PDA

View Full Version : Bad Gastein 2R: [8] Ksenia Pervak def. [Q] Nastja Kolar 4-6 7-6 6-2 Saving 6 MPs!

HuHu
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:19 PM
phew Ksyusha ;) :yeah:
just got back and missed it all :(

igralec33
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Such a shame Nastja. :o But she has game, she likes to throw racquets, she likes to miss smash on MP. :p Good match after all, would just prefer different winner. Anyway, Nastja is just 16. She will have huge carrer in my opinion. After all, she allready have one of the best BH of Slovene players. ;)

JeLeNaJfAn
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Well Done Ksenia- great fight. Nastja Kolar is such a psych.

Good Luck next round!

Corswandt
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM
After all, she allready have one of the best BH of Slovene players. ;)

Post of the week.

Adrian.
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:23 PM
The last 4 games were :help: :p

LenaDMania0003
Not a high quality match, but great fight from both.
Ksenia's running counter cross-court @2nd set tiebreak 6*-7 was simply great.
At this point, I thought this match was over (with Nastja's DTL).

bbjpa
Choking :facepalm:

5-2 lead for Kolar in second set and 6 MPs :tape:

delicatecutter
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I swear Pervak has modelled her game after Wozniacki's. She's horrible. :o I loved the fistpump after Kolar got a point penalty.

Nastja has a very bright future. :hearts:

Juanes
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM
hahahahaha..... what a match ..... Kolar and her wasting of matchpoints.... what a performance :lol:

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
This was epic and heartbreaking. Shows that tennis is unfair:o But once again, if you can´t take the chances, you can´t win...6 MPs and missed smash at one of them...that will hurt and she is very hot tempered...As for her behaviour 16 is just 16 :shrug: I remember myself playing tennis at 15-16 and I was a spoiled brat too and I even didn´t play pro:lol: That would be simply too much for most of us at her place...Fighting for first WTA QF and wasted 6 MPs:hug: As for her tennis she is super talented:eek: It must be a long time when I saw 16 years old girl with such hitting. Her style is :drool: when she is playing her tennis (until 6-4, 5-3 in this match). Reminds me a bit of Oprandi actually with a bit lazy looking footwork and shotmaking and with a very talented hands, just she is not dropshoting that much, but when she went for it she is able to hit some cool dropshots too:cool: I hope she will lean from this match, she is definitely the one I´m looking forward, can´t wait for her another streamed match:D

Effy
yay Ksenia :woohoo:

T_P
Well done Ksenia! Love her attitude on court. She hit an amazing running backhand to save one of the MP's :worship:
Kolar is extremely talented but a big headcase :lol: She kinda reminds me of Schnyder...

Topspin2
great psychomatch :D

Matej
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Pervak is embarrassingly mediocre player. How on earth did she get to the 4th in Wimbledon with such a shitty serve and not very good ground strokes???

Noctis
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
that missed overhead at MP. Another mentally weird girl.

Singleniacki
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Pervak is actually kinda a bad player :speakles:

delicatecutter
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Pervak is embarrassingly mediocre player. How on earth did she get to the 4th in Wimbledon with such a shitty serve and not very good ground strokes???

Very fortunate draw. She's another opportunist because she is not having results because of her talent.

Matej
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:31 PM
As for her tennis she is super talented:eek: It must be a long time when I saw 16 years old girl with such hitting. Her style is :drool: when she is playing her tennis (until 6-4, 5-3 in this match).

Barty is 15 years old and hits the ball much better than Kolar. The same goes i.e. for Indy De Vroome, Madison Keys, Christa Hardebeck and many others (and younger) players. And Kolar is actually almost 17 years old (in just two days).

Poetik
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
loooooooool, 6 match points, Nastja, whyyyyyy?:(

FORZA SARITA
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Pervak is such a bad player :lol:

Skoo
Ugly win from Pervak. That little Nastja hits some nice winners and she's such a bad ass :devil: I hope we'll see more from her.

GoofyDuck
I really like Kolar , great when she threw her raquet in the stands :haha:

I really didn't like Pervak.. terrible grunt :p

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Barty is 15 years old and hits the ball much better than Kolar. The same goes i.e. for Indy De Vroome, Madison Keys, Christa Hardebeck and many others (and younger) players. And Kolar is actually almost 17 years old (in just two days).

Ooh...I didn´t say good hitting, I say such hitting, surely you can find many girls at her age with a great hitting, but Kolar´s game is simply unique, I can agree that a bit of Schnyder too how many posters already said, with this behaviour she is more Schnyder than Oprandi actually :lol: But both of them (Patty and Romina) are extremely talented and unique too, hopefully Nastja will join them and will take Patty´s place after she retired:devil:

Corswandt
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:48 PM

She doesn't miss much, and rallies well. That's typically more useful than being able to hit cute dropshots. You must remember that 3 out of the WTA's current top 4 can do nothing else but rally.

Jane Lane
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Nastja :sobbing: Hope this doesn't set her back. :hug:

Matej
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM
She doesn't miss much, and rallies well. That's typically more useful than being able to hit cute dropshots. You must remember that 3 out of the WTA's current top 4 can do nothing else but rally.

In fact, she does miss a lot, in particular from her backhand. I still remember her match against Brianti in Fes and Patricia Mayr-something (from Austria) in Zlín (she lost 1:6, 0:6).

madmax
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:03 PM

:lol:
Truer words have never been spoken...Pervak has nothing to worry about since 90% of the tour consists of mental headcases and chokers anyway. Who needs weapons when your opponent is gonna hit out eventually?

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:08 PM
In fact, she does miss a lot, in particular from her backhand. I still remember her match against Brianti in Fes and Patricia Mayr-something (from Austria) in Zlín (she lost 1:6, 0:6).

That was obviously a bad day for her. Virtually everyone has bad days once in a while and on a bad day, everyone misses a lot.

But on a normal day, I got to agree with Corswandt's assessment of her. She's not a particularly exciting player but she does the fundamentals well, and generally keeps the ball in play and that wins matches, sadly as Corswandt again points out much more than cute stuff like dropshots (which of course I personally much prefer. :lol:).

nevetssllim
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Pervak does seem to be one of the more mentally tough Russians and she seems to keep a cool head, which is more than can be said for some of her compatriots!

She reminds me a little bit of Cibulkova-lite player, before she completely restyled her game, of course.

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
You don´t need a serve actually to make a good run on grass...might be a fluke but Pervak´s shots looks flat, and flat shots + grass isn´t the worst combination...Tanasugarn is the same, flat shots and serve not a huge weapon, and she was still very successful there.

And I agree with nevetssllim that she looks to be a mentally tough, on those MPs she stayed calm and errorless, I was very surprised by her at those points.

Slutiana
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM
That was obviously a bad day for her. Virtually everyone has bad days once in a while and on a bad day, everyone misses a lot.

But on a normal day, I got to agree with Corswandt's assessment of her. She's not a particularly exciting player but she does the fundamentals well, and generally keeps the ball in play and that wins matches, sadly as Corswandt again points out much more than cute stuff like dropshots (which of course I personally much prefer. :lol:).

I remember the days when you and Cors were at war with each other. What happened?

Mistress of Evil
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ksenia, a win is a win :D
that girl Kolar is beyond repulsive :o a spoiled brat with a diva attitude :help:

Andreas
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM
that girl Kolar is beyond repulsive :o a spoiled brat with a diva attitude :help:

Pervak isn't any better :lol: Nastja is 16 and this was the first time she qualified for a WTA MD. On top of that she wasted 6 match points. What's Pervak's excuse? I mean, get real :help: Did you notice that over-the-top fistpump when Nastja got a point penalty? Or the random screams in the middle of rallies? Or the complaining about ballkids distracting her? :tape:

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM

You forgot to add like 90% of all teenagers:shrug:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM

i find more disgusting a player fistpump on a penalty point :lol:

Matej
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM

She seems to have had quite a few bad days this year already: :devil: :lol:

2 x against Brianti

Petrova at AO (2:6,1:6)

Dulko in Monterrey (1:6,0:6)

Medina-Garrigues in Miami (1:6, 2:6)

Pivovarova (!!!) in CAGNES-SUR-MER (2:6, 3:6)

Parmentier at RG

Mayr-Achleitner in Zlín (1:6, 0:6).

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM

I remember the days when you and Cors were at war with each other. What happened?

Mostly I think we just understand and respect where we are both coming from better. I also think we have both made subtle adjustments to our posts over the years as well, as we have taken on board comments from each other.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM
She seems to have had quite a few bad days this year already: :devil: :lol:

2 x against Brianti

Petrova at AO (2:6,1:6)

Dulko in Monterrey (1:6,0:6)

Medina-Garrigues in Miami (1:6, 2:6)

Pivovarova (!!!) in CAGNES-SUR-MER (2:6, 3:6)

Parmentier at RG

Mayr-Achleitner in Zlín (1:6, 0:6).

Indeed. :lol:

Still she has also clearly had a enough good days at the right time, and yes her draws might have helped a bit, to get her comfortably in the top 75 with good chance of reaching the top 50 in the reasonably near future.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Pervak isn't any better :lol: Nastja is 16 and this was the first time she qualified for a WTA MD. On top of that she wasted 6 match points. What's Pervak's excuse? I mean, get real :help: Did you notice that over-the-top fistpump when Nastja got a point penalty? Or the random screams in the middle of rallies? Or the complaining about ballkids distracting her? :tape:

I am not telling Ksenia is an example of classiness :shrug: and since I kinda like her, I might have overlooked some things on her side :angel: still that Kolar girl totally overdid it in every department - rackets, cursing, complaints, bitch stares :o she is almost 17 if I recall right, and age ain't an excuse :lol: yeah, maybe she will try to behave better as time passes but I doubt she will ever grow of this attitude, Azarenka didn't :rolleyes:

i find more disgusting a player fistpump on a penalty point :lol:

nah, that was just a glimpse of hardcore bitchness :hearts:

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I am not telling Ksenia is an example of classiness :shrug: and since I kinda like her, I might have overlooked some things on her side :angel: still that Kolar girl totally overdid it in every department - rackets, cursing, complaints, bitch stares :o she is almost 17 if I recall right, and age ain't an excuse :lol: yeah, maybe she will try to behave better as time passes but I doubt she will ever grow of this attitude, Azarenka didn't :rolleyes:

nah, that was just a glimpse of hardcore bitchness :hearts:
1. Azarenka did.
2. Why does Pervak, who basically does nothing but wait for opponent's errors while staying error-free, get mad about anything when she is completely reliant on her opponent? I can understand someone getting angry because he/she makes a lot of errors while going for it (even though it's not approved either) but not when you're completely relying on your opponent to win or lose a match. That's bratty attitude too and her own game, basically, doesn't provide reasons for acting like that.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I swear Pervak has modelled her game after Wozniacki's. She's horrible. :o I loved the fistpump after Kolar got a point penalty.

Nastja has a very bright future. :hearts:
Horrible because she modeled her game on Wozniacki's? That's nonsense. It's a smart idea to model your game on Wozniacki. Look where she is. Of course, no one will do grinding/tactical consistency as good as Wozniacki does. That said, Pervak does it nowhere near as good as Wozniacki, therefore she is just a typical wannabe scrub.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:04 PM
1. Azarenka did.
2. Why does Pervak, who basically does nothing but wait for opponent's errors while staying error-free, get mad about anything when she is completely reliant on her opponent? I can understand someone getting angry because he/she makes a lot of errors while going for it (even though it's not approved either) but not when you're completely relying on your opponent to win or lose a match. That's bratty attitude too and her own game, basically, doesn't provide reasons for acting like that.

1. I am not gonna go there since it will be pointless.
2. so in other words, what you are saying is that players who are pushers and have plain/insignificant gamestyle are not allowed to express frustration or any kind of an emotion since they are "just there" not having any part in the encounter while for the aggressor, the active player it is completely understandable to throw a diva attitude, disrespect everyone and do whatever she wants just because her game is "attractive" and the match results depends on her :spit:

Sammo
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Chokers... chokers everywhere :lol:

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Everybody can show any kind of emotions whatever he plays, and it never would be bad... until he won´t start to kill judges, opponent or crowd or sth like that...not everyone has a calm personality and can behave in that way...I much more prefer players who actually can show also negative emotions on court, because also negative emotion is still a good sign at some point...it´s a prove that a player cares, is not happy with the way the match is going and that he wants to win...much better than seeing a player who looks like he doesn´t care that he is losing. And throwing racquets, screaming and so can be actually helpful also for yourself, you might get those emotions out of you...also much better than playing with nerves in your hand and spraying errors all over the court but trying to be calm just because you want to look like saint.

longtin23
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Just Impressive... Nice fought ??

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
1. I am not gonna go there since it will be pointless.
2. so in other words, what you are saying is that players who are pushers and have plain/insignificant gamestyle are not allowed to express frustration or any kind of an emotion since they are "just there" not having any part in the encounter while for the aggressor, the active player it is completely understandable to throw a diva attitude, disrespect everyone and do whatever she wants just because her game is "attractive" and the match results depends on her :spit:
I didn't say it wasn't allowed, I just don't understand it. It's just a matter of personality of that particular player then.

Oh and way to rip everything out of context and blow it up.

Julian.
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Well done Ksenia! :hearts:

Sombrerero loco
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
cornet should have defeated her yesterday T_T

jrm
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:09 PM
shame, 40 points gone begging and possibly qualie entry for UO

C. Drone
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM
This was fun until Kolar blew 6MP. :lol: Looking forward to see her more. She can remind me of Patty, not mainly because of her game, but her gestures and attitude.
I was worried a bit though, she could have decapitated a ballboy with those flying racquets. :scared:

Fantasy Hero
Jul 13th, 2011, 05:06 PM
from what i've heard Kolar deserved it more, but i'm happy Ksenia got through

saul1333
Jul 13th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Good stuff :yeah:

LCS
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
:facepalm: starting early with choking routines