PDA

View Full Version : 1R Battle of Titans BadGastein:[Q]Evtimova def. [WC] Klaffner 6-1 6-0

eDonkey
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Dia :cheer:

What a forehand!!!:worship:

Melanie :hug:

SVK
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:18 AM
First set actually not that bad as I expected, both were able to rally and hit winners...sure there were still more errors, but it was not Wozniacki vs. Radwanska...unfortunately in second set Klaffner looked like 10 years old amateur:tape:

Bulgaria
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Well done Dia!!! :bounce:

Keep on going :)

BlueTrees
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I can't believe Safarova lost to Klaffner in the first round of this event a few years ago. :tape:

rrfnpump
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Hopefully this result finally makes Klaffner realize that tennis is not hers. She is 21, so still time to do something else in life. She should have retired long time ago already, because she is absolutely useless. :awww:

Evtimova's Hantuchova-esque attitude is a bit annoying, but she played well. A good chance against Hofmanova now.

eDonkey
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
First set actually not that bad as I expected, both were able to rally and hit winners...sure there were still more errors, but it was not Wozniacki vs. Radwanska...unfortunately in second set Klaffner looked like 10 years old amateur:tape:

I got glimpse just at the first 3 games and the last 3.Both were doing stellar job in the beginnig of the match and hitting winners all over the court.Only Melanie's serve was rather poor.In the last three games it was more like Dia waiting for a comfortable ball from Melanie or just waiting for her to error.

They both actually did a good match though the result is so one-sided.:worship:

pla
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Too bad Dia is so tiny, a bit bigger and top100 would have been hers for years now. Great win for her but she has Klaffner's number :). I never saw Klaffner play before, what was with the moonballs? Some were bouncing twice higher than Dia :lol: she was almost smashing them.

FedererBulgaria
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Well done girl (sun)

delicatecutter
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Dia! :cheer: She played great!

Bronx19
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Shocking tennis. One a dreadful pusher and the other just an ITF mug.

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Klaffner hitting winners? :eek: :eek:

Saw 3 matches of hers in one tournament a few years ago; she probably hit a grand total of 3 winners in them. Not to say I didn't enjoy it though :)

Sombrerero loco
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:48 AM
the wc girl just didnt know how to play :help:

Mistress of Evil
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Congratz to the winner :yeah: but one game :spit: retire in peace, girl :lol:

Adrian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
OMG, this could also be R1 at a challenger :hysteric:
and now R2 against Hofmanova :haha:

Dia from winning 25k 2 weeks ago to QF of a WTA tournament :lol:

eDonkey
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM
OMG, this could also be R1 at a challenger :hysteric:
and now R2 against Hofmanova :haha:

Dia from winning very first 25k 2 weeks ago to QF of a WTA tournament :lol:

Fixed it for you.:lol:

Still too early to say she reached the QFs, but she's been unlucky too many times, either, she deserved getting some decent draw.She faced Lapushchenkova (in 2010 Stuttgart qualifying - SF), Parra Santonja (in 2010 Estoril R1 - RU) and Sharapova (in 2010 Strasbourg R2 - W) on her previous encounters. :shrug: