PDA

View Full Version : Palermo R2 Mathilde wants to choke more than Flavia wants to tank: FP wins 46 75 75

Jane Lane
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

I can't.

Mathilde doesn't want Flavia to go to Gisela's wedding. :haha: Or maybe it's a Gisela/Dementieva giant double wedding bash the whole WTA is going to. :lol:

I feel bad for Mathilde. Her ball striking off the ground is :drool: but the rest :tape:

Adrian.
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:32 PM
:rolls:

You should change the title, because you could think that Mathilde won :rolls::hysteric:

Mathilde :facepalm::hysteric:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:33 PM
funniest shit eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer :happy:

How the hell Flavia won this :weirdo:

Mathilde was up 6-4 *5-3 30/15 but then started to DF and hitting everything out :spit:
*5-3 in final set too :o

hope Pironkova finish the job in QF :hearts:

TheHangover
poor mathilde, she wanted to kill some ballboys while she was leaving the court

T_P
For fuck's sake Mathilde. I can't believe you did it again :o

Mynarco
Saint Mathilde wants Flavia to concentrate on her tennis rather than having sex with guests in Gisela's Wedding

what a well-meaning person.

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Even when Flavia was 0-3 and 3-5 down in both sets I was 100% sure she is going to win this match. Johansson is simply moving the limits of womenīs choking to another dimension, itīs unreal...serving for the match - DF, DF, DF...not for the first time...she would be able to choke successfuly against tanking Brie Whitehead. In the third set she was fighting actually but for nothing, Flavia stay errorless when it matters most...looks like itīs simply Mathildeīs destiny...and she has a talent.

And what a contrast with Bad Gastein where just one seed won R1...here all 8 seeds still lives.

Libertango
The title's a bit confusing...

Adrian.
funniest shit eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer :happy:

How the hell Flavia won this :weirdo:

Mathilde was up 6-4 *5-3 30/15 but then started to DF and hitting everything out :spit:
*5-3 in final set too :o

hope Pironkova finish the job in QF :hearts:

OMG :hysteric::facepalm:

Like Domachowska this year in Prague against Rybarikova :haha::facepalm:

Choking at it's best :haha::woohoo:

Curcubeu
Incredibly dumb play from Mathilde without any tactics, nerves or a game plan on the decisive stages of the match...

DFed everytime she could just to let Flavia back into the match... :o

Pironkova has really a shot for the semis here! :spit:

Adrian.
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Even when Flavia was 0-3 and 3-5 down in both sets I was 100% sure she is going to win this match. Johansson is simply moving the limits of womenīs choking to another dimension, itīs unreal...serving for the match - DF, DF, DF...not for the first time...she would be able to choke successfuly against tanking Brie Whitehead. In the third set she was fighting actually but for nothing, Flavia stay errorless when it matters most...looks like itīs simply Mathildeīs destiny...and she has a talent.

And what a contrast with Bad Gastein where just one seed won R1...here all 8 seeds still lives.

:haha::haha::oh::haha::haha:

Jane Lane
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:36 PM
The title's a bit confusing...

I fixed it. :)

eDonkey
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
at the thread title and some posts after :haha::haha::haha:

This was so bad, they are both useless. Maybe they was a competition between them bridesmaids - whoever can leave the tournemnt sooner becomes a bridesmaid? :help:

tejmeglekvár
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM
she was pretty angry leaving the court. :oh:
Flavi... :tape: was facing BP in 3rd set left and right, don't know how she won. :lol:
only the WTA :worship: :haha:

Sombrerero loco
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:40 PM
at least flavia won :facepalm:

danieln1
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:41 PM
:facepalm:

Didnt know Gisela was getting married!

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I still remember when she wasted 8 MPs against Diatchenko in French Open...4 with DF I believe..she was crying very much then, Iīm not surprised she was angry today too...thatīs just too much for one person choking that hard...and itīs really choking, she simply isnīt able to close it out

FORZA SARITA
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I still remember when she wasted 8 MPs against Diatchenko in French Open...4 with DF I believe..she was crying very much then, Iīm not surprised she was angry today too...thatīs just too much for one person choking that hard...and itīs really choking, she simply isnīt able to close it out

the list is waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer :lol:

GABRIEL
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I was actually surprised by how well Mathilde plays, last time I saw her she was just a regular around top 100 player, but she is now quite agressive from both sides....pity she is a mess mentally! if she manages to improve on that side she can surely have a change in her career...Flavia on the other side is just a mess....only glimps of what she used to be....her serve is the worst ever....and she just stays at the back returning balls, no tactics, not attacks.....no power...not sure what is happening there....but she needs to step it up or Pironkova will kill her

LCS
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
OMG :sobbing:

And bitch much from Dulko to try and steal Elena's momento :fiery:

Jane Lane
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:45 PM
OMG :sobbing:

And bitch much from Dulko to try and steal Elena's momento :fiery:

Gisela's wedding was announced first at the AO IIRC. :) I only heard about Dementieva's yesterday. They both deserve it though.

Djezonfly
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Mathilde :facepalm: Aravane could have won that.

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:47 PM
the list is waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer :lol:

I know but that was the most remarkable stuff she made. Few days ago after she won against Rezai when someone posted that Mathilde is a fighter I replied that she is way more known for losing matches when she is in a comfortable lead than for fighting...and this match is just another prove of that.

Madoka
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:49 PM
flavia, where are you ??

please come back in time for the american summer.

.Andrew.
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Lol @ this match. :facepalm:

Overall, I felt Mathilde was the better player and she really does have some talent on her hands. It's sad that she just couldn't play well when it mattered. As another poster said, even when she was on the cusp of winning, I never got the sense that she was ever in control. Mathilde's had a number of matches like this in her career, one that stays close to mind was her epic choke against Kuznetsova @ Wimbledon. :lol:

I didn't get the sense that Flavia was trying to tank, I just think she didn't play very well today. It's been a long way back for her. Just a shadow of the player I saw play Kvitova in Australia. She just didn't seem patient enough or as willing to construct points today. She did fight well though, luckily she was playing someone as mentally weak as Mathilde.

Anyways, her QF match against TsvetiGOAT should bring more laughs. :facepalm:

.Andrew.
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:58 PM

How could I forget about that Diatchenko match :facepalm: :lol:

edificio
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:25 AM
This match was totally on Mathilde's racket and, unfortunately, it was messed up in her head. So sad to see someone with a pretty good game (she was playing better than Flavia today) who can't keep it together at crunch time. But Flavia is known for keeping steady against such opponents.

Oh, Mathilde :sad:

RobinT83
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Expected result.
Mughansson is a mug ballbasher/choker with a poor mentality.
She will never be in the top 50 certainly.
It's a good thing because she's an embarrassment for tennis; even for the sport.
She should retire after this match to save tennis aswell.

Vamos Feńa
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Hilarious! :lol::lol:
I've no idea how Flavia won this :hysteric:

Mathilde lead 64 53 then she decided to hit 3dfs. Then she lead 30 and 53 and served for the match, but she didn't let Sucketta lose it. Oh and Mathilde was 2/12 on bp in 3rd set while Flavia 3/4 :devil:

duhcity
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Flavia winning singles matches :hearts:

Vamos Feńa
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:17 AM
good to know there was a thread bout it ;)

Dado90
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I'm so happy I didn't see it last night :oh: :lol:

Sander.
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Mathilde :hug:

Flavia :yeah: :lol:

Effy
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
i have no words for this.