PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM
finaly some positive signs
1-2

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM
some good racket tosses.... :rolleyes:.... hehehehe

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM
davenport looking a bit aggravataed.... :)

KV
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:49 PM
1-6 1-3

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:49 PM
easy lost game again:fiery: :sad:
1-3

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired our nastya..... :sad:

KV
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
1-6 1-4

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:51 PM
15-40:fiery: :fiery:
this's the end:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:52 PM
15-40:fiery: :fiery:
this's the end:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
it sucks to watch her in this match.... she's trying to get into but it's just her body isn't letting her do what she's used to doing............... noooooo !!!!!!

:bigcry:...... you can do it though nastya!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fight fight fight fight fight

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:53 PM
how many times has she hit the tape !!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KV
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:55 PM
1-6 1-5 :sad:

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:56 PM
0-30
last chance Nastya, try
pfff and netcord supports :devil:
1-5:bigcry: :bigcry:

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:56 PM
nastya has been unlucky today as well... all those tape shots.... if they could just go over..... :fiery:

no double fault nastya!

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:58 PM
Nastya has no heart today
and no strength
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
organizers :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

KV
Aug 1st, 2004, 07:59 PM
Like E. Dementieva yesterday, it wasn't to be. For reasons both couldn't play their best tennis. :sad:

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:01 PM
let's look on the bright side nastyafan.... she didn't play today, she couldn't.... but she made the final, played the best player in the world right now and is now the #4 player in the world..... she'll keep performing well and she'll be playing with all heart in the olympics and she'll be able to rest after each game at the u.s. open... so there will be no bad stupid scheduling.... :fiery:

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:01 PM
bravo lindsay for mentioning myskina's match last night and how long and hard it was.... :worship: ... very classy of her....

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:04 PM
Davenport is just too good. She's playing at a higher level.
Nastya needs to get a little rest before her first match in Canada.

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:04 PM
but i'm still very sad though... :bigcry: :sad: :awww:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:06 PM
Nastya never got into it/nor was she allowed
what little glimpses she had were sniffed out by big serves :(

last night's match must have had an effect but not that much

Nastya, good luck in Montreal :)

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:06 PM
I hope Nastya plays Meghann in Canada. She needs to start beating her.
Davenport is just playing too well now. But she's not playing this week.

(3)A Myskina /Bye
A Jidkova /Qualifier

N Pratt /M Shaughnessy
M Weingartner /(13)M Maleeva

(11)F Schiavone /(WC)M Pelletier
N Dechy /L Granville

E Likhovtseva /M Vento-Kabchi
Bye/(8)N Petrova

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:09 PM
nastya dropped her check!!! lol....

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:11 PM
i saw deckham Nastya hadn't any strength left and I was afraid it will happen
But this tourney was ludicrous staged in Lyndsay's favour and i can't be happy with that.
Why it was needed yesterday to be played night match with only 2 matches scheduled and why today the final was at noon and why the home favourite didn't play any night matches why?

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:15 PM
i saw deckham Nastya hadn't any strength left and I was afraid it will happen
But this tourney was ludicrous staged in Lyndsay's favour and i can't be mad with that.
Why it was needed yesterday to be played night match with only 2 matches scheduled and why today the final was at noon and why the home favourite didn't play any night matches why?
there was absolutely no reason to schedule a night match.... i think la costa just always has to have 2 night matches..... maybe for attendance.... maybe for something else.... i don't know. but yeah, lindsay never had a night match, so she was always able to rest and unwind before the next match. :sad:
but we will be on the tails of lindsay when she slips up, or whenever we meet her again... we can only gain on her in the rogers cup and others while she is resting.... she will then see a fully fit nastya... :)
at least nastya gave us something to remember this tourney.... the memorable tiebreak and beating sharapova once again... ;)
awww.. i want to take a picture with nastya... :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:15 PM
I hope Nastya plays Meghann in Canada. She needs to start beating her.
Davenport is just playing too well now. But she's not playing this week.

(3)A Myskina /Bye
A Jidkova /Qualifier

N Pratt /M Shaughnessy

N Dechy /L Granville

Bye/(8)N Petrova

Meg already withdrew injured (Perry took her place)

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:16 PM
they are not showing the tiebreak from last night!!!!!

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:23 PM
I don't think Davenport played great today, yesterday she was better especially in 1 set.
And she always plays great when she can dominate, but under pressure she chockes. Nastya just wasn't able to give her that pressure. I have never seen her so exhausted physicaly and mentally. I'm afraid she may not be recovered for Montreal either:scared:

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:30 PM
I don't think Davenport played great today, yesterday she was better especially in 1 set.
And she always plays great when she can dominate, but under pressure she chockes. Nastya just wasn't able to give her that pressure. I have never seen her so exhausted physicaly and mentally. I'm afraid she may not be recovered for Montreal either:scared:
she'll be ready!!!! :eek:

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:48 PM
This is a very good draw next week.

(3)A Myskina /Bye
A Jidkova /Qualifier

N Pratt /S. Perry

N Dechy /L Granville

Bye/(8)N Petrova

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:49 PM
she'll be ready!!!! :eek:
let's hope you are right but i'm not sure.
Psychically maybe it was better if yesterday she had lost that match. Now to yesterdays exhaustion it's added the pain from today's terrible loss. It surely hurts your mentality. And she has not enough time to recover.
I just don't want to read GM now. Her haters probably are triumphing and jabbering what a fluke she is:mad:

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM
let's hope you are right but i'm not sure.
Psychically maybe it was better if yesterday she had lost that match. Now to yesterdays exhaustion it's added the pain from today's terrible loss. It surely hurts your mentality. And she has not enough time to recover.
I just don't want to read GM now. Her haters probably are triumphing and jabbering what a fluke she is:mad:
that's simply because they are all jealous of nastya dominating sharapova.... most masha fans are simply idiots who like poking fun of people they can't beat...

ofcourse it wouldn't have been better if she would have lost that match!!!! nastyafan!!! i'm surprised at you! that match will go down in history and she won it! that is amazing, the best game of the tourney and such intensity b/t the 2 russians. she just needs to find a way to relax a bit and tell herself she didn't stand a chance against lindsay because of her exhaustion. she should know that, it's too much to ask of one person afer that kind of match and tiebreaker. she did as well as she could have done in the acura classic and we should be very very proud of our nastya!!! now she just needs to not have 17-15 tiebreakers in the final set.... :D ... that would be very nice! :lol:

she'll recover physically and mentally.... she's a very strong athlete. :drink:

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:02 PM

(3)A Myskina /Bye
A Jidkova /Qualifier

N Pratt /S. Perry

N Dechy /L Granville

Bye/(8)N Petrova
that is a pretty good draw... very good players, but not a lot of GREAT players.... nice draw for nastya. she'll be tested each match by a good opponent... it will keep her on her toes... :)

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:10 PM
Nastya's draw will be changed as Serena has withdrawn before OOP released
so Nastya will move to #1 seed spot and play Parra or Q

its not official yet but this is how it should go.

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:11 PM
No Serena. So Nastya is probably the favorite next week.

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:12 PM
i don't say that it would have been better if she would have lost at all. But probably for her psychic condition just now it would have been easily. It would have been a painfull loss but she would have left the tourney after playing one of the best matches ever. Now she ends demolished.
And we saw Nastya needs time to recover - it was shown at Wimby and today. I'm afraid Montreal may be like Wimby. Let's hope it may not prove so.

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM
Nastya's draw will be changed as Serena has withdrawn before OOP released
so Nastya will move to #1 seed spot and play Parra or Q

its not official yet but this is how it should go.Shouldn't Momo be #1?

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
Shouldn't Momo be #1?
no
no 2 seed stays where she is
and #3 seed moves up

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM
i don't say that it would have been better if she would have lost at all. But probably for her psychic condition just now it would have been easily. It would have been a painfull loss but she would have left the tourney after playing one of the best matches ever. Now she ends demolished.
And we saw Nastya needs time to recover - it was shown at Wimby and today. I'm afraid Montreal may be like Wimby. Let's hope it may not prove so.
i don't think she ends demolished.... she ends weary physically and mentally, but i hope she looks at that tourney as nothing but positive. she'll recover fast... she's in the states to play a series of tourneys... it's not like after the french open when she didn't play too much and wasn't focused.. .she's focused now and expects the wear and tear i believe..

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:28 PM
alright! no. 1 seed!

was serena able to pull out of the rogers cup?

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:30 PM
no
no 2 seed stays where she is
and #3 seed moves up
and then 5-3, 9-5, 17-9 right?

Nastyafan
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:46 PM
i don't think she ends demolished.... she ends weary physically and mentally, but i hope she looks at that tourney as nothing but positive. she'll recover fast... she's in the states to play a series of tourneys... it's not like after the french open when she didn't play too much and wasn't focused.. .she's focused now and expects the wear and tear i believe..
this is very a tough loss. An pretender for #1 should never lose like that, better withdraw if you know that you aren't able to play. That keeps your self-confidence and doesn't give a reason for disrespectful and spiteful comments.
When you wrote withdrawal in your first post today i was scared. Now i would prefer 1000 times if she had wthdrawn instead of losing like that. And that would have been deserved slap in the face of the organizers.

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:44 PM
Nastya is now at the top of the draw -

Anastasia Myskina/Bye
A Parra Santonja /Qualifier

B Strycova /Qualifier
Qualifier /C Rubin

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:49 PM
I was really exhausted," Myskina said. "I just couldn't find a way to fight. Lindsay played unbelievable and you have to play 200 percent to beat her. I only played 50 percent of my game."

Myskina said she got seven hours' sleep after the match that kept more than 6,000 fans riveted for nearly 2 1/2 hours.

"It's not enough time," she said. "My body is really sore. I wish I had a day off. It wasn't great tennis, but still it's life."

Davenport said, "She was far from her best today. She looked like somebody who was spent."

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:51 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040801/i/r3010573405.jpg Sun Aug 1, 6:26 PM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95/*http://www.reuters.com)
Anastasia Myskina of Russia, reacts after missing a shot during her 1-6 1-6 loss to Lindsay Davenport of the U.S., during the final at the Acura Classic in Carlsbad, California August 1, 2004

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:52 PM
davenport was very well spoken after her win today... i was glad to see she gave credit where credit was due. i gained some more respect for lindsay today after that showing.

it's alright nastya... we know you were spent.... just don't do a 17-15 tiebreaker and avoid the stupid american scheduling... :lol:... like that' possible!

deckham
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:53 PM
But what could we expect from Americans in their country, don't we see what they do all around the world?
nastyafan... very shocked by this... :fiery:

cool_olga
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:08 AM
Wonder who did she phoned

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:36 AM
nastyafan... very shocked by this... :fiery:
I sent you PM

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Hi Ola :wavey:
are you back home?
about what phoning do you speak?

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:53 AM
I sent you PM
sent you one back

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:54 AM
cool olga! long time no see! nice of you to grace us with your presence... always an honor... :worship: how are things?

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:56 AM
by the way.. just in case anyone wants to chat sometime... (except you nastyafan.. :fiery: ) ... i'm just kidding!

if you have aol instant messenger my name is: predatormania7
if you have msn messenger my name is: deckham@hotmail.com

okie dokie... :drink:

cool_olga
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:02 AM
I talk about this NF.
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/sandiego04/Nastya_SD23.jpg http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/sandiego04/Nastya_SD27.jpg

Nice to be back too decks :wavey: Thigs are very good i finally got some nice suntan and Nastya in final. It's all good :) Just need to go on court soon was missing tennis.

cool_olga
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:03 AM
By the way sweet pic this second :p

okie dokie...you reminded me old good times when we were starting with dokic site (www.jelly-dokic.com (http://www.jelly-dokic.com)) we all were saying, oki dokic

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:14 AM
By the way sweet pic this second :p

okie dokie...you reminded me old good times when we were starting with dokic site (www.jelly-dokic.com (http://www.jelly-dokic.com)) we all were saying, oki dokic
lol... oki dokic.. ;) (love the pics.. she looks so sad... :awww: )

by the way.. that was me she called after the match. she needed to be cheered up so i had to tell her a few jokes to brighten her spirits. she was really distraught so i did my best to cheer her up.... so i had to tell her a little joke about blondes since she's such a great brunette.. ;) :
-------------------------------
THERE WAS A BIG IMPORTANT SWIM MEET TODAY.. THE CONTESTANTS INCLUDED A BLONDE, BRUNETTE, AND A REDHEAD. THE COMPETITION WAS THE 200 M BREASTSTROKE......
they all got into their positions, the gun went off, and they jumped in and they were on their way! it was a very tight race and about 1 min. 54 seconds the brunette hit the wall and finished first..... the redhead came in right behind her at 1 min. and 57 seconds.
finally all the other contestants hit the wall about 5 seconds later.... except for one swimmer....
at 39 minutes and 48 seconds the blonde finally hit the wall and finished the race. everybody was in shock and wondered what was wrong with this swimmer. the man who keeps track of the time quickly ran over to the blonde and asked, "Excuse me.. but what on earth took you so long????? Everyone else has been done for nearly 40 minutes!"
The blonde simply turns around to the man and says, "They cheated... they used their hands."
:)

i hope everyone got that.....

:drink:

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:16 AM
poor Nastya:sad: :hug:
probably that hockey player... or better her mom
Thank God you are back Ola, i just couldn't write on the site about the last match :crying2: :crying2:

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:18 AM
It seems that Nastya can take the world #1 position in Athens, if she outplays Mauresmo these next 2 events -

-
Brand-new #2 Davenport, though, is in real danger, with 230 points to defend. We once again have a very complicated situation at the top. For the moment, Justine Henin-Hardenne remains #1. This could well be the last week in which this is so; she has 401 points coming off next week, which means her lead over Mauresmo and Myskina and Davenport will be on the order of 500 points. This year's Canadian Open winner will earn about 400 points herself (possibly more), and the Olympics should be worth at least 350 points to the winner. And then Lindsay Davenport will get back in the act at New Haven.

The #2 ranking is very likely -- indeed, almost certain -- to change hands again. Lindsay Davenport, because of that 230 points she won't be defending, is just barely ahead of #3 Mauresmo, who in turn has only a few dozen points of margin over #4 Anastasia Myskina. And Mauresmo -- the champion here two years ago, and remember that we're playing in French-speaking Canada again this year -- has nothing to defend this week, and neither does Myskina.

cool_olga
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:23 AM
I would bet for Nastya more than Momo. Where is she by the way? If she plays Montreal (forgive me don't know) we'll see who of them is better as probably they will meet.
Nice joke decks ;)

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:24 AM
lol... oki dokic.. ;) (love the pics.. she looks so sad... :awww: )

by the way.. that was me she called after the match. she needed to be cheered up so i had to tell her a few jokes to brighten her spirits. she was really distraught so i did my best to cheer her up.... so i had to tell her a little joke about blondes since she's such a great brunette.. ;) :
-------------------------------
THERE WAS A BIG IMPORTANT SWIM MEET TODAY.. THE CONTESTANTS INCLUDED A BLONDE, BRUNETTE, AND A REDHEAD. THE COMPETITION WAS THE 200 M BREASTSTROKE......
they all got into their positions, the gun went off, and they jumped in and they were on their way! it was a very tight race and about 1 min. 54 seconds the brunette hit the wall and finished first..... the redhead came in right behind her at 1 min. and 57 seconds.
finally all the other contestants hit the wall about 5 seconds later.... except for one swimmer....
at 39 minutes and 48 seconds the blonde finally hit the wall and finished the race. everybody was in shock and wondered what was wrong with this swimmer. the man who keeps track of the time quickly ran over to the blonde and asked, "Excuse me.. but what on earth took you so long????? Everyone else has been done for nearly 40 minutes!"
The blonde simply turns around to the man and says, "They cheated... they used their hands."
:)

i hope everyone got that.....

:drink:
:haha: :haha:
so justine is an intelligent blonde, she cheats with her hands too

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:25 AM
I would bet for Nastya more than Momo. Where is she by the way? If she plays Montreal (forgive me don't know) we'll see who of them is better as probably they will meet.
Nice joke decks ;)
they can't meet until the finals... momo is 2 seed and myskina is 3 seed, but since serena pulled out myskina basically moved up to the #1 spot that left vacant. hopefully bovina will get a piece of momo in the third round and knock her out of the tourney... :)
if you want to look at the draw olga, it is at:
http://www.rogerscup.com/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2004/806/MDS.pdf

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:27 AM
:haha: :haha:
so justine is an intelligent blonde, she cheats with her hands too
hehehe... that works! :drink:

cool_olga
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:30 AM
Thanks.
Seems easy way to semis, there probably Capriati, it's also big unknows how Jen will play. She can get to really good form sometimes from nothing, like us open last year. Nastya can win this tournament. Udachi!

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:45 AM
i think toronto points are comming off one week later
yes Nastya has a decent chance to be #1 after Olympics but I have a bad feeling after today's final:scared:

yes Momo plays Montreal and she can play Nastya only in the final, but I prefer only Nastya being there

ys
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:51 AM
Excellent tournament, Nastya. But you need to be able to get over this kind of problems. That's a US tournament and their scheduling can be like that. Justine had the same - US Open semis and finals within 15 hours, final after playing the toughest Slam semifinal in year. Yet she was cool and ready next day against an opponent who barely broke a sweat at her semis. Yet Justine rolled over.

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:54 AM
Lindsay played too well today. It would have been tough for anyone to beat her.
Being tired affected the score. But Davenport is playing a high level of tennis.

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:58 AM
i think toronto points are comming off one week later
yes Nastya has a decent chance to be #1 after Olympics but I have a bad feeling after today's final:scared:

yes Momo plays Montreal and she can play Nastya only in the final, but I prefer only Nastya being there
Nastyafan!!! come on now!!!!! happy thoughts for our nastya young man!
she is going to get that #1 because that's what she has put her mind to and that's what she's going to accomplish!! :yeah: :dance: :banana: :drink:

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:03 AM
Lindsay, Serena, Venus - the other finalists in California - none of them are in this tournament.
Nastya has a great chance to win in Montreal.

igost
Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:21 AM
Does anybody know for sure if Nastya is going to play Sopot?

She is in commitments for tournament, but playing there would be a real self-destruction

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:25 AM
When a player ranked as high as Anastasia tells a tournament director that she will be there, then she should play the tournament.

Daniel
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:01 AM
Nastya , I am so proud of you,

Reaching the finals is good vbeating Sharapova and Vera in the way :D :kiss: It is sad she lost the final but still she got tons of points which will help hger to get to #1 soon.
I am sure Myskina will win Montreal, her draw is not that hard :worship:

Keep it going Nastya :dance: :hug: :smooch:

Daniel
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:25 AM
Hope Nastya plays second round on Wed so she can rest anbd be in form again :bounce: :worship:

Vamos Myskina :hearts: :smooch:

Daniel
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
Cool olga nice pics :kiss:

Daniel
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:42 AM

(3)A Myskina /Bye
A Jidkova /Qualifier

N Pratt /S. Perry

N Dechy /L Granville

Bye/(8)N Petrova
Indeed. Hopse she takes adv of it and reaches the final :)

Daniel
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:52 AM
:bounce: :bounce:

Daniel
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:53 AM
Go Nastya win Montreal :D :D :clap2: :bounce:

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:37 AM
That's the older draw
now it's
(1)A. Myskina-Bye
A Parra Santonja -Qualifier

B Strycova -Qualifier
Qualifier -(15)C Rubin

(13)M. Maleeva-L Krasnoroutskaya
M Sucha -Qualifier

S Obata-J Jankovic
(9)P Suarez-Bye

para could be dangerous, she has a good serve
i dont know which draw is better
and i would prefer some russian in QF

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Мыскина сменит теннис на дизайнерскую деятельность
2.08.2004 10:10 | Страна.Ru

Олимпийские игры в Афинах станут последними для российской теннисистки Анастасии Мыскиной. Такое признание она сделала после финала турнира Женской теннисной ассоциации (ВТА) в американском Карлсбаде (штат Калифорния).

"Не думаю, что я буду играть еще через четыре года, - пояснила она. - Но это, конечно, не означает, что выступаю последний год, два или три. Кроме тенниса в жизни должно быть и что-то другое - это и семья, и иные различные интересы". Как отметила Анастасия, ее очень интересует и привлекает дизайнерская деятельность, к которой, по ее собственным словам, у нее и "лежит душа".

По оценке Мыскиной, у российской команды теннисисток очень хорошие шансы сильно выступить на афинских кортах. "Все наши девушки, и те, кто играют в парном разряде, и в одиночном, показывают очень хороший теннис, и у нас есть все шансы на медали", - сказала спортсменка.

Отвечая на вопрос, с кем бы она не хотела встречаться на Олимпийских кортах, Анастасия с улыбкой сказала, конечно же, с американской Линдсэй Дэвенпорт, которой она проиграла в финале турнира в Карслбаде (1:6, 1:6), но ее, к счастью, там не будет, а со всеми остальными можно сражаться и побеждать.

Исключительно тяжело сложившийся полуфинальный поединок и, конечно же, блестящая игра американки Линдсэй Дэвенпорт не позволили россиянке Анастасии Мыскиной хорошо сыграть в финале турнира Женской теннисной ассоциации в Карлсбаде. Мыскина проиграла Дэвенпорт со счетом 1:6, 1:6. "Видимо, в полуфинальном матче я отдала все, и в финале у меня не было ни сил, ни эмоций бороться", - пояснила Анастасия Мыскина. "С Дэвенпорт надо играть на все 200 процентов, а я смогла выступить только на 50 процентов своих возможностей", - сказала Мыскина.

Аналогичную точку зрения высказал в интервью и тренер Мыскиной Джинс Герлах. По его словам, сложная предыдущая игра и неудачное расписание не позволили Анастасии отдохнуть и восстановиться перед решающим поединком. Сама же спортсменка духом не падает и готова к новым матчам. Уже во вторник, как напомнила она, ей предстоит выйти на корт в Монреале. А дальше - Олимпиада. Об этом сообщает ИТАР-ТАСС.

Nastyafan
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:55 AM
She again speaks about retirement:sad:
that becomes an obsession:fiery:
why Nastya you are the best thing on the court:angel:

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 11:17 AM
That's the older draw
now it's
(1)A. Myskina-Bye
A Parra Santonja -Qualifier

B Strycova -Qualifier
Qualifier -(15)C Rubin

(13)M. Maleeva-L Krasnoroutskaya
M Sucha -Qualifier

S Obata-J Jankovic
(9)P Suarez-Bye

para could be dangerous, she has a good serve
i dont know which draw is better
and i would prefer some russian in QF

This is a great draw for a Tier I. Anastasia should be the favorite to win this tournament.

cool_olga
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:51 PM
This damn retirment. Does she really love tennis? Martinez is 30something and still can't finish playing cus likes it. Nastya :confused:

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:58 PM
It's very hard to try to be the best you can be in sports. It's mentally draining, it's physically demanding.
If you're successful, and become financially independent, you have to look at your options.
Most world class athletes love the sport they play. It sounds like Anastasia has mixed feelings towards tennis.

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
possibly getting bored with tennis as well.... she speaks of what.. designing? hmmm....
actually GL, your quote might fit our nastya quite well ... "do what you love, and love what you do."
maybe nastya doesn't love tennis anymore. :awww: but she keeps saying also that she wants to be #1. so it seems she has a target and once she hits that target... she might call it quits. she loves representing russia in olympics and she wants to be russian #1 and world #1. so she still has goals, but once she reaches them, our nastya might disappear from competitive tennis... :bigcry:

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM
Anastasia might be world #1 before the US Open starts. I don't think she'll retire.
I heard Nastya do interviews in San Diego.
She said she loves tennis. And she said winning the French Open has made tennis more fun.
The top players are judged by how many majors they win. And how many weeks they are world #1.
I think Nastya will stick around and do some great things.

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 05:52 PM
The San Diego newspaper doesn't think Nastya tried hard -

It's not likely the French Open champion had something more important to do yesterday. She just competed like it. The major reason given afterward was a strenuous semifinal that lasted more than 2˝ hours Saturday evening and saw Myskina save nine match points, eight in a third-set tiebreaker that she won 17-15.

But fatigue – especially after "seven hours of sleep" – is not a good enough excuse to appear this lethargic in a final. Not at this level.

What happened to the Russian's determination and commitment, to the sturdy character built from all those years of strenuous training we've heard so much about? For the most part, players like Myskina and Elena Dementieva and Maria Sharapova have exhibited those traits. Not this time. Not close.

Yesterday, some tennis fans that paid serious cash to observe were more concerned about what time the Reebok store closed than the next point. And that's just wrong.

"I couldn't find the energy to fight," said Myskina, 23. "You have to play 200 percent to beat (Davenport), but I was only at 50 percent. I wish I could have (taken) the day off." You mean she didn't?

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:31 PM
The San Diego newspaper doesn't think Nastya tried hard -

It's not likely the French Open champion had something more important to do yesterday. She just competed like it. The major reason given afterward was a strenuous semifinal that lasted more than 2˝ hours Saturday evening and saw Myskina save nine match points, eight in a third-set tiebreaker that she won 17-15.

But fatigue – especially after "seven hours of sleep" – is not a good enough excuse to appear this lethargic in a final. Not at this level.

What happened to the Russian's determination and commitment, to the sturdy character built from all those years of strenuous training we've heard so much about? For the most part, players like Myskina and Elena Dementieva and Maria Sharapova have exhibited those traits. Not this time. Not close.

Yesterday, some tennis fans that paid serious cash to observe were more concerned about what time the Reebok store closed than the next point. And that's just wrong.

"I couldn't find the energy to fight," said Myskina, 23. "You have to play 200 percent to beat (Davenport), but I was only at 50 percent. I wish I could have (taken) the day off." You mean she didn't?
assholes... :fiery:

ys
Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:36 PM
I am sure that if this was something really important, like a Slam final or Olympic final, Nastya would have put thrown everything she had and even more. But very few players have an ability to push themselves hard beyond the normal human abilities at will. They can do it few times an year, but even for a Tier 1 Final it has to be remembered what kind of huge summer it is going to be. I think that Nastya could have pushed herself a level up. But not to a level required to beat Lindsay. And she decided to save energy for other occasions. I understand.

the cat
Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
That's an unfair article to me. :( Anastasia is a delicately built woman and her game is built on defense, counter punching, timing, quickness, intelligence and nice offensive game. Unfortunately she didn't have much left for the final against Davenport and emotional and draining wins over Sharapova and Zvonareva the 2 previous nights. And after playing 2 night matches in the QF and SF to then have to play a 12pm final is brutal and I'm sure that also led to her being flat. Anastasia apologized to the crowd after the match for not playing better. That was nice of her to do. I'm sure she felt bad about getting pounded 1 and 1. But she was running on empty and it showed in her lackluster play.

I do think because of her lack of size that it's important that Nastya not play too much tennis before the Olympics and the U.S. Open. Her game is built on timing and she needs to be fresh to beat the elite power players in women's tennis.

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 07:22 PM
she just doesn't need to have poor scheduling and 2 and a half hour matches against another russian 14 hours before a final.... :fiery:

the cat
Aug 2nd, 2004, 07:43 PM
That was very rough and unfair. But these tournaments are allowed to play a day semi and a night semi so they can get 2 different crowds in and make more money. They used to play one semi follwed immediately by the second semi. I like that schedling much better. But when they have the day semi and then the night semi they put the winner of the night semi at risk of being too tired or too sluggish for the final. And that's what happened with Anastasia.

deckham
Aug 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
a better article.......
-------------------------------------------

By Jerry Magee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
August 2, 2004

CARLSBAD – That the final of the Acura Classic resulted in a victory for Lindsay Davenport that was hardly more than a walkover did not come as a surprise to Raquel Giscafre, an officer of the firm that owns the tournament.

"I was expecting it to be one-sided," said Giscafre. "Anastasia Myskina had left her soul on the court Saturday night. For her to be able to fight would have been a miracle."

Myskina on Saturday had to struggle for 2 hours, 28 minutes and resist match points against her nine times in outlasting Vera Zvonareva 6-2, 6-7 (4-7), 7-6 (17-15). The winner had nothing left when she showed up to engage Davenport, who is wielding the hottest hand on the women's tour. Davenport won 6-1, 6-1.

"Lindsay wouldn't let her warm up," said Giscafre. "She barely gave her time to breathe."

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
Nastya gets to rest until Wednesday. She plays the winner of tomorrow's match -

Arantxa Parra Santonja(ESP) .v. Anne Kremer(LUX)

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:12 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/myskina_4999_rx.jpg
© Getty Images
http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif
Win of the Week: Myskina Defeats Zvonareva

SAN DIEGO - History has shown us that even the best of friends have put their friendships aside when battling on the tennis court. It has also proven to us through a number of epic encounters that a match between two friends can be some very intriguing tennis. Such was the case on Saturday night in San Diego when good friends Anastasia Myskina and Vera Zvonareva met for a spot in the Acura Classic final.

And Myskina's almost two and a half hour clash with Zvonareva that resulted in the longest third-set tie-break in WTA Tour history is this week's WTATour.com Win of the Week.

Many players will tell you that it is never easy to play a match when one of your closest friends is on the other side of the net. But allegiances were left in the lockerroom as these two players produced one of the most riveting matches seen on Tour this year as Myskina prevailed, 62 67(4) 76(15).

"I thought I was going to lose," said Myskina. "Vera played unbelievably. I tried to fight and fought for every point. I tried to forget the score and play for every point."

After racing through the first set and narrowly losing the second, the No.3 seeded Myskina had an early 2-0 lead in the decider. But the world No.5 appeared dejected as she lost the next five games to be all but beaten. However, just as Zvonareva was about to reach her career-first Tier I final, Myskina burst back into contention, saving a match point at 5-4 and holding on to force another tie-break.

And what a tie-break it was. In a see-sawing battle, Zvonareva held another eight match points, while Myskina had four of her own, only for the tie-break to exceed 30 points for the first time on the WTA Tour this season.

On Myskina's fifth match point, Zvonareva hit a backhand long to give Myskina her third finals berth of 2004, the second Tier I final of her career.

"I played my best tonight and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't," said Zvonareva. "Tonight it didn't work."

After all the work, Zvonareva's evening wasn't even finished as she still had to compete in her doubles semifinal match. And though Myskina was worn out from her long match with her countrywoman, she still turned out courtside to watch Zvonareva compete in the doubles match - a match which didn't finished until well after midnight. She didn't to watch the match was a way to unwind after such a lengthy affair on court.

cool_olga
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:41 PM
This is sweet "she still turned out courtside to watch Zvonareva compete in the doubles match ".

They are really friends, on court so tough fight and emotions but off court friendshit. I wish Vera got WC for Sopot, but they said no big star will come cus of Olympics.

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:43 PM
Nastya is also close friends with Lena L.
In the tv interview that I saw, Nastya said she did puzzles with Lena L. in Doha.

cool_olga
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
Yeah yeah I know that. Read about those puzzles somewhere before. And where she said Lena L is her best friend on tour. So it's Lena and Vera, actually Vera and Lena seem to be good friends too.

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
I think Nastya and Vera want to be friends with all the Russian players. I know they both prefer to speak Russian.

cool_olga
Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Yes, though I think Nastya don't like Masha so much.

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:45 PM
I think Anastasia likes all the girls. But she wants to stay Russian #1.
I watched the 9 games Nastya won in a row. She was dominating Maria.
Nastya has to keep that level of play. I think she'll be the favorite in Montreal, and then one of the favorites in Athens.

cool_olga
Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:58 PM
Saw Pierce playing today, almost perfect, 31 winners and 8 unforced errors. If she get's through Capriati Nastya will meet her, and this won't be easy match.

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2004, 10:05 PM
Nastya plays A. Parra Santonja tomorrow. Time to get that Davenport match behind you.
And start a new winning streak.

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Nastya gets the primetime match - Myskina vs. Parra Santonja (NB 19.30hrs).

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Which outfit tomorrow -

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040801/i/r3010573405.jpg

or -

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040801/i/r390876221.jpg

the superstar
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Questionable scheduling for Nastya... having her first match on Wednesday night.

Especially since rain is predicted for Thursday and Friday.

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Which outfit tomorrow -

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040801/i/r3010573405.jpg

or -

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040801/i/r390876221.jpg
either one and i'd be a happy camper...... she's gorgeous in everything... :angel:

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Questionable scheduling for Nastya... having her first match on Wednesday night.

Especially since rain is predicted for Thursday and Friday.With Anastasia's draw, no excuses.

Nastya wore red for the final. Amelie, Maria, Dani, are all wearing the same white outfit.
I hope Nastya wears the red. It's her color.

the superstar
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:49 AM
With Anastasia's draw, no excuses.

Nastya wore red for the final. Amelie, Maria, Dani, are all wearing the same white outfit.
I hope Nastya wears the red. It's her color.
Yes, the top half is quite easy...

But, now matter how easy the opponent... 5 matches in 4 1/2 days, with rain delays, can lead to more chance of injury.

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:51 AM
I don't think it matters if she plays Parra Santonja at 7:30 or 4. Just win. It won't be like the Vera match.

the superstar
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:52 AM
You don't know that... Nastya can struggle with any opponent when her game isn't clicking.

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:57 AM
I know Nastya has won 13 of 15. Won a major, and reached a Tier I final.

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 04:11 AM
she will handle santonja well..... she'll get her strokes going and won't be looking ahead... she will play like the top seed in this draw... :)

because that's what she is.....

p.s. i'm sure she's also thinking how wonderful her first game is being a night game.... :fiery: ...

just kidding... i know it's an early night game in the draw... ;) .... the "primo" game that will garner a lot of fans... yea nastya!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink:

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 04:15 AM
I'm very confident in Nastya. She wants to be world #1, and this tournament should get her very close. Nastya is an experienced veteran. She said this after beating Sharapova -

“She played really well and smart at the beginning,” Myskina said. “Then I found the rhythm and understood what she was trying to do.”

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Nastya looks awesome in red -

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/sandiego04/Nastya_SD23.jpg http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/gallery/sandiego04/Nastya_SD27.jpg

the superstar
Aug 4th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Too bad that her face is still hideous.

bubble
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Nastya looks awesome in red -

she does look good but she looked very tired! :o

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:02 AM
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/sport/galleries/ten/images/large/20030827_00_2412574nl084_us_open.jpg
FLUSHING, NY - AUGUST 26: Anastasia Myskina of Russia returns a shot to Henrieta Nagyova of Slovakia during the US Open August 26, 2003

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Too bad that her face is still hideous.
Anastasia is beautiful -

http://tennisfoto.nm.ru/Other/Nastya/1.jpg

Daniel
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Go Nastya!! :D :D

Daniel
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Good luck against Parra :kiss:

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I was away for 2 days and the first thing I saw here is Nastya playing a night match again:fiery: I don't understand what is going on. Is she already the most popular player on tour? If so, why there are 3-4 articles amout Masha on tourney's site and no word about Nastya:confused: . Why does she always gain only the negatives of her high ranking. Probably she will have to switch to days match in the most untoward moment again.:fiery: And no Nastya on TV again:banghead:
At least I hope she has rested well and is ready for next winning streak.
The most beautiful team doesn' play this wee:sad: k but I think that's a wise decision
Good luck tonight girl:kiss: :bounce:

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Nastya is on tv tonight for me. After tonight, it's better that she plays in the afternoon. Because it might rain.
Believe me, her win against Maria last week was big. That shook up a lot of people, who thought Maria was a better player than she is.
All Nastya has to do is to keep playing everybody like she played against Maria.

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Probably ES will show a tape tomorrow and I won't be home.
I want to believe that the wins over Mash and Vera have been big, but unfortunately I saw only the big loss from San Diego and it worries me that the bad schedule may be too dangerous for her again. I don't want more than equal circumstances with others but she's already in disadvantage and the rain may make the things only worse

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
There's no Davenport here. That was the problem. It didn't matter how much sleep Nastya had. Lindsay is the best player on hardcourt right now.
You can't worry about the schedule now, Nastya hasn't played a match in Canada yet. The top half is soft. Nastya has a great opportunity here.

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Davenport isn't from another planet. She plays very well when she can dominate but when she is under pressure she crumbles. Therefore she can't win a slam since 3 years and I think she won't win USO either. She didn't start the match very well, Nastya had break opportunities in first games. If she was in full shape and was taking some of these opportunities it coud have been the whole different story. So I don't think the Davenport superiority is so big and Nastya's shape didn't matter. With her game in the final she would have lost to most of top 30 players. She needs to be on her best in every match to win this tourney

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Nastya could have served out the match against Vera in the second set. If she did that, she wouldn't have been so tired.
Nastya just has to play well, and get off the court.

Nastya is steady. Nastya is smart.
Nastya fights with all her heart.
Nastya is brave. Nastya stands tall.
Please win the tournament in Montreal!

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:44 PM
I still think Nastya should be the favorite to win this Tier I. Play your game, and get off the court as soon as you can.

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 10:54 PM
in 40 minutes our nastya will play,
win zero and zero? that she just may.
but if she does not, it'll be okay,
she'll just win, so get out of her way..... :)

GOOOOOOO NASTYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! UDACHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i'm guessing udachi means "let's go!" because i have no clue what it means!!!!
sorry everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drink: :drink: :banana: :drink: :drink:

cool_olga
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:00 PM
GQ russian site has a poll with many categories to vote. Nastya is in the category a woman of the year. You can view the site herehttp://www.gq.ru/actions/voting.xml. If you don't know how Nastya's name looks in Russian I made a quick screen to show you.

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/vote.jpg

Let's vote for Nastya and make her woman of the year!

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:09 PM
no, udachi is good luck:wavey:
Nastya will be on the court soon I'm becoming:nerner:
Nastya please win and win as quickly as possible
you have to save your energy for the next 4 matches here :drive:

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Lol Ola I already posted a separate thread in RR but no one has answered so far:sad:

you may post your screen there as well:)

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:29 PM
BTW Ola how did you transform the page in jpg. ?

the woman of the year

http://www.kommersant.ru/Issues.photo/SPORT/2004/105T/ks05_0080001.jpg

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:36 PM
BTW Ola how did you transform the page in jpg. ?

the woman of the year

http://www.kommersant.ru/Issues.photo/SPORT/2004/105T/ks05_0080001.jpg
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

by the way are you guys able to watch this match overseas??

i'm watching live right now...

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:37 PM
GQ russian site has a poll with many categories to vote. Nastya is in the category a woman of the year. You can view the site herehttp://www.gq.ru/actions/voting.xml. If you don't know how Nastya's name looks in Russian I made a quick screen to show you.

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/video/mypics/vote.jpg

Let's vote for Nastya and make her woman of the year!
olga... you're brilliant..... ;)

goldenlox
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:38 PM
They started. The woman of the year needs to win quick.

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:39 PM
oh my! what a brilliant dropshot by nastya!!! :hearts:

Nastyafan
Nastya is starting now
good luck again:kiss:
please don't follow your partner and friend Lena
show her how to win such matches:yeah:

deckham
break point!!! break break break

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:40 PM
yes!!!! she broke!!!!!!! looking good.... moving well..... smacking that backhand!!!! that's it!!!!!

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:40 PM
15-love

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:41 PM
30-love

Nastyafan
oh my! what a brilliant dropshot by nastya!!! :hearts:
do you watch deckham?
woohooo Nastya breaks

deckham
double fault.... :fiery:

30-15

deckham
30-30.. come on nastya... compose yourself

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM
deuce... whew... thank goodness...

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM
damn..... ad out@

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:43 PM
wow... brilliant backhand... deuce

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:43 PM
yes! ad in... good point

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:44 PM
woohoo!!! way to hold!!!! 2-0 .... :)

deckham
that backhand is flying!!!

Nastyafan
2-0:D
what is her outfit?

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:45 PM
good lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nastya is knocking the hell out of the ball!!

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:48 PM
ad nastya!!! another running volley... she's awesome at those.... hehehee

deckham
3-0 nastya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!

Nastyafan
from 40-15 to ad. Nastya take it!
:woohoo: 3-0

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:50 PM
what's the outfit deck?

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:55 PM
what's the outfit deck?
i believe it's the dark navy one from san diego.... looks very nice.

Nastyafan
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Nastya stop DF
pfff a long game
finaly4-0:drive:

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:56 PM
oh wow... i love it when she takes the ball in the air... she's brilliant at that.... :)

deckham
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:59 PM
nastya is coming with the heat today nastyafan!!!! smacking the cover off the ball!!

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:00 AM
i believe it's the dark navy one from san diego.... looks very nice.
so our black mamba is ready to bite
break again BM!
:woohoo: 5-0
NOW BAGEL HER

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:00 AM
5-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parra playing decent ... but myskina making all the important shots... hitting the corners.... myskina is brilliant...... :kiss:

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:01 AM
myskina was looking into the crowd during the changeover...... she look shocked at something... heheheh

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:02 AM
ACE !! 15-love

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:02 AM
30-love... :yeah:

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:03 AM
40-love .. triple set point!

deckham
40-15

deckham
wow!!! what a forehand!!! 6-0!!

deckham
myskina (when she doesn't double fault) is playing brilliant tennis!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:04 AM
14 winners, 10 unforced errors.......

only 55% of 1st serve... but that's decent....

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:05 AM
:woohoo: BAGEL
Is she so faultless:eek:
it seems she had tough games

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:05 AM
myskina playing with her strings between the changeover again.... looking sexy and stuff.... ;)

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:06 AM
there were a few tight games... but she always came up with winners ... :)

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:06 AM
myskina hitting those angles as well..... she really is playing smart tennis... and power tennis with finesse as well.... :) :) :)

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:08 AM
1-0 myskina!!! another break!!!

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:09 AM
now stay concentrated Nastya
don't allow her to start fighting

GOOOD 1-0:worship:

deckham
15-15

deckham
lovely touch... very very stylish tonight!!!!!!!!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:10 AM
oooooooooh... fiesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40-15

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:10 AM
game! 2-0!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:11 AM
oh wow!!! what a backhand!!! :eek: 15-15

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:11 AM
myskina playing with her strings between the changeover again.... looking sexy and stuff.... ;)
:lick:

2-0:bounce:
keep going BM

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:12 AM
40-15... come on nastya.. you got this

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:12 AM
40-30... come on!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:13 AM
wow again!!! how does she hit the ball in the air like that with her backhand !! :kiss:

deuce

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:14 AM
lol!! what a scream by nastya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:15 AM
i wish you guys were seeing this... her touch is absolutely phenomenal tonight!! top notch!!!

cool_olga
Nastyafan where did you get this great pic? :)
i make print screen then copy in paint, save in jpg, open in photoshop and write what i want, then save like taht and put on server ;)

Nastya's gonna give her double bagle !!!!!!! :lol:

You're great girl!

deckham
ad in.... come on nastya... don't grab your back....:fiery:

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:16 AM
2-1 nastya

cool_olga
Yeah I wish I could have seen this :p But tomorrow I hope they will show it here. Today they showed Sharapova and Dementieva so tomorrow maybe Nastya. But since it's match with no fight I am not so sure :rolleyes:

Nastyafan
pfff GP Parra save it
goood, now win the next 2 points
pff 2BP missed :fiery:
but stay focused now, it's critical time for you

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:18 AM
crap... 15-30

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:19 AM
uh oh... a few UE's by nastya!

15-40

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:20 AM
what a winner.... ad in..... good job nastya

cool_olga
It's hard to keep focus when you're winning 6-0 2-0. Just Nastya it can't stay for too long.
Davai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deckham
good!! saved it!! 3-1 myskina!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:21 AM
wow.. very aggressive nastya right now.... :fiesty:

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Nastyafan where did you get this great pic? :)
i make print screen then copy in paint, save in jpg, open in photoshop and write what i want, then save like taht and put on server ;)

Nastya's gonna give her double bagle !!!!!!! :lol:

You're great girl!
i have my sources too:p
Nstya what's going 15-40
don't let her back
well saved and ad, close it
:woohoo: 3-1 very important game

cool_olga
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:22 AM
3-1, very good Nastya :) Shw didn't make ue on BP, that shows her from very good side

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:23 AM
nastya abusing her racket after that long forehand...... and another racket bounce after a bad backhand in the net..... :(

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:24 AM
extrrrrrrreeeeeeemmmmmeeellyyyyyyyyyyy long rally......... good tennis.........

nastya won the point ofcourse.... ;)

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:25 AM
ad out.... break myskina!!!!! 4/6 break points so far this match... :yeah:

cool_olga
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Nice eyeline she has on this pic :rolleyes:

BP Natsya, win it :D

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:26 AM
long forehand by nastya..... :(.....

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:27 AM
nastya hitting in the net more... doesn't look too thrilled about it.....

ace....

3-2 myskina

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:28 AM
pff 40-15
parra is starting to compete
don't give her chances Nastya
deuce now breeeaaak!
another BP missed fight!
the game is becoming tight
3-2
hooold!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:30 AM
15-30... come on nastya....

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:30 AM
looking a bit lazy.. flat footed on the serve....... sending a backhand well wide.... 15-40!!!! nastya!!!!!!!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:31 AM
yes!! saved 2 bp's again!!! held on all 9 break points...

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:32 AM
looking at jens after silly hit!!! don't worry about him!!! worry about hitting the ball in!!! :fiery:

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:33 AM
missing her dropshots now..... smacking her racket around.... :(

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:34 AM
oh shit... 3-3.... jens just staring at her... both of them just a bit in shock now... back on serve....

come on!!! just hit the ball in the corners... don't be too fancy

nice return... :yeah:

love-15

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:35 AM
15-40 NASTYAAAAA NOOOO!
good saved again but GP wasted
and 3-3:fiery: :fiery:
this game is going like the match with vera
NASTYA BREAK!!!!

deckham
changing her racket... think she broke her frame earlier... oopsy daisies.... :eek:

15-15

deckham
she has lost her rhythm completely right now..... 40-15

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:37 AM
3-4 myskina.......

she has got to get it together!!!!!

just sitting on the bench now.. drinking some water.....

side note: beautiful night in montreal right now... partly cloudy mid-60's......

i think i should go give nastya a hug... i'm flying up to montreal now... :bolt:

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Nastya, why when I follow you never can finish easily
fight girl you have to hold now

deckham
myskina serving... 15-love

deckham
30-love

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:39 AM
40-love... much better now.....

deckham
held at love.... yes... well done... now refocus....

deckham
love-15.... nice point... just making her mess up

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:40 AM
wow! backhand winner....... love-30

Nastyafan
finaly a good hold
now focus and breeeeaaaaak

deckham
she's whacking that ball again... looks like it did earlier in the game...

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:41 AM
nastya!!!! very lazy!!! she thought she had already won the point then lost it! :fiery:

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:41 AM
30-40... get this now!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:42 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she missed all 3 bp's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:42 AM
wide backhand... ad in.... come on!!!

fight fight fight!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:43 AM
back to deuce... now smarten up nastya.... don't hit like a wild woman!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:43 AM
ad nastya... take this point and close out the match!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:44 AM
a loud NYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from myskina after that miss...................

back to deuce...

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:45 AM
ad myskina again... this is frustrating!!!!!!! :hug: take it!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:45 AM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally got that break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

serving for the match........ :banana:

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:47 AM
great hit.... 15-love

deckham
30-love.... well done

Nastyafan
Finaly
this could be a decisive game
please serve out now
dont repeat vera's match

deckham
yes!!! 40-love

triple match point!!! do it!!!!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Ace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:49 AM
62% 1ST serve in
2 aces
4 double faults
27 winners
23 unforced errors
5/12 break points won

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:50 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: NASTYA!!!:kiss: :hearts: :inlove:
AGAIN CHOOSE THE MOST DIFFICULT WAY, BUT FINISHED IN STYLE
:banana: :worship: :bounce: :bigclap: :yippee:

cool_olga
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Pretty good stats :)

Congrats Nastya, great job!!!! :woohoo:

goldenlox
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:55 AM
That was good. She won the last 3 games to get out of there. I'll see Nastya's match tomorrow on tv.
But it's on delayed tape.

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Did she scream NYET?:hug:
I don't understand why she always has problems in the middle of the second set when she shoud win easily.
maybe she hasn't killing instinct:confused:

goldenlox
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Get some sleep tonight. Rubin will be motivated tomorrow -

Court Central start 11:00 AM
(14)E Bovina (RUS) vs (2)A Mauresmo (FRA)
Not before 1:00 PM
(5)J Capriati (USA) vs M Pierce (FRA)
(3)A Myskina (RUS) vs (15)C Rubin (USA)

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:03 AM
the schedule is good for tomorrow - late, but not night so she will have enough time to rest for tomorrow's and hopefuly for friday's game.
probably i won't be able to follow the match tomorrow, so maybe she will beat chanda easy like the last week:worship:

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Summary of Myskina match v. Parra Santonja:

Nastya started off the match on fire and she eventually won the first 8 games in a row. In the first set Nastya was hitting all the corners and hitting all the winners, hitting a few unforced errors (around 10) but hitting more winners in the process. When Nastya was not hitting the winners she was making Parra run the court which caused many a great deal of errors on Parra's behalf. Although a 6-0 first set for nastya, there were a few tough games that went to deuce.... primarily on her serve. Nastya saved nearly 5 break points in the first set alone. The first set though was typical Nastya showing that she has an all around game including dropshots, a deep return of serve, favoring her 2-handed backhand she would attack any ball in the air that she could and would more than likely hit them all for winners. Also, Nastya overpowered Parra in the 1st set always keeping Parra on her heels.

The 2nd set started off where the 1st set ended. Broke Parra on the first service game and then followed that up with a hold of her own. Parra finally held her serve at 1-2 and that is where Nastya began to lose her rhythm and strokes. Parra now was the one keeping the ball in play whereas nastya was looking for the winners and hitting them either wide or into the net. A few "Nyet" 's and a couple rackets thrown towards the ground during these trying games. Ofcourse you throw in a few glances at Jens and you start seeing a very tense Nastya that has lost the momentum. Luckily Nastya never lost focus entirely. She would still attempt the dropshots and go for the winners until they started coming again. Tied 4-4 (and after missing triple break point in the same game), Nastya broke Parra to take it to 5-4 and had a flawless service game to finish off the match (with an ace). Nastya showed some signs of struggle but never looked like she was going to lose the match, or the set for that matter. A good display of tennis and she looks like she's back on form.

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Did she scream NYET?:hug:
I don't understand why she always has problems in the middle of the second set when she shoud win easily.
maybe she hasn't killing instinct:confused:
yes... she screamed nyet... mabye twice... ;)

at one point she let out a ferocious scream (it was kinda cute.. :lol: ) ... but it caught me offguard... :scared:

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:10 AM
thanhks deck, great reports and summary of the match:bowdown: :worship:
it would be nice if you can do the same for tomorrow's match because i won't be home

deckham
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:15 AM
thanhks deck, great reports and summary of the match:bowdown: :worship:
it would be nice if you can do the same for tomorrow's match because i won't be home
thanks nastyafan.... :yeah:

i will definitely do that if i pick up the feed... but i don't know if i will.... :awww: i'll do my best to though..... i want to watch nastya!!

Nastyafan
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:15 AM
I think Nastya is again #3 in the world :worship:
but i'm not pretty sure
and every win more than Momo will send her to #2:angel: