PDA

View Full Version : Rubin, baby what happened?

tennis4life
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Rubin did not look good tonite. I do not think she likes the indoor surface to well. I know that Venus does not like the indoors either as well but I expect Serena to do well if she does not get too excited!!!

Go Venus,

t4l

Nov 7th, 2002, 03:02 AM
In another thread, someone mentioned that there may be a problem with the net, which would also explain the unusually high number of double faults

tennis4life
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Maybe, but Chanda just really looked uncomfortable. She did not get behind her shots well and she het so many long.

t4l

BigTennisFan
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by untitled2284
In another thread, someone mentioned that there may be a problem with the net, which would also explain the unusually high number of double faults

Well, I certainly hope that they measure the lines and make sure that the court is laid out properly. :)

Not that there would EVER be an error such as having the service lines in the wrong place.:o

And even if there was such an error, the chair umpire would certainly stop the match and insist that it be corrected.:o

E. Blackadder
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by BigTennisFan

Well, I certainly hope that they measure the lines and make sure that the court is laid out properly. :)

Not that there would EVER be an error such as having the service lines in the wrong place.:o

And even if there was such an error, the chair umpire would certainly stop the match and insist that it be corrected.:o

Did you forget about Amelia Island? :rolleyes:

BigTennisFan
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Rhythmboy

Did you forget about Amelia Island? :rolleyes:

"sigh"

I'll let somebody else who "got it" school you.:confused:

Nov 7th, 2002, 08:10 AM

Kim's coach said there was a problem @ this tournament too. The court was 30cm too short!...but it was corrected before the tournament started.

Mercury Rising
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:31 PM

"sigh"

I'll let somebody else who "got it" school you.:confused: You guys use way too much irony and stuff, it's confusing, especially when you have to read it.

Helen Lawson
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:59 PM
I thought maybe neither player could get used to the surface or something but Kim did it better. But Lindsay and Monica seemed to have no problems, so who knows.

i-girl
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:12 PM
the commentators on Eurosport kepts talking about a possibility something was wrong with the court after the henin-dementieva match, which was an absolute unforced-errors fest. they said it could just be that the court is brand knew, and the ball was bouncing funny of it.
I can't believed both Lindsay and Chanda lost. first day of the tourny, and my favs are gone. :sad: I think Chanda just doesn't like to play indoors. who would blame her? the atmosphere in that place looked crappy.

Mercury Rising
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by i-girl
the commentators on Eurosport kepts talking about a possibility something was wrong with the court after the henin-dementieva match, which was an absolute unforced-errors fest. they said it could just be that the court is brand knew, and the ball was bouncing funny of it.
I can't believed both Lindsay and Chanda lost. first day of the tourny, and my favs are gone. :sad: I think Chanda just doesn't like to play indoors. who would blame her? the atmosphere in that place looked crappy.
And what about Kim? She's also in your sign you know.

Helen Lawson
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:35 PM
They said something like the surface was just laid, maybe no one had good time to practice on it.

RAA
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:46 PM
I watched this match. Chanda just could NOT find her form, on her serve or on her ground strokes. It was pretty frustrating to watch. her end of the year has not been pretty. but she had such an amazing comeback and played so well in the summer that I'm sure she'll have a strong 2003.