PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:27 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NASTYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

the cat
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:31 PM
GL, what would you rather have, Myskina's 1 grand slam singles title or Clijsters and Mauresmo's reputations and zero grand slam singles titles? I think everyone would rather have a grand slam singles title.

This was a bad loss for Anastasia. But Amy Frazier is playing well and deserves some credit for winning this match. And Ana now needs to learn how to play as a grand slam contender and the pressure that comes with it.

Now the possible dream 2004 Wimbledon match between Myskina and Sharapova is history. This has been a terrible tournament for the Russina's. :( And the play of the Russian men was even worse! :mad: :eek:

Daniel
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:32 PM
well I know is a shame to lose to Frazier in 3R @ Wimby, but we all know rain fucked up her chances, in less than 24 hours playing 2 matches. She needed some time to rest. Nastya does not have the results of a player outside top 50, only bad performances in 2004 have been Berlin 2R losing to Lena Likhitseva and Wimbledon 3R losing to Frazier. I am so hurt. Her chacnes of oveaking Juju in the race are gone, also Momo might pass her in the rankings. Nastya did not defend her points fomr last year :sad: and I still can't believe she lost to Frazier. Stupid tournament. i still believe she will win US open 2004 ;) :hug: Good luck Nastya :D

Daniel
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:35 PM
GL, what would you rather have, Myskina's 1 grand slam singles title or Clijsters and Mauresmo's reputations and zero grand slam singles titles? I think everyone would rather have a grand slam singles title.

This was a bad loss for Anastasia. But Amy Frazier is playing well and deserves some credit for winning this match. And Ana now needs to learn how to play as a grand slam contender and the pressure that comes with it.

Now the possible dream 2004 Wimbledon match between Myskina and Sharapova is history. This has been a terrible tournament for the Russina's. :( And the play of the Russian men was even worse! :mad: :eek:

In my book Anastasia is much better than Kim and Momo so far. the difference is the Grand Slam. with time Nastya will handle pressure much better.

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Nastya almost lost last round. She has been playing Tier IV players these first 3 rounds.
Venus lost to a good player. Maria and Dani are good players.
Nastya, Elena D., and Sveta did zero this tournament. And this is Wimbledon.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I think this week was more to do with nastya's attitude. She didn't play a warm up, yeah I know she just won a slam but both Kim and JHH after Paris last year played Rosmalen did well there and both made a semi at Wimbledon. Nastya chose not to play, she didn't practice the day it was rained out cause she didn't want to practice indoors but practicing indoors is better than nothing, and I feel she relied a fair bit on her reputation, saying things like players are more scared of me now, I don't think they are because she still is an inconsistent player.

I think Nastya has to arrange her schedule so she is healthy and focused for the US Open.

I agree:)

go and win doubles now:p

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Bottom line is Nastya can't hold serve. On grass, you can't expect to break and break.
You have to hold your serve.

Daniel
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Naomi ,
excuse me but what do u men with Nastia is an inconsistent player? only 2 mediocre performances in 2004. She won Roland Garros, does it make her inconsistent? I agree when you say she said those things and relied on her reputation but the schedule destroyed her chances. She had no chance to practice the last couple of days. Anyways, she lost and well still wish her good luck in doubles.

the cat
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:42 PM
You didn't answer my question GL.

Well said Daniel.

I think people have to understand how slight Anastasia is and slightly built girls don't dominate in women's tennis. Nastya is having a great career and she will have many more grand slams to play and make a run at the title. I think she now needs to adjust to being a star and a celebrity. It can't be easy for a girl who always played in the shadowns and was never hyped.

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
I don't want 1 slam followed by terrible performances. People will always say that everyone was injured or slumping, and Nastya did nothing but push the ball back.
More results like this will make the Majoli comparisons look like an insult to Iva.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Naomi ,
excuse me but what do u men with Nastia is an inconsistent player? only 2 mediocre performances in 2004. She won Roland Garros, does it make her inconsistent? I agree when you say she said those things and relied on her reputation but the schedule destroyed her chances. She had no chance to practice the last couple of days. Anyways, she lost and well still wish her good luck in doubles.

She could have practiced, they have indoor courts. And I am looking at her past 12 months when I say inconsistent and her record against the top players. I think her indoor season last year shows what I mean by inconsistent, she won Moscow and Leipzig and was R/u in Philadelphia but what did she do in Fildestadt and Linz? I'm not criticising Nastya for this, I'm just saying she is, and it is something she will obviously work on and improve. And as for the 'she won Fo so does that make her inconsistent' I am talking from tournament to tournament not during tournaments.

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I stll don't want to believe it's true.
She was almost back. And how can GS champion to choke like that in the second set?
And why exactly vs. this f****** albino, that I have never liked but now she is on the top on my hated list. And this f****** Wimby is over to me. And the biggest chance for #1 gone:mad: :mad: :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
Why Nastya whyyyy?:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

cool_olga
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, you're right Scott.
I mean she lost it but she was fighting hard. Win is important but still it was so much going on aroud her lately. She won French Open and suddenly she got so much attention. Being on covers on magazines, when before there was even no sentence wrote about her, doing photoshoots. It all came to her so unexpectly.

With no warm up played on grass and this rain things she could have feel worse. Before she was always playing Eastbourne, before even DSF Classic too. She was fighting and this loss maybe not mean everything. She did so much this year, she is #3 in the world, what more we should expect from this thinny, kind girl?

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I thought Nastya was going to lose her first round match at RG. No one was predicting Nastya to win the French Open.
Nastya is not at the level where she can win several majors. But her draw here was good for 3 rounds.
And Nastya could not reach the hard part of her draw.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:53 PM
In my book Anastasia is much better than Kim and Momo so far. Much better:eek: Then why doesn't she lead them in their H2H's? I think they are all on the same level.

cool_olga
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Well to be Kim's level it is soething different. Kim was dominating tennis for almost one year, it is not yet that kind of situation with nastya. Of course she has now Grand Slam title while Kim not, but taking all results and game it's different. I would say she is on Mauresmo's, Capriati's level, even better.

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I don't think she's at Jennifer's level. Capriati won 3 majors. And was a great prodigy.
Nastya has slowly improved. I would say Nastya is around #8-10. But at this Wimbledon, she's nowhere near that.

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Maybe we should accept that Nastya isn't a true top5 player yet. Top players never lose a match after 6-4 and 4-2 against a mediocre player, they win 6-2 or 6-3. And they get never broken 9 times in a match. Maybe it was too good to be true. Maybe this big win came too early and Nastya wasn't ready for the pressure yet. Maybe the dream ended...
Noo, Nastya I don't want to accept this:fiery: :fiery:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Nastya has been improving. I still think her best tennis is in the future. I've been saying one match at a time this whole tournament.
Nastya was not going to play well here. She just won her first major. She met world leaders, was on magazine covers.
I was hoping, like the French Open, she would somehow find her best game. But it wasn't going to happen here.
This year, injuries have affected results. It's good that Nastya won a major.

the cat
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks Ola.

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I just saw the last 3 games and I think Nastya didn't look motivated enough. Yes, she saved 5MP but I have a feeling that Nastya was hitting the ball carelessly and just was fortunate. At the last MP she had an easy passing shot and didn't hit the court.
And I don't know why she played constantly 2-3 m behind the baseline and never came to the net(in stats she has 2 net approaches) She was more aggressive on clay
Definitely she wasn't Nastya from RG..
Why Nastya, where is your desire and will:confused: :mad: :sad:

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Nastya/Vera won.
Is anyone a bit happier? I'm not.
even can't understand how she was able to play.
I could not

AKTW
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Nastya/Vera won.
Is anyone a bit happier? I'm not.
even can't understand how she was able to play.
I could not
I have the same feeling.

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Nastya had to play. She's a professional. Only one player wins each tournament.
You learn to put it behind you, and you move on.

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:09 PM
But that may mean that Nastya doesn't care enough. She shouldn't accept such a loss easily. She should be angry, furious she should realize that it's a terrible loss for a player with her status and it should NEVER happen again. If she loses her fire and gets used to accept such losses listlessly she is done:fiery:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Myskina Bows Out of Sw19

By Jim van Wijk, PA Sport

A “tired” French Open champion Anastasia Myskina could not hide her disappointment after this afternoon bowing out of Wimbledon on court two, the ‘graveyard of the seeds’.

The Russian came to the All England Club on the back of a first Grand Slam triumph at Roland Garros, but was not able to manage a repeat performance at SW19 after losing 4-6 6-4 6-4 to American Amy Frazier.

It was Myskina’s second match in as many days after her meeting with Hungarian Aniko Kapros had been held over by the rain delay, and also went to three sets.

“I was pretty slow today,” reflected the number two seed. “I didn’t move as well as I should have.

“I deserved to lose this match because I wasn’t really ready to win.

“Amy was playing pretty good and she really wanted to win the match.”

Myskina conceded it was difficult to raise herself for the challenges of grass – not to mention England’s inclement summer weather – following such a successful run on clay in Paris.

“The preparation maybe wasn’t good enough, the weather as well and the fact I had to play a lot of matches. I’m a human being and I got tired.”

The 22-year-old was given little chance to reflect on her defeat, though, as she had to take part in the women’s doubles with compatriot Vera Zvonareva later in the afternoon.

That match was, ironically, also on court two, but this time ended on a positive note following the 6-4 6-2 win over Samantha Reeves and Elena Tatarkova.

“I didn’t really want to play from the beginning as I was really upset,” said Myskina.

“But you play as a team, so you should play no matter what happens in your singles.”

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I said yesterday that this court is damn:devil:
and Boris proved to be a jinx:devil:
and the weather and the grass and the whole Wimby :devil: :devil: :devil: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:51 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
A. Myskina Interview
Friday, June 25, 2004

THE MODERATOR: Anastasia Myskina. Please, questions.

Q. You said when we spoke yesterday you felt maybe you didn't have enough time between games. Did that affect you in the final set today?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, I was pretty slowly today. I didn't move as well as I should move. And I think I just deserved to lose this match because I wasn't really ready to win.

Amy was playing pretty good, I think, and she really want to win the match.

Q. Do you think coming into this tournament your preparations could have maybe been different or was it just really the weather which caused the problem?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, everything. The preparation maybe wasn't that good enough. The weather, as well. You know, play lot of matches. You know, just human being, you get tired. And that's happen me.

Q. How did you feel having to go play doubles straightaway?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I didn't really want to play in the beginning, I was really upset. But, you know, you play like a team, so you should play no matter what happen in your singles. So I play.

Q. Will you play more grass next year?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Definitely. I mean, it depends again the French Open, as well, because if you play two weeks, just no way you can play something before Wimbledon.

Q. Were you aware of the reputation of that court as the graveyard for champions?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: What is that?

Q. Court 2 has a long history in this tournament as being a place where champions are upset by lesser players. Did you know about that?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: You know, I didn't knew, but I don't like the court at all (smiling). It start yesterday. I almost lost the match there. So today that was my last match on that court. I mean, doubles, it's different.

Q. You played there yesterday?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes, and almost lost. But, you know, I don't think it's court, just yourself, what you do on that court. And it wasn't good.

Q. Is it very disappointing for you to lose today or do you still have in mind what you did in Paris?>

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, definitely real disappoint. I mean, French Open already in the past, and right now it's Wimbledon. I'm really disappoint right now.

Q. For the future, what are your expectations for the next tournaments? Do you think you will be ready to recover, repeat what happened in Paris?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No more clay courts in the future, but I don't know if you can repeat French Open. For sure, I'm going to prepare for Fed Cup in Argentina, and Olympic Games, that's the main goal.

Q. I'm working on a profile of the Russian players. Is it correct that you trained in the same club as Elena Dementieva?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Used to practice together, long time ago, when we were kids.

Q. Is that the CSK?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It's Spartak.

Q. After that, what was the club you played in?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Actually I've been there for all my life. I move couple of years ago to the private club. Nothing special.

Q. Spartak, you were with Marat Safin's mother?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes, for 10 years.

Q. Which other players were there with you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Just Dementieva. Kournikova was in Spartak, but she was different coach.

Q. Do you wish you could really take a long break now to absorb the French Open?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It's no way I can take a break, because we have Fed Cup.

Q. Do you wish you could?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I wish I could, but there's no time. Everything happened too fast. But, I mean, that's the schedule. And you play every year the same, so you have to be ready for that. I hope I will prepare myself for the Olympics game.

Q. Do you think it's rather silly to have the French and Wimbledon so close together?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It was already question yesterday the same. Yeah, it is, it's really close. But like I said, you professional tennis player, you have to be ready for that. If you not, you just lose.

Q. What will be your plans now? Will you spend your time training, preparing for the Fed Cup, or spend a couple days in London?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I'm still in doubles and mixed.

Q. Once it's over.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: As soon as over, I go home, then fly to Argentina week before Fed Cup starts because it's long trip and we have to acclimatization.

Q. So hardly no break?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It's going to be no break at all.

Q. Did you feel being the French Open champion, that put you under more pressure here?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, I didn't feel pressure at all. Of course, a little bit. But it's just completely how I was feeling, and I was really tired today, and I wasn't feel pressure, I just felt that I can win that, I can win the match.

Q. Does it make you more determined to come back next time?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. I mean, if you mean for Wimbledon?

Q. Yes.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It's going to be less points to defend, so I'm going to be completely free to play here, and I'm going to feel comfortable.

Q. Do you think if you come to Wimbledon very well‑prepared, do you think you have a good chance to win this tournament as well as in Paris?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Why not? I mean, if you can win a French Open, why not Wimbledon? You just have to prepare right. I mean, it's different surface, different game. Serve is really important, and my serve wasn't that good today.

Q. Do you feel good on grass? Do you think your game is good for this surface?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, I feel good. Just, you know, I feel comfortable on grass

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:15 PM
So this week coming up is like a vacation for Nastya. Just doubles and mixed. Then she prepares for Fed Cup.

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:26 PM
I'm looking the statistic time and time again and can't believe it has happened
Match Summary Frazier (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/bios/ws/wtaf034.html) (USA) Myskina (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/bios/ws/wtam533.html) (RUS)
1st Serve %70 of 111 = 63 % 56 of 97 = 58 %
Aces 1 6
Double Faults 11 6
Unforced Errors 26 17
Winning % on 1st Serve37 of 70 = 53 % 31 of 56 = 55 %
Winning % on 2nd Serve16 of 41 = 39 %15 of 41 = 37 %
Winners (Including Service)27 35
Receiving Points Won51 of 97 = 53 % 58 of 111 = 52 % Break Point Conversions9 of 16 = 56 % 8 of 18 = 44 %
Net Approaches12 of 19 = 63 % 2 of 2 = 100 % Total Points
Won 104 104
Fastest Serve 101MPH 108 MPH
Average 1st Serve Speed96 MPH 96 MPH
Average 2nd Serve Speed92 MPH 77 MPH

That should be the weirdest match in tennis history. Looking especialy Winners-UE and Aces-DF ratio it should be a crushing win for Nastya.
I know, the logical answer is - she hasn't won the important poins but how it's possible such an anomaly
The second answer is that the statistician has been some wild (like me) Nastya's fan who has wanted her to win so badly that he has seen unreal winners and UE. But at least the Aces and DF are real
And the third answer is that this is really some kind of damn bewitched haunted court where no matter how well the favourites play, they almost always lose. Nastya escaped somehow yesterday, but not today.:sad: :sad: :sad:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:38 PM
To me, there is one important stat. Break Point Conversions - 9 of 16 = 56 %
You have to hold serve on grass. Frazier will be lucky to get 5 games total against Maria.

Nastyafan
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Yes, but BP and their conversion are a function of winner-UE ratio - it's logically that if you have better ratio you will have more BP and more converted of them

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:02 AM
BTW do you know how can I leave more than a single-space in the text?

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Уступила американке Эмми Фрэзер чемпионка «Ролан Гарроса» Анастасия Мыскина. Настя боролась героически, отыграв четыре матчбола. Но сказалась усталость.

«Очень трудно так быстро настроить себя на еще один длинный турнир, – призналась Настя. – Между Открытым чемпионатом Франции и Уимблдоном всего две недели, и этого, конечно, недостаточно для восстановления и хорошей подготовки к еще двум неделям самой напряженной борьбы».

После Уимблдона Насте предстоит сыграть на Кубке Федерации, потом Олимпиада, потом последний в этом году турнир «Большого шлема» – Открытый чемпионат США. График необыкновенно плотный. «Думаю, главным турниром на оставшуюся часть года станет Олимпиада, – сказала Мыскина. – Вдруг больше не удастся попасть на Игры, поэтому сейчас не хочется упускать такую возможность. К тому же интересно испытать атмосферу этого грандиозного спортивного праздника. На Кубке Федерации у нас тоже хороший шанс и отличная команда. Очень хочется выиграть».

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Анастасия Мыскина: "Думаю, что есть шанс быть первой. Это мечта всех теннисисток, но для меня она становится все реальнее"

Елена Зигмунд

http://www.itogi.ru/Paper2004.nsf/Article/Itogi_2004_06_15_12_0482f.html/$file/SPORT-tennis-16hi.jpg
Перед финалом шансы Анастасии Мыскиной оценивались выше, для теннисистки это стало дополнительной психологической нагрузкой
(Фото: THOMAS COEX/AFP)
- Анастасия, "Ролан Гаррос", пожалуй, не был вашим любимым турниром, и вдруг вы заиграли в Париже с таким вдохновением...

- Просто я уже посмотрела все начиная от Лувра и кончая соборами, и на сей раз надо было себя чем-то занять - вот и оставалось только играть и тренироваться. (Смеется.)

- В новогоднем интервью нашему журналу вы говорили, что собираетесь сломать стереотипы и доказать всем, что и российские теннисистки способны побеждать на турнирах "Большого шлема". Тогда в это верилось с трудом...

- На самом деле мы именно тогда с тренером Йенсом Герлахом запланировали такую победу, поставили цель. Оставалось только к ней идти. Сказать, конечно, просто... Но ведь надо было проделать большую работу: это и фитнес, когда хочется и когда не хочется, и теннисные тренировки, и изменение психологического состояния, которое тоже шло постепенно. Если раньше победители "Большого шлема" казались какими-то пришельцами с другой планеты, то сейчас тренер помог мне поверить в то, что это обычные люди, такие же, как я. А когда правильно готовишься, раз за разом обыгрываешь сильнейших, то уверенность приходит.

- Финал получился очень напряженным - в нем сошлись две российские теннисистки. Вы были готовы к такому повороту?

- К этому подготовиться невозможно, потому что решающий матч - это очень тяжело. Это борьба с нервами. И выиграл из нас тот, кто лучше сумел справиться с эмоциями.

- Сильные и слабые стороны вашей соперницы по финалу Елены Дементьевой вам известны еще с детских соревнований. Вам это помогло?

- Я бы так не сказала, потому что Лена обыграла таких звезд, как Амели Моресмо и Линдсей Дэвенпорт. Трудно сказать, что лучше: играть в финале против фаворита, когда терять нечего, или знать, что от тебя ждут победы. Мои шансы считались более предпочтительными потому, что я выше в рейтинге и вроде бы должна выиграть. Вот это "должна" создало такое напряжение, что я не знала, как с ним справиться накануне матча. Я даже плакала в раздевалке... Физиотерапевты тура помогли мне выйти из этого состояния, подсказали, как себя вести, как правильно дышать... Словом, мне приходилось держать эмоции внутри себя, и это помогло мне выиграть.

- Вы довольны физической формой, в которой подошли к этому турниру?

- Я никогда еще не играла подряд семь одиночных матчей, как на этот раз в Париже. Выступала еще и в паре. Но когда закончился финал, подумала: может, еще парочку сыграть?

- Наверное, вам повезло с соперницами?

- Повезло? Не сказала бы, чтобы моя сетка была самой легкой. Конечно, не все матчи требовали такого напряжения, как первый очень нервный с Алисией Молик. Тогда я вообще не знала, задержусь ли в турнире. А матч четвертого круга со Светой Кузнецовой, который потребовал очень много сил? Нелегко было обыграть и Винус Уильямс в конце второй недели. Погода была очень сложная: то дождь, то солнце, то мы на корте, то пережидаем... Небольшое преимущество было на стороне Винус, но я знала, что американка не в наилучшей форме и мне надо чуть-чуть поднажать. Важно, что тренер верил в меня. "Ты это можешь", - говорил Йенс, и это помогало. А ведь в ходе турнира накопилось большое психологическое напряжение, сил пойти куда-нибудь после матча просто не было. Да и времени тоже...

- С Мартиной Хингис вы общались?

- После финала она зашла меня поздравить. Когда я играла в полуфинале с Дженнифер Каприати, Хингис прогнозировала победу американки и уж никак не думала, что я смогу победить в финале.

- Американки, австралийки и многие другие сетуют на то, что в раздевалке теперь слышна в основном русская речь: дескать, шансы нерусскоязычных теннисисток теперь резко уменьшаются в связи с таким "нашествием".

- Если в их стране не хватает игроков, способных выступать на самом высоком уровне, то это их проблемы. Мне же, например, нравится, что появилось много наших хороших теннисисток. Это здорово. И потом: не буду же я играть всю жизнь в теннис. Так что я рада хорошей смене.

- Вам помогает, если вас немного разозлить перед матчем?

- Меня? Не советую. А то будет не 6:1, 6:2, как в финале с Дементьевой, а 6:0, 6:0! Впрочем, я выиграла "Ролан Гаррос" не потому, что ждала подарков от соперниц, а потому, что надеялась на собственную игру.

- Некоторые зарубежные газеты написали, что без сестер Уильямс, выбывших на подступах к финалу, было скучно.

- Ну вот, не понравилось. Вместо того чтобы радоваться, что конкуренция возросла, появились другие претендентки на победу и вообще теннис развивается, слышишь недовольные голоса. А по-моему, здорово, что наконец-то мы стали их обыгрывать! Это придает сил и вдохновляет, ведь борьба теперь становится равной.

- На церемонии награждения вы поблагодарили всех, кто так или иначе был причастен к вашей победе. И все-таки кто больше всего помог вашей карьере состояться?

- Поблагодарила всех лучше как раз Лена на чистейшем французском - это очень важно для парижских зрителей... Мои родители больше всех верили в меня даже тогда, когда у меня были травмы, периоды неважного настроения и казалось, что продолжать играть - это просто ни к чему. Тогда я и представить себе не могла, что буду стоять с кубком Сюзан Ленглен, улыбаться фоторепортерам и слушать российский гимн... Кубок мне только не отдали - он серебряный и очень тяжелый. Зато я получила маленькую копию, которая гораздо легче и удобнее в обращении.

- Оскаровские лауреаты речи иногда загодя пишут, чтобы не ударить в грязь лицом...

- Я ничего не репетировала. Да и вообще не знала, выиграю или нет. Может, когда дело дойдет до "Оскара" в моей жизни, я тоже заранее подготовлюсь. Если подумать, то награждение на "Большом шлеме" ничем не отличается от других турниров, и можно воспринимать это совершенно спокойно. Необычным было слышать гимн своей страны, но плакать как-то не хотелось. Наоборот, мне было так весело, что хотелось побыстрее сбежать с этой замечательной церемонии и послушать гимн где-нибудь в другом месте. Собственно, потом это так и получилось, когда мы пошли на совместный ужин с Шамилем Анвяровичем (Тарпищевым, президентом Федерации тенниса России. - "Итоги"). Только музыка звучала уже другая...

- Вы стали третьей ракеткой мира...

- ...И думаю, что есть шанс быть первой. Это мечта всех теннисисток, но для меня она становится все реальнее и реальнее.

- Победа на "Ролан Гарросе" уже стала историей. Сейчас опять наступают будни?

- От меня теперь будут ждать только побед, а болельщиков огорчать не хочется. Конечно, хорошо бы повторить такой результат на всех последующих турнирах "Большого шлема", но, если серьезно, впереди у меня Уимблдон. Хорошо, что после Парижа получилось отдохнуть дома в Москве, но уже на этой неделе я опять приступаю к тренировкам. Хочется получше подготовиться к траве. Наверное, тренироваться буду в Германии.

- Как и в Париже, вы будете выступать в паре с Верой Звонаревой?

- Мы хотели набрать необходимые очки и попасть на Олимпиаду в парном разряде, потому что вместе играется действительно неплохо. Не знаю пока, получится ли, потому что это зависит от наших выступлений в этом сезоне.

- Говорят, что вы хотели бы стать спортивным дизайнером.

- Пока что у меня были какие-то идеи, я делилась ими с компанией, в форме которой выступаю. Я могла сказать, что мне нравится, а что нет. И попросить что-то изменить, как это получилось с фасоном юбки, в которой я выступала в Париже. Пока что наши отношения с этой компанией были весьма поверхностными: они мне присылали вещи общей коллекции, а я уже смотрела, в чем мне будет удобно выступать, а в чем нет. Сейчас наш контракт как раз кончается, но если он будет продолжен, возможно, все окажется по-другому. У меня появится больше возможностей проявить себя творчески и, не исключено, создать какую-то именную экипировку

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Nastya, your chance almost gone:sad: :banghead:

JLDementieva
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I didn't see the match, but I'm just so bummed right now.......
I am really shocked to see the stats! Anyways, this year's Wimbledon really sucks for me, my 3 favs losing in the first week..........!

Verba
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Nastya's loss is shocking... :crying2: But at least she showed her fighting spirit...
She went through a lot of losses in the past, and she will go through this one. Maybe, it will make her even stronger, and she will learn something from it.

And she is obviously tired...
Bad Wimbledon for Russians... :mad:

Verba
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Do you think guys Nastya will become number 1 some day?

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:30 AM
It's not a bad Wimbledon for the Russians. I think Maria can win this tournament.
I don't think Nastya can get to #1. Her serve is broken much too often.
You can't serve at 5-3 against Kapros, and lose the set 7-5. On grass, that's sloppy tennis.
I don't even have to see the match to know that's sloppy tennis.

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Do you think guys Nastya will become number 1 some day?I was almost sure, now... I highly doubt
With a decent performance here she would need the same in summer(maybe SF and QF everywhere would be enough). Now she needs at least one big win (Canada, Olimpics or a final at USO) and a strong performance everywhere. But even this may not be enough. Momo:devil: with her open draw will go ahead with 400-500 points after Wimby and if she goes well in summer too Nastya hardly will catch her.
Nastya proved that she is capable of big wins, but she isn't ready for consistent permanent performance yet. The true #1 can't be so tired after one big tourney(she even hadn't a tough match durring the second week), at least not physical.
And she shouldn't be more affected from rain delays than one mediocre player:devil: who had even a longer match in the second round.
Maybe I'm too harsh, but I like this girl so much and still I can't accept this terrible loss and still I feel so sad, desperate, crushed:sad: :sad: :sad:

cool_olga
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Stats are really weird but see: Net Approaches12 of 19 = 63 % 2 of 2
She should come to net more on grass. Even when attack is not that well prepared you have 70% chance of winning point. Frazier was trying it. Nastya was near the net two times in 208 rallies played. She is typical baseliner but that's what she should have tried in this match, on grass, she's quite good volleyer, has a touch so I don't know why she didn't.

Being no.1 only depends on when Belgians come. Nastya now will play Acura Classic and Rogers AT&T Cup, two big events, many points to gain and hardcourt so optimal surface for her, and Olypics, her main goal so she wil be focused there.
This loss is lost chance but maybe not everything is lost yet.

Daniel
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Hello cool_olga, the cat, Goldenlox, Nastya fan and the others :wavey:
Thanks for the interviews :D

I am not upset anymore, it is a loss, dissapointg loss but she is still there playing doubles. I nkow she tried, but it was not meant to be for her. I am sure she wil be #1 one day, not anytime soon but that day will come. She will also get another Grand Slam. and will get the respect she deserves from everyone :clap2:. Now I wish her good luck for the Fed Cup and the next tournament and doubles and mixed doubles @ Wimbledon. :kiss: I am proud if being her fan and to share opinion with you guys. We all have sometinhg in common: We love Anastasia Myskina :hearts: :yeah:
Good luck Nastya!!! :worship:

cool_olga
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Nice Daniel :)

Yeah, we can be proud of her anywats, she's become really great player from being only second background on Tour. Nastya you're great and another big days will come for sure! :yeah:
Now she still can enjoy her doubles then well prepare for Fed Cup, good luck!

cool_olga
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Something just confuses me. Yesterday she said she has mixed and she is not in the draw :confused:

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Nice words Daniel and cool_olga. You are positive persons.
I criticized GL for her pessimism, but now it seems I'm the biggest pesimist here. I just can't take it so easily. I'm proud to be her fan as well because I know if she isn't the best player yet, she is the greatest and sweetest personality on the tour. She made me really happy 3 weeks ago, she resurrected my beliefs, hopes, dreams. But now I'm mentally-broken and have a feeling that the dream ended, that everything was too good to be true. I'm glad to have you around, it makes the pain a bit lighter.
Unfortunately I can't infect myself with your optimism yet but still let's hope...
Good luck Nastya!

Verba
Jun 26th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Something just confuses me. Yesterday she said she has mixed and she is not in the draw :confused:

She was supposed to play mixed ...
Probably, they pulled off...Don't know why... :confused:

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I think Nastya has done a great job, to improve to the level she is now playing at.
And winning the French Open is something Nastya can always be proud of.
But to be the best player in the world, you have to prove it with results.
No Tier I titles this year. The French Open championship, plus a good solid year, doesn't make you #1 in the world.

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
The French Open championship, plus a good solid year, doesn't make you #1 in the world.Especially this year it would be enough. The problem is she hasn't a solid year - only 3 good results AO, Doha, IW If she had decent results at Berlin(QF but with only 1 win), Roma, Wimby and was able to play Key Biscayne she could be already #2 and afer 2 harcourt torneys be on the top. Maybe not the best player, but #1 and that would be written in tennis history. Even only with decent Wimby she would have a good chance. And that's a big big lapse.:fiery:

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I think Nastya has been improving year after year. Now she is the 2004 French Open champion. And #3 in the world.
In tennis, you have to keep improving. Nastya has been doing that.
But she lost to Lena L. in Rome. And Frazier at Wimbledon. It happens. Those losses don't mean more than the wins.
It just means Nastya has to work hard, to keep improving.

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:11 PM
No doubt, she has been improving but not so much and not so quickly as I thought and hoped. I know, the next year she will be still better, but that doesn't mean that she will have more successes. Then Belgians, Williamses, someone else may be healtly and stronger. And Nastya may suffer some injury(I hope not, but it happens) Just now she had a rare chance to prove herself as a true and indisputable top player, to reach the very top. Such opportunities don't happen so often, sometimes it's the only one in your life That is why I'm so sad and angry

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:21 PM
I didn't expect Nastya to win every major. And this year is strange because there is red clay Fed Cup coming up. And then the Olympics.
But Nastya is #3 right now. And one of the fastest players on the tour.
But Nastya needs to play very steady, for her speed to be a weapon.

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I didn't expect it either(maybe hoped a bit), but still less I expected this loss. I expected SF-QF, at worst a loss vs. Masha. Such a decent performance would keep her prestige and a chance for #1. Now she lost from both, and this loss will pressure her mentaly in the next matches
Indeed Nastya is fast and that makes even more unexplainable why in that last match she has come to the net only 2 times:confused:

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Wimbledon came soon after Roland Garros. I was worried before this tournament started.
Now Nastya still has the Olympics, the US Open, and the YEC.
Plus Fed Cup, and other tournaments.

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:00 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_05_myskina64_getty.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040625/capt.xwim16806251537.britain_wimbledon_tennis_xwim 168.jpg

Nastya, I don't want ever more to see you like that:inlove: :sad: :hearts: :crying2: :kiss:

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Nastya has to be prepared for Fed Cup. Suarez and Dulko on red clay in Argentina. It won't be easy.

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:08 PM
You almost made me laugh for the first time after the yesterday's loss GL.
Nastya just missed maybe one of the biggest chances of her life and you are already in FC. Who cares about it just now?

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:12 PM
I think Maria would beat Nastya very easily, if they played on Monday. Maria is playing much better tennis.
I don't think Frazier will get more than 5 games in the match.
Nastya almost lost to Kapros, and then lost to Frazier. I don't need to see the Sharapova match. Maria is playing at a much higher level.

Nastyafan
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:38 PM
The matches never resemble each other. Nastya almost lost to Molik, to Sveta but then gave only 14 games to 3 top10 players. If I'm not wrong in IW she almost lost to Vento and then thrashed Masha to 2, 1. I still think she had pretty good chances against Masha here. But we will never know

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:41 PM
We will never know because Nastya lost to Frazier. That's tennis. Nastya has to win that match.
Sveta and Elena D. lost close first round matches. If they got through, they might both still be in the tournament.
You have to beat the players ranked below you.

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Often only one point may separate the triumph and the failure. One point more for Sveta, and the glory would have been for other. Maybe one more saved MP divided Nastya from another triumph. Sometimes the border is quite thin. You just have to cross it. This time Nastya wasn't able :sad:

Verba
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:09 AM
You have to beat the players ranked below you.

It's not that easy as it seems...
Vera Zvonareva once said that every girl among the top 100 is very strong and that you should be prepared for each match...

If you play among those who ranked below you and they get a lot of motivation and you feel a lot of pressure than the chance of losing is high...

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:15 AM
We can't expect Nastya to win every major. Let's be realistic. This is Nastya's best year ever.
But she can't overpower players, and just blow them off the court. Nastya has to counterpunch. Pick her spots.
She has to play a very intelligent game. Very little margin for error. But Nastya, Elena, and Sveta, should all still be in this tournament.
You have to find a way to win against these players.

Verba
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:26 AM
We can't expect Nastya to win every major. Let's be realistic. This is Nastya's best year ever.
But she can't overpower players, and just blow them off the court. Nastya has to counterpunch. Pick her spots.
She has to play a very intelligent game. Very little margin for error. But Nastya, Elena, and Sveta, should all still be in this tournament.
You have to find a way to win against these players.

Completely agree. I beleive Nastya, Sveta, Lena were just tired...And this Wimbledon scedule with damn rain are wearing girls out... :mad:

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:38 AM
If I expected that Nastya can win every slam I woldn't be so sad, I would await the next one. But now as I said she had a rare chance if not to win, to make SF at least. I know she won't be dominant, therefore she have to use her chances. Maybe she will have another chance to win a major, but this opportunity for #1 will hardy happen again.And yes she have to find a way to win these matches and not to seek at 2-5 in third, but just to close it after 4-2 in second

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Maybe they were tired. I'm just glad Nastya won a major. She will always be the first Russian woman to win a major.
But she's not retired. Nastya has to keep working. Keep improving.

As far as Wimbledon, Nastya did not play well. She was going to lose, playing at that level.

Verba
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Sometimes, when Nastya plays, she seems not having enough will-power - like on AO in the match against Kim...
I think that be mentally prepared is the most important for Nastya. This time she wasn't. Since the beginning of Wimbledon she has been saying that the break after RG was short. This was not a right mood.

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:10 AM
This sport is very much a mental game. It's very hard to be focused.
We didn't get Nastya-Maria, but that will be an interesting rivalry.

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:14 AM
I think if she had passed over this bar next week we could see another Nastya,but I though the same after her second round so we newer know. But now I'm looking at her statistic for last 2 years and I noticed that usualy Nastya has bigger problems in her early rounds. There are only 3-4 tourneys where she hasn't been in third set in her 1-2 round matches. Maybe she has problems with her concentration and motivation for these matches. I saw how concentrated and calm she was at RG but now looking these pics above she reminds me of Nastya from AO.

Verba
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:15 AM
We didn't get Nastya-Maria, but that will be an interesting rivalry.
I hope for Maria's revenge...

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:19 AM
On grass, I have no doubt that Maria is better. I hope they meet at the 2004 US Open.
And I hope it's the final. And I hope they have both won majors.

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Technicaly Masha is better on grass, but Nastya can read her game better and even she hasn't Masha's power she may trouble Masha other ways. And if Masha can't force her style she is still too labile

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:39 AM
We won't find out this Wimbledon. Because Nastya lost to Frazier. Frazier also beat Kirilenko.
It's up to Maria to get revenge.

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Yes Masha has to avenge on this ugly :devil:

cool_olga
Jun 27th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Nastya just missed maybe one of the biggest chances of her life and you are already in FC. Who cares about it just now?

I care. Wimbledon is already past. Like Nastya said French Open is now past for her. She lost, that's bad but it's not end of the world and her career. It's tennis and sport and bests are loosing, even Venus on grass. It can always happen. Nastya was tired of this all. She is thinny girl and always needs longer breaks than others - examples are breaks taken by her after AO, skippoing American clay. She just needed mire break to be 100% ready.

This year se has already did more. She won grand slam, as the first Russian ever, that is something. She is #3. Tell me honesty, did you expected that from her at the beginning of the year? I bet all of you would be hell happy is somebody would told you that. Now she did it.
Please Nastyafan, give her a credit ;)

Fed Cup, she comes back on clay, Dulko is not that dangerous as it seems I guess, but Suarez will be. I hope Nastya can win some points for Russia there.

Verba
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I hope Nastya can win some points for Russia there.

I'd say she MUST win - she is the leader of the team now...

Daniel
Jun 27th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Hello Cool_olga, Nastyafan, Goldenlox and Verda :wavey:
Nice to read all your post guys. After reading her interview I think her priority is Fed Cup. wish her a couple of good win over there. :D As cool_olga said, I did not think she was goign to win a major this year. what she has achieved so far in 2004 has been wonderful. She is French Open Champion :yeah: ranked #3 right now with big chances of getting #2 soon this year :D being a role model for the rest of the Russian girls. Offside the court, she does social work in Russia to help people who are not fortunate in this life. :kiss: What happended in Wimbledon is in the past. She could only learn from this. There is so much room for improvement, in her game, schedule of the season, etc. What I love about her and makes me have so much respect for her on the court is : Anastasia is a thin and fragile woman, she wont overpower anyone, but her speed, court sense , desire, passion and love for the game makes her a champion. She brings another dimension to tennis these days.
Good luck Anastasia in the rest of the 2004 season!!!
your fans will always support you :kiss: :hug:

Verba
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know why Nastya pulled of doubles and mixed?

cool_olga
Jun 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Also doubles? :eek: So she really feels tired then. Probably wants this week off, then they must fly early in the week to Argentina.

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I hope she's not injured. I remember when Nastya was hurt during(?) Indian Wells. It gave her a chance to rest, and she came back to win the FO.
But with Fed Cup and the Olympics coming, Nastya's health is more important than ever now.

ys
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know why Nastya pulled of doubles and mixed?
Any top player who is no longer in singles will withdraw from doubles if it is the last tournament on particular surface. Except, of course, she is a part of high profile team. Besides, it only makes sense to let Vera focus on singles. Well done, Nastya.. Good girl. Smart girl.

cool_olga
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Good girl. Smart girl.
:p :D Funny

But really it's better for them both. Why Nastya should stay just for second plan doubles if she can go home and rest, prepare well mentally for everything rest. And Vera has important singles. That is smart indeed.

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:45 PM
The WTA.tour website says Nastya has a sprained toe. A toe injury can be a long term problem.
She has to let that heal, and stay off it.

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:49 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040625/all/l1156552.jpg
Amy Frazier-Anastasia Myskina

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:39 PM
. Tell me honesty, did you expected that from her at the beginning of the year? I bet all of you would be hell happy is somebody would told you that. Now she did it.
Please Nastyafan, give her a credit ;)Of course not. I believed that one day she will win GS after her win in Moscow when she said that a win in GS looks more and more attainable. I thought that it will happen exactly in Paris but not so early. Especially after 2 bad clay tournaments I was afraid of 1st round loss. At that time I would accept it almost calm. I belived in her triumph only after the win over Venus. Her victory made me really really happy. As I said in my first post (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=3627435#post3627435) in this forum Nastya is the best thing ever in tennis to me and I'm tankful to her for so many things: for restoring my interest in tennis, for proving that a beautiful girl may win against these huge muscular manlike "women" for her hearty radiant personality, for her class... (no need to repeat all again). And I give her all possible credit, no matter what will happen from now on.:bowdown:
But...we have a saying: "The appetite comes with the eating". Suddenly, probably rashly I thought, she may repeat Justine's run from last year. Nastya named her four goals in one interview, then Belgians retired from summer circuit and I decided that even the stars are arranging in her favour, that it will be her year:angel: . Even I had a scare: In that interview she said, that she may quit tennis when she achieves these goals. And I thought to myself "But all that may happen this year and we may lose Nastya! No, let FC wait for a while!" ;)
Unfortunately, this possibility is too litle now. Maybe the greatest opportunity is missed. I can't be happy with that, I'm sad, mad, angry with my broken dreams.:fiery: But not toward Nastya. I don't accuse her, I haven't lost my faith in her, I like her no less. Just the contrary, only after this loss I realized how much I love this girl, how much she means to me.:inlove: I have been sad after every her loss, but never like that. I have no more interest for Wimby,I don't watch it although other my favs are still there, European championship doesn't excited me more, almost nothing pleases me. It's too beautiful and painful to be her fan.:worship: :sad:
But with your optimism I feel better.:)
Please Nastya, rest well and give us many happy days soon!:kiss:

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:51 PM
I felt differently because I saw her first set at Wimbledon, and it was so different from the last 3 rounds of the French Open.
Nastya wasn't playing well. Then she almost lost in round 2. Then she lost. And she wasn't playing Sprem or Hantuchova.
So this Wimbledon wasn't meant to be.

Nastyafan
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Pff GL, I didn't paste this pic intentionally
I don't want to see this:devil: here.
Delete it, please!

I hope the injury is just an excuse:confused:

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Nastya is still the Russian #1. Still the only Russian to win a major. Losing one match doesn't take that away from her.
But when Nastya does play Maria again, it will mean much more. That will be something.

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040625/i/r4214548053.jpg Fri Jun 25, 1:10 PM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95/*http://www.reuters.com)
Second seed Russia's Anastasia Myskina holds a towel to her face during a break in play in her third round match against thirty-first seed Amy Frazier of the U.S. at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London, June 25, 2004. Frazier won the match 4-6 6-4 6-4. REUTERS/Gerry Penny

cool_olga
Jun 27th, 2004, 11:02 PM
The WTA.tour website says Nastya has a sprained toe. A toe injury can be a long term problem.

This is exactly same thing that caused the break after Indian Wells. It was also sprained toe guess on left foot. Hope it's not that serious and she can play Fed Cup, we all remember wrist thing, injuries are dangerous.

For Wimby again, friend saw third set with Frazier and said she was playing great tennis and not her fault she lost. But I wonder when both players play very good shouldn't #3 win? Anyways this was good match, she doesn't have to be ashamed.

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Nastya should not be down 2-5 in the third to Amy Frazier. How good could Frazier be playing?
Nastya should rest if she's injured. Sveta and Vera can handle Argentina.

cool_olga
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Just heal it right before Olympics, that's priority, but i think it's not that serious. Guess she will be ready to play Acura Classic and Rogers

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:27 AM
I agree. Olympics, US Open, YEC. Nastya should point for those 3 events.

Verba
Jun 28th, 2004, 05:56 AM
I have a strong beleif in Nastya. She'll win more majors in future. She has got much potential. Ups and downs in someone's career happen all the time - it's better to be philosofical about that...

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Indeed Verba, every top player has up and donw in their career. Go Anastasia!! :D :bounce:

JLDementieva
Jun 28th, 2004, 09:17 AM
I believe that Nastya will continue to do well in the future, this was just a little hiccup and bad luck due to the rain. I am still really optimistic about the future! :D

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:08 AM
I think she should not go to Argentina if she is injured.

Nastyafan
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:22 AM
For Wimby again, friend saw third set with Frazier and said she was playing great tennis and not her fault she lost. But I wonder when both players play very good shouldn't #3 win?Of course should. I saw the last 3 games (probably her best part of the set) and I don't think she was playing great. Yes, she had great winners, but she was losing many points too easily. She lost about half of the points with sloppy serve-returns, and these weren't big serves. She was running well, but why constantly 2-3m behind the base line, why was she allowing the :devil: to dictate the play?
I'm sure Nastya will have other big triumphs in the future as well. But if these ups and downs continue, #1 is just a chimera. And in few hours she probably won't be #3 any more:sad:

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Nastyafan,
dont worry , anastasia will be back on from soon :yeah: she is a fighter and we will see her having success again :bounce: . Wimbledon is in the past now we have to support her in the coming tournaments :D

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Good luck Anastasia in Fed Cup, and if I am not wrong the next tournament would be Acura Classic :bounce: :clap2: :kiss:

Nastyafan
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Of course Daniel, we will support her everywhere and every time. Just at least until this damn Wimby ends. thinking that she could and should be still there I hardly will overcome that.

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Of course Daniel, we will support her everywhere and every time. Just at least until this damn Wimby ends. thinking that she could and should be still there I hardly will overcome that.

Indeed, I also lost interest in Wimbledon, coz she deserved to get so far but still some Russians are performing well there. :)

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:00 AM
I hope Nastya skips Fed Cup. Rest and get healthy. Olympics, US Open, YEC - those are the goals.

Nastyafan
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Indeed, I also lost interest in Wimbledon, coz she deserved to get so far but still some Russians are performing well there. :)Look at my signature - almost all my favs except the first 2 are still there, but that doesn't make me happy. Maybe the main thing I wish now is Momo to lose but it's unlikely. And Masha to avenge on :devil: of course

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:47 AM
heheeheh I am sure Masha will beat Amy easily. and regarding Momo, it is unlikely she will lose before the SF.

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:50 AM
I found thins online:

Pravda.RU:Russia:More in detail

Myskina on her successful career

11:54 2004-06-25
Russian tennis player Anastasia Myskina explains her successful performance at the Wimbledon Open by support on the part of Russia's first president Boris Yeltsin, as well as by her liking for old Soviet movies. Myskina made this revelation at a press conference, after defeating Hungary's Aniko Kapros in the second round of the Wimbledon Open.

Surely enough, Boris Yeltsin gives us inspiration; and we want to play as best as we can, Myskina noted. (Boris Yeltsin is an avid tennis player - Ed.) Somehow he doesn't get to see my games, Myskina said with regret. Nonetheless, it gives me strength to know that Boris Yeltsin attends the tournament, and that he is an emotional fan, she added. Yeltsin, who arrived at the Wimbledon Open as a guest of honor, watches some matches involving Russian tennis players.

When asked whether she had brought her favorite films to London, Myskina replied that she had taken quite a few movies with her; their list includes "Three Plus Two", Girls", "Tiger Tamer" and "Office Affair". I can watch each one five times in a row, Myskina said.

Commenting on the possible outcome of her bout with Amy Frazier of the United States in the third round, Myskina said that match won't be easy.

Talking about her future rival's style, Myskina noted flat strokes, which don't bounce the ball off the grass-court; that's why I think it will be harder for me to play with her, Myskina told correspondents.

It should be mentioned here that Myskina had lost the first set to Kapros, subsequently pulling herself together and winning the next two sets. I had a hard time defeating my Hungarian rival, Myskina stressed.

I found it pretty hard to play so late today after all those rains, intervals and delays, Myskina went on to say.

When asked about a doctor, who appeared on the court in the middle of the match, Myskina said she had to replace a loose corn plaster on her hand.

Talking about preparations for the next match, Myskina said she won't face any individual rivals today, and that she had a pairs match ahead of her. I want to distract myself from individual matches; and I hope the pairs event will help, Myskina said in conclusion.

cool_olga
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Is in women's tennis same as men? That 4 grand slam winners in current year have YEC guaranteed? Or it's ranking. If it's like man Nastya doesn't have to worry about points, just do well in Athens, New York and then LA.

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:31 PM
hello cool_olga it is different, only for men, Aanstasia still has to do well in those 3 tournaments spcecially Athen, since it is only a chance to add points :D

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Anastasia so far h as a place in the YEC, there is not ways she could miss it unless she is injured. Before Wimbledon she was 2 and after she will be around 4 or 5. She is not in danger, but Sveta is if she does not have good results for the rest of the season.

Nastyafan
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Nice article. Nastya has stressed her liking for old Soviet movies especially comedies often. Indeed, they are so funny. But Boris was found to be a jinx here he was at Marat's loss I don't know about Nastya's one. Unfortunately her worst apprehensions became true. I wonder what pairs match she speaks about
Is this the original article Daniel or there is longer Russian version?
Of course Nastya is almost sure for YEC but I don't think it should be some satisfaction for her, and it isn't in order of the day now

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Nastyafan, I don;t know if there is another longer version in Russian , I found this article in English :)

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Amy Frazier played very well today. I can understand how Nastya lost to Amy. She plays some great points, where you can only watch.
I feel better about Nastya's Wimbledon after watching Frazier today.

Daniel
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:50 PM
ok. good for Masha also, Amy is gone :clap2: :D :devil: :o

Nastyafan
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:19 PM
I feel better because the :devil: is out and Masha is thru, but worse because I'm almost sure now, if Nastya had passed over on Friday, today she would have been a winner too. Lucky for Masha today the :devil: choked at the most important points in both sets, otherwise Masha would have followed Nastya

cool_olga
Jun 28th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Thx for article, will have to watch these movies :D

Good GL, now few people saying that it wasn't taht much Nastya's bog fault she lost, Amy played good. I am happy Masha got revange.

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Amy played very well. But Maria still hasn't lost a set. I hope Nastya and Maria meet again this summer.
I know Maria wants that match. I'm sure Nastya does too.

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Nastya was interviewed in the new ESPN the Magazine. She said her legs are not straight, and she has 50 or 60 pair of jeans. Nastya said "I love Christina Aquilera, Pink, 3 Doors Down and Evanescence. Those CD's always make me think about love."
Nastya thinks the funniest tv show is elimiDATE.

ys
Jun 29th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Nastya was interviewed in the new ESPN the Magazine. She said her legs are not straight, and she has 50 or 60 pair of jeans. .
Well, I can live with her legs being not straight. As long as she stays straight.

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Nastya also said she doesn't dance well. She likes to watch Justine Timberlake dance.

Crooked legs are a key to court coverage.

Nastyafan
Jun 29th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I don't understand why Nastya has this complex about her legs and why she mentions it regularly. She wasn't a big star so far, but from now on all paparazies and jerks will stalk for it.:devil:
Nastya, you have perfect legs, 90% of the players may only dream of them.:kiss:

cool_olga
Jun 29th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks GL!!! :)
Nice to know what she likes, with music pretty much like me :eek:
I saw one interview with her where she also said sh thinks her legs are curved and this is the most stupid thing she has ever said about herself :p Her legs are for sure one of the bests on Tour...They are really nice, but 50 pairs of jeans, wow!

Anything more interesting she said?

Nastyafan
Jun 29th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Here is her interview after Kremlin Cup where she talks about her "crocked" legs and her collection of jeans. She said that her mom has declared if Nastya buys one more pair she will evict her:lol:

В финале Кубка Кремля была повержена Амели Моресмо. На послематчевой пресс-конференции француженка уязвленно сказала, что сегодня проиграла все сама, а теннис Мыскиной вовсе не оставил такого уж сильно впечатления. Ничего сверхъестественного, мол, россиянка не показала. Это не так. Да, Моресмо сделала несколько грубых ошибок в нескольких ключевых моментах матча. Однако в остальных 'ключевых моментах' Анастасия демонстрировала самое лучшее из того, на что была способна, а иной раз и превосходила себя. А самое главное - в ее игре сквозило потрясающее желание победить.
-Да, мне действительно захотелось быть лучшей. Но вообще-то я всегда стремлюсь именно к этому, - призналась чемпионка послед матча.
Как только корреспонденту 'Э-Г' удалось пообщаться с Настей лично, мы продолжили эту тему.
-Настя, желание 'быть лучшей' - это у вас с детства?
-Наверное. Родители привили. Меня так папа воспитывал: быть лучшей, вырасти взрослым, независимым, самостоятельным человеком.
-А в детстве это в чем выражалось - в школе, или во дворе?:
-В любой ситуации не проигрывать. Бороться до конца. Даже если ты знаешь, что проигрываешь, то все равно должен сделать для победы все. И меня очень часто ругали, когда я искала пути полегче. Что на корте, что в жизни. Уроки, например, я частенько не хотела делать, мне лучше было у кого-то списать. За это мне всегда попадало. А теперь я этому безумно рада, потому что иначе, наверное, мне бы так и не привились эти качества.
-Вы сказали, что уроки иногда лучше было списывать, чем делать самой. А что вы больше всего не любили, какие предметы?
-Математику. Это было ну очень сложно для меня. Ну просто кошмар.
-А оценка какая в итоге получилась?
-Как ни странно - '4'. У меня бабушка математик. Наверное, поэтому. Она все же довела меня до 'победного', в одиннадцатом классе. Хотя давалось очень тяжело.
-А любимые предметы были?
-Да. Физкультура! - Настя смеется. - Нет, ну еще русский и литература. Я спокойно, хорошо писала, достаточно легко. Еще биологию любила. Вернее - приходилось любить. У нас биологию вела классный руководитель, поэтому ее тоже как-то надо было учить. Про инфузорию-туфельку вот до сих пор помню:
-Сейчас вы живете в Москве или в Германии?
-По мере возможности я стараюсь приезжать в Москву. Тренируюсь чаще в Германии, но все же если выдается две-три дня - стараюсь приезжать сюда. Здесь, естественно, тоже тренируюсь, занимаюсь ОФП.
-У вас отдельный тренер по ОФП?
-Да, Марина Григорьевна Мосякова, специалист Международной теннисной академии 'Валери'. А тренер по теннису - немец Йенс Герлах.
:После последнего розыгрыша матча с Моресмо в Москве, Настя со слезами радости на глазах первым делом поспешила в сторону гостевых трибун, откуда в этот момент уже бежал навстречу ей высокий худощавый парень в спортивном костюме. Первые поцелуи были адресованы именно ему. Затем Настя перекочевала в крепкие объятия Бориса Николаевича, успевшего к тому моменту резво спуститься с трибуны, а Йенц - в объятия Настиного папы.
'Э-Г' уже писала, что Йенс Герлах не просто тренер, но и близкий друг теннисистки. Некоторое время назад, когда они познакомились, Йенс был для нее просто спаррингом. Однако потом его полномочия расширились. Судя по результатам, это пошло Анастасии только на пользу.
-Вообще-то мы практически всегда вместе. Но когда я приезжаю в Москву - он со мной не ездит, остается в Германии.
-У него там родители?
-Да, семья, друзья, дела:
-Извините за нескромный вопрос - ваши отношения, как это принято говорить - серьезны?
-Ну: - Настя немного замялась. - Да, нормальные. Серьезные ли? Не знаю. Время покажет.
Разговор наш уходил от тенниса все дальше и дальше, но Настасья совершенно этому не сопротивлялась
-Настя, если можно - расскажите, как вы отвлекаетесь от тенниса, например - что вы любите читать?
-Вы знаете, сейчас такой безумный ритм жизни, что читать успеваешь далеко не всегда, когда бы этого хотелось. Книжки из России мне обычно привозит мама. Последний раз это оказалась 'Мастер и Маргарита'. К сожалению, раньше мне ее не никак не удавалось прочитать. Но опять же: понимаете, эту книжку надо именно читать, а не пробегать глазами с целью отвлечься, надо вчитываться. Думать. С таким жутким графиком, как у нас, это очень сложно. Когда ложишься спать, то думаешь прежде всего о том, какой завтра будет матч. Если перед тобой книга - то перелистываешь страницы, не больше. Поэтому начать-то я ее начала, но из-за всех перечисленных обстоятельств идет она тяжело, все время приходится возвращаться к какому-то месту. Вот будет свободная неделя - будет время для нормального чтения.
А еще - не знаю, может, это не самое лучшее и глубокое качество, но я очень люблю детективы. Агату Кристи я, например, прочитала всю. Из современных авторов - Акунина. Почти все про Фандорина. Очень нравится. А в детстве мне нравился Анатолий Рыбаков.
-А кино какое любите?
-Один из моих любимых фильмов - 'Как потерять парня за десять дней'. Еще нравится 'Сара ищет мужа' с Мэтью Пэри, (кстати - близким другом американской теннисистки Дженифер Каприати - прим. ред.), с ним же - сериал 'Друзья'.
-Мне нравится название 'Как потерять парня за десять дней'. Ну и как же? Точнее - как этого не сделать? Из фильма что-нибудь понятно по этому вопросу?
-Да уж, - Настя смеется. - Поучительный фильм. Нет, вот шутки-шутками, а на самом деле многое можно взять на вооружение.
-Одежду какого стиля вы предпочитаете?
-Очень люблю джинсы. Любых фасонов, на любую погоду, совершенно разные:
-Сколько их у вас?
-Ой, много. Мама моя сказала, что если я куплю еще хоть одни, она меня выгонит из дома.
-А где вы их покупаете?
-Да везде, где понравится. Последнее время мне очень нравится одна американская фирма, которой в России, к сожалению, до сих пор нет.
Анастасия, похоже, предпочитает не только джинсы, а брюки вообще. А стиля придерживается больше свободного, нежели строгого. Даже на встречу с Президентом Путиным после победы на КК Настя пришла в непритязательных с виду брючках и легкой водолазке без рукавов. Гимнастки-художницы, одетые почти одинаково - в белые блузы и строгие брючные пары - выглядели на ее фоне довольно чопорно.
-Настя, а платья?
-Не ношу. Мне кажется, что у меня ноги кривые.
-Что-что?!
-Да, вот мне так кажется.
-А что на это говорит бой-фрэнд одной из самых изящных теннисисток мира?
-Ну-у: Он говорит, что я ненормальная.
-Простите за наглость, но он, однако, абсолютно прав. Настя, в прошлом году на чемпионате мира в Лос-Анджелесе вы принимали активное участие в модном дефиле, которое состоялось в рамках около-спортивной программы чемпионата. Согласились тогда на это далеко не все теннисистки. А вам, кажется, понравилось? Если попадете на чемпионат в этом году - будете принимать участие в чем-либо подобном?
-Да, с удовольствием. Если честно - мне лично очень понравилось.
После победы на Кубке Кремля Настя подобралась впритык к Елене Дементьевой в десятке сильнейших теннисисток мира, и стала девятой ракеткой рейтинга. Он восьмого места, от Лены, ее отделает совсем немного. Несколько месяцев назад, что любопытно, все было с точностью до наоборот. Впрочем - так у них повелось с самого детства

Daniel
Jun 29th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Hello Cool_olga, Nastyafan, GL and ys :wavey:

I am happy some of my frineds are going to watch live the Fec Cup hopefully they will get some pics of Myskina :kiss: thanks for the interview nastyfan :hug:

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2004, 04:13 PM
I don't feel bad at all about Nastya's Wimbledon. Amy played well against Maria. And I think Maria is better than Nastya on grass.
Nastya has to come back this summer and fall and prove she can still beat the rapidly proving Sharapova.

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Nastya isn't #3 any more:sad:
But that's a past. Only be healthy Nastya and you will be even higher again:kiss:

cool_olga
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:08 PM
You know what? :eek:
Today site of Idea Prokim Open tournament in Sopot came online and on commitments list there is Nastya. I don't know how this could come, it is Tier III and on clay, Nastya was talking about cutting her schedule and at Wimby she said she has no more events on ckay this season so I'm bit confused..And don't want to get happy to early...

Daniel
Jun 30th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Hello cool_olga, Nastya played there last year she has 39 pts to defend. I dont know if she is playing this year there but would be good to get more points. After all I have no idea what her schedule looks like after Wimby. I know for sure she is playing : Olympics, US Open and the YEC. :D

cool_olga
Jun 30th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah she played that but last year was bit different. She still was playing Tier III's, Sarasota, Strasbourd, Doha was it too. Now she didn't. So I don't really know but she's on the list so if she won't withdraw I will be extremely happy :)
Now she's playing Acura Classic and Rogers AT&T Cup.

Daniel
Jun 30th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Yes, Acura and Rogers are tier I tournies, a good chance to get tons of points :D :D

Daniel
Jun 30th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Anastasia rocks :rocker: :bounce: ;)

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 01:51 PM
When is Idea Prokim Open?
Oh, I don't know, I want her to play, but it may disturb her preparation for the big events:confused:

cool_olga
Jun 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
It is on August 9-15. Right before Olympics :rolleyes:
Hope she won't withdraw cus will say she is tired or something with her toe this time.

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 02:39 PM
It's important that Anastasia is healthy for Athens. Much more important than a Tier III.

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to play 2 big (I just noticed that Acura is already tier1) hardcourt tourneys, then to switch to clay and again to hard. And that's 4 week in a row with the biggest goal in the last one. Nastya is a smart girl and never does that.
I don't think she will do it although Ola will be frustrated:hug:

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM
There's no way Nastya will play that many tournaments.

cool_olga
Jun 30th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to play 2 big (I just noticed that Acura is already tier1) hardcourt tourneys, then to switch to clay and again to hard. And that's 4 week in a row with the biggest goal in the last one. Nastya is a smart girl and never does that.
I don't think she will do it although Ola will be frustrated:hug:

Yeah this is exactly what I also think and why I was so suprised when I saw this list. But then why she entered this if she already would thought she will withdraw. This is really strange but of course I hope she will play this.

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Hm, I was looking at their website and as far as I realized yesterday there has been some pressconference and Nastya is mentioned as a top seed. I wonder, is it possible WTA to force Nastya to play here - tier3? Or she has changed her schedule and will withdraw from some hardcourt tourney. But there's no sence to play smaler tourney on a different surface:confused:

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:18 PM
They can fine Nastya, but they can't force her to play.

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Yes the same history as Justine for Moscow

ys
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Hm, I was looking at their website and as far as I realized yesterday there has been some pressconference and Nastya is mentioned as a top seed. I wonder, is it possible WTA to force Nastya to play here - tier3? Or she has changed her schedule and will withdraw from some hardcourt tourney. But there's no sence to play smaler tourney on a different surface:confused:
Depends on how you look at it. She plays Olympics after that. Clay or hardcourts doesn't really matter. She needed a tourney in Europe to better adjust after travelling from the States. Not much of a choice, right?

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:34 PM
You don't want a full week of tennis right before a big, big, event. Look at Sveta last week.

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Depends on how you look at it. She plays Olympics after that. Clay or hardcourts doesn't really matter. She needed a tourney in Europe to better adjust after travelling from the States. Not much of a choice, right?Clay or hardcourt doesn't matter? I think the main explanation for Nastya's and Lena's failure at Wimby was that they weren't prepared on grass:confused:

cool_olga
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Well clay and hardcourt is not like clay and grass, it's difefrent. I don't know. Maybe it's on her way to Athens or she just started to like clay I really have no idea.

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:11 PM
This is an important summer and fall for Nastya. She won the French Open. Only Serena, Justine, and Nastya have won a major since January 2002.
Nastya then did little at Wimbledon. While Maria made the semis.
Nastya has to prove that the French Open was real.

cool_olga
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:33 PM
She will prove ;)

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I think the hardcourts are more similar to the grass than the clay - at least both are fast. I would like Nastya to gain some extra-points and to make happy Ola;) but I'm afraid that she won't endure this maraton. And USO is only 1 week later

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:43 PM
At this Wimbledon, the way Nastya and Elena went down to defeat, I don't think many people believe the French Open was a true measure of ability.
Nastya will have to get results, or people will assume the French Open was a fluke.

Verba
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Nastya is a smart and rational girl. :kiss:
She will decide how many tournaments to play and which ones.

Goldenlox, why do you think people will assume that FO was a fluke? :confused:
There are quite a bit players who won only one GS in their life....No one says that their winnings were a fluke...

I'm not saying that Nastya won't win any more GSs - I'm just considering hypothetical situation...

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:22 PM
There was just a show on the Tennis Channel. They reviewed week one at Wimbledon. They said Nastya was one of the weakest slam winners ever.
That's the general perception now.
If you're such a surprise winner of a major, you have to back it up with more good results.
Losing to Amy Frazier is not a good result.

Verba
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:46 PM
There was just a show on the Tennis Channel. They reviewed week one at Wimbledon. They said Nastya was one of the weakest slam winners ever.

How could they say that? :mad: :mad: :fiery:
What did they mean by "weakest"?
I'm really mad now...

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:57 PM
By weakest, they mean Serena, Justine, Venus, and the rest, are better players.
That's why Nastya needs to win matches at the majors. That's how she will be judged from now on.
How she does at the majors.

Verba
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:04 PM
By weakest, they mean Serena, Justine, Venus, and the rest, are better players.
That's why Nastya needs to win matches at the majors. That's how she will be judged from now on.
How she does at the majors.

Isn't it better to be the "weakest" GS winner among Williamses and Justine than to be the best among none-GS players (Mauresmo, Kim,..)?

Nastya, prove to them that you're the best...

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:06 PM
I think it's great to have the career of either Nastya or Kim. They're both tremendous players.
But among the slam winners, Nastya has the most to prove.

Verba
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I beleive, she will...She's very ambitious... :hearts:

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:19 PM
I think she can keep improving. But this Wimbledon was important. People wanted to see if Nastya was for real.
And Nastya did little.

Verba
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I think she can keep improving. But this Wimbledon was important. People wanted to see if Nastya was for real.
And Nastya did little.
I'm sure she understands that...This unsuccessful Wimby, hopefully, will give her more sports rage...
I'm sure sha was very-very disappointed after the match with Amy - she just keeps her emotions well...

Nastyafan
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:26 PM
American media never gives enough credit to non-American players. The fact that a lot of people there think that Serena is still #1 proves that - the media creates that impression. European commentators aren't so disrespectful

Verba
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:32 PM
American media never gives enough credit to non-American players. The fact that a lot of people there think that Serena is still #1 proves that - the media creates that impression. European commentators aren't so disrespectful
Agree...During Wimby ESPN has advertised only american players + Masha Sharapova+ Henman and Federer a bit...
And this media are so powerful...

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 12:02 AM
Yes, for blonde beauties like Masha - Anna they do exceptions
Federer is just too good to be neglected, about Henman they probably have been infected from English Henmania:lol:

Daniel
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:53 AM
If you're such a surprise winner of a major, you have to back it up with more good results.

I dont care about that those stupid people on the tennis channel has to say. They will always talk bullshit about Nastya coz that is the way they are. Weakest slam winner ever?? that is total crap. Those people have never won a Grand Slam. Nastya won Roland Garros, she is a Grabnd Slam Champion, People wanna say it was a fl uke it is their problem. AS a fan, it was not a fluke, she fought for it she got it. Then she lost in 3R @ Wimby, so what? still there no other russian better than her. I am sure many other female players would give a lot to get a Slam Title, but since Myskina won it, it has been a pile of bullshit trying to put her down.

Sometimes I wish people who claim to be tennis fans could be more careful about their comments.

Go Anastasia :D :D

JLDementieva
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:54 AM
I think it's stupid that they would say Nastya is a weak slam winner. It's only the first tournament she's played since that FO win. She hasn't even had time to show people what she can do. How can people judge her based on this year's Wimbledon? No matter what, Nastya can never get the credit she deserves, how unfotunate.

Daniel
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:56 AM
I must agree with you. I live in the US for years, all i saw how they glorified their players all the time. i am not saying Serena does nt deserve fame and attention, but there is a limit and American tenis commentators are mean, I heard many times on TV stupid and silly comments about european players.

Daniel
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:01 AM
And Nastya did little.

Of course she can improve. There is always room for improvement. Nastya lost in the third round that means she won 2 matches that is something to me. I dont take every victory for granted. Nastya was for real, believe me. all this is a proccess. In 2003 she won 4 titles, this year she has 2 so far. QF in every tournament with exception of Rome and Wimbledon. One of the tournaments she won is a Grand Slam :D. That is for real :)

Daniel
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:07 AM
I think it's stupid that they would say Nastya is a weak slam winner. It's only the first tournament she's played since that FO win. She hasn't even had time to show people what she can do. How can people judge her based on this year's Wimbledon? No matter what, Nastya can never get the credit she deserves, how unfotunate.

Amen. lets face it Aanstasia will never get the respect she deserves from America coz they are a bunch of assholes. They always will throw insults to her. If she wins another Slam, they will still keep talking coz they can't stand a girl who has not power but who knows how to beat power players to have so much success.

Daniel
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:10 AM
I think it's great to have the career of either Nastya or Kim. They're both tremendous players.

so far, Kim and Nastya have had good careers. But Myskina is a nother level now, She has a Grand Slam, Kim has been in Grand slam finals and she never won. I love Kim but there is a difference betweem her and Nastya now. Nastya has nothing to prove. and if she has something to prove, it is not to me or to you or the critics. it will be only to herself.

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM
Kim has been #1 in the world. And made 4 slam finals. Nastya has won one major, and reached #3.
Both are excellent careers. I'm not sure which I would choose. #1, or 1 slam win.

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Nastya will play with LenaD. at Olimpics. Great team!:hug: :couple:
Definitely the strongest by singles ranking team:yeah:
I hope they will play together some hardcourt tourney before Olimpics and as the strongest teams are international, why not to win a medal:worship:

jklense
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:48 PM
Nastya will play with LenaD. at Olimpics. Great team!:hug: :couple:
I hope they will play together some hardcourt tourney before Olimpics and as the strongest teams are international, why not to win a medal:worship:
sorry, the are not a team - yet - to say nothing of greatness...
and a brief look at the doubles shows at least ten pairs with rather good experience - and results - together...
you are over-optimistic here, imho :awww:

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:58 PM
Nastya should focus on singles. She has a chance for a medal.

jklense
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:07 PM
another 2 cents - singles rankings seldom make a good pair,
just look at strongest pairs

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:19 PM
jklense, I think you are in a bad mood. Today I'm in a good mood {maybe because of Masha} and I want to be optimistic:worship:

Stephieva
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.tennis.info/images/BL2/DementievaMyskina.jpg

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
I hope Nastya gets healthy. Because the competition this fall will be fierce. Remember - Olympics, US Open, YEC.
The other events are preps. And only preps if you're healthy.

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM
Where do you unearth this picture from?:lol:
Nastya looks like a younger sister:baby:

Stephieva
Jul 1st, 2004, 09:55 PM
Where do you unearth this picture from?:lol:
Nastya looks like a younger sister:baby:Not sure. I think AI 2002. :)
Mommy Vera played Ana's dad.
Lena was cheering for Mommy Vera and of course Ana was cheering for her dad.

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:16 PM
Not sure. I think AI 2002. :)
Mommy Vera played Ana's dad.
Lena was cheering for Mommy Vera and of course Ana was cheering for her dad.2002:eek: It seems to me that the picture is at least from 4 years ago
And is it known who has won that match?:rolleyes:

deckham
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:16 PM
Nastya had a hard wimbledon... she knew little about the history of court 2 (the graveyard of champions) and it is the roughest court to play on. Sampras and Graf have both been beaten in the first round on court 2. So we'll cut lovely nastya some slack... she did seem a bit tired. Too much partying going on in moscow after her beautiful grand slam victory. We'll see some serious anastasia next time out. :bounce:

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:25 PM
Nastya has won a major. Right now, she's the only Russian to win a major.
I just want Nastya to get respect as a top player. And she can only get that from doing well at the majors.
Losing to Frazier, that was one match, it happens. But I would like her to be very focused in Queens. My home town.

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:36 PM
Welcome deckham (is it from Beckham?);)
Yes, I had some reasoning about that court too on previous pages, but I don't want to remember any more because I was so :sad: :mad:
Now we should look ahead toward the next victorious days:yeah:

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:41 PM
. But I would like her to be very focused in Queens. My home town.Queens? Is there a tournament there? And which Queens - in UK or USA?

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:52 PM
The US Open.

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 11:20 PM
I'm not acquainted: Is Qeens a part of NY?

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2004, 11:24 PM
Queens is the part of NYC where the US Open is played. I can see the blimp above Ashe Stadium from my backyard.

cool_olga
Jul 1st, 2004, 11:28 PM
2002:eek: It seems to me that the picture is at least from 4 years ago

It doesn't look so old :rolleyes: Pic is one of my favourites :D

Stephieva
Jul 1st, 2004, 11:33 PM
Look at Lena's hair style.
It can't be very old. :)

I like this picture very much too. :hearts:

Nastyafan
Jul 1st, 2004, 11:41 PM
It doesn't look so old :rolleyes: Pic is one of my favourites :DEspecially Nastya looks quite little to me

Did you receive my PM?

cool_olga
Jul 2nd, 2004, 11:55 AM
Little? :p Well she always was thinny and Lena is +180 so..
But Nastya looks great in blue.
Yeah reading now ;)

AKTW
Jul 2nd, 2004, 12:54 PM
I also like that pic. Nastya looks good. But why is Lena wearing that T-shirt?

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:07 PM
I wonder how Nastya views this Wimbledon final. She is still the only Russian to win a major.
If Maria wins, she will get incredible attention.

ys
Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:25 PM
Picture is from 2002. Nastya is with Head and Nike since 2003. On picture she is still with Puma and Prince.

Daniel
Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:57 PM
Hello guys :wavey:
nice picture of Nastya and elena :kiss:

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
Sometimes I forget that Nastya spent years on the tour before she became a top 20 player.
I hope she can keep improving. Because other players are improving.

cool_olga
Jul 2nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
Picture is from 2002. Nastya is with Head and Nike since 2003. On picture she is still with Puma and Prince.
Yeah it is probably Amelia Island 2002, I remember her wearing same training outfit on Miami 02 pics. She is with Nike since French Open 2003 btw.

But why is Lena wearing that T-shirt?
Why not?

deckham
Jul 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
Welcome deckham (is it from Beckham?);)
Yes, I had some reasoning about that court too on previous pages, but I don't want to remember any more because I was so :sad: :mad:
Now we should look ahead toward the next victorious days:yeah:
:wavey:
Thank you... nastya has the best support in these forums. You guys are great fans. I've just become a fan of hers during the French Open. I stopped watching tennis when graf stopped playing and I didn't have a reason to watch the sport too much anymore because I didn't have anyone to follow. Well now i do !!! :hearts: .... I love her mentality and she gives credit where credit is due. I've heard other tennis players talk about how "i wasn't used to her slower serve" and other excuses... but she loses with grace and poise. She is a tough competitor and she possibly has the best legs and most beautiful eyes I've ever seen... but that's another story. :kiss:

Another thing I really like about anastasia is that she brings back the old female tennis player presence. You don't have to be ripping with muscles like Serena, Capriati, and even most other other russian tennis players out there. You can generate that power with great technique and quickness...and she has very quick feet and extremely athletic... I like that.

Thanks again for welcoming me Nastyafan... and yes, it is from beckham.. (although i am not very happy with him right now... :fiery: )

Nastyafan
Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:04 PM
Yes, I love her for the same things and definitely she has the most amazing, magnetic, stunning deep-set... eyes :hearts: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):hearts: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):hearts: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

But beckham is really:silly::smash: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)(he cost me some money)

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:16 AM
Vodka screwdriver, please -

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/545/1amyspic9.jpg

Nastyafan
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:28 AM
I have seen this picture, but can't remember now where was it from:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Germany, YEC?

Stephieva
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:34 AM
Me thinks...Pilot Pen 2001. :)

If I remember correctly...they raised money $700+.

Nastyafan
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:53 AM
You won again Steph:aparty: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/545/1amyspic8.jpg

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/545/1amyspic7.jpg
[/url][url="http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#"] (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Stephieva
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:56 AM
:banana: :drive: :aparty:

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:14 AM
These 3 have all played in a slam final -

http://www.myskina.com/gallery03/248.jpg

Nastyafan
Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:31 AM
jeans and make-up

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:46 AM
In a few hours we'll know if there is another Russian who won a major. Or whether Nastya still stands alone.

Nastyafan
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:11 PM
I'm not jealous here
Let Nastya share the glory!

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Share the glory, but Nastya was the first Russian woman to win a major.
Does this get Nastya's competitive fires burning?

Nastyafan
Jul 3rd, 2004, 05:19 PM
Yes, Nastya isn't the only Russian with GS title any more, but she ever will be the first one!
But this new competition will inspire her even more to prove that she is and will be the best Russian.
And I believe, the best Russian will mean the best in the world soon.

cool_olga
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:16 PM
Has it become a picture thread? :rolleyes:
Yours first pic in blue blouse is my fav from these home scans, thanks again for them Andy!

Now Nastya is not the only, can't wait when she plays Maria.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
I wanted them to play in England, but Frazier was too good. I'm sure today was an eye-opener for Nastya.
Maria has an amazing game. But Nastya is still the best Russian on red clay.

TartarVicario
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Now Nastya is not the only, can't wait when she plays Maria.

I still think that she is going to beat Maria ;) :kiss:

deckham
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
I still think that she is going to beat Maria ;) :kiss:
Nastya and Sharapova will probably have really great matches. They are both intense competitors and hate to lose. 2 different styles as well. Sharapova is all power and Myskina likes to switch up her shots a lot. But they both like to go for those winners which is great.....
But ofcourse Nastya will win!!! It's Nastya!

Too bad Sharapova won't be representing russia at the olympics though... that would have been cool to add her to the already talented russian team.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:48 PM
It's up to Nastya to win an Olympic medal for Russia. Not having Maria in Athens is almost comical.

cool_olga
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:03 PM
Yeah their meeting will be legends :p But for now Nastya hasn;t lost to her before.
Won't she get WC??

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:20 PM
Nope. No Maria in Athens. Maria is playing so good, I want Nastya to play in different tournaments.
Who rolls over Serena on grass? You want to play someone else, not Maria.

Daniel
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Good luck!!!! :bounce: :D :kiss: :yeah:

Daniel
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:43 AM
I still believe Anastasia will beat Maria when they play. Indeed it is sad Maria wont go to Athens, but she will get mroe chances in the future :)

Daniel
Jul 4th, 2004, 08:12 AM
I am sure Nastua will do her best to take the gold medal :D :D

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2004, 01:36 PM
I'd like to see Nastya and Maria play different tournaments, like the sisters do, outside the majors.
Then hopefully we'll see them play at the slams, when it matters, like in Melbourne.

Nastyafan
Jul 4th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I don't think they will co-ordinate their schedules. They both will play in San Diego and possibly in Montreal. So I hope they will meet, but as late as possible;)

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2004, 04:04 PM
They'll both be seeded very high. It will be an interesting rematch.

cool_olga
Jul 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I want them to play in Montreal. Last year Nastya lost there to Dementieva, she wouldn't want to loose to another Russian.

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I want them to play when it's on tv. I want to see it.

Nastyafan
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:14 PM
In San Diego Nastya should be #2 -4 but if they continue using the protecting rankings for both Williams and Sveta gains some points between now and then, Masha may be unseeded:rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:28 PM
If Maria is unseeded, that will make the draw very important.

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I have just got new issue of polish tennis magazine and our journalist made very nice interview with Nastya. I think that explains very well why she is on Sopot cominments list and I think that there's good chance she will not withdraw...Well I will try to make transcript as soon as possible, very cool interview

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Good. Does it give Nastya's complete summer/fall schedule?

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:36 AM
No it is, you know this journalist is polish and interview is for Poland and he talks with her about Sopot a bit and she says she loves this place and people, want to come this year so it's not accident she's on the list, ok starting the transcript now you'll see it :)

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I'm going into Manhattan. I'll be back in a few hours.

Nastyafan
Jul 5th, 2004, 11:19 AM
We await the transcript with impatience:worship:

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I'm in more than middle :rolls:

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Ok here it goes:
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/multi.php?pokaz=main/interviews/tenisinterview.htm

Daniel
Jul 5th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks cool olga :) :kiss:

Hello Goldenlox and Nastyafan :wavey:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Great interview! And I would tell Nastya that if she isn't sure what to do after tennis, think about helping those who are less fortunate.
There are many, many people who have very difficult lives. It's always a good thing to remember the neediest.

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah and she is helping :) But to help you don't do that whole day, I guess that she means that at 30 for example most normal people are still working, have their lifes in one city. She travels and plays tennis, when she retires that will be different I guess that's what she meant :p

But bit suprised me she doesn't love her b/f ..

If I only had a chance and it was possible not only in dreams I would buy her those ice-creams in Sopot :rolleyes: :p

Daniel
Jul 5th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Now that Paola is out of Fed Cup, I agree with Goldenlox about Nastya should not go to Argentina. There is not need now, but I havent heard any news about her going down there .

Nastyafan
Jul 5th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Very nice interview:kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
I hope Nastya won't catch a chill from too many ice-creams;) (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
But I don't understand why she has said that she isn't in love with her boyfriend:confused: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
Is it about their "first sight"? Or is she still unattached?:worship:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2004, 02:58 PM
There are millions of things to do in life besides tennis. Nastya will have no problem finding other outlets for her energy and focus.
But there are still a lot of things to be done in tennis, before Nastya retires.

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Well there was written " I am not in love' :rolleyes: Maybe they did wrong transcript or something I don't know. Or maybe she doesn't love him yet, just attraction for now :p

Nastyafan
Jul 5th, 2004, 07:46 PM
So, maybe Nastya is still free:inlove:
Indeed, she is too good and beautiful for some hockey-player. And after Anna it isn't fashionable any more.
BTW Has anyone his picture?

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2004, 07:47 PM
I saw his picture, but I don't remember where.

Stephieva
Jul 5th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Here..:banana: :drive: :aparty:

Note...maybe...he in flesh looks better. :)

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Yeah this pic was posted here some time ago and i said that this Stepanov does not look best. But Nastyafan don't have any hopes when Nastya has somebody I think she doesn't cheat :p

Nastyafan
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks Steph:kiss:
Pfff I knew it. He looks like a young mafioso. And what pricked ears.:nerner: Jens is much better
Nastya can't be in love with him

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Jens has to coach. That's it.

Stephieva
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:17 PM
But me thinks when Ana said "I am not in love."...
she meant it's not "love" at first sight. It's a click.
Ana must have loved him because she adjusts schedule for being with him. :inlove:
It's one of the reasons she reduces tournaments...Ana said.

Nastyafan
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah this pic was posted here some time ago and i said that this Stepanov does not look best. But Nastyafan don't have any hopes when Nastya has somebody I think she doesn't cheat :pYes, but after she said that and I saw him I'm almost sure she uses him as a pastime:worship:

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Lol, she said friend helped her, Nastya likes hockey so maybe she wanted to have hockey player as b/f and took Alexandr :p Jens is sure much better looking :love2: and very nice

Bigger version of this very nice pic of Nastya

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/photo.htm

Nastyafan
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Steph and Ola stop blighting my hopes!:tape:

Stephieva
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Steph and Ola stop blighting mu hopes:tape:OMG....I'm sorry...:haha: :haha:
I will :tape:

cool_olga
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Ok sorry sorry live with believness you will marry Nastya :couple:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Let's get this thread back to tennis. Nastya fell to #4 this week. But she still has a chance to be #1 this summer.