PDA

View Full Version : Bad Gastein 1R: Laura Pous Tio [ESP] def. (1) Julia Goerges [GER] 6-1 2-6 6-1

The Kaz
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM
:happy:

Goerges was simply useless today :oh:

Jane Lane
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le63vpS1WH1qeowt7.gif

bavaria86
:eek:

Mynarco
Tank job

Curcubeu
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The facepalm emoticon has never been more appropriate... :o

The show bag is back. :lol:

But I don't think she took it that seriously... :shrug:

By the way, why did the stream coverage end for this match? :scratch:

madmax
LOL...
Julia obviously tanked this meaningless MM event or was simply injured...no other explanation really

SVK
Yesssss Laura:cheer:

TheBoiledEgg
Julia :o :tape:

ViennaCalling
:haha:

Pervak the only seed left :awww:

Blu€
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Laura :bigclap::bigclap: Vamos!
Julia :spit:

Wert.
Great win Laura :yeah:

The Kaz
Tank job

Sorry to rock your boat but Julia is not a good enough player to 'tank' MM tournaments.

I see that her fluke run has officially come to an end :drool:

SVK
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
:haha:

Pervak the only seed left :awww:

Halep too, she is playing tomorrow.

Javi.
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Laura :woohoo:
Now make a good use of the open draw :cheer:

Vikapower
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Seriously Julia instead of tanking the title like that it was maybe most intelligent to not present yourself and prepare for the US HC. :lol: :hug:

On to Stanford. :cheer:

Poetik
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:00 PM
lol2011, Julia go with my to jakuzzi, don't think about tennis

Le Tenisse
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
This is exactly the kind of point i was trying to make Domachokeska to know. This is women´s tennis today at its best.

Ayumilove
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
ok this is really bad and i'm really annoyed right now.
but my friend at the match said that julia sprayed a lot of balls wide, and looked really unconcerned and bored during the points and a couple times, didn't even sit down during the changeovers. it sounds like she could care less.

Sabinator.
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
:help:

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Just like Bogota and those others clay MMs in March. :lol: Not worried.

ViennaCalling
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Well, if she really tanked than she isn't very intelligent since she is the defending champ :tape:

danieln1
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM
:facepalm:

TheHangover
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM
overrated

Adrian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
OMG :facepalm:

Back to sucky modus? :unsure::o::facepalm:

Pump-it-UP
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
:haha::tape:

Wiggly
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
The girl has two nice tournaments and already think she's the next big thing.

Excelscior
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Well, if she really tanked than she isn't very intelligent since she is the defending champ :tape:

I was thinking the same thing at first. Why tank an event your the defending champ at? :worship: :confused: :eek:

Those three hundred plus points (or what ever it is), may be worth something down the line?

gmak
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Julia :o :facepalm:
nice tank job

get ready for US hard courts now

Javi.
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Laura is 2-0 in H2H :oh:

C.MARTINEZ
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Pous Tio :drool:

Libertango
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Oh dear.

C. Drone
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Who she is exactly to tank MMs? Such a dumb excuse. :o

valac222
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Strange result through the first round topping here. Is this WTA or Bad Gastein as last claycourt tourney or high altitude?

Larson gonna win finally.

18majors
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
America, here comes Julia.

SVK
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Actually when you have tournament in a high altitude there are always crazy results, just look at Bogota.

Libertango
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I hope JoLa can take it all now.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Goerges shown as a completely useless player again. Wasn't she supposed to be the next big thing? Lmao.

Kampi
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Surprising and disappointing result.:sad:

Specter
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Goerges shown as a completely useless player again. Wasn't she supposed to be the next big thing? Lmao.

Still good enough to beat up on your fave.

mk27
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Expected result

Julia doesn't really care about those MM tournaments anymore.

Gilas.
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Yulia :smash: what. was. that.

ViennaCalling
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Expected result

Julia doesn't really care about those MM tournaments anymore.

Yeah, what a great girl she is :rolleyes: :help:

If she tanks a MM tournament (the first she won) where she is defending champ then she is a little bit dumb :o

madmax
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:39 PM

:devil:
Owned

CillyUltra
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM
http://s1.postimage.org/rmnusw54/tennis_1.jpg

Bad Gastein, an enjoyable place...

But now it's time again for the serious part of season.

Rainmaker
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:46 PM
of the current top20 goerges alongside with zvonareva and stosur is the most likely to be replaced soon imo
having said that, i will never understand how radwanska made it this far. i like her game but does she ever win..?

no 1&2 seed out after R1 :tape:
whatta day for the wta

Temperenka
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Julia :help:

CillyUltra
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:51 PM
of the current top20 goerges alongside with zvonareva and stosur is the most likely to be replaced soon imo
having said that.

Julia played here bc of her nice memories from last year, it's a likable venue too. Nevertheless, for a Top 20 player this tourney means NOTHING.

Serenita
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:53 PM
:(

hurricanejeanne
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Here's hoping it was tank job.

Melange
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
What was wrong with Julia. Did she have some Bad Gas?

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:11 PM
On my fave's worst surface. Let's see her try and beat Wozniacki on hardcourt :wavey:

GoofyDuck
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Julia showing she was the fluke of 2011 :worship:

People that think she is tanking are delusional.. she has been typing week in advance about how happy she was to play at Bad Gastein...

This is just a terrible result for her and she needs to wake up :shrug:

mk27
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:14 PM
On my fave's worst surface. Let's see her try and beat Wozniacki on hardcourt :wavey:

She almost beat her in Copenhagen last year :wavey:

doooma6816
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:16 PM
If she doesn't tank this then:help:
:facepalm:

I hope it was tankjob not comeback to shit.

RobinT83
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Goerges is an overrated player, she's an another brainless ball basher after all :shrug:
So, expected result, Pous tio is the better player.

Excelscior
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:21 PM

Bad Gastein, an enjoyable place...

But now it's time again for the serious part of season.

Wow! Pretty place! I would not wanna play if I was there either. :D :lick: Lol.

dane
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:23 PM
this Goerges is just useless. Caro tanked the last two matches against her, obviously :)

Effy
this Goerges is just useless. Caro tanked the last two matches against her, obviously :)

:weirdo:

Richie's
:lol: @ Bad Gastein and @ me. I went to see my favorite players and all of them lost on 1st round. I'm on their black list :haha:

Excelscior
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Goerges in an overrated player, she's an another brainless ball basher after all :shrug:
So, expected result, Pous tio is the better player.

What do you have against players that don't play like a back stops (Wozniaki)???

It's/your comical with your "brainless ball basher" pseudo-crusade".

So predictable.

Vikapower
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Okeyy haterz, rambling and crying because lovely Julia kindly ditched an MM event. :lol: Word-Life BTW, Julia ain't Caro and she must certainly know her priorities now as a top 20 player ----->> US Open HCs and this is what only counts in that period of the season.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
:unsure: that must have hurt :awww: losing in a first round of a MM on clay :tape: Baby Gorgeous :hug:

Ian Aberdon
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Maybe Jules just wanted to make some more time to take that Porsche she won in Stuttgart out for a spin? :shrug:

:drive:

Skoo
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I'd like to defend Julia, but I can't. It's just one dissapoinment after another and all excuses are in vain. The haterz win.

CloudAtlas
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Oh God. What the hell is up with that scoreline?

And yeah I'm sure she tanked. She's been to one Tier I or above QF in her entire career yet she is willing to tank like 280 points for a tournament win :rolleyes:. Give me a break, she's always been a streaky and inconsistent player.

joe87
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
That was no tank at all... Julia really tried to do well, had some good winners in the 2nd set but also way tooo much errors overall. Always shouting and fistpumping when she won points... :shrug:

Rainmaker
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:07 PM
since stuttgart she had about one good match against AMG
other than that she constantly disappointed

Melange
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:08 PM
She asked everyone to come out and support her... so she could tank?

Hayato
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Laura :yeah: Good job!
No way was it a tankjob from Goerges, she ain't that good. She had a few great tournaments, but she's not a consistent achiever. Why bother show up to defend your title otherwise.

CillyUltra
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
but my friend at the match said that julia sprayed a lot of balls wide, and looked really unconcerned and bored during the points and a couple times, didn't even sit down during the changeovers. it sounds like she could care less.

Julia's statement:
- one of the worst matches of my career
- very bitter that it happened here
- a black day, I tried everything but nothing worked
- I was a bit tired bc I had a dental operation last Monday and had to take pills for the inflammation until Thursday
- I felt this tiredness still today
- all in all very disappointing, I will play doubles tomorrow yet

Rix643
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:12 PM
[CENTER]

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The facepalm emoticon has never been more appropriate... :o

The show bag is back. :lol:

But I don't think she took it that seriously... :shrug:

By the way, why did the stream coverage end for this match? :scratch:

As you might notice, the shadows from the trees on the far side of the court are pretty long, creating quite a dark zone. Too dark for TV cameras who need a lot of light.

Well, she looked a bit absent at times, but didn't notice her not sitting down.Well, except after the first game of a set, but that's pretty normal...
She came across as pretty disappointed during her post match interview, but thruthfully I didn't pay that much attention anyhow....

young_gunner913
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Julia WTF. :facepalm:

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Wozniacki didn't play well either. Wozniacki, playing well, even on clay, would beat Goerges with ease.

Melange
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Julia's statement:

If she is very tired why she dont sit down.

Skoo
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, Wozniacki didn't play well either. Wozniacki, playing well, even on clay, would beat Goerges with ease.

No, you got it all wrong, Goerges playing well, on any surface, would beat Wozniacki with ease. Wozniacki can't even return her 2nd serve well on her good days :)

Milito22
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:33 PM
:spit:

Sombrerero loco
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:45 PM
gorgeous, laura =D

edificio
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:49 PM
:eek:

What happened to Julia? Too much time spent on promotion?

Le Tenisse
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM
clay MMs

Off topic question, and excuse my ignorance, but what does the MM stands for?. :confused:

Jane Lane
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Off topic question, and excuse my ignorance, but what does the MM stands for?. :confused:

NA-GOAT coined it IIRC. It's short for Mickey Mouse (tournament); one that doesn't have a good field, full of mugs, or top players who tank. Tournament Caro (and previously Vee and Masha) enjoy whoring.

For some, basically everything not a Slam. :lol: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=399509

ArcticMoose
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:44 PM

In TF, MM = Any Tournament won by Sunshine irrespective of Tier

Brad[le]y.
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Julia that was just... :spit:

Pops Maellard
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:51 PM
:lol:

Solitaire
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:04 AM
No just No.:o

Matt01
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:03 AM
since stuttgart she had about one good match against AMG
other than that she constantly disappointed

Nah, she obviously just tanked also those matches she didn't win ;)

RandomShot
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:35 AM
:confused: :tape: :eek:

Laura :yeah:

Julia :hug:

Navratil
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Wow! Big big upset!

But to be honest: She had only two outstanding tournaments. Paris and Wimbledon were disappointing. How could she lost to Cibulkova on grass!?

longtin23
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Is it Julia lose the match, or Laura won the match... I want to ask seriously...

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:41 AM
NA-GOAT coined it IIRC. It's short for Mickey Mouse (tournament); one that doesn't have a good field, full of mugs, or top players who tank. Tournament Caro (and previously Vee and Masha) enjoy whoring.

For some, basically everything not a Slam. :lol: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=399509

Eeehm...I maybe got it wrong but isn´t MM simply all Internationals? No matter how the field would be...International with TOP 32 players in MD would be still MM I think.

joe87
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Is it Julia lose the match, or Laura won the match... I want to ask seriously...

It was all on Julia. She was the one hitting all the winners and errors.

A sidenote from this match: There was some old insane guy sitting next to me who had a dictaphone with him and always talked into it when a player won the point. Something like Pous-Tio 30-0... Pous-Tio 40-0 ... Three Matchpoints...

I was like :unsure: :silly: :haha:

Wonder what he's doing with this notes. :help: :lol:

duhcity
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:20 AM

It's just an international tournament, a Tier III or IV in the old system.
And it was here way before NA-GOAT

Shinjiro
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM
That's too bad. Never mind. :hug: You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Richie's
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I'll go to the doubles match too :lol:
Julia and Jarka will kill me after all, I know that :lol:

SVK
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Tanking Goerges (with Gajdosova who is also out of singles) just fought hard from 2 points away from losing in doubles! She obviously changed her mind last night and suddenly finds this tournament interesting enough to fight and stay here or prefers such popular competition how doubles is over singles...

CuteKoala
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
You should have stayed at home, Julia. :rolleyes:

toxina90
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Not enough oxygen up there for Julia this year :shrug:

#1 beater should have just gone straight to training for hardcourts, dumb scheduling :help:

RobinT83
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Expected result.
Pous tio is the better player by a quite margin.
Julia goerges is only good for the ballbashing nonsense (and her backhand is pretty weak too).
Good for the game.

Graftard
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Expected result.
Pous tio is the better player by a quite margin.
Julia goerges is only good for the ballbashing nonsense (and her backhand is pretty weak too).
Good for the game.

Goerges is basically Ivanovic v2.0. She'll probably win French in the next few years.

Smitten
Jul 14th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Julia is not winning anyone's slam. Sit down.

She had two good tournaments by beating Karolina on clay and taking advantage of Azarenka's retirement. She should have lost in Stuttgart R2 and then all of this pointless hype surrounding her and her worthless game would have never happened.

Skoo
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:01 AM
You people must have watched the wrong player. Julia used to be a ballbasher but now she has a lot of variety in her game. I saw ten times more dropshots, lobes and patiently constructed points from her than from, say, Kvitova. The problem is not with her game, the problem is with her concentration and probably with her fitness. If you watched the last mathces from RG and Wimby, you probably noticed that she didn't have too many unforced errors, but those that she had were produced on crucial points. She may or may not win a slam, but if she doesn't, that will be because of her sudden collapses not because she is a ballbasher. Because she is not :) And it's not like we don't know some ballbashers that won majors.

bindaboo
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Agree with you Skoo: Those people think Martina Hingis is a ballbasher;they always go for the simple explication and never bother to check things out. Most never played a set of tennis in their life.Goerges seems to have some kind of health problem,allergies,head cold,something, her nose is always red and running.In an interview after her loss she stated ; she had dental problems and was on meds. and extremely tired.One thing I have noticed,she doesn't concentrate on her first point in a game,she seems to start out at love/15 far too often,no player can afford to do that;when she gets to 30/all she doesn't step it up.I think Julia not long ago changed her fitness coach, to a former cyclist.What's up with that?