PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM
:eek: This thread needs some serious bumping!

What are you talking about... Anastasia's and Elena's health are tangible things. So is the world existing. I didn't imply at all that you should be content with unfulfilled wishes. Instead i tried to get you and others out of thinking in extremes.

My whole post was just a really roundabout way of saying appreciate what has transpired and been achieved, keep your aspirations alive but treat them with care, and allow yourself to feel disappointment but don't drown in it. It really isn't life or death, its just tennis, just a game, its doesn't even directly affect us. Take a step back and laugh about stupid things like this (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/matrixpong.html).

First round losses warrants some negativity but its not like Anastasia is going to go hang herself now or anything. Next week is a whole nother tournament.
http://www.imagelink.org/id30625.gif

Is the website really really slow for anyone? Its takes like a minute for it to load a page. http://www.imagelink.org/id31205.gif

:lol: This clip is great!!! Thx;)...took me ten seconds to download with my super-highspeed internet.

Empti, I start to like you more and more (not that I havenīt liked you before), youīre right with the stuff youīre saying. I mean sheīs healthy and apparently she wasnīt that much pissed off after that defeat and I really donīt feel sheīs going to suck now or whatever....and if so...still just tennis. I really canīt devote all my emotional daily life to a person I donīt even really know and who doesnīt even know me...(oh my God, Nfan is going to kill me for this last sentence). Well, all I wanted to say is that I wonīt have bad days just because she lost in a Tier II tourney.

Funny clip but why again with damn chinese (no offence Spunky)

I think itīs japanese...God, Nfan, youīre always sooo emotional. Stop it!

Daniel :kiss: back at ya;)

goldenlox
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:08 PM
:eek: This thread needs some serious bumping!;)Only if it has something to do with tennis.
Anastasia said she'll play some practice matches to get ready for the AO.

This is an important major. If Anastasia doesn't do well, this whole trip to Australia was a waste of time.

the cat
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Well said GL. I wonder in Nastya had a long enough off season before coming to Australia. I have my doubts.

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Only if it has something to do with tennis.

Well, you know what I meant :lol: ...ups! I didnīt see this coming....

goldenlox
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:25 PM
This is an important time for Anastasia.
She has to be ready for next week.
If she leaves Australia with no points, it's going to be tough to stay Russian #1.

Emptiness
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks Spunky, i like you too. [As if that wasn't apparent already!] http://www.imagelink.org/id36204.gif

And Glox we were talking about tennis. Anastasia's suckitude at tennis. See? Tennis. Anastasia. Sucks. Tennis. http://www.imagelink.org/id30820.gif

Hmms yep. I really think she will lose number one Russian sometime this year. I also think Nadia has a better chance of being the next Russian to win a grand slam than Vera. And not just because of recent events.

goldenlox
Jan 12th, 2005, 04:36 PM
If Anastasia doesn't compete better than she did in Sydney, she will definately lose Russian #1.

But Anastasia is capable of winning the AO.
And I think she played well in Melbourne in 2004.

I'm staying optimistic. But I was more optimistic last week.

Nastyafan
Jan 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I'm not going to kill you Spunky. Of course everyone has emotional life not related with tennis. The tennis emotions may affect the rest of my life more than yours but that's normal, everyone is a different personality. I said that your eternal happiness and black humour in moments when I want to cry makes me crazy, maybe my dark monologues irritate you too but we should accept that. Everyone express his support as he feels and can.

I wonder what "has something to do with tennis" in GL's opinion. Is it necessary every post to contain "has to" to be tennis related? I want much more Nastya to do what she "has to" but unfortunately she doesn't always and that and the discussion about the reasons for that are no less related than the endless reiteration of one and the same empty slogans

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I'm not going to kill you Spunky. Of course everyone has emotional life not related with tennis. The tennis emotions may affect the rest of my life more than yours but that's normal, everyone is a different personality. I said that your eternal happiness and black humour in moments when I want to cry makes me crazy, maybe my dark monologues irritate you too but we should accept that. Everyone express his support as he feels and can.

I wonder what "has something to do with tennis" in GL's opinion. Is it necessary every post to contain "has to" to be tennis related? I want much more Nastya to do what she "has to" but unfortunately she doesn't always and that and the discussion about the reasons for that are no less related than the endless reiteration of one and the same empty slogans

Nfan ;)

Yeah, of course everyone deals with these kind of stuff differently, with you being a very special kind of human :kiss: .

Well, you know for me this thread is not only about Nastya or her tennis, but also about talking to you nice guys about...well things and feelings which come up because of tennis.

Emptiness
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Talking about tennis in the strictest sense 24/7 would bore me to tears, as it would mostly involve facts and statistics. Its not very often those things can capture and hold my attention, i rather talk about things that can't be defined. [And at this point Glox will tell me to goto Non-Tennis :p]. Anyways, I like how the thread is.. a good balance of tennis talk and conversation.

http://www.imagelink.org/id35113.gif Hey Nfan...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/signs/sign20.jpg
Let god into your life!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/signs/sign2.jpg
Ah. The wisdom of the church.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/signs/sign23.jpg
Truer words have never been spoken, or um written.

The Australian Open starts in just 4 days. http://www.imagelink.org/id31207.gif

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:31 PM
...and we have 24 hours to go until we can talk tennis again...the draw will be made by then;)

Nastyafan
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:50 PM
No way to let God into my life, Empty, too late to me.
Nastya is the only my goddess and I will pray only to her:bowdown:

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:28 AM
I donīt want to be mean (and I CANīT SLEEP!)...so I just put my computer back on and checked the livescoring...Petrova is down 3-6 1-3 at the moment against my formidable country-woman. I have the feeling China gets a new hero. Maybe this is the end of the russian era and the chinese one is starting which would be like 5 years earlier than I had predicted...oh 2-3 in the second.

Ok, Iīve just got to do this: PENG your way through the match;)

A least this would make Nastyaīs loss less embaressing....oh 2-4. That girl really must be awesome, I hope eurosport will show it tomorrow, I wanna see it with my own eyes! ...OH MY...Petrova retired...what happened? Canīt believe that Peng is in the semis! You got it here, all live written by me, totally tired, but unable to sleep...ok...I guess Iīll go back to sleep now...now this was tennis related!

Almalyk
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Peng is playing amazing tennis!!

Anastasia needs to forget about her though, and hopefully she won't be in her draw in Melbourne.

Time to move up and on..... Hopefully to AO Champion!

Spunky you are up so late! I should be working though!

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Peng is playing amazing tennis!!

Anastasia needs to forget about her though, and hopefully she won't be in her draw in Melbourne.

Spunky you are up so late! I should be working though!

I donīt know I couldnīt sleep. I really didnīt want to follow the livescore, I mean had to wake up at 7 to go to work, but I am still awake, well, at least university doesnīt start until 4pm for me tomorrow;)...hey, I have to adjust to Aussie Time a bit, the Open is coming up next...no, seriously I have trouble sleeping since I came back from my holidays, but I am not tired either during the day, so...itīs ok

the cat
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Nastya needs a good Australian Open after earely exits at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. And losing to Peng should give her the rest she needs to make that good run in Melbourne.

Emptiness
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Just as long as you don't turn into a insomniac Yee Wah, its hell. http://www.imagelink.org/id30748.gif

This Peng thing stinks of a fluke. What a weak lower half of the draw Sydney has turned out to be. If Peng makes it to the semis wow women's tennis should just keel over and die. http://www.imagelink.org/id30681.gif I'm sure Peng is a good player in her own right but... she must have some wonderful karma.

Its a shame Nadia is injured again.

the cat
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Peng is pretty good and you have to give her that. She rolled through Myskina and Petrova so she has to be pretty good.

Emptiness
Jan 13th, 2005, 01:01 AM
I did give her that?

ys
Jan 13th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Nastya said in her interview in Sydney: "I have no conflict with any tennis player. If it exists, it is only with a father of one player. And I have nothing at all against Sharapova herself. She is an outstanding tennis player, who had brilliant results last year."

Daniel
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Nastya get ready for the AO, she will be seeded #3 , wish she gets an easy draw, and doesnt lose early :)

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Nastya said in her interview in Sydney: "I have no conflict with any tennis player. If it exists, it is only with a father of one player. And I have nothing at all against Sharapova herself. She is an outstanding tennis player, who had brilliant results last year."

...and no word about Sharapovaīs characateristics, but hey, sheīs an "outstanding" player ;)

Ok, so Sydney has to be the weirdest tourney of all time...two Aussies, one chinese and just one russian in the semis? HELLO?!? What happened? This must be a consipiracy!

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Just imagine...first round Peng again;)...ahhhhh! I hope she will meet one of those players she never has problems with.

Epigone
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Really you are such a masochist to have Anastasia as your favourite player. http://www.imagelink.org/id36210.gif
I just noticed this comment.

I am a fan of Nastya's Superfriend, and of Nadia.

I must be a masochist :banghead: :shrug:

BTW, I watched Peng play Nadia today. She played well, but I think Nastya should have defeated her.

Nastyafan
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I don't find how Peng's win over Petrova makes Nastya's loss better. What should it prove? That Peng is soooo good, better than Nastya and Nadya? Then Nastya's days in top 10 are counted, she will be ousted from there soon by Peng and another upcoming players. Nooo, I would rather believe that the injury, the heat, the wind, the humidity... the devils have prevented Nastya from playing even 20% of her best than to accept that Peng has been too good for her

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM
From GM:

Yes, she was walking around by herself, going to see some mens qualifying matches. She looked quite relax!!

Later on, I saw Tommy Haas by himself at the park as well, chatting on his mobile phone!!!

And then, I saw Myskina and Haas actually joined together to watch a mens qualifying match...

OK! OK! No need to think too much, coz' there were two other guys sitting in between them as well!!!!

The rumour has it...;)

Nastyafan
Jan 13th, 2005, 01:12 PM
А new love affair is the last thing Nastya needs just now. Though Haas is much better choice than the anthropoid of course

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
А new love affair is the last thing Nastya needs just now. Though Haas is much better choice than the anthropoid of course

...and itīs a German again;)

Hehe, 9.5 hours to go until the draw comes out, stay tuned...I have to go to university now :zzz:

katiektc
Jan 13th, 2005, 01:49 PM
:o did nastya and sasha break up?
in that case........GET BACK WITH JENS U SILLY BILLY!!!!! :lol:
not haas!! :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2005, 02:33 PM
People forget how hard it is to be a successful professional athlete.

It's very, very difficult to be world #3, and French Open champion.
Anastasia is the highest ranked player who won a major last year.

There are thousands of excellent players who would love a year like Anastasia just had.

And Anastasia will have to work very hard to have another year like 2004.
No one is going to let her win. Nastya will have to earn every win.

And that first match win of 2005 will be in Melbourne.
One match at a time.

miffedmax
Jan 13th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I just noticed this comment.

I am a fan of Nastya's Superfriend, and of Nadia.

I must be a masochist :banghead: :shrug:

BTW, I watched Peng play Nadia today. She played well, but I think Nastya should have defeated her.

I know what you mean. I haven't backed a winner since Navritalova was in her prime.

For real mashocism though, trying being an American soccer fan.

Max

Nastyafan
Jan 13th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Yea, a German again
she will have hard word to teach him to drink a lot and to propose toasts.:drink: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

not really katiektc, only rumours

I don't know what draw I want for Nastya, last year she won when she had the toughest possible draws and when it seemed like cakewalk she lost early so I'm not excited about the draw

Emptiness
Jan 13th, 2005, 05:11 PM
...and no word about Sharapovaīs characateristics, but hey, sheīs an "outstanding" player:tape:

BTW, I watched Peng play Nadia today. She played well, but I think Nastya should have defeated her.What chu talkin' bout Martin? Thats news to me. http://www.imagelink.org/id35115.gif

Anastasia and Tommy? Well whatever hes hot, and shes young and should have as much fun as possible. I doubt that rumor is true though.

Since Anastasia is already in Melbourne shes probably getting used to the heat etc. so hopefully there won't be another early exit, i want her to atleast make it to the semis. The tournament seems really open.. who knows who'll win, Davenport, Serena, Elena, Maria, Momo, Sveta, maybe even someone really unexpected.

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Anastasia played well in Sydney last year.
So I'm a little concerned by her loss to Peng.

But each tournament is a fresh start. I'm ready for the draw.

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Haha...I canīt believe how easy it is to set up a new rumour;)

No guys, itīs not even a rumour, I just made fun of it. That poster went to Melbourne and he saw Nastya heading to a menīs quali match and she watched it together with Tommy and some other guys, so thatīs it.

Ahhhh...I am impatiently waiting for the draw coming out later the day!

Nastyafan
Jan 13th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I just watched Molik and my optimism continues dropping. That big baby has a terrific serve, I think she lost 5 points on her serve,it is almost impossible to be broken. I think she's a big contender for AO. . Thank God she can't meet Nastya before QF and will have to play with some of 5-8 seeded first. If Nastya reaches so far of course. .. Poor Nastya how long will you be able to compete with these huge women?:scared: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Yep, Molik is a force...reminds me at Kuznetsova from time to time. Iīve seen her final against Sharapova in Zurich and she played awesome. Should reach top ten in a few weeks.

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Draw for Nastya: live coverage on board...

1st round: vs. Peschke

possible second round: vs. Raymond
possible fourth round: vs. Schiavone

Sheīs in the second quarter (top half). Other players in top half are: Lindz, Molik, V. Williams, Dementieva

Almalyk
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:26 PM
I like Anastasia's draw! All going to plan she would meet Dementieva in the quarters which in my opinion is the best quarter final match she could have asked for.

If she progresses I see her playing:
Peschke
Loit
Raymond
Schiovane
Dementieva

Best of luck Anastasia!

Nastyafan
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:31 PM
MYSKINA (3) vs Peschke
Loit vs Obziler
Qualifer vs Koukalova
Qualifer vs Raymond (26)

Dechy (18) vs Gagliardi
Castano vs Washington
WC-Rousseau vs Perebiynis
Marrero vs Schiavone (14)

Schnyder (12) vs Fedak
Foretz vs Qualifer
Shaughnessy vs Spears
Cervanova vs Golovin (20)

Hantuchova (26) vs Morigami
Schett vs WC-Welford
Chakvetadze vs Parra Santonja
Bondarenko vs Dementieva (6)

Doesn't look too bad, no dark horses and Nastya has the edge on all seeds in her quarter, but as I said the draw isn't too important for Nastya. Still I hope the easy draw doesn't mean an early exit again. But she has to fight and to fight with herself firstly

Almalyk
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:35 PM
MYSKINA (3) vs Peschke
Loit vs Obziler
Qualifer vs Koukalova
Qualifer vs Raymond (26)

Dechy (18) vs Gagliardi
Castano vs Washington
WC-Rousseau vs Perebiynis
Marrero vs Schiavone (14)

Schnyder (12) vs Fedak
Foretz vs Qualifer
Shaughnessy vs Spears
Cervanova vs Golovin (20)

Hantuchova (26) vs Morigami
Schett vs WC-Welford
Chakvetadze vs Parra Santonja
Bondarenko vs Dementieva (6)

Doesn't look too bad, no dark horses and Nastya has the edge on all seeds in her quarter, but as I said the draw isn't too important for Nastya. Still I hope the easy draw doesn't mean an early exit again. But she has to fight and to fight with herself firstly

I agree if she isn't a headcase, she should walk through her draw until the quarter finals!

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Hehe...I just talked to Ola and told her I want to have players like Schiavone and Dementieva in her draw...BRAVO@MYSELF;)

No, seriously, she couldnīt have asked for an easier draw. Out of the four top seeds she has a cakewalk draw...which by the way doesnīt really comfort me. Well, IF she can play at her best level, thereīs a good chance that she reaches semis if not final.

I mean, come on...if you just look at her quarter, itīs like a Tier III draw. I donīt want to say it out loud, but I miss a lot of big names.

COME ON NASTYA

Nastyafan
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:46 PM
but now checked H2H and she trails to Peschke 1-2
indeed the last loss is in 2000
but still, i already have a reason to worry:scared: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Almalyk
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:49 PM
but now checked H2H and she trails to Peschke 1-2
indeed the last loss is in 2000
but still, i already have a reason to worry:scared: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Haha you should try to be positive!!! Myskina has gone on to do great things since 2000 - Peschke not so good! In a few days it will be 2-2!! :kiss:

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Thereīs always a reason for you to worry, right? hehe...no, come on, 2000? Back then Nastya was ranked like what? Okay I looked it up: 49, Peschke was 40. So, please donīt worry;)

Nastyafan
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:55 PM
I think Dechy will beat Schiavone, but that doesn't make the things too different, though it seems Schiavone is her dream opponent for last 16. But Raymond can be dangerous if she has a day too. And I would prefer Venus or Sveta for her eventual QF opponent. Elena seems is better form and she is my second fav, I didn't want them to meet so early

Spunky83
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:02 AM
I think if Nastya can survive the first round, thereīs no way she can be stopped to reach the last four. Itīs just a mental problem, her game is superior to the ones in her quarter...well ok, Elena is great as well, but as we all know, she always loses the important matches to Nastya.

It just has to be this way.

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:09 AM
In Elena's thread someone wrote that Nastya and Elena haven't been friendly in Sydney. Maybe they have felt that they will be enemies soon.
Yes Elena loses to Nastya but in finals, Elena's problems are first round and finals, when she escapes in first round she often reaches the final and loses there. So QF could be very different from the previous meetings

JLDementieva
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:12 AM
OH great, all 3 of my favs in the same side of the draw!!! only one can go through :sad:

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:30 AM
I have my first, second and maybe fourth favs here too. But let's hope one of them will go through (too bad that when my first fav loses I almost don't care for the others)

JLDementieva
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:33 AM
yeah come to think of it, at least it's almost a guarantee that one of my favs will make the semis *fingers crossed*

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:38 AM
oh in Wimby all my favs were in one part again and no one go through (well, then Masha was in my fav's list and she did)

Almalyk
Jan 14th, 2005, 01:12 AM
I just had a question someone might be able to answer - approximately what would Anastasia's ranking be about now if she had lost the first round at RG to Molik? I am just interested! I suppose this means she may not have been in the YEC field also. She would be around 9-10 right?

Anyway, GOOD LUCK for next week and the week after, I know you will be playing both times!

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Nastya would have been 9th and still would have played YEC because of Henin's absence. but you can never count so. That's a career-changing win and nothing would have been as it was. First her seeding in every tourney would have been absolutely different. I think she would have had more constant year without these big ups and downs

Almalyk
Jan 14th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Cheers Nastyafan! I'm just pleased she won it! Realistically I believe that after the French, the Australian Open is Nastya's second most likely slam!

I'd rate them like this:

French
Oz
US
Wimby

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 01:58 AM
You never know with her. Before last year I thought RG is her worst (or equal with Wimby) because she had no patience for long rallies and had never performed well there but she proved me wrong. She doesn't know which is her favourite surface either

Almalyk
Jan 14th, 2005, 03:50 AM
You never know with her. Before last year I thought RG is her worst (or equal with Wimby) because she had no patience for long rallies and had never performed well there but she proved me wrong. She doesn't know which is her favourite surface either

For all her unpredictability, i still believe she will always do better on slower surfaces. Indoor, clay and slower hardcourt. Now that I wrote this the only other slam she will probably win will be Wimby or US!!!!!

Daniel
Jan 14th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Hope she is not a headcase :lol: and takes advantage of the draw, chances like this only happen once in life so u better be ready Nastya :hug:

Spunky83
Jan 14th, 2005, 11:33 AM
For all her unpredictability, i still believe she will always do better on slower surfaces. Indoor, clay and slower hardcourt. Now that I wrote this the only other slam she will probably win will be Wimby or US!!!!!

Hehe...Anastasia "Unpredictibilty" Myskina;)

Didnīt she reach Eastbourne final in...uhh...2002? Overall I would say sheīs an allrounder concerning surfaces, whether itīs fast or slow. I mean sheīs playing very well on carpet (my fave surface!), as well as on Deco Turf and well...clay is new, I would definetly not call her clay-specialist, so basically she should do well on rebound ace, a very slow surface this year, which gets even slower through the heat and the ball bounces high, but still lets fast shots work. Itīs not good for Masha though... ;)

goldenlox
Jan 14th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Anastasia will have to play well to get past Raymond and Dechy.
But I think she has a very good draw.
One match at a time. Get this first one.

