PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

cool_olga
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:35 AM
She didn't say that for sure. She said she might leave team but who knows.

Pretty Nastya
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/wtaprofile/Nastya_Profile2004.jpg

goldenlox
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:46 PM
I think beating Lena L., Vera Z., Davenport, and Lena D., is just as impressive as Nastya's RG run.
That included Molik, Sveta, Venus, Jennifer, and Lena D.
It's great to have Nastya playing well again, because Dementieva is playing well also. Sveta too.
And it's going to be quite a battle for Russian #1.

Spunky83
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Just visited the Linz-Homepage...they update quite frequently, but I think it might suck for all you guys cause thereīs no english version (at least I canīt find it).

However, Nastya is preparing for the tourney in Austria with Jens in his hometown Stuttgart (again) since yesterday. Rumours are that Serena is going to come to Linz, her managers said that she will arrive at Saturday, but the organizers are still quite sceptical, cause apparently la grande madame has already did the same twice, announcing her appearance and backing off. Letīs see...but I gotta admit, Iīd love to see Nastya kicking Serenaīs butt in the final ;)

deckham
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:19 PM
definitely spunky... i want serena there.... :drink: :yeah:

Spunky83
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:34 PM
definitely spunky... i want serena there.... :drink: :yeah:

I can tell you one person who wouldnīt want this...N-fan where are you ;)

cool_olga
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:54 PM
Nastya always says she loves Stuttgart so good she's there with Jens and good mood. :)
Davenport was ill during semi but Nastya played really well. But Davenport had no spirit and want to fight then.
Nastya-Serena that would be something! And Nastya would win, davai! :D

the cat
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:31 PM
Nastya is very feline in her gracefullness and slinkiness! :cat: :hearts:

Spunky83
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:41 PM
I can tell you one person who wouldnīt want this...N-fan where are you ;)

Oh, I just remember him saying he wouldnīt post here for a week...

Daniel
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
I hope Nastya is thetop sed there and Serena does not play, I am sure Nastya might beat Serena but at this time of the year i dont want this match. Nastya needs to win her 10th career title here !!!!! :D :kiss:

Spunky83
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
I hope Nastya is thetop sed there and Serena does not play, I am sure Nastya might beat Serena but at this time of the year i dont want this match. Nastya needs to win her 10th career title here !!!!! :D :kiss:

Rumours...rumours...Momo might decide to enter the tourney. Damn that website of Linz really knows how to freak tennis fans out by releasing articles with a lot of "maybes".... :rolleyes:

However: If Serena enters Linz, Myskina would be still number one seed...hehe, isnīt it great to be seeded number one though Serena is playing? :devil:

Greenout
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:30 PM
I can't imagine Serena flying all the way to Austria for one
tournament unless there's some sort of Film Festival or award
show in the area. :tape: I bet Venus may show, and it's not Serena.

goldenlox
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
I don't see why Serena would fly to Europe for a Tier II.
Anastasia should be the player to beat no matter who is in the draw.

Emptiness
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Interview with Nastya's superman.. :lol:
http://www.mk.ru/numbers/1329/article41049.htmWhat does he say? All i can make out is he talks about some girl he was going to marry.

Yeah.. i'd be really surprised if Serena actually comes this time. Maybe she really wants to be reclaim #1? It would certainly be easier if she played more tournaments. And Momo coming? Thats a bit scary but if Nastya can beat Davenport she can beat her other bogeyman too. http://xs.to/pics/04103/smilie-mwaha.gif

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/5691/bscap76.jpg
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/3214/bscap90.jpg
Whats Nastya telling Lena? :eek:;)

Daniel
Oct 23rd, 2004, 08:43 AM
Hello everyone :wavey:

i just saw it Spunky, they say Momo and Serena are playing Linz, meaning Nastya will be seeded #2 and might face Serena in semis :fiery: :( ,

Hope Myskina gets an easy draw :worship: :D

JC Federer
Oct 23rd, 2004, 10:22 AM
I agree with Myskina that the gold medal is worth more than a slam.

Slams happen 4 times a year. You fail to win the AO? You have another chance next year. And 3 chances at other slams this year. The Olympics comes only once every 4 years, so you need to wait another 4 years for your next chance, which might be impossible to you by then.

The exclusivity of the Games is what makes it more valuable. Your chances at it are lower, because it doesn't happen as often.

Myskina should have made the gold medal match. I don't know what happened to her. It wasn't televised. None of the tennis matches were televised here. She ended up losing to Molik, with no medals at all to show for it. :sad:

Funny how Agassi says the Olympics are the most important, when he didn't even come to the Games at sydney or athens.

goldenlox
Oct 23rd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Anastasia thinks the Olympics are more important.
Both Lindsay and Serena skipped Athens. They wanted to win the US Open.
Anastasia won the French Open, reached world #2, and repeated in the Kremlin Cup. That's a pretty good 2004.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:09 PM
She choked in the olympics because she wanted it too much, it was a horrible match to watch in the end, really upsetting :sad:

Now that Nastya has got her confidence back, I think she's in for a good week, Mauresmo and Serena being her is good, it'll make her raise her game. i'm hoping she can beat Serena for the first time as well!

Go Nastya :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:12 PM
I think Anastasia will play well also. The YEC this year will have 4 Russians.
All of them have a chance to finish 2004 as world #2.

JC Federer
Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
Both Lindsay and Serena skipped Athens to focus on US Open, and the result? Neither of them won the US Open. The two finalists didn't skip Athens. Lindsay lost to eventual champion. Did skipping Athens really make a difference in their USO bid?

Crazy_Fool
Oct 23rd, 2004, 07:13 PM
Both Lindsay and Serena skipped Athens to focus on US Open, and the result? Neither of them won the US Open. The two finalists didn't skip Athens. Lindsay lost to eventual champion. Did skipping Athens really make a difference in their USO bid?
Well Serena did want to play, but was warned not to by her doctors, and Lindsay I'm not sure, she actually has already won a gold medal and probably didn't wanna go back to Europe while she focusing on the US Open. But no, don't think it made a difference to most players US Open tbh.

Daniel
Oct 24th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Draw in Linz

1/WC Mauresmo Amelie vs BYE
Zuluaga Fabiola COL vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Hantuchova Daniela SVK
Vento-Kabchi Maria VEN vs 8 Sugiyama Ai JPN

4 Zvonareva Vera RUS vs BYE
Dechy Nathalie FRA vs Benesova Iveta CZE
Q Qualifier vs WC Schett Barbara AUT
Jankovic Jelena SCG vs 7 Schnyder Patty SUI

8 Sprem Karolina CRO vs Shaughnessy Meghann USA
Q Qualifier vs Koukalova Klara CZE
Likhovtseva Elena RUS vs WC Bammer Sybille AUT
BYE vs 3 Williams Serena USA

5 Petrova Nadia RUS vs Kostanic Jelena CRO
Bartoli Marion FRA vs Panova Tatiana RUS
Bovina Elena RUS vs Q Qualifier
BYE vs 2 Myskina Anastasia RUS

As u can see, she got the most difficult draw,

2R: Bovina (i dont know the h2h but so far Bovina has been playing good solid tennis) I prefer if Nastya plays the Qualifier ;)
QF: Petrova, I always wanted this match. It would be fun to watch it :clap2: :hug:

SF: I dont think Sprem will beat Serena, so Serena - Nastya in semis, I do believe Nastya can win but it is indoors and that gives Serena the adv. but it would be nice to see Nastya beating Serena 6-0 6-0 :aparty: :yeah:
F: Mauresmo or Vera Z. I prefer Vera in the final, it is much easier for Nastya, she knows how to play Vera but if it Momo, lets see how well she recovered after the injury. Also, so far this year has not beaten Momo so it would be a good time to do it before the YEC

Good luck Nastya!!! :hug: :kiss: :)

JC Federer
Oct 24th, 2004, 02:39 PM
She'll be 27 the next time she goes to the Olympics. Think about how demoralizing that is, when you have chances and squander them. That's why Roger Federer was equally crushed when he was upset. And his match was as equally tight. He expected to win that, and he'll be the same age as Myskina at the next Games.

That's why the Olympics is so important. Chances are few, and it's hard to win. Dare I say it, it is harder to win the olympics than it is a slam. Why? Because only one person can win it every 4 years, so the chances are a lot fewer and farther between.

Epigone
Oct 24th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Nastya is out of Linz due to the flu :sad:

Emptiness
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Flu Forces Myskina Out Of Linz (http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5608_rx.asp)
LINZ, Austria - World No.3 Anastasia Myskina, suffering from the flu, has been forced to withdraw from the $585,000 Generali Ladies Linz presented by Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich in Linz, Austria.

Myskina was due to be seeded No.2 behind Amelie Mauresmo, but the Roland Garros champion has been advised to rest.

"The flu symptoms, which bothered me at the Kremlin Cup and for which I was treated, continued to worsen," said Myskina in a statement Sunday. "I am required to spend a few days in bed with medication to recover fully. I looked forward to this tournament very much and I am disappointed not being able to participate.

"I want to express my sincere apologies to the tournament organizers, the sponsors and the fans. See you next year!"

Myskina's withdrawal has resulted in the following changes to the singles draw:

* No.3 seed Serena Williams moves to Myskina's spot at the bottom of the draw (Line 32);
* No.5 seed Nadia Petrova moves from Line 25 into Williams's original spot (Line 24);
* Elena Bovina is elevated to the No.9 seeding and moves from Line 29 to Petrova's original spot (Line 25)
* Bovina's original spot will be filled by a qualifier or lucky loser.

Myskina's next scheduled event is the season-ending WTA Tour Championships presented by Porsche, November 10-15, for which she has qualified in third place.Nastya. :sobbing:
Thats what you get for whoring it up in Moscow!
I hope she takes a WC into Philly... she better. :(
Good photo choice though. :o

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Get well soon, Anastasia! I hope you are healthy for the YEC, then Fed Cup.

vaiva
Oct 24th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Heal, Nastia, heal!

Belated congrats for defending Moscow :hearts:

So cool she finally locked her Olympics demons in the closet.

cool_olga
Oct 24th, 2004, 07:14 PM
It's just a flu. Hope it didn't get worse so much. It's stil some time to YEC, Nastya has time.
Wish you health! :)

here's funny pic. One man asked Nastya which Russian will be first Russian no.1 and she raised her hand and laughed :p
http://www.inside-tennis.net/gal.php?gd=moscow04&img=moscow28.jpg

Spunky83
Oct 24th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Damn, two days without internet and I donīt get any news...so sad to hear about her not playing, but however itīs not that important as long as sheīs healthy again by time.

Maybe she likes sick-days as much as Ola;)

cool_olga
Oct 24th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Lol I do enjoy :p

Some more conference pics if anybody interested
http://www.inside-tennis.net/gal.php?gd=moscow04&img=moscow30.jpg
http://www.inside-tennis.net/gal.php?gd=moscow04&img=moscow31.jpg
http://www.inside-tennis.net/gal.php?gd=moscow04&img=moscow32.jpg
http://www.inside-tennis.net/gal.php?gd=moscow04&img=moscow33.jpg
http://www.inside-tennis.net/gal.php?gd=moscow04&img=moscow27.jpg
http://www.inside-tennis.net/gal.php?gd=moscow04&img=moscow05.jpg

JLDementieva
Oct 25th, 2004, 12:11 AM
:sad: Nastya, get well soon!!!

Natasc
Oct 25th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Oh :sad: ... I hope Nastya gets better :worship:

Give one of your potent backhands and frighten that flu :bounce:

Betters for you Nastya :)

Daniel
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Get better Nastya :hug: :kiss: :)

Vass22
Oct 25th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Lol I do enjoy :p

Some more conference pics if anybody interested

What was the last time anybody was not interested?
:wavey:
THANKS AGAIN :worship:

deckham
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:57 PM
i guess that's the punishment she gets for winning in her hometown twice in a row... silly moscow... why do you have to be so mean to your lovely nastya! :lol:

she sounds in good spirits and will just have some rest.... that's ok. Get well soon and we all hope to see you playing tennis in the quite near future... ;)

:drink:

nastya is sick
that's not fair
she got sick in moscow
that is her lair
moscow's being mean
it shouldn't get her sick
if i was in moscow
i'd give the city a kick

lol... oops... that one was silly... :) :drink:

Spunky83
Oct 25th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah Decky, that poem was a little bit weird...In the meantime, letīs all get drunk;)

Spunky83
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Iīve just re-read some US Openī04 articles about Justine H-H...some people translated those belgian articles.

Just a very interesting excerpt:
The chances of this Henin reaching the finals are slim. Henin: "I didn't
have the ideal preparation. Don't underestimate the step from Athens
to New York." My god, if this girl wasn't named Justine Henin we would
already consider her dead and burried. But, to quote Anastasia Myskina:
"Henin is a tough one. She will battle through. Justine has more
character than I have, 'she will be ok'".

What a typical nice (too nice) compliment from Nastya...arghhh...thereīs one thing I always thought is lacking in Nastyaīs sport-personality: Killer-Instict!!! I know it doesnīt fit to her, but somehow I think itīs needed to be at the top. Just look at the top players and youīll see that Nastya actually is the only player who doesnīt shoot opponents mean looks and try to "stare them down". I love how well sheīs doing without those little mental-tricks, but still...she shouldnīt say something like that...

Emptiness
Oct 25th, 2004, 08:11 PM
I think has plenty of killer instinct... :tape:
For her coach, Russians and herself. :lol:
No i think she has that hungry for the top, but its just she very honest. I do regard Justine with more "character" or perseverance than Anastasia.. her come backs are amazing especially with her uh injuries and illinesses. I sometimes think Nastya sells herself short.. doesn't give herself enough credit. Like Jens once said, he sometimes believes more in Nastya than she does.

Spunky83
Oct 25th, 2004, 08:14 PM
I think has plenty of killer instinct... :tape:
For her coach, Russians and herself. :lol:
No i think she has that hungry for the top, but its just she very honest. I do regard Justine with more "character" or perseverance than Anastasia.. her come backs are amazing especially with her uh injuries and illinesses. I sometimes think Nastya sells herself short.. doesn't give herself enough credit. Like Jens once said, he sometimes believes more in Nastya than she does.

Well, at least she believes that she will be russiaīs first number one...exactly what I think ;)

Emptiness
Oct 25th, 2004, 08:47 PM
She better!
I really really want her to be. It would be perfect. First Russian woman to win Kremlin Cup, grand slam and number one. I don't know if it'll happen though.. Sveta and Lena are right on her heels. Nastya can't afford to have another slump.

Too bad she had to pull out of Linz. Could of picked up some points and most importantly, i would of gotten to see her.
:rain:

Crazy_Fool
Oct 25th, 2004, 09:23 PM
It would be so amazing if she could get to number 1 :drool:

I'm not into ranking points and stuff, but anyone know what it would take for her to get there? I would really be upset if Lena D or Svetlana got it before her, pls don't make that happen :)

And Nastya should believe in herself a bit more.

Daniel
Oct 26th, 2004, 07:53 AM
I believe she will be #1 next year before RG, :D

Nastya :hug: :kiss: ;)

Daniel
Oct 26th, 2004, 07:56 AM
i am surprised Nastya is playing next week

Philidelphia News: Mauresmo, Myskina, Sharapova IN, Kuznetsova OUT
Barring any withdrawals, the sudden entry of Amelie, Nastya and Masha beefs up the Philidelphia draw.

TOP 8 SEEDS

1) Mauresmo ;)
2) Myskina :o
3) Sharapova
4) Capriati :devil:
5) S Williams
6) V Williams
7) Zvonareva
8) Petrova

I got it from GM

Vamos Nastya :clap2:

Spunky83
Oct 26th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Yeah....way to go Nastya!!! Last year final, this year tourney win!!!

I see a big win coming...sense my senses, they are very good lately;)

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I'm glad she's playing Philly. More points as the season ends. Nastya is in form now, she should play.

Daniel
Oct 27th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Hello Spunky and GL :wavey:

yeah hopefully she will gets tons of points and get closer to Mauresmo. :clap2: :)

Nastyafan
Oct 28th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Hey people! :wavey: Finally I'm back. A bit more than a week but it seems you haven't missed my negativism.;) Only Spunkky:kiss: always remembers me when she mentions Justine.:lol: Well, I said I will forgive her if Nastya wins Moscow and makes at least a final in LA, the first part is done, let's hope the forgiveness is near.:worship:
I had a surgical operation. :fiery: It was very painful... and still it's, I have some troubles using the keyboard... :o but I'm getting better.:) I was so excited that comming back I will watch Nastya and what a disappointment to see two nasty players :devil: (one already isn't) instead of lovely Nastya :kiss: in the draw.At least she will be in Philly although I prefered Linz - the competition is stronger in Philly, TV coverage is worse and she won't have a week off before LA.
But just be healthy Nastya, you can beat everyone and stop being so honest, don't dare to think that anyone has more character or is better than you:kiss: :yeah:

Daniel
Oct 28th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Hello Natyafan :wavey:
nice yo see u back :hug:

lucky u will watch Nastya on tv, here in Cape Town we barely get womens tennis :fiery:

Spunky83
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Hey people! :wavey: Finally I'm back. A bit more than a week but it seems you haven't missed my negativism.;) Only Spunkky:kiss: always remembers me when she mentions Justine.:lol: Well, I said I will forgive her if Nastya wins Moscow and makes at least a final in LA, the first part is done, let's hope the forgiveness is near.:worship:

:lol: Your welcome! I seriously hope she will reach the LA final... ;)

Hope youīre feeling better soon!!!

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Anastasia is still the only Russian to win a Tier I. She's won the last 2 Kremlin Cups.
Anastasia will be the first Russian to defend a major.
And it would be nice for Nastya to be world #1 and #1 seed at Roland Garros.

Spunky83
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Anastasia is still the only Russian to win a Tier I. She's won the last 2 Kremlin Cups.
Anastasia will be the first Russian to defend a major.
And it would be nice for Nastya to be world #1 and #1 seed at Roland Garros.

:lick: Number one seed at the hardest Grand Slam of the year...sounds very nice :lick: ...you know what I am really looking forward to? Next year French Open, she will be the one who receives the honour to play the opening match on Centre Court!!! :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:33 PM
I like that Anastasia defended her Tier I title in Moscow.
I think she'll do a great job at Roland Garros.

Emptiness
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:39 PM
And it would be nice for Nastya to be world #1 and #1 seed at Roland Garros.It would be perfect.
I don't see why not! I shouldn't put anything pass her now. She really surprised me by winning Kremlin. I thought Davenport would smack her ass red and make her scream mommy but she went in with her bitchy on court attitude, dealt with the pressure and won. Shes done pretty good with what she has, lets hope she just keeps improving and has an even better 2005.

Negfan nice to see you pop your head back in. :)

Nastyafan
Oct 29th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Grr Fragrance stop calling me Negfan. :smash: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)I'm Posfan now :worship: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)(at least until some bad loss:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)) And how can you speak in this way about Nastya's sexy lovely bottom :lick: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#). And bitchy attitude:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):mad: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#). Indeed, there was one bitch on court and her big ass was kicked by the sexiest legs:hearts: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Otherwise I agree it would be perfect if Nastya begins defending her RG title as #1:angel: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#).

Spunky83
Oct 29th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Hehe....NegFan, I like it!!!

Spunky83
Oct 29th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Ok, so here it comes, the last regular tourney of the year and Nastya has a very nice draw in my opinion:

Sheīs second seed, meaning she has to play against the well-known player called Bye, after her she will meet a qualifier (should be no prob), after the qualifier, she could meet Petrova (going with the seeds), Nastya is 3-1 in H2H. Thereīs also a chance that Amy Frazier could make it through, but I doubt it. Ok, in the semis she could meet either Vera (I have the feeling sheīs very very tired) or J-Cap (hasnīt played since US Open)...so, Iīll guess itīs a good draw.

Other half are Venus, Momo, Masha, Molik...so yeah, finally (!) Nastya got the easier half, it was about damn time! Serena is out...who says rumours are always false?

I might add that Iīd love to see Vera in the YEC (though I doubt it), so letīs wait and see! :wavey:

Nastyafan
Oct 30th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Is the draw out yet?:eek: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Well it looks good although that albino could be dangerous but I hope Nastya wants revenge for Wimby... but better Nadya. And I would prefer Vera in the other half, now if she beats Cap her qualifying for LA may depend on Nastya. And I don't like the choice - to trow out of LA her friend and partner or to lose:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
BTW have Nastya/Vera a chance for LA doubles?

Emptiness
Oct 30th, 2004, 01:00 AM
NegFan what bitch are you talking about? Davenport?
In the Kremlin Nastia appeared very confident and all business. Its was like it was a routine job to her and she needed to finish as fast as she could. Not that she isn't always rushing. :rolleyes:
I like that attitude.

I think Vera and Nastia have a lot of respect for each other and wouldn't deliberately tank a match. But this draw looks pretty good for once.

You will always be NegFan to me. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-giggle.gif

Daniel
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:08 AM
The draw for Nastya in easy, sohuld be a problem for her to reac the final.

Good luck!!! :worship:

Spunky83
Oct 30th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Interesting thing with Nastya/Vera, isnīt it? I dunno...of course I can only speak for myself, but I would gladly tank my match in order to make the YEC for a good friend possible and there will be a few more days to rest until the YEC...just my attitude;) See: I could never be a pro in any sport with that thought...lol

Princess Sarah.
Oct 30th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Yay Go Anastacia!!!!

Nastyafan
Oct 30th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Definitely an interesting situation with Nastya/Vera. If it happens their match to be decisive vor Vera I think Nastya should and will tank it. I don't think it would be disrespectful, she could tank it without Vera knowing and it will be a true friendship. It happens regullarly in sport and not for friendship but for money or interest That's the real world. And there are alot of money in LA too. Why should they give them Venus? Because se was so "nice" to Nastya after losing in RG?
In Montreal Nastya needed points badly but her "best friend" deprived her of the chance to compete for #1. Now Nastya could be in a similar situation and I think she will prove being a better friend.:hug::angel: ... Although I personally prefer her always winning and these missed points may prevent her from reaching #1 at some time next year:sad: :fiery:

cool_olga
Oct 30th, 2004, 02:02 PM
That's what somebody wrote in the guestbook. I think he's sick mentally but maybe sb knows something about this? :/

Comments: I have just knowed that Myskina former boy-friend (Jens Erhlach) and her present boy-frined (Alexndr Stepanov) both had told the CNN.com that they have never make love with Myskina. Myskina is homo-sexual and her lover on the WTA-tour is Dementieva, but Myskina has make love several times with Maria (Sharapova). SMA,bali...

Do anybody agree with this person??? Have anybody read that on cnn.com??? Why do the World of Nastya-lovers not sued this person??

Nastyafan
Oct 30th, 2004, 02:14 PM
What bullshit:fiery: :devil: :mad: :cuckoo:
it's not worth discussing that:tape:

Dementinator
Oct 30th, 2004, 02:30 PM
What bullshit:fiery: :devil: :mad: :cuckoo:
it's not worth discussing that:tape:

Complete and utter BOLLOCKS in fact it is what BOLLOCKS wants to be when it grows up!!!

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2004, 03:38 PM
I don't want to know what goes on in the players' personal lives.

Nastya has to focus on tennis. These next 2 tournaments will determine Russian #1 for 2004.

cool_olga
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:12 PM
That is sure bullshit that's no doubt about that.

I really wonder what Nastya does in Philly. I want Vera to be in LA but she lost her best chanves in not strongest field Zurich and Linz losing to players she should definitely beat. Maybe Nastya helps her but still Cappy had a time to come back fresh an Serena is a first class player, I doubt they give Vera a chance but well, it's tennis.

I think it's not smart for Nastya to play Philly, she would better rest before LA and not come there as tired as last year.

Emptiness
Oct 30th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Why should she tank a match? Just because they're friends? I really don't agree with that... I'm glad Lena L didn't tank that match in Montreal. Therefore if or when Anastasia reaches #1 it will be solely on her own merits. Same thing for Vera, when she makes YEC its on her own merits, i think thats a better accomplishment.

Comments: I have just knowed that Myskina former boy-friend (Jens Erhlach) and her present boy-frined (Alexndr Stepanov) both had told the CNN.com that they have never make love with Myskina. Myskina is homo-sexual and her lover on the WTA-tour is Dementieva, but Myskina has make love several times with Maria (Sharapova). SMA,bali...Lol! Thats fucking funny in the "what a huge idiot" kind of way. Doubt CNN would bother to report that. Besides i think Anastasia is so unbelievably straight. Not a gay bone in her body. My gaydar ceases to exist when i watch her. But... if she was lesbian i do think it would be with Lena haha. They did share same hotel rooms. :tape::lol::drool:
But Anastasia and Maria having sex?! That would of been all over the news cause of the noise coming from the room. http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-xd.gifhttp://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-winktongue.gif

Why do people say "make love" just say sex or fucking.

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/381/hah4.jpg :smooch::silly:

cool_olga
Oct 31st, 2004, 12:22 AM
This is very stupid what it's said and it shouln't be said about Nastya but lol, this pic is funny.
Stepanov looked good in Moscow so Nasty is okay fo sure :p I think he loves her ( not mean physical), was really supporting and ther every day. Big plus for Alexandr.

Martian Willow
Oct 31st, 2004, 12:30 AM
That's what somebody wrote in the guestbook. I think he's sick mentally but maybe sb knows something about this? :/

Comments: I have just knowed that Myskina former boy-friend (Jens Erhlach) and her present boy-frined (Alexndr Stepanov) both had told the CNN.com that they have never make love with Myskina. Myskina is homo-sexual and her lover on the WTA-tour is Dementieva, but Myskina has make love several times with Maria (Sharapova). SMA,bali...

Do anybody agree with this person??? Have anybody read that on cnn.com??? Why do the World of Nastya-lovers not sued this person??

Of course it's bs, but the idea of it certainly brought a smile to my face. Nastya and Elena. :lick: :)

Sorry.

Hantuchov
Oct 31st, 2004, 01:24 AM

:scratch:

It means Nastya is the girl Maria thanked in Wimbledon Ceremony :speakles: :secret: :speakles:

And it also explains the reason why Alyona always badmouths Masha :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles:

Poor Alyona, damn jealous :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Nastyafan
Oct 31st, 2004, 02:42 AM
I don't think Nastya will be tired for LA. She hasn't played too much lately and YEC starts only on Wednesday. And she tends to repeat her last year successes, so let's hope she will repeat or improve her last year performance in Philly.:worship: Only the case Vera complicates the things. Indeed Vera has only herself to blame for so easily missed chances in Zurich and Linz but definitelly she wil remember forever Philly if Nastya closes the dooor to LA.:sad:
I really don't know who I'll cheer for if that match happens - I want Nastya always winning, but if that win means qualifying one of big babies I hate instead of Vera...:fiery:

When or if Nastya reaches #1 there will be alot of people saying she is undeserving #1, so I don't care how she will reach it, I would acclaim even a stipulation: Nastya to tank this match and Vera to tank their next meeting in GS. Isn't fair?;)

I still don't like that Stepanow. And that interview - he sounds like an arrogant swank:devil:

Daniel
Oct 31st, 2004, 07:02 AM
I don't think Nastya will be tired for LA. She hasn't played too much lately and YEC starts only on Wednesday. And she tends to repeat her last year successes, so let's hope she will repeat or improve her last year performance in Philly.:worship: Only the case Vera complicates the things. Indeed Vera has only herself to blame for so easily missed chances in Zurich and Linz but definitelly she wil remember forever Philly if Nastya closes the dooor to LA.:sad:
I really don't know who I'll cheer for if that match happens - I want Nastya always winning, but if that win means qualifying one of big babies I hate instead of Vera...:fiery:

When or if Nastya reaches #1 there will be alot of people saying she is undeserving #1, so I don't care how she will reach it, I would acclaim even a stipulation: Nastya to tank this match and Vera to tank their next meeting in GS. Isn't fair?;)

I still don't like that Stepanow. And that interview - he sounds like an arrogant swank:devil:
I dont thik people will say she does not deserve #1 , she has a GS much better than Momo, and abotu VEra, i really believe Nastya will beat her if vEra makes the semis.

Go Nastya :D

Crazy_Fool
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:32 PM
I would prefer Vera to qualify as well :D

Nastya would deserve to be number 1 for sure, and even if i do like Mauresmo, she deserves it more than her. I guess she'll have to wait til next year, but i reckon something big could happen at the AO. Check out the last 3 winners of RG and whats happened at the AO the next year :D Wouldn't mind a repeat.

As for this year, i'm not too worried about Phili, rather she performs well at the YEC, at least get out the RR this time. Go Nastya :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:35 PM
Anastasia is not going to catch Davenport for world #1 in 2004.
Maybe with a great Australian Open, she can reach world #1.

But finishing 2004 as Russian #1 and world #2 is very possible. She has to do better than Mauresmo.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:44 PM
And Mauresmo has alot of points to defend from the YEC so I can see it happening.

Daniel
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:22 AM
Indeed, we know she cant be #1 in 2004, but I wish she gets #2 at then end of the YEC, hopw she gets an easy group and beats all of them.

Vamos Nastya :D :hug:

Emptiness
Nov 1st, 2004, 06:15 PM
If it wasn't for that Athens slump.. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-sad.gif
Oh well her draw at Philly looks really good. Maybe she'll win the title and get lots of confidence for YEC. And then spank everybody.

http://img86.exs.cx/img86/7669/kremlin-cup-04-305.jpg
Man In Suit: Lena couldn't come.
Anastasia: What?!
Man In Suit: Maybe you could do Vera instead.

http://img86.exs.cx/img86/6195/kremlin-cup-04-306.jpg
Anastasia: Well i'm told i'm pretty good.
Vera: :o

http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-giggle.gif I'll never look at a picture with Nastya and Lena the same again.

Spunky83
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:52 PM
Finishing the year as world number two sounds pretty satisfying to me...LOL...go go go!!! This year number two, next year number one!!! YAY!!!

Nastyafan
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
Nastya's first opponent will be Rossana Neffa...
shouldn't be a problem, I think it's first Rossana's win in MD for the year.

Yea it would be great Nastya finishing as #2, probably direct battles with Momo will decide it. Although I would prefer Nastya being at least for a week #1, #1 remain in history forever, #2 are remembered only by their fans:sad:

Spunky83
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:52 PM
Nastya's first opponent will be Rossana Neffa...
shouldn't be a problem, I think it's first Rossana's win in MD for the year.

Yea it would be great Nastya finishing as #2, probably direct battles with Momo will decide it. Although I would prefer Nastya being at least for a week #1, #1 remain in history forever, #2 are remembered only by their fans:sad:

At least she has won a Slam and this is not a bad thing either ;), NegFan! :lol: No, youīre right, number one is always better, but well, we shouldnīt place our expectations too high. Last year it was the wish for Nastya to reach a semifinal of a slam, so I think...step for step, it takes some time, but it will work out. You will see!!!

Daniel
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:33 AM
Hello guys :wavey:

Good luck vs. Rossana, it would be easy to beat her :D

Nastyafan
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:27 AM
Grrr Spunky, calling me Negfan you will return me to my dark thoughts:fiery: . Yes GS was history, #2 is a great achievement, but not history and she already was there so I'm not so excited about that spot. Of course it's the best position for an attack to #1 but I would prefer Nastya remaining #3 or 4 100 points behind #1 than #2 500 points behind. #1 is completelly different story, it's at least equal or maybe higher than slams because slam winners are much more than #1.
I don't denny, Natya already surpassed all our expectation,:angel: but the appetite comes with the eating:lick:

miffedmax
Nov 2nd, 2004, 02:36 PM

I can't find any such article on cnn's u.s. or international website, and I think it's unlikely cnn would have posted such a story anyway. If such an article existed, anyone who really wanted to make their point would have posted a link or quote from the article if it existed.

Max

JC Federer
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:33 PM
Haha Olga! That's hilarious. :lol: If she did make love with Maria, that would be pedophilia... :angel:

But that almost makes me jealous of Myskina... ;) :hearts:

the cat
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
Why Ola why? Ola dear, why bring that gossip nonsense about Anastasia into her thread? It's obviously not true and it's not fair to Myskina to even consider it. Nastya has to put up with alot with these rumours and her lawsuit against the magazine for using her topless photos.

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
I was reading the Philly articles, and they didn't ask Anastasia about it on media day.
Nastya said she wants to be Russian #1. And world #1.

Spunky83
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:33 PM
I can't find any such article on cnn's u.s. or international website, and I think it's unlikely cnn would have posted such a story anyway. If such an article existed, anyone who really wanted to make their point would have posted a link or quote from the article if it existed.

Max

I canīt even believe that some of you guys really think that this is true in any way. You know what I did yesterday? I have met an yellow elephant on my way to work, he asked me how I was doing and I said I was fine. The elephant let me ride on his back in order to get faster to work and all out of a sudden, he turned bright pink and mice and cats were falling out of the sky!!!

Iīve just realized that my story is as good as Maratīs Hippo-story;)

Donīt believe the crap someone posted, the more famous someone gets, the more weird stories will come up...Andy didnīt make out with Paris, did he?!? :lol:

Emptiness
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:17 PM
One mention of SEX and people come out of the woodworks. Dirty, horny people. ;)

I think everyone knows its not true we're just having a laugh at the stupidity. A little something to lighten the mood and the general theme "Anastasia's got to beat x to move to rank x and be Russian #1 because x and x are right behind her". Laugh a little its good for the soul. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-animesweat.gif

Spunky I'm afraid nothing will beat Marat and his hippo. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-grin.gif

Anastasia and Vera play doubles against Ashley and Mattek today. Maybe they can bring home another title.

Nastyafan
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Everyone believes that's not true but everyone continues considering it. I think it's disrespectful to Nastya even to mention it and it doesn't make me laugh(except Spunky's story:lol: ).:fiery:

Nastya/Vera are playing doubles again:eek: . Why do they need it, they aren't in YEC doubles and need to be focused and fresh for singles now, Vera amost lost her match yesterday. That's not smart decision

Emptiness
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Theres always going to be stupid stories like these... i think its easier to take it humorously than by getting angry or irritated. Better to dispute a rumor by mercilessly mocking it than gave the author what he/she may be hoping for. But we all have different outlooks and approach things differently so i understand..

Playing doubles could be good.. get Anastasia and Vera adjusted to the atmosphere of tournements and into the right mindframe. But Vera seems to be tired and it might do more harm than good. The first match is always hard right? Maybe that match put a scare into Vera and she'll really pick up her game. Playing doubles worked for Anastasia in Moscow so maybe it'll work here!

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
some people :o :rolleyes:
Olga, you should be more sensible ;) than to think that some troll posting is believable.

good luck Nastya :) in Phili :)
there's still hope, where there's hope there's life.
Nastya go for #2 in the final yr end rank :)
thats the next target :)

Spunky83
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
So, they should be playing doubles by now...that website of Philly sucks big time!!!

Iīve gotta say, if I were Vera da Bepa I definetly wouldnīt play doubles, but well, that girl is weird no matter what;)...itīs her sixth tourney in six weeks. This is sooo scary!!!

Spunky83
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:47 PM
A new article from Philly concerning the big fight between the russian stars, mainly concentrating on Masha (not the descriptions: Striking, Aloof, Famous, star, glamorous looks, fashion sense, Kournikova) and Nastya (note: mousy, gym suit, Plain, Low-key, Under the radar, pioneer, set the standard, self-confessed, homebody)

Russian revolution
By JENNIFER WIELGUS
phillyBurbs.com

Here is Maria Sharapova, the 6-foot blonde teenager wearing Sex-and-the-City shoes and talking with a national magazine reporter about her favorite outfit and which Ashlee Simpson song she likes best. Striking. Aloof. Famous.

There is Anastasia Myskina, the mousy twenty-something with clear braces, clad in a gym suit and telling some local scribes how she prefers watching hockey games back in Moscow to doing interviews. Plain. Low-key. Under the radar.

Listen closely, though, to these leaders of tennis' Russian revolution. Their goal comes in unison.

"I really, really would love to be No. 1," said Myskina, currently the No. 3-ranked player on the WTA tour and the top-ranked pro player out of Russia.

Said seventh-ranked Sharapova: "I definitely want to be No. 1."

That kind of single-minded determination has catapulted the Russian women to the forefront of the women's game in the past year. Eight of the top 20 tennis players in the world are at Villanova this week competing in the Advanta Championships, and four of those players hail from Russia.

Two of them - Myskina and Sharapova - won Grand Slam tournaments in 2004. Myskina's French Open title made her the first Russian woman ever to win a major on tour, and Sharapova's breakthrough at Wimbledon made her an international star.

Svetlana Kuznetsova then took the U.S. Open, making it a near-sweep and, really, shocking the world.

"Nobody would have imagined that," said Sharapova, 17, who drew the fourth seed in the Advantas. "If you told someone at the beginning of the year that three of our girls would win Grand Slams, they would probably say that's absolutely impossible."

But Myskina, 23, broke the ice at Roland Garros back in May. And suddenly, there was a full-on assault from the likes of Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Elena Dementieva, Vera Zvonareva and Nadia Petrova - all Top 15 players right now - that supplanted Belgium and the United States as the epicenter of women's tennis.

What's causing this trend? Lisa Raymond, an 11-year WTA veteran and a native of Wayne, thinks friendly rivalries lie behind the Russians' success.

"It's a matter of each one pushing each other," said Raymond, who enters the Advantas ranked 28th on the tour. "I think Maria [Sharapova] wants to do better than Kuznetsova, and Kuznetsova wants to do better than Myskina, and Myskina wants to do better than all of them..."

Indeed, Myskina considers herself a kind of pioneer in this push.

Last year, she became the first Russian to win the Kremlin Cup in her hometown of Moscow - an accomplishment that earned her personal congratulations from Boris Yeltsin and Vladimir Putin. She won three other singles titles and reached the Advanta final, falling to Amelie Mauresmo.

Myskina finished 2003 ranked at a career-high seventh in the world. And although she never earned mainstream recognition in the United States, she entered 2004 feeling like she'd set the standard for her countrywomen.

"I know that they want to be ahead of me," said Myskina, the Advanta's No. 2 seed behind Mauresmo. "And I want to be No. 1 in Russia, and that pushes me to play better."

Being No. 1 in Russia is enough for Myskina, because the way things are going, she sees that as No. 1 in the world.

With her glamorous looks, fashion sense and contract with IMG models, Sharapova drew immediate comparisons to retired Russian tennis vixen Anna Kournikova. And thus, the magazine reporters and television cameras swarm her at every turn, inquiring about her clothing and music taste.

Myskina, a self-confessed sports fan and homebody, shuns that spotlight. She's too concerned with fending off Sharapova - and all comers - on the court.

"I do my job, and I try to do good," she said. "If people like me, they support me, and if they don't, they don't."

