PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

_LuCaS_
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Weird question but: Why are there so many australian Nastya fans (compared to other countries)? Hello to you guys down-under;)

So, is there anyone whoīs able to watch the early round matches? Eurosport will only cover one semi-match and the final...but everyday coverage from Doha! funny.
Eurosport 2 has a full coverage of Antwerp I think. However I don't have it yet. Nfan has it, but I have a feeling he won't be watching :unsure:

Spunky83
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Eurosport 2 has a full coverage of Antwerp I think. However I don't have it yet. Nfan has it, but I have a feeling he won't be watching :unsure:

I see...I seriously hope that Eurosport 2 will get cable-time here in Germany, would be so cool.

martirogi
Feb 11th, 2005, 01:41 PM
i dont think espn is showing anything until indian wells :fiery: :(

Nastyafan
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM
You have a right sixth feeling. Of course I will watch Nastya's wins (if there are) on tape. Unfortunately I already don't know which player of top 200 Nastya would beat for sure so I don't wan't to risk a heartbreaker watching live.:fiery:
Damn, it's so easy to watch tennis when Nastya isn't playing:worship:

Spunky83
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Damn, it's so easy to watch tennis when Nastya isn't playing:worship:

And oh so boring...

JLDementieva
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:46 PM
i dont think espn is showing anything until indian wells :fiery: :(
ESPN doesn't show any non-GS tournaments that are not in the United States, other than Davis CUp of course.

Nastyafan
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Indeed it's boring, now I'm watching Paris with the only hope someone to beat Momo and Serena, but that isn't happening. Unfortunately they aren't so interesting and unpredictable as Nastya.
but still much easier

goldenlox
Feb 11th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Serena withdrew. One semi is Golovin/Safina.
You never know what's going to happen.
In Paris, Dechy lost her first match.
Anastasia could have won this tournament. And she can win Antwerp.

martirogi
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:10 PM
ESPN doesn't show any non-GS tournaments that are not in the United States, other than Davis CUp of course.

i thought they showed finals of rome and berlin, they used to at least

but they probably dropped those in favor of reairing sportscenter 5 times in a row instead of 4

goldenlox
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM
The Antwerp draw is out. Anastasia has to play the winner of Golovin/Safina, who are also playing in the Paris semi.

_LuCaS_
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:57 PM
The Antwerp draw is out. Anastasia has to play the winner of Golovin/Safina, who are also playing in the Paris semi.
Yep, possible encounter in the SF with Venus/Kim.
GOOD LUCK GIRL !!!
GRRR :mad: until Euro2 in my city.

martirogi
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:58 PM
i posted the draw in the tourney thread for anyone who wants to see it :D :wavey:

goldenlox
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM
If Anastasia doesn't play well, she won't get past this first match.
Either Golovin or Safina will be in the final of Tier II Paris.
This is a tough first match back.

Spunky83
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM

Must be weird for those two to meet in the first round next week coming from a semifinal;)

The doubles draw is not out yet, maybe Nastya takes the chance and teams up with Dinara "I donīt give chinese people autographs" Safina for doubles. Didnīt Nastya once say she wanted to play with her? No "super" friend Vera around this time.

Spunky83
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:04 PM

Yep, she really needs to focuse and just play her normal best without thinking too much. Normally neither Dinara nor Tati should be a problem for her, she hasnīt even lost a set against those two yet, but well things change fast especially with those young and upcoming players. You never know.

Belgium people should learn how to manipulate the draw, pretty tough quarter for their little darling Kim;)

martirogi
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:04 PM
what if she played doubles with tati :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

obviously they would win :bounce: :dance:

goldenlox
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I think Dinara will continue to play doubles with Anabel.
They are in the Paris semis as the #1 seed, and Anabel is in this draw against Nadia.

_LuCaS_
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
She will play, goldenlox, and she will win. Have some hope ;)

goldenlox
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:43 PM
One of those is in the Paris final. That draw, and Tokyo, are both easier than this draw.
This tournament has Anastasia, Amelie, Kim, Alicia, Venus, Nadia, Dechy.
Lots of tough players.

katiektc
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:44 PM
One of those two being in the Paris final doesnt mean much when they got to where they are through injury and walkovers.
Nastya is better than both of them and should do her job as a top player and win.

goldenlox
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Anastasia should beat Golovin and Sprem, and play the Kim-Venus winner in the semis.
That's if she's playing well.

katiektc
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Anastasia should beat Golovin and Sprem, and play the Kim-Venus winner in the semis.
That's if she's playing well.

Ah but the key to a good champion is to win even when not playing well ;)

_LuCaS_
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:58 PM
She has to play her normal game, and she has no reason not to.

goldenlox
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Ah but the key to a good champion is to win even when not playing well ;)This year, Anastasia hasn't had the right key.
Maybe this week, she'll unlock the door to good play.

katiektc
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:02 PM
This year, Anastasia hasn't had the right key.
Maybe this week, she'll unlock the door to good play.

:lol: wat a beautiful analagy ;)

_LuCaS_
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:09 PM
that's analogy kat (teaser alert) :kiss:

Spunky83
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:13 PM
:lol: wat a beautiful analagy ;)

Back in Australia it seemed like she hasnīt even managed to find the right door. Maybe she has now found the right one and hopefully the key will fit otherwise she will see her friends and enemies sitting inside the warm house partying without her. :tape:

Nastyafan
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
The draw already out. :eek: Why are they so hurried? I don't think any other tourneys (except slams) makes the draw on Friday. There could be many late withdrawals.
Not looking good. No warm-up match for Nastya. But she never exploits the easy draws, maybe that's better. Let's hope she will surprise me pleasantly this time. Because if she wins 2 matches here it will be really a pleasant surprise to me. :fiery:
Please Nastya restore my belief in you.:kiss:

ys
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Well, time for a push for #1 for Nastya. he definitely blew her chance in last four months. And it is 5 Tier Is between now and RG, a hell of a points and if she does ver well, #1 is still within her reach. Of course, she has Doha and IW semifinal points to defend, but that's about it.

Spunky83
Feb 11th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Wait, she already has played with Dinara before...Indian Wellsī03 I think it was? Well, nevermind.

Almalyk
Feb 12th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Good luck Anastasia- I hope she plays Dinara. I hope she is just as ready to beat her Russian friends as she was in 2004.

Gowza
Feb 12th, 2005, 03:16 AM
h2h against dinara:
2003 Doha (http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentoverview.asp?tournament=1100006378) QF Hard (O) A.MYSKINA 6-2 7-5
2003 Dubai (http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentoverview.asp?tournament=1100006388) 32 Hard (O) A.MYSKINA 6-4 6-3
2003 French Open (http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentoverview.asp?tournament=1100005348) 128 Clay (O) A.MYSKINA 6-2 6-2

Gowza
Feb 12th, 2005, 03:20 AM
h2h against golovin:
2004 Fed Cup Carpet (I) A.Myskina 6-4 7-6(5)

_LuCaS_
Feb 12th, 2005, 10:48 AM
After AO, I don't believe in H2H anymore :banghead:

goldenlox
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:07 PM
You never know what Anastasia is going to do from week to week.
But if she's on her best game, she can beat everyone in this draw.
At least the player she starts with should be tired from a long week in Paris.

Spunky83
Feb 12th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Did you guys know that?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000081&sid=aeAdDFnGxD2U&refer=australia

Sharapova's Sponsorships Leave Russian Rivals Lagging

Jan. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Wimbledon tennis champion Maria Sharapova arrived for the Australian Open in Melbourne wearing free Nike Inc. shoes and a Tag Heuer watch provided by her sponsors. Svetlana Kuznetsova, her Russian colleague who won the U.S. Open, is still seeking a first major company to support her.

