PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

deckham
Oct 12th, 2004, 04:55 AM
i think moscow will help her "poor" serve... i don't think it's that bad but she needs a bit more action on it. Nastya looked bad in the first set against davenport but she always struggles in the first set as of late.... it seems like that is what she does in order to get herself ready for the match.... it's almost like she figures out her opponents game and then she decides how she wants to respond.

remember myskina was up 4-2 in the 2nd set against davenport and was serving to make it 5-2.... yes... she had a meltdown and she blew her chance but she is absolutely brilliant at breaking serve.... if she can just focus on not giving up easy points on her serve (like you said neg-fan ;) ) then she will be brilliant once again. her return of serve is amazing and her serve is decent... she just needs that confidence... and i think she's finally got it back... :yeah: :hehehe: :drink:

go nastya, you're amazing
your tennis is coming back to you
play your style all the time
there's nothing your opponents can do

they're amazed by your passion
it really is the best
no matter how good they are
you're way above the rest.

go nastya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :drink:

Daniel
Oct 12th, 2004, 10:16 AM
This week is crucial, she might lose being the best russian if she does worst than Sveta, luckyly she cant fall lower than 4 . Even if she gets to finsh ranked higher than Svweta tihs week, it ownt last long, Sveta is comitted to Zuric (tier I) and that would let her pass Nastya in the rankings. I dont know if is definitely that Nastya is playing Linz, I think she should play it, consideirng JUju is out and it could be good to earn more points .

saab95
Oct 12th, 2004, 10:43 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/144238.jpg

where is Olga?! ;)

Nastyafan
Oct 12th, 2004, 01:08 PM
I think you underestimate the problem with her serve deck. After watching today's ElenaD. 's game I can say that now Nastya has the worst serve in top 10. Yes she was leading 4-2 30-0, 4-4 30-0 and in both cases lost the next 4 points because of that weak serve (and disbelief). Yes she is great in breaking serve but not against these biiiig babies.:devil:

Daniel, Sveta has withdrawn from Zurich and Justine has never entered in Linz. Of course that's a cold comfort if Nastya won't play well. It seems all Russians are extremely motivated for this torney and they override their opponents. And Nastya will have to play only with compatriots and Davenport. She really has a very difficult task:eek:

Saab, Ola is in Moscow, you can meet her:)

cool_olga
Oct 12th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Lol, we've already met, he was joking ;)

I don't know if they have good relationshit, they weren't sitting together on this match. Jens was sitting alone and Stepanov with two other people. I won't say he looks better live...

deckham
Oct 12th, 2004, 02:47 PM
i don't underestimate her serve nastyafan... i said it needs a bit of work. it's the confidence i was talking about.... and it looks like it's coming back. she knew she blew her chance against davenport and she won't want to see that happen again... especially in moscow. i think you underestimate a lot of nastya's game... she does have a great return of serve and that has bailed her out on numerous occasions.

:drink:

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Nastya's draw looks extremely difficult. Lena L. had a big win, Vera had a big win. And Lindsay's in great form.
Nastya will have to play her best in every match.

nouf
Oct 12th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Nouf Caps

http://pagesperso.laposte.net/mashounette/foto/bscap117.jpg
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/mashounette/foto/bscap118.jpg
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/mashounette/foto/bscap119.jpg
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/mashounette/foto/bscap120.jpg
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/mashounette/foto/bscap121.jpg
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/mashounette/foto/bscap122.jpg

Nastyafan
Oct 12th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I don't underestimate her game deck, I have said many times that I adore her game and why. But unfortunately there are 2 big holes in her game and I cant' run away from the facts. Firstt is that serve. I hate the big servers and their play it's so boring but unfortunately today you can't have consistent successes without a decent serve. But Nastya's serve is far from decent - she usualy has less than 50% 1st serve, her second serve is very weak and vulnerable, she makes at an average 1 Ace and 5-6DF. IMO she doesn't concentrate enough on the serve she always hurries, I have a feeling that she looks at the serve as at an irksome part of tennis and she rushes to finish with it as soon as possible.It's the most boring part to me too and I hope they will change the rules some day in disadvantage of the big servers but now the serve is a necessary evil The second hole is her mentally stability especially after Olympics but even before she had problems closing matches, consolidating breaks, etc.... but I have spoken enough about that.

It seems alot of attention to Nastya in Moscow. Let's hope it will be the whole week. She looks so cute:kiss:

Spunky83
Oct 12th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Wuhhhuuu...the russian girls all had pretty amazing results in the first round matches (just one lost set in six matches with a russian in it). I hope Nastya gets inspired by this and not intimidated.

Come on, come on..let´s goooo!!!

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Anastasia has a difficult road ahead. This is one of the toughest fields all year.
Elena L. beat Zuluaga 6-1, 6-2. Nothing at the KC is easy.

deckham
Oct 12th, 2004, 05:47 PM
nastya will be ready.. :yeah:

i am amazed at these cameras for the kremlin cup... they are amazing.... especially for centre court.... :eek:

Nastyafan
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Nastya won't play tomorrow.:fiery:
I can't understand why she never plays on Wednesday. Does she prefer this - to rest 3 days and then to play 2 matches every day. That's not smart:unsure:

deckham
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:03 PM
it's not up to her nastyafan... but i'm sure the people running the show would like to see nastya playing as deep into the week as possible... ;)

cool_olga
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Not even doubles tomorrow, I was kinda sure they'll play.
If you could see how this crowd suported Safin/Mirny, Nastya will feel it too and it will help her. And she wouldn't like to be ashamed in front of her gorilla :rolleyes:
btw some pics here but poor quality, I hope mine will be better when I'm back home, I can get some nice close ups from this bench :)

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=gallery&id=55

the cat
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Nastya always wears the tennis outfits to show off her nice figure and great legs. :D :hearts:

Nastyafan
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:59 PM
I think they ask sometimes the top players when they prefer to play. At least Davenport not playing night matches in California can be nothing but her wish. Therefore Nastya never playing on Wednesday may be her wish. Probably she likes to rest well and then to play without stoping.

Ola, were you at yesterday's pressconference? Did you meet Nastya and did you give her out creations?

Nastyafan
Oct 12th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Nastya always wears the tennis outfits to show off her nice figure and great legs. :D :hearts:
Thank God they don't allow jeans, otherwise we wouldn't have seen Nastya's great legs;)

Vass22
Oct 12th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Hate the outfit, but the legs are my favourite part.... Had them as an avatar ones.

Spunky83
Oct 12th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Hehe...I LOVE that outift.

I think I´ve already said it during the Olympics...I think I fell in love with those clothes. To cite Ola...I think I like the clothes more than Nastya...haha...

So I think those are finally the outfit she was talking about when she mentioned that she would get some clothes designed for her. It really fits perfect (though the shirt is a little short isn´t it;)?)

But where is the red version from the Daniiilidou match??? This is a rhetorical question...

Emptiness
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Thanks for that transcript Spunky. And caps Nouf. And pictures Olga. I have a little clip of Nastya shopping with some pretty girl if you or anyone wants to see.

And wow she really likes that "Property Of" sweater doesn't she? Shes worn it so many times. :lick:
http://xs.to/pics/04103/sparkassen-cup.jpeg

I love the outfit as well but i like the white shorts better than those cyan ones. ...Still won't beat the US Open outfit as my current favourite. :p

Good luck versus Lena L. [on thursday?!] i hope for a good match but of course Nastya prevailing. :yeah:

Epigone
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:16 AM
I have a little clip of Nastya shopping with some pretty girl if you or anyone wants to see.I'd like to see Nastya shopping. Thank you :)

Emptiness
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:55 AM
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=6DE765992824B4D5B0679DAD08070DB3
It'll expire after 7 days or 35 downloads [i think]. :yeah:

Oh and its in Russian. Anastasia MUYS-kina. :lol:

deckham
Oct 13th, 2004, 05:32 AM
thank you so much for that video fragrance.... that was brilliant!!

she's even more gorgeous than i thought... wow. she seems so down to earth.. :angel:

thanks again fragrance.. that was such a cool link you gave us. :yeah:

:drink: :drink: :drink:

deckham
Oct 13th, 2004, 05:46 AM
and yes... thank goodness she can't wear jeans nastyafan... i entirely agree...

as for that property of.. sweater.. i think she looks great in it. That's a great pic of her in that as well. It might only be me personally but i like it when nastya is completely covered (i think i said this before when they were in argentina for fed cup), but it leaves more to the imagination and she is just simply beautiful... don't you agree???? ;) :hehehe:

Emptiness
Oct 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Oh yeah.. she looks really beautiful covered up. Not saying she doesn't not covered up.. i mean i have seen the Adidas International pictures. :lol:
But i'm so bias.. i'm a bitch for mysterious eyes/looks.

Deckham ever think about putting down the bottle? :p

cool_olga
Oct 13th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Where are my conferences...well they all are in Russian so I am not even recording. And I wasn't on Nastya's conference, I didn't know about it and I was somewhere else.
So there will be no conferences with Russians from me unfortunately.

btw. Anybody knows Nastya official site because she claims her agent made one for her but I guess no single person saw it.

Daniel
Oct 13th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Elena L agian for Nastya, has to play her best to beat her again, Good luck Nastya :worship:

Nastyafan
Oct 13th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Grrr I can't download the clip. Several times the download began but never finished, then it began to redirect me to a page "incorrect link":mad:

Nastya has an officia site? :rolleyes: It should be a very secret site if no one knows it and the search engines don't find it. I guess you have met Nastya and have offered to her turning your site in official. I wonder if Nastya doesn't want an official site, her agent cheats her or he has the right and the engagement to make her site but hasn't made it yet.:confused: BTW who is he?
I guess it's very annoying for you when all speak an unknown language. But at least a good case to learn somewhat Russian and you have many online friends there to help you.:)

cool_olga
Oct 13th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah it's confusing but I'm leaving in few days :p
I don't know who's her agent she is with not known agency I guess and nobody knows about the site. But it seems she doesn't bother that kind of things opposite to Vera, Sveta for example. It doesn't matter ;) Let her have unvisible official website...

Nastyafan
Oct 13th, 2004, 01:26 PM
http://info-images.rambler.ru/pubd/2004/10/13/0005152258/picture.small.jpg (http://www.rambler.ru/db/sport/simg.html?s=236&mid=5152258&n=0) Анастасия Мыскина: "В теннисе надо побеждать головой"
13.10.2004 11:17 | Время новостей

Первая в российской истории победительница турнира из серии "Большого шлема" Анастасия Мыскина на Кубке Кремля настроена на защиту своего прошлогоднего титула. Хотя лучшая по текущему рейтингу ВТА российская теннисистка прекрасно понимает, что на этот раз обыгрывать соперниц будет гораздо сложнее. В спорткомплексе "Олимпийский" с Анастасией МЫСКИНОЙ побеседовала корреспондент "Времени новостей" Ольга ЕРМОЛИНА.

- Этот сезон сложился для вас довольно успешно. А каковы ваши спортивные планы в Москве?
- Конечно, буду стараться выиграть, поскольку Кубок Кремля - мой самый любимый турнир. Выступать дома - всегда большая ответственность, и я стараюсь показывать все, на что способна. От прошлогодних соревнований у меня остались самые приятные впечатления. Но в то же время я понимаю, что нынешний Кубок Кремля - это уже другой турнир, потому что ситуация в женском теннисе несколько изменилась. Сейчас все наши девочки подготовлены намного лучше, да и другие спортсменки играют на высоком уровне. Так что проходных матчей не будет. Если чуть расслабишься или не настроишься на игру, могут возникнуть проблемы. Да и потом, все наши девочки горят желанием выиграть домашний турнир.

- Похоже, что иностранных теннисисток вы уже в расчет не берете?
- Честно говоря, в последнее время мы уже привыкли играть между собой. Хотя, безусловно, американка Линдсей Дэвенпорт - сильная соперница.

- Насколько важно для вас выигрывать именно у соотечественниц?
- Думаю, что для всех российских теннисисток важно побеждать друг друга, показывать, что ты сильнее и по праву занимаешь место в сборной. В конечном счете от личных результатов зависит участие в Кубке федерации. Но мною движет и особая мотивация, поскольку на сегодняшний момент по рейтингу я стою выше остальных россиянок и должна подтверждать свой первый номер классной игрой.

- За счет чего, на ваш взгляд, российский женский теннис так поднялся?
- Секрета никакого нет: наши девушки настолько амбициозны, так хотят выиграть, что это желание становится действительностью. Опять же очень помогает конкуренция. В хорошем смысле этого слова. Я знаю, что за моей спиной Света Кузнецова, Лена Дементьева, и это подстегивает, заставляет играть лучше. Вообще, за последние год-два в женском теннисе появилось много спортсменок из России, и иногда зарубежные соперницы в раздевалке даже в шутку жалуются - мол, опять этот русский язык. Приятно, что в ВТА быстро отреагировали на ситуацию. Начали выпускать буклеты на русском, появились русскоговорящие работники. Очень многие тренеры стали учить русский, поскольку поняли, что нас, классных русских игроков, очень много.

- А в чем секрет ваших побед? Внешне вы хрупкая девушка, без всяких мускулов и широкой спины...
- Когда я была еще юной, один из тренеров мне как-то сказал, что теннис - это шахматы в движении. Талант талантом, но не менее важно научиться думать на корте. Другими словами, в теннисе надо побеждать головой.

- Кого из мужчин-теннисистов вы обыгрывали?
- Сейчас я могу говорить все что угодно, вспоминать детские годы, когда я побеждала Марата Сафина. Но реальность такова, что я вряд ли смогу одолеть кого-нибудь из первой сотни рейтинга АТП.

- На ваш взгляд, чего не хватает нашим ребятам?
- Я не думаю, что в настоящее время российский мужской теннис переживает кризис. Я знаю всех ребят, сколько они работают, особенно Андреев и Южный, как хотят добиться результата. Просто у мужчин конкуренция намного жестче, чем у нас.

- Этот сезон у вас получился неровным по результатам. Чем вы это объясните?
- Олимпиадой. Победить на Олимпийских играх было целью моей жизни. И тем более обидно, что я имела реальный шанс, но упустила его. Я очень сильно переживала, и до сих пор еще боль осталась в моей душе.

- Пройдя через все это, почему вы не хотите попробовать еще раз выступить на Играх в Пекине?
- Четыре года - большой срок. Я не люблю и не хочу так далеко загадывать. Слишком много эмоций было отдано Играм в Афинах, надо успокоиться и прийти в себя. А потом, очень устаешь от переездов, перелетов, жизни вне дома. Словом, мое решение выступать или не выступать на следующих Играх будет зависеть даже не от моих физических возможностей, а от эмоционального состояния. Ведь, кроме Олимпиады, я ставлю перед собой и другие цели - стать первой ракеткой мира, выигрывать турниры "Большого шлема".

- Это задача-максимум, а каковы ваши ближайшие устремления?
- В ноябре предстоят чемпионат ВТА в Лос-Анджелесе и "Финал четырех" Кубка федераций. Командный турнир для меня даже важнее. Надеюсь, что на этот раз не повторится прошлогодняя история, когда мы уступили француженкам. Никаких сюрпризов и неожиданностей не случится. Я знаю, что идут серьезная работа и подготовка к этому турниру.

- А ваши планы на жизнь вне корта?
- Я буду думать об этом, когда закончу спортивную карьеру. В какой-то степени меня привлекает работа дизайнера, но я не могу с уверенностью сказать, что стану этим серьезно заниматься. Да, я несколько раз встречалась с дизайнерами из Nike, в форме этой фирмы я выступаю на корте. Обсуждаю будущие коллекции, высказываю свои пожелания. К примеру, на корте я предпочитаю играть в шортах. Но теннисные шорты должны отличаться от тренировочных, смотреться более эстетично.

- На Кубке Кремля не устанете играть и в паре, и в одиночном разряде?
- Нет, я не боюсь, что мне не хватит сил. После Олимпийских игр у меня было время отдохнуть. В психологическом плане мне легче начинать с пары. Это помогает и к корту приноровиться, и к атмосфере на турнире привыкнуть

Nastyafan
Oct 13th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Woohoo Nastya has been beating Marat in childhood:eek: . Is Marat younger than her?
And Nastya still thinks about #1 and GS wins. Go for it Nastya you can do it if you really belive in yourself again!:worship: :kiss:
And she may play in Beijin:angel:

deckham
Oct 13th, 2004, 02:32 PM
yeah .... isn't her official website www.anastasiamyskina.com ??

that's been under construction for months, i've known about it for awhile now.. :confused:

and yes fragrance, i have thought about laying off the bottle... but it always finds it's way back to me every time... :hehehe: :drink:

see!!! silly bottle!!! down bottle down!! :)

and nastyafan.. it's funny how upbeat you get when nastya actually says what you want to hear ;) . you don't hear every single interview nastya does so that's unfortuante, but if she's still playing tennis then i'm sure she still dreams of being number one and winning another grand slam title... that's what they all want and she knows she can get it.

Nastyafan
Oct 13th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Really it is written official site there. I didn't know about that site, in any case it isn't very useful.
Yea, probably I'm too inconsistent but what can I do, my mood fully depends of Nastya's deeds and words. Please Nastya make me happy more often:hearts: :bowdown:

Nastyafan
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Nastya tomorrow first match on Eurosport:yeah:

But I smell another thriller and this is not good for my nerves. :fiery: Maybe I should tape the match and watch only when I know she has won.:confused: :worship:

goldenlox
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Finally, Anastasia plays singles. This is the first time a Russian has defended a Tier I title.
Plus, it's the KC.
In Paris, Anastasia will be the first Russian to try to repeat at a major.

Spunky83
Oct 13th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Haha...there´s an offical website?!? It´s the first time I hear about it, let´s see how long it will take;)

Damn, I have a college seminar till 12:45h tomorrow (thank God I am living at the college dorm), then I will head straight home and then at 14:00h I have to run back to college...could be fun. I have a VCR so it´s not that bad...I hope that Lindz (better Safina) and Andreev can win their matches till 13h (Moscow time 15h).

cool_olga
Oct 13th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks decks it looks like very good site :yeah:
At least she didn't lie :p Then we stay with Vera's one :D
There probably was reason she plays Thursday.

Nastya's sister
Oct 13th, 2004, 06:27 PM
So, Olga are you having a good time? Have you given the letters to Nastya - and in if you have, what did she say?

Hope everything's fine over there.

Epigone
Oct 13th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Then we stay with Vera's one :DGood thinking ;)

Be sure to cheer for Nastya, and Nastya/Vera tomorrow.

Nastyafan
Oct 13th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Yes, the site looks great but has links only to WTA and "Anastasia shop" - typical commercial thinking - so who claimed that only "pro" should do the official sites? Oh. it was GL. Which site is more useful - this ol Ola's?

I asked about the letters too but you didn't answer me Ola. And no one wants to tell me how old is Marat.:crying2: I guess I should find myself.

Spunky83
Oct 13th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Most often official sites suck...so I hope Ola´s Vera-site doesn´t;)...it won´t, I am sure!

Yeah, the link to tenniswarehouse, great,lol...give me the $44 and I will definetly buy that shirt of hers with the "built-in-bra". Yes!

Emptiness
Oct 13th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Grrr I can't download the clip. Several times the download began but never finished, then it began to redirect me to a page "incorrect link":mad: Huh. Works for me i downloaded it in 2 minutes and didn't have to resume. Keep trying and if it doesn't work maybe i can find some other way to send to you?

Haha Spunky that shirt looks ok but i think i like the "Big Banger" more. ;)
Everyone start worshiping their gods and praying for Nastya to win tommorow. http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-praycross.gif
I think she really needs the confidence if shes going to have one ounce of a chance against Davenport.

Epigone
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Most often official sites suck...so I hope Ola´s Vera-site doesn´t;)...it won´t, I am sure!It's not going to suck. I'll make sure of that :)

Huh. Works for me i downloaded it in 2 minutes and didn't have to resume. Keep trying and if it doesn't work maybe i can find some other way to send to you?The download also worked fine for me

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Finaly I downloaded the clip but I made at least 10 attempts.:worship:
Nastya is so cute. She is choosing her 456735763856th jeans:lol:
But has the clip sound? It hasn't to me. Is it a problem with my codecs or the clip is without sound?:confused:

Spunky83
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Finaly I downloaded the clip but I made at least 10 attempts.:worship:
Nastya is so cute. She is choosing her 456735763856th jeans:lol:
But has the clip sound? It hasn't to me. Is it a problem with my codecs or the clip is without sound?:confused:

It has sound. Did I get that right that she had to show that sales-clerk her ID in order to pay with plastic or was is it something else? Funny how you could check someone´s identity card who (as commonly known) has more than just a few dollars under the pillow and is surrounded by a troup of media-guys;)...I would announce that woman the saleswoman of the month for equal treatment of every human being:lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Which player do you use? WMP doesn't open the file, I watched with BS-player but without sound?
Probably the saleswoman is obliged to do that, she may lost her job if she doesn't

cool_olga
Oct 14th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Yes, the site looks great but has links only to WTA and "Anastasia shop" - typical commercial thinking - so who claimed that only "pro" should do the official sites? Oh. it was GL. Which site is more useful - this ol Ola's?
Lol, yeah was GL...

Well Nastya's site is made by her agent so it's for sponsors and money. But it's still under construction so maybe it will get some nice things still. My site looks worse for sure but I put pics often :p

Vera's site will be very good I am sure of that. Vera is open for any ideas and I already made few things with her and showed her and her agent project and she liked it. So I hope site will be good for fans. And there will be little suprise clip :p very sweet.

Daniel
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Good luck in your 2r match Nastya, u must win, ur ranking is on the line, Sveta alrwady won and is in the QF. Time to start playing ur best game and to leave the mental meltdowns away

Go Nastya :bounce: :worship:

Epigone
Oct 14th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Lena L took the 1st set 6-2

Nastya has a real fight on her hands

Epigone
Oct 14th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Nastya took the 2nd set 6-1

Who knows what will happen now? :shrug:

mandy7
Oct 14th, 2004, 12:51 PM
:wavey: i know! i know! i know!!

she's gonna kick ass now! :D

Epigone
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Nastya won 2-6 6-1 6-0

She now faces Vera in the QF. This could be the match of the tournament.

mandy7
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:13 PM
look at my previous post on this thread....

:rocker2: hate to say i told you soooooo! :rocker2:

Epigone
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Match stats
1st serve % 45%
Aces 2
DF 8
Pts won on 1st serve 21/34 = 61%
Pts won on 2nd serve 17/41 - 41%
UEs 38
BP converted 9/12 = 75%
Net approaches 2/5 = 40%
Total pts won 80
Max serve speed 176kph

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Nastya ;) :yeah:
well done but again a bad start
she only woke up in 2nd
then cruised :)

good luck in QF tomorrow ;)

Spunky83
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:34 PM
That was one ugly first set...what is it with Nastya and first sets???

The second and third ones she was great by time but the first? Mhhhh...maybe she can start the match tomorrow with her last sets-game.

Emptiness
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Which player do you use? WMP doesn't open the file, I watched with BS-player but without sound? Probably the saleswoman is obliged to do that, she may lost her job if she doesn'tBoth work for me, though i don't have WMP i have Windows Media Player Classic. Download FFDshow thats what i have and all my videos and sound works.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

And woo thats was a good win. http://xs.to/pics/04103/smilie-dance.gif
Wheres NegFan? Now you can be happy until its time to worry about the next match that is. ;)

I'm really glad i got to watch this match. Her speed and movement is really a thing of beauty, her serve is a beastly thing however. Too many doubles faults. Going to have to really clean that up against Vera.

The Eurosport commentator liked her outfit and i think Boris did too. :o

Spunky83
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Which player do you use? WMP doesn't open the file, I watched with BS-player but without sound?
Probably the saleswoman is obliged to do that, she may lost her job if she doesn't

LOL...yeah, probably she does, though I don´t think that with all the cameras around them the saleswoman´s boss would like to see a famous consumer get id checked either, haha, just thought it was funny, not to be discussed seriously;)

N-Fan, you got to losen up a little bit...I sooo hope that the match tomorrow will be at 15h again, the only way I can watch it at all by taping it (somehow the computer at work doesn´t let me watch the match online).

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Oh thank God Nastya has won:worship: :kiss: :yeah:
I watched first 4 games but wasn't able to stand this anymore and went away. How funny - I always complain about not showing Nastya and when she is on TV I can't watch. Now I will watch the tape calmly:worship:

goldenlox
Oct 14th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Very similar to the last Nastya-Lena L. match.
The last Nastya-Vera match, in San Diego, was tremendous!
I can't wait for this one! :woohoo: :banana:

cool_olga
Oct 14th, 2004, 02:41 PM
It was okay from her.
Great that I understood any word from conference :eek:

saab95
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Good luck Nastya/Vera in doubles
I'd like to see them vs Petrova/Bovina

KV
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Again a 3 set match vs. Lena L. Good job done Nastya :)

martirogi
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:27 PM
does anyone kno what time we can watch nastya next singles or doubles match on that moscow internet thing

martirogi
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:46 PM
nastya/zvon are playing now, but i can't get the site to work, all i see is black :bigcry: :rain: :hysteric: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2:

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 04:10 PM
And woo thats was a good win. http://xs.to/pics/04103/smilie-dance.gif
Wheres NegFan? Now you can be happy until its time to worry about the next match that is. ;)That's one of the reasons I hate when Nastya starts on Thursday - I have no time for enjoyment:lol: I already worry.:unsure: She played pretty well in the second and third set but why she always needs to start from 0-1:confused: And that serve:fiery: Did Alyona devolve her main weakness on Nastya somehow. She was broken only once in her 2 matches but Nastya's serve becomes worse and worse. Nastya may prevail over Vera because she is prone of DFing too but the next big...:devil: ...
Please Nastya fix that damn serve and start playing from the begining so that I can watch the whole your matches. And Boris is there because of you, he is an old man you don't want to cause him a heart-stroke, want you?:hearts:

Epigone
Oct 14th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Nastya/Vera won their doubles match 6-1 6-4 :yeah:

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Both work for me, though i don't have WMP i have Windows Media Player Classic. Download FFDshow thats what i have and all my videos and sound works.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/Thanks I fixed the problem - yesterday I instaled some new audio driver fro windows update:devil: and have lost all sounds but hadn't noticed.
Nastya sounds so tuny in Russian (especially when she said they won't take her for a space-woman).
Spunky, they really have checked her ID although the management of the shop have known her and have made a big discount.:eek:

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 04:27 PM
:woohoo: they already won doubles too:yeah:

but now the friends will be enemie:hug: :boxing: :fiery: s

goldenlox
Oct 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Very similar to the last Nastya-Lena L. match.
The last Nastya-Vera match, in San Diego, was tremendous!
I can't wait for this one! :woohoo: :banana:
And an all Russian doubles semi with Nadia/Lena B.! :drool: :bounce:

Spunky83
Oct 14th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Ahhh....I so hope that Kuzi/Elena can start on time (wishful thinking) and that that match won´t last too long, then I would have a chance to watch it taped...ui, ui, ui;)

@Nastyafan: Thanks for the explanation...I worked as an cashier for two years after school. We had to check IDs too when paying with cards...I loved checking my friends´ parents, teachers IDs...hehe, but the best part was when my friends showed up to buy alcohol and I just pretended to take a look, my bosses loved me;)

deckham
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:01 PM
woohoo nastya!!! :yeah:

she is really starting to love those 2nd are 3rd sets.. those 1st ones are just warmups... :lol: .. gets her ready for the match...

yeah... too many double faults, but you have to love her break of serves... she has got to be the best at it! :)

:drink: nastya match will be around 5 o'clock tomorrow... maybe a little before (ofcourse in moscow time... ;) )

good luck! i'll be watching tomorrow!!! :drink:

JLDementieva
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:07 PM
YAY Nastya!!! Way to destroy Elena L in the 2nd and 3rd set!!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!! Crossing my fingers for both of my girls to win!! :D

Spunky83
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:40 PM
YAY Nastya!!! Way to destroy Elena L in the 2nd and 3rd set!!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!! Crossing my fingers for both of my girls to win!! :D

Yep...Sveta already canceled the next three tourneys in a row, she might start her little break tomorrow;), oh and Lindsay could stop playing now, she´s already the number one :tape: ..again wishful thinking...