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/78-11022004-393798.html

Does this writer know anything about tennis? It seems like Masha is the main threat for Nastya...laughing out very loud ;)

This article makes Myskina seeming like the most boring and ordinary person on earth, but a superb tennis player and Sharapova is the super model...they should have mentioned how the peformances of Masha looked like when she played Nastya: "Plain. Low-key. Under the radar." :lol:

"I do my job, and I try to do good," she said. "If people like me, they support me, and if they don't, they don't." NICE :devil:

Nastyafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:51 AM
Typical American narrow-minded writer:devil:
Nastya/Vera won:D but the score 5-7 7-6(5) 6-1:fiery:
probably they have saved several MP:eek:
and they don't need such tough matches

the cat
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the article.

Shame on Nastyafan for stereotyping the supposedly American writer as narrow minded. :eek: Shame shame everyone knows your name. :mad: :tape: ;)

Myskina is the best Russina and I have no problem saying that. But let's be real about Nastya. She's got legs and she knows how to use them! :D :bounce::worship: :hearts: :drool:

Nastyafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:38 AM
Sorry cat, I don't want to insult anyone but isn't that typical for American media - how famous and atractive is Masha and how plain, uncomely is Nastya:fiery:

Daniel
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:42 AM
congrats Nastya now they lay 2r in doubles on wed

Good luck!!! :dance: :banana: :D

miffedmax
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:55 PM
Well, I think the writer overstated Myskina's so-called plainness. She is very cute in her own right. And Nastya's down-to-earth nature is part of why I like her. She's my older son's favorite player, and we're both as American as can be.

Max

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Anastasia wants to stay out of the limelight.
Otherwise, she would have skipped Sopot, and went straight to Athens.
She doesn't want all that attention.
Maria grew up in Florida, in Anna's shadow.
She craves all the attention she can get.

JC Federer
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:15 PM
Why did Sveta and LenaD barely get a mention? Seems this "Russian Revolution" article is centered around only two players.

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
It's an article about the Philly tournament.

Emptiness
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:26 PM
If they're going to sell Maria as some super model they should've atleast picked a better picture. And really Maria, Ashlee Simpson? I expected more from you.

I'd never describe Anastasia as plain. You wouldn't find someone who looks like her walking down the street. Atleast not here and we're very multicultural. Anyways typical fluffy Maria article.

Negfan i found the perfect smilie for you haha... actually a perfect smilie to describe this day...
http://img18.exs.cx/img18/1734/smilie-negative.gif
Anastasia and Vera are playing doubles against Fedak and Poutchek. Good luck girls. Finish them in two sets this time.

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Now that I reread it, it is insulting to Anastasia.
But she said the right things. The last quote is perfect.

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:46 PM
actually a perfect smilie to describe this day...

Oh yeah... :mad:

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
Well, I think the writer overstated Myskina's so-called plainness. She is very cute in her own right. And Nastya's down-to-earth nature is part of why I like her. She's my older son's favorite player, and we're both as American as can be.

Max

Cool...two Nastya fans in one family. My family doesnīt like her at all (as Iīve already mentioned it once) :sad:...at least they watch her matches now even without me;)

BTW...NegFan is was as always a little bit too fast with his judgement ( :kiss: no matter what). I love all americans who donīt think that tennis is just williams and J-Cap :wavey:

I guess the writer just wanted to present the non-interested tennis world how the situation looks like in tennis right now which is basically focusing on russians. To show this countryīs high numbers of players, she wanted to point out how different they are and thanks to Myskina and Sharapova (obviously) different types, it was the perfect example. Maybe itīs not that insulting after all if you see it from that perspective... :confused:

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:32 PM
(2) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. Fedak/Poutchek (UKR/BLR) 63 64;)

miffedmax
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=Spunky83]Cool...two Nastya fans in one family. My family doesnīt like her at all (as Iīve already mentioned it once) :sad:...at least they watch her matches now even without me;)

BTW...NegFan is was as always a little bit too fast with his judgement ( :kiss: no matter what). I love all americans who donīt think that tennis is just williams and J-Cap :wavey:

Thanks, Spunky. In an individual sport like tennis, I think it makes sense to pick your faves based on personality, style of play, etc., not nationality. My favorites are Dementieva, Nastya, V. Williams, Roddick and Federer on those criteria.

Now, come Davis/Federation Cup time, I'll wrap myself in the stars and stripes and chant "USA" a loudly as anyone.

Max

the cat
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
Nastyafan, Anastasia is not plaiin with her dark good looks and nice physique. :D :drool:

But I agree with GL that Maria craves attention for the most part. She was bred that way as a Boleeteri IMG girl. But Nastya likes Masha for a reason even though the 2 of them are different people. Masha is likable. And if she wasn't Nastya wouldn't like Masha.

Nastyafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
Negfan i found the perfect smilie for you haha... actually a perfect smilie to describe this day...
Anastasia and Vera are playing doubles against Fedak and Poutchek. Good luck girls. Finish them in two sets this time.Yea, that's an actual smile for today and maybe for next 4 years. But I don't know how long there will be smiles or only the dark clouds will remain:scared: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
Thanks, Spunky. In an individual sport like tennis, I think it makes sense to pick your faves based on personality, style of play, etc., not nationality. My favorites are Dementieva, Nastya, V. Williams, Roddick and Federer on those criteria.

If you had added Justine H-H to your list, you would have been my perfect friend by now;)

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Yea, that's an actual smile for today and maybe for next 4 years. But I don't know how long there will be smiles or only the dark clouds will remain:scared: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Sorry, I know this is Nastyaīs forum, but this is way much more important than tennis...

I am deeply disappointed, but I really do wish him the best and that he can do better than last time. What else can you do, but to support him? It concerns the whole world. If he doesnīt fulfill his job, we will be f** :tape: up...

Greetings and I am out

Nastyafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:36 PM
BTW...NegFan is was as always a little bit too fast with his judgement ( :kiss: no matter what). I love all americans who donīt think that tennis is just williams and J-Cap :wavey:Yea I love all americans who don't think that tennis is just williams, cap, dev, who don't think the americans are superior to rest of the world, who don't think Bush is the the most clever famous man... but are there many of that sort? I would like to exclude decky here but he said he can't stand Kerry and probably has voted for :devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Nastyafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Sorry, I know this is Nastyaīs forum, but this is way much more important than tennis...

I am deeply disappointed, but I really do wish him the best and that he can do better than last time. What else can you do, but to support him? It concerns the whole world. If he doesnīt fulfill his job, we will be f** :tape: up...

Greetings and I am outgrrr I already said in non-tennis I completely disagree with your opinion about supporting bush and do you really believe his goal is to destroy the terrorism?

Emptiness
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:44 PM
Maybe itīs not that insulting after all if you see it from that perspective... :confused:No its still insulting. Even excluding the ridiculous claim that Maria is a super model while Anastasia is some nerdy muppet who only emerges from the musty old basement in time for a tennis match they give Maria the title of a leader in the Russian Revolution. Thats not only insulting to Anastasia its insulting to Elena and Sveta. Can't they wait till Maria actually has a strangle hold on the tour before leaving all their lip prints on her ass? http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-noshake.gif

But they do an okay job highlighting the differences between them.

My favorites are Dementieva, Nastya, V. Williams, Roddick and Federer on those criteria. Duckboy? I'm sorry i could tolerate you supporting Bush but Duckboy?! ...Oh who the hell am i kidding, atleast theres Fedex constantly kicking Duckboy's ass. Whose going to be Bush's Fedex.

Nastyafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:45 PM
Nastyafan, Anastasia is not plaiin with her dark good looks and nice physique. :D :drool:

But I agree with GL that Maria craves attention for the most part. She was bred that way as a Boleeteri IMG girl. But Nastya likes Masha for a reason even though the 2 of them are different people. Masha is likable. And if she wasn't Nastya wouldn't like Masha.
you should tell that the writter not me, cat.

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:58 PM
grrr I already said in non-tennis I completely disagree with your opinion about supporting bush and do you really believe his goal is to destroy the terrorism?

Ups...I think you totally got me wrong. I hate Bush, but seen from an american traditional view, I understand why they would vote for him. In my opinion heīs a liar, an idiot and someone who really has his problem with the tiny word alliance (esp. with my country which is in great shock) and I just basically disagree with him in every single point.

But now that he has became president (again, thanks voters :rolleyes: ), all I can hope for is that he does his job ok. Iīd love to see him totally messes up his work by doing something even more stupid than this Iraq-thing, but this would eventually mean the end of the world (come on Bush-boy, get out your bombs and check if those are comparable to Northern Korea!!!)...do you know what I was trying to say?

Mr. Bush is definetly the person I have the least respect for (along with some others), but still he has the world in his hands...Iīll kick his ass if he lets it slipping out of his those.

To be honest, I am damn afraid, so I really hope he can do his job better than the last four years.

And N-Fan: Youīre such an emotional person... ;)

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:16 PM

Greetings and I am out

:eek: Ahhhhh!!! now I got it! By fucked up I meant, till we are all dead because of the third world war he had started and by "do better than last time" that he should try to find a better way to work against terrorism...me a Bush supporter right away? Noooo!!! Thatīs like declaring Serena as my fave player :tape:

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Back to tennis: So how big is the chance Philly lets Nastya play one of the earlier matches tomorrow due to her non-blonde, non-american, but second seed-status?

Eurosport starts broadcasting tomorrow at 17 oīclock (GMT+1) till 20 oīclock...of course I have a seminar during that time. Is it just a coincidence that Nastya never plays until the last possible day or does she really have a word to say in this as one of the top players?

BTW: http://www.eurosport.de/home/pages/v4/l1/s57/playermultimedia_lng1_rub9_spo57_ven18250.shtml

Clip with Nastya from Real Life on the WTA Tour with the horses in Dubai...I think Iīve missed the last two editions...itīs really funny when Nastya tries to get the pony to move and she really does have a weird, but super cute laugh. Sorry, couldnīt find it in any other languages, hope it wasnīt posted before.

miffedmax
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=Spunky83]Ups...I think you totally got me wrong. I hate Bush, but seen from an american traditional view, I understand why they would vote for him.

You do? Then please explain it to me, because I've now voted against him 3 times (2 times as prez, one time as governor) and he keeps winning. :mad:

I always thought we in America were supposed to hate empires, not build them. :fiery:

On the other hand, I'm almost relieved the Democrats don't have to try and clean up his messes.

Max

Nastyafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
I know you are not Bush supporter Spunky, just I think you are mistaken thinking that Bush's mission is to fight the terrorism. The terrorism was created by him (and his precursors) and the terrorism perfectly conforms to his goals and plans (not only his of course). But enough here, we can continue discuss in non-tennis.

Thanks for the link but which player is required, I can't see the clip

Spunky83
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:03 PM
I know you are not Bush supporter Spunky, just I think you are mistaken thinking that Bush's mission is to fight the terrorism. The terrorism was created by him (and his precursors) and the terrorism perfectly conforms to his goals and plans (not only his of course). But enough here, we can continue discuss in non-tennis.

Thanks for the link but which player is required, I can't see the clip

I donīt support him fighting anything...battling Iraq was wrong as well as his other missions. I want him to do the right thing which is definetly not starting wars against terrorists. Thatīs what I meant. I hope itīs clear now ;)

Real Player Neg!

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks a nice clip.
But I didn't understand too much from the commentary and why did they force the poor horse to swim?

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Back to tennis: So how big is the chance Philly lets Nastya play one of the earlier matches tomorrow due to her non-blonde, non-american, but second seed-status?

Eurosport starts broadcasting tomorrow at 17 oīclock (GMT+1) till 20 oīclock...of course I have a seminar during that time. Is it just a coincidence that Nastya never plays until the last possible day or does she really have a word to say in this as one of the top players?
Of course no. Momo is playing tomorrow, how could ES miss her match:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
at least the second match is Vera-Nat

JLDementieva
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Eurosport is broadcasting Philly?! Ridiculous how this tournament is in the US, but we the ones who live in the US don't have coverage while people in Europe do!! :mad: I wanna see Nastya play!!!

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Yes, Eurosport is doing a great job this autumn :yeah: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
but as Negfan I can't miss that Momosport would suit them better :fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Daniel
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Good luck Nastya vs. Rossana :D

Daniel
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:41 AM
(2) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. Fedak/Poutchek (UKR/BLR) 63 64;)
:yeah: now good luck in the QF!!! :bounce:

saab95
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:20 PM
momosport begins with Vera, but I hope we can watch Nastya in more important matches this week!

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks a nice clip.
But I didn't understand too much from the commentary and why did they force the poor horse to swim?

:lol: ...itīs part of their training programm, those are very important race horses and Nastya asked the owner of the horse what the practicing-programm looks like for the horses, she said as a tennis player she would practice six hours a day. The owner answered that swimming is part of that for the horses, so they "forced the poor horse to swim" :lol:

"Momosport"...hehe, well youīve gotta say that itīs not a decision made by eurosport and we all know that Nastya loves to sleep in, so itīs not that bad. Besides it shouldnīt be such an intense and intersting match;)...at least I hope so

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Eurosport is broadcasting Philly?! Ridiculous how this tournament is in the US, but we the ones who live in the US don't have coverage while people in Europe do!! :mad: I wanna see Nastya play!!!

Willow posted this a while ago:

Fri., Nov. 5 , 8:00 pm Advanta Tennis Quarterfinal
Sat., Nov. 6, 6:00 pm Advanta Tennis Semifinal #1
Sat., Nov. 6, 8:00 pm Advanta Tennis Semifinal #2
Sun., Nov. 7, 2:30 pm Advanta Tennis Doubles Final
Sun., Nov. 7, 9:00 pm Advanta Tennis Singles Final

http://www.cn8.tv/shared/video/cn8winmedia.asx

Hmmm...QF night session, looks like Nastya wonīt play then...eurosport just shows matches from 11am-2pm (EST), so theoretically this would mean we miss 6 hours of play...are the QFs splitted up into early(two matches) and evening session (two matches)?

Can anyone help me?

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:53 PM
:lol: ...itīs part of their training programm, those are very important race horses and Nastya asked the owner of the horse what the practicing-programm looks like for the horses, she said as a tennis player she would practice six hours a day. The owner answered that swimming is part of that for the horses, so they "forced the poor horse to swim" :lol:

"Momosport"...hehe, well youīve gotta say that itīs not a decision made by eurosport and we all know that Nastya loves to sleep in, so itīs not that bad. Besides it shouldnīt be such an intense and intersting match;)...at least I hope so
Thanks for the explanation.:kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
Probably it isn't easy to be a race hourse:unsure: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Noo I already said it, I'm sure Momosport asks the organizers to schedule momo's matches in their broadcasting time. They are probably the only sponsor who cares about the schedule

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Willow posted this a while ago:

Hmmm...QF night session, looks like Nastya wonīt play then...eurosport just shows matches from 11am-2pm (EST), so theoretically this would mean we miss 6 hours of play...are the QFs splitted up into early(two matches) and evening session (two matches)?

Can anyone help me?Probably it's an old schedule, in their teletext they will broadcast tomorrow from 5 till 8 p.m again - 2 matches but we all know one of them so 33% cance to see Nastya

and doubles final:rolleyes: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#) i can't believe

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Probably it's an old schedule, in their teletext they will broadcast tomorrow from 5 till 8 p.m again - 2 matches but we all know one of them so 33% cance to see Nastya

and doubles final:rolleyes: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#) i can't believe

Yeah, I know...17-20h, which means in Philly 11-14h. So basically we get to see two QFs and the online coverage starts at 2h in the morning here in my timezone...basically two different sessions.

goldenlox
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
If Nastya gets past this round, she plays Nadia in the quarters.

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:15 PM
If Nastya gets past this round, she plays Nadia in the quarters.

"If" is not even an option ;)

Emptiness
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM
She better win.
Or else shes going to get a spanking from me.. and not one shes going to like! :(

cool_olga
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Actually I think Nastya can do very well here. I saw Vera match today and the ball bounces much differently that last hardcourt tournies.
In Philly surface is much faster with balls bit sliding without high bounce. And Nastya is veeery good at these (see Leipzig) so I think if she doesn't 'help' Vera to be in YEC she will be at least in the final if she is good mood of course but I guess she is after Moscow.

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Yes Ola, especially with that draw she should make it to the final. I mean compared to the other seedsī QFs, hers is a joke. It is really good to see that Nastya can have an easy draw for a change;)

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:18 PM
So, according to N-Fanīs unknown source and some other persons who called Philly, Nastya won 6-4 7-6 (0)...I still think that this scoreline is funny!!!

Anyway she won, so who cares?

Did you call too N-Fan?

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Noo, we are too poor here to call so far:lol: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
it was first here http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=tennis-w/news/BBN3582366.htm

definitelly, not the score I hoped, but maybe it's better, the only time she won convincingly in 1st round she lost next. And usualy she starts with 3 setters, so let's hope the score isn' significant

oops she won convincingly at Olympics too but the memories aren't pleasant either

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Negfan, donīt you have those numbers for making internationl calls? Here in Germany itīs often cheaper to call china/US than calling my neighbour. Itīs 1 cent/minute...maybe I will use this option and call Philly myself.

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
You mean calling through Internet? We have but it isn't so cheap. My mother uses them sometimes to call my sister in England but it's about 20 cents/min. I haven't used them, I comunicate with her with the messenger, rarely by GSM

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:46 PM
You mean calling through Internet? We have but it isn't so cheap. My mother uses them sometimes to call my sister in England but it's about 20 cents/min. I haven't used them, I comunicate with her with the messenger, rarely by GSM

No no, just an ordinary number you have to dial before you actually dial the number of the person you wanna calling. Here in Germany we have a lot of different providers. Depending on where you want to call and at which time of the day, you chose a certain number and then you will just have to pay 1 cent/min. Itīs really cool. I remember my mother calling my grandmother in Hong Kong just once in a month when I was younger, but now itīs like "Oh, Iīve got nothing to do, I will call my home"...

BTW as I mentioned in the Live thread, I have the strong feeling that either Nastya will play the first match of the day or the very last one due to the constellation of the QFs...Venus vs. Momo has got be a night-match...good chances for live coverage on Eurosport tomorrow!!!

deckham
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:04 PM
hey all (ola, nastyafan, spunky, fragrance, cat, gl, etcl....!! long time no hear..... i've been away for awhile... missed keeping up with everything in here. Glad to see nastya back to playing tennis and she won her first match in philly in 2... so woohoo!!!

i just read about the lena d/nastya lesbian thing... hahaha..... funny. sure they are... :rolleyes:

i refuse to think both those beautiful women are lesbians.... that would just be too unfair to males everywhere..... ;) just kidding

anyways... i'll be back here more often to chat and keep up with things... hope everyone's doing well... :drink:

nastya's in philly,
what a wonderful sight.
back from her sickness
and ready to fight.

our nastya's really on a roll now
in philly she won't be beat
then comes the championships
her opponents will learn defeat.

wooohooo!!! go nastya!!! :drink: :wavey: :drink:

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Yes, I think it's the same. You dial an ordinary number of an internet provider and then use intenet channels. We have it, the prices are 2-4 times cheaper than direct calling but no close to 1 cent/min. Funny, we have one of the lowest average income in Europe but we pay much higher prices especially for some servises.

Don't hope momo being night match, momosport won't miss her

Nastyafan
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Glad to see you back decky:wavey: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
but please tell me you haven't voted for bush and haven't celebrated :drink: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)that tragic for the world event till nowhttp://img18.exs.cx/img18/1734/smilie-negative.gif

Spunky83
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:39 PM
http://www.eurosport.es/home/pages/v4/l0/s57/playermultimedia_lng0_rub9_spo57_ven18247.shtml

Ha! The english version of the "Oh wow...strong horses!". Itīs fun to see her getting so excited about horses;)

Almalyk
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Hey guys! I have been hiding since before the Fench Open!

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for posting all the interesting news and photos here (especially Olga's site) - I always look.

I think we should be very proud of Anastasia - she has come a long way. For instance in 2002 she moved towards the top ten, 2003 she won her first tier 1 title, and 2004 she has won a grand slam!

I think she has a lot of potential still lto fill though, and I am looking forward to the YEC. I will hopefully be in Melbourne to watch the Aussie Open and follow the tennis and especially the Russians!

See ya! :bounce:

Daniel
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Good luck vs Nadia!!!!! :kiss: :worship: :banana: :bounce: :hug: :bigclap:

Almalyk
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I agree! Take out Nadia!! We know you perform best against your fellow Russians!!

Daniel
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Hello Almalyk :wavey: nice to see you here :hug: u r right she really has improved in the last couple of years, :D

Go Nastya :!!!!! :yeah:

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Isnīt it great that Nastya also has to play the very last match of the day?

I hope they wonīt let her play the late semifinal then, if she passes this round...but well, if Vera makes the sf (which I doubt), itīs quite even;)

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:56 AM
BTW: Wtatour.com

"It was a pretty good match for me," Myskina said. "She was playing really well. I didn't expect so much from her since she's been out with injuries."

Ok, so maybe her opponent was just great and amazing, I donīt know...at least she had to raise her level already in her first match, the going gets tough now!!! All the seeds play the QFs, very cool!

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Yea, Nastya on Momosport:yeah: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#) (and the sensation - Momo isn't:eek: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#))
another Russian obstacle ahead of Nastya but she knows how to jump over it. Just hope Nadya won't have an incredible serve today.
I can't believe Rossana has been so good but as Nastya said she hasn't expected so much from her and probably she has underrated her opponent. I hope that won't happen today.

Welcome almalyk:wavey: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#) Nice to see new old Nastya's fans here:) (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Almalyk
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Hey Daniel and Nastyafan! I'm happy to be back here and i'll be around to support Nastya!!

Does anyone remember Nastya vs Nadia in Philly last year? It was quite an epic battle! Lets hope for a good match this time also, but one that Nastya comes out the winner! I really hope she can pass Amelie and get to number two by the end of YEC - that is the best scenario - number 1 will have to wait until 2005 - and I hope she can achieve this also.

BTW - Are any of the fans in Anastasia's forum good at tennis? I love playing, and my backhand is good, but my forehand very bad. I'm going to bed - I'll be back tommorow/ :wavey:

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I never understand how fans want exciting matches from their favs. They are no exciting, only painful to me, except when I already know the score. I said that once, the perfect scenario to me is 24 aces for Nastya and 24 DF for her opponent:angel: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#). Unfortunately Nastya makes 24 aces for a year:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

No, I'm very bad at tennis, I tried several times but I quickly realized it isn't my vocation. Maybe because I missed 20 years before my first attempt:lol: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

JC Federer
Nov 5th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Yikes... Andy Roddick is approaching 1000 aces for the year. He has broken the service speed record about 4 times already this year.

Vass22
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I never understand how fans want exciting matches from their favs. They are no exciting, only painful to me, except when I already know the score. I said that once, the perfect scenario to me is 24 aces for Nastya and 24 DF for her opponent:angel: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#). Unfortunately Nastya makes 24 aces for a year:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

No, I'm very bad at tennis, I tried several times but I quickly realized it isn't my vocation. Maybe because I missed 20 years before my first attempt:lol: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

I can understand you, but there are also people who want a big whack on their head (psychologically speaking). My favourite match is a five-setter with a long super-tiebreak. I wouldn't deny that I'l swear at my fave for playing like that, swear at his/her oppoenent for playing so strongly, but if my fave wins.... I'll say: "F@ck that was great!" I'm also one of theose people who don't want their fave winning by all means. I don't like too may unforced errors by the opponent. It's always more sattisfying to see your fave win a beautiful match...

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:31 PM
I can understand you, but there are also people who want a big whack on their head (psychologically speaking). My favourite match is a five-setter with a long super-tiebreak. I wouldn't deny that I'l swear at my fave for playing like that, swear at his/her oppoenent for playing so strongly, but if my fave wins.... I'll say: "F@ck that was great!" I'm also one of theose people who don't want their fave winning by all means. I don't like too may unforced errors by the opponent. It's always more sattisfying to see your fave win a beautiful match...I like thrilling matches but only when I'm unbiased, mainly when I like both players almost equally (or when I hate them equally with the hope the winner to be too tired for her next match like Momo-Venus today). But when Nastya plays a thriller I almost have no strenght and emotion to be happy at the end even if she wins. In Moscow I left after the first set of her first 2 matches and didn't watch the match with Davenport.(of course I taped them and watched only when knew the results). I was able to watch only the final because Lena is my second fav and Iwould have accepted easier an eventual loss. And I want the win at any cost, I don't believe there are beautiful and useful loses and ugly wins. The ugliest win is far better than the most beautiful loss

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Does anyone remember Nastya vs Nadia in Philly last year? It was quite an epic battle! Lets hope for a good match this time also, but one that Nastya comes out the winner! I really hope she can pass Amelie and get to number two by the end of YEC - that is the best scenario - number 1 will have to wait until 2005 - and I hope she can achieve this also.

BTW - Are any of the fans in Anastasia's forum good at tennis? I love playing, and my backhand is good, but my forehand very bad. I'm going to bed - I'll be back tommorow/ :wavey:

:eek: OMG...I just remember it, that match was awful, but pretty amazingly cool, what a battle. One of the few matches which made Nastya cry...the Eurosport commentator actually felt so sorry for her, it was a weird match.
I can see N-Fan already freaking out, I know how much you love seeing Nastya winning 6-1 6-0 boring matches ;)

I play tennis occasionaly since I am 7, but I really suck at it. I can serve faster than Elena D (even Aces!!!), my forehand and volley-game are really shaky, my double handed backhand is ok, but mostly I am playing slice on my BH. Iīd love to play a one-handed backhand, but it just doesnīt work.

I am better at playing Badminton, itīs what I love the most :hearts: , not only in sports.

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Yikes... Andy Roddick is approaching 1000 aces for the year. He has broken the service speed record about 4 times already this year.

If Roger doesnīt exist, Andy would be the king of the world!!!

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Nastya lost the first set, 3-6, 4-4.

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2004, 05:41 PM
3-6, 6-4, 2-1. A good YEC prep.

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Nastya down 2-3. Another all Russian battle.

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Damn!!!

"How to convert a breakpoint"...on sale for just $17.89, buy it now!

Next station: L.A.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Nastya :sad: :( :( there goes yr end #1 :(

now she got to make up for it next week in LA
good luck Nastya :) :hug:

#2 is still within grasp.

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:33 PM
NOOOO NASTYAAAAAA :bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
So you had a thriller, maybe some of you are satisfied:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
Nastya, why can't you keep your focus constantly. Why do you play brilliantly only BP down. Sometimes it was too late like in the 1st game in the final set. You were dictating most of the points but were finishing more often with silly errors than with brilliant winners. And that netcord in the last game at 30-0, I thought God is with you but unfortunately he wasn't in your favour at the next 2 netcords:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
Or maybe she still isn't fit after the illness - she was coughing several times.
Now even the theoretical chance for finishing as #1 gone. Nastya, please focus for the next week. Don't turn me into negfan again please!:bowdown: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:39 PM
So you had a thriller, maybe some of you are satisfied...
Don't turn me into negfan again please

:lol: ...Iīve gotta say that this is an "ok-loss". It wasnīt really that important, sheīs in the YEC, she didnīt really need those points and furthermore she can be happy about Veraīs participation in the YEC (Come on Momo!!!). Itīs ok...

OMG...I was feeling so sorry for Herr Gerlach :lol:. There was this one scene when Nastya hit the netcord and she lost the point and she turns around and totally yells at him. This is nothing new, but the eurosport commentator cracked me up:"Yeah, as always her coach has to suffer...cause he was the one who manipulated the net." :lol:

Donīt kill me Ne- :tape:- N-fan for being so ok with this loss... ;)

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:11 PM
How can you always find something funny in the disaster Spunky? There are no unimportant loses, even if your team leads 3-0 in FC a loss will at least affect your confidence. And Nastya lost to Russian again, she isn't already so confident and convincing against her compatriots, this loss can cost her #1 Russian spot and that may affect her badly again, that loss may cost her #3 in the world spot and the opportunuty to attack #1 in the begining of the next year. I hate alredy these Russian matches, they are always tight, if Vera wasn't my 3rd fav I would prefer Venus or Cap in LA although I hate them. The only acceptable loss here to me would have been against Vera at that because I would have thought it would have been deliberate if Vera would have needed it.
And that loss is significant that Nastya can't be consistent everywhere and always. She can play her best and beat everyone at cerain places she loves, but can lose to everyone elsewhere. I'm sure she is more talented than Momo but she has no consistency and it will be very difficult to reach #1 playing that way.

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:52 PM
How can you always find something funny in the disaster Spunky? There are no unimportant loses, even if your team leads 3-0 in FC a loss will at least affect your confidence. And Nastya lost to Russian again, she isn't already so confident and convincing against her compatriots, this loss can cost her #1 Russian spot and that may affect her badly again, that loss may cost her #3 in the world spot and the opportunuty to attack #1 in the begining of the next year. I hate alredy these Russian matches, they are always tight, if Vera wasn't my 3rd fav I would prefer Venus or Cap in LA although I hate them. The only acceptable loss here to me would have been against Vera at that because I would have thought it would have been deliberate if Vera would have needed it.
And that loss is significant that Nastya can't be consistent everywhere and always. She can play her best and beat everyone at cerain places she loves, but can lose to everyone elsewhere. I'm sure she is more talented than Momo but she has no consistency and it will be very difficult to reach #1 playing that way.

I know itīs not funny...but donīt tell me that this loss is one of the bad ones...we all know what a bad loss is :angel:

miffedmax
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I know itīs not funny...but donīt tell me that this loss is one of the bad ones...we all know what a bad loss is :angel:

Yes. Bad losses are what Dementieva has.

Max

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Yes. Bad losses are what Dementieva has.

Max

Oh, I didnīt really mean that...but yeah, Elena Da D certainly knows it as well ;)

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I know itīs not funny...but donīt tell me that this loss is one of the bad ones...we all know what a bad loss is :angel:EVERY loss is at least bad. The loses are bad, worse, worst.
bad - loses against players about your ranking in smal tournaments
worse- against playes considerably lower than you in smal tournaments and against everyone in big tourneys
worst - well, we know it
so this loss is between bad and worse and considering that Nastya had a quite easy draw and an opportunity to win the whole thing I would consider closer to worse

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:51 PM
I think I will return to my Moscow tactic for LA- taping Nastya's matches and watching only if I know she has won. I just can't endure this It isn't pleasure it's torture watching her live to me.:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
Too bad they are late into the night, probably I will have to go to nightclubs or try to sleep....but could I sleep calmly knowing that Nastya is playing?:unsure: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Crazy_Fool
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I wasn't liking this match much :fiery: How many chances did she want, still i'd rather she lose early here than in LA. Players are tired this time of the season, i don't read too much into it, and i'm not that bothered, she's had much worse loses this year.

Go Nastya in LA :bounce:

Almalyk
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:58 PM
I didn't see the match as we have no coverage here in New Zealand - at least. Not good, but at least she can rest before YEC.

Go Bepa!

Nastyafan
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:20 AM
If that loss is phe price of the triumph in LA I would be happy too. But I doubt the rest will help her much. Nastya shouldn't be tired, she hasn't played so much lately. Vera should be tired but what a match she played! I really beliebed after Moscow she is over her Olympic crisis, she is back at her best but yesterday's strugle and today's loss disturbed me again. I kow maybe the illness affected her play but if she wasn't 100% healthy why did she need to play here? And will she be better next week? I really belived she will have a great end of the year, now I don't know what to expecthttp://www.wtaworld.com/images/smilies/erm.gif (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Nastyafan
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:25 AM
more bad news:
(4) Huber/Morariu (RSA/USA) d. (2) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) w/o (Myskina: right shoulder strain)
i hope it's just an excuse, but why?
does she intend to return to moscow for 2-3 days?

Stephieva
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Maybe Ana wants to go to LA early and be ready for YEC...
Vera wouldn't mind cos' now she is in also..:aparty:

Ana should be fine :) :yeah:

Daniel
Nov 6th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Nastya :sad:

tough loss, well even #2 ranking is getting away from her hands, Momo still in tournamet and increasding gap with Nastya,

anyways, i am sure she will bounce back in LA

Anastasia :hug: :kiss:

Daniel
Nov 6th, 2004, 07:31 AM
yep like when she lost to Juju in Athens :sad:

agains Nadia is an ok loss , i am upset but not that much because Nadia also needed those points .

Wish Nastya good recovery and get ready to win YEC :bounce: :bounce:

Spunky83
Nov 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM
more bad news:
(4) Huber/Morariu (RSA/USA) d. (2) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) w/o (Myskina: right shoulder strain)
i hope it's just an excuse, but why?
does she intend to return to moscow for 2-3 days?

:eek: I donīt want to be mean, but she shouldnīt treat doubles matches as if they werenīt important, sheīs in so she should play. How often did she pull out of doubles after she lost the same day?!? I think itīs like the fourth time this year. You canīt tell me it is because of a "right shoulder strain".

To be honest, I really wouldnīt like to play doubles with her... :confused:

Vera is in...la la la la la... :D ...the russian force is complete!!!

JC Federer
Nov 6th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Juju was too good. She's a real fighter to come back from 5-1 down. That match should have been the gold medal match.

Spunky83
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Juju was too good. She's a real fighter to come back from 5-1 down. That match should have been the gold medal match.

Ok, I am sorry for bringing it up. I just wanted to say that this loss wonīt have such bad consequences as the others.

I am soo looking forward to the YEC, should be good and whatīs even better: The more russians, the better for Nastyaīs "thereīs a good competition between us"-thinking. Come one!!! :bounce:

Spunky83
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:21 PM

How did you "earn" all those red dots? Fabulous!!! :lol:

Nastyafan
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:21 PM
:eek: I donīt want to be mean, but she shouldnīt treat doubles matches as if they werenīt important, sheīs in so she should play. How often did she pull out of doubles after she lost the same day?!? I think itīs like the fourth time this year. You canīt tell me it is because of a "right shoulder strain".

To be honest, I really wouldnīt like to play doubles with her... :confused:

Vera is in...la la la la la... :D ...the russian force is complete!!!
I think that just shows how badly Nastya accepts every loss, she is in no mood for playing and probably for nothing. So don't tell me this isn't a bad loss, if it affects Nastya it's.
Still maybe Vera hasn't wanted to play a late evening match considering her great chance in this tourney (although it's most unlikely)

Nastyafan
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Ok, I am sorry for bringing it up. I just wanted to say that this loss wonīt have such bad consequences as the others.

I am soo looking forward to the YEC, should be good and whatīs even better: The more russians, the better for Nastyaīs "thereīs a good competition between us"-thinking. Come one!!! :bounce:
I said already I don't think more russians are better for Nastya any more. They always play their best and Nastya is too nervous against them. I hope only Masha will be in her group

...or maybe I shouldn't say even this, I prefered Nadya for her QF opponent and we saw what happened

Nastyafan
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:34 PM
And stop bringing that match time and time again
now the chances that I will forgive Justine look slim again

JC Federer
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:00 PM
How did you "earn" all those red dots? Fabulous!!! :lol:

I have no idea how I got it... is it good or bad? Anyone know? Why me? What did I do? :confused:

Nastyafan
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Check in your user CP how have you earned them:lol:

Spunky83
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I said already I don't think more russians are better for Nastya any more. They always play their best and Nastya is too nervous against them. I hope only Masha will be in her group

...or maybe I shouldn't say even this, I prefered Nadya for her QF opponent and we saw what happened

omg...nfan, I canīt possibly imagine how nervous you will be the whole next week. So many close and intense and frightening up-and-down matches. Are you going to watch live at all?

The heart to compete, thatīs what sports stand for...Iīve gotta say, that I love playing close and intense matches. Ok, I donīt do it for a living, but still.

Spunky83
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I have no idea how I got it... is it good or bad? Anyone know? Why me? What did I do? :confused:

:lol: Oh, you donīt know!

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM
more bad news:

Get well soon Anastasia!
I hope she's healthy for L.A.
The YEC needs Nastya.

Nastyafan
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:37 PM
omg...nfan, I canīt possibly imagine how nervous you will be the whole next week. So many close and intense and frightening up-and-down matches. Are you going to watch live at all?

The heart to compete, thatīs what sports stand for...Iīve gotta say, that I love playing close and intense matches. Ok, I donīt do it for a living, but still.
I alredy said, I will watch all matche except Davenport-Momo-Serena and Nastya's.
The first group because I can't be excited from players I dont like no mather how trilling is their match- unfortunately there is no possibility they both to lose.
Second group - because I get tooooooooo excited when Nastya plays - that's dangerous for my heart. And maybe a bit fatalism - as I said in Moscow when I was watching she was losing, when wasn't - she won, yesterday I watched and she lost. I know it's stupid, I'm not religious at all, but still...
Looking at the participats the only match I would watch calmly and with pleasure is Vera-Masha - I like them almost equally (a bit more Vera) and don't care who will win
I know the sport is about the competition but I'm a bad loser I hate to lose and Nastya's loses I accept even harder than mine own.

Spunky83
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I know the sport is about the competition but I'm a bad loser I hate to lose and Nastya's loses I accept even harder than mine own.

Really? Wow...just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? Tell me more about your interesting, emotional and complex character. You might send me a private message. I just want to now with whom I am talking to most of the time here on this board.

Daniel
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Hope Nastya hest better and the injury goes away

Nastya :hug: :kiss:

Emptiness
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:28 PM
because I get tooooooooo excited when Nastya playshttp://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-xd.gif

You're crazy Negfan. Your blood pressure must be as high as Vera's cause we all know Anastasia never makes things easy. :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:33 PM
What Anastasia has done this year is tremendous.
She became the first Russian to win a major.
She defended her KC title, and is still the only Russian to win a Tier I.
She is currently world #3, and she was #2 for a while.

This is great, great stuff. Anastasia is a huge success.

Emptiness
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Yup Glox. Shes surpased all expectations everything else is just gravy.
Atleast for me.

How did you "earn" all those red dots? Fabulous!!! :lol:Result of his wonderful personality no doubt. :)
By the way.. you said Anastasia was wearing another new outfit. What did it look like? Was it even less material than before? If it was purple or green i have to see it. :tape::lol::D

Spunky83
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Yup Glox. Shes surpased all expectations everything else is just gravy.
Atleast for me.

Result of his wonderful personality no doubt. :)
By the way.. you said Anastasia was wearing another new outfit. What did it look like? Was it even less material than before? If it was purple or green i have to see it. :tape::lol::D

http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/NWWCMTK-WH.JPG

Description (Tenniswarehouse):
Back by popular demand, this cool motion tank is a marriage between style and functionality. Stretch woven tank sports a deep v-neck with venting mesh at side heat zones, and center chest embroidered Swoosh design trademark. Built-in shelf bra.

So itīs not really new, but a bit different from a former version, I like the back though. Masha wore it as well (with a skirt of course, not with shorts).

Nastyafan
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:27 PM
http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-xd.gif

You're crazy Negfan. Your blood pressure must be as high as Vera's cause we all know Anastasia never makes things easy. :rolleyes:I haven't noticed problems with my blood pressure but it has never crossed my mind to measure it durrind her matches.
But I'm sure many thousands nerve cells die durring every her match.
Please Nastya play less and always win, win, win....:bowdown:

Spunky83
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I haven't noticed problems with my blood pressure but it has never crossed my mind to measure it durrind her matches.
But I'm sure many thousands nerve cells die durring every her match.
Please Nastya play less and always win, win, win....:bowdown:

You know the interesting thing about Justineīs inoffical "letīs bash Justine"-biography is, that apparently sheīs guilty for the heart attack of her uncle/grandfather (?). Yep, watching tennis can kill you. Take care NegFan!

But īve gotta admit that sometimes during matches of my faves my pulse is as high as the the moments before I write exams at university, isnīt this weird?

Spunky83
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Reuters
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=tennisNews&storyID=6735688&section=news

Penpix of WTA Championships contenders
Sun 7 November, 2004 11:17

LONDON, Nov 7 (Reuters) - Penpix of the contenders in the season-ending WTA Championships, which start on Monday in Los Angeles:

Lindsay Davenport (United States)

Age 28

Lives: Laguna Beach, California

Plays: Right-handed (double-handed backhand)

Grand slam titles: Three (U.S. Open 1998, Wimbledon 1999, Australian 2000)

Record at WTA championships: 2003-DNP, 2002-first round, 2001-runner-up, 2000-first round, 1999-champion, 1998-runner-up, 1997-first round, 1996-quarter-finals, 1995-first round, 1994-runner-up

Davenport will harbour genuine hopes of a repeat of her 1999 triumph to cap a year in which her astounding form has elevated her back to the top of the rankings and derailed her retirement plans.

The popular Californian rediscovered her best form after Wimbledon to chalk up a 22-match winning streak and four titles during the U.S. hardcourt season.

One of the veterans on the tour, but her groundstrokes pack as much punch as ever.

- - - -

Amelie Mauresmo (France)

Age 25

Lives: Geneva, Switzerland

Plays: Right-handed

Grand slam titles: None

Record at WTA Championships: 2003-runner-up, 2002-DNP, 2001-first round, 2000-DNP, 1999-firs round

One of the game's great enigmas. Blessed with talent and huge power, Mauresmo looked set to win a host of grand slam titles when she reached the final of the Australian Open in 1999, losing to Martina Hingis.

Admits to being affected by pressure, particularly in the French Open, where she has still to progress beyond the quarter-finals.

However she is enjoying one of her best years on tour, winning four titles and briefly moving to the top of the world rankings before being dethroned by Davenport.

Will hope to go one better on her runner-up performance last year.

- - - -

Anastasia Myskina (Russia)

Age 23

Lives: Moscow

Grand slam titles: One (French Open 2004)

Record at WTA Championships: 2003-round robin, 2002-first round

Leads the long list of Russian players dominating the top 50 on the tour. Myskina's sublime game and temperamental nature have made her one of the most watchable players on tour.

Initially struggled at the big events until 2003, when she reached the last eight in Australia and New York.

Her big moment came at Roland Garros earlier this year when she beat Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati on her way to the final, where she defeated compatriot Elena Dementieva to become the first Russian woman to win a grand slam title.

Recovered from a rib injury to reach the semi-finals of the Olympics where she lost a thriller to Justine Henin-Hardenne.

- - - -

Elena Dementieva (Russia)

Age 23

Grand slam titles: None

Record at WTA Championships: 2003-round robin, 2002-first round, 2001-first round, 2000-semi-finals.

Shot to prominence when she stormed to the semi-finals of the U.S. Open in 2000 at the age of 18, losing to Davenport.

Won the silver medal at the Sydney Olympics but despite finishing in the top 20 in 2001 and 2002, it was not until 2003 that she won her first singles title, at Amelia Island.

Reached her first grand slam final at the French Open earlier this year, but suffered with nerves in a miserable 6-1 6-2 defeat to compatriot Myskina. Also fell at the final hurdle at the U.S. Open to another compatriot, Svetlana Kuznetsova.

Her Achilles heel is still a suspect serve that has a tendency to collapse under pressure.

- - - -

Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia)

Age 17

Lives: St Petersburg, Russia

Grand-slam titles: One (U.S. Open 2004)

Kuznetsova's victory at the U.S. Open crowned a breakthrough year for the Russian women as she became the third consecutive player from her country to win a grand slam singles title in 2004.

Making her debut at the season-ending championships, Kuznetsova will have to rely on her nerves of steel if she is to topple her more celebrated rivals.

- - - -

Maria Sharapova (Russia)

Age 17

Lives: Bradenton, Florida

Plays: Right-handed

Grand-slam titles: One (Wimbledon 2004)

The new queen of women's tennis will be making her debut at the season-ending event. Tall, slender and elegant, Sharapova mixes a modelling contract with thundering groundstrokes, a punishing serve and a desire born out of a tough childhood in industrial Siberia.

Moved to the United States with her father as a seven-year-old where she was nurtured by Nick Bollettieri.

Turned professional on her 14th birthday and rose 152 places in the rankings in 2003, winning two titles.

The fairytale story continued this year when she romped through the draw at Wimbledon before beating defending champion Serena Williams in the final.

- - - -

Serena Williams (United States)

Age 23

Lives: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Grand-slam titles: Six (U.S. Open 1999, 2002, French Open 2002, Wimbledon 2002, 2003, Australian Open 2003)

Record at WTA Championships: 2003-DNP, 2002-runner-up, 2001-champion, 2000-DNP, 1999-DNP

Blessed with incredible physical attributes, Serena dominated the women's game to win four consecutive grand slams from the 2002 French Open.

At her best she looks unbeatable, crunching down unplayable serves and blasting winners from both wings. But since winning Wimbledon in 2003 she has been hit by knee injuries.

Returned to the tour in March after surgery to her left knee to win the Miami title but has looked well below her dominant best since and was outplayed by Sharapova in the Wimbledon final. She has also recently been sidelined with illness.

- - - -

Vera Zvonareva (Russia)

Grand-slam titles: None

Record at WTA Championships: Has not participated previously

Zvonareva has won two career titles, Memphis this year and Bol in 2003.

Came to prominence in 2003 when she beat Venus Williams in three sets in the third round of the French Open.

Reached the final of the Advanta Championships in Philadelphia on Sunday.

Well, isnīt it nice? "most watchable" :kiss: ? LOL...I can still remember how many posters always said that her game was as boring as hell :devil:

Emptiness
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:36 AM
GM = http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-blahblah.gif
But I'm here so i obviously like watching her. :)

http://img124.exs.cx/img124/3330/advanta-championships-04-05.jpg
The outfit is okay. The huge ass gold(?) necklace is not.

Does anyone want an Article and interview thread in Anastasia's forum? Be easier to find them when were old and senile.

Mein gott. Why is the site so slow? I have patience but not when its takes 15 minutes to load a page.
http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-computerhit.gif

Daniel
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Loogin very nice :)

I am sure Nastya wil give her best at the YEC and she will win it :D

Go Nastya !!! :kiss: :hug: :D

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Someone posted this in the YEC forum:

Red Group: Davenport, Myskina, Dementieva, Williams
Black Group: Mauresmo, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva

OMG!!! If this is true, Iīm gonna kill myself (and Elena might as well...)

Have fun Nastya...fighting against the Americans;)

Found the source: L.A. Times. Hope they are seriously wrong about this!!!

Nastyafan
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:27 AM
OMG How have they determined the groups? 1-3-5-7:eek: :fiery:
I said I don't want 3 Russians in her group, but I wanted Masha or Sveta, not Alyona again.
How will my 2 beloved Russians cope with these big American ...
Well, this year Nastya won when her draw looked extremely tough, and when it was comparatively easy she lost early. Maybe that motivates her better... just trying to be positive...
Please Nastya/Alyona, kick these big asses.:kiss:

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:29 AM
You know whatīs great though N-Fan?

Nastya has a good chance (and I mean it) to kick Serenaīs butt!!! Haha!!! Yeahhh!!!

btw N-Fan: This is what work looks like for me...love the high speed internet access;)

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:32 AM
The outfit is okay. The huge ass gold(?) necklace is not.

Does anyone want an Article and interview thread in Anastasia's forum? Be easier to find them when were old and senile.

Doesnīt she have this necklace since like forever? Am I wrong about this?

Yeah, an article/interview thread is a nice idea...I have tons of it.

Nastyafan
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:18 AM
You know whatīs great though N-Fan?

Nastya has a good chance (and I mean it) to kick Serenaīs butt!!! Haha!!! Yeahhh!!!

btw N-Fan: This is what work looks like for me...love the high speed internet access;)I would prefer Davenport's ass. Thera are much more points there and it would be very nice after Davenport said she had a temptation to beat Nastya in front of her fans, if Nastya does it in front of hers.
But better both of course.

Yea, the article/interview thread is a good idea. Still better 2 threads.
And I like her necklace:kiss:

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:20 AM
I would prefer Davenport's ass. Thera are much more points there and it would be very nice after Davenport said she had a temptation to beat Nastya in front of her fans, if Nastya does it in front of hers.
But better both of course.

Yea, the article/interview thread is a good idea. Still better 2 threads.

Though Davenport is from the sunshine state she doesnīt have that lot of fans;)

Nastyafan
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Though Davenport is from the sunshine state she doesnīt have that lot of fans;)
Hmmm, I doubt, in LA this summer alot of people applauded Alyona's DFs and linesmen were obviously biased. They maybe are not her personal fans but probably it's America-Russia for them

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Hmmm, I doubt, in LA this summer alot of people applauded Alyona's DFs and linesmen were obviously biased. They maybe are not her personal fans but probably it's America-Russia for them

Well, the russians are strong, they donīt care if some stupid americans (some not all) applaude on DFs and unforced errors...well Vera is quite vulnerable (as seen yesterday), but overall...I mean the crowd is always kinda biased. I remember Nastya playing Likhovtseva in the semis of Montreal, the crowd cheered on Elenaīs first serve fault at the end of the third set. Normally you always cheer for the underdog, but it also showed that they seem to like Nastya a bit...ok, itīs canada...thatīs just the way it is when you play against a home-fave. Lindz also got some nice claps by the russian crowd;)

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Well, the russians are strong, they donīt care if some stupid americans (some not all) applaude on DFs and unforced errors...well Vera is quite vulnerable (as seen yesterdayI think that Bepa actually threw water over some hecklers in the crowd when she was playing WTT :cool:

Nastyafan
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I think that Bepa actually threw water over some hecklers in the crowd when she was playing WTT :cool:
Vera is so funny :lol: (when she doesn't cry too hard:crying2: )
Nastya would throw a bottle only on Jens

Daniel
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Thisis the most tough group, I am sure Nasstya will get into semis but must beat at least 2 of the 3 players, i think the easy one is Elena , then Davenport but to beat Serena she will have to bring her best game

Good luck Anastasia!!! :kiss: :hug:

Daniel
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:59 PM
regarding Nastya's rankking, got it form GM

The Rankings

The Championships is both big and small. Big, in that it features more points than any event except the Slams. Small, in that the field is smallest on the Tour. Ordinarily, it should affect only the Top Ten or so. This year, given the uncertainties about the field, it's likely to affect players a spot or two below that.

Of course, the subject of the most interest is the #1 ranking. And that is in play, though anyone who bets against Lindsay Davenport had better be able to spare the cash he wagers. Going into Philadelphia, we thought there might be three players contending for #1 this week. There won't. Anastasia Myskina lost early enough that she has no chance. Indeed, her chances of ending the year at #2 are almost gone. But Amelie Mauresmo is only 351 points behind Lindsay Davenport, and she has only 16 tournaments, meaning that every point she earns counts. (Of course, Davenport gets to count every point too.) Theoretically, if Davenport does very badly, Mauresmo could overtake her with a semifinal. That's not likely in practice, but a final could put her over the top. And a title makes it even more likely, though she would probably have to face someone other than Davenport in the final. And Mauresmo has played seven matches, some of them quite long, in the past two weeks....

Below #2, it gets very interesting indeed. #3 Myskina, #4 Dementieva, and #5 Kuznetsova are fairly close together -- close enough that, given the big points this event awards, it's close to a tie. Whoever lasts longest will be #3 -- or, just possibly, #2, if she can win the events.

goldenlox
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:26 PM
What Anastasia has done this year is tremendous.
She became the first Russian to win a major.
She defended her KC title, and is still the only Russian to win a Tier I.
She is currently world #3, and she was #2 for a while.

This is great, great stuff. Anastasia is a huge success.
This is a tough group. But Anastasia can beat all of them.
Bring it on.

goldenlox
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:10 PM
http://img124.exs.cx/img124/3330/advanta-championships-04-05.jpg

Simple yet elegant. Udachi Nastya!

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I think that Bepa actually threw water over some hecklers in the crowd when she was playing WTT :cool:

:lol: ...love that girl, but she really should try to just ignore those idiots. The crowd was so much against her yesterday and chearing for Momo, it was ridiculous, but still as a pro you have to cope with the surroundings and it wasnīt like Vera being the innocent person: She shouted at the crowd behind her a few times (esp. in the semifinal) and complained to the umpire about them...

speaking of complaining and stuff: Who of you guys can tell me when Nastya actually received her last warning from the ump for raquet abuse/ball abuse/coach abuse ( :lol: this is a joke of course)? I think she didnīt even received one at the wonderful "Fuck you Jens, u are the fucking reason why I canīt hit the fucking ball!"-match against Chanda at the AusOpen, a match where she also accidently hit herself with her raquet. Do you guys remember how she went up to the female umpire after the match to made up for all the outbursts? That was indeed soo damn charming, I can remember the eurosport commentator saying:"Oh, look, now sheīs flirting with the umpire...thatīs one way to avoid warnings." :lol:

I kinda think that the umps just now that all those outbursts are part of Nastyaīs nature, so they just donīt give her a warning.

So back to my question...last time warning? Anyone? Iīll give the person a :kiss: in advance ;)

Nastyafan
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I really don't understand why the crowd was pro-Momo. Usually the unbiased crowd goes for the underdog. And Vera is so cute, adorable, Momo is so rough, muscular, her pumpings are so masculine. I guess the Americans don't like tears, they like power, manliness. No chance for Nastya to be liked there. I think the crowd will be anti-Nastya in all her 3 (hopefully 5) matches:fiery:

If I'm not wrong Nastya was warned in her match vs. Likhovtseva in Montreal after one netcord. But unofficially, I don't know if she has been ever penalized with a penalty point.

Emptiness
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Hey Glox ...Fragrance posted that pic. F R A G R A N C E :p:lol:;)

Negfan they treated Davenport the same way in Moscow. Now its Anastasia's turn that just the way things are. Vamos Anastasia. Surprise the hell out of me and win the whole damn thing.

Do you guys remember how she went up to the female umpire after the match to made up for all the outbursts?Awww thats the reason I like Anastasia. After bitching and cursing she goes and apologizes. But Spunky [Unky? Sky? Yee? Yah? You're hard to make up nicknames for hah.] i never knew she screamed a monologue i thought it was a simple Fuck you later! ;)

I want The Tennis Channel or Eurosport or fuck even ESPN. Fucking hell this is one of the most prestigious tournament and we get no fucking coverage. I love my country but fuck get some fucking tennis and stop showing fucking table tennis, poker and darts. I'm going to start mailing mail bombs. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-angry.gif

Spunky83
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Whereīs Decky by the way? I miss his lovely poems...;)

Nastyafan
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Hey Glox ...Fragrance posted that pic. F R A G R A N C E :p:lol:;)

Negfan they treated Davenport the same way in Moscow. Now its Anastasia's turn that just the way things are. Vamos Anastasia. Surprise the hell out of me and win the whole damn thing.I know that's the way things are but there are some differences. In Moscow the linesmen are too hospitable, they usually call the questionabe balls in the guest's favour. The umpire corrected them in Nastya's favour a few times. And Nastya noted that in an interview a year ago. I doubt it will happen in LA, just remember the summer.:fiery:
And I read one russian forum sometimes and I was extrmelly surprised to see some Russian fans cheering for Davenport in Nastya's forum (I think because they were Sveta's fans and tried to convince the others that Sveta is the best Russian). That doesn't happen even here (except Lina) - an international forum ), much less in some pure American forum. So Davenport has had some support in the hall too I doubt Nastya wii receive the same.

Decky stop:drink: go to support Nastya!

Emptiness
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Does it really matter? Who cares who people support. Just because they're Russian doesn't mean they have to like and support all Russians. As Anastasia said "if they like me they support me, if they don't they don't". Its more admirable if Anastasia can rise above the crowd, the slightly bias linesmen and still put on a good performance.
What Russian forum was that?

Nastyafan
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:14 PM
It seems it matters. At least for Nastya. The fact she always does well at certain places where she is liked and rarely where she isn't especially in America proves it.
The forum is:
http://www.wtatour.ru/index.php?showforum=14
but they changed it not long ago, the older one was:
http://sharapova.fastbb.ru/?2-0

Almalyk
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Nastya plays Serena first! They haven't played in a couple of years - should be an interesting match. Nastya has been sick, and Serena hasn't played much but had a poor result in her last tournament. Hopefully Serena is a bit rusty at the start of the tournament, and Anastasia gets the benefit of that.

Anastasia doesn't play the second day, so she gets a rest!

Best of luck!

Princess Sarah.
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Go Myskina you can win:)

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:30 AM
She needs to play at her best to beat Serena, a win here could be so important mentally , because that would send a message to Elena and Lindsay that
Nastya wants the title

Good luck Anastasia, u can beat Serena, believe in yourself :kiss: :hug: :worship: your fans will support you :dance:

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Williams leads 3-0
Rnk/Seed
Year
Event
Surface
Rnd
Winner
Score
Rnk/Seed
619/--
1997MOSCOWCARPET (I)Q-R32S. WILLIAMS6-0 6-4448/--
30/--
2002ROMECLAY (O)QS. WILLIAMS6-3 6-44/4
12/6
2002LEIPZIGCARPET (I)FS. WILLIAMS6-3 6-21/1
http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/h2harc.jpg

Nastya plays much better these days and Serena is not laying that good so i really see Nastya beating Serena on wed :D

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:22 AM
From wtatour:

Myskina holds the honor as the Red Group's only Grand Slam winner with her triumph on the red clay at Roland Garros. The Russian has a 49-16 mark this year and, along with winning the French, has won titles at Doha and Moscow

on wed she can get her victory #50 of the year :D :clap2: :bounce:

Spunky83
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Nastya will kick her ass, no more "She didnīt beat me, I beat myself..."-crap from Miss Williams.

Come on!!! Waking up five in the morning on Thursday just to see her winning...thank God, I donīt have to work on that day;)

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:23 AM
i dotn care what that bitc says if Nastya beats her

Go Nastya :D :D

Spunky83
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Williams leads 3-0
Rnk/Seed
Year
Event
Surface
Rnd
Winner
Score
Rnk/Seed
619/--
1997MOSCOWCARPET (I)Q-R32S. WILLIAMS6-0 6-4448/--
30/--
2002ROMECLAY (O)QS. WILLIAMS6-3 6-44/4
12/6
2002LEIPZIGCARPET (I)FS. WILLIAMS6-3 6-21/1

Nastya plays much better these days and Serena is not laying that good so i really see Nastya beating Serena on wed :D

Yep, this is all pre-injury Serena, so I really think this could be good.

Emptiness
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:31 AM
If Anastasia wins... i might just go raid the water fountains for enough pennies to buy tapes of all her YEC matches.

Oh and i just want to test something.
VERA
Epigone should make his arrival any moment now. :rolls:

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:28 AM
If Anastasia wins... i might just go raid the water fountains for enough pennies to buy tapes of all her YEC matches.

Oh and i just want to test something.
VERA
Epigone should make his arrival any moment now. :rolls::wavey: Reporting for duty :lol:

I was travelling home from university, hence my late reply :o

Emptiness
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Haha. Always can count on you Epi.

The forum is:
http://www.wtatour.ru/index.php?showforum=14Oh damn i thought you knew of a different one. I know that one. Thanks though.

Really hope Anastasia can beat Serena but... i don't know. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-sad.gif

Nastyafan
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Well maybe it's the best possible start for Nastya - to play with rusty Serena. On the other hand she may reaggravate her injuries and it could be easier later. Nastya won't have time for her usual slow start she has to play her best from the begining. Then Davenport and Alyona at last. It would be nice if one of them has 2 wins the other - 1 and they settle their match to throw the Americans out. Or if they both have 2 wins:worship:
Well, I still can keep dreaming :angel:

Nastyafan
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:30 AM
If Anastasia wins... i might just go raid the water fountains for enough pennies to buy tapes of all her YEC matches.Lol, Fragrance, is that your usual source of income?:lol:

Emptiness
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:41 AM
No its searching threw garbage for diapers and whipping the contents at people's faces while yelling "5 dollars to make me stop!".

http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-crazy.gif

Nastyafan
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:04 PM
I wasn't mean, just thought the cold water may be dangerous for your health

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:42 PM
This is definately the best first match for Anastasia.
Serena hasn't played much since Beijing.
If Nastya can play well, and get this one, then she just has to beat Lena to make the semis.

Emptiness
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I wasn't being mean either. I'm just joking.

They way you talk Glox makes me gain a little more hope. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-praycross.gif

Daniel
Nov 10th, 2004, 06:10 AM
This is definately the best first match for Anastasia.
Serena hasn't played much since Beijing.
If Nastya can play well, and get this one, then she just has to beat Lena to make the semis.
indeed, this first match is so important, Go Nastya beat Serena :D

:bounce:

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Serena can make errors. Anastasia has to handle her pace, and make her win the points.
If Serena is off her best form, it's a clear road to the semis for Nastya.

Nastyafan
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Probably the day broke in LA and I'm getting nervous. I hope Nastya has had a sound sleep and is in a good and winning mood. I will try to sleep during her match (but will I can?) and when I wake up...:angel:
Please Nastya, make my day happy, please beauty, beat the beast!:kiss:

Spunky83
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Probably the day broke in LA and I'm getting nervous. I hope Nastya has had a sound sleep and is in a good and winning mood. I will try to sleep during her match (but will I can?) and when I wake up...:angel:
Please Nastya, make my day happy, please beauty, beat the beast!:kiss:

Hehe...I know that you donīt really like to watch her matches live...but hell, whatīs better than watching your fave player in an important live broadcasted match? Ahhh, I know: watching a taped match with Nastya winning 6-1 6-2...itīs the excitement that counts...letīs see what I can throw around during the match this time. When she lost against Petrova last week, I accidently destroyed a plastic bottle (interestingly I donīt throw raquets when I play)...excitement is the best part of sports...but well, everyone has his own way to follow a match.

Letīs see if you can sleep through;)

Spunky83
Nov 10th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Some quotes from Nastya (from YEC):

"We have a huge competition among us on the court, but we really
are good friends off the court," Myskina said at the WTA Tour
Championship, the season-ending event that begins Wednesday at
the Staples Center. "I think it's really hard to fight on the
court and bring the fight off the court. Tennis is going to
finish sooner or later, so I think it's good to have a friend
when both are finished as tennis players."

...cute;)

"For me, it's really great to be here, because by the end of the
year you feel kind of empty but you try to find energy for the
biggest one in your life," Myskina said. "But becoming No. 1 is
very important for me. I was the first Russian who won the
French Open. I want to be the first one who is going to be No.
1."

...I am really excited to see if she can make a closer step to number one later...

Third ranked Anastasia Myskina added that since nothing could be done this week, the players needed to grit their teeth and forget about it.
"We just have to play and not complain about it," Myskina said. "I've had pain before and you get used to playing in pain."
...about Masha and Vera wanting to have a lighter ball for the YEC in order to avoid injuries, seems like Nastya is the WTAīs pet;), doesnīt it hurt Nastya?

Nastyafan
Nov 10th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Hehe...I know that you donīt really like to watch her matches live...but hell, whatīs better than watching your fave player in an important live broadcasted match? Ahhh, I know: watching a taped match with Nastya winning 6-1 6-2...itīs the excitement that counts...letīs see what I can throw around during the match this time. When she lost against Petrova last week, I accidently destroyed a plastic bottle (interestingly I donīt throw raquets when I play)...excitement is the best part of sports...but well, everyone has his own way to follow a match.

Letīs see if you can sleep through;)Indeed there is nothing more exciting than watching Nastya live, but the excitement is tooooo much for me. And as I said I have a feeling the thinks go off much easier when I don't watch. When I watch as if Nastya makes evrething as hard as possible. Of course the excitement isn't the same when you watch the match on tape but still there are positive emotions when she wins and I don't get mad with stupid mistakes or bad linecalls, and I avoid the negaive emotions when she loses not watching the tape. You just can't imagine what happens in my soul at every lost point and especially at bad linecalls. I watched Nastya-Davenport on tape and can't imagine how mad I would have got at that point at 4-3 and BP Nastya. It was clear out and they called ace. That might have turned the whole match around.And I'm sure there will be many linecalls against Nastya tonight - after that scandalous overrule against Cap every linesman will be careful to not harm Serena again.
Be redy Nastya, you can beat them all:kiss:

Nastyafan
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:10 PM
"For me, it's really great to be here, because by the end of the year you feel kind of empty but you try to find energy for the biggest one in your life," Myskina said. "But becoming No. 1 is very important for me. I was the first Russian who won the French Open. I want to be the first one who is going to be No. 1.""the biggest one in your life":eek: I didn't suspect YEC is so important for you Nastya but I'm very glad you are so motivated because I know when you are motivated enough no one will stop you. :yeah: Start the attack to #1 here girl!:kiss:

oops it has been posted already, but strangely, I'm almost sure your post wasn't there when I posted my previous post Spunky:confused:
BTW Hasn't Masha wanted to play with heavier balls?