PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

TheBoiledEgg
May 11th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Nastya plays Daniela Hantuchova in rd1 Rome

best of luck Anastasia :)

Irish
May 11th, 2002, 08:08 PM
This is horrible that Nastya and Daniela meet in the first round. I know they will meet up many times but meeting this soon in a tournament. This will definitely be a good match as both like to make their opponent run all over the court.
Two of my favs :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Cassius
May 12th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Ana plays Daniela in the 1st round:sad: .
I think this should be a great match and I'd love to be there, but unfortunately I can't:sad: :sad: :sad: .
Even though I like Ana, I have to be honest and say, I'd prefer it for Daniela to win this match.

auntie janie
May 13th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Yes, it is far from an ideal draw for Anastasia and Daniela! :(

But in my view, Daniela had her day in the sun in California, winning that big title there. So now it's YOUR turn, Stassy, for a day in the sun! :D Whup her in the first set and don't look back!
Start your run now, Stassy, so you can join the Russian Title Trend that your Fed Cup teammate Elena Bovina started! :D :D :D :D

TheBoiledEgg
May 14th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Anastasia won 6-4 6-4 :)

came back from 0-2 in 1st set and 2-4 in 2nd

well done Nastya ;) way to go girl :) and best of luck tomorrow vs Magui Serna

auntie janie
May 14th, 2002, 06:26 PM
YAY!!! Thanks, Egg! I was waiting for this result! :) :) :) :hearts:

A very good win for Nastya, especially coming from behind like that. I'm psyched! :D :D :D

No letdown tomorrow, Nastya! Remember what you did today, and what Elena Bovina just did! :D :D

Egg-- I am going to paste your whole message at CNNSI -- hope you don't mind! :cool:

FroggyLight
May 14th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Great to see Nastya beat a tough player and in straight sets too:D hope she wins against Serna!

TheBoiledEgg
May 14th, 2002, 09:51 PM
i don't mind at all Janie :)

Nastya needs another win to move up a bit further up ranks

go girl go, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cassius
May 15th, 2002, 12:02 AM
WOW!!!!!!!! I am suprised:eek: !!!!!!!!!!
Even though I wanted Daniela to win this, credit where credits due, a 6-4 6-4 win against Hantuchova is a very very good result for Ana. And to come-from-behind in both sets is even better!!!
I have to say, I think Hantuchova isn't playing anywhere near her best ATM, but its still a great win.
I think the left-handed Serna will provide a tougher test, but I think Ana should come through in 3 sets.

Irish
May 15th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Well, well, well, Miss Nastya. You never cease to amaze. I wanted Daniela to just squeak by you 'cause I was torn between you two. Was scared to find out the results.
Even though I am very, very sad for Daniela (she takes these hard), I am thrilled for you in your victory, especially over a very tough and strategical player. I knew this would be a good match but did not expect a two setter.
Nastya, go on to win more matches. You can beat Magui Serna...Daniela and Babsi beat her and you have beaten them both now.
Congrats on your victory. :D

CB
May 15th, 2002, 05:07 AM
yeah!!!!!

udachi Nastya! ;) amazing win!! :D

keep rolling girl! :D

CB
May 15th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Nastya has now 1073,75 pts :)

maybe 28th, it depends on her next results and the other players' performances (esp. Dechy)

:D :wavey:

TheBoiledEgg
May 15th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Nastya has won again 6-2 6-7 6-2 and into 3rd rd ;)

Nastya didn't have 1073.75 ....... she lost some cos of her 18th

she had 1065 now she has 1090 :)

Hurley
May 15th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Well done Nastya! :D This was a very important match to win.

She is so close to wrapping up a Top 24 seed at the French...then she'd get a nice 9-16 seed instead of a big bad 1-8 seed in the 3rd round. Maybe Nastya can make the fourth round or farther...I would love it :hearts:

One more win will do it; come on girl, get that Top Ten win! Dokic is ripe for the taking ;)

Davay Nastya :D

FroggyLight
May 15th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Udachi Nastya! Her last match with Dokic was 3 sets, so I think she can win this time! :bounce:

ys
May 15th, 2002, 11:01 PM
She is almost guaranteed that Top 24 seed. Unless Sugiyama beats Mauresmo ( highly unlikely ) she will be ranked at least #26 on Monday, which means that one more withdrawal ( besides Davenport ) would put her at #24 seed. With so many injured players it will take a miracle for that not to happen. But right , if she beats Dokic, she guarantees herself that seed, more than that, she would be one win away from Top 16 seed, which would be completely different thing altogether..

Hurley
May 15th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Well, my math shows you being right, ys, but Eggy says that she has 1090 points right now, not the 1092.75 I get. I guess her 17th best result is 2.25 points higher than the 18th result they list on the rankings. So that puts her behind Raymond :mad:

But I'm sure Martina is not going to play Roland Garros, which is terrible for me :sad: but great for Nastya :D

I hope she draws Dementieva in the 3rd round and wallops her ;)

Irish
May 16th, 2002, 01:34 AM
Congratulations Anastasia!!!
I am so happy for you *even though it took three sets* and that you are winning in Rome. (One of my fav cities)

Best of luck against Jelena. If the crowd is for her, block it out like you did at AI against Stevenson.

You can do it. Just focus and win. You made my day today. Only you and Anne Kremer won *for me*!!!

Go Nastya!!!!:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
May 16th, 2002, 04:27 AM
my calculations is that Nastya is currently @ #27
Ai is still in as well.

No Lindsay, Nathalie has retired to that takes her to #25 seed.

Hingis is a mystery, and that could take her to #24.

Nastya just do it on your own behalf and beat Jelena not only to get a better seed but improve your rank.

Udachi Nastya ;) :kiss: :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
May 16th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Nastya beat Dokic 5-7 6-4 6-3 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

way to go baby :) and good luck tomorrow vs Serena

what a great performance from Nastya ;) now she's got her rank upto #22

well done Anastasia but don't stop there, keep going baby :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Nastya is 1 point behind Tatiana

Tatiana 1165
Nastya 1164
and 5 points behind Schett who is #19

ys
May 16th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Am I correct that it is Nastya's FIRST Top 10 scalp?

I think so..:)
Definitely a breakthrough..:)

Good luck tomorrow...:bounce: :bounce:

Nina_rus
May 16th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Congrats Nastya! I knew she'd beat her!
pic from the match
http://www.sports.com/tennis/pictures/MDF83029.jpg

FroggyLight
May 16th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Thnx for the pic Nina, Congrads Nastya! Good match! Good luck tomorrow! :bounce:

Irish
May 17th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Congratulations Nastya with your win over Jelena Dokic. No small feat at all. Best of luck against Serena Williams tomorrow. :D

ys
May 17th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Interesting, so Nastya uses Western grip, not severe Western, perhaps even semi-Western...:eek:

the cat
May 17th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Congrats Ana! :D

Eggy, you should mind. The CNNSI boards are well below these boards! They don't deserve your posts! ;)

ys, is Ana has a western grip, then she should move to the west! Say America! :bounce: We're waiting for you Ana! :kiss:

Cassius
May 17th, 2002, 01:34 AM
HOORAAY!!!!!!!!!! for Ana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a good win over a Top10 player!!!
I have a little bit of her interview that she gave after the Dokic match (it only showed this bit on my Teletext):

'It's my best win ever. I felt I was ready to beat a top player, and today it happened.'

If only Elena D would feel the same.

UDACHI Ana against Williams.

CB
May 17th, 2002, 03:18 AM
<<<<<<<<< - :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Yeah Nastya!!!! Amazing feat, it's definitely her biggest win. Outlasting both Hantuchova and Dokic in a row aren't easy tasks AT ALL :D:D:D

Keep rolling Nastya twister !!!!! Serena will be your next victim :)

fresh2flash
May 17th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Well done Nastya. She really has a chance against Serena, who is a very straighfirward player. Don`t try to overpower her, but try to outplay :bounce: :bounce:

auntie janie
May 17th, 2002, 12:39 PM
HUGE congrats to Stassy, on what she says was her best win ever! :D :hearts: :D :hearts:

Now, do that again, kid! NEVER GIVE UP, no matter what the score is! :)

FroggyLight
May 17th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Sadly Nastya lost, and I was too late to post in the chat :sad: :( since it wouldn't let me enter :o But congrads for trying and fighting hard !!! Hope she does very well in RG (hopefully she'll win it :) )! Good luck Nastusha! Here's a pic from her match :

TheBoiledEgg
May 17th, 2002, 10:01 PM
poor Nastya........ she fought hard, just couldn't win the big points although she broke Serena's serve 4/5 times

Now a week rest then she's ready to kick some ass in Paris.

Here's to a great draw for Nastya and hope to see her in week two :)

Nastya will be in top 20 after RG

Irish
May 17th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Good try Nastya. You played well and made it to the quarterfinals. Rest up and I'll cheer for you at RG.:)

auntie janie
May 18th, 2002, 12:37 AM
A big week for Stassy, and another learning experience, playing Serena! :eek: Playing the top guns is fantastic for her. And this week she discovered, yes she CAN sometimes beat them! :D

Have a great week of rest and practice, Stassy! I hope you will finally get on US television during Roland Garros so we can get to see you play. :D :kiss: :D

Cassius
May 18th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Bad luck Ana:sad: :sad: :sad: .
Still, can't be too upset, she's had a good tournament and losing to S Williams is nothing to be ashamed of.
ATM, Serena is just a better player, and if I'm being honest I didn't expect Ana to win this match. But Serena has the big match experience and has won a grand slam, Ana is some way behind. But I have no doubt that, with a bit of luck, she'll do well in Roland Garros.
We can rejoice that she is still a developing player:bounce: . She has plenty of time, look at Farina-Elia, she's played her best ever tennis the past couple of years and she's now 30 years old. So theres still plenty of time yet for the Russian girls to get there act together:) .

fresh2flash
May 18th, 2002, 09:45 AM
That was great match!!! I saw it yesterday live and didn`t have time to bring some beer ;). Excellent try, she made Serena (and Venus who was wathcing the match) feel nervous. She tried to reach every shot and several times won a point with a supurb return. It was the best match of Ana I`ve ever seen!!! Keep trying and you will beat Serena someday.

ys
May 21st, 2002, 06:08 AM
Interview with Nastya and her father..

http://www.gzt.ru/rubricator.gzt?rubric=sport&id=12550000000003206

Cassius
May 25th, 2002, 03:45 AM
Its nice of you to post the interview YS.

To bad I can't read any of it.

fresh2flash
May 25th, 2002, 10:06 AM
BTW, very interesting interview, espl the part when Myskina answers the questions herself. I was surprised when she said that her boyfriend is an Italien guy called Mauro. So she is through with Artyom Derepasko I guess? She`d love to play mixed doubles with Marat Safin and doubles with Dinara Safina. She likes to dance very much and has visited Moscow`s 16 tonns dance club (well-known place in Moscow) recently.

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Not heard any Italian Player named Mauro before so ???

Cassius and for others .......... roughly translated from altavista.

Dances on Kort
On the past week it reached chetvert'finala of the open championship of Italy, after conquering before this the last year's champion of tournament - sown under the sixth number Helen Dokich from Yugoslavia.In this season Anastasiy Myskina unexpectedly for many became the tonic of Russian tennis.Nastya grew on the stadium " Spartacus ", in Shiryaevom field in Sokolniks, where many our stars were trained/aged in their time.Andrey Chesnokov, Anna Kurnikova et al.Friends call it we.During July by her will be carried out 21 years.Is trained/aged Nastya in well-known tennis-player Svyatoslav Mirzy.Encounter with the star of Russian tennis took place on the native stadium in the week before the tournament of large helmet - " Rolan starting " in " Paris Of garros ".Thus far Nastya was trained/aged, questions answered its father Andrey Myskin.

- Andrey, you did suspect, that from your fumes will grow the future star of Russian tennis?
- star - this is loudly said, to be more precise, asterisk.Nastya was born on 8 July, 1981, not far from Shiryaevki - already this fact indicated which in the world of the sport Of nastya will be not last person.It learned in the usual Moscow school number 364 on the old-suburban street.But for the first time is taken racket in the hands, when it were only four years.Then we acquired family subscription and walked tennis to the stadium "locomotive '.Nastya by hours did not move away from the trainer:it listened to it with the opened mouth and trapped/caught each word.Somehow trainer approached us and said that girlie it would not interfere with returning into the section of tennis, indeed it passed not one ' adult ' aging/training.

- but from four years into the section of children they do not assume/take...
- into five years we showed its Spartacist trainer Rouse Islanovoy, mom of Marat and the dinars Of safinykh, who became her first trainer.It sufficiently rapidly placed technology to girl, and Nastya learned to strongly beat along the ball to the left and to the right, strongly to supply and rapidly to leave to the grid.It progressed with the years, and years five back in it appeared the second trainer - Svyatoslav Mirz.He began to be occupied with the daughter individually, and this rapidly brought results.Girl began successfully to appear on different competitions and with respect to its age little for whom from the contemporaries it was possible to take above it precedence.

- studies did not prevent agings/trainings?
- sport rarely prevents normal child from successfully learning.The successes in the sport even help with the studies.Comes confidence, and this main thing in any matter.Nastya to the eighth class daily attended school, and then began tournament- journeyings, and it was frequently it necessary to pass/return examinations individually.It is good that the teachers understood this and did not place stick in the wheels.

- what in To nasti nature?
- on - on horoscope NastyaIt obstinate and knows how to attain its target/purpose.They indicate that those originated from 2 through 11 July are frivolous, curious, ironic, inclined to the commerce.Agree I can only with the fact that the girl is curious and assigns so many questions, which everything to now and then me even is complicated answer, and then I re-address it to the mom.On the horoscope cancer/crab have natures opened, and nature - dreamy.Other cancer/crab - these are people with the well developed intuition;it is difficult not to agree with this.How often had the occasion to see, as the rivals of daughter "will braid intrigues on Kort ', and snow crust nevertheless succeeds in playing to the lead/advance.No, horoscope will not lie, that cancer/crab - most frequently people are considerable, loyal friends and interesting collocutors.

Nastya adores nature.You would see it, when she is selected to the dacha.But as she loves to run barefoot on the wet grass, and as into the heat is doused by water from the hose!Very often she walks to bathe to The klyaz'minskoye reservoir.Even terribly it becomes now and then, because it swims in very far.

- you do agitate?
- well and as!It away not to drive on with the children the football, it loves into cartridges and chess.Here it took a trip into Austria and it directly inflamed by mining skis!

- daughter further to learn does not intend?
- Nastya - student of the Russian academy of gymnastics and sport.It in me learns constantly.And on Kort, and in VUZ ¨l - Institute of Higher Education¨m...

Finally after aging/training appeared Nastya itself.Tennis player easily agreed to answer several questions.

- Nastya how you are occupied, when there is time?
- reading and music.It recently read the "American tragedy ' of Theodore Dreiser.It is healthy - it was pleased.Are written 70 years ago, and action as if now occurs.Music I love to listen to any - under the mood.

- the happiest day in the life?
- when won its first professional/occupational tournament in Palermo.The first success arrived at me in the main city of island Sicily.To me were memorized there churches in the style of baroque, and god helped me in the finale to re-play Spaniard To anzhelu Mantolio.this is the great success - to win tournament with the prize fund for 140 thousand dollars.

- the saiest case?
- they occur frequently.Usually after damages/defeats I to weeping.Directly on Kort.

- the dear kitchen?
- Chinese.Fig with the hen and with the sauce - this is overeating.

- dream?
- to enter into tens of strongest tennis players of peace/world.

- that you most of all do love in the life?
- to win!

- A you do not love?
- when dad by me sometimes increases voice!

- the dear color?
- black.

- you have a friend?
- it they call Mauro, and it lives in Italy, in the town Goritsiya.Earlier it tennis, and now it works in the computer firm.Thus far we associate in the English language.It is older me by six years, and we were introduced to it at the tennis tournament, which was conducted to its native city.

- animals you do love?
- yes!The especially scottish setter be proud, that dwells in our apartment here already two years.His dad presented to me on the birthday.

- with whom you do dream to play in the mixed discharge/digit?
- With Marat Safinym!But in the pair - with its junior sister/nurse Of dinaroy, who now also is trained/aged in Spain.But with Marat we are friends with from the childhood - indeed his mom was in me the first trainer.

- you have an idol?
- Martin Khingis from Switzerland.

- to dance you do love?
- I adore.Recently it visited cloud/club "16 tons ', in red Presnya.Dances I prefer rapid!4 them I call "dance on Kort '!

- which most of all was pleased in Italy?
- spaghetti!

- the best gift on the birthday?
- mobile telephone.

- deficiency in the nature?
- me it is easy to offend, but 4 not rancorous.

- what qualities does value in you trainer?
- Svyatoslav Petrovich repeatedly noted my perseverance in achieving of goal, my calmness on Kort and in the life.And still - complete mutual understanding with the trainer.

- in that you do play besides tennis?
- into the football!I will compulsorily be ill for our on the championship of peace/world.

Irish
May 25th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Thank you TBE. Greatly appreciate the translation.

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Nastya plays Shinbu Asagoe

pretty good draw if you ask me, expect her to get thru in routine fashion. Hope she can win her 1st RG match :)

go Nastya ;)

Cassius
May 26th, 2002, 01:08 AM
Thanks EGGY:).

the cat
May 26th, 2002, 01:25 AM
Thanks Eggy! You're a dear!

Her boyfriend might not even be a player.

Cassius
May 26th, 2002, 01:41 AM
CAT, she said her boyfriend used to be a player, but now he works in a computer firm.

the cat
May 26th, 2002, 07:43 PM
I wish Ana good luck in her relationship with the Italian. But she should give American men a chance with her! ;) Can you imagine all the college and pro football players in America who would love to date Anastssia? The line of men to date Ana would go from New York to Los Angeles! Her incredible legs, sleek and unique athletic beauty and niceness would be greatly appreciated by American men! :bounce: There is no doubt about that! :D

The same goes for Elena Dementieva! :kiss:

Udachi Ana! :hearts:

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Nastya :sad:

how she lost this is unbelievable :sad:
6-3 2-0 up
lost 11 games in a row
then fought back from 0-5 to 5-5
had BP for 6-5 lead but lost that and then serve :(

what a bad loss :(

come on Nastya, get your act together on the grass and cya soon ok :)

bubble
May 28th, 2002, 03:22 PM
:sad: :sad:

Gonzo Hates Me!
May 28th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Yes, I have just heard the news. I am so mad. I was hoping she would be the story of the slam or something, 'cause there's always one! Ans everyone would wake-up. But man

the cat
May 28th, 2002, 03:46 PM
What a disaster for Ana! :eek: Whener a Russian girl becomes a good player, she immediately regresses! :sad: The same thing happened to Dementieva. What is going on? Once a Russian girl feels high expectaions she falls apart. It's so maddening! :mad:

Hurley
May 28th, 2002, 09:47 PM
What a terrible loss :mad:

I'm so sad...frustrated...disappointed...angry :sad:

Looks like Nastya couldn't deal with the pressure and conditions...and to blow that lead to a qualifier best suited to faster surfaces...stunning :mad:

I thought she was done choking :fiery:

Justine out too...and Petra, Daja...four of my big favorites :(

Maja, Anna, Iroda my favorites left...looks like they will all lose their first round tomorrow ;) :sad:

What a terrible tournament :(

ys
May 28th, 2002, 10:46 PM
I am not surprised. In fact, I kinda expected that. It is very difficult to expect anyone to perform well at a Slam to which they come under pressure of expectations early in their career. Look, Dokic is still struggling. She won a bunch of titles, but since she won the first title, she is struggling in Slams. Henin and Clijsters came as favourite at this RG, and here we go, one is gone, the other just escaped. Mauresmo was considered a serious contender at last year French Open for the first time in her career. First round loss. Upcomers tend to surprise when they come to play Slam with no expectations. But since expectations are already there - they struggle.

I expected this one, and hopefully she'll do better at W.

Irish
May 29th, 2002, 01:11 AM
Sure am disappointed, more so because she was well ahead. Plus, she was thought of as a threat by other posters whose fav she faced later in the draw.

Nastya, take a break and good luck in Missouri and Wimbledon.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

the cat
May 29th, 2002, 01:31 AM
Irish, what's in Missouri? :confused:

ys
May 29th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Springfield, MO, the home of her WTT team..

Irish
May 29th, 2002, 04:02 AM
Yep Cat, what Ys posted. Thanks Ys. I couldn't remember what it was called when I posted.

sartrista7
May 29th, 2002, 02:06 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: very distressing loss, especially as Nastya'd been so consistent this season. A huge chance to get to the QFs... I wonder if that's what made her choke?

A horrible, horrible, horrible result :fiery: Hopefully it was just a fluke bad loss and she'll storm the grass season.

CB
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:47 PM
What's my baby Nastya doing on Page 2? :mad: :rolleyes:

Her grass season:
Birmingham, Eastbourne and Wimby...

what the heck is she doing in WTT! She should be practicing on grass. Want a bold prediction? 2 quarterfinals and a 4th R in Wimby :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:58 PM
WTT is after Wimby ;)

good luck Nastya ;) will be there to cheer you on next week :)

CB
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:02 PM
oh cool!

Are you attending the tourney Eggy?
Great! Have you got a player's pass? :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:17 PM
I'll be down there, not got one yet but should be no problem for Birmingham event

Irish
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:47 PM
She is looking for an American boyfriend. ;)

Good luck Anastasia in WTT!

Cassius
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:54 PM
:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: @IRISH.

Irish
Jun 8th, 2002, 03:56 PM
:wavey: Cassius. I know you and CB have first chances for *her hand*. :) :angel:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 8th, 2002, 04:24 PM
LOL ........ they got no chance, Nastya wants a real man not a toyboy.

fresh2flash
Jun 8th, 2002, 05:21 PM
And Eggy knows that man I guess ;)

Cassius
Jun 8th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Hey EGGY, I wouldn't mind being Ana's or Elena's or Lina's toyboy.;).

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:05 PM
i bet you wouldn't, she is very nice after all.

Nastya plays either Selima Sfar or Stephanie Foretz in Birmingham

best wishes Nastya :)

auntie janie
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Yeah, good luck! :)

Irish
Jun 9th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Good luck Nastya!!:bounce:

Cassius
Jun 9th, 2002, 01:47 AM
Good luck in Birmingham Ana!!!!!!

I bet you wouldn't, she is very nice after all.
EGGY, what does the fact that Elena, Lina and Ana being nice girls have to do with toyboys?
I said I wouldn't mind being their toyboy and you said they're nice. I know. I can see that. Thats why I wouldn't mind.

auntie janie
Jun 12th, 2002, 11:56 PM
I thought Anastasia was playing today? Any news?

Oh, there, I found it on the WTA site back page only! :o

(6) Anastasia Myskina (RUS) d Stephanie Foretz (FRA) 62 75 :D

*Izzy*
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:01 AM
:wavey:

I saw Anastasia play Stephanie today at the DFS classic, (well, I saw a couple of games, anyway):sad: and she's amazing. Very impressive.:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:06 AM
She was pretty impressive indeed and she had "3 Aces" in one game to serve out 1st set :D
never seen her or many women do that.

Nastya had to fight a bit harder in set two but came through unscathed and was pretty pleased with the win.

and she's fairly confident of making QF

auntie janie
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Oh!! Lucky you, Frey! :)
But you should have watched her whole match. :(

Wow, Egg, that sounds impressive. Elena and Anastasia are ready to ROLL in Birmingham! :cool: :cool:

Irish
Jun 13th, 2002, 02:05 AM
Thank you Frey and TBE. Glad she is playing so well. She is great to watch *in person*. Did she talk to herself on the court? :)

Great match Nastya. Keep winning!!:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2002, 05:56 AM
she always talks to herself ;) even when winning.

and she also "bounced" her racquet when she let slip the lead in set 2

*Izzy*
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by janie
Oh!! Lucky you, Frey! :)
But you should have watched her whole match. :(

I wanted to, but was getting dragged home by my non tennis loving mum.:( :o

But I saw her walking round during the day and also practicing, but I wish her match had been one of the earlier ones.:sad:
She always looks so focussed and elegant on court, it was nice to see her. :)

Eggy, were you the bloke in the baseball hat?;)

auntie janie
Jun 13th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Oh, that's too bad, Frey! I wish your Mum liked tennis. :(

Great come-from-behind victory for Anastasia today, over Alex Stevenson. Well done! :) :)

ys
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Nastya needs the next win, it'll perhaps give her a Top 16 seed at W..

CB
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Wohooooo!! Congrats Nastya!

Myskina d. Stevenson 3-6 6-2 6-3

Some comments of this match Eggy? I thought it would be easier ;)

CB
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Nastya ranking

I'm not very good at maths, but let's see:

Nastya's current ranking - 22
Points - 1164
Off this week: 32
Total: 1132

Earned:
Quarterfinals points: 37
Quality for beating Foretz and Stevenson - 4 +15 = 19
Total: 1188

If she beats Maleeva:
Semifinals points: 66
Quality for beating Foretz, Stevenson and Maleeva - 4+15+23
Total: 1240

Tatiana Panova - 21st - 1203 points
Off this week: 1
Earned this week: 1 :rolleyes: (lost to Daniilidou in R2 after a bye in R1)

Magdalena Maleeva - 20th - 1213
Off this week: 0
Earned this week(so far): 37 + 8 + 2= 47
Total: 1260 - above Nastya, even if she loses

Tamarine Tanasugarn - 19th - 1224
Off this week: 22
Earned this week: 1
Total: 1203 - behind Nastya, if she wins

Patty Schnyder and Iroda Tulyaganova will be above Nastya anyways...

So probably it will be:
16 - Tulyaganova
17 - Schnyder
18 - Maleeva
19 - Myskina

I hope I'm right, hehe.

CB
Jun 13th, 2002, 05:02 PM
If Myskina wins semifinal against:

Nicole Pratt - 103+10+42+1132 - 1287
Anne Kremer - 103+23+42+1132 - 1300

She will be ranked close to 17, 16, it depends on Iroda and Schnyder :) Udachi!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Izzy ?? which baseball caps ??? there were lots in caps

Today Nastya started of slow on serve anyway even though she broke for 1-0.
she played a bad set but then began to hit deeper and harder in set 2, she had her left finger taped for blisters in set 2 (at *3-2)

Served better in sets 2/3, she had to fight and save BP at 2-2 in 3rd and after that it was plain sailing.

Most of the players that weren't playing were watching, and all hoping Nastya would win
Alinka, Magui, Asagoe, Ai, Els, Elena Tatarkova, some coaches of theirs.
Nastya got a really good round of cheers after she win :)

Nastya needs to beat Maggie tomorrow and on grass it favors her with her speed and movement.

then we can look to whatever can unfold on Saturday.

Best wishes Nastya on Friday :)

*Izzy*
Jun 13th, 2002, 10:06 PM
I'm thinking you were the 5'7ish dark guy who walked past with a programme covered in autographs and gave me a knowing look.:) Please tell me if I'm wrong...

Congrats to Nastya today, glad she started playing better as she went along. Good luck against Maggie.:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Nope, i had no programme and no autographs, so u got the wrong guy.

i'm 5'9

*Izzy*
Jun 13th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Ok, sorry. I was the weird looking short girl sat side on to the court. :p

Irish
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Thanks TBE and also for the match info. I do remember her talking to herself in her match with Alina.

Great win for her today. Same as AI with Stevenson taking first set and then Nastya playing wonderful in 2 and 3.

Keep winning Nastya!!!:D

Irish
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:13 PM
In the Jul/Aug Tennis magazine, they have a section called On The Move and they featured Nastya. It says....

"Fans could be forgiven for having had high expectations for Anastasia Myskina. After all, in 1999, just three days after her 18th birthday, the youngster from Moscow won the title in Palermo in only her second Sanex WTA event. Though she has yet to win a second singles title, she finally seems to be making her move after two years of hovering near the Top 50. This year she's advanced to the quarterfinals in four events and taken sets from Jennifer Capriati and Venus Williams. Along the way she also reached a career-high No. 29 in April."

She is wearing a blue top/blue skirt outfit in the pic.

Ironically, it has an article on Alex Stevenson on fitness and health. :eek:

auntie janie
Jun 14th, 2002, 07:32 PM
YES!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

7-6 in the third over Maggie -- this is the very type of match that Nastya was losing earlier in the year! And now she's into the semis -- see what a good influence our Eggy is? :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 14th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Nastya pulled if off again, a very slow start, played really bad sprayed balls all over, had bad calls, slowly she turned things around :)

now i can look forward to tomorrow and the semis :)

Go Nastya and make the final baby :)
will be tough vs a grass court player but i'm sure Nastya has one or two tricks up her sleeve (she doesn't have any :o)

Irish
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:53 AM
Keep cheering Nastya on TBE. It's working.

Great win Anastasia!!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!!

auntie janie
Jun 15th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Okay! She's into the final, and today she managed to take care of business in straight sets. Well done!

JUST ONE MORE MATCH, ANASTASIA! There is NO reason not to take this title! :)

bubble
Jun 15th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Congrats Myskina!

Go for your 2nd title! It's due! :)

:bounce:

ys
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Incredible, even making the final does not put her at #18. She is still #19 and will be seeded #17 at Wimbledon unless she beats Dokic or someone withdraws.

CB
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:48 PM
wohoo Nastya :)

Even if you don't get a top 16 seed in Wimby, we're sure you'll crack things up there!

Udachi in the final against Dokic :)

Irish
Jun 15th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Good luck tomorrow Nastya. You need to come out very strong early. Sure hope you can win the title.

Go Nastya!!!!:bounce:

*Izzy*
Jun 15th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Congrats, Nastya! :D

Good luck tomorrow against Jelena- we know you can do it.

auntie janie
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Here is is a match report from my cyber-friend, sid:

"Myskina v Pratt

This was the better game of the two semis. Myskina was very solid off the ground, especially the backhand. Her forehand was a bit of a slapshot IMO - she seemed to hit it quite late a lot of the time. I was also impressed with her serve. She got quite a few aces with a big serve down the T. Pratt had more idea of how to play on grass, slicing and coming to the net more often, but didn't have enough quality in general to impose that game. She did have quite a bit of success with the drop shot. Myskina would get to the ball but Pratt was there to put away the volley. There were some really long, and good, rallies in this match. I enjoyed it.

Myskina does have a nice pair of legs."

ys
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Myskina does have a nice pair of legs.

And that's a bottomline..:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Nastya was always in control really, much more power and hit winners of both sides, and her 1st serve is much improved.

Nastya's biggest asset on the grass is her movement, speed and agility.
She hit some pretty impressive passing shots in set 2, thats when Nicole decided to come in more.

a woman behind me said how does she hit that hard, her arms are so skinny ;)
timing is how :)

FroggyLight
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:01 PM
First of all congratulations Anastasia for getting into the final :D

Second I'm working on a site for Anastasia and I'm wondering if any of you guys have some junior pics of her or her off court pics,etc. If you guys can contribute it would be greatly appreciated, you can either post them here or pm me.

Thanks in advance :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:23 PM
not sure about any junior pics as she played that before the days of *****************.

off court pics are available on the sanex site.

Froggy you seen her unofficialsite www.myskina.com ?

FroggyLight
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I've seen it I was just wondering if there are any more pics.

auntie janie
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Petr Korda had skinny arms too, but through great timing he could whack the daylights out of the ball. And he won a Slam. :)

Irish
Jun 15th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Thanks Janie and TBE for the match reports.

People at AI said the same thing about Nastya's arms being so skinny yet she could hit so hard.

Irish
Jun 16th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Nastya, I wanted you to win so bad. :sad: :sad: You had a great week and I am very proud of you.

You did fight though and didn't let her pound you.

Good luck at Wimbledon. DFS was a great start for this.:D

auntie janie
Jun 16th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Rats!!!!!! :sad: :mad: :sad: :mad: :sad:

I await Eggy's report -- my Brit cyber-friend sid did not attend the final.

auntie janie
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:56 PM
"Three double faults in a row from Myskina cost her a second break of serve in the first set, putting her down 1-5." :eek: :eek: :eek: :fiery:

PLEASE don't become Anna, Stassy! :sad:

Nina_rus
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:34 PM
I'll scan some pics, Froggy :)

Very sad Nastya lost, she'll beat them all next time though ;)

Nina_rus
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:36 PM
http://www.sanexwta.com/assets/story_image/biirmginjhamfinals0616web.jpg

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Nastya didn't do herself justice out there, she served pretty bad today and was always on the backfoot, also Jelena didn't miss either which added pressure. Jelena's drop shots were working good for her.

Nastya did 3 DF in a row to get broke for 1-5 in 1st.
Although she did break back another DF on set pt cost her 1st.

started of 2nd in a good way with good deep shots and even did some of her own dropshots to give some of her own medicine back, Nastya played a bad 3rd game and got broke but broke again in 5th and had a chance for 4-2 but didn't capitilise.
3-4 down got broke again, Jelena serving for match was 0-40 with a couple of good shots from Nastya, then Jelena hit a service winner, a dodgy Ace to make it 30-40 and another good serve and that was that.

Nastya still had a good week and is still upbeat for Eastbourne and Wimbledon

Irish
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the report TBE and Nina Rus for the pic.

Are they laughing at the *trophy*? And Nastya doesn't get even a smaller one? Hmmph

auntie janie
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the report, Eggy. Too bad her serve deserted her, but all in all a great week for her. I'd love to see her go in to these events with Jelena's level determination to take the title. But that will come! :)

auntie janie
Jun 17th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Myskina, although troubled by a shoulder injury, is enjoying the best year of her career but she still professes to a dislike of grass.

After an early exit from the French Open at Roland Garros, she put in hours of extra practice on the surface. Her dedication paid off in her performances this week, which included a straight-sets defeat of Nicole Pratt, of Australia, in the semi-finals.

EGGY!!!! What do you know about this shoulder injury?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 17th, 2002, 01:47 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with her all week, just in final she served bad due to nerves.
The only treatment she got on court was for blisters during Thursday's match.

She doesn't like grass all the much but she knows how to play on it and win on it.

auntie janie
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Strange, I wonder where the shoulder injury info came from? This article was on WTAFans.com, who said it was from Time.com or some such site.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 17th, 2002, 04:45 PM
i've not seen her injury being reported on any other site.

strange ????

Cassius
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:22 PM
I've just seen the Dokic-Myskina match on re-run on Sky Sports and I was suprised how fast Ana is when she's moving round court. And her backhand is great. However her serve let her down.
Also, didn't anyone think her 'skirt' was a bit strange. It was very short (nothing unusual there) but it had slits in the sides that went up to her hips. With the amount of flesh she was showing, I don't know why she bothered to wear the skirt at all. And she showed her underwear quite a bit aswell. Bright blue knickers:hearts:.

EGGY, you went to the final, right? You weren't wearing a pink T-shirt were you?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:25 PM
me in PINK, you got to be kidding.

Cassius
Jun 18th, 2002, 12:10 AM
I didn't think it'd be you. But it looked like the stadium was almost empty, and the man in the pink shirt was taking a keen interest in Ana.
So I thought:
'EGGY will be there, the stadium looks almost empty and this man likes Ana very much.'
So I thought of you:p.

I like Ana's game (now I know what her game is actually like). Her backhand is very good and she moves well doesn't she.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 18th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Nastya won 6-4 6-4 vs Patty :)

well done girl , pretty comfortable win :)

good luck tomorrow and hope you win, wanna see you on TV later in week

CB
Jun 18th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Thanks for everything Eggy! It's a pity we don't have much pics of this tournament! Nastya is improving a lot!!!!! Udachi!!

Wimby's draw has been released, and finally she didn't get a lousy one

She's on the 3rd bracket
Seeded 18th

R1 - Eva Dyrberg - DEN
should have no trouble
R2 - Arn/Selyutina - GER/KAZ
easy as well
R3 - Serna/Grande/Mauresmo
the only one that I think that could really damage Nastya is Grande. Mauresmo, pfff :rolleyes: I hope she faces Amelie - juicy bonus ;)
R16 - Mary Pierce, Sandrine Testud, Zvereva :rolleyes: and Nicole Pratt. Should pass by as well.
QTR - Now that's a Slam quarterfinal. Shouldn't be easy, of course.
Jennifer Capriati/Eleni Daniilidou.... or maybe: Alexandra Stevenson :rolleyes: :D

That's enough now... lets see how things will go! She's got to win her R1 first of all, hehe ;)

DAVAY NASTYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish
Jun 18th, 2002, 11:25 PM
Great win today Nastya over Patty Schnyder. :D

Cassius
Jun 19th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Nastya beat Schnyder?
WOW!!!!!
Well done Ana.
I like Patty, but she often doesn't do as well as she should. I think she's a bit too timid.

Who's Nastya play next?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Nastya beat her indoors so grass is no big deal

Patty would be lucky if she was the 400th best on grass

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Nastya won again :)

7-5 7-6 against Ai :)

way to go Nastya and do it again tomorrow :)

CB
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:01 PM
:eek: :eek: Tough victory against Ai!!!! Well done Nastya!!!
Quarterfinals now?! ;) Who does she face?

Udachi Nastya!!!! Enjoy this grass season! :)

CB
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:07 PM
One more win, semifinals now :D:D:D

6-2 7-5 over Anne Kremer.

Come on Stassy!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 20th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Nastya is #16 now :)

one more win and she is into 2nd final in a row and #15 then
come on Nastya :)
believe it girl :)

bubble
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Wow, she is catching Elena D. :)

All the best Nastya! :)

Cassius
Jun 21st, 2002, 12:06 AM
I saw Nastya beat Kremer today live on Eurosport.
Nastya blew Kremer away in the first set, but seemed to get a bit jittery in the second, but she pulled through.

She plays Daniela Hantuchova in the SF.

auntie janie
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:10 AM
Stassy's climb in the rankings is amazing! :)

Best of luck to her tomorrow! It will be a really different type of match, but I think she can do it. :)

Cassius
Jun 21st, 2002, 05:01 AM
Here are 4 photos of Nastya in action at various times through-out her career.

Cassius
Jun 21st, 2002, 05:03 AM

Cassius
Jun 21st, 2002, 05:04 AM

Cassius
Jun 21st, 2002, 05:05 AM

fresh2flash
Jun 21st, 2002, 05:39 AM
I`m looking forward to that match :bounce:

Nina_rus
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:31 PM
Nastya beat Hantuchova 6-1 6-2 :) :bounce:

auntie janie
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:49 PM
WOW!! I am stunned by the lopsided score. No slow start or mid-match loss of concentration here! WELL DONE, STASSY!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Now, WIN THE TITLE! :D

Nina_rus
Jun 21st, 2002, 03:06 PM
Nastya pics from the Sanex site :)

http://www.sanexwta.com/assets/story_image/myskinaballs0619web.jpg

http://www.sanexwta.com/assets/story_image/myskina2006winweb.jpg

*Izzy*
Jun 21st, 2002, 03:11 PM
Congrats to Nastya on her win today, that was *really* impressive.:D

I hope she can win this, and then have plenty of confidence going into Wimbly.:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 21st, 2002, 03:25 PM
that was an awesome performance from Nastya :)

hitting winners from all over, brill lobs, passing shots, returns :)

good luck Anastasia :)

uptpo #15 now :)
she can't go anymore higher this week but still points and a title up for grabs :)

Vanity
Jun 21st, 2002, 03:36 PM
I did not expect Anastasia to beat Hantuchova with such a one-sided scoreline! :eek: Good stuff!
I hope she takes the title now! #15 in the world.... hard to imagine she nearly dropped out of the top 100 at one point last year!

auntie janie
Jun 21st, 2002, 03:36 PM
Wow, thanks for the report, Eggy! :)
I didn't know till now if it was Good Stassy or Bad Daniela that caused today's outcome. I am SSOOOOOOO happy to hear that it was Amazing Anastasia! I also love the way she closed it out without any hiccups! She has come so far in the last few weeks. :)

But of course, we knew all along that she could, and would. :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 21st, 2002, 03:39 PM
Vanity ..... she dropped to 119 just before US Open last year
but that was mainly due to having to regroup after 4 months off after surgery and it took her until June.
but she really made her move from New Haven onwards

auntie janie
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:22 PM
I finally saw Anastasia play on tv!
I saw everything that Eggy said. :)
But my favorite thing about it was Anastasia's unwavering focus through the whole match, and the way she cruised throught the game where she served for the match, without a sign of nerves.
If she can play that way in the final, it's hers. :) :) :)

Vanity
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:28 PM
eggy, i didn't know she dropped that far :eek:
I saw her hovering around the 100 mark once, but I guess I didn't notice her back then...
If she continues to play the way she did today, not only will she take the title but she could pull some surprises at wimby :)

ys
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:40 PM
it was Anastasia's unwavering focus through the whole match
She is getting higher rankings now, you are going to see her more often.. You are going to see how incredibly streaky she is..

Cassius
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:47 PM
I only saw the second set, and it was Nastya's brilliant play rather than Daniela's inadequecies that won the match.
Someone posted a thread in general messages saying that Ana was very lucky that Daniela didn't play well and that she doesn't have a hope against Rubin.
They also said that Ana is very lucky that her shots drop just inside the line. Well, if a player continues to hit just inside the line, at first sure it could be very lucky, but after a while surely its because they're very good at hitting the angles. The person who started the thread doesn't seem to think like that.
I'm still amazed by Nastya's backhand. It's great. I love it.

auntie janie
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:04 AM
Anastasia herself said she was lucky on some of those shots -- this from the BBC site:

"Myskina admitted that luck was on her side against Hantuchova in Eastbourne.
'I played very well but I was also fortunate,' she said. 'A few points were marginal and the umpire said they were good.' "

Hit 'em just like that again tomorrow, Stassy, and you'll be fine! :)

Incidentally, I have put the poster "mboyle" on my Ignore List, and am so pleased that I won't have to read his ignorant posts about Stassy's looks any more! :)

Cassius
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:18 AM
Yeah I saw her after match interview. She said she was a bit lucky that her shots were inside the lines, but isn't every player lucky when that happens?
I think she was being polite.
I also agree that MBOYLE must be blind for calling Nastya ugly.

Irish
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:37 AM
mboyle has been on my ignore list for about two months. He/she said something really uncouthe about someone (can't remember but it was BAD) and it only took that once. I saw his/her comments and they were cruel.

Please don't take me wrong but having been face to face with Nastya, she is very beautiful and this was after three sets. ;) I was surprised she didn't have any sweat for all that. Maybe she is like Anna K. as one fan of hers said during her match, "She doesn't sweat, she glistens." We thought that was cute.

I also can picture her being polite about her play and her opponent.

I hope Nastya wins tomorrow. :D

auntie janie
Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:27 AM
Thank God for that Ignore List feature! :)

I think Anastasia is stunning, really exotic looking. And you could tell from her expression after the match how sweet a person she is. I am thrilled that she is coming into her own. I am also happy that she is a brunette, so she can escape the dreaded Anna-comparisons that plagued Elena D. from the moment she made herself known!

Cassius
Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:02 AM
Elena D will always be compared to Anna because she is blonde. Anastasia and Lina are lucky in that respect, because they have darker hair.
Is Myskina's black or just very very very dark brown. I couldn't tell from the TV, because:
1. My TV's crap
2. The sun was shining on her, and one moment her hair was black and the next it was brown.
3. My TV's crap.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:54 AM
http://heroes.sanex.net/bouquets/138/photos_1.jpg

Cassius
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the photo EGGY.

auntie janie
Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:09 PM
She is lovely! :)

Sadly, she is down 1-6, 0-1. :(
Hey YS! You said she is streaky -- well it is time for her to get on one of her good streaks, toute suite! :o

auntie janie
Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:27 PM
Where is the streak?? :(
Well I guess this whole match is the bad streak, while yesterday's was the good streak. :(

1-6, 3-5 now.

auntie janie
Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:31 PM
1-6, 3-6. :(

Cassius
Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:34 PM
Damn.
Two lost finals in one day.
I'm not sure who'll be more disappointed out of Elena and Ana.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:57 PM
Nastya couldn't find her range in the wind :(

BBC Radio Report
Chanda was playing very good as well.

Final nerves :sad:

Hope she can make week 2
she says she has a shot at 1/4 at Wimbledon

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:29 PM
Best of luck tomorrow Nastya :)

court 14 again but this time win please (lost both times on Court 14 :sad: )

auntie janie
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:22 PM
She will win this time. :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:06 PM
she did win :)
but nearly did an Asagoe

2-6 6-1 7-5 PHEW
she was 5-1 in 3rd so PHEW

come on Nastya win but dont put us thru that again

TS
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Well that was close! Glad she finally came to her senses and pulled it out. Showed guts, and glad she didnt just capitulate.

Next up is Greta Arn. Dont really know anything about her...one of the only top 100 players that I have absolutely no clue on! (looks, play etc)....is she good on grass?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:07 PM
she gave Ai a good game in Birmingham in 1st set
has a good BH and comes in quite a bit
but Nastya should beat her
and please not on Court 14

the cat
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:07 PM
What's with Ana and blowing leads? That's a worrysome pattern! :eek:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:30 PM
She'll do fine in next rd as long as she isn't on court 14 :eek:

Cassius
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:01 AM
4 lovely photo's of Anastasia from Eastbourne.
Photo's curtesy of www.********************** and brought to you in association with CASSIUS:p :rolleyes: .

Cassius
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:03 AM

Cassius
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:06 AM

Cassius
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:09 AM
Here's the last 3 questions of Kournikova's post-match interview. She share's some thoughts about the rise of compatriot Myskina:

'Q. Myskina said last week you've been growing up together, you lost to each other when you went to the USA. How would you describe the development of your relationship up to now?
ANNA KOURNIKOVA: With?

Q. To Myskina.
ANNA KOURNIKOVA: Colleagues. You know, we spend a lot of time together up to like 10 , for two years. We met at the same club. We met at our club when I was seven and she was seven. Then at 10 years old, nine and a half, whatever, I moved to the States. Then I would see her at the club whenever I would go back to Russia. We played, you know, tournaments against each other and stuff like that. You know, I just see her now at tournaments.

Q. Can you comment on her development?
ANNA KOURNIKOVA: She was always a good player. She always had good hands. I'm very happy for her. She's playing great.'

Here's the 4th pic of Myskina at Eastbourne.

Jordan.
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:42 AM
weldone anastasia! :)

tenn_ace
Jun 25th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Kournikova was a bit begrudging in her 'praise' wasn't she?

Cassius, I understand that you don't like Anna (your choice), but being so biased... Why do you HAVE to think that Anna was begrudging? why is it necessary to read in every word Anna says and suspect her of wrongdoing all the time? As much as I like Nastya, she is not quite yet where Anna once was in many ways... So there is no reason for Anna to be "that word". I'm sure ANNA WAS SINCERE in praising Anastasia. You should just accept it.

TS
Jun 25th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Thanx for the lowdown Eggy!

Surely they wont put her on court 14 again? :o Lets wait and see ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Cassius, Anna didn't say anything bad about Nastya at all.

Now hoping for Nastya to make week 2 which would be awesome
one match at a time girl :)

Cassius
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:43 AM
EGGY, I didn't say Anna said anything bad.
TENN_ACE, you're a bit touchy today.
I've edited my post. HAPPY??????????????????????
All I said was, I thought Anna sounded a bit begrudging. And TO ME, she did. Thats just my opinion. This is a website where people post their opinions isn't it? So I posted mine, one that wasn't offensive to anyone, and TENN_ACE attacks me!!! WTF!!!
I have my opinions, you have yours. You post your opinions, I post mine. Where the hell is the problem? My opinion wasn't offensive and I didn't slag anyone off, so whats the problem?

Also, TENN_ACE where have I said I don't like Anna? I've said I don't like her as a player (but I don't like alot of people as players). It's got nothing to do with her personally.

Cassius
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Anyway, I've calmed down enough to say that Myskina's match against Greta Arn will be the 2nd match on court 6.
UDACHI NASTYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenn_ace
Jun 26th, 2002, 03:30 AM
"i'm a bit touchy"??? then you're almost histerical:rolleyes:

Cassius, please have your opinion. just don't cry........ and yeah, sorry if my post looked like I attacked you. I didn't. I have better things to do.

tenn_ace
Jun 26th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Good luck, Nastya, tomorrow!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cassius
Jun 26th, 2002, 04:02 AM
Yes TENN_ACE I was almost hysterical. Do you want to know why?
Because someone (not mentioning any names:rolleyes: ) layed into me because I gave my opinion.
Oh and TENN_ACE...........big boys don't cry:p;):rolleyes:.

CB
Jun 26th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the photo Eggy! Very, very hot :hearts: :hearts: She is so beautiful!

Nastya today against Arn on court 6 :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 26th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Nastya won 6-4 6-3 :bounce:

well done Nastya ;)
and good luck on Friday vs Amelie

CB
Jun 26th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Nastya def. Arn 6-4 6-3 :bounce:

Well done baby! :D

*still waiting for a Nastya Wimbledon photo :fiery: :mad:*

Cassius
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:29 AM
WELL DONE NASTYA!!!!!!!
I hope they show her match with Mauresmo on TV!!!!!!!!
CB, I can't find any Nastya photo's on the Wimbledon site. Sorry.

TS
Jun 27th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Well done Nastya :bounce: Knew she'd win this one....cant wait for the match with Amelie! Nastya can win this if she keeps playing like she has this past month!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 27th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Nastya on #1 court :)
best wishes baby :)

go and play to your level and i know you will win :)

Irish
Jun 27th, 2002, 10:59 PM
Good luck tomorrow against Amelie. Stay focused like you have been and you can beat her.

Go Nastya!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cassius
Jun 27th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Amelie's never been comfortable on grass, so I think that if Nastya plays to her maximum, she'll win:bounce:.

*Izzy*
Jun 28th, 2002, 12:03 AM
I really don't like it when my faves play each other- but at least I know one of them will go through.;)

So good luck Nastya, and whatever happens tomorrow I hope it's a good match between you and Amelie.:D

Cassius
Jun 28th, 2002, 12:39 AM
I hope these pics load.
They're are Nastya at the French Open 2001. She wore a horrible pink outfit, but I'll let her off because her legs look absolutely STUNNING:hearts::hearts: :hearts:
http://heroes.sanex.net/bouquets/138/photos_4.jpg
http://heroes.sanex.net/bouquets/138/photos_13.jpg
http://heroes.sanex.net/bouquets/138/photos_3.jpg

Irish
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:06 AM
You crack me up Cassius. :D :wavey:

Cassius
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Nastya will play Mauresmo in the 3rd match on court 1.
Thats means that I'll definately be able to watch her live!!!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Cassius
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Nastya lost 6-4 6-2:sad:
What made it even worse is the fact that she was 4-1 up in the 1st set, then she just couldn't hit anything right. She then went on to lose her first service game of the 2nd set, then I couldn't watch anymore and I turned it off.
How very disappointing:sad:.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 28th, 2002, 06:02 PM
really disappoiinting :sad:

started off so well , that 4-2 game when she was 30-0 up changed the match, she started to miss more on 1st serve.

the cat
Jun 29th, 2002, 02:17 AM
I figured Mauresmo would win. But I thought Ana would test her. Ana comes up small again in a grand slam. :( We should expect more of her, shouldn't we? She is afterall, natuarally talented and gifted as a tennis player. :D

Cassius
Jun 29th, 2002, 04:31 AM
These photo's are from Nastya's match with Mauresmo.
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv052_05.jpg
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv051_05.jpg

TS
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the photos :) I love that second action photo of her in the pink :hearts:

:sad: to see her bow out :( I thought she mightve done a lil better, but Amelie was obviously on guard.

She'll bounce back.

Jordan.
Jul 1st, 2002, 08:43 AM
:sad: I wanted you to break through here...:sad:

Cassius
Jul 4th, 2002, 11:06 PM
Nastya's got her own forum:eek:

Cassius
Jul 5th, 2002, 03:25 AM
Here is a photo from the FCC.
It's a great pic:D.
http://www.sanexwtatour.com/assets/story_image/myskinakids0415.jpg
The fat white kid on the right doesn't look bothered that he's in the presence of a star, but the black kid right next to Myskina's left shoulder looks absolutely chuffed.:) .

Irish
Jul 5th, 2002, 04:06 AM
That is a very sweet pic. :D

Can you believe Nastya is going to be 21 on July 8th? :D

Cassius
Jul 5th, 2002, 04:32 AM
21?:eek:
In 3 days?:eek:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:04 AM
so this is Froggy's idea :)

this thread feels weird in here

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:23 PM
this thread is back to where it belongs :)

there is now a link in the Nastya forum for this thread so she's got it good both ways :)

FroggyLight
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:57 AM
I would like to apologize to those for the forum I created "Anastasia Myskina". I really didn't know it was created untill today. because I never got the e-mail from WTAStarz, sorry about the confusion.

auntie janie
Jul 14th, 2002, 01:20 AM
I am glad Stassy's thread will still be available here at Russian Roulette. I notice that I rarely get over to the player forums with one player only, even those of my top faves. But here at Russian Roulette I have 3 Elenas to root for, Anastasia of course, a couple of Veras, a couple of Marias, and new kids every week that Eggy keeps introducing to us!

auntie janie
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:26 PM
World Team Tennis, Saturday results:

Myskina/Schlukebir (SFL) def.
Barabanschikova/Parkinson (SLA) 5-4 5 4

Myskina (SFL) def. Parkinson (SLA) 5-3

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:47 PM
tonight Nastya plays Elena L :) and her team needs to win.

auntie janie
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:24 PM
That won't be easy. Elena L. has been doing VERY well in WTT so far. Except in Mixed!

auntie janie
Jul 15th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Sunday WTT results:

WD: Harkleroad/Likhovtseva (SAC) def.
Myskina/Schlukebir (SFL) 5-2 5 2 :(

WS: Myskina (SFL) def. Likhovtseva (SAC) 5-1 :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 15th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Well done Nastya in the singles ;)
doubles has never been her game.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 27th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Good luck Nastya in San Diego :)
9th seed there, a bye in 1R

she plays either Tanasugarn or Schiavone in 2r

go Nastya go !!!!!!!!!!

Cassius
Jul 29th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Tanasugarn or Schiavone in 2r?

Both are potentially differcult players, but both are ultimately beatable:).

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Nastya plays Schiavone in rd2

good luck girl :)

bubble
Jul 30th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Good luck Nastya! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Nastya into rd3
she came back brilliantly to win 1-6 6-3 6-4 :bounce:

well done and good luck in rd3 vs Dokic

MrV
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:48 AM
Well done Nastya :kiss: :hearts:

Please beat Dokic :) :angel:

CB
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:56 AM
Nastya lost to Dokic, don't remember the score....
Nobody cares about her anymore? :mad:

She will come to Brasil Open and I'll be there :bounce: :bounce: wohooo!
Got a press pass ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:08 AM
CB we'd rather remember the good times ;)
she has a week rest now before Montreal, New Haven and US Open, Bahia etc

go Nastya !!!!!!!!!

CB
Aug 9th, 2002, 12:34 AM
Happy 21st Birthday Nastya :D:D:D

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 9th, 2002, 04:19 AM
Caio her 21st was in July ;)
it says 7/8/81 (but thats using the US system of MM/DD/YY

her b-day is July 8th

good luck Anastasia ;) in Montreal :)
i know Pierre will be going there and bringing you luck
Sharky will be there too :)

Cassius
Aug 9th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Who's Pierre?

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 9th, 2002, 04:44 AM
Pierre is the guy who does www.myskina.com

Cassius
Aug 9th, 2002, 04:46 AM
He should be congratulated on making a good site:D.

Russianfan
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:28 PM
hello everyone!:) Pierre is myself:) Anyway, just a short update on Nastya:) She has arrived in Montreal and did train today, unfortunatly, I did not see her, I think she trained inside but anyway, arranged to meet with her tomorrow afternoon, hope she trains outside so I can take photos but anyway she'll call me to meet up if ever she's inside...

Cassius
Aug 11th, 2002, 12:26 AM
The www.myskina.com site is your site?
I e-mailed you a couple of days ago to tell you the pics weren't working.
But they work now:D. Thanks for fixing it:wavey:.

Russianfan
Aug 11th, 2002, 02:14 AM
Yes it's my site, thanks for letting me know about the pics, had server problems!

Anyway, just to let those of you who do not know, Anastasia does check the site and the guestbook from times to times so if you want to wish her good luck or anything, feel free:) She is very very appreciative of everything, beleive me on that ;)

Cassius
Aug 11th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Does she ever leave any messages in the guestbook or something?

Russianfan
Aug 11th, 2002, 02:59 AM
She signs small messages, usually only thank you messages ;)

She signed July 9th and at least 1-2 times before... I wanted to get her a little more implicated in all of this but not sure if she can do it, she really is very busy and does not even check her email that often, her account was full for like two weeks in July to give you an idea ;)

Cassius
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:59 AM
Good Luck Nastya against Clarisa Fernandez:).

CB
Aug 11th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Yeah, Nastya faces Clarisa on R1 in Montreal

I hope she has a nice first round... this tournament is very important for your ranking Nastya, you could face Hingis and get some juicy bonus. Keep goin' :D

CB
Aug 11th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Russianfan
Yes it's my site, thanks for letting me know about the pics, had server problems!

Anyway, just to let those of you who do not know, Anastasia does check the site and the guestbook from times to times so if you want to wish her good luck or anything, feel free:) She is very very appreciative of everything, beleive me on that ;)

Hehe, if you get a chance plz tell her that there will be someone waiting for her (fan) at Brazil Open with a Russian flag, I wanna meet her so badly :D

CB

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 11th, 2002, 06:03 PM
good luck Nastya in Montreal :)

best wishes and wanna see you on TV so make it a great week baby

Cassius
Aug 12th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Ana plays her 1st round match as the 2nd match on court 2.
UDACHI!!!

Russianfan
Aug 12th, 2002, 01:56 AM
Talked to her today, we talked about really many things but she seemed to be doing great and was hitting the ball very well! At that time she did not know yet she was playing tomorrow...I will be there to support her obviously:) She really is great!

FroggyLight
Aug 12th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Nastya lost to Fernandez 6 - 3 6- 1 :sad: I won't be able to see her play now :(

CB
Aug 12th, 2002, 08:47 PM
geee what happened out there Nastya? :sad:

practice a lot I wanna see you reaching at least quarters in New Haven :D

:wavey:

Cassius
Aug 12th, 2002, 10:12 PM
:sad:

tenn_ace
Aug 13th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Nastya is paying for her involvment in WTT... a month of travelling (almost each day) has most probably interrupted a normal training process. And for what sake??? 10 games of tennis a day? I hope she learns from this mistake....:o

the cat
Aug 13th, 2002, 01:21 AM
Getting schooled by Clarissa Fernandez? :confused: That's a bad sign. Clarissa has ability. But 3 and 1?

Tenn_ace, Anastasia didn't learn from her mistake. She played WTT last year, too.

It's starting to look like Myskina is another one of the Russian girls who gets some success and then falls back when her expectations increase. :(

Cassius
Aug 13th, 2002, 02:09 AM
Give her time CAT. She's not in the Kournikova-Dementieva catagory yet.
If she's still playing like this this time next year, then she'll be in their catagory.
Not yet though.

tenn_ace
Aug 13th, 2002, 02:20 AM
cat, last year she needed some match practice since she was coming off an injury and wasn't really match tough... This year she's #2 player on the tour (in top50) after Jelena in terms of tournaments played... and if we you include wtt.....

NO SURPRISE HERE!:( :mad:

Russianfan
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:18 AM
As surprising as it may seem, she did not play THAT bad:( It was terrible to see though, Clarissa was getting every single ball back, litterally... no time right now to post more than I am putting on Myskina.com... :( Sorry...

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 13th, 2002, 08:44 AM
:sad:, poor Nastya, hope she can pick things up in New Haven, but she really needs to make the points count in New York.

Russianfan
Aug 16th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Nastya is leaving tomorrow morning to New York city and should head to New Heaven Saturday or Sunday, not sure when exactly:) She was in a great mood today so hopefully she forgot about the loss in Montreal already!:) Her mom and agent will also be at the Open..

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:27 AM
I've not seen her mother at any tourn other than Moscow so thats gonna be good for her.

Hoping she gets a good draw and does pretty good.

best wishes Nastya !!!!!!!!!

Russianfan
Aug 16th, 2002, 01:31 PM
I have never seen her mom! Yep, good luck Nastya for New Heaven! :)

Cassius
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Here's another pics of Nastya.
This is also the 500th:eek: post in this thread:bounce::bounce::bounce: