PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Lena just beat Capriati and Schiavone. If Lena keeps playing like this, she'll be in the top 10.
This is great tennis she is playing. It's like Nastya is playing herself.
They both have great court coverage.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:46 AM
she is more than 10 years on tour , she would have been in top 10 if she is so good. She just had her starry flash and Nastya was the victim.
and a lucky netcord has decided that 9th game :fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Nastya why everything is against you - the organizers, the friends, the damn luck:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Nastya was serving 2-0, 30-15 in the third. No way she should lose this match.
That's a big service game. You can't give points away there.
You want to be world #1. You have to hold your serve.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:06 AM
and elena has had blisters.,better retire now and don't give bonus points to momo
But Nastya how weren't you able to beat aninjured opponent why let you her come back whyyyyy

it's 8a.m. here and i haven't slept at all
Nastya why did you do this to me whyyyyy?

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:17 AM
what's the use from these 2 tier 3 tornaments now
even if you win them both, they will give less points than only these 2 matches you should have won
you had to die there Nastya but never lose this match

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Nastya was outplayed tonight. Lena choked, or it would have been straight sets.
On the last point, Nastya just gave the match away. This is a French Open champion, trying to be #1.
Nastya was outplayed. She gave away so many key points. She didn't play well.
If Nastya had to comeback tomorrow, she would get buried. Like Davenport buried her.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:56 AM
I'm guessing this lawsuit right before the Olympics is meant to get Nastya more publicity.
I can tell it's going to work. I've already heard Anna-Anastasia comparisons on the radio.
This could be one of the big pre-Olympic stories. Get ready to answer the same questions 8 million times.

Daniel
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Anastasia, :sad:

Why again? losing to likhotseva, i guess #1 ranking is gone :(

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Nastya isn't playing like a #1. 7 breaks of serve. She lost the first set in 27 minutes.

TartarVicario
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:13 AM
C'mon Daniel.Making semis at Tier I is OK.And Lena's just beat Jen in two.Nastya has to raise her game,though.

Daniel
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:27 AM
It is good rching a final and a semi but for her standars she should have beating Elena . I am disapointrd she is so close to be #1 but losing to Likohtseva wont help her :sad: I agree she needs to raise her game, to play like she was playing in RG. I am sure he will win Sopot :)
Good luck anastasia :hug:

Daniel
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:30 AM
If Nastya wins Sopot, will she be #1 in the rankings??

Daniel
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Good luckin Sopot!!!!! :kiss: :yeah:

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:24 AM
I hope Nastya doesn't feel too bad about this loss. It just wasn't meant to be.
Lena L. played great. Some shots on key points hit the top of the net, and didn't fall Nastya's way.
Nastya needed to win the 2-0, 30-15 game in set 3. But this match could have went either way.
It was better to win the close one against Sveta in Paris.
Just keep working, keep improving. You can't let a loss affect you. It's over.
You have to try your best, and then move on. That's what life is - try your best, move on.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 12:39 PM
I just saw the mqtch and can't believe how many bad luck can happen in one set. And some people say the luck can't win a match I'm sure if Nastya had that luck on her side she would have won 6-1 or 6-2 Yes, Nastya threw away her momentum at 2-0, but there were many more opportunities for her and the damn luck was completely cold-shoulder to her. At 2-1 and BP she did a great serve-return, Elena hardly catch the ball, made a weak shot but the damn ball hardly reaching the net after netcord fell on Nastya's side. It was the same in the fatal 9th game at BP for Elena. In that game Nastya had 2 or 3 netcords too, but not once the damn ball fell on the other side. As if the netcord was under a spell In te last game Elena hit 3 lucky and doubtful lines, one was almost clear out and the publik began to roar but there was no call and it give MP.:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):mad: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Even Eurosport comentators noticed how unlucky Nastya was in that set after the netcord for 5-4
Is even God against you my poor Nastya:sad: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):crying2: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 12:55 PM
I didn't see the first set but I can't agree Lena outplayed Nastya. Nastya dictated almost all points, she was making winners and errors. She needed a little more consistency and a bit of luck. But her best friend probably had invoked all evil spirit to not happen Russian being #1:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Nastya was serving 0-30, 3-5, 3-6. She was being outplayed. Then she picked it up, and Lena's level dropped.
The third set was close, but Nastya had played 3 straight setters this week. Lena played 4 matches. 2 of them 3-setters.
And at the end of the match, Lena was mentally tougher. And was playing steadier.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 02:40 PM
It's easy to be "mentally tougher" when you win 5-6 lucky points in critical moments you should have lost How tough can you be seeing every ball fall not your way and you can do nothing
But well go on the bandwagon on your new favourite,top teener, best Russian.... and hurry with the laudations because this will remain the win and the fiendish deed of her life. I will be glad if she beat momo but that's unrealistic because all second-category Russians have the main task - to prove themselves against compatriots and don't care about the foreign rivals.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 02:46 PM
It's not easy to be mentally tougher. It's easy to just lose. Like Lena D. did against Dulko.
That's easy. To be 5-4, 30-30, and to outrally Nastya in one of the longest points of the match. That's difficult.
That's very tough to do. Then Nastya went for too much and made another UE at match point.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 02:58 PM
especially when one ball was out and the whole public was roaring
and she would never reach to this score without her hellish luck

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Lena was lucky. Nastya is #4, and a French Open winner.
Nastya made some UE's at key moments. Or luck would not have been a factor.
Especially at 2-0 in the third. That was a key moment of the match.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 03:27 PM
The luck was the major factor. Especially these 2 lucky netcords decided the match. Nastya played great in that game at 2-1 but the netcord frustrated her so highly that she squandered not only the next 2 points, but 2 next games too. And when she recovered the next weird game came when 2-3 her netcord fell on her side and after a good serve the same damn netcord gave Elena the game.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Nastya is trying to be world #1. Otherwise, this tournament means nothing.
The Olympics and the US Open are coming. Those are important.
If Nastya wants to be world #1, you find a way to win a semifinal against a player with no power.
To me, it's no big deal. It just Nastya is not a good enough player to be world #1.
She can still improve. But she didn't play like a world #1 last night. Nowhere close.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 03:42 PM
It's only one match. Just like 6-1, 6-1 to Davenport is one match.
World #1 covers a full year. If Nastya wins the US Open, she deserves #1.
But last night's level of play won't win the US Open.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I know Nastya still isn't the best player but she had a huge chance to be#1 and she wasted it. Is Momo more deserved player? How funny, she could go out in every round but she was lucky every her opponent to choke against her. Nastya won all matches convincingly, but once met her "best friend" playing out of her mind with all gods on her side and she robed that chance from Nastya and gifted it to Momo
That was the hugiest chance for Nastya and she wasted it. The rest is only a theory
This's only one loss but very painfull and fatal loss - the second after Frazier. Against Davenport there was (at least to me) a sensible explanation and I took it easy. But that's just weird,, unallowable, I'm trying to find some explanation to myuself, but no one makes me less angry, sad, mad...

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:18 PM
The explaination is that Lena played very well. And Nastya was behind almost the whole match.
The only lead Nastya had was early in the third set, and she lost 4 straight games to fall behind again.
You can't keep getting your serve broken 7 times a match. At Wimbledon, it cost her.
And it cost Nastya here.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:55 PM
The important issue is that Nastya won a major. Once you've won a major, you're career is looked at by how many you win.
Nastya and Maria, both of their careers will be defined by how many majors they win.
Nastya is a lot older. So each major for her is very important.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:04 PM
That doen't satisfy me. It isn't normal someone out of top 30 to come and plaing very well but for her level to beat you 2 times in a row, especially in the biggest stage of your career when you needs this win so badly. The Russian syndrome makes things evwn worse.The luck was a big factor, but Nastya shouldn't have allowed the match to be decided by the luck

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:14 PM
:bigcry:

oh man.......

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:21 PM
hi deck
what a sad day for us
i need your moral support and positive thinking

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Here's some positive thinking. The only bad losses Nastya can have this year are in Athens and New York.
The other results are just for ranking points. And if Nastya plays her normal game, she will stay in the top 5 or 6.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:09 PM
i know... it is a sad day... our poor nastya.

nastya you lost,
but that's okay
you have the olympics
#1's on the way.

you can't win them all
though we wish you would
because we know your brilliant
and because you know you should.

but this is just a stall,
of your trip to number one.
you're still enjoying tennis,
and having lots of fun.

so all of us here are proud
you just need a little rest.
only brighter things ahead,
we know that you're the best

:) :) :) :drink: :) :) :)

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Here's some positive thinking. The only bad losses Nastya can have this year are in Athens and New York.
The other results are just for ranking points. And if Nastya plays her normal game, she will stay in the top 5 or 6.
we don't care, and nastya doesn't either, about staying in top 5 or 6... she doesn't want to drop below 3 and she wants to be number 1. that's the only thing that'll keep nastya satisfied.... :)

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Lena and her coached worked on hitting return of serves at angles, in the corners. And it worked in the match.
Nastya has to be ready for players to attack her serve. In her last 3 losses, her serve was a real weakness.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:27 PM
"You have to give her credit for playing well," said Myskina, who made 46 unforced errors - 10 more than Likhovtseva - and had her serve broken 7 times. "She returned very well and that put the pressure on me to take more chances."

the cat
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Nastyafan is really upset about yestedays proceeding in Montreal. :mad: But who is Nastyafan more upset with for losing thier semifinal matches, Vera or Anastasia? My guess is Anastasia, but it's hard to tell.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:35 PM
sad but good poem deckham
i like eslecially this
so all of us here are proud
you just need a little rest.
only brighter things ahead,
we know that you're the best
yes we know she is the best in our hearts, but will she convince the world?
and she won't take a rest and i'm really afraid for the biggest event
why these tier3 Nastya they don't give points, only tiredness and injuries, they are below your level
these 2 matches were equal 4 tier 3 tourneys you should have won them and then rest

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Fans think the players are machines. They are people. Anastasia is having her best year ever.
But she's human. Her opponent played well, and she got beat. It happens to everyone.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Nastyafan is really upset about yestedays proceeding in Montreal. :mad: But who is Nastyafan more upset with for losing thier semifinal matches, Vera or Anastasia? My guess is Anastasia, but it's hard to tell.indeed hardly to say but still Nastya's she is my fav by far and no one is close to her.
but for Vera's loss iwas too upset as well in view of the facts:
1she is my fav too
2. she gave the win to the biggest rival of my first fav for #1 and a player who i don't like at ll(more precise hate)
but Nastya lost to her "best friend" who played out of her mind to prevent her friend of reaching one dream and that makes me mad too
Yesterday was really one of the worst tennis days to me, i really expected Nastya-Vera final and it happened the nightmare

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:25 PM
i'm watching a replay of the match last night because of the rain delay in montreal.... it's only 2-1 in the first set and i can see that nastya is very ticked off already and making a lot of unforced errors into the net... she definitely doesn't look herself out there right now..... but then again when she's not serving she is playing brilliant... a bit confusing out there....

nastya is such a good sportsman as well.... a 20 hit rally that myskina dominated and then somehow likhovtseva hits it down the line for a winner... first thing nastya does is clap her racket in applause... :) . you just don't see that kind of sportsmanship from a player at the top level. :yeah: i'm very proud of her for that.

wow.. some very good points at the net.... good tennis though.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:33 PM
sad but good poem deckham
i like eslecially this

yes we know she is the best in our hearts, but will she convince the world?
and she won't take a rest and i'm really afraid for the biggest event
why these tier3 Nastya they don't give points, only tiredness and injuries, they are below your level
these 2 matches were equal 4 tier 3 tourneys you should have won them and then rest
again nastyafan, myskina will be ok. ;) (and by the way nastya was beautiful as always in her dark navy outfit... :angel: )
she just wants to play tennis right now, that's why she's playing the tier 3 i think. she likes sopot (and the ice cream) and like she said in that interview before... she's enjoying playing tennis and she's enjoying life. so i think she just wants to have fun over in sopot and play.
sounds good to me... as long as she's enjoying herself and staying healthy in the process than it's all good to me! :yeah:
let's just keep rooting on our nastya because she is doing well... she just needs to tighten up her game a little bit. :bigsmile:

go nastyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Nastya has to forget Montreal. It's over.
When you're on the court, just play this one point.
Be confident, stay focused, run down all the balls you can. And don't give points away.
Time to start another winning streak.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:43 PM
i wouldn't forget montreal... she's been playing some good tennis. she lost a tight one.... but made some amazing winners and dropshots, etc. like i said... she just needs to tighten up her game a bit.... too many UE's in the net..... that's about all i saw. she still has shown she is the most talented player on tour with her wide range of shot selections and she is so extremely quick and athletic that she will never be outhustled in a match.
i am still very proud of the way nastya played and i think she knows she just made too many errors to a player that took advantage of each one...

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:46 PM
nastyafan!!! i know what you're talking about with the luck thing with the netcord!!! oh my gosh!! twice in the third set in deuce she hit the tape that came back to her... and then the next point likhovtseva's weak shot literally bounced off the net and onto nastya's side!!

did you see how myskina reacted??? wow... i hope everyone in the stands ducked their heads when she hit that one! :eek:

we've come to expect that out of our nastya though haven't we.... quite an intense little competitor she is..... ;)

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:03 PM
grrr they replayed the third set again and I again became crazy with the incredible bad luck of our girl
did you notice the netcord at 2-1 BP. Or these 3 ball on the lines in the last game.

How can the blind fate be so unfair to the most beautiful girl?:banghead: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:10 PM
grrr they replayed the third set again and I again became crazy with the incredible bad luck of our girl
did you notice the netcord at 2-1 BP. Or these 3 ball on the lines in the last game.

How can the blind fate be so unfair to the most beautiful girl?:banghead: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
:bigcry: :sad: :bigcry:

i don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

:drink:

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:21 PM
are you watching elena now?
where is her yesterday's fighing spirit where is her steadily and speed?:fiery: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:26 PM
not there as much today.... she's not hitting those corners as well and not oving as well either... definitely not the same elena... :fiery:

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:28 PM
no winners for elena... not going for them... and if she is she's missing them...

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:34 PM
of course she is completely satisfied, she gave all yesterday against her best friend
bitch...:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:36 PM
of course she is completely satisfied, she gave all yesterday again her best friend
bitch...:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
lol! hehehe.....

instead of bitch i say.......

silly sausage!!!!!!!!!

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:36 PM
likhovtseva is giving her the WHOLE court... she doesn't even look like she's moving on the baseline.... jeeez.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Lena broke Nastya's serve 7 times. It's a real weakness.
She can't break Mauresmo's serve.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Lena broke Nastya's serve 7 times. It's a real weakness.
She can't break Mauresmo's serve.
GL... that doesn't matter... this is like davenport/myskina, where one of the russians makes it to the final after an exhausting semi-final the day before....

they need to stop having these russia v. russia marathons in semi-finals!!! it's killing the winner of the compatriot match and they are just awaiting defeat in the final. that is why elena isn't breaking or holding serve.... this is just deja vu from 1 week ago, except i did not expect elena to be this tired....

the cat
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Nastyafan, a Vera/Anastasia Montreal final would have been great theatre and a fine match. :) But it didn't happen because they both dropped the ball and lost a golden opportunity to win a Tier l tournament. But Anastasia has won alot in the last year while Vera hasn't. Thus Vera has to be even more upset about losing yesterday than Anastasia is. :mad: And seeing how easy she would have had it in the final if she had just made it there has to make Vera furious with herself for not getting to the final. :fiery:

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Sometimes a loss is good for a player. Nastya and her coach have to study tapes of her serve.
Nastya should have been able to win that semi. But at 2-0 in the third, Nastya was broken 3 of her last 4 service games.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Natyafan, a Vera/Anastasia Montreal final would have been great thaetre and a fine match. :) But it didn't happen because they both dropped the ball and lost a golden opportunity to win a Tier l tournament. But Anastasia has won alot in the last year while Vera hasn't. Thus Vera has to be even more upset about losing yesterday than Anastasia is. :mad: And seeing how easy she would have had it in the final if she had just made it there has to make Vera furious with herself for not getting to the final. :fiery:
i don't see how you can say vera is more furious than nastya. that doesn't make too much sense...... vera was clobbered in 2 sets and was not favored to win the match.... myskina lost in a very tight match and was favored to win. on top of that she is trying to be #1 in the world and was going against her opponent in that race (mauresmo). vera is still very happy because she is now in the top 10 in the world. she probably is not very furious at all about the match against mauresmo... she was simply outplayed.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:07 PM
I said several times the biggest goal of all second category Russians is to prove that they can beat better Russians they give all their heart, physical and psychical strength in these battles as if they play in GS final and don't care about the foreign rivals. It's a matter of honour to beat other Russian, no matter that they lose to 0, 1 to someone who slink to the final only with 3 sets win. That is a weird competition that developed Russian tennis to a high level but it is turning now in a suicide for them and I think the envy is a big factor here and probably soon they hardly will compose a team for FC like Americans

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:11 PM
That's nonsense. Vera beat Maria, then beat Golovin easy. Nastya beat Sveta, then beat Venus and Capriati easy.
They play hard against everyone. What you're suggesting is sick. You're a nut.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:13 PM
cat, if vera was in the final it would have been a thriller again, Elena wouldn't gift the match to other russian friend

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:19 PM
You're a lunatic.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:22 PM
That's nonsense. Vera beat Maria, then beat Golovin easy. Nastya beat Sveta, then beat Venus and Capriati easy.
They play hard against everyone. What you're suggesting is sick. You're a nut.
Golovin still isn't on their level and Nastya usually plays strongly against other top player, she doesn't play out of her mind only against Russian
and that 2-0 lead and 7 breaks you repeated about 10 times think out something else, nut

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Golovin beat Dulko, who beat Lena D. These players don't tank matches when they're not playing Russians.
You're a dope.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:33 PM
cat, if vera was in the final it would have been a thriller again, Elena wouldn't gift the match to other russian friend
i hope that's not true nastyafan, that would be kind of pathetic if it was. if you're tired you're tired, i don't think it matters who elena played... she was in a final, so if the only reason she would try harder is because she was playing against another russian, then she doesn't deserve to be playing top ranked tennis. that would be a disgrace.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:35 PM
It's crazy to think Elena wanted to lose because she wasn't playing a Russian.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:43 PM
What do you show GL how many synonyms of your stupidity you know.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:45 PM
You make it easy to think of all forms of stupidity.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:50 PM
i hope that's not true nastyafan, that would be kind of pathetic if it was. if you're tired you're tired, i don't think it matters who elena played... she was in a final, so if the only reason she would try harder is because she was playing against another russian, then she doesn't deserve to be playing top ranked tennis. that would be a disgrace.
playing another Russian obviously inspire them. Yesterday she was cramping, had blisters but wascontinuing running as mad. Today she looked uninterested and helpless again a player who lost in first round last week and could do the same in every round this week

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Tell that to Capriati and Schiavone. They couldn't get a set off Lena.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Elena didn't wan't to lose just didn't want to win like yesterday
and i doubt if she wants her friend to be #1

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:58 PM
The big difference is that Elena took the first set in 27 minutes.
Today she couldn't break, and fell behind. At 1-4, she was tired and had to take chances.
Nastya started so slowly, Lena was in control from the start.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:03 PM
but after losing 6 games in a row cramping she suddenly found strength to run as mad and to turn the match again

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:15 PM
If you watch the 2-0 game, it was all Nastya. She only had to play decent tennis, to go up 3-0.
Mauresmo never let her break. That's a huge part of the game.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:29 PM
i watched third set from 2-1 but i saw one raging Elena runing everything and ready to die for the win. Today she wasn't ever trying to stretch when momo was passing her

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:32 PM
She was trying until she fell a break behind. But she was very tired today.
If Nastya wants to be world #1, she has to hold the lead in the third set.
I think Mauresmo would have beaten both Nastya and Lena last night. Not 1&0, but straight sets.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:46 PM
She was trying until she fell a break behind. But she was very tired today.
If Nastya wants to be world #1, she has to hold the lead in the third set.
I think Mauresmo would have beaten both Nastya and Lena last night. Not 1&0, but straight sets.
completely disagree on that one GL. there is no way mauresmo would have won in straight sets last night.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Nastya was serving 0-30, 3-5, 3-6 last night. I think Mauresmo would have done even better against Nastya.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Nastya was serving 0-30, 3-5, 3-6 last night. I think Mauresmo would have done even better against Nastya.
those 2 were playing a completely different style than mauresmo and it was russian v. russian. you throw tactics out the window, it is just a battle.

Nastya wouldn't have played that style against mauresmo, that's the whole point. it's a day-to-day thing... you can't compare how someone played in the final the next day to how they could have played against someone in the semifinal the day before.....

that's like saying in soccer that when england beat germany 5-1, if england would have played like that again they would have beaten brazil the day before. sports don't work that way....... that's why they're sports.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Mauresmo has beaten Nastya 6 out of 7 times. And I don't think Nastya was playing well last night.
I think Mauresmo would have won in straight sets.

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:14 PM
i know... you already said that. and we agreed to disagree.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:17 PM
maybe yes, maybe no we don't know
we know that Momo chokes in big matches. And that would have been a big match - if Nastya would have won she would have been almost surely the next #1, if Momo - she would have had a small advantage. That match would have been a battle of nerves, we saw Momo playing bad in her first 3 matches, it isn't clear how she would have played against Nastya and Nastya playing in her best can beat Momo

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Mauresmo played very well against Vera. I think Mauresmo was improving all week.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:33 PM
We have to wait to see Nastya-Amelie, because Nastya lost last night.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:34 PM
and Nastya played better than Momo 2 weeks

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Did she? Mauresmo beat Sprem and Bovina. That's debatable. It depends how good Rubin is now.

Nastyafan
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:51 PM
but Nastya won all matches in straight and momo in 3
and Nastya had 4 wins in San Diego but Momo -0

deckham
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:51 PM
yes GL... it's obvious myskina played better in san diego. mauresmo lost to molik in her first match.... myskina was in the final. myskina lost in the semi's in montreal. i think it's safe to say myskina was overall playing better tennis.

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Amelie won one title, and lost early. Nastya started well, but didn't end either tournament well.

French Open champ Myskina declines comment on suit over topless photos

Sunday, August 08, 2004
MONTREAL (CP) - French Open champion Anastasia Myskina declined to comment on her lawsuit against GQ magazine and a photographer over topless photographs in a Russian magazine.
After her semifinal loss to fellow Russian Elena Likhovtseva at the Rogers Cup tennis tournament on Saturday night, Myskina said: "I can't comment on that story. My lawyer said I can't answer the question. That's all I can say."

Mr. Myskina
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:13 AM
she's still number 1 in my heart

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Nastya is the Russian #1, and the world #3 next week. I was just surprised that she had her serve broken in 3 of her last 4 service games.
But Nastya would have had to win Montreal and Sopot to reach #1.
And the long night match meant she probably wasn't going to win Montreal.
If she wins Sopot, she's still #3.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Did anyone see her interview after the match? In another forum I read she has cried. Is that true?
poor Nastya please don't cry:crying2: :hug:

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:12 AM
I saw her walk off the court, she wasn't crying then. Being #1 right now, just wasn't meant to be.
Nastya should try to win Sopot. And then the gold medal. Montreal is over.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:38 AM
yep.... she is currently #3 in the world and she is only going to get better...... is it possible for her to be #2 at the end of Sopot before the olympics?

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:43 AM
No, she's #3 if she wins. And Davenport is 3300 and Nastya 2400 this year. So this was her only chance.
That's why I thought she would play L.A., then San Diego, then Montreal.
But she wanted to spend more time in Moscow.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:57 AM
what's this then?

1 Justine Henin-Hardenne 4916
2 Amelie Mauresmo 4331
3 Anastasia Myskina 4141
4 Lindsay Davenport 4044
5 Kim Clijsters 3622
6 Elena Dementieva 3177
7 Jennifer Capriati 2689
8 Maria Sharapova 2462
9 Vera Zvonareva 2082
10 Svetlana Kuznetsova 2003

this is what eggy posted in challenger......

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:06 AM
That's the last 52 weeks. Justine has a lot of points coming off. So Nastya had a little window to reach #1.
But she needed to come to California earlier.

Daniel
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Actually i think we will see in Athen how Nastya , Momo and JHH do, juju and Momo falling early could giv Nastya a touch of the #1 ranking
Good luck :kiss: :bounce: :clap2:

Daniel
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Good luck in Sopot :kiss: :bounce: :clap2:

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:22 AM
You're right. Anastasia still has a chance for world #1.
If she wins the gold, and becomes #1, that would be like a dream come true.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Nastya can also reach #1 with a strong US Open -

1 HENIN 4515
2 MAURESMO 4332
3 MYSKINA 4135
4 DAVENPORT 4044

To Defend
Henin 1074 at US
Mauresmo 127 New Haven 218 US
Myskina 210 US
Davenport 210 New Haven 408 US

Daniel
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Indeed, a stron performance in Athens and USO will give her the #1 ranking
Go Nastya D

Daniel
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Vamos Anastasia in Sopot ;)

cool_olga
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:02 PM
So she's here..Hard to believe but it's true :D Nastya in Sopot, yay!

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Oh I still thought she will withdraw in the last moment, but it didn't happen.This is maybe the most unwise decision she has ever made. Theoretically she can gain here maximum 146 points, practically - less. This is the amount of one semifinal win in Athens or last 16 in NY against high ranked opponent. But this tourney may cost her much earlier loss there. And she had a slight injury in Montreal, why does she risk to aggravate it?:confused: Athens tournament starts on Sunday, so Nastya will have to play on Monday at the latest, and on Sunday she may play the final in Sopot - that's just madly:mad: .
I'm not excited about this tourney. I doubt I will be happy ever if she wins. It's weird, but maybe it's better if she loses her first match, but it would be very bad for her confidence. I just don't know what I want from this tourney.
Only I'm happy that Ola wil meet her and our idol, they will speak, maybe eat ice-cream together. :lick:Tell her, Ola once again how devoted maybe crazy about her fans she has here, that our dream is to see her on the top of the ranking and lifting big trophies, that she may make us happy and desperate but she will be always #1 in our hearts.:hearts: :inlove:

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Nastya wants to play in this tournament. It would have been easy to play L.A. and San Diego. They are near each other.
Then Montreal, and Nastya could have been world #1, and at the Opening Ceremony.
So there is something about this tournament that she likes.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I know she likes this tournament and wants to play there, she explained it in an interview for Polish tennis magazine
But that doesn't change the fact that if she wants more an Olympics medal or world #1 this's an extremely unwise and risky decision

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:13 PM
So she's here..Hard to believe but it's true :D Nastya in Sopot, yay!
I'm excited for you olga! I hope you enjoy your time there, and like nastyafan said, maybe you'll have a chance to sit down with her and eat some ice cream.... :p . I love the fact she's playing Sopot this week because it shows she's not just doing it for the points in the rankings. From interviews we can tell just loves the fans (and the ice cream) in Sopot and she just likes to come back and enjoy herself and play tennis. You can't ask for too much more than that. :yeah:

If possible let her know that although she is not one of the biggest names on tour here in the united states, she has very dedicated and loyal fans to her over here in the united states as well. We will try to make her feel at home if given the chance. :) i would definitely try to make her feel like at home if i make it up to new york for the open. ;)

Have fun olga and root our nastya to victory... :worship:

the cat
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Interesting thoughts from Nastyfan on the Russina's and the pride they display when they play each other.

deckham, I think Vera was more furious than Nastya was because Vera has never been ti a Tier l final while Anastasia has. And Ana lost to her best friend in the semi's so I'm sure part of her was happy for Elena. Vera lost a golden opportunity when she blew that first set against Mauresmo. And she blew the tiebreak too after being up 5-1. That's why Vera had to be furious with her loss while Nastya wasn't furious with her loss of Likhovtseva who is her best friend. Incidentally, I winder what Dementieva thinks of Myskina calling Likhovtseva her best friend? I bet Elena D. isn't pleased. :sad:

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I think Vera can handle a loss to Mauresmo. Nastya can accept her loss.
You have to move on. Focus on the current match.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:04 PM
What is the meaning of "interesting" cat - agree or disagree?
I don't think Vera has more reasons to be furious than Nastya - Vera is still in the begining of her career, she will have many more opportunities to win tier 1 or maybe slams. For Nastya it may be proved that this was the only opportunity to be #1. And as I said I think these girls put much more heart and desire in the battles with their compatriots than with foreign players.
I don't think the loss from your friend is less painful .Quite the contrary, you never expect a kindness from your enemies, you are mentaly ready for the battle and eventually for the loss. But with your friends it's more difficult to prepare for a merciless battle, maybe Nastya hasn't expected such a fierce resistance from her "best friend" who knew how badly Nastya needed this victory. I think Nastya obviously wasn't expecting this resistance and she succeeded to get into the mood only in the end of the second set. Therefore I think the stab in the back from your "best friend" shattering your life-dream is more painful.
I hope Nastya has already another " best friend"

the cat
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:15 PM
We agree on some stuff and disagree on other stuff. Such as Vera losing a bigger chance that Anastasia did in the montreal semi's. Ana will be in plenty if Tier 1 seminfinals. But will Vera? I will hope so. But her game isn't as reliable as Nastya's.

I bet Nastya's best friend is still Likhovtseva. :D This is only tennis and you don't change best friends because of tennis.

And Nastya's lifelong dream isn't shattered. Ana will recover from that loss to Elena L and likely go on to attiain the #1 WTA computer ranking at some point.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:26 PM
If Nastya's goal was to be world #1, she would have come to Californis earlier. There were 3 tournaments there. Then after Montreal she could have rested this week.
I was saying this a month ago. Stanford had only 2 good players. It was a lock to make the semis.
If Nastya wanted to be #1 that badly, she would have played Stanford.

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I was saying this a month ago. Stanford had only 2 good players. It was a lock to make the semis.
If Nastya wanted to be #1 that badly, she would have played Stanford.
Nastya is smart,
Nastya is bright,
Nastya will strike
When time is right.

the cat
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Maybe becoming #1 on the computer isn't that important to Nastya. But doing well in Athens and the U.S. Open is important to Nastya and she has set herself up to do welll at both of those tournaments. Myskina sees the big picture in ehr career. I have no doubt about that.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Nastya is steady. Nastya is bold.
Nastya is going to win the gold.
Nastya fights. Nastya's the best I can see.
Nastya is going to win this Tier three.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:20 PM
I'm sure Vera will be in tier 1 finals soon her game improves quickly.
To be #1 is one of 4 main goals for Natya and she wants it badly, she has said it in her interviews
I want to believe Nastya still will be #1 but her chances dropped sharply after her loss and momo's win. With a win in the final Nastya would have been almost sure #1. Therefore I doubt Nastya is the best friend of Elena. I think I would always make this gesture, give this chance to my best friend. 50000$ aren't so many for these millionaires.
And it isn't necessary she to tank the match, but why did she played with that fury as if her life depended of this match, why didn't she show a piece of this desire against Momo?

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
It's all a plan to keep Nastya from being #1.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Yes, unfortunately I think the envy has a part here. Momo is far, but Russians are compared between themselves, it isn't very pleasatly for some of them one Russian to gain all laurels.
We have one sayng -"it isn't important to be good to me, it's important to be bad to the neighbour."

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Why would Lena L. want to win that match? She doesn't need the 50 thousand, right?
Why did Frazier try so hard at Wimbledon? Is she Russian?
Why did Serena beat Vera and Lena D. in L.A.? Is she Russian?
Look how Kim fought against Nastya in Melbourne. Is she Russian?
You're out of your mind.

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:54 PM
It is just a game. Lena played a tournament of her life. Nastya would be offended at a mere thought that Lena could have "given" something to her. And so would Lena.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:58 PM
When Vera had 9 matchpoints against Nastya, Nastya served for the match in the second set.
Nastya knows it's on her racket. If she plays well, she wins without drama.
If Nastya is not playing well, her opponent is going to try to win the match.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:05 PM
but they don't claim to be someone's friend
and Serena, Kim win too often and Elena's only big wins are agains Nastya

and ys i said she didn't have to "give" necessarily, but why didshe play with more fury than she usualy does?
and one real friend if she wants can always give some small gifts without her friend to realize

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:09 PM
This week Elena beat Schiavone and Capriati. This week was hers'. But Nastya still could have played better.
Vera lost to Dechy and Craybas. It happens.

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:15 PM
and ys i said she didn't have to "give" necessarily, but why didshe play with more fury than she usualy does?
You mean, she tried harder than against Capriati?

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Of course it happens, but one real friend can don't allow it to happen. And she had cramps, she knew she had 0 chance next noon, why there isn't a bit team, national spirit and they always play so that the winner to have 0 chance against the foreigner next day

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:21 PM
There are matches like that every day. It's because neither player takes control.
Why should Elena tank if she was still able to run around.
If Nastya held at 2-0, 30-15, and came out strong the next game, Elena might have folded.
But we'll never know.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Nastya is still better player than Vera, so Vera was playing better than usually this match to be so close, it isn't Nastya playing out of her mind against Vera

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:29 PM
because Nastya needed this win much more now and she had better chances against momo
next year may happen Elena needing badly points and then Nastya would return the gesture if they are so good friends

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Nastya served for the match in the second set. And missed 2 overheads in that game.
Nastya should have beaten Vera in 2 sets. She knows it.

If Nastya needs the points so badly, then don't have 46 UE's.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:37 PM
why can't Russians and friends unite agains mutual enemy?. This year Nastya had the chance to be first Russuan #1 and 2 her best friend ruined that chance. Next year maybe Vera or Elena will need one win to play in YEC and Nastya will close the door for them

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Because Elena is not a multimillionaire who wants to be famous for tanking matches.
Elena wanted the points and the money for herself. All the players do.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:40 PM
no one wants to make UE but it happens
even some players lose only because their errors, they are never beaten

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:41 PM
guys ... these conversations are getting out of hand.

nastyafan, there is absolutely no way that likhovtseva was going to deliberately tank against myskina. that's absurd. She is playing to win (and to win money as well) and she is not going to just throw that all away. I think myskina would have been very ticked off if she even thought that likhovtseva was going to give her the match. That would be an embarrassment to the sport and an embarrassment to the 2 players. You have to earn everything, nothing comes easy. It's the russians competitive nature against each other which is amazing and great for the sport. For the past few months when the russians play one another they are tight, intense matches that are extremely fun (and nerve racking to watch). But they do have so much pride and try extremely hard against one another. That is why you'll never ever see one of them tank a match... they all want to win and i'm sure they think it would be great if nastya made it to #1... but they don't want nastya to stomp all over them on her way to #1.

let's get back to our nastya in sopot continuing her race to #1... she's still got a hell of a chance here !!! the least points to defend out of the 4 going for #1 and she still has the olympics to go for the gold and then the u.s. open where she could end up taking the #1 ranking.... this is all extremely exciting! nastya made it to the finals and the semi's of 2 big tier 1 events... you can't win them all, but she's always in the running.... and that gives us something to cheer about.... :) :) :)

nastya nastya
you're doing so great
olympics start soon
your fans just can't wait

you're going for the gold
you're going for number one
we all are so proud
please get the job done... ;)

GO NASTYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel: :woohoo: :drink:

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Sveta lost 2 straight matches 6-4 in the third. Neither to a Russian. There are always close matches.
If you don't want to be in a close match, then play better than your opponent.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:45 PM
elena is a multimillionaire she has a lot of doubles titles
and i don't understand the friendship who cost less than 50000 for a multimillionaire when your friend needs them

vaiva
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:48 PM
What was this pointless discussion about?

and one real friend if she wants can always give some small gifts without her friend to realize

Tennis matches are not meetings of Good Samaritans.

Both Nastya and Lena L are professionals. And a true professional has no room for friendship or sympathy when he/she is at work. Off court: Yes. During the match: No.

Besides, Nastya had plenty of "gifts" when Lena L was serving for the match. Do you remember those second serves? They barely rolled over the net like in a slow-motion movie. Nastya had her opportunities but did not capitalise on them. And lost. Period.

Let's talk about Sopot. What the hell is Nastya doing there? :confused:

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:48 PM
and i don't understand the friendship who cost less than 50000 for a multimillionaire when your friend needs them
Man, just stop it here.. Nastya will get to #1 on her own without anyone's assistance and it will only make it sweeter realising that everyone was fighting their butts off against her.

vaiva
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:52 PM

Please, stop insulting Nastya and Lena L.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:57 PM
I think she's in Sopot because she likes the city.
cool olga should ask Nastya why she's playing this week.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:00 PM
nastya already said she loved sopot and the fans there.... she's doing it for enjoyment and probably to continue her good form... :yeah:

did everyone just ignore my previous post altogether? :awww:

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:01 PM
deckham, but they are toooo competitive against each other and not so against foreigners because that competition takes away all their mentally and physical strength.
Who wins - foreigners.
I still think one true friend should help her friend reaching her life-drem of course without stipulation and without her friend to realize that
they will be happy if she reaches #1... maybe , but it remind me of Bush' love to Iraq

vaiva
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:05 PM
My question was rhetoric. Sopot makes no sense.

Oh, and deckham, I always ignore your posts :p

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:07 PM
deckham, but they are toooo competitive against each other and not so against foreigners because that competition takes away all their mentally and physical strength.
Who wins - foreigners.
I still think one true friend should help her friend reaching her life-drem of course without stipulation and without her friend to realize that
they will be happy if she reaches #1... maybe , but it remind me of Bush' love to Iraq
always with these united states analogies/metaphors nastyafan... :fiery:

it is not just nastya's lifelong dream... it's all of the russians. every single one of them want to be #1. and yes, it is very true that whoever wins those battles are mentally and physically drained, but there is nothing that anyone can do about that. i know it's very unfortunate that happens because it makes way for a very lopsided final... but that's just the way things have been working lately because the russians are so great right now in tennis. 3 russians in the semi means at least 2 have to play each other in the semi's... meaning, more than likely, the winner (especially since the all russian semi always seems to be the night game :fiery: ) will have to pull off a miracle in the final.

Nastyafan
when did i insult Nastya vaiva?

about sopot i wrote my opinion earlier

deckham
My question was rhetoric. Sopot makes no sense.

Oh, and deckham, I always ignore your posts :p
vaiva... that's not very nice.... i may be a very sensitive guy.... :p

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:11 PM
indeed deck, we can change nothing but I still can express my opinion. isn't the forum about this

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:12 PM
indeed deck, we can change nothing but I still can express my opinion. isn't the forum about this
yeah ofcourse you can :yeah:

i'm just having a hard time seeing your side on this one....

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:17 PM
yeah ofcourse you can :yeah:

i'm just having a hard time seeing your side on this one....why, don't i make myself clear?

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:18 PM
An opinion that Elena should tank a Tier I semi because she plays a friend is childish.
And that's a nice response.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:21 PM
why, don't i make myself clear?
making yourself clear isn't the problem... you've done that quite well trust me.

i just think GL, vaiva, me, and ys hold another opinion..... that's why this conversation isn't going to go any further. we believe that tanking the match deliberately is out of the question and absurd. you feel that likhovtseva should have laid down and given the russian #1 a better shot at reaching the world #1...

it doesn't appear any one of us is going to change our view, so we should all agree to disagree and move on to other things...

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:38 PM
i would agree with you if elena was playing more often that way.
but playing Nastya with that fury, runing like mad agains her friend and tanking the match next day without a slight try to fight against an opponent who hardly won every match isn't naturally to me. I don't thin she thanked deliberately the match to momo but she has much more desire, rage against Nastya, that isn't fairly to your friend either
is the friendship the inspirator of her fighing spirit?

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:42 PM
i would agree with you if elena was playing more often that way.
but playing Nastya with that fury, runing like mad agains her friend and tanking the match next day without a slight try to fight against an opponent who hardly won every match isn't naturally to me. I don't thin she thanked deliberately the match to momo but she has much more desire, rage against Nastya, that isn't fairly to your friend either
is the friendship the inspirator of her fighing spirit?
likhovtseva just did the same thing that nastya did the week before ... no gas left in the tank. and likhovtseva was on fire during that tournament... it wasn't ONLY against myskina... yeah, maybe a bit more b/c of russia v. russia, but she drilled capriati the day before. it's just i don't think capriati is a good player anymore, so likhovtseva beat her in straight sets.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Exactly that a bit more bothers me
it's normally to play a bit less because on the other side is your friend, you can't see only your opponent or enemy. That's why Nastya usually plays a bit less against her compatriots
but elena manages to play a bit more and i ask myself - is she a true friend, what inspire her more - the pure ambition or the envy?

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Exactly that a bit more bothers me
it's normally to play a bit less because on the other side is your friend, you can't see only your opponent or enemy. That's why Nastya usually plays a bit less against her compatriots
but elena manages to play a bit more and i ask myself - is she a true friend?
i disagree entirely.... i play harder against my friends because i want to hold the bragging rights.... it's natural for me to want to beat my friend more. and nastya has been playing not as well against her compatriots lately, but that is her own fault. you can't blame that on her "friends". as a friend, i would want to kick my friend's ass.... :drink:

they are professionals... it's their job... no friends on the court.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:58 PM
You're crazy. They all want to win. Especially in semis at big tournaments.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM
i don't play tennis but i play bridge. i just can't concentrate again my friends as against people who dislike or don't know. Maybe because I have nothing to prove to my friends, i don't take big pleasure beating them, it's much more pleasantly to me kicking someone's ass i dislike

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:16 PM
and you gl are elementary
everyone always wants to win but not always succeeds, motivation is a big part of the success and it's strangely to me that they are more motivated against friends

cool_olga
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I will finish transcript tomorrow. In some moment it was really funny. Marat said something and Nastya was laughing laud. She is so pretty live really. I hope to see her training tomorrow, I really look foward to maybe talk to her a bit if I see her training. Just hope she will be on show courts.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I will finish transcript tomorrow. In some moment it was really funny. Marat said something and Nastya was laughing laud. She is so pretty live really. I hope to see her training tomorrow, I really look foward to maybe talk to her a bit if I see her training. Just hope she will be on show courts.
:angel: try to talk to nastya olga!!! we would love it!!! :worship:

you make me like nastya more with your words... she just sounds like such a down-to-earth girl......... :hearts:

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:23 PM
it should have been a loooong pressconference:worship:
but wasn't it in english?
anyway we will await it with impatience

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:24 PM
nastyafan.. that's just a mental block... the fact you don't try as hard against your friends is just you being unable to. you have to put that sort of stuff aside when you are playing. especially when 5 russians are in the top 10.... you have to know how to put your feelings aside... you have look across the court and see a blank face. you try to not like that person across from you. just part of the game...

you become friends again once you meet at the net at the end.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Nastya has always been friendly, and always easy to get along with.
no suprise to see and Marat get along, they've known each other for years and years.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:32 PM
i keep looking for something that would make me not like nastya... but i'm not seeing anything..... she's just so lovely.... :) :drink: :)

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:38 PM
but deckham, yo can never abstact completely who is your opponent and the players don't deny it. The personality of your opponent always influences you and your play.. and the question is when you can play better - when you have positive or negative feelings to the person on the other side. i think the second case

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:43 PM
i know all this nastyafan, but that's just the way it goes. you have to ignore all those factors... it's hard to ignore everything... but you have to do your best to forget those positive feelings and focus on your game (and negative feelings if you have any)

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Nastya has always been friendly, and always easy to get along with.
It is actually an interesting thought. It is not just that she is an easy to get along with. Being very ambitious and taking things very easy, accepting things around her as they are and trying to do her best in those conditions - all combined in the same person. Three future superstars starte in the same tennis club. One leaves to train abroad . The other leaves for a rival club because she thinks her coach doesn't give her enough attention. The third stays with the club and tries to achieve her best. All three achieved a lot. But guess which one achieved the most? Maybe having a naturally cheerful personality does not matter in tennis. But maybe it just does..

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:52 PM
it's no need to forger your negative feelings - they give you more fire, fury, desire
and i think there is one feeling that inspires some russians and especially elena - the ENVY

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:56 PM
it's no need to forger your negative feelings - they give you more fire, fury, desire
and i think there is one feeling that inspires some russians and especially elena - the ENVY
yes... envy is a very big part... i don't deny that. that's why they try so hard. it's only natural.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
It is actually an interesting thought. It is not just that she is an easy to get along with. Being very ambitious and taking things very easy, accepting things around her as they are and trying to do her best in those conditions - all combined in the same person. Three future superstars starte in the same tennis club. One leaves to train abroad . The other leaves for a rival club because she thinks her coach doesn't give her enough attention. The third stays with the club and tries to achieve her best. All three achieved a lot. But guess which one achieved the most? Maybe having a naturally cheerful personality does not matter in tennis. But maybe it just does..
i agree entirely ys.... she just has that kind of personality and work ethic. she sticks with her club, guts it out, takes everything in stride, helps the poor people in her community, and is enjoying herself. she should be a role model to all russians growing up. She deserves everything she's earned... :)

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:08 PM
interesting thoughts ys, but i doubt the naturally cheerful personality is necessary for being successful, from the tennis elite only Nastya and maybe Kim have it in my opinion, maybe Nastya would have achieved much more if she has had a bad personality.... but in that case we wouldn't have loved her so much:inlove:

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I like the AMBITION word more. ENVY means something else.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:16 PM
a bit of both i must say.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:18 PM
but i think the envy is more precise - the ambition inspires you to prove yourself against everyone, the envy - against someone

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:22 PM
a bit of both i must say. Nothing of the kind. For most of Russian girls, I believe.

Envy = I am not successful. I don't want you to be successful too.
Ambitions = I want to be successful just as much as you.

I believe our girls have positive thinking. People with negative thinking achieve nothing. Our girls are great and are champions and we have no reason whatsoever to think that they could have that. You could suspect me in being envious. I can suspect you. We can't suspect them to be envious because all of them are tremendous success.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Nothing of the kind. For most of Russian girls, I believe.

Ambitions = I want to be successful just as much as you.

I believe our girls have positive thinking. People with negative thinking achieve nothing. Our girls are great and are champions and we have no reason whatsoever to think that they could have that. You could suspect me in being envious. I can suspect you. We can't suspect them to be envious because all of them are tremendous success.
lol ys... if you're going to post the meanings of the words then give them the proper definition....

Envy is not that definition you gave.
Envy is a feeling of discontent and resentment. A desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
.... I am sure the russian girls are very envious of nastya.. they want to be where she is and they want what she has.

Ambition is just a strong desire or a goal to reach.
.... They want to make it to #1 as well.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Nothing of the kind. For most of Russian girls, I believe.

Ambitions = I want to be successful just as much as you..agree with these definitions
but deckham is more precise

I believe our girls have positive thinking. People with negative thinking achieve nothing..Do you really believe it? It isn't a tale it's the real life, the good doesn't win always. I could give examples but I will make angry deckham again;)
Our girls are great and are champions and we have no reason whatsoever to think that they could have that. You could suspect me in being envious. I can suspect you. We can't suspect them to be envious because all of them are tremendous success.let's hope

ys
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Envy is not that definition you gave.
Envy is a feeling of discontent and resentment. A desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
Wrong definition. Not only wrong. Almost irrelevant and confusing. I want to be as beautiful as Elena D. ( :haha: ). Is it envy? I want to earn as much as my good friend and I am putting a lot of effort in it. Is it envy? No way.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Wrong definition. Not only wrong. Almost irrelevant and confusing. I want to be as beautiful as Elena D. ( :haha: ). Is it envy? I want to earn as much as my good friend and I am putting a lot of effort in it. Is it envy? No way.
actually... yes to both questions....

are you sure you know what envy is ys?

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Do you really believe it? It isn't a tale it's the real life, the good doesn't win always. I could give examples but I will make angry deckham again;)
let's hope
go ahead nastyafan... i'm curious to see the examples of this one...

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Wrong definition. Not only wrong. Almost irrelevant and confusing. I want to be as beautiful as Elena D. ( :haha: )..but if i can't i can throw aid in her face
Is it envy? I want to earn as much as my good friend and I am putting a lot of effort in it. Is it envy? No way.but if i can't i can cause some loss to him

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:00 PM
go ahead nastyafan... i'm curious to see the examples of this one...well our friend G.W...

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:02 PM
well our friend J.W...
G.W. ...... ;)

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:05 PM
G.W. ...... ;)
pff you are too quick

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:07 PM
lol! sorry.... ;)

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:14 PM
lol! sorry.... ;)i tried whether you will guess with only one letter and you did:bigclap:;)

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:16 PM
i tried whether you will guess with only one letter and you did:bigclap:;)
yeah.... i kinda knew where you were going with that.... :yeah:

but what example are you talking about with our G.W. ?

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:19 PM
yeah.... i kinda knew where you were going with that.... :yeah:

but what example are you talking about with our G.W. ?
that people with negative thinking sometimes achieve something

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:20 PM
that people with negative thinking sometimes achieve something
yeah... people with negative thinking do achieve something.... just never anything positive or better for the world.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:29 PM
of course they don't think about the world

oh after today's discussion it seems i'm with negative thinking as well:sad:

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:31 PM
that might be true nastyafan... but that's only towards russian players playing our nastya... so we'll let you slide on that one....

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:35 PM
I don't think positive or negative affects problem solving. You can be an evil genius.
It's hard work and an understanding of your situation. And what you want to accomplish.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:39 PM
that might be true nastyafan... but that's only towards russian players playing our nastya... so we'll let you slide on that one....
i'm just trying to save our dear Nastya:inlove: from other people with negative thinking to her (IMO):unsure:

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Nastya will miss the Opening Ceremony. So she better win this tournament.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Nastya will miss the Opening Ceremony. So she better win this tournament.
i am a bit upset about that... i wanted to see nastya walking around the track for the opening ceremonies..... :bigcry: looking all fancy and everything....

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:44 PM
She wants to play Sopot. Earlier this year, she said she wanted to play fewer tournaments.
This plus the Olympics, is a lot of tennis.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:46 PM
She wants to play Sopot. Earlier this year, she said she wanted to play fewer tournaments.
This plus the Olympics, is a lot of tennis.
she is playing alot of tennis... i know. because she's enjoying herself... she WANTS to play these tourneys.... that is what's so great about it.

Nastyafan
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I dont worry about the ceremony, but can't imagine how she will play on Sunday in Sopot and on Monday in Athens:eek:

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:55 PM
our nastya will hopefully win most of her sopot's in straight sets.... she'll be good to go..... positive thinking nastyafan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink:

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I don't know the Olympic schedule. They'll have to let her play last.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:04 AM
1st rd is on Sunday and Monday, so no chance for a rest and adjustment

what means most deckham she should win all in straight but still...

ys
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Name me an achiever with negative thinking.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:11 AM
i gave a political example, but from players - Davenport

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:11 AM
The ones who start the wars throughout history.

ys
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:17 AM
The ones who start the wars throughout history.
Wars are a very positive thinking. Starting a war they are trying to achieve something for themselves. In our context, anything that has an objective of achieving for yourself is positive. Anything directed to ultimately preventing others from achieving something is negative. Continue.

ys
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Tonya Harding is negative. Gunther Parche is negative. If I haven't made myself clear enough yet.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:24 AM
strange understanding for positive thinking ys:eek:
so, if you kill someone taking pleasure in it is positive?

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Starting wars is being negative. Continue.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:27 AM
and starting a war don't you prevent others from the chance to live?

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:34 AM
guys we went way off topic again... what the heck are we talking about?

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:34 AM
How about white collar crime. Which happens in business every day. Plenty of wealthy crooks in the corporate world.

We are talking about Nastya being nice. And playing too much.
And having her serve broken too much.

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:41 AM
oh GL ... i can always count on you to bring out the worst of an already bad situation.

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I hope Nastya wins Sopot, and is ready for a top effort next week. That's asking a lot.

ys
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:43 AM
guys we went way off topic again... what the heck are we talking about?
I am just in a bit of a gloomy mood and I am posting in accordance with that. Never mind. I still think I am right.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Wow I just noticed we have more than 5200 posts here:eek:
a month ago we were tied with Masha's forum - now they have only 4000

can we reach LenaD :unsure:

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:57 AM
But most of them aren't about tennis. So who cares?
The good cheering threads are about tennis. Like Vera's. I'm proud of that one.
This one and Lena D.'s are mostly non-tennis.

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Actually, I'm trying to chronicle the development of the player in each cheering thread.
So years from now, people can follow the players' career, how they progressed into stardom.
But as soon as a player does well, new fans come in, and the cheering thread becomes a chat thread.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:10 AM
all are related to tennis, sometimes we deviate a bit from tennis, but it's always related with tennis, players, their life.
we can't always discuss only forehands, backhands, serves - it's too boring and we aren't such experts

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:11 AM
lol... but we are nastya fans chatting to one another... usually concerning nastya.

the past 2 pages or so aren't... but oops... we can't be perfect.

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:11 AM
When I'm writing about white collar crime, I know I'm far away from tennis.

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:13 AM
pick a thread and stick to it GL..... you post the same stuff in every thread.... who are your favorite players ?????????????????????

you try to go around like the objective one in each forum.... we are fans... we are primarily subjective and would like to think the best of nastya and only nastya.... that's why we are only in this nastya's thread for the most part. we are highly opinionated and will think nastya is the best at all she does.... :) :drink:

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:18 AM
I think that's good, to interact with the big fans. See if I can change their view.
That makes the thread more opinionated than everyone saying - Go Nastya!
I don't mind differences of opinion. But this a thread about a tennis player. Not drinking.

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I want Nastya to win more majors, and get to #1. And stay there for a while.
I think she has to keep improving. She can't be satisfied, if she wants to be #1.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:33 AM
pick a thread and stick to it GL..... you post the same stuff in every thread.... who are your favorite players ?????????????????????

you try to go around like the objective one in each forum.... we are fans... we are primarily subjective and would like to think the best of nastya and only nastya.... that's why we are only in this nastya's thread for the most part. we are highly opinionated and will think nastya is the best at all she does.... :) :drink:Well said

I would like to be a fan like GL. She's never upset. She can become a fan of every player who wins - it was Nastya, then Masha yesterday Elena was the best Russian for her. She is a fan of all Russian and is always happy with every result. Even when non-Russian wins she concludes calmly simple "she is better" and is OK again. No emotion, no sentiments, no pain, no torture no anger
But I'm not. I take to heart every success and setback of my favs and especially Nastya. I suffer so hard with every her loss that I only hope she takes it easier...
It's not an easy way to be a fan, but I doubt I could be a different fan, probably if I was, I wouldn't have been here

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:37 AM
I think that's good, to interact with the big fans. See if I can change their view.
That makes the thread more opinionated than everyone saying - Go Nastya!
I don't mind differences of opinion. But this a thread about a tennis player. Not drinking.
hmmm... was that directed towards anyone? :rolleyes:

lol... i don't talk about drinking GL... that's just a celebratory signature of mine. jeez... you can't be so serious in these threads all the time... show some humor!! nastya's fans have personality!!!!

GO NASTYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

oh... and change their view???? that's not up to you..... they are fans.... not fairweather fans. you aren't supposed to change anyone's view... that's the whole point.

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:52 AM
I think Nastya has to believe that she must improve. Whether you believe it or not.
Fans can say whatever they want. The players have to work very hard. Physically and mentally.
I'm a fan of Nastya. And a fan of all these players.
I know how hard it is for Nastya to be Russian #1 for so long.
I know how difficult it will be to become world #1. Her game may not be there yet.
Nastya has a lot of work to do.

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:57 AM
I think Nastya has to believe that she must improve. Whether you believe it or not.
Fans can say whatever they want. The players have to work very hard. Physically and mentally.
I'm a fan of Nastya. And a fan of all these players.
I know how hard it is for Nastya to be Russian #1 for so long.
I know how difficult it will be to become world #1. Her game may not be there yet.
Nastya has a lot of work to do.
GL we know everything you just said.....

and no GL, you don't know how hard it is for nastya to be #1 russian for so long or how difficult it is to become world #1.

you can't keep making all these things up... there is nothing to gain from these types of posts from you.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:06 AM
keep drinking deck:drink: :drink: this is Nastya's cheering thread we need intoxication here.
if "Nastya has to inprove" could help her more i would write it 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000 times but the only things we can do is to cheer for her and to be happy with the reality

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:12 AM
"there is nothing to gain from these types of posts from you"

I think it's important to recognize how special these athletes are. To be #3 in the world, in the most popular women's sport. It's tremendous what Nastya is doing.
What I wrote is what a cheering thread is about.
Nastya is one of the greatest athletes in the world. And one of the hardest working.
I can't say it enough.

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:21 AM
"there is nothing to gain from these types of posts from you"

I think it's important to recognize how special these athletes are. To be #3 in the world, in the most popular women's sport. It's tremendous what Nastya is doing.
What I wrote is what a cheering thread is about.
Nastya is one of the greatest athletes in the world. And one of the hardest working.
I can't say it enough.
that's better!!!! we agree on this!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:23 AM
keep drinking deck:drink: :drink: this is Nastya's cheering thread we need intoxication here.
if "Nastya has to inprove" could help her more i would write it 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000 times but the only things we can do is to cheer for her and to be happy with the reality
that's what i do best nastyafan! :drink:

nastya nastya you're going all the way
where to we don't know quite yet.
more than likely you'll win gold and the open
and with that i think i'll place my bet.

go nastyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :banana: :wavey:

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:23 AM
I just read an interview with LenaD and she named Nastya as her friend although she said the true friendship is impossible in tennis
Nastya, you should name her too, if you don't believe me, believe Boris

She also said that she plays much better when she is embittered, so she confirms my proposition from the previous pages

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Lena L. wasn't embittered. That means nothing. The players are competitive.
Lena D. wants an Olympic medal. It doesn't matter what's said about her.
Nastya better be prepared in Sopot. Just like Lena L., anyone can have a great week.
Nastya has to be ready for it.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:32 AM
we here believe that Nastya is the greatest athlete and personality, there is no use someone to reiterate it to us, maybe it's better to write it in GM, maybe you will gain new fans

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:35 AM
it's harder to be embittered against your friend

Mr. Myskina
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:39 AM
nastyafan how right you are

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:43 AM
I'm going to keep saying that Nastya is a great athlete. And I have to keep saying that she needs to improve.
The teens are coming. And the best players are still around. Nastya has to get better.
She has to hold serve.

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:49 AM
thanks Mr. Myskina, finaly i have an adherent:worship:

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:04 AM
it's harder to be embittered against your friend
i never said that wasn't true nastyafan... i just said you have to not think it's your friend across the net..... you have to believe you don't like that person.

ys
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Embittered. If you saw that hug at the net between Nastya and Verun-Chick, the words like "embittered" or "envious" would be last to come to your mind. I am very proud that these girls are so nice to each other.

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:18 AM
That match was unbelievable. It would have been great if they met in the Montreal final.
They both got a wakeup call in the semis.

Daniel
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Go Anastasia :kiss: :hearts:

Daniel
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Good luck in Sopot :) :bounce:

pixy75
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Congratulations, ola:kiss:

cool_olga
Aug 10th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Oh My God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just talked with Nastya!!!! :eek:
Wow it is just so incredible! She was so nice, you won't guess. I didn't expect she will be so kind for me. When I told her if she got b-day book she made sweet suprised face ' It was from you???' and was thanking me a lot she said she loves it cus it has bear on it ( i knew she is collecting stuff animals :p)
I can even write now exactly, she even asked me if I will be here later :eek:
Best moment of my life, really, best moment, will write more later when I finish writing down the transcript :)

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:14 PM
:kiss: I'm very happy for you Ola... and maybe a bit envious (this word is stuck on my tongue these days:p )
How sweet personality is our Nastya, how many people does she make happy, does she suspect even that:hearts:
So she likes the bear, something about my make-up and your portraits?:p
I want to ask her so many things... probably some of them aren't very tactful and she won't answer... But as that's in my head last days ask her what does she think about these all Russian battles, why Russians put their heart and soul in them and there is nothing left for the foreigners. Ask her does she estimate now that she has allowed some mistakes in her preparation for the match with Elena, was she surprised from something... Ask her about Olympics too, is it still her major task, and does she think she will adjust so quickly to Athens corts, doesn't she feel a bit tired after these 2 weeks...
But enough questions. Of coure send her once again our greetings and wishes for many more triumph, Olympic gold and happiness in all her life. And tell her that her fans dont want to hear more about the retirement, she is so young, many future triums await her, she should make us happy many more years:inlove: :worship:

AKTW
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Congrats Ola! It was a very sweet memory. Nastya is so nice!
Thanks for sharing.
I'm looking forward to more reports from you.

Vass22
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Congrats Olya! I just love stories about how sweet Nastya is.

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Oh My God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just talked with Nastya!!!! :eek:
Wow it is just so incredible! She was so nice, you won't guess. I didn't expect she will be so kind for me. :)
WOW!!! You talked to Nastya!! WOW!!!

deckham
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:07 PM
wow olya! very happy for you! It's great that she took the time to speak with you and i'm very excited that she received the b-day book from us that you specifically made just for her. I must say though I am very jealous of you!!! Please keep coming back here and give us updates if you can... nastya just seems like such a wonderful young woman.. it's great to here. I'm sure you are asking the right questions and I hope you get the answers you're looking for. But forget about the questions!! Just keep having a conversation with her... I'm sure it's such a relief for her to know you are such a great fan.

Once again, congrats ola.... and remind nastya that her fans are always here for her and we support her in everything she does..... (tell her about our poems! ;) )

See you soon ola...

Nastya in Sopot,
Now that is just quite cool.
She spoke to our cool olga,
While I'd look like a fool.

We all are so so happy,
For nastya'ss simply great.
She'll win herself the gold
Her fans, we just can't wait.

We're always right behind her
She always tries her best.
Her heart and ofcourse her discipline
Separates her from the rest.

She's such a beauty on the court,
Our brown eyed Muscovite.
Always a total optimist,
She always sees the light.

So intense during battle
Very hard upon herself,
Oops I made a mistake,
I can't rhyme anything with herself... :rolleyes:

So win it in Sopot
And keep up your good form.
We know you have high standards
So keep above the norm.

Such an amazing athlete
The quickness is so rare.
She sprints and runs all over
It's almost just not fair... :yeah:

But above all else,
We want you to have fun.
It appears that you are,
So next is number one.

Go Nastya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :banana: :drink:

Nastyafan
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:25 PM
deckham we have the answer - Nastya drinks wine:drink:
http://www.tennisplus.ru/FileDownload.asp?FileID={4E336ACB-E514-4A50-98B5-4716138ECEC6}