PDA

View Full Version : Which will happen first, Sharapova's post-injury slam or Wozniacki's first slam?

Julian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Which will happen first, Sharapova winning a grand slam again after her major shoulder injury (her 4th grand slam) or Wozniacki winning her first grand slam?

Stonerpova
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Maria's :angel:

Pops Maellard
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:38 AM
http://i28.tinypic.com/ayakx3.jpg

How dare you.

backslapu
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Why are people so obsessed with Caroline winning a slam. This is ridiculous. She's TWENTY FUCKING ONE. Who cares what come first. Sharapova won't be around long anyways, seeing how she doesn't see herself playing to 30. She'll win one or two and bow out I think. But I could give two shits which come first.

young_gunner913
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Why are people so obsessed with Caroline winning a slam. This is ridiculous. She's TWENTY FUCKING ONE. Who cares what come first. Sharapova won't be around long anyways, seeing how she doesn't see herself playing to 30. She'll win one or two and bow out I think. But I could give two shits which come first.

Then why are you here posting in this thread if you could give 2 squirts of duck shit about the topic? Quit your bitching.

backslapu
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Then why are you here posting in this thread if you could give 2 squirts of duck shit about the topic? Quit your bitching.

Because there's like 10 different threads all having to do with Wozniacki winning a slam

gc-spurs
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Because there's like 10 different threads all having to do with Wozniacki winning a slam

At least this one was different and actually brings Maria into it right from the original post! In all the other ones you have to wait for Madmax to come storming in.

Novichok
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Caroline gets her's.

SerenaClijsters
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I hope Maria :angel:

Gilas.
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:37 AM
None :sad:

bandabou
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
:lol: Ah mennn! Not again?! :facepalm: :banghead:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM
:lol: Ah mennn! Not again?! :facepalm: :banghead:
Coming up tomorrow: who will get into the HOF first - Serena Williams or Caroline Wozniacki? ;)

Bingain
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Which will happen first, Sharapova winning a grand slam again after her major shoulder injury (her 4th grand slam) or Wozniacki winning her first grand slam?

Moot votes. Utterly useless.

Thou shalt have made the choices read:

a) Sharapova. No questions about it. If she doesn't win another slam before Pushinacki, I will eat cat shit and upload the video to TF.

b) Are you crazy? Of course Wozniacki. If she doesn't win a slam before Doublefaultpova, I will eat dog poo and upload the video to TF.

c) Are you insane? None of them will win a slam (again). If any of them does, I will eat human crap and upload the video to TF.

d) Do you think I'm a moron? Who knows? Who can tell the future? I ain't gonna upload shit videos to TF.

bandabou
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Coming up tomorrow: who will get into the HOF first - Serena Williams or Caroline Wozniacki? ;)

:lol: Whaaaattt? You mean Serena's gonna retire someday?! :eek: ;)

Chrissie-fan
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM
:lol: Whaaaattt? You mean Serena's gonna retire someday?! :eek: ;)
After the USO. She will make her comeback at the AO. ;)

Chip.
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM
http://i28.tinypic.com/ayakx3.jpg

How dare you.

That gif :hysteric: :scared:

Voted for Maria. She's performed much better at the biggest stage of late.

StoneRose
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Wozniacki's slam

BartoLiNa
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Unlike Caro, Maria can actually beat top players in slams.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM

Like which? Maria hasnt beaten a top 10 player in slam for over 3 and a half years.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Julian :awww: :hug:
I am desperately delusional Mashabator so my vote was NID :sobbing:

bandabou
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Like which? Maria hasnt beaten a top 10 player in slam for over 3 and a half years.

:secret: :lol: People just getting carried away with Wimbledon F run.

bandabou
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM
After the USO. She will make her comeback at the AO. ;)

:lol: You might be on something there, my friend. ;)

Vulturepova
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:54 AM
A Woz thread :eek:

Serenita
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
At least this one was different and actually brings Maria into it right from the original post! In all the other ones you have to wait for Madmax to come storming in.
:rolls:

gc-spurs
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:01 PM
That gif :hysteric: :scared:

Voted for Maria. She's performed much better at the biggest stage of late.

I voted for Maria because of that gif :eek:!

That's a lie. I voted for Maria because I am a Mashabator.

18majors
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Maria.

Sammo
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:41 PM
None :drool: Trolling is fun :wavey:

KingCrimson88
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
How many more variations of this type of thread can people make? This is kind of fascinating to me, actually.

Blu€
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:52 PM

:haha::bigcry:

Paldias
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Obviously, Sharapova. Wozniacki is never winning a slam.

Matt01
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Brilliant stuff considering that Woz won their last match in a Slam. :lol:

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Mashabatorz rejoice!

madmax
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:39 PM
LOL...how many more times this useless pusher is gonna get dragged in the same sentence as Maria? Pushtards should stop pretending like there's some kind of rivalry and these two are comparable by any means - it's getting really tiresome by now...