Sharapova's off-court earnings, which SportBusiness International magazine said will total at least $15 million this year, are 10 times more than those of Kuznetsova and French Open winner Anastasia Myskina. Part of Sharapova's advantage is that she's lived in Florida the past 10 years, according to Myskina's manager Mark Gandler.

``She's a Grand Slam winner and speaks very good English,'' Russia-born Gandler, 48, a founder of Franklin Lakes, New Jersey- based International Sports Advisors, said in a phone interview. ``And she's perceived as being an American.''

Sharapova is the only one of Russia's Grand Slam event winners last year to have cracked an endorsement market valued by the IEG Sponsorship Report at $30.4 billion. Since beating Serena Williams to become the third-youngest Wimbledon champion at age 17, she signed contracts with Nike, the largest athletic-shoe maker; Tag Heuer International SA, a unit of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA; Motorola Inc., the No. 2 maker of mobile phones; Canon Inc., the second-biggest seller of digital cameras, and perfume maker Parlux Fragrances Inc.

Matching Serena

She appeared on NBC's ``Tonight Show'' with Jay Leno and CBS's ``Inside Edition,'' and was the first tennis player in more than two years to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine.

Sharapova has flourished off court as much as Williams. The 23-year-old American makes about $15 million a year in agreements with Nike Inc., Wilson Sporting Goods Co., McDonald's Corp., and Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc., her agent Jill Smoller said.

Max Eisenbud, Sharapova's agent, declined an interview request.

Russian players dominated women's tennis last year, winning three of the four Grand Slams and taking four of the top six world ranking positions. Sharapova, No. 4, led the circuit with more than $2.5 million in prize money, and third-ranked Myskina helped Russia to an inaugural win in the Federation Cup, the sport's most prestigious women's team event.

Easy Win

Seven-time WTA Tour winner Sharapova took 50 minutes to beat China's Na Li today and advance to the fourth round of the Australian Open for the first time. She's the second favorite behind Serena Williams at Australia's Centrebet to win the year's first Grand Slam. Kuznetsova also reached the fourth round at Melbourne Park for the first time today, while Myskina was a quarterfinalist the past two years.

Sharapova isn't the first Russian player to earn millions from sponsors. Anna Kournikova, 23, used to make more from endorsements than any other female athlete, according to Chicago- based Burns Sports & Celebrities, even though she never won a title on the women's elite tour. She last played a professional tournament in May 2003.

Today's Russian players trail Sharapova's success in winning endorsements partly because Russian companies are now more interested in soccer, Lawrence Frankopan, 27, who manages Kuznetsova, said in a phone interview. OAO Sibneft, the country's fifth-largest oil producer, has a three-year contract worth $54 million with CSKA Moscow.

Worsening Situation

``It's difficult to target anyone with money in Russia,'' Frankopan said. ``The big companies, like oil firms, aren't what you normally associate with tennis, and there are no carmakers, fashion houses or telecommunication giants.''

Further, Russian companies don't need as much publicity as they did immediately after the fall of communism in 1991, Shamil Tarpischev, the president of the Russian Tennis Association, said in an interview.

``The situation is worse that it was five or 10 years ago,'' said Tarpischev, also captain of Russia's Fed Cup team. ``When they were just starting out, they needed the publicity, now they're up and running, they don't need it.''

The Russian domination of women's tennis in 2004 began when Myskina beat countrywoman Elena Dementieva to win the French Open. Since then, the 23-year-old Myskina has tried and failed to get endorsements from Russian companies, Gandler said. Her sole agreement since winning in Paris is a one-year contract with fruit-juice maker Tropicana Inc., a unit of PepsiCo Inc.

Russian companies prefer to hire show business celebrities because they're cheaper, said Dementieva's agent, Maya Belyaeva.

Still Waiting

Dementieva, who speaks English, French and Russian, signed a one-year contract with Samsung Corp., the fourth-biggest seller of cellular phones in the U.S., at the end of 2003 that's being extended to this year, Belyaeva said. She declined to give terms of the deal.

Kuznetsova, a 19-year-old who trains in Spain, is still seeking her first major sponsorship, Frankopan said. Winning the U.S. Open hasn't helped so far, probably because Russian women have been so dominant, he said.

``Because three Russians won Grand Slams last year, it's somewhat diluted their uniqueness and marketability,'' he said.

According to someone on GM, thereīs a pic of that Tropicana ad in the british ACE Magazine along with an exclusive interview :confused: ...whoīs gonna get it? ;)

katiektc
Feb 13th, 2005, 07:51 AM
I think i might be getting Ace soon ;)

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2005, 12:26 PM
http://www.acehotlist.co.uk/

Another Ace-thing: Vote for the hottest player! "Sweetheart" Nastya is currently third, so go vote!

martirogi
Feb 13th, 2005, 04:26 PM
who would vote jcap pretty? and how is andre ahead of roger

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Voted :yeah:
"With her dark, mysterious looks Anastasia will appeal to those with a more discerning taste. Personality-wise she is a total sweetheart: eminently approachable, even if she has a fiery on-court temper" :bowdown:

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
BTW You can vote more than once? :confused: :devil: I have some work to do

katiektc
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:00 PM
who would vote jcap pretty? and how is andre ahead of roger
Oh dear god i think andre is sex on legs!! Rog has a nice hairy chest but his face aint as delightful as Andre.
And I think Jcap is pretty!!

Nastyafan
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Nastya's third place isn't bad on principle, but Capriati's second place is just ridiculous. In other cases I would say the pool is dominated by Americans but Venus and Serena not even in top 10 excludes that possibility. Probably some Cap's fan has hacked the pool

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:09 PM
In the real world, Dinara just won a Tier II.
That could have been Anastasia, if she entered Paris.
Now Anastasia plays the winner of Safina/Golovin. A tough first match back.

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Nastya's third place isn't bad on principle, but Capriati's second place is just ridiculous. In other cases I would say the pool is dominated by Americans but Venus and Serena not even in top 10 excludes that possibility.Probably some Cap's fan has hacked the pool
LOL, Shhh...I'm trying myself :p

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Really? Gotta unplug myself from the Matrix more often, but training Nastya for hours is so fun.
Anyway Dinara got a little lucky with Serena but beating Momo in a tier 2 final in Paris seemed Mission Impossible.
And goldenlox please quit doing that "That could have been Anastasia, if she entered Paris/Tokyo/etc".

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:24 PM

That is the realest of most real worlds;)

Watching that final right now and damn, never seen Dinara so good. Quite brilliant, very powerful. Itīs gonna be a great challenge for Nastya and I hope she can make it...

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Last year, Dubai was after Qatar. This year, Doha is first, so after Antwerp, Anastasia goes for her threepeat in Qatar.
Then she plays Dubai, and skips IW. That makes no sense.

Nastyafan
Feb 13th, 2005, 06:22 PM
LOL, Shhh...I'm trying myself :p
It seems your effort is useless, now Cap is first. You can vote how many times you want, but it's not sure they count your votes, at least better change your IP. And I'm speaking about hackers who can add 100 or 1000 votes at once. Last year we had a girl at some model's competition. She had about 1000 votes for a mothth or so, but then the biggest showmen here appealed to vote for her. In hours she had 200 000 votes, next day - 3 millions. 3 days after she was .... disqualified.

Hmm, it seems Nastya's problems with Safin's family will continue. But let's hope her anger at Marat will help her to avenge on his sister

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Antwerp is a pretty good field. Maria is going to Doha, and that will make it tough to threepeat.
Dubai has Lindsay, Serena, Amelie, and Sveta.
So Anastasia is playing 3 very tough Tier II's.
And skipping IW.

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Threepeat....cool;)

By the way, Nastya is not going to play doubles and though I like her, I seriously hope that Ivanovic wonīt be in Nastyaīs quarter. *shiver*

Nastyafan
Feb 13th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Dubai is already tier 1 if you haven't noticed. And maybe it's better to play there than IW. She will be already in Middle East and there is need to win only 4 matches while in IW - 6. The bad thing is that Nastya would be either too tired or disappointed after Doha.

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I thought it was still a Tier II.
IW is a super Tier I. Almost double the money.
I think I know what Anastasia wants to do.
Threepeat in Doha, and repeat at RG.
Then threepeat in Moscow.

Nastyafan
Feb 13th, 2005, 08:02 PM
You look too far Spunky. I don't dare to look further than Dinara (Golovin).

BTW it seems you have lost your hope too and have one more fav.

Nastyafan
Feb 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM
They have double money, but almost fourfold participants, so the prizes aren't much higher. And I don't care about Nastya's money too much, I'm sure she has enough, I care for her ranking.
Yes, threepeats would be great, but she shouldn't count on that and to waste other opportunities like in Australia

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2005, 08:16 PM
You look too far Spunky. I don't dare to look further than Dinara (Golovin).

BTW it seems you have lost your hope too and have one more fav.

I think you are the one who looks to far as Dubai is a Tier II;)

Ivanovic? Like I already said, itīs pretty much impossible to turn me into a fan, but somehow I really like that girlīs game (no need for discussion here), sheīs going to have a bright future.

And no, that doesnīt mean I start to get less interested in Nastya...why the heck do people always say something like that to me. It wasnīt long ago when Justine fans claimed I only liked Nastya...ahhhh! Go away from me, all of you!!! :lol:

Next time I will just forget all of them and chose Masha as my one and only fave player. The hell with my signature :tape: :eek:

BTW: Lost my hope...we had this discussion already. I NEVER lose my hope when it comes to my faves, you should know that by know. Nfan, sometimes you really freak me out, but still I like you and your cloudy mind.

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I thought it was still a Tier II.
IW is a super Tier I. Almost double the money.
I think I know what Anastasia wants to do.
Threepeat in Doha, and repeat at RG.
Then threepeat in Moscow.

Itīs all about the threepeating;)...maybe she just wants to play the tourneys she wants to play, she likes Doha/Dubai, she doesnīt like the US, thereīs a system behind it. Not a smart one, but maybe an emotional one. Good for her, if she likes it.

Nastyafan
Feb 13th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Are you sure about Dubai. And think several people here said it's tier 1 already.
Don't get me wrong, nothing against Anna, I like her too, said that just because you have changed your sign and there isn't already 15th world #1

Nastyafan
Feb 13th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Sorry, it seems I'm mistaken, it's really tier 2 and even less money than Doha. Then it's really stupid to play there instead of IW but it's Nastya

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah, there's something weird with that voting page.

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Well, in 2003 Nastya made the third place...that is a weird list.

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Damn you Nfan, I was leadin 4 2 and now it's 4 5 :( GRR

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Sorry for the :topic:

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:23 PM
5 5 :woohoo:

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Lucas leads 6 5 :bowdown:

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Come on Yee cheer for me ;)

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:42 PM
I won 7-5 :bounce: Good game Nfan

Daniel
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:38 AM
I didnt know Dubai is Tier I now :eek: good but not enought to skip IW but wel it is her decision,

tough draw in Antewrp, seconr round might be tricky but i am sure she will win :)

Good luck :bounce: :kiss:

_LuCaS_
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Happy Valentine's Day to all :hearts: ( :smooch: 4 all the girlz in here )

Daniel
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks lucas for the kisses :p

Happy Valentine Day for u too :smooch:

katiektc
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Happy Valentine's Day to all :hearts: ( :smooch: 4 all the girlz in here )

Why thank u sugah! same to you and everybody else :kiss:

Spunky83
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Come on Yee cheer for me ;)

:rolleyes: I never cheer for my opponents :p

I am a bad loser!

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Sorry, it seems I'm mistaken, it's really tier 2 and even less money than Doha. Then it's really stupid to play there instead of IW but it's NastyaI don't understand this schedule.
But right now, I just want Anastasia to play better.
January was a wasted month.

Spunky83
Feb 14th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I have the feeling that Dubai pays a lot of money to get all the players...

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Anastasia is at #6 this week. Her lowest ranking since she was #7 last February.
She has to defend about 550 points from Dubai, Doha, and IW.
I think she'll stay in the top 10 until RG.
But she needs some wins.

Spunky83
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Hey, my fave russian Chakvetadze made it to Nastyaīs quarter;)

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Hey, my fave russian Chakvetadze made it to Nastyaīs quarter;)I think Anna plays Marrero. The winner plays Schnyder.

Spunky83
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I think Anna plays Marrero. The winner plays Schnyder.

No, the personified US Open-scare is in Nastyaīs quarter, playing Sprem. Marrero plays against Pin.

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:17 PM
I've read both Marrero and Sprem. But I haven't seen an official list of the full draw yet.

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, it's Sprem, who lost to Dinara last week in round 1.
Anastasia has a tough match in round 2.

Spunky83
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/2005/eng/tableau/tableauenkel.html?competitionround_id=1908 Itīs complete by now!

LOL@the schedule: Nastya has her first match on THURSDAY thx to Safina and Golvin. This is too weird.

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I'm just glad Anastasia gets a bye. If she doesn't start playing well, she may not have them this fall.

martirogi
Feb 14th, 2005, 06:05 PM
no byes this fall, u crazy

she'll have at least 2 titles by fall

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I didn't say she won't have them. But if her results are similar to January, she won't defend her points.
Just like in Australia.

I'm a little concerned.
Anastasia has not beaten a seed in her last 3 majors.
Only won 5 matches at those 3 majors.
Top level players do well at the majors.
Anastasia hasn't done well at a major since RG.

Spunky83
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:15 PM
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/2005/eng/inthepicture/

Click on Day3... :lol: ...first question: What kind of jacket is that??? Second: Hey, Trucker-Cap, looks kinda weird on her, but as I am a fan of Trucker-caps: :worship:

Conclusion: Donīt wear green Nastya, please.

Little text:
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/2005/eng/news/reactions/?Article_ID=74825

'Pressure is increasing'
14-02-2005
Anastasia Myskina is making her entree at the Proximus Diamond Games. The Russian winner of the French Open wants to become the world's number one this year.

"I'm happy to be here. This is my first time in Belgium. The hotel is good, the facilities are fine, the organisation perfect. Only, it rains too much."

"This year my main objective is to do better than last year, which will be difficult as people are expecting more from me. The pressure is definitely increasing. However, I still want to be able to enjoy my tennis above all. If I can, I will be the world's number one. Yes, that is my aim."

When Myskina saw the diamond racket, the eyes of the Russian winner of the French Open were twinkling. "I would like to have that in my house. Although it wasn't the racket that convinced me to come to Antwerp. I'm here because I like to play tennis."

She may have forgotten how to play tennis, but at least she hasnīt forgotten her dream and btw: donīt you have to make a "threepeat" to win that 1,3 Mio Dollar racket?

_LuCaS_
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:21 PM
And I thought Nfan was pesimist

martirogi
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:26 PM
:lol: that dark green isnt the best color for poor nastya, the hat would be alright its the jacket that scares me :tape:

Spunky83
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:34 PM
And I thought Nfan was pesimist

I donīt know Lucas...maybe she has decided to become a basketball-player now...or maybe NIKE accidently gave her the wrong clothes and Nastya was too kind to complain: "Uh...sorry, I donīt think that XXL will fit me...I mean no, itīs ok, thx!"

OMG that jacket is just sooo freaky :scared: :haha:

@Lucas: I just go with the flow...in asian culture, itīs better to be pessimistic than to be optimistic. I am serious. On the other side, I expect to see her this week on eurosport and with eurosport, I donīt mean eurosport 2, so my hopes are still alive, donīt worry;)

Nastyafan
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Indeed that isn't the best outfit of Nastya, it's like a raincoat, maybe she have had to go through the rain to the pressconference room.
Oh Nastya stop talking about #1, that's already almostt impossible, just play your game. Earlier I would have been happy to hear that, but now I lost belief in your words and they only increase the pressure on you.

Daniel
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:47 AM
:bounce: Good Luck Nastya :kiss: :banana:

_LuCaS_
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:49 AM
I donīt know Lucas...maybe she has decided to become a basketball-player now...or maybe NIKE accidently gave her the wrong clothes and Nastya was too kind to complain: "Uh...sorry, I donīt think that XXL will fit me...I mean no, itīs ok, thx!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Careful Spunky this is pure comedy ;)

OMG that jacket is just sooo freaky :scared: :haha:

yeah sure, I know you secretly want one :p

@Lucas: I just go with the flow...in asian culture, itīs better to be pessimistic than to be optimistic. I am serious. On the other side, I expect to see her this week on eurosport and with eurosport, I donīt mean eurosport 2, so my hopes are still alive, donīt worry;)
Well, being pessimistic ensures no let-downs but it's a sad living IMO. Your mental is strictly related to your body. Remember "mens sana in corpore sano" ? The only thing a pessimistic person can say is "I told you so :tape: "
I don't care, better luck next time. You should not be seduced by the Dark Side :angel:
And what is with the Asian culture? I always thought Asian people are friendly, smiling people. Cheer up guys :bounce: Nastya will do fine in ANtwerp. I can hardly wait to see her on Eurosport 1 ;)

katiektc
Feb 15th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Dont be so tough on Nastya guys, sure she has had a pretty poor start to the season, but so have about 23928392 other players>.. see vera/lena d/sveta ;)

She will sort it out and bring the goods on court again, just wait and see...trust the Ghetto Superstar!!! ;)

Spunky83
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Dont be so tough on Nastya guys, sure she has had a pretty poor start to the season, but so have about 23928392 other players>.. see vera/lena d/sveta ;)

She will sort it out and bring the goods on court again, just wait and see...trust the Ghetto Superstar!!! ;)

Ghetto Superstar :lol: ...great...hey maybe it was freezing cold outside and Cutie-J gave her his "nice" jacket. There must be a logical explanation for this!

@Lucas: Well, I donīt want that thing, but Ola actually likes it very much, she even put that pic up on a-m.comīs mainpage :tape:

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2005, 02:07 PM
I'm glad Anastasia is still talking about world #1.
She should keep her goals high.
But tennis is one match at a time. One point at a time.
Everyone Anastasia plays is going to be ready for a tough match.
So it's going to be more difficult this year.

martirogi
Feb 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM
@Lucas: Well, I donīt want that thing, but Ola actually likes it very much, she even put that pic up on a-m.comīs mainpage :tape:

that thing replaced sexy aussie open training nastya :sad:

Spunky83
Feb 15th, 2005, 02:52 PM
that thing replaced sexy aussie open training nastya :sad:

No come on :lol: ..."that thing" is definetly not part of her tennis-collection, but if you take a look at NIKEīs latest one, they have new stuff again...look:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/WANike.html

Nastyafan
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:14 PM
If "that thing" brings her luck probably I'll change my mind and will love it, but for the time being it doesn't look inpressive to me (maybe because I imagine her leaving the court in it losing in the second round:fiery: )

martirogi
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:26 PM
i really like those nike clothes. for nastya i chose the red top and red shorts. i like the skirt a lot but nastya playing in shorts seems to be lucky. also most others wear skirts so it makes nastya different and stand out.

_LuCaS_
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:58 PM
@ Kat :lol: Ghetto Superstar > Great :lol:
@ Spunky So me and Ola are the only with daaaaamn good taste around? :devil:
@ Nfan you are so crazy , I bet your home TV is covered in lucky charms and stuff

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Dinara and Golovin don't play until tomorrow.
Anastasia likes to play indoors. She complained about the heat in Australia.
So we should see better tennis this week.

_LuCaS_
Feb 15th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Your logical works fine :yeah:

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I'm hopeful. I know Anastasia can beat everyone in this draw.
I hope she goes after that diamond racket.

Nastyafan
Feb 15th, 2005, 05:45 PM
@ Nfan you are so crazy , I bet your home TV is covered in lucky charms and stuff
No, I have only two cups from bridge on my TV but I have never seen them as lucky charms, on the contrary I have a feeling that my TV is cursed therefore Nastya loses too often when I'm watching her live

_LuCaS_
Feb 15th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Lose the cups then...she'll win more often :)

PS: Come on msn Nfan, we have a match to play today Hope you don't walkover ;)

Nastyafan
Feb 15th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Oh, if I was sure it would help Nastya I would throw them through the window but I doubt.
I was awaiting you 3 hours yesterday on court but you didn't appear.
Well I'll give you second chance

Almalyk
Feb 16th, 2005, 03:52 AM
G-Dog Nastya! LOL! I think the photo is very funny! I wonder if she is doing it as a joke, or whether she really chose those clothes! Either way - she has a great sense of humour anyway.

Good luck on Thursday - against whoever you meet!

Daniel
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Go Nastya :kiss: :bounce:

_LuCaS_
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Good Luck !!! :bounce: :worship:

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Anastasia plays Thursday night. Her first match since Dechy in the AO round of 16.

martirogi
Feb 16th, 2005, 05:50 PM
night :mad:

a night match plus three more days in a row after that to win the title. im tired just thinking about it.

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2005, 05:52 PM
That's because Dinara hasn't played yet against Golovin. She's last on tonight.
Anastasia can handle this schedule. As long as she's playing well.

Nastyafan
Feb 16th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Again stupid schedule. I can't understand why Dinara had to play her first round match after the hafl of second round matches. I hoped they once made favourable schedule for Nastya, but no way.

Nastyafan
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Just read in the russian forum that according to Olga Morozova Nastya has been seriously ill and has took part in a carcrash before the departure for Antverp and has been very upset because of it. Not the best preconditions for a good tourney again:fiery:

Spunky83
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Just read in the russian forum that according to Olga Morozova Nastya has been seriously ill and has took part in a carcrash before the departure for Antverp and has been very upset because of it. Not the best preconditions for a good tourney again:fiery:

Really? Ouch...well however, as hard as it is, she has to somehow step over that and just play. Hey, you know what was the first thing Justine saw when she first came to the US to play a tourney years ago? A person who got shot to dead...blind it out, be selfish and just do your job.

Easy to say, I know...but maybe Kim can make it to the semis and gives Nastya a boost to play her.

Nastyafan
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:23 PM
But Nastya and Justine are exact opposites each other in view of their mentality. I doubt anuthing may disturb Justine and almost everything disturbs Nastya.

BTW You can come to cheer for me. I'm avenging Lucas now for you:kiss:

_LuCaS_
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:23 PM
She's been ill? Damn. Hope she feels fine right now and had some practice.

ys
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:12 PM
And so far the winner of Golovin-Safina match is definitely Anastasia.. :)

Dementinator
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:13 PM

Captain Dementinator here from the Bridge of the SS Dementieva currently on a slow cruise to California....

Hells thats a bitch! and a tough first 1st match to play as well! well lets hope NAstya is concentrating hard and not too pre occupied by the recent events and gets into her grooove quickly ,she will have no time for a slow start..

Good Luck Nastya ,I will show the match Live in our Cinema!!!

_LuCaS_
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:14 PM
And so far the winner of Golovin-Safina match is definitely Anastasia.. :)
Yep ;)

_LuCaS_
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:56 PM
So Nastya plays Golovin tomorrow
Good Luck :yeah:

ys
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Nastya will win. I have no doubts.

Spunky83
Feb 16th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Good Luck Nastya ,I will show the match Live in our Cinema!!!

You have a cinema? Cool...Iīd love to watch a Nastya match in the cinema! LOL

Spunky83
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:04 PM
So Tati probably wonīt sleep until 2:30- 3:00 am, terrific...hehe...

JLDementieva
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Good luck Nastya!!! :bounce:

Nastyafan
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:39 PM
A few hours to Nastya on court again

Please Nastya, forget everything else and enjoy on court and everything will be OK:kiss:

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I'm glad Anastasia is back on the court.
Lena D. is going to be out for a while with a finger bruise.

She's playing the 2 tournaments after this also.
That's a lot of tennis. It starts now.

miffedmax
Feb 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=goldenlox]I'm glad Anastasia is back on the court.
Lena D. is going to be out for a while with a finger bruise.

The vampire and the golden goddess--gotta love 'em both.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 02:54 PM
These 2 are older, almost 24. Their bodies have been pushed very hard for years.
It gets harder to stay healthy.
I want all the top players to play doubles at majors and Tier I's.
I think it keeps players around longer.
They enjoy it and they stay healthy.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Anna C. and Srebotnik are at 6-5 in the third. So if Anastasia can win, she'll play someone who had a tough match the day before.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Anastasia beat Golovin 6-4, 7-6 in a huge Fed Cup match. A must win.
Srebotnik plays the winner.

_LuCaS_
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Less than an hour until Nastya's European start
Come on girl !!! Dispose of the French teen easily :boxing:

ys
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:19 PM
These 2 are older, almost 24. Their bodies have been pushed very hard for years.

These two got it the hardest possible way. No red carpets like Kournikova/Sharapova/Kuznetsova/Safina had. No big sponsors. And the country was at its economical worst. Everything was hard, hard work with no guarantees, with very little at their disposal. I am very proud of them.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:26 PM
They have done a great job.
But no matter what your parents are like, no matter what your finances are, you have to win matches.
Anastasia and Lena have done that.
And they've been rewarded for it.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:42 PM
This match is about to start. If Anastasia wins, she moves back to Russian #2.
Maria will be in Qatar this year, trying to stop Anastasia's threepeat.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Anastasia is serving 5-3.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Anastasia leads 6-3, 6-6. Big tiebreak here.

KV
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Nastya won 6-4 FS. Good win though it wasn't Nastya at her best.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Nastya :banana: that was a close one
should have won it much earlier though :fierty:

vaiva
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I have no idea of Nastya's current form. No Eurosport2 = virtually no tennis :fiery:

But three tight sets against Golovin does not look promising. How was her serve? Still sucky? :p

Emptiness
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Not going to win with this form. Better pick it up soon. But i'm glad she had to fight.

Whose her next opponent? Sorry im out of the Tennis loop.

But three tight sets against Golovin does not look promising. How was her serve? Still sucky? :p
I bet her serve sucked all kinds of ass today. Like usual. :p

Nastyafan
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Oh thanks God! Nastya finaly won a tough match again.:worship:
How smart that I did't follow the score, I can't stand these thrillers. But when I came to chek the score after more than 2 hours the match was still in progres. :eek:
She has wasted MB in the second set. :smash: If she had lost the match....:fiery:

But she woooooon!!!:bounce: :worship: :woohoo: :banana:

Shoulderpova
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Not going to win with this form. Better pick it up soon. But i'm glad she had to fight.

Whose her next opponent? Sorry im out of the Tennis loop.

Vaiva i bet her serve was ass today. :p
Katarina Srebotnik who beat Anna Chakvetadze today:sad:
Nastya has big chance to get into SF where she will face either Clijster or Venus :tape:

Nastyafan
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Eurosport2 sucks too. They showed 3 times their darling Momo and no Nastya. I doubt anyone could tell us how she has played:confused:

jmcfarla
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Katarina Srebotnik who beat Anna Chakvetadze today:sad:
Nastya has big chance to get into SF where she will face either Clijster or Venus :tape:
:wavey:
Dangerous to think to far ahead, need to just focus on the Q/F.
Nastya is going to have to play well and stay focussed on her opponent.
It was a good win today, Golovin is a very tricky player. :worship:

_LuCaS_
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Nfan good thing you kept away from the scoreboard.......What a thriller :banghead:
She was out for 3 weeks, got ill during this period. Golovin had some long matches under the belt and fought hard. It could have been a disaster. But Nastya wanted this win so much, she got it.
WAY TO GO GIRL !!! :worship:

Spunky83
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:35 PM
OMG...at least my heart is working normally again. Nfan: Good for you, you wereīnīt following the score...that was really, really nerv-wracking. My heart made a serious drop when she lost that first service game in the third set to love...oh my...

Kim vs. Nastya in the semis...maybe Eurosport would show that out of respect towards Kim and not again Amelie...

Nastyafan
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah I knew it will be very tough. On one hand I'm glad she won in this way, for quite a while she hadn't won a tough match, I was afraid she has lost her fighting spirit, she needed such a win to revive it. On the other hand maybe she lost too much energy in these 10 extra-games and that may prove fatal in next days.
But we will think about it tomorrow, now just be happy:worship:

Emptiness
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Wow Kam i think i just choked on my tongue. You, being just happy. :p

I hope Katarina Srebotnik gives Anastasia a good battle tommorow, not too good of course. :)

Spunky83
Feb 17th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Wow Kam i think i just choked on my tongue. You, being just happy. :p

I hope Katarina Srebotnik gives Anastasia a good battle tommorow, not too good of course. :)

Double Bagle please...

Nastyafan
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Good battle:fiery: . Wasn't tonight's one enough?
At least tomorrow Nastya should win easily. She will need a rest before SF

_LuCaS_
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Nastya is 1-3 against Katarina (99 last defeat tho). Nastya is the underdog here :lol:

Almalyk
Feb 18th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Keep winning Anastasia - a nice QF match up for you! Nice to see you back to Russian #2 also. All the best for tomorrow - much quicker than today please!

Daniel
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Go NAstya :kiss:

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Anastasia led 6-4 in the tiebreak, and lost 4 straight points.
So I'm just happy she got a win.
She should beat Srebotnik. If she doesn't, she wasn't going to win the semi.

Spunky83
Feb 18th, 2005, 02:52 PM
She should beat Srebotnik. If she doesn't, she wasn't going to win the semi.

:confused: Huh?

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2005, 03:00 PM
She's not winning this semi unless she plays her best tennis.
So if she loses tonight, she's way off form this week.
Anastasia needs to improve her play to move forward.

_LuCaS_
Feb 18th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I already told Spunky that, if Nastya passes Golovin she'll be in the final. So far so good. :yeah:

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2005, 03:51 PM
This semifinal will be tough. But first it's Srebotnik, and I hope this is 2 sets, unlike last night.

Spunky83
Feb 18th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Itīs maybe a little bit inappropriated to say this but damn, no matter what happens we, as the stupid eurosport viewers wonīt have the chance to watch Nastyaīs match anyway cause they will show the match on tape at 17:30h, meaning first sf between Mauresmo/Molik. The second semifinal is a late match at 19:30h which is totally unfair towards the winner of that match and meaning no chance to watch that match...damn...so another reason why Nastya has to reach the final!!!

Come on Nastya!!!!!! Hope some nice people will cover the match on the board again;)

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, well at least you Eurosport viewers get some tennis.

All we get in the US these days is basketball, a sport I am perfectly happy to blame on the Canadians.

Spunky83
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:29 PM
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/2005/nl/live/index.html?match_id=4702&language_id=1 if you wanna follow live and on dutch;)...itīs a live score with description

KV
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Nastya on her way to the semi. Nastya leads 7-6(6) 3-0

JLDementieva
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:44 PM
YAY! Nastya won 7-6, 6-2! :bounce: :aparty:

KV
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Well done to reach the semi. :D

_LuCaS_
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Now kick some venus ass on your way to the final :bounce:
Damn Momosport and their obsession. I'll only get to see Nastya in the final it seems
GOOD LUCK :yeah:

Nastyafan
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Oh well done Nastya!:yeah: :kiss:
I didn't dare to check the score earlier and we have had another tough set Nastya almost has lost. :scared:
But you will have to play much better tomorrow, Venus seems in great form but make her beat herself again. ;)
And night match again.:fiery: I thought only Americans make so stupid and unfair schedule but it seems the greed for some hundreds dollars has infected Europe too.:devil:

jmcfarla
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Great Victory :worship:
Got a little nervy in the latter stages of the first set.:scared:
But hey it would not be a Nastya match if she didn't put her fans through a little bit of hell. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow, hopefully Nastya will raise her game to the level she needs. ;)

Spunky83
Feb 18th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Match-report is up on a-m.com (you know....link in my signature).

Is it just me or is YS trying to make us Nastya fans look bad in GM? Calling Venus brainless wonīt help us. I donīt like some of the Venus-fansī comments either, but I think itīs stupid to take these out on the players.

martirogi
Feb 18th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I have a very confident feeling nastya will beat venus tomorrow. has she ever done this before?

martirogi
Feb 18th, 2005, 11:01 PM
nevermind i think i should be banned from nastya forum for asking that

Nastyafan
Feb 18th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the report. Did you watch the match or it's from live-score thread?

Well YS is a bit nasty in GM but Venus' fans are soooooooo arrogant again. :devil: I hardly refrained from answering but will have a lot to cite tomorrow if Nastya wins. Unfortunately the chance doen't look very good, but let's hope.

Lol, martirogi you really should be banned for this question:fiery: :lol:

Shoulderpova
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Go Nastya :worship: Beat Venus again Nastya :bowdown:

ys
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Me nasty? I was very respectful, in fact.. :)

martirogi
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:45 AM

people were beating up on u all day. first in the friday score thread then in that one in gm. poor ys :sad: :wavey:

Emptiness
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah, well at least you Eurosport viewers get some tennis.

All we get in the US these days is basketball, a sport I am perfectly happy to blame on the Canadians.Pfft, two words: American football. :p

Theres been a 'Venus vs. Anastasia fans'? Well we should just be respectful of other people's opinions and try not to rise to their bait. Just be like Anastasia and quietly steal a win. And if that falls, ruthlessly make fun of Venus's Sport's Illustrated photos. :)

Yay! I really hope Anastasia wins tommorow... those diamonds belong under her fingers. :lick:

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Congrats Anastasia! All the best versus Venus - I agree with Nastyafan - hit the ball down the centre of the court and give her no angles. Play a smart game please!

Lol at all the messages in GM- I hope Anastasia routs Venus to tell you the truth. I hope Venus has one of those mistake ridden days that she can have. I also hope Anastasia will get a lot of first serves into play.

Thanks for the report on A-M.net Spunky. I got caught reading it at work (they gave me a spanking). :rolleyes:

Good luck Anastasia! Bring your brain on Saturday! :worship:

_LuCaS_
Feb 19th, 2005, 11:11 AM
LOL ys, wicked GM huh? I had enough :tape:
This is the real test for Nastya since the YEC.
But it will be a crowd tonight on Antwerp thread :armed:
We'll be clearly outnumbered but I trust our girl to silence the barbarian horde :lol:

Spunky83
Feb 19th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Sorry ys, but I just have the opinion that the fans should behave like the players does, so let the Williams fans make noise and do whatever they think is right to do. There are already enough players on board which are hated just because they donīt like their fans (in Shara :tape:īs case itīs both) and itīs a pity if that happens to Nastya, it cheapens her and us, so be nice, the only thing which can change opinions is when Nastya wins that match, so just look forward;)

"hit the ball down the centre of the court and give her no angles. Play a smart game please!"...you can also take that as a metaphor for us beating the venus-crowd :cool:

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 02:45 PM
These tiebreaks are exciting. This is Anastasia's third match, and she's playing 3 straight weeks.
So win or lose, she has a lot of tennis to play.
I hope she wins, but this is a tough match.

_LuCaS_
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I wish her all the luck today !!! :bigclap:

Nastyafan
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:27 PM
It was a must schedule so far Nastya. Now show that you are back on track! And shut the "barbarian horde" up!:tape: They are soooo annoying. :devil: And the black mamba promised to be ready next time for you. Show her she should be ready only to be kicked by your beautiful legs.:angel:
Of course I won't have nerves to follow the match live, but will be with you with all my heart and soul and will pray for you:hearts: :inlove: :bowdown:

Spunky83
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Hey, could please someone keep me uptodate during the match later? Iīll go out with a few friends, so could anyone send me livescores after every set? Just write an email to Amelia-Island@gmx.de, I check those with me mobile. So can anyone do that? THX

Nastyafan
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Obviously I can't. But better just enjoy the evening Spunky, the news may spoil yor humour:sad: ( oops i forgot nothing can spoil it:) )

Spunky83
Feb 19th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Obviously I can't. But better just enjoy the evening Spunky, the news may spoil yor humour:sad: ( oops i forgot nothing can spoil it:) )

:lol: ...yeah, not only that I have a f****** shoulder injury that keeps me off any court for the next half year, I also managed to cut my left finger whilst cooking...and I still smile...maybe itīs a disfunction I was born with, a never ending smile on my face :confused: :lol:

Ahhh...so who can send me the scores? Please!!! Iīll choke on my cocktail if I donīt get the score :sad:

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:53 PM
The Qatar draw is out. Anastasia is the #3 seed, with a bye.
But first things first.

no1mariafan
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Hope Nastya gets to the semis for a rematch ;)

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:57 PM
She's in the semis in a few minutes. A rematch of the FO quarters.

vaiva
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Ahhh...so who can send me the scores? Please!!! Iīll choke on my cocktail if I donīt get the score :sad:

I'll save your life and send you those damn scores, relax ;)

Spunky83
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Hey, could please someone keep me uptodate during the match later? Iīll go out with a few friends, so could anyone send me livescores after every set? Just write an email to Amelia-Island@gmx.de, I check those with me mobile. So can anyone do that? THX

Uhhh...I just wanted to remind someone of you, whoever that is;)

Hope itīs gonna be good

Spunky83
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I'll save your life and send you those damn scores, relax ;)

thanx;)...Iīll freak out my friends by constantly checking my mobile

pav
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Good luck to Nastya in a few minutes!

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Anastasia is down 0-3 after one break. She will have to raise her level a lot to win this.
This ain't Golovin or Srebotnik.

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Now 3-5 down, now 3-6.

saab95
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:32 PM
The beginning of the match from Venus was amazing, then Myskina managed to return one or two good serve from Williams and things started to be more complicated for the American... The second set should be close 3-6 3-1

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Now on serve, 6-3, 3-4.

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:57 PM
1-1 in the third. Very exciting

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Nastya playing better and better
3-3 in 3rd

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Venus won 6-3, 3-6, 6-3. Now it's on to Qatar.
Trying to threepeat.
Anastasia plays the winner of Martinez and Benesova.
Conchita won Pattaya. Not an easy draw.

vaiva
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Well, damn those diamonds.

According to Eurosport, Nastya was furious with the chair umpire when she wasted 3 BPs in the final set and lost the plot afterwards. What happened?

martirogi
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:29 PM
sigh

venus is gonna a lot of crap about how wonderful she feels and she's getting back to her level bla bla bla

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I didn't see the match. But the scoreline makes me think that Anastasia played pretty well.
Her draw is tough in Qatar. Every round.

jmcfarla
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I didn't see the match. But the scoreline makes me think that Anastasia played pretty well.

It was pretty even.

Venus started on fire and went 4-0 up before Nastya knew what had hit her, by the time she started to player, (she broke and held to make it 4-2) the first set was gone.

The second set she started playing a lot of short balls, and it looked as though Venus couldn't deal with any ball that had no pace. When the chances came Nastya took them and broke twice (although she was broken once herself)

The third was strange. Nastya took control and started firing shots, but Venus kept retrieving them. It was tight, but one break was enough and Venus held on. (venus also played a lot better in the third)

It's strange you wonder if Nastya had kept playing short no pace balls and putting the emphasis on Venus to win the match she may well have won the third set quite easily. But the second set gave her confidence and she went away from the plan that had been working. Williams seemed to gain confidence from all the good work she was doing in defence.

You can't really blame Nastya for going for it and trying to win the match, rather than waiting for Venus to lose. And it's not as though she played the third set badly. She had break points on Venus's serve (which had been untouchable all week until Nastya got a hold of it) and it was a few loose point in one service game and that was the match.

All in all a good exciting match (even if it had a lot of errors) and Nastya certainly didn't let herself down.

Somebody had to lose and unfortunately today it was Nastya. :sad:

She does look in pretty good form for the coming weeks :yeah:

martirogi
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:48 PM
its all nfan's fault. he was slighty positive about the match. she only wins when he's completely sure she'll lose.

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2005, 07:50 PM
After what happened in Australia, I'm glad Anastasia is getting back to her best form.
Venus has won 4 majors, and played in the finals of 10 majors.
So I'm disappointed, but looking forward to Anastasia winning titles, and getting all her confidence back.

_LuCaS_
Feb 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM
:bigcry: So close..... Well Good Luck in Doha Nastya ! :hug:

Emptiness
Feb 19th, 2005, 08:14 PM
BooooOOOoooo. This is bad thing to wake up to.

Nastyafan
Feb 19th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Damn Nastya,:crying2: :crying2: :crying2:
I turned TV only to see probably your sloppies games of the match. What cances missed at 2-2 and what silly errors at the net in last 2 games and DF to tank the break. :fiery: You had this match girl, whyyyy?:sad: :smash:
Still there were positive signs - good fighting spirit and desire. But what's the use when in the end of the day only the wins counts and the diamond racket will be in the hand of one of players I hate most:devil: :fiery:

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Nastya - at least it wasn't a rout - some good signs here I think. Good luck in the Middle East. Defend your title next week.

Spunky83
Feb 20th, 2005, 12:04 AM
So...I guess I can call this one an "ok-loss", I have the feeling sheīs going to be on fire to show a good performance in Doha...come on whatīs better than to play at one of her fave tourneys with the chance to make it three in a row?

If you go down, go down in style and with a fight...nice Nastya;) Of course would have been better to win but well, you canīt have everything. I think itīs going up now...gooooooo Dooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Greenout
Feb 20th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Hi gang- so it was an error prone match for Vampire. When she is
truly on, there is no UE at all. Percise, like surgeon's knife cuts.

I was worried, since she had the easier draw- and less pressure not
having to face Kimmy, unlike Venus did sooo..

I feel good about DOHA. There's motivation there for her, and she's proved
to us that when it comes to returning to the scene of the crime and
defending titles Myskina is the one to beat!

Welcome back Vampire!!!!!

Daniel
Feb 20th, 2005, 06:43 AM
dissapointin g loss to Venus :fiery: :sad:

goodluck in Doha, draw seems to be tough again, maybe QF vs Bovina and semis vs Sharapova :eek:

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Good luck Anastasia- I like her chances against Maria if they meet in the semi-finals. I still think Nastya will still have the edge. Doha is likely to be slow, with heavy conditions.

I want to see fire and passion and rage in her eyes when she is defending her title. Winner after winner, mixed with the odd ace!

Focus, have fun & Good luck!

Spunky83
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Hi gang- so it was an error prone match for Vampire. When she is
truly on, there is no UE at all. Percise, like surgeon's knife cuts.

I was worried, since she had the easier draw- and less pressure not
having to face Kimmy, unlike Venus did sooo..

I feel good about DOHA. There's motivation there for her, and she's proved
to us that when it comes to returning to the scene of the crime and
defending titles Myskina is the one to beat!

Welcome back Vampire!!!!!

:lol: Youīre truly a talented writer ;)

No, seriously I think Greeny hit the bullīs eye by what he said here (hehe). I have a pretty good feeling too for Doha, the crowd loves her and damn, I want to see that semifinal between the grunter and Nastya!!! :bounce:

Greenout
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:29 PM
:lol: Youīre truly a talented writer ;)

No, seriously I think Greeny hit the bullīs eye by what he said here (hehe). I have a pretty good feeling too for Doha, the crowd loves her and damn, I want to see that semifinal between the grunter and Nastya!!! :bounce:

Ohh. There was a clip on CNN World Sport today of seconds
on Vampire-vs-Venus. And I do have to say she looked fired
up, emotional and complaining about a bad line call. Yes,
awake, very awake. Everyone's going on upstairs up at GM
(well, everyone that's a WS fan at least :tape: ) about how
great Vee looked, blah, blah Well, let me tell you our
Vampire looked better than Venus did- so there! Touche!

One thing good about Myskina is that unlike certain players
(cough, JHH, cough) she doesn't have that big of a personal
moan about changing surfaces one week to the next.
Indoor, outdoor, kitty litter whatever- it doesn't matter.
Bring it on!!!

Great to see my team (Amelie, Patty, Msykina, and even ED)
heading to DOHA. The crowd last year was fantastic, might
I add. The Middle East crowds are superb; they get really into it.

:)

Spunky83
Feb 20th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Yep...Iīd rather see a raquet throwing, Cutie-J verbally abusing, determined eyes and freaked out Nastya on court (like yesterday) than the sad looking, depressed and dead-calm version of hers (like vs. Dechy).

Sounds weird but I guess she never had a better loss then yesterday, it showed her that she just needs to take one more step to get through and in Doha she will take that step, especially with the chance to kick the butt of the russian who has taken her number one-status. Gooooooooo!!!!

_LuCaS_
Feb 20th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Ohh. There was a clip on CNN World Sport today of seconds
on Vampire-vs-Venus. And I do have to say she looked fired
up, emotional and complaining about a bad line call. Yes,
awake, very awake. Everyone's going on upstairs up at GM
(well, everyone that's a WS fan at least :tape: ) about how
great Vee looked, blah, blah Well, let me tell you our
Vampire looked better than Venus did- so there! Touche!

I love the CNN Sport clips, and would kill for the Nastya-Venus one.
Good to hear these comments from a Venus compatriote :yeah:
Doha here we come :bounce:

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Hope Nastya gets to the semis for a rematch ;)Anastasia has a very difficult draw.
That semi with Maria is far away.

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Anastasia is playing doubles with Ai, who often plays with Lena D.

_LuCaS_
Feb 20th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Ai has been quite off her form in singles...many 1r losses. :unsure:

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Anastasia might have to beat 2 Wimbledon champions to make the final.
Martinez played well to win Pattaya.
This will be difficult. Every round.

martirogi
Feb 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM
i love ai :hearts:

this is such good news :dance: is this their second time together or did they play before bali

_LuCaS_
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Threepeat :bounce:

Emptiness
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:24 PM
One thing good about Myskina is that unlike certain players
(cough, JHH, cough) she doesn't have that big of a personal
moan about changing surfaces one week to the next.
Indoor, outdoor, kitty litter whatever- it doesn't matter.
Bring it on!!! Of course since each surface has been her "favourite" for some period of time. :rolleyes::p

I'm feeling pretty upbeat about this lost now, the fire in her is back. Bring on the freak outs. :)

I didn't know there were CNN Sports clips of tennis!!!!!
Ahs now im sad about all the clips i've missed. :sad:

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Good luck Anastasia! Concentrate on every round. You will need to but this title is yours for the taking.

Daniel
Feb 21st, 2005, 08:40 AM
indeed, she needs to be focus and dont think too much about the title, focus every match .
Good luck :clap2:

_LuCaS_
Feb 21st, 2005, 09:38 AM
She has the Gods on her side here, don't worry :angel: Bring on the mist :lol:

Spunky83
Feb 21st, 2005, 12:21 PM
She has the Gods on her side here, don't worry :angel: Bring on the mist :lol:

Hehe...the mystic cat? Hadnīt there also been a cat during one of Nastyaīs AusOpen matches 2004? Or was it a rat? I think it was a cat...weird, weird, weird.

Hey, does anyone know how much that special juweller trophy is worth, Nastya would receive for īthreepeatingī?

_LuCaS_
Feb 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM
It was a cat alright :cat: and a terrible mist.

Almalyk
Feb 21st, 2005, 06:13 PM
About the threepeat - doesn't she have to win it twice more to get the trophy? I thought that that idea was only established last year, and her first win at Doha doesn't count.

As for black cats, I have one, and Nastya is like a black cat. Stealthy and fast. I hope she can play well in this tournament again. It will be awesome to see a tittle by her name in 2005 ASAP.

martirogi
Feb 21st, 2005, 07:00 PM
are all of nastya's big wins in straight sets? i thought about this when she dropped the first to venus the other day.

at frech open def cap, venus, demen in 2
at kremlin def davy, demen in 2
at yec def davy, demen in 2
doha def cap in 2

olympics lost to justine in 3
at yec lost to serena and sharapova in 3

Almalyk
Feb 21st, 2005, 11:09 PM
are all of nastya's big wins in straight sets? i thought about this when she dropped the first to venus the other day.

at frech open def cap, venus, demen in 2
at kremlin def davy, demen in 2
at yec def davy, demen in 2
doha def cap in 2

olympics lost to justine in 3
at yec lost to serena and sharapova in 3

True!

All her early matches in Kremlin Cup in 2004 were extended to 3-sets when she should have won more easily. She then defeated higher ranked opponents in straght sets.

Both her victories over Davenport ( :fiery: ) were with the same scoreline 7-6 6-4 right?

martirogi
Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:53 AM
yea kremlin was 64, 76 and yec was 76, 64

martirogi
Feb 22nd, 2005, 01:20 AM
ok i checked. nastya was 10-9 vs top 10 players last year. the only 3 set win was against rubin at aussie open. so....

when nastya is playing a top player and she drops a set run away scared.

Almalyk
Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:16 AM
ok i checked. nastya was 10-9 vs top 10 players last year. the only 3 set win was against rubin at aussie open. so....

when nastya is playing a top player and she drops a set run away scared.

Lol - True though!
So when she wins the first set (against a top player) it's a great idea to keep watching then! :lick:

Daniel
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:31 AM
in 2005 she doesnt have any wins vs top players, :( in Doha she will have a chance to beat Maria and maybe Mauresmo, tons of quality points.

Go Nastya :kiss:

_LuCaS_
Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:32 AM
I think it's time for some top 10 wins and Doha is the ideal place for sure :boxing:

Spunky83
Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:55 AM
yea kremlin was 64, 76 and yec was 76, 64

Yep, last year Lindsay only lost three tiebreaks, two of those she lost to Nastya...who says the player with the better serve always wins;)?

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
I'm looking forward to this week.
Vera defended her title last week.
This is the second Russian title defense of 2005.
And Anastasia going for a threepeat makes this extra special.

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:39 PM
Anastasia and Ai play doubles today.
I'm surprised she's playing doubles here.
I hope she's back with Vera in Miami.

Spunky83
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
Nastya was watching the Maleeva - Hantuchova match...already preparing for the QF? lol

Ahhh...I hope I get to see her match tomorrow;)

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
Then she should scout Bovina :bounce:

Spunky83
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Then she should scout Bovina :bounce:

Match of the tall girls...I donīt know, I think Hantuchova would win that one. I think that Bovina still needs more match-experience after her injury-time off.

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:39 PM
Bovina beat her easily in Moscow. I think she's a better player than Hantuchova.
But in GM, people are picking Martinez to win tomorrow.

_LuCaS_
Feb 22nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
Bovina beat her easily in Moscow. I think she's a better player than Hantuchova.
But in GM, people are picking Martinez to win tomorrow.
"people" are :retard:

Almalyk
Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Anastasia has always said that Conchita was one of her least favourite players (on court that is). This is because of her shot variety, loopy balls, slice etc. I still expect a straight sets win, but Conchita will probably try to annoy Anastasia.

Spunky83
Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:27 PM
Centre Court (from 15.00hrs)
1. Molik vs. Pratt
2. Dulko vs. Sharapova (NB 16.30hrs)
3. Martinez vs. Myskina
4. Mauresmo vs. Ivanovic (NB 19.30hrs)

Great, so how great is the chance that Molik and Sharapova will both need three sets (and in Sharapovaīs case lose in three Tie-breakers) so that I can see Nastyaīs match on eursport which starts second coverage of the day at 17:30hrs (19:30hrs Doha)?

So my prefered results from tomorrow would be:
Molik def. Pratt: 7-6 6-7 7-6
Dulko def. Sharapova: 6-7 7-6 7-6

19:30hrs: Myskina def. Martinez in two brilliant played straight sets with zero UEs
enough time to cover Anaīs match...

A girl can dream, canīt she? ;)

Paco
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
Centre Court (from 15.00hrs)
1. Molik vs. Pratt
2. Dulko vs. Sharapova (NB 16.30hrs)
3. Martinez vs. Myskina
4. Mauresmo vs. Ivanovic (NB 19.30hrs)

Great, so how great is the chance that Molik and Sharapova will both need three sets (and in Sharapovaīs case lose in three Tie-breakers) so that I can see Nastyaīs match on eursport which starts second coverage of the day at 17:30hrs (19:30hrs Doha)?

So my prefered results from tomorrow would be:
Molik def. Pratt: 7-6 6-7 7-6
Dulko def. Sharapova: 6-7 7-6 7-6

19:30hrs: Myskina def. Martinez in two brilliant played straight sets with zero UEs
enough time to cover Anaīs match...

A girl can dream, canīt she? ;)

It will be great.

_LuCaS_
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:20 PM
Or a rain delay :umbrella:

Spunky83
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:23 PM
Haha...or maybe the cat will come back...like today and just wonīt go

_LuCaS_
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
What's with all these cats? they get special treatment in Qatar?
Anyway have you seen the world's most unique tennis court, the Helipad of the Burj Al Arab? They have pics on GHetto.....O M G