PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Nastyafan
Aug 27th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Lol,has she composed the text herself? Yes, Russian words are almost the same, it should be a funny song.
Hmm, mini jeans but jeans again. I know she likes mini jeans, she is often in mini jeanns on trainings and at home but I would be surprised if she had appeared on the show with a dress or a skirt.
I hope she is happy with her family (not sure about b/f:p ) but I can't see that, I want to see her happy on the court too.
I didn't understand that sentence Ola:
I though like she drawed heard on court with her raquet.what did you mean?:confused:

I don't believe in that wrist problem, Davenport crushed Vera last.

cool_olga
Aug 27th, 2004, 04:00 PM
No no no, I mean not jeans trousers but jeans very short SKIRT! ;)
Sorry I wanted to say drew heart. Like she made heart on court with her raquet, I think it was heart but not 100% sure about that.
Nastya in skirt and black high boots, she really looked nice I don't understand why she doesn't want wear skirts. I will try to make cap somehow later.

Nastyafan
Aug 27th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Nastya in short skirt and black high boots.:eek: That seems teenage, maybe... rapish (sorry I don't know the word - from rap music:rolleyes: ). It would be very interesting if you manage to make a cap.
BTW Do you know which TV is that show from, maybe they have a clip on their website

Daniel
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Nastya has a good draw to work her way into the tournament. Maybe Davenport has a wrist problem.
First Nastya has to get to the quarters.

Anastasia Myskina RUS (4) v. Ludmila Cervanova SVK
Barbara Schett AUT v. Qualifier
Barbora Strycova CZE v. Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP
Silvija Talaja CRO v. Eleni Daniilidou GRE (29)

Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi ISR (24) v. Shinobu Asagoe JPN
Tina Pisnik SLO v. Jill Craybas USA
Dally Randriantefy MAD v. Jessica Kirkland USA
Qualifier v. Paola Suarez ARG (13)
Maybe Linds isnot 100 ready but Venus is still a threat, Mysya should beat easily until the 4R, in the QF she will have to raise her game a lot, and it will be a must win match .

Daniel
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Good luck !!!! :worship: :bounce: :)

cool_olga
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:55 AM
I made a cap with my phone yesterday, but from tv it has ugly lines but still you can see and get general idea :p
I will transfer to computer in a moment, don't know which tv sorry.

cool_olga
Aug 28th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Ok I did but quality very bad, couldn't do better anyways.

Nastya during singing:
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/offcourt/Nastya_Off120.jpg

And after

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/offcourt/Nastya_Off122.jpg

Laughing before:
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/offcourt/Nastya_Off121.jpg

And one normal during interview

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/offcourt/Nastya_off123.jpg

Nastyafan
Aug 28th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks Ola:)
Nastya looks very sexy in this outfit.:inlove: It seems she is reading the text, so she isn't the author, nor it's a very popular song, but maybe someone has written it specially for Nastya like we write poems here.:p
I hope we will see that beautiful smile next week again:D

cool_olga
Aug 28th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Well it wasn't song writte for her I bet, she and this guy were playing hockey before and this song was about hockey, the title was 'Graj w hockey' dunno how to spell in Russian.

Nastyafan
Aug 28th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Grrr that stupid hockey is everywhere around Nastya:fiery: At least I hope she has won;)

cool_olga
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:30 PM
She did hit him couple of goals. Cus Nastya was attacking he was defending. She pumped her first once, was funny moment too :p

Lady
Aug 28th, 2004, 05:23 PM
It's Russian TV or RTR-planeta
and no, they don't have it online, I checked after I taped the programm

I'm sooo happy that Ola finally got my tape. :kiss: :D

And Nastya offered herself to play hockey, she said it was her dream a long ago

Lady
Aug 28th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Yes, it's a very popular song. It's pretty old already.

it's name could be translated as "Cowards don't play hockey" :D

cool_olga
Aug 28th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks again Irina :)

cool_olga
Aug 28th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Oh, and if anybody would like to see Nastya with tears in her eyes anyways here is the vid http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/nastyaolympics.mpg

And one happier one with some nice off court scenes :) Very sweet smile around 1:36 minute.

http://twiggy.taty-tatu.net/Nastya/nastya-light2.wmv

Julia_08
Aug 28th, 2004, 07:00 PM
thanks Olga!

I have problems with downloading the files... always stopped... oh well thanks

cool_olga
Aug 28th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Sorry but downloads are fine. Even tried to down now when read your post and both went fine. Just maybe use download menager and it will be better.

Julia_08
Aug 29th, 2004, 04:30 AM
might be my connection, i dont get it why like.. the download start and after 1 mins.. it stop and say that the file was download.. oh well, it's my computer who's $/&?%?*&?%*

Daniel
Aug 29th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks Olga

Nastya :kiss: :worship:

Good luck !!!! :bounce: :D :clap2: :yeah:

cool_olga
Aug 29th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I was happening to me too sometimes. As I said use download menager, I have FlashGet.

Nastya will probably play on Tuesday.

Julia_08
Aug 29th, 2004, 09:53 PM
ahhhh thank you !! !Worked fine :P!!!!!!!

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Myskina is #1 if....
...She wins the Open, or
...She reaches the semifinal and outlasts Mauresmo and neither Henin-Hardenne nor Davenport wins, or
...She reaches the quarterfinal and Mauresmo loses early and the others lose before the semifinal

JLDementieva
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:53 AM
I'd like to see her win the open and get that #1 ranking, that's the best way to show people!! Go Nastya!

Daniel
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I wish she really does well here :D Hope the draw becomes easier as the tournaments develops .

cool_olga
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Myskina is #1 if....
...She wins the Open, or
...She reaches the semifinal and outlasts Mauresmo and neither Henin-Hardenne nor Davenport wins, or
...She reaches the quarterfinal and Mauresmo loses early and the others lose before the semifinal
Nah, this will be hard to do. I think Henin is going to win this is Nastya won't stop her in semis.

Daniel
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Yep, but still she will try her best so I am hapy if Nastya reaches at least QF:worship: :)

cool_olga
Aug 30th, 2004, 11:23 AM
If anybody interested in winning Nastya's autographed photo go here (http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/multi.php?pokaz=main/article.php?aid=36).

t_fan
Aug 30th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Nah, this will be hard to do. I think Henin is going to win this is Nastya won't stop her in semis.
She almost did it in Athens. Don't you believe she's not capable to win here? :)
Go Nastya! :bounce:

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2004, 01:17 PM
If Nastya wins her QF, anything can happen. But that's a long way away.

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Hey, hey...I am back from my "holidays" at home (though I donīt think anyone missed me). Nice draw for Nastya, if she gets through to the finals, Iīll eat my head and jump in joy;). Incredibly tough, well letīs see.

deckham
Aug 30th, 2004, 04:23 PM
i'm back too! hey everyone... sorry i've been gone for awhile (searching for new job... ) again like spunky, i don't think anyone missed me too much... less poems and drinking :drink: hehehehe

i'm excited.... all the pics of nastya singing (with the skirt. :angel: ) are great....

and she loves hockey which is just great..... my 2 fav sports are hockey and football (american soccer) and ofcourse the world cup of hockey starts today i believe... so she was probably excited about russia's chances....

alrighty... well... i'm back and am glad to still see everyone here.... :yeah:

nastya's in new york
it will be a very busy week
the republican convention
will give it a little tweak.

masses of people in the city
protests and fans will be there
hope they stop to see our nastya
because nastya and bush don't compare.

lol... i don't know what my poem meant but ok.... :drink: :drink: :drink:

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Hey Decky! At least according to your poem Bush and Nastya donīt compare...thank God!!!

To all the US-Americans: Vote for Kerry (ups, off topic...but still;))!!!

cool_olga
Aug 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Nice to see you 2 back :D Nice poem again.
Davai Nastya! She plays tomorrow I can't wait. Maybe if nice schedule we can see her on tv, today they even showed few games of Dulko so why not.

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Hey, hey...I am back from my "holidays" at home (though I donīt think anyone missed me). Nice draw for Nastya, if she gets through to the finals, Iīll eat my head and jump in joy;). Incredibly tough, well letīs see.

OMG :silly: ...am I stupid or not? Iīve just re-read my own post and I canīt believe that I wrote head (I eat my head?!?). I wanted to say, if Nastya reaches the final, I will eat my hat, as in :hatoff:, itīs a phrase.

I donīt want to eat my head (though according to my first post this is impossible anyway, cause I donīt seem to have a head with a brain in it at all)

Hope Nastya has a cool head the next two weeks...ok, enough with the heads :tape:

cool_olga
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:33 PM
You're funny 'Iva' :p

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Nice to see you 2 back :D Nice poem again.
Davai Nastya! She plays tomorrow I can't wait. Maybe if nice schedule we can see her on tv, today they even showed few games of Dulko so why not.