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Победительница Кубка Кремля-2003 Анастасия Мыскина: Лечусь народными средствами

Дарья Сребницкая
http://www.sovsport.ru/texthit.asp?textid=168363&pkey1=0000200002&pkey0=

ТЕННИС
КУБОК КРЕМЛЯ

Россиянка Анастасия Мыскина вышла в четвертьфинал, обыграв свою соотечественницу Елену Лиховцеву со счетом 2:6, 6:1, 6:0. После выступления Настя попала в объятия первого президента России Бориса Ельцина и его супруги Наины. Своих самых преданных среди высокопоставленных болельщиков.

Мыскинавыступала с температурой 37 градусов. Накануне турнира простудилась, у Насти болело горло, поэтому несколько дней она не тренировалась.

– Сейчас чувствую себя нормально, – рассказывает спортсменка. – Лечусь не таблетками, а народными средствами, так как нас регулярно вызывают на допинг-контроль. Полощу горло йодом с солью – мама делает мне настои. И как можно больше сплю, ведь сон восстанавливает энергию.

– Возможно, вам следовало отказаться от участия в парном турнире, поберечь силы?

– Я заявлена на пару и не могу подвести Веру Звонареву.

– В четвертьфинале вам предстоит встреча именно со Звонаревой. А ваш последний с ней матч в августе в полуфинале турнира ВТА в Сан-Диего завершился вашей победой на тай-брейке – 17:15. Не получится ли рекорда на Кубке Кремля?

– Нет! Я, наверное, просто умру!

– Что вам сказал Борис Ельцин?

– Секрет.

– Подходить к нему после матча – победная традиция?

– В прошлом году Борис Николаевич сам спустился ко мне с трибуны. А на этот раз мне захотелось первой поздороваться с ним.

– Елена Дементьева призналась, что запрещает своим одноклассникам приходить в зал, когда она играет. Сильно волнуется. А за вас болели и родители, и друзья. Вас не смущало их присутствие?

– Напротив, я сама пригласила друзей. Мне очень важна их поддержка.

– Рассчитываете выступить в «Финале четырех» ноябрьского Кубка Федерации в Москве?

– Конечно. И надеюсь на хороший результат. В минувшем сезоне мы проиграли и страшно расстроились. Лично я виноватых не ищу. Вообще по жизни такой человек, что позитивно ко всем и всему настроена. Прежде всего копаюсь в своих ошибках. Если не смогла что-то сделать для сборной, это моя и только моя вина. Но, видимо, мы были немножко разобщены – жили по домам. Это нас и подвело. На этот раз будем жить все вместе в гостинице. Такое решение приняли тренер команды Лариса Савченко-Нейланд и капитан Шамиль Тарпищев.

ДОСЛОВНО

– Во втором сете Мыскина стала играть более сконцентрированно, раскованно. Настя, в общем, всегда играет умно. Я старалась не отставать, но серьезные ошибки выбили меня из колеи. Я заторопилась, начала применять укороченные удары. Соперница этим воспользовалась.

Елена ЛИХОВЦЕВА

Nastyafan
Oct 14th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Nastya has had a chill and a sore throat.:fiery: Maybe therefore she played pnly today.
Please Nastya be well tomorrow:bowdown: :kiss:

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Американская теннисистка Линдсэй Дэвенпорт считает Анастасию Мыскину и Марию Шарапову сильнейшими российскими теннисистками. Такую точку зрения высказала Дэвенпорт в четверг на пресс-конференции в рамках турнира «Кубок Кремля».

Рассуждая об игре первой ракетки России Анастасии Мыскиной, Дэвенпорт назвала главным ее козырем морально-психологические качества и высокий уровень тактических действий. «Для меня игра против Мыскиной - всегда вызов, и в этом году на «Кубке Кремля» у меня есть большой соблазн выиграть у Анастасии на глазах ее болельщиков», - поделилась своим мнением американка.

WHAT A BITCH! How cynically sounds that " I have a big temptation to beat her in front of her fans" She is already far ahead in my hate list:devil: :mad: :mad: :armed:

Nastya please hear this and don't allow her temptation happen:kiss:

Epigone
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Both Lindsay and Nastya have to win one more match before they can meet

Nobody should count their chickens before they hatch ;)

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:59 AM
I don't count, it seems she:devil: counts.
I know Nastya will have a very tough match and the thing I want at least is another epic battle like San Diego. I think I prefer even Vera winning easily than Nastya winning in a suiciding thriller and appearing exhausted and helpless against :devil:

deckham
Oct 15th, 2004, 05:30 AM
let's just all calm down and wait for nastya to play vera... one game at a time... even feeling a bit under the weather I'm sure nastya will give her all, and that's all we can ask of her ;) . and she won't play doubles until after a possible semifinals single match.... so she isn't playing too much. let's hope that she is resting well in between matches and not walking around too many malls looking for all those jeans.. :lol:

i personally liked the all black outfit she put on... :lick: :drool:

come on nastya
you're almost there
moscow's home
and we all care
for you to win
would be so great
you deserve it
we just can't wait
when you play
we're all happy
whenever you lose
we're all quite sappy
nastyafan's a realist :)
that's very true
spunky likes henin
but mostly likes you ;)
goldenlox likes all :eek:
she's true to her roots
ola goes where you are :hehehe:
she'd hike in her boots
the cat is frisky :yeah:
fragrance has clips :kiss:
daniel always cheers :bigclap:
epigone does flips? :confused:
but all the same
we're all here too
all very different
but very loyal to you

i apologize for the poem! i just start typing... ;) hope i included all!

go nastya!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah: :drink: :yeah:

cool_olga
Oct 15th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Today Nastya trains just one period and Vera two. Vera wants to win for sure.
Yesterday's doubles was very nice :) At one point Nastya hit great volley and Maleeva couldn't run to it and Maleeva screamed very loud at herself. Nastya turned back and was laughing walking with Vera :p

Jens was sitting with Vera's blackie man dunno his name, they are cool coach couploe I must say. Jens was quit and Vera's was talking to her :p

Can't wait till today's match. I don't know who to cheer for most. guess Nastya. The crowd is going to go crazy there they like both so much.

cool_olga
Oct 15th, 2004, 09:47 AM
And lol, I love this poem :p If I could only read it to Nastya! But damn she is too busy to catch her.

Epigone
Oct 15th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Today Nastya trains just one period and Vera two. Vera wants to win for sure.At least Nastya won't be as tired for the match ;)

Jens was sitting with Vera's blackie man dunno his name, they are cool coach couploe I must say. Jens was quit and Vera's was talking to her :pFor the third time :p, his name is Lex :D

Can't wait till today's match. I don't know who to cheer for most. guess Nastya. The crowd is going to go crazy there they like both so much.As a reporter, you shouldn't cheer for anyone. You must be impartial :angel:

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Lol deck has praiseed us all in his poem. I'm a realist. Isn't he too soft to me.:scared:

Hmmm as Nastya said in that interview for German TV she doesn't like to train too much. Isn't she a bit lazy?:fiery: Nastya you have to train that damn serve uninterruptedly:smash: . Or maybe she is smart and she doesn't want to be tired before the match, especially after the chill.:unsure:
Let's hope she knows better. Good luck girl!:kiss: :hearts:

Jens was sitting with Vera's blackie man dunno his name, they are cool coach couploe I must say. Jens was quit and Vera's was talking to her :p
Haven't they settled their match?;) I hope they haven't settled 6-6 in the third:fiery:

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 11:36 AM
The:devil: already waits in SF. Please Nastya/Vera dont waste all your strength and emotions today. Tomorrow one of you will defend Moscow!:bowdown:

Spunky83
Oct 15th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Yesterday's doubles was very nice :) At one point Nastya hit great volley and Maleeva couldn't run to it and Maleeva screamed very loud at herself. Nastya turned back and was laughing walking with Vera :p

LOL...she of all persons should know how it feels to freak out on court :lol: . I already told you about Berlin´s double with Vera when they played QFs and Huber yelled and cried to the umpire and Nastya and Vera laughed their asses off because of that. Those two are a weird couple...they are like two teenagers (at least Vera is) who just try to have a good laugh when playing together...I am impatient to see who´s gonna have the last laugh today :lick:

Great match by the way and once again, I gotta say: I LOVE that online coverage!!!

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 01:38 PM
no surprises again
awful start:fiery:
maybe I should go away again

JLDementieva
Oct 15th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Come on Nastya! You can do it!

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Right now it's 6-4, 0-6, 3-4 with Vera serving. An up and down match.

Nastya and Marat are back as the Hopmans Cup team to represent Russia in Perth, Australia.

KV
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Nastya into SEMIS. Def. Vera in a thrilling match.

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Let's hope this works out better than in San Diego. Beat Lindsay now!!

Epigone
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Congratulations to Nastya and her fans :)

Nastya rebounded well from the 1st set, cut down on her UEs, and played some great tennis

Bepa fought, but just made too many UEs :sad:

This rivalry will continue for many years to come, and Bepa will level their h2h 2-2 at their next matchup :devil: ;)

Good luck to Nastya against Lindsay

martirogi
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:38 PM
If Nastya can beat Lindsay she can take the tourney. That would be the 2nd best thing to happen to her this year. I hope she can find someway to do it.

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Oh congrats for the win and fighing spirit Nastya.:yeah: :kiss:
But I can't be very happy after that win. Did you need this psychical and physical exhaustion before the meeting with the:devil: . Why did you need to let her back after 3-0 and 9 games in a row. Why don't you have a killing instinct. And these easy errors on MPs. :mad:
But of course thank God you finally won.:worship: It would have been much worse if you had lost blowing another huge lead and against a compatriot.:fiery:

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Anastasia has played Davenport 5 times, and still hasn't won a set.
Now, in Moscow, is the time to turn things around.

Nastya's sister
Oct 15th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I'm so happy for Nastya! Now, it will be very though for her but I think that if she can find a way to believe in herself against Davenport, she can beat her!

It would be so great to have a final between Nastya and Lena.D. That's what I'm hoping for!

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Anastasia against either Lena is a perfect final.:bounce: :bounce:

Hantuchov
Oct 15th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Great come back Nastya! :yeah: :D

Good Luck tomorrow vs Lindsay! :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Anastasia needs to be at her peak tomorrow. This is a great matchup. The defending champion against the #1 player in 2004.
Here's a chance to end the year on a very high note.

Spunky83
Oct 15th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Nice third set, nice lobs by Nastya and thank God, she was mentally ok in the third. I was literally waiting for her to throw her racket against Jens.

Speaking of throwing something against someone...didn´t Vera (accidently) hit Nastya with a shot out of frustration at the end of the second set? The camera showed Nastya upper body part, but she was definetly hit by something unexpectedly (hehe).

I can´t believe she has to play Lindz again, this is her chance to finally win against Lindz "The Wall" Davenport. If not in Moscow where else? Until last year she never won a single match against Momo, but there she made it, so keep your fingers crossed!!!

Spunky83
Oct 15th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks Nastyafan for posting...did I get that right, that Nastya mentioned that her mum tries to treat her illness?

Hehe...tennis-players are so cute. Imagine a 23-year old football player (or any kind of other sports pro) saying that. Nice to see that she has all the support from her friends and family!

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Yes Spunky her mum has made compreeses with iodine and salt (and "all sorts of vilenesses" from another interview) for her throat.

Indeed tomorrow it will be a huge match for Nastya, definitelly the hugest after Olympics. A win in front of her friends, family, Yeltsin may almost completely neutralize the bad effect of Olympics. A loss will consolidate her feeling of hopeless against :devil:. Indeed if she can't beat her there, then where? But it seems she isn't fully recovered from the chill an that damn serve...:fiery:

But you can do it Nastya, Russia, Moscow, Yeltsin, we all believe in you:yeah: Russians never give up! Don't allow that American :devil: to triumph in Moscow!

