PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Nastyafan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
Hi Daniel. http://www.imagelink.org/id30827.gif

Yeah... my internet got cut and then i was busy drowning my sorrows in alcohol. http://www.imagelink.org/id30721.gif

But now that most people are back and the tennis season is starting up again we can keep the thread at the top with useless crap. http://www.imagelink.org/id30820.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id30818.gifNo, we don't write crap here, Nastya's fans are the most intelligent ever:angel:

Hahs, they shut down London in anticipation of you. :tape: ... ;)Probably because Spunky warned them about me:fiery:
and of course she is a girl, Daniel, probably you haven't read her posts carefully:)

Nastyafan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
What a disaster, they lost probably to the weakest team:sad:
and after that good start from Nastya
I believe they stil have a chance but it seems Marat is still in a vacation mode:fiery:

Emptiness
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:14 PM
I can't believe they fucked up and lost. They had their chances. http://www.imagelink.org/id30659.gif
I also think Marat was underprepared. He should of skipped that damn ceremony and came early to practice. He should of defeated Tommy Haas. Bad start to the year. http://www.imagelink.org/id31212.gif

Spunky is a woman?? i tohught he is a man.:tape:!! I did too. Before.
Spunky isn't a very feminine name i guess.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:29 PM
Anastasia and Marat don't make a good mixed doubles team.
I'm not sure why.
But the important thing is to peak in Melbourne.
And stay healthy.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
http://img61.exs.cx/img61/7392/z2fglamour.jpg
No reason Anastasia can't win in Melbourne. I think she has a great chance for her second major:D

Nastyafan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:27 PM
Yes, I marked it too. They should have won their singles matches. Maybe they enjoy too much on court together and can't concentrate.
Of course, the most important thing is AO, but a win here could be a huge boost for Nastya. And after being called the huge favourite for the cup, the failure here may put her mood and confidence down And she loves to win for her country so much:sad:

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:30 PM
All Anastasia can do is win her singles matches.
Then she plays in Sydney, which has a very tough draw.
This is a hard month for Anastasia.
Sveta and Maria are skipping Sydney to play a Tier I in Japan.

Nastyafan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Maybe that's a better tactic. Nastya could be exhaused especially with the heat there. Someone said she has already a nice brown tan, but won't she burn out before AO?:unsure:

katiektc
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Let's hope not!
she's out there nice and early so hopefully she'll be used to the heat by AO.
Drink water Nastya!!!! ;)

Nastyafan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:18 PM
Marat has played really awful.:smash: Nastya has put much effort in the doubles too but it hasn't been enough. :sad:
Poor Nastya, play this just for fun, you can't beat a mixed team alone but you will shine in Melbourne:hug: :yeah:
Сафин не позволил Мыскиной успешно начать сезон
3.01.2005 18:30 | РИА Ореанда

Перт. ОРЕАНДА / SPORT.RU. В первый день 2005 года в австралийском Перте стартовал Кубок Хопмана - командный турнир, в котором за сборную страны играет по одному теннисисту и теннисистке. Сначала проходят встречи одиночного разряда, после чего играется микст.

В квалификационной игре команд Голландии и Зимбабве все решилось в пользу нидерландцев в одиночных поединках, поэтому микст проходил в укороченном формате. Во встрече соперников российской сборной по группе А - Италии и Аргентины - исход матча решался в парном противостоянии, в котором южноамериканский дуэт оказался сильнее.

Победитель встречи хозяев турнира со сборной Словакии определялся не просто в миксте, а в "чемпионском" тай-брейке, когда каждая подача разыгрывается как очко и игра идет до 10 баллов.

Сборная России сегодня вступила в турнир игрой против команды Германии. Анастасия Мыскина уверенно провела свой матч, легко переиграв Анну-Лену Гренефельд. Марат Сафин выступил не очень успешно, сумев собраться только на один сет встречи с Томми Хаасом. Судьба поединка решалась в миксте.

Безвольную игру Сафина Мыскина компенсировала предельной концентрацией и точными ударами. Однако в первой партии этого оказалось недостаточно. Во втором же сете неожиданно слабо стали играть немецкие теннисисты, которые смогли выиграть только один гейм.

В "чемпионском" тай-брейке россияне начали неплохо и повели со счетом 4:3, но сначала Сафин дважды ошибся на подаче, а потом сплоховал и на приеме. В итоге преимущество было упущено, и очередная неудачная попытка Сафина поставила крест на надеждах россиян.

Таким образом, дальнейшие перспективы российской пары, посеянной на соревнованиях под первым номером, теперь выглядят не слишком радужно. Для выхода в финал Мыскиной и Сафину необходимо занять первое место в подгруппе, для чего им надо обыгрывать в среду Аргентину и в четверг Италию, а также надеяться при этом на осечки немцев.

katiektc
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
What were the scores for all the Hopman Cup matches?

~SunFlower~
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
Nice single win, Anastasia! :)
Can't believe they lost at the end, oh so close. :( :(
Step up a gear, guys!

Gowza
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:01 AM
anna-lena has a decent serve and some ok groundies but is inconsistent and needs improvement on her movement but i was really impressed with nastya's game being her first match back. signs of a good year to come! well done on the win.

Emptiness
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:26 AM
What were the scores for all the Hopman Cup matches?Anastasia Myskina def. Anna-Lena Groenefeld 3-6, 3-6.
Time: 64 minutes
Tommy Haas def. Marat Safin 6-3, 3-6, 6-1.
Time: 96 minutes
Groenefeld/Haas def. Myskina/Safin 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 [10/6]
Time: 89 minutes

I'm mad at Marat. How did he expect compete at a high level arriving just a day earlier? Irresponsible. This may be the only opportunity for Anastasia to win the Hopman Cup. He, on the other hand will most likely represent Russia again next year. Damn hippo. http://www.imagelink.org/id30794.gif

He better step it up and they both better work on doubles.

anna-lena has a decent serve and some ok groundies but is inconsistent and needs improvement on her movement but i was really impressed with nastya's game being her first match back. signs of a good year to come! well done on the win.You watched the match live? How were Anastasia and Marat in doubles? And Anastasia's second serve.. any sign of improvement? http://www.imagelink.org/id30747.gif

Gowza
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:37 AM
i saw it on the tele. in the doubles, i didnt watch much of it but from what i saw they were playing ok, they can match any team in the event but they just got to focus and work for it a bit more, might just be because they werent use to playing with each other.

the 2nd serve, i dont think there was much improvement, she was still serving slow about 50km below her first serve.

Emptiness
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Well i guess theres still hope it'll magically fix itself before Aus Open. http://www.imagelink.org/id30805.gif

Thanks for info. :)

Daniel
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:26 AM
stupid Marat, insted of helping Nastya just makig the situaution bad for her :fiery:

Good luck Russia next match :)

Greenout
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Maybe that's a better tactic. Nastya could be exhaused especially with the heat there. Someone said she has already a nice brown tan, but won't she burn out before AO?:unsure:

Just watched the delayed tape of Germany -vs- Russia/HOPMAN CUP
and yes- Vampire has a great tan. :yeah:

Marat looked jet lagged. :lol: He stood around and balled
watched in doubles and made Vampire do all the hard work.

They didn't look upset; but the Vampire's second serve in
her singles match looked "limp". Hmmm... the racquet throwing
was great though! Nice high bounce! :p

katiektc
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Hehe racket-throwing should become an olympic sport, maybe then nastya could have won a gold :tape:

When is Russia's next match? is there a website? :worship:

Dementinator
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Capt Dem hear from the Bridge of SS Dementieva wishing all those aboard Gunboat Myskina a happy new year...
Hmm Olympic Racket throwing heheh Nastyas pretty good at that, but Lena D has tossed hers in the air once ,and its never been seen since ,I hear its now orbiting Mars..

Emptiness
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Ohhhhhh snap!
We don't make jokes about Athens. Infact there was no Athens, it was just a idea concocted by a mad scientist using an extremely complicated and intricate machine that projects the whole olympics into our dreams for the sole purpose of increasing the world's fear and the general mystique of the superpowers. Let us never speak of it again. http://www.imagelink.org/id30674.gif

Yeah theres a website.
http://www.hopmancup.com.au/
They have really good live scores too. Shows whose serving and the points.
http://www.hopmancup.com.au/livescores/default.aspx

Daniel
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Happy new year for u too Dementinator :hug:

Greenout
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Whoo! We get to watch Russia -vs- Argentina on Wed. night! :)
Coria -vs- Marat, and Vampire -vs- Gisela "Old lady Martina slayer" Dulko!

I hope Marat loses again, and we can see what looks like to be
a cracker of dubs match with Coria/Dulko -vs- Jet Lagged Marat/Vampire!
:yeah:

Daniel
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Go Vampire :yeah: :p

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:52 PM
As long as Anastasia is playing well in singles, that's all I care about.

Get to Melbourne healthy and in form.

Nastyafan
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Instead of throwing the racket Nastya should:smash:Marat's empty pate with it.
And if he loses again better Nastya to refuse to show up for doubles with him as she does with her superpartner Vera.:hug:
But of course she won't do it because she is too patriotic:kiss: (unfortunately it seems the only one who really cares for the team competitions):fiery:

katiektc
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Ohhhhhh snap!
We don't make jokes about Athens. Infact there was no Athens, it was just a idea concocted by a mad scientist using an extremely complicated and intricate machine that projects the whole olympics into our dreams for the sole purpose of increasing the world's fear and the general mystique of the superpowers. Let us never speak of it again. http://www.imagelink.org/id30674.gif

Yeah theres a website.
http://www.hopmancup.com.au/
They have really good live scores too. Shows whose serving and the points.
http://www.hopmancup.com.au/livescores/default.aspx

Hmm...nice theory. As a Lena D fan ill support the theory. Athens? i dont even remember it :devil:
thanks for links, ur a star :bounce:

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I view Hopman Cup as a chance for Anastasia to make some money, and prepare for Melbourne.
I hope she and Marat win. But I want results in Melbourne. That's what's important about Australia.

katiektc
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:44 PM
GL, i doubt Nastya is looking at the Hopman Cup as a money making chance. It's not like she is broke.
It's more important to have fun and represent your country, which we know she loves.

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I said I look at it as easy money. I know Anastasia wants to win.
But Fed Cup is much more important.

Nastyafan
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Of course Nastya does't care about the money when she plays for her country. And they aren't so much here.
And after winning FC I'm sure she would prefer Hopman cup to second FC. She is just that sort of a person - she wants to conquer all possible peaks

miffedmax
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Hmm...nice theory. As a Lena D fan ill support the theory. Athens? i dont even remember it :devil:
thanks for links, ur a star :bounce:

Of course I remember Athens. There were two important soccer tournaments near there, and the U.S. women won one of them.

Max

Greenout
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:39 AM
There was a funny moment in Germany match in dubs. Vampire
totally miss hit a shot and it ended to be a perfect insane return
flung at the very tip of the line passing team Germany.

She beamed and looked around meekly as if to say "i'm sorry, it was
a lucky shot...no really, lucky. Marat did you see that?"

:haha:

No Marat didn't see that and he said nothing! :tape:

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Nastya def. Gisela 6-2 6-1

well done, girl! :kiss:

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Nastya perfect again 6-2 6-1 over Dulko:bounce: :kiss:
but now the drunkard:drink:
i will take some sleep but don't dare to lose again, empty pate:smash:

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Coria def. Marat 7-6(4) 6-1

Coria/Dulko def. Safin/Myskina 6-2 6-0

Greenout
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Coria def. Marat 7-6(4) 6-1

Coria/Dulko def. Safin/Myskina 6-2 6-0

I'll give you my match report after I watch it on TV tonight.
I have a strange hunch that Vampire decided to make Marat
work his side of the court, and not run around him to do
his job. :tape:

All jokes aside; you have to give our man Marat credit
for being the gentlemen, unlike James Blake and not resorting
to blowing away the female player on his returns or
serves! I hate it when Blake plays mixed dubs like that, it's
unsporting, and rather silly. :wavey:

HOPMAN CUP judges give this 9.9 in stick bouncing! :p
http://img113.exs.cx/img113/786/sgetur55050105064343photo00qui.jpg

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Great performance by Marat. He should be proud.

At the men's tennis forum they said Anastasia looked like she was about to cry watching Marat's match. My Marat love has sunk to zero and going down. I'd be fine if he did his usual cock up but he only arrived a day earlier to his first match, that shows lack of commitment and kind of disrespectful to Anastasia. This really might of been her only chance to win Hopman Cup and we all know how insanely patriotic she is...
beatshippointoabloodypulpthenserveseveryonehippo soup http://www.imagelink.org/id30627.gif

Oh well looks like Anastasia is in good form atleast.

Gowza
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:36 AM
well done nastya, pity about the rest of the matches. safin was playing so well at the end of last year (masters cup) and he has done well at the oz open a couple of times, yet at the hopman he struggles to win matches. he's very capable of helping russian with this sort of tournament and i was hoping for a blake/safin encounter in the final but doesnt look like that will happen. well done again nastya.

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:50 AM
He really did it again.:mad:
Stupid marat you are shame for Russia. :fiery: And they elected him the best Russian, invited to parliamentary celebration but Nastya - not. Congrats Tarpishev you have your part in that disaster too.:devil:

I totaly lost any respect to Marat too. I hope he will fall dramaticly in the ranking this year and will end in an alcoholic house :devil: :drink:

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Haha i won't go as far as that but i hope a racket smashes him in the nuts. :)

frenchie
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:30 AM
At least nastya won't be exhausted for Sydney and will have time to prepare correctly! her real season begins there. She has to see this Hopman cup as a training session and from what I read she seems to be playing really well.
GOOD LUCK

Daniel
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:34 AM
I am so sad Nastya loves represting Russian and Marat just cant be more disrepectful to everynoe and Nastya. his lack f commitment and preparation suck big time :fiery:
next year Nastya needs to get another partner who really wants to win .

Nastya, well done by beating Gisela :smooch:

Daniel
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:45 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200501/r38231_95832.jpg

jochem
Jan 5th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I'll give you my match report after I watch it on TV tonight.
I have a strange hunch that Vampire decided to make Marat
work his side of the court, and not run around him to do
his job. :tape:

All jokes aside; you have to give our man Marat credit
for being the gentlemen, unlike James Blake and not resorting
to blowing away the female player on his returns or
serves! I hate it when Blake plays mixed dubs like that, it's
unsporting, and rather silly. :wavey:

HOPMAN CUP judges give this 9.9 in stick bouncing! :p
http://img113.exs.cx/img113/786/sgetur55050105064343photo00qui.jpg

Blake and Shaughnessy lost to Krajicek and Wessels 7-5 7-5!!!!!!!!!! Didn't Blake blow away 15-year-old Krajicek's serve away???! Impressive!!
But we allready knew she is promissing while she lost two good matches in singles so far: vs Shaughnessy 7-5 6-4 and to world no.13 Molik 6-3 7-5!!!! And we have to note that Krajiceks singles ranking is just 244 and she does not have much experience on the pro tour....so :worship:

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:15 PM
I begin to think that marat is a selfish overweening jerk who cares about nothing but money. He came to Sopot only because of money and lost, lost early at Olympics, lost his only match in Davis cup but was playing great in the tourneys with high prize money.

Poor Nastya, she wanted and deserved that cup so badly:sad: :hug: . but it seems in the last match she lost her spirit and desire too. But maybe that's better, she shouldn't accept this loss too badly, she did everything in her power in the previous matches.Now I expect a loss against Schiavone, Nastya can't play without motivation:fiery:
Don't be sad and angry because of somebody else's mistakes and irresponsibility.:devil: , Nastya, Australia will hear a lot about you in the next weeks:kiss: :yeah:

Greenout
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Ok- the first was fun. Good nice dubs, Vampire smiled and there
was a funny moment when Coria poached and the ball hit Marat's
crotch area. :lol:

She tried, but Marat was flatter than a 3 day can of Pepsi in set
number 2. He was even making me depressed. Coria on the other
hand was dazzling and encouraging Gisela by talking, doing hi-fives
and smiling whenever she hit a good return. It was cool watching
her return Marat's serves as winners. :p

*It was kind of weird in the first games Vampire played the
backhand side of the court. at about 4-1 they changed sides.
Isn't this against the rules to change your positions midway
thru a set in mixed dubs? :lol: They did do better; but as
I forecasted she refused to do Marat's work on his side of
the court. There was no communication at all, and
during one point they almost ran into each other both trying
to get a highback volley off a lob shot. :tape:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Anastasia seems ready for Melbourne. I think she can win her second major:worship:
She's certainly one of the favorites:D

the cat
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Good posts Nastyfan and Daniel. Safin is still clueless after all these years. :rolleyes: He had the talent to be an all time great player. Now he might not even be inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame after he retires. If Marat had Maria Sharapova's strong will to win he would be a great tennis player. But he doesn't have that strong will to win and that much is obvious after all these years. Nastya is committed to Hopman Cup but Marat really isn't. :(

Nastya and Masha would make a better Hopman Cup team that Myskina and Safin. :D ;)

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Maria, Maria, blah, blah. All of cat's Maria talk reminds me that media day in Melbourne should be fun:D

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Great reports Greenout, :worship: though of sad matches:sad:
I hope that ball in marat's crotch area realy hurt him:devil:
Did Nastya look too disappointed after the loss or indifferent?

Nastya and Masha together in Hopman cup? :eek:That's a great idea, if they don't want to play FC together, put them in HC:yeah: :lol: . I guess Masha will take the male part.:p

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Ohhh The Cat got called out by Glox. http://www.imagelink.org/id30728.gif

Nfan i think Safin wants perfection and when he doesn't get it, he gives up, explaining the 1-6 against Coria and Haas. But thats no excuse, it wasn't only his ass on the line, this tournament involved another person. He should of tried atleast, last year Anastasia atleast tried and didn't tank plus she was up against Momo and Davenport. The lost to Haas is understandable but Coria? He was out for months with an injury! Really sad performance from Marat. And watch him have a good run at Aus Open. http://www.imagelink.org/id31211.gif
I how that ball to the crotch hurt too. :)

Thanks for the match info SuperGreenout. See thats the reason i don't think they'd make a good couple :p it would be all action and no talk.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Marat lost both his singles, and both mixed.
He's just not focused for this.
But Anastasia is playing well, that's the important thing.

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah but this tournament meant a lot to her, and the
pessimistic in me [99.9% of me] thinks shes won't finish
Russian #1, i definitely think she will lose #1 at some point this year.

But i guess i can't really be mad at Marat's performance,
what did i expect? Hes Marat the hippo, the ass monkey.
But he better of apologized to Anastasia. Like this!

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/1503/training1ej.jpg

I stole it from Bea from the men's forum. http://www.imagelink.org/id30796.gif

"Hopefully me and Marat will do our best here because
last year we lost and it was because of me most of the
time," smiled Myskina.:(

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:32 PM
If Marat loses everything he's in, there is nothing Anastasia can do about it.
All Nastya can do is become the best player she can be.
And she is working towards that.

katiektc
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Haha look how dirty the floor is in that pic. Just covered in split drink!!
maybe Marat slipped and injured himself and thats why he was crap.
we can dream :angel:

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Yes, Emptyrance, Marat becomes frustrated often and then he is really a pathetic sight. But the worst thing is that he hasn't a sense of responsibility before his partner and fried, before his country.He plays like it's his own job and doesn't care about the others. Therefore I'm mad at him and will cheer against him whoever he plays at AO but won't be surprised if he does even better than Nastya. I
don't agree with GL about Nastya playing well is the most important thing. Of course it's important, but the wins are the only ones that count. Often tennis is unfair sport Venus was playing very well before RG but Nastya dispatched her there, Davenport was playing great before USO, but didn't win either. The good form before a big tourney raises the expectations and the mental pressure. Therefore I'm not even sure if it's a good sign. And it's always possibe to happen some injury when she is in her best form. So only the wins count, but no one will count Nastya's wins in HC after Russia lost:sad:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Russian women are dominating, not Russian men.
There's nothing Anastasia can do about that.
There will be another Hopman Cup next year.
The only important event in Australia is in Melbourne.

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:54 PM
He doesn't look guilty on that pic:devil:
and who is the man in the middle?

katiektc
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM
He looks like Roger Federer's old coach....

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah Marat's commitment to the tournament and Anastasia is not impressive. He should feel bad.

The greasy, dirty looking man in the middle is Marat's and yup Federer's old coach Peter Lundgren.

I posted pictures in Anastasia's forum... go give them love. http://www.imagelink.org/id30822.gif

Natasc
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:02 PM
He doesn't look guilty on that pic:devil:
and who is the man in the middle?

It's Peter Lundgren
The old coach of Roger Federer, he's with Marat since last year ;)
He's a great coach, make a wonderful job in Federer, we can see this ;)

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I beat you by a minute. Now fetch me a bottle of Smirnoff. :)

Natasc
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I beat you by a minute. Now fetch me a bottle of Smirnoff. :)

I saw :haha:
Damn fast you are!!
I will give you one, going to the post office now :haha:

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Hmmm Marat's coach.. he looks satisfied with his pupil's performance instead of :smash: :boxing: him

Natasc
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Hey guys!!
I'm seeing the replay of the match between Marat and Coria
Coria is realy playing well, and Marat come in him "UE mode" :lol:

But the best thing is...everytime they show Nastya
She's on the audience seeing the match
Nastya looks so SO so So pretty!!

the cat
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I'm glad you liked my Nastya/Masha Hopman Cup idea, Natasha. :) And yes Masha would play the male players in singles. ;)

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:20 PM
of course she has been the prettiest thing in that match and the operator probably has wanted to oppose her beauty with marat's lethargy

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:23 PM
But the best thing is...everytime they show Nastya
She's on the audience seeing the match
Nastya looks so SO so So pretty!!Damn it. I demand you post screencaps. Now.

I feel like complaining about the tennis coverage again. I love being Canadian but we suck like shit. http://www.imagelink.org/id30657.gif[ takes a swing of Smirnoff :p:drink: ]

Did Anastasia really look like she was going to cry?

Natasc
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I'm glad you liked my Nastya/Masha Hopman Cup idea, Natasha. :) And yes Masha would play the male players in singles. ;)

I never said nothing about that...
I just said that I loved to see Nastya face when I was wathcing Safin's match
Nastya was SO pretty!!
Safin is good, but Coria was better...

Natasc
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Damn it. I demand you post screencaps. Now.

I feel like complaining about the tennis coverage again. I love being Canadian but we suck like shit. http://www.imagelink.org/id30657.gif[ takes a swing of Smirnoff :p:drink: ]

Did Anastasia really looking like she was going to cry?
Cry?! :confused:
No....she was laughting and looks like happy to me
I saw her in match: Safin vs Coria
She applauded Marat sometimes, but Coria was damn good

And one more time...Nastya was SO pretty :hearts: :drool:
I'm dronk about her prettiest now :haha:

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I'm glad you liked my Nastya/Masha Hopman Cup idea, Natasha. :) And yes Masha would play the male players in singles. ;)i think it was to me.
but I haven't changed my name yet:p

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
She applauded Marat sometimes, but Coria was damn goodHuh. They mentioned a couple times she looked like she was going to cry when she saw Marat had lost. On the men's forum.

