PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

cool_olga
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:23 AM
You could hear she's not going to stay long, she said she maybe won't play next Olympics but right now she sure stays.

Daniel
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:42 AM
good, I wanna see her winning more tournaments and GS :D

Julia_08
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:51 PM
i just wanna see her happy on court.... that's it,.... !! :S hehehehe!

goldenlox
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Anastasia won the French Open. That makes this a great year for her.
The JHH loss in Athens makes the year bittersweet.
As a player, Nastya has to focus on improving her game, and playing well in her next tournament.
The US Open is history now for her. Time to move forward.

Nastyafan
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Retired? Now?
I'm pretty sure she will play at least ... till to the end of the year. But if she doesn't succeed to win KC and FC... I'm not sure about the next year. I'm not sure even how an eventual win in FC will affect her decision. . She may say "Well I achieved 2 my dreams, blew my chances for the others. That's life. Enough"
Could we have believed a month ago the spirits here will be so low now and instead of the chances about #1 we will discuss the chances about her retirement. I think her retirement will be my retirement as a tennis fan too. I have had many favourites before Nastya but I have never been so attached to anybody else, the tournamet has never ended with the loss af any of my previous favs. I don't care what happens at USO now, just now I understood that Justine has lost and it will be new #1 but it will be a player I hate, not Nastya. I noticed that Natya lost to Anna who lost to Danilidou who lost to Asagoe who probably will lose... (no many points for wooden spot) My second fav is still there but that doesn't make me much happier, maybe because she beat my other favs so far, maybe if she beats Momo tonight she will restore my interest a bit and will save the tournament to me. But I can't stop thinking about Nastya. Is she in Moscow now? Is she still crying nights? Have her family and bf succeeded to restore her radiant smile and the sense of humour? Where is Jeens, have the last events affected their relationship?... Too many questions but I doubt some journalist will ask her now(and after these tragedies in Russia). And she probably doesn't want to answer.

cool_olga
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Now any journalist should bother her though it would be great to know answers to these questions. I hope Nastya smiles now and enjoys time with family. Now when H-H lost that's so bad, Nastya could be #1 but that's past, chance went away and she must wait for another. Next year will be much more steady without Olympics. But once again I'll say Nastya shouldn't play Bali now, that's last thing she should do.

Spunky83
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I would just wait and see if the eight million dollars come from the sueing and then I will take the money and retire, build a nice house on Hawaii, in London and in Hong Kong, I would travel with some international organisations to help out in the poor countries and I would absolutely satisfied;)

Well...that´s just me, lol.

No, serious: Nastya will have to get herself together and I am pretty sure she will get out of that hole during the indoor season, you´ll see!!! I am confident.

Spunky83
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Now any journalist should bother her though it would be great to know answers to these questions. I hope Nastya smiles now and enjoys time with family. Now when H-H lost that's so bad, Nastya could be #1 but that's past, chance went away and she must wait for another.

:mad: :sad: ...do you know how much this pisses me off???
I thought, well now that Nastya´s out, I hope Justine can make it far and stay at the top position, now that she´s out, I thought, omg, if Nastya was still in, she only had to win against Lindsay an than she would have had such a great great chance to get the number one ranking...well, didn´t happen.

I HATE THIS YEAR´S US OPEN :sad:

Nastyafan
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Yea, I prefer Justine than Momo and Davenport by far too. I just don't know which of them I dislike more. At least she is much more a woman than them
But when I think that the way Justine beat Nastya may cost not only the gold medal and #1 but maybe the whole her career I begin feeling bitterness towards Justine too

Spunky83
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Yea, I prefer Justine than Momo and Davenport by far too. I just don't know which of them I dislike more. At least she is much more a woman than them
But when I think that the way Justine beat Nastya may cost not only the gold medal and #1 but maybe the whole her career I begin feeling bitterness towards Justine too

No, no...every player who uses to give my faves a hard match, is even more liked by me. That´s how I became a fan of Nastya at all (Leipzig´03) and an admirer of Kuznetsova (for beating Justine in Doha)...I love the players who give my faves a hard time on court, cause it forces them to play at their best and I love those situations.

I mean it´s tennis, you lose or you win, that´s the way it is, no need to hate a certain player. But well, that´s just me...

cool_olga
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:18 PM
I am with Lindsay from these three. If not Nastya no.1 then I hope Linfsay. Momo is out so it's like sure now.

Russianfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Actually it is not a sure thing, Lindsay does need to win the tournament...

deckham
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Hey all !!! :wavey: sorry i haven't been here for so long..... i deeply apologize..... i have been extremely busy lately and haven't had a chance.... I've been reading over everyone's posts and have mixed emotions about all of them.

First off, yes it is true....... myskina has the best legs i've ever seen too.... unbelieveable they are... so tanned and curvey .... ooh... don't even get me started on them... :lick: heheheheh.....

Second, congrats on petrova and dementieva for helping out our lovely nastya!!!!! the worst nastya can be is 3rd after the u.s. open... giving her a great shot at still being number one by the end of the year with her wonderful indoor play... :yeah: (so nastyafan you can't complain about her fellow russians not doing anything for her... lol... ;) )

Third, please, let's all stop with this negative stuff about nastya... whether it be about her mental game, physical game, blah blah blah..... our girl is tired. She needs rest. That's obvious.... Let's just all support her right now.... what if she did her olga and came onto this site??????? what would she think with all these negative posts??? come on now... we're better fans than that.... if you're a pessimisist rooting for nastya then you should just bugger off... that's not right. Good things in here people!!! we all love her and her game and want her to be happy and content with what she does.... She won a grand slam 3 months ago and is still #3 in the world... lol... why are we complaining?????? She has said numerous times in her interviews that she is happy right now... no, she was not happy with the henin loss... but she is happy playing tennis and wanted to get back home to moscow... and with all the problems in russia right now, i think that is the best thing.

So, sorry i'm so random and nonexistent in here lately, but i just thought i'd say all that.... i miss our witty banter and our nastya support and i think we should get it all back..... don't you?!?!!!??! :)

nastya we hope you're doing well
you fly back to moscow and relax a bit.
keep your humor and have some fun
we like your conferences and lovely wit.

you're support will always be found here
we're you biggest fans and wish you the best.
we support everything about you all the time
that's why we put you above all of the rest.

nastya you're always number one in our hearts.. ;) ... :drink: :drink: :drink:

Daniel
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Deckam :wavey: so u liek her legs :o good :p

Good luck Anastasia in the next tournament u play, and be happy and healthy :smooch:

cool_olga
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Decks I was always say I support Nastya no matter what.
What I know now from reliable sources (guy talks with her on phone) is that Nastya is very tired now and reads Lord of the Rings book :rolleyes:.

deckham
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:23 PM
lord of the rings eh??? hmm... those are pretty relaxing... she can get lost in her own little world... :angel:

and i know olga... you always say great things... :yeah:

and yes daniel... lovely legs those are... :hearts:

ys
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:48 PM
It is sad to think that should Nastya have not had that let down against Anna, she would have been playing a match with #1 rankings at stake today..:(

goldenlox
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Anastasia had a great draw. But it's over. She's done this before. She had won only 1 match at RG before 2004.
Now she has to rest and get her focus back.

Spunky83
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:43 PM
What I know now from reliable sources (guy talks with her on phone) is that Nastya is very tired now and reads Lord of the Rings book :rolleyes:.

Hehe...so she´s away for a while now...;)

Thanks to Justine´s wonderful match against Petrova, Nastya will be still number three in the rankings. As long as Linz doesn´t win, Momo will be number one next week. Justine drops to four!

Rankings are weird!

goldenlox
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:48 PM
After the US Open Nastya has to defend a ton of points. She could have been playing Lindsay for #1 in the world today.
But I'm still very proud of Anastasia. She's amazing.

cool_olga
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Momo no.1? For this mental choking? That would be a joke, Lindsay win this tournament and get no.1 I think she deserves it most from all.
Justine behind Nastya, that's interesting :p

no1mariafan
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Yes, Lindsay derseves it Ola. Momo shouldnt be no1 without a grand slam!

Whens Nastya's next tourney? I dont know any sites with her information on.

Good Luck whenever it is.

And ola, bad luck in the football tonight ;) :)

cool_olga
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Lol, I know we will loose, I am with Backs anyways :p What a patriot am I huh? But we are so bad at football not even worth to support and hope.

It says astya plays Wismilak International next week but as i said I think she may withdraw.
She surely plays Filderstadt and Moscow, then she will play something if she will need points to qualify for YEC, if she doesn't need those points she will just play these two.

JLDementieva
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I think the only one who would deserve the no.1 ranking as of right now is Lindsay, if she wins the tournament! I just don't think it's a good way of being no.1 when you lose, then someone else loses too, and that includes Nastya, I want her to be #1 when she wins something big!

cool_olga
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Would be nice to capture Filderstadt, Moscow and YEC. Kidding of course, Moscow would be great if she could win.

no1mariafan
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Moscow is the tournement nastya cares about most, so would be good to see her win, any russian would be good. As long as she Works hard, be herself and has fun, im happy

Verba
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:23 PM
That would be a joke, Lindsay win this tournament and get no.1 I think she deserves it most from all.
No, I don't want this to happen. I want either Nadia or Sveta to beat Davenport in the SF.

Verba
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:29 PM
It is sad to think that should Nastya have not had that let down against Anna, she would have been playing a match with #1 rankings at stake today..:(
Yeah, I feel the same. No one player has a perfect career.

cool_olga
Sep 9th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I think you will want to see these scans :) Nastya and LenaD pics from childhood and later career, very cool ones.

