PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay knows it all

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:11 AM
From CNN: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/2002/11/05/davenport_wta_reut/

LOS ANGELES, Nov 5 (Reuters) -- The WTA Championships may be the richest tournament in women's tennis, but Lindsay Davenport said Tuesday that no one knew what the event was or who was playing in the $3 million season-ending extravaganza.

"It's our fifth major and the people don't understand that," said Davenport, who will meet fellow American Monica Seles in a first-round clash on Wednesday. "When you keep moving it around, it's hard for people to know what it is.

"I've heard a lot of people say, 'I'm going to the Staples Center,' but they're not quite sure what it is or who's playing.

"That's when you've got to try and establish a foundation and keep it in one place for a couple of years.

"I think they [the tennis officials] really don't have a five-year plan. They don't really know what's going to happen, and we have to figure it out as soon as possible."

Lindsay for president ! (of the WTA) ;)

Nov 7th, 2002, 02:19 AM
The mens' championships have a similar problem. Last year (in Sydney) all people cared about was that they got to see the Hewitt-Rafter match. Most people didn't even know which tournament it was

Nov 7th, 2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by GoDominique
From CNN: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/2002/11/05/davenport_wta_reut/

Lindsay for president ! (of the WTA) ;)

Possible career for Lindsay when she retires from tennis? She would be a great person for the job. I just love how she tells it like it is and doesn't seem to give a fuck if she gets criticised for it

calabar
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Careful with the rush to cannonize "Saint" Lindsay, from time to time she speaks out of both sides of her mouth.

Nov 7th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by calabar
Careful with the rush to cannonize "Saint" Lindsay, from time to time she speaks out of both sides of her mouth. :confused:

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Too bad Lindsay doesn't know how to win. :rolleyes:

ttaM
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Isn't Lindsay a Republican too. LOL