People say Anastasia is even prettier in person. ;)

Nastyafan
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM
She applauded Marat sometimes, but Coria was damn good

And one more time...Nastya was SO pretty :hearts: :drool:
I'm dronk about her prettiest now :haha:Since when Coria is so good on the hard courts. Still he hasn't a big serve and Marat should overpower him. Dont find excuses for that nut:devil:

but of course Nastya is sooooo pretty:inlove: and i'm glad she hasn't taken the loss too badly

the cat
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:36 PM
I'm sorry for the mixup Nastyafan. :confused: ;)

Natasc
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Since when Coria is so good on the hard courts. Still he hasn't a big serve and Marat should overpower him. Dont find excuses for that nut:devil:

but of course Nastya is sooooo pretty:inlove: and i'm glad she hasn't taken the loss too badly
i'm telling you Nastyafan...Coria was amazing in that match
Coria is the type of player that can return every single ball, a typical thing of clay players, like Nastya and Lena
If you need hit 150 in the ball for win the point, he will hit 150
But Marat is to "No-patience" guy
And marat also was in his "UE Mode".... unforced errors for everywhere
So, if a player play amazing (Coria) and other not that amazing (Marat), the amazing one win ;)
And Coria also was with an AMAZING first service, that's new for him
So, that wasn't that bad

I just think that Nastya and Marat don't make a good doubles mix team
Maybe cause after all that Marat's mum did with Nastya and Lena :haha:
The thing is that nastya was so PRETTY watching Marat's game...SO SO pretty!! :hearts: :drool:

Daniel
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Nastya good luck vs Schiavone :)

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Nastya crushed Schiavone too 6-3 6-2.:worship:
I really expected her to lose because they played for nothing but Schiavone could want to beat a top player.
But Nastya is a responsible person unlike her partner, she played for her and her country's honour:kiss: :yeah:

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Crap i didn't realize she was playing right now! Stupid time zones. http://www.imagelink.org/id31212.gif

Yay. Not one set dropped. Now.. think Marat and Anastasia can actually win a match? :o

katiektc
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Probably not. i watched the end of Marats match and the double match last night and he was just horrible.
Nat, yea Coria did play amazing, but he was very much helped by Marat. The guy didnt have any footwork at all, just stood there like a big tall clumsy goof. although he is v pretty :drool: :lol:
In the doubles, well, Nastya was great, really solid and consistent off both sides and her serve looked fine. Here volleys were a bit off but she doesnt volley that much anyway ;)
Poor Nastya had to run around after marats shots all the time, cover his side and go for some of his shots. he left big open spaces, and boy he did not look happy when Dulko hit amazing return winners of his 1st serve ;)
More importantly, hehe, Nastya looked beautiful. Her white outfit is really pretty. Maybe her looks put off marats game :p
Id like to see them win at least one doubles match...they might....if its a walkover :tape: Safin was just playing damn WRONG! Nastya looked so pissed at him too, they were both so grumpy and unhappy looking durin the match and didnt speak at all, not even at changeovers.

sorry for long post :angel:

Daniel
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:50 AM
well done Nastya, now to move on and be ready for Sydney :D :bounce:

Daniel
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
http://img125.exs.cx/img125/806/myskinahopman45cv.jpg

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Russian women are dominating, not Russian men.
There's nothing Anastasia can do about that.
There will be another Hopman Cup next year.
The only important event in Australia is in Melbourne.
I'll be glad when Anastasia is out of Perth.
Stay healthy! It's hot, so be careful.
The AO is important, you need to be 100% healthy.

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Anastasia Myskina def. Francesca Schiavone 3-6, 2-6
Time: 50 minutes
Davide Sanguinetti def. Marat Safin 7-6 (7/0), 6-7(3/7), 6-0
Time: 123 minutes
Schiavone/Sanguinetti def. Myskina/Safin 8-6
Time: 46 minutes

Marat Safin = El Bastardo. http://www.imagelink.org/id30744.gif
Losing to Sanguinetti? 0-3 in singles? Not one rubber won by the top seeds?
Shameful.

martirogi
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM
can anyone tell if nastya had that jaw surgery?

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the report katiektc:)
and glad to see more and more Elena's fans charmed by Nastya's beauty:cool:

and Marat managed to lose again with the funniest score . He won second set TB only to lose the third one to 0:haha: Silly Marat why did you beat that long way instead of continuing your Moscow drinking -parties :drink: :smash:

Poor Nasya you had 0.0000000000 chance with that partner:hug:

katiektc
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Poor Nastya :hug:
at least she got some practice in that heat too though, it will help her preparations.
ill watch her singles match later too :angel:

Nastyafan, of course i am charmed by her beauty :hearts: she has the best eyes on tour :yeah:

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Nastyafan, of course i am charmed by her beauty :hearts: she has the best eyes on tour :yeah:
I would say in the world:worship:
but nuts like Marat bring tears into these beautiful eyes sometimes:crying2: :hug:

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Haas and Coria are good players.
The key, just like last year, is mixed.
Anastasia and Marat still haven't won a match together.

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Yea, and Sanguaneti (or whatever his name is) is the very best
strange , I thought marat is #4 in the world
and how can you win with a partner standing like a log

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I'm still thinking about last year's AO. Anastasia could have taken Kim to a third set.
And with Kim not 100%, maybe beat Kim that day, and be in the final against Justine.
Anastasia can win this major. I think she's one of the favorites.
So I'm glad she's playing well.

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Yes, that was another great opportunity missed by Nastya. Another big lead blown. But let's hope that's in the past and she will never more lose a match in that way.

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I think she likes this tournament. And since she had her best ever results in 2004, I think she might go further this year.
I definately think Anastasia is one of the favorites, with Serena, and maybe Lindsay.

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I thought Masha is the bigges fav here;)
at least some bookies think so

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I haven't seen the odds. But Maria is a threat.
Anastasia won't see her before the semis.
I can't wait for the AO draw.

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Russian bookies give:
1:5 Masha
1:5.5 Serena Momo
1:7 Nastya, Davenpott
1:8 Jusine
the rest are 1:16 and more

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Anastasia, Lindsay, Serena, Maria.
Amelie has never won a major, she's too low. Justine hasn't been healthy.
I think Sveta needs to prove herself to the bookies.

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:25 PM
you never know with Justine, she wasn't healthy before Olympics too:fiery:
Sveta is the next one with 1:16 equal with Venus:eek:
LenaD is only 1:25

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I think Anastasia has a big chance. Serena is a real threat. And Lindsay. I'd like to see those 2 in the other half of the draw.
Otherwise, bring them on.

Vass22
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:45 PM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Nastyafan, I respect you a lot, but you said some things you probably didn't mean here.
You're too harsh about Marat. He does care about his partners and he does care about his country. I'm sure he's VERY sorry that he lost all his matches. I'm sure he cared. He just couldn't do better.

The thing is: he loses even if he's playing only for himself. And he loses liek that much more often than for Hopman Cup/ Olympics/ whatever...
Nastya herself can be like Marat at times. She oafs too. And oafing is exactly the thing that happened to Marat in this Hopman Cup. I doubt that he tanked as well, because h would never tank playing in a team...

Don't be so frustrated. Nastya didn't miss a lot. After all, it IS an exhibition. She could have won money, but she can do without it. She can screw up too sometimes. You just pitty her in those times. Pitty Marat as well. I, as Marat fan am very frustrated, angry and feel like crying at the same time.

jimmyc
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Russian bookies give:
1:5 Masha
1:5.5 Serena Momo
1:7 Nastya, Davenpott
1:8 Jusine
the rest are 1:16 and more

mate, which bookie is this? Give me a link as i might put a bet on!

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Maybe you just don't want to believe he would tank in a team situation. Look at these scores.

Tommy Haas d Marat Safin 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
Guillermo Coria 7-6(7/4), 6-1
Davide Sanguinetti 7-6 (7/0), 6-7(3/7), 6-0

I just can't believe its a coincidence that these scores appear in the last sets no matter how many drinks i have.

Arriving a day earlier than the first match does not show love for his country or respect to his partner. And yes Anastasia can be similar to Marat but there is a difference, that is singles, when it comes to representing Russia you can't deny Anastasia pours her heart into it. I'm a fan of Marats and know he is the king of inconsistencies but what really disappoints me is he didn't try till the end. He got bagelled by Sanguinetti. I think that says it all. Its hard to have sympathy for someone who does not even look like they gave any real effort. Plus his partner was Anastasia, which, you know, i'm a little fan of.

Sorry your post wasn't meant for me but i wanted to defend Nfan a little. He crazy and passionate but he still has a point, sometimes. ;)

katiektc
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:49 PM
1:25 for lena d? Hmmm...think ill bet on it, not half bad bet if she won :angel:

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Vass, I'm sorry if I offended you as a Marat's fan, but I really lost a lot of respect I had to him before although I have always supported him too.
Of course I don't think he tanked his matches deliberately or doesn't care about Nastya and his country at all, but IMO he doesn't care enough, he isn't responsible enough and it's obvious from his preparation for that tourney. He prefered the parliamentary party to the preparation and acclimatization for the tourney or was too overweening and thought he would be winning without preparation. In both cases, it's only irresponsibility IMO.
I see, he wanted to win - in the last match (without any importance) he played 2 TB but the desire isn't enough always, it's nessesary to make some sacrifeces if you wants something badly. But it seems he didn't wan't to make sacrifices for that goal. I think he came here only for fun, or was sure they would win easily, but not to fight.
I doubt he is VERY sorry too. I read only parts of their intervievs, but I didn't found notes of regret or guiltiness. Even Nastya said she played bad doubles, but Marat tried to criticize the Russian journalists.
And it isn't about the money. Nastya doesn't cares about money when she plays for her country, she just wants to represent it as well as she can and to win for Russia is the biggest prize and happiness to her, even without any money prize. Therefore I think she is very frustrated and I'm frustraded because of her blighted hopes too.:timebomb:

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:58 PM
mate, which bookie is this? Give me a link as i might put a bet on!
https://www.marathonbet.com/odds.shtml

thanks for the defence Emptyrance:bowdown:

jimmyc
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
https://www.marathonbet.com/odds.shtml

thanks for the defence Emptyrance:bowdown:

******* has better odds:

S Williams 6.00
M Sharapova 6.40
A Mauresmo 6.60
J Henin H 9.2
L Davenport 12.5
A Myskina 13.00

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:37 PM
The more people think she has a shot, the more doubts i have. http://www.imagelink.org/id30781.gif

thanks for the defence EmptyranceNo problem. Vass i hope you don't think we're ganging up on you anything.

I miss Spunky... When is she coming back from her holiday? http://www.imagelink.org/id30784.gif

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:53 PM
******* has better odds:

S Williams 6.00
M Sharapova 6.40
A Mauresmo 6.60
J Henin H 9.2
L Davenport 12.5
A Myskina 13.00they don't give too much credit to Nastya :fiery:

but i can't understand their odds, why do they have so many columns and what are the small numbers ?

jimmyc
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM
they don't give too much credit to Nastya :fiery:

but i can't understand their odds, why do they have so many columns and what are the small numbers ?

You look at the BLUE column, they are the current odds, they tend to fluctuate, but not by much!

Its not about giving players credit, its about how much money you want to make, if you are confident about someone then bet on them.

The draw is very open, I think Masha, Davenport, Myskina are good value for money to bet on!

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I know it isn't about giving credit, but in fact they don't think she can win giving her so high odds
unfortunately I never bet on my best fav because i have no luck and believe I will jinx her. (sometimes bet on her long match but then she wins quickly:lol: )

but what's the red column, in some cases (bovina) it's too different from the blue one

jimmyc
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:52 PM
red column doesn't mean anything, it means you can bet against a player winning. Like you can offer other people odds. Don't bother trying that, just focus on the blue column!

Well Sharapova was 12/1 to win wimbledon last year, look what happened....

For the french open, i think bookies will give myskina much lower odds.

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:14 PM
thanks for the explanation

yes, Nastya's odds for RG were between 1:50 and 1:100
and these for Greece at European football championship were over 1:150 but it happened

jimmyc
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:43 PM
thanks for the explanation

yes, Nastya's odds for RG were between 1:50 and 1:100
and these for Greece at European football championship were over 1:150 but it happened

Well the difference is IMO Nastya will win a GS again, whereas Greece..... :tape:

Nastyafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:34 PM
never say never - Greece will be Greece probably for many centuries so they always have a chance
but of course I hope you are right about Nastya:worship:
and it seems they chanched the odds - Nastya is 1:11 now - maybe many people bet on her and the bookies have a scare for their money:scared:

jimmyc
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:47 PM
never say never - Greece will be Greece probably for many centuries so they always have a chance
but of course I hope you are right about Nastya:worship:
and it seems they chanched the odds - Nastya is 1:11 now - maybe many people bet on her and the bookies have a scare for their money:scared:

I've been checking for the past few days now.

Myskina's odds seems to fluctuate between 10-13.
Sharapova between 5.5-7.0, same with Serena!

Davenport seems to have good value for money as well

Greenout
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I've been checking for the past few days now.

Myskina's odds seems to fluctuate between 10-13.
Sharapova between 5.5-7.0, same with Serena!

Davenport seems to have good value for money as well

Serena's interview where she boasted about getting back
to #1 put her on the top of the bookmakers. Really it's
a suckers bet. She talks big, and has yet to come up with
the goods. Let's be real folks, the WS family have losing
record to Sharpy, and they can't even beat Lindsay nowadays.

With the weird draws, which will no doubt make one side
top heavy. I forsee an French/Russian semi final. Seriously.
I see it as SF 1 Sharpy(or ED) -vs- Justine and SF 2
Vampire -vs- Amelie (Both of these players are far
superior on rebound ace than the WS).

I don't know why? but I think Lindsay might knuckle under
the pressure of another grand slam with a stacked draw.

Anyway Vamp will do well. I don't know if anybody has said
this before; but Chiang Mai and Hong Kong are not "rebound ace"
courts. It's mid paced hardcourts. Hardly the right prep for
Melbourne. :tape:

Daniel
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Serena sucks, just let her dream of getting #1 ranking :lol:

Go Nastya, get the title in Sydney :yeah:

Nastyafan
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I think the bookies are just cautious - they know most of Americans still think Serena is the best and will bet on her, so the bookies don't wan't to sustain big loses if she accidentally wins
I hope your predictions willl come true Greenout, though I wold prefer not to see Momo in SF:yeah:

jimmyc
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Masha/Myskina final would be cool!!!

I wonder who the Russian public would support more?

Nastyafan
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I would prefe Nastya-LenaD as always, but it would be very sweet also if Nastya gets revenge on Masha in the final and shut up Yuri's nasty mouth:tape:

jimmyc
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Masha is cool! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Her dad is not :fiery:

Roxers
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Vass, I'm sorry if I offended you as a Marat's fan, but I really lost a lot of respect I had to him before although I have always supported him too.
Of course I don't think he tanked his matches deliberately or doesn't care about Nastya and his country at all, but IMO he doesn't care enough, he isn't responsible enough and it's obvious from his preparation for that tourney. He prefered the parliamentary party to the preparation and acclimatization for the tourney or was too overweening and thought he would be winning without preparation. In both cases, it's only irresponsibility IMO.
I see, he wanted to win - in the last match (without any importance) he played 2 TB but the desire isn't enough always, it's nessesary to make some sacrifeces if you wants something badly. But it seems he didn't wan't to make sacrifices for that goal. I think he came here only for fun, or was sure they would win easily, but not to fight.
I doubt he is VERY sorry too. I read only parts of their intervievs, but I didn't found notes of regret or guiltiness. Even Nastya said she played bad doubles, but Marat tried to criticize the Russian journalists.
And it isn't about the money. Nastya doesn't cares about money when she plays for her country, she just wants to represent it as well as she can and to win for Russia is the biggest prize and happiness to her, even without any money prize. Therefore I think she is very frustrated and I'm frustraded because of her blighted hopes too.:timebomb:

I think that if you read this full report of the Hopman Cup you would see that marat is not bad at all, as you suggest.

http://www.geocities.com/atp_chica/Hopman_CupXVII_Report.html

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
******* has better odds:

S Williams 6.00
M Sharapova 6.40
A Mauresmo 6.60
J Henin H 9.2
L Davenport 12.5
A Myskina 13.00I don't know how people bet on this. Who would have guessed Anastasia at RG?
Or Sveta in NYC?
I think if Anastasia does well, her odds will be lower at RG.

Emptiness
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.geocities.com/atp_chica/Hopman_CupXVII_Report.htmlThe author of this report is not at all a Marat fan ehs? :)
There really is no excuse for Marat's performance. He chose to arrive late. But whatever, its over, i choose to pretend this tournament never existed just like Athens. http://www.imagelink.org/id30822.gif

can anyone tell if nastya had that jaw surgery?I think that was just a white lie.

Anyway Vamp will do well.Ahs! Don't say that! *plugs ears and sings offkey*

Nastyafan
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I think that if you read this full report of the Hopman Cup you would see that marat is not bad at all, as you suggest.

http://www.geocities.com/atp_chica/Hopman_CupXVII_Report.htmlI didn't find too much in Marat's defence in that article, even understood that he was bageled by cramping Sanguanetti:haha:
What makes him better? That he was trying to fight for 1 or 2 sets in every match (according to his huge fan) and smashed several rackets? If he has strength only for 2 sets why will he go to Melbourne - the shortest match there is in 3 sets? No, he just had no enough motivation for this tourney. That he was joking? He could be a great comedian (though he won't become the next Mcenroe) but that only proves my statement that he came here only for fun had no enough responsibility and didn't feel guilty towards Nastya and Russia.

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Anastasia can only control her own play, not Marat's.
At least Nastya and Vera won the Fed Cup doubles. A loss there would have been a disaster.
But mixed is all about the guy. How he poaches, how he returns serve.
Anastasia did all she could. Now it's on to Sydney.

Daniel
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:27 AM
still waitng fro the draw, wish she got an easy draw :D

Go Nastya :kiss:

frenchie
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Nastya will face a qualifier in her first round . In the quarter she could face Petrova (if she is not injured anymore) or maybe Hantuchova . Then in the semis she has Zvonareva but Nastya must be careful of Molik. I think it is a quite good draw because it seems progressive . I hope our Nastya reaches the final at least. I just can't wait to see her on eurosport!
Good luck

Nastyafan
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:27 PM
5-Nadia PETROVA vs Q/LL
Daniela HANTUCHOVA vs Q/LL
Q/LL vs Q/LL
bye vs 2-Anastasia MYSKINA

Decent draw for Nastya, though after the second round she won't have an easy match and I would prefer Molik on the other side. Nastya lost her last matches against Petrova and Molik but let's hope she will take revenge of them and then will continue her winning streak against Davenport.

Good luck girl, you can win this!:yeah: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=452#):kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=452#)

Gowza
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:24 PM
probably got the best early draw out of any player in the tournament, she played well in perth and if she continues that form has a good shot at this tournament. good luck!

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:38 PM
5-Nadia PETROVA vs Q/LL
Q/LL vs Q/LL

Decent draw for Nastya, though after the second round she won't have an easy match and I would prefer Molik on the other side. Nastya lost her last matches against Petrova and Molik but let's hope she will take revenge of them and then will continue her winning streak against Davenport.

Good luck girl, you can win this!:yeah: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=452#):kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=452#)It would be Molik, Lindsay, or Lena - who won Hong Kong.
So there's going to be a difficult semi, no matter what.
Drink fluids, and stay healthy. One match at a time:worship:

katiektc
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Not a bad draw for Nastya, or Lena D. Maybe another final between the two ;)
though i hope they keep energy for AO :bounce:

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I'm sure Hopman Cup was frustrating.
But now is the time to pile up points.
Win Sydney, then win the AO. Then take a rest.

Nastyafan
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM
GL I guess you have wished the same to 3-4 more players at least ;) (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=452#)
Will the titles be enough :unsure: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=452#)

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM
You're right. I think all 4 Russians in the top 6 can win the AO.
And I want them all to give it their best shot.
This is why Anastasia is in Australia.
Perth was just an exhibition.

Nastyafan
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Superpartners won't play next week:hug:
smart decision girls, no need of overplaying and risking an injury before the slam:yeah:

Emptiness
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:06 PM
5-Nadia PETROVA vs Q/LL
Q/LL vs Q/LL

Decent draw for Nastya, though after the second round she won't have an easy match and I would prefer Molik on the other side. Nastya lost her last matches against Petrova and Molik but let's hope she will take revenge of them and then will continue her winning streak against Davenport.I view Nadia as a greater threat than Molik. Anastasia's last match against Molik were under different circumstances while Nadia just defeated Anastasia in Philly after winning Kremlin. If Nadia is on i think it'll be a hard match.

GL I guess you have wished the same to 3-4 more players at leastSometimes i really wonder if Glox even likes Anastasia, or even half the players she supports. http://www.imagelink.org/id30715.gif

Nastyafan
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I view Nadia as a greater threat than Molik. Anastasia's last match against Molik were under different circumstances while Nadia just defeated Anastasia in Philly after winning Kremlin. If Nadia is on i think it'll be a hard match.

Sometimes i really wonder if Glox even likes Anastasia, or even half the players she supports. http://www.imagelink.org/id30715.gif
Nadya is tough too but I doubt she will be 100% fit after her withdrawing this week. And especially in Australia I think Molik is more dangerous.

Don't you know that GL is the biggest altruist here. She likes equally all Russian before the tourney, then a bit more the winning ones, so she is almost never upset:worship:

Daniel
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:11 AM
:lol: @ Emptiness, i tihn GL likes Nastya the most :p coz Nastya is the best right GL :smooch:

Good drawe for Nastya, just focus and take every match at a time

Go Nastya :clap2: :D

Epigone
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I saw the superfriends together today!

Bepa was practsing, and Nastya came over to the court. They ran at each other with outstretched arms, and hugged (kinda like after winning the KC).

It was so sweet :hug:

They chatted with each other, then signed autographs, and then chatted some more through a fence. I have pics of it, and you'll see them when I get home :)

Nastyafan
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:20 AM
That should have been a very cute scene:hug:
indeed they haven't met for a year:lol:
I await to see the pic with impatience:worship:

Daniel
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:52 PM
aww so sweet :D :kiss:

pleae show is the pic Epigone ;)

Nastyafan
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:10 PM
while we await Epigone's pics of suprfriends another one of the brave girls (though Nastya looks a bit scared:scared:

http://img14.exs.cx/img14/9771/zvomiami0484gm.jpg

katiektc
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Oh dear god if i was nastya i would have thrown up all over that snake...look at the size of it!!! :scared:

i feel ill!!!

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I read that Anastasia has a torn rotater cuff injury in her shoulder.
She's hoping it doesn't get worse in Australia.
And she says she won't be spending a month in Australia any more.
She wants to spend the holidays with her family.

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Here's a great article:D - Anastasia is going to be :hearts: dancing:hearts: on June 17 -

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,11895597%255E2722,00.html

the cat
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
What is the situation with Nastya's right shoulder roatator cuff tear? Having that injury is worrisome for a tennis player who serves right handed. :eek: And she should play fewer events this year than last year to rest her right shoulder more often so it holds up all year.