1 (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/Nastya_Scan34.htm)
2 (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/Nastya_Scan35.htm)
3 (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/Nastya_Scan36.htm)
4 (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/Nastya_Scan37.htm)
5 (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/Nastya_Scan38.htm)
6 (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/Nastya_Scan39.htm)
7 (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/Nastya_Scan40.htm)

Daniel
Sep 9th, 2004, 11:09 AM
nice pics Olga :D

Daniel
Sep 9th, 2004, 11:47 AM
from the Bali website :

MYSKINA HEADS BEST-EVER FIELD AT WISMILAK INTERNATIONAL

http://www.wismilaktennis.com/news/images/20040805Myskina_1_edit.jpg French Open champion Anastasia Myskina will head the field at the Wismilak International 2004, to be held at the Grand Hyatt Resort, Bali between 13th and 19th September.

The Russian, who rose to three in the world on the back of her Roland Garros victory over 2003 Wismilak International champion Elena Dementieva, is one of a growing number of world-class players that have made Bali an essential stop on the WTA Tour.

Russians have recently been dominating the game, and Anastasia will compete for the title against 2002 champion Svetlana Kuznetsova and top-10 star Nadia Petrova.

t_fan
Sep 9th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Excellent choice of reading, I'd say :) Tolkien wrote in some of his essays that reading fairy tales (and LOTR is one of highest quality) allows one to have a fresh unskewed look at the world. Well, for me it works, let's hope it'll work for Nastya.

Nastyafan
Sep 9th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Does she really plan to play in Bali? That's even crazier than playing in Sopot. Does she try to copy Dokic? In the begining of the year she said she will play a shorter schedule and everything was OK as long as she was observing that statement. If she can't find a motivation for USO how will she for Bali? Does she need another loss to nobody?
Deckham will accuse me of negativism again and will kick me out. I was optimistic when I had reasons to be, do you remember when we distributed the titles in July? But now I'm realistic and I know Nastya needs a loooong break to recover and regain her previous form aand confidence (if she will be able at all), even KC is too soon. What a reason fot optimism can I find now? Maybe that Nastya will be #2 if Lindsay loses today? Yes, I wanted other Russians to help her, now a Russian can make her #2 but I won't be happy with that given #2.. I doubt Nastya will be happy either. Indeed if she had won in the second round she could have played for #1 yesterday, But I think she left her chances in Athens... maybe her heart too...
I don't know how the "true" fan should behave when the things are going badly and what Nastya would prefer to read here. It's like your friend is in sorrow - sometimes it's better to try to rise his spirits, sometimesit's better just to sympathyze with him. And everyone is better in one or the other. I'm just trying to look in her sour and I'm not happy with what I see there.
Nastya please don't play Bali, you have always complained that you have no time to read, they say Lord of the Rings is a great book (although the first part of the film was enough to me), maybe as t_fan said it will help you.

bubble
Sep 9th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I really really hope that Nastya will get over the Olympics nightmare and go back to her confident self again.
It may take time but we should be patient and wait for her to come back strong :)

bubble
Sep 9th, 2004, 01:58 PM
:lol: ...cool, just 17 posts and already banned...not bad. You are my favourite fan (former fan, whatever...)

I don´t think she cares about losing you and we don´t either.

Greets from the real fan-combo :wavey:
:lol: yeah it was a nice surprise...
only 17 posts and she offended so many people.
I had some clashes with her at Maria Sharapova thread too.

goldenlox
Sep 9th, 2004, 02:30 PM
from the Bali website :

http://www.wismilaktennis.com/news/images/20040805Myskina_1_edit.jpg French Open champion Anastasia Myskina will head the field at the Wismilak International 2004, to be held at the Grand Hyatt Resort, Bali between 13th and 19th September.

The Russian, who rose to three in the world on the back of her Roland Garros victory over 2003 Wismilak International champion Elena Dementieva, is one of a growing number of world-class players that have made Bali an essential stop on the WTA Tour.

Russians have recently been dominating the game, and Anastasia will compete for the title against 2002 champion Svetlana Kuznetsova and top-10 star Nadia Petrova.
Anastasia played only 3 rounds in Queens. I'm glad she's back playing again.

Spunky83
Sep 9th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Ok, ok...I thought I´ve misunderstood it, but if Lindz loses her SF (which I don´t think will happen), Nastya´s gonna be the second highest ranked player on the world next week...how weird is that???

goldenlox
Sep 9th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I'm rooting for Sveta anyway. That would be icing on the cake, Nastya at world #2.

cool_olga
Sep 9th, 2004, 06:39 PM
So Nastya plays Bali, the pic probably is proof she is already there :eek:
Well it's her decision and we have to accept. Of course it would be better if she stayed home and rest but maybe she didn't want to withdraw and ruin people, organizator's hopes...I hope she knows what she is doing. But if she is there, she's there, that's a chance for title. Davai Nastya get the third one.

Spunky83
Sep 9th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I think it´s an old pic. I remember visiting that bali-site before the USO and the pic was already up...maybe it´s just my not-so-working mind.

cool_olga
Sep 9th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Oh, I thought it's new. Anyways I think if she was going to withdraw she would have already done this.

Spunky83
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Oh, I thought it's new. Anyways I think if she was going to withdraw she would have already done this.

http://www.wismilaktennis.com/

it´s from 4th August..pretty old.

Daniel
Sep 10th, 2004, 11:08 AM
I am still waiting to see if Nastya goes or pulls out. :)

Spunky83
Sep 10th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Ok, ok...I thought I´ve misunderstood it, but if Lindz loses her SF (which I don´t think will happen), Nastya´s gonna be the second highest ranked player on the world next week...how weird is that???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Myskina world number two!!! ...cool to see what can happen if you lose in the 2nd round of a slam;)

Nastyafan
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Yea, congrats for the new highest ranking although as I said that doesn't make me happy now. It's even more painful when you have almost reached the peak but never steped on it.
I wonder how Nastya meets the all Russian final without her. And her place as #1 Russian is in danger now. I hope she is happy for her compatriots, but that will boost her to prove that she is still the best Russian.

Spunky83
Sep 11th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Oh, come on Nastyafan...cheer up!!!

Momo has a lots of points to defend in the fall, just as Justine. Lindsay has like zero points to defend, but she isn´t the best indoors, so there might be a chance (though of course Nastya was the best last fall) and if not this year, then there´s still the next three/four years!

She climbs up the rankings steadily, so let´s just try to stay positive! Why complain about number two? It´s still the best ranking Nastya ever had!

cool_olga
Sep 11th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Congrats Nastya :yeah: world's no.2, great great thing :)
I think Lindsay is very good indoors when she's healthy just enought o remind 2001 and 2002 indoor season she won a couple and was in many finals but I don't know what's wrong with her leg now after this emi and if she will be able to play.

Something interesting what Hingis said in interview for polish magazine:

"If Justine comes back to play this summer it will be hard for her to defend No. 1 position. I think that Myskina can be in the top if she plays well at The US Open. But it can be just temporary lead, she may be No. 1 for a week, maybe two not more. It won't be a long time leader."

She was damn right with this US Open, if she played at least bit better she would be leader, but she still has a chance all autumn and winter can be hers.

cool_olga
Sep 11th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Nastya will play Bali..That is really strange decision for me. From few quotes:

'As of last night(SEA time) according to Louise
the big named stars on the gold exempt list at the tournament
are Sveta, and Ai with Tammy and ASV as a special guest. She said
Myskina looks to be a maybe because she's in London checking up
on her health with blood tests etc.. '

' just talked to WTA..for now...Eleni ( injured), Dokic, Loit ( will play 75 K in France), schaul and Parra withdrew...Cho is last one to get in..no gold exempt so next one could be weingartner or who is highest ranking on qualifying....Myskina is still playing for now....cross your finger... '

' according to kompas newspaper that 14 out of 23 are on the way or in Bali..
I believe Pratt is not playing but Myskina is on the way to Bali ..

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Nastya at #2 in the world is pretty good. Plus the French Open.
We are going to have a Russian at world #1 in 2005.
It will be Nastya if she plays well.

cool_olga
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM
It sure will be Nastya :) Maybe even in 2004.

JLDementieva
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Nastya can definitely be #1, and I really do look for her to be there soon! :D

Nastyafan
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Blood tests??? Why? Oh I hope it's just a prophylaxis. But why in London? She dislikes to leave Moscow without vald reasons.
Nevertheless it seems she will play Bali. Absolutely unwise decision IMO. I can't understand what is going in her mind. Hope she knows better. Maybe she thinks the exotic atmosphere will help her to forget.... But why should she play tennis, cant she just rest in another exotic place?
Indeed Davenport is too good indoors and if she will play no chance for Nastya - she is 1100 points behind. Yes Spunky if not this year maybe the next, if not this Olympics maybe the next, if not in this lifetime maybe in the next... but I hate the future conditional tense, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Anastasia is #2 in the world, and the first Russian to win a major. Stop complaining.
Be happy for Nastya.

Spunky83
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Anastasia is #2 in the world, and the first Russian to win a major. Stop complaining.
Be happy for Nastya.

ISn´t she also the highest ranked russian ever?

Rankings next week:

1. Mauresmo (4273)
2. Nastya (4077)
3. Lindz (4057)
4. Justine (4004)

:eek: Lindz is really just behind Nastya, quite interesting.

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Nastya is the highest ranked Russian ever. This week at #3. And next week at #2.
Nastya leads the Russian army.

cool_olga
Sep 11th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Yep, it' really good Nastyafan. I bet nobody of us would expect that Nastya will be first Russian to win GS and the highst ranked ever #2. It is more we expected for sure so we can just be happy and enjoy her tennis. I am sure it will be back to her normal soon, when she feels Kremlin Cup on her way.

Daniel
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Anastasia at #2. I am so happy for her :clap2: :kiss: :hug:

In 2005 she will take #1. That would be wonderful. Go Nastya :bounce:

Daniel
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:31 AM
This article is the lates i guess:

September 12, 2004

http://www.wismilaktennis.com/news/images/20040912PressConf1.jpg Jakarta, 11 September 2004 … French Open champion Anastasia Myskina will head the field at the Wismilak International 2004, to be held at the Grand Hyatt Resort, Bali between 13th and 19th September.

Svetlana has been in the best form of her life this year, with victories over world number one Justine Henin-Hardenne in Doha and former Wimbledon and US Open champion Venus Williams in Dubai. She has reached three finals so far this year, with her victory in the Eastbourne final earning her a place in the top 10.

Nadia has recently been ranked as high as six in the world, and earlier this year she upset Serena Williams at a tournament in Florida. Last year she reached the semi-finals of the French Open with wins over Monica Seles and Jennifer Capriati, and earlier this year she reached the final of a tournament in Australia. She is also a top doubles player and holds eight titles, including four she has won this year alone.

What surprises me is the draw is not done yet, and it is sunday.

Spunky83
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:05 AM
You know, for a Tier III there are lots of good players...I think the organizers are really happy about the fact that they can present 2(!) current "Slammers" to the crowd down there which obviously pushes the tourney in it´s recognation.

Nastyafan
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Oh Nastya is in the draw (a part of the draw that was posted in tourney's forum). That's just crazy 2 "slammers" in tier 3 one after her biggest triumph, other in very doubtful condition. Well as `she is already there I have no choice but to hope that she is already OK and is motivated to prove which "slammer" is better. But still I'm very doubtful.
I expected Nastya to be the first Russian GS winner, Ola, although not so soon. I was really happy, I taped the final (and parts of SF and QF) and watch it often when I'm sad. But I can't be happy forever only iwith memories. Time is runing fast and my happiness and optimism need a feed. Let's hope next week will bring us positive signs

Nastyafan
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Nastya's half:

Myskina bye
Pisnik Camerin

Penetta Pratt
Damyanti Dulko

Sugiyama Q
Weingartner Q

Brandi Obata
Cho Vento-Kabchi

cool_olga
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Nastya vs Sveta. Would be nice final and challenge for Nastya.

Vass22
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Nastya vs Sveta. Would be nice final and challenge for Nastya.
I think Nastya will prevail again. sveta's tired and Nastya is better.

goldenlox
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Nastya plays doubles with Ai.

Spunky83
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Nastya plays doubles with Ai.

If I were Ai, I would be afraid that my partner would pull out again :tape:

ok, just joking. Ai´s a very good partner, they should be unbeatable there.

Daniel
Sep 13th, 2004, 07:19 AM
An easy draw for Nastya. Ai shouldnt be a thread for Nastya, and Sveta might be tired after playing the USO. Nadia well we never know how her nerves will be in every match. Anastasia should win it :worship: Go Nastya!!! :kiss: :hug:

cool_olga
Sep 13th, 2004, 07:38 AM
If Nastya is rested and good thunking she will win singles and maybe doubles :) But I am suprised she plays doubles with Ai not with Russian, Sveta for example and that she plays doubles in Tier III. She really must want to play, that maybe meant she is in a good shape :)

Nastyafan
Sep 13th, 2004, 12:09 PM
OMG Nastya in doubles with Ai.:eek: Nastya doesn't stop surprising me. With which Russian could she play Ola? Sveta is there probably because of ASV and Nadya... hmm I have a feelimg that she isn't friendly with other Russians Does Ai test all Russians in doubles. Probably she will have to choice in SF - to try to beat Nastya or to win the doubles. ;)
I wonder, is Nastya playing to win or just for fun? Of course I'll be glad if she has fun, but if she starts playing like Dokic I won't have fun. :fiery:
Please Nastya make fun for yourself and for me:worship:

goldenlox
Sep 13th, 2004, 02:22 PM
There are pics of Nastya all dressed up in Bali. It looks like she's having a good time.
But she's there to win. And to get to world #1 this year.

ys
Sep 13th, 2004, 03:18 PM
I still hope Nastya has it in her for one last push to year end #1.. It is still within a reach. But she must win YEC.. And she must win 2-3 more tournaments. And Bali is good place to start her recovery.

goldenlox
Sep 13th, 2004, 03:27 PM
A very slight chance to finish the year at world #1. Davenport would have to collapse. And she loves indoor carpet.
Getting to #2 is a great accomplishment. Holding the Russian #1 ranking for another year is also a great accomplishment.

ys
Sep 13th, 2004, 03:42 PM
A very slight chance to finish the year at world #1. Davenport would have to collapse.

Davenport might just not play YEC, and that could be just enough.. Anyway, if Nastya or Sveta win Bali, the winner will be within striking distance of Davenport in the Race ( striking in a sense, that the distance will be nearly equal to maximum YEC points )

And she loves indoor carpet.
Getting to #2 is a great accomplishment. Holding the Russian #1 ranking for another year is also a great accomplishment.
If Nastya does not start her recovery right here right now, I expect Lena or Sveta finish this year as Russian #1..

goldenlox
Sep 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
In 2004 points, Sveta is almost equal to Anastasia. And Lena is close behind. Davenport is way ahead, and she lives in L.A.
I can't see anyone skipping L.A. Too much prize money.

But Sveta and/or Lena could pass Anastasia in 2004 points.

Nastyafan
Sep 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I don't think Davenport won't play YEC. Even if she retires she will want to retire as #1. And I doubt of her retirement, I think it will be as her injuries, she is always injured when she loses but never retires. Indeed the spot as Russian #1 is in danger. I wonder if it's still so important for Nastya.:confused:

First opponent M.E.Camerin

The perfect body:lick:

http://www.wismilaktennis.com/photo/galleries/414520683d09d/welcomeparty05.jpg

goldenlox
Sep 13th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I think Russian #1 is very important to Anastasia, Sveta, and Lena D.
This will be a close, hard fought battle for 2004 Russian #1.

Nastyafan
Sep 13th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Lena said that #1 Russian isn't important for her, tennis is an individual sport and only #1 in the worl matters for her

goldenlox
Sep 13th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I know she said that. But now she's close to being Russian #1. And she wants that.

cool_olga
Sep 13th, 2004, 05:24 PM
I hopa Nastya stays Russian #1 and I think she will. She likes indoors. Pity no Leipzig this year because she loved this tournament, surface there suited her the most of all I think. She would get much points there, she defeated Clijsters two times there. She have to replace this with winning Bali and doing really well in Filderstadt and Moscow. I wouldn't be worried about Kremlin Cup, she will give her 200% to show herself from best side to Russians.

Daniel
Sep 14th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Go Nastya, I am sure she will do her best to finish 2004 as Russian #1. Good luck in Bali against Camerin :D :D

Daniel
Sep 14th, 2004, 08:45 AM
some part of Women loook forward: Bali

The Rankings

Now that the U. S. Open is over, we're back to the pattern of events coming off a week before they can be replaced (though that will mean less after next week, due to the massive revisions in the fall schedule caused by the failure of Leipzig). That means that the points coming off this week are from the Tier II at Shanghai. That doesn't affect any of the Top Four, who didn't play at this time last year. Anastasia Myskina can pick up some points here, of course, but not enough to make her #1. Below that, it gets interesting. #5 Elena Dementieva has 291 points from Shanghai last year; with those points coming off, she leads #6 Svetlana Kuznetsova by less than 100 points. If Kuznetsova can reach the final -- probably the semifinal -- she will hit the Top Five.

Key Matches

(1) Myskina vs. (7) Dulko. We said above that Myskina can't make #1 here. She can't. And with Leipzig coming off next week, and Moscow the week after that, it doesn't appear she will have a chance this year. But she can perhaps start building up steam for a run at the Australian Open next year. Or she could let her recent failures get to her. This match might tell us a lot; Dulko is turning into a very tough customer. If Myskina wants to win this, she'll have to finally bring out her "A" game.

:)

Nastyafan
Sep 14th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Nastya/Ai won their 1st round match:)
but the score 4-6 6-1 7-6 :eek: :fiery: and they have been behind almost the whole match
probably not a good sign for the singles:unsure:

cool_olga
Sep 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Maybe they weren't that much concentrated and Nastya is not so great doubles player. That's good the won this match ,was good warm up.

Verba
Sep 14th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Nastya/Ai won their 1st round match:)
but the score 4-6 6-1 7-6 :eek: :fiery: and they have been behind almost the whole match
probably not a good sign for the singles:unsure:
I'm also surprised with the score. Everyone now wants to beat Nastya. Is it the first time Nastya and Ai playing together?

Verba
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I hopa Nastya stays Russian #1 and I think she will. She likes indoors. Pity no Leipzig this year because she loved this tournament, surface there suited her the most of all I think. She would get much points there, she defeated Clijsters two times there. She have to replace this with winning Bali and doing really well in Filderstadt and Moscow. I wouldn't be worried about Kremlin Cup, she will give her 200% to show herself from best side to Russians.
LenaD and Sveta are serious opponents for a #1-russian spot. I think not only every Russian (Nastya, lenaD, Sveta, Vera,...) will give 200% in Moscow to win the title but also every foreign player will give her 200% to upset a russian in this tournament.

Spunky83
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:26 PM
some part of Women loook forward: Bali

Key Matches

(1) Myskina vs. (7) Dulko. We said above that Myskina can't make #1 here. She can't. And with Leipzig coming off next week, and Moscow the week after that, it doesn't appear she will have a chance this year. But she can perhaps start building up steam for a run at the Australian Open next year. Or she could let her recent failures get to her. This match might tell us a lot; Dulko is turning into a very tough customer. If Myskina wants to win this, she'll have to finally bring out her "A" game.

:)

Dulko? Didn´t Nastya beat her in Argentina Fed Cup QF like 6-0 6-1 or something like that? I think she´s fine, should be no prob.

http://www.wismilaktennis.com/photo/galleries/414520683d09d/welcomeparty05.jpg...it´s all about smiling :D

goldenlox
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Anastasia has not been consistent this year. Her good form will keep her at Russian #1.
If she plays like she did before the French Open, she won't stay Russian #1.

JLDementieva
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:43 PM
All this race for the Russian #1 is making everything so interesting!!! I think it's smart that Nastya is playing in Bali this week, a good result should boost her up. And I do look for her to have a great indoor season, cause I think she will be motivated after what happened in the US Open finals.

Verba
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Anastasia has not been consistent this year. Her good form will keep her at Russian #1.
If she plays like she did before the French Open, she won't stay Russian #1.
I still remember those sarcastic comments about Nastya in russian newspapers after FedCup Russia vs. Australia matches. They were like:
"Myskina couldn't find her game against Stosur for more than a set and then lost a very important match (being a leader of the team) against Molik. If she doesn't start playing better then it doesn't make much sense for her to go to FO" ...

goldenlox
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I was more concerned with her hanging around in Berlin to play an exo, and then losing to Lena L. in Rome.
After seeing Lena L. play in Montreal, I understand that result better.
The way Sveta and Lena are playing, Nastya will have real competition for Russian #1.
The battle is just beginning.

cool_olga
Sep 14th, 2004, 05:44 PM
But that's good. Nastya always was saying that the key is that they push each other and now they push Nastya more and more. She for sure wants to defend her #1 status.

Spunky83
Sep 14th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I was more concerned with her hanging around in Berlin to play an exo, and then losing to Lena L. in Rome.
After seeing Lena L. play in Montreal, I understand that result better.
The way Sveta and Lena are playing, Nastya will have real competition for Russian #1.
The battle is just beginning.

Well, that was a different situation. Berlin/Rome she had mental problems with her boyfriend hanging around who doesn´t really got along with Gerlach, no need to say that Nastya was a little bit confused by this situation. But they sorted the problems out before the FO, so you can´t compare those situations. She will overcome this current "Justine-illness" soon, let´s just see how far she can go in Bali ;)

Nastyafan
Sep 14th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Dulko? Didn´t Nastya beat her in Argentina Fed Cup QF like 6-0 6-1 or something like that? I think she´s fine, should be no prob.Noo if I'm not wrong she beat her 6-1 7-5 but was trailind 2-5 in the second set.
I still remember those sarcastic comments about Nastya in russian newspapers after FedCup Russia vs. Australia matches. They were like:
"Myskina couldn't find her game against Stosur for more than a set and then lost a very important match (being a leader of the team) against Molik. If she doesn't start playing better then it doesn't make much sense for her to go to FO" ...Have they really written it:fiery: :lol:
Well maybe Nastya needs such a boost. It seems she plays better when the expectations aren't big
All this race for the Russian #1 is making everything so interesting!!! I think it's smart that Nastya is playing in Bali this week, a good result should boost her up. And I do look for her to have a great indoor season, cause I think she will be motivated after what happened in the US Open finals.I'm not sure it's smart. She can gain nothing but confidence here, but can lose even more. This's tier 3, there are no points but the competition is much stronger than some tier 2 (JPM). Even tier 1 (Tokio) after GS has weaker competition sometimes. It should be unforgettable experience so many good players to want to play there. And there has been terroristic acts last weekend, all players have received armed bodygards right after the arriving. And what but a win could be considered as a good result in tier 3 for #2 in the world. .I think it would be better if she played Bejing- the competition isn't stronger but it's tier 2.

And a stupid schedule again - tomorrow is a free day for Nastya, then she will have to play 2 matches every day (I hope)

cool_olga
Sep 15th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Also think not smart but maybe she knows what she's doing. It's her schedule and her life. She is doing what she thinks is right.

Nastyafan
Sep 15th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Indeed it's her life and at least she looks in a good mood on the pic. It seems she loves exotic places like Doha and Bali. Let's hope she will play like Doha.
The tourney isn't going well for the favourites. Nastya's double partner is out. I wonder if they will pull out of the doubles. And the tourney became even more useless in view of the points Nastya can gain.

Verba
Sep 15th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Also think not smart but maybe she knows what she's doing. It's her schedule and her life. She is doing what she thinks is right.
Some commentators in USA criticized Nastya's scedule during the USO. Like Mary Carillo: "Myskina lost to Chkvetadzhe. And pulled off the doubles. She was exhausted.........Bad sceduling. She played 3 tournaments in a row......I don't understand playing a clay-court tournament right before Olympics...."

Nastyafan
Sep 15th, 2004, 12:51 PM
We were saying the same things thousand times here but who hears us. And she played not 3 but 4 tourneys in a row.
She plays Bali (tier 3 with a competition of tier 2) Filderstadt (tier 2 with a competition of tier 1 or GS) but not Zurich. With a more proper schedule she could have been #1 now and in the end of the year

vaiva
Sep 15th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I hope Nastya has recovered already. I want to see her play her smart and confident tennis. I miss Nastya in her winning groove :(

goldenlox
Sep 15th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Playing Sopot before the Olympics was a strange decision. Nastya is not a kid, she's a tour veteran.
When Sveta or Maria do something that seems crazy, I blame the adults around them.
Nastya has been around the block a few times. If she wants to play Bali, she has her reasons.

goldenlox
Sep 15th, 2004, 03:23 PM
If you look at the Zurich entry list, it's the toughest tournament all fall. JHH, Serena, Lindsay, Kim, Vera, Venus, Lena D., Sveta, Maria, Nadia.
It's a good decision to skip Zurich. Nastya is the only big name missing.

goldenlox
Sep 15th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Nastya plays Camerin tomorrow. Skipping Zurich is smart. Amelie, Lindsay, Kim, Justine, Serena, Venus, Sveta, Vera, Nadia. Anastasia doesn't need to play there.
Now Nastya needs to win matches.

Spunky83
Sep 15th, 2004, 03:41 PM
If you look at the Zurich entry list, it's the toughest tournament all fall. JHH, Serena, Lindsay, Kim, Vera, Venus, Lena D., Sveta, Maria, Nadia.
It's a good decision to skip Zurich. Nastya is the only big name missing.

Yeah, but there was no other choice. If she would sign up for Zurich (maybe wildcard when losing in Moscow early) she has 3 tourneys in a row (again). I think it´s most interesting that Filderstadt always gets the big names though it´s a Tier II, but well, there´s the chance to win the latest Porsche;)

She signed up for Linz very early this year which should be the last tourney before the YEC. She plays enough tourneys to get into the YEC, I think that´s her priority right now.

goldenlox
Sep 15th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Nastya had plenty of choices. Going to Bali was smart. She should make the finals, and has she has a good chance to win the event.

the cat
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Anastasia is has great style as a tennis player. :D I hope she finds her form again and becomes happy on the tennis court. I get the feeling that she hasn't been happy since she lost early at Wimbledon. I hope she can handle the pressure of great expectations.

And why is she playing singles and doubles in Bali? Isn't singles enough?

Nastyafan
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:33 PM
In fact I hadn't seen the entry lists for Filderstadt and Zurich but I think when Nastya has made her schedule she hasn't seen it either. I spoke having in mind previous years. And we know how many indoor tourneys Serena plays (Lindsay is doubtful too). I still find nothing smart playing in Bali - she can gain only about 100 points and the only name she can beat (for confidence) is Sveta (Nadya). But if she hasn't got over her mental slump she can lose to everybody and that will make the things even worse before Moscow.
About Porshe I think they give either money or Porshe and with the prize from tier 1 you can buy 2 latest models Porshe.

goldenlox
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:34 PM
It looks like Zurich, Filderstadt, and Moscow will all have very strong fields this year.
The race to L.A., and the battle for Russian #1 will be intense.

goldenlox
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Sveta is playing Bali, Beijing, Filderstadt and Moscow. That's after playing in both US Open finals.
Nastya had last week off, and then rests until Filderstadt. I think she should take a WC in Beijing. It looks like a weak field.

Nastyafan
Sep 15th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I said too that IMO it was better to play Bejing. not Bali. Or to play Bali and Beijing, then to skip Filderstadt and to play Moscow and Zurich. But no one hears us.

goldenlox
Sep 15th, 2004, 05:05 PM
What you don't understand is that Nastya likes to play events where she is THE star. The big name. She enjoys that. Sopot, Bali - those tournaments treat Nastya with the respect that she deserves.
These are the tournaments she enjoys. Let her have some fun. She's world #2. She earned the right to have fun.

cool_olga
Sep 15th, 2004, 05:13 PM
yeah Nastya really was a star in Sopot. But she stayed nice for people. But true media treated her like star and she was playing with media, was maybe bit acting like a star but very nice star. It was very good. She can enjoy Bali. Nastya didn't play Zurich last year also. Her schedule stays like last year she just takes Bali instead of Leipzig.

Nastyafan
Sep 15th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I doubt Nastya is so selfish to want to be treated as a big star. She hasn't played nor Bali, nor Beijing, she doesn't know where she would be treated better. She just likes exotic places and I hope she has fun there. But when that doesn't help her confidence her ranking and her career, I as her tennis fan can't be satisfied

cool_olga
Sep 15th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Come on you know we don't mean star like so selfish lady who sees just herself. Just from what I saw and heard on my own Nastya likes media more now. She realy was funny and nice. She wasn't afraid to tell anything. And she was star in Sopot and she for sure is in Bali. But star for people not that she specially acts like star.

cool_olga
Sep 15th, 2004, 06:34 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/bali/f_14.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/bali/f_13.jpg

the cat
Sep 15th, 2004, 07:14 PM
It's nice to see Ana happy.

JLDementieva
Sep 15th, 2004, 10:45 PM
It's better to see her play at a tournament where she's happy and having fun rather just than some competitive place where she's tense all the time. Tennis players should play tournaments that can feel them feel relaxed, as Nastya has done in Bali! :D

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 16th, 2004, 09:39 AM
M. Camerin (ITA) d. (1) A. Myskina (RUS) 6-3 1-6 6-2

Davai Anastasia!!

You really need and have to take some action now!

Better luck at your next tournament!

vaiva
Sep 16th, 2004, 09:49 AM
The woe is you, Nastia!!! :fiery:

Get yourself together!

Epigone
Sep 16th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Nastya :sad:

What's going on? :scratch:

bubble
Sep 16th, 2004, 10:16 AM
OMG, she just can't get over the nightmare... :sad:

this is very sad...
Come on Nastya, you should think more positively like Elena D did.
Elena lost 2 grandslam finals and you have only lost the Olympic medal.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 10:21 AM
NOOOO NASTYAAAAA!:sad: :sad: :sad:
Will you ever be the same player again? Why do you prove my worst expectation?
What about how smart it was playing bali? You really understand nothing of human psychology. Unfortunately it seems Nastya and her team don't understand either. She needs urgently psychologist, otherwise not only this year but the whole her career is over:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 16th, 2004, 10:44 AM
...otherwise not only this year but the whole her career is over
I don't think so - just give her a bit more time.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Yes, I said even after the loss against Justine - she needs time , she needed not to play stupid tournaments only to rest, to forget, to work on her mentality with a professional psychologist but she didn't do that. I guess she is the opponent-dream for every player now - 75 free bonus points. And she lost her lustre and intimidation, thanks to them she won some matches to 0, 1. And she looks happy on the pics but that makes me even sadder - that means she doesn't care about her results, her happiness doesn't depend on her wins, I'm afraid the retirement is already in her mind.:fiery:

ys
Sep 16th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I told you already.. This season is over... And it is not mental..

Verba
Sep 16th, 2004, 11:50 AM
M. Camerin (ITA) d. (1) A. Myskina (RUS) 6-3 1-6 6-2
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Yes ys, I know only we were smelling what will happen after Olympics. But why do you think it's not mental? Then what?

ys
Sep 16th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I suspect that it is worse than that ( just being mental ).. That she lost interest, stopped training as hard as before, lost her form FOR REAL, now it will inevitably result in a loss of confidence. Sort of an avalanche effect.. when every factor contributes to another.. Could be Dokic/Hantuchova-like.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Yes but that all is dependent by her mentality. She isn't weaker or slower physically but what is the use of your speed when you don't want to run as she said after USO loss? Of course the mental slump has an impact on all aspects of her game but if she can get over it I don't think she has lost any of her strength. I think it's all about the motivation. If she could convince herself that the loss against Justine isn't the end of the world that there are another goals she really wants to achieve she would be OK. But could she?

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:06 PM
That's two bad losses in a row. This could be the end of Nastya's time as Russian #1.
Now we'll see if she has to wait until 2005, or if she wants to meet the challenge that Sveta and Elena D. are giving her.

I don't care if you have a great win or a terrible loss, you have to put it behind you, and win today's match.
Nastya knows this, and she has to act like a champion should.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Nastya is a HUMAN GL unfortunately more human than the great champion could be and your cliches don't work with her. You saw how smart was playing Bali and other bla-bla. But you don't understand this and don't care.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Anastasia is the person who has to care. She's the world #2. The French Open champion.
Serena and Justine, Lindsay and Venus, they've all had very frustrating losses this year.

Everyone in life gets knocked down. You have to get up and compete.
You have to keep trying to do your best in life. That includes Nastya.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Before the French Open, Nastya won only one match on clay. So I know she goes through some slumps.
This isn't the end of the world. I still want Nastya to have fun. She can always add another tournament.
I don't get angry when Nastya loses. She's having a great year. She can lose a few matches, and still be a great player.

t_fan
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Pity we don't know what's exactly happened in the match. Nastyafan was right, Nastya should've skipped Bali if it were at all possible.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:11 PM
That are only fine words and cliches, it's easy to say, difficult to make. At least for personalities like Nastya. She is nor Serena nor Justine. They had frustrating loses but didn't lose their life-dream. They want slams and money, if they fail now there are many other tourneys and slams. For Nastya there won't be another chance. Don't you see the difference.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:13 PM
The pictures from Bali look as if Nastya is enjoying herself there.
Both Anastasia and Maria have had some inconsistent results since winning their first major. This is probably normal.

I want Nastya to compete for Russian #1. You don't just give that title away.
I know Nastya takes pride in being the highest ranked Russian.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Did you ever lose some dream? I doubt. Only the time may heal the pain. And the psyhologist could shorten the term but not to heal magical. And playing stupid tournaments and sufferrind losses to no names lengthen that term, destroys your confidence and your aura and respect among the other players.
And these pics and today's loss as I said only prove my theory - she doesn't care much about her results now, she tries to be happy around tennis

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Anyway, I can't be upset with Anastasia. She's the first Russian woman to win a major.
She showed everyone else that it can be done. And they've kept doing it.
The competition for Russian #1 is going to be fierce. Sveta is playing every week except after Beijing. If she stays healthy, she's going to add a lot of points this fall.

If Anastasia wants to finish this year as the Russian #1, she will need some very good results this fall.
I think the competition from Sveta, defending her title at the KC, and the YEC will get Nastya's attention.

Spunky83
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I just think of pink butterflies at a beautiful park, the sun is shining and the birds are singing...

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Untill today I was hoping tht this new competition will boost Nastya, will return her ambition and desire. Today's loss almost broke that hope, I doubt #1 Russian is still so important for her.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM
The Olympics are over. So is the US Open.
We can't get everything we want in life. Anastasia can still accomplish a lot this fall.
If she loses early in Moscow, then I'll believe she's still dealing with Athens. I think she'll make a strong effort to defend her KC title.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM
I just think of pink butterflies at a beautiful park, the sun is shining and the birds are singing...
and I begin to hate Justine more and more...

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Do you have the Olympic semifinal match on tape? Anastasia made a lot of UE's when she was up 5-1. She didn't play like she did at RG.
Nastya's best game is to play steady, and mix the pace and placement. When she gets too aggressive, she can make too many UE's.

If Anastasia wants to do well this fall, she has to not beat herself. Make her opponents hit winners.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:52 PM
You need too many proofs. The autumn is lost. Nastya didn't give herself a chance to forget. I doubt she will play in FC team.

Spunky83
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
and I begin to hate Justine more and more...

I know you´re freaked out by her, but still it wasn´t Justine who really won the match, Nastya lost it. It could have been any other opponent.

It was Nastya´s own fault, she sucked at the end of that match, you just gotta realize it. That´s just the nature of the game, you lose or you win, sometimes a loss is harder than the other, but it isn´t Justine´s "fault". I am not saying this just because I like Justine, I would also say this if it was another player.

You´re just sad about Nastya´s current form as we are, but your attitude is just sad, sorry.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
If Anastasia values the Olympics, then she values the KC and Fed Cup. She also values being Russian #1.
The last 2 losses are bad losses. But things can change quickly.
I don't care if some fans give up. I care that Nastya competes hard. And plays smart.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:58 PM
No, I can't see Nastya losing, but according to her words she lost because she has become too passive, she has waited Justine's errors. I don't know whom should I believe but that doesn't matter now and won't change anything

Spunky83
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Kremlin Cup 2004...that´s the tourney we should look out for, forget Filderstadt!

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:02 PM
KC and Fed Cup. But Anastasia should also want to continue as Russian #1.
Last year, most people were sure Elena D. would be Russian #1. Then Nastya won Leipzig and Moscow - the only Tier I a Russian has ever won.

Nastya loves a good challenge.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I know you´re freaked out by her, but still it wasn´t Justine who really won the match, Nastya lost it. It could have been any other opponent.

It was Nastya´s own fault, she sucked at the end of that match, you just gotta realize it. That´s just the nature of the game, you lose or you win, sometimes a loss is harder than the other, but it isn´t Justine´s "fault". I am not saying this just because I like Justine, I would also say this if it was another player.

You´re just sad about Nastya´s current form as we are, but your attitude is just sad, sorry.I know it isn't her fault that Nastya lost, but the way Nastya lost was a bit Justine's fault. If she had served out in the second it still would have been a loss but not a loss with these dramatic effects on Nastya's mentality and career. As if she jeered at Nastya, she almost allowed her to touch the dream and brutaly stealed it.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Anastasia won the KC, then became the first Russian woman to win a major. That hurt Elena D.'s dreams.
Even the greatest players don't win every event they want. Nastya has to get over it. And fight for the Russian #1 spot.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Nastya :o :help: omg
she should have taken 3-4 weeks off like i said after US Open
she's just not there at the moment
Athens scares are gonna take a LONG LONG time to heal

now i'm worried for her long term if it dont pick up soon.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:16 PM
She's not scheduled to play again until Filderstadt, then Moscow.
I think she should take a WC in Beijing. She needs to win matches, not just have practice sessions.

Spunky83
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I know it isn't her fault that Nastya lost, but the way Nastya lost was a bit Justine's fault. If she had served out in the second it still would have been a loss but not a loss with these dramatic effects on Nastya's mentality and career. As if she jeered at Nastya, she almost allowed her to touch the dream and brutaly stealed it.

Still not logical...but however, I totally accept your opinion.

Goldenlox: I hope she won´t play Bejing...she needs everything but not more tennis!!!

the cat
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I hope Ana's not just going through the motions. Her loss in the Athens semifinals was sad but it wan't a tragedy. And Ana didn't have her French Open title taken away from her. She's still Russina #1. But she's certainly not playing like it. :( But that could change this fall if she finds her game and the energy needed to play the all court tennis she plays.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:25 PM
She can't just take a break from tennis. She can do that after the season ends.
Now is when she has to focus on the present, and start winning matches again.
She doesn't need a vacation. Nastya has only played this one singles match in 2 weeks.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:25 PM
There is no use to repeat thousand times facts we all know, nor to shout empy slogans. I don't think it's a care doing that, we all want these things and no one has given up but I want to explain myself why that all happens and how it could be changed - definitely not repairing she has to fight and other cliches

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM
It's not a cliche. If Nastya wants to accomplish anything this autumn, she has to focus and compete hard.
The other players don't care about Nastya. She's on the court by herself.
And she's the only person who can turn things around.

Spunky83
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Sports Psychologist? Could be useful...and after that "holiday" at Pat Etcheberry´s Fun-Camp...I can´t let it go, can I?!? Sorry;)

Spunky83
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM
New coach?...don´t start shouting at me...I really like Gerlach, but still, what do you think? Could you imagine Nastya firing her coach or having a new one? What´s your opinion?

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Remember, Justine came away from Athens happy, and then lost her #1 ranking. Maybe forever.
This is a tough, hard game. And the only way to succeed is to forget what happened in the past, and make good things happen now.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:33 PM
To play Bejing is the weirdest thing. You continue considering Nastya as a tennis machine, not a human. How many losses she has to suffer untill you understand and say "stop"?

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:37 PM
She lost on September 5th, now again on September 16th.
She needs to be in top form for the KC. Anastasia isn't worn out. She's isn't playing much.
The difference between winning and losing is very small. A lot of it is mental.
Anastasia needs to win matches. If she loses the KC, and her Russian #1 titles, she'll feel worse than she does now.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I don't know about a new coach. I have alwais thought that Jens is the right person for her personality. But a sports psychologist may be very useful. But I doubt she will hire someone, it isn't popular in East Europe using a psychologist.

BTW. What's Pat Etcheberry´s Fun-Camp?

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I saw Nastya's interview on the Tennis Channel. She did it around Indian Wells.
Nastya said she almost retired when she was #50 in the world. She wanted to reach the top, or get out.
Now she's world #2. This loss doesn't change much.
If Nastya wants to be Russian #1, she needs to get her form back. This is not the time for a vacation.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I don't believe that Nastya can't get over her Olympic loss. There are too many other things to accomplish. To focus on one moment, that didn't go the way you wanted it to, is childish.
Grow up, and focus on the present and near future. That's the stuff you have some control over.
The past is over. All the tears in the world won't change the past.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:54 PM
This loss does change nothing. It's just a reflection from her career changing loss at Olympics. And how can't you understand that Nastya isn't in a winning shape now and playing many matches won't drive her there.

goldenlox
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I know that you can't have everything you want in life.
Some athletes only have the Olympics, if they're not healthy, or don't have their best days, then they spent all their trainings years in vain.
Anastasia has more to play for than just Athens. She needs to get over herself.
And try to defend her KC title, and hold her position as Russian #1.
Sveta passed her today in 2004 points. I guarantee you that Sveta doesn't care how Nastya feels about the Olympics.
The Olympics are Sveta's dream also.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 05:05 PM
You are younger than Nastya (and me) and don't tell me what is childish. You probably have never lost something big. It is much tougher than you think especially with personalities like Nastya

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Of course Sveta doesn't care. But it's much worse that I'm not sure if Nastya cares now.

Spunky83
Sep 16th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I don't know about a new coach. I have alwais thought that Jens is the right person for her personality. But a sports psychologist may be very useful. But I doubt she will hire someone, it isn't popular in East Europe using a psychologist.

BTW. What's Pat Etcheberry´s Fun-Camp?

Pat Etcheberry, the famous guy who got Jus- :tape: - in shape. He´s a mad man who let´s his pupil workout and doing running etc. till they collapse (I think he once said he pushed Justine till she wanted to vomit)...something must be changed in Nastya´s life, mind, surrounding, whatever, don´t say it has to be someone like Etcheberry, just an example

cool_olga
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Nastya what have you done?
I see I'm late for discussion but I want to wish Nastya better luck next time, just not give up!
Nastya was almost perfect for one and a half year. Sometimes you just have to get a slump, I hope it's small one and she will be fine in Moscow. But as I said it's normal, players can't be perfect, everybody looses and has worse times.
Nastya will get through that and don't even talk about changing coach Jens is the best one out there!

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Nastya doesnt need matches
she needs a break

playing when you aren't in the mood to play is just asking for trouble
then you decide i got to make up for this loss and play again when you're not ready
same happens again and soon the confidence goes.

just look at Ferrero, he's losing to players he'd beat in his sleep.
he is in same situation.

Nastya, get a rest girl.

cool_olga
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:16 PM
That's what we were telling before Bali that it can be dangerous when she again looses to low ranked player. It was too quick to come back but it happened. Now Nastya will have longer rest and will hopefully come back like our old good Nastya :)

martirogi
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Nastya should take a break and focus on defending Moscow, play Filderstadt as a warmup but before that.

Nastya's sister
Sep 16th, 2004, 07:00 PM
This early loss made me really worried! I wish nothing more than for Nastya to play great in the up-coming tournaments. We all know she's so much better than this!!

I wish I could ask her myself what's going on. How is she actually feeling?

But, I will always believe in her!!

cool_olga
Sep 16th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Get her phone number then you'll ask :p
We'll always support her. She still play doubles here.

Nastyafan
Sep 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure the one who made wonders with Justine will be as well successful with Nastya. She is a different and delicate character, she can't be pushed to train if she doesn't want. I think Justine had ambitions and was ready to do everything to achieve them. The problem with Nastya is that she lost her ambitions, not her physical shape. Without a clarification in her mind she won't be able to compete as earlier. She needs people who can help her mentaly

Well said TBE

Are you still planing to go to Moscow Ola... maybe we should write something to Nastya again

saab95
Sep 17th, 2004, 11:33 AM
not doubles only
To give a different fun ambience to the players in the USD 225.000 tennis tournament of Wismilak Internation at Nusa Dua, Bali, the top ranked tennis players such as Chanda Rubin, Anastasia Myskina and Marion Bartoli paid a visit to “Kafe Warisan Restaurant and Bar” in Seminyak area, Bali, Friday (17/9). With chef Nicholas “Doudou” Tourneville on the side, these three girls took a “Cookery Class” and had a taste of what they cooked. The recipes they had to cook this time were Scalops, Hot Foie Gras and Creme Brulee.

Despite the obvious nervousness and troubled they showed during the session, they still looked very excited and enthusiastic. “I sure do love to eat, but not very good when it comes to cooking itself,” explained Rubin. She also added that in, Louisiana, USA, where she comes from, cooking is definitely a must, since everybody there just love to eat.

In the mean time, Myskina, who looked a bit confused and lost in following the chef instructions, said that she really enjoyed this cooking lesson. Just like Rubinm, she knows very little about cooking, but really excited in getting the lesson, especially with chef Doudou helping her with the step by step way of cooking. Bartoli was as happy as the other two; the fact that the recipes taught were French made it even better!
http://www.wismilaktennis.com/news/detail.html?news_id=140&cat_id=1

Spunky83
Sep 17th, 2004, 11:54 AM
What´s lost can be found again;)...funny article about the cooking-session, doesn´t nastya always look a little bit confused and lost?!? lol

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2004, 02:07 PM
When it comes to getting out of a slump, everyone is different. But if Nastya doesn't start playing well, Elena D. and Sveta will compete for Russian #1 without her.
Sveta has already past Anastasia, and Sveta has more 2004 points. Sveta is playing almost every week, right through the YEC.

Nastya can take a vacation, or she can play. It's her decision.

cool_olga
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Are you still planing to go to Moscow Ola... maybe we should write something to Nastya again
Yeah actually after today's news it's like 90% I am going. Good idea to write her something.

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Nastya has a lot of points to defend. If she doesn't play well this fall, both Sveta and Lena will pass her in the rankings.

Still, Nastya became the first Russian to win a major. And reached world #2.
So 2004 is a year Anastasia made a huge impact on the sport of tennis.

Daniel
Sep 17th, 2004, 09:40 PM
i am afraid chances are she will finish season 2004 being second best russian, the way she plays these days, :sad:

Vamos Anastasia, start winning again pleaseeeeee :D :bounce:

Emptiness
Sep 17th, 2004, 11:37 PM
With so many talented russians its hard to imagine there won't be some number trading, important thing is she keeps up with the pack. :yeah:

Daniel
Sep 18th, 2004, 12:24 AM
she must or she will go down. I am sure she will bounce back soon, at least she doing good in doubles in Bali :)

Daniel
Sep 18th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Yeah actually after today's news it's like 90% I am going. Good idea to write her something.
should we start wrting our messages to her :wavey: thank you :kiss:

Vass22
Sep 18th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Nastya has a lot of points to defend. If she doesn't play well this fall, both Sveta and Lena will pass her in the rankings.

Still, Nastya became the first Russian to win a major. And reached world #2.
So 2004 is a year Anastasia made a huge impact on the sport of tennis.
Why wouldn't she play well/ If she rests a bit, she'll be playing awesome tennis again.

cool_olga
Sep 18th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Sure and in Moscow she will not want to fall so early. She wants to prove she's best Russian in front of her home crowd. About Sveta Lena behind her:
' I know behind my back are so many girls who want to be higher than me. It pushes me to practice harder and play every tournament for 100%.'

cool_olga
Sep 18th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Maybe we shouldn't be so worried. Nastya is a bit upset but she will be fine for sure.

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Nastya and Ai are in the doubles final aginst Sveta/ASV. Then Nastya can take a short vacation.
Hopefully she'll find her best form for the KC and later, the YEC.

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Nastya has lost 4 of her last 5 matches. Since leading Justine 5-1 in the third, Nastya has only beaten Cervanova.
She has to pull herself out of this slump. She didn't win an Olympic medal this year.
That doesn't mean she should just give up on 2004.

Daniel
Sep 19th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Good luck in the doubles final Nastya :D :bounce:

Daniel
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I think Nastya should follow Sveta's attitude. she won USO and now Bali, I thought she wwas tired but she is still wining and in good fashion. Now Sveta is ranked #5 , Nastya has to do sometinhg good if she wants to fiish 2004 being the best Russian.

Verba
Sep 19th, 2004, 12:56 PM
My hinch is that Nastya will finish this year as a #1 Russian:
she'll try her best to defend her KC title - I think she doesn't want to lose in Moscow when thousands of Russians watch you;
Sveta will be too tired soon to catch up;
LenaD doesn't aim to become a Russian #1 this year - she'll try to do this next year.

Verba
Sep 19th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Nastya/Ai won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6:3 7:5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool_olga
Sep 19th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Congrats on doubles title :) Maybe this will give her some confidence

cool_olga
Sep 19th, 2004, 01:08 PM
How these two look at Nastya :lol:

http://www.wismilaktennis.com/photo/galleries/Cookery%20Class%20%28%20Myskina%20%2C%20Bartoli%20 %26%20Chanda%20Rubin%20%29/cookery_clash_ja1.jpg

Nastyafan
Sep 19th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Congrats Nastya/Ai.Not a big deal but at least maybe it will give her a bit of confidence beating Sveta. (I couldn't have believed 2 months ago that Nastya would pick up confidence from doubles).
Now please rest well girl ( it there is time to rest), enjoy in your hometown and please try to get over this damn Olympics. Another important part of your career is comming. You can't allow another Russian to be called the best, can you?

cool_olga
Sep 19th, 2004, 03:05 PM
So Kamen when you are back we can think of this message you suggested if you all want write something to her. I could also give something to Vera Z. I will be talking to her for sure.

Epigone
Sep 19th, 2004, 03:39 PM
So Kamen when you are back we can think of this message you suggested if you all want write something to her. I could also give something to Vera Z. I will be talking to her for sure.:wavey: I'd like to write a message to Nastya, and to Vera as well ;)

cool_olga
Sep 19th, 2004, 03:55 PM
But I think one from everybody would be better than 20 separate.

vaiva
Sep 19th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Congrats, Nastya, on your doubles title! Be happy on the singles court as well ;)

Verba
Sep 19th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Yesterday LenaD was in one TV program (Russian TV). She was asked about her friendship and rivalry with Nastya. Lena D recalled one of Nastya's phrases: "I'd stop playing tennis a lond time ago if Elena Dementieva didn't play..." ("я бы давно закончила играть в теннис, если бы Елена Дементьева не играла")

goldenlox
Sep 19th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Tier III doubles titles are one thing. Defending her title in Moscow is another. I hope Anastasia comes back on the tour with the energy and desire she showed in Paris.

Nastyafan
Sep 19th, 2004, 06:24 PM
You mean we should write a joint message from all fans, Ola? Hmm. thas's an interesting idea but probably we have differemt thoughts it will be a difficult task to unite them. I personally thought to try to write something in Russian.... On the other hand it will be more difficult for Nastya to read 20 different letters (although I doubt there will be so many, even the eternal optimist deck hasn't appeared lately). I don't know which is better...:confused:

Yea, I read that Elena's statement in a Russian forum. Probably it has been when Nastya was seriously injured and she has thought a retirement over. Then Lena has motivated Nastya to stay in the tour. Thank you Lena.:kiss: Please Nastya you should find a new motivation again!:yeah:

Nastya's sister
Sep 19th, 2004, 06:31 PM
I think it would be really nice if we wrote a letter to Nastya! Hopefully, she would appreciate it - I think she would.

I was just wondering, how can we be sure she'll read it?

cool_olga
Sep 19th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I am sure she would read if I gave it to her. She got the book from me-you all by my freind in San Diego and when I met her she said she got it, likes it and read longer messages. So if i gave her one bigger message (not too long) I am sure she would read, she is really nice person.
Kamen, I think one would be better because it will be Moscow, she won't have much time to read each separate one which probably would say similar things...

goldenlox
Sep 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Start a thread for it, and you can choose which messages you want to bring to Anastasia.

Verba
Sep 19th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Yea, I read that Elena's statement in a Russian forum. Probably it has been when Nastya was seriously injured and she has thought a retirement over. Then Lena has motivated Nastya to stay in the tour. Thank you Lena.:kiss: Please Nastya you should find a new motivation again!:yeah:
Maybe, Nastya can be a good motivation for many now...

Nastyafan
Sep 19th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Well, I agree Ola. But I have no idea how can we write one joint letter... unless everyone writtes own letter and you will have to unite them. Or someone to write a basic letter and everyone to add something...:confused:

Yes Verba definitely she is... But I still don't want to see her from that viewpoint. I don't think I will replace her in my heart with some 12 years old future star who will say that Nastya has been her idol in the childhood. I'm already too old for that:sad: :lol:

JLDementieva
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I like the idea of writing her a letter, but we probably all have something we want to tell her, so it'll be one long letter ;)
Oh, and congrats to Nastya on the doubles win!!! :bounce:

Emptiness
Sep 20th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Hey guys i found out how to save streaming videos to your computer. :yeah:

Using this program: http://stream-down.cocsoft.com/
You just copy the link of your video, open up the program and press add. Sometimes the video is cut off at the end, to fix this just stop it once when you're downloading and resume again.The program only has a 15 day trial but PM me and i can tell you how to get around that. ;)
Heres a website with lots of links to streaming videos if you didnt already know. http://tennis.quickfound.net

If you're having trouble downloaded something PM me and i'll try to help. :)

And congrats to Ana on doubles in Bali.

Daniel
Sep 20th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Congratulations Nastya fo the doubles title :dance: :bounce:

goldenlox
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:29 PM
This week, the Leipzig points come off, and Nasta falls to world #4.
Sveta has already passed Nastya in 2004 points.
Next week, the Moscow points come off.
So Nastya can take her time, she's not competing for world #1 anymore. Rest up, and come back ready to play.

deckham
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM
hey all!!!! it's been a while i know... i keep apologizing for these little absences of mine... been very busy the past little while... my dad was getting remarried and had lots of relatives in town (the crazy scottish and canadian kind... ;) :drink: )

but i'm here... i've been trying to keep up with nastya in bali and i saw that she lost her first match to camerin but stayed in bali to win the doubles with sugiyama!!! :woohoo:

that's great... i don't think her head was quite ready for singles yet but she is having fun and keeping up her game in doubles... which is great. When is her next tourney? She's not in the China Open so I was wondering what was next..... :confused:

I think the book idea is a great idea ola... I'd love to write a little message and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. Ofcourse, I don't know russian so I'd try to make it a simple english message (maybe with a poem too... hehehe.... :eek: )

So I'm an eternal optimist eh nastyafan???? lol... well... i think between the two of us one needs to be the optimist... considering you're probably the pessimist of our crew.. ;) just kidding.... but nastyafan... let's pick up our chin a bit eh? hehehe.... :drink:

but again, sorry i'm not here as much anymore... i no longer work at cnn where i had a computer shoved in front of my face for hours a day... i'm a bit computered out... but I'm still as big a nastya fan as i've ever been and i just hope she gets her head on straight so she can start enjoying singles again.. because if she's enjoying herself there's no way she will be beaten... she's just toooooo talented for that ... :lick: :angel:

rankings is not important right now... getting on the right track and enjoying stepping on the court should be the main concern... i hope she does that... just a matter of time.. :bigclap:

nastya it's ok, we know you're in a rut
you've had a couple of big losses, but.......
you have so many fans and we think the world of you
your face lights up our hearts and you play great tennis too
just take some time off to heal and everything will be alright
just watch some movies, have some fun, and dance with all your might.
i'm sure that moscow misses you and would want to have you near.
you're family would just love that part and you're dog could have a beer :confused:
so rest rest rest and relax a bit, we're behind you all the time
never a bad word is spoken of you, we praise you in our rhyme.
keep that smile and your eyes that sparkle, you're an eleven out of ten
with your prodigious talent and wit to go round, you're the desire of all the men. (ofcourse me included... ;) )

go nastya! ;) :angel: :drink:

Spunky83
Sep 20th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Hey Decky, no matter how "good" your poem will be (they are getting better and better), it will certainly make her laugh a lot;)

Great to see you around again, we were already worried that you just drank too much...lol. I hope you´ll get a job again where you have to sit in front of a computer all day!!!

Greetz

deckham
Sep 20th, 2004, 03:51 PM
lol spunky... good to hear from you too... and yes, i may have had a few martinis too many at the wedding, but i'm still here... ;) :drink:

i like chatting with you and everyone else too, so i wouldn't mind a job with the computer, but i don't think that's going to happen again.... lol.

you think my poems will make her laugh eh? hehehe... i hope so.... ;)

goldenlox
Sep 20th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Anastasia has had a great run in the past year. Winning Leipzig and Moscow, then the French Open. Reaching world #2. It's understandable that she will have a few losses to lower ranked players.
What matters now is that Nastya gets mentally ready for Moscow. I'm sure she wants to make a strong showing, and defend her title, in her home town.

cool_olga
Sep 20th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Ok then write what you want and I will collect.

jochem
Sep 20th, 2004, 06:41 PM
So Anastacia is really going to recieve messages from Myskina fans over here?
That's a pretty cool idea. Doesn't Nastya have her own personal website, like Kim (C) does, to keep her fans updated? That would also be a good thing to ask her; Hey Anastacia, why don't you start your own website so we can overload you with romantic poems, pictures and so on? :P

cool_olga
Sep 21st, 2004, 06:25 AM
Hey jochem. It's little bit complicated with Nastya's website. She has two myskina.com and anastasia-myskina.com - which is mine. I could of course ask her if it can be officlai site but I don't think Nastya would have time to do anything for it. I mean, there are different players. For example we're preparing Vera Z.'s official site and I can say that there can be few suprises and Vera's contribution but Nastya, she is very busy and doesn't use net that often so it's hard with her.
But we can surely write message.

Daniel
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks Cool_olga :)

is filderstad nastya's next tournament?

Epigone
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:14 AM
Ola, I still think that you should ask Nastya to let your site be the official one. Even if she is busy, I'm sure that she could spare a few minutes from time to time to do something for the site. She really likes you, so I'm pretty sure she'd do it if you asked.

Vera is a different story because she has more time to be online. Her site is going to be awesome :bounce:

Nastyafan
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM
Yea, you should ask her Ola. I'm pretty sure she couldn't withhold you. She needs to be closer with her fans, to feel their support. It isn't necessary for her to update the site, just to give a prime source information through you and when she has time she may answer questions or write something.

Hi deck, I began to worry about you, but you have been at another wedding (I have a feeling that your life is a consecution of weddings:drink: :dance: ) Congrats to your dad and new mommy. Yea, you should write some nice poem to Nastya, definitely she will laugh a lot:lol:

jochem
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:57 PM
thanks for your reply olga, but I still do not understand why Myskina has less chance/time to check her site than Vera does...

Epigone
Sep 21st, 2004, 01:13 PM
thanks for your reply olga, but I still do not understand why Myskina has less chance/time to check her site than Vera does...I guess that Nastya might have more media commitments than Vera because she has a higher profile.

I know that Vera likes to use the computer while she's at tournaments, but I'm not so sure about Nastya. Ola will have to find out :)

jochem
Sep 21st, 2004, 01:22 PM
damn, that means whe're dealing here with a anti-computer high profile tennis player! But I do think she might need some inspiration from her (biggest) fans, so she will have to check her site more often...well A site...because there isn't an official one at the moment :(

Maybe if she quits tennis for a week or three and reads encouraging mail from us she might be able to put things in different perspective and calm down a bit...it can really change a person if he/she hears about opinions of others and especially fans

So....Ola/Olga (I'm sorry what wasi t again)...what do you think

jochem
Sep 21st, 2004, 01:28 PM
Hmm I assume she's off now...so now is my chance :)

Why are we actually fan of Nastya? Everyone must have a different reason for liking her so much, don't we?

Interesting to find out what makes her so special

goldenlox
Sep 21st, 2004, 02:31 PM
I don't think a player should agree to having an official site unless they get paid for it. Or they have a family member running it.
I've seen some fans turn around and start disliking the player they once loved. I would never let someone I don't know very, very well control an official website of mine.

Nastyafan
Sep 21st, 2004, 02:46 PM
We have discusses this question thousand times here, jochem. I personally like almost everything in her - her play, her temperament, her personality, her look, her body her magnetic eyes...But I have said these things many times here and don't want to repeat myself again

I don't think any player needs to be paid for his (her) official site and I doubt a family member can look at the player as a fan. And Nastya knows Ola well.

goldenlox
Sep 21st, 2004, 02:52 PM
I've seen other official sites, and either it's a business, like Anna's or a family member runs it.
An official site is a marketing vehicle. A fan's site shouldn't be the player's official site.

cool_olga
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:19 PM
1. is filderstad nastya's next tournament?
Yep, she plays Filderstand and Moscow next.

2. Ola, I still think that you should ask Nastya to let your site be the official one.
I will definitely want to and will maybe try. Now I settled out things with myskina.com, talked with Pierre he said it's not her official and I can ask her.

thanks for your reply olga, but I still do not understand why Myskina has less chance/time to check her site than Vera does...
Because Nastya is Nastya and Vera is Vera. Vera spends much more time on net, she says it's no problem with writing something from time to time. Nastya doesn't surf net that much, i think she's rather telephone maniac and she wouldn't have time to do anything. The only thing is changing site's status to official, we'll see.

4. I don't think a player should agree to having an official site unless they get paid for it. Or they have a family member running it.
Here you not right I think. You don't have to pay them for that all. And why they would need money even for that, they earn enough, having good website is better for them.

5. And Nastya knows Ola well.
Wouldn't say so :lol:

Epigone
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:23 PM
Vera spends much more time on net, she says it's no problem with writing something from time to time. Nastya doesn't surf net that much, i think she's rather telephone maniac and she wouldn't have time to do anything.This is also what I understand. Vera and Nastya communicate with each other by phone, but Vera loves to surf the web.

goldenlox
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:24 PM
Not for the player to earn money, but so it's run in a professional manner.
A player who lets a fan run their official website, then has no control over it.
It should be a promotional vehicle for the player. Otherwise, they don't need an official website.

Epigone
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:32 PM
Not for the player to earn money, but so it's run in a professional manner.
A player who lets a fan run their official website, then has no control over it.
It should be a promotional vehicle for the player. Otherwise, they don't need an official website.But who better to promote a player than a fan who is willing to invest time and money into the development of a great website?

And of course a player still has control over what happens. If they don't like what is happening, they can withdraw their name from the site.

goldenlox
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:40 PM
I know 2 player websites. Kournikova's is a business. It's used to promote her products, and give information about her upcoming apprearances.
Jenny Finch won an Olympic gold medal. Her site is run by her brother.
If I was an athlete, why would I let a fan call their site my official site?
The player can't control the fan's website. There's no reason to let someone call it your official site.

Epigone
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:53 PM
GL, the Barbara Schett website (www.barbara-schett.net (http://www.barbara-schett.net/)) is run by a fan, but it's her official website.

IMO, it's a great site. It has links to Babsi's personal sponsors, and keeps fans updated on all the latest Babsi news. Babsi even has a diary on the site. I'm sure that Babsi has a say in what goes on, but even if she doesn't, the site is still a great promotional tool. I don't see how Babsi or a member of Babsi's family could do anything better :shrug:

cool_olga
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:57 PM
But look she can't write on this site news on her own and do things so what controll you mean because i really can't understand you? Most official sites are run by fans, I know Capriati's for example. And if for Vera it is okay it's better the website is run by a fan than by nobody.

goldenlox
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:58 PM
I don't know why Anastasia would want a fan's site to be called her official site.
An official site should be one where the player is involved.
Or one that her management runs.
I don't know why Vera would do it either.

cool_olga
Sep 21st, 2004, 04:07 PM
But whether site is ran by fan or menagment her involvment is same. She will do what she can do and who runs the site it doesn'e matter.
Official site not always have to be so big deal like Kourinkova with everything made so official and professional.
And Vera already has done.

Nastya's sister
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:17 PM
Olga, is it in Moscow you will have the chance to give the letter to her?

cool_olga
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:51 PM
Yes, Kremlin Cup. I hope I go. All I need is get visa and press pass for one nice guy :rolleyes:

Daniel
Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:09 AM
I hope u go Olga, :D :bounce: and please take pics of her :D :kiss:

Nastyafan
Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Is that guy your bodygard Ola?;)

http://img81.exs.cx/img81/515/f_22.jpg

cool_olga
Sep 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
He's friend, but would be kind of safety for me because I have to admit going alone by train bit scares me.
Very nice pic with Gisela :)

Nastyafan
Sep 22nd, 2004, 09:33 PM
By train? It will be a looong journey. If the train arrives too late you may miss the tourney.

Is that girl Gisela? I thought Masha:unsure:

cool_olga
Sep 23rd, 2004, 06:07 AM
It goes 20 hours, I won't miss tourney, it will be whole week ;) But first I need to get visa somehow.
It's surely Gisela Dulko.

Spunky83
Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:06 AM
It goes 20 hours, I won't miss tourney, it will be whole week ;) But first I need to get visa somehow.
It's surely Gisela Dulko.

Wow...20 hours all by yourself with the train through russia? I´d be very very scared. My mother always wanted me and her to visit china´s northern parts by train, no thank you, rather take the plane.

Nice pic ;)

Nastyafan
Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:17 AM
Only 20 hours? I think it's about 2000km with 2 crossings the borders and another stoppings it should be really a fast train. Did you already receive a visa and PP for yourself?

goldenlox
Sep 23rd, 2004, 02:44 PM
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/515/f_22.jpgAnastasia really looks like a model in this pick.

cool_olga
Sep 23rd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Yep it's 19 hours actually. Moscow is not so far away from Warsaw if you look at map. Now the visa is only problem. I need to get voucher I think now I am getting it from Kremlin Cup and then will have to get confirmation of booking hotel and have to go with everything to embassy.

Epigone
Sep 23rd, 2004, 03:34 PM
I loved applying for my Russian visa. I can think of nothing that is more fun :)