PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Nastyafan
Sep 23rd, 2004, 04:20 PM
0ops, I was wrong, it's only 1100km(in a bee-line), I had an impression it's much more. But I'm surprised applying for a Russian visa in Poland is so difficult.

Spunky83
Sep 23rd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Uhhh...I am soo happy that Ola goes to Moscow (very, very cool!!!).

Hey by the way: I have a really bad cold right now that I got send home today at work, I really need you guys to cheer me up, so does anyone have some nice fun stories?...Did you see the entry-list for Filderstadt? Wow...

goldenlox
Sep 23rd, 2004, 04:42 PM
I'll cheer you up. Why did Michael Jackson go to K-Mart? He heard that boys pants were 50% off.

Nastyafan
Sep 23rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
I doubt the cheering will help you a lot, but:

GO SPUNKY BEAT THE COLD!:boxing:

A weird entry list as I expected. The last German tourney has some power of atraction toward all top players. And I still think it's anoter mistake in Nastya's schedule - she plays the lowest tourneys with the strongest field, and it's just before Kremlin cup.

Spunky83
Sep 23rd, 2004, 06:24 PM
I doubt the cheering will help you a lot, but:

GO SPUNKY BEAT THE COLD!:boxing:

A weird entry list as I expected. The last German tourney has some power of atraction toward all top players. And I still think it's anoter mistake in Nastya's schedule - she plays the lowest tourneys with the strongest field, and it's just before Kremlin cup.

Thx, I will try! When I am not sleeping I am drinking water, eating vitamins-pills, fruits and stuff...I am gonna win this one! Hehe, everything in my life is a big fight for me ;) .

Yeah, you really wouldn´t expect Filderstadt to be a Tier II. It always has such a brilliant draw full of stars. I mean there are like 17 of the top 20´s players. Maybe it´s the Porsche thing :lick:. Doesn´t Nastya already own a Porsche?

cool_olga
Sep 23rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
Uhhh...I am soo happy that Ola goes to Moscow (very, very cool!!!).

Hey by the way: I have a really bad cold right now that I got send home today at work, I really need you guys to cheer me up, so does anyone have some nice fun stories?...Did you see the entry-list for Filderstadt? Wow...
Well don't be happy too early i hope I can get this stupid visa after all. I need right papers.
That's interesting, I have a cold too.
The list is better than most Tier I's. Sponsors must really pay them a lot.

Nastyafan
Sep 23rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
I'm sure you will win Spunky. You can try some decky's cure:drink:. The cold will have no chance.
As I said I doubt Porshe is the reason for the competition in Filderstadt. With the money these girls earn on tour they can buy much more expensive cars. I think last year they said Porshe they gave the winner was about 100k USD - the tier1 prize is much bigger.
It isn't the tourney Nastya should begin her indoor season. She has never played well here and especially now without motivation she will lose early again. The only chance for her to regain some motivation and desire is Moscow and she should have started there - more time to rest and forget, more time to become hungry. IMO her schedule should have been USO-Moscow-Zurich-Linz-YEC. But who asks me?

cool_olga
Sep 23rd, 2004, 10:06 PM
Why Nastya should escape from her main opponents? Good tennis players don't do that, you can't skip toyrnament because it has better field, it shoul be challenge for you not reason to skip it.
Bali paid Nastya and she had to go and the deal was much before Olympics and USO so she had no choice.

Nastyafan
Sep 23rd, 2004, 10:41 PM
Because Nastya isn't in winning mode now. As she said at USO she doesn't want to run and to fight. She needs a high spirit and motivation for that and she won't find it in Filderstadt. as she didn't find in NY and Bali. I don't say that she should avoid strong competitions at all but now she has to play against top players only when she really wants to win.

Emptiness
Sep 24th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Well maybe the prospect of Kuznetsova and Dementieva passing her in the ranks will motivation her. Not to mention all the girls on their heels.

Hopefully she'll do good in Filderstadt and prove you wrong Nastyafan. :P

Gowza
Sep 24th, 2004, 01:28 AM
this slump is strange, she is usually one of the more consistent russians. yeah maybe elena d and sveta passing her in the rankings will motivate her, hopefully it will.

cool_olga
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I again say: Nastya can have one worse month in few years, she is not a robot! Give her a break people. She will be fine when she's ready to play her best again.

Nastyafan
Sep 24th, 2004, 10:37 AM
The slump isn't strange Gowza, it was unavoidable after the Olympic heartbreaker although many people belittle its significance. She just hadn't to show it publicly playing Bali (I think Filderstadt too), she needed a long break to rest and to heal her mentality.
When I make a bad prediction I always pray Nastya to prove me wrong Fragrance, but unfortunately the things go even worse than my expectations lately. I would like to believe that is just one worse month as Ola said but... But I'll pray again, what more can I do?:bowdown:

cool_olga
Sep 24th, 2004, 11:15 AM
I want to believe Vera Z who said Nastya will be fine for sure. Well...she knows her better than u.

Nastyafan
Sep 24th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Do you think Vera could say something different. If the press asked me about my friend I would say the same even I highly doubt. It's just a polite answer, it means nothing . And Vera is too young and she has enough problems with her own mentality...
But let's hope she is right.

cool_olga
Sep 24th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Who said it was press

goldenlox
Sep 24th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Anastasia has lost 4 of her last 5 matches. I hope she can make a strong effort to try to defend her KC championship, and stay in the battle for Russian #1.
If she can't, I still want Nastya to try her best.
And in 2005, she can start again in Australia, where she played very well this year.
And later, all eyes will be on Roland Garros, where Anastasia will try to become the first Russian to successfully defend her grand slam title.

Spunky83
Sep 24th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Let´s just stop this discussion here...she´s going to be fine for sure. Maybe it will take a bit longer than we all expect and wish, but she will be ok, she has to, it´s her job. As hard as this sounds...

Come on people, cheer up!!! This black cloud which has covered this thread has to disappear;)

cool_olga
Sep 24th, 2004, 08:37 PM
We'll know much more after Filderstand. Nastya like playing indoors. Bali still was outdoors. Maybe it'll be faster in Filderstadt it may suit her, we'll see.

Daniel
Sep 24th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Vamos Nastya :clap2:

Spunky83
Sep 25th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Vamos Nastya :clap2:

That´s the way this thread should be!!!

Look forward!
Be happy!
Be positive!
Just do it!
Impossible is nothing :tape:
Stop whining :sad:
LET´S GO :bounce:!!!

Who´s with me? :cool:

Emptiness
Sep 26th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Umm..... me?
Yeah she'll be back even stronger, shes too much of a perfectionist not to. Just as much as her success has motivated other Russians, their success will motivate her.

:bigclap:

JLDementieva
Sep 26th, 2004, 05:24 AM
I'm with you as well Spunky! :bounce: Optimism is the way to be!!

cool_olga
Sep 26th, 2004, 10:50 AM
This thrad has become pretty boring lately, Nastya not playing. So I'll give something new. Maybe parts of Nastya's nice conference from Sopot I have on tape and I haven't made transcript of will cheer fans up a bit :) Was after QF with Benesova

Q. Are ou satisfied with your serve today?
AM. Noooo (laughing). Not at all but it's just a game and I hope tomorrow it's gonna be better I will practice definitely. You have ups and downs and some days it's good, some days it's not and my serve is not my favourite shot so I don't like to practice it and that's why it wasn't good today.

I thought it was interesting one as everybody here says she has weak serve and needs to improve.

Q. There was a moment your oponent even got a warning for delaying the game. I had imptression that it anoyed you, this slowing up and made you irritated?
AM. It wasn't anoying but you know, I was ready to serve and she came to baseline and then she turned around so it was pretty strange why she did that. I think the time was too long and that's why he gave her warning. But I was not in a hurry and I was not paying attention to her.

Q. After your errors you look at your coach very often, why is that?
AM. You just need some help when you not play your best and you wanna know what you are doing wrong sometimes on a court. You can't find answer by yourself so you try to find answer from your coach. Somtimes it helps sometimes it's not. Maybe I do it too often but at important matches i don't look at him at all.[/b]

Thought it's intresting one too.

Q. What would you say about a final Myskina-Domachowska?
AM. Oh I look foward!-
(Everybody started laughing here because Nastya answered right after the question and didn't even hear translation :p)
-I understood the whole question. Why not? I look foward to play home girl and it's gonna be dram final here. Would be for both of us awesome.

Q. And it would be a bit easier that final against Davenport...
AM. laughing

Now something for Nastyafan...

Q. It's chance for you to be world no.1. Who will be most difficult opponent for you at this point?
AM. Amelie Mauresmo. She's no.2 right now and she's a great change to be no.1 because Justine will loose many points this week so it's gonna be tough first match for her in Olympics. But I really look foward to be no.1 because I know I have a good chance and I have a game to be no.1. I have to improve couple of things, especially my serve and why not?

You see? Nastya know what she wants. She will work even more and she'll come back, I'm sure.

Q. We know that you're not going to be at Olympics opening ceremony. Do you maybe plan to stay longer in Athens to be at closing one at least?
AM. (smiling) You know, I'm not gonna cry that I'm not at opening ceremony. I'm really happy here and I was in Sydney so I know how tough to be there because you have to spend like 5 hours to just go to opening ceremony so it's pretty tough. So it's god that I'm here (laughing)

She also said that surface type doesn't matter for her that much because she just plays fast and she has no problem with moving from one surface to another.

Enough I gotta go :p
Just was funny at the ending somebody said 'Next conference in Polish' people were laughing and Nastya ' Oh I can answer I understand the question'

Nastyafan
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Oh, I would like to join to your optimistic tone... but... you know me I'm the pesimist here, I need at lest some positive signs to regain my optimism, I won't hurry to have big expectations, then I suffer too hardly the disappointments.
Thanks for the transcript and for the special addressing to me Ola. Unfortunately that was before Olympics, then I believed the same too, now the things look too different, I would like to hear these positive thoughts now (and facts supporting them)

Nastya will play Linz. That's a good decision IMO... but maybe only if we see at Kremlin cup that she is back...

Myskina, Kuznetsova head Generali tennis

LINZ, Austria: French Open winner Anastasia Myskina and US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova will start at the $585,000 Generali Ladies in Linz, organisers announced on Thursday. Myskina and Kuznetsova will lead a seven-player Russian contingent into Austria’s biggest women’s tennis tournament, to be played from October 23 to 31. "It is great to have them here, because Anastasia already is one of the new superstars on the tour," tournament organiser Peter-Michael Reichel said.

cool_olga
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:18 PM
That's strange because Nastya said she will play just Filderstand and Moscow. She said she will play something more only if she will need point for YEC and she's 4 in ranking so I don't think she will need them. Wonder why she changed her decision.

Nastyafan
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Maybe she still thinks that she can attack #1...
or Dokic syndrome?:confused:
we will see

cool_olga
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:51 PM
No not Dokic please. Dokic had many private problems. First she left family for Bernoldi and her father was mad. Then she left Bernoldi for Tino Bikic, was loosing all the time and then her father said he will destroy her and wanted WTA to even make her drug tests. Jelly is very bad story and everybody can be sorry for this girl, I really like her by the way, she was my fav after Nastya.

With Nastya it's different. She has great loving family. Coach=friend she can rely on, just not sure how's with her b/f but seems fine. It's just physical tiring I guess.

Spunky83
Sep 26th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Nastyafan, until you cheer up I´ll just call you Mr. Negative;)

martirogi
Sep 26th, 2004, 03:35 PM
She probably just felt better and more confident after her doubles win so she wanted to play sooner.

Nastyafan
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:05 PM
But Nsatya had sentimental problems with her boyfriends too, then GQ story, then Olympics. Of course not the same problems but the people are different too. And the physical tiring has nothing to do with her performance lately.

Oh Spynky I have no fear being Mr. Negative I just hope you will never call me Mr. Connoiseur.

Spunky83
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Oh Spynky I have no fear being Mr. Negative I just hope you will never call me Mr. Connoiseur.

:confused: as in Connoisseur (an expert able to appreciate a field)...I guess you are trying to say that we all should hope that you´re not right with your negative predíctions???

Damn, more than 15 years of school/university and still I am not able to use abstract words :lol:

By the way: do you remember once saying about me that I know Nastya´s game so well? I really do hope that I will be Miss Connoisseur then.

Nastyafan
Sep 26th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Yes I had in mind that
And yes, I remember, I said that you made the most detailed analysis of Nastya's game I had ever read too. Unfortunately in this instance IMO the problem isn't in Nastya's tennis abilities and I can't trust implicitly you.:unsure:

cool_olga
Sep 26th, 2004, 06:17 PM
She probably just felt better and more confident after her doubles win so she wanted to play sooner.
:lol: Haha, you really don't know schedule hon. Linz is after Filderstadt and Moscow. Unfortunately your reason is not the one.

goldenlox
Sep 26th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Filderstadt and Moscow have two of the toughest fields all year.
Anastasia will have to play much better than her last 2 efforts.
The other players want to beat her. Lots of quality points.
She has to be in career form to do well in these events.

cool_olga
Sep 26th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Nastyafan even this won't cheer you up? :D

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/offcourt/Nastya_Off116.jpg

Nastyafan
Sep 26th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks for trying to cheer me up folks. That really made me laugh.:lol:
But even this nice pic arouses mixed feelinds in me - love and tenderness for Nastya, memories of the great moments we had with her and a fear that the lucky horse already flew from her that August evening and we will never see her so happy again (on the court of course).

Nastya has been cheering yesterday for Russia at Davis cup. I hope the convincing win over Tailand has made her happy.

Spunky83
Sep 26th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Haha...Mr. Negative, you really should just try to smile, smile, smile no matter what. Just give it a shot;)

Nastya was there watching? Cool. By they way, have I ever mentioned how cute I think Andreev is? Like a little teddybear...ok, I´ll stop it.

Nastyafan
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:02 PM
OK I'll try. But it isn't easy for Mr Negative to smile without reasons and only Nastya can give me some...
Yes she has been there with her parents. I wonder where has been Stepanov:confused:

martirogi
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:25 PM
:lol: Haha, you really don't know schedule hon. Linz is after Filderstadt and Moscow. Unfortunately your reason is not the one.

sorry, thanks for correcting me :wavey:

Daniel
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Vamos Nastya in Filderstadt :D she will be seeded #4 :D

Emptiness
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Jesus Negativefan you'd make a bad coach. :p
Who knows where her boyfriend is.. he better be making her happy.

http://www.uploadthis.com/images/107/48.jpg

cool_olga
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Wow, Nastya spending time nicely with parents and Russian men players friends, that's good :)

I saw Andreev Spunky in Sopot when he was practising shirtless, woooow :eek: His muscles are amazing. There was just few people watching and he looked at me few times, hehe. He was kinda shy there when leaving. I took autograph anyways, he wrote 'For Ola' and was very nice :D Hope to see him again one day.

I don't know if hockey season in Russia is in run now but Stepanov doesn't look like a good b/f for me, I don't even know why :rolleyes: He was mad when horse pics appeared on net, but I didn't tell this :tape:

Nastyafan
Sep 27th, 2004, 12:41 PM
I don't know if hockey season in Russia is in run now but Stepanov doesn't look like a good b/f for me, I don't even know why :rolleyes: He was mad when horse pics appeared on net, but I didn't tell this :tape:
Did Nastya say that? Stupid idiot, your anthropoid face appeared on the net only because you are her boyfriend:devil:

I have no knowledge to be a tennis coach, Fragrance, and I'm unfit for teaching at all. I only think I understand Nastya's mentality because I'm a similar person (about taking big failures), unfortunately I don't know how to change myself or to help others.

Emptiness
Sep 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Our nature is our nature. Honestly i'm not a very optimistic person either, not that its such a horrible thing. You can't have positive without negative right? Right! :D

Bah her boyfriend. :(
I say we go to Moscow and give him another taste of this.
http://www.brucestshirts.com/nss-folder/outhousets/ugly_stick.gif

Spunky83
Sep 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I saw Andreev Spunky in Sopot when he was practising shirtless, woooow :eek: His muscles are amazing. There was just few people watching and he looked at me few times, hehe. He was kinda shy there when leaving. I took autograph anyways, he wrote 'For Ola' and was very nice :D Hope to see him again one day.

Ahhh... :hearts: ;), Andreev can make it to the top. I´d bet on it! And he wears the same outfits (and plays with the same racket) like Roddick...coincidence :lol:

Oh, the "famous" hockey/ice-hockey, whatever player. Yeah, he´s kind of a mystery to me.

By the way Linz: The tourney organizers already took her into consideration after the USO. I´ve checked the site a while ago and she was already announced as the top-superstar, so maybe she has signed up for this tourney already some months ago.

You know what was pretty cool? I always buy the "Spiegel", it´s a german weekly newsmagazine, a very well known one with a superb quality. I´ve always said to my brother that they have to write an article about the rise of russian tennis since Wimby and today there was actually a four-page article in it with a very nice selected pic of Nastya and some fun and interesting (though old) passages about her. Finally;)

goldenlox
Sep 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Anastasia has 339 ranking points coming off this week, but Svetlana isn't playing, and Nastya stays as Russian #1.
Next week, the battle for Russian #1 will have all 3 contenders in Filderstadt.

Spunky83
Sep 27th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Anastasia has 339 ranking points coming off this week, but Svetlana isn't playing, and Nastya stays as Russian #1.
Next week, the battle for Russian #1 will have all 3 contenders in Filderstadt.

OMG...Sveti is not playing? WHAT HAPPENED :lol:

goldenlox
Sep 27th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Sveta plays too much. Anastasia used to play a lot of tournaments also.
It takes some maturity to figure out the right schedule.
But all that matters is that you win. If you lose, you get all week to rest.

cool_olga
Sep 27th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Ahhh... :hearts: ;), Andreev can make it to the top. I´d bet on it! And he wears the same outfits (and plays with the same racket) like Roddick...coincidence :lol:
He's the cutest Russian for sure IMO :p And cuttest of all after Nadal :kiss:

Oh, the "famous" hockey/ice-hockey, whatever player. Yeah, he´s kind of a mystery to me.
And I think he will stay. I don't think Nastya will tell about him on her own and nobody will ask I suppose.

By the way Linz: The tourney organizers already took her into consideration after the USO. I´ve checked the site a while ago and she was already announced as the top-superstar, so maybe she has signed up for this tourney already some months ago.
I don't think that months because in Sopot she said she plans only Filderstadt and Moscow.

Spunky83
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I´ve found the press-release dated back to 11th June 2004 on the official Linz Homepage. It definetly says that Nastya signed up for that tourney back then.

http://www.generali-ladies.at/news5_53.html

Sorry, it´s german, but basically it´s about that the organizers are happy that they can announce their first big superstar, coming right after she won the FO. There´s a bit written about how she won the FO final and that she was the first russian GS winner and stuff to promote the tourney. Furthermore it says that they also wanted to have one of the Belgiums there and they were negotiating with them.

This was the article I was referring to a few posts earlier. I was surprised that a lot of you guys were stunned by her late decision to play Linz, cause I really thought that I´ve read somewhere that Nastya decided a few months ago to play Linz. I already thought I was dreaming or something ;)

Daniel
Sep 28th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Hello Olga and Spunky :)
it looks she will play only 2 more before Champ. but on wtatour.con she is commited to play 3 including Linz. whatever she does, I wish her good luck :D

Nastyafan
Sep 28th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Well, she said in Sopot that she will play Filderstadt and Moscow and maybe some other tourney if she needs points for YEC. Maybe she has commited to Linz with the intention to withdraw later if she doesn't need points. I wonder if she has changed her mind and will play if she doesn't need points (I don't want to think she will need these points:fiery: )

cool_olga
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I don't know, then maybe she'll withdraw...But it's not so easy you have to give them reason. The only i see is that she plays two whole weeks, to finals in Filderstadt and Moscow and will say she's tired. But if she's commited maybe she'll come, actually I think they also paid her so she must go. But then I don't know why she said in August-Sopot she doesn't play more.

goldenlox
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Making the finals of Filderstadt and Moscow would be a great achievement.
But I hope she wins one of them. A Porsche, or she defends her Tier I KC title in Moscow.
Either one would be great. Both would be unbelievable.

cool_olga
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Better would be Moscow for sure. Nastya drives BMW.

goldenlox
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I think Anastasia would enjoy defending her KC title. That should put her in position to defend her Russian #1 ranking.
And give her a chance to go after the world #1 ranking next spring.

cool_olga
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Maybe winter, she'll win Australian Open :p

martirogi
Sep 28th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I think she has a good shot at australia too

cool_olga
Sep 29th, 2004, 07:20 AM
So maybe you should write those messages now?

Daniel
Sep 29th, 2004, 07:22 AM
me too, I keep dreaming of Nastya winning AO 2005 :o :D :bounce:

Go Nastya in Filderstadt :D

cool_olga
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Nastya looks cute on this pic :) And always with mobole :lol:
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/nastyasmiling.jpg

Daniel
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:01 PM
her eyes and her smile are so beautiful :D
thanks olga :D

Nastyafan
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:19 PM
So, you will go for sure Ola?

I will send my letter probably tomorrow... but I just don't know how to write a part of a joint letter.... maybe I will writte as a personal letter and you will have to choose what to take from it.

Spunky83
Sep 29th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah, Ola, so we are supposed to send "real" letters to you for Nastya or how do you want to do it? I guess this would be a nice idea;)...you may send me your personal adress then as a private message.

Greetings

goldenlox
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:16 PM
The field for Filderstadt is the toughest all year. In fact, Serena might not be seeded.
Anastasia will have to bring her best tennis. Every match will be against a quality opponent.
That's the way it should be.

Nastyafan
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I don't think there is time for "real" letters Spunky. Ola wants us to write letters here (or PM) and she will try to unite our letters in one big letter - not an easy task IMO

goldenlox
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:31 PM
If you take out the French Open, Anastasia has had a difficult year.
She didn't get that second set against Kim at the AO, then only 1 match win on clay before RG, early exits at Wimbledon and the US Open, and up 5-1 in the third set at Athens.

But the French Open makes 2004 a great year for her. Similar to Sharapova and Wimbledon. One major, and some disappointments.

goldenlox
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Did you see the match she lost to Anna?

Spunky83
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Nastya had a great early part of the year. But, I will never understand how a player could not care about the US Open. That's just so unprofessional and I lost all my respect for Nastya after that. If she doesn't care about US Open, then how will she care about Filderstadt? Just go prepare for Olympics every 4 years then.

:confused: Are you one of the post-French-Open fans? Doesn´t seem like that you know Nastya as a player that much...You might leave and find a player who´s able to win every tourney :wavey:

Nastyafan
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:34 PM
That's a stupid logic Nicolas. Nastya has a different system of values from you and the majority of the players. I knew that will happen (you can check my posts) because she isn't a tennis-robot as some players, she is too much a human and the real sensitive human can't just forget such a heartbreaker, only the time may healt the pain partially, to set new goals and meanings. If you have lost the respect for her there is no need to post here, I have even more because of her human weaknesses although I'm not sure whether she will be ever back at her best

cool_olga
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Go home Nicolas with comments like that, you don't know her.

I think that one letter maybe wasn't best idea. I think all can write their separate and i will print all. Yee Wah, I don't think there's time for real letter but if you want it a lot you can of course try.

Nastya will pass second round in Filderstadt I don't think it's so deep slump from her. Now she realy had some time to stay with herself and get her mind together, and strong field is better challenge for her.

Nastyafan
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:25 PM
In that case I will try to write in Russian. I hope your printer won't have problems with that.;)

It's not about the slump, it's about the motivation, I'm not sure she will be motivated enough for Filderstadt. Therefore I wanted her to enter first the tourney she really values high, to be mentally fresh there. If she wins Moscow it will be much easier for her to find motivation and desire for other tourneys. But now I'm not sure she is ready for the hard fight in Filderstadt and an early loss will be another mental block for Moscow. With her bad luck lately she may draw Serena in the second round.

cool_olga
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:41 PM
No Serena, no! :eek:

Emptiness
Sep 29th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Nicolas her mind wasn't in the match true but to say she doesn't "care".. all i can say is she poured her heart and soul into that match in Athens and shes left it there.
Arghssssss I'm going to duck tape your mouth Nastyafan. :smash: :p
I'm sure she knows #1 Russian is on the line and will want to keep her claim on it. Hopefully she'll be able to.

JLDementieva
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Ugh, sorry but I'm rather sick of some of the negative posts that has been posted!! don't want to sound like a jerk but being all pessimistic isn't going to help in anyway. So we should all just give ourselves a little break and think on the bright side, and YOU will feel better!!! I can't wait for Nastya to play again! :D

yankees
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:53 AM
:confused: Are you one of the post-French-Open fans? Doesn´t seem like that you know Nastya as a player that much...You might leave and find a player who´s able to win every tourney :wavey:
Learn to read English.

Go home Nicolas with comments like that, you don't know her.

Nastya said she wasn't into the match.

And you do know her? Just because you run some crap site and managed to leech your way into tournaments to bother tennis players, does not mean you know them. Check your ego, dear.

Nicolas her mind wasn't in the match true but to say she doesn't "care".. all i can say is she poured her heart and soul into that match in Athens and shes left it there.

I understand that the Athens loss was crushing to Nastya. Nastya simply doesn't have much respect for the WTA, the tournaments, and the rest of the players. Phoning it in at US Open, and her little stunt at Sopot were very selfish and unprofessional. Nastya stole the spot from another player who would be honored to have the privilege to play in these tournaments, that pay quite handsomely.

Gowza
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:33 AM
athens was crushing for nastya and i thought she would be over it by now, actually i thought last tournament she would have had a good tournament but she didnt and life moves on. im confident that nastya will pick herself up in the next couple of tournaments.

Emptiness
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Do you fear being banned? Whats the purpose of creating a new account. :rolleyes:

If you've paid attention to her interviews she is always very respectful of other players even post-match, hardly ever complains about the WTA tour though it does warrant a lot of criticism.
Anastasia has earned her spot in tournaments through her own merits, six years of hard work she has not "stolen" anything. Other players will have to earn spots through their own merits as well.
And I dont think she anticipated her poor showing at the US Open. Yes her heart was not in that match but she creamed her earlier opponent. She is entitled to bad runs just like any other player is.

Really if you don't like Anastasia just do the mature thing and don't concern yourself with her. I don't understand why people feel the need to troll threads and personally attack people.

cool_olga
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Learn to read English.
She knows english well you have my word.

And you do know her? Just because you run some crap site and managed to leech your way into tournaments to bother tennis players, does not mean you know them. Check your ego, dear.
First off all I don't say I know her personally or as a friend and whatever. Saying 'you don't know her' I meant you don't know her personality at all if you can say such a things. And you don't have to know your favourite player persoonally to have general idea what kind of person she is. I see somebody is jealous here. You don't need to criticize me just because I go to tournaments, that's not a bad thing.

Nastya simply doesn't have much respect for the WTA, the tournaments, and the rest of the players. Phoning it in at US Open, and her little stunt at Sopot were very selfish and unprofessional. Nastya stole the spot from another player who would be honored to have the privilege to play in these tournaments, that pay quite handsomely.
Again you wrong. She never was rude to player or not respectful for player. She wasn't into the match, does it mean she doesn't have respect for US Open? No, that mean she's a human and she can have bad days. What you need to understand that players are not robots. Everybody has worse times. Now Nastya have.

deckham
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Learn to read English.
First off... arrogant, silly quote from someone we've never heard from and never want to hear from again......

wow... you became even more arrogant and ignorant on this post. You can trace Ola's posts back for several, several months as well as her website. She is a very dedicated fan. And anyone who keeps up with up-to-date photos, rankings, biography, match results and plenty, plenty more is more than deserving of running a professional tennis player's website. The fact that she can get into those tournaments is just more proof that she is a girl fully involved in this sport, and better yet, a great reporter while she's at it... ;)

I understand that the Athens loss was crushing to Nastya. Nastya simply doesn't have much respect for the WTA, the tournaments, and the rest of the players. Phoning it in at US Open, and her little stunt at Sopot were very selfish and unprofessional. Nastya stole the spot from another player who would be honored to have the privilege to play in these tournaments, that pay quite handsomely.
lol....stole the spot from another player. what part of #2 in the world don't you understand. she earned that sprt and suffered the worst defeat of her career. in the olympics before the u.s. open i know you want attention from your posts... and you got some, but you better watch your mouth and be careful of which forum you go into. there seems to be a few fairweather fans in this forum, but there are just as many loyal and true fans of nastya as well. the fact that you named yourself yankees doesn't help either....

nastya is great
she's absolutely stunning
we love her all the time
especially while running

she's very passionate
she's fantastic on the run
fabulous in our hearts
she's always number one.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

love ya nastya....... ;)

Nastyafan
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:20 AM
What a jerk you are yankees or nikolas or lina or whoever you are. Have you created hundred accounts 2 years ago only to insult players and fans who have never made anything to you and to sully the threads with your bullshit?

Hi deck. You appear as a white swallow lately. We miss your poems:drink:

Daniel
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Go Nastya :worship: :)

Spunky83
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Learn to read English.

Oh yeah, my fault. Nontheless it´s stupid. But I totally appreciate your effort to tell me this, you must be a very nice person who loves to help people who can´t read like me. So thank you very very much, could you just maybe do me and the others here a favour and just find another place where you can spread all your positive intentions? There are a lot of people who could need this, so thanks and goodbye!

Daniel
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:56 PM
lol so much negativity in this thread,

Hello Spunky olga goldenlox and Nastyafan :wavey:

goldenlox
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:46 PM
The US Open is over. So is the 2004 Olympics.
However Anastasia might feel about the past, it's done. Over.
Anastasia can't go back in time and change things.

But she can play great tennis, and win important titles in the future.
And that's what Anastasia should be thinking about. Her future.

deckham
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM
lol so much negativity in this thread,

Hello Spunky olga goldenlox and Nastyafan :wavey:
:bigcry: i'm not wanted daniel? :bigcry:

i'm just kidding :hehehe:

yeah... lots of negativity in here i know... this should be a lovely thread for our favorite player (and best looking!)

i know nastyafan, i haven't been here often... i'm usually up when you're all sleeping... i miss the brunt of the conversations usually... :rolleyes:
i'll try to visit as often as i can and catch up with everyone. have we decided on the letter to nastya yet?

:drink:

goldenlox
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I think that one letter maybe wasn't best idea. I think all can write their separate and i will print all. I don't think there's time for real letter but if you want it a lot you can of course try.
Nastya is steady. Nastya is smart.
Nastya competes with all of her heart.
Nastya is bold, and Nastya has fun.
Nastya will be in Moscow to win her second Tier I.

Nastya will always be the first Russian women to win a major.
And she will always be a leader, and a role model.

cool_olga
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Nice to see you back decks :) Thanks for your words there :rooleyes:
Lina find another place and don't bother us with those stupid and attacking comments.
Yes we decided about the letter, it'll be separate messoge from everybody. Or a great poem like GL did :D

goldenlox
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Filderstadt will have Serena, Lindsay, Amelie, Justine, Kim, Jennifer, Sveta, Lena D., Vera, Nadia, and of course, Nastya.
If they all play, it will be the toughest draw all year.

Gowza
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:25 AM
im new to this thread, although i have been following nastya for a couple of years. this thread has much more fighting in it than the threads for the other russian players. come on guys we arent meant to be fans of nastya here. and when people do come in and insult or criticise or whatever then we have to remember that winning RG nastya has become more widely known and there are bound to be a few people that will have some negative things to say about her. personally i do believe that if they have negative things to say they shouldnt come in as it is meant to be a CHEERING thread not a thread on peoples opinions, however opinions are discussed here and we cant stop them from coming in so rather than insulting them or giving them attention just let it be. they are allowed their opinion you know so let them get it out of their system and then move on.

sPAWrty
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:29 AM
Filderstadt will have Serena, Lindsay, Amelie, Justine, Kim, Jennifer, Sveta, Lena D., Vera, Nadia, and of course, Nastya.
If they all play, it will be the toughest draw all year.

No jhh this year. But the field is amazing. They should raise it at least to Tier I IMO.

eddy
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:47 AM
No jhh this year. But the field is amazing. They should raise it at least to Tier I IMO.
The thing is that Filderstadt doesn't need to be a Tier I, so they don't bother. They get the best fields already, why give out millions more in prize money?

cool_olga
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:50 AM
Yeah to be Tier I first of all one Tier I tournament has to fall of calendar because of their problems and sell rights to other tournaments. Like this year Doha bought Berlin's. But it costs many millions.

Daniel
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:34 AM
im new to this thread, although i have been following nastya for a couple of years. this thread has much more fighting in it than the threads for the other russian players. come on guys we arent meant to be fans of nastya here. and when people do come in and insult or criticise or whatever then we have to remember that winning RG nastya has become more widely known and there are bound to be a few people that will have some negative things to say about her. personally i do believe that if they have negative things to say they shouldnt come in as it is meant to be a CHEERING thread not a thread on peoples opinions, however opinions are discussed here and we cant stop them from coming in so rather than insulting them or giving them attention just let it be. they are allowed their opinion you know so let them get it out of their system and then move on.Good monring Olga, Deckham, GL, Nastyafana nd Spunky :wavey: :smooch: :)
hello gowza, i have seen you in other thread, it was time to see u here :) :wavey:
u r right, sometimes this thread turns into a war, and some posters come out of nowhere to insult and offend :fiery: lol but we all love Anastasia :hug:

Porsche is gonna be a interesting tournament, i dont know if they will give Sernea the special seeding, if so, then it would be :

1 Momo
2 Davenport
3. Serena
4. Nastya :clap2:
menaing Nastya could draw: Sveta, Elena D, Kim or Capriati in the QF, very interesting :)

Nastyafan
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:08 AM
Well, at least one my bad prediction won't happen. With Justine out Serena will be seeded so she won't draw Nastya in the second round. Of course that isn't a serious relief, if Nastya still isn't ready she can lose to everybody.

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM
Even without Justine, this is one of the toughest tournaments all year.
Moscow has the same players, just change Williams'.

jochem
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:53 PM
I sensed some negative energy in this thread...haha but it at least keeps us focused on the good aspects of Nastya

cool_olga
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:46 PM
Maybe better for Nastya Justien not there. But it doesn't matter so much. Nastya needs to unblock herself, maybe it'll happen here :) But it will be so tough tournament.

Nastyafan
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:56 PM
The tourney continues to weaken - Serena and Jenn are out. But it's all about Nastya, if she hasn't unblocked she won't survive till the meeting with another seeded.
Please Nastya forget Olympics and remember last year.:kiss:

Ola, I will PM my letter in a while. It's too long and probably in broken Russian for posting here.:p

cool_olga
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:53 PM
Serena and jen out? :eek: Wonder why them, Serena was healthy week ago.
OK but don't make it too long because nastya will scare of reading :p

Nastyafan
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:10 PM
They do it every year, obviously they don't like European indoor season. Or they are engaged in Bush's campaign.:p

I sent it, not very short but she isn't obliged to read it.:worship:

Daniel
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:25 PM
now , only dav and mauresmo are a major thread in Fildestadt.
Good luck :worship: :D

goldenlox
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Even withour Serena and Justine, this will a tough tournament.
I think Anastasia and Sveta are the only winners of a major in the draw.
No Serena, Justine, Venus, Jennifer or Maria.

Daniel
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:43 AM
indeed GL, but we never have to put Lindsay out, she might not win major but still is good in tournament s like this.

Vamos Anastasia :D

Nastyafan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
Nsstya's section:

ZVONAREVA(7) vs Likhovtseva
Pierce vs Suarez

Maleeva vs Dechy
MYSKINA(3) vs BYE

No easy match as expected.. And there still are matches like Weingartner - Q but not for Nastya. And amost all are my favs but how can I think about another fav when she is playing Nastya.
Please Nastya win some matches here!

Daniel
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:38 PM
i think is a pretty fair draw, Maleeva or Dechy would be not that much of a problem, then she already beat Vera Z months ago, so she can do it again. Davenport might be a tough match in the semis

Go Nastya :D

Nastyafan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
I think Maleeva and Dechy are the toughtest unseeded in the draw (with Bovina and maybe Molik) and they can cause problems Nastya even when she is in full shape. Maggie has had great results indoors and Nat is in great form lately too. I dont dare to look further

eddy
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:26 PM
There's tougher unseeded players than Maleeva and Dechy... Pierce and Bovina definitely.

Either way, a difficult match to start for Nastya. She'll really need to raise her game.

Nastyafan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yes, I added Bovina, not sure about Pierce
Nastya owns her 4-1 although that means nothing now

cool_olga
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:10 PM
Not a bad draw but Pity she and Vera can meet in quarterfinal. She can have a good test from Dechy (I guess she wins) and get right match rhythm before qf.

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:47 PM
There's tougher unseeded players than Maleeva and Dechy... Pierce and Bovina definitely.

Either way, a difficult match to start for Nastya. She'll really need to raise her game.
Anastasia has to play better than she has in Bali in NY.
Her normal, solid game should take her far in this event.

JLDementieva
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:51 PM
Wow, with her draw, Nastya had better pick her game up, her draw is full of experienced veterans...

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Nastya has not played well since she had that 5-1 lead against Justine in Athens.
Now she needs to pick it up. It's important to peak next week in Moscow.

Nastyafan
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Nastya/Vera d. Dani/ASV 6-3 7-5:bounce:
Nastya doesn't allow ASV to make a successful comeback in doubles - second straight win over her with different partners. But there were many breaks at least in the second set, maybe the serve still doesn't work well:fiery:

Spunky83
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Ahhh...Vera and Nastya playing doubles together, always a big laugh;)

Congrats for taking the first little step succesfully!!!

cool_olga
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Hehe that's great news. They will practice doubles together again before Moscow. They have runner up throphy to defend :)

Emptiness
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Yay congrats Anastasia and Vera. I really like them together. Not the best team, far too emotional but i bet they have a lot of fun. :D

Hopefully this has gotten Nastya into the grove of things and she'll win her singles match. :bounce:

deckham
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:49 AM
nastya's on her way to getting her game back..... :drink:

she's partnered with vera and will be defending the runners up trophy with her in moscow and she is probably having a lot of fun with her as well.

Ola... i sent a message in your guestbook because i thought that was what i was supposed to do... sorry... i guess i messed that one up .. :eek:

But i will pm you a message very soon... but right now i'm just too tired to think and she deserves my full attention :) ;)

But nastya will bring her full game these 2 weeks... she knows she has to and she knows she can... we're behind you you gorgeous looking brunette!!! :drink:

nastya's off to a brilliant start
we all know she's got the game
compared to what she'll do in singles
today was pretty lame.

for she's excited to get back on the court
i think now she's focused and ready.
she wants to be the number one
and she'll play extremely steady.

we're all behind her a hundred percent
so make sure everyone writes a letter
for if she still has doubt in her mind
our words shall make her better.

you're an amazing star and somewhat poised
just watch those emotions a tad
then raise your trophy in your home of moscow
that would make me a happy lad.

GO NASTYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Nastyafan
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Nastya/Vera
http://192.109.12.45/en/picture_v2.asp?xMax=760&yMax=600&tid=32&did=17&field=Bild&zoom=no

It seems Natya is with a new hair-style. Let's hope it's a mark of a new winning period too.
Deck, you surely have to write a nice poem. Your letter won't be taken without it;)

Emptiness
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Wow Deckham you're a natural poet, a lot of talent just like Nastya...
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/filderstadt/f_16.jpg
:tape:

I think i'll need to see better pictures to decide if i like the new hairstyle or not. :p

Daniel
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:34 AM
*hit Linds with the brush Nastya* :devil: :p :o

Go Nastya !!!!! now it is time to win !!! :bounce:

martirogi
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:11 PM
:hearts: :lick: :drool: i love nastyas new hair style, shes even hotter than before

cool_olga
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Decks if you sent in guestbook then it's taken ;)
I don't think it's really new hairstyle, she has ponytail as usual just made bit different way.
Others send your messages, deadline is tomorrow.

JLDementieva
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:43 PM
ooh la la!! Nastya looks great out there on the court!!!!!!! :D

goldenlox
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:56 PM
It's good to have a bye at these tournaments. Anastasia must realize the advantages of being ranked in the top 4.
It's more than just the race for world #1. It's an advantage at every tournament.
It's worth fighting for.

Spunky83
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:55 PM
:hearts: :lick: :drool: i love nastyas new hair style, shes even hotter than before

:lol: hehe, I think just like Ola already said, it´s just an ordinary pony tail. If you´re a woman you know why you would make a pony tail...if your hair is messed up, you haven´t been to a hair cutter for some months now and you desperately try to hide it ;)

She had this "hair-style" already at the beginning of the year, but she managed to get a cut before the French Open. Maybe she´s waiting for Mandy Moore to have a new innovative hair-cut :eek:

Greetz to all of you guys

cool_olga
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Lol, Mandy inspired her once now she can make her usual one, it;s very good. Or maybe she'll make one in her hairdresser in Moscow :p

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/sopot.jpg
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/sopot2.jpg

Spunky83
Oct 5th, 2004, 07:03 PM

LOL...how cute is it from Nastya to paint a multi-story building :D , you see the players put their name next to "their" house and of course Nastya had to paint something different to the others, really cool!

I don´t know, I wouldn´t really get the idea to paint a multi-story building, if someone tells me to paint a house. And no garden for Nastya :sad: Were they supposed to just paint their own house or what? In that case Sveti would have a castle...Nice! :lol:

BTW: Does Nastya again has a new shirt? I like it (though not as much as the white one at Athens during her match against Eleni;))

Vass22
Oct 5th, 2004, 07:24 PM

LOL...how cute is it from Nastya to paint a multi-story building :D , you see the players put their name next to "their" house and of course Nastya had to paint something different to the others, really cool!

I don´t know, I wouldn´t really get the idea to paint a multi-story building, if someone tells me to paint a house. And no garden for Nastya :sad: Were they supposed to just paint their own house or what? In that case Sveti would have a castle...Nice! :lol:

BTW: Does Nastya again has a new shirt? I like it (though not as much as the white one at Athens during her match against Eleni;))
well atleast Nastya and Sveta had enough imagination to paint something different from others.

Nastyafan
Oct 5th, 2004, 07:47 PM
How do you realize whose is every building, Spunky? I think the flag above the castle in the bottom is Russian, and I don't think any other player would put her country's flag so maybe it's Nastya's castle.
I think Nastya has climbed onto something just to be higher than these biiid babies:lol:

cool_olga
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:19 PM
You see Sveta signature near the castle. I don't really see Natsya's sign there so hers probably is the one Lindsay is hiding.

Spunky83
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:26 PM
You see Sveta signature near the castle. I don't really see Natsya's sign there so hers probably is the one Lindsay is hiding.

You can see Nastya´s name "between" Lindz and Nastya. Just take a second look. If you guys have seen the other pics from the painting, you can see who painted which house, besides they did put their names next to it;) I think it´s a fun idea;)

Spunky83
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:30 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/filderstadt/f_21.jpg

Sveta´s castle;)...I would paint a lighthouse :D

Nastyafan
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:39 PM
How can yoy dechipher signatures on that small picture? Am I blind? Or there are bigger pics? And I didn't know that Sveta has painted a building too. Why she isn't on the pic?

Emptiness
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Whoever painted the WTA logo is a huge dork.I doubt anyone of these girls has the talent to paint that logo. :lol:
And cute name blackenlox ... goldenlox... dork :p

The huge castle is Sveta's and the apartment building is Nastya's.

Nastyafan
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Oops, now I understand:)

martirogi
Oct 6th, 2004, 12:10 AM
lindsay's fat head is blocking nastya's beautiful artwork

Daniel
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Good luck :kiss: :dance:

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Anastasia has won 3 of 4 against Dechy. The last time they met was April 2003, in the semis of Sarasota.

Spunky83
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:35 PM
How can yoy dechipher signatures on that small picture? Am I blind? Or there are bigger pics? And I didn't know that Sveta has painted a building too. Why she isn't on the pic?

LOL...I am as tall as a mouse, so maybe this is the reason why I see everything bigger :)

Emptiness
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:38 PM
With her current form who knows what will happen. Lets hope shes hot off the mark and gets a good start.

Nastyafan
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Nasta/Vera lost again Groenfeld/Sruff 4-6 4-6:sad: :mad: :confused:
I want to believe they tanked the match because Vera hasn't wanted to stay more in Filderstadt, but almost no one mtch ends as I want and the misgiving again seizes me about tomorrow's Nastya's match:scared:

JLDementieva
Oct 6th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Good luck to Nastya tomorrow! :D:D

cool_olga
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Real test today at 14:30 and it will be on tv probably. And I will be at school :sad:

Daniel
Oct 7th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Vamos Nastya, :D

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Nastya 3*-4
and she doesn't play well, alot of easy UE
and I don't like her body language
i'm afraid she will lose:fiery:

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 01:34 PM
as expected 4-6:sad: :fiery:
she saved SP at 3-5 and started to play a bit better, but didnt manage to hold again

fight Nastya please!

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 01:52 PM
3-2 with a break in the second set
more positive play to make 2-0 but tons of UE again

Gowza
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:05 PM
nastya won the 2nd set 6-2!

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Oh 6-2:)
she played very well till 5-2 40-15 but then the closing was painful.
she finaly showed some positive emotions
keep this Nastya please!

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM
2-1 with a break
great winners but stupid UE too

please Nastya get that serve in and don't allow her breakback

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:25 PM
4-1:)
we see some flashes of her best but she still isn't consistent enough
finish her nastya please

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:26 PM
5-1
don't remember justine now please:bowdown:

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:34 PM
A good start to the indoor season. Anastasia wants to peak next week, but she needs a win or two in Fiderstadt.

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Oh she won:bounce: :woohoo: :banana:
some problems closing again and i tough the nightmare could return when she wasted 2MP but she finished with some winners.

Gowza
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:36 PM
nice win nastya, rough start but did well in the last 2 sets. im kind of glad that in the 3rd set it went 5-1 and she ended up taking the game, hopefully that score will help her get over athens. good luck next round nastya!

deckham
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:49 PM
congrats nastya!!!! finally a great come from behind win to get that confidence up again!! you're doing great!!!!!!!!!! :drink:

Daniel
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:05 PM
a win is awin , but i think she need to imporve in next round, that second serve is letting her down, maybe more % of first serves could help her. and trying to go to the net more often .

Vamos Nastya :D

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:10 PM
not the best stat:
1st serve 58%
1st serve won 70%
aces 2
DF 6
winners 16
UE 33
but stil a win is a win and she was looking comparatively good in the last 2 sets.
if she can keep the concentration she should win her next match too

I wonder what she screamed to Jens at one moment (it was on the replay after the match) - siomething like "fite" but I don't guess a simmilar Russian word and why she said she likes Stutgart is it quite near to Filderstadt?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Nastya got the win :) but after a slow start
in interview after match she said she was lacking confidence in 1st set after early losses in last few events.
she got it going in end though and got better as match went on
Nastya was making all the play

Nastya Set 1: ON/OFF/OFF/ON/OFF/OFF/ON/OFF
Set 2: ON/ON/OFF/ON/ON/OFF/ON
Set 3 ON/ON/OFF/ON/ON/ON/ON :D

Daniel
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:40 PM
basically she got off 3 times in the last 2 sets, pretty good, :)

Daniel
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:41 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041007/capt.kstu10810071456.germany_tennis_porsche_grand_ prix__kstu108.jpg

KV
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Nastya got her win :)

Spunky83
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM
and why she said she likes Stutgart is it quite near to Filderstadt?

Yep, actually Filderstadt is a part of Stuttgart. It´s a very little city. Nastya used to live with Gerlach in his home in Stuttgart for some time. Well, she always says she likes Germany for whatever reasons;)

OMG...finally she won a match!!! :bounce: I really hope that Pierce will win her match, cause Elena is always big trouble for Nastya (though that last encounter in Montreal was amazing!!!).

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM
It's going to be Elena L. & Anastasia, two very good friends. The winner gets Davenport in the semis.

Spunky83
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:04 PM
It's going to be Elena L. & Anastasia, two very good friends. The winner gets Davenport in the semis.

Who do I "get"? :lol:

Just imagine Nastya winning against Elena (it´s time for me to bet against her again) and then scoring a win against Lindz, she wouldn´t even have to win the final, but that would make a great mental comeback. No, seriously Elena is a very very dangerous opponent for Nastya, mainly because they know each other so well and its always freaky when a top player has to play against good friends, cause there´s not that much respect...

By the way: Who was this guy, Eurosport showed a few times during the first set? The one sitting behind the court, dark hair, dark eyes, looks cute;)...it wasn´t Nastya´s boyfriend, was it?...Maybe it was just a camera-woman this time :confused:

JLDementieva
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:35 PM
YAY! Congrats to Nastya on her win!!!! keep it up girlie!

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Yep, actually Filderstadt is a part of Stuttgart. It´s a very little city. Nastya used to live with Gerlach in his home in Stuttgart for some time. Well, she always says she likes Germany for whatever reasons;)

OMG...finally she won a match!!! :bounce: I really hope that Pierce will win her match, cause Elena is always big trouble for Nastya (though that last encounter in Montreal was amazing!!!).Thanks that's interesting stadt in stadt:rolleyes:. Of course I know Jens is from Stutgart therefore I tought if Nastya hasn't confused.
I think they showed 2 guys besides Jens but I don't think any of them was Nastya's b/f, indeed they looked good and Stepanov is...:fiery: Maybe Nat's husband and coach:unsure:

Pff ElenaL. again. I hope Nastya can't lose 3 times in a row to her compatriot, and "best friend" can she? But definitely that Elena:devil: will play like mad again and it will be a very tough match and Davenport will await in SF again like in San Diego. She already beat one of my favs (Vera) and after Montreal can I hate her even more?
Please Nastya your #1 Russian place is in danger, show her who is still the best Russian!:yeah:

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:37 PM
In 2004 points, Sveta leads Nastya by about 350 points. So Nastya will have to do much better for the rest of 2004 to hold her position as Russian #1.
Lindsay, Amelie, Sveta and Nastya are 1, 2, 3, and 4 in 2004 points.
And they could meet in the 2 semis.

tenn_ace
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:51 PM
http://sport.gazeta.ru/files/182217/mysk_2.jpg;)

Emptiness
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:06 PM
http://192.109.12.45/en/picture_v2.asp?xMax=760&yMax=600&tid=32&did=43&field=Bild&zoom=no
The white is very eye catching... :lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Pfff the organizers didn't surprise me again. Momo of course as always on Eurosport and Nastya the last match before eventual SF with Davenport as the whole summer.. :fiery: Why are Davenport and Momo favourites of all organizers? Aren't there men who appreciate woman's beauty?

I wonder if at least in Moscow they will do the schedule in her favour.

cool_olga
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:53 PM
It's not local people making schedule from what I heard it is supervisor, somebody from up but i am not sure.

I am disappointed with this match, Nastya wasn't herself. She always plays smart and keeps ball in and today was rushing and so many errors. That's not a good play and I am afraid of Likho, she lost to her when she was great shape in Montreal, hope she can focus and find good motivation for tomorrow. Eventual win against LIndsay would make her back but it'a far away.

I don't know what guy are you talking about but I saw they are showing two men mostly, it was Jens and Mary Pierce's coach ( I don't know if she still coaches her), I mean this with bit longer hair, you mean him?
And at the beginning was one older man with Jens, it was old player.

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:29 PM
If the supervisor makes the schedule it's more explicably - he (she) is a person close related with WTA, America, they want Davenport to be a superstart and do everything in her favour. Maybe someone will call it paranoia, but just take notice, she is again the only player of top 4 who played her first match on Wednesday, but her QF opponent played last on Thursday. Her SF opponent plays the last match too. And it isn't only here, it's ALWAYS.:fiery:

I think they showed one more guy but I don't remember how exactly he looked, I taped parts of the match, but not him:)

cool_olga
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Relax...Lindsay is big star much bigger and better known than Nastya. Maybe people want to see her more. We as nastya's fans want her to be on tv and have best schedules but in general Lindsay is much more popular and done in tennis more maybe that's why it's in her favour.
Supervisors not only American. We had Spain and Italy if i remember well.
I'll watch the tape once again maybe in time, maybe will catch the guy. But the match was too boring to watch again.

Spunky83
Oct 7th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but didn´t Eurosport broadcasted Nastya´s whole match today? I think it´s ok, just remember how many matches of Nastya we did get to see from Montreal (due to night match only replays), I think the one against Rubin was the only one we didn´t get to see.

Lindz last match wasn´t broadcasted either...it´s fine. It´s friday night, let the people get some excitement watching Nastya in the evening match, what´s so bad about this?

Oh and by the way: I think there were some nice points from Nastya, nice winners, bad errors, but still...most important thing is that she won a match!

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 10:21 PM
The supervisors may be from everywhere but they are paid by WTA and they fulfil the instructions of the bosses of WTA. And last I noticed not about the TV schedule but about the schedule of Davenport and her opponents, that has nothing to do with whom people want to see . In California she never played night match although she is a home-favourite and the biggest public is on the evening matches.
But you are her fan too, I won't convince you;)

Nastyafan
Oct 7th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Oops it was to Ola , but Spunky jumped on me too. But as I said just check how many times Davenport has played against non-well rested opponent and how many times she has had less time before an important match and tell me it's accidentally

Gowza
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:49 AM
nastya plays lena l today, all russian match ups are tough but the russians are really competitive so usually it means a good match. lena is having a good run. go get her nastya!

Gowza
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Friday, October 8, 2004

Centre Court (from 13.00hrs)
1. Mauresmo vs. Raymond
2. Jankovic vs. Davenport
3. Kuznetsova vs. Zuluaga
4. Likhovtseva vs. Myskina (NB 18.00hrs)
5. Black/Stubbs vs. Davenport/Morariu

Emptiness
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Another Russian showdown.. I'm not sure if Anastasia can pull it off. Lena L seems to be on fire this week and Nastya seems to have many many lapses. This time she can't afford to do that. However Lena came out pretty cold yesturday but against Nastya i think shes going to really give it her all.

On a side note i came home thinking Eurosport would put up Nastya's interview but no! They put up Lena L and Bovina but not Myskina?! Arrrrrrrrrrgh!! +pulls out hair!!+ Sometimes i feel like i'm a fan of numbers and words rather than tennis and real people. :sad:

On another side note. Nastya is looking really good.

http://xs.to/pics/04105/porsche-grand-prix-04-08.jpg

If anyone wants to see a little clip of Nastya from two years ago. She looks like a little rocker. :lol:
http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=F388ED66EDAEEBCE19A7456CA967D08D

cool_olga
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Nastya is not a favpourite of media, she never was. It's irritating me too sometimes when they show everybody but not Nastya somewhere. She was bit more popular after FO but now everything is back to normal. Well, we just have to live with in but I don't really know why they make it that way.

Princess Sarah.
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:42 AM
it's probably because she's not the typical russian show pony and not blonde
I like her heaps thos she rocks!

Nastyafan
Oct 8th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I'm clear, the favourite of WTA is Davenport because she is an American and the Americans should be the best everywhere, she is the only American hope this year and WTA will do everything possible to put her on top and prevent from a retirement. I'm more curious to know why Eurosport's darling is Momo. I already don't remember when was the last her match they missed. I know, she is #1 now but I'm sure she was on Eurosport at least 50% more than every other player for the last 2 years when she wasn't . Sveta is the hotest player now (and I'm not her fan) but she hasn't been on Eurosport this week yet. I don't know if Eurosport has a vote in the preparation of the schedules but I don't believe it's accidentlally either. Are they all French or bisexual?:confused: What a taste:fiery:

Daniel
Oct 8th, 2004, 01:16 PM
pffff she is the last match, if she wins she will be tired for the semifinal match .

Vamos Nastya :kiss:

cool_olga
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah they show momo very often but Eurosport has settled schedule much much before the tournament how many hours they show and what time and the schedule of matches is made evening day before so they have nothing to do who they show in this situation.
But the other case is during Grand Slams, then they can choose what they show and i have to say they show Momo really often, actually all GS matches...Maybe that's because Eurosport's base is in Paris?(not sure of that).

goldenlox
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Anastasia is going to get plenty of attention. As the French Open champion, and one of the top Russians, next year she will get plenty of media.
Especially during the clay court season.

the cat
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Nastyafan, I hope you remember that Davenport was seeded 5th at the U.S. Open when she should have been seeded #1 or #2 after she won all 4 of her U.S. Open warmup tournaments this summer.

And GL is right about how Anastasia will get alot of media attention next year. Ana is charming and nice and the media and tennis fans will find that out soon enough. :) I just hope Nastya can find her form this fall and have that lawsuit dealt with as quickly as possible so the publicity for the lawsuit won't bother her next year.

goldenlox
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I think a lot of people still see Lindsay as the best player since Wimbledon. Even though Sveta beat her, and Amelie is #1.
If Nastya wins this match, she'll great plenty of media coverage the rest of the tournament.
And she'll be a star in Moscow. The defending champion.

cool_olga
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Damn 6-4 for Lena :( :(

goldenlox
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:15 PM
4-6, 6-0.

KV
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Nastya leads *2-1 FS

KV
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Nastya leads *4-1 FS

martirogi
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:38 PM
:worship: lets hope its 4-2 and not 5-1 next

martirogi
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:40 PM
looks like she listened to my advice 4-2, no need to worry now

KV
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:40 PM
FS Nastya 4-2*

goldenlox
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:41 PM
5-2

martirogi
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Nastya won!!! :worship: :hearts: :D :bounce: :clap2: :bigwave: :yippee: :banana: :aparty: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

goldenlox
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:47 PM
The next one against Lindsay will be very tough. But that's two good wins before Moscow.

KV
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Congratulations for reaching the semis. Good luck vs. Lindsay :)

Nastyafan
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:05 PM
:woohoo: Nastya, you finaly beat her again :bigclap: :banana: :bounce:
I deliberately didn't follow the scores because I was sure it will be 3 setter (I made a bet 5$ for 22.5+ games:banana: ) and it's too painful to me to follow the scores but it has been like yesterday - a bad 1st set but easy next 2:worship: and maybe you won't be too tired for tomorrow. I hope this will boost your confidence and you are ready to prove who is the best Russian again.
Please rest well, remember Leipzig last yeat and find strength to beat that bid ... tomorrow. Just don't be afraid of her size and try to move her, two your compatriots did it this year, and you are the best Russian:yeah:

Ola, Eurosport settle their schedule much earlier but as they pay WTA and probably are the only sponsor who cares about the schedule, maybe they can choose wich match they prefer and the people who settle the tournament's schedule are obliged to comply with their preferences.

Cat, what would have been the explanation for seeding Davenport #1 at USO? That someone thinks that she is the best? Then RG surely would seed Momo as #1 and Wimby maybe ...Baltacha. That she won some warm-up tourneys? Then RG should seed Venus. Only Wimby has made such a wilfulness but at least they have some reason.
And let's face the facts, Nastya will never get alot of media attention unless she becomes a dominant force, Sveta won't either - they aren't Americans, Nastya isn't blond, Sveta isn't pretty. I wonder what is the case with Momo but probably it's only with Eurosport.

deckham
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:27 PM
The next one against Lindsay will be very tough. But that's two good wins before Moscow.
sounds like your already saying nastya's going to lose their goldenlox... we don't like those posts in here.... :fiery:

:drink:

nastya loves losing that first set to fire herself up... i'll expect the same against lindsey.... :hehehe:

Nastyafan
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Likhovtseva has received "attention for dizziness and dehydration". Does that mean that the score of the last 2 sets isn't real and Nastya hasn't played well?:confused: :unsure: :scared:

cool_olga
Oct 8th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Wow you have been optimistic for few minutes NF.
It's a good win she gets confidence. Lindsay is not a robot Nastya has a chance.
And all live :D I hope Nastya gives us good emotions.

cool_olga
Oct 8th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Oh, as for this painted house on this pic it's seen clear Nastya's
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/filderstadt/f_14.jpg

martirogi
Oct 9th, 2004, 12:04 AM
does nastya live in an apartment?

Daniel
Oct 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
she lives in a castle

Good luck !!!! :D :kiss: :worship:

Daniel
Oct 9th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Moscow's Draw

6 ZVONAREVA Vera RUS vs DECHY Nathalie FRA
SMASHNOVA Anna ISR vs SPREM Karolina CRO
ZULUAGA Fabiola COL vs LIKHOVTSEVA Elena RUS
3 MYSKINA Anastasia RUS bye

Again playing vs. ELena L , not a god idea ;) and also Vera Z if she makes it ot the QF

cool_olga
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Nastya lost 2-6, 4-6.
She again was afraid of Lindsay and very nervous. It was best score with her so far though. The second serve...it was the key.
Likho again :eek: gosh how many times they can play each other. But now nastya is up, then Vera. It's bad she will have to play two her best friend at home.

Nastyafan
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Nastya:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

My optimism lasted too shortly. Now I'm more pessimistic than ever. Her attitude today showed clearly - she had lost before the start, she doesn't believe she can beat Davenport, her post-RG confidence has gone. Or she doesn't care - she almost didn't show any emotions she didn't want to fight she didn.'t know the score in some moments. And her serve becomes more and more pathetic. How easily she lost her last 2 serving games after being 30-0 up.

Moscow is my last hope . If i won't see the previous desire, figting spirit, fire there I'm afraid they will be never back :fiery:

Nastyafan
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Ola you still found something optimistic - she lost with the "best score" If she continues "improving" her results in that tempo maybe she will beat her about 2010 - in senior tourney.BTW she lost to 4, 4 at Hopman cup this year.
Could any loss be with a good score for a player who 2 months ago wanted to be the best? Nastya had little deserts for these 4 games, Davenport was trying winners from every shot but was missing more. Indeed when Nastya was managing to move her she almost always won the points, but mostly she was keeping to return in the middle. , she rarely was trying to change the pace and the direction and never tried a dropshot. But not the score, Nastya's attitude worries me. Even leading 4-1 Nastya wasn't believing she can turn this match around - Sveta was pumping herself even being 3-5 down in the second set after missing tons of chances in the first (as in their Olympic match) but Nastya never showed positive emotions, Positive emotions often affect your opponent and Davenport is very vulnerable in that aspect, we saw how she fell apart vs Masha and Sveta, why Nastya doesn't do that. That isn't an attitude of a champion

goldenlox
Oct 9th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Even though Lindsay didn't win a major this year, she's been the best player since Wimbledon.
And Anastasia is scheduled to play her in Moscow, if they both make the semis.
So for Nastya to defend her title, she will have to beat the best player in the world.

goldenlox
Oct 9th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Anastasia's draw could be Lena L., Vera, and Lindsay. All three give her a tough time.

Nastyafan
Oct 10th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Nastya has not just lost the biggest match of her career. She has not just lost her lifetme chance for Olympics. Not only any her realistic chances for #1 rankings were irreversibly dashed today. She was delivered a huge psychological blow. If she could not beat this emotionless piece of stone when Henin was after not playing almost half of year. Chances are that she will never be even close to beating her again. Nastya today was shown her place in elite of tennis.. Today's loss will badly affect her confidence and motivation. From now on I see her going in only one direction - downhill. My prediction is a loss tomorrow, early loss at US Open. Going through the motions in indoors season. I would leave some slight hope that she will recover during offseason, but chances are that she will be out of top 10 before the end of the next year. I hope she reads this and proves me wrong.You are a prophet ys!:hatoff:Unfortunately a very bad prophet.:sad: You would have been killed in ancient Sparta. :armed:.
Although my thoughts were in the same direction and I'm the second pessimist here I though that you are too extreme and exaggerate. Unfortunately your prediction came true 100% so far. Loss to Molik, early exit at USO, today Nastya showed that she has already accepted the fact that "her place in elite of tennis" isn't among the very best. There was no fire, no desire in her eyes, only resignation and helplessness. I accept today's loss worse than USO and Bali - then I knew she wouldn't be motivated to fight. I hoped Moscow will light the fire in her eyes again but now that hope is too slight, the resignanion there hardly could be burnt. If she has seen Moscow's draw probably she has already written the title off. The thought that Davenport will await her in SF probably will be in her mind from the first match and will cause an earlier loss (maybe even deliberate). When in an interview she was speaking about her loss in San Diego I had a hope she was kidding, now I know she has been just honest. This is terrible I don't want to accept that fact- the girl I adore feels helpless, is intimidated by that big cow I really hate.:devil:
Please Nastya, do something, believe again in yourself, don't ruin all my hopes and dreams, otherwise I should stop caring about tennis (if I could) or I will go crazy :crazy::banghead:

Emptiness
Oct 10th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Yes she has lost a lot of confidence and lost that match to Lindsay before even stepping foot on the court. But she will gain that confidence back, she has good people surrounding her, seems to have a loving family, supporting coach, supporting friends. Don't give up on her. ... Ahs! Look at all this sickening optimistic postive crap thats i'm posting but someone has to level the extreme negativity. Perhaps in the off season a miracle will happen and she will improve that horrible second serve and increase the reliability of her first. Who knows? No one believed she'd win a grand slam let alone enter the top 10 or even top 20. She has improved so much, whose to say she cannot keep improving? Psychologically she has been presented with a mountain to climb but i believe the people she has surrounded herself with will help her overcome it. A while ago she was content with quarter finals was she not?

http://xs.to/pics/04100/porsche-grand-prix-04-56.jpg
Anastasia thinks: My right nipple just popped. Damn those over-paid nipple tweakers, it was suppose to pop before i came on court.

Did i manage to get a smile? :shrug:

jochem
Oct 10th, 2004, 10:21 AM
nice pic frangrance...
i can't understand why the world no.3 and RG champ is soooo afraid of the world no.2, allthough I know what Nastya has gone through the past couple of weeks. She just had nothing to lose against Davenport, I mean she lost to her so many times and Nastya is not playing well so who cares If she lost , but she just seemes so afraid of opponentes recently. Poor her...

Nastyafan
Oct 10th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks Fragrance you got. A small and sad smile but a smile.
Yes, few people belived a year ago she is capable of winning a slam, tier 1. But she was one of them. She had no big titles but she had desire, goals, dreams, self-belief, she knew she is her way up, nothing was impossible for her. Now she has big titles but what more? Goals, dreams? She acieved one and lost (probably irretrievably) two, there is one (least important) left.And if Tarpishev is smart he has to choose Sveta and LenaD.for FC finals, not Nastya in her current condition Next? Desire for improving? I doubt, it's possible only if you have big goals you want badly. Self-belief? It's badly wounded after losing the match of her lifetime, after suffering these routs from D. Impossibe things? I'm afraid there are some already in her mind - beating D., #1.... She is in a huuuuge psychological hole and I doubt the loving family and supporting coach and friends could bring her out of there. She is too complex character and "Go Nastya" We love you" You can" won't be enough. IMO only a very good psychologist could help her now, she needs him badly and urgently if she still wants to be one of the very best. Her mind should be fully cleaned, she should start as from the begining. But does she still want this badly or her mind is already out of tennis?

Daniel
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Nastya :clap2: :D

goldenlox
Oct 10th, 2004, 04:41 PM
One match at a time. This is a very tough tournament. Every match will be competitive.

goldenlox
Oct 10th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Nastya plays doubles with Vera tomorrow.

Spunky83
Oct 10th, 2004, 07:17 PM
BTW...I was home over the weekend, my mother said she had a surprise for me. Actually she taped an interview with Nastya and Jens Gerlach. I was so happy about my mother doing that. They both were invited to a local german tv sports show, the interview lasted about 15 minutes. Unfortunately my mother tuned in late, but the stuff she taped was quite funny and interesting. Nastya had a pink pullover which said "Bad Girl" and she had tons of make-up on her face (my mother:"She didn´t look like her;)).

They talked about what Germany means to Nastya, her eating habits, russian tennis and that Jens doesn´t let her drive in Germany. Interesting note: She still stays at Gerlach´s parents´ house when playing Filderstadt.

I´ll try to do an transcript if you guys want to read it!

Nastyafan
Oct 10th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks Spunky. It would be very nice if you could do a transcript, everything about Nastya interests me.
I thought the German media doesn't care much about tennis after Graf, Huber, Beker retired. Even more about Nastya but probably their partnership with Jens makes the things more interesting for German public.
She stays at Jens parents? :confused: That's very interesting, maybe Nastya still isn't clear about her personal emotional life. And he doesn't let her drive:confused: Why? Because he thinks she isn't a good driver? How he dares! And I thought Nastya isn't dutiful even on the court, much less in the life, that she is "bad girl" like her pullover. Too bad I didn't see that bad girl yesterday on the court.
Was that interview after her SF? And did she said something about her goals, ambitions in tennis?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 10th, 2004, 09:02 PM
good luck Nastya in Moscow :)
things will pick up :)

just do your best in defending the title :)
Filderstadt did show signs of Nastya springing back to life
lets hope she continues :)

Spunky83
Oct 10th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks Spunky. It would be very nice if you could do a transcript, everything about Nastya interests me.
I thought the German media doesn't care much about tennis after Graf, Huber, Beker retired. Even more about Nastya but probably their partnership with Jens makes the things more interesting for German public.
She stays at Jens parents? :confused: That's very interesting, maybe Nastya still isn't clear about her personal emotional life. And he doesn't let her drive:confused: Why? Because he thinks she isn't a good driver? How he dares! And I thought Nastya isn't dutiful even on the court, much less in the life, that she is "bad girl" like her pullover. Too bad I didn't see that bad girl yesterday on the court.
Was that interview after her SF? And did she said something about her goals, ambitions in tennis?

I´ll do the transcript later. Well like I said it was a local channel so they had to promote the tourney which is why they had Nastya, Gerlach and Huber there. It was Nastya cause Gerlach lives in Stuttgart so that´s another reason why exactly her. It was on sunday.

Eurosport got to talk a lot to Nastya and her coach (again because he´s german). The commentators said that they talked to both of them before the tourney and they said that before the year started, they´ve made a list of accomplishment they wanted to reach this year, which were:
- SF of a Slam
- Two bigger tourney titles
- Staying russian number one
- Breaking through the top 5
- Playing well in Moscow

...so basically she had a very good year.

Nastya used to live with Gerlach in his Stuttgart home when they were together. The Eurosport guys also said that they are still good friends, I mean what´s the difference between living in the same hotel or staying at the same house (maybe Gerlach is staying with Family Myskina in Moscow?!?). Don´t think it´s an emotional thing what so ever. I remember Nastya constantly making funny faces and grimaces towards her coach while playing doubles with Vera in Berlin this year on a small court, it was fun. They still have a great relationship, I guess you can see this.

Transcript to follow... :wavey:

BTW: Any signs of Ola? Hope she´s doing well.

Spunky83
Oct 10th, 2004, 09:22 PM
good luck Nastya in Moscow :)
things will pick up :)

just do your best in defending the title :)
Filderstadt did show signs of Nastya springing back to life
lets hope she continues :)

Yep, same here! Maybe this time she will be able to find her own seat after the matchpoint... :lol: ...great

Emptiness
Oct 11th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Nastya lived with Jens' parents? That man has it made doesn't he. :lol:

I can't wait for the transcript! And can't wait to watch her and Vera's match tonight. It'll be first time i've seen her play since Montreal... i can't believe how ridiculously excited i am.
:woohoo:
And i'll get to watch Marat. I love Kremlin Cup haha.

Daniel
Oct 11th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Vamos Nastya and Vera in doubles :D

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 11:20 AM
I´ll do the transcript later. Well like I said it was a local channel so they had to promote the tourney which is why they had Nastya, Gerlach and Huber there. It was Nastya cause Gerlach lives in Stuttgart so that´s another reason why exactly her. It was on sunday.

Eurosport got to talk a lot to Nastya and her coach (again because he´s german). The commentators said that they talked to both of them before the tourney and they said that before the year started, they´ve made a list of accomplishment they wanted to reach this year, which were:
- SF of a Slam
- Two bigger tourney titles
- Staying russian number one
- Breaking through the top 5
- Playing well in Moscow

...so basically she had a very good year.

Nastya used to live with Gerlach in his Stuttgart home when they were together. The Eurosport guys also said that they are still good friends, I mean what´s the difference between living in the same hotel or staying at the same house (maybe Gerlach is staying with Family Myskina in Moscow?!?). Don´t think it´s an emotional thing what so ever. I remember Nastya constantly making funny faces and grimaces towards her coach while playing doubles with Vera in Berlin this year on a small court, it was fun. They still have a great relationship, I guess you can see this.

Transcript to follow... :wavey:

BTW: Any signs of Ola? Hope she´s doing well.Hmm. I don't think living in the same hotel and in the same house is alike. Most of players stay in the same hotel with their coaches but how many in the same house. I would feel awkward in the house of my ex-g/f's parents. Generally I think it's almost impossible being good friend after being much closer. but maybe they are an exception. Or they haven't become cold each other yet. I wonder how Stepanow accepts this.

Hmm, this year she announced much higher goals. She said that they have set a GS win after KC last year. And wasn't she top 5 then? Now she lowers her goals, another bad sign IMO - it shows a lack of confidence and resignation. Yes the year was fantastic in terms of achievements but the tendency in the end is horrible. The chances are that this will stay her best year and her swan song

cool_olga
Oct 11th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Yep yep I give my sign. I'm very tired after the trip and will stay here couple of hours, was some problems with getting id, all security and stuff speak only Russian. But wow I am so impressec,Olimpijsky is so huge and beautiful, really great it will just take some time till I don't feel lost here :eek:

I talked to Jens few words he was rushing to practice, saw Nastya just from far with phone as usual. Hope I can give her your messages soon though.

Emptiness
Oct 11th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I bet they still have sex.

And OMG NegFan she said those were her goals for this year, she surpassed them. I think i'm gonnahttp://img9.imgspot.com/u/04/279/19/surrender.gif on you.

Olga hope you have fun in Moscow. You're so lucky.. the live video sucks its like a low quality slideshow. :sobbing:

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I hope you will have a great time there Ola and Nastya will have a part in that. We will await a report from her doubles tonight and photos when you can.
Nastya, throw that phone for a while, you need to be concentrated only on tennis now!

Daniel
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Fragance, :o

well he is good looking and she is cute too, :drool:

Vamos Nastya, Olga, take pics please :hug:

Spunky83
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Yay...7-5 6-3...well done!!!

So thankful that Moscow has online coverage, very cool!

Just like I said during the Olympics, I LOVE this new outfit of Nastya, esp. the red/white one.

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Nastya/Vera beat Patty/Dani 7-5 6-3
Good win girls!
Now Nastya probably will have 2 free days for the family, speaking on phone and reading our letters:lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Did the online coverage work fine for you?
I was able to catch only some frames and Nastya wasn't there:mad:

nouf
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:41 PM
noufcaps!

http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap010.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap022.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap023.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap057.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap058.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap061.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap068.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap069.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/kremlin/doubledani/bscap070.jpg

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks nouf!
But it's the outfit she played against Davenport (top part). It' very sexy but the losing outfits always provoke mixed feelings in me

Spunky83
Oct 11th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Transcription of the tv show´s interview

Like I said, my mother taped a sports-show which had Nastya and Gerlach as guests last Sunday before the tourney hit off. It´s a local channel, so that´s basically the reason why Gerlach was invited (his home-city).

My mum tuned in a little bit late, but still it´s quite funny.

Host:
unknown question

Nastya:
Well, he (Gerlach) knows that I don´t like to practice so much, so many hours, that´s why he let´s me pratice less. He´s a great coach and a great friend. Maybe he would behave differently if it was another player.

Host (to Gerlach):
Have you already teached her how to speak Schwaebisch (german dialect)?

Gerlach (smiles):
No, not really. But she knows Speatzle (typical south german noodles)

Everyone laughs, Nastya looks a bit embarassed, down at her feet :lol:

Host (to Nastya):
So, how do you like his home country? Is there something you like especially about Stuttgart?

Nastya:
I love Stuttgart, I have spent so much time here, living a few weeks here and practicing. It´s really a very nice city and I try to learn some german but it´s indeed a very difficult language, but like I said, I love to be here.

Host:
Well, it´s obvious, that…well, this russian tennis phanomenon, there are 4 russians in the top ten, so what´s your explanation for this?

Nastya:
I think we have a good competition, so we are pushing each other and we try to show everyone who´s the best every week. There are so many good players and I know that, if I don´t play well enough or don´t practice hard enough I know that I will never be number one, so that´s basically the reason why I practice hard and play as hard as I can.

Host (to Gerlach):
Do you have the same opinion or do you see another reason?

Gerlach:
Well, like you already said, there´s a tennis boom in russia and like Anastasia said, the girls have a really hard competion against each other. So that´s the reason why.

Host (to Nastya):
Your victory in Paris was a historical one. In the final you had to play a good friend of yours, Elena Dementieva. How hard was that situation?

Nastya:
Yes, it was very difficult for me, cause we know each other since we were six years old. I was really scared to go on court, I mean we played so many matches against each other at smaller tourneys, but this time it was the biggest match of our careers, but everything went well and I was very happy about it.

Host:
As you already said, you played against each other when you were kids. I´ve heard that you have even played for a pizza once?

Nastya (smiling):
Yes, that´s right. We´ve played once for a pizza and I think I´ve even won that match, but that´s really a long time ago.

Host:
Boris Jelzin is said to be one of your biggest and most loyal fans. How do you keep contact with him? Does he call you when you win a tourney or how does the contact between you to look like?

Nastya:
Well, he´s not really calling me, though he was the first one who called me after my victory in France. He´s like a grandpa to us, like a godfather. He´s the biggest fan of our team and of course he attends every tourney when we are playing in Russia.

Host (to Gerlach):
What are her greatest qualities on court? How do you see it as her coach?

Gerlach:
Well, for once her baseline game, she has like the best backhand on the tour (Nastya looks at him and gives him the most doubtful irritated look, then looks down, shakes her head a bit and smiles), she is very fast and she has great on-court anticipation and she can adopt the opponent´s game very fast, no matter who she´s playing.

Host:
So, what are your aims, I mean now it´s Filderstadt, but after Filderstadt?

Nastya:
The YEC, though I want to play well in every tourney especially here in Germany, cause it´s the home of my coach. But as a pro you have to play well everywhere.

Host:
You´re scheduled to play doubles tomorrow. Who are you playing against?

Nastya:
Yeah, we are playing doubles tomorrow, which is why I have to go to bed soon (smiling).

Host (crowd and Host laughing):
Ok, well we got that hint. You´ve got a bye in the first round, so the first singles-match might take a while.

(short question to Anke Huber)

Host:
Well, Anastasia, we wish you the best for the tourney and don´t leave before we give you these presents (gives teddy bears to both of them, Nastya also gets flowers).

Both say "thank you", the flowers are so heavy she turns to Gerlach and makes a comment about it, smiling (inaudible)

Host:
Well, I think you would be also happy about the price of the tourney…would you like to have the sports-car?

Nastya (laughing):
Oh, yeah for sure. But we are playing, because we love tennis so much though the car would be nice (rolls eyes).

Host:
So would you let him drive with your car then?

Nastya:
Uhmmm…(Gerlach and Nastya smiling at each other), he hasn´t let me drive yet in Germany…uhmm…(everyone laughs)

Host:
So, ok, you will arrange that. Thank you for your visit.

LOL...you really wouldn´t expect them both to have such a great relationship when you see Nastya on court ;) . It was really cute though both of them obviously didn´t feel comfortable in front of tv cameras and having tons of make-up on their faces (Jens looked really cute though...)

Sorry, but I don´t have a tv-card otherwise I would have digitalize it :)

Spunky83
Oct 11th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Did the online coverage work fine for you?
I was able to catch only some frames and Nastya wasn't there:mad:

Well, I have the fastest connection possible here in Germany, but still the connection broke sometimes. The first set was bad but the second one was better quality. I´m glad that it exists at all;)

cool_olga
Oct 11th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Maybe she was wearing this top because b/f was there watching...
Nastya seems to be reeaally busy here, rushing here and there, she's at home :)
Match was not that bad they played some points really good. I of course took some pics but you know will develop when back, but we'll try to put some from digi cam tomorrow.
I think I like Jens more than Nastya :rolleyes: :lol:

KV
Oct 11th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Good doubles win :D

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Thanks again Spunky, very cool interview.:worship:
Ii seems they have been in very good mood and their relationship is really great. But Nastya you have to practice harder especially that damn serve!:fiery:
I wonder she mentioned YEC but not Moscow as her priority. Of course YEC is more prestigious but defending the title in her hometown should be more emotional and special for her personality.
Nastya got another teddy bear (after our birthday present):) . Excuse me for the ignorance but are teddy bears some symbol and where are they from - some film, game..? (you know I'm a bit older).

Ola, were Jens and b/f sitting together during the match. And does Stepanov look more acceptable live?
I think I like Jens more than Nastya :rolleyes: :lol:I think their relations are complicated enough, don't mess them even more;) :lol:

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 07:44 PM
11.10.04 14:08

Мыскина готова выиграть в Москве

Победительница Кубка Кремля-2003 россиянка Анастасия Мыскина намерена защитить свой прошлогодний титул. Как сообщает из СК «Олимпийский» корреспондент РТР-Спорт.Ru, Настя прибыла на родину из немецкого Фильдерштадта в приподнятом настроении. Связано это с тем, что домашний турнир связан для Мыскиной с наилучшими воспоминаниями.
«Формула моего успеха – это работа и те цели, которые ставишь перед собой, - говорит Мыскина. - Но, несмотря ни на что, Кубок Кремля – мой любимый турнир. Хотя играть дома – это и большая ответственность. Тем более, что конкуренция в этом году как никогда высокая, всем хочется выиграть. Думаю, что в Москве будут стараться победить и наши девушки, и Амели Моресмо, и Линдсей Дэвенпорт. Мне же приятно вспоминать прошлогоднюю победу, но сегодня уже будет другой турнир. Соперницы намерены отобрать у меня титул, а я буду защищаться. Важно, что сейчас нет проходных матчей, уже первая же соперница может доставить массу неприятностей. Я постараюсь победить, несмотря на силу того, кто будет играть на другой стороне корта. Спад в моей игре конечно был связан с Олимпиадой. После поражения там были сильные переживания. И остался неприятный осадок. Но в то же время из-за того, что я неважно выступила на нескольких турнирах, выбывая на ранних стадиях, могу сказать, что я и успокоилась, и даже как бы отдохнула. Так что здесь, в Москве, я полна сил сражаться за победу».

Glad to hear so positive thinking from her again. Please Nastya make it happen!

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
МОСКВА, 11 окт - РИА «Новости»
Действующая чемпионка московского теннисного турнира «Кубок Кремля» Анастасия Мыскина считает, что отстоять завоеванный титул будет очень сложно.
Об этом первая ракетка России сказала в понедельник на брифинге, который состоялся в СК «Олимпийский».

Теннисистка призналась, что «Кубок Кремля» ее самый любимый турнир, но участие в нем накладывает большую ответственность. «С прошлого года многое изменилось, это другой турнир, другой год, и приехали другие теннисистки, - сказала Мыскина. - Все находятся в хорошей форме, и если не настроиться на игру или выйти на корт расслабленной, то можно проиграть».

По словам Мыскиной, соперничество россиянок друг с другом превратится в своего рода турнир за место в сборной на Кубке Федерации.

«Ты должна выигрывать у соотечественниц, если хочешь играть за сборную. Я хочу показать своей игрой, что являюсь лучшей теннисисткой России неслучайно», - сказала Мыскина.

Рассуждая о своих дальнейших планах, победительница Открытого чемпионата Франции призналась, что ей «хотелось бы доиграть год на таком же уровне, как и в начале сезона».

Свое выступление на «Кубке Кремля»-2004 Анастасия Мыскина начнет со второго круга. Ее соперницей станет либо соотечественница Елена Лиховцева, либо колумбийка Фабиола Сулуага.

Spunky83
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks N-Fan, she does indeed sound more positive than a few weeks ago. Maybe winning those two matches in Filderstadt gave her a little boost. But she´s right with saying that the competition is really high in Moscow. Should be an awesome match between Elena and Nastya. I didn´t have the opportunity to watch the last one, so I am pretty glad the next encounter is already right behind the corner.

@Ola: Hey, you´re alive!!! Yeah, Jens is super friendly and pretty cute!

deckham
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:14 PM
glad you're having a good time over there ola..... you got to witness nastya's first win of the tourney :yeah:

it's great to see nastya and coach/ex-boyfriend jens still have a great relationship... shows a lot of maturity on both their parts :) ... very professional...

we can't wait on all the updates from you ola... hope she has the time to read those messages to further boost that confidence and wonderful personality of hers...

nastya is a riot
also pretty shy
hangs around with jens
a pretty cool guy

she's thrilled to be in moscow
her hometown loves her much
we all would love to be there
to support and watch and such

nastya certainly needs no makeup
a natural beauty all the way
a vivacious spirit on the court
i love to watch her play

just have fun in moscow
for that's what tennis is for you
we are all right there in spirit
we all know what you can do :drink:

go nastya! :woohoo: :drink: :woohoo: (and the drink is vodka ofcourse... she's in moscow!!!)

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I don't wan't Elena L on Nastya's way, I will cheer for Fabiola. I don't want more exciiting thrillers with Nastya's participation. I wan't a run like last year - without dropping a set. Let others make thrillers.

Wow deck you are back with a nice poem. :wavey: But you leave the thread in the most difficult moments and there is no one to disperse my gloomy thoughts:fiery:

deckham
Oct 11th, 2004, 09:30 PM
i'm here for ya nastyafan... :yeah: :drink:

she's in moscow .. probably the tournament she'll get her groove back in. she loves home and she loves this tournament.. and mauresmo, who she beat last year, is gone. only good things from now on from our lovely nastya!!! woohooo!!!!

drinks all around for nastya!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Nastyafan
Oct 11th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Yea, that are good things but I (as Neg-fan) can always see the bad. Momo is out but too late and Nastya stays in Davenport's half and she is the main threat for Nastya. Watching how scared and disbelieved Nastya was against her last week I can only hope that Moscow's atmosphere will inspire Nastya with confidence magically, otherwise no hope. But could Moscow help her poor serve?