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:05 PM
She isn't going to play a Kim-type schedule.
But to be world #1, she has to play.

the cat
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:13 PM
It's more important that Myskina play it safe to protect her shoulder for the future. It's more important for Nastya to win another grand slam title than it is for her to become #1 on the WTA computer. Ask Kim Clijsters and Amelie Mauresmo how important making #1 was for them. It's more important to wins slams than make #1 on the WTA computer.

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
It's a slight tear in her shoulder. I haven't read that she's planning surgery.
I think she's going to let it heal on its own.
Anastasia wants to win more majors.
She also wants to be world #1.

the cat
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Winning majors is more important than the #1 computer ranking and I would bet that everyone who posts in here agrees with that.

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Anastasia wants both. So do Sveta, Lena, Maria - and all the top players.

Nastyafan
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Oh that shoulder again:scared: She should have given it more rest instead of wrecking her nerves with drunk Marat.
Please Nastya be carefull:kiss:
I'm not sure what would Nastya prefer - another GS or #1. She wants to conquer all possible peaks, so having GS already maybe she would prefer #1 and Olympic title to 2 more GS. But of course she wants both:worship:

And she will be the queen of the ball I hope with a fresh defended RG title in her trove:dance::angel:

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Hey guys, I am back!!! :D :bounce:

I really kinda missed the board, but well I managed to get the latest of the Hopman Cup and :lol: ...nice game :tape: , at least Nastya managed to win all her matches. So whatīs new? I donīt want to scroll back to the last time I posted, someone doing me the favour and giving me a short recap?

By the way: Walking on the Arthur Ashe court was a very nice experience;). Still hate the biased scheduling of the USO every year, but the USTA guys are very nice.

So if anyone is interested in pics of the locker rooms ( :drool: ) and stuff, I will post some in the next days.

Emptiness
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:21 PM
OMGITSSPUNKY!!!!
http://www.imagelink.org/id30711.gif
Welcome back! http://www.imagelink.org/id30689.gif
We missed you. Alot. How was your holidays?

Ummm quick recap? Uh well Marat was bagelled by someone ranked 103. So everyone rolled their eyes and shouted "Marat!" then rolled his drunken ass out of Hopman Cup, poor Anastasia being chained to his wrist. And.. yeah thats it i think. My memory is shit. Oh, Elena D won Watson's Water Challenge over Venus. She also defeated Maria. Vera lost to Venus after choking on the big one [as always http://www.imagelink.org/id31211.gif], so did Sveta. And then there was a late night doubles orgy.

Bepa was practsing, and Nastya came over to the court. They ran at each other with outstretched arms, and hugged (kinda like after winning the KC).Thats so cute. http://www.imagelink.org/id30740.gif
For some reason i'm picturing it like running in slow motion, outstretched arms, music in the background, rainbow of water ending with the music climaxing and a cascade of light type thing. http://www.imagelink.org/id30839.gif

Which led to the obvious question about her own personal ambition to find a partner. "No," she said "No way."You wouldn't know that by the way she dates. http://www.imagelink.org/id30822.gif I bet Anastasia would be good at fast pace dancing, matches her style of play - and driving.

the cat
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I'm glad you had a great trip Spunky. :D And that the USTA treated you well. I'm a USTA member and I insist on the USTA treating visitors such as yourself with first class style. :)

Nastyafan
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:34 PM
:woohoo: Spunky is back. :wavey:
Welcome back Spunky we missed you:kiss:
I was't able to step on Wimby's grass, but I'm gad you have been more successful in NY.

Probably we have written a lot of crap since you left and it's hard to be recaped. Better scroll back when you have time, at least I did so when I came back from England, though there wasn't written too much in my absence. For a beginning I would recommend you the pics in the forum and one old but very funny interview I translated (at least tried:tape: ) yesterday

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:44 PM
LOL, thanks a lot. So basically Marat was the reason why Russia lost, thatīs good and pretty goofy, well Marat, never know how his brain-cells work (if there are any left). That guy is weird.

Vera and Nastya...always a cute couple, those two. Look like two typical teens having fun when they are together.

My holidays were nice, though pretty exhausting. We woke up pretty early and run around town all day, trying to squeeze through the masses of people, at least I am used to this due to regular Hong Kong trips. It was crazy, the whole city was jammed with tourists. The city and country were as expected: loud, big, dirty, fascinating...the food is really bad (I didnīt know you can fry EVERY kind of food!), people are nice and like to shout out short orders instead of complete sentences...clothes are way much cheaper than here. I like it but I wouldnīt live there.

Had the "honour" to spend seven hours waiting on Time Square on new yearīs eve at the biggest new yearīs celebration party of the world. Thereīs no way, I want to experience this "party" again. However it was amazing.

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:48 PM
:woohoo: Spunky is back. :wavey:
Welcome back Spunky we missed you:kiss:
I was't able to step on Wimby's grass, but I'm gad you have been more successful in NY.

Probably we have written a lot of crap since you left and it's hard to be recaped. Better scroll back when you have time, at least I did so when I came back from England, though there wasn't written too much in my absence. For a beginning I would recommend you the pics in the forum and one old but very funny interview I translated (at least tried:tape: ) yesterday

Hey Nfan! Yeah, that Mike guy who gave me a tour through the Arthur Ashe told me they wouldnīt do tours in Wimby. Pretty sad, I mean, well whatīs better than Wimby?

I read the interviews already...Cutie-J is mentioned, I had to read it! ;) Thank you!

Emptiness
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah, Marat. http://www.imagelink.org/id30751.gif I hope Anastasia sucked him dry, his blood.

I wonder how many drinks Anastasia had when she made that 'superpartners, superfriends' comment.

Good to see you had nice time. Hehs yeah those American have fried everything haven't they? Even twinkies! ..You spent new year's eve at Times Square? Why didn't you just tape yourself in a box for a couple of hours? http://www.imagelink.org/id35115.gif

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, Marat. http://www.imagelink.org/id30751.gif I hope Anastasia sucked him dry, his blood.

I wonder how many drinks Anastasia had when she made that 'superpartners, superfriends' comment.

Good to see you had nice time. Hehs yeah those American have fried everything haven't they? Even twinkies! ..You spent new year's eve at Times Square? Why didn't you just tape yourself in a box for a couple of hours? http://www.imagelink.org/id35115.gif

Yep, I did! At least some people think itīs awesome. Well, I just thought, that when I am in the city, I could as well go to that place and experience it on my own. I really felt like being in a cage, at least it wasnīt cold. This was my first new yearīs party without alcohol and OMG I was horribly missing it. :crying2:

Nastyafan
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Haha my impressions from London were quite similar -big, loud, tons of tourists, only not dirty(except the underground evening), I didn't like the food there either, not because they fry, but use too much sweet sauces, but the people were very nice too, I had difficulties with my poor spoken English to understand them:lol: ... but I have written about my impressions already.

But 7 hours on Time Square aren't too much, and why didn't you take some bottle? Once I met the New Year on Tekim Square in Istanbul but stood there less than 2 hours and drank a lot:drink:

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Oh London is the BEST! I love it, itīs basically the only big world city I like (still have to go to Aussie and Moscow though)...oh I forgot to mention that my parents told me at christmas day that we would spend a week in London during Wimby! AHHHH!!! YEAH!!!
But I would have to go alone as my parents want to visit relatives and walk around the city...who cares.

Hey, we have a good chance that Eurosport shows Nastyaīs matches...no Momo, no Williams, no Belgians (which isnīt exactly what I wanted...), just Lindz, so letīs hope we will get some action from Down Under!!!

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:49 PM
But 7 hours on Time Square aren't too much, and why didn't you take some bottle? Once I met the New Year on Tekim Square in Istanbul but stood there less than 2 hours and drank a lot:drink:

There was no chance of going to a toilet (oh, I meant restrooms), so better stay dehydrated;)

Nastyafan
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM
There is a slight possibility that I will go to London for Wimby again so we may meet there and drink plum vine:drink:
Have you visited all other world big sites - Tokio, Mexico, Rio... You are so lucky girl if so:worship:

Yes we should see Nastya this week. Ilove tourneys without Williamses and Momo though without Davenport would be even better:lol:

what a reason for not drinking, but why should you spend 7 hours there, is it nessesary the seat to be taken so early?:lol:

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:07 PM
There is a slight possibility that I will go to London for Wimby again so we may meet there and drink plum vine:drink:
Have you visited all other world big sites - Tokio, Mexico, Rio... You are so lucky girl if so:worship:

Yes we should see Nastya this week. Ilove tourneys without Williamses and Momo though without Davenport would be even better:lol:

what a reason for not drinking, but why should you spend 7 hours there, is it nessesary the seat to be taken so early?:lol:

No, no...I still have lots of cities to check out, but London is yet to be beaten on my personal faves list.

Actually, the police prohibited drinking on Time Square and there were like thousands of cops running around, keeping an eye on everything and everyone, 1984 didnīt seem unrealistic to me anymore, we also spotted some undercover-cops (great costume people!), so no chance for it. And you werenīt allowed to go back in your "cell" once you left your spot, so there was no possibilty to drink alcholic stuff without having the urge to go to the toilet at least once.

The cops started to shut down the entrances to the streets leading to the quare at 3 pm, they would always just leave one street open to fill up one of the gated places on the Time Square, so we never knew how to get in cause the open street always changed, thatīs why you would have to go so early. There was no chance to get in later than by 7 pm.

Nastyafan
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Oh that should have been damn boring to stay 7 hours at one place without moving, drinking... I couldn't endure. But at least you will remember that New Year in all your life.
Hmm it seems 1984 and Moscow 2042 aren't only anti-utopia. Did they take your thumb-mark?

Nastyafan
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Nastya will play tomorrow her first WTA match of the year against Peng. She shouldn't underestamite her, it seems the Chinese is playing pretty well here, she already won 4 matches very convincingly.
Be focuseed Nastya and good luck!:kiss:

Daniel
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Good luck vs Peng :)

frenchie
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Hello!
French Tennis Magazine has published its year-end ranking and Nastya is number 1 ex aequo with Justine and Maria. But it is a strange ranking because they put Serena ahead of Kuznetsova and Amélie ahead of Lindsay. Last year Nastya was number 8 on that list.

Nastyafan
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:58 PM
This should be reallly a strange ranking. But as far as Nastya is #1 I don't mind :worship: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Here's a great article:D - Anastasia is going to be :hearts: dancing:hearts: on June 17 -

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,11895597%255E2722,00.html
It's time for :worship: Anastasia:D to start her dance to world #1:bounce:

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Peng is playing well this year, she hasn't lost a set.
Anastasia has to be ready for a competitive match.

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Oh that should have been damn boring to stay 7 hours at one place without moving, drinking... I couldn't endure. But at least you will remember that New Year in all your life.
Hmm it seems 1984 and Moscow 2042 aren't only anti-utopia. Did they take your thumb-mark?

Yep, at the airport..I also had to put off my shoes four times on my way to NY to let them check and my belt and that freaking boarding gate security guy asked me when I used my camera the last time... :confused:

Yay, Nastya is playing Peng (Peng! :armed: ). GO CHINA!!!

LOL, not really...roll Nastya!!!

Did she have to play the second match? If itīs a night-match I could at least follow the livescore, but I guess this is a not a match-up I will wake up for at like 3:30 am.

So have fun to you guys who actually stay awake;)

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
BTW: Found this in the Sydney-forum...Slice posted his view and impressions on the first day he went to the tourney and this is what he wrote:

in terms of ppl practising:

myskina and davenport: they were really friendly and laughing against each other a lot... davenport looked really good and has a nice short hair-cut again which suits her... i heard davenport say something bout being freaked out and they both had a good laugh, but the funniest was when nastya hit a short short to davenport who began to scream coz she had to run to get to it, LOL, but davy's serve looked amazing, aced nastya a couple of times when they played points so that was good to c....

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=4714412&posted=1#post4714412

Seems like Nastya has finally found an american friend;)...lol. Itīs cool to see them both practicing with each other.

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:57 PM
http://www.mk.ru/numbers/627/article18525.htmAn interesting Nastya interview from 2003:D

Nastyafan
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Haha probably you have looked very suspicious. And you never know with the Chinese, everyone could be a triad's member:armed: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#) Or maybe they have liked your legs:p (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Nastya plays second match - about 2:30 CET. I wonder if I should follow it, but probably not, I prefer to wake up seeing she has won :worship: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Hmmm Nastya practising with Davenport, I don't like it. Davenport's game is simple - boom-boom but Nastya shouldn't allow Davenport to read her game. Still gladd she enjoys there:kiss:

cool_olga
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:06 PM
You know, that's great to hear Nastya practiced with Lindsay. There was two most kind players on tour together :) And seems they had good time, it was surely good training for both. But that's bit weird Nastya was never training with other girls but always just Jens from what you see and hear.
That chinese may be not so easy, but Nastya'll win for sure. Good to see new season!

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:10 PM
It looks like Peng, Nadia, then Vera or Molik in the semis.
I hope Anastasia wins quickly. Get out of the heat.

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:20 PM
You know, that's great to hear Nastya practiced with Lindsay. There was two most kind players on tour together :) And seems they had good time, it was surely good training for both. But that's bit weird Nastya was never training with other girls but always just Jens from what you see and hear.
That chinese may be not so easy, but Nastya'll win for sure. Good to see new season!

She was actually practising with Justine at the FO;)...but hey, who wouldnīt prefer to spend some court time with the lovely CJ (and the nicknameīs gettinī shorter and shorter)?

Emptiness
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Woo, they look like they're having fun.

Its greats that Anastasia was practicing with Lindsay! They seem really friendly after matches. [Filderstadt, YEC]. :)

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Yep, especially when Nastya head to the wrong bench after the matchball in Filderstadt;)...LOL, Eurosport couldnīt stop themselves from showing her "ups!"-face a few times in slow-mo.

This is one of the occasions which really amused me, other one would be the time during her doubles final (?) Moscowī04 when she accidently hit the umpire with a total mis-hit...classic!

Also loved when she tried to comfort that poor little ball-girl which got knocked over by the grueling sun during her match in Indian Wellsī04, I think it was the one against Vento-Kabchi...very cute from her;)

And of course 4th rd AusOpenī04. I am sorry to say that, but for some unbelievable reason this is still my fave Nastya-match, lol.

What about you? What are your fave Nastya moments? Do we already had this?

Emptiness
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:30 PM
....I hate you Yee Wah! http://www.imagelink.org/id30657.gif

My favourite Anastasia moment is at the French Open final when she has her face in a towel and the camera vooms in on her eyes.

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:38 PM
....I hate you Yee Wah! http://www.imagelink.org/id30657.gif

My favourite Anastasia moment is at the French Open final when she has her face in a towel and the camera vooms in on her eyes.

What? Huh? What happened? Why do you hate me? :sad: I just scrolled back a few days to keep up with what happened when I was gone and there I found your post...you asked when I was going to come back, so sweet you missed me! :kiss: :sad:

If you mention the FO final, I would have to say the most memorable moments was when she was interviewed by that red haired french guy and she tried to answer and constantly looked to her staff with tears in her eyes, that was THE moment;)

Look in the articles section E...mptiness, sooo sorry

Emptiness
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I hate you because i've never seen any of those moments! The last time i saw Anastasia on tv was the last point of her US Open loss [IMG]http://www.imagelink.org/id36208.gif[/IMG ]. Thats why I'm really looking forward to AO, Anastasia better win it all so i have lots of matches to watch until FO. Yay I need to buy new tapes!

Good luck to Anastasia tommorow against Peng, she better not lose something like 6-1 1-6 5-7.

kodeRED
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:45 AM
hey guys... myskina is losing bad right now against peng... is she tanking .. what do u think??

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:01 AM
omg Nastya lost :mad: :fiery: what a miserable showing :sad: :( :(

gary
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:03 AM
she's injured ........ :bigcry: :fiery:

Almalyk
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:08 AM
She had a cut hand and took an injury time out early in the second set.

6 winners to 33 unforced errors though! not good work ethic!

what a dissapointing start - i had hoped she could win this tournament!

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:40 AM
oh noooo nsstyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
i wake up only to read this :sad: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):sad: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):sad: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
how injured" when? why?:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
before the begining of rhe season
and everything looked so goood so far and she was traing and laughing.....
how it's possible??? whyyyyyy?
i'm crushed all my hopes and dream sudenly disappeared.... damn season i hate it:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):banghead: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):crying2: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):o (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Gowza
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:56 AM
so wierd, she was playing quite well at the hopman last week. peng had pretty good groundies tho, but a bit of a kapros with basically no serve. peng was really consistent with the big groundies as well but nastya didnt play anywhere near her best.

Gowza
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:56 AM
so wierd, she was playing quite well at the hopman last week. peng had pretty good groundies tho, but a bit of a kapros with basically no serve. peng was really consistent with the big groundies as well but nastya didnt play anywhere near her best.

Greenout
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:42 AM

A shocking fluke!

I'm disappointed because I rate Vampire very highly. She
is one of very few rivals to the UberBOSS (JHH).

33 UE's tells the story.
I'm sure the hand isn't serious and we'll see her in Melbourne.

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:46 AM
From what I read in GM Nastya has been outplayed by Peng and I wonder if that is better or worse than an injury. The injury could be healthed, but if she is dominated and beaten so badly by a teenager even promising but still without any success. This time there aren't psychological reasons... Then? Maybe the only consolatory reason is if Nastya has lost that match tactically to be fresh for AO. But if so why the hell didn't she just withdraw from this tourney as many other players. Why does she need to enter in AO after such a bad loss, that won't help her confidence.... If not ... then the terrible question comes to my mind again - Aren't our hopes for #1 and another slams just a dream, an illusion that will end soon?:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Please Nastya, answer "NO!" next weeks:bowdown: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Greenout
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:51 AM
From what I read in GM Nastya has been outplayed by Peng and I wonder if that is better or worse than an injury. The injury could be healthed, but if she is dominated and beaten so badly by a teenager even promising but still without any success. This time there aren't psychological reasons... Then? Maybe the only consolatory reason is if Nastya has lost that match tactically to be fresh for AO. But if so why the hell sisn't she just withdraw from this tourney as many other players. Why does she need to enter in AO after such a bad loss, that won't help her confidence.... If not ... then the terrible question comes to my mind again - Aren't our hopes for #1 and another slams just a dream, an illusion that will end soon?:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Please Nastya, answer "NO!" nest weeks:bowdown: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

New post up at GM by a more rational neutral poster [Musashino]
and he/she said the match was lost by Vampire due to the
33 UE's. Peng wasn't winning it- the majority of the rallies were
won due to Vampire errors.

Peng didn't out play Vampire.

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:05 AM
But where did these 33UE sprout from suddenly after soo good Hopman cup? What happens sometimes in Nastya's mind? She should have been full of confidence after winnig 7 matches in a row and single handed Fed cup and suddenly she gets frustrated, unassured against some rookie. Why?

Gowza
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:20 AM
watching it my self i think it was a combination of nastya not playing all that well and peng hitting her groundies nice a deep consistently. peng hits harder than most players. to me it didnt look like nastya was out played, the unforced errors were easy mistakes that normally she wouldnt get in, i also think she took the first set a little casually after seeing pengs serve in the first game. and she hit a few really wild uncharacteristic shots, maybe her mind wasnt really on the match.

Emptiness
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:46 AM
What the fuck.
When i said don't lose something like 6-1 1-6 5-7 i was joking. Anastasia is not going to get to number one by playing like this. Theres still hope for Aus Open though, we all know Anastasia. ...Damn it i was hoping for some damn consistency, she better turn into JesusAnastasia like JesusFed by practising like a mofo in the week. http://www.imagelink.org/id30838.gif

Laugh @ those who say Anastasia was outplayed with 33 UEs. Sounds more like hope than reality. http://www.imagelink.org/id36210.gif

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40709000/jpg/_40709395_myskina_getty203.jpg
"I'm not confident but I have to look forward to the Australian Open. It's one more week so I will have time for some practice," said the Russian.Well.. atleast i'd be more worried if she had said she was confident.

Daniel
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM
oh my :o Nastya :sad: :sad: get well girl :)

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I hate you because i've never seen any of those moments! The last time i saw Anastasia on tv was the last point of her US Open loss [IMG]http://www.imagelink.org/id36208.gif[/IMG ]. Thats why I'm really looking forward to AO, Anastasia better win it all so i have lots of matches to watch until FO. Yay I need to buy new tapes!

Good luck to Anastasia tommorow against Peng, she better not lose something like 6-1 1-6 5-7.

No, no...1-6 3-6 is way much better! :lol:

Ok, itīs the start of the season, I just try to ignore this brilliant start, even Federer had some very early tourney exits in the last season.

My God, I thought our german tv channel made a mistake when I read the result on the board, as they often do. Switched over to CNN and she has made top spot on sports news ;)

:eek: :sad: ... Focuse on the AusOpen!!!

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:08 AM
The second-seeded Myskina had complained of playing too much tennis after winning three matches at last week's Hopman Cup. She also questioned whether entering the Sydney event, her first outdoor match of the season, was a wise decision leading up to the Australian Open. :hehehe:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/tennis/01/11/bc.ten.sydney.ap/index.html

Hmmm...kinda like get the feeling she tanked that match a little. Could that be a possibilty? I mean we a all know how she loves to "leave" tourneys on her own will. Whatever...

Emptiness
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:42 AM
I don't know.. some people say she looked really disappointed and this is Anastasia we're talking about. When shes good shes good and when shes bad shes really awful.

Hmm if she tanked she should of tanked against Vera! How many points are coming off now? Argh. http://www.imagelink.org/id30799.gif

My God, I thought our german tv channel made a mistake when I read the result on the board, as they often do. Switched over to CNN and she has made top spot on sports news ;)I know i thought i was still asleep. Then i realised i don't have dreams and was like Mon Dieu! Mein Gott! Merde! http://www.imagelink.org/id30781.gif

Vass22
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:12 AM
From what I read in GM Nastya has been outplayed by Peng and I wonder if that is better or worse than an injury. The injury could be healthed, but if she is dominated and beaten so badly by a teenager even promising but still without any success.
Of course it's better than an injury! I don't want her out for half a year (II'm knocking on the wood), don't know how about you.
I hope it was a tank job, or just a one day thing...

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I also was hoping it's only a nightmare, tried to sleep again and when I wake up to undestand it has been only a dream. Unfortunately not. I want to think she has tanked the match but I highly doubt. All preliminary reports were telling she is in good shape and mood, full of confidence, ready to attack #1 and sudenly this smashing blow at her confidence and ambitions. Well the hope dies last, she had bad tourneys before RG too, but the history rarely repeats itself. And AO will be reallly her last chance for #1 IMO. Because I already accept the fact she never will be a consistent player, she can't reach #1 winning several tier 1 and 2 like Davenport and Momo, her only chance is winning (or at least win and final) 2 GS. That's our Nastya and we can nothing do. Maybe it's selfish but I really would prefer if she never more wins GS but never allows such shameful loses either. I really would prefer Momo's career.What is the use if she makes me measurelessly happy for 3-4 weeks but broken in spirit, desperate... the rest 50. It's too much for my weak heart and nerves.
Have pity on me NASTYAAAAA PLEASEEEEE!!!!

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Of course it's better than an injury! I don't want her out for half a year (II'm knocking on the wood), don't know how about you.
I hope it was a tank job, or just a one day thing...Probably I'm an egoist as I said but really I don't know what's better to me. It's definitely much easier to me if she isn't playing instead of bringing me emotions like today. I just can't endure such loses,I haven't any interests and tone some days after, it's like the end of the world to me.
And if she is injured I have an explanation and an excuse for her loss. If she isn't I should accept she isn't as good as I think and want. But that's the last thing I want to accept. NOOOO!

Dementinator
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Captain Dem Here from the Bridge of SS Dementieva!!
What happened??? oh dear i was not expecting this!! Well bang goes a possible final betwen our girls!
Well Nastyafan and other Nastya fans, Do not Despair ,I know what this is like I am a Dementieva fan remember and the SS Dementieva often has silly first round losses too but also remember ,that with Lena ,after a silly loss often comes a great Tournament ,Remeber uso 2204?? loses badly to Bovina ,then makes the final of USO!
So to the crew of Gunboat Myskina ,do not panic I am sure things will be better next week I want a battle between the Power of the SS and the Speed of the Gunboat!!
Hell it sure is bad on your nerves this tennis lark isnt it!! my blood Pressure next week is gonna be sky high!!
Bad Luck Nastya do better next Week ,hell!! Lena v Daniilidou Now!! Lena should have no probs ,but then again!! Wish us luck Gunboat!!

Capt Dem

Emptiness
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Come on Negfan, you know Anastasia. She is inconsistant and i think she always will be. No wait one day she'll turn into JesusAnastasia! ..I'd rather extreme highs and lows than a straight line.

Really you are such a masochist to have Anastasia as your favourite player. http://www.imagelink.org/id36210.gif

And actually i think history repeats itself often, i think they're will be another ice age in the form of fire or water... but enough of that. Lets hope Anastasia surprises us next week. Atleast have a better showing than this, which won't be too hard. http://www.imagelink.org/id36208.gif

Thanks Dementinator, for those nice words. Both fanbases should be used to crappy subpar performances ehs.

Shuai, ranked 80th in the world, raced to a 6-1, 6-3 triumph as Myskina struggled to cope with the hot and windy conditions at the Olympic tennis center.

Russia's first female grand slam winner committed a whopping 46 unforced errors to leave her short on match practice heading to Melbourne.

"The conditions were tough but that's no excuse," she said.:o I really want to think of this as a tank.

Prizeidiot
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Hey, yeah, Anastasia played shockingly. What was most disappointing was the fact that she was hitting the ball so well in practice.

And yes, we should all be use to crappy performances. We have two of the most inconsistent players to be in the top 10. But that's part of the fun I guess. I get nervous even when Elena plays no names (like at Wimbledon last year!) and that makes tennis so much more exciting for me. But of course, it's nice to know, that Anastasia and Elena will play good more often. Which is why you guys shouldn't worry, Anastasia is a competitor, and this shouldn't shake her up too much come Australian Open time. You just wait and see

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reassuring words Capt Dem. Indeed we can only hope that you are right and the story of USO and RG repeats again but if not....i don't want even to think. Frankly speaking in first hours after every Nastya's loss nothing matters to me, but good luck to SS Dementieva, probably later in the week her success will comfort me.

Yess Empty, probably I'm a masochist to have Nastya as my fav, the life cold be so easy and quiet if I had Momo or Davenport but what can I do, I can't stand them and adore the most inconsistent player. And maybe that's a part of my masochism, I have never had a consistent player as my fav (maybe only Hingis but before she became too dominant) if Nastya becomes more consistent I might cool down towards her but Nastya makes everything to prevent this. So already we should await her success as a surprise again. I hate this thought....
And these UE increased to 46 already in such a short match. Damn Nastya what have you played, 48 points could be enough to win a match

Daniel
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Nastyafan :smooch: i know it hurts but now we kow to focus on the AO, tha tis the major goal to achieve for Nastya :D

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Well, so much for Sydney. Get healthy.
Then one match at a time in Melbourne.
Just like Roland Garros.

the cat
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Oh Nastya! :eek: What an embarrassing loss! :o Her ups and downs are amazing for a top tennis player.

Kode, I don't know if she tanked the match against Peng. But Ana was already talking about being tired and saying that next year she won't play before the Australian Open. The bad loss to Peng doesn't mean she can't rebound for Melbourne.

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:37 PM
that about tiredness before the start of the season can't be serious, she played 3 exhibitions everyone shorter than a hour

maybe that's a better explanation for a part of 46UE:
http://img130.exs.cx/img130/1160/u773p6t12d1345599f44dt20050111.jpg

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Anastasia only won one match on clay before the French Open.
Then she was down a set to Molik in round one.
Sveta had matchpoint in the fourth round.
But Anastasia won her first major.

This is not a bad loss. Now she has time to get a sense of urgency.
Anastasia has to play well, or she can lose in round 1.

the cat
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:58 PM
It's a bad loss, GL. But she can recover from it.

What happened to her right pinky to make it bleed like that? :eek:

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:17 PM
of course it's a bad loss right before GS, when she had finaly collected some confidence, and what a score
the memory for RG is the only comfort to me now
don't know what has happaned, someone said she has cut her finger but don't know where

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Here's Anastasia in Sydney -

http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31736

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Come on people, cut her some slack! :lol:

God, working sucks so much :sad: ...

bubble
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:29 PM
that about tiredness before the start of the season can't be serious, she played 3 exhibitions everyone shorter than a hour

maybe that's a better explanation for a part of 46UE:
http://img130.exs.cx/img130/1160/u773p6t12d1345599f44dt20050111.jpg
That's a nasty cut :eek:

I'm not too worried about her loss, at least it will give her time to rest and practice until AO.
I saw Nastya at the Hopman Cup last week and she was looking sharp in all her 3 singles matches' wins. :)

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I've said all along that the goal is Melbourne.
It's the only major until late May.
If Anastasia won her matches, she would be tired from the heat.
Instead, she has to build her confidence in round 1 next week.

I'm optimistic that this loss will help her focus next week.
And she will be rested, not exhausted.

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:46 PM
That's a nasty cut :eek:

I'm not too worried about her loss, at least it will give her time to rest and practice until AO.
I saw Nastya at the Hopman Cup last week and she was looking sharp in all her 3 singles matches' wins. :)Right then, when everyone was saying how well Nastya is playing I said that doesn't make me too happy because only the wins are counted and I won't be surprised if Marat will have great AO and Nastya - miserable. Now that is very possible.

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:49 PM
It was possible that Anastasia would play well in Sydney, and still play poorly in Melbourne.
She has to be focused, and fight. Or it doesn't matter who she's playing.

the cat
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Why would Ana schedule Perth and Sydney before Melbourne after her exhausting 2004 season? :confused:

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:55 PM
of course it was possible, but now it's no less possible to play bad in Melbourn too
and if she needed a rest she just had to withdraw from Sydney, she should hever allow such loses, they hurt us but her too

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Last year, she played Perth and Sydney. But in Sydney, she made the quarters.
This year, she needs to take advantage of these few days off.
And be ready to fight next week:boxing:

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM
of course it was possible, but now it's no less possible to play bad in Melbourn too
and if she needed a rest she just had to withdraw from Sydney, she should hever allow such loses, they hurt us but her tooI don't think she was planning to lose. She was practicing indoors in Perth.
It was hot and windy in Sydney, plus she hurt her finger.
She didn't concentrate well.

Life goes on. Anastasia still can win her second major next week.

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I was hoping Anastasia would win Sydney. I want her to reach world #1.
But she has to earn it on the court. And it's not easy.
Anastasia will have to focus and fight. For every match.

Emptiness
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I also don't believe she tanked, though i'd really like too. I think it was just another one of her brain farts. Just as long as she doesn't have one at AO.

I was hoping Anastasia would win Sydney. I want her to reach world #1.Oh! This is proof Glox actually likes Anastasia for more than her money. http://www.imagelink.org/id31079.gif

Come on people, cut her some slack! :lol:
God, working sucks so much :sad: ...She doesn't deserve any slack, she lost to a qualifier. http://www.imagelink.org/id36210.gif
Yeah, work sucks for me too. Its so mind numbingly boring, someone should drop an anvil on me out of pity.

Nfan could you ask those Russians where they got those pictures from? http://www.imagelink.org/id30822.gif I've looked everywhere and i've found nothing. Unless they hacked Ghetto Images..

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Sheīll be alright. I mean, we should be used to those kinds of situations now...She always has been an up and down player, but as long as she manages to win some tourneys, I donīt care;)

Hey...she also lost in her first match in Rome and we all know what happened two weeks later. So come on people, stop whining, start cheering.

Maybe Nastya just heard that her good friend Masha is turning heads right now at Rod Laver Arena and said to herself "damn, I have to go to Melbourne as fast as possible!"...however, I bet she took the very first jet to head to that city;)

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:45 PM
She doesn't deserve any slack, she lost to a qualifier! http://www.imagelink.org/id36210.gif
Yeah, work sucks for me too. Its so mind numbingly boring, someone should drop an anvil on me out of pity.

LOL...I just took that phrase because of the word "cut" ;) . Of course she has to keep herself together to be prepared for the Slam.

Oh and sheīs already wearing the latest spring collection, lovely colours, especially mixed with some red dots!

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM
This shows how hard it is to win matches.
Just because you have a higher rank, means nothing.
You have to play better on this day.

If Anastasia wants to do well in Melbourne, she needs to be very focused. And play like it's important to her.

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Interesting Article. Nastya afraid of Cutie-J? :bolt: ...at least she could make some jokes about her quality game;), jokes which apperently were taken serious by the writer :lol:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Tennis/Beaten-Myskina-refuses-to-point-finger/2005/01/11/1105423489031.html?oneclick=true
(need to sign in)

Myskina cut down to size but refuses to point the finger
By Jessica Halloran
January 12, 2005

Blood dripped from the wound on her finger and was smeared on her singlet. The doctor was called out. Nothing went right for world No.3 Anastasia Myskina as she was beaten by a little-known Chinese qualifier in the second round of the Medibank International yesterday.

The No.2 seed went down 6-1, 6-3 to Shuai Peng, which was not only not only a disappointing start to the year for the French Open champion - who had a bye in the first round of this tournament - but also a major setback for her Australian Open preparations.

Soon after the match ended, a dejected Myskina shrugged her shoulders about the slice on her little finger. It hadn't affected her play she said, all mellow. It was simply her own poor performance that led to qualifier Peng advancing to the quarter-finals. It was also the light swirling wind and heat on centre court that the Russian found trying.

"It was tough, really tough for me," Myskina said. "It's really hot and it's a little bit windy. But it's not [an] excuse, it's just, I said, really tough for [my] first match to [be played] here." She smiled and murmured that her coach might not want to guide her after an insipid display.

Myskina was uncertain if she would head straight to Melbourne in preparation for the Australian Open. "Well, I don't know. I should ask my coach, if he still want to coach me," Myskina said, then laughed.

The 23-year-old noted that she had another week to retrieve her confidence. "I have time," she said. "I mean, I'm still ... not confident, but I still look forward for the Australian Open. It's one more week, so I have enough time to practise and play [a] couple more practice matches. I should be OK."

Myskina's departure removed one of the top seeds from Alicia Molik's side of the draw - handy for the Australian, who is in fine form. Molik began her Sydney campaign well when she defeated the world No.18, Italian Francesca Schiavone, 7-6 (7-4), 6-1 in the first round on centre court yesterday.

(...)

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Empty, I don't care where they get the pics from and different people post them probably from different sources I have found pics on other Russian sites , they steal our pics too so I don't know whom to ask and maybe it isn't very polite. As far as I can see these pic I'm glad and don't care where are they from.

Spunky, your eternal good mood even in the worst moments really makes me crazy sometimes. How can you be a fan and never be sad, upset, disappointed how can you always find a funny side. Wherever I look every loss is dark grey to black and you always find something pink. Reading your posts today in GM I would think you are a Peng fan or a Nastya's hater. Well I know that still a Chinese won but a loss to Maggie or Sesil won't make it more acceptable to me. You and GL are soooo happy fans. Why can't I be like you?:banghead:

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Empty, I don't care where they get the pics from and different people post them probably from different sources I have found pics on other Russian sites , they steal our pics too so I don't know whom to ask and maybe it isn't very polite. As far as I can see these pic I'm glad and don't care where are they from.

Spunky, your eternal good mood even in the worst moments really makes me crazy sometimes. How can you be a fan and never be sad, upset, disappointed how can you always find a funny side. Wherever I look every loss is dark grey to black and you always find something pink. Reading your posts today in GM I would think you are a Peng fan or a Nastya's hater. Well I know that still a Chinese won but a loss to Maggie or Sesil won't make it more acceptable to me. You and GL are soooo happy fans. Why can't I be like you?:banghead:

I think itīs the same like on the other side, when I saw that result this morning, I thought..."oh no, Nfan will be maaaaaad!".

I donīt know I guess I have explained it a lot of times already.

Besides I am always a little bit fascinated by the players who beat my faves and sometimes it even turns to me into a fan (Leipzigī03). I am just proud of us Nastya fans that we still can say something positive about her opponent. Nfan, come on! It already happened so many times, she loses in second round, next tourney she wins, then she loses again.

My GM-posts? Yeah, I have a weird humour, very sarcastic and ironic, but hey, itīs true! Me? A Nastya-hater? Cool;)...No, serious, if she makes an early exit again without any good reason, I will spent some time with you in your dark thoughts, but so far, itīs ok.

Peng ...here she comes! Congrats!

Okay, so far, so good...I just sum up the different explanations:

1. Nastya had a wrist problem, probably just "cut her finger" ( )
2. Nastya learned from good pal Marat how to totally tank a match.
3. Nastya was just outplayed by Miss :armed:
4. Nastya just made too many unforced errors (33 UEs...should be awarded!)
5. Nastya just had a very, very bad day.

Maybe she can pull a Federer, losing early (seldom) and unbeatable in later sections in the draw...or she pulls a Schuttler (first-rd losing streak).

However, I hope sheīs fine and I am pretty sure she will still have a succesful AusOpen

Emptiness
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Empty, I don't care where they get the pics from and different people post them probably from different sources I have found pics on other Russian sites , they steal our pics too so I don't know whom to ask and maybe it isn't very polite. As far as I can see these pic I'm glad and don't care where are they from.Okay. I just wanted to know where the picture came from. Thats all.

Oh and sheīs already wearing the latest spring collection, lovely colours, especially mixed with some red dots!I hope that doesn't include this thing.
http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/NWNNPBT-BL-big.jpg
http://www.imagelink.org/id30771.gif

Hmm maybe it was the weather that caused Anastasia's crappy play. She doesn't do that good in heat right? Maybe she should try keeping around a spray bottle with water, she can squirt it on herself when shes overheated. ..Whatever it is, it must be fixed soon. She has a shot at the AO title and should use it well.

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Hehe, EX-FRAGRANCE...yeah this is a brilliant shirt, so...NICE :rolleyes:

No, no the one she wears is ok, I mean basically itīs just a little bit different from the winter collection.

BTW: Is she trying to let her hair grow back? I really liked the short hair cut....and damn sheīs tanned!

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Besides I am always a little bit fascinated by the players who beat my faves and sometimes it even turns to me into a fan (Leipzigī03). I am just proud of us Nastya fans that we still can say something positive about her opponent. Nfan, come on! It already happened so many times, she loses in second round, next tourney she wins, then she loses again. To be fascianated by the players who beat my faves? That's weird IMO, maybe another sort of masochism. I just hate, would like to kill them. Well, not forever but at least until the memory is fresh. Probably the one who knifed Seses is from my breed.
Yes that already happened so meny times but every time I hope and pray to be last and after successful periods and long breaks I really believe it will no mre happen, and then it comes again.
I had in mind mainly that post, really black humour from a fan.

I like only outfits in whish she wins, the losing outfits look like mourning outfits to me:sad:

Dementinator
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:18 PM

Hey Nastyafan ,Captain Dementinator wishing permission to board the Gunboat!!
Hmm not too much damage here that I can see ,I am sure she will be ready for next week, About your being desperate when NAstya loses ,i know what u mean ,I have the same problem with Lena too,I was Devistated when she lost in Rnd one of the Olympics cos I knew it was her dream to do well ,and the same applies when ever there have been other losses.
But i am trying to learn to keep postitive ,Its a game and a tough one that takes no prisoners ,its just u and your racket out there , no excuses sometimes there will be great times sometimes bad ones that will always be the case. I used to get so worked up and wouldnt even eat ,but occasionally seeing the funny side can help just a little bit ,and things can only get better Both Nastya and Lena have had there bad moments but hell they have had some damn great ones too, with more to come ,so please try and remain positive thats what fans do ,its hard ,damn hard and no matter how hard it seems ,hell ,u could be a Dockic fan!! (no Offence meant to an Dockic fans).
Right hell thats a long one! I think i may have overstayed my welcome here ,back to the Bridge of the SS Dementieva!!

Capt Dem

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:42 PM
its hard ,damn hard and no matter how hard it seems ,hell ,u could be a Dockic fan!!

:lol: :yeah:

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:58 PM
You are always welcome here Cap Dem. Yes there aren't too much damage here, I'm the only one with a light concussion of the brain after the crash but I hope will be better soon. Yes, we have the streakies favs on tour and similar problems. I'm not sure which fate is better - ours or of Dokic's fans. Maybe they already got used, but how can we get used with these constantly up and downs. It was so easier to accept Nastya's loses before RG when I had no too big expectations, but now when I know she could be the best I can't accept these shameful disasters. I would like to be positive but it's out of my control, I always thik it may be her last Olympic chance, last one for #1, for another slam.... The life isn't so generous, the future isn't endless..
Anyway good look to SS Dementieva tonight, I hope she won't follow her friend

Natasc
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:02 PM
You are always welcome here Cap Dem. Yes there aren't too much damage here, I'm the only one with a light concussion of the brain after the crash but I hope will be better soon. Yes, we have the streakies favs on tour and similar problems. I'm not sure which fate is better - ours or of Dokic's fans. Maybe they already got used, but how can we get used with these constantly up and downs. It was so easier to accept Nastya's loses before RG when I had no too big expectations, but now when I know she could be the best I can't accept these shameful disasters. I would like to be positive but it's out of my control, I always thik it may be her last Olympic chance, last one for #1, for another slam.... The life isn't so generous, the future isn't endless..
Anyway good look to SS Dementieva tonight, I hope she won't follow her friend
I know how you feel
I past a month without post after Lena lose in KC
Unfortunately, I don't have nothing to say for you that will make this more easy

The only medicine is see her laughting again
At least after I see Lena, that's help me

the cat
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Good point Natasha. Nastya need to laugh again and enjoy herself. :)

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Yes, Natasha, I know only her laugh will heal me
but not laughing training with Davenport like yesterday but laughing after beating her (or other big baby)

Emptiness
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Take comfort in the fact that the world is still revolving, it still exists, they still have their health and they may stand to learn from these experiences. After all isn't that how we all learn? We may classify these things as mistakes etc. but everyone makes mistakes, its how a person handles their mistakes and situations that defines them. Anastasia and Elena always get back up don't they? So if the spiel about how the world hasn't ended doesn't comfort you take comfort in the fact you support people with strong spirits. http://www.imagelink.org/id35113.gif

And its not over until the fat lady sings.
And those who don't make mistakes, make nothing.
And if you hit a low you're bound to hit a high sooner or late.
And the magical beans are made from magical seeds.
And is it working yet? http://www.imagelink.org/id36210.gif

Bottomline, don't worry so much it can't be good for your health! "Roll with the punches", do something or somebody that makes you happy. I'm sure Anastasia and Elena aren't all doom and gloom. http://www.imagelink.org/id31215.gif

And if all that didn't work... watch this!
www.ebaumsworld.com/matrixpong.html
If only Anastasia and Elena could play like this huh?
Of course Anastasia should be the guy in red. http://www.imagelink.org/id30822.gif

BTW: Is she trying to let her hair grow back? I really liked the short hair cut....and damn sheīs tanned!I like Anastasia's current hair, a compromise between long and short. And she does look very tan, hopefully she applies a bottle of 40 spf sunscreen daily or she'll turn into a wrinkly old prune. Though, i don't know if i trust photos.. how many times has she looked as orange as a oompa loompa?

Nastyafan
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for that philosophical lesson but I'm not inclined to philosophy person. The philosophy and the church always have tried to assure the people that they should be happy with something imaginurily, not will real, or to wait for the bright future or another life when everyone will be happy. Yes, the world still exist, could be worse but then why should I hope that my dreams will come true in the future that isn't sure itself? No, I prefer my wishes coming true NOW. And I wish I were different, but that's what I'm and it will be hardly changed from now on

Daniel
Jan 12th, 2005, 02:44 AM
she looks hot with long hair :drool:

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks for that philosophical lesson but I'm not inclined to philosophy person. The philosophy and the church always have tried to assure the people that they should be happy with something imaginurily, not will real, or to wait for the bright future or another life when everyone will be happy. Yes, the world still exist, could be worse but then why should I hope that my dreams will come true in the future that isn't sure itself? No, I prefer my wishes coming true NOW. And I wish I were different, but that's what I'm and it will be hardly changed from now on

....and I am not even believing in any religion;), though I appreciate the people who do. It just doesnīt work for me. I think you have to become happy because of your own will, so keep yourself together and help us cheering for her for the slam which already starts in a few days! :wavey:

Daniel
Jan 12th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Spunky :kiss: :wavey:

Emptiness
Jan 12th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for that philosophical lesson but I'm not inclined to philosophy person. The philosophy and the church always have tried to assure the people that they should be happy with something imaginurily, not will real, or to wait for the bright future or another life when everyone will be happy. Yes, the world still exist, could be worse but then why should I hope that my dreams will come true in the future that isn't sure itself? No, I prefer my wishes coming true NOW. And I wish I were different, but that's what I'm and it will be hardly changed from now onWhat are you talking about... Anastasia's and Elena's health are tangible things. So is the world existing. I didn't imply at all that you should be content with unfulfilled wishes. Instead i tried to get you and others out of thinking in extremes.

My whole post was just a really roundabout way of saying appreciate what has transpired and been achieved, keep your aspirations alive but treat them with care, and allow yourself to feel disappointment but don't drown in it. It really isn't life or death, its just tennis, just a game, its doesn't even directly affect us. Take a step back and laugh about stupid things like this (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/matrixpong.html).

First round losses warrants some negativity but its not like Anastasia is going to go hang herself now or anything. Next week is a whole nother tournament.
http://www.imagelink.org/id30625.gif

Is the website really really slow for anyone? Its takes like a minute for it to load a page. http://www.imagelink.org/id31205.gif

Nastyafan
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I understood you fine. Yes, the world exists and the sun shines are real things but you can hardly make everyone happy with that. Anastasia's and Elena's health are tangible things (though Nastya's health is doubtful) but that are normal things, they make me glad but not happy themselves. In a word that are things that we accept as given, that we appreciate only if we think "could be worse". You should be an philosopher to be happy with such things But I'm not. In our case the real thing that could make me hapy is the win. And the win NOW, not tomorrow or the day after tomorrow that could never come. Yesterday's wins are nice memories, it's always pleasant to return to them but not enough to be happy now.
I know and appreciate that you are trying to help me to take the things easy, I realize that are true and wise thoughts but it isn't easy just to put them in your character. At least to me.

Funny clip but why again with damn chinese:devil: (no offence Spunky:kiss: )