PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

deckham
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Myskina Walks Out of Idea Prokom Open

http://www.mercurynews.com/images/common/spacer.gif
Associated Press
http://www.mercurynews.com/images/common/spacer.gif

SOPOT, Poland - French Open champion Anastasia Myskina left the Idea Prokom Open without explanation before her semifinal Friday, forfeiting her match against Klara Koukalova of the Czech Republic.

Myskina will explain her decision at a news conference Saturday, the Polish news agency PAP said. The match featuring the top-seeded Russian eventually was washed out along with the entire day's program.

Tournament officials could not be reached for comment, but Myskina was not listed on the official schedule for the women's semifinals Saturday.
there's the AP trying to make myskina look bad..... :fiery:

i hate the media... (yeah i know i'm part of it)

let's put 2 and 2 together.... she LEFT sopot..... where did she go??? oh my gosh! to athens???? what's there???? oh my.. .the olympics???? oh ok... so myskina left sopot for the olympics...... there we go !!!! we solved the mystery!!!!

jackasses!!! :fiery: :mad:

David Barker
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:26 PM
OK but why enter at all then? Stuff the Polish fans who have paid their hard earned money to see her seems to be the attitude. AND I'm a fan of Myskina - hope she hasn't picked up a niggling injury though.

goldenlox
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I hope she's not injured. But it was not a good decision to play here with the Olympics next week.
There was always the chance of a rain delay, or an injury. The article says Nastya will hold a press conference tomorrow.

deckham
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:55 PM
OK but why enter at all then? Stuff the Polish fans who have paid their hard earned money to see her seems to be the attitude. AND I'm a fan of Myskina - hope she hasn't picked up a niggling injury though.
she hasn't stuffed them...... i'm sure they expected this.. she can't control the weather so she's gotta do what she's gotta do.... hmm... just like the slogan they're using.

no time to play 2 games on saturday... that's asking way too much...

the cat
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Well said GL. It was a mistake for Anastasia to play in Sopot. I feel sorry for the Polish tennis fans and Cool_Olga who were thrilled to have the 2004 French Open champion there only to have her quit the tounramnet before it's conclusion.

Will the tournament pay Nastya was she has earned for making the semifinals or will they choose not to pay her because she quit the tournament?

deckham
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:18 PM
either way... i'm sure nastya doesn't care too much about that.... but they need to understand the circumstances.. so she should be paid...

the cat
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Marat Safin played Sopot too. But he tanked...I mean lost in straight sets early enough in the tournament where he could get to Athens without rushing. It's a shame it came to this for Nastya. But she has upset the Polish tennis fans and jeopardized her chances to medal in Athens by playing this week when she should have been resting.

deckham
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:33 PM
let's just hope she's not injured.....

because if she is she needs to be careful how she goes about telling the press and everyone. it's pretty obvious if she is injured she still wants to play the olympic games, so that will tick a lot of people off..... but she has priorities and the olympics is one of them....

so those people who are bitter towards her about her decision need to look at it from her point of view.... weather (and possibly injury) were against her in Sopot.... but she has a chance to rest and play the Olympics, once every 4 years to represent her country. there's not much of a decisioin there if you ask me.

deckham
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:42 PM
alright.... the latest news i've heard is nastya has withdrawn with a light shoulder injury which has been confirmed by the wta physio's and supervisors..... :awww:

so it makes sense nastya withdrawing like this.... her shoulder can't handle the strain of 2 matches in one day.. there's no way. that would be asking for a serious injury and missing out on her olympics and u.s. open chances.
she wants to play olympics, she hasn't hid that fact... so she's doing this in the best interest of her shoulder and the olympics.
ice and rest it nastya..... we need you 100% in athens........... :yeah:

the cat
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:10 PM
She hurt her shoulder which could cause her to miss the Olympics. :( Playing Sopot was a bad idea from the start. Shoulder injuries can be very serious so I hope Anastasia takes care of the injury. How can she possibly handle playing singles and doubles in Athens with a shoulder injury?

deckham
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:38 PM
She hurt her shoulder which could cause her to miss the Olympics. :( Playing Sopot was a bad idea from the start. Shoulder injuries can be very serious so I hope Anastasia takes care of the injury. How can she possibly handle playing singles and doubles in Athens with a shoulder injury?
well it doesn't sound like anything too serious.... ;)

just nagging enough to know she can't play 2 matches in one day of singles.

let's just hope she gets a monday draw.... that way she was able to rest and ice it for 3 full days.... only time will tell.... :awww:

Julia_08
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:46 PM
doh!!! she should maybe let down the doubles.. and concentrate playing singles....
:sad:

the cat
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:47 PM
It's baffling to me that Anastasia has played Sopot and put herself in a predicament like this which could hurt her chances in Athens. I only hope she's okay and has an easy opeing match in Athens.

deckham
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:48 PM
i see it being an agonizing decision to pull out of doubles... she has really got to be hurt if she does that. lena d's one of her best friends and it is the olympics... if she pulls out of doubles i think she's basically saying that she really is too injured, meaning her singles run probably won't be much.. :bigcry:

so i don't see her pulling out of doubles....

deckham
Aug 14th, 2004, 12:20 AM
olga? are you going to be ok? you're probably going to be pretty upset about this... :awww:

i wonder where she's going to hold the conference ... in sopot before leaving for athens????

sorry olga!!! if i was around you i'd buy you some ice cream... :lick:

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 05:46 AM
OMG I hope it's only an excuse for her withdrawing. Still yesterday she was intending to play.But it may be true and that explain why she lost so many of her serves.:unsure:
I knew this tourney is a very risky decision and now my worst fears can become true.:scared: :fiery:
Why Nastya, you were a smart girl. Please be healthy:bowdown:

Daniel
Aug 14th, 2004, 07:10 AM
I hope she is fine and arrives in Athens soon . Go Nastya :D

Daniel
Aug 14th, 2004, 07:19 AM
I am afraid we have a problem here. By WTA rules she can not withdraw from a tournament and then play in the tournament that starts next day. She has to have a verifyable injury for that, which, by this schedule is not soemthing she can do. She can't withdraw just because Olympics are more important. More than that, if by any chance the tournament is not finished tomorrow, by WTA rules she will have to withdraw from the next tournament to have her current tournament completed. Low ranked played doing well at pre-Slam tournaments do it all the time.

Really bad news :sad:

Daniel
Aug 14th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I dont un derstand why things like this happen to her. It is sad for her, for her fans , Cool olga must be very disapointed. I would like to know why she entered Sopot, and left tihs way. If she is injured then she should not play in Athens, if she left coz Athens is more important then it is a shame she is not really comitted to her schedule. At the end, she gained nothing .

Daniel
Aug 14th, 2004, 07:30 AM
/I agree. If it is a minor injury she might pull out of doubles and se how far she can get in singles, either way I still dont se the points of going to Sopot one week before the Olympics.

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 08:30 AM
I don't know now if there's going to be this conference or not...Yesterday they said it will be but it was before the reason of withdrawing was known, she was supposed to explain it. Now when all know it's shoulder light injury I don't know if conference is still actual, I would hope so, I really want to see her last time. At this autograph session she told me we can talk after her match, after press conference and because of this stupid rain I even didn't have a chance to say bye to her.
But she was going to play her match and she had no training yesterday so couldn't make injury worse. So if she was able to play yesterday she will be fine in Athens. There's no reason to worry I think.
Just if this last conference was held, but I guess no since the reason is known :sad:

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks Ola. I thought the same. I hope you still will have a chance to say bye and to ask her if there is really some injury (informally off course - to relieve her fans)

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 08:55 AM
No I won't. She was supposed to be here at 11 but will be no conference...She had already went to athens, bye bye Nastya...:sad:

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Ups, Nastya i hope it's not true

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Wrong info was given. Jens left yesterday not Nastya, she will have conference in 10 minutes, yay

Epigone
Aug 14th, 2004, 10:33 AM
I think that Ola will have a transcript of the press conference ready later today

goldenlox
Aug 14th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Nastya was supposed to play the final today. So she was planning to leave this afternoon anyway.
At least we find out what really happened today.

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 12:23 PM
No I wasn't recording this this time, all was in sudden. But Nastya said about her back and shoulder, that she has been having problems with this for some time. She also said it was hard decision she was thinking about this all day. But she said she will do her best in Athens and she's not really afraid of her first match against Serna.
I am very happy because I was able to say bye to her and that's important :)

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Oh now her back too. I hope this is only an official excuse, otherwise I doubt she will endure the next 2 long events.:unsure:

I'm glad you were able to say good bye and thanks for the great reports, interview and keeping us informed the whole week once again Ola:bowdown:

bubble
Aug 14th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Russia's Myskina Heads for Athens Despite Injury

SOPOT, Poland (Reuters) - French Open tennis champion Anastasia Myskina said she would play at the Athens Olympics despite being forced to pull out of the Polish Open with a rib injury on Saturday.

"My real goal is the Olympics," the Russian world No. 3, who is seeded third at the Games, told a news conference in Sopot.

"It's going to be tough but it was very good preparation for me to play here."

ADVERTISEMENT
document.onLoad=write_script(DL_randnum)

Women's Tennis Association (WTA) spokesman Artur Rolak said Myskina had had to pull out of the Polish Open because of an "acute right rib strain," giving her Czech opponent Klara Koukalova a walkover into the final.

The Olympic tennis tournament begins on Sunday.

"The hard courts in Athens are pretty slow, but I don't see any trouble with the first match," said Myskina, who opens against Spain's Magui Serna.

"The problem may be with my service but baseline and volleys will be my strengths."

Updated on Saturday, Aug 14, 2004 7:09 am EDT

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:00 PM
The injury I don't know what was that sorry maybe didn't hear well. That would be right the rip because she was holding this on this training but if it says that it's right side why she was pushing on left side? ...

Kamen, realy don't worry about her in Athens, she will be okay, injury is not serious she would even play here if not the rain so she is fine. I think she can win the gold.

This was best week of my life I guess :) I wanted just to see nastya live all the time but I wouldn't expect I will be talking to her. I would say something but better I'll keep to myself :) Just say Nastya is so kind and friendly.

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:17 PM
And just one more interesting thingt she said at the conference today.

She joked the most happy moment on court is when she wins a set with her coach :p then seriously that FO.

And she said her europe schedule after USO is Filderstadt and Moscow. If she will need more poits to get to championships she will play something more, if not just these.

the cat
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Who does Anastasia think she's fooling by saying playing Sopot was good preperation for Athens when she's injured and tired from playing Sopot? :confused: And Nastya saying she shouldn't have any problems against a talented and experienced lefty like Maugi Serna is an unecessary comment that could come back to haunt her.

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Lol doesn't she beat Jens regularly?:rolleyes:
Only Moscow and Filderstadt. It's too little. Why does she enter Bali but not Zurich?
That won't be enough if she really wants to be #1 at the year end:unsure:
What did you want to say Ola, you only tickled my fancy:rolleyes:

vaiva
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Nastya has an extra day to rest. She's not playing on Sunday, according to the schedule.

the cat, are you sure you know what you are talking about? Nastya never lost to Serna in 4 matches between them. Plus, Serna has been losing left and right lately, so Nastya is absolutely spot on.

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I think she had in mind she doesn't expect problems with the injury not with Serna, but i hope both

the cat
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Vaiva, did Nastya beat Serna in those 4 matches with an injured shoulder and being tired?

Nastyafan, I think Nastya meant she won't have any problems with Serna in her first match. We shall see.

Epigone
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Just a clarification. I believe that what Nastya meant was that a transition from clay to hardcourt won't be a problem against Serna because Serna is a claycourter herself.

the cat
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Anastasia said "I don't see any trouble with the first match". If I was Serna I would be upset by that comment and I'm sure it's been relayed to her. As for Nastya it's good that she's so confident but now she has to back it up against Serna who will not roll over for Myskina in the Olympics like she has in WTA Tournaments.

pixy75
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:56 PM
This was best week of my life I guess :) I wanted just to see nastya live all the time but I wouldn't expect I will be talking to her. I would say something but better I'll keep to myself :) Just say Nastya is so kind and friendly.
Ola, I am glad to hear that from you:hearts:
What an emotional words, Nastya is dream girl for you,
and for me, too. I awfully wanna meet her again.

Epigone
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:56 PM
I don't have a transcript of the interview, but from what I remember hearing, that comment was made in relation to meeting Serna after coming from the claycourts in Sopot. I think that Nastya meant that she wouldn't be disadvantaged in her first match because she prepared on clay.

Nastya didn't say that she won't have any problem with Serna, only that she won't have a problem with the match, and the first part of her quote suggests that she was referring to a surface change.

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Reiji, Nastya is my dream girl? I am not lesbian :lol; Rafa is my dream boy, Nastya is my idol, she's cool.

Scott, I don't see any reason you should argue about. Nastya really wasn't arogant or something there. The question was about surface and then playing lef-handed player in firsat round. Nastya just said she is not afraid of playing her and changing surface is not so difficult for her. She didn't say anything wrong about Magui.

About schedule, I don't know if she plays Bali, she said Filderstadt and Moscow but the question was just about Europe so I don't know. But Zurich would be better, yeah, but it's different date at all.

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the clarification Epigone. I'm sure that's the case. Nastya has never said any disrespectful words about her opponent. I highly doubt she has even known who is her 1rd. opponent if it hasn't been mentioned there

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 03:23 PM
There was a thread about her commitment in Bali in GM. Probably ElenaD has told her how a beautiful place is Bali and Nastya likes enjoying her life. Only there are no points

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Maybe, there's a lot of time after us open and no big tournaments. She can play this one and still rest a lot.

Nastyafan
Aug 14th, 2004, 03:32 PM
and IMO Zurich is preferable to Filderstadt. Filderstadt always has a stronger draw and less points

goldenlox
Aug 14th, 2004, 04:07 PM
So it's all good. Nastya plays in the Olympics, and her injury isn't that bad.
Next year, Nastya will win Sopot.

deckham
Aug 14th, 2004, 04:22 PM
wow.... i miss so much while i sleep. :awww:

so it is a rib injury eh? that's okay... she'll be fine for the olympics... she's a tough cookie... :yeah:

sorry olga that nastya pulled out again... but at least you got to see her one last time before she left... :)

I spent alot of time in GM last night defending nastya's withdrawal... bunch of friggin' loonies in those threads. i think most everyone here understands what happened and it was in her and the tournament's best interest to pull out and get ready for the olympics.... nastya still sounds very confident and that's always a good sign... :drink:

the cat
Aug 14th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Ola, if Nadal is your dream guy then you're going to have to compete with Little Masha for Nadal's affections. ;)

And Ola, I read what Anastasia said about Serna and their first round match. Besides me Vaiva knows what Nastya meant with what she said. And that's why Vaiva pointed out that Anastasia owns Serna and has reason to be confident which is why Nastya said "I don't see any trouble with the first match".

deckham, GM is a place where our favorite Russina's will take a pounding because they are popular and likable and most of the posters in GM can't believe the Russina's are for real and are taking over women's tennis.

goldenlox
Aug 14th, 2004, 06:54 PM
SOPOT, Poland (Reuters) - French Open tennis champion Anastasia Myskina said she would play at the Athens Olympics despite being forced to pull out of the Polish Open with a rib injury on Saturday.

``My real goal is the Olympics,'' the Russian world No. 3, who is seeded third at the Games, told a news conference in Sopot.

``It's going to be tough but it was very good preparation for me to play here.''

Women's Tennis Association (WTA) spokesman Artur Rolak said Myskina had had to pull out of the Polish Open because of an ``acute right rib strain,'' giving her Czech opponent Klara Koukalova a walkover into the final.

The Olympic tennis tournament begins on Sunday.

``The hard courts in Athens are pretty slow, but I don't see any trouble with the first match,'' said Myskina, who opens against Spain's Magui Serna.

``The problem may be with my service but baseline and volleys will be my strengths.''

cool_olga
Aug 14th, 2004, 07:12 PM
sorry olga that nastya pulled out again... but at least you got to see her one last time before she left...
I am not sad, it's important I saw her and she said bye to me and opposite :) and nice hug

the cat
Aug 14th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Olga, it's nice that you're a media insider with Anastasia. :) Maybe you will get to interview her in Moscow at the Ladies Kremlin Cup. I bet she would remember you. :D

goldenlox
Aug 14th, 2004, 08:44 PM
What's great about Nastya playing in Sopot is that she met Olga.
We are more than words on a message board. We have feelings, we have passion.
And now Nastya knows that we really are her fans, and we care about her.

deckham
Aug 15th, 2004, 12:22 AM
I am not sad, it's important I saw her and she said bye to me and opposite :) and nice hug
:hug: .... you hugged nastya..... :angel:

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Nastya (and Jens) in Montreal -

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mwphotopress/Aug7/b_myskina701.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mwphotopress/Aug7/b_myskina702.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mwphotopress/Aug7/b_myskina703.jpg

Daniel
Aug 15th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Go Nastya in Athens :D :kiss:

Hope she rules Athens :clap2:

:bounce: :kiss: :hug: :smooch:

Daniel
Aug 15th, 2004, 09:26 AM
nice pics :)

cool_olga
Aug 15th, 2004, 12:11 PM
:hug: .... you hugged nastya..... :angel:
yeah it was incredible. Few people stayed after the conference to take autograph, I waited till she does everything cus wanted to say bye and udachi. And now it was amazing, I was behin d two people and she herself started coming to me so I came to her and she started hug me, so it was very sweet from her :) Moment I won't forget for sure. Nastya is just the kindest player.

She said she doesn't know wtaworld when I asked but I said she has many great fans.

And Jens is very cool too. Every time he saw me he was saying 'hey' to me and smiling :p

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2004, 02:13 PM
She said she doesn't know wtaworld when I asked

I'm glad you asked Nastya. So she doesn't read this. That's good to know. She needs to focus on tennis, not the internet.

Nastyafan
Aug 15th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Ola, you can't imagine how envious I'm for this hug.:hug: Maybe there was a kiss too:kiss:
You told her about our forum.:eek: We should be careful posting here, sometimes we write a bit silly things... But if she reads some idiotic threads in GM and what these friggin' loonies(as deckham said) write about her. :fiery:
Does Nastya know about your site? I guess as a modest girl you havent ventured to tell her :rolleyes: . But obviously Nastya has liked and will remember you. Maybe she will have one more reason to return next year in Sopot. And maybe your meeting and knowing how many true and devoted fans she has will give her the decisive impulse to win the Olympic gold:angel:

Epigone
Aug 15th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Nastya knows about Ola's site ;)

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2004, 04:56 PM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mwphotopress/Aug6/b_myskina602.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mwphotopress/Aug6/b_myskina603.jpg

Nastya in Montreal

deckham
Aug 15th, 2004, 06:42 PM
stop it with the pics... my monitor can't handle that much heat.... :hehehe:

:drink:

nastya plays tomorrow guys!!! 1st step out of 6 in athens.... :yeah:

Nastyafan
Aug 15th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Lol deckham, is your monitor sentimental like you. I hope you won't break it in a fit of jealousy.:rolleyes:

Yeah Nastya, make your first step tomorrow and without problems as you said in Sopot:yeah: :kiss:

deckham
Aug 15th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Lol deckham, is your monitor sentimental like you. I hope you won't break it in a fit of jealousy.:rolleyes:

Yeah Nastya, make your first step tomorrow and without problems as you said in Sopot:yeah: :kiss:
hehehe.... you crazy... ;)

deckham
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:02 AM
come on nastya..... 1st match tomorrow. :yeah:

we've all been so excited waiting on this..... :yippee:
we know you want this really bad so we are very anxious to see you accomplish your goals...

go nastya!!!!!!!!! :drink:

Daniel
Aug 16th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Good luck Nastya!! :bounce: :worship:

I send you lots of positive energies :worship:

Daniel
Aug 16th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Hopse she beays Serna easily :D :kiss: :hug:

Daniel
Aug 16th, 2004, 09:49 AM
I wish she doesnt lose coz Russia already lost Elena, so Nastya u better win on Mon :worship:

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Nastya will be on the court after an hour. She is the only Russian big hope now. It seems the over-motivation and longing isn't the best helper here.
Don't allow your friend's mistake Nastya, play like another tourney, be calm and confident. It seems it's always windy on these Athens courts, so take care, be smart and precise as always and please don't get mad.

Good luck Nastya, please give us a quick and convincing win:wavey: :worship: :kiss:

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:18 PM
good start Natya 2-0
keep it

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Ola, you can't imagine how envious I'm for this hug.:hug: Maybe there was a kiss too:kiss: I can imagine :angel: No kiss but she winked at me when she saw me at autograph session so it was nice too :)

You told her about our forum.:eek: We should be careful posting here, sometimes we write a bit silly things... But if she reads some idiotic threads in GM and what these friggin' loonies(as deckham said) write about her. :fiery:
No I don't think she will read. She didn't know the address and I said that quickly, she for sure didn't remember that it was wtaworld.

Does Nastya know about your site? I guess as a modest girl you havent ventured to tell her :rolleyes: . Actually I did tell her, maybe she will look at it.

But obviously Nastya has liked and will remember you.
That's why I wanna go to Moscow even more now:D

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Oh, Nastya playing now, I wish it was showed on tv but I saw weightlifting while ago. I am wondering if they will ever show Olympic tennis.

Davai Nastya !!!!!!!!!!

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:21 PM
3-0:)
break again:yeah:

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Ola:wavey:
you bring luck to Nastya:worship:
she's in full control 5-0:bounce:

JLDementieva
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:32 PM
GOOO Nastya!

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:35 PM
:woohoo: we have a bagel
great start girl
can you repeat it in the second?:worship:

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:36 PM
5-0 :yeah:

And Scott, you had any problems with her saying she is not afraid? :rolleyes: ;)

goldenlox
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Good, she's healthy. That's what matters.

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM
and we are going in the second 2-0:drive:

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
3-0:banana:
has Nastya ever scored a double bagel?:confused:

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:47 PM
wohooooooooo Nastya rocks !!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Double bagle? I don't know :p But I guess here won't be double bagle, it was close to this with parra and she lost then 4 games in second set.
But wow, I am impressed she can be so focused for a long time, this is something new :) Nastya came even stronger!

JLDementieva
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:49 PM
yay!!! double bagel double bagel!

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:50 PM
pff i shouldn't have said that
Nastya lost a game
but stay focused girl don't give her any chances

JLDementieva
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:51 PM
oops :tape:

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:52 PM
4-1:drive:
well, 6-0 6-1 would be wonderful too

KV
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:52 PM
A. Myskina leads 6-0 4-1

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Lol, i said she will probaly loose a game :p but she will win something like 6-2 :banana:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Yes, 6-0 6-1 in just 45 minutes.

Congratulations!

KV
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:56 PM
A. Myskina def. M. Serna 6-0 6-1 :) :D

JLDementieva
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:57 PM
yay! congrats Nastya!!

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:57 PM
WOW LAST 2 GAMES WERE SO QUICK:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nastyaaaa you are just amazing:kiss: :hearts: :inlove:

and the best thing - she didn't face a break point, so she probably hasn't problems with her serve:banana:

Epigone
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Nastya :clap2:

bubble
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:59 PM
wow, way to go Nastya!

Now that Elena's gone, please go all the way to the Gold podium...

:)

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:03 PM
And some people wondered why she said she will have no problems:scratch: :worship:

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Wohoo !!!!!!! That means shoulder is healthy :) her serve in Sopot was really weak. I guess Sopot wa straining for her, she was struggling so much, wasn;t focused and stuff. now Athens she is 100% That's just awesome to know she is fine. Natsya is going for medal!! It's her easier won match of this year (score). Congrats nastya :yeah:

goldenlox
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:21 PM
This is just round 1. A good win. But it gets much tougher.

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately there is no info about the speed of her serve but 3 aces 1DF and 83% won on her 1st serve shouldn't be bad.
I forgot the draw, who she will play next? And when will team beauty play?

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Nastya will play Kristina Brandi not Kostanic.
She'll beat her :)

vaiva
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Yay Nastia :banana:

What about that crafty experienced left-hander, the cat? At least Black Mamba knows what she's talking about :p

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Thy play asagoe/Sugiyama so won't be that easy in first match (Sugiyama especially) and will play tomorrow probably.

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:48 PM
What's Black Mamba? nastya? :rolleyes:

the cat
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Oh Vaiva, you made me eat my words! :mad: :tape: And who is the Black Mamba?

Well done Anastasia. I guess her rib injury (wink;) wink;) ) wasn't bothering her too much in her match against Serna.

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Yeah Nastya is Black Mamba. I think vaiva invented this about her black outfit in San Diego:worship:
In GM Nastya's haters are explainig again how disrespectful to her fans is her withdrawing and winning now to 0 and 1.:scratch:
Why don't I feel so?:worship: :banana:

deckham
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:01 PM
way to go nastya!!!!! i didn't know exactly what time she played so i missed the excitement... :fiery: 6-0, 6-1 is better than we could have hoped for :bounce: . Maybe you're right olga, the sopot tourney was a strain on her shoulder and she knew what she needed to do to get better..... :yeah: It stinks that lena d lost, but nastya shows no signs of letting off the gas. she wants that gold!!!!!

2nd step - Brandi

and team beauty plays tomorrow... :woohoo: (i know lena d will want to really win that)

Go Nastya! :drink:

deckham
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah Nastya is Black Mamba. I think vaiva invented this about her black outfit in San Diego:worship:
In GM Nastya's haters are explainig again how disrespectful to her fans is her withdrawing and winning now to 0 and 1.:scratch:
Why don't I feel so?:worship: :banana:
i know nastyafan... i'm over there with you.... ;)

it's pure jealousy over there.... their skepticism is just that.

deckham
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:46 PM
nastya nastya you've started so well
you've obviously rested, that we can tell.
people are bashing you, they have such a nerve.
they think you were lying, did they not see your serve?

you're now on a roll, you're really on fire.
you're third in the rankings, only now to get higher.
you're playing aggressive and you're playing quite smart.
as accurate as a sniper and as quick as a dart.

done in 45 minutes, so the heat wasn't bad.
doubles might be longer, but only a tad.
you and lena d can win in straight sets,
for i waged that online, i placed all my bets.

but gold is the key and that is your goal.
it's there in your body, it's there in you soul.
you will put yourself above all the rest.
when you play great tennis, you're simply the best.

;) :drink:

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
i know nastyafan... i'm over there with you.... ;)

it's pure jealousy over there.... their skepticism is just that.I saw deckham, you and Spunky are the greatest Nastya's vindicators there:yeah:
I was trying earlier, but lately I understood that there is no use to argue with them They will always find a cause to hate her - her teeth, her photos, her "lack of weapons", now her withdrawing. Do you think they really care about the fans who Nastya "dished" They were actually happy that they found another reason to spit at her, they were happy that she didn't gain points, and now they are frustrated that she isn't really so injured as they would like to be. You give them reasonable arguments but you can't convince them of something they don't wan't to know.
Better leave them alone with their spite. write poems and enjoy Nastya's triumphs :worship:

goldenlox
Aug 16th, 2004, 05:21 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040816/i/r94744187.jpg Mon Aug 16,12:01 PM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95/*http://www.reuters.com)
Russia's Anastasia Myskina hits the ball back to Spain's Magui Serna during their women's first round Olympic tennis tournament match at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games August 16, 2004

goldenlox
Aug 16th, 2004, 05:29 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040816/i/r649525344.jpg Mon Aug 16,11:40 AM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95/*http://www.reuters.com)
Russia's Anastasia Myskina takes position during her women's first round Olympic tennis tournament match against Spain's Magui Serna at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
ATHENS, 16 August - Comments from Anastasia MYSKINA (RUS)

A. MYSKINA/M. Serna

6‑0, 6‑1

An interview with: ANASTASIA MYSKINA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Would you have liked a longer match than that after coming from a different tournament?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, no, definitely not. Because, I mean, the condition's pretty tough. It's windy and it's really hot. So I don't want to be in the court longer than ‑ I don't know ‑ 40, 45 minutes. The match is pretty good. I'm really happy that it was good end.

Q. Can you talk a little bit about the foot problem, was it the foot problem that caused you to leave Poland early?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, no, my ribs.

Q. Ribs, okay. What was the problem and is it gone?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, it cannot be gone that fast (smiling). So I still have problem but it's not really ‑‑ I mean, it's affect a little bit my serve but not really in this condition. I have a good physio here, so and they treat me well. I hope for the next match I'm gonna be good, ready.

Q. Can you play six matches?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, definitely.

Q. I was wondering if you could comment on the situation of Russian women's tennis, the fact that it's been improving so quickly? Seems to be a whole generation of you, the Russian women had never had a Grand Slam title before this year. Suddenly there are two. What do you think the reasons for that might be?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, I think because we have a good competition with each other, like we really push each other like behind the back. So many good girls who wants to be ahead of me, and I know that, so it push me to practice harder and play every tournament for 100%. Definitely for them is the same thing. Like I won a Grand Slam, and next Grand Slam won Maria because she saw that it's possible. And if everybody start believing in themself, then I guess that's the key.

Q. Have you noticed a difference since the French and Wimbledon, not just for yourself but among the Russians? Is there a greater sense of belief now you and Maria have done that?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, definitely. I mean, we are starting ‑‑ definitely we improve our tennis. We start to be more aggressive on the court. We have all kind of players who can serve really well, who can play baseline and serve and hopefully serve and volley. So I think we just improve our tennis. But it helps also because we're not practicing all in Russia. Like Maria practice in US, Petrova is in Holland, Kuznetsova in Spain, so we get something new from different countries, and then we play really good right now.

Q. Are you happy with your hard court form? You did reasonably well in California and Canada.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, I was playing really good in San Diego. It was tough matches. Montreal was pretty good. Yeah, I'm really happy

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Lol, these questions about russians must make her nuts, everywhere she is they keeping asking same question :p

Maybe you're right olga, the sopot tourney was a strain on her shoulder and she knew what she needed to do to get better.....
Actually, my opinion was that there's not serious injury and she could finish Sopot with this but when situation with rain appeared and she would have to play 2 matches in one day, that was a problem, then it wouldn't be that good for the rib.

They will always find a cause to hate her - her teeth, her photos, her "lack of weapons", now her withdrawing.
This is just so stupid. Nastya is the nicest player on Tour. Her teeth, what is the reason? Teeth are not important at all Nastya is very cool like she is, now has braces so topic should be closed.

About photos you reminded me nastya's face after one question :sad: This journalist was complete jerk, he had to not know the recent case with those pics. I was so sorry for Nastya :( Maybe later i would tell you about this question and Nastya, poor girl.

Nastyafan
Aug 16th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Yes, that question about Russians is already too banal. But it seems Nastya recites from memory the answer.:p At least they didn't ask about GQ here.
I know Nastya is the nicest and the prettiest player (to me) on tour Ola. But try to persuade these loones in GM:silly:

Nastya plays tomorrow again - second match on court1 (again no CC for Nastya:mad: )
How smart that she was so quick today. It seems all second round matches are tomorrow and the singles final will be on Saturday. No doubles tomorrow, but that means Nastya will have to play 2 matches every day later in the week, when the opponents will be tougher:eek:

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Well the question actually wasn't about GQ, maybe even worse in this situation. Because if about GQ she could just say no comment, this journalist must have not known about this even.

TartarVicario
Aug 16th, 2004, 08:26 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos/200X250/fanfoto.jpg

From WTA Fan Zone :)

deckham
Aug 16th, 2004, 10:07 PM
i hope nastya's on tv............. we need to see her on her way to gold. :drink:

yeah.... silly haters of nastya and silly journalists.... we don't care though..... and hopefully nastya doesn't either... she is a gorgeous woman and she just wants to play tennis and have fun... everyone else can just stick it in their ear.

we're here to see anastasia win and have fun.... and we're behind her all they way and now, thanks to olga, she knows her real supporters are behind her and will follow her and support throughout her entire career.... :)

the more other people are talking bad about nastya, it means that she must be winning... ;) .... hehehe..... poor them :hehehe:

cool_olga
Aug 16th, 2004, 11:12 PM
I don't think she will be on tv. No tennis here on tv even :(

goldenlox
Aug 16th, 2004, 11:17 PM
I just got a replay of the whole Federer-Davydenko match. But I'll only get Center Court matches.

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:38 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040816/capt.sge.aud52.160804185220.photo01.default-380x267.jpg Mon Aug 16, 2:53 PM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/th/afp_lo_1.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/afp/brand/SIG=ofqlv2/*http://www.afp.com)
Anastasia Myskina of Russia lobs the ball during a serve in her women's singles first round tennis match against Magui Serna of Spain in the Olympic Games

Daniel
Aug 17th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Go Nastya :D

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Nastya will be on court soon.
Please do it quickly and purely like yesterday girl

Good luck:kiss: :hearts:

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:07 AM
good start again 2-0:)

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM
3-1 :)
and Nastya has 2 aces
but only 2 winners too

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:23 AM
a long game and Nastya breaks again 4-1:bounce:

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Nastya will win this match! No doubt!

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:29 AM
grrr got broken easily
already 16 UE stop them nastya

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:35 AM
but she broke again 5-2
close this set now Nastya
it seems her first serve isn't very effective - she has81% 1s but only 47%won

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:35 AM
She won the 1st set 6-2

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:40 AM
6-2:worship: :bounce:
well done girl
now stay focused for the second
but where is your beautiful backhand - 9forehand and only 1 backhand winners:confused:

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:47 AM
grrr a bad start now 0-2 :fiery:
and only 1 point won
refocus girl!

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:51 AM
0-3 NASTYAAAA wake up:fiery: :mad:
you don't need 3 setter now

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:57 AM
2-3
that's better
now hold and break again!

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:04 AM
What is going on???
Hope, not the copy of Lena-Molik match...

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:06 AM
she got broken again:fiery:
what's up with your serve girl - no DF but only 30% of 1st serve won:confused:
and lost next game 2-5:fiery: :mad: :sad:
it seems will be third
please Nastya don't do your friend stuff:bowdown:

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:11 AM
3-5 but a long game again
break NOOOOOW!

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:19 AM
can't beliewe we are in the third :fiery: :mad: :sad:
What happened Nastya, it was so well yesterday and in the first set today
I'm afraid her shoulder or rib bothers her, her serve obviously is too weak
but fight girl, don't even think about a loss

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:25 AM
2-1 on serve
but she holds all her serve with problems
brek now Nastya please!

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:34 AM
2-2 and a loooong game
can't believe such torture in second round
oh finaly she held
break NOOOOOW please!

no1mariafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Nastya has broken finally, 4-2!

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM
oh she broke!
HOOOOLD PLEEEEAAAAASE

saab95
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Nastya leads 62 36 42 but had 62 UE vs 45

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Noooo She Gave The Break To 0 Back
Nastyaaaa Whyyyy

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:42 AM
62 UE! That's crazy for a French Open champion. Nastya is trying to give this match away.

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:45 AM
but broke again
Hold that damn serve now and finish that torture pleeeeaaaase

saab95
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Nastya leads 5-3 W/UE 30/66 now

saab95
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:48 AM
may be too windy again today ?! 68 ue 5-4
Nastya, serve on this match!
Don't follow Marat!

Roy M
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:49 AM
62 UE! That's crazy for a French Open champion. Nastya is trying to give this match away.

Sharapova did the same thing against Myskina 2 weeks ago.

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:49 AM
that's impossible she gave the reak again
Nastya girl why this damn serve again
break please

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:54 AM
OH she won
but I'm not happy with that win
just I'm not totaly devasttaed

vaiva
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Phew, Nastya.

Please, don't do this again. Win quick and easy :p

saab95
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Nastya won with 35 w & 70 ue.
I'm sure she can improve tomorrow and Eleni (Magda) wouldn't get a lot of presents from Nastya.

KV
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:58 AM
She finished it off, very nail-biting. Most important she won :)

Nastya's sister
These unstabile matches really worries me! She defenitely must play better to become the Olympic Champion. Nastya has so much more to give and I'm sure she can go all the way!!

goldenlox
Sharapova did the same thing against Myskina 2 weeks ago.
Sharapova was playing someone who always kicks her butt.
Myskina was playing Brandi. An easy opponent for a top 10 player.

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:59 AM
The most important is that she won...Not easily but won...This match will make her think better in next rounds matches...Probably, now nastya is too tired for doubles...

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Doubles are important. This is the Olympics. You try to win any medal you can.

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:22 AM
OH congrats Nastya, a win is a win.
But sometimes I think it would be better (to me) one loss than 3 wins like this agains players she should crush.
I wonder what was the difference between yesterday's and today's Nastya. Yesterday Nastya didn't face a break point, today she was broken 5 times and she didn't won a game to 0 or 15. She won 49% of her first serve compared to yesterday's 83%, her second serve was better - 55% I'm afraid her injury has aggravated and she hardly will endure that tough schedule. Unfortunately today I almost lost my hopes about the gold and even a medal:sad: :fiery:

Please Nastya prove me wrong!:bowdown:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Nastya :mad: but she won :)
why does she always play the MOST 3 set matches every year in top 100 :rolleyes:

got to kill your opponents when they are down and keep them there :o

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 12:37 PM
I just watched the match in replay…Not impressive... I think Nastya didn’t feel well – the expression on her face, her game showed that…
If it was Molik...Nastya, probably, would lose...
But Nastya showed her mental strength in the very last game when Kristina was serving and leading 40:15…

What surprised me was that Nastya shook hands with Kristina but didn’t shake hands with the umpire…

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 12:39 PM
I'm really worried about Nastya's physical conditions...She looked so tired...Hope, she can find some energy for her doubles match...

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 12:52 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040817/i/r1334400753.jpg Tue Aug 17, 8:00 AM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95/*http://www.reuters.com)
Russia's Anastasia Myskina hits the ball during her women's second round Olympic tennis tournament match against Kristina Brandi of Puerto Rico at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games August 17, 2004

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 12:59 PM
I knew there is something wrong. But Verba do you think that was some indisposition or her injuries bothered her. If it has been a temporary indisposition there still is a chance she will be better tomorrow, but if it has been an injury there is no big hope.
And why didn't she shake hands with the umpire, were there questionable calls?

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I knew there is something wrong. But Verba do you think that was some indisposition or her injuries bothered her. If it has been a temporary indisposition there still is a chance she will be better tomorrow, but if it has been an injury there is no big hope.
And why didn't she shake hands with the umpire, were there questionable calls?
I guess it was too hot for Nastya...During the changeovers she put ice on her head...I also heard that yesterday when she played against Serna she massaged her shoulder during the changeovers…
Nastya committed a lot of unforced errors…After some of them she was very angry (at herself, I guess), even screamed… I don’t know whether there were some wrong calls - the quality of my TV isn’t that good and our TV channel didn’t show any replays of the points…
She didn’t shake hands with the umpire but it didn’t look (and it wasn’t) offensive…She shook hands with Kristina then looked at the umpire, raised her hand (as if greeting the umpire) and scurried to her seat…Something was definitely wrong with her today…She didn't look healthy.

ys
Aug 17th, 2004, 01:44 PM
The problem is .. doubles. As long as she is still in doubles, she will play her singles in the first half of the day. When it is hot..

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Nadia should be playing doubles. Her results are the best after Sveta/Lena.

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:03 PM
I guess it was too hot for Nastya...During the changeovers she put ice on her head...I also heard that yesterday when she played against Serna she massaged her shoulder during the changeovers…
Nastya committed a lot of unforced errors…After some of them she was very angry (at herself, I guess), even screamed… I don’t know whether there were some wrong calls - the quality of my TV isn’t that good and our TV channel didn’t show any replays of the points…
She didn’t shake hands with the umpire but it didn’t look (and it wasn’t) offensive…She shook hands with Kristina then looked at the umpire, raised her hand (as if greeting the umpire) and scurried to her seat…Something was definitely wrong with her today…She didn't look healthy.Thanks Verba. I forgot to ask you about the serve. Was it too weak, how didn't she win even half of her 1st serve points?
If it's only the heat she can do nothing and the heat is for everyone, but she is obviously tired and maybe injured. Poor Nastya Sopot wii probably ruin your Olympic dreams.:sad: :sad:
Ys do you think there is a big difference between the temperatures at 10 an 17 o'clock. Usually at 17 is hotter. But doubles definitely won't help her tiredness. Anyway I doubt they will play many matches:sad:

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Is there any hope for the most beautiful team with one exhausted physically, other mentally:rolleyes:
Anyway good luck girls:kiss: :hearts:
http://russiantennis.org/original/acura_classic-33.jpg

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks Verba. I forgot to ask you about the serve. Was it too weak, how didn't she win even half of her 1st serve points?
If it's only the heat she can do nothing and the heat is for everyone, but she is obviously tired and maybe injured. Poor Nastya Sopot wii probably ruin your Olympic dreams.:sad: :sad:
Ys do you think there is a big difference between the temperatures at 10 an 17 o'clock. Usually at 17 is hotter. But doubles definitely won't help her tiredness. Anyway I doubt they will play many matches:sad:
Her second serve was very weak.. It was easy for Brandi to return it...

Verba
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Nadia should be playing doubles. Her results are the best after Sveta/Lena.
Who would be Nadia's partner? :confused:
Good luck to Lena and Nastya!

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Nadia/Vera sounds good to me. Or Lena B., who won the AO mixed title. They both serve better than Nastya or Lena.

JLDementieva
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:09 PM
wow, tough win for Nastya!! Good luck to my 2 favs in doubles!!

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Nastya :eek:
What a tough match. I am proud of her she menaged to win it.
Poor girl I am so sorry for her. She had to be very tired but I wonder with what, she had days off and yesterday was easily.
Thanks a lot for reports Verba, something was wrong with her you say :sad: I hope this is not an injury. But what I am wondering about is what injury it is. Once she says rib and massages shoulder?

I guess it could be heat because she was keepins saying that she didn't want to go to Athens too early because there is too hot and too many people...So probably the whok, athmosphere, weather and stuff made her very tired.

Now doubles, maybe with Lena it will be easier for her.

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:11 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040817/capt.olyten10708171501.greece_olympics_tennis_olyt en107.jpg Tue Aug 17,11:03 AM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/ap120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ap/brand/SIG=br2v03/*http://www.ap.org)
Anastasia Myskina of Russia returns to opponent Kristina Brandi of Puerto Rico during second round tennis action of the 2004 Olympic Games

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:31 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040817/i/r4225530582.jpg Tue Aug 17, 9:43 AM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95/*http://www.reuters.com)
Russia's Anastasia Myskina waits for the ball during her women's second round Olympic tennis tournament match against Kristina Brandi of Puerto Rico at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I like this outfit a lot Nastya looks good in that kind of tops. Finally scanned my pics with Russian queen and the coolest coach :)

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/MeNastya.jpg

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/JensMeNastya.jpg

Epigone
Aug 17th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Aren't I a great photographer? :cool:

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Lol Ola you are really cool and you are a brunette like Nastya - not so typical for Russians and Poles. Maybe that's one of reasons that you like Nastya so much.You have something in common, you look like sisters on that pic:hug:
Congrats to the photographer too;)

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Lol, actually it is funny because my favourite colour is blue too, I was collecting stuff animals before, like you said I am bruntte and now I tell true I have bit similar clothing style, love jeans and like similar blouses...:rolleyes: This is destiny I she has to be my favourite player :p

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Oh no :sad: In doubles is 7-5 5-7 for now...Three sets and so tight is what Nastya needs less now :(

BoucharDRules
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=cool_olga]I like this outfit a lot Nastya looks good in that kind of tops. Finally scanned my pics with Russian queen and the coolest coach :)

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/MeNastya.jpg

The lady on the right is really beautiful. :hearts: :hearts: :kiss:

Who is she, Nastya's sister?

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Is Nastya's favourite colour blue, I think she said black.
Yay probably it's destiny.

BTW I'm watching Maggie now and she is playing very well. I hope it will be a long match but it doesn't seem so. If Nastya plays like today I'm afraid she will have hard time tomorrow
Are they playing doubles, I don't find on my scoreboard

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Oh talking about similarities forgot to mention that I heard Nastya's dog is dachshund. I've been having a dachshund for 8 years :rolleyes:

Lol, sister, I wish. One funny thing in Sopot after this conference with Nastya and Marat one man came to me and said' Could you sign here?', he thought I am Nastya :lol: really, ask Martin.

Stephieva
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Ana/LenaD lost to Ai/Asagoe...7-5 5-7 3-6
Good for Ana in singles tho...:)

But LenaD...dun want to imagine. :sad:

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Kamen, I saw interview she said her fav is blue...and she has her room in blue. But Nastya likes to change her mind many times like with favourite surface so who knows :p

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Nastya has to play much better tomorrow.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040817/capt.olyten10708171501.greece_olympics_tennis_olyt en107.jpg Tue Aug 17,

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:38 PM
I saw now
and they already lost 6-3 in the third:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
and the worse scenario -a long long match and a loss:fiery: :o

Epigone
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Lol, sister, I wish. One funny thing in Sopot after this conference with Nastya and Marat one man came to me and said' Could you sign here?', he thought I am Nastya :lol: really, ask Martin.Very true. Journalists were laughing about it.

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:44 PM
What a disaster again :sad: :fiery: :crying2:
and in the third they are broken 4 times - so no one has managed to hold:fiery:

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Maybe that's better she can focus on singles. She didn't need two matches tomorrow. but it's Olympics from other side, you try to win no matter what. Poor Nastya she played 6 tight sets today :sad: Just hope she can recover till tomorrow.

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Nastya, Lena and their serves :rolleyes:

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Oh talking about similarities forgot to mention that I heard Nastya's dog is dachshund. I've been having a dachshund for 8 years :rolleyes:

Lol, sister, I wish. One funny thing in Sopot after this conference with Nastya and Marat one man came to me and said' Could you sign here?', he thought I am Nastya :lol: really, ask Martin.:lol:
That's a funny story... although I'm in no mood for laughing now:sad:
Is George a dachshund? Strangely I have always thought it's a bigger dog. I didn't know she travels with him, I have saw Elena's dog but not Nastya's. And haven't they problems with air companies?:confused:

Oh if this loss will be compensated with singles wins I will be happy but I'm very afraid that tomorrow could be her last day in singles too:scared:
Please Nastya prove me wrong! :bowdown:

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I also thought it is big one, saw one pic she was holding but on warsaw site they say she has dachshund so I don't know. Why you think it travels with her? Surely not.

One journalist even kept calling me Anastasia after this thing with signature. It was like, I went to press centre and he saw me and it was like' Hey Anastasia' or I was going home and he' So soon leaving, Anastasia?'. It was making me nuts a bit but was funny.

TartarVicario
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Err Nastya,won three sets against Brandi ?! :shrug:

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Nastya plays Daniilidou on Center Court. The crowd will be for Eleni.
Nastya has to play much better.

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Is it night session? If yes it can just help. Not that hot and more time to rest.

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:06 PM
So Nastya will play Danilidou (if there will be a match) Her match with Maggie was an incredible drama. At 4-2 30-40 serving,Eleni get an acute cramp in her left hip, she fell on the baseline, she wasn't able to move and it was necessary the trainer to give her help there. Her face was so painful and it seemed she couldn't continue but she did. Mggie broke here and held to level 4-4, but Danilidou held too and at 5-4* 40-30 she had another MP, tried a winner but it was out and she fell in cramp again. The trainer came again but Eleni hadn't right of another break and the umpire warned her but didnt judge a point to Maggie. Showing indescribable pain on her face Eleni got up and in long rallies won the next 2 points and fell again. The public was in extasies.
So if it wasn't a briliant acting (earlier in the match she tried some acts with linesmen) she will be at least much more exhausted than Nastya tomorrow. The bad things will be the public who is even worse than RG and claps loudly at opponents DF and maybe the linesmen. But Nastya still has to win

Ola I didn't read your post carefully, I thought that you have heard the dog

ys
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:10 PM
The bad things will be the public who is even worse than RG and claps loudly at opponents DF and maybe the linesmen. But Nastya still has to win That is something I warned you about long before this tournament started, right after seeing the draw. This could be a dreadful match for Anastasia. She has one and only chance - she should never let Eleni into the match. She should never let crowd get going. That's what good players do to Amelie Mauresmo at French in recent years. Not just beat her. Crush her. Shut them up from the very first point.

On a brighter side, it will be a night match, and it opens the way to medal for Nastya.

cool_olga
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Eleni will be exhausted and injuried. Nastya needs easy match now. Crowd will be hard but as ys said she must shut them up with her good play. Night session will just help.

Nastyafan
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Considering Eleni's condition and the fact that in the evening the crowd will be bigger I would prefer a day match.
I haven't checked the schedule, it's almost sure it will be an evening match but is it already scheduled

Daniel
Aug 18th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Nastya please win this match easy in 2 sets, coz crowd will he dar on you, and it isn ot good to be there for 3 sets, ur body maybe is tired
Go Nastya :D :D

Daniel
Aug 18th, 2004, 07:43 AM
I'm really worried about Nastya's physical conditions...She looked so tired...Hope, she can find some energy for her doubles match...
I think she is tired, I am no tsurprised after being inb Sopot last week, and now paying matches every single day. I want her to win but sometinhg tells me, she might lose soon. Now that doubles is gone, I wish she can put al lher effort in singles. At leat to maek it to the semis, I hope she beats Eleni in 2 sets, then in the QF i hopse she faces FAbiola much easier than Schiavone.

Good luck Anastasia, keep it going girl and take the Gold............ :bounce: :D :worship:

saab95
Aug 18th, 2004, 09:03 AM
http://alltennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?&action=article&id_org=4468&id_razdel=7844&id_article=88260

It's truth Eleni isn't in the best condition after yesterday, but everybody has to remember JHH last year before USO final.
The main thing for Nastya is "to feel" her forehand and to be ready for the wind or Eleni's good tennis.

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Nastya has to play her best. Eleni will be ready to fight. The matches get tougher from now on.

cool_olga
Aug 18th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I believe she can win. Eleni must have something left from this yesterday's injury. But she will fight really hard in Greece at home. But still I think Nastya is ready to beat her in two sets, I hope so.
Udachi Nastya!

JLDementieva
Aug 18th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Good luck Nastya!! It'll be a tough match for sure!

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
It´s Nastya´s first match on centre court isn´t it? Hmmm...hope she had the opportunity to practice on the big stadium before.

See you in a few hours!

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:07 PM
This is a big match. Venus is out. Justine is still in Nastya's half, Nastya has to play her best.

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Justine´s up 6-1 5-0...Nastya will be on court in like an half an hour...uhhh...

Could this be it? The match I´ve been waiting for since...ok, Indian Wells? The super clash of my two faves,...OHHH...

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:35 PM
It seems Nastya will be on CC soon. Unfortunately the previous matches were too quick and the heat still will be too intense. And Nastya hates the heat.
She has to start strong and don't allow the crowd to affect her and linesmen.
I hope yesterday was her critical day and we will see Nastya from last 3 rounds of RG from now on. She shouldn't allow this Olympics to be total disaster for her for Russia and for us her fans.
Good luck Nastya, please win and not like yesterday, please!

cool_olga
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Nastya will win the gold. I though Venus maybe will be tough. But now when big stars not play their best Nastya wins, like French Open. I don't know how's Henis doing now but i think Nastya can definitely beat her after long break.
Nastya go for gold! :)

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Justine is doing freakingly well right now...6-1 6-0 in 43 minutes...ahhh...I want to the the SF between her and Nastya happen!
I think they will wait a bit til the match starts, still a bit early.

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Hi Spunky, I hope your appearance here will bring luck to Nastya:wavey:

but where is our perpetual optimist deckham, he is missing second day already and we need high spirits here:confused:

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Hey Nastyafan, since you were so nice to me earlier the day, I guess I should stop by! Please don´t kill me if...you know

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Deckham is probably already too drunk;)

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:49 PM
oh, Ola with Nastya we never know who is easy and who tough, it was found that Venus, Cap, Elena, Masha are much easier than Frazier, Likhovtseva, Brandi

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:52 PM
1-0 Eleni...4 missed BPs by Nastya...what a start;)

t_fan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Good luck Nastya, please win and not like yesterday, please!
Win whatever way you can, now only this matters :)
Go Nastya! :bounce:

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Hey Nastyafan, since you were so nice to me earlier the day, I guess I should stop by! Please don´t kill me if...you knowI don't guess why should kill you:confused:

deckham drunk? - there is only 2 or 3 p.m.
indeed he is a bit drunk permanently but i like his drunkness:lol:

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Nastyafan...you know that my present here should bring some luck...I hope it does!

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
It doésn´t 0-2

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
did the match start ?
it isn't on eurosport.com
maybe on nbc?

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Oh, that´s why nothing´s going on in here...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/results/5041504/detail.html

Spunky83
ahh, feel blessed that I am here;)

Nastyafan
Nastyaaaaa
what a start
Isaid you have to start strong
fight back girl

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I said that Nastya missed four breakpoint-opportunities in the first game...grr

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Nastya has to remain calm
the crowd there is worse than in South America for DC matches

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:00 PM
1-2...Nastya broke her

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:01 PM
oh she broke back:)
but i guess holding will be the bigger problem today again:fiery:

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Ya...33% serve percentage is not that good, but the match just started...so...

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:04 PM
2-2...hu hu

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:05 PM
wow she held to 15:eek:
break again girl

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:06 PM
to 15? Do you watch it right now or do you have a better livescore board?

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Do you calculate it from the stats?

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:11 PM
first serve is again worse than second 2/5, 4/6
it seems a long game, how many BP will Nastya miss again?

pff 2-3
hooold please

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:14 PM
fuck 2-4

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:16 PM
no i calculate from the stats
no i dont watch if there was maggie they would show it but now no
and she got broken again:fiery:

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:25 PM
3-4

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:25 PM
i can't believe, her serve becomes a problem like Elena's:mad:
she doesn't make DF but does she always meet so good rerurners?:confused:
and only 6 winners to danilidou's 10

again a looong game fight nastya break back
oh she did
but will she hold?

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:31 PM
4-4:)
nastya time to go ahead
break now please:bowdown:

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:34 PM
4-5

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:35 PM
If it goes with the pattern...Eleni would break now...

game-
break-
reabreak-
game-
game-
break-
rebreak-
game-
game

I love stats...and I hope they won´t be true...

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:35 PM
and I was wrong!!! Yes!

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Oh, man...if this one goes into a tie-break it will be like hell for Nastya...

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:36 PM
it seems danilidou dictates the play 14-7 winners
nastya lose the game to 0:fiery:
please nastya don't give the set now:bowdown:

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Yep, but Eleni has six more UEs

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:40 PM
and BP
nastya 2?7
danilidou 2/2
nastya who is the top player here?
at least she held
breeeeaaaaak nooow

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:47 PM
BREAK BREAK!!! Yeahhhh!!!

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Eleni just hits too many UEs...but that´s a typical stat for Nastya´s opponents...now go 7-5...just hold serve!!!

Nastyafan
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:50 PM
what a long game again
Nastya you have chances here, don't miss again
yesss she broke:D
now hold girl,i know it's hard to hold 3 times in a row but you can do it:yeah: