PDA

View Full Version : Difficult choice(s) for the future...

Vikapower
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Tennis.com (http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=13253&zoneid=25)

Piotr Wozniacki lashes out at critics

Piotr Wozniacki lashes out at his and daughter Caroline’s critics for saying she should consider hiring a new coach. Piotr is Caroline’s primary coach, but she also uses the services of adidas’ Sven Groenfeld. Piotr was not at the tournament in Bastad, Sweden, where Caroline retired in the second round with an injury.

"I hope that all the Danish experts are pleased that the father is no longer with her daughter, says Piotr told Ekstra Bladet. "There has been a lot of focus on me, so I hope the experts are satisfied that I was not in Bastad."

Caroline wrote on her blog that she might be considering doing some things differently. The No. 1 suffered early defeats both at Roland Garros and at Wimbledon.

"I know there are many who criticize me and who want, among other things, that I need to change coaches. It is a period when I walk around and think about what will happen in the future. The period I have to go through now is not easy. That is why I will take my precautions about how I must make myself ready for the challenges ahead…I am sorry to have disappointed my fans with a defeat, but I will get strong again and will do anything to get even better."

>> Must or musn't she change coach !? Advise her in this possibly rough period of her career, she must be reading ; my thought, with or without her father, with or without a coach new or old, her game is just not good enough to win a major and might never be... it's like to get a Cadillac to perform like a Ferrari. Kisses Caro.

Graftard
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Whether or not Caro changes coach is of little consequence. A coach, however brilliant, cannot give talent to player, which is something she lacks.

Potato
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Her father's coaching allows Caro to win WTA tour events, but not slams. We'll see what she wants more, the gold or the glory.

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Whether or not Caro changes coach is of little consequence. A coach, however brilliant, cannot give talent to player, which is something she lacks.

Talented enough to be number 1 and beat Petra 3 times.

Root
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:33 AM

What does Petra have to do with this?

BlueTrees
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Don't change ANYTHING! I want her to lose early in US Open like she did at RG and Wimby. I like things the way they are. :oh:

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:37 AM
What does Petra have to do with this?

Graftard is a huge Petra fan. He/she thinks that she's soooooooooo talented and that Caroline doesn't have any talent.

Graftard
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:37 AM

Yeah, okay. Her #1 is a joke and you know it. She'd never be #1 5-6 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I am not a "hater", I think Caro is good for the sport to keep other players honest. She's a top 5-10 material for sure with her consistency and decent mental strength. HOWEVER - I don't think she is talented enough dominate the sport and win multiple slams like many Carotards seem to think... Just way too many weaknesses in her game and she's too stubborn to change her ways since her counterpunching got her the #1 rank. Plus I have a feeling she's just milking the sport for $$$, she doesn't care about the glory or being in history books, which is disappointing.

Compared to ruthless and talented competitors like Petra Kvitova who are hungry for glory and super ambitious to win the big titles, Caro is not looking too impressive. And when Kvitova fully dials in her game, Caro can kiss the #1 ranking goodbye. She'll be hit off court like in that Wimbledon match, except it will happen every time.

abi
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Don't change ANYTHING! I want her to lose early in US Open like she did at RG and Wimby. I like things the way they are. :oh:

:spit:

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:43 AM

Not happening.:rolleyes:

Root
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Graftard is a huge Petra fan. He/she thinks that she's soooooooooo talented and that Caroline doesn't have any talent.

Petra is soooooooooo talented though, even more so than Caroline.

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Petra is soooooooooo talented though, even more so than Caroline.

I never said that she wasn't.:rolleyes:

Vikapower
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:09 AM

Which is obviously a fact, no !? Push-push does have some kind of talent hidden somewhere but the gap that separates her from Petra in that department is unmeasurable... don't try to put figures or words it's really just unmeasurable.

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Which is obviously a fact, no !? Push-push does have some kind of talent hidden somewhere but the gap that separates her from Petra in that department is unmeasurable... don't try to put figures or words it's really just unmeasurable.

No, that is not a fact. You put it into words by claiming that the gap is "unmeasurable."

Graftard
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Kvitova is superior to Wozz as living are to the dead. Monstrous serve, forehand, good slice and ability to finish at the net - all of which Sunshine lacks. Once Kvitova completely reaches her prime at 23-24 years old, opponents will be lucky to last an hour against her. Caroline will hang around top 10, winning Brussels and Copenhagen every year to keep her rank, but she will not win a grand slam. Her weapons are simply too limited and she relies on on-court coaching far too much to be a champion. When I watch Caro, I do not see the ruthlessness of a champion, the ambition and the talent that made a player into a legend.

Brad[le]y.
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Can't wait to see what this thread becomes within the next hour :scared:

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Kvitova is superior to Wozz as living are to the dead. Monstrous serve, forehand, good slice and ability to finish at the net - all of which Sunshine lacks. Once Kvitova completely reaches her prime at 23-24 years old, opponents will be lucky to last an hour against her. Caroline will hang around top 10, winning Brussels and Copenhagen every year to keep her rank, but she will not win a grand slam. Her weapons are simply too limited and she relies on on-court coaching far too much to be a champion. When I watch Caro, I do not see the ruthlessness of a champion, the ambition and the talent that made a player into a legend.

Don't you ever get tired of hyping Petra? Yes, she talented but she's not the Second Coming of Graf.

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:32 AM
How long will it take for this thread to get closed?

Graftard
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Don't you ever get tired of hyping Petra? Yes, she talented but she's not the Second Coming of Graf.

Of course I don't think Petra will be Steffi Graf. Her technique and movement will always limit her to faster surfaces, while Steffi had no weaknesses on any surface. I still think she'll win 2-3 AO's 6-7 Wimbledons and 4-5 USOs though. FO might be out of question however.

BTW, I find it funny that a Serena and Federer fan likes Wozniacki. Very very strange.

Vikapower
Jul 15th, 2011, 05:28 AM
No, that is not a fact. You put it into words by claiming that the gap is "unmeasurable."

:confused: I didn't put into words the gap that separates these 2 in terms of talent, yes it's indescribable if you prefer. ;) Not a fact !? Tell me a department where Caro is superior or equal to Petra !? -- If she's not more talented then how comes the Czech has a major and Caro none in 2 years of dominance and peak tennis !?

N.B. Not even a F to account in the last 2 years and since 2009.

goat
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:03 AM
I think there is a possibility for Caroline to win a slam. It is fair to say her game does not suit clay or grass but when it comes to US hard court season that girl is one of the top 5, if not top three with Serena playing below par. If the previous years of the WTA has taught fans anything it is that spontaneous, unexpected wins, minor alterations and small impending factors have the ability to warp any prediction, match up or tournament. Her style of play does not suggest force to reckon with but I think she is young enough, technically talented enough and athletically astute to be able to adapt and change her game to be more efficient to win.

The argument where Kvitova is just too darn good (god bless her!) is also redundant, although meeting only once in a grand slam I do not predict the future WTA no. 1 to be winning grand slams on every surface. I also do not see as many players taking the role of torch barer in the future and therefore there will be a gap in slams. This is where i expect Caroline to come in, similar to that of Jankovic, Ivanovic or Safina taking the no. 1 spot previously, opportunities will be taken. It is unlike Piotr to let them slip, lets remind ourselves that this duo developed Caroline into the world number one, they're a strong, committed team willing to work towards goals, as previously shown.

However, I think for now we will have to wait.

Tennisation
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:43 AM
She needs to get a forehand, not a coach.

bandabou
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM
She just has to stop being so reliant on coaching to begin with. At majors in crunch time against quality opponents, you have to figure it out on your own. And of course being more aggressive on key points can't hurt either.

ArcticMoose
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:07 AM

:lol: The Thread title has "C/W" missing SO does not trigger the attention of the tards or trolls at first glance :hysteric: - still relatively early in some global time zones .... only a matter of time - as certain as night follows day .. :tape:

Sombrerero loco
Jul 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
please choice demekhine :hearts:

$uricate
Jul 15th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Her dad is the only reason she is winning anything.

I think she should change coach though, a new coach is not gonna get her a slam but it might have the bonus of reducing her results at the other events and hopefully make her lose the number 1 ranking.

What she really needs is a completely new game and to lose some weight.

LUVMIRZA
Jul 15th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Her dad is the only reason she is winning anything.

I think she should change coach though, a new coach is not gonna get her a slam but it might have the bonus of reducing her results at the other events and hopefully make her lose the number 1 ranking.

What she really needs is a completely new game and to lose some weight.

too good:spit:

madmax
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM
No coach in the world can turn weaponless pushing mug into world class beater...such a small ingredient like talent is required to win those shabangs called slams and only those blessed with ability to take destiny in their own hands win them. No amount of cowardish grinding will help her against superior offensive players

Corswandt
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Tell me a department where Caro is superior or equal to Petra !?

Boring everyone to death.

Plus Slams are overrated like everyone knows.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:05 AM
No coach in the world can turn weaponless pushing mug into world class beater.

And yet, in recent years, she has handily destroyed most of the active players(except Na) who have won less than 4 slams.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:06 AM
It will become (and already has become) exactly what the OP hoped it would become when he/she posted it. ;)

goat
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:55 AM
the only time I post a semi decent response and everyone quotes the trolls. :fiery: :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
If Caro loses early at the USO, it will put some pressure on her.
Its unusual to have long term #1 with 3 weak majors in a row, & thats after blowing a matchpoint opportunity at the AO.

I think overall she's done very well. The last 2 slam losses were weak. She should not lose to those players at back to back majors.
When other players have those kinds of slam losses, no one notices. For a slamless #1, people want to see her fighting as hard as she can at each major.

So its a big USO for her. we'll see how she does. Then she goes for YE #1 repeat

But 1st things 1st. She's won every hardcourt Tier I except Cincy & Miami. And starts her summer in Cincy

Chrissie-fan
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM
the only time I post a semi decent response and everyone quotes the trolls. :fiery: :lol:
Sorry about that. :hug: I like your post.

Vikapower
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I think there is a possibility for Caroline to win a slam. It is fair to say her game does not suit clay or grass (1) but when it comes to US hard court season that girl is one of the top 5, if not top three with Serena playing below par. If the previous years of the WTA has taught fans anything it is that spontaneous, unexpected wins, minor alterations and small impending factors have the ability to warp any prediction, match up or tournament. Her style of play does not suggest force to reckon with but I think she is young enough, technically talented enough and athletically astute to be able to adapt and change her game to be more efficient to win.

The argument where Kvitova is just too darn good (god bless her!) is also redundant, although meeting only once in a grand slam (2)I do not predict the future WTA no. 1 to be winning grand slams on every surface. I also do not see as many players taking the role of torch barer in the future and therefore there will be a gap in slams. This is where i expect Caroline to come in, similar to that of Jankovic, Ivanovic or Safina taking the no. 1 spot previously, opportunities will be taken. It is unlike Piotr to let them slip, lets remind ourselves that this duo developed Caroline into the world number one, they're a strong, committed team willing to work towards goals, as previously shown.

However, I think for now we will have to wait.

(1) I'll quote you because you asked to in a kindly manner, needless to say that I completely disagree... your observation is made on the part of a season where many of the bigger hitters (say it how ever you want) have failed to accomplish anything significant on the US HCs these last 2 years.

Fast hard suits the big hitters and it will now be interesting to see how Wozniacki who is tucked as top 3-5-10 on fast hard does against a certain group of players which includes Maria, Petra, Serena, Venus, Kimmie... and at a lesser extent Victoria, Sabine Lisicki (lesser extent since their achievements on fast are very so-so) then Julia, Cibulkova, Hantuchova, Petkovic (who can always have a moment of brilliance in the major)... they are playing from reasonably good to very good depending on the names and can really slap the ball very hard.

These are not Zvonareva anymore. :lol:

(2) Grass and Deco share similar treats though the surfaces have been denigrated these last few years but it would be delusional to believe that Petra would not do well on these US HCs. It would make no sense to use her past results to say she will fail since this year 2011 is her best season, where she's playing her best tennis and consistent one and only what she will do in the next few weeks will tell the truth.

After what she did in London but especially after what she did in Paris who has very very quick courts, to Kimmie, she's definitively one of the heavy favorites for the crown in NY. Confidence is there, belief is there, she doesn't seem like a player that takes huge pressure - if all the components are present like on grass she should at least make a SF in the pocket.

Her biggest challenge though is Kimmie who is unbeaten since [insert year] I know it's something like 6 or 7 years... the WS are done, anyways Venus is done and it's not suddenly in US Open this year she will accomplish something whereas in the past she was fit, healthy, 100% and still was unable to accomplish anything outside grass. Stays Maria who is still shaping up nicely though still a complete mystery with that serve.

BepaMaria
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Frankly speaking, a new coach won't benefit her as Pushniacki is a daddy's girl. Without her daddy, she would be out of her comfort zone and affect her mentally, just like what happened to Zvonareva with Sergiy:shrug:

Excelscior
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM

What has she done with Petra Lately (Like Janet Jackson), and do you think she looks forward to playing Petra now??????

And like the other poster said "what does that have to do with this conversation?"

I see your Petra-fied, huh? :fiery: :mad: :o

Now back to the subject; it seems from hearing Caroline's and her fathers comments, that there's potential trouble brewing in the Danish Kingdon, and Caroline is mulling things over?

The question is, does her father think she's only good enough to win tour events, and not slams, or does he think she's good enough (or not good enough) to win majors????

How she schedules the next year (or who her coach will be), will answer that question. Maybe Caroline thinks she can win majors and her father doesn't? Lol. We'll see?

Mmmmhhhhhh?

Excelscior
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Everything that you just repeated that Graftard said is true.

So what's the problem????? :wavey: :wavey: :confused:

Excelscior
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM

Though I agree Graftard that Petra has the potential to be a all time great, and is considerably more talented than Caroline. Let's not get crazy here. Many things can happen, and talent doesn't alway pan out for a multiplicity of reasons. More than any though; please don't jinx the girl, before her career truly takes off!! Lol. :lick: :lol: :wavey:

I to, can sit here and argue why Petra is better, will have a better career, take her #1 ranking etc. But lets also show some humility, encouragement, patience and respect to Woz. I know the poster said something stupid, that you didn't agree with. But so be it; this is an internet board. What do you expect? It's full of opinions (good, bad, sane and wacky) from hopeless fans. Lol.

Caroline, can get better as well.

Break My Rapture
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I'm actually really interested to see what she ends up doing.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM
But lets also show some humility, encouragement, patience and respect to Woz. That'll be the day.

Caroline, can get better as well.
I doubt it. She has no talent, remember.

Excelscior
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM
That'll be the day.

I doubt it. She has no talent, remember.

Funny Chrissie fan!!

Obviously she does (in anticipation, patience, endurance and her back hand). The problem is, she doesn't have the talent where she needs it (other weapons), or the talent that she has now, is not good enough? Lol. ;) :confused: :(

C. Drone
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:24 PM
even 3 little thing could help her. But wouldn't really hurt, i'm sure.
- stop the on court coaching.
- clean that calendar, no more useless MM tournaments, try peaking at slams. Cut back exhos and media crapt, those just making her more tired. She'll has enough time to make more money or support scandinavian tennis after she retired.
- needs a full time coach. Not daddy and not Adidas Regression Program.

can't see these happening.

postalblowfish
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
She has no talent, remember.

Lolz, hater.

:)

Serenita
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
:yawn:
Caro haters are such a bore. Everyone know how this thread will end up.:o

Mynarco
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
even 3 little thing could help her. But wouldn't really hurt, i'm sure.
- stop the on court coaching.
- clean that calendar, no more useless MM tournaments, try peaking at slams. Cut back exhos and media crapt, those just making her more tired. She'll has enough time to make more money or support scandinavian tennis after she retired.
- needs a full time coach. Not daddy and not Adidas Regression Program.

can't see these happening.

co-sigm

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:47 PM
What has she done with Petra Lately (Like Janet Jackson), and do you think she looks forward to playing Petra now??????

And like the other poster said "what does that have to do with this conversation?"

I see your Petra-fied, huh? :fiery: :mad: :o

Now back to the subject; it seems from hearing Caroline's and her fathers comments, that there's potential trouble brewing in the Danish Kingdon, and Caroline is mulling things over?

The question is, does her father think she's only good enough to win tour events, and not slams, or does he think she's good enough (or not good enough) to win majors????

How she schedules the next year (or who her coach will be), will answer that question. Maybe Caroline thinks she can win majors and her father doesn't? Lol. We'll see?

Mmmmhhhhhh?
Someone claimed that she didn't have talent and I said that she was talented enough to beat Petra. I've already explained why I brought Petra into the thread. When discussing players, it's not absolutely outrageous to bring up their opponents.
Everything that you just repeated that Graftard said is true.

So what's the problem????? :wavey: :wavey: :confused:

No it's not true. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but you're morphing into quite the troll.

goat
Jul 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM
(1) I'll quote you because you asked to in a kindly manner, needless to say that I completely disagree... your observation is made on the part of a season where many of the bigger hitters (say it how ever you want) have failed to accomplish anything significant on the US HCs these last 2 years.

Fast hard suits the big hitters and it will now be interesting to see how Wozniacki who is tucked as top 3-5-10 on fast hard does against a certain group of players which includes Maria, Petra, Serena, Venus, Kimmie... and at a lesser extent Victoria, Sabine Lisicki (lesser extent since their achievements on fast are very so-so) then Julia, Cibulkova, Hantuchova, Petkovic (who can always have a moment of brilliance in the major)... they are playing from reasonably good to very good depending on the names and can really slap the ball very hard.

(2) Grass and Deco share similar treats though the surfaces have been denigrated these last few years but it would be delusional to believe that Petra would not do well on these US HCs. It would make no sense to use her past results to say she will fail since this year 2011 is her best season, where she's playing her best tennis and consistent one and only what she will do in the next few weeks will tell the truth.

After what she did in London but especially after what she did in Paris who has very very quick courts, to Kimmie, she's definitively one of the heavy favorites for the crown in NY. Confidence is there, belief is there, she doesn't seem like a player that takes huge pressure - if all the components are present like on grass she should at least make a SF in the pocket.

Her biggest challenge though is Kimmie who is unbeaten since [insert year] I know it's something like 6 or 7 years... the WS are done, anyways Venus is done and it's not suddenly in US Open this year she will accomplish something whereas in the past she was fit, healthy, 100% and still was unable to accomplish anything outside grass. Stays Maria who is still shaping up nicely though still a complete mystery with that serve.

I think your intention was just to persecute Wozniacki. She has shown she can compete on the American hard court and beat those players - currently I suppose Lisicki would be out of the question. But you essentially just listed players who have beaten her this year or recently once.

In another thread I said that I didn't think Wozniacki had a chance at a grandslam until US 2012. By this time I see the William sisters competing for possibly their last title (if not Wimbledon the following year), likewise with Kim and a few senior floaters. The field is wide open, this is when the 'youngsters', now middle aged tennis professionals, should take the podium. People have been upset because a new crop haven't won grandslams but this should start occurring now (unless Li and Schiavone decide to split the titles :lol: ) and with the open field it appears Wozniacki and Kvitova have the greatest experience.

This gives Piotr just under two years to convert his princess from MM boss to Slam winner. I am unsure of the relationship on court opposed to off court but I never would want to be coached by a parent again as I had difficult differentiating roles. I am sure she doesn't have this problem because she has achieved great success. Even so, I think she should employ a new head coach whilst maintaining a routine with her father. Unless of course their intention is to win MM and not grandslams :tape:, then keep doing what you're doing Caro! :worship:

propi
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:37 PM
If she's such an untalented player, what does her ranking say about the rest of players!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the question, she could try to work with new people on her team to have different points of view, but her father should always be there as uncle Toni is for Rafa, they're simply players whose family is extremely important

Excelscior
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Someone claimed that she didn't have talent and I said that she was talented enough to beat Petra. I've already explained why I brought Petra into the thread. When discussing players, it's not absolutely outrageous to bring up their opponents.

No it's not true. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but you're morphing into quite the troll.

Yeah. I was being sarcastic/a little troll-ish (I see the benefits of the Wizard of Woz), but it's mostly true. Lol.

Vikapower
Jul 16th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I think your intention was just to persecute Wozniacki. She has shown she can compete on the American hard court and beat those players - currently I suppose Lisicki would be out of the question. But you essentially just listed players who have beaten her this year or recently once.

ROFL no, I posted this carelessly and if people were interested then they would talk about it if not then you can jut see for yourself a 4 page thread concerning Caro... so I really careless. :lol:

The players I brought up are her main rivals so I don't see who I can include in the conversation if their names aren't Maria, Petra, Vika, Julia, Serena, Vee, Li (I completely forgot), Cibulkova and Sabine. Gajdosova !? Kirilenko !? Hell no. :lol:

This gives Piotr just under two years to convert his princess from MM boss to Slam winner. I am unsure of the relationship on court opposed to off court but I never would want to be coached by a parent again as I had difficult differentiating roles. I am sure she doesn't have this problem because she has achieved great success. Even so, I think she should employ a new head coach whilst maintaining a routine with her father. Unless of course their intention is to win MM and not grandslams :tape:, then keep doing what you're doing Caro! :worship:

Caro does whatever she feels like but from my experience with Maria there's a moment when daddy has to leave and let his daughter fly with her own wings. Yuri left Maria with 3 majors, Piotr hasn't failed IMO because his daughter has had relative success on the tour but to get to that other notch (GS) then maybe he has become of no help anymore which is the reason he might have to leave his daughter in the hands of somebody that can bring her to a major trophy one day.

For me Caro's game is just not good, she doesn't have natural tennis skills, ball striking skills like some of the other girls, she reminds me Nadal, I don't like these kinds of grinders and it's only through very very hard work they might possibly get to something big but once again she'll always be a notch down to the girls who have these natural abilities to zip the balls hard.

She might have to use other weapons such as will, fight, determination just like Nadal to win her big matches in majors but when this isn't sufficient no more to make a much talented player bend then Rafa got beaten 5 consecutive times this year and has to recognize that Djokovic at is very best >>>> him and it's really not even close as can attest that 2nd. set in Wimbledon.

pav
Jul 16th, 2011, 03:45 AM

Sorry, but I can't get what the hell this line in the middle of your rant has to do with anything : "These are not Zvonareva anymore:lol:" :confused:

Vikapower
Jul 16th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Sorry, but I can't get what the hell this line in the middle of your rant has to do with anything : "These are not Zvonareva anymore:lol:" :confused:

In case you hadn't realize Zvonareva was the only competition the field offered in the Caro era. Lol.

duhcity
Jul 16th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Lord, even as as fan, that Petra asslicking in the beginning of the thread was ridiculous. Clearly some fans who have jumped on recently. She's more talented yes, but there's a reason why Caroline can beat her. Petra can go wildly wildly off.

But people choose to remember what they want to remember :rolleyes:

go hingis
Jul 16th, 2011, 07:00 AM
The caro bashing is just ridiculous, to say she's untalented is just beyond stupid and ignorant. What does that say for the rest of the tour ranked below her.
She was one point away from making the Aus Open Final, Daniela played a great match to beat her at the French, and she could have and should have taken Dominika out in straight sets.
Year after year we see power players who are talked about like the next big thing but to be honest none of them have made a mark on the game. The Williams sisters play power tennis but have so much more to their game than just power.