 and she loses so i dont see her at all. that would be sad but also funny. :tape:

_LuCaS_
Mar 12th, 2005, 08:06 PM
i just got my tickets for miami :banana: im going the 25-28. hopefully i see nastya's 2nd 3rd and 4th round :hearts: but knowing my luck she'll be in the part of the draw that plays 2nd rd on the 24 and she loses so i dont see her at all. that would be sad but also funny. :tape:
:haha: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

_LuCaS_
Mar 12th, 2005, 08:07 PM
GL, Lucas and Marti Rogi have no cash :eek:
LOL, you got a small fortune btw ;)

Spunky83
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:25 PM

Hey, if you have the time and you want to, it would be great if you write a report for a-m.com. Think about it;)

MY 4000th post :aparty:

_LuCaS_
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Hey, if you have the time and you want to, it would be great if you write a report for a-m.com. Think about it;)

It's not like you'll have much to write :p :tape:

Spunky83
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:03 PM
It's not like you'll have much to write :p :tape:

:eek: ...that´s not even funny...

martirogi
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:21 PM
haha i can see the story now- nastya had a narrow escape beating bye in the first round 76(5) in the third. the day before i got there she lost to (insert name of crappy player) making 142 ues. :lol:

_LuCaS_
Mar 13th, 2005, 09:47 AM
:eek: ...that´s not even funny...
:bolt: I think this is the 1st time you say something like this. Yee Wah are you alright? :)

_LuCaS_
Mar 13th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Grrrrrrrrr Cervanova was leading 5-2 in the third, had a MP and lost 5-7 and ALL my vMoney :banghead:
:drink: :drink: :drink: life is cruel :sobbing:

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2005, 11:45 AM
:bolt: I think this is the 1st time you say something like this. Yee Wah are you alright? :)

:lol: ...I am just in a bad mood right now (not because of Nastya), I´ll try to find my alternative humour back;)

btw: I won thanks to Stosur, now I have put all my money on Benesova...betting on ATP matches is a lot easier

martirogi
Mar 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
btw: I won thanks to Stosur, now I have put all my money on Benesova...betting on ATP matches is a lot easier

i just put my money on her too, but at the last minute got too scared so i only did half and the other half on tati :tape: wouldn't it be ridiculous if they both lost

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2005, 05:55 PM
i just put my money on her too, but at the last minute got too scared so i only did half and the other half on tati :tape: wouldn't it be ridiculous if they both lost

On Tati? The odds are 9/50, you would only get 18% out of it...but at least, you´ll get the money for sure...I just hope my player will make it, otherwise I am screwed again :lol:

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Anastasia hasn't won a match since Srebotnik in Antwerp.
She must be anxious to get some wins in Miami.

_LuCaS_
Mar 13th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Anastasia hasn't won a match since Srebotnik in Antwerp.
She must be anxious to get some wins in Miami.
THat makes two of us :)

martirogi
Mar 13th, 2005, 09:58 PM
nastya will probably do something crazy and win the damn thing :hearts:

or maybe not :tape:

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2005, 11:05 PM
On Tati? The odds are 9/50, you would only get 18% out of it...but at least, you´ll get the money for sure...I just hope my player will make it, otherwise I am screwed again :lol:

and there goes my money... :lol: shoot me please!!!

martirogi
Mar 14th, 2005, 11:47 PM
:sad: stupid vaidisova. it seems impossible to make so many wrong bets.

Almalyk
Mar 15th, 2005, 12:04 AM
:sad: stupid vaidisova. it seems impossible to make so many wrong bets.

lol- i think Nastya's fan's are the poorest in the WTA World community! :o

selyoink
Mar 15th, 2005, 02:39 AM
I'm doing pretty well in part b/c I haven't bet on Myskina yet. I also bet on both Fujiwara and Beltrame in the first 2 rounds of IW. Of course they both won their first two matches.

_LuCaS_
Mar 15th, 2005, 12:01 PM
lol- i think Nastya's fan's are the poorest in the WTA World community! :o
We are the most inconsistent gamblers around :lol:
You know what would be really funny? We vbroke and Nastya winning Miami.
:lol: :tape: :smash:
Btw I have 100 ;) ( pretty sure I'll lose it tonight again :( )

martirogi
Mar 15th, 2005, 04:07 PM
i wonder what nastya's odds will be to win miami at the start of the tourney, prob 18-1 or something like that

_LuCaS_
Mar 15th, 2005, 04:19 PM
i wonder what nastya's odds will be to win miami at the start of the tourney, prob 18-1 or something like that
Awesome :drool: :hehehe:

goldenlox
Mar 15th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I should be over $500 today. I made winning bets, but went too light.
When Miami comes, I'll be loading up on Anastasia again

martirogi
Mar 15th, 2005, 06:02 PM
well im still in the 0-25 range :( so i wont get to bet much on nastya or against her :hehehe: :tape:

ys
Mar 15th, 2005, 09:07 PM
It is surprising to know that Nastya is still in Moscow. I thought she would be practicing in States already..

_LuCaS_
Mar 15th, 2005, 09:13 PM
It is surprising to know that Nastya is still in Moscow. I thought she would be practicing in States already..
She has time. She'll be in US for 3 tourneys in a row.

Spunky83
Mar 15th, 2005, 09:57 PM

I think that´s good actually. She doesn´t really need to work on her game, she needs to work on her mind and fitness. Get a good rest, trying to refocuse and just enjoy the time back home and trying to look forward to the next few weeks.

It should be fine. A friend of mine will be in Miami too, he´ll be on vacation with his girlfriend. I told him to take some nice shots and to get rid of his gf and take me along instead...didn´t work out :sad: ;)

Daniel
Mar 15th, 2005, 10:17 PM
:lol: @ Spunky, maybe he donest like the idea of a trio :o :p

I want Nastya to win Miami :bounce:

Almalyk
Mar 16th, 2005, 12:10 AM
I am really lookiong forward to a tournament when Anastasia goes deep into the draw. I want her to be on the board in the championships race and get some confidence back too.

_LuCaS_
Mar 16th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Anastasia is #23. Two tier 1s to pick up points. She is 160 pts behind #8, Hantuchova.

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2005, 07:45 PM
#23, and Linetskaya is #22.
Going into IW, Anastasia was #9 in 2005 prizemoney.
But she's getting past by several players next week.

martirogi
Mar 16th, 2005, 08:25 PM
what money did she win to get to number 9?!!! 4th rd aussie and semis antwerp :fiery:

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2005, 08:29 PM
She's over $150,000. Even with a 4-5 record.
And any wins in Miami pay well also.
Plus, like Lucas said, she's not that far from #8 in 2005 points.
Anastasia can still have a great year.

Almalyk
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I know she isn't too far behind - but I would love a convincing tournament with some good wins! I'm looking forward to the clay season- I have a good feeling about it again this year.

Almalyk
Mar 17th, 2005, 01:21 AM
And GL - how did you get so much $$$ back??

VeraNuVirgosFan
Mar 17th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by DelMonte
Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-1528547,00.html

March 17, 2005

Clijsters has affairs in hand second time around

From Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent in Indian Wells, California

...So young to have played and lost so many grand-slam finals — twice in Paris, once each in New York and Melbourne — so young to have loved and lost. But she is back playing, there is a spring in her step and her wrist hurts no more. “I feel blessed,” Clijsters said. “I came back in Antwerp last month, I didn’t know how I would play and it ended up being the best event ever. I just drew on all the crowd’s energy, that and their love. I had never received so many teddy bears, so many cards, so many kind thoughts.”

From inside tennis, too. Anastasia Myskina, the French Open champion from Russia, was constantly on the phone, as was Ai Sugiyama, her doubles partner, and Rennae Stubbs, the gregarious Australian.

Any calls from Justine Henin-Hardenne, her fellow Belgian and the former world No 1 who, because of a viral infection, has spent as long away as Clijsters? “Not at all,” she said, melancholy in her voice for once. “I’ve done that (tried to make contact with Henin-Hardenne) for a while, but it’s tough to keep trying when nothing comes back.

“I have always believed things happen for a reason,” Clijsters, who has reached the quarter-finals in Indian Wells, said. “Nobody’s life is the way they always want it. Bad things happen, but positive things come out of it. It may be called maturing, but I’ve got to know myself better in the last year. I realised who I could count on and who I couldn’t, the people who are there for you in good times and bad. It is a learning experience to find out who cares for you and who doesn’t.

“Now all I want to do is challenge the girls again to see what happens the second time around for me.” No one more merits a happy ending.
It's nice to hear nice words about Nastya!

Spunky83
Mar 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Whole article:

Clijsters has affairs in hand second time around
From Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent in Indian Wells, California

IF THE fairytale had reached the happy-ever-after conclusion that the script suggested, Kim Clijsters would be Mrs Lleyton Hewitt. This tournament would have been their sporting and spiritual honeymoon. With a husband in the hotel room, it is less likely to have been a target for a burglar as Clijsters’s was yesterday.
A surreal scenario had Clijsters following Hewitt into the interview room at the Pacific Life Open, Hewitt being accosted by a large Argentine woman demanding to know what he thinks about that country’s players — they play Australia in the Davis Cup in July — and Clijsters by a deputy sheriff asking to take her fingerprints so that police can check whether those on the money they have retrieved from the alleged intruder are hers.

Hewitt is now engaged to Bec Cartwright, a lovely young woman who appears in the soap Home and Away; Clijsters bought a new dog, a Great Dane, as companionship for herself and her British bulldog. In January, Hewitt reached the final of the Australian Open for the first time, while Clijsters, who had lost in that final a year earlier, was shadow-hitting — swinging a racket with no ball to strike — to test if her left wrist would stand the rigours of the circuit again.

Here last year, the Belgian, No 2 in the world at the time, having just won her 21st title, was hitting a routine backhand when something gave in the wrist. “I felt this jolt, I knew something wasn’t right,” she said. A tendon tear was diagnosed, the bone was shaved and a cyst growing beneath it removed.

Then, on home territory in Hasselt in October, she suffered another tear — “the net that holds the tendon had come out of its runner,” she said — and the whole area was badly inflamed.

For three months she fretted, with doctors saying that it could be career-threatening. “I had to believe that wouldn’t happen,” she said, “but it was tough. I was training, still running, but there was no certainty it would lead to anything. I started to think what I was going to do with my life. There are a few things I was interested in, but not yet.

“I had been to a health farm in Australia and realised there wasn’t anything like that in Belgium. I had the idea I could have started something like that. I learnt how to ride a horse, something I would never had a chance to do if I was on the tour.” She had always talked about her love of children. “I have a young Mum and I really enjoy that, but there is still time,” she said. “I realise that now. I’m only 21.”

So young to have played and lost so many grand-slam finals — twice in Paris, once each in New York and Melbourne — so young to have loved and lost. But she is back playing, there is a spring in her step and her wrist hurts no more. “I feel blessed,” Clijsters said. “I came back in Antwerp last month, I didn’t know how I would play and it ended up being the best event ever. I just drew on all the crowd’s energy, that and their love. I had never received so many teddy bears, so many cards, so many kind thoughts.”

From inside tennis, too. Anastasia Myskina, the French Open champion from Russia, was constantly on the phone, as was Ai Sugiyama, her doubles partner, and Rennae Stubbs, the gregarious Australian.

Any calls from Justine Henin-Hardenne, her fellow Belgian and the former world No 1 who, because of a viral infection, has spent as long away as Clijsters? “Not at all,” she said, melancholy in her voice for once. “I’ve done that (tried to make contact with Henin-Hardenne) for a while, but it’s tough to keep trying when nothing comes back.

“I have always believed things happen for a reason,” Clijsters, who has reached the quarter-finals in Indian Wells, said. “Nobody’s life is the way they always want it. Bad things happen, but positive things come out of it. It may be called maturing, but I’ve got to know myself better in the last year. I realised who I could count on and who I couldn’t, the people who are there for you in good times and bad. It is a learning experience to find out who cares for you and who doesn’t.

“Now all I want to do is challenge the girls again to see what happens the second time around for me.” No one more merits a happy ending.

OMG...I needed ten minutes to find out what the article is about, especially the "From inside the tennis, too..."-passage. I thought, why would the author mention Nastya and Ai who are not even playing IW? Then I found out...ahh, they called Kim "constantly". OMG...some people need to know what they are writing, even if it´s The Times. This must be the worst article ever..."So young to have played and lost so many grand-slam finals — twice in Paris, once each in New York and Melbourne — so young to have loved and lost."...nice try, weirdo...

or am I just stupid?

However, nice to see the players (all except evil Justine of course) are happy about Kim´s comeback.

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2005, 04:33 PM
And GL - how did you get so much $$$ back??I was down to $25 :bigcry:
I bet Vika, and got to $100. Put it all on Lena vs. Golovin.
So I had $175, and bet it all on Lena vs. Sveta.
Now I have :hearts: $500:hearts:

I'm ready to bet on Anastasia again :D

_LuCaS_
Mar 17th, 2005, 06:01 PM
I have plenty of time until Anastasia plays, to make some money :tennis:
I have to be more cautious.

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Miami is going to be very interesting.
Maria, Lena, and Sveta are all playing well at IW.
Anastasia is going to join them.
This is going to be a great tournament.

Almalyk
Mar 18th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Miami is going to be very interesting.
Maria, Lena, and Sveta are all playing well at IW.
Anastasia is going to join them.
This is going to be a great tournament.

Would it not be great if these four were all in the semi's? How long do you think it will be before the last four left in a tournament are all Russian! The only positive result for me would still be Anastasia lifting the trophy though!! :drool:

martirogi
Mar 18th, 2005, 03:11 AM
what if she has to meet clijsters (justine? not sure about her seeding) first match

Spunky83
Mar 18th, 2005, 01:11 PM
what if she has to meet clijsters (justine? not sure about her seeding) first match

You know...with my luck lately, it´s gonna be like this:
----------
Myskina
Bye

Henin-Hardenne
Ivanovic
----------

Now come on! :lol: ...

Daniel
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Anastasia, i want you to win Miami :clap2: :bounce: :D

_LuCaS_
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Anastasia, i want you to win Miami :clap2: :bounce: :D
Careful what you wish for, it might just come true ;)

martirogi
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:29 PM
i dont know what id do if she won miami, its been so long since a big win

Daniel
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:37 PM
remeber it is Nastya ;) she loses and loses and suddlenly wins somethig BIG

butperefer if the big title comes in Paris ;)

Spunky83
Mar 19th, 2005, 12:44 AM
remeber it is Nastya ;) she loses and loses and suddlenly wins somethig BIG

butperefer if the big title comes in Paris ;)

me too, me too...she could suck at all clay tourneys and just win paris, i would like that ;)

martirogi
Mar 19th, 2005, 01:01 AM
i having a feeling she will only get a couple wins in miami, but then win amelia is.

i have no idea why, it's just my psychic abilities i guess :angel:

Almalyk
Mar 19th, 2005, 05:17 AM
i having a feeling she will only get a couple wins in miami, but then win amelia is.

i have no idea why, it's just my psychic abilities i guess :angel:

Myskina is ready to run everyone off the court through the clay season- I hope she starts out well on this surface and her confidence rises. I loved her clay game at RG - it was the first time I had seen her play such sensible tennis. Her mentality and solid play meant that other players could only self destruct.

Anastasia - marry me! :hearts:

martirogi
Mar 19th, 2005, 05:39 AM
i remember in the semis when capriati was complaing that nastya's serve was too slow sometimes. umm thats called a strategy. :D stupid hippo. :lol:

Daniel
Mar 19th, 2005, 05:54 AM
We should have used your special powers martigorgi then i shouldn have bet some money on Maria :sad: :p

BUBI
Mar 19th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Do you like my new avatar?

BTW, not all Nastya fans are vBroke :devil: But I'm gonna bet on her in the next tournament. We will see what happens

:tennis:

Daniel
Mar 19th, 2005, 06:32 AM
i love the way she puts her tongue out, kind of sexy ;)

_LuCaS_
Mar 19th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Do you like my new avatar?

BTW, not all Nastya fans are vBroke :devil: But I'm gonna bet on her in the next tournament. We will see what happens

:tennis:
One of my fav :p :yeah:
Some money you got there :cool:

martirogi
Mar 19th, 2005, 04:48 PM
well if u bet it on nastya ull be broke soon too.

goldenlox
Mar 19th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I went broke betting Maria. At least Nastya will win a game or 2.

martirogi
Mar 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM
haha, we all hope she does but im scared for the possible clijsters seconde round

Spunky83
Mar 19th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I went broke betting Maria

Me too, I bet 2-1 sets win for Maria and 2-1 sets win on Kim.

Well, today I hope that Kim wins in three (I´ve bet both on tourney winner and on sets). Come on KIM!!! :D ratio: 6.00 I need the money!!!!

goldenlox
Mar 19th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I bet something today. I forgot what it was :lol:
I'll see if I have $25, or more, when I come here tomorrow :D

_LuCaS_
Mar 19th, 2005, 06:15 PM
I kinda got used to my 25 :)

goldenlox
Mar 19th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Not me. I want to turn that $25 into thousands :D

_LuCaS_
Mar 19th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Not before me. Change of tactics. Let's see if it works

_LuCaS_
Mar 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM
How far everyone here thinks ANastasia can reach in Miami ?
Give exact, honest answers.
I say SF.