PDA

View Full Version : What no Venus tonite?

tennis4life
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:00 AM
What a big surprise! Am I wrong or does she play tonite? Does she perhaps play after Monica and Lindsay?

Oh hell....
I guess I'll try to get over it.

Go Venus, beat them all.

t4l

HAIL-VENUS
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:08 AM
I want Veeenussss. Maybe she plays tomorrow?

Venus Forever
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:09 AM
No, Serena plays tomorrow, not Venus!!

:(:(:(

Nov 7th, 2002, 01:24 AM
Venus plays Patty tonight!!

Venus Forever
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:29 AM
If only it was on TV!!:(:(:(

Nov 7th, 2002, 01:37 AM
...or maybe Venus took 1 look @ the non-existant crowd and pulled out!

HAIL-VENUS
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Maybe Venus did such a good job serving up burgers @ McDonald's today, that she decided to stay on full time. LOL

Or, maybe Venus slipped on a piece of lettuce while fixing a Big Xtra sandwich, and she had to pull out. J/K......go, fight, win Venus!!!

CC
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:05 AM
Seles/Davenport is the last match in their coverage tonight I suppose.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HAIL-VENUS
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:16 AM
The assholes just mentioned the Venus/Patty match, but they won't be showing it. I mean we are in America, damn, you'd think the #2 player in the world would get US tv coverage. Why in the hell is her match on so late anyway? And why the hell has these matches been sa-damn boring today? :confused: I miss Venus :sad:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:34 AM
I don't understand why ESPN isn't showing all the singles matches live. Maybe they actually get better ratings for "Bassmasters" (a fishing show that was pre-empted when they moved the Dementieva v. Henin match to ESPN2 at 1700 ET -- and yes, we really do have loads of fishing and hunting shows on TV). :confused:

Roseie
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:49 AM
ESPN don't like Venus since that I.W issue. They don't give her much coverage. I stoped watching them because of that. I check the Web for scores.

tennis4life
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:18 AM
You know, I do find it interesting that ususally when we see Venus, it is the semis or the final, if she makes it that far.

t4l

joao
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Well she's playing right now and Venus is up 2-1 (7 winners, 5 UEs) , schnyder on serve!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:55 AM
they didnt show the match because venus and schnyder is not nearly as mouth watering as seles vs davenport...

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:18 AM
They should have showed both night matches and scrapped the henin/dementiava(sp) or clisters/rubin, neither of those matchups have the star power as seles, williams, or davenport!!!!