PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

the cat
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Ola, the Hopman Cup won't replace Nastya with Maria mainly because Marat Safin would not be happy with that.

And sorry Ola, I don't buy your explanation about Myskina playing sparring matches in Sopot. ;) But I understand why you were thrilled to have Nastya playing in your homeland of Poland. :)

Nastyafan
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Is there some rumour abour replacing Nastya, or it's just a guess?

Cat I don't think Sopot had a fatal part in Nastya's Olympics. It's unlikely that Nastya had physical strength for 2.5 hours, but not for the next 5 min. It was just a mental collapse like in LA

the cat
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Ola is talking about replacing Nastya with Maria for the Hopman Cup. But I would think Masha has already made plans for that week.

Daniel
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:17 AM
i sont k now about Hopman Cup, but I want Nastya to be healthy to play Fed Cup. :hug:

cool_olga
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:58 AM
And sorry Ola, I don't buy your explanation about Myskina playing sparring matches in Sopot.
I know real explenasion but will not tell more likely. And believe me Scott, it really was no effort for her there.
I hope she plays Hopman, first win Fed Cup , yeah :)

Nastyafan
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:40 AM
You mean the explanation about playing Sopot or about losing at Olympics, Ola?If it's the second one, tell me please. You see, I try hard to find these explanations but nobody wants to help me:crying2:

Spunky83
Nov 18th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Did I miss something? I don´t understand...Masha should/could/must/would replace Nastya in Hopman? Huh?

Nastyafan
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I'm divided in my mind about Nastya playing Hopman cup. On the one hand it will be a great experience playing with Marat again and I'm sure Nastya will enjoy a lot. On the other hand I want her playing a smart schedule and extremely concentrated on her ranking and big torneys:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:24 PM
First comes Fed Cup. Then Anastasia needs some time off. To rest and get 100% healthy.
I saw her play Hopmans Cup this January. She enjoyed it. But there are no points.
So if she doesn't play it, she can add some points, and get closer to world #1.

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Okay Ola. ;) Keep the real explanation to yourself. :(

Nastyafan, has there ever been a Russian tennis player who played a smart schedule? The answer is of course nyet. :mad:

Nastyafan
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:08 PM
But Nastya was the first one in many things, why not in that too?

cool_olga
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:49 PM
You mean the explanation about playing Sopot or about losing at Olympics, Ola?
Sopot

Spunky83
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I think it is pretty sad if a player only plans her schedule with the single question in the mind:"How will I reach number one as quickly and as fast as possible?"...Of course, it is intelligent to do it, but on the other side Hopman is nice to begin the new season with. Work hard and have lots of fun...there´s no reason for players to play mixed doubles, but it´s fun for them and I think they deserve something else than just jetting from one mind-grueling tourney to the next a whole year.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I don't think Anastasia is only thinking about being #1.
If that was true, she wouldn't play so much Fed Cup.
Anastasia has been on the tour for years. She knows what's important to her.
And sometimes she wants to play where she enjoys being there.

Nastyafan
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:47 PM
It seems Momo lives only with that question (and how to win a slam). I know Nastya is a very emotional person , she has many interests and goals, she wants to enjoy the life.
#1 is just an obsession in my mind:angel: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Good point Nastyafan about Anastasia becoming the first Russian tennis player to play a smart schedule.

The question now is will Nastya be the first Russina to make #1 on the WTA computer? And does it really matter?

Nastyafan
Nov 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Oh I pray for that :bowdown: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
And it matters greatly, at least to me. There are only 14 #1, they will stay in history forever.

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I think she has a good chance to be #1 next year. But what if one of the other Russina's beat her to being the first Russian world #1 om the WTA computer? :eek: How would Nastya handle that?

Emptiness
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Why ask a question you've already decided an answer upon?

I think it'll be good if Anastasia plays Hopman. Put a little fun back into tennis. Plus Marat seems to have found his game and his head, maybe it'll rub off on her. :)

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Who says I've already decided on an answer?

Emptiness
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Me. :)
I've read your posts.

Daniel
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Good point Nastyafan about Anastasia becoming the first Russian tennis player to play a smart schedule.

The question now is will Nastya be the first Russina to make #1 on the WTA computer? And does it really matter?
i dont know if it was a smart schedule, it was she shorter one compared to the other top 5 Russians, but in my opinion playing Sopot and Bali are not a good move in terms of points and quality of the field, and she even could reach finals in both of them.

I am sure she will be the first Russian to be #1 before RG in 2005. It matter because is one imprtant achievement after winning a GS. She knows she is the best Russian but being #1 in the world is just another level. Everyone would like ot have a piece of her.

Nastya :hug:

Spunky83
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Oh I pray for that :bowdown: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
And it matters greatly, at least to me. There are only 14 #1, they will stay in history forever.

:worship: right!!!

To honour this I present you my first ever signature!!! :lol:

And I won´t change it until she reaches that position!

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Anastasia has already reached world #2. She's been Russian #1 for 3 years.
Nastya will have a chance at world #1 in 2005.
She has to stay healthy, and close out her matches.

Nastyafan
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:14 PM
:worship: right!!!

To honour this I present you my first ever signature!!! :lol:

And I won´t change it until she reaches that position!Thanks for the present:worship: :kiss:
Only, better if that won't jinx her. I had her 4 goals in my signature but removed them after Olympics:fiery: :sad:

cool_olga
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Work hard and have lots of fun...
'Work hard, be yourself and have fun' - best moral ever. And amen.
Nastya seems to do that.

If she's #1 or not well, I think right now she has reached great achievments but I don;t really think she's yet deserved to be that. No.1 who really will be remembered is the one who really domitates the game for perriod of time. We'll see maybe Nastya can do it next year.

cool_olga
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Coming back to Sopot last time, Scott. I wouldn't be suprised if she played there next year.
Anyways, go for Fed Cup and have happy off season with your dreamed trophy!!!

the cat
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Ana might play Sopot next year Ola and I hope she does for your case. But I wish she didn't play Sopot this year.
So Fragrance you think you have me figured out. :p :nerner: I suppose you think I was thinking about Maria Sharapova being the possble Russina to beat Nastya to #1. ;)

greenfunkTHREE.
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:53 AM
what's the hopman cup? i thought its the fed cup nastya's playing in? urghhh. russia has to win the fed cup.! i bet with my dad $200 bucks they win.!

Epigone
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:32 AM
what's the hopman cup? i thought its the fed cup nastya's playing in? urghhh. russia has to win the fed cup.! i bet with my dad $200 bucks they win.!http://www.hopmancup.com.au/

Daniel
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:31 AM
'Work hard, be yourself and have fun' - best moral ever. And amen.
Nastya seems to do that.

If she's #1 or not well, I think right now she has reached great achievments but I don;t really think she's yet deserved to be that. No.1 who really will be remembered is the one who really domitates the game for perriod of time. We'll see maybe Nastya can do it next year.
IO cant believe u said that :eek:
Momo was #1 and she did nothing extraordinary, no GS only osme big tournaments and u think Nastya does not deserve to be #1 :o

Emptiness
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:40 AM
I suppose you think I was thinking about Maria Sharapova being the possble Russina to beat Nastya to #1. ;)I doubt you even use the word "possible" in your mind. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-rolleyes.gif;)

I also don't think Anastasia deserves to be #1... shes too erratic. Momo didn't "deserve" to be #1 either.

Daniel
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:24 AM
what kind of fans are you? :rolleyes: :p

Emptiness
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:44 AM
I know im a bad bad fan. Spank me? http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-xd.gif

cool_olga
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:54 AM
IO cant believe u said that :eek:
Momo was #1 and she did nothing extraordinary, no GS only osme big tournaments and u think Nastya does not deserve to be #1
I can't believe I said it either :p
No I of course would love Nastya to be #1 it's obvious I do extremely. but I just meant that if she became in situation that is now she would be forgotten no.1. Momo didn't deserved either this she became because somebody had to. But you have to admit Nastya is still not same level as for example Serena or Justine were to compare recently. And people would get on her she's not truly no.1.
But next season everybody is healthy. If next year Nastya will become #1 it will be well deserved. She improves every season so why not? I'll be waiting for that.

Nastyafan
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:10 PM
How did it happen that Daniel's post is cited as mine?:shrug:
Although I agree. There will be always people who will claim that someone is undeserving or lucky. Still many people think Nastya didn't deserve her RG title. What of it? That won't take away the title from her. Of course Nastya won't be a dominant player like Graf or Serena, I have no illusion about that and I think the eras of the dominations are already over, the competition is too hard now to allow someone to dominate more than 1-2 years, therefore I'm afraid Nastya won't have so many chances. But #1 still will be #1, it will be in history forever and that's enough to me:angel:

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:17 PM
If Nastya can stay Russian #1, she will become world #1.
She has great court coverage, and the experience of years on the tour.
It's her mobility and maturity that can get her to world #1.

cool_olga
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Well French Open was definitely deserved, almost everybody was there, she was the best.

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:43 PM
It was definately deserved. So was her KC victory. And Qatar.
The goal is to win majors and be world #1.
In 2005, being Russian #1 will mean being world #1.

Nastyafan
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Of course she deserves everything, including #1 according to me, but she wins only when the others are injured or don't play their best according to many people. So that term "deserved" is very relative and she will be never "deserved" for everyone.
But #1 is an absolute term, no matter how and for how long you get there. I just want her there, no matter if all top player will play their best or they will die in an aircrash

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Anastasia started 2004 very strongly. The QF in Melbourne, a win in Qatar.
She will need to stay healthy, and do very well in Melbourne, to reach #1.
Her best chance might be before RG. Anastasia was injured in IW this year.
A big spring might do it.

the cat
Nov 20th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Right again Fragrance. ;)

Myskina deserves to be #1 if she gets to #1. It's as simple as that. The same goes for Sharapova and Kuznetsova. They have all won grand slams in the last year so if any of them get to #1 in the first half of 2005 it shouldn't be questioned. :)

Daniel
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:53 AM
it shouldnt be questioned but some will.
I would be so happy the day Nastya reaches #1 :hug: :D

cool_olga
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:51 AM
I am really curious of Nastya's 2005 schedule. If she will play American clay season or skip and come back for red clay as she used to do. she was injured then but she wasn't planning to play anyways. I think nastya will do great at AO, she is very strong at the beginning, this year was mental case, now she is much more confident. But well, first is FC now.

Nastyafan
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Yea, does anyone have her schedule for the begining of the year?
Will she play Adidas. Tokio would be a very good idea too - a lot of easy points, probably only Davenport will be there and Nastya took her number.:p
But probably after 7 (singles) matches at AO she will want a rest:angel:

Spunky83
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:16 PM
But probably after 7 (singles) matches at AO she will want a rest:angel:

Exacty!!! After the long and brilliant party after the seventh match! ;)

cool_olga
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:01 PM
A party celebrated in Moscow of course.
But she always come back to Dubai, with cutting schedule things I don;t think she will suddenly want to play Tokio.

Spunky83
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:09 PM
Yep...and defending Doha (again)!!!

Spunky83
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:15 PM
Of course she deserves everything, including #1 according to me, but she wins only when the others are injured or don't play their best according to many people. So that term "deserved" is very relative and she will be never "deserved" for everyone.
But #1 is an absolute term, no matter how and for how long you get there. I just want her there, no matter if all top player will play their best or they will die in an aircrash

Of course there are still heavy doubts from some posters around here, but I think it has become better in the last few months...just take a look at this thread: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=141724 ...mysteriously a lot of people (among some former doubters) think that Nastya has a good shot to win another slam next year. The ones who still think that her slam title was handed to her, are just blind and stupid.

cool_olga
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:21 PM
No doubt FO was so well deserved! I dont know how people still can doubt. Only Kim was not there. Sveta, Venus and Jenny were great form. This title was the mosr deserved slam victory of this year maybe with Henin's AO, no doubts, concerning Wimbledon losing sf stopped by rain and Sveta's uO semifinal with Dav injury.
It will be great fight next year.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:19 PM
The French Open is still a long way away. First comes Fed Cup.
Then the most important event is the AO.
Then Anastasia can pile up points, and be world #1, and #1 seed, for Roland Garros.

Nastyafan
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:22 PM
Of course there are still heavy doubts from some posters around here, but I think it has become better in the last few months...just take a look at this thread: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=141724 ...mysteriously a lot of people (among some former doubters) think that Nastya has a good shot to win another slam next year. The ones who still think that her slam title was handed to her, are just blind and stupid.I'm glad to see that more and more people appreciate Nastya, but I would be much happier if she gets into the column "undeserving #1" than in" #2 who deserved to be #1"

Well we will allow her to rest after the good work in Melbourne till Doha where she should defend her title too, I think they promised some big prize for the 3 times in a row winner there but they don't count last year, so Nastya should win 2 times more there. And what about Adidas, is she in their commitment list?

cool_olga
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:19 PM
She will surely play Adidas I think, but almost everybody will be there.
Yeah unfortunately they deleted her title when it was not Tier II. If not she would have just one more. But well she feels 'like home' there so if she is good form she'll do her best.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:46 PM
Hopmans Cup, Sydney, and the AO are a lot of tennis in the heat.
If Anastasia does well in Australia, she'll need some rest afterwards.
I would like to see her do well in Indian Wells and Key Biscayne.
Those are super Tier I's, and Anastasia can go deep in those draws.

the cat
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:53 PM
Hey Ola, how is Nastya's slam title more deserving than Masha's when you compare who Masha beat in the semi's and final to who Nastya beat in the semi's and final I think most people would agree that Masha beat the better tennis players. But they both deserve their grand slam titles because they earned them and they beat everyone they were up against.

I think Nastya will become #1 on the computer for the first time next year at Indian Wells. :)

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:55 PM
After Indian Wells is when Anastasia has very little to defend.
I think she has a chance to be world #1 going into the FO.

Nastyafan
Nov 21st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Cat, is monitorig uninterruptedly and is ready to jump over everyone who dares to put in doubt the achievements and the posibilities of his darling. Masha should be proud wit such fans:)
But I would like all Masha's fans to be so tolerant to Nastya as Nastya's ones to Masha:fiery:

Dementinator
Nov 21st, 2004, 09:14 PM
Captain Dementinator here from the bridge of SS Dmentieva!
Would like to check all is well on board Gunboat Myskina as we have heard very few transmissions from her...
Are u still following us?? we will arrive in Riga on Weds evening...
Hope your repairs are going well as u have fed cup battle soon ,it appears we have been left outa that one, which is a shame as we coulda been great together ,still never mind we can rest up until 2005 now.
Captain Dementinator out!!

Nastyafan
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:15 PM
Welcome on the board capt Dementinator.
Thanks for your attention to our gunboat. Yes, we pluged up the holes and follow you. We should be in Moscow on time because our last mission for the year is there. I would like to be together there too... but maybe next year.
Have fun in the vacation, captain and the whole crew of SS Dementieva!:wavey:

Daniel
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:24 AM
Hey Ola, how is Nastya's slam title more deserving than Masha's when you compare who Masha beat in the semi's and final to who Nastya beat in the semi's and final I think most people would agree that Masha beat the better tennis players. But they both deserve their grand slam titles because they earned them and they beat everyone they were up against.

I think Nastya will become #1 on the computer for the first time next year at Indian Wells. :)
i agree, indian wells seems to be the time of the year she will be #1. not many point to defend those weeks. but this year she did not play any toruanemt just after the AO, waited some weeks then played Dubai so maye in 2005 she might play Paris or Antwerp.

cool_olga
Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Maybe not exactly indian Wells but after. In IW she has semifinal to defend, but Miami is with no points so that will be good chance.
I won't be arguing which title Nastya's FO or Masha's Wim is more deserved. Both were best at that surfaces.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 01:03 PM
Hopmans Cup, Sydney, and the AO are a lot of tennis in the heat.Hopman Cup is played indoors, although players usually train outdoors.

Nastyafan
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Are you sure? I think it's hard outdoors:unsure:

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:07 PM
I watched it last year. It looked outdoors to me.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:39 PM
I watched it last year. It looked outdoors to me.The Hopman Cup is played in a stadium called the Burswood Dome

You can read about it here (http://www.astsports.com.au/details.asp?Event=Hopman+Cup&Sport=Tennis)

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
I watched the whole thing this January. I guess I'm not that observant.

Spunky83
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Hehe...there´s always one day in the year, I can´t walk straight: January 1st...I´d really like to know how the pros are going to celebrate new year without any party-stuff?

This post is not to be taken seriously...the AusOpen is way too early in the year!

the cat
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:00 PM
Nastyafan, I hope and expect Masha fans will be more tolerant of Nastya in the future. :)

Thanks for agreeing with me Daniel.

Well said C_O about how both Myskina and Kournikova equally deserved their respective grand slam singles titles.

Nastyafan
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:29 PM
Strange, I was looking at pics from previous years and can't see the sky, nor the roof. But on some pics the shadows look like from the sun. Maybe the roof is transparent.:unsure:

Yes, that starting on 1st January is a bit weird. But Paris-Dakar starts usualy on 31 December too. :drive::crazy:

Lol when did Anna win GS, cat. I thought she hasn' t any title:rolleyes:

cool_olga
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:44 PM
how both Myskina and Kournikova
You mean Sharapova ;)

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:46 PM
There's Fed Cup this week. I read Anastasia had a calf injury in L.A.
If she's not healthy, Sveta and Vera should play against Austria.

cool_olga
Nov 22nd, 2004, 06:01 PM
Yep Nastya should be left for France definitely, biggest weapon should stay rested and fresh.
She's been wearing tape on her ankle but haven't seen anything bad in her moving.

Spunky83
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
So, funny thing...Bammer is out as well, meaning that Austria´s best ranked player will be around what? Rank 200? LOL.

Austria:
Yvonne Meusburger (ranked: 173) :worship:
Patricia Wartusch (225)
Daniela Kix (362)
Evelyn Fauth (379)

vs.

Russia:
Myskina (French Open winner)
Kuznetsova (US Open winner)
Zvonareva (YEC participiant)
Elena L. (great doubles player)

:lol: ...I am sorry, but if Russia is going to lose this tie... :lol:

I´d be glad if Nastya won´t have to play in the semis!!! It is just too embaressing, but somehow I have the feeling that she will play at least one of the first single-matches, just to make sure about their chances to win and in order to make the crowd happy...

BTW: Nastya´s on the introduction-page of the WTATOUR again...goodbye Masha;)

Spunky83
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Come to think about it...there´s no way that Russia won´t win the Cup if you go with the pattern. Last three slams won by russians, yec won by another russian, Fed Cup: Russia. I would bet everything I have!

Nastyafan
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:08 PM
I don't think you will gain a lot of money, Spunky. Bookies will give you 1 cent for every your dollar you bet for a win against Austria. This afternoon it was about 3 cents, but obviously they have decided it's too much:lol:

Spunky83
Nov 22nd, 2004, 10:00 PM
I don't think you will gain a lot of money, Spunky. Bookies will give you 1 cent for every your dollar you bet for a win against Austria. This afternoon it was about 3 cents, but obviously they have decided it's too much:lol:

DAMN :lol: ...I already thought I could stop working and I have also called Dubai to see if there´s any chance to get that "The Palm"-territory from the Beckhams if I pay more. Sooo close!

Maybe I will just bet against Russia, so that I can at least take some good extra money out of it...5 Euros = 200 Euros? Come on! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Almalyk
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:08 AM
Spunky - i like your signature - but who is this 15th world number 1? Anastasia i hope! :hearts:

Daniel
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:30 AM
indeed, Nastya next #1 in the world soon :) :bounce:

cool_olga
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:56 AM
Lol. obvious, Nastya had to be in first page as the best player of all in this Fed Cup ties :D
Yeah good thought, they will want to give Moscow's crowd Nastya to see. Anyways it really would be smarter if Vera and Sveta got this one. But best Russian not playing in semis no matter what the semi is, it can be weird for people.
But even if she play she'll win easily. Then France will be tough, Nastya will probably play 2 singles.

cool_olga
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:58 AM
Haha and Masha fortunately isn't on 2005 Official Guide but Davy. First they were promoting this with her. Nastya will be on cover next year, with Safin back :angel:

Daniel
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:23 PM
Russia vs Austria

R1 - S.KUZNETSOVA (RUS) vs Y.MEUSBURGER (AUT)
R2 - A.MYSKINA (RUS) vs P.WARTUSCH (AUT)
R3 - A.MYSKINA (RUS) vs Y.MEUSBURGER (AUT)
R4 - S.KUZNETSOVA (RUS) vs P.WARTUSCH (AUT)
R5 - E.LIKHOVTSEVA / V.ZVONAREVA (RUS) vs Y.MEUSBURGER / P.WARTUSCH (AUT)

Go Nastya :bounce:

cool_olga
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:43 PM
They must be kidding :eek: Nastya playing two matches?
Bet after having 2-0 lead after first day Vera will replace Nastya.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:17 PM
If Nastya and Sveta win, Vera will play on day 2.
How did Austria make the semis? That's the question.

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Spunky - i like your signature - but who is this 15th world number 1? Anastasia i hope! :hearts:

I think everyone knows which player I mean by this;)

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:00 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1460_gallery.JPG
Kuzi...say cheeeeese for the camera! :lol:

Nastya interview (audio)
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=10500#audio

They are staying all together in a hotel as a team, that´s good...grab the title!!!

cool_olga
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:49 PM
Nastya the only blackie in the team :p and the prettiest. Thanks god Sharapova is not there so that we can hear interview with Nastya.
But something is wrong with my players or this audio is shitty.

katiektc
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:52 PM
shamil is scary :scared: he looks like an evil version of tim allen....and thats evil!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Emptiness
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:59 PM
Daaaang. Did Vera finally find her bottle of prozac? And Sveta hun no one can compete with Patty, brush your hair. :o

Honestly this Fed Cup is a joke. If Russia loses this year.. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-rolleyes.gif

Olga its not you, the audio is shitastic for me too.

the cat
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:01 PM
Yes I meant Myskina and Sharapova winning grand slams and not Myskina and Kournikova. That must have been a Freudian slip on my part. :o ;)

Don't the Russina's look happy in that team photo? :rolleyes:

Emptiness
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Vera certainly looks, happy.

shamil is scary :scared: he looks like an evil version of tim allen....and thats evil!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:He looks like a turkey to me.

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
The great quality audio file (transcript):

Guy: Anastasia, the draw might not be important to russia, because you´re such strong players (?), but is that the right attitude to go into?

N: No, I mean we we we (just say it Nastya :lol: ) know how good team, no matter what. Just...we just wanna play, we wanna do our best, no matter who´s playing, against whom we are gonna play.

Guy: And what do you expect from yourself and from your team during this tournament?

N: Definetly to win and I mean, we really worked hard the whole week. We moved to the hotel because we want to stay as a team and we´re not staying at home, that´s pretty sad, because you know, this is our home-town, but still we are very happy cause we are all together.

Guy: How important is the Fedcup as a competition and (inaudible: he wants to know how important this one is because it´s played in Russia)?

N: It´s very important because we never won before and it´s our second chance to win because the last year was really tough for us we played a great team and...(inaudible - beep end).

Sorry, but some parts were just pretty shitty and I couldn´t understand anything.

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Oh oh...the Myskina-Masha catfight goes on:

"He basically tells everyone 'to get lost'. I just don't see how he could work with the rest of us," Neiland added.

Myskina, who lost to Sharapova in the semi-finals, also complained about the behavior of her father during their match.

YELLING, SCREAMING

"He was just yelling and screaming instructions to her and I thought he just might jump right on the court at one point in the match," Myskina was quoted as saying in the Russia media.

Whole article: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041123/sp_nm/wta_sharapova_dc_1

Maybe that "Just shut the fuck off" wasn´t directed at Jens and not to herself either...hmmm...;)

BTW: Go to the page we are not allowed to talk about (you know G-e-t-t-y-i-m-a-g-e-s) there are a few Nastya pics from FedCup...what about that ring she´s wearing? Haven´t seen that one in a long time...

Emptiness
Nov 23rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
Shame on you Yee Wah, such a little instigator! ;)
She has wore a ring before so i refuse to even entertain the idea that she might be engaged to Sasha. ...Its just a ring... doesn't mean anything... i dont want to test how far my denial can strench. :p

Spunky83
Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Shame on you Yee Wah, such a little instigator! ;)
She has wore a ring before so i refuse to even entertain the idea that she might be engaged to Sasha. ...Its just a ring... doesn't mean anything... i dont want to test how far my denial can strench. :p

I know, I just wanted to spice up the board a little bit :secret: :lol:

the cat
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:57 PM
Why does Larissa Neiland think Yuri Sharapov would be difficult to work with? She doesn't have to work with him. She can work with Maria. And with Nastya as the team leader all hurt feelings would be put aside when Masha joins the Russian Fed Cup team next year. Nastya likes Masha but not her father. They can work around that. Da.

Spunky, I also wonder if Nastya's curising in her YEC match against Sharapova was aimed at Yuri Sharapova and not her coach. I don't think she would treat her coach that way. :angel:

Nastyafan
Nov 23rd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Hmmm, it seems the possibility of Masha playing FC decreased sharply. I'm sure his behavior has been discussed in the team and the girls don't want to see him around. And I don't think he will let Masha alone in the next 3-4 years. But Nastya may not play next year either so Tarpishev should think a lot

Why Nastya looks so scared on these pics (GI):scared:

Grr Spunky, don't even dare to make such hints.:fiery: Nastya has worn rings always and she is a clever girl, she can't do that to herself and to us:worship:

Daniel
Nov 24th, 2004, 06:26 AM
maybe she doesnt want to be there or she is havng a bad day.
Ola u mean "blackie" as in black . coz in Argentina we called people like Paoal Suarez a blackie, but not in a bad way.

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 07:10 AM
:wavey:

Will Nastya and Bepa be playing doubles together in Sydney?

The reason I ask is because of this (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=4519762&postcount=4) post :scratch:

cool_olga
Nov 24th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Yee Wah we are not allowed to post getty pics here? :eek:

Hehe that would explain this shut the fuck up a lot :p Actually I am sure he was yelling at Masha a lot. First it was the same yelling in Indian Wells but Nastya look it calmly and tried not pay attention, but maybe here it just got too irritating. I wouldn't be suprised. Even myself when I saw him on tv when Masha won, his agressive pumping, running on court, I can understand he was happy but it was just ridiculous...Not behaviour suited old man, Nastya was right if she said that to him.

What if she's marrying Sasha? :eek: Lol, I wouldn't think so from that interview we see he doesn't want to marry. But Justine became No.1 after she got married, try it Nastya! :p

Emptiness
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Will Nastya and Bepa be playing doubles together in Sydney?Hi Epi. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-animesweat.gif
Since Anastasia is sitting right beside me i'll ask her. ...She says she and Vera are going to be lifelong partners much to your disappointment. ;)
Really don't believe that rumor of doubles with Ipek Senoglu [..?]. Unless they're very good friends i don't see why she'd partner with someone ranked 305 especially over Vera.

Didn't Anastasia once say she didn't want to get married? Or is that another comment to take in vain like which type of court she likes best. ;)

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Yee Wah we are not allowed to post getty pics here? :eek:

Hehe that would explain this shut the fuck up a lot :p Actually I am sure he was yelling at Masha a lot. First it was the same yelling in Indian Wells but Nastya look it calmly and tried not pay attention, but maybe here it just got too irritating. I wouldn't be suprised. Even myself when I saw him on tv when Masha won, his agressive pumping, running on court, I can understand he was happy but it was just ridiculous...Not behaviour suited old man, Nastya was right if she said that to him.

What if she's marrying Sasha? :eek: Lol, I wouldn't think so from that interview we see he doesn't want to marry. But Justine became No.1 after she got married, try it Nastya! :p

No, you can´t even write out the website´s name here on the board. There´s an announcement on the main board, you may read it.

I bet Nastya wouldn´t have complained to the press about Yuri if she hadn´t lost that sf :devil: ...well the problem with Masha in the Fedcup is that it wouldn´t only be her in the fedcup but also her father. Fedcup is about teamspirit and I don´t think that the other players would like to have Yuri around them all the time, someone they can´t stand because in a normal competition his attitude towards his daughters opponents is quite, let´s say "unfair".

Hehe...Ola, don´t worry, she had this ring for over a year now.

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Hi Epi. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-animesweat.gif
Since Anastasia is sitting right beside me i'll ask her. ...She says she and Vera are going to be lifelong partners much to your disappointment. ;)
Really don't believe that rumor of doubles with Ipek Senoglu [..?]. Unless they're very good friends i don't see why she'd partner with someone ranked 305 especially over Vera.

Who is that?

Emptiness
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:14 AM
^Yeah exactly. :lol:

Anastasia has talked about Yuri before... Miss Spunky. :p

I always thought you only couldn't post Get Images in General Messages.. oops.

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Hi Epi. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-animesweat.gif
Since Anastasia is sitting right beside me i'll ask her. ...She says she and Vera are going to be lifelong partners much to your disappointment. ;):lol: Hey, I like Nastya, and it's cool that she's playing doubles with Bepa!

I just don't like it when she withdraws from doubles, which for some reason seems to happen after she loses in singles :scratch: ;)

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I just don't like it when she withdraws from doubles, which for some reason seems to happen after she loses in singles :scratch: ;)

Oh come on, that just happened three (four?) times this year! Don´t generalize this :tape: :lol: ...yep it´s definetly a risky thing to play doubles with Nastya.

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:38 AM
^Yeah exactly. :lol:

Anastasia has talked about Yuri before... Miss Spunky. :p

I always thought you only couldn't post Get Images in General Messages.. oops.

Yeah? Didn´t know that, sorry...cit-cat-fight going on?

Emptiness
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I just don't like it when she withdraws from doubles, which for some reason seems to happen after she loses in singles :scratch: ;)Duh, when she loses in singles is always because of an injury not because she didn't play good enough. Idiot. :rolleyes:

:lol: Hey, I like Nastya, and it's cool that she's playing doubles with Bepa!Hehs, i know.. i'm just pulling your leg. And if you don't have legs, arms. And if you don't have arms, ears. And if you don't have ears, nose, And if you don't have a nose, i'll resort to poking. :)

Yeah? Didn´t know that, sorry...cit-cat-fight going on?Cit-cat? ...Isn't that a candy bar? :p

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Cit-cat? ...Isn't that a candy bar? :p

No, not exactly...I just thought it would sound funny.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/filled/kitkat-chunky.jpg

Go vote for the star of the FedCup finals this year!!!
http://www.fedcup.com scroll down!

I´d love to see Nastya winning the decisive match...yay!!!

saab95
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:06 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/156125.jpg

Are you happy to be the first?!

cool_olga
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I am not worried just kidding ;)
I am always sorry of Vera because when it's bigger tourney and Nastya loses in singles she withdraws from doubles right away and if Vera loses nothing like that happens. But well Nastya is Nastya, she can :p
Yuri would be be 5th player, that's besides rules...I hope Masha is not in Fed Cup team, at least for now. Maybe she would win matches but would destroy this team spirit all Nastya, Vera, Sveta and Lena L are making together. Even Lena D with them would be different.

Nastya has a lead in poll don't think it will change :yeah:

cool_olga
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Have a good time there Andy! :)

saab95
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:27 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/156129.jpg

No problems without Sharapova but with cool_olga ;)

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Nastya always has this weird impression on her face...what is it?

- "God, I hate press-conferences! You all shut the fuck up!"

- "Austria? Are you kidding me? If I will lead Russia to the Cup, everyone will think again, I don´t deserve it cause they handed the Cup to us..."

- "I hate Yuri!"

- "I want to go stay with my mummy!"

- "I am soooo tired."

- "Why the heck do I have to play at all? I am the star!"

- "Do I look like I am amused?"

- "Damn, I still haven´t started to buy christmas-presents..."

- "What should I get Jens for christmas? Maybe a therapy-session to back up his self-confidence....he will certainly need it for the next year."

- "I need to get a hair-cut...how does the hair-do of Andy´s current girlfriend look?"

- "My jaw already hurts...I am terrified!"

Ok...I am bored at work, so lot of non-sense, it just seemed like Nastya wanted to be somewhere else on those pics. Smile!!!

Nastyafan
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:30 AM
I read several Tarpishev's interviews and he said the girls are damn tired, they have problems with the acclimatization, they can't sleep, only ElenaL. is fresh. Actually she is the only one who gives interviews from the team too. Then why the f... he doesn't let her play against Austria. If he can't rely on her even against this team, why did he take her in the team? Is it necessary Nastya to aggravate some of her injuries, before Tarpishev takes the risk to make some change?:silly:

the cat
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Nastyafan, don't you know Shamil Tarpischev is your leader? ;)

Nastyafan
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:06 PM
:woohoo: Double bagel:banana:
I love these boring scores.:yawn: Good trashing girl, make it more often, please!:kiss:
Is that her first ever DB, I can't remember another:unsure:

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Anastasia won 6-0, 6-0. This year, there is no competition.
That's why 2005 will be important. This has to be the start of a long run.

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Congratulations to Nastya on her 6-0 6-0 win :bolt:

KV
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Perfect score :D

Nastyafan
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Nastyafan, don't you know Shamil Tarpischev is your leader? ;)my leader:confused:

the cat
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Da. ;)

Well done Nastya. I guess she wasn't tired afterall.

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Yay, double bagel!!! I´ve read that she hadn´t lost any points on her own serve until the fourth service game and just seven points on serve in the second set...this is the way it always should be;)

cool_olga
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Wow Nastya !!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:
She really has to be motivated to don;t lose concentration for any game! I am impressed. More of this form this week and next year!!

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:40 PM
By the way: She says in her interview (audio file on fedcup.com) that she doesn´t know who´s gonna play tomorrow...let´s see if she gets a day off!

cool_olga
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:40 PM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/156129.jpg

No problems without Sharapova but with cool_olga ;)
Looool, this funny translator in the background :lol: After Nastya's Kremlin Cup conferences I wonder what he still is doing there and having this job!!??

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Oh wait...if Nastya didn´t lose any points on first serve in her three first service games, this means that she just lost seven points at all on her own serve...the match-statistics are amazing...just wished her opponent was ranked a little bit higher and it would have been even cooler!

Nastyafan
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Yea, Nastya should have been serving very well. And 6 aces for such a short match. I guess Wartush hasn't put too much effort but still an impressive stat:eek: :yeah:
It's so easily and pleasantly to follow such matches:worship:
but better rest tomorrow girl and then lecture the French:help:

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I didn´t get to see the match and I was working so I couldn´t follow the livescore...Boiled Egg wrote that Nastya won the first game in the second set by serving four aces? In a row?

Oh!

BTW: http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/PlayerBio2.asp?PlayerID=130533

They have actually updated the personal information:
Coached by Jens Gerlach since New Haven 2002 ... Represented by International Sports Advisors Company ... Father's name is Andrey; mother's name is Galina ... Has a Scottish Setter named Gorde ... Favorites include the film "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" and the book "In High Places" by Arthur Hailey ... Favorite foods include sushi, white sausages and gnocchi ... Hobbies include reading, watching movies and hanging out with friends in Moscow ... Most memorable tennis experiences are winning 2004 Roland Garros, the Kremlin Cup 2003-04 and representing Russia at the 2004 Olympic Games ... Goal for 2005 is to become the first woman from Russia to be ranked No.1 in the world in singles.

It was about time!

JLDementieva
Nov 24th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Way to go Nastya!!! Always nice to see a double bagel!!

Nastyafan
Nov 24th, 2004, 07:16 PM
what's gnocchi:confused:
and don't forger the goal for 2005 Nastya:yeah:

Verba
Nov 24th, 2004, 08:25 PM
OMG.. OMG.. I just got to know the score..
6:0 6:0 Nastya, what did you do to the girl????????????? :drool: :lick: :devil:

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 08:57 PM
what's gnocchi:confused:
and don't forger the goal for 2005 Nastya:yeah:

It´s kind of mashed potatoes with some other stuff in it, then you make little pieces out of it and put it into boiling water. It has no taste at all, so you have to eat it with some sauce. Germans love to eat, I hate it, it´s like eating gum...it´s funny, all the stuff Nastya loves to eat is a big no-no to me: Gnocchi, sushi, sausages and Spaetzle (that german noodle thing, Jens once mentioned) and it´s not like I am a picky eater, it´s just exactly those things;)

Not counting sushi all the mentioned food is very popular in the southern parts of germany...how long has she actually lived with Jens?!?

Nfan...everyone needs a goal in their lifes and why not say it out loud if you really believe in it? :angel: :wavey:

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Attention: Don´t you even dare posting this following article on the main board ( :boxing: )

:worship: Nastya for just saying what she thinks though she should really take care of the stuff she says to the press especially since Masha hardly ever says anything bad or negative about the others.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/041124/15/rvxg.html

Thursday November 25, 07:17 AM

Count me out if Sharapova's father's there, says Myskina

MOSCOW, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Anastasia Myskina, spearheading Russia's challenge for their first Fed Cup title this week, says she will stop playing for her country if Maria Sharapova, in the company of her father, is invited to join the team next year.
"If she (Sharapova) joins our team next season you won't see me there for sure," the French Open champion told reporters after crushing Austria's Patricia Wartusch 6-0 6-0 on Wednesday.

Myskina's win gave hot favourites Russia a commanding 2-0 lead in their Fed Cup semi-final against Austria after day one.

Sharapova has been kept out of this year's team by Myskina and U.S. Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, but Russia Fed Cup captain Shamil Tarpishchev said he would welcome the Wimbledon champion next season.

However, Larisa Neiland, Tarpishchev's assistant, said she felt it would be difficult for the 17-year-old to break into the team because of her "nasty father".

"Maria's main problem is her father and I just don't see how he would co-exist with other girls' parents and team officials," six-times grand slam doubles champion Neiland told Reuters.

Pointing to the season-ending WTA Tour Championships, won by Florida-based Sharapova in Los Angeles, Neiland said: "Every time Maria was playing a Russian girl, her father's behaviour was simply outrageous, nasty and out of control.

"He basically tells everyone 'to get lost'. I just don't see how he could work with the rest of us," she added.

Asked about Neiland's comments, Myskina said: "I'm totally agree with Larisa. I feel his behaviour is totally incorrect, simply rude. I don't want to be around people like him."

After losing to Sharapova in the semi-finals, Myskina said: "He (Yuri Sharapov) was just yelling and screaming instructions to her and I thought he just might jump right on the court at one point in the match."

Sharapov received a warning from the chair umpire for coaching his daughter during the Myskina match.

OMG, if she and Masha will fight for number one next year, people will get killed!!! If someone would say stuff like this about my father I wouldn´t be really happy at all...

GO NASTYA :lol:

Natasc
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Hello guys :wavey:

Did you see the news of Nastya that if Sharapova will play in the russian team of FED CUP next year she would not play?

'Cause I read that new in a brazilian site and IF you have not seen I can translate and post there.

See ya guys :kiss:

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Hello guys :wavey:

Did you see the news of Nastya that if Sharapova will play in the russian team of FED CUP next year she would not play?

'Cause I read that new in a brazilian site and IF you have not seen I can translate and post there.

See ya guys :kiss:

See post above you;)

Natasc
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:44 PM
See post above you;)

SOrry Spunky but sometimes I fly when people tell something, like now. What you saying?

one more, sorry for my non understanding :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:45 PM
SOrry Spunk but sometimes I fly when people tell something, like now. What you saying?

one more, sorry for my non understanding :rolleyes:

No need to, you were just searching for the news report :wavey:

Dementinator
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Captain Dementinator here from the bridge of S Dementieva

Well done gunboat Myskina guess that was a pretty good show of force out there!
Well seeing as we have been left outa the fed cup its down to you!! so i expect good results...
Well at least there is no Momo as only Lena D seems to have a good record against her , mind u mostly because Momo fancies Lena!! she cant take her eyes of her.
So Congratulations from me and our crew ,we are now in Riga for a while and i wish u the best of luck!!

Capt Dem

Natasc
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Well, even if you have seen here is going the new that I removed of a Brazilian site, I hope like:

Even without disputing Fed Cup semifinals, feminine version of the Copa Davis, Maria Sharapova became the center of a controversy in the competition. Anastasia Myskina, better Russian placed in the feminine ranking (third place) she affirmed that leaves the team of the country in the tournament if Maria Sharapova be invited next year. Reason: the father of the muse.

Myskina discards team with Sharapova because of the father of the muse (in the picture, of 2003, the two commemorate title in Japan)
"If her (Sharapova) to join to our team in 2005, you are not going me to see here with certainty", affirmed the champion of the France Open, after defeating the Austrian Patrícia Wartusch 2 to 0 (6-0, 6-0) on this Wednesday.

Yuri Sharapov's behavior, father and the tennis player number four of the world technician, during your daughter's matchs cause irritation in a large part of your opponents.

Maria's largest problem is your father and I don't simply see like him it can live together with the other girls' parents and with representatives of the teams ", affirmed Larisa Neiland, assistant of Shamil Tarpishchev, the Russian team's captain.

"Every time that Maria was playing against a Russian girl, your father simply showed a behavior scandalous, disgusting and out of control. I don't see like him can work with the rest of us", it completes.

Questioned on the comments of Neiland, Myskina either hid your repulse. "I am totally in agreement with Larisa. I think his behavior is incorrect and rude. I don't want people like him to my turn".

The last contact that the tennis player had with the father of Sharapova was there is little more than one week and either was her pleasant. "He was screaming instructions for her during the whole time... Me until thought that he would jump in the middle of the block in a point of the game ", had affirmed Myskina.

In the match, Sharapova won the compatriot for 2 to 1 (2-6, 6-2, 6-2), in the semifinals of Masters Cup -tournament that later would conquer. Your father received a warning of the judge for the information that it passed during the game.

Besides Myskina, Svetlana Kuznetsova (champion of the Open of the United States and number 5 of the world), Vera Zvonareva (11st) and Elena Likhovtseva (24th) they were chosen to do part of the Russian team in Fed Cup.

The picture that the new speech is that:
http://e.i.uol.com.br/tenis/sharapova_pai.jpg

PS: Maria's father is her worse part.

Natasc
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Hey, also has that part of another similar new:

Roland Garros's champion, that commanded, beside Elena Dementieva, a series of critics Sharapova for her to have left Russia when child, it beat in the compatriot again and in your father on this week. "He is exalted a lot, he screams and he speaks instructions for her. Any day he enters in court in the middle of a point", claimed Myskina.

->Everybody hates Masha's father, with reason.

Nastyafan
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Lol Nastya-Masha war becomes really vicious. I thought Nastya was just too irritated in LA but obviously it's much deeper. And I knew Larisa's words weren't only her opinion. I don't know if it's good or bad but it seems Nastya finaly acquires sports spite

the cat
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Nyet Nastya nyet! :bigcry: I don't understand the hate. :confused: This is tennis not life and death. Nastya needs to chill out. And her making an enemy of the Siberian Tigress Maria Sharapova is a mistake for Myskina! :eek:

And Yuri Sharapov is not Jim Pierce or Damir Dokic when it comes to being a terrible tennis father. I hope he calms down next year so Masha and her compatriots can get along better. :hug: Da.

Nastyafan
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:29 PM
But it's Yuri who acts like it's a matter of life and dead, cat. And Masha develops his aggressiveness too - that pumping, jumping, screaming at every point even after opponents errors or against an injured opponent is too much and I'm afraid Masha and Yuri will be isolated like Williams in tour. Of course the winners are not sued and if they want to be winners at any cost that's their choice.
I don't deny Nastya's statement isn't polite and probably she won't gain anything with it but it's true.

Natasc
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:44 PM
But it's Yuri who acts like it's a matter of life and dead, cat. And Masha develops his aggressiveness too - that pumping, jumping, screaming at every point even after opponents errors or against an injured opponent is too much and I'm afraid Masha and Yuri will be isolated like Williams in tour. Of course the winners are not sued and if they want to be winners at any cost that's their choice.
I don't deny Nastya's statement isn't polite and probably she won't gain anything with it but it's true.

I totaly agree with you :worship:

the cat
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Maybe from where Maria and Yuri come from it is a matter of life and death. But Anastasia shouldn't be saying these things because she will ruin whatever friendship she has with Masha and that's sad. :( She should talk to Masha in private and tell her what she feels. Saying these things through the media will only upset Masha because she never says anything negative about anyone.

And Masha doesn't pump her fist and scream after every point Nastyafan.

Nastyafan
Nov 25th, 2004, 12:54 AM
I don't see something so specific or dangerous in the plase they come from, but even if it's so they should behave more civilized in the place they are now.
Masha pumps and screams at every point except when she is totaly outplayed. I wanted Masha to win the final, I hate Serena (mainly because her uncivilized behavior too), I have never felt pity to her when she has lost but this time I felt when Masha was pumping after hitting a "winning return" to Serena's serve like Alyona's one on slow replay.
I said, I think Nastya shouldn't say this , she is a public person, she shouldn't say everything she thinks, but I totaly agree with her.

JLDementieva
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:04 AM
I'm surprised that Nastya said this, but I think that Yuri has been bugging the hell out of a lot of people and it's about time that someone stood up and said something about him, and in this case it was Nastya. I don't think anyone can disagree with her.

cool_olga
Nov 25th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Haha!! I love the article! Nastya is becoming more and more assertive and confident with press and her speaches. Lol, I just can't have words for this :p It's more entertaining for me because I don't like this American company Masha and Yuri make.

Nyet Nastya nyet! :bigcry: I don't understand the hate. :confused: This is tennis not life and death. Nastya needs to chill out. And her making an enemy of the Siberian Tigress Maria Sharapova is a mistake for Myskina! :eek:
Scott..To tell honest Nastya knows 10000 times more than you. I understand you are fan of Maria but Nastya knows her and how person she is better. I've seen few really bad and sad comments about Masha from people I closely know...Nastya is really really nice girl and one of the nicest tennis players and she was always kind to everyone, and she still is..except this one person. She really has to have reasons. She had before but was not saying loud and staying calm (after iW for example). On conferences asked abour best young Russian she honesty was saying 'Sharapova for sure'. Now Masha and her father did something too much it seems and don;t blame Nastya for that.

Daniel
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:18 AM
It is a pity Nastya says tihngs like that. If she has a problem with Maria;s father then keep oit with you, dont make it public, this kind of topics only create problems, and gives the media a reason to create fights between the Russians

Well done for winig the match Nastya :hug: :kiss:

saab95
Nov 25th, 2004, 09:54 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/156332.jpg

Анастасия Мыскина заявила, что уйдет из сборной России по теннису, если в ней появится Мария Шарапова. Об этом она сказала сегодня после победной встречи в 1/2 финала розыгрыша Кубка Федерации, который проходит в московском конькобежном центре "Крылатское", выиграв у Патрисии Вартуш - 6:0, 6:0.

"Я считаю поведение отца Марии на трибунах некорректным, это вне всякого воспитания. Поэтому если она решит выступать за российскую сборную, меня в ней точно не будет"

A friend of mine ask Nastya to comment Larisa's words and Nastya answered.

http://protennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?&action=article&id_org=10686&id_razdel=71110&id_article=105088

Emptiness
Nov 25th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Wow. What did Yuri really do? She looks like shes crying...

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Haha!! I love the article! Nastya is becoming more and more assertive and confident with press and her speaches. Lol, I just can't have words for this :p It's more entertaining for me because I don't like this American company Masha and Yuri make.

Scott..To tell honest Nastya knows 10000 times more than you. I understand you are fan of Maria but Nastya knows her and how person she is better. I've seen few really bad and sad comments about Masha from people I closely know...Nastya is really really nice girl and one of the nicest tennis players and she was always kind to everyone, and she still is..except this one person. She really has to have reasons. She had before but was not saying loud and staying calm (after iW for example). On conferences asked abour best young Russian she honesty was saying 'Sharapova for sure'. Now Masha and her father did something too much it seems and don;t blame Nastya for that.

Yep, yep...that´s right. You would never hear Nastya say anything bad about other players and she is a very very kind person...she always says thank you, no matter if it´s after an interview she has given or an autograph. It has surprised me that she chose such strong words to describe her thoughts but on the same it really made me thinkling about how much she must dislike that person.

Oh man, the situation will get even worse if those two will fight for (russian) no.1 :eek:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Nastya lost the 1st set to Meusburger 6-3.

She won only 6 of 20 points on her 2nd serve :eek:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:12 PM
This match is crazy.

Nastya breaks, and then Meusburger breaks back.

Nastya has been broken 5 times already :eek:

no1mariafan
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Myskina wins 3-6 6-3 6-1

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:57 PM
OMG...what the hell was that? She must have been trying to play whilst sleeping...well but the positive aspects: Russia is through, the crowd finally got some excitement andshe managed to convert 9 of her 10 breakpoints;)

Nastyafan
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Nastya WTFwas this again. :smash: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)Why always after thrashing someone 6-0 6-0 or 6-1 it follows something like this. It was at Olympics, at USO.... How could you lose 6 straight games against someone out of top 100(or 200). Why can't you keep your focus for more than 1 match (often set):confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)
Why can I never be calm with you?:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)

Well congrats for making the final:kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#) but please wake up if you don't want to be beaten by another half-Russian teenager.:mad: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Nastya said she just lost her way after losing the first game
guess she wanted to win 6-0 6-0 again, and went totally off :o

Dementinator
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Captain Dementinator here

Well watched the score over our comms!!
Gunboat Myskina what was that!! well u are thru ,but u really shouldnt of had that much trouble!! Guess SS Dementieva aint the only "inconsistant" Russian ,in fact I have to say that Myskina has more problems in that department as Lena generaly improves as matches go on and Nastya seems to get worse!! Still that is not meant to be a criticism but nastya does need to wake up more! I rather a player play shit in the first round and go out, than start good then throw it away!
Well best of luck anyways ,maybe shamil shoulda asked Lena in!! and BTW I am right behind you Nastya with your comment on Sharapova in Fed Cup ,she is hardly Russian anymore and her Dad is a severe pain in the ass!! I am not Anti Masha but i do think the team should stay as is but with Lena D in there too!
Capt Dem

Verba
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:02 PM
You know, guys, I respect Nastya for her honesty. Someone had to raise this issue about Sharapova's dad. Nastya was brave enough to do that. Maybe, it's more about emotions to claim that she is not going to play in FedCup if Sharapova is there (I beleive that Nastya only said this but didn't mean it).

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Nastya said she just lost her way after losing the first game
guess she wanted to win 6-0 6-0 again, and went totally off :o

Is she aware of the fact that in order to win a match she would have to win more than three games? :tape:

Kuzi won 6-1 6-1 again, she´s on a roll here! Now I just hope that the russian crowd gets to see a good and entertaining doubles match, not that the easy wins and Nastya´s brilliant second match weren´t interesting, but they definetly deserve some cool action for the money they´ve paid, so Austria, fight!!!

Verba
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:04 PM

100% agree. :worship: :worship: :worship:
Excellent post!

Nastyafan
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:42 PM
The story continues
Мыскина: "Не хочу играть в одной команде с людьми, которые меня не уважают"
25.11.2004 20:02 | "СПОРТ-ЭКСПРЕСС"

Российская теннисистка Анастасия Мыскина, которая сегодня одержала решающую победу в полуфинальном матче Кубка федерации с Австрией, заявила, что "не собирается играть в одной команде с людьми, которые ее не уважают".
"Почему я должна находиться с ними в одном обществе?" - говорит Мыскина.
Речь идет о Марии Шараповой, в адрес которой Анастасия нелицеприятно высказалась вчера, отметив, что если чемпионка Уимблдона-2004 будет приглашена в сборную России, то Мыскина за главную команду страны играть не будет.
РИА "Новости"

Verba
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:51 PM
The story continues

It will be a hudge story from now on...

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:06 PM
The story continues

Fight! Round One! Nastya should try not to be toooo outraged about this.

Next time: Masha fights back...to be presented soon;)

Nastyafan
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Definitelly Nastya made sure of hearing Sharapov(a) name in every her interview in 2005. She is a brave girl.:kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)
But if that will affect her game like today:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)

Emptiness
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:26 PM
I respect Anastasia's right to voice her own opinions and all that but i do wish she didn't raise this issue up publicly. Think how Maria feels, no matter how correct, comments about someone's parents always or usually bring out strong emotions.

Definitelly Nastya made sure of hearing Sharapov(a) name in every her interview in 2005.How is that different from the latter half of 2004? ;)

3-6 6-3 6-1
Typical Anastasia. :rolleyes:

Verba
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Definitelly Nastya made sure of hearing Sharapov(a) name in every her interview in 2005. She is a brave girl.:kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)
But if that will affect her game like today:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)

She is a strong girl. She will be fine. Recall her matches at FedCup in spring. That was terrible. But after that she won RG.

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
“I felt like someone switched me off in the first two sets and I complained to Tarpischev [the Russian captain] and he said, don't worry, we'll find the guy who switched you off,” explained Myskina.

...from Fedcup.com news...

So who is "switching" whom "off"? Hahahaha...I think I´ve found a new fave phrase..."to switch someone off";)

Nastyafan
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:55 PM
How is that different from the latter half of 2004? ;)
the difference is like talking about water with someone and talking about water with him after he has lost a member of his family because of drowning ;) (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)

lol someone switched Nastya off:fiery: If I can find this :devil: I will :boxing: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#) :armed: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#):timebomb: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)
but I have a suspect - was Sasha there?

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:02 PM
the difference is like talking about watter with someone and talking about watter with him after he has lost a member of his family because of drowning ;) (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)

lol someone switched Nastya off:fiery: If I can find this :devil: I will :boxing: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#) :armed: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#):timebomb: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=privatemessage#)
but I have a suspect - was Sasha there?

Haha...that´s the great thing about this phrase, there´s no clear meaning to it :lol:

Emptiness
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:21 PM
but I have a suspect - was Sasha there?Probably. He could turn anyone off. ;)

Maybe its a western thing but it has a clear meaning to me! :tape:

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Probably. He could turn anyone off. ;)

Maybe its a western thing but it has a clear meaning to me! :tape:

You know, actually having boyfriend/husband around (around as in...you know) lets female sports-pros perform better during the match. I am not joking here...so no, I don´t think Sasha was meant here :lol: ...

Has she always wear the ring during matches?
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041125/i/r3219580996.jpg :rolleyes: :eek: :lol:

Ok, I´ve checked...since the YEC...you know I think this could be a very intersting question for every famous person..."tell us somethin about the history of that ring/bracelet..." I always have a nice background story to my jewellery;)

Emptiness
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah. A whoooole lotta sex is healthy for all females actually, its males that have to worry not to over do it. As in don't take too many little blue pills and let 'yourself' rest naturally. ;)

That ring. She must like stirring shit up, always wearing it on her left middle finger. Unless.. its means something different in Russia?

Hehs.. my story for my jewellery would be "i brought it at a store". :rolleyes::p

Spunky83
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:56 PM
That ring. She must like stirring shit up, always wearing it on her left middle finger. Unless.. its means something different in Russia?

Hehs.. my story for my jewellery would be "i brought it at a store". :rolleyes::p

Well, left apparently because otherwise it would be annoying to play with...why would anyone play with a ring in the first place?

Really? You bought all your jewellery in the store on your own? I don´t even have one piece I´ve bought myself, they´re from friends, family, ex-bf...

Natasc
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:56 PM
More about the Nastya vs Yuri "novel":

Moscow (Russia) - The classification for to final of Federation Cup the tension didn't get better climate that surrounds the Russian team in Moscow. On this Thursday, after defeating the Austrian Yvonne Meusburger in the third game of the confrontation, the champion of Roland Garros Anastasia Myskina attacked the compatriot's Maria Sharapova father, Yuri again.

The 21 year-old tennis player accuses the trainer of exaggerating in the screams during the daughter's departures and she threatens to leave the team in case the muse is summoned in 2005. The Russian captain Shamil Tarpischev already affirmed that intends to count with the champion of Wimbledon next year.

"If she enters in our team in the next season, you certainly won't see me there. I don't want to be in a team in that somebody doesn't respect me", affirmed the third of the ranking, mentioning the duel against Sharapova in the semifinal of feminine Masters. In that opportunity, Myskina left block criticizing the behavior of Yuri.

"His behavior is totally incorrect, simply rude. I don't want to be enclosed of that people type", affirmed the tennis player, defeated by 2 sets to 1. "He was screaming, passing instructions for her. I thought, in certain moment, that he would invade the block and it would play a point of the departure", it counted.

When being confronted with the declarations of Myskina, Tarpischev placed hot cloths on the episode. "Will be called the players that are in better moment. I know about the concern of Myskina, but she is in conflict with the father of Sharapova and not with Maria", affirmed.

"Yes, it is true that Yuri is an emotional subject. But in my team, so much the masculine as feminine, we always had many conflicts. My work is to solve them in the best possible way", it explained to the trainer, that is also the captain of the Russian team in the Copa Davis and president of the Federation of Tennis.

According with that, the player who will play next year will be:
Anastasia Myskina
Maraia Sharapova
Svetlana Kuznwetsova
Elena Dementieva

But has a problem, this year he not call Lena to play, so, he will call her next year?! And nastya will play with SHARAPOVA and her dad?

..hum..SHAMIL YOU ARE A LIER :o :mad: :fiery:

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Hi Fragrance :wavey:

I'll just jump in here for a moment :).

Where the hell is Bepa, Shamil???????

That "team" will get on so well :rolleyes:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:56 AM
http://cache.wtnphotos.com/545/21238794051myskina.jpg

Daniel
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:07 AM
well done Nastya :D

Daniel
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:07 AM

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:22 AM
:lol:

Daniel
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:38 AM

Spunky83
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Ok people...I will spent my weekend at my parents´ house without internet, so don´t you worry about me;)

Russia for the cup!!!

saab95
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:38 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/156498.jpg

Yesterday Nastya answered the same :cool:
- Я не отказываюсь от своих слов. Не хочу играть в одной команде с людьми, которые меня не уважают, не хочу находиться с ними в одном обществе

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Have fun Spunky. And drink a bottle of plum-vine with your parents when Nastya lifts the cup.:drink:

smal interview from yesterday:
- Если честно, я не ожидала от соперницы такой прыти, - призналась позже Мыскина. -Стала торопиться, ошибаться, проиграла 6 геймов подряд... Пришлось побороться уже не с австрийкой, а с самой собой. К счастью, в конце концов все встало на свои места.

- В первый день Мойсбургер сумела взять всего два гейма, а вы не проиграли ни одного. Кто был сегодня другой - она или вы?

- Вряд ли она играла сильнее. Это я делала на корте не то, что надо.

- Сравните два полуфинала Fed Cup - прошлогодний, проигранный Франции, и нынешний.

- Это два совершенно разных матча. Сегодня мы счастливы и готовы показать в субботу и воскресенье свой лучший теннис. Не исключено, что команда Франции преподнесет нам сюрприз и за нее в финале сыграет Мари Пьерс, которая, несмотря на травму, все-таки прилетела в Москву.

- Почему вы думаете, что она может выйти на корт?

- Потому что Пьерс здесь усиленно тренируется и не скрывает этого. А ведь сезон-то уже закончился! Значит, Форже хочет ее поставить.

- Что сказал вам капитан нашей сборной Шамиль Тарпищев после второго сета? Вы еще засмеялись в ответ.

- Это я ему сказала, что у меня ощущения, будто меня выключили. А он ответил: не волнуйся, мол, мы найдем того, кто это сделал.

- Как вас настраивал Тарпищев?

- Говорить что-то о тактике не было смыла, так как вся игра шла от меня. Поэтому они с Ларисой Савченко просто меня подбадривали.

- Ваше вчерашнее заявление о своей несовместимости в сборной с Марией Шараповой стало темой дня. Хотите что-то добавить?

- Я не отказываюсь от своих слов. Не хочу играть в одной команде с людьми, которые меня не уважают, не хочу находиться с ними в одном обществе

but Tarpishev still thinks he can bring together Nastya and Masha::hug: Что же касается слов Мыскиной, то это мои проблемы, как уладить возникший конфликт. Тем более что сами теннисистки в нем не участвуют, а конфликт между Настей и отцом Шараповойare you sure you know Nastya Shamil?:confused:

Natasc
Nov 26th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Well, you know...my russian is to bad for understend this interview. Someone can please tranlslate?

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:50 PM
I have no time to translate all, but in general Nastya said she has hurried and made too many errors in the beginning, she has had to fight with herself. Then she said they are ready to play their best in the final and she expect surprises from France for example Pierce playing. They asked her what has Tarpishev said that has made her laugh and she answered that she has said that she has feeling that someone has switched her off and Tarpishev has calmed her that they will find the evil-doer.
Finaly she said she doesn't renounce her yesterday's words, she doesn't want to be in a team with people who don't respect her and doesn't want to be in their company

Use some translator ( http://translation.paralink.com/translator/ ) if you want details

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:29 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

Издание «Светские новости»
По сообщениям людей близких к Анастасии Мыскиной: «теннисистке мешают полностью сконцентрироваться на игре – душевные терзания». Дело в том, что Насте, которая уже давно дружит с хоккеистом столичного «Динамо», понравился еще один молодой человек. Мыскина познакомилась с ним летом этого года. На нынешнем розыгрыше Кубка Кремля Анастасиию несколько раз видели в обществе этого «неизвестного», но каждый раз, когда фотографы пытались запечатлеть молодых людей вместе, теннисистка исчезала. Вместе с тем, как утверждает источник –« Мыскина вряд ли сейчас пойдет на кардинальные изменения в своей личной жизни, хотя это решение ей дается нелегко».I guess it's from the yellow press and may not be true but still that may partially explain her up and downs lately:unsure: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

katiektc
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:33 PM
wat was that in english the breakin news?!

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM
wat was that in english the breakin news?!
Nastya has new love:inlove: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

katiektc
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:53 PM
wat happened with sasha?! :confused:

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:04 PM
it seems sasha is still her official b/f but her heart is already elsewhere

sPAWrty
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:06 PM
There is an article about that Nastya-Masha business in russian press today.
You ca find it here (http://www.mk.ru/numbers/1388/article43594.htm)

Победная Настя
Первая ракетка России устала от матерщины и похабщины

Беспрецедентный скандал в звездном мире российских теннисисток: Мыскина против Шараповой. Впервые их конкуренция вышла за пределы корта. Поводом для этого стало несдержанное поведение отца Марии Шараповой Юрия.
“Если Шарапова будет играть за сборную России, меня там не будет!” — заявила Настя журналистам.
Впервые вижу, чтобы Настя кого-то так открыто ненавидела. Она из тех, кто десять раз подумает, прежде чем что-то сказать. Но на этот раз она сознательно обострила конфликт.
Черненькая против беленькой. Обе — красотки, обе — талантливы. Но Настя чувствует, что Маша наступает ей на пятки. Всего несколько очков в мировом рейтинге отделяет их теперь друг от друга.
Это очень похоже на ревность — женскую и спортивную. Не может Настя забыть свое поражение от Маши в Лос-Анджелесе. А главное, не может забыть шараповский взгляд, исполненный превосходства — ироничную улыбку сверху вниз. (Неудивительно, при ее-то росте...)
— Я не собираюсь терпеть рядом человека, который меня не уважает, — говорит Настя. — Почему, собственно, я должна это делать?!
Победительница US Open Света Кузнецова прокомментировала ситуацию спокойно:
— Знаете, я не хочу раздувать эту интригу.
— Вас не оскорбляет поведение Юрия Шарапова?
— На корте мне как-то не до Юрия Шарапова... Конечно, если бы я услышала что-то в свой адрес, я бы как-то среагировала. У меня бы не залежалось. Но пока прецедента не было. В любом случае считаю, мы не вправе решать, кого брать в команду, а кого нет. Просто у нас действительно самая дружная сборная, какая только может быть. И я не хочу, чтобы это изменилось.

Неожиданный выпад Анастасии Мыскиной в адрес другой нашей суперзвезды, Марии Шараповой, породил массу домыслов и кривотолков. Понятно, что конфликт двух лучших российских теннисисток в одночасье не замнешь.
Какие-то несколько очков в мировом рейтинге сейчас отделяют 17-летнюю Шарапову от 22-летней Мыскиной. Хотя еще в начале года Маша едва пробилась в десятку сильнейших. Теперь два сильных женских характера столкнулись за пределами корта. Кому под силу разрулить неприятную ситуацию...

ВЗДОРНЫЙ ШАРАПОВ

Пару лет назад Настя Мыскина ставила перед собой задачу догнать Анну Курникову – стать 7-й в мировом рейтинге. Но большинство специалистов считали Настю чересчур хрупкой и не видели у нее ни одного фирменного элемента игры. Мало кто верил, что у московской девочки есть шанс по-настоящему подняться.
Никто не отважился бы предсказать победу Насти на «Ролан Гарросе» – а она победила, и стала первой россиянкой, покорившей вершину «Большого шлема».
Но еще в прошлом году она стала первой россиянкой, выигравшей Кубок Кремля. Причем в этом году повторила успех.
Видно было, что Настя слегка оттаяла после горькой неудачи на Олимпиаде. Но впереди была главная битва сезона – WTA Championship. И она ждала ее, чтобы выиграть и безоговорочно подтвердить свой статус первой ракетки России. Да, она была первой, заполучившей «Большой шлем», но потом его выиграли Маша Шарапова и Света Кузнецова.
Она вспоминала блаженную неделю отдыха в Москве – после «Ролан Гарроса». Когда в лучах славы могла ненадолго забыть о корте и погрузиться в жизнь свободной красивой девушки, которая может позволить себе все. Причем, за собственный счет. И она расслабилась. Отключенный мобильник. Родители, друзья, поздравления, приемы. Казалось бы, счастью не будет предела, но…
Настоящий удар Настя получила в тот момент, когда Маша Шарапова выиграла Уимблдон. Это была какая-то высшая несправедливость: семнадцатилетняя девочка, выросшая в Америке, вдруг взяла и затмила феерический успех Насти на «Ролан Гарросе» – как бы отодвинула его на задний план. Никто уже не думал о том, сколько денег вбухала известная компания IMG в раскрутку симпатичной русской мордашки, американские газеты пестрели заметками о ней, когда еще даже в помине никаких побед у юной Маши не было. И никого теперь не волнует, что в Настю никто никогда таких денег не вкладывал, она вообще добилась своего успеха скорее вопреки, чем благодаря чьей-то поддержке. Разве что собственного отца. И еще в раннем детстве дедушка помог. Он занимал какой-то важный политический пост и мог попросить тогдашнего руководителя московского спорта, чтобы тот пристроил внучку в теннисную секцию. Однако тренировалась она не в Академии Боллетьери, а в московском «Спартаке» на Ширяевом поле. И было своеобразным предательством приписывать Машины победы России наравне с Настиными. Кстати, ее папа никогда не позволял себе выскакивать на корт после турниров – а-ля Отар Кушанашвили на Евро-2004 в Португалии. Этого себе вообще ни один звездный теннисный папа, кроме Юрия Шарапова (на фото), представить не мог. И ладно бы только это…
– Знаете, как ужасно, – у Насти загораются глаза, она просто кипит изнутри, – когда Машин отец начинает кричать на нас матом во время матчей…
– То есть как?
– А так – посылает нас на отличном русском куда подальше. Зато когда с ним здороваются, руки никому не пожмет – просто отворачивается и сразу переходит на английский.
– Увы, это правда, – подтверждает знаменитая теннисистка Лариса Савченко. – Наверное, не стоит об этом говорить, но поведение этого человека немыслимо, и все наши девочки чувствуют себя оскорбленными, когда он открывает рот и начинает вопить им всякие гадости с трибун. Даже в Академии Боллетьери требуют убрать его от Маши подальше, потому что выносить его становиться невозможно.
– Если Маша будет в команде Кубка Федерации, меня там не будет, – вырывается у Насти.
– Может, это женская или спортивная ревность?
– Какая ревность, просто это выходит за все рамки спорта и приличий.
– Но Маша-то здесь при чем?
Оказывается, против Маши с 9 лет вся Академия Боллетьери болела – только из-за отца. Дошло до того, что сейчас она сама вопит ему: «Шат ап!» Мол, заткнись, мне стыдно за тебя.
– А что вы хотите от бывшего таксиста… – пожимают плечами в теннисных кулуарах.

ГАЛОПОМ ПО ТУРНИРАМ

– Настя, многие в Москве очень болели за вас в Лос-Анджелесе. Ваша победа была бы по-настоящему российской. Вероятно, просто сказалась усталость после насыщенного сезона…
– Я не собираюсь отдыхать, пока не закончится Кубок Федерации.
– Два чемпионата мира подряд – сначала личный, теперь командный – какой важнее?
– Ничего себе – это же невозможно сравнивать. Кубок Федерации – особенный турнир, который всех нас объединяет. Мы трепетно относимся к нему и готовы приехать в сборную по первому зову, каким бы тяжелым ни был календарь.
Вспоминает Андрей Мыскин, Настин папа:
– Знаете, мы через столько российских глубинок и плацкартных вагонов с дочкой прошли. А для начала мне пришлось уйти с работы, отказаться от привычного образа жизни вообще. Я перестал быть Андреем Мыскиным, я стал папой Насти Мыскиной, потому что для того, чтобы поднять ее, я должен был раствориться в ее жизни и как можно чаще возить ее на турниры.
– Вы боялись, что ваши надежды не оправдаются, и тогда окажется, что вы зря отказались от собственной карьеры?
– Конечно, боялся. Но я видел, что дочка по-настоящему талантлива, хотя отнюдь не все это поначалу признавали.
– Чем выше взлет, тем больнее падать. После «Ролан Гарроса» много неудач пришлось пережить…
– Настя сильная девочка. Думаю, она справится.

А НУЖНА ЛИ ИНТРИГА?

В эти выходные предстоит долгожданный финал Fed Cup – впервые с участием сборной России! Мы будем играть против победивших нас в прошлом году француженок! Символично, что для Насти второй день полуфиналов начался со слез: она уступила первый сет Ивонн Мойсбургер (3:6). К счастью в следующих партиях отыгралась – 6:3, 6:1. Зато Света Кузнецова за считанные минуты вынесла Даниэлу Кикс – 6:1, 6:1, и бодрячком вышла на корт в паре с Еленой Лиховцевой. Впрочем, другой победы в полуфинале мы от россиянок и не ждали – 5:0. Ведь для них это был юбилейный – сотый матч в Кубке Федерации! И за победу Насте Мыскиной вручили уникальную награду правоохранительных органов – орден «Петра Великого» – платиновую звезду с портретом Петра, обрамленную огромными бриллиантами.
– А какое отношение Настя имеет к силовым структурам? – спрашиваю у Тарпищева.
– Никакого. Просто они решили отметить ее заслуги перед Отечеством своей наградой.
Настя тем временем заявила, что не намерена отказываться от своих слов в адрес Шараповой.
Шамиль Тарпищев прокомментировал ситуацию спокойно, как человек, который уже 30 лет сидит на электрическом стуле капитана и мужской, и женской сборных:
– За время моего капитанства у нас происходили конфликты и покруче. И мы всегда справлялись. Да, Юрий Шарапов – человек с подвижной нервной системой. Но это его проблема. И, думаю, в данном случае она не должна коснуться российской команды. Я очень надеюсь, что и Маша Шарапова, и Настя Мыскина будут играть за сборную России.

Московский Комсомолец
от 27.11.2004
Елена ШПИЗ

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Nastya's bitterness towards Sharapova is dissapointing. And now she talking about Golovin too. :(

Verba
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:48 PM
And now she talking about Golovin too. :(
What do you mean? What is she talking abut Golovin?

Natasc
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Nastya has new love:inlove: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Another boyfriend?

Natasc
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM
What do you mean? What is she talking abut Golovin?

That she's more start than a tennis player, like Masha.

ps: It's not my opnion, it's just what they said.

Verba
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:55 PM
That she's more start than a tennis player, like Masha.

ps: It's not my opnion, it's just what they said.
Where? could you give a reference?

Natasc
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Well guys, I aready post many times in that thread, I'm just tired to try to make that they understend Nastya, but they don't care, they just childe her and some ASSHOLE even try to childe LENA :fiery:

Sometimes, some Masha's fan can be realy STUPIDS and assholes.

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the article:) (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
So Yuri hasn't only yelled, he has sweared at them very vulgarly. I just have no words for that:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):retard: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):silly: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):cuckoo: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

When has Nastya spoken about Golovin, cat?

shannonannafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Anastasia fans, I'm confused what exactly has Anastasia said recently? She is one of my favorites and I just can't see her as the same mean and disrespectful person they are showing her as on the GM forum. She has always seemed to be an absolute sweetheart, why would they have reason to attack her?

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I read quotes from Anastasia where she was talking about Maria and Tatiana and I found that bizarre because Tatiana's family moved from Russia to France when she was only 8 months old.

Natasc
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I read quotes from Anastasia where she was talking about Maria and Tatiana and I found that bizarre because Tatiana's family moved from Russia to France when she was only 8 months old.

GM is bizarre cat :o

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:11 PM
True Natasha. True.

Nastya is quoted as saying "All these girls Tatiana Golovin and Maria Sharapova have no clue about home/country and national pride. They care nothing for tradition and history; they are only interested in fashion, jewelry and men and eveyhting expensive". Go to the Maria Sharapova speaks Russian with a vulgar accent" thread in GM and the atory is there. I have no idea why Nastya is involving herself in other peoples lives like this.

Natasc
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:21 PM
True Natasha. True.

Nastya is quoted as saying "All these girls Tatiana Golovin and Maria Sharapova have no clue about home/country and national pride. They care nothing for tradition and history; they are only interested in fashion, jewelry and men and eveyhting expensive". Go to the Maria Sharapova speaks Russian with a vulgar accent" thread in GM and the atory is there. I have no idea why Nastya is involving herself in other peoples lives like this.

I saw this cat, but we need to see that some Masha's fans are realy crazy and psychotic :tape: so, don't believe in everything that medias says. it's easy we talk about something that we reading but the thing is: each coin has 2 sides (like my mum like to say), so, ew can tell something that we didn't see the "two sides".

See ya guys :wavey:
See ya cat :kiss:

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:48 PM
You are right Natasha, there are 2 sides to every coin. But all we hear is Ana knocking Masha and her father and that's one side. I would rather Russian tennis end on a good note this year after the Russina's have had such a great year. :D But Ana can't control her emotions about Maria and her dad. I hope at sopme point she stops talking about them because Masha and Yuri aren't returning the verbal sniping.

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure Nastya has said it. That's too harsh though absolutely true. It isn't in any Russian or English source, only in Spiegel. Has she given an interview specially for them? I'm not sure but isn't spiegel typical yellow press?

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:30 PM
The yellow journalism is a possibilty. But at some point Ana will have to put her feelings for the Americanized Masha and her controlling father behind her and move on because this should not be a major topic at the 2004 Fed Cup finals in Moscow. Tha major topic should be Russia winning thier first Fed Cup title. :D

JLDementieva
Nov 27th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Why is Nastya talking about this all of a sudden? I can agree that she's upset with Yuri and all that, that's totally understandable, but some comments she really needs to just keep to herself... those talk about Golovin and Sharapova is really getting personal.

Natasc
Nov 27th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Why is Nastya talking about this all of a sudden? I can agree that she's upset with Yuri and all that, that's totally understandable, but some comments she really needs to just keep to herself... those talk about Golovin and Sharapova is really getting personal.

Yeah, become a litle crazy talk about golovin too

I just agree about some peoples said, look:
What it is is that the Russian girls are a true to their country dislike those who left and became Americanized. I can understand their resentment.

If some Americans players refused to play the USA tourney and couldn't speak English (the mother tongue) and lived in Russia and became Russianized I think I would not want them on my USA Team either.

I am being honest, I would not feel like she would really belong with the team. I may be wrong but this is how I feel. I can understand what Svetlana and Myskina are feeling.

AND

i agree 100%...i can speak first hand...i am the son of immigrants...i am americanized and no matter what anyone says, i cannot relate to where my parents are from as much as i relate to America....and i would refuse to play for any other team besides america anyway....my ethnic background has no bearing on my relatives, they see me as american also even though i speak the language and go back every couple of years...i have american cultures and american ideals.. i cannot go back to my parents place of birth and be accepted, and in fact i have not been because i am seen as an american and we have cultural differences anyway..this is why i can relate to the russians position...

I agree with them :worship:

Daniel
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:01 AM
The yellow journalism is a possibilty. But at some point Ana will have to put her feelings for the Americanized Masha and her controlling father behind her and move on because this should not be a major topic at the 2004 Fed Cup finals in Moscow. Tha major topic should be Russia winning thier first Fed Cup title. :D
indeed, i still beleive she did not say that and if she did she better keep her mouth closed and focus on winning FED CUP, this stupid talk about disliknig Maria's father is bullshit.

Daniel
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Good luck vs Golovin :D :clap2:

Nochi
Nov 27th, 2004, 12:35 PM
beat Golovin ....Russia should be Fed Cup champion this year !!!

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Nastya is in a tough match against Golovin. She won the first set but it is close late in the second set. Russia really needs this point from Ana because Dechy upset Kuznetsova int he first match of the 2004 Fed Cup final.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Myskina d. Golovin 6-4 7-6(5) to tie the Fed Cup final 1-1. That was a must win for Russia after Kuznetsova blew the first match against Dechy.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the article:) (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
So Yuri hasn't only yelled, he has sweared at them very vulgarly. I just have no words for that

Anastasia has to beat Dechy. After Russia wins the Fed Cup title, then Anastasia can give a full interview.

Nastyafan
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Phew Nastya:kiss: :yeah:
You were obliged to win this match against that half-Russian. But what a tough battle and you have almost choked again. But you have found strength to finish this match.:worship:
Go girl, save Russia and prove once again who is the true leader and pride of Russian tennis:yeah:

Daniel
Nov 28th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Nastya beat Golovin and gave Russia a tie 1-1 now go and win ur match on sunday

Go Nastya :D :kiss: :)

Nastyafan
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:42 AM
:woohoo: Nastya won 6-3 6-4:bounce: :kiss:
Perfect job girl:yeah:
Now someone to help for the cup:bowdown:
or Nastya will have to beat France single-handed playing doubles:unsure:

katiektc
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:46 AM
udachi nastya!! :bounce: great result now bring on kuzzie - golovin! <though wouldnt it be fun if kuzzie lost and it was down to the doubles?!!?! a) more exciting and b) kuzzie would feel awful :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Nastya :D :) well done, good finish to yr :)
she played alot better today than yesterday :)

t_fan
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Good job Nastya, at least you keep Team Russia afloat this year. I wish you to win the Cup and leave the team for good.
The yellow journalism is a possibilty...
MK is yellow, the cat. I wouldn't take seriously anything published there.

katiektc
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:40 PM
if russia win the fed cup today nastya will be a hero....she will have single handedly won the cup for russia with 3 wins....udachi nastya:bounce:

Emptiness
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:45 PM
b) kuzzie would feel awful :lol:Aww. Be nice to the Kuzzie.http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-sad.gif

Congrats Anastasia.

KV
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:08 PM
if russia win the fed cup today nastya will be a hero....she will have single handedly won the cup for russia with 3 wins....udachi nastya:bounce:Yes, she can be described as the Fed Cup hero. Yes, Russia's won the Fed Cup, though it waw an expected victory. :) :D

vaiva
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Nastya single-handedly won the Fed Cup for Russia, just the way Momo did it last year for France. Excellent finish to a great season and a perfect springboard to launch the assault to the top of the rankings :hearts:

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Congratulations to Nastya on a great performance :clap2:

Too bad that Bepa couldn't be of more assistance, but that's Tarpischev for you :rolleyes:

I hope he realises Nastya's importance to the team, and acts accordingly ;)

Nastyafan
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:36 PM
:woohoo: Nastya you did it!:yeah: :clap2: :bounce: :banana:
almost single-handed beat France 3-0 hats off!:hatoff:
Nastya for president!!! or Russian empresses:angel: :yeah:
You did your dity to the motherland. perfectly girl, now better leave that idiot Farpishew with his darling he doesn't deserve you.:kiss:
Wonderful end of the year girl, now you can enjoy the vacation and be ready for your next goal:kiss: :hearts: :inlove:

bubble
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Congrats Myskina!
She is like turning into the female version of Yevgeny Kafelnikov, just impossible to be defeated in Moscow! :worship:

Well, let's hope she can a good vacation and rest as she is due for Hopman Cup in Perth and that leaves her with only a month of rest.

the cat
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Congrats to Nastya on leading Russia to their first Fed Cup title! :D She is tires but she played well enough against France's B team to barely carry Russia to victory. Well done Anastasia! :) But Russia sure could have used a good #2 singles player to help out Myskina because Kuznetsova almost cost Russia the Fed Cup the way Zvonareva did last year.

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Kuznetsova almost cost Russia the Fed Cup the way Zvonareva did last year.:rolleyes: Compare the current level of Sveta with the level of Bepa last year. Then compare Mauresmo and Pierce playing indoors with Dechy and Golovin. On paper, Sveta should have won, while it was a very tough ask for Bepa last year.

However, in both cases, Tarpischev screwed up bigtime with his selection choices. Sveta was too tired to play, and should have been replaced with Bepa for at least the opening singles match, just as Bepa shouldn't have been played against Mauresmo last year.

It's just lucky that Nastya could make up for Tarpischev's bad choices in singles, and then combine with Bepa to win the tie.

On a sidenote, it's good to see that the Russian team didn't display the same behaviour towards Sveta that they displayed towards Bepa last year :).

goldenlox
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Anastasia has to beat Dechy. After Russia wins the Fed Cup title, then Anastasia can give a full interview.
Now you can speak your mind. You've won the French Open, the Kremlin Cup, and the Fed Cup championships.:bounce: :D

Say what you want.:drool: :D

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Way to go!!!

I was in the train back home when they played doubles and I was already asking myself if it wouldn´t be a good and deserved idea to let Nastya play doubles...and it worked!

Congrats!!!

Nastyafan
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Yes, she says:worship: :
"У меня не было выбора - нервничать или не нервничать, Была одна цель - победить. К тому же, Деши и вчера, и сегодня не показывала своего лучшего тенниса, она начинала играть по-настоящему только в критической ситуации. Возможно, она и сегодня могла бы сделать это, дай я ей такую возможность. Отмечу, что я сегодня не так хорошо двигалась, как вчера, да и подача могла бы быть лучше. Праздновать победу пока не собираемся - надо еще выиграть. Но хотелось бы порадовать наших болельщиков, ведь они у нас - просто супер. Трибуны шумят, кричат речевки, но это мне не мешает, перед своей публикой играть всегда приятно. Если победим, то скорее всего будет совместный ужин с француженками, но там ничего необычного - поздравим друг друга. Если мы выиграем Кубок Федерации, то, возможно, я уйду из сборной. Ведь капитан Шамиль Тарпищев хочет привлекать к выступлениию в команде новых игроков, надо дать им дорогу. Тем не менее, моя цель на сезон-2005 - побеждать, побеждать и побеждать в индивидуальном зачете".It's before the doubles but a smart decision Nastya. Leave Tarpishev and win win win for yourself!:yeah:

the cat
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Epi, Sveta won the U.S. Open so Tarpischev had to play her. But I do agree with you that Vera had to play better players last year against France than Kuznetsova had to play this year against France.

I wonder if Nastya will take a well deserved holiday is Sochi, Russia on the Black Sea. :haha: Masha could show her around. ;)

Emptiness
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Spunky. :hug:
Wondering where you went.

Really? You bought all your jewellery in the store on your own? I don´t even have one piece I´ve bought myself, they´re from friends, family, ex-bf...I don't have too much jewellery but the ones i don't buy myself i like to preserve.. Its possible for me to lose anything. One day i will even lose my clothes, that i'm wearing. ;)

If we shall win the Cup of Federation, that, probably, I shall leave from combined team.I think thats a good decision. Hope she stays continues with it, time to give the younger generation a chance, and concentrate on her own goals.

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Spunky. :hug:
Wondering where you went.

I was back in my hometown playing tennis on my own (and won :cool: ) and visiting my parents. I called my parents a few times in the train to get the latest scores from the doubles....and I am really happy for the russian team and especially for Nastya!!!

My fave pic so far:
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r184570902.jpg

Nastyafan
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I guess Nastya won't be too popular in Sochi. And Black Sea is too cold now (even without Masha) and there is no reason for going there. If she wants a sea I guess she will go to Bali, she adores that place:worship:

Emptiness
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:56 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r184570902.jpg
Awwwwwwwwww. That picture thaws my frozen heart.

I'm so happy for them. Especially Vera. For her grandmother and redeeming herself for last year's Fed Cup. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04111/smilie-love.gif

Congrats for winning your match Spunk. ;)

Nastyafan
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I was back in my hometown playing tennis on my own (and won :cool: ) and visiting my parents. I called my parents a few times in the train to get the latest scores from the doubles....and I am really happy for the russian team and especially for Nastya!!!

My fave pic so far:
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r184570902.jpgWas the match broadcasted in Germany?:eek:
It's funny that you have called for the score from the train, but I wasn't able to follow the score from home again. I hoped at least once in the year I could follow Nastya's match without too much emotions but it didn't happen thanks to Kusi:fiery:
BTW congrats for your win too:yeah:

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:01 PM
What a lovely picture :sobbing:

Nastya sure looks happy :dance:

BTW, that's a nice shirt that Bepa is wearing :D

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Was the match broadcasted in Germany?:eek:
It's funny that you have called for the score from the train, but I wasn't able to follow the score from home again. I hoped at least once in the year I could follow Nastya's match without too much emotions but it didn't happen thanks to Kusi:fiery:
BTW congrats for your win too:yeah:

No, but there was a teletext updated score on ARD (official german tv station), they published the score after one set, so I asked my parents to call me when a set´s over...

You guys should go to GETTY...SPORTS...type in myskina and look at those pics, love the one where her teammates throw her up in the air!!! And look: cutie Jens was there too;)

JLDementieva
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Congrats to Nastya, she really is the hero in all of this! :D It's nice to see her so happy!

katiektc
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:26 PM
awww such a nice pic :)

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Congrats for winning your match Spunk. ;)

:lol: Thanks! 6-1 6-3...just a fun match between me and a good friend. Was the first time I got to play on carpet and I LOVE IT :hearts: !!! Amazing speed and thanks to that I even managed to hit six aces (and 5 DFs :tape: ).

Indoor carpet rocks! I guess Nastya will tell you the same right now;)

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:36 PM
PICTURE TIME

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041128/capt.xsp12011281650.russia_tennis_fed_cup_finals_x sp120.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r3800202222.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r2128428227.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r1095300897.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20041128/capt.sge.jyf42.281104183335.photo00.photo.default-281x380.jpg

yay!!!

I can finally do this capturing (I know it´s an old pic):
http://img98.exs.cx/img98/7918/fed-cup-04-098.jpg
Ladies and Gentlemen: We proudly present the happy winners of the Fed Cup 2004..."so how does it feel?" :lol:

BTW: Those watches they received are just...HUGE :eek:

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:42 PM
You guys should go to GETTY...SPORTS...type in myskina and look at those pics, love the one where her teammates throw her up in the air!!! And look: cutie Jens was there too;)

Oh, here it is:
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1594_gallery.JPG

and even more:
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1593_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1599_gallery.JPG ...Vera, sucks to be so small, doesn´t it;)

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1592_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1597_gallery.JPG

www.fedcup.com

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Oh, be sure to watch Worldsports on CNN (where available) at 21:30 GMT

Nastyafan
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Yea nice pics! :worship:
Happy and lovely Nastya and Vera :kiss::hug:
but Kusi doesn't looks very happy, she doesn't dare to touch the cup:lol:

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Yea nice pics! :worship:
Happy and lovely Nastya and Vera :kiss::hug:
but Kusi doesn't looks very happy, she doesn't dare to touch the cup:lol:

Hehe...noticed that too, but she shouldn´t hide, I mean she has played great matches in the SF. I think she´s really relieved that Russia eventually won... ;)