Ни шагу назад Настя, за тобой - Москва!

http://poster.genstab.ru/images/ww2_sov005_41_N_Zhukov_V_Klimashin.jpghttp://poster.genstab.ru/images/ww2_sov035_41_B_Muhin.jpg

http://images.rambler.ru/pobeda//wayto/1941/41-01.jpg

Well "За Родину за Ельцина!"

JLDementieva
Oct 15th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Yay! Nastya won, I saw the last few points of the match, almost had a heart attack!!! Good luck tomorrow! You can do it :bounce:

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Мыскина может уйти из сборной России
15.10.2004 22:01 | Газета.ru

Как уже сообщалось, Анастасия Мыскина победила (4:6, 6:0, 7:5) Веру Звонареву в четветьфинале Кубка Кремля. Как сообщает "РТР-Спорт", на пресс-конференции Мыскина сказала, что она простудилась перед матчем. "Мне было тяжело войти в игру. Пока я продышалась, прошел первый сет. Во втором моя игра улучшилась, а в третьей партии при счет 3:0 получился долгий розыгрыш, я отдала это очко, и соперница почувствовала уверенность, а так матч мог закончиться гораздо быстрее, - сказала теннисистка. - Что касается русских дерби, то, честно говоря, я не люблю играть с нашими, всегда получаются сложные матчи. Но, в принципе, у меня со всеми положительный баланс личных встреч и мне без разницы с кем играть, я выхожу и стараюсь победить. А вот как раз мою будущую соперницу по полуфиналу американку Линдсей Дэвенпорт я еще ни разу не обыгрывала. Конечно, в Москве обстановка совсем иная, чем на остальных турнирах, и по идее, я знаю ее игру. Нужно просто побыстрее адаптироваться к матчу и главное - не делать глупых ошибок". Говоря о будущем финале Кубка Федераций, Мыскина сказала: "Мы могли бы выиграть и в прошлом году, но уступили француженкам. Теперь же их нет в полуфинале, тем более Амели Моресмо получила травму. У нас сплоченная команда и, думаю, в этот раз все должно получиться. Тяжело загадывать на следующий год, но если мы сейчас выиграем Кубок Федераций, то возможно я сама не буду больше играть за сборную, ведь эти матчи сильно выбивают из турнирного графика".

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I'm quite surprised with that statement (about leaving FC team) because Nastya has always considered playing for Russia as of prime importance. But on the other hand it would be a smart decision - if she wins FC this year she may give up her place to other girls - there are so many deserving Russians wishing to play there, let they win too and Nastya to prepare her schedule free and smarter than this summer

KV
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the report. Nastya good luck vs. Lindsay, have a feeling Lindsay won't win the Kremlin Cup.

Spunky83
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:35 PM
I'm quite surprised with that statement (about leaving FC team) because Nastya has always considered playing for Russia as of prime importance. But on the other hand it would be a smart decision - if she wins FC this year she may give up her place to other girls - there are so many deserving Russians wishing to play there, let they win too and Nastya to prepare her schedule free and smarter than this summer

I guess she can leave the team without having to feel guilty or whatever, you´re right, on the one hand there are plenty of brilliant russian girls (you could do at least four good teams out of it), on the other side, she really needs a good schedule without Tier IIIs and three tourneys in a row. Sounds kinda selfish, but she doesn´t need all that anylonger being one of the tour´s superstars. Her name´s not Lleyton "I just want to focuse on playing Davis Cup, who cares about being number one?" Hewitt. One the other side...Nastya says a lot if the day is long enough, so maybe we shouldn´t rely on this;)

You know I have the weird feeling that Nastya actually has a good shot tomorrow against Lindz...yeah I do (even though I am more of a pessimistic type of person). There´s something about this semifinal, I can feel it :cool:

Spunky83
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the report. Nastya good luck vs. Lindsay, have a feeling Lindsay won't win the Kremlin Cup.

See, I am not the only one... :lick:

Do we have the chance that the russian crowd will clap and cheer on Lindz´ serve faults? Right back at you americans;)...not to be taken seriously

Spunky83
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Yes Spunky her mum has made compreeses with iodine and salt (and "all sorts of vilenesses" from another interview) for her throat.

But you can do it Nastya, Russia, Moscow, Yeltsin, we all believe in you:yeah: Russians never give up! Don't allow that American :devil: to triumph in Moscow!

I can´t believe how good my russian is :lol:. That´s sweet. I could have also made an only-child joke about it ;)

BTW there´s not only russia behind her, but also a little chinese girl in Germany :kiss:...

PS: Can anyone tell me how the matchpoint looked like? I was at work (following livescore at the computer is much more nerv-wrecking that actually watching live) and I´ve set my VCR, but missed the last three minutes...I guess next time I will just take like four hours into consideration for one match, just to be sure :angel:

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:50 PM
See, I am not the only one... :lick:

Do we have the chance that the russian crowd will clap and cheer on Lindz´ serve faults? Right back at you americans;)...not to be taken seriously
I try to get into an optimistic mood too. You can see the placard I posted - Nastya should battle tomorrow like her compatriots in the Great Patriotic War.

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 09:05 PM
I can´t believe how good my russian is :lol:. That´s sweet. I could have also made an only-child joke about it ;)

BTW there´s not only russia behind her, but also a little chinese girl in Germany :kiss:...

PS: Can anyone tell me how the matchpoint looked like? I was at work (following livescore at the computer is much more nerv-wrecking that actually watching live) and I´ve set my VCR, but missed the last three minutes...I guess next time I will just take like four hours into consideration for one match, just to be sure :angel:Lol are you a Chinese girl? But your name (Eve?) doesn't sound Chinese:confused: BTW an old boy from Bulgaria is behind her too.:)

About the MP - it was 4 stroke point, Nastya hit not very strong DTL, Vera wasn't too embarrassed but hit 1 m out. Nastya lost her previous 3 MP with similar mistakes and the first one she received after a very questionable call that frustrated Vera a lot.

Nastyafan
Oct 15th, 2004, 11:27 PM
LenaD. about Nastya's driving:
А Настя Мыскина сейчас очень хорошо водит машину, хотя поначалу я боялась, когда она меня подвозила. Просто Настя ездит точно так же, как играет на корте: «А, пройдет», - и в решающий момент резанет сумасшедший удар. На дороге же: «А, проскочим на желтый!» - и жмет на газ.:lol: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):lol: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Maybe Jens doesn't allow Nastya driving reasonably:unsure: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 12:47 AM
I don't know what more to say about the organizers or whoever the hell makes that f... schedule:devil:
Nastya again the last match on Friday and the first at noon on Sunday against:devil: .
Why do they do that to her even in Moscow?:confused: :fiery: :devil:

Epigone
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Nastya lost her previous 3 MP with similar mistakes and the first one she received after a very questionable call that frustrated Vera a lot.Do you think that ball was long or not?

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Do you think that ball was long or not?I have it taped but still difficult to say. It looks like on the line to me but considering Vera's and the crowd's reaction maybe it has been out.:unsure:

I won't be able to watch the match live. Please Nastya surprise me pleasantly. Save the Russian cup for Russians(and for yourself of course)!:kiss: :yeah:

Daniel
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Good luck!!! :kiss: :bounce: :worship:

I hope she beats Lindsay, but looks hard for her, anyways, two semis in a row is fine for me :D

Emptiness
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:40 AM
You know I have the weird feeling that Nastya actually has a good shot tomorrow against Lindz...yeah I do (even though I am more of a pessimistic type of person). There´s something about this semifinal, I can feel it :cool:I really don't know if she can pull it off.. she'd have to suddenly find a game plan that works and execute flawlessly it. Thats a lot to ask for especially when she says she only makes up a game plan the day before. I'd be really surprised if she won.

If she does win she better win the whole tournament! Or else it'll be like JenJenJCap beating Serena only to lose to Anastasia the girl with "no weapons".

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/moscow/f_23.jpg
Hey Boris, i think you're a little confused... her face is a little higher up. :rolleyes::tape:

Daniel
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:47 AM
hehehe nice pci Fragance, yeah lets see how she does, hope Boris supports her and maybe she can do something extraordinary to beat Davenport

Epigone
Oct 16th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Nastya defeated Lindsay 6-4 7-6 :eek:

A great win! Good luck in the final :yeah:

Now back up and make the doubles final as well ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 16th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Nastya into final again :hearts:
what guts/determination shown :D :)

6-4 7-6(1) :bounce: :kiss: :hearts: :D :)
well done Nastya ;) :D

Nastya's sister
Oct 16th, 2004, 10:39 AM
What a fantastic match from Nastya!!
I am sooo happy right now that I believe I can fly. This was what I wanted sooo badly.

Go Nastya! Good Luck in the final!

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I really don't know if she can pull it off.. she'd have to suddenly find a game plan that works and execute flawlessly it. Thats a lot to ask for especially when she says she only makes up a game plan the day before. I'd be really surprised if she won.

If she does win she better win the whole tournament! Or else it'll be like JenJenJCap beating Serena only to lose to Anastasia the girl with "no weapons".

Ahhhh...Fragrance...don´t you ever have doubts about my "feelings and thoughts" again :angel:

Great game by Nastya, it was such an important match for her. I am sooo happy that the Oly**** is in the past now. Would have been much nicer to see Nastya winning against a fit and healthy Lindz, but well...doesn´t matter.

Yes!!! :bounce:

I´m glad she bought the book "How to get a decent first serve overnight" :eek:

Emptiness
Oct 16th, 2004, 10:40 AM
I really don't know if she can pull it off.. she'd have to suddenly find a game plan that works and execute flawlessly it. Thats a lot to ask for especially when she says she only makes up a game plan the day before. I'd be really surprised if she won.http://xs.to/pics/04103/smilie-eatshit.gif

I'm so happy. http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-rock.gif

t_fan
Oct 16th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Great win Nastya :yeah:
A breakthrough win one can say. I hope it contributes a lot to the mental recovery.

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Lol are you a Chinese girl? But your name (Eve?) doesn't sound Chinese:confused: BTW an old boy from Bulgaria is behind her too.:)

About the MP - it was 4 stroke point, Nastya hit not very strong DTL, Vera wasn't too embarrassed but hit 1 m out. Nastya lost her previous 3 MP with similar mistakes and the first one she received after a very questionable call that frustrated Vera a lot.

Yeah, my parents are from Hong Kong, but we are living in Germany now, I was born here as well. My name´s Yee Wah (pronounced like Iva Majoli), but when I was like 15 years old or something a friend gave me that nickname Eve...how do you know my name (though it was the wrong one) in the first place?

And thanks for the driving part...wouldn´t have imagined Nastya to be such an agressive driver, but lol at Elena saying that she drives like she plays.
According to her she must have driven like that girl Cameron Diaz plays in "My best friend´s wedding" :lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:32 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Nastya, Nastenka, Nastjushka I love you:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I'm so happy! :worship: :angel: :aparty: Thank you very very very much:bowdown: :kiss: :hearts:

But now I will watch the tape and will speak later:bounce:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Wow! Such an impressive win!

Congratulations!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:43 AM
I'm so happy! Thank you very very very much
Remember, I told you after she lost in Bali that just give her a bit more time and she'll be back strongly. And see, you don't even have to wait until 2005.

Congratulations to all Nastya fans!!

Daniel
Oct 16th, 2004, 12:39 PM
well done Nastya, now take care of Elena in the final.

Now win the title , your 3rd title in 2004 , second title in Moscow and 9th in your wonderful career

Vamos Anastasia!!!! :worship: :clap2: :yeah:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041016/capt.xmj10510161129.russia_kremlin_cup_xmj105.jpg

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Doha = Title succesfully defended
Moscow = Title succesfully defended ?

COME ON!!!

@Nastyafan: OMG...finally! I guess I can stop calling you Mr. Pessimistic now!

Daniel
Oct 16th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Hope she does defend Moscow, it is so important for her, it is a Tier I and a win could give her so much confidence , before going to play LA Championships :yeah:

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I think I will watch Nastya's matches only on tape from now on. It's much easier:worship: watching the silly errors and bad line calls when you know she has won. I probably would have get mad especially with these line calls. I can't believe it happens in Moscow. I think Nastya or LenaD. said in a interview that Russian linesmen have a strange trend to support the foreign player - maybe a strange Russian hospitality:confused:.
But Nastya was on fire today:yeah:. Funny the first straight set win in her last 8 matches against:devil: . And she was broken only twice - after an obvious bad line call and after unclear umpire's overrule:mad:
But why doesn't she show more positive emotions? That was a huge win for her, the hugest after RG, this was a second breakthrough for her - beating the player whom she has never taken a set after so difficult and disappointing period in front of her family and friends. Tomorrow she will play her friend again and we won't see much happiness even if she wins. Maybe only when Boris hugs her:angel: I want to see your happiness Nastya!:worship: :kiss: :banana: :inlove: :aparty: :yippee:

Emptiness
Oct 16th, 2004, 01:52 PM
You're such a puss NegFan. :p
Maybe its just me but i think one of the most fun aspects of being a tennis fan is yelling at the tv/computer and having your favourites put you through nervous breakdowns. The emotion it causes. Don't you know what you're missing?!

;)

Btw doubles has started.

KV
Oct 16th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Great Nastya you provided an all Russian final :D :)

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah, my parents are from Hong Kong, but we are living in Germany now, I was born here as well. My name´s Yee Wah (pronounced like Iva Majoli), but when I was like 15 years old or something a friend gave me that nickname Eve...how do you know my name (though it was the wrong one) in the first place?I'm an telepathist, don't you know?;) Seriously I have seen that name at least 2 times - I think you had signed so some letter to Nastya and in PM.:)

@Nastyafan: OMG...finally! I guess I can stop calling you Mr. Pessimistic now!Yea you can, you see I'm in a positive mood from yesterday. In return if Nastya wins tomorrom and makes at least a final in LA I will forgive Justine completely:)

JLDementieva
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:06 PM
YES!! I'm so so excited!! :woohoo: I knew that Nastya would come back strong at the Kremlin!! :bounce: Now it's my dream final! :hearts:

goldenlox
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I knew if she was going to beat Davenport, it would be in Moscow.
Now an all Russian KC final. It shows how far Russian tennis has improved over the last few years.

Unbelievable!!:bounce: :banana: :singer: :music: :music: :rocker2: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :woohoo:

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Would have been much nicer to see Nastya winning against a fit and healthy Lindz, but well...doesn´t matter.When was the last time you saw :devil: losing "fit and healthy", seriously I don't remember (that's one of the reasons I hate her). I can say that's the healtiest her loss a long time ago - at least she didn't ask a medical timeout and didn't limp. Don't you know that there are 3 Americans who never lose without injuries, biased umpires or beating themselves:lol:

goldenlox
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:22 PM
The finals of a Tier I are a lot of points. So winning this next match will put Nastya back in position to finish the year at world #2, and Russian #1.

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:23 PM
You're such a puss NegFan. :p
Maybe its just me but i think one of the most fun aspects of being a tennis fan is yelling at the tv/computer and having your favourites put you through nervous breakdowns. The emotion it causes. Don't you know what you're missing?!

;)

Btw doubles has started.
Probably I'm a crazy fan but the fun watching Nastya live is nothing compared to the wrecking of my nerves. I wonder how many fans want their favs to make thrilling matches. I would like every Nastya's match to be : 24 Aces for her and 24 DF for her opponent (or retirement):lol:

Natasc
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:29 PM
What a sweet friendship. After won the match against Bovina, Nastya went to the encounter of Alyona and the two talked and they laughed together :drool: . So sweet :kiss:

A friend of my post this picture I hope you liked:
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041016/i/r1134480869.jpg

Ps: Kuzna need to learn with Nastya how to be a person with "class", educated.

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Yea Nastya - Lena - true friendship forever:hug: :inlove:
the dream final for second time this year:angel:
too bad one has to lose:sad:

goldenlox
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I think this will be a lot tougher than the FO final. Lena is playing better, handling the pressure better.
Nastya has to fight, and she will.

:singer: :boxing: :banana: :D

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:47 PM
LOL...hahaha...is someone watching the doubles match at the moment?

Nastya just totally freaked out, smashed her racket to the ground, it bounced up, she caught it just to smash it again, this time with more power like four metres away from her. Vera had to pick it up for her...I hope she will stay calm tomorrow!!!

Emptiness
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I think it all comes down to bad driving vs. unusual appreciation for cactus.
Now bad driving can be very disastrous but so can a thick cactus needle in the right place. :eek:

I hope this year's reward is better than last year's. :scared:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041013/capt.xmj10910131414.russia_kremlin_cup_xmj109.jpg

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:53 PM

Oh yeah...thank God I am not at home this weekend, otherwise my mother would have laughed her ass off again when I am watching Nastya play and occasionally just scream at the tv set and throwing things around :lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Мыскина безумно хотела выиграть
16.10.2004 18:43 Анастасия Мыскина считает, что победила Линдсэй Дэвенпорт в сегодняшнем полуфинале "Кубка Кремля" за счет огромного желания. "Во-первых, я выиграла потому, что безумно хотела выиграть, - рассказала россиянка. - Плюс к этому, я уже вылечиваюсь от насморка, а Линдсэй только-только приболела. Да и покрытие на кортах "Олимпийского" для нее не слишком удобно".

Nastya you are so nice girl:angel: . I would have mentioned something about her temptation;)

Verba
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Nastya/Vera won 6:4 6:7 6:4.
Two finals for Nastena! Congratulations!

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Yay!!! Doubles final again!!!

Who was the last player who won a Tier I both singles and doubles???

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:27 PM
:woohoo: Nastya /Vera:yeah: :hug:
but how were you able to lose the second set. :smash:Now Nastya could be too tired for tomorrow :scared:

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:42 PM
:woohoo: Nastya /Vera:yeah: :hug:
but how were you able to lose the second set. :smash:Now Nastya could be too tired for tomorrow :scared:

She won´t, the excitement to play finals in her hometown will push her up to 201%!!!

goldenlox
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:50 PM
This match is huge. Just as big as the FO final, and the Olympic semifinal.
I think if Anastasia wins this, she will have a big YEC, and finish as world #2 and Russian #1.

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:51 PM
She won´t, the excitement to play finals in her hometown will push her up to 201%!!!
I know this, therefore Moscow was my big hope and I'm more optimistic last 2 days, but still the human posibilities have a limit:scared:

Verba
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Last year Nastya plyed bad in the doubles final.

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:55 PM
http://info-images.rambler.ru/pubd/2004/10/16/0005165845/b_68520.small.jpg (http://www.rambler.ru/db/sport/simg.html?s=236&mid=5165845&n=0) Мыскина в ожидании финала с Дементьевой
16.10.2004 17:14 | © РТР-Спорт.Ru

После своей победы в полуфинале Кубка Кремля над американкой Линдсей Дэвенпорт Анастасия Мыскина в шутку сказала журналистам: "Может быть, мне помогло то, что Линси только начала болеть, а я уже заканчиваю". "На самом деле мне очень хотелось выиграть, - продолжала Настя. - В начале я даже чуть перенапряглась, мне никак не удавалось расслабиться и кое-что не получалось так, как я хотела. Обычно в трудных ситуациях матча я реагирую достаточно эмоционально на обидные проигрыши и все же когда наступают решающие моменты, я замолкаю. Может мне это и помогает. Это не врожденные способности, это приобретаешь с опытом". Мыскина выбила из сетки последнюю нероссийскую теннисистку и теперь абсолютно ясно, что финал Кубка Кремля-2004 будет чисто российским. О будущей сопернице Настя сказала так: "Мне интереснее было бы сыграть с Дементьевой. Не думаю, что это будет повторение финала на Ролан Гаррос, ведь Лена изменилась в лучшую сторону по сравнению с весной, напомню что с тех пор она играла еще в одном финале "Большого шлема" - на US Open. У нее заметно улучшилась подача, думаю, что в финале будет очень сложно. Хотя Дементьева и Бовина еще не сыграли между собой, я жду победы первой. Но может по-другому считает Бовина?" Как сообщает из "Олимпийского" корреспондент РТР-Спорт.Ru, Линдсей Дэвенпорт после проигранного полуфинала подтвердила, что накануне простыла: "Я не могла играть в полную силу, я много ошибалась в неподходящие моменты. Голова болела, грудь всю сдавило, дыхание сбивалось. Конечно, наступает разочарование, когда проигрываешь. Но в целом я смотрю на свою поездку в Москву позитивно. Я рада, что оказалась в России, что попыталась победить, что здесь я вновь стала первой ракеткой мира. Но не всегда получается абсолютно все". Линдсей также сообщила свои планы на конец сезона: "Я предварительно записалась на турниры в Цюрихе и итоговый чемпионат в Лос-Анджелесе. Но я не знаю, как буду себя чувствовать. Также пока я не планирую играть за сборную США в Кубке Федерации. Возвращаясь к Кубку Кремля, скажу, что я второй раз здесь. И никаких претензий к организатором нет, публика принимает нас очень хорошо, у них большое воодушевление, связанное, наверное, с тем, что так много способных русских теннисисток играет в туре. То, что зрители болеют за своих, это нормально. И к судейству претензий нет, судьи везде работают примерно одинаково. Если я продолжу карьеру в будущем году, то, возможно, вновь приеду в Россию".

cool_olga
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:58 PM
It was awesome :) To be there and cheer with crowd, it was crazy out there.
I have to say on conference it was the happiest Nastya I have ever seen. I don't know how she was after french Open but today she couldn't take smile from her face :yeah:

Good luck in both finals, I thik she will win them :D

goldenlox
Oct 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
If Anastasia wins, she will be almost equal in 2004 points with Sveta and Amelie, in the race for world #2.
And this is the perfect opponent for Nastya, she knows Lena's game very well.

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
I know this, therefore Moscow was my big hope and I'm more optimistic last 2 days, but still the human posibilities have a limit:scared:

Yeah, like Kryptonite and Superman ( :rolleyes: at me).

Hey Ola, it must have been awesome for you the last past days!!! Thanks for being one of the people who cheered so amazingly for Nastya today. I think it really helped a lot! What´s even better was that you got to see Lindz, a player you´ve always admired.

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Hey Ola, I began to wory about you:scared: (not really, I read your reports on inside-tennis:) ) You didn't travel so far in vain did you?:yeah: I would like to see that happy Nastya at pressconference, I hope you have made many pics. And again why she never makes something weird on court when she is happy, can't she at least to throw the racket or to kneel ?:crazy:
Well, Nastya express your emotions when and where you like, just win win win!!!:kiss: :yeah:

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Настя Мыскина – неумолимая как судьба
http://www.gotennis.ru/img/Myskin22.jpg

Настя Мыскина, неумолимая как судьба, приближается к своему второму званию «Кремлевской царицы». Сегодня она хладнокровно и методично замотала первую ракетку мира американку Линдсей Дэвенпорт 6:4, 7:6. Эта первая победа Мыскиной над Дэвенпорт, до этого американка выиграла пять матчей из пяти, причем все в двух сетах. Уезжая, Дэвенпорт предположила, что именно Мыскина имеет лучшие шансы на победу в финале: «Дело в том, что Анастасия выглядит уверенно в матчах со своими соотечественницами и большинство из них выигрывает. Здесь у нее небольшой моральный перевес».

Матч был нервным, самочувствие у нее и у меня не самое хорошее, - поделилась после матча Настя, - Мне, наверное, помогло то, что я уже выздоравливаю, а она только начинает болеть. На руку было и довольно медленное покрытие Центрального корта, оно затягивает розыгрыш очка, а Линдсей этого не любит. К тому же мне просто безумно хотелось выиграть.

Общение с судьями у вас было очень плотным...
Когда много нервных моментов, всегда хочется с кем-то поговорить, на корте вокруг только судьи, только с ними и можно побеседовать, поэтому к ним и обращаешься.
Начала встречу не очень здорово. Была перенапряжена и из-за этого не клеилась игра, но победа в первом сете раскрепостила.

1:3 во втором сете, проигранная подача...
Момент был неприятный, я немного расслабилась, а потом пришла мысль, что она должно быть волнуется больше меня поскольку первый сет выиграла я и это она меня догоняет, а не я ее. Эта мысль помогла правильно настроиться.

Если в матчах завязывается борьба, то вы чаще всего выходите из нее победителем, как настраиваетесь на важные моменты?
Обычно я достаточно эмоционально реагирую на все моменты матча, но на важные очки я просто замолкаю, перестаю с собой разговаривать и это мне помогает.

Это приобретенное или врожденное качество?
Это приходит с опытом, чем чаще оказываешься в сложных ситуациях на корте, тем лучше знаешь, как себя в них вести и что тебе помогает, а что - наоборот.

Изменилась ли и в какую сторону игра вашей возможной соперницы по финалу Лены Дементьевой со времен вашего парижского финала?
Ленина игра изменилась, конечно, в лучшую сторону, улучшилась подача, к тому же ей нравится это покрытие, но девочки еще не закончили играть.

В Москве вы демонстрируете нам не виданные ранее теннисные халатики, на ум приходят ассиметричные рукава Мартины Хингис пятилетней давности...
Наши модельеры все время пытаются привнести что-то новое на корты и на этот раз предложили такие халатики. Мы в них не играем – только выходим на корт и разминаемся непосредственно перед матчем. Мне они кажутся довольно симпатичными. Каждой ведущей теннисистке модельеры подбирают цвет формы, который ей идет.

На Кубке Кремля вы продолжаете выступать и в паре тоже, в прошлом году вы были в финале одиночного и парного разряда, удаются ли золотые дубли на других турнирах?
Нет, только на Кубке Кремля, вы сами понимаете почему.

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 06:52 PM
"implacable as the fate" - I like this:worship:

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Hey Ola, I began to wory about you:scared: (not really, I read your reports on inside-tennis:) ) You didn't travel so far in vain did you?:yeah: I would like to see that happy Nastya at pressconference, I hope you have made many pics. And again why she never makes something weird on court when she is happy, can't she at least to throw the racket or to kneel ?:crazy:
Well, Nastya express your emotions when and where you like, just win win win!!!:kiss: :yeah:

Ohhh...no, you just made me thinking about why she wasn´t all that excited after the matchpoint in France, because she didn´t want to hurt Elena´s feelings. And N-Fan...kneeling down and throw away the racket? She´s not Justine! :lol: If she wins this one tomorrow, she should just celebrate on court with full power :bounce:...Elena will understand (she would certainly bearhug her mother and after that all the cactuses she brought along with her in her bag)

Be happy, don´t worry :lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Ohhh...no, you just made me thinking about why she wasn´t all that excited after the matchpoint in France, because she didn´t want to hurt Elena´s feelings. And N-Fan...kneeling down and throw away the racket? She´s not Justine! :lol: If she wins this one tomorrow, she should just celebrate on court with full power :bounce:...Elena will understand (she would certainly bearhug her mother and after that all the cactuses she brought along with her in her bag)

Be happy, don´t worry :lol:No, tomorrow Nastya won't show any emotions, she plays Lena again. Today was the perfect day - she beat her Nemesis, not her friend. I wonder will Elena be so quiet if she wins - she threw the racket and screamed after beating Sveta.

Natasc
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I think Lena will be quiet if she wins. 'Cause Nastya is her friend and (bitch) Sveta no. Like I said before, Alyona and Nastya have a nice friendship :kiss:

The execution of hands in the net between Lena and Kuzna was terrible, Kuzna badly looked at Lena :o Bad loser :fiery:

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I know they are great friends but still I think she is more emotional, extravertive type and I expect her to express her emotions somewhat. Nothing wrong.
But it's Nastya's forum and I should expect her to win:worship:

Spunky83
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:23 PM
http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=international_feed/04/10/16/TENNIS_Rus-Moscow.html

Interesting capture under that pic...I award the guy who wrote this one the second price right after the US Open´04 title of that match-report after the first round published on the tourney´s official homepage ("Cervanova Bitten Badly By a Myskina") :worship: :lol: ....I love those two-way captures

Nastyafan
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Nastya too hot for D. is as to say the fire is too hot to the ice:fiery:
and "a battle of tennis heavyweights" is as to call both David and Goliat heavyweights:scratch:

bubble
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Press release October 16, 2004

A lot of people believed in Anastasia's victory. Myskina played at the "Kremlin Cup" tournament with such sense of self-assurance, that it was absolutely evident that the stretch of unlucky tournaments that started at the 2004 Olympics is over and done with. And that was why her success in the match vs. the No.1 player in the world top ranking was expected. Myskina defeated Davenport - 6/4, 7/6 (1).
Anastasia was extremely open at the press-conference:
- I was longing for victory. And I'm happy I've done it. Besides Lindsay have just fallen into the illness and I'm recovering.
Davenport told the journalists that "she was not ready for the game for 100 per cent. That was why I was always trying to be as fast as possible at every point of the game. And I was making too many errors at the wrong time. It was evident that the guest of Moscow didn't feel herself at ease. And Davenport confirmed the observation:
- I have tough time with my chest and with my head.
She declared that the public and the judges were not to be blamed for her defeat saying that it was only natural that the home crowd supported the compatriots. In Lindsay opinion the "Kremlin Cup" tournament in which she is participating for the second year running is very well organized and Davenport doesn't exclude the possibility of coming back to Moscow next year.

:D Really glad that Myskina has finally overcame her Olympics demons.

JLDementieva
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:07 AM
I think that any kind of emotions would be understandable, as long as they both show respect. And we all know that they both have a lot of respect for each other :D

peanuts
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:44 AM
i was quite touched when i read from europort.com that nastya went to the court after lenaD's win against bovina to congratulate her. with all the the catfights on the tour, its nice to know that these two are still good friends :) ;)

btw im still quite surprised to know that nastya has finally beaten lindsay. i wanted this to happen but i didn't give it much hope. this is really cool! two of my fave russians in the finals. this has to be the dream final for this tourney :) :woohoo:

Daniel
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Go Nastya!!! :worship: Vamos!!!! :D :bounce:

Daniel
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:26 AM
from 3-5 donw she won the 1st set 7-5 :clap2:

Vamos Anastasia, dale!!! :worship: :worship: :bounce: :kiss:

Daniel
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Nastya won the match 7-5 6-0!!!Congratulations :worship: :worship: :bounce: :kiss:

t_fan
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Congrats Nastya!

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:55 AM
:aparty: :banana: :aparty: THE CELEBRATION MAY BEGIN:aparty: :banana: :aparty:

:worship: :dance: :woohoo: :rocker: :inlove: :rolls: :music: :yippee: :bigclap: :clap2: :bounce: :hearts:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Nastya :) well done on defending your title
congrats :) :D :)

just too solid and got better and better

TartarVicario
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Congrats Ana :yeah:.You are still the real No.1 russian player :worship:

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:25 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Nastyaaaaaaaa!!!!

Congratulations!!!

:worship: :D :worship: :D :worship: :D :worship: :D :worship: :D

Ui, that was just amazing, great shots, great coordination, great lobs(!), but the most impressive thing: Run Nastya, run!!! Haven´t seen her running so fast for months :woohoo:

I am sooo happy that this year has a happy ending after all...happily ever after :kiss:

BTW: I give a :kiss: to the poster who can tell me what both of the players said in their speeches (couldn´t hear the translation)!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Congratulations on successfully defending the title!

Nastya played so well - Lena D and Masha S still need to find way to beat her.

Emptiness
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Happy happy, joy joy.
That sums me up right about now.

Congratulations. Now bring home the doubles title with Vera!

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Wow that was really fantastic magnificent, that was Nastya at her best:cool: and the 1st set was the best tennis I have ever seen(maybe becaus there were my 2 biggest favs).
Nastya was like a bullet-proof wall in defence, and like a sniper in offence. Her DTL, lobs, passing shots were just amazing. And what a briliant tactic changing the pace and the direction of the shots. She slowly but methodically imposed her style of play and crushed Elena's spirit and resistant strenght. "Implacable like the fate":) .
As I expected there were no emotional outbursts (and especially after Elena finishing with DF:sad: ) Only the scene with Boris was cute but even it was more restrained than last year. And ES didn't show the ceremony:mad:
But of course the most important is that Nastya defended her title and did it in style, she completely restored her confidence, she is happy again, she knows that nothing is impossible! She knows that when she wants something badly, when she is motivated and focused enough no one could stop her. She believed again that she could be the best.
Congrats for the great win girl and thank you for the wonderful emotions I experienced this week. Now celebrate your win, enjoy with the family and friends and then be ready for the next peaks ahead of you! :kiss: :bowdown: :bigclap: :yeah: :inlove:

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:54 AM
BTW: I give a :kiss: to the poster who can tell me what both of the players said in their speeches (couldn´t hear the translation)!Where did you hear the speeches?
oops maybe here.. i completely forgot that i could watch the ceremony here (at least to hear because my conection isn't so fast:fiery: :banghead:

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:13 PM
I know you guys don´t want to hear of Justine right now, but HOW FUCKING AMAZING (sorry) would it be to have a final between those two with Nastya winning that one?!?!
All or nothing! I know N-Fan, you won´t want to hear this;)

She finally won against Lindz and with a win over Justine in the last final of the year, making her the worldchampion 2004...that´s the best year ending you can have!

Epigone
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Congratulations to Nastya! :)

I hope that she can now play a great doubles match to take that title as well

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:23 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041017/i/r653648443.jpg

How long did we have to wait for this big, big, big smile??? Brilliant :kiss:
AWESOME

Greenout
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Wow. I've got something to look forward to now for the YEC, since
the race to #1 seems to have opened up with LD a no show in Zurich
now.

Does anyone think AM can sneak of a finish at #1 by winning Zurich,
and at least getting to the finals of the YEC?

Epigone
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Does anyone think AM can sneak of a finish at #1 by winning Zurich, and at least getting to the finals of the YEC?Nastya isn't playing Zurich :)

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:42 PM
I know you guys don´t want to hear of Justine right now, but HOW FUCKING AMAZING (sorry) would it be to have a final between those two with Nastya winning that one?!?!
All or nothing! I know N-Fan, you won´t want to hear this;)

She finally won against Lindz and with a win over Justine in the last final of the year, making her the worldchampion 2004...that´s the best year ending you can have!

Damn, Justine is not even playing the YEC...where´s my head???
So I guess, Lindz will be the main opponent, esp. in the US...why the heck is it in the US???

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Wow. I've got something to look forward to now for the YEC, since
the race to #1 seems to have opened up with LD a no show in Zurich
now.

Does anyone think AM can sneak of a finish at #1 by winning Zurich,
and at least getting to the finals of the YEC?

Hehe...I just thought how cool it would have been if Nastya plays Zurich (Tier I - points, points, points) instead of Linz (Tier II), but I think it was a wise decision not to appear in Zurich, she shoudln´t play that much and I am pretty sure, nastya can win Linz (highest ranked player Vera), so there´ll be plenty of points anyway.

KV
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Congratulations for defending your KC title. :) :D

cool_olga
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:10 PM
i was quite touched when i read from europort.com that nastya went to the court after lenaD's win against bovina to congratulate her. with all the the catfights on the tour, its nice to know that these two are still good friends
Well she went there because she had to be at Yeltsin's ceremony :lol:

Great day today :woohoo:
Nastya won kremlin cup, the best thing that could be, she's amazing :)
Report with few quotes here:
http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=485

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Yea I said earlier that the best schedule for Nastya would have been Moscow-Zurich-Linz-LA, not Bali and Filderstadt. You see how weaken the draw in Zurich, it could have been easy back to back tier 1 titles for her and returning in the race for #1. But on the other hand she needs time to celebrate her triumph and enjoy in Moscow now.:bounce: :aparty: :drink:
btw, where is :drink: ?

Nastya's sister
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Yippie! This was a fantastic victory! Nastya played so good today - can't remember when I saw her like this.

I hope she's really pleased with herself now. She really deserved this title!!

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Hahaha...Nastya just hit the umpire with a very amazingly hard mishit...good shot!!!

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Grr I can't see video
Nastya/Vera came back from 0-3 but missed chances to break again at 4-4 and lost the set 4-6:fiery:
Fight girls:yeah:

Epigone
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Bepa/Nastya defeated the #1 seeds 6-3 4-6 6-2 to take the title :woohoo:

Congratulations to Nastya and Vera on their 1st Tier I doubles title!

Nastya's sister
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Incredible!! They won. I guess Nastya really is the Queen of Moscow right now!
I'm very happy for Vera as well, nice that they could do this together!

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:52 PM
:woohoo: Nastya/Vera won 6-3 4-6 6-2
Well done girls:hug:
and Nastya undisputable Moscow queen (empress):angel:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Nastya was in giggles after her speech
i lost my sound :mad: ....... must have been a funny joke :tape:

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Ohaaaa....it was sooo good to see Nastya laughing and joking all the way through the trophey presentation, so sweet. Why did she laugh at all?

It´s like the past two months are totally forgotten. I am sooo happy for her (and of course for Ola!!!).

Epigone
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I think that she was laughing because Vera said something funny.

Before Vera spoke, I think they were trying to decide who would speak first. I think that Nastya wanted it to be Vera, and Vera wanted it to be Nastya :D

Emptiness
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:12 PM
What a way to consolidate the Athens loss.
It's great to see Nastya deal with and overcome the pressure to defend. Hopefully she will just keep improving and experience her dream of #1, an acceptable time at #1 though.

Now if Andreev/Davydenko win it'll be a Russian blowout.

JLDementieva
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Big Congrats to Nastya!! She is back and kicking butts! :bounce:

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I think that she was laughing because Vera said something funny.

Before Vera spoke, I think they were trying to decide who would speak first. I think that Nastya wanted it to be Vera, and Vera wanted it to be Nastya :D

Yeah, noticed that too;)...Nastya was practically shoving Vera to the microphone, why not? She stood there already earlier.

Yep, yep...this is the day which makes up for the last couple of weeks!!!

Where´s Decky by the way? Certainly he drank so much to celebrate Nastya´s double win, he can´t stand up anymore... :tape: :lol:

goldenlox
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Nastya :) well done on defending your title
congrats :) :D :)

just too solid and got better and better
Back to back Kremlin Cup titles. Next year Anastasia goes for a threepeat!:bounce: :hearts:

the cat
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Congrats to La Legs on winning the Ladies Kremlin Cup singles and doubles titles! :D :bounce: For that she deserves a double kiss! :kiss: :kiss:

It's incredible how Anastasia with her skinny arms owns the Russian girls like they were her little sisters! :eek: ;) But she understands how to play tennis and that's the main advantage she has over her bigger and stronger compatriots who try to overpower Ana.

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Of course I heard nothing from the speech, my connection is damn slow:mad:
But it's understandable they have laughed a lot, in moments like this everything is funny and beautiful:worship: :angel: .

Lol decky, if you are so drunk that can't write you can at least post some:drink: :drink: :drink:

La Legs - I like this, maybe La Eyes, La Body and La Brain too:inlove: :hearts: :lick:

beauty_is_pink
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:41 PM
congrats to the defending champ! :kiss:

goldenlox
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Not only did Anastasia win Moscow, but Lena D., Lindsay, Vera, and Lena L. was a difficult draw.
This is probably just as good, if not better, than her French Open win.
A lot of quality points this week.

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Not only did Anastasia win Moscow, but Lena D., Lindsay, Vera, and Lena L. was a difficult draw.
This is probably just as good, if not better, than her French Open win.
A lot of quality points this week.

Yeah, actually that´s funny...I kinda like feel happier than the day she won the FO. Maybe it´s because of the super slump she was in, but somehow...I don´t know, this victory today really was the best win ever, actually the most important one mentally, at least for me ;)

My parents who are the typical Steffi Graf-Era-tennis-fans even watched the match today though I wasn´t even at home. The weird thing is that they don´t even like Nastya. My father thinks she looks like a Vampire, my mother hates her on-court-outbursts, but somehow they sticked to the tv set through the whole match. They even called me after the first set, telling me they were watching. I´ve never seen them doing this. They were actually kinda fascinated by her game, just like a lot of posters around here. Of course they didn´t openly said it, but I had the feeling that they were amazed by the match.

