PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming WTT clash: Serena versus Hingis. LIVE ON STREAM NOW.

Pages : [1] 2

Smitten
Jul 14th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Legend Hingis will clash with Serena in WTT about a week from today.

One of the fiercest rivalries in women's tennis to be renewed. Serena leads the H2H 7-6 winning the last three matches.

"I love playing in Albany and playing indoors is my favorite," Hingis said.

Hingis and the Sportimes will face the Kansas City Explorers, featuring twin doubles players Bob and Mike Bryan, on July 18 at SEFCU Arena. The next night, she'll lead the Sportimes against Serena Williams and the Washington Kastles.

The two were supposed to face each other in Glens Falls last July. But Williams, who's won 13 Grand Slam singles titles, was reduced to a spectator by a foot injury.

"Playing Serena in Albany should be cool," Hingis said.

http://video.wtt.com/

Brad[le]y.
Jul 14th, 2011, 04:44 AM
this would be cool, but Serena probably won't make any sort of effort :lol:

In The Zone
Jul 14th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Serena against Martina? Hell yeah she will care. 5-2 Serena.

Nicolás89
Jul 14th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Serena against Martina? Hell yeah she will care. 5-2 Serena.

So right. :lol:

Serena 5-1. :sad:

le bon vivant
Jul 14th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Make her feel it Serena. :drool:

rimon
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Martina will definitely win this. My prediction is 5-3.

Yoncé
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Love how its "Legend Hingis" and just "Serena"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo1tn8rZGG1qmohgjo1_400.gif

Anyway Serena 5-3

Smitten
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Hingis to win. She's unplayable at her best indoors.

KBlade
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:49 AM

This is 2011, not 1997 or 1998. Serena 5-1. Hingis is "old now. Her time has passed" ;)

edificio
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I wonder if this will be streamed.

rimon
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:57 AM

This. Martina and Lindsay were by far the best of all recent players indoors.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jul 14th, 2011, 06:13 AM
:lol: Venus put in zero effort and won their meeting last year. Plus according to witness accounts Serena thrashed her last singles opponent in WTT like it was a slam final.

starin
Jul 14th, 2011, 06:48 AM
and tf will read too much into the result

it's wtt Serena puts minimal effort. The only reason she played well in her last match was cuz Michelle Obama and her daughters were watching.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Hingis will win, she is taking these exhibitions really seriously. They obviously seem to mean a lot to her, being her last connection with tennis and all that.

Mattographer
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Legend? :rolls: Yeah, right.

Serena is the true legend :worship:

marineblue
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:51 AM
It would be great if they streamed this.

Lucemferre
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:43 AM
:hearts: Still means much more than any wta rivalry to me:tape:

VishaalMaria
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I hope Serena kills her 5-1.

moby
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
The two were supposed to face each other in Glens Falls last July. But Williams, who's won 13 Grand Slam singles titles, was reduced to a spectator by a foot injury.
Serena will be reduced to a spectator again by Legend Hingis.

Wingis might throw Serena a couple of pity games, but that's it.

Hingis to win. She's unplayable at her best indoors.Ky2f_JU1H5Q

Exactly. Enough said.

bandabou
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:00 AM
:lol: Legend Hingis, huh? And Serena is just a regular player. Nice, nice. I guess 13 majors anc counting doesn't buy you much these days. :lol:

melodynelson
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Personally hoping for Serena to thrash Hingis, but unfortunately this is only WTT. What I'd give to see
Hingis embarrassed in another GS F.

Sammo
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Serena will probably withdraw... again :oh:

Queenpova
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Legend Hingis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

18majors
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:25 PM
This is such a good match.

Apoleb
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Serena grew up in Compton. She knows very well how to deal with drug addicts..

I presume she will take her to a party the night before. :oh:

cellophane
Jul 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
This thread :lol:

barmaid
Jul 14th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I heard Serena already withdrew citing a foot injury:sad::tape:

Barmaid:wavey:

Queenpova
Jul 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM

classy.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jul 14th, 2011, 01:52 PM

classy.

Kworb
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Good luck Martina :bowdown:

Malkmus_
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Were Hingis to win, it would be nothing and, of course, because Serena didn't bother or care
Were Serena to win, it's because Hingis can't handle the power players

:rolleyes:

PLP
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM
classy.

No, he's serious, I heard that the other day as well.
But when I went on to WTT site I couldn't find any news.

I hope Serena does play, this should be fun...

Some of the comments in this thread are unnecessary to say the least.
It's an EXHO....for FUN, so just let it be KIDS.
:lol:

Nicolás89
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Pressed Serena fans. :haha:

Sammo
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Serena better play :o

BarsonlyOne
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
This is 2011, not 1997 or 1998. Serena 5-1. Hingis is "old now. Her time has passed" ;)

I remember that quote. Life and tennis are cyclical, so it was inevitable that Martina would get there eventually. Still love her to death though :worship::worship:

PLP
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Honey, you do realize that Serena is only 1 year younger than Martina. :tape:

shoryuken
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:47 PM

That was a false article. Serena's fine.

"She's old and slow" :oh:

Sammo
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM
"She's old and slow" :oh:

Please, when Serena was in good form she was making fun of the rest of the tour all the time, it won't be long until the players start saying those kind of things about her in order to get some revenge.

shoryuken
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Please, when Serena was in good form she was making fun of the rest of the tour all the time, it won't be long until the players start saying those kind of things about her in order to get some revenge.

it's all good :lol: Keeps the tour entertaining.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM
some people are so slow :lol:

danieln1
Jul 14th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Serena in 1 5-2

Serenita
Jul 14th, 2011, 06:45 PM
One of the most entertaining rivalries in WTA history. It was fun while it lasted.

Vlover
Jul 14th, 2011, 06:51 PM
:lol: Venus put in zero effort and won their meeting last year.
Way to deflate the "legend" fairytale!:happy:

barmaid
Jul 14th, 2011, 07:07 PM
That was last year...Marti is playing much better this year and Venus has hardly "improved" from last year!

Barmaid

Nicolás89
Jul 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Way to deflate the "legend" fairytale!:happy:

Eehh Sorry but Martina wasn't even close to a decent form last year, didn't she and Kournikova lost after 1 match in the Wimbledon Lengends event?

le bon vivant
Jul 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Pressed Serena fans. :haha:Pressed?
http://i51.tinypic.com/2qnmnoz.gif

Novichok
Jul 14th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Martian fans are too funny. So invested in these exhibitions.:lol:

Vlover
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
That was last year...Marti is playing much better this year and Venus has hardly "improved" from last year!

Barmaid
OK, I'll be nice since the WTT means so much to you guys and I have the USO to look forward to for Venus. For your sake, hopefully Serena may be in a more generous mood than Venus.:lol:

!VamosRafa!
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hingis 5-2, Serena wont even care.

starin
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
i'm dying at how desperate hingis fans are :lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:02 PM
FYI to everyone

There will be a live stream of it here - http://video.wtt.com
Next Wednesday at 7pm new york time

Ryan
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:22 PM
5-2 Serena. :shrug: She'll treat it like a real match I think.

Nicolás89
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Seriously? Hingis fans are acting desperate over a couple of exhibition matches? Well yeah, she is retired and winning against top 250 players. If anything, someone else's fans are acting too damn pressed over the use of an adjective next to Hingis' name on a useless fan made poll. :shrug:

Dodoboy.
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/2e34itf.gif

GAGAlady
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Love how its "Legend Hingis" and just "Serena"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo1tn8rZGG1qmohgjo1_400.gif

Anyway Serena 5-3

we should be asking you the same thing

: really? really did you HAVE to wear that RIDICULOUS hat>!!!!

lol:o:kiss:

GAGAlady
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:26 PM

hahahahahaha

Martina looks younger now than she did 5 years ago. LMAO. too funny

:):wavey:

Serena better play..cause i watched hingis play BESIDE me on court (we played next to each other) and trust ME she IS ready. LOL

:tape::lick:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
wow....some people :tape: it's just an exho ppl

pascal77
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:58 PM

Hingis is a good horse rider, so she knows how to deal with some untamed animals :wavey: :cool:

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Hingis is a good horse rider, so she knows how to deal with some untamed animals :wavey: :cool:

I doubt her ass was on a feral horse.:rolleyes:

Sammo
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:31 AM
^ Well she had a relationship with Radek :lol: GOD I feel dirty now just thinking about Radek in the bed, even with Martina :sobbing:

Novichok
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:35 AM
^ Well she had a relationship with Radek :lol: GOD I feel dirty now just thinking about Radek in the bed, even with Martina :sobbing:

Dirty? In a good way? Threesome? :oh:

Sammo
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Dirty? In a good way? Threesome? :oh:

Being with Martina in the bed but with Radek at the same time... :scratch:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/187888_167359756658519_526647_n.jpg

shoryuken
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:49 AM

I wouldn't be so sure of that :lol:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2243/horse2.jpg

AkademiQ
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:00 AM
i'm dying at how desperate hingis fans are :lol:

They don't have much. It's to be expected and rather typical of them.

Sammo
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't be so sure of that :lol:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2243/horse2.jpg

:facepalm::lol:

LoveFifteen
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:38 AM
I think most Hingis fans are joking around. :shrug:

Like our fave, we have a playful sense of humor.

I'm watching Hingis vs. Oudin now. There's no way Hingis will beat Serena. This isn't the 90s anymore.

Nicolás89
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:49 AM

I'm watching Hingis vs. Oudin now. There's no way Hingis will beat Serena. This isn't the 90s anymore.

Thank you.

Sammo
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:15 AM

Where did you get it please?

rimon
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:30 AM

Do you really think that Martina would be as competitive against Oudin as she would against Serena? :tape:

Also, Martina barely lost to Venus last year, and is playing much, much, much better now than she was then.

Ryan
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:32 AM

LNIK! PLEASE! Please?

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:48 AM
This match gets ...
http://i51.tinypic.com/ilkca1.png

le bon vivant
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:02 AM
This match gets ...
http://i51.tinypic.com/ilkca1.pngOK, enough. :lol:

Annie.
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:07 AM
I like Hingis :shrug: Tennis was the absolute best when it was her and the WS. I was almost kicked out of my family for liking her. She was such a bitch and it was so fun watching her and Serena be bitcy towards each other :hearts: *sigh* the good ole days. I can't wait until they play each other.

LoveFifteen
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:39 AM
I like Hingis :shrug: Tennis was the absolute best when it was her and the WS. I was almost kicked out of my family for liking her. She was such a bitch and it was so fun watching her and Serena be bitcy towards each other :hearts: *sigh* the good ole days. I can't wait until they play each other.

:sobbing:

I miss those days, too. What I wouldn't give to turn back time and watch some more peak Hingis vs. peak Venus matches. So much drama. :hearts:

Apoleb
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:09 AM
This match gets ...

Oh my god. I love that. :sobbing: A definite win.

rimon
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:15 AM

I miss those days, too. What I wouldn't give to turn back time and watch some more peak Hingis vs. peak Venus matches. So much drama. :hearts:

What I find so strange about this rivalry is that it gve us possibly the best and worst slam final in recent times. The 2000 USO SF was epic, with brilliant play by both. Venus ended up winning 4-6, 6-3, 7-5. Then there was the 2001 AO SF, which was absolutely disgusting. :tape: Martina won 6-1, 6-1 in less than an hour. Martina always had the upper hand, but it was a brilliant rivalry, which gave us plenty of great matches. :worship:

shoparound
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:58 AM

bandabou
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:07 AM
:lol: A WTT-match is a CLASH, now?! OMG! :facepalm: :hysteric:

Polikarpov
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:33 AM
This thread is a mess.:lol:

Hail, Wingis!:bowdown: Hail, Sarin!:bowdown: I hope they could play doubles together. It would be fucking amazing.:sobbing:

Jeff
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM
It is only a WTT match and doesn't mean much, but still exciting to see these two play one another no matter what the occasion.

I don't think Serena will play near her best, but I don't see her allowing herself to lose to Martina. I've enjoyed watching Martina playing, though.

donniedarkofan
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:36 AM

No, not 90's for sure.

Australian Open 2001. Ring a bell?

doktor
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Its pretty sad that this is more exciting than 90% of what passes for tour matches these days.

Annie.
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM

OMG remember that time Venus' beads fell out of her head, & Hingis picked one up and was laughing. :tape:

I hope Venus went back to the locker room and whooped her ass. :lol: Seriously though, it a reason why the ratings were the highest for women's tennis back then; it was the best in terms of quality, entertainment, & drama.

Sammo
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Its pretty sad that this is more exciting than 90% of what passes for tour matches these days.

Yep, but at least we've got it!

Serenita
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM
It's just a WTT match:lol:

Sammo
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM
It's just a WTT match:lol:

Which is better than 95% of the matches we get on the real tour...

Smitten
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM

Yep. As I've said before that it is no coincidence the WTA tour was at its peak in interest and quality when Hingis was its ruler. There will never be anything like her ever again and the contrast between her game and the Williams made for great matches.

This thread is a mess.:lol:

Hail, Wingis!:bowdown: Hail, Sarin!:bowdown: I hope they could play doubles together. It would be fucking amazing.:sobbing:

:sobbing: It could happen. They're actually not enemies. I remember in 2002 before Hingis' absence from the tour they practiced together at a tournament.

Slutiana
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:11 PM
This match gets ...

Vlover
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Maybe for you, as you are one of the more reasonable Hingis fans but clearly not for the desperate ones below who can't stand it that Venus is still capable of playing on the tour.:lol:

Also, Martina barely lost to Venus last year, and is playing much, much, much better now than she was then.
Venus was capable of reaching the USO semis last year on an injured leg, losing a close match to the champion. When was the last time Hingis reached a major semis? If she is so good, why not prove it on the tour where it counts instead of meaningless exhibitions.

Smitten
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Maybe for you, as you are one of the more reasonable Hingis fans but clearly not for the desperate ones below who can't stand it that Venus is still capable of playing on the tour.:lol:

Please learn how to read.

The first poster to mention Venus' name in this thread was a Venus fan. :lol: This thread was intended to discuss Serena & Hingis and it is serving its purpose. You're the one who keeps coming in here trying to turn this into something it's not.

I don't think anyone is upset that Venus is still on tour embarrassing herself with losses to Petkovic and Pironkova in slams. If anything let her keep playing as long as she wants. :lol:

Now you may exit. :wavey:

VishaalMaria
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM

The first poster to mention Venus' name in this thread was a Venus fan. :lol: This thread was intended to discuss Serena & Hingis and it is serving its purpose. You're the one who keeps coming in here trying to turn this into something it's not.

I don't think anyone is upset that Venus is still on tour embarrassing herself with losses to Petkovic and Pironkova in slams. If anything let her keep playing as long as she wants. :lol:

You're right. We (Vee fans) aren't upset that Venus is still playing on the tour. At least we can hold onto that fact, at least. Which can't be said for some people. :wavey:

shoparound
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Serena did lose to a lot of players under 21 last year.... I wonder if she'll be up for this match

Bezz
Jul 16th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I think this match is gonna be competitive, probably not the highest quality they have ever payed against each other, but serena has been out a long time and martina has retired....so makes them pretty equal in my mind. Will be fun to see.

Olórin
Jul 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Yep. As I've said before that it is no coincidence the WTA tour was at its peak in interest and quality when Hingis was its ruler.

Most people agree the WTA peak was 98-03 and Hingis was its ruler for perhaps one of those years (1999). 2000 and 2001 it was more Venus and obviously 2002-03 was all Serena.

rimon
Jul 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Most people agree the WTA peak was 98-03 and Hingis was its ruler for perhaps one of those years (1999). 2000 and 2001 it was more Venus and obviously 2002-03 was all Serena.

Venus has never been the really dominant player of any year.

2000 - Venus yes, but also Martina and Lindsay.
2001 - Venus yes, but also Jennifer.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Well I don't think he said the SINGLE DOMINANT player, he said "it was more Venus" Which is pretty hard not to agree with. In 2000 Venus won Wimbledon, Olympic Gold and the US Open. She was the stand out player of 2000, even with the missed January-April. Martina didn't even win a slam that year, she was just consistent and had a ranking to prove it. 2001 was mostly split between Venus and Jennifer, I'll give you that one.

Olórin
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:03 AM

Over the 2000-2001 period Venus had clearly the best results on tour, by a nice little margin.

(1) She collected 4 Grand Slams, OG, (2) had commanding H2Hs versus all her rivals, (3) a 91% overall W/L ratio, and (4) 12 titles. She was the superior player on tour for those two seasons. She might not have been all-out dominant, but she was the best player.

The only thing she didn't do was become #1; but along with Hingis she was the only player to stay in the top 3 throughout that entire period. The only player who comes close to Venus is any of these categories is Hingis, but she was missing something important. I find it hard to compare her 2001 with Capriati's when she went 3-0 against her including in two important tournaments and won double the number of titles.

rimon
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Well I don't think he said the SINGLE DOMINANT player, he said "it was more Venus" Which is pretty hard not to agree with. In 2000 Venus won Wimbledon, Olympic Gold and the US Open. She was the stand out player of 2000, even with the missed January-April. Martina didn't even win a slam that year, she was just consistent and had a ranking to prove it. 2001 was mostly split between Venus and Jennifer, I'll give you that one.

Good points, I agree. If you had to choose, who would you say purely for 2001? Jennifer reached all the slam SFs, and won 2, whereas Venus won 2, reached another SF and lost in the 1st Round of the other. She won three more titles though.

rimon
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Over the 2000-2001 period Venus had clearly the best results on tour. She collected 4 Grand Slams, OG, had commanding H2Hs versus all her rivals, a 91% overall W/L ratio, and 12 titles. She was the superior player on tour for those two seasons. She might not have been all-out dominant, but she was the best player.

Very true. If you had to choose, who would you say purely for 2001? Jennifer reached all the slam SFs, and won 2, whereas Venus won 2, reached another SF and lost in the 1st Round of the other. She won three more titles though. If we go by slams, it's Jennifer. If not, then it's Venus. I still think that Venus deserved POY.

young_gunner913
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Send her running for the pipe Sarin.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Good points, I agree. If you had to choose, who would you say purely for 2001? Jennifer reached all the slam SFs, and won 2, whereas Venus won 2, reached another SF and lost in the 1st Round of the other. She won three more titles though.

Capriati has consistency at the slams in her favor for sure. W/W/SF/SF is indeed very rare. She would have a stronger case if she could have grabbed the YE#1 from Lindsay at the YEC, but as it stood she was #2 just ahead of Venus. The R1 loss does NOT work to Venus' favor, but as it stands I would personally take Venus' Miami, Hamburg, Wimbledon, San Diego, New Haven and US Open titles over Jennifer's Australian Open, Charleston and French Open.

Idly, it's crazy to think that they won all those quality titles together and neither finished the year as #1 :facepalm:

The Witch-king
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM

Reaching :lol: :o

Matt01
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM

:bs:

KBlade
Jul 16th, 2011, 12:05 PM

This post is a joke right? :lol:

Venus could hardly walk and retired a 1-0 against Petkovic after struggling through injury that many players would have retired from in the previous round. Please explain to me how this is embarassing. In my opinion, it's valiant.

And secondly, as a Venus fan, I can safely say that Venus has been embarassing herself with losses to Pironkova since 2006, so this isn't brand new information sorry. She then went on to win Wimbledon 2007 and 2008. So, losses to Pironkova aren't even an indication that Venus should retire.

If anyone here is embarassing themselves, It's not Venus, it's you.

VishaalMaria
Jul 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM
This post is a joke right? :lol:

Venus could hardly walk and retired a 1-0 against Petkovic after struggling through injury that many players would have retired from in the previous round. Please explain to me how this is embarassing. In my opinion, it's valiant.

And secondly, as a Venus fan, I can safely say that Venus has been embarassing herself with losses to Pironkova since 2006, so this isn't brand new information sorry. She then went on to win Wimbledon 2007 and 2008. So, losses to Pironkova aren't even an indication that Venus should retire.

If anyone here is embarassing themselves, It's not Venus, it's you.

There was no need to give such a serious reply to Smitten. She's just trying to get a reaction with one of her million accounts.

KBlade
Jul 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
There was no need to give such a serious reply to Smitten. She's just trying to get a reaction with one of her million accounts.

I'll make a mental note of this for the future :lol: Thanks.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 16th, 2011, 03:09 PM
martina destroy her!!!

englando08
Jul 16th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hmmm well Hingis will actually be trying because she wants to get in shape for the 2012 olympics. Idk about Serena though.

Sammo
Jul 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM
When are they actually playing?

sweetpeas
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:01 PM

So right,but some of us get sick of these donkey!Look at the last 10yrs worth of slams.

Sammo
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
When are they actually playing?

Hey Sammo she will be playing the 19 and 20 of July!

Sammo
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Hey Sammo she will be playing the 19 and 20 of July!

Thanks Sammo!

Sammo
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Sammo!

You're welcome! Love you!

Sammo
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM
You're welcome! Love you!

Love you too!

Sammo
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Love you too!

Then make me yours...

Oh God... trolling is sooo fun

VishaalMaria
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:13 PM
How sad.

Sammo
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:19 PM
How sad.

The only sad thing is to be bitter and boring in such a forum :oh:

Novichok
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Sammo: such a mess. :bigcry:

VishaalMaria
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:28 PM
The only sad thing is to be bitter and boring in such a forum :oh:

:lol::lol: Ok!

Smitten
Jul 17th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Match will be streamed here: http://video.wtt.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26900

at 7 PM EST time.

dynamoRockstarr
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I want something competitive.

Smitten
Jul 20th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Catch Legend Hingis here: http://video.wtt.com/

paul_masterton
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Williams won 5-3 last night.

I thought Martina stood a chance indoors, and the match was pretty competitive. Tonight is outdoors, and I think Serena will win a little easier.

Sportimes struggling to hang onto a play-off spot, they lost the match 21-20 last night on a winner takes all point at 6-6 in the supertiebreak of men's doubles.

Interestingly, the last match between Washington and NY was also won on a winner takes all point in the men's doubles super tiebreaker!

They need to win tonight, or rely on Boston losing to Sacremento, so will be even more fired up, but Serena is just way too good.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
ouch =(

SerenaClijsters
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:24 AM
So there will be another outdoors match?

Not sure why some people are taking this way too seriously just because it involves both Serena and Hingis....it's WTT ffs. Thread gets flooded with trolls, as usual.

Vlover
Jul 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Do you really think that Martina would be as competitive against Oudin as she would against Serena? :tape:

martina destroy her!!!

Catch Legend Hingis here:

Williams won 5-3 last night.
:haha: What are the excuses from the Venus envy crowd above who invested so much into this hit and giggle exercise?:lol: :hah:I thought Hingis was at least "legendary" at these exhibitions, anyway carry on with your fantasies!

XSTopspin
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Doh!!

Serenita
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Just to give some of you life.

http://www.timesunion.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1126348&width=628&height=471

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
As our friends from the Lesbian Forums (the ones who link Sharapova and Camilla Belle together) would say: OMG!! A pic of them together!! I think that they're in a relationship but don't wanna tell the world!

Just to give some of you life.

http://www.timesunion.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1126348&width=628&height=471

So why are they together?

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
:haha: What are the excuses from the Venus envy crowd above who invested so much into this hit and giggle exercise?:lol: :hah:I thought Hingis was at least "legendary" at these exhibitions, anyway carry on with your fantasies!

Most of those are Hingis fans who don't care about Venus :tape:

Misty
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
is there any chance of a stream?

alfonsojose
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
As our friends from the Lesbian Forums (the ones who link Sharapova and Camilla Belle together) would say: OMG!! A pic of them together!! I think that they're in a relationship but don't wanna tell the world!

So why are they together?

Yes. Odd picure. Why are they together if they were in different teams.

paul_masterton
Jul 20th, 2011, 04:20 PM
in WTT you practice with your doubles team mate :)

fouc
Jul 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
so when is the 2nd match?

PLP
Jul 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM
so when is the 2nd match?

Tonight!!

BTW, Good showing from Hingis last night against Serena.
:worship:

Smitten
Jul 20th, 2011, 06:09 PM
The real match is tonight girls.

Break My Rapture
Jul 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Can't wait. I hope the WTT streaming is decent.

Misty
Jul 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Can't wait. I hope the WTT streaming is decent.

This. Could you, please, post a link for a stream one could view in Russia?:worship:

fouc
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Tonight!!

BTW, Good showing from Hingis last night against Serena.
:worship:

when is night for you? :)

Sombrerero loco
Jul 20th, 2011, 09:39 PM
fouc, for us i think its very early in the morning :lol:

fouc
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:01 PM
^^
isn't 7 PM EST like now?

nufflemutts
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Yes.

http://video.wtt.com

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:06 PM
http://video.wtt.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26900

fouc
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:06 PM
what's the oop? serena-martina is 2nd?

paul_masterton
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:08 PM
For those who havent watched before, it's a bit amateurish but the stream is very good.

Smitten
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Get in girls. The Legend is here.

Nicolás89
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Wait, it's singles or doubles?

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM
"I saw some recent pitures of her on the beach and she looked...very fit."

Sammo
Mixed Doubles now --> Hingis/Parrott vs Williams/Paes

Sammo
"I saw some recent pitures of her on the beach and she looked...very fit."

englando08
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Slay her Serena!!

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Martina looks so beautiful :hearts:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Point penalty for the Sportimes :(

englando08
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Why was there a point penalty?

Break My Rapture
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Did I miss Hingis vs Williamsova or are they starting the tie with mixed dubs?

Great stream btw.

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:22 PM
:sobbing: Parrott is useless :sobbing:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:25 PM
:facepalm:

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:25 PM
:sobbing: Parrott is useless :sobbing:

Well, in some ways. :drool:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:27 PM

¬¬

tenn_ace
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Parrot is such a fucking loser. How did he get to WTT with his level?

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM
What the hell kind of lob was that?

KoOlMaNsEaN

really anyone who has had a pro ranking can play WTT :p

alfonsojose

:devil: Exactly. Tied in my bed would be helpful

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Serena is returning so well

tenn_ace
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Serena attacking his first serve :haha:

alfonsojose
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Martina is a bit slower at the net :p

CrossCourt~Rally

Um, he was a to top 100 ranked doubles player for many years ( peak rank #25 ) until he had a serious injury last year. He's also a grand slam mixed doubles champ :cool:

Sammo
:devil: Exactly. Tied in my bed would be helpful

You guys are starting to scare me...

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:35 PM
You guys are starting to scare me...

I never suggested holding him captive. Unless he wants it. :sobbing:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Where's McEnroe when you need him?!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Awesome stream quality :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:37 PM

:happy:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Bahaha it was IN!

tenn_ace
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Carrot = total embarassement

Sammo
And are any of you guys necrophile? Because I'm going to kill Travis Parrott.

alfonsojose
Serena attacking his first serve :haha:

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Carrot = total embarassement

Carrot :spit:

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:39 PM
And are any of you guys necrophile? Because I'm going to kill Travis Parrott.

:haha:

Break My Rapture
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Women's singles next.

young_gunner913
Martina is a bit slower at the net :p

She's old and slow, what do you expect?

paul_masterton
Last night indoors was Sportimes chance, they are going to get slaughtered tonight.

Smitten
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Parrott was so irrelvant in doubles. She might as well partnered with Rezai or someone.

alfonsojose
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:41 PM

Parrots are supossed to be caged :angel:

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Cute little girl interviewing Martina. :awww:

Dav.
"Testing 123, Testing 123. Test. Test. Test. Yes. Yes."

tenn_ace
Really male partners decided the outcome. some nobody loser vs. Paes= result humiliation

Smitten
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Women Singles is next. Let's go Legend Hingis.

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Really male partners decided the outcome. some nobody loser vs. Paes= result humiliation

They actually won yesterday :lol:

le bon vivant
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:44 PM
This is all Hingis fans have, so I wont ridicule. Good match ladies :lol:

tenn_ace
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:46 PM
They actually won yesterday :lol:

well I guess then Parrott is having his period today

Dav.
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Oh Murphy...

Novichok
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:47 PM
"Pushed her out of the game." :bigcry:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Oh Murphy...

What did he say? 'He's gonna smoke her'? :confused: :lol:

alfonsojose
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Go Legend. Smack the pretender ;)

Dav.
What did he say? 'He's gonna smoke her'? :confused: :lol:

"Serena's gonna smoke Martina." :lol:

Nicolás89
This is all Hingis fans have, so I wont ridicule. Good match ladies :lol:

You really had to make an statement though? :lol:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Serena is playing horrible :lol: Martina's flawless as usual with no unforced errors

alfonsojose
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Martina broke :yeah: Now, Serena is oging to eat her 2nd serve :p

Nicolás89
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Serena barely caring. :sobbing:

Sammo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I'm feeling embarrassed for Serena and I don't even like her

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM
2 zip for Hingis

tennisbear7
How is Hingis' forehand a mess? It's still solid. :spit: at Rena not even caring. :haha:

Novichok
Could Serena care any less? :hysteric:

Chip.
Nice errorfest, Ree :o :oh:

Dav.
Serena. :unsure:

tennisbear7
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:55 PM
OMG @ that drive volley by Rena. :haha:

goldenlox
Its a low level match. Hingis might win this, but she isnt ready for the tour.

Nicolás89
Serena forgot how to play tennis. :hug:

Sammo
:facepalm:

starin
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:56 PM
:hearts: Serena is so amazing right now

#1SteffiGraf#1
I would rather watch a WTA legends tour with Hingis, Steffi, Pierce, Monica, Capriati and Lena D, than the current tour...

alfonsojose
The chair umpire is way old :eek:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Serena isn't even trying

tennisbear7
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Its a low level match. Hingis might win this, but she isnt ready for the tour.

Hingis' talent is matched by very few on the tour. It's not a question of whether she's ready, but if she wants to be ready.

Sammo
:lol: Can't believe I'm gonna say this but the tour is much better than this :facepalm:

goldenlox
I would rather watch a WTA legends tour with Hingis, Steffi, Pierce, Monica, Capriati and Lena D, than the current tour...No, this sucks :lol:
Murphy should let :hearts:Arina play

Chip.

tennisfan5
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:58 PM
martina forgot how to flatten out a forehand

alfonsojose
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Martina looping the forehand everytime she can :help:

tennisbear7
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Omg :haha: Sarin...

Lachy
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM
Martina is owning Sarin atm.

Sammo
Holy crap what a 2nd serve!

le bon vivant
You really had to make an statement though? :lol:I said I wouldnt ridicule, I didnt say I wouldnt throw shade :lol:

alfonsojose
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:01 AM
Serena isn't even trying

Absolutely. Boring

englando08
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:01 AM
Tankrena.

starin
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:02 AM
Most of the players on WTT put about the same effort as Serena that's why I don't really understand the point of WTT. :shrug:

paul_masterton
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:03 AM
I can still see a non-caring Serena winning this

tenn_ace
will they kiss each other at the net?

madmax
Hingis is still a delight to watch on court:bowdown:
Even when she makes more errors than usual

Sammo
So the good match was played yesterday and it wasn't on TV :facepalm:

hdfb
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:04 AM
Serena is caring now

Sammo
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:04 AM
LMAO at Leander Paes caring :lol:

tennisbear7
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:05 AM
So. Freaking. Dead. @ Paes cheering Sarin on and Sarin not even caring. :haha:

Smitten
I said I wouldnt ridicule, I didnt say I wouldnt throw shade :lol:

Don't try to do too much.

Sammo
Serena is caring now

If you say so...

KoOlMaNsEaN
4-1 martina.
Serena making a bucket full of errors

doomsday
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:06 AM
Serena seems bored:lol:

tennisbear7
Please someone make a GIF of Serena raising her hand and flicking it after hitting the bottom of the net with that backhand. Please!

Sammo
At least she's caring enough to throw her racket :lol:

Craig.
Why do people keep saying Serena doesn't seem to care? :confused:

Headshakes & eyerolls galore. She's just sucking right now.

Sammo
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:07 AM
Thank God...

Sammo
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:08 AM
Yep Serena is caring now

alfonsojose
Serena cares :devil:

le bon vivant
Most of the players on WTT put about the same effort as Serena that's why I don't really understand the point of WTT. :shrug:So that fans can see and interact with the players in a fun atmosphere. Its not meant to be taken seriously. Its fun :lol:

hdfb
Jul 21st, 2011, 12:09 AM
What a BH from Sarin

tennisbear7
Match/break point and they produce the best point of the match, figures. :haha:

Sammo
A GOOD POINT!!! :woohoo: Even if Martina lost the game...

le bon vivant
Serena is a fucking mess :haha:

starin
will they kiss each other at the net?

with tongue i think

Tweety Snape
Shit I completely forgot about this! Thank god they're not finished :lol: