PDA

View Full Version : Bad Gastein 2 R Evtimova(BUL) def.Hofmanova 3-6 6-4 6-3

FedererBulgaria
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Dia in QF Cmon Vamos Aideeeeeeee (she used all of them after good point:lol:):drool::lol::bounce:

ViennaCalling
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Niki wasted so many chances ... she was up 3-1 in the 2nd :help:

TZVETI83
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Wow two Bulgarians in a Quarterfinal in the same week, how crazy is that? Last time was when during the Maleevas era????

Bronx19
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Ordinary pusher, got no game.

black_fire
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Wow two Bulgarians in a Quarterfinal in the same week, how crazy is that? Last time was when during the Maleevas era????

I guess it were Maleeva and Karatancheva in Brisbane'05.

Congrats to Dia, her efforts are finally paying off :)

Boreas
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I enjoyed this match:D Some great points and that winner on the MP was probably the strongest shot Evtimova hit in the whole match.

joe87
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Niki :(

Way to much errors. :sad:

FedererBulgaria
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Ordinary pusher, got no game.

U can be a pusher and be number 1 in the world,so...;)

FORZA SARITA
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:31 PM
such a mental midget Niki :( up 63 *31 was playing really well than lost her focus and Dia really raised her game.

eDonkey
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:33 PM
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: A new GOAT is born.

Not a good match though (as far as I caught a glimpse).Some great winners but most of the balls fell in the net.:o

Dia can be very good when on, but she is too off even when on, ffs!!! :mad:

Nikola had a decent serve, but she DFed after each good point from her. Hope to see her more, at least she plays some tennis and not just pushes the ball.:worship:

Good luck in the quarters, Dia, wish you another Austrian on your way.:hearts:

crazillo
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Dia, great week for her! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
oh Niki :( :shrug: :sad:
a blown chance

Adrian.
Jul 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM
At least Niki gave her a fight ;)

Lennval
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Im kinda curious to know how evtimova plays...

Bulgaria
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Can't believe she managed to win this. Dia just wanted the win more then Hofmanova. There were some good rallies and a lot of errors from both girls. I think if the weather was sunny and warm Dia would of won this in two sets.

Keep on going Dia!!! :bounce:

Two bulgarian in a WTA QF's. That's just not something you see every day. Tsvetana and Grigor Dimitrov was something you can expect on WTA & ATP but this is something different. Go girls and Grigor next week. Haide :)

Bronx19
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Im kinda curious to know how evtimova plays...

"Squeak" *Push*, "Squeak" *Push*.

HowardH
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Dia doesn't push the ball. She just doesn't have a huge amount of power. These are two different things. She tries to construct points, has a good bh dtl, a good fh (esp the off fh). If she gets an opportunity to attack she will. Pushing is a conscious decision (Caro for instance is a big, strong girl, Murray is tall and definitely not that weak) whereas Dia is definitely not trying to push, she's just trying to play her tennis. I guess one weak point is that when you go with power into her bh she tends to be a bit late on the cc shots and leaves the ball in the centre of the court. She also needs to be even faster to play her game- she's quite quick now, but needs more explosiveness.

Plus, she's so cute. The mixture of C'mon, Vamos, Ajde was quite interesting too.

ghosts
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
well done Dia :)

now go and beat the third WC ;)

rucolo
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Dia Evtimova into her first WTA QF! :eek::hearts::yeah:

Niki :hug: