PDA

View Full Version : Palermo R2: Begu def Vinci 6-4 6-3

FORZA SARITA
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:55 PM
second set was a lot closer but Roby was just too tired to keep fightng :hug: take some deserved rest :)
Irina :cheer: she seems so tired too, doubt she can beat AMG again :sad:

Djezonfly
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Well done Irina, winning the matches that matter... :facepalm:

Drake1980
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:58 PM
:sad:

Antoshka
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Vinci :help: 4:2, 40:15 :help:

grs
A high quality match (not higher then the Budapest's one but the two girls have been tired) between two very good clay players.

valac222
How much she would have loved this scorline a week ago.

TheHangover
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Vinci was dead tired and a bit injured in the end but Begu is a good player i see her as the favourite for the tournament now, she can easily beat the corpse of pennetta in the final (if she makes the final)

FORZA SARITA
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Vinci :help: 4:2, 40:15 :help:

sunday Irina chocked that lead and tonight Roby :lol:
Irina's one was a lot worse too ;)

Curcubeu
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:01 PM
At least she took revenge, but I would have prefered winning on Sunday... :spit:

When she choked away those 2 MPs at the end, I feared the worst, but she was able to close it out this time! :D

Next one is AMG who she beat at Budapest. Would be too ironic if she takes revenge to Vinci now, but therefore loses to Anabel who is probably one of those players you don't want to face if you are tired... :unsure:

Purple_Rain
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Vinci was dead tired and a bit injured in the end but Begu is a good player i see her as the favourite for the tournament now, she can easily beat the corpse of pennetta in the final (if she makes the final)

She'll more likely face Pironkova, in which case Tsveti would be the favorite.

dadouch
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Impressed by Begu. Very talented girl.

TheHangover
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:04 PM
no please Irina has to stop Garrigues! She can't win another title in Palermo!

FORZA SARITA
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:04 PM
AMG vs Begu will be on TV tomorrow :p
instead of Sara :weirdo:

Хлоэ
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Roby :sad: have some rest please!

nevetssllim
Roby. :sad: But I'm confident she can produce some good form on the US hard-courts. :) I really hope she'll break the top-20.

Melange
Nice way to avenge last week. She hit the ball very well and should have a good chance to win.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM
congratz :shrug: Vinci 4th title of the year should wait :awww:

TheHangover
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:08 PM
She'll more likely face Pironkova, in which case Tsveti would be the favorite.

At the moment between Tsvetana and Flavia, Pironkova is the favourite, Flavia almost lost with Johansson, but i still think Flavia will win

SVK
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Roberta:(:hug: The only one seed who didn´t make QF.

TheHangover
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:18 PM
finally i have to say that Vinci's new fitness trainer is doing a miracle, one year ago she wasn't even able to play a match at her full potential because she wasn't in shape and wasn't able to mantain an high level through all the match, and now in one month she won two titles 3rd round at wimbledon 2nd here, so isn't it 14 wins and two losses? Plus all the doubles! Great job really

madmax
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:19 PM
This Begu somehow reminds me Safina playing style wise - solid off both wings and has a nice BH slice DTL. Doesn't make silly errors and is a tough competitor. Could have a nice future on clay and win French Open one day if stars will align for her

Patrick345
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Very smart from Begu to wear down Vinci in the Budapest final. Instead of winning the 3rd set 6-1, Begu extended the match to suck the life out of Vinci and then hunted her down. Followed her all the way to Vinci´s backyard, and finished her off in brutal fashion in the 2nd round of Palermo. Vinci might have won the battle, but she just lost the war. :p :worship:

Curcubeu
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:36 PM
AMG vs Begu will be on TV tomorrow :p
instead of Sara :weirdo:

:woohoo:

And I just complained about the fact that we won't see her again in her thread because Errani seemed to be fix on CC! :spit:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I like and respect both players but as Roberta has already picked up two titles in the last couple of months I'm quite happy to see someone else get a crack at this weeks event. Roberta could do with a little break anyway. Hopefully she can continue her good form on the US hard courts and crack that top 20.

As for Irina she really does look like she has a heck of good game on clay in the future. It is very easy to see her in the top 30 within the next year and from there who knows how much further she will progress. I don't know if Irina is going to win this title or not but I don't believe it will be too long before she does win a WTA event. She does seem to have all the necessary qualities to be a formidible player on clay for at least the next 5 or 6 years, perhaps more.

TheHangover
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Very smart from Begu to wear down Vinci in the Budapest final. Instead of winning the 3rd set 6-1, Begu extended the match to suck the life out of Vinci and then hunted her down. Followed her all the way to Vinci´s backyard, and finished her off in brutal fashion in the 2nd round of Palermo. Vinci might have won the battle, but she just lost the war. :p :worship:

a title vs a second round... :scratch: well if you say that, it must be true!

*Jool*
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:52 PM
so Begu takes revenge from Vinci, now Medina takes revenge on Begu ? :angel:

Dave.
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Roby :bigcry:

Sander.
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Revenche of Begu. Take your rest Roberta :hug:

Melange
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM
a title vs a second round... :scratch: well if you say that, it must be true!

the vital point is it is in Vinci´s backyard. its like a Sicillian revenge drama. the match has no importance, only the matter of doing it in front of her family and friends :yeah:

Jane Lane
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Irina :cheer:

I'm tired of Vinci winning so much. :lol:

LenaDMania0003
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Roberta:(:hug: The only one seed who didn´t make QF.

7 out of 8 seeded players advanced QF @Palermo :cool:
All top 7 seeds were knocked out in 1st round, only Pervak (seed 8) survived @ Bad Gastein :help:

Slutiana
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Good stuf from Irina. :cool: She's looking more and more impressive with every week.

A Hercog-Begu final would be great.

Tuckii
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Roby :hug:

Natash.
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:13 AM
If Begu wasn't tired, I can see her winning this. Nice game.

BlueTrees
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Begu is doing so well this year. :eek:

Sombrerero loco
Jul 15th, 2011, 10:21 AM
beat anabel next =D