PDA

View Full Version : Question about Eurosport

Serendy Willick
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Do they show all their sports on a certain TV channel, or is it shown online, because I can never find where they are showing tennis at.

Nikki
Nov 6th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Eurosport have their own tv channel.

Nimi
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Eurosport actually has 3 different channels;
Eurosport
(Henman) British Eurosport
Eurosport news

The best tennis is on the 1st one.

Monica_Rules
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Eurosport is available in europe obviously and SKY television in the UK and cable it think.

Nina_rus
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Do they show different matches on Eurosport Int. from British Eurosport?

veryborednow
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:36 PM
It shows more Henman, Nina ;) I think in different countries they concentrate more on their home players but often when we start watching a programme commentators say "welcome British Eurosport viewers" or do everyone get that?

Sky channel 412 and 413

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:52 PM
French Eurosport as well

tennis-wise only diff is in slams mainly
I hope they show night coverage from Australia in January
lucky i didn't miss much as i was there :angel: :)

niratti
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:58 PM
British Eurosport doesn't show Wimbledon and only show the first week of the US Open!!!

Nina_rus
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Eurosport Int don't show Wimbledon either but they do show the whole US Open

Luna_Angel_84
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Did Sky Sports have all the rights to the seond week of the US Open in terms of broadcasting here in Britain?

niratti
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Luna_Angel_84
Did Sky Sports have all the rights to the seond week of the US Open in terms of broadcasting here in Britain?

Yes sky sports has the right for the 2nd week.

last year I didn`t have sky sports!! I missed the whole 2nd week :mad: :mad:

but i`ve got sky this year :D :D

gentenaire
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Is there really a difference between British and European Eurosport? I always thought it was only the commenators.

niratti
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:54 PM
yeah, there are some differences. as mention above the US Open the European Eurosport showed the whole tournament while the british one showed only the first week. I know this because i sent an email to them and they told me that.

I`m not sure but think that european eurosport shows Wimbledon as well but here in UK it`s shown on BBC channels.

gentenaire
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:00 PM
We get BBC too, so I always watch TWimbledon on BBC.

ColinB
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Guys - used to work there... so....

Eurosport international - is the main channel broadcast via satellite to 54 countries in Europe and in 18 languages.

There are two regional variations of this - British Eurosport and Eurosport France. British Eurosport is a partnership with NTL and Eurosport France is a partnership with Canal+.

British Eurosport will show the exact same events as Eurosport International with tennis- but sometimes some extra's if a British player does well such as showing San Jose a coupple of years ago when Rusedski beat Agassi in the final. They will always show the same tennis except at the Grand Slams - where they may focus on more British matches if Tim and Greg are playing as the rattings are huge in the UK then.

The other difference is the US Open. Eurosport International has the full European rights to the two weeks live, but SKY Sports already had the UK rights - and as British Eurosport is carried on the SKY TV platform in the UK - they couldn't piss SKY off too much - so came to a deal where they can only show live matches in the forst week of the US Open and show highlights in the second.

Eurosport France is allowed to have a completely different schedule compared to the rest of Eurosport.

Eurosportnews is a 24 hour sports news channel which will carry live results and features from events.

Eurosport.com - carries live results too.

Hope this helps. Colin

Raisin
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Yeah that's right Colin, I have British and French Eurosport and at times they show totally different programmes and also in the slams sometimes I get the luck to follow two different matches.

irma
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:48 AM
I think Germany has their own version now too, well I heard that from somebody on another board!

Maajken
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:01 AM
I have Eurosport International in Belgium but the commentators are English and theyre often talking like only Brittish people watch. Like "oh yes and its at that time CET for EI viewers".

niratti
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:10 PM
I have British Eurosport with British Commentators and I'm fed up with them!!! :)

ColinB
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Niratti - Its the same English Language commentators on British Eurosport and Eurosport International at the same time...

There are 10 million homes who get British Eurosport and virtually none in the UK now who have Eurosport International via English - just hotels around Europe and a few expats on the costa del sol - hence why they bias it towards UK when commentating in English...

Irma - no German version yet - but maybe in future as winter sports rates so well in Germany..

Angelica - You can have it in French, Dutch or Flemish - you just need to change your freequency of how you receive your signal so that you can get it in your own language....

Lola
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:30 AM
I am impressed by eurosport! there are no commercials during the night sessions in L.A. no commercials between the games and that's cool. and also new

ColinB
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:15 AM
They probably couldnt sell any advertising space :-))) he he

Nina_rus
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:59 AM
They assume no one is watching

Maajken
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ColinB
Angelica - You can have it in French, Dutch or Flemish - you just need to change your freequency of how you receive your signal so that you can get it in your own language....
Nope. Apparently i can only choose between English and German..

And well i prefer English anyway, so all is good ;)

irma
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:41 AM
dutch was taken of the satelite already a long time ago!
of course it's still on the cable here!