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I watched Molik-Peng and can't imagine how bad Natya has played to lose with that shameful score to Peng. Indeed she hits hard and deep, but the consistency is the last thing she showed today. She made at least 30 UE and only the comparative worse serving from Alicia kept the match closer than it should be. Nastya should haven't been able to keep the ball in court at all if Peng has made only 8 UE against her.:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

goldenlox
Jan 14th, 2005, 03:09 PM
It really doesn't matter now.
Anastasia has a great draw to reach the semis, even the final.
But she has to be ready to fight for every point.

the cat
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:05 PM
It's time to look ahead Nastyafan. The Hopman Cup and Sydney are history and Nastya has a chance to do well in Melbourne and that's all that matters. And Nastya has a dream draw for the 2005 Australian Open. :)

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:06 PM
it doesn't matter as far as it won't recur
but Nastya often wastes gold opportunities:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

please not this time Nastya!:bowdown: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

goldenlox
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:14 PM
It's a new year. Anastasia has to start fresh. And just win round 1.
Get rolling.

the cat
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I think Nastya will have have some ups and down as a tennis player. But her ups will really be way up there and occur much more often than her downs. :)

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:29 PM
No one alredy doubts that Nastya will always have ups and downs. But I hope you will be right about their proportion, cat. And I would said that Masha's draw is even better (as far as she doesn't run into Sesil who wants to kick her ass from long ago:p (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#) )

goldenlox
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:33 PM
This is not an easy draw. Raymond beat Venus and Golovin last year.
She's very dangerous. So is Dechy.
But if Anastasia is prepared, and plays her normal game, she can go very deep into this draw.
I'm thinking straight to the final.

KV
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Good luck vs. Raymond play well and you'll win.

Spunky83
Jan 14th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I watched Molik-Peng and can't imagine how bad Natya has played to lose with that shameful score to Peng. Indeed she hits hard and deep, but the consistency is the last thing she showed today. She made at least 30 UE and only the comparative worse serving from Alicia kept the match closer than it should be. Nastya should haven't been able to keep the ball in court at all if Peng has made only 8 UE against her.:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Watched it as well...I think Peng has a good future, her serve is quite good, very high serve percentage and her groundstrokes are pretty hard and deep, very solid, needs a better game at the net and be more focused but I guess she will work this problem out.

I know she hits double-handed both sides, but her game really reminded me at Mashaīs, not only the high ball toss, but everything else as well...typical american tennis. Peng also lives in Florida.

goldenlox
Jan 14th, 2005, 05:42 PM
...typical american tennis. Peng also lives in Florida.I can't tell from the strokes. Anastasia trained with Lansdorp for a while.
A lot of her strokes are similar to Maria's.

Nastyafan
Jan 14th, 2005, 06:09 PM
After the Williamses almost every young player plays that sort of power tennis, even Sprem, Golovin without training in America (at least I haven't heard) Her double-handed forehand is quite interesting though

the cat
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:53 PM
NF, I don't think Masha's draw is easier than Nastya's. ;) Maybe they are about the same. And I would love to see Masha/Sesil round 2 in the first or preferrably second round match at the 2005 Australian Open. :D :tennis: :boxing: But I would prefer that Masha win a match before facing Sesil and the pressure that comes with playing her.

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Ok, as far as I can see it, Nastya is not going to play tomorrow on first day, so that means for me: I just have to wake up every second night, cause the duck isnīt playing as well, hehe;)

Daniel
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Go Nastya :yeah: :kiss: :bounce:

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:11 AM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/interactive/tv/index.html Interview with Nastya...seems to be in a pretty good mood and what a cute chemistry between the interviewer and her :hehehe: ...time for another rumour :lol:

Daniel
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:12 AM
thanks Spunky ;)

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Oh and: Iīve got my pics from my visit at Flushing Meadows...so Lockerroom-time! Itīs not that exciting though, but still kinda cool!

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:27 AM
...and a few more

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Hey, check out www.tennnisreporters.net and check the spelling (we are not allowed to post links)...right side, this Matt Cronin guy really puts Nastya as his fave to win the AusOpen;)...hehe and the GM is going crazy again

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2005, 11:40 AM
OMG...there are rumours (both from GM and from news) that either Dementieva, Dechy or Kuznetsova had been caught using doping at the exhibition Justine held last year...this is bad, especially if it was one of the russians...the media will kill that person.

Emptiness
Jan 15th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Doping? ...Wow i'd lose a lot of respect for them if this is true.

1. Anastasia Myskina: It's nearly impossible to pick a top favorite for the '05 Aussie, given how many injures and illnesses have plagued the women's Top 10. So why not Nastia, who ran through the Fed Cup field and played standout ball at the Hopman Cup before giving up in the first round of Sydney? She strongly desires No. 1 and has a great draw until the quarters, when her handmaiden, Elena Dementieva, should be waiting for her. Then it could be Lindsay Davenport, Venus Williams or Alicia Molik in the semis, all winnable matches for the savvy Russian. She may look like a one-Slam wonder to some, but Myskina is nastier than she appears on first glance.Thats cute. How they think using 'Myskina is nastier' is clever. Anyways the draw is so open he could of almost pick anyone and justified it.

9. Elena Dementieva: She'll beat up Daniela Hantuchova and either Tatiana Golovin or Patty Schnyder, but under what circumstances will she be able to beat her former friend Myskina again? None that we can currently think of.Huh, i guess Anastasia and Elena are no longer friends. http://www.imagelink.org/id36209.gif

I like your pictures Yee Wah.

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Doping? ...Wow i'd lose a lot of respect for them if this is true.

Thats cute. How they think using 'Myskina is nastier' is clever. Anyways the draw is so open he could of almost pick anyone and justified it.

Huh, i guess Anastasia and Elena are no longer friends. http://www.imagelink.org/id36209.gif

I like your pictures Yee Wah.

Oh, I havenīt noticed that "former friends"-thing...there always ways to make up something...or in your case Master-Emp, to erase something, right? :lol:

Good to know you liked the pics...cause it was way much cooler than it looks on the pics ;)

Emptiness
Jan 15th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Oh, I havenīt noticed that "former friends"-thing...there always ways to make up something...or in your case Master-Emp, to erase something, right? :lol:Of course, SupraSpunky. http://www.imagelink.org/id30745.gif
But i still have to learn, i've been trying to hide someone but some pudgy, screaming little man with sunglasses is always attached to her. http://www.imagelink.org/id30716.gif

Good to know you liked the pics...cause it was way much cooler than it looks on the pics ;)They should have life-size cardboard players. Then people could take photos and pretend to have conversations with Justine and Anastasia like a real psycho.
http://www.imagelink.org/id35104.gif

goldenlox
Jan 15th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Anastasia plays on Tuesday. This is a good first round opponent.
But Anastasia will have to play her best tennis to go far in this draw.
Show up to play on Tuesday. Don't overlook anyone.

Nastyafan
Jan 15th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Natya picked as a top favourite:eek:
Well I hope Matt is a clever man and won't jinx her. Only please Pam, don't mention Nastya in any case! About that "former friends" I don't think Matt has any information about their friendship. Maybe he supposes that after their finals the friendship couldn't exist more but I hope he is wrong.:hug:

Doping ? Hmmm, I'm not surprised that someone might have used doping but would be surprised if they name someone and of course don't want one of my favs to be the scapegoat I guess they won't name anyone, just like after RG 2002 or 2003. There were serious rumours that 2 athletes were caught and one of them was a very big name in women's tennis but then the story was concealed. I think almost every professional athlete uses doping or at least substances with similar effect but still not included in the doping list. I don't believe these bicepses could be developed only with fitness. Unfortunately the double standart is a guiding principle in these stuff and the money, the interests of the big pharmaceutic companies, influential people and federations decide who will be named. If the rules are aplied strictly the sports world will remain without at least 2/3 of its big names. But who needs that? The pharmaceutic companis? - that would be a huge loss. The organizers, sponsors? No, they want big names and records. The spectators? Well, a small part (with me) prefers to see human athletes, feminine women even without constantly breking records but the majority wants to see that crazy race with nature. :cuckoo:

Good pics Spunky, though frankly speaking you don't look like a winner against the cold:lol:

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Good pics Spunky, though frankly speaking you don't look like a winner against the cold:lol:

But it was a tough match;)

Whoever it will be, I guess the player took some kind of cold medcine and just didnīt know what was in there or maybe she thought they wouldnīt do test at exhibitions, who knows.

Daniel
Jan 16th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Nastya knows she has an "easy" draw, she better take every match seriously and not to lose control of the match. Focus since the start of the match Nastya :D

Almalyk
Jan 16th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Nadia Petrova RUS/Meghann Shaughnessy USA (1)
vs.
Daniela Hantuchova SVK/Martina Navratilova USA

Trudi Musgrave AUS/Christina Wheeler AUS
vs.
Zsofia Gubacsi HUN/Petra Mandula HUN

Ruxandra Dragomir Ilie ROM/Maureen Drake CAN
vs.
Olga Blahotova CZE/Libuse Prusova CZE

Sophie Ferguson AUS/Jaslyn Hewitt AUS
vs.
Shinobu Asagoe JPN /Katarina Srebotnik SLO (14)

Barbara Schett AUT/Patty Schnyder SUI (9)
vs.
Milagros Sequera VEN/Meilen Tu USA

Liga Dekmeijere LAT/Nana Miyagi JPN
vs.
Arantxa Parra Santonja ESP/Magui Serna ESP

Anne Kremer LUX/Maria Sanchez Lorenzo ESP
vs.
Maret Ani EST/Flavia Pennetta ITA

Nathalie Dechy FRA/Emilie Loit FRA
vs.
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS/Alicia Molik AUS (6)

Lisa Raymond USA/Rennae Stubbs AUS (3)
vs.
Martina Muller GER/Julia Schruff GER

Maria Kirilenko RUS/Lina Krasnoroutskaya RUS
vs.
Marion Bartoli FRA/Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER

Tathiana Garbin ITA/Tina Krizan SLO
vs.
Jill Craybas USA/Marlene Weingartner GER

Leanne Baker NZL/Francesca Lubiani ITA
vs.
Eleni Daniilidou GRE/Nicole Pratt AUS (16)

Ting Li CHN/Tiantian Sun CHN (10)
vs.
Marta Marrero ESP/Antonella Serra Zanetti ITA

Caroline Dhenin FRA/Silvija Talaja CRO
vs.
Denisa Chladkova CZE/Lubomira Kurhajcova SVK

Su-Wei Hsieh TPE/Seiko Okamoto JPN
vs.
Bryanne Stewart AUS/Samantha Stosur AUS

Stephanie Cohen-Aloro FRA/Selima Sfar TUN
vs.
Anastasia Myskina RUS/Vera Zvonareva RUS (7)

Elena Dementieva RUS/Ai Sugiyama JPN (8)
vs.
Yuliana Fedak UKR/Tatiana Poutchek BLR

Beti Sekulovski AUS/Cindy Watson AUS
vs.
Anastassia Rodionova RUS/Abigail Spears USA

Alina Jidkova RUS/Tatiana Perebiynis UKR
vs.
Jennifer Russell USA/Mara Santangelo ITA

Yulia Beygelzimer UKR/Ipek Senoglu TUR
vs.
Zi Yan CHN/Jie Zheng CHN (12)

Francesca Schiavone ITA/Roberta Vinci ITA (13)
vs.
Janet Lee TPE/Shuai Peng CHN

Jelena Jankovic SCG/Aniko Kapros HUN
vs.
Natalie Grandin RSA/Conchita Martinez Granados ESP

Teryn Ashley USA/Laura Granville USA
vs.
Gabriela Navratilova CZE/Michaela Pastikova CZE

Jennifer Hopkins USA/Mashona Washington USA
vs.
Conchita Martinez ESP/Virginia Ruano Pascual ESP (4)

Janette Husarova SVK/Elena Likhovtseva RUS (5)
vs.
Casey Dellacqua AUS/Nicole Sewell AUS

Chia-Jung Chuang TPE/Rika Fujiwara JPN
vs.
Maria Elena Camerin ITA/Silvia Farina Elia ITA

Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP/Dinara Safina RUS
vs.
Nuria Llagostera Vives ESP/Galina Voskoboeva RUS

Els Callens BEL/Lisa McShea AUS
vs.
Gisela Dulko ARG/Maria Vento-Kabchi VEN (11)

Lindsay Davenport USA/Corina Morariu USA (15)
vs.
Daniella Dominikovic AUS/Evie Dominikovic AUS

Patricia Wartusch AUT/Jasmin Woehr GER
vs.
Alyona Bondarenko UKR/Emmanuelle Gagliardi SUI

Eva Birnerova CZE/Andreea Vanc ROM
vs.
Iveta Benesova CZE/Kveta Peschke CZE

Jelena Kostanic CRO/Claudine Schaul LUX
vs.
Cara Black ZIM/Liezel Huber RSA (2)

Myskina and Vera play together! Cool!

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Nastya knows she has an "easy" draw, she better take every match seriously and not to lose control of the match. Focus since the start of the match Nastya :D

Yep, Nastya seems to underrate her first rounds opponents...just like at Sydney where she just said, she knew Peng was good, but didnīt know her better. I hope Cutie J had done his homeworks on Peschke and the other possible opponents.

Nastyafan
Jan 17th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Oh, just thought the board will be never back and I will have to suffer alone.
It seems a good draw in the doubles too, but we know Nastya's will be there as long as she is in the singles.
I hope Cutie J had done his homeworks on Peschke and the other possible opponents.I imagine Cutie J reconnoitring Kveta hidden in the bushes with a camera and a note-book.:rolleyes: :lol:

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Oh, just thought the board will be never back and I will have to suffer alone.
It seems a good draw in the doubles too, but we know Nastya's will be there as long as she is in the singles.
I imagine Cutie J reconnoitring Kveta hidden in the bushes with a camera and a note-book.:rolleyes: :lol:

Do you guys really think Jens is cute? Hmmmm..... ;)

Nastyafan
Jan 17th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I'm not an expert in men's cutesy but according to eminent authorities like Super Spunky, Ola, etc. he is veeeeeery cute

JLDementieva
Jan 17th, 2005, 02:14 AM
In Sydney on the first few training days, Nastya and Elena were training on adjacent courts, but were still talking/calling out friendly over to each other. But I don't understand Russian...so they could have been saying anything...but they grinned and smiled when they talked.

that's nice to know :D it would be a real pity if they weren't friends anymore, even if they will be big rivals on court.

Emptiness
Jan 17th, 2005, 02:59 AM
http://img142.exs.cx/img142/865/sydneyinternational05070ex.jpg
Cronin from Tennis Reporters said they don't hang out anymore but look! Theres Anastasia sneezing and Elena in her uh, cute red outfit and some very disturbing fat, bald man. http://www.imagelink.org/id34573.gif

Do you guys really think Jens is cute? Hmmmm..... ;)Hes okay. *runs from Yee Wah and Olga*
30 minutes until i get to watch tennis! http://www.imagelink.org/id30811.gif

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:07 AM
http://img142.exs.cx/img142/865/sydneyinternational05070ex.jpg
Cronin from Tennis Reporters said they don't hang out anymore but look! Theres Anastasia sneezing and Elena in her uh, cute red outfit and some very disturbing fat, bald man. http://www.imagelink.org/id34573.gif

Hes okay. *runs from Yee Wah and Olga*
30 minutes until i get to watch tennis! http://www.imagelink.org/id30811.gif

Gosh that is not a nice photo of Nastya! She looks like she is going to puke up or something - maybe that bald man told her some of his fantasies or something!! Gross!

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I imagine Cutie J reconnoitring Kveta hidden in the bushes with a camera and a note-book.:rolleyes: :lol:

Iīd recommend it;)

@almalyk: Yes, heīs actually very nice and sweet...

Yay...weird schedule for tonight, but however, thereīs no other big match going on when Nastya plays (no german, no-top player), so please please Eurosport show that match!!! I just donīt like the idea that a manīs match is played before that, so I canīt really figure out when I have to wake up...yes Nfan, I know you wonīt have this problem as youīre going to sleep through;)

Daniel
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Vamos Nastya on tuesday :D

frenchie
Jan 17th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I'm beginning to be nervous for Nastya's match. I think I will stay awaken the whole night waiting for the result or maybe watching it live even if I'm sure Eurosport will show Nadal against a french guy at the same time.
Peschke is worrying me a little. I saw her last year in Luxembourg and I must admit that she impressed me: she is quick , has a good game from the baseline and can volley well.Actually her game is pretty similar to Nastya's but of course Nastya should win as she does just everything better!
Good luck

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Ok...Iīm working for like nine hours now (and the last person standing), so that I can stay awake all night for the matches of two of my faves and go to work later tomorrow...so if they lose I will :mad: ...no not really, I am just sooo tired right now in my office :zzz:

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Yay, I am finally home!!!

Found this article:

Olympics-Sharapova becomes ambassador for Moscow 2012

MOSCOW, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova has been chosen to become an ambassador for the Moscow bid to host the 2012 Olympics, city officials said on Monday.
"For Moscow to host the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games would be a dream for me and millions of other Russians," the Siberian-born teenager was quoted as saying by the Moscow bid committee.

"I am looking forward to helping explain why Moscow should host the Games," added the Florida-based Russian.

"Russia has a very strong history of sports and having the Olympic Games in Moscow in 2012 would be a new and brilliant chapter in that history."

The Russian capital, which hosted the boycott-affected 1980 Summer Games, is competing against Paris, London, Madrid and New York for the right to stage sport's biggest event.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will select the winning city in July.

The 17-year-old Sharapova made headlines in 2004 when, as a 13th-seeded outsider, she won Wimbledon, beating Serena Williams in the final.

"We are delighted that Maria Sharapova, a bright young sports star, has agreed to be an international ambassador for our bid," Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzhkov said in a statement.

"She is an example of the finest Russia has to offer the world, and she is the perfect symbol for Moscow's bid to host the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games."

Sharapova is seeded four at the Australian Open which began on Monday.

Đ Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Out of all RUSSIANS...hahahaha...this is tooo cute, maybe they can also get Kournikova back

Natasc
Jan 17th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Yay, I am finally home!!!

Found this article:

Đ Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Out of all RUSSIANS...hahahaha...this is tooo cute, maybe they can also get Kournikova back
I saw that
That's just ridiculous :o
Of all russians, why Sharapova :confused:

Today I was watching the rematch of Federer x Santoro, when was 2 commentators was talking and pass that Lena and Nastya will play and the commentator 1 said:
"Wow, all the russian main team will play today (Nastya and Lena). Well, Myskina and Sharapova are fighting against each other. The thing is pretty bad."

commentator 2: "Realy, what they did?"

C1: "Well, after all I will not be surprise if Sharapova became naturalized American. One of the things that Myskina said with Sharapova was: she speaks russian with accent."

C2: "Wow, low blow, what a bad thing for say."

I could only laught :lol:
Well lets just wait for see what will gonna happen, 'cause i'm still flying in that thing for Sharapova - The super russian - became the "ambassador for the Moscow bid to host the 2012 Olympics"
She don't even from Moscow is :confused:
I think that will be much more fair if was Nastya or Lena that born in Moscow and live in Moscow

I can't understend... :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I saw that
That's just ridiculous :o
Of all russians, why Sharapova :confused:

Today I was watching the rematch of Federer x Santoro, when was 2 commentators was talking and pass that Lena and Nastya will play and the commentator 1 said:
"Wow, all the russian main team will play today (Nastya and Lena). Well, Myskina and Sharapova are fighting against each other. The thing is pretty bad."

commentator 2: "Realy, what they did?"

C1: "Well, after all I will not be surprise if Sharapova became naturalized American. One of the things that Myskina said with Sharapova was: she speaks russian with accent."

C2: "Wow, low blow, what a bad thing for say."

I could only laught :lol:
Well lets just wait for see what will gonna happen, 'cause i'm still flying in that thing for Sharapova - The super russian - became the "ambassador for the Moscow bid to host the 2012 Olympics"
She don't even from Moscow is :confused:
I think that will be much more fair if was Nastya or Lena that born in Moscow and live in Moscow

I can't understend... :rolleyes:

1st: That Federer match was just awesome...pretty lame, but Roger is just too good to be true

2nd: "The closer you sit, the hotter it gets." ...thatīs why

3rd: A commentator who doesnīt know that story should get fired and stop doing those stupid comments.

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Good luck today Anastasia!

Will anyone see the match live? It would be great if someone was willing to do a report at the end of it!

Should be a straight sets victory - but we will see.... as long as it is a win!

Natasc
Jan 17th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Good luck today Anastasia!

Will anyone see the match live? It would be great if someone was willing to do a report at the end of it!

Should be a straight sets victory - but we will see.... as long as it is a win!
If i saw I can do this
But do not think that I will saw
'cause here the damn ESPn is showing more the "latin - stupids - americans" players
So, they will probably pass Coria, Caņas and Nalbandian
But at least I have to see the rematch tommorow

Damn ESPN, I wanna see Lena, and Roddicck, Hewitt and Henman!!

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Oh tired...good morning to my fellow crazy tennis fans around here...letīs see: Germany eurosport shows Rusedski vs. Bjorkman (?!?), Coriaīs match was a fast straight setter and Canas could win his match in straights in a few minutes or maybe not...why they show Bjorkman is way beyond me...Molikīs match just started, so probably Roddickīs match will be shown instead of Nastyaīs...well whatever

Emptiness
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:08 AM
They will show the duck on ESPN.
http://www.imagelink.org/id30741.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id30742.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id31205.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id35110.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id35111.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id30784.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id31212.gif
I really dislike Andy.

Anastasia is won the first set 6-1 in 20 minutes.
Heres the stats.
A. Myskina - K. Peschke
Aces: 1 -1
1st Serve: 59% - 54%
Double Faults: 1 - 2
Won on 1st Serve: 90% - 50%
Won on 2nd Serve: 57% - 33%
Winners: 6 - 8
Unforced Errors: 2 - 16
Recieving Points Won: 58% - 24%
Break Point Conversions: 75% - 0%
Total Points Won: 28 - 15

http://www.imagelink.org/id35105.gif

martirogi
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:10 AM
no one say anything good about the match, you'll jinx her

what the hell is she doing, she's playing horrible

Emptiness
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Well she had a low number of errors and a good break point percentage. And hey she won a set which is more than we could of said last week. :tape:

Her quality has dropped in the second set though... 7 UEs to 3 winners. :o
Its 3-2. http://www.imagelink.org/id30781.gif

Jamesss
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Don't know what to think :scared:

So few UE! :bounce:

Come on Nastya!

Jamesss
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:21 AM
And hey she won a set which is more than we could of said last week. :tape:

Let us never speak of that unfortunate event ever again.

Emptiness
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Ooooh just like Athens. Gotcha. :)

Merde. Another BP wasted... how many is that now?
Find your brain Anastasia! http://www.imagelink.org/id30963.gif

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:52 AM
They will show the duck on ESPN.
http://www.imagelink.org/id30741.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id30742.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id31205.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id35110.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id35111.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id30784.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id31212.gif
I really dislike Andy.

Anastasia is won the first set 6-1 in 20 minutes.
Heres the stats.
A. Myskina - K. Peschke
Aces: 1 -1
1st Serve: 59% - 54%
Double Faults: 1 - 2
Won on 1st Serve: 90% - 50%
Won on 2nd Serve: 57% - 33%
Winners: 6 - 8
Unforced Errors: 2 - 16
Recieving Points Won: 58% - 24%
Break Point Conversions: 75% - 0%
Total Points Won: 28 - 15

http://www.imagelink.org/id35105.gif

Yeah Andy!!!...I know I have a weird constellation of fave players...but I am a fan since 2002 :sad: . I admit it...I love ducks;)

Nastya... :confused: ...letīs say: GREAT FIRST SET...if she had played like this in the second, she only would have had four UEs in the whole match, but still sheīs through the first round and I really canīt see any of the players in her quarter to stop her.

martirogi
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Ooooh just like Athens. Gotcha. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nastyafan
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Oh gosh she managed to close the match. :worship: :bounce:
Thank you Nastya!:kiss:
But that serve in the last games was awful and made me worry even more. She would never beat the big servers with it:scared:

so I canīt really figure out when I have to wake up...yes Nfan, I know you wonīt have this problem as youīre going to sleep through;)Yes, I tried but wasn't able, though I almost haven't slept in last 48 hours. I was so nervous that I didn't want to read, to post . to think at all. Now I can sleep calm. :worship: .. but that serve:scared:

Emptiness
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:08 AM
My internet browser crashed so i had to write this again. Fuck you Opera. http://www.imagelink.org/id37703.gif

Yay. Anastasia def. Kveta Peschke 6-1, 6-4.

Second Set
Aces: 0 - 1
1st Serve: ?
Double Faults: 3 - 2
Won on 1st Serve: 44% - 50%
Won on 2nd Serve: 50% - 17%
Winners: 8 - 11
Unforced Errors: 14 - 17
Recieving Points Won: 61% - 53%
Break Point Conversions: 44% - 43%
Total Points Won: Dunno. :o

Match Statistics
1st Serve: 26 of 53 = 49%
Aces: 1
Double Faults: 4
Winners: 14
Unforced Errors: 16
Won on 1st Serve: 16 of 26 = 62%
Won on 2nd Serve: 14 of 23 = 61%
Receiving Points Won: 37 of 58 = 64%
Break Point Conversions: 7 of 13 = 54%
Net Approaches: 2 of 6 = 33%
Total Points Won: 67
Fastest Serve: 168 km/h
Average 1st Serve: 157 km/h
Average 2nd Serve: 125 km/h

Dear Anastasia,

Please don't have anymore brain farts.

Thanks, Emp.http://www.imagelink.org/id30747.gif

Almalyk
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Congrats Nastya! Better close will be needed for following matches though!!

Australian/NZ coverage showed Molik's match, and then flicked to Rudeski as well! I was disappointed they didn't even show match point replayed!

How did Anastasia react after winning?

Nastyafan
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:26 AM
but still sheīs through the first round and I really canīt see any of the players in her quarter to stop her.
If she won't stop herself. If she can keep her hugh level for a whole match no one will stop her but the consistency isn't her best quality. I don't want to think what could have happen if she had missed that second MP too.:fiery:
And Raymond begins to worry me, she gave only one game to Yakimova who pleyed pretty good in Q:scared:

Nastyafan
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:33 AM
How did Anastasia react after winning?she just lifted her right hand and looked at the public (probably Jens) as she usualy does

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050118/capt.xmel10901180422.australia_tennis_open_xmel109 .jpg (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=xmel10901180422.australia_tennis_open_x mel109&prov=ap)

Emptiness
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Raised her right arm and clapped using the racket i bet?

I've never seen Anastasia ever act really "boastful". Always does her fist pumps and stuff sort of demurely.

Anyone that saw the match... was Anastasia's shoulder hurting her? That would explain the huge rise in UEs or was it just her going into her usual choking mode?

Almalyk
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I noticed that her average second serve speed at least 10kms faster than last year! Maybe it is getting a bit better! 125kmp average - last year, lots were around 105-115!

Good luck in round 2!

Almalyk
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:54 AM
she just lifted her right hand and looked at the public (probably Jens) as she usualy does

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050118/capt.xmel10901180422.australia_tennis_open_xmel109 .jpg (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=xmel10901180422.australia_tennis_open_x mel109&prov=ap)

Thanks Nfan - she looks nice in this colour too!

Nastyafan
Jan 18th, 2005, 04:15 AM
I saw only the last 3 games and she didn't show any problem with the shoulder but all her first serves were in the middle of the net and the second ones were very vulnerable:confused:

Almalyk
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:44 AM
From Yahoo tennis:

"French Open champion Anastasia Myskina, Kuznetsova's close friend, said after her first-round match that she was saddened by the allegations.

``It was a very strange situation, it wasn't done by the rules,'' Myskina said. ``I feel very sad about the way it was handled.''

Nastya has a good heart too!

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Raised her right arm and clapped using the racket i bet?

I've never seen Anastasia ever act really "boastful". Always does her fist pumps and stuff sort of demurely.

Anyone that saw the match... was Anastasia's shoulder hurting her? That would explain the huge rise in UEs or was it just her going into her usual choking mode?

Usual choking mode;)...she hit two UEs in the first set and out of a sudden she raised that "level". Still she looked very focuse, I like that.

BTW: I donīt like the colour of her outfit.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Comfort win finally!
Good Luck Nastya!!!

Daniel
Jan 18th, 2005, 09:32 AM
well done Nastya, good luck in 2R :D

Daniel
Jan 18th, 2005, 09:58 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050118/capt.mel19401180856.australia_tennis_open_tsunami_ mel194.jpg

frenchie
Jan 18th, 2005, 12:28 PM
So Nastya's next opponent is Tzipora Obziler. I have never seen her play but I know that she once pushed Davenport to a third set tie-break and took a set to Justine at last year US open. Can somebody please describe me her style of play?
BTW Nastya is great on this pic. What was she doing in the crowd?

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:33 PM
So Nastya's next opponent is Tzipora Obziler. I have never seen her play but I know that she once pushed Davenport to a third set tie-break and took a set to Justine at last year US open. Can somebody please describe me her style of play?
BTW Nastya is great on this pic. What was she doing in the crowd?

Caption: Russia's Anastasia Myskina (news) collects money from spectators for the tsunami relief appeal on behalf of UNICEF (news - web sites) prior to the start of the evening session at Rod Laver Arena at the Australian Open (news - web sites) at Melbourne Park, Melbourne, Australia, Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2005. (AP Photo/Mark Baker)

How can you not like her?

miffedmax
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Looking for the ball she smacked into the audience?

Gotta love the temper. I wish Lena D. had a little bit of that spark.

Max

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Looking for the ball she smacked into the audience?

Gotta love the temper. I wish Lena D. had a little bit of that spark.

Max

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20050118/capt.sge.cjy42.180105082341.photo01.photo.default-238x384.jpg

What kind of temper?!? :lol:

Let me guess, she didnīt receive a warning for all that stuff?

Daniel
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:09 PM
that is vintage nastya, she always throws the racket :o :p

i dont think Obziler should be a major problem for Nastya :hug:

goldenlox
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:17 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050118/capt.mel19401180856.australia_tennis_open_tsunami_ mel194.jpg:hearts: :hearts: :worship: :worship:
Stay focused, one match at a time.
Anastasia can definately go all the way in Melbourne!:bounce:

JLDementieva
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:43 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050118/capt.mel19401180856.australia_tennis_open_tsunami_ mel194.jpg
She looks sooooooooo good in this pic!!! :hearts: GOtta love what she's doing too!!!!

KV
Jan 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Good win

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2005, 05:20 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5939_rx.asp visit Getty to get a larger pic and ask yourself the question...donīt the people know whoīs standing right beside them?

Nastyafan
Jan 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM
She looks stunnig on that pic among the crowd:inlove:
I wonder how many of top players would do that. Probably some of them would consider it as degrading. But Nastya is sooo earthly and warm-hearded.:hearts: :angel:

I saw the whole match and wonder why this happens so often at score 3-0 in the second set. She played almost perfect tennis (except the serve) and suddenly she stopped playind and began to wait Peshke to finish herself off, silly mistakes at the net, terrible serve. I'm afraid she developed some complex of big leading, as if she fears that in every match the nightmare from Olympics may happen again:scared: ant that just blocks her play. And that serve.:fiery: Why it's so difficult for my favs to improve their biggest weaknest:confused:

Emptiness
Jan 18th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Anastasia...! http://www.imagelink.org/id30740.gif

Hmm Spunky maybe they don't recognise her with her longer hair.... yeah thats a crappy explanation. :o

Myskina raced through the first set in 20 minutes, helped by Peschke's 16 unforced errors. She lost only two points in the first three games of the second set before trading service breaks in six consecutive games.

During that stretch, Myskina loudly berated herself for missing opportunities, spiked her racket into the court and smacked a ball into the crowd.

Myskina, who served for the match at 5-3, won when Peschke dumped a forehand into the net. It was her 33rd unforced error of the set and 48th for the match. After only two unforced errors in the first seven games, Myskina had 14 in an erratic second set.Think we'll get a repeat freak out like the one from last year? :tape:

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Think we'll get a repeat freak out like the one from last year? :tape:

:devil: vs. :angel: ...whoīs going to win this little battle?

the cat
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:55 PM
This will be a tough match for Nastya because her opponent Obziler plays great defesne and doesn't mind the oppressive heat. Nastya nees to be ready for a battle and get off to a good start in the match so she makes Obziler think she doesn't have a chance at a major upset.

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Have they played before? I would still expect nastya to post a straight sets win! I think that winning that first match after sydney will give her great confidence!

i also wonder - now that Vera is out of singles - will they still play doubles? Or will Vera do a Nastya and leave the tournament?

Nastyafan
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:46 AM
I wonder the same. I doubt Vera will want to stay only for doubles. And obviously she isn't in shape and mood and they won't have big chances, so I would prefer Vera to go home to rest and Nastya to concentrate on the singles.

Hmm, I doubt a win over #86 would give you great confidence if you haven't it. Of course I expect Nastya to post a straight sets win too, but I expect (want) it always, including last week. We will see

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:50 AM
I guess Peschke was only number #86 - but still it was her first win of the season (excluding hopman cup) and that must feel good. she said it felt good in her post match interview.

masha is struggling right now - i know anastasia will do better

Nastyafan
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:14 AM
The confidence is building slow and hard, and losing quick and easy. I had a lot of confidence in Nastya after Hopman cup then lost it in minutes and this win wasn't enough to return my confidence back at all, especially after that struggle in closing the match. Now I have hope of course but no confidence. Probably Nastya feels someting of the same kind

Epigone
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:21 AM
I wonder the same. I doubt Vera will want to stay only for doubles. And obviously she isn't in shape and mood and they won't have big chances, so I would prefer Vera to go home to rest and Nastya to concentrate on the singles.Maybe Bepa will want to stay and try to play herself into some form? :shrug:

Nastyafan
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:30 AM
I don't mind if she decides so but I doubt. And there isn't much use for her considering that the next events are indoors

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:57 AM
i also wonder - now that Vera is out of singles - will they still play doubles? Or will Vera do a Nastya and leave the tournament?

Itīs payback time :tape:

Greenout
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:01 AM

Great photo!! :)

:wavey:

Emptiness
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I posted the supra-sized one in Anastasia's forum if you want to go count her nose hairs. :)

I don't think its wise for Anastasia to play doubles in the Australian heat.

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:21 AM
she bette rpulled out f doubles then since Vera Z is out in singles i pretrty much doubt she is in the mood to play doubles , :p

Nastyafan
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Nastya will play first on Vodafone arena again. She said she likes that court but she doesn't like to wake up and play early in the morning. At least it won't be too hot, though the forecast is for thunderstorms today. And they with Vera are in the schedule too. Maybe still they will play.

Udachi Nastka:kiss:

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Vera is playing doubles and mixed. She's not going to leave a major.
Anastasia can go all the way this tournament.
But she needs to focus on every match. One at a time.
Take no one for granted.

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Oh man...I have the weird feeling that I will have the great pleasure to watch Kohlschreiberīs match on MCA against Massu. Itīs understandable if Eurosport broadcasts one of Germanyīs so called "top-players", but PLEASE no Kohlschreiber-match...urghhh...no one wants to watch one of his matches and I am pretty sure that if german tennis fans had a choice they would vote for Nastyaīs match...Kohlschreiber has won 7 matches so far in his entire career...please donīt...

katiektc
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM
hahaha poor spunky :hug:

well,tomorrow i'll be treated to repeats of greg and tims matches. REPEATS. yes, that means at least 3 showings of each.
damn Eurosport to hell.

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I'm not going to see Anastasia in round 2.
If she can win, I might get to see her against Raymond, who beat Venus here last year.
But all that matters today is round 2.

Jamesss
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:38 AM
:worship: Brilliant. :worship:

A good solid victory. Glad to get another under the belt.

The forehand is fantasmic, but still sometimes unpredictable.

:yeah:Keep on keeping on Nastya!

Almalyk
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Anastasia won 6-4 6-2 - she played poorly up until when she was losing 1-3 in the first set. After that she never dropped her serve again.

Watched the whole match - her performance was much better in the second set - great returns of serve, and also great anticipation at many times! Her forehand was where the majority of the winners came from - much fewer off the backhand side.

She even served three aces! And even funnier - one of them was off a second serve at only 117kmph! They were all out wide!

Nastyafan
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Nastya won 6-4 6-2:worship: :bounce: :woohoo:
Very sloppy start, then solid but not great performance
at least she found her serve:yeah:

but I'm really scared of Raymond, she just crushed her opponents losing only 2 games so far:scared:

JLDementieva
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:46 AM
YAY Nastya!!!! slow start though, way to pull it through! :bounce:

martirogi
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:52 AM
i was just thinking who the poor seed was to get raymond next :tape:

cmon nastya keep that serve up like in the second set :bigclap:

Nastyafan
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:05 AM
How can you not know the whole Nastya's draw? With her "easy draw" suddenly she receved the most convincing player in the tourney so far in the 3rd round:fiery:

Almalyk
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:16 AM
How can you not know the whole Nastya's draw? With her "easy draw" suddenly she receved the most convincing player in the tourney so far in the 3rd round:fiery:

Hmmmmm.... While Raymond's scoreline's have been impressive, her opponents have not! I just checked the stats - Koukalova hit something like 25UE to 5 winners - I have confidence in Anastasia - and predict another straight sets victory!

Nastyafan
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Oh, I hope your prediction to come true but still these scores are very impessive (and she had MP to double bagel poor Klara). I checked the stats too and noticed that Klara hasn't been able to convert any of her 7 BP but still.. And her game is the type that draws UE of her opponent. She uses every opportunity to come to the net and the opponent has to try risky shots. Nastya should get her passing shots and lobs working and to cope with the slices

Natasc
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:37 AM
God!!
In the first set Nastya was sucks
But she recovered
Hum.....Raymond, thats bad :scared:
The opponent that Raymond def, had def the opponet that won over Nastya in USO 04
The thing is: we should never say that a match will be easy
I hope that nastya wins, but will be hard if she start like she did today

Nastya, remind for Raymond why she's not in TOP 10!! :yeah:

martirogi
Jan 20th, 2005, 02:09 AM
i thought nastya had an easy draw so i didnt think id need to remember whos her 3 or 4 rd opponents

Foot's Fingers
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Congrats Nastya with 2 wins today
Good luck vs Lisa Ohhhh hope Nastya will be concentarte from the begining of the game

Today's firsts games on her serve were awful

Daniel
Jan 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM
well done Nastya but u must play better vs Raymond. dont lose focus and have ocntrol of the match since the start
Go Nastya :D

Spunky83
Jan 20th, 2005, 09:21 AM
OMG...such a slow beginning, but however a win is a win and I am pretty sure she will rise to the occasion when she needs to;)

By the way, as Eurosport Germany always have this nice connection to Nastya due to her german coach, here are some news:

- Nastya played a practice match against Kuzi yesterday and Cutie J just left the court at 0-3 cause he couldnīt stand his pupilīs shouting and screaming at him anylonger "enough is enough"...well

- Apparently she started to curse on german on court...multi-lingual is what you need

- She and Cutie J had just played a very short warm-up session yesterday right before the 2nr round match, no practice, maybe a reason why she sucked at the beginning of the match. She was already very frustrated during warm-up which lead to the fact that Cutie J told Eurosport that he just has to "shut off his ears and let her freaking out and trying not to freak out on his own"

- Apparently they are working on the muscle-part around her neck, as she should learn to use her whole upper body part instead of only using her arm, it would be better for her shoulder (it was later mentioned in the post-match interview:"Yeah, it's getting better. I have my physio here with me so we're working on it. Hopefully it's gonna get better every day.")

I really love Nastya for having a german coach;)

Iīll be back on sunday, cheers

Jamesss
Jan 20th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Very interesting Spunky. She appears to be working on her 'attitude' saying that she had seen footage of her on court and she didn't exactly liked what she saw. She said "it's important to look good" (or words to that effect).

IMO I think her attitude is fine. You've got to be nasty-a to be nice! :silly:

German are too nice sometimes it's good to see her coach not taking what she throws!

Hooray for the doubles!

Daniel
Jan 20th, 2005, 09:44 AM
nice spunky :D :hug:

goldenlox
Jan 20th, 2005, 03:18 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20050118/capt.sge.cjy42.180105082341.photo01.photo.default-238x384.jpg

It's time for Nastya to play her best tennis. Raymond will pressure ner.
Anastasia has to fight for every point in this match.

Nastyafan
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Lol, does she shout at Jens even on training?:shout: And in German. She insist to be understood clearly by him. Poor Jens should be a very enduring man. But who can leave Nastya of his own will?:angel:
Nastya has been losing to Kuzi 0-3. I hate this even in practice.:fiery:

Please be calm and strong tomorrow Nastya, T hat may be your crucial match here and you will need the whole your calmness:kiss:

beauty_is_pink
Jan 20th, 2005, 10:25 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/melbourne/f_23.jpg
ĐGetty Images
Melbourne, Australia: World No.3 Anastasia Myskina walks thru the stadium crowds Tuesday night collecting donations for UNICEF for the tsunami victims.

bless her :awww:

Emptiness
Jan 20th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Yay! Its wasn't a really pretty win but a win is a win. :)

Bahaha i recorded the Eurosport commentary [yes i know i'm very pathetic :o] and one of the commentators wants to get in Anastasia's pants. And he said it so deadpan. http://www.imagelink.org/id31204.gif But then again he says everything monotone.

I don't even have to check my tape to see who ESPN aired, Anastasia's not American or blond or Federer. I hope both finals don't involve an American so i can laugh and laugh watching the tape delay. http://www.imagelink.org/id31203.gif But they aired part of Davenport's match so that surprised me a little.

Cutie J told Eurosport that he just has to "shut off his ears and let her freaking out and trying not to freak out on his own"Hah, Jens should know by now to just let Anastasia freak out and get it out of her system.

Apparently she started to curse on german on court...multi-lingual is what you needSo her German is improving like she wanted it too? http://www.imagelink.org/id30803.gif

bless her :awww:Theres a even better picture of her and her bucket in offcourt pictures. ;)

martirogi
Jan 20th, 2005, 11:02 PM
doubles with zvon again tonight

:woohoo: vamos nastya

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:46 AM
Nastya and Vera are still in doubles - It concerns me though, they always play such long matches, and I hope it doesn't wear Anastasia out in the heat - particularly on the outdoor courts where there is less shelter.

6-6 in the first set - a close match on a hot day. I hope she plays later in the day tommorow.

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 03:52 AM
Aaaagh alright! One set all, and nearly two hours long just to that point! Nastya will be exhausted, and they had better win after this long!

On another note - Raymond pulled out of her doubles match injured - I know that's not a nice thing to happen, but if she pulled out (and it was only 1-0 first set) perhaps Nastya will recieve a walkover. I would prefer her to play a decent match before she gets too deep into the draw however!

Nastyafan
Jan 21st, 2005, 03:55 AM
Nastya is killing herself :armed: 2TB in the heat, And terrible seving, she hold about 30% of ther serves.
Why do you need this stupud doubles Nastya? And Vera why did you stay there?. That's sooo stupid. Better lose the thid set to 0:fiery:

Nastyafan
Jan 21st, 2005, 03:57 AM
What? Are you sure that Raymond has been injured?

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 03:59 AM
What? Are you sure that Raymond has been injured?

I only know whatI have read in GM - She has retired from the match with Stubbs though. :eek:

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:18 AM
From wtatour.com :

Bartoli/Groenefeld (FRA/GER) d. (3) Raymond/Stubbs (USA/AUS) 10 ret. (Raymond: lower back strain)

A back strain would be very difficult to play with - I have had stress fractures in my back, so I know! Especially if you have to recover in 24 hours. I guess we will have to wait and see tommorow. But I don't think Raymond would have pulled out of doubles if it was only slightly sore, it probably hurts a lot.

Emptiness
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:24 AM
Or she pulled out of doubles to save herself for singles like Anastasia should have. What is she doing playing doubles in the heat? Hmm? Why? http://www.imagelink.org/id31198.gif

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:32 AM
Or she pulled out of doubles to save herself for singles like Anastasia should have. What is she doing playing doubles in the heat? Hmm? Why? http://www.imagelink.org/id31198.gif

If she is actually not injured - that would be a sensible move! It is now 6-6 in the third set - a really long and silly match given the situation. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:40 AM
Finally it is over - they win 7-6 6-7 7-6 - You cannot ask for a longer match than that - and in such heat!!! Vera/Nastya serve stats/speeds do not look good either - I only hope she is not too tired now!

Nastyafan
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:41 AM
They came back from 2-5, of course failed to serve for the match but still won in TB.
Congrats for the fighting spirit girls, but I'm not happy with such a win. First, you should have won much easier. And secont that win may cost tommrrow's loss. If Raymond isn't seriously injured (i highly doubt) considering the exhaustion and the terrible serving I really don't like Nastya's chances for tomorrow:fiery:

Vass22
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:11 AM
OMG! I realy hope that she ditches any prcatice and workouts for today and tomorrow. Survive tommorow agains Raymnod and rest some more.

PFFFF Raymond is a very tough opponent for Nastya. She can't be tired.

Nastyafan
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:15 AM
Nastya plays third match on MCA. At least she will have some time to recover. But how disrespectful - #3 seed and in the world still hasn't deserved RLA, even more that promises to be the most competitive match:fiery:

Jamesss
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:50 AM
Hooray Nastya and Vera! That is one scary scoreline :scared:

:bounce: Roll on Nastya and Vera...and Nastya against Raymond! :tennis:

Emptiness
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:15 AM
Look at it this way Kam, Margaret Court is the #3 court and Anastasia is #3 in the world. http://www.imagelink.org/id30698.gif

I'm sure she'll get on Rod Laver soon, assuming she doesn't lose the next round. http://www.imagelink.org/id30781.gif

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:14 AM
From Yahoo Sport:

"Lisa Raymond lasted only one game of her doubles match before retiring with a strained back muscle, leaving her doubtful for her third-round match Saturday against French Open champion Anastasia Myskina."

I guess we have to wait until tommorow to find out what is happening with this situation - what do you guys think? A walkover would be a sad way to go through in my opinion.... Anastasia needs a good match for her confidence. But she might also need a rest if she is too buggered from her long match this afternoon.

Jamesss
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:44 AM
You wouldn't think Lisa Raymond would be the one to retire to save herself for the singles? :confused: I don't think so, on the assumption that she really digs doubles.

However, she's probably been in the best form since college tennis, so she might think that her chances in singles are better than those in doubles :shrugs:.

It'd be nice if Nastya can get through, but you can imagine the bad rep. that she would get by those saying "she had a walk over she didn't really win the AusOpen...blah blah blah"

Please play Lisa. If not for yourself, then for Nastya!

Daniel
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:47 AM
Nastya should win vs Raymond :D

martirogi
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:02 PM
foolish nastya :fiery:

you better prove you can handle both singles and doubles

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/melbourne/f_23.jpg
ĐGetty Images
Melbourne, Australia: World No.3 Anastasia Myskina walks thru the stadium crowds Tuesday night collecting donations for UNICEF for the tsunami victims.
And a lovely crowd that is!:D
Raymond might have a back problem, but Anastasia has to be prepared.
Lisa might be at her best. You have to be ready for a tough match.

Nastyafan
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:19 PM
Maybe it isn't very polite but I would prefer a walkover. I'm afraid Nastya may look like in San Diego final and she hardly concentrates against an opponent who is supposed to be injured. Do you remember last year QF vs Kim? She was leading 4-0 but when Kim took a medical timeout, as if Nastya took pity on her to not aggravate her injury and was awaiting her to retire. She didn't believe that Kim reached that ball at SP. The same story against Justine at YEC2003.
I'm not sure what to think about Raymond's injury. On one hand she should know that she has much better chances in doubles, but on the other hand she already has enough doubles titles and this is probably her last chance to do something memorable in singles. Of course probably she has some minor problem but maybe it isn't worse than Nastya's soulder problem and she doesn't want to risk aggravating it. Nastya shoudn't count on that

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:52 PM
Ofcourse, in this heat, a walkover is a good thing.
I hope Lisa isn't hurt badly.
But Anastasia has to be ready for the best of Raymond. She's very dangerous.

Nastyafan
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:14 PM
I don't wonder you have got so quickly these red dots

Nastyafan
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
A poster in GM has seen Raymond's match (?) yesterday and she hasn't looked too bad and definitely could have continued playing if she has wanted. No hope for a walkover, as I expected it was most likely a tactical withdrawal.
Oh Nastya I hope you have slept and recovered well. You will have a very tough work today.

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:31 PM
I don't wonder you have got so quickly these red dots

Neither do I!

I hope Anastasia has recovered today - if Raymond is not injured, she will be tough. Anastasia needs to serve well right from the start.

good luck!

Josh810
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:08 AM
Raymond withdrew from singles. Myskina through to the 4th round. Nice that she advances, unfortunate that it's in this way.

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:11 AM
Poor Lisa - An unfortunate way for Myskina to go through, but she might have needed it after yesterdays huge effort.

I will follow closely to see who her 4th round opponent will be - I hope Schiavone though as Nastya seems to have a stranglehold over her.

Have a good rest day Anastasia!!

Nastyafan
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:12 AM
Nastya is a lucky girl. :worship: After yesterday's silly deed she received a walkover against a very dangerous opponent. God is with you Nastya and better win the whole thing.:kiss:

I'm divided about her next opponent. Dechy is one of my favs, but usualy Schiavone is a much easier prey for Nastya:confused:

The only bad thing about this walkover is that we won't have Nastya's pics:(

martirogi
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:50 AM
federer had a walkover when he won us open so this must mean nastya will win here

Shoulderpova
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:21 AM
Nastya beat Dechy in Moscow Fed Cup last year and she also had easy win over Schiavone earlier this year in Hopman Cup.So she'll be in Quater final and face Lena D :scared:

JLDementieva
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:48 AM
Nastya is lucky that she didn't have to play today after that long doubles match! Now she can have an extra day to rest, and hopefully be fresh for her next match!

Natasc
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:54 AM
:D
nastya has lena on a leash - she is ana's bitch
God...that was the most terrible comment that I ever saw
Everybody here is respectful with Lena
maybe is you opnion that Lena is a "bitch", but you can be respectful with your opinion :rolleyes:
I hope that be here (in Nastya's thread) teach you something....like do not call good players of bitchs, or say stupids things.... :o

Nastyafan
Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:58 AM
That poster deleted his posts. Wasn't he 9 she) Lina?:rolleyes:
Pay no attention to him Elena's fans. You know, all true Nastya's fans are respectful and warm-hearted to Elena:kiss:

Natasc
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:03 AM
That poster deleted his post. Wasn't he 9 she) Lina?:rolleyes:
Pay no attention to him Elena's fans. You know, all true Nastya's fans are respectful and warm-hearted to Elena:kiss:
you wanna know the funny thing Nastyafan?
she (or he) was with 42 posts, then, after a few minutes and after GM crazy about her changed fro......38....

True, Nastya fans are always lovely with Lena :kiss:
I just wanna know about Lena and nastya friendship....cause someone said that they wasnt talking with each other.... :sad:

Nastyafan
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:59 AM
I read that in your thread too Natasha, but I hope they have been just busy andtired after the training and that probably hasn't been their first meeting there.
In an interview for "Glamour" in the end of the year Nastya named Elena as her best friend, so everything should be OK (at least from Nastya;s side):hug:

Oh Elena has problems in her match so far. Too many BP missed. But let's hope she will turn the match around:)

Jamesss
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:22 AM
Well guess we'll have to wait over the weekend for Nastya to play. Seems like forever since she played last.

She'll be playing Natalie Dechy, a name player but shouldn't be a threat to Nastya. What I want to see in quarter final is Elena and Nastya! :hearts: Now that would be a match! :bounce:

Good Win-Walkover Nastya.

Get well Lisa :sad: .

Daniel
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Vamos Nastya vs. Dechy :kiss: :D

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
Ofcourse, in this heat, a walkover is a good thing.
I hope Lisa isn't hurt badly.
But Anastasia has to be ready for the best of Raymond. She's very dangerous.This is a major. I just want Anastasia to keep advancing.
Get well Lisa.
Stay focused Anastasia.

the cat
Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:08 PM
Ana got a lucky break with Raymond's injury. The rest from her walkover will do her some good. Now she has to take advantage of being well rested and her beatable draw.

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:11 PM
This is a very big break. But it's still just the 4th round.
Anastasia will have to beat Dechy, Dementieva, Davenport, to make the final.
So a walkover now is great for Nastya.

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
Superfriends and superpartners:hug:

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/425/fggffghgjh8qy.jpg

This team has a chance to win a major.

Emptiness
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:19 PM
I'd rather Anastasia of played Lisa than a walkover. It would of been a tight match but she'd win. She should beat Dechy and then it'll be an uphill battle, I don't think Elena should be taken so lightly even with their past record. Nothing should be taken lightly with Anastasia. http://www.imagelink.org/id30684.gif

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
Lena almost lost to Hantuchova. You get a walkover, you take it.
Anastasia is playing doubles too. She gets enough time on court.

Emptiness
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Well i dont mean for Anastasia to drag Lisa out, prop her up with a stick, and keep on playing. Its just a shame because i think it would of been a good battle, help her get in the mindset to win the whole thing. But this will let her rest her silly little head.

:)

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Dechy will be tough enough. Then Lena, and that's just a QF.
The fewer matches, the better. I think Anastasia will be in the semis.
But she needs to play well in every match from now on.

Nastyafan
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:15 PM
In Moscow Natya said she knows Dechy's game very well and it's easy to play her. I hope she will prove it again.
But why don't they play all 4th round matches tomorrow? I think they played so in previous years. Now Nastya has too long break and then she will have to play too much especialy if she advances in both tourneys
And please, no marathon with the Chinese tomorrow Nastya!

martirogi
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:25 PM
i think only wimbly they play 4th round on the same day, but im not sure

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Good luck versus the Chinese pair in doubles today! I surely hope it's not a really hot day - and I also hope it is not won in 3 TB! Play agressive tennis and make a good start Anastasia - I want you to have a lot of energy on Monday!

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
I am just watching Sveta and Vera warm up - the weather is only 23 degrees in Melbourne currently, I think it is a good thing if Anastasia is playing doubles today - not too hot just yet.

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:51 PM
First set 6-1 in about 22 mins! That;s much better - but down and early break in the second - get it together team!

Almalyk
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:26 AM
61 75 - Well done girls, and in just over one hour

martirogi
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
thank god it was quick

Nastyafan
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
Superpartners didn't waste too much time todai 6-1 7-5 and they are on QF:worship:
Well done girls, be even more convincing tomorrow Nastya!:hearts:

martirogi
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:38 AM
they just showed the end on that arabic online tv thingy

i always thought zvon was too emotional and not good enough to play with nastya but seeing them oncourt really changed my mind

wow is all i can say :worship: :hearts: :bounce:

Almalyk
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:56 AM
I just saw the last few games too - the first time I have seen them play together. Not a lot of long rallies, but the Russian girls were hitting the ball hard and at the body of the Chinese. Anastasia doesn't go to the net much, I guess it isn't her favourite place.

But I agree with Martirogi, Vera seemed stable and they looked happy! First time to the QF in doubles at a slam for the girls - good stuff!

Nastyafan
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:19 AM
Maybe Nastya is angry at the Chinese after Sydney and that helped them to finish quickly:worship:

Epigone
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:40 AM
i always thought zvon was too emotional and not good enough to play with nastya but seeing them oncourt really changed my mindIf you had seen them play before, you would realise that Bepa quite often carries the team :cool:

I'm happy that you got to see them play together, and now your opinion has changed :)

Nastyafan
Jan 23rd, 2005, 02:06 AM
I'm impessed how lightningly Epigone reacts to every mention of Vera's name:bolt:
Do you have a sixth sense or some software monitoring the whole board for the key word BEPA:eek: ;)

Hachiko
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:02 AM
Anastasia/Vera against Stosur/Stewart. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/masha_fan/Img_1260.jpg)
Anastasia/Vera against Stosur/Stewart. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/masha_fan/Img_1262.jpg)
Anastasia/Vera against Stosur/Stewart. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/masha_fan/Img_1265.jpg)

Almalyk
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Anastasia/Vera against Stosur/Stewart. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/masha_fan/Img_1260.jpg)
Anastasia/Vera against Stosur/Stewart. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/masha_fan/Img_1262.jpg)
Anastasia/Vera against Stosur/Stewart. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/masha_fan/Img_1265.jpg)

Thanks Chevina :wavey:

I like the last one! Nastya's service action in the first one makes her look a little :eek:

Nastya finally gets to play on RL Arena tomorrow - second match

Daniel
Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks Chevina :)

Good luck in the 4R!!! :kiss: :worship: :yeah:

Nastyafan
Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
Nastya with gauzy-yellow:eek:
it suits with her chocolate tan:hearts: :lick:

yeah finaly RL for Nastya! Spend the whole week there girl!:yeah:

Daniel
Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:30 AM
any color suits Nastya, she is so beautiful :D :hearts:

Spunky83
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:05 PM
Hello, I am back and happy that Nastya played sooo damn well against Raymond, that was a quick one;)

...Iīve just seen the schedule and I could give the Aussie guys a big big hug if I had the chance. My faves live in row, great! Lindsayīs fans must be very sad though...lol

Nastyafan
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
Hi Spunky! Yeah, that was a dream-match to me. No nerves, no tension and Nastya is through. The only bad thing was they didn't show the match and there weren't even pics from it but I can live with that.:worship:
Haha I would like to see bis and andrew, probably they are :mad: :nerner: :fiery:

Go Nastya, show the crowd on RL that you are not only much more beautiful and attractive but you can play briliant tennis too!:kiss: :tennis:

Emptiness
Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Chevina. :hug:

I like the last one! Nastya's service action in the first one makes her look a little :eek:Look a little what? The second one makes me crack up. Look at her fangs! http://www.imagelink.org/id30839.gif

Spunky. http://www.imagelink.org/id30827.gif

Spunky83
Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM
Go Nastya, show the crowd on RL that you are not only much more beautiful and attractive but you can play briliant tennis too!:kiss: :tennis:

Hello to you guys;)...yeah, it was about time they let her play on the Rod Laver Arena. Not because it is deserved or whatever but just because she must get used to the conditions of the court and besides I guess Nathalie will be much more impressed with the courtīs sizes than Nastya...so should be a good one.

Almalyk
Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:32 PM
Hello to you guys;)...yeah, it was about time they let her play on the Rod Laver Arena. Not because it is deserved or whatever but just because she must get used to the conditions of the court and besides I guess Nathalie will be much more impressed with the courtīs sizes than Nastya...so should be a good one.

I expect a convincing victory! I am gutted because I won't get to see the match because I have a job interview! All the best Anastasia!

deckham
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:46 AM
oh crap... is anyone here?????? what is going on in the myskina match... is anyone watching???? crappy espn isn't showing anything and it's 5-3 for dechy..... :drink: :drink:

sorry i haven't been here in forever..... :( ... i miss our crazy banter and our lovely nastya.... go nastya ... :)) :)) :)) :drink:

wolfgang
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Nathalie is playing very solidly. Nastya is missing a LOT on her forehand......

wolfgang
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Now Nathalie up a set and a break. Nastya going for her shots and just making too many errors...

@m@nd@
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:16 AM
is myskina losing because shes upset that her friend just lost? lol
come on!!! GO NASTYA~

Josh810
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Doesn't look good. Just about over. :sad:

JLDementieva
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:30 AM
This is the worst day ever! WORST DAY EVER!!!!

Shoulderpova
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:30 AM
:woohoo: Myskina lost :woohoo: