PDA

View Full Version : What was the best final this year?

E. Blackadder
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:14 PM
I included all Grand Slam and Tier I finals + Some remarquable Tier II finals :D

fleemke³
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Justine defeating Serena!!!!! And the final in Antwerp! And Kim beating Venus ;)

Glenn
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by fleemke²
Justine defeating Serena!!!!! And the final in Antwerp! And the winst over Venus from Kim!! :D

LOL@your english...
Winst, hehehehe :p

MarcusRock
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:48 PM
It's gotta be Amelia Island. Probably the comeback of the decade and there's still over 7 years left in it.

Devon
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Amelia Island was absolutely awesome. I thought Justine was going to bagel Venus on the second set and blow her off the court. But Venus started to turn things around.... and boy did she ever!!!!

fleemke³
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Glenn

LOL@your english...
Winst, hehehehe :p

lol lach met een ander he :sad: :p

MarcusRock
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Glenn, are you going to let him talk about your mother like that?

anabel
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Aus Open for me

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Los ANgeles for me

schris
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:56 PM
1. Australian Open Jennifer def. Martina
2. Amelia Island Venus def. Justine
3. Berlin Justine def. Serena

tennisIlove09
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Aussie Open was amazing; the second set was anyway.

Amelia Island was a lot like the Aussie, but the 3rd was great tennis too.

LA, was just a classic battle.

Those three.

Serendy Willick
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Serena kicking everyones ass. HEHEHEHE

Keith
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Aus Open was by far, the most dramatic and entertaining. The third set was a bit of a let down, but everything leading into it was tense as could be. Match points in a final....

caseyl45
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Wow, there were some really good finals this year. It's close, but I thought that the Henin/S. Williams final in Berlin had that something extra. Each one dominated for a set, and they both played at a similar level in the third. Then in the third set tiebreaker, the shot that Henin had to come up with to set up match point -- wow. I can still see that shot in my mind. Second I think was the Amelia Island final, where Venus Williams had to play so well to win. Even though Henin dominated to start with and then lost, I thought the quality of the tennis was pretty good throughout. That was another one that came down to a third set-tiebreaker. Tight matches always seem to be the most thrilling.

Helen Lawson
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Berlin.

niratti
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Not sure about the best but I`ve just withnessed the WORST match of the year Henin VS Dementieva!!! very few of winners shots but million of errors!!!

TeNnIsFaN
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:05 PM
The Aussie Open...I love the suspenseful matches...:)

selesrules
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:14 PM
Definitely the Aussie Open, that one was full of drama! :eek:

Oizo
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Definitely the OZ final. ;)

sailntiger
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:19 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: IT HAD TO BE JUSTINE BEATING SERENA IN THE BERLIN CHAMPIONSHIP :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:angel: :angel: :angel: GO JUSTINE :angel: :angel: :angel:

Hardiansf
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:41 AM
All Williams' final in US Open