PDA

View Full Version : Thigh Tapping

Bronx19
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:58 AM
What is with the girls tapping their thigh in the WTA? Is it a nervous twitch, did they all see Sharapova do it?

VeeJJ
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
:lol: Idk why but at first read I definitely thought of something wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different than what your talking about :lol:

Yoncé
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:16 AM
What a great, thought provoking, intriguing thread...I will have to ponder for hours over a reply, thanks for this great thread! Great work!

Bronx19
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for taking the time to respond, you must be run off your feet!

Bronx19
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM
There are also a few doing the manic Pova fist pump between points now too. Its like these girls think if they copy the mannerisms they will become great.

Lachy
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:46 AM
:lol: Masha is such a pioneer :hearts:

Corswandt
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:50 AM
What is with the girls tapping their thigh in the WTA? Is it a nervous twitch, did they all see Sharapova do it?

Pironkova has always done it. It's her trademark move.

Smitten
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Pironkova used to do it a lot harder in 2006 and she was a lot more vocal with her "haide" as well. It's tame in comparison to the old.

When she beat Anna-Lena at Wimbledon 2006... :lol:

Noctis
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
neh just get the frustration out of their chest,every tap means 'beat this bitch,beat this bitch,beat this bitch'
they usually hit a winner than shoutes come on the next point than tap tap tap.

JN
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:58 PM
There are also a few doing the manic Pova fist pump between points now too. Its like these girls think if they copy the mannerisms they will become great.

When a bulk of the tour begins walking on their toes and praying to the rear wall before every play, I think you'll be onto something.

gc-spurs
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:24 PM
When a bulk of the tour begins walking on their toes and praying to the rear wall before every play, I think you'll be onto something.

:hearts: The Sharapova Shuffle :hearts:

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Safarova does it in celebration instead of a fistpump.

Sean.
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:01 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2dtor2b.gif

GOAT thigh tap. Your faves could never!!!

The Dawntreader
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Pironkova's thigh-tapping is very cute. Especially when she just gently taps it.

Maria rocks
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Yep too many deffo copy Maria Sharapova as i have said before. They can try but noone can be like Masha she rocks like no other ever will:worship:

Viktymise
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Pironkova used to do it a lot harder in 2006 and she was a lot more vocal with her "haide" as well. It's tame in comparison to the old.

When she beat Anna-Lena at Wimbledon 2006... :lol:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31eny_pironkova-v-groenefeld_sport

Yup.

edificio
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Maria did not invent the turn away from the court maneuver before the serve, I don't know why people think so. Same with the thigh tapping/slapping/whatever. However, that skip step is all her own, and it is positively mesmerizing. I'm always thinking, why does she do that? It's amusing.

edificio
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:40 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31eny_pironkova-v-groenefeld_sport

Yup.

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed it. It would be nice to see Anna-Lena get some game back.

Stonerpova
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:42 PM
:lol: Masha is such a pioneer :hearts:

This :happy:

gc-spurs
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Maria did not invent the turn away from thecourt maneuver before the serve, I don't know why people think so. Same with the thigh tapping/slapping/whatever. However, that skip step is all her own, and it is positively mesmerizing. I'm always thinking, why does she do that? It's amusing.

A small child asked her why and she said she didn't know she did it, and I'm sitting there thinking, 'Serially Maria? You're gonna use THAT answer again?'

edificio
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:12 PM
A small child asked her why and she said she didn't know she did it, and I'm sitting there thinking, 'Serially Maria? You're gonna use THAT answer again?'

:lol:

auntie janie
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Steffi Graf used to smack her thigh really hard, all the time. Sharapova is only a cheap imitator of The Great One. ;)