PDA

View Full Version : new coach

cosmoose
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I thought Maria had disappeared off the face of the earth but apparently she was plotting something big!

Big as in hiring a new coach? or is it promoting someone to be her coach.
His name is Jimy Szymanski.
Previously thought to be just a hitting partner of Kiri, @jimyszymanski announced on twitter that he is now coaching Kiri.

I don't know anything about him.
According to Kiristea, he is a former player that has been coaching Kiri since RG.

So what do you all make of this new development?
I think its a good sign. When I saw Kiri doing mindless serve and volley during Rome, I figured its about time she left her father and receive a professional coaching.

Obviously he is not a famous coach. But maybe that will motivate him to make a name for himself and in the process help Kiri regain her semi-GOAT form from last year.

Thanks to Kiriana and Kiristea for the info! :worship:

Thoughts?

kirivanovic
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I think it's a good decision, he knows her well and he will bring her a new vision and new form of coaching. But where are they training? Because i'm not sure that Maria is ready to leave Moscow.

Nikkiri
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM
From what I last read he was her hitting partner.. but either way it's good.

A few of the tweets. Not in English tho.

jackieara
@MichBertolini invitada x la rusa maria kirilenko y su coach jimy zymanski como parte del equip de trab para los torneos prep del us open

jackieara

@MichBertolini a California integrat del equipo de trab d Maria Kirilenko y jimy szymanski torneos preparatorios us open @HectoRodriguez

RT @jimyszymanski: De vuelta al tour profesional femenino con mis jugadoras Maria Kirilenko (RUS) # 24 WTA y Michelle Bertolini (VEN) camino al US Open 2011.

http://i56.tinypic.com/161kt42.jpg

Break My Rapture
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Finally.

cosmoose
Jul 25th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Team Kirilenko
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6015/5972144973_b688e0a82d_b.jpg