This is definetly a magical day... :lol:

Emptiness
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:26 PM
What wrong with looking like a vampire? They're productive members of society, helping control over-population.

I agree with you this feels like a bigger win than FO mainly because it seems like Nastya has something to prove. Prove she does belong in the top five, prove that she does have weapons and doesn't just wait for other player's errors. I hope shes defends FO next year to cement that she isn't a fluke.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041017/i/r1132701220.jpg
http://www.kremlincup.ru/photo_new/17.10.04_16.jpg
:tape:

goldenlox
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Last year, when Nastya had to do something special to be Russian #1, she won Leipzig and Moscow.
When Anastasia has a challenge in front of her, she gives it her best effort.

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Grr Spunky, you have to open the eyes of your parents, especially your father, how could he think that, how couldn't a man see her beauty and sexual appeal :fiery: . Athough I think your mother is already a masked fan but doesn't admit it because of your father - if she taped that interview;)

But as Fragrance said I have nothing against her being Vampire drinking the blood of these who have too much - Davenport, Momo Williamses and all big babies:drink:

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't say this win is bigger than RG in terms of public recognition but definitely it came in very critical and important moment of her carreer to restore her confidence and to turn her career upward again therefore this win is maybe more important for her future

Dementinator
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Well as a Lena D fan Iam obviously upset that she couldnt win but congratulations Nastya you were too good today and if Lena had to lose I am glad it was you ,Lena will
win at somepoint of that I am certain but it wasnt today ,after the loses that Nastya has had it is great to see her back again and on form ,at least Lindsay didnt get this one!
Please go kind on Lena Nastya fans, she is a great player too, just not as good today
I look forward to their next match!! once again well done Nastya.
Righty then back over to Chateaux Dementieva for some ass kicking, Lena come here!!! oh forgot youre much bigger than me!!

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Grr Spunky, you have to open the eyes of your parents, especially your father, how could he think that, how couldn't a man see her beauty and sexual appeal :fiery: . Athough I think your mother is already a masked fan but doesn't admit it because of your father - if she taped that interview;)

Yeah...my mother...actually she said that her game´s like Hingis´...this has to be a good sign, right? ;)

My father always likes to say crappy things about my fave players (except about Justine), I think it´s my own fault, cause when I was younger I always cheered for Steffi´s biggest enemies (Hingis, Sanchez-Vicario, etc...). It´s payback-time for him... :lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the nice words Dementinator. You see I always cheer for Elena too and I think all Nastya's fans are kind to Elena as most Elena's (one big exception:devil: ) to Nastya. Our girls are undisputably the pretiest and the best on tour:angel: :hug: .

I understand Spunky it's your family jest. But calling her Vampire I wonder doesn't he dream to be bleeded by this Vampire;)

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I understand Spunky it's your family jest. But calling her Vampire I wonder doesn't he dream to be bleeded by this Vampire;)

:eek: ...I don´t wanna know and I think my mother wouldn´t want to know either...and no, my father´s dream has always been Steffi Graf.

Ok, let´s stop this discussion immediately!!! Or I have to vomit :tape:...thinking of parents in a sexual way is not good for me.

Where´s decky???

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Sorry Spunky, maybe a bit rude joke:tape:

Maybe :drink: is at some wedding again. He usually maries someone on holidays

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Мыскина: очень хотелось доказать, что прошлогодний титул не был случайностью
http://www.rian.ru/rian/i/dt.gif
17.10.04 16:48
http://www.rian.ru/aspx/cis.aspx?img_id=5933http://www.rian.ru/rian/i/dt.gifhttp://www.rian.ru/rian/i/dt.gifМОСКВА, 17 окт - РИА "Новости", Сергей Кузнецов. По словам Анастасии Мыскиной, своей нынешней победой на теннисном турнире "Кубок Кремля" она доказала, что прошлогодний титул не был случайностью.

"Каждый титул оценивается по-разному. Первый был труден, потому что был первым, а сейчас хотелось доказать, что прошлогодняя победа не была случайностью и что я заслужила заработанные очки", - сказала Мыскина на пресс-конференции в воскресенье после матча против Елены Дементьевой.

Анализируя ход матча, победительница "Кубка Кремля" отметила, что первые несколько геймов были очень нервными, и за блестящим розыгрышем следовала глупая ошибка.

"Однако потом я глубоко вздохнула и поняла, что это всего лишь игра, и в ней надо бороться до конца, - сказала Мыскина. - А во втором сете я заиграла более агрессивно, нашла свою игру, у меня многое стало получаться".

Таким образом, Мыскина стала двукратной чемпионкой "Кубка Кремля". В главном матче прошлогоднего турнира она нанесла поражение француженке Амели Моресмо.

Для Мыскиной этот трофей стал третьим в этом году и девятым за всю карьеру. Что касается Елены Дементьевой, то ей не удалось взять реванш у Мыскиной за поражение в финале Открытого чемпионата Франции-2004. На главном "земляном" турнире сезона Мыскина выиграла со счетом 6:1, 6:2.

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:47 PM
I think I have to ask Nastya's forgiveness.
Forgive me Nastya for my doubts, disbelief, negativism in last 2 months, that there were moments when I had lost almost any hope that you will be ever back. Actualy I have never doubt in your tennis abilities but I was afraid that this Olympic drama could crush you mentally, could destroy every desire for play and fight. But now I know you are a very strong girl and everything what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Now I'm sure that when you want something badly there is nothing and no one that can stop you, there is nothing impossible for you. You proved it defending all possible last years titles and I have a strong belief you will do the same in Paris too. And #1 wiill be inevitably yours. "Implacable like the fate" yea I really like this.:worship:
Once again: Forgive me, Nastya and thank you very very very much!:bowdown: :kiss: :inlove:

deckham
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:19 AM
I think I have to ask Nastya's forgiveness.
Forgive me Nastya for my doubts, disbelief, negativism in last 2 months, that there were moments when I had lost almost any hope that you will be ever back. Actualy I have never doubt in your tennis abilities but I was afraid that this Olympic drama could crush you mentally, could destroy every desire for play and fight. But now I know you are a very strong girl and everything what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Now I'm sure that when you want something badly there is nothing and no one that can stop you, there is nothing impossible for you. You proved it defending all possible last years titles and I have a strong belief you will do the same in Paris too. And #1 wiill be inevitably yours. "Implacable like the fate" yea I really like this.:worship:
Once again: Forgive me, Nastya and thank you very very very much!:bowdown: :kiss: :inlove:
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :bounce: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

nastyafan!!! i can't believe my eyes!!! :sad: You almost put me in tears with your gratitude and optimisim.... :hehehe: I'm kidding, it's just peachy... glad to see you have left the darkside.... :yeah:

I am extremely sorry for my absence spunky and nastyafan... i was out of town for the weekend (although not a wedding.. :lol: :drink: )... but i was always checking the results on ESPN and went absolutely bonkers when i saw that she had beaten davenport and ofcourse went insanely nuts when i saw she had won the entire tournament.... :worship:

I can't say I was shocked by her double because we all saw signs of her getting into her groove at filderstadt and up next was moscow.... the place where she wants to be. :) Such a happy time for nastya... I hope she will look back on this year as one of her most fun and successful years she's ever had, even with her 2 months dry spell (SHE STILL MADE THE SEMI OF THE OLYMPICS!!!!)... everybody gave her such a hard time after that.... she just needed some time to lick those wounds and now she's on top of the world again... :drool: just lovely... :kiss:

Ola, did you read the poem to her??? :lol: .. that would be amazing... then could you please give her my phone number so i can read it to her in person... ;) .... hope you had the best time over there ola, i'm sure it was a sight to see... just awesome.

See!! I'm writing again and everyone is asleep :sad: ... and now i must :drink: and celebrate nastya's win in my time zone because i'm partying on her behalf over here in the States... Nastya you have fans all over and i feel it's a privilege to be doing it on your behalf... CHEERS! :drink: (vodka) ... :lol: i'm such a fruitcake.. but i hope you all don't mind.... ;)

a guess a celabratory poem is in order... here goes...

MOSCOW AND NASTYA

Kremlin is through and the results are in
Nastya's fantastic, came through with a win.
Such pride in her tennis, amazing at what you do
Won not just in singles, but in doubles too.

Our hearts were just racing with every shot,
But we all had confidence, a tremendous lot.
Can't describe how we feel in this happy time
Well i just looked look stupid (like sucking on a lime).

You deserve this all, you're an angel in disguise
All that oppose you, you swat away like flies.
Alyona your opponent, such great friends you are
Still after beating her you'll both go to a bar.

My last verse was silly, i apologize; it stunk,
I might as well shut up or be hit with a skunk.
Anyways, i'm so happy, you've come back with full steam,
You're like a ray of light, a beautiful long beam.

So many stars in the sky, there should be one named for you
For your beauty, honesty and desire, and other things too.
You're smile comes often, and is a spectacular sight.
I hope for many more in the future, you do it just right.

We're still here again, behind you all the way
We won't leave at all, so many things to say.
We are lured here by your mystery, you are oh so charming.
Our reaction when you take the courst is very alarming... ;)

So run nastya run, keep going if you can
You are incredible and also very tan. :drool:
We are all so proud of the way you play
Once again, we're here, behind you all the way. :yeah:

:woohoo:

GO NASTYA!!! :drink:

Nastyafan
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Cheers Decky!:drink:
Yoy finaly crawl out again:D Yea this was a fantastic week. Too bad you wasn't here in the sublime moments to celebrate together:drink: :aparty: .
Yes I needed to say this. I was a blockhead with my dark thoughts. Even my letter was...:fiery: But I'm happy to take my words back:worship:

But now I won't be here for some time. I hope no more than a week but...:sad:
Gheer for lovely Nastya guys and gals, she deserves all our love:kiss: :hearts: :inlove: :wavey:

Daniel
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Nice pics Fragance :D

goldenlox
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Last year, when Nastya had to do something special to be Russian #1, she won Leipzig and Moscow.
When Anastasia has a challenge in front of her, she gives it her best effort.
Nastya got so many points winning the KC, she passed Sveta in 2004 points.
They are only about 40 apart.
So Nastya has to go as far as Sveta in L.A., and she will be Russian #1 for 3 straight years. Unless Lena D. wins it.

Emptiness
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Nice pics Fragance :DThanks. :lol:

Deckham you should really find a way to give Anastasia all your poems haha, i bet she'd have a laugh.

By the way.. Does anyone want the Kremlin matches? I have the finals and semis and Eurosport commentary. If theres enough demand i think ill fix them up and try uploading them.

Also a new article about the Athens incident.
http://iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=30&art_id=qw1098100624717B216
Moscow - Anastasia Myskina says she still has nightmares following her dramatic collapse against Justine Henin-Hardenne at the Olympic tennis tournament.

In Athens, Myskina was leading the then world number one 5-1 in the third set of their semi-final, but crumbled and allowed the Belgian, who had just returned to competition after a lengthy absence with a virus, to win the set 8-6 and take the match on her way to the Olympic gold medal.

"It was a nightmare. I couldn't sleep, waking up in the middle of the night for several days just thinking about that match," Myskina said during last week's Kremlin Cup.

Now, almost two months later, the Russian still has vivid memories from that match.

"I don't think I'll ever forget it, simply because it was my life-long dream to win the Olympic gold medal," she said.

"The Olympics mean more to me than even the grand slams," said Myskina, who became the first Russian woman to win a grand slam when she crushed Elena Dementieva in the French Open final in June.

"The Olympics come only once every four years while we have the grand slam tournaments four times in a year.

"That's why the Athens Games were the biggest thing for me this year and I was preparing for it more than anything else."

Myskina suffered a slump in form after Athens and was surprisingly knocked out of last month's US Open in the second round, losing to 17-year-old Russian qualifier Anna Chakvetadze.

"Yes, my form definately suffered after Athens," she said.

"But more than anything it was my mental state as I was still coming to terms with my Olympic failure.

"I wanted to win the gold medal so badly for myself and for my country ...because I don't know if I will be around to compete in the Beijing Games in 2008.

"But time heals any wounds, so I think eventually I'll be able to recover, although now I still have those nightmares from time to time."

Myskina, who is the world number three, said that winning tournaments will also help her overcome her Athens nightmares.

"Yes, winning definitely helps," she said after trouncing Dementieva again on Sunday to win the Moscow final - her first singles title since Athens.

"It helps you forget those painful memories."

Russian tennis chief Shamil Tarpishchev said his main concern is Myskina's psychological well-being as Russia begin their preparations for next month's Fed Cup semi-final against Austria in Moscow.

"She is still Russia's number one and her form could be the key to our chances to win the title," said Tarpishchev.

The Russian women, who now occupy four of the top-eight places in the latest WTA rankings, have never won the Fed Cup.

The final will also be held in Moscow, beginning two days after the semi-finals. Holders France will play Spain in the other match.

ys
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Nastya also commented on Elena D. omission from the team.. She said that lena has no conflict with team or coach, but that Nastya wants the team to stay the same in the final, because those are the players who earned it.. She also said that if Russia wins Fed Cup this year, she probably won't be playing Fed Cup next year..

the cat
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Ana thinks that Olympic tennis is more important than the grand slams. :( :rolleyes: And she's mistaken in think that. Tennis in the Olympics is not nearly as important an Olympic sport such as swimming and gymnastics. I wish someone would tell Ana this so she doesn't keep on having nightmares about Athens. :sad: If a sports greatest achiviement is winning an Olympic gold medal then it deserves to be in the Olympics. If not it doesn't in my opinion. And tennis' great achievement is winning a grand slam singles title and not an Olympic gold medal. And that is indesputable. I just wish Anastasia knew that. It's time for her to finally put Athens behind her but it doesn't sound like she's ready to put Athens behind her. :(

Spunky83
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks. :lol:

Deckham you should really find a way to give Anastasia all your poems haha, i bet she'd have a laugh.

By the way.. Does anyone want the Kremlin matches? I have the finals and semis and Eurosport commentary. If theres enough demand i think ill fix them up and try uploading them.

Thx for the offer, but this time I´ve made it to watch every single tourney-match of her (first time ever!!!).

There is no chance that you might have the San Diego SF vs. Vera from this year and the (I don´t even dare to say it...) Olympics SF-match? Don´t kill me N-Fan for this question...but I just want to know what the hell we are really talking about, sad as it is (as it was!) ;)

deckham
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Ana thinks that Olympic tennis is more important than the grand slams. :( :rolleyes: And she's mistaken in think that. Tennis in the Olympics is not nearly as important an Olympic sport such as swimming and gymnastics. I wish someone would tell Ana this so she doesn't keep on having nightmares about Athens. :sad: If a sports greatest achiviement is winning an Olympic gold medal then it deserves to be in the Olympics. If not it doesn't in my opinion. And tennis' great achievement is winning a grand slam singles title and not an Olympic gold medal. And that is indesputable. I just wish Anastasia knew that. It's time for her to finally put Athens behind her but it doesn't sound like she's ready to put Athens behind her. :(
I completely disagree with you on that cat... and i think it's absolutely ridiculous that most tennis players don't think that an olympic gold medal is the most important achievement in tennis. i don't know what's gotten into the minds of these modern day tennis players, but all of the greats (steffi graf, navratilova, davenport.... etc.) have all come out and said their greatest achievement was winning a gold medal at the olympics... and how can it not be?!?!!? as nastya said it perfectly.. it comes once every four years and you are playing on the world's largest forum... and on top of that you are representing your country. How one grand slam is better than an olympic gold medal is absolutely ridiculous... i'm so glad nastya thinks the same as I and the other greats who think the olympics is the biggest event.

deckham
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:03 PM
lol :lol: ... i wish i could give them to her too fragrance... i think they'd give her a smile... ;) :lick: :drink:

Thx for the offer, but this time I´ve made it to watch every single tourney-match of her (first time ever!!!).

There is no chance that you might have the San Diego SF vs. Vera from this year and the (I don´t even dare to say it...) Olympics SF-match? Don´t kill me N-Fan for this question...but I just want to know what the hell we are really talking about, sad as it is (as it was!) ;)
you don't need to see it spunky.... it was nasty.. exactly what you think it is... up 5-1 and then nervous breakdown, unforced errors.... that was it.... :sad: :bigcry: :sad:

the cat
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:00 PM
deckham, the Olympics had a watered down field and the grand slams do not. Some good players choose to skip the Olympics because it's not that important to them. Tennis is about the grand slams while sports with a great Olympic tradition like swimming, gymnastics and volleyball are great Olympic sports because a gold medal in the Olympics is the top goal and reward for the athletes in those sports. But that's not the case in tennis and tennis history proves that. Tennis is a seconday sport in the Olympics and it is treated as such. And tennis history says winning a gold medal in singles doesn't compare with winning a grand slam singles title.

And the worlds largest forum in tennis is Wimbledon not the Olympics. Gee I wonder if Martina Hingis would trade in any of her 5 grand slam singles titles for an Olympic gold medal. She wouldn't. In fact Hingis never even played in the Olympics because it meant very little to her. And she was one of the best 16 year old players in tennis history who could have played the 1996 and 2000 Olympics but shose to skip the Olympics.

Congrats to the Olympic tennis medalists this year. I'm glad for them that they did well in Athens. But I will never regard winning an Olympic gold medal the equal of winning a grand slam singles title or let alone superior to winning a grand slam sisngles title. If others do that's okay. To each their own.

As far as Myskina goes as soon as she can put the Olympic debacle behind her for good the better off she'll be. Their is a chance for her to add to her grand slam total of 1 next year and that's what she should be concentrating on now. If Anastasia wins another grand slam singles title I can assure you her painful Athens memory will become less painful to her than it now is. :) I know Nastya blew a chance to play in the gold medal match in Athens. But it's not like she blew a 5-1 third set lead in a grand slam final. Now that would be painful.

Would you Myskina fans rather she finish her career in say 5 years with 3 grand slam singles title to her credit or 2 gramd slam singles titles and an Olympic gold medal in singles? I know I would choose the 3 slams without question because it's the grand slam wins that put players in the International Tennis Hall of Fame and Anastasia has the ability to get there someday and 3 grand slam singles titles will someday get Nastya inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. :D

ys
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Would you Myskina fans rather she finish her career in say 5 years with 3 grand slam singles title to her credit or 2 gramd slam singles titles and an Olympic gold medal in singles? I know I would choose the 3 slams without question because ..

.. because you are a greedy cat and you think about how much of Whiskas could be bought on those prizemoney for extra Slam.. But Nastya has some other priorities.. :lol:

Daniel
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:57 AM
I also prefer more GS than a gold medal, then people and fans will remeeber her as a GS Champion, not many people care about the Olympics
but it would be so nice if before she retires she wins Gold MEdal :D :clap2:

deckham
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:23 AM
i would definitely pick 2 grand slams and an olympic gold medal no question.....

and you are just proving my point cat... athletes nowadays put no emphasis on the olympics and i think that's pathetic..... they all need to get their head screwed on straight and realize that there is nothing bigger than the olympics....

and ofcourse you're talking about myskina... so i would ask for an olympic gold medal and one grand slam... nastya has already said that olympic gold medal is the most important to her... so that is the only one i wish for her to win.... :yeah:
------------------------------------------------------------
just some quotes to prove that the best athletes in tennis feel the same way i do.....

Lindsay Davenport: “Winning at the Olympic Games was amazing. It is my biggest success.”
Andre Agassi: “In sports, nothing is as important as winning a gold medal at the Olympic Games.”
Steffi Graf: “Winning a gold medal is for me more valuable than any other money prize. I am certain that all athletes participating at the Olympic Games feel the same. Nothing compares to the Olympic Games.”
Boris Becker: “Nothing compares to this experience – not even Wimbledon. There you compete for yourself whereas here for an entire country.”
Yevgeny Kafelnikov: “To win the gold medal is beyond all my expectations. I am really proud of myself. I am really proud of my country. To have won two Grand Slams plus the Olympic gold means that my career is not going to be forgotten.”
---------------------------------------------------
If boris becker things olympics are bigger than wimbledon.. then that's definitely saying something!!! :lol:

Emptiness
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:37 AM
There is no chance that you might have the San Diego SF vs. Vera from this year and the (I don´t even dare to say it...) Olympics SF-match? Don´t kill me N-Fan for this question...but I just want to know what the hell we are really talking about, sad as it is (as it was!) ;)Hah the day they show tennis tournaments on tv other than grand slams is the day i find coarse hairy backs attractive. I do have the doubles matches though and Lena D vs Lena B.

I don't agree with Nastya's prioritizing of Olympics but i can understand why she would. Its a great honor to successfully represent your country. But as with hockey and baseball i don't think tennis belongs in the Olympics... Its a great chance for tennis players to get bragging rights for a medal atleast.

A section of an article about Kremlin Cup.
http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5566_rx.asp
Following the match, Myskina stated, "I am so happy to be able to defend my title. This really means the most to me after the letdown I had at the Olympics. The crowds this week have been fantastic, thanks also to President Boris Yeltsin for all his support this week."

Myskina dedicated her victory to the victims of the tragedy in Beslan and intends to donate a portion of her winnings to the 'Forum World Sport Against Terrorism', which plans to build a new sports center in Moscow.

the cat
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I guess I can't change deckhams's mind on this so I won't try to anymore. ;) But I would like to see the tennis player that would trade a grand slam singles title for an Olympic singles gold medal. I don't believe it would really happen. In her heasrt I do not believe Anastasia would trade her becoming the first Russian woman to win a grand slam singles title with her 2004 French Open title for an Olympic singles gold medal in the Athens Olympics. It wouldn't make any sense. Anastasia is in the tennis hitsory books forever for being the first Russian women to win a grand slam singles title. And nothing she can ever do will top that. Not even winning Wimbledon or an Olympic singles gold medal. Again this is only my opinion and I realize others have differeing views.

And ys I prefer Meow Mix to Whiskas. :lick: ;)

goldenlox
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:11 PM
The Olympics are important to Anastasia. But you have to keep moving forward.
You can't let a great win, or a disappointing loss, affect your focus.
It's over. There is still the battle for russian #1 and Fed Cup.

deckham
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM
well she says she still thinks about the loss, but it definitely appears she's in the process of getting over it! :yeah: Indoor is definitely her thing.... so it was a good time to get in her groove..

and baseball shouldn't be in the olympics but hockey definitely should. It's a substitute for the world championships every time it rolls around... great stuff.. :drool:

And you're right cat, now that she's officially won that first grand slam and is the first russian ever to do so, i'm sure she wouldn't want to give that up. But she has already said the next best thing to all that is an olympic gold medal, and rightly so.

I guess I can't change deckhams's mind on this so I won't try to anymore. But I would like to see the tennis player that would trade a grand slam singles title for an Olympic singles gold medal.
those quotes i showed you earlier are people who would trade in the grand slam for an olympic gold.
-------------------------------------
And one more for good measure from someone who hasn't won a major....
"Underneath it all," Fish said, "a lot of people have been asking me, you know, what would you rather do: win a gold medal or win a Grand Slam? I would prefer a gold medal around my neck with the national anthem playing. I think that would be the ultimate in sports for me."
-------------------------------------
I know it's personal as to how each athlete feels about the olympics, but it's a fact that there is nothing more important than winning an olympic gold medal.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

the cat
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I don't believe them, deckham. I sincerely doubt Boris Becker would trade one of his 3 cherished Wimbledon singles titles for an Olympic singles gold medal.

And perhaps Davenport said that before she one the first of her 3 grand slams titles. ;) And if the Olympics were so important to Agassi why did he skip the 2000 and 2004 Olympic games?

Nastya is putting her heartbreaking Athens semifinal loss to Henin behind her and she should. She has too much else to accomplish this year and in her career to let that one bad day in Athens slow her down.

cool_olga
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:49 PM
I am back home finally :woohoo: Very tired but week has been great :) Saw Moscow, good matches and Nastya and finally her b/f from close :p

About Fed Cup there were talks about it a lot. The same team is going for finals that played all rounds. They are really friendly athmosphere and they all decided the same squad going. Lena D said she doesn't like to be called last moment. Nastya said that it;s just for this year and next year it doesn't have to be same team. She said that maybe if they win the trophy this year she will evem decide not play anymore FC herself.

ys
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Interview with Nastya's superman.. :lol:

http://www.mk.ru/numbers/1329/article41049.htm

cool_olga
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM
'Superman' is okay. He was supporting Nastya a lot.

deckham
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:10 AM
I don't believe them, deckham. I sincerely doubt Boris Becker would trade one of his 3 cherished Wimbledon singles titles for an Olympic singles gold medal.

And perhaps Davenport said that before she one the first of her 3 grand slams titles. ;) And if the Olympics were so important to Agassi why did he skip the 2000 and 2004 Olympic games?

Nastya is putting her heartbreaking Athens semifinal loss to Henin behind her and she should. She has too much else to accomplish this year and in her career to let that one bad day in Athens slow her down.
lol..that's not a very good argument there cat.... you just don't believe them???? and agassi is a very classy player and has given many other americans a chance at winning gold... same with davenport. they have come out and said that already.

and we all agree she is trying to put the heartbreaking loss behind her. and she needs to... but she probably will never fully recover from that, but she'll recover from it enough so that it does not effect her play anymore... and i think she's already there... :yeah: :drink:

deckham
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:23 PM
wow guys... where is everyone??? we can still tell cool stories about nastya when she's not playing... :)

goldenlox
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:32 PM
If Anastasia doesn't play Fed Cup next year, she can really focus on being world #1.
If she played twice in California instead of Fed Cup in Argentina, she might have reached #1.
And Sveta, Vera, and the rest can win in Fed Cup.

the cat
Oct 20th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Why is Myskina talking about not playing the Fed Cup next year? I would lose some respect for her if she quit the team like she is hinting at. :( Somethings not right in the Russian Tennis Federation because it's clear Nastya is greasing the skids for her not playing Fed Cup next year. And the question is why?

Spunky83
Oct 20th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Why is Myskina talking about not playing the Fed Cup next year? I would lose some respect for her if she quit the team like she is hinting at. :( Somethings not right in the Russian Tennis Federation because it's clear Nsstya is greasing the skids for her not playing Fed Cup next year. And the question is why?

Well, I guess if they win this year (and I am pretty sure of this), I think it´s a good idea if she leaves the FC in order to focuse on her own achievements and to give younger players a chance. It´s time to let go :lol:

Daniel
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:30 AM
indeed, but i still believe if Russia wins FC in 2004 she would play next year. :)