PDA

View Full Version : Which Grand Slam do you look forward to the most?

Maria rocks
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:39 AM
For me definately Wimbledon i get soooo excited for it then its really sad when its all over for another year. How about everyone else?

2nd would be US Open as its something to look forward to when Wimbledon is over

3rd French as it means Wimbledon is just around the corner.

4th. Australian. First Grand slam after we have been starved of tennis for a month.

nevetssllim
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Marbella Slam.

18majors
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM
The next one, US Open 2011.

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Aus I guess, since the off-season KILLS me.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Whichever one happens to be next - so all of them equally.

Empressive
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Melbourne, just because of the atmosphere and it's the first slam after the offseason.
Then US, then Wimbledon, then the French.

KBlade
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Probably for me in order

1) Australian Open
2) Wimbledon
3) US Open
4) La French Open.

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
US Open.

Steven.
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Probably for me in order

1) Australian Open
2) Wimbledon
3) US Open
4) La French Open.

well said. :) Although Wimbledon and Australian Open is interchangeable for me.

Miss Amor
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Wimbledon
Australian Open

US Open

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
USO, even though they've both been crap the last couple of years.

Linguae^
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Aussie.
And the one that's coming. :D :D

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
All.:shrug:

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM
French Open. Its by far the most wide open.
No one knows who the contenders are since Henin retired.
Nobody was talking Fran last year when the draw came out or Li this year
Close match in week 1 could mean everything, it could mean who wins the title.
It doesnt revolve around a big serve. You have to play points

The Reff
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:27 PM
the next one - no matter the date.

Mynarco
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Marbella and Baku.

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I always get excited on the eve of the AO and RG, but not particularly for Wimbers and the USO.

pwayne
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Wimbledon - Favorite tournament
French - Caps off my favorite part of the season
Australian - See what players have incorporated into their games
United States - Too much money driven by USTA (Just look at the final ceremonies)

StoneRose
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
US open because of convenient coverage, AO is deep in the night/early morning here. I often have to work while matches are going on at FO/Wimbledon. Wimbledon has the restday on Sunday which is beyond stupid imo.

Balltossovic
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Well, Wimbly my fave slam, but the one I get most excited for? The USO... WHY? Because I get to go:lol:

I get excited for RG because of all the AWESOME rallys. AO is the one I get to watch live because of the time difference.
So, I really look forward to all of them, but the USO the most.

nevetssllim
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I look forward to Wimbledon and the AO the most. I love Wimbledon because it's the only Slam I've attended and we have wonderful coverage in the UK, plus the AO marks the start of the season. While it's somewhat simplistic, I also love the blue courts and the sunshine, especially when the UK is dark and wet all day long! Love the French Open too. US Open - meh.

Maria rocks
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:57 PM
US open because of convenient coverage, AO is deep in the night/early morning here. I often have to work while matches are going on at FO/Wimbledon. Wimbledon has the restday on Sunday which is beyond stupid imo.

Yeah US Open is great times. It literally starts when i get in from work at 4pm.For Wimbledon i take my annual leave the whole 2 weeks i wouldn't miss any of it for anybody!!!!! French i just watch as and when i can. Australia is a bit more difficult because of the time difference but i try and watch Masha and Andy Murray regardless of what time they are on.

Marionated
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM
1)US Open- love the courts, the atmosphere. Great coverage

2)Wimbledon- Again, great coverage and atmosphere. I wish they would speed the courts up though.

3)French Open-I enjoy the unpredictability these days.

4)Australian Open- The time difference is so annoying.

Sir Stefwhit
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
US Open by far!

then Oz- Oz more so because of the gap in play. I'm usually so anxious for the new season to get underway- and it's a bonus that it's my favorite players best slam!

valac222
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
French and Wimby , mostly because I can watch it in "normal timeframe"

bobito
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Wimbleson
Roland Garros
Aussie Open
US Open

Sammo
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
The US Open, it's the biggest, just look at how many lead up tournaments it has, and then the Australian Open, which is my favourite.

Mary Cherry.
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Aussie Open & Wimbledon equally.

doni1212
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Australia. There is something about it being the first slam of the year and being able to watch tennis starting at 7 p.m. and then watching night matches at 3 a.m.

shirley
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Wimbledon for me

Tezuka.
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Australian Open & US Open.

englando08
Jul 13th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Well I look forward to whichever one is next, so all of them equally. My favorite is different though. Favorite: Wimbledon, US Open, French, Australian. Although I love them all so much lol!

Maria rocks
Jul 13th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Well I look forward to whichever one is next, so all of them equally. My favorite is different though. Favorite: Wimbledon, US Open, French, Australian. Although I love them all so much lol!

347 days and 18 hours till Wimbledon.:lol: I wish it would hurry up and come round. Normal life is put on hold for two weeks and i get down to Wimbledon. I LOVE IT!!!

Dave.
Jul 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
plus the AO marks the start of the season. While it's somewhat simplistic, I also love the blue courts and the sunshine, especially when the UK is dark and wet all day long!

This. :sobbing: AO definitely the most given it's after the off season. We can spend all year complaining about the tour and whatever but as soon as the tennis stops you realise you miss it. Plus that whole month has many great tournaments that actually have crowds. Also interesting to see all the players and how they go about preparing for the AO.

I look forward to the French and Wimbledon equally since as soon as the French starts you know Wimbledon is soon. That 6 week period is the best part of the tennis year. :inlove: I also love the whole build up in the clay season after Feb/IW/Miami have become quite dull.

US Open not at all, especially since now more than ever it seems to mark the end of the season.

DefyingGravity
Jul 13th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Roland Garros.

The Kaz
Jul 13th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Australian Open >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wimby >>>>> Roland Garros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> US Open :o

The Kaz
Jul 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
This. :sobbing: AO definitely the most given it's after the off season. We can spend all year complaining about the tour and whatever but as soon as the tennis stops you realise you miss it. Plus that whole month has many great tournaments that actually have crowds. Also interesting to see all the players and how they go about preparing for the AO.

I look forward to the French and Wimbledon equally since as soon as the French starts you know Wimbledon is soon. That 6 week period is the best part of the tennis year. :inlove: I also love the whole build up in the clay season after Feb/IW/Miami have become quite dull.

US Open not at all, especially since now more than ever it seems to mark the end of the season.

Feb/IW/Miami is the most boring part of the whole calendar by far :o

NoppaNoppa
Jul 13th, 2011, 07:11 PM
For some reason Aussie has always been No:1 for me. French is for clayrats. Wimby is for grasseaters. USO is for big corporations.

So only players tournament is - da daaaa Australian Open!

Wert.
Jul 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I like US Open the most unfortunately only because of time zone :sobbing:

Gdsimmons
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Australia gets me the most hype. Everything about that slam is just amazing. US Open is a close second though

saul1333
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:22 PM
AO. I like staying up late.

Novichok
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Australian Open. I love it even though it messes with my sleeping schedule. The US Open is my second favorite.

lang26
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:20 AM
1. US Open

2. Wimbledon

3. French Open

4. Australian Open

Julian.
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Australian Open :shrug:

Solitaire
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Love all of them equally.

Jane Lane
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:04 AM
AO. It's the start of the year and everything is all fresh and new and stuff. And I love that it messes with my sleeping schedule.

But the USO is like in my backyard. :lol: So I love that too.

Graftard
Jul 14th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Wimbledon: where attacking tennis still pays off and moonballers are out before the second week :yeah:

DeliriousPotato
Jul 14th, 2011, 04:22 AM
This is too dificult, each Slam is so special in its own way. But I'll have to go with Roland Garros, it has the best build up, most unexpected outcome, delicious rallies, first Grand Slam I went to.
Second is the US Open, the matches under the flood lights, the intensity of the crowds, the "POW" sound the ball makes after bouncing.
Third is the Australian Open, seeing the sun hit those beautifully-colored courts after an endless off-season is the best feeling in the whole year. Unfortunately, it is the worst Slam for me in terms of schedule :sad:
Last is Wimbledon. I'm not particularly fond of grass and when I knew not of live streaming, it sucked because it's the only Slam that Eurosport doesn't cover here in Portugal... But I have to say, Wimbledon shook my world this year, it was the best in ages in terms of second and third round quality and provided me with a lot of gasps :)

cowsonice
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:12 AM
I look forward to Wimbledon the most simply because it's in the summer when I have no school. AO and FO fall during/near finals and SAT's, and USO is around when school starts.

Kəv.
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Ofc Aus Open. Its my home town :)

Maria rocks
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:30 AM
look forward to the French and Wimbledon equally since as soon as the French starts you know Wimbledon is soon. That 6 week period is the best part of the tennis year.

I agree with that:) Two Grand slams so close in time is fantastic. Its so refreshing when the Grass court season starts as well to see tennis how it should be played. LOVELY.

Maria rocks
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
AO by far, then Wimbledon.
Love RG and USO too

Yeah they are all special in their own way. Something Magical about Wimby though:)

it-girl
Jul 14th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Normally Wimbledon but the crap this year was a real turnoff.