PDA

View Full Version : Monica has not won but,...

tennis4life
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:13 AM
this performance is why she has 9 grand slams and the rest of her comtemporaries will not get close. She digs down and never gives up.

Gotta Love that Monica!

t4l

slydevil6142
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:17 AM
yea monica is defintly playing her heart out... Im really not a fan of seles but now i understand why ppl respect and admire her so much.Win or lose this was defintly a great match to watch

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by tennis4life
this performance is why she has 9 grand slams and the rest of her comtemporaries will not get close.
t4l

If anything, this statement is too contemporary........Venus and Serena will get ...at least 10.......bank on it.

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Venus & Serena won't. Bank on it.

Jarrett
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:29 AM
I doubt it BRING IT. :)

disposablehero
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Serena might get 10, but will that put her ahead of Monica?

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Serena's peak was 2002. Venus' peak was 2000-2001. They won't be adding too much grandslams just like Lindsay and Hingis. Next year, you guys will see.

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Here we go. Make sure you are around when Venus plays Monica later in the week.

VENUS WILL BLAST HER.

Monica is toooooooooooo SLOW.

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Monica has just comeback from injury, it's amazing that she beat Davenport in her first match back while Davenport has had many solid results (finals, semis, finals etc.)

I think Monica will be tired after this match and I would put Venus as a favorite over her (if Venus beats Patty). However watch out 2003 for Monica!!!

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:44 AM
No Excuses.

Lindsay Choked! Selesrules you did not SEE the match. That game became mental. Lindsay was all over Monica. Then she got pissed at herself and lost focus.

Happens all the time.

A Williams do not perform that way. THEY FIND A WAY TO WIN.

and that's what Venus will do when she meets her later in the week.

WIN.

by the way, 2003 is Venus/Serena year. Give or take a Slam. Again, Monica is tooooooooooooo Slow to beat a Williams.

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Did Serena choke when Monica beat her last summer saving 6 match points? Are you also calling Serena a CHOKER???? Get a life.

"Topaz"
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Please give Monica a break. This is her day, a splendid day indeed!

earthcrystal
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:55 AM
BRING IT- you're full of shit. Lindsay did not "choke". Monica stepped it up big time, and took a ton of risks on big points.

You clearly are clueless when it comes to tennis. What brings you here, anyway? Someone hide your tonka toys?

azinna
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Hey, fellow Williams fans, ease off! Give Monica her day and her due. (jeez...)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:59 AM
BRING IT, you should shut the fuck up and stop obsessing over your precious williams sisters...monica was too slow to beat venus in australia? monica was too slow to beat serena in la? she may lose to venus if they play, but u r so full of crap...the fact that monica moves 1/8 the speed of the sisters and still can beat them is remarkable...

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by selesrules
Did Serena choke when Monica beat her last summer saving 6 match points? Are you also calling Serena a CHOKER???? Get a life.

So you are talking about the year 2000? Why don't you read your post above about Serena's year in 2002.

Apply the last line of your quote to yourself.

harloo
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by azinna
Hey, fellow Williams fans, ease off! Give Monica her day and her due. (jeez...)

Exactly, azinna. Congratulations Monica on your big win. We won't let the likes of selesrules ruin that.:) ;)

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by dlandy22
...the fact that monica moves 1/8 the speed of the sisters and still can beat them is remarkable...

NOT ANYMORE!

The only way a Williams will lose to Monica is because they CHOOSE to. Hell, I believe they can STAND IN ONE PLACE and beat her the same way she beats everyone else.

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:06 AM
That's like saying that Monica's best year was 1992 and Serena didn't beat her there :rolleyes:

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:07 AM
Even if Venus beats Monica, she will lose to Serena in a 4th consecutive HUGE FINAL. And then next year, Serena's turn will come and she will start losing in addition to Venus. Can't wait to see your reaction! :kiss: Enjoy your run at the top but it won't last forever, in fact it will end sooner then you think :kiss:

disposablehero
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by BRING IT

So you are talking about the year 2000? Why don't you read your post above about Serena's year in 2002.

Apply the last line of your quote to yourself.

Actually he was talking about the year 2001. I see your memory of it is flawless.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:09 AM
wow, u have no respect...u do realize your fellow williams fans are against you right now and all u r doing is pissing people off with your ignorant comments...dont tell selesrules to get a life, YOU get a life...what are you, 10 years old??? you sound like a child...

tennis4life
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:12 AM
What is wrong with you people? This thread is about Monica. Please, give her her props. Venus and Serena will take care of themselves, but remember there are still other players in the tournament who have a chance.

This thread is about Monica, she had a fantastic win. i just love her, I really do!!!!

t4l

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Selesrules, I'm done with you and your warped "thinking" I tell you what.

Look at the stats.

1. What family of players leads in money totals.
2. What family of players rank 1 & 2.
3. What family of players - played in more finals.
4. What family last name (in case you forget "WILLIAMS") has the most grandslam trophies.

Who cares which one wins - as long as its a WILLIAMS!

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:13 AM
It's funny that Monica Seles always saids nice things about the Williams. That Serena has said that she looked up to Monica and how she would be honored to be mentionned in the same sentence. And there you have a Williams hater ruin a great day for Seles fans.

Venus & Serena's turn will come and when they are 28 or 29, they will be lucky if they beat the new top players that they will face. Monica has beaten this year Venus, Davenport & Hingis. Last year she beat Serena, Capriati & Hingis. Plus Henin, Mauresmo, Dokic, Clijsters, etc. All this and she's at the end of her career. AMAZING.

disposablehero
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:19 AM

4. What family last name (in case you forget "WILLIAMS") has the most grandslam trophies.

"Williams" 8
"Seles" 9

And she was younger than Venus when she won #9. Younger than Kim when she won #8.

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Plus, Williams are 2 people and Monica is 1 person.

Monica 9

Venus 4 :rolleyes:

Serena 4 :rolleyes:

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Can we please keep this about SELES. She won a good match!! Lets just celebrate that in this thread. Why does everything have to be so freakin dramatic around here.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:23 AM
i think everyone has made their point BRING IT...now get lost...

earthcrystal
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Aw, don't waste good celebratin' time arguing with a newbie asshole, dh. Not worth it.

See this grin---> :D Can you feel it? Enjoy. This is one helluva night!

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Congratulations Monica on your win over Lindsay (another slow player).

See you later in the week when you face the "FAST AND THE FURIOUS".

You posters already know what the outcome will be.

Laugh at you later

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Just for the record, I am a HUGE Williams fan. But I just really don't see why you can't just drop the issue...jeez. If you want to argue about who has the most, and who runs the fastest etc, why don't you make a thread about that, instead creating Drama!!!

BRING IT
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:43 AM
.....its obvious Monica's fans are overzealous and I don't run with a "PACK" sweetie. I merely posted a correction above and all this nonsense tumbled down. Now, you can run along with those "other" Williams posters who like to keep the peace between the camps.

I've noticed WAY too may snide remarks on the Williams when they win. Turnabout is fair play. Its the American way.

harloo
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by WtaTour4Ever
Just for the record, I am a HUGE Williams fan. But I just really don't see why you can't just drop the issue...jeez. If you want to argue about who has the most, and who runs the fastest etc, why don't you make a thread about that, instead creating Drama!!!

WtaTour4Ever, most of the time their is no friction between Monica and Williams fans. It just a certain Monica fan who regularly disses the Williams, then cries when someone says something about Monica. ;)

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:47 AM
harloo,

Hmmmm I wonder who you could be talking about...LOLOL Unfortunately, there are ....how can i say this nicely...... "extreme" fans in everyones camp that make it hard for the rest of us "other" fans.

disposablehero
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:52 AM
I don't run with a "PACK" sweetie

The Packs idea, no doubt.

harloo
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by WtaTour4Ever
harloo,

Hmmmm I wonder who you could be talking about...LOLOL Unfortunately, there are ....how can i say this nicely...... "extreme" fans in everyones camp that make it hard for the rest of us "other" fans.

See above post for reference of extreme Monica fan. lol:) ;) Of course their is in all "CAMPS" lmao, but when it comes to Monica the poster mentioned above in my post is unmatched. lol!!!!

Again Congrats, Monica!!!! Great win!:)

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:56 AM
The crowd was behind MONICA tonight and they will be firmly behind her again when she plays Venus.

earthcrystal
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:00 AM
harloo, you're just jealous cuz dh does the best zingers of anybody and he's in our camp. ;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Great! I see that another complete moron has joined us :D

Congrats to Monica by the way :D

Chance
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:04 AM
CONGRATUALTIONS MONICA on a great win :D

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Am I the only one who thinks selesrules brought this BRING IT ON chracter out of the woodwork?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:14 AM
lol. interesting suggestion Dawn :D

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:11 AM
By the way FANTASTIC match SELES, I watched it all over again. LOL:)

hingis-seles
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:57 AM
I think disposablehero is by far the wittiest poster on these boards...or any other that I have come across!!! Glad he's in the Monica camp!!! :D

The stats: (Monica's numbers are first)

1st Serve %: 53 / 57
Aces: 12 / 14
Double Faults: 13 / 7
Winning %, 1st Serve: 74 / 77
Winning %, 2nd Serve: 44 / 43
Winners (including service): 45 / 45
Unforced Errors: 39 / 38
Break Point Conversions: 2 of 2 (100%) / 3 of 15 (20%)
Net Approaches: 16 of 17 (94%) / 9 of 14 (64%)
Total Points Won: 118 / 116
Fastest serve: 106 MPH / 107 MPH
Average serve: 95 MPH / 98 MPH

wongqks
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:01 AM
I am gonna ignore all the bashing and respond to the originate intention of the thread.

What Monica display tonight (I haven't seen it but by interpretation by other people) is amazing, I am so proud of her. I don't expect her to beat Venus on friday, but she already has exceeds my expectation after being plague by injury for a long while.

:D :D Happy day for Selestials

Gandalf
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:10 AM
The stats are even except for break point conversions (2/2 for Monica, 3/15 for Lindsay :eek: ) and net approaches (Monica was more effective :eek: :eek: ).

Monica_Rules
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Monica hit a 106mph sevre thats almost unheard of these past few months!

Kart
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Monica :) well done :).

CiCi Bonus Baby
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:35 PM
The crowd was behind MONICA tonight and they will be firmly behind her again when she plays Venus.

What crowd???

Congrats to Monica, may she get the slam for 2003!