I am sorry, but watching Kiefer on Eurosport right now is a real tennis-turn-off for me, so I decided to do this here: Schedule-Prediction!!! :eek:

Arthur Ashe:

Henin-Hardenne vs. Vaidisova
Hewitt vs. Ferreira
V. Williams vs. Mandula

Night-match:
Sharapova vs. Granville
Roddick vs. Jenkins

Armstrong:

Spadea vs. Horna or Safin vs. Enqvist
Myskina vs. Cervanova
Davenport vs. Kurhajcova
Gambill vs. Ram

Grandstand:

Frazier vs Mc Cain
Philippoussis vs. Davydenko
Rubin vs. Sanchez Lorenzo
Nalbandian vs. Van Scheppingen

Nightmatch:
Ferrero vs. Zib

...and the rest;)

Iīve gotta say that this was fun, but the only thing I am sure of is that the matches on the centre court are right (maybe not Hewittīs, but the rest), especially Roddickīs night match and I think Maria gets more attention than Venus, so thatīs why Maria playing the night-match.

If I were an american organizer I would put the matches this way...thereīs no way I can watch Nastyaīs match if it will be scheduled this way, but I canīt see her playing on Arthur Ashe in the first rounds, so... :sad:

It will probably rain all day tomorrow, so who cares?

deckham
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Hey Decky! At least according to your poem Bush and Nastya donīt compare...thank God!!!

To all the US-Americans: Vote for Kerry (ups, off topic...but still;))!!!
lol.... i actually like bush.... can't stand kerry... :yeah:

no way i'd ever vote for that man.

Spunky83
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:44 PM
lol.... i actually like bush.... can't stand kerry... :yeah:

no way i'd ever vote for that man.

...well look, this is the perfect example for it when you say that sports bring people together ;)

I guess we should stick to tennis then :kiss:

no1mariafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:23 AM
Armstrong 11.00 AM Start

1. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) vs. Tim Henman (GBR)[5]

followed by
2. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[4] vs. Ludmila Cervanova (SVK)

Good Luck Nastya!!

deckham
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:15 AM
...well look, this is the perfect example for it when you say that sports bring people together ;)

I guess we should stick to tennis then :kiss:
lol.. i entirely agree spunky... i never confuse sports with politics.... :drink:

they kind of go hand in hand if you play them professionally.... but as fans and viewers, I keep them entirely separate.... ;)

everyone going to be here tomorrow for the game??? i hope they show it on tv live on USA network.... :hearts:

go nastya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess she'll be playing around 1:00 then....

nastya's on the court
she's such a terrific girl
so fluid and so talented
my heart does a little swirl

just please don't play for too long
you need to get it done in a hurry
for you are just drop dead gorgeous
and you make my eyes quite blurry.

i can't stand to look at you too long
for i feel like such a fool
i get caught up in your beauty and speed
and i begin a little drool :drool:

but i can handle that sort of thing
as long as you do your best
you're so focused and so charming
that's what puts you above the rest.

udachi nastya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:
davai !!! davai !!! davai !!! :bounce:

p.s. if you are interested in hockey (like nastya is ;) ), tomorrow night in the world cup of hockey canada plays russia... now i know i love nastya and all, but i am canada through and through so i, ofcourse, am hoping canada lays a licking on them pretty good... ;) hehehe... well... just beats them will be fine. :yeah:
gotta love hockey and beer..... mmmmmmm.......... beer....... :drink:

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:20 AM
I am sorry, but watching Kiefer on Eurosport right now is a real tennis-turn-off for me, so I decided to do this here: Schedule-Prediction!!! :eek:

Arthur Ashe:

Henin-Hardenne vs. Vaidisova
Hewitt vs. Ferreira
V. Williams vs. Mandula

Night-match:
Sharapova vs. Granville
Roddick vs. Jenkins

Armstrong:

Spadea vs. Horna or Safin vs. Enqvist
Myskina vs. Cervanova
Davenport vs. Kurhajcova
Gambill vs. Ram

Ahhh...itīs interesting that I got at least all the matches of my three faves right;). Maria and Andy in the centre night matches...what else?!? Interesting: Only one American (Venus) on Armstrong :eek:

I hope we germans get to see the Nastya-match, it depends on how the others are playing (esp. Court 11 with Schuttler playing third...hope that Massu and Acasuso play a four/five hours match;))...at least I get to see Justine again.

Rain, rain please go away!!! :angel:

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:25 AM
p.s. if you are interested in hockey (like nastya is ;) ), tomorrow night in the world cup of hockey canada plays russia... now i know i love nastya and all, but i am canada through and through so i, ofcourse, am hoping canada lays a licking on them pretty good... ;) hehehe... well... just beats them will be fine. :yeah:
gotta love hockey and beer..... mmmmmmm.......... beer....... :drink:

No, no, no...I absolutely donīt like Hockey, Iīm more a football (soccer) and volleyball type of person. I remember playing Hockey in school, that hurt!!!

Stop drinking Decky :wavey:

Daniel
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:55 AM
~~~~ Good Luck~~~~

:bounce: :worship: :D :bigclap:

Daniel
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:02 AM
Go Nastya, beat Cervanova in 2 easy sets :kiss: :smooch:

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:13 AM
Hi again people. I had to be away for 2 days again too. Then I was enough silly :banghead: to install that trash called SP2 and my comp is barely working now and probably I will have to format and reinstall Windows but maybe after today's match. If someone intends to install it too better don't risk
Great clip again Ola (of course the happier one, I can't see Nastya's tears:crying2: ) but the site isn't accessible for some time now and I can't see the autographs.
Lol deckham I thought you have gone to NY to cheer for Nastya (and demonstrate against Bush:p ) BTW it's not necessary to like Kerry but you should vote against Bush, nobody can't be worse than him, better put some donkey in White house but throw this :cuckoo::devil: out from there.
Like Spunky I like soccer and volleyball, but not hockey, I hate sports where the main task is to jostle the opponent as hard as you can (hockey, american football, rugby). I wonder if Stepanov is in the Russian team. Maybe some Canadian guy will prettify his face with a stick....:smash: But I doubt he's so talented to be in the team and that will sadden Nastya and I can't wish anything bad to her.:hug:
Poor Nastya, it seems no one believes in her chances here, even her fans promise to eat their head (hat). I'm not too optimistic either but make the wonder Nastya, maybe Spunky likes eating hats:hatoff:

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 01:06 PM
Well, itīs not that I am that pessimistic, but we shouldnīt expect too much, itīs a hard draw for Nastya with Lindsay (she never managed to win more than 3 games per match) in the QF and then probably Justine in the semis (no need to comment on that constellation). I guess Nastya must have eaten her hat when she saw the draw, I wished she had to play Maria in the QF instead of Lindsay (letīs hope she crashes out against Venus), but well...I mean this is what itīs all about, itīs a big challenge for her and you compete in a tourney to measure yourself with the very best.

Gooooood luck Nastya!!! I hope that I will have to eat my hat!

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 03:02 PM
Lindsay would eat her hat if nastya would beat her because if she wins the Open (Davy) she will have 1,5 million not 1 mln.
Sorry NF something is wrong with the server I don't know what.
Okay so let's be optimistic :) Nastya will beat Lindsay and OF then Juju in SF and then the final will be very easy, just like FO, why actually not to do it? Davai Nastya :)

KV
Aug 31st, 2004, 03:05 PM
Good luck Nastya do what's expected def. L. Cervanova and help your compatriot E. Linetskaya to crack the top 100 for the first time.

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:52 PM
Where do you get your statistic from Spunky? In Hopman cup Nastya lost to 4, 4 and one of her previous loss is to 2, 2. Of course that doesn't look much better, but I'm afraid not so much from the stats but from her current psychical condition. . I'm not sure if she will win easy her first matches or will struggle like in Wimby.

Yea, I hope Davenport will choke thinking about these big money and I hope Elena B. can upset her but let first Nastya get there

BTW. Does that scoreboard work fine for you or it's from my comp and that stupid SP2 - I can't see stats nor choose the preferences - they are hidden behind the advertising bannner below

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 05:32 PM
Where do you get your statistic from Spunky? In Hopman cup Nastya lost to 4, 4 and one of her previous loss is to 2, 2. Of course that doesn't look much better, but I'm afraid not so much from the stats but from her current psychical condition. . I'm not sure if she will win easy her first matches or will struggle like in Wimby.

Yea, I hope Davenport will choke thinking about these big money and I hope Elena B. can upset her but let first Nastya get there

BTW. Does that scoreboard work fine for you or it's from my comp and that stupid SP2 - I can't see stats nor choose the preferences - they are hidden behind the advertising bannner below

Scoreboard is working perfectly (though it was down a few times today), the scores come from the umpire computer directly to the internet, even faster than the umpire says it.

You may try the scoreboard on the offical site, if the "on demand scoreboard" doesnīt work.

Youīre right N-Fan, I forgot the Hopman Cup, but since I never count in exhibition matches (hmmm...), the H2H is like this:

http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/PlayerHeadToHeadDetail.asp?PlayerID=130533&Player1ID=40106

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 05:46 PM
I have the scores Spunky, but as I said I can't use other options - stats, preferences...
Last week they were working fine, but now the stats are hidden behind the banner and I see only Aces because they are on top. I can't use preferences either

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:12 PM
If Safin finishes quicjly maybe we will see Nastya is she will be still playing, It's be awesome. Site works fine now and you can down everything N-fan.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:18 PM
Hey N-Fan, maybe you should try to update your Macromedia Flash Player...mine is player 7 and it works fine. Maybe this will help.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:26 PM
If Safin finishes quicjly maybe we will see Nastya is she will be still playing, It's be awesome. Site works fine now and you can down everything N-fan.

Hi Ola, cool that at least you can probably watch it. Henman and Karlovic are going with service games and it wouldnīt surprise me if there will be five Tiebreakers, so it might take another two hours till Nastya gets on court. On court 11, Massu is playing great, heīs up 6-4 6-0 3-1, which means that the second match (woman) will be taking place very soon and if that match wonīt last like three hours (currently showing Safin), thereīs no way I get to see her match...cause after the womanīs match is over Rainerīs match will be on :confused: :sad:

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:34 PM
But if I can se this you can see this too. I just watch on Eurosport Germany has that too.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:20 PM
But if I can se this you can see this too. I just watch on Eurosport Germany has that too.

Ah, right, sorry! So, you know what that means? Pierceīs leading 6-1 3-1 and Schuttlerīs after that...Henmanīs up a break in the fifth and will probably win this when Schuttler starts to play...so no Nastya for German Eurosport viewers :sad:

At least you have Schuettler :lick:

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:52 PM
ITisn't from Flash player Spunky, mine is 7 too and as I said last week it was working fine, I guess it's from that SP2 for Windows XP I installed yesterday, the whole comp behaves like mad from yesterday, tonight I will have to reinstall Windows.

Thanks Ola you have made great galeries again, I was looking through so far and there are many pics I have never seen. And the scans are with very interesting articles, only now I understoood why they love Nastya in Doha and how eager in seeking a partner she has been from childhood on:lol:

But she will be on court soon. Good luck Nastya:kiss:

no1mariafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:56 PM
I can watch Nastya. Hope you can as well!!!

Good Luck Nastya, make it a comfortable victory.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:56 PM
Ola, watching Schuettler? I gotta say he looks very cute in his new Fila oversized white shirt, the blue shorts and the cap, like an eight year old boy or something..give him a lollipop immediately!

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:57 PM
I can watch Nastya. Hope you can as well!!!

Good Luck Nastya, make it a comfortable victory.

No, I got my countryman, da Schuettler!

On which channel can you watch Nastyaīs match?

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:59 PM
Is she already on the court? She isn't on the Netcam.
If Marat loses quickly maybe we will see Nastya

no1mariafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:02 PM
She's currently warming up.

Its on Sky Sports. Has five courts to choose from.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:05 PM
She's currently warming up.

Its on Sky Sports. Has five courts to choose from.

Cool;) You need to tell us then how sheīs doing on court (the board is not very emotional)

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:09 PM
Grr why there isn't a webcam from her court?
a tough game from the start

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:12 PM
Grr why there isn't a webcam from her court?
a tough game from the start

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/netcam/gridpages/2/index.html?refresh

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:14 PM
now she is.
is her outfit orange or red- it looks in both way on different pics
grrr missed BP

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:17 PM
LOL...actually I love that scoreboard with all itīs animations like showing the speed of every serve;)

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:17 PM
finaly she broke
but she doesn't look happy on the pics

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:19 PM
now she is on Eurosport:)

no1mariafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:30 PM
6-1 Typical Myskina first set. Letting her opponent make the errors, which are a plenty. There are occasional glimpes of good play from her oponent. Shouldn't be any troubles making it to next round.

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:33 PM
Aren't you watching Spunky?

She has the same cut on her dress, but it isn't for balls

no1mariafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:49 PM
Well Done Nastya! Her opponent didnt even try.

KV
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Excellent score :)

vaiva
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:56 PM
I blinked and Nastya already won :lol:

Cervanova couldn't put a ball in court

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:58 PM
Nastya :D :) in auto-mode today :D :)
got to play like this against the also-rans

save your energy :)
good start :)

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:00 PM
Aren't you watching Spunky?

She has the same cut on her dress, but it isn't for balls

No, Schuttlerīs match is on eurosport, but Iīve seen the setpoint. The colour of the dress is irritating...I miss the white dress from the Olympics :sad:

Well done, Nastya!!!

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:01 PM
You know, she actually has a habit to bagle her opponents in the early rounds...very cool!

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:08 PM
Wow I never expected such a convincing win.:eek:
But Nastya had to do almost nothing. I have never seen such a bad game like Chervanova's. Maybe Nastya intimidates her opponents:scared:
And Nastya wasn't looking happy. She smiled only once when reached a dropshot and made a beautiful lob. But it seemed she was in no mood to play. But maybe it was because her opponent was no threat

Btw her dress was really interesting, even the commentator noticed that it seems red on one cam and orange on the other

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:12 PM
Wow I never expected such a convincing win.:eek:
But Nastya had to do almost nothing. I have never seen such a bad game like Chervanova's. Maybe Nastya intimidates her opponents:scared:
And Nastya wasn't looking happy. She smiled only once when reached a dropshot and made a beautiful lob. But it seemed she was in no mood to play. But maybe it was because her opponent was no threat

Btw her dress was really interesting, even the commentator noticed the it seems red on one cam and orange on the other

Have you seen Serena or Justineīs first round? Never smile during first round matches (itīs like a rule), cause you can always do better...see, another hint that Nastya really is a top player now...losing first round matches is not an option.

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:33 PM
But as you said once Justine (and Serena ) are not humans. And Serena after every win acts like a princess and gives away condescending smiles to the crowd. But I don't want Nastya to be like them (especially Serena) except for their wins

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:44 PM
But as you said once Justine (and Serena ) are not humans. And Serena after every win acts like a princess and gives away condescending smiles to the crowd. But I don't want Nastya to be like them (especially Serena) except for their wins

I think I maybe know why nastya ran out of smiles today: There was another terror-act in Moscow, killing ten people in a very well visited metro station in the evening. I donīt know if that was the reason, but if I were her and there are ordinary people like you and me killed, I wouldnīt be all smiles either. It was the second terror-act in Russia in just one week, thatīs horrible.

Letīs see if she will get asked at her post-match conference.

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:59 PM
Congrats, very easy match :)
Very easy and very boring one because of Cervanova's play. How many balls can you hit to the net? I guess she was record and she wasn't fighting at all. Nastya didn't have to use even 60% of her power. One action from her was the pleasant thing from her, what a run! Beautiful point from Nastya she even smiled nicely :) She didn;t get tired this match was probably even easier that training with Jens. He at least puts the ball to her side. But that's good if she saves more energy to next matches.

Lindsay had 36 winners today...

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:04 PM
What's going on in moscow god. First these two planes now metro, that's becoming scary and Kremlin Cup in just a month. They should finally stop these attacks why normal people have to die because they just want the attack, this is stupid.
Nastya gave one smile today after great action. But she doesn't smile normally today wasn't exception, she has face like that in all her easy matches.

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:04 PM
Really? I didn't hear news this evening. That's too sad.:sad: But I doubt if Nastya knows it too. Maybe it isn't the best preparation for the match to hear news. And maybe she would have appeared in a black outfit if that's the reason.

Spunky83
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:15 PM
Nah, the match started around 3pm New York time, the bombing was around 11am/12am, she must have known already, if not through TV, then through the other players.

Must be really bad, I canīt imagine something like this happen to my city...

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:19 PM
Yes that was the point I spoke about, it was 3-0 or 4-0 30-0 in the second. But it seemed Nastya didn't want to be on court at all. But maybe she just craves for the big matches and this was a boring job for her. We will see.
But I'm not sure so an easy is the best thing. Sometimes you can't find your rhythm for the harder matches - Venus "made history" at Olympics with 6-0 6-0 and lost in the next round

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:26 PM
I don't know if she heard before the match that doesn't matter she will hear about this for sure no matter what and this will be sad for her. Wherever people die it's sad but when it's you love city it's so much worse. I'm sorry for Nastya but she's got win at least.
She looked bit bored there but that's not suprising during that kind of match, she did her job and we'll see next match. It will be interesting against another upcoming new Russian.

the cat
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:32 PM
These are terror attacks Ola. They can't be stopped when the terrorists are willing to take their own lives. :( At some time in history the Chechen/Russian war will be over. Or atleast I hope so. But until then there will be one terror attack after another in Russia. :sad:

Ola, I guess you won't be going to the Kremlin Cup now. But it's better to play it safe in these trouble times. :kiss: And I would think the Kremlin Cup will be hit with some player withdrawals because of these heinous terror attacks.

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:41 PM
I want to go Kremlon Cup and consider seriously. Maybe nothing would happen to me :rolleyes:

Some time ago we had war with Russia too, they killed so many our pople then controlled us completely. But now our country is very calm. Would like to say same about Russia but these Chechen...

the cat
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:45 PM
I don't think your family will want you travelling to Moscow for a tennis tournament. And I don't blame them. It's likely nothing would happen to you Ola. But just the thought of terror is enough to make people stop and think. I know when I travel around New York City I think about 9/11 and wonder when will the next terror attack hit. It crosses my mind even if I don't want to think about it.

Is it know yet if the Moscow subway explosion was an accident or a terrorist attack?

Nastyafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:46 PM
Nah, the match started around 3pm New York time, the bombing was around 11am/12am, she must have known already, if not through TV, then through the other players.

Must be really bad, I canīt imagine something like this happen to my city...I doubt it's big news in USA and many players know. I switched to CNN, but they are talking only about their republican convention and demonstrations agains Bush - the biggest culprit for the world we are living although for the Russian tragedies there are others too of course.
There is no safe place in the world now cat, I don't think that should change players' or Ola's plans, there shouldn't have been Olympics if everyone was in fear

the cat
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:50 PM
Good point Nastyafan. But Ola is young and if her parents don't want her to travel to Moscow to cover the Kremlin Cup because of safety concerns then that's thier choice and I'm sure Ola would respect their wishes.

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:10 PM
I am working on my mom now and this atacks don't make my life easier...If i can get pp and will fine not expensive hotel I think I will go.

no1mariafan
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:14 PM
If you go ola, i wish you a safe journey.

Im glad Nastya got some rest early so when she reaches the latter stages she has some in reserve.

the cat
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:23 PM
What's pp Ola?

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:26 PM
press pass i meant

the cat
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:31 PM
Oh I should have know that. :o

cool_olga
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:39 PM
Anyways it's to early to even talk about this, pretty hard thing to make to go there.
I have some aswsome scans today :) Pics of little and young Nastya with Lena D.
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/scans/index3.htm

Mr. Myskina
Sep 1st, 2004, 12:59 AM
cool olga im jealous of you but its awesome how much you devote ure time to nastya

JLDementieva
Sep 1st, 2004, 03:40 AM
Congrats to Nastya on a great win!! Man, this girl is good!!! :bounce:

~SunFlower~
Sep 1st, 2004, 03:53 AM
:cat: what a great win anastasia :cat:

Daniel
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:28 AM
Good luck in the second round!!! :kiss: :bounce: :worship: :clap2:

Daniel
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:48 AM
eahLindsay would eat her hat if nastya would beat her because if she wins the Open (Davy) she will have 1,5 million not 1 mln.
Sorry NF something is wrong with the server I don't know what.
Okay so let's be optimistic :) Nastya will beat Lindsay and OF then Juju in SF and then the final will be very easy, just like FO, why actually not to do it? Davai Nastya :)
:D hope u r right ;) Go Nastya!!!! :dance: :bounce:

Daniel
Sep 1st, 2004, 10:08 AM
She is playing doubles with Zvonareva. Wish them good luck :aparty: :D

saab95
Sep 1st, 2004, 10:46 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/134479.jpg

I like this pic :)

some more
http://alltennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?&action=article&id_org=4468&id_razdel=60778&id_article=90339

cool_olga
Sep 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM
Getty's pics are the best. Just that with watermarks and I can't put not watermarked on site cus no permission.
But here are quite many nice ones:
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/usopen04/index.htm

Spunky83
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:07 PM
Ola, youīre going to Kremlin Cup? Iīm thinking about Filderstadt this year since my internship has begun now and I am earning some money with it. Whatīs better than spending the money to see some of my fave players? Hehe...

Another sad terror-story in Russia, canīt believe that they actually took kids today in a school as hostages, man, they threaten to blow the whole building up...I really hope that this will have a good end.

the cat
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:26 PM
That's a terrible story, Spunky. :( But the terrorists are out of control and it seems impossible to control their attacks when they will gladly kill themselves in the process. And at this time Russia seems more vulnerable to terrorism than America. Since 9/11 America seemingly has done a good job stopping terrorist activities here. But Russia seems helpless to the Chechen terrorists and that's truly tragic as are their terroistic activities. :sad:

cool_olga
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:50 PM
Gosh and Russia is not going to take their soldiers off Chechen, this become more and more scary they have to do something with this.

That's good Yee Wah, Filderstadt nice tournament and Nastya will be there for sure, she confirmed. Nice way of spending money indeed ;)

no1mariafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:31 AM
Armstrong 11.00 AM Start

1. Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Gaston Gaudio (ARG)[9] vs. Thomas Johansson (SWE)

followed by
2. Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[4] vs. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)

Good Luck Nastya!

the cat
Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:58 AM
Why can't Anastasia Myskina the French Open champion and #4 seed play on Arthur Ashe sstadium court? It's just ridiculous! :mad: I think the USTA fools think 2 Russian's aren't worthy of playing on Arthur Ashe stadium court. But if Myskina was playing an American girl her match would be on Arthur Ashe stadium court.

JLDementieva
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:06 AM
Funny how Sharapova gets placed on Ashe Stadium in the night match, and Nastya gets Armstrong :rolleyes: :(
nevertheless, Go Nastya!! :D

deckham
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:25 AM
hey everyone... sorry.. i'm so in and out in this message board now, i apologize. i like chatting her with everyone but i've been running here and there the past 2 weeks or so and haven't had a chance to sit down and chat. Nastya looks and is playing brilliantly after i saw a bit of the first match... i love the confidence she showed by trying to end the match on a serve and volley, but instead ended it with an amazing dropshot.... damn she's good.... :yeah:

The russia terrorist attacks are pretty disturbing..... i hate that cowardly crap. Now that i don't work for CNN i know i'm missing a lot of footage and some of the real stuff that is going on. The last i've seen it was 7 dead and 4 wounded, but you never know do you.....

Well i hope everyone is doing well........ i apologize i'm not here too much........ i miss you lovely nastya fans.... and ofcourse i love the pics you are all posting... please, more more more... ;)

i will talk to you all soon.......... nice to see everyone still here. :drink: :drink: :drink:

nastya nastya
looking amazing in your gear
could make any man straight
even the gayest queer

that stanza might be wrong
but i thought it was rather funny
i meant it in good humor
and was talking about a bunny... :confused:

SORRY.... my poems need work... ;)

:drink:

:topic: canada beat u.s. 2-1 in hockey, then slovakia 5-1 tonight.... :woohoo:

u.s. plays russia tomorrow night :scared:

GO RUSSIA....... (i can't stand the american players.... ;) )

Daniel
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:02 AM
:D :bounce: Good Luck Anastasia :bounce: :D

Daniel
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:42 AM
Why can't Anastasia Myskina the French Open champion and #4 seed play on Arthur Ashe sstadium court? It's just ridiculous! :mad: I think the USTA fools think 2 Russian's aren't worthy of playing on Arthur Ashe stadium court. But if Myskina was playing an American girl her match would be on Arthur Ashe stadium court.
Indeed, they just dont like her :sad: dont wanna see the French open Champion playing at night. anyways, she just needs to keep winning . Vamos Anastasia!! :worship:

Daniel
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:46 AM
Getty's pics are the best. Just that with watermarks and I can't put not watermarked on site cus no permission.
But here are quite many nice ones:
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/usopen04/index.htm
Thanks, very nice pictures :D :kiss:

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:32 AM
Dementieva played Artur Ashe yesterday, Nastya never gets place there. Last year the only match she played on Ashe was QF against Henin. But the court doesn't matter, her game is important. If she wins her matches she will play on Ashe anyways. I think she-Lindsay match ( I don't believe anything different can happen seeing Lindsay's and Venus' 1r) deserves to be night one.

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:42 AM
By the way Nastya/Vera play US team Cohen/Zalameda on Court 7 as the last match. Nastya will get two wins.

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
Grrr no AA for Nastya again.:fiery: I think she is the only player from top 8 seededs + Venus who hasn't got AA so far. Of course the court doesn't matter (unless there is a cursed court like the court 2 in Wimby:devil: ) but that's absolutely disrespectful. I hope the organizers will be coerced to write her name on AA many times for their and American crowd's frustration.
I hope the bad news from Moscow haven't affected Nastya too much and she will be focused tonight. And please no another epic Russian battle, just lecture the young compatriot, Nastya!

These pics from the childhood are very funny.:lol: Nasty and Lena are definitely the cutest children there. Too bad that their partnership on the court isn't too successful but good luck with Verchik Nastya!:kiss:

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Hmmm...I donīt care if Nastya doesnīt get to play on AA, the Americans are just a little bid unfair to foreign players, thatīs just the way it is. If I were a player, seeded fourth and being a current GS winner I would think "F*** you, you coordinators, I am a freaking big star, so let me play on AA!" or think "What the hell, I donīt care, cause playing night-sessions on a court which is even louder than the others suck anyway and playing the first match there is like playing in an empty stadium", Iīd go for the second thought and Nastya, I think would do the same.

She only needs 40 minutes anyway to win, so...

PS: At least sheīs the "cover girl" on the offical Site...a little :worship: to the page makers

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:40 PM
I'm sure Nastya doesn't care but I care because the chance to see her is smaller and because this is damn disrespectful to her. And it isn't only because she isn't an American, Justine isn't either but she is always on CC everywhere, Momo is almost always too and although she hasn't GS Eurosport never misses
her regardless of that she is the last player I want to watch, not to mention about Masha. Doesn't Nastya deserve respect at least equal with Momo and Masha?

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
Masha's case is more frustrating because Nastya is much better than her, she's just American's fav tennis babe and we see tons of pics of her and she plays at best time but i don't care about this stuff. I want Nastya to be respected but what can we do. I just want her to play good tennis and she is so everything is fine for me.
Maybe they will show her today again because I guess they would show now Gaudio-Johansson then will go to Henin and when Henin finishes they can go to Armstrong again. They show also Courts 10 and 11 but nobody more interesting than Nastya plays there so maybe there's a chance to see her again today.

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:03 PM
No big hope, after Justine on AA is Agassi and it seems Justine will finish faster than Gaudio

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
the worst scenario i hoped gaudio will finish before her, nah this fast women matches :mad:

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:36 PM
OOps Johansson will serve for the match and maybe they will finish first

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:41 PM
And he won, so maybe we will see some Nastya,s games. But Justine is near too

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:04 PM
Nastya already began but Justine suddenly in third set, so Nastya won't be soon on TV
but please win quickly girl, no matter will i see or won't

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
grrr a very long game and Nastya didn't manage to break 1-1
hold girl

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:11 PM
this match is pretty good
Anna C is playing well, already creamed 2 BH winners DTL and ACE as well
Nastya good service game 2-1 ;)

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
it seems it won't be an easy match Chakvetadse held to 0 2-2

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:22 PM
it was never gonna be easy
me seen Anna play
but Nastya should win in 2
2nd set should be easier

4-3 now, still comfortable on serve

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
4-3 Nastya time for a break

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Anna moving Nastya side to side, this way and that........ like Agassi does to his opponents

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
This match is like a menīs match....going with serve...freaky...is Nastyaīs opponent really serving that well??? Have to wait till Justineīs match is won (I guess this could take a while...), then probably Eurosport will show Nastyaīs match...

5-4....one break please!!!

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
how old is Anna Eggy?
is she so good?
5-4
break and finish the set Nastya!

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:28 PM
Win on 1st serve: 93%...thatīs not bad

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:30 PM
Anna is just 17 (born March 87)
she'll be top 100 next yr
she moves well, BH is good esp DTL, serves pretty well
FH is also not too bad

she's done 2 cute screams after missing easy shots ;)

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:30 PM
5th March 1987...sweet 17;)

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:31 PM
5 all....ehhhhhh

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
30-40....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!^!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
Nastya saves BP with a good serve

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:35 PM
then DF's
deuce FH winner
BH netted :o 3rd BP

BH clips net and goes wide
Anna breaks *6-5

Spunky83
5-6....just Shoot Me

Nastyafan
grr 5-5 and Nastya in trouble BP down
fight Nastya
can't believe she got broken

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:39 PM
BP...ahhhh!!!!

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:39 PM
6 ALL....yay

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
oh she broke back
earlier i was confident when Nstya had to play Russians but now I'm horiified
why every Russian plays out of her mind against Nastya?

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:42 PM
FUCK ME...1-4...Tie break...urghhh...

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
TB
Nastya
1-0* Anna smashes wide
1-1* Nastya FH wide on run
*1-2 good serve Anna
*1-3 Nastya awful BH into bottom of net :(
1-4* Nastya BH long ....... :( terrible
2-4* Anna FH long, edgy
*2-5 Nastya BH wide, got pulled wide
*2-6 BH netted going DTL, bad error again :(
3-6* good serve Nastya

Anna 7-6(3) Nastya FH long :o

Spunky83
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spunky83
My God, sheīs ranked 175th!!!!!

Nastyafan
3SP down:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
and she lost the set
NASTYAAAA WAKE UP
you can't lose this, it will be the end...:armed:

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:50 PM
I should have expected this, after 6-0 6-1 it always follow a big trouble
now she is down in the second too

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
Nastya can do nothing against Anna's serve, is it so huge?

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
Uhhh...eurosport is on now...grrrr...

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:54 PM
Nastya's making FAR too many UE's
esp on return

Anna's serve isnt that big, but its well placed.

goldenlox
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
All Russian matchups, right? Always hard fought.

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
oh how will I watch this torture on Eurosport now?

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Nastya's looking at her mirror image but with a better serve
now its all down to Nastya to cut down UE's and she has to hope Anna gets nervous

no signs so far though

deckham
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:04 PM
she's down 4-2 guys!!!!!!!!!! what the hell is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia_08
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:05 PM
the game is getting bad for Nastya.... looking bad for her..... very bad.. oh well she'S doing her best

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:05 PM
Nastya's not playing well at all, spraying ball all over
Anna is playing really well

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:06 PM
That girl is playing great! Nastyaīs serve just sucks big time!!!

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:06 PM
Break back...I am not optimistic though...3-4...omg...just get your serve in!

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:09 PM
0-40???? Oh Come On...

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
U guys canīt tell me that this here is better than Nastyaīs sf at the Olympics...

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:13 PM
What do you think? Iīd bet that Nastya says sheīs injured to pull out of the doubles...

Julia_08
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:14 PM
its over.... she lost :(

TheBoiledEgg
Nastya shot herself in the foot
really terrible :(

she's out

deckham
oh my god... :sad:

i'm speechless........

Julia_08
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:16 PM
and she was so PISSED at the end of the game
oh well bravo.. suck but.... thats life

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
I'm speechless. My worst expectations after Olympic loss come true. I'm afraid we already had our best moments as Nastya's fans:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :mad: :mad:

vaiva
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
The impact of her massive Olympic choke. And, I'm afraid, it's only the beginning. :sad:

Nastya :hug:

deckham
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:18 PM
what goes on in nastya's head....i don't understand.... they say she showed no emotion during the match whatsoever......

where is nastya????........... i'm so upset...... :sad:

Julia_08
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:24 PM
ok now people i know there will be a couple of peeps that will bitch her and bitch the games. look we are not nastya, we are not the one playing, we are not in her head and we cannot do a damn thing to help her. WHO CARES IF WE ALREADY HAD THE BEST MOMENTS OF MYSKINA? are you a real fan? i dont care if she lose all of her future games, i dont care...if you are a fan you are supposed to like everything about her no matter if she lost a damn freaking game. she can be #10000000000000 and i would still be one of her fan.wake up peeps, its like..im sure some of ya are some fan since she became so good and bla bla bla.... the real fan are the one that stand by her side, dont bitch her or whatever when she lose a damn game and the one that will follow her no matter which # in the world she is and bla bla bla.

* this post is not for one person but all the people that will make bad comments about her or whatever

Nastya's sister
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:25 PM
This was horrible! I'm so sad. I was really looking forward to U.S Open and many good performances from Nastya. Guess she's going to loose places in the ranking now . . .

But most of all, I feel sorry for her - even if she didn't played well at all.

bubble
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:31 PM
Nastya's looking at her mirror image but with a better serve
now its all down to Nastya to cut down UE's and she has to hope Anna gets nervous

no signs so far though

Yup, Anna's game is like an improved version of Nastya.
She moves well and fast,

But Myskina:sad: , her confidence is down at the moment.. Sense no fire in her... :sad:

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:33 PM
I said even in her first round she looked apathetic, uninterested.
And I knew and said even after Olympic, that was a careerchanging loss and Nastya will hardly find new motivation soon. I'm sure she accepted this loss much easier. Maybe she doesn't want to be there. I'm sure she prefers to be at home. I won't be surprised is she announces her retirement soon. I hate Justine now.
I don't know what will be my motivation to watch tennis and to post here too. This's the end of my last hope.

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM
ok now people i know there will be a couple of peeps that will bitch her and bitch the games. look we are not nastya, we are not the one playing, we are not in her head and we cannot do a damn thing to help her. WHO CARES IF WE ALREADY HAD THE BEST MOMENTS OF MYSKINA? are you a real fan? i dont care if she lose all of her future games, i dont care...if you are a fan you are supposed to like everything about her no matter if she lost a damn freaking game. she can be #10000000000000 and i would still be one of her fan.wake up peeps, its like..im sure some of ya are some fan since she became so good and bla bla bla.... the real fan are the one that stand by her side, dont bitch her or whatever when she lose a damn game and the one that will follow her no matter which # in the world she is and bla bla bla.

* this post is not for one person but all the people that will make bad comments about her or whatever

I do make bad comments about her GAME. You canīt deny that this was terrible today, I donīt take in consideration that she very probably is tired and needs a rest and stuff...but still, this match was soo bad. She deserved to lose it. Still love her (of course), but this game of hers today??? No No No

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Yup, Anna's game is like an improved version of Nastya.
She moves well and fast,

Yep, thatīs what I thought too. Itīs ANNA-TIME now!!! :lol:

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:37 PM
Ola, where are you? I need a good spirit!!!

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:38 PM
I didn't say that I will stop loving Nastya Julia. I won't change my name but should change my signature. She is and probably always will be #1 in my heart, but unfortunately her career is very doubtful now

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:48 PM
I am here Spunky.
Poor Nastya she was just so shocked and nervous.
I thought she's got the match again when broke back to 2-3 but then she lost serve again. She was loosing these serves too often, I didn't saw her won service game while she was on tv and that's bad. In last games she was just too nervous to play her normal tennis, I think she felt the lost in her skin and started to realize what's going on. I thought though she will turn it around like she was doing many times before. I don't know what happened in her head but I am sorry for her.

Still I not even think that our best times with Nastya are past stop yourself Kamen. She's gonna have many more good moment. Moscow coming her home tournament, she's gonna do great there.

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:50 PM
Nastyafan I think you are too pesymistic. Everybody have ups and downs in their career really. Venus lost 3 round at AO this year and still nobody was saying it's over. Nastya is 23 it's one bad tournament, you can have bad day, especially when you're woman believe me.

btw I said everything about the match here (http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=415).
I had to be objective cus it's inside, still can't believa that she really lost though :sad:

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:59 PM
I would like to have your optimism Ola but I can't find reasons for that. Nastya reached one of her dream, lost other 2 and has only one in the near future. When she reaches or loses it I doubt she will have more motivation to play tennis. She was speaking about the retirement long ago and she always states that she will play tennis as long as she has tasks ahead. Will she have any tasks after FC in tennis?

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:07 PM
Nastya is a different person Ola, you should know her better than me, but I was almost sure that the loss against Justine will break something in her soul and it seems unfortunatelly I was right. Let's hope I'm wrong now

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:08 PM
I don't know I hope she plays more time. In post match interview after 2r she was very optimistic and happy. She said that when you're ranked 50 in the world you do your best and can't win tha's frustrating but she said she is happy about her tennis and enjoys it and her life. I hope it stays like this and we will see her some more time. She can't retire so onn what would I do :sad:

cool_olga
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah it broke something unfortunately, she lost confidence she gained at FO.
She needs again longer break now. she shouldn't play in Bali and I will likely say she will withdraw from there, what she does we'll see but she shouldn't play there.

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:19 PM
Nastyafan I think you are too pesymistic. Everybody have ups and downs in their career really. Venus lost 3 round at AO this year and still nobody was saying it's over. Nastya is 23 it's one bad tournament, you can have bad day, especially when you're woman believe me.

Thank God, youīre here...and about that woman-thing...oh yes, thatīs true. For a few days in a month Iīd love to be a man, trust me...

well, off-topic, however: I had the feeling she was never really "in" the US Open mentally and Nastya is just a person who can be very much influenced by her mind and feelings unlike some other players. I donīt know if that means sheīs not a top player or whatever, but it shows that sheīs just a normal person. If she was super super focused on the US Open, she would have go straight to the US to practice there, but she decided to go home first (she wasnīt there for over a month) and rest her mind (which obviously didnīt help). I just wanted to say that up and downs are in every life and especially in female lifes ;), so...still she has the best year of her career. Even Federer lost in the 2nd round at the FO, at two TMS this year and at the Olympics...heīs still alive and kicking. It will be okay very soon.

Stay cool people!!! :kiss:

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:36 PM
I accepted this loss almost calm, mutch easier than Olympic one. It seems I expected something similar here although I hoped that it's only my pessimism. But even in her convincing ist round win something in her attitude was not to my fancy, but I hoped that after 3-4 wins she will restore her fire and desire. Unfortunately she didn't face 3-4 opponents who were ready to tank her the matches.
Yes, she said she is happy about her tennis and enjoys it and her life Ola, but it was before Olympics when she had her goals and dreams alive. I'm sure she will find ways to be happy with her life but maybe not playing tennis. As Spunky said "she can be very much influenced by her mind and feelings unlike some other players" and I'm almost sure she revolves in her mind now if it's worth playing tennis more.

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:43 PM
Yes, she said she is happy about her tennis and enjoys it and her life Ola, but it was before Olympics when she had her goals and dreams alive. I'm sure she will find ways to be happy with her life but maybe not playing tennis.

She said it in her press-conference after the 1st round match here at the US Open. You can watch the video on the USOpen.org site. Why shouldnīt she be happy with her life?

deckham
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:44 PM
we'll all be fine... i, along with everyone else i'm sure, just feel really bad for her. She is a thinker and emotions can get the better of you sometime... we know that henin loss in the olympics crushed her, but we hoped she would rebound... that might have been too soon for us to expect though. I just feel very bad for her, but like ola said, if she sounded happy and optimistic in the press conference afterwards then it's already a good sign.. :) she should take as much time off as she wants... #1 is almost entirely out of the picture, so she shouldn't feel rushed to hurry back just for that..... go back to moscow and do nothing... that would be my advice... do absolutely nothing... :) maybe go out and :drink: and watch some hockey and play some soccer.... she needs to put her mind at ease. and i am still 283% behind her ofcourse :bounce: . just for those couple hours after a match i'm just so upset and pissed for her loss... it really just outright sucks. but anyways, our nastya has a grand slam and she needs some rest... let's wish her well and i hope she enjoys the next couple weeks off and stays happy, which sounds like she definitely is as of late.

nastya had a rough time here
and we feel her pain i'm sure
but she is happy and still having fun
that we can all endure.

we want to see her thrive
because we know she can always win.
but to expect her to always succeed
would merely be a sin

everyone has ups and downs
nastya's no exception to that rule.
those who think only good things come
would simply be a fool.

so nastya enjoy your time off
kick off your shoes and have some fun
you may not be ranked right at the top
but to me you're still the only one... :yeah:

go nastya! ;)

p.s. :topic: maybe russia will beat the u.s. in hockey tonight and dedicate the win to her... :lol: hehehe.... just a thought... ;) :drink:

Spunky83
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:56 PM
Haha...Decky, this is the first poem which actually worked and made sense!!! Congrats!

You worked for CNN, joking or true? What did you do there? Iīm currently working for The Media Broadcasting Authority of the state I am living in, fun job, weīre right now discussing if MTV is worth itīs cable rights...lol..Iīd love to go to CNN..dream, dream..

the cat
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:07 PM
I hope I'm wrong but it looks like that terrible loss to Justine Henin in the Olympic semifinal match has had a lingering affect on Ana. But congrats to Anna Chakvetadze on a huge upset win.

saab95
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:09 PM
Anna played really well all the match (exept 2 points at 6-5 30-30)
Nastya was ready to cry at 67 13
She felt she'll lost today & nothing to change

Cohen/Zalameda (USA/USA) d. (8) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) w/o (Myskina exhaustion

deckham
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:20 PM
Haha...Decky, this is the first poem which actually worked and made sense!!! Congrats!

You worked for CNN, joking or true? What did you do there? Iīm currently working for The Media Broadcasting Authority of the state I am living in, fun job, weīre right now discussing if MTV is worth itīs cable rights...lol..Iīd love to go to CNN..dream, dream..glad you liked the poem spunky.. :worship:
yeah... i worked at cnn for awhile... about 10 months. lol at mtv worth cable rights... :lol:
if you ever come to atlanta i'd take you on a wee tour... but i didn't go too far... i was always in the newsroom... i'm one of the people you always see walking behind the anchors....

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
She said it in her press-conference after the 1st round match here at the US Open. You can watch the video on the USOpen.org site. Why shouldnīt she be happy with her life?
I heard her interview but the sound was too bad for my poor English and I didn't hear that, but maybe she has said it by habit. Of course she should and deserves to be happy with her life but I doubt tennis will make her happy in the future because she needs a motivation to play well and to be happy, I doubt winning some more titles and earning money are good motives for her. I'm sure she isn't a player like B. Schett who was top teener and managed to play several years between 20 and 100. Nastya likes Hingis and I'm almost sure she will proceed like her - when she realizes that she has no enough reasons and can't play her best tennis she will retire.
Deckham, it isn't from her interview after today's loss, but if she feels happy now that's another bad sign - that means she doesn't care. Definitely she should take some time off and don't think about tennis at all. She shoud forget this very disappointing end of the summer that began so fantastic and promised to be the happiest summer for her and for me as her fan

deckham
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:44 PM
nastyafan... we are all saddened by nastya's loss, trust me. but we have no choice but to wish her well and for her to get some rest. she's our cerebral assassin!! she needs to rest that cute little mind of hers... :)

Julia_08
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:49 PM
I do make bad comments about her GAME. You canīt deny that this was terrible today, I donīt take in consideration that she very probably is tired and needs a rest and stuff...but still, this match was soo bad. She deserved to lose it. Still love her (of course), but this game of hers today??? No No No
i know.. i watched the game.. i was mad and tired to see her play like she did but you know my post was not to you or anybody here.. but some people come here and post stupid posts ...

she was so pissed after the game...... poor lil thing....

we should all stop hopping too much...most of every games, we said that she was going to win.. ahh that kills me... russian players are so strong and if Nastya dont rest and come back stronger...the lil russians will take her place

One of my dream is to see Nastya win against Justine the *beep*.. i hate Justine .. i wont hide my aanger against her... and since Nastya is out I SO HOPE that a russian player(*a lil young one...like Anna Chakvetadze) win against Justine (if she go to the final)
i hate that lil thing..i would rather wear the boots of Serana than see the lil thing(justine) win... :fiery:

Nastyafan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
Of course decky we wish her all the best and hope she will recover and will find reasons to make us happy with her beautiful play and appearance on court.
But I can't get that out of my mind that 2 weeks ago she was 3 points away from her and our 2 biggest dreams and many more heights in her career and now I highly doubt how long she will play after FC

deminator
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
that was a shame ,but I'm afraid it happens there is always an early loser in slams and today it was Myskina ,as a huge Lena D fan I know what early exits are like and have to get used to them anoying as they are but ALL top players can and do lose early on some days there game stinks somedays they are on fire, Myskina was the first Russian to win a GS and that will never change ,she will be back and she is ranked 4 because she wins matches just like Lena is ranked 6 because she does too! an early loss does not change that!!
Bad Luck Myskina I would have loved to see a Lena D and Nastya final again, a proper one this time!!!
Well I've got Lena playing Dechy tomorrow!! blood pressure rising already!!!!

~SunFlower~
Sep 3rd, 2004, 02:59 AM
:eek: what a shocking upset, Анастасия! I am speechless! :eek:

JLDementieva
Sep 3rd, 2004, 03:16 AM
I am having just the hardest time believing that she has lost!!! Guess when I have high expectations, I'll just get more disappointed!!! :sad: :sad: Oh Nastya..... :crying2:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 04:48 AM
Better luck at your next tournament, Анастасия!

MaSharapovaFan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 05:13 AM
Good luck to you in Filderstadt, Анастасия!!

martirogi
Sep 3rd, 2004, 05:38 AM
I know she'll win the Kremlin Cup again and have a good showing at the YEC.

ys
Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:20 AM
I am not bitter. I perhaps should comment on what I said before I leave the boards till at least first weekend of US Open..

I honestly think that chances are it is the end of the road for Nastya as an elite player. Seriously.

After Marat Safin made it to AO finals and then lost there to Federer other his supporters were almost jubilant. While my prediction was gloomy, but turned out to be correct. Because I think I feel player's mentality very well. I felt back then that Marat was not just defeated in the final. He was shown his place. It was made clear to him how much Federer is better than him, and I was absolutely sure that it will discourage him incredibly. My prediction was that he will have a slump till the end of the year, with maybe some slight hope for recovery by US Open time. Vaiva is a witness of that prediction of mine.

Nastya has not just lost the biggest match of her career. She has not just lost her lifetme chance for Olympics. Not only any her realistic chances for #1 rankings were irreversibly dashed today. She was delivered a huge psychological blow. If she could not beat this emotionless piece of stone when Henin was after not playing almost half of year. Chances are that she will never be even close to beating her again. Nastya today was shown her place in elite of tennis.. Today's loss will badly affect her confidence and motivation. From now on I see her going in only one direction - downhill. My prediction is a loss tomorrow, early loss at US Open. Going through the motions in indoors season. I would leave some slight hope that she will recover during offseason, but chances are that she will be out of top 10 before the end of the next year. I hope she reads this and proves me wrong.

Guys, I am having a displeasure of quoting myself.. Just as my long-term gloomy prediction for Safin after his AO final loss has completely become true.... my similar prediction for Nastya seem to be "working" either.. I just know my Russians. I am one too.. I know how they feel.. I love our Nastya dearly.. But in my book she is written off as a contender - to put it optimistically - until the end of 2004 at least. Maybe she will manage to get her head straight during the offseason..

MaSharapovaFan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:53 AM
Guys, I am having a displeasure of quoting myself.. Just as my long-term gloomy prediction for Safin after his AO final loss has completely become true.... my similar prediction for Nastya seem to be "working" either.. I just know my Russians. I am one too.. I know how they feel.. I love our Nastya dearly.. But in my book she is written off as a contender - to put it optimistically - until the end of 2004 at least. Maybe she will manage to get her head straight during the offseason..
Ok, Nostradamus.

Please tell me how the tallest Russian of them all will do.

ys
Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:06 AM
Ok, Nostradamus.

Please tell me how the tallest Russian of them all will do.
Eventually, she'll do well.. But I am not doing short-term prediction.. Only long-term.. At the moment she is on the rigth track, isn't she?

MaSharapovaFan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:10 AM
Eventually, she'll do well.. But I am not doing short-term prediction.. Only long-term.. At the moment she is on the rigth track, isn't she?
I don't need anyone to tell me how she's doing... I can rattle off all of the Fucking Elena Albino Starre Bovina's results since 1998. I want short-term projections, long-term projections, and everything in between.

ys
Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:23 AM
I don't need anyone to tell me how she's doing... I can rattle off all of the Fucking Elena Albino Starre Bovina's results since 1998. I want short-term projections, long-term projections, and everything in between.
there is nothing happening with Elena Bovina rigth now. I can try to project the affect of big events on player's career.. Bovina's career is, relatively speaking, uneventful right now.. And that is, with all due respect for her NH win..:)

t_fan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:16 AM
IMO too early to write Nastya off. There was not much time passed since Athens. I think Nastya should take a more or less long break from tennis. One thing I tend agree on with ys - let's wait for 2005 and see. But I believe she may recover earlier.

Daniel
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:25 AM
I'm speechless. My worst expectations after Olympic loss come true. I'm afraid we already had our best moments as Nastya's fans:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :mad: :mad:
pffff She lost . this is a stupid lost. I wonder what is oging with her. I still love her but losses like this are :mad: :sad: . I think she shold take some months off maybe all the rest of the season until next year. She is gone this year. Al thwe hard work for nothing. It is good to win Roland Garros, she became an elite player, but the last 2 major have been a shame for her . Reading her interview makes me feel even more upset. She talks about being tired for playing too much in the past. then who told her to play Sopor before Athens? *sigh*

Anastasia, I wish u come back and be the talented player who won Roland Garros. It hurts so much u losing in early rounds of a major. Get well Nastya !!! :)

Daniel
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:26 AM
I totaly agree with you. It hurts to say it, but nastya is gone this year. I dont see her winning another tournament tihs year, and I am afraid she might even lose early in another tournament. She had her chances of winning here and maybe being #1 but everything is gone.

Daniel
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
Who are not taling about bovina in this thread. This is for Anastasia Myskina

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:28 AM
Of course it isn't good that Myskina lost like that.

But every player can lose: World #1, Australian Open champion and defending French Open champion Justine could also lose in the 2nd round of French Open.

Certainly it's very sad when one's fave player lost early, but as Myskina said in her interview: "It's life".

Daniel
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:31 AM
IMO too early to write Nastya off. There was not much time passed since Athens. I think Nastya should take a more or less long break from tennis. One thing I tend agree on with ys - let's wait for 2005 and see. But I believe she may recover earlier.
It has been a week since Athens. other top players are still in the USO. This is loss is just silly :sad: I am sure we will see positive changes on Nastya but she is not expected to lose in the 2R of a mjor and to a Qualifier. I am not saying Anna is a bad player, but Nastya was the winner of that match to everyone.

Daniel
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM
Of course it isn't good that Myskina lost like that.

But every player can lose: World #1, Australian Open champion and defending French Open champion Justine could also lose in the 2nd round of French Open.

Certainly it's very sad when one's fave player lost early, but as Myskina said in her interview: "It's life".
Of course life goes on for her. :) and that is the way it should be but lets face the fact that she is not giving the results she is expected to. I am glad she is healthy and has many pistive things around her but as a fan I am interested in the tennis results and after the French Open they have been below her standards.

Rest Nastya, and wish you put all this mental lapses away form you. Vamos Anastasia :) :hug: :smooch:

Daniel
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
I am having just the hardest time believing that she has lost!!! Guess when I have high expectations, I'll just get more disappointed!!! :sad: :sad: Oh Nastya..... :crying2:
u are not the only one :sad: :sad:

t_fan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:54 AM
It has been a week since Athens. other top players are still in the USO. This is loss is just silly :sad: I am sure we will see positive changes on Nastya but she is not expected to lose in the 2R of a mjor and to a Qualifier. I am not saying Anna is a bad player, but Nastya was the winner of that match to everyone.
Well, other players hadn't lost their SF leading 5-1 in final set and then hadn't blown their chances to get a medal. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than 1 week to overcome aftermath of such a blow.

Daniel
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:00 AM
yeah it could be. maybe u r right. I just feel so sad , upset, dissapointed, :sad:
I wish she comes back playing much better , with fire in her eyes and so much determination.

ys
Sep 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
I think.. you oversimplify it.. it looka like it is about fire in eyes - mental part in other words.. I think it is about generic motivation.. First of all - motivation to work hard and improve.. I would imagine that not only that mental part is affected.. I would think it is quite possible that her work ethics will be compromised for quite a while - and that is a biger problem.. They truth is . . her tennis form of a Slam contender is evaporating.. Her tennis ability is leaking..

Compare that loss to Hingis's loss to Graf at RG99.. Her next Grand Slam match was .. a disaster.. It took her more than a month of complete break from tennis to fix it..

goldenlox
Sep 3rd, 2004, 03:25 PM
Nastya lost in the third round at Wimbledon. It was too soon after the French Open.
Third round here, too soon after the Olympics.
Whatever.

Now she has a ton of points to defend. I'd like to see Nastya be consistent.
She gave away that third set in Athens.
She needs to get some rest, and refocus.

cool_olga
Sep 3rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Thank God, youīre here...and about that woman-thing...oh yes, thatīs true. For a few days in a month Iīd love to be a man, trust me...
True, true...Maybe she was these days who knows, you really can not think this day and not want anything but just to stay alone, that happens.

I would leave some slight hope that she will recover during offseason, but chances are that she will be out of top 10 before the end of the next year.
Oh no, she could loose early at USO but she will not fall outsite top 10, no. She is there for one and a half year and she won't fall off. Nastya still has Athens in her mind and she hasn't forgotten this loss yet but it's fresh thing. As the life goes on she will learn how to live and play with it. She withdrew from doubles (poor Vera by the way first when Nastya lost in Wimby she pulled off and now lost at USO pulled off, really I am sprry for Vera at this point, this can become bit frustrating to play grand slam doubles and can never finish normally but I am sure she is understable) and has whole week to rest, I think she will withdraw from Bali, it's not smart to play there. Nastya needs long break and come back to Filderstadt. Then she will be fresh and hungry of tennis and will be able to start playing at her normal level again.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Nastya should take a 3-4 week break and comeback in time for the indoor season
she needs to get things right in her mind.

cool_olga
Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
I like this pic http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/usopen04/Nastya_USO22.jpg

Nastyafan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 10:40 PM
I think.. you oversimplify it.. it looka like it is about fire in eyes - mental part in other words.. I think it is about generic motivation.. First of all - motivation to work hard and improve.. I would imagine that not only that mental part is affected.. I would think it is quite possible that her work ethics will be compromised for quite a while - and that is a biger problem.. They truth is . . her tennis form of a Slam contender is evaporating.. Her tennis ability is leaking..

Compare that loss to Hingis's loss to Graf at RG99.. Her next Grand Slam match was .. a disaster.. It took her more than a month of complete break from tennis to fix it..We think in the same way. After Justine's match I said that this loss reminds me Hingis's losses to Graf and Capriati (AO02). But Hingis was too good and the competition was too weak in 99 so Hingis was able to recover and to postpone her decline for some time. She had her second chance at AO02, she blew it with the 9th MP and her career was done. I wonder if Nastya will have that second chance - now the competition is much stronger and Nastya isn't a class above.
I agree her "generic motivation" is the biggest problem but isn't it the mental part? Motivation to work can be inspired only by motivation to achieve some big goal. I wonder what could motivate Nastya now. Her 4th goal was FC but I doubt a win in FC will compensate this rude awakening. But Nastya is overpatriotic I'm sure she feels guilty towards her country for the missed medal besides her own pain. Maybe a win in FC will heal at least this feeling. It would be a cold comfort to me, but maybe for Nastya FC is as much important as the gold or #1. Maybe the defending KC in the presence of her relatives, friends and grandpa Boris could motivate her too. But she needs big wins this autumn badly otherwise... Let's hope, that's all we have left...

A very honest and touching interview from Nastya. She is really a fragile sensitife human and I love her for that but sometimes I want to see her enraged like Serena or insensible and merciless like Justine. She tries to be positive, maybe to convince herself that she will get over that. She still has a hope for #1. Dear Nastya I think there isn't even a teoreical chance this year unless the other 3 don't die in an airplane crash. She relies on her team for a help. Please Jens make her believe in herself again

nouf
Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:29 PM
nouf caps! enjoy!

http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2036.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2037.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2038.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2039.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2040.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2041.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2042.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2043.jpg
http://mashafan.free.fr/files/myskina/Bitmap%2044.jpg

Nastyafan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:34 PM
I just read Elena's cheering thread and found that report from Steph about Nastya:
I saw many people watching at someone practicing...
So...I went there to check it out!...
Guess who?!?! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/plotting.gif
It's Anastasia Myskina...http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/hearts.gif
I say it here that Ana is damn famous now (tho mush less than Masha http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif )
Ana hit the ball very well in practice...
She hit with Jens and her backhand was damn cool...http://wtaworld.com/ubb/eek.gif
Her forehand was good too but Ana made some mistakes on it...
At one point...while Ana tried to volley...she sneezed...http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif
And one of the crowd said..."bless you"
Oh...the staduim where I saw Ana is court4 which isn't every near to the practice court but it's high enough to see all players in pratice courts...
And Ana could hear the voice of that lady...she looked at us and smiled...http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/hearts.gif
Ana was damn nice....me like her a lot now...http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/hearts.gif
Oh...Ana in real is damn good looking...having a great body and nice face...That confuses me even more - she has been in a good mood, she has been hitting very well but in the match we saw another Nastya
Nastya, what's going in your mind ,dear girl?:confused: :sad: :fiery:

Nastyafan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks nouf,
but could we "enjoy" just now?

nouf
Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:38 PM
yes sorry! :-/

Verba
Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:38 PM
I just read Elena's cheering thread and found that report from Steph about Nastya:
That confuses me even more - she has been in a good mood, she has been hitting very well but in the match we saw another Nastya
Nastya, what's going in your mind ,dear girl?:confused: :sad: :fiery:

Nastyafan, forgive Nastya for this loss. She's not a machine, she's a human. She just had a day off. :sad:

the cat
Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:44 PM
I know I'm simplifying things. But Anastasia Myskina has the most beautiful legs in the world! :D :hearts: But those beautiful legs of hers are tired and her tennis is suffereing because of that. I hope Anastasia isn't starting to play a crazily crowded schedule in the fashion of Yevgeny Kafelnikov. :eek: She's a player who needs her rest and who needs to be fresh and healthy in order to win on the WTA Tour. I hope she understands that now. Ana should be playing for #1 right now. But she didn't play her cards right and has played too many tournaments this year.

Nastyafan
Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:52 PM
Nastyafan, forgive Nastya for this loss. She's not a machine, she's a human. She just had a day off. :sad:
I have never accused Nastya Verba, even less for this loss, I expected it after Olympics.
But I'm sad and mad for her and my broken hopes, and very worried about her future.
And this isn't a bad day, this is a bad period in the best case.

Nastyafan
Sep 4th, 2004, 12:28 AM
I doubt the most beautiful legs are so tired, cat. I think the tiredness is in her mind. The legs can't be fresh to beat someone to 0, 1 and tired the next day - it happened several times last weeks. The mentality is much more unstable especially with personalities like Nastya. Of course her schedule was crazy, but I doubt she had physical strength to fight 2.5 hours with Justine but had not for 3 more shots. And that's much worse, the legs can rest, but every loss only aggravates the mental tiredness and only big wins can help your mind to rest

Daniel
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Nastya lost in the third round at Wimbledon. It was too soon after the French Open.
Third round here, too soon after the Olympics.
Whatever.

Now she has a ton of points to defend. I'd like to see Nastya be consistent.
She gave away that third set in Athens.
She needs to get some rest, and refocus.
Yep, I wish she comes back with a clear mind. Focus 100% in tennis and having the desire to win and have good results. The last 2 majors have been mediocre for her.

Daniel
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Nastya should take a 3-4 week break and comeback in time for the indoor season
she needs to get things right in her mind.
If she could only listen to you and all her fans. :sad:

Daniel
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:28 AM
I doubt the most beautiful legs are so tired, cat. I think the tiredness is in her mind. The legs can't be fresh to beat someone to 0, 1 and tired the next day - it happened several times last weeks. The mentality is much more unstable especially with personalities like Nastya. Of course her schedule was crazy, but I doubt she had physical strength to fight 2.5 hours with Justine but had not for 3 more shots. And that's much worse, the legs can rest, but every loss only aggravates the mental tiredness and only big wins can help your mind to rest
Mental strenght is what she needs I think. I beleive she has the game to be #1. Certailnly she needs to work harder to win points coz she is not a big babe but she can do it. Her mind is weak, and betrays her most of the time. I have no doubt she would like better results but something is wrong at the moment and she needs to fix it. I have no idea what her shcedule will be for the indfoor season. Hope she does not overplay.
Go Nastya :kiss:

cool_olga
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Nouf those caps should go to on court pics thread.

I agree with you Nastyafan that she is tired mentally. nastya is very sensitive girl, probably the most of all players out there. Just enough to remind that she said she cries after almost every lost match and she was crying before FO final.

Now she really needs to withdraw from Bali, she can't play there because it can bring another loss and make her mental part even worse. She needs to go home to friends and family and rest a bit, then take good trainings in her home club with Jens. His job is to get her mind together and I believe he will do this, I saw how they talk each other and how they act, Jens really want the best for Nastya.

Moscow will be key tournament, if nastya could for example get to Filderstadt final and then win Moscow it would be perfect. I am sure the Kremlin title would build her mental again and she would be eager for YEC. I will be praying she wins Moscow, that's just so important. And of course would be perfect if she beat other Russian in the final...

Eunice
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Anastasia lost a fan with her actions this week. It's reprehensible to not care about the US Open. That shows Anastasia is extremely spoiled.

Josh810
Sep 5th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Anastasia lost a fan with her actions this week. It's reprehensible to not care about the US Open. That shows Anastasia is extremely spoiled.
Good Riddance.

Daniel
Sep 5th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Hope she does not play Bali, it is not worthy.
Go nastya :D

cool_olga
Sep 5th, 2004, 01:33 PM
You shouldn't call yourself a fan then.
Fans support and love their player no matter what. I am with Nastya no matter if she wins or looses, everybody has worse times and right not it's really tough for her mentally.

Daniel
Sep 5th, 2004, 01:54 PM
You shouldn't call yourself a fan then.
Fans support and love their player no matter what. I am with Nastya no matter if she wins or looses, everybody has worse times and right not it's really tough for her mentally.
:worship: :D

Maybe he is dissapointed, but I am sure he will still suport Nastya in the future. I love Nastya no matter what, just wish she gets through this hard time soon :D

cool_olga
Sep 5th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Moscow will be best ocasion and then Fed Cup to get motivation. She needs to withdraw from Bali.

Spunky83
Sep 5th, 2004, 09:50 PM

:lol: ...cool, just 17 posts and already banned...not bad. You are my favourite fan (former fan, whatever...)

I donīt think she cares about losing you and we donīt either.

Greets from the real fan-combo :wavey:

cool_olga
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Maybe Wismilak gave Nastya some money too for coming.

Daniel
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:25 AM
yep, but we will know if she is pkaying there by the end of the week :D

Mr. Myskina
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:43 AM
i heard somewhere anastasia was retiring is this true it better not be

Josh810
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:48 AM
^I doubt that.