Burisleif
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:17 PM
LOL...how many more times this useless pusher is gonna get dragged in the same sentence as Maria? Pushtards should stop pretending like there's some kind of rivalry and these two are comparable by any means - it's getting really tiresome by now...

Interesting way to insult every poster on TF...

Being that you are one of the main perpetrators of forever dragging Caroline into discussions, and down to your level of bile posting, even in the Sharapova section I might add, I guess the question you're asking is:

When will I, Madmax, get permabanned?

Serenita
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Get it Caro.

Maria rocks
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Maria's :angel:

Yep Maria winning the US Open 2012:)

shoryuken
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM

wow it's been that long :eek: :lol:

Excelscior
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
wow it's been that long :eek: :lol:

I'm not supporting one side of the argument or debate here, regarding Maria and Caroline. But I did find one thing interesting during the Wimby final.

NBC or ESPN had said that "Maria had only beaten 1 seeded player during her run to the finals". I know that wasn't her fault. She could only play who she could play. But that was very telling.

Mmmhhh.

PS: I know Sabine is/was a better player than her wild card seeding, but fortunately for Masha that Sabine didn't show up!!

madmax
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Interesting way to insult every poster on TF...

Being that you are one of the main perpetrators of forever dragging Caroline into discussions, and down to your level of bile posting, even in the Sharapova section I might add, I guess the question you're asking is:

When will I, Madmax, get permabanned?

it's even more interesting that you are so concerned with me and what I post here:lol: I'm not gonna start calling your precious Push a world beater just to appease armies of her stans. Can't stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen then

Serenita
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Why doesn't this really surprise me. :lol:
Give her and cakewalk draw and still she fails. :oh:

shoryuken
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I'm not supporting one side of the argument or debate here, regarding Maria and Caroline. But I did find one thing interesting during the Wimby final.

NBC or ESPN had said that "Maria had only beaten 1 seeded player during her run to the finals". I know that wasn't her fault. She could only play who she could play. But that was very telling.

Mmmhhh.

PS: I know Sabine is/was a better player than her wild card seeding, but fortunately for Masha that Sabine didn't show up!!

Yeah I agree with you but I guess it was only brought up to refute someone's claim that Maria beats top players to get far and Wozniacki doesn't.

doomsday
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:56 PM

You can do so much better than that and what top 10 means these days anyway ? Do you really think Maria can't beat the likes of Bartoli, Schiavone, Zvonareva, Wozniacki(she was supposed to play her but she failed miserably btw) etc.... the only players who are really bothering Maria in the top 10 right now are Vika, Na and Petra and considering her ranking she can only meet them in the very latter stages and of course surprises can happen (like Na Li losing to Lisicki who lost to Maria in straights).

doomsday
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM

So if I get it, it's been two times that Sabine didn't show up vs Maria (Miami and Wimbly SF) and it has nothing to do with Maria :rolleyes:

dane
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Is this a serious question? Caro is already a legend, while Sharapova is just another journeywoman :shrug:
Caro will win at least 5 times more slams than Sharapova :)

Burisleif
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
it's even more interesting that you are so concerned with me and what I post here:lol: I'm not gonna start calling your precious Push a world beater just to appease armies of her stans. Can't stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen then

Funny how you sound more and more like a duplicate account by the day... What you post has long been irrelevant... That you still post at all pertaining to a "special Dynamic" is the only interesting thing, and that I assure you has nothing to do with heat, and everything to do with the transparency and increasing ineffectiveness of your shallow agenda.

You troll, you flame, you twist, and yet contribute nothing.

doooma6816
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Is this a serious question? Caro is already a legend, while Sharapova is just another journeywoman :shrug:

that post made my great day...

Novichok
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi :kiss:

Serenita
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM
You can do so much better than that and what top 10 means these days anyway ? Do you really think Maria can't beat the likes of Bartoli, Schiavone, Zvonareva, Wozniacki(she was supposed to play her but she failed miserably btw) etc.... the only players who are really bothering Maria in the top 10 right now are Vika, Na and Petra and considering her ranking she can only meet them in the very latter stages and of course surprises can happen (like Na Li losing to Lisicki who lost to Maria in straights).
Still hasn't beaten a top 10 player :lol:. You also forgot to mention Caro, she slapped her around the last time they met in a GS. Also that match with Lisicki was pathetic, hitting 12 DF and still winning in 2. Really sums up how awful Sabine was playing. PooVa was lucky to get to the final had she met Vika or some random player with half game she would have lost early. :shrug:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM

All this hypothetical stuff is fine, I was just pointing out to the guy who said Maria can beat top players at Slams unlike Wozniacki, the fact that Maria hasnt beaten a top 10 player at a slam in over 3 and a half years .

And about not playing enough top 10 players at slams, Maria herself has been past the Quarterfinal stage only three times in past three years, has played 4 top 10 players and was straight setted by all of them.

I am not saying that Wozniacki will win a slam first, I am just pointing out the facts to the people believing that Sharapova is consistently beating top players at slams.

The Dawntreader
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I'd actually give Serena more of an edge to win another Slam ahead of these two. No joke.

Doully
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Gainsy/1285955734715.jpg

doomsday
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Still hasn't beaten a top 10 player :lol:. You also forgot to mention Caro, she slapped her around the last time they met in a GS. Also that match with Lisicki was pathetic, hitting 12 DF and still winning in 2. Really sums up how awful Sabine was playing.

Give me a break!! Caro was never going to beat Maria at Wimbledon, she lost against Cibulkova( do I need to remind you that grass is Cibulkova's worst surface)
Maria was very convincing in that QF, Caroline would have won 2 games too.

PooVa was lucky to get to the final had she met Vika or some random player with half game she would have lost early. :shrug:.

Lucky to get to the final, lucky to win W in 2004 and the YEC.
Let's just say that Maria is lucky to be a professionnal tennis player.

Serenita
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Give me a break!! Caro was never going to beat Maria at Wimbledon, she lost against Cibulkova( do I need to remind you that grass is Cibulkova's worst surface)
Maria was very convincing in that QF, Caroline would have won 2 games too.

Lucky to get to the final, lucky to win W in 2004 and the YEC.
Let's just say that Maria is lucky to be a professionnal tennis player.

What an arrogant assumption. Any reasonable tennis fan know's that Caro has the game to beat PooVa. She did it once allready. To say she didnt had a chance is just ridiculous. Give PooVa enough rally's and she'll run out of gas and start trying to hit winners from all over the court. Putting pressure on that serve, which then produces more DF's.

Yes Caro had chances.

doomsday
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM
What an arrogant assumption. Any reasonable tennis fan know's that Caro has the game to beat PooVa. She did it once allready. To say she didnt had a chance is just ridiculous. Give PooVa enough rally's and she'll run out of gas and start trying to hit winners from all over the court. Putting pressure on that serve, which then produces more DF's.

Yes Caro had chances.

Caro had chances to do what?:lol: she lost 1 round earlier Caro has more trouble at majors than Maria these days, she need to get rid of scrubs first like you said before hoping to have chances to face Maria, Petra, Li etc...

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Caro had chances to do what?:lol: she lost 1 round earlier Caro has more trouble at majors than Maria these days, she need to get rid of scrubs first like you said before hoping to have chances to face Maria, Petra, Li etc...Back on hardcourt where Caro beat Maria in 2 sets, both times they faced in the past year

Novichok
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Caro had chances to do what?:lol: she lost 1 round earlier Caro has more trouble at majors than Maria these days, she need to get rid of scrubs first like you said before hoping to have chances to face Maria, Petra, Li etc...

She's saying that Caro had chances to beat Maria like she did the last time they played at a major.

doomsday
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Back on hardcourt where Caro beat Maria in 2 sets, both times they faced in the past year

Back on HC. Maria's form has clearly improved since March and you know it, Caroline OTOH has suffered from tough losses but anyway bring the HC season.

She's saying that Caro had chances to beat Maria like she did the last time they played at a major.

Blablablabla and Cibulkova also had chances because she defeated Maria at the French 2009 love and 2 but Maria kicked her butt this time.

gc-spurs
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM

Yes Caro had chances.

Saying 'she doesn't have a chance' is ridiculous that's true, but the likelihood was that if that match ever occurred Maria would have won. Pretty much just because it was on grass where a) Maria is pretty good, and b) Wozniacki is pretty bad. Surface is a pretty big thing for Woz. Add the form factor of the last month, Sharapova had the clear edge. So I suppose the poster phrased his assumption arrogantly, but I reckon its a good assumption when you weigh the probabilities.

dsanders06
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Back on hardcourt where Caro beat Maria in 2 sets, both times they faced in the past year

Maria leads the head-to-head :wavey:

!VamosRafa!
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Hard to say...I don't care how many Slams woz wins, I just want Maria to win at least 1 more!

goldlion
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:06 AM
OMG people are so obsessed about Wozniacki when she clearly isn't the player once she was before.

She lost her movement and court sense in the last few months and allows opponents to step up. She is becoming less consistent and can't defend like she did last year. People are becoming more accurate and aggressive against her. She's always lost to a more aggressive player of the day - Na in AO, Zvonareva in Doha, Petkovic in Miami, Sharapova in Rome, Hantuchova in Paris and Cibulkova in Wimbledon. The reason she wins is also the reason she lost - because she didn't change a damn thing according to condition and the better player took them all.

Feyd
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:37 AM
OMG people are so obsessed about Wozniacki when she clearly isn't the player once she was before.

She lost her movement and court sense in the last few months and allows opponents to step up. She is becoming less consistent and can't defend like she did last year. People are becoming more accurate and aggressive against her.

Has Wozniacki passed her peak and never win a slam? :lol:

18majors
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Maria can answer this question easily by winning 2011 US Open.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Maria can answer this question easily by winning 2011 US Open.

So can Wozniacki (as much as it me pains to say), who has done better than Maria at the US Open in the past 3 years.

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I think Maria has definitely passed Wozniacki back these last couple months. Not sure if Maria will win the Open but I expect her to outperform Wozniacki this summer on hard courts.

I have a feeling Wozniacki's career has already peaked to be honest and is now starting a slow decline. She might luck out and win a major at some point anyway though, but will lose the #1 rank before years end.

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I think Maria has definitely passed Wozniacki back these last couple months. Not sure if Maria will win the Open but I expect her to outperform Wozniacki this summer on hard courts.

I have a feeling Wozniacki's career has already peaked to be honest and is now starting a slow decline. She might luck out and win a major at some point anyway though, but will lose the #1 rank before years end.Wozniacki is the only player who is in decline while ranked #1 by over 2000 points & holding 8 Premier titles.
Thats quite an accomplishment! Imagine how big her lead at #1 would be if she wasnt yesterday's news :lol:

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Justine Henin was still #1 in the rankings by an enormous margin while physically and mentally burnt out and playing her worst tennis ever the first 4 months of 2008. Not exactly an unprecedented situation, especialy with the WTA in its current suckage state.

Wozniacki in #1 in points only though. Her peers dont respect her as such. Just look at what Cibulkova said after beating Wozniacki at Wimbledon. Saying she didnt feel like she was playing the World #1, just that was playing Wozniacki. Also said the win was no big deal, she had won their last meeting so she pretty much expected it.

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM

Wozniacki in #1 in points only though. Her peers dont respect her as such. Just look at what Cibulkova said after beating Wozniacki at Wimbledon. Saying she didnt feel like she was playing the World #1, just that was playing Wozniacki. Also said the win was no big deal, she had won their last meeting so she pretty much expected it.You have this all backwards. Domi beat Maria in their last meeting in Madrid.
Caro beat Domi in the AO, their last meeting
This part of the year is usually Caroline's best. I hope she gets another meeting with Domi. Caroline should be ready for anyone on hardcourt

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM

Domi beat Caro just a couple of weeks ago at Wimbledon. I know that Grandslams are nowhere as important as Copenhagen or Brussels, but as a Wozniacki fan you should know about her recent losses and wins.

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
That person was talking about what Domi said before playing Caro at Wimbledon.
She didnt win their last meeting before Wimbledon.
Domi had beaten Maria in their last meeting before Wimbledon.

Caro has a way of beating players on hardcourt she might struggle against on clay or grass. But maybe she's way past her peak. We will find out.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Caro has a way of beating players on hardcourt she might struggle against on clay or grass. But maybe she's way past her peak. We will find out.

Yea, she struggles against extremely mediocre players on Clay and grass and then beats them on HC. Big deal :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Last year she lost to Fran & Petra at FO & W, and is 5-0 against them since.
That could happen with Dani/Domi also

moemoe
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I hope Maria but Caroline needs it more

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM

Wozniacki spanked Maria the last time they met each other at a slam :confused:

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Wozniacki will win another slam before that slug ever does again. And she'll win more slams than her overall too. Maria Sharapova is known more for her screams than her game. Some player, lmao.

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
You have this all backwards. Domi beat Maria in their last meeting in Madrid.
This part of the year is usually Caroline's best. I hope she gets another meeting with Domi. Caroline should be ready for anyone on hardcourt
USOS + USO results:
2010 - R3 W W SF
2009 - R2 QF R2 W F

She has some surprising early losses for 'her best part of the season' despite her being known as a creature of consistency. In 2010 USOS, she was a top 4 seed in all of those events. In 2011 USOS, she was seeded 4th in LA, 8 at Cincy + Toronto, 2nd at New Haven and finally seeded 9th in New York.

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Wozniacki will win another slam before that slug ever does again. And she'll win more slams than her overall too. Maria Sharapova is known more for her screams than her game. Some player, lmao.
At least she is known. :lol:

doomsday
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Wozniacki spanked Maria the last time they met each other at a slam :confused:

Spanked :lol: you are really funny and IIRC Woz "spanked" Cibulkova last time she met her at a slam and what happened 2 two weeks ago she lost:lol:
Stop with this shit, Maria was in the QF waiting for Caroline now if your pusher couldn't even take care of Cib, Maria did it in a beautiful way, end of story (btw Cib really spanked Maria in their last meeting at a major but it didn't stop Maria to kill her this time, same thing would have happened with Caroline maybe Caroline would have won 3 games I give you that).

doomsday
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Owned.:lol:

AcesHigh
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Don't really see Sharapova winning anymore slams unless the tennis draw gods keep helping her out.

valac222
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
None

madmax
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Don't really see Sharapova winning anymore slams unless the tennis draw gods keep helping her out.

of course of course...it'a all about luck with Pova nowadays. Venus is gonna win them all baby:bowdown:

Sammo
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Justine Henin was still #1 in the rankings by an enormous margin while physically and mentally burnt out and playing her worst tennis ever the first 4 months of 2008. Not exactly an unprecedented situation, especialy with the WTA in its current suckage state.

Wozniacki in #1 in points only though. Her peers dont respect her as such. Just look at what Cibulkova said after beating Wozniacki at Wimbledon. Saying she didnt feel like she was playing the World #1, just that was playing Wozniacki. Also said the win was no big deal, she had won their last meeting so she pretty much expected it.

Her worst tennis ever was the one she was playing before her second retirement :help:

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
of course of course...it'a all about luck with Pova nowadays. Venus is gonna win them all baby:bowdown:

Trivia time: Who won a major last? Venus or Maria?

Vikapower
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Excluding Wimbledon, Maria. Vee's last major was in 2001, 10 years aback. :tape:

EDIT : BTW Even with Wimbledon both girls won their last majors in 2008 - I always forget Vee's Wimbl'2008, so much to tell. :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:39 PM
If she can get her serve back on track I can easily imagine Sharapova winning more slams. That doesn't mean that SHE WILL, but she definitely has a shot.

VishaalMaria
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Excluding Wimbledon, Maria. Vee's last major was in 2001, 10 years aback. :tape:

:lol::lol::lol:

dsanders06
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Last year she lost to Fran & Petra at FO & W, and is 5-0 against them since.
That could happen with Dani/Domi also

And Maria has a positive head-to-head against Wozniacki, yet that stat apparently isn't relevant to you :confused:

Tell me, who in the last two years has had a significantly tougher road to a Slam final than Maria this year? Objectively, Maria had a slightly tougher road than Kvitova, if you look at bookmakers' odds (Azarenka was given only slightly shorter odds than Lisicki at the start of the event; Peng was given much shorter odds than anyone else Kvitova played).

doomsday
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM

I can see you changed subject, nice move.:lol:
Anyway they both won their last major in 2008 but Maria has more time on her side, she is in the latter stages of majors again Venus has just 1 more year left.

dsanders06
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:44 PM

What's so funny? You do realise that in the last 3 and a half years, Venus and Maria have both made an equal amount of Slam semifinals, despite Maria struggling with injury for so much of that time?

Vikapower
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:47 PM

It's always a pleasure to see/read/have someone happy, especially when that person is close to my heart :hatoff: but without all these gentleness and caring we shouldn't act as if Vee has done something special outside grass, this would be a crazy idea. :lol:

Technically indeed Vee's last "real" major was in 2001, fanatically it was in 2008. :wavey:

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:47 PM
What's so funny? You do realise that in the last 3 and a half years, Venus and Maria have both made an equal amount of Slam semifinals, despite Maria struggling with injury for so much of that time?

Who's made more finals?

If making semifinals was all you needed to be great, Sharapova would be Steffi friggin Graf.

Novichok
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM
It's always a pleasure to see/read/have someone happy, especially when that person is close to my heart :hatoff: but without all these gentleness and caring we shouldn't act as if Vee has done something special outside grass, this would be a crazy idea. :lol:

Technically indeed Vee's last "real" major was in 2001, fanatically it was in 2008. :wavey:

What the hell? That doesn't make sense.You can't write off her last 3 majors because she happened to win them at Wimbledon.

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM

Given the current field her draws were as tough as they will get for the forseeable future, unless Serena rediscovers top form or Kim makes another grand comeback. You cant make tough draws out of a weakish field.

Shivank17
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:01 PM

Caro is a legend? :haha: for her 0.0000000000000 slams ?? or her post whore antiques!! :worship:
Sharapova journey women? :rolls: :happy: Heights of trollness!! :bowdown:

5 times more slams. :lol:

You know 5 x 3 is 15. and Caro is just 15 slams away from that.Yeah!! So close! :) :yeah:

dsanders06
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Who's made more finals?

If making semifinals was all you needed to be great, Sharapova would be Steffi friggin Graf.

They've both made two finals in that timeframe. Again, despite Maria suffering the most serious injury a tennisplayer can.

Given the current field her draws were as tough as they will get for the forseeable future, unless Serena rediscovers top form or Kim makes another grand comeback. You cant make tough draws out of a weakish field.

This x 500. Even if Maria did have a "weak draw", they're par for the course for Slams these days - they've constantly happened over the past two years, and they're going to keep happening, for Maria and every other player. In 2010, in the two Slams that Serena won, 13 of her 14 matches were against players outside the top 10.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Known for being a stupid, cold, screaming, classless, garbage player who just hits the ball as hard as she can? Yeah, I'd love to be known as that :lol:

BepaMaria
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Of course Masha's post injury slam as she is in much better form, reaching the Wimby final recently while Pushniacki has crashed out early in the last 2. In fact, I see Sharapova winning USO this year, after which this discussion can be concluded

18majors
Jul 13th, 2011, 03:54 PM
^I concur.

The Kaz
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Moot votes. Utterly useless.

Thou shalt have made the choices read:

a) Sharapova. No questions about it. If she doesn't win another slam before Pushinacki, I will eat cat shit and upload the video to TF.

b) Are you crazy? Of course Wozniacki. If she doesn't win a slam before Doublefaultpova, I will eat dog poo and upload the video to TF.

c) Are you insane? None of them will win a slam (again). If any of them does, I will eat human crap and upload the video to TF.

d) Do you think I'm a moron? Who knows? Who can tell the future? I ain't gonna upload shit videos to TF.

:unsure:

dane
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Caro is shining, Sharapova is declining.
Caro is winning, Sharapova got her ass thrashed every time.
Caro is the biggest star while Sharapova's time was over ages ago.
In short, Caro will dominate so she'll win slams very very soon. The first one will probably be this US Open :drool:
Haters :hug:

Shivank17
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Known for being a stupid, cold, screaming, classless, garbage player who just hits the ball as hard as she can? Yeah, I'd love to be known as that :lol:

No she is known for WINNING GRAND SLAMS,being one of the high profiled tennis players,the richest female athlete and not a tournament whore,just to get at No.1 :) :wavey:

And Wozniacki's little popularity is for her fake interviews,her pushing game,how bad and weaponless her game is,what a tournament whore she is and how enormously stupid some of her fans are like the person I just quoted in my message. :hug:

You can cry with your 3rd grade player. :hug: and then say she has won Brussels,New Haven and Denmark,who cares for those minute little things called slams. :bowdown: :awww:

Lachy
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:12 PM
In short, Caro will dominate so she'll win slams very very soon. The first one will probably be this US Open :drool:

If you call a R32 and R16 in the last two slams 'shining' and a SF and F in the last two slams 'declining' then you need to consult a dictionary a.s.a.p.

Shivank17
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Well lets see what happened in the past two slams and around that.

Before French.
Maria Sharapova won a little tournament called Rome,beating some hopeless pusher Wozniacki in straight sets in the semis.
Caro won the Woz Slam Brussels. :bowdown:

At French
Maria lost in the Semis to eventual champ.
Caro was thrashed by Daniela in the 3rd Round

Wimbledon-
Maria makes the Finals.
Caro gets beaten by Dominika Cibulkova in Round 4 who is thrashed 1 and 1 by Maria in the next round. :rolls:

Clearly Caro is shining ,Maria is declining. :bowdown: :lol:

Serena_Williams_
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Nice one...Now can we get back to reality?

Julian.
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Caro-tards :hysteric:

Vikapower
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:18 PM
What the hell? That doesn't make sense.You can't write off her last 3 majors because she happened to win them at Wimbledon.

I didn't right off her last 3 majors. I just simply said that her last major outside grass, last "real" major was in 2001 which are facts. Vee always finds her game on grass whereas suddenly she can't play elsewhere so I'm just reasoning the opposite of her, she uses (only) grass to be relevant in today's game then I use her achievements outside grass to prove her irrelevance. ;)

SoClose
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Well lets see what happened in the past two slams and around that.

Before French.
Maria Sharapova won a little tournament called Rome,beating some hopeless pusher Wozniacki in straight sets in the semis.
Caro won the Woz Slam Brussels. :bowdown:

At French
Maria lost in the Semis to eventual champ.
Caro was thrashed by Daniela in the 3rd Round

Wimbledon-
Maria makes the Finals.
Caro gets beaten by Dominika Cibulkova in Round 4 who is thrashed 1 and 1 by Maria in the next round. :rolls:

Clearly Caro is shining ,Maria is declining. :bowdown: :lol:

+ Sharapova :angel: got more money than Caro :hehehe::hehehe:

Shivank17
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:19 PM
If you call a R32 and R16 in the last two slams 'shining' and a SF and F in the last two slams 'declining' then you need to consult a dictionary a.s.a.p.

I think all these Caro tards refer to Wozniacki's personalized dictionary where Grand Slams are listed as
First Slam-Brussels
Second Slam-Copenhagen
Third Slam-Bastad
and New Haven"

And well those tournaments called AO,RG,Wimbledon and USO are listed under "Must participate for fake interviews and to live up to the post whore tag." :tape:

Vikapower
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM

ROFL Dane, I can only appreciate your effort to be funny/ironic with Caro contrary to many of the Caro-tards. :hatoff: Actually your other statement before this one was pretty :help: but funny... I can't even answer to you since there's just nothing in Caro's career to have a solid delusional fight on Caro vs. Maria. :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I didn't right off her last 3 majors. I just simply said that her last major outside grass, last "real" major was in 2001 which are facts. Vee always finds her game on grass whereas suddenly she can't play elsewhere so I'm just reasoning the opposite of her, she uses (only) grass to be relevant in today's game then I use her achievements outside grass to prove her irrelevance. ;)

so there are fake majors now? so I guess martha didn't win a real major in 2004, and didn't get to the final of a real major this year :lol:

Break My Rapture
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Of course you would, you'd actually be relevant then.

Serenita
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:31 PM
so there are fake majors now?
:lol:

They are ghostly shadowy major's. They don't exist in this space-time continuum. :lol::lol::lol:

Vikapower
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:40 PM
so there are fake majors now? so I guess martha didn't win a real major in 2004, and didn't get to the final of a real major this year :lol:

:help: The fact that Vee has won multiple Wimbls without having the ability to add no depth and variety with other major trophies makes Wimbledon fake for her because indeed it's a fake screen to shadow her mediocrity outside grass.

Vee only needs to win Wimbl every year for her to be made a contender to any slam thus be relevant on a tour that has completely surpassed her for many years. :lol:

So yes, Wimbledon is a fake major in her case... and I will not even answer your provocation to Srhararprorvar because of your relentless attempts to discredit her 2004 trophy for these many years. :tape:

Steven.
Jul 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM
OMG at this thread :hysteric:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 13th, 2011, 05:06 PM
:help: The fact that Vee has won multiple Wimbls without having the ability to add no depth and variety with other major trophies makes Wimbledon fake for her because indeed it's a fake screen to shadow her mediocrity outside grass.

Vee only needs to win Wimbl every year for her to be made a contender to any slam thus be relevant on a tour that has completely surpassed her for many years. :lol:

So yes, Wimbledon is a fake major in her case... and I will not even answer your provocation to Srhararprorvar because of your relentless attempts to discredit her 2004 trophy for these many years. :tape:

:hysteric: i can't

Mistress of Evil
Jul 13th, 2011, 06:59 PM
:hysteric: i can't

Girlfriend, take it easy :awww:
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/tennis/29kq5b8jpg.gif

Novichok
Jul 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM

No, those are not the facts. Your reasoning is flawed. You should be embarrassed.:tape::help:

Lennval
Jul 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM
couldn't care less about this poll :confused:

Chip.
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM

:yawn:

Graftard
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:56 PM
People still think Caro will win a slam? :happy:

Sorry, but the competition is getting harder. Williams sisters are back. Clijsters will probably be back too. Kvitova dialing in her game with every tournament. Lots of good HC specialists around. Caro better hope she doesn't get humiliated before second week again. World #1 losing in R3/R4 of last 2majors casts a negative image over WTA.

Brad[le]y.
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:55 AM
LMAO @ this thread :lol:

Julian.
Jul 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM

at least she won 2 real majors last year (One on hard court, one on clay) :sobbing:
oh and she reached the final of the grass court one as well :oh:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'd actually give Serena more of an edge to win another Slam ahead of these two. No joke.

This.

18majors
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Maria and Serena, yes. Woz, no.

Julian.
Nov 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Time for off-season discussions :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Azarenka will win a slam before Masha and Woz do. :angel:

Navratil
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Caroline's second half of 2011 was pretty bad! I'm afraid she's going south from now on like Safina, Jankovic and Ivanovic did.

She'll be lucky to stay in the Top Ten but I doupt it.

I don't see her winning a slam.

2012 is Kvitova's year :)

Apoleb
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Claypova to win the FO next year.

You heard it first.

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Maybe in AO next year.:oh:

The Dawntreader
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Claypova to win the FO next year.

You heard it first.

The Pova fanbase has been claiming that since 2007.

Otlichno
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I don't think either one of these will happen. :shrug:

Excelscior
Nov 7th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Wow!

At this stage, I think It'll be Sharapova.

Yes, she has her double fault yips, and (sometimes) over aggression/hitting/UE issues, but at this moment she seems closer.

Whether it will happen for Pova, or Caro for that matter, we'll see?

stromatolite
Nov 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM
It will probably take a while, but I think Woz will win a slam at some point. Can't see Maria ever winning another slam TBH.

Tatcher
Nov 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
What slam for Sharapova ? :lol: She even didn't win PM after her return.
I think, none will happen

Losing Streak
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Bepa has more chances to win a Slam than these two tbh :rolleyes: :lol:

debby
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Pova fans are so delusional :lol:
She will never win another Slam again :
- on hard : she sucks now, so no AO and USO, even Wozniacki can beat her in straights
- on clay : lol
- on grass : KvittyGOAT and Sarin

Break My Rapture
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure anymore *sobz*.

debby
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure anymore *sobz*.

Hopefully Vika will win some slams. :hearts:

madmax
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Pova fans are so delusional :lol:
She will never win another Slam again :
- on hard : she sucks now, so no AO and USO, even Wozniacki can beat her in straights
- on clay : lol
- on grass : KvittyGOAT and Sarin

the same Sarin who is busy being straight setted by Cake on grass?:lol: I'll give you Kvitty here, although Maria's form in that Wimby final was very questionable...we'll see I guess

Novichok
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:57 PM
the same Sarin who is busy being straight setted by Cake on grass?:lol: I'll give you Kvitty here, although Maria's form in that Wimby final was very questionable...we'll see I guess

Yes, the same Sarin who had been out for almost a year. Maria is getting straight setted by Sam Stosur (her pigeon) nowadays so...

madmax
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Yes, the same Sarin who had been out for almost a year. Maria is getting straight setted by Sam Stosur (her pigeon) nowadays so...

healthy and fit Pova would never lose to one of her bitches, so your point is already invalid:wavey: So much for bringing AnklePova into argument LOL:lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM

better cake than alla....who has done what since then? :lol: or dulko :sobbing:

Novichok
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
healthy and fit Pova would never lose to one of her bitches, so your point is already invalid:wavey: So much for bringing AnklePova into argument LOL:lol:

And I could say that unfit/rusty Serena would never lose to Bartoli on grass. :rolleyes:

Tatcher
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
the same Sarin who is busy being straight setted by Cake on grass?:lol:
Who beat Sharapova 61 63 one month later :worship:

debby
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM

MadMax :hearts:

Tatcher
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
healthy and fit Pova would never lose to one of her bitches:
However she can lose to Pennetta or Kirilenko etc

Novichok
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Let's not forget her loss to Voskoboeva.

madmax
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM

she can lose to any scrub when she is off - that's the nature of her game allright:wavey:

Tatcher
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:10 PM
she can lose to any scrub when she is off - that's the nature of her game allright:wavey:

Hmm.. When she was in good form since 2009 ?

debby
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM

very questionable for someone who reached her first Slam final for years ? wow :lol:

madmax
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
very questionable for someone who reached her first Slam final for years ? wow :lol:

Any Maria fan who followed her matches during this years Wimby could tell that her form was getting worse starting with the quarterfinal match against Cibulkova...not like it takes anything away from Kvitova and her sublime play, so in case you want to scream "excuses", don't;)

debby
Nov 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Any Maria fan who followed her matches during this years Wimby could tell that her form was getting worse starting with the quarterfinal match against Cibulkova...not like it takes anything away from Kvitova and her sublime play, so in case you want to scream "excuses", don't;)

EXCUSESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Material World
Nov 7th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Caro has it in her to win a slam, but she needs to adapt both her game and her playing programme. Drop the MM and focus all out on the big tourny's.

Maria - much as it pains me to say it, I don't think she'll win another. She's just too erratic these days and will nearly always play a stinker at some point in a slam.

Roookie
Nov 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM
None will happen :shrug:

atominside
Nov 7th, 2011, 10:52 PM
madmax you are a delusional embarassment.

Sombrerero loco
Nov 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM
caro for sure

cowsonice
Nov 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Given how there are fewer clay-courter contenders and how Maria's game has really suited clay (or the other way around), I'd say Maria.

Caroline is a non-factor on the natural surfaces, but she's definitely a contender for USO and AO, but there are tons of great hard courters with aggressive games, who all want to peak at the GS's so...:shrug:

ExtremespeedX
Nov 7th, 2011, 11:03 PM
This topic :weirdo:

Sharapova, obviously, since Caro has ZERO chance to win a slam.

Valanga
Nov 7th, 2011, 11:05 PM
If Sharapova can get her serve together in 7 matches, she can bag a slam earlier than caro (ever) can.
She has her chances in RG and Wimbledon this year but she blew both of them

Novichok
Nov 8th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Still Caroline. Probably next year.

AcesHigh
Nov 8th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Equal I think. I don't see either happening in 2012 unless the draw completely falls open

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 8th, 2011, 01:17 AM
If Sharapova can get her serve together in 7 matches, she can bag a slam earlier than caro (ever) can.
She has her chances in RG and Wimbledon this year but she blew both of them

As much as it PAINS me to do so, I agree with this. :( Her groundstrokes are still fire. :scared:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Neither's likely, but if I have to pick one...then Sharapova by a fringe. Old Sharapova is gone and ain't coming back, but she at least his a gmae that she CAN impose on her opponent. Caro is just so TOTALLY dependant on what her opponent does, just ain't a major-winning game.

Renalicious
Nov 8th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Sharapova's.

claypova
Nov 8th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Sharapova is only losing her matches by playing shit, while Caro gets absolutely blown off the court in her matches. so Sharapova :angel:

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
This topic :weirdo:

Sharapova, obviously, since Caro has ZERO chance to win a slam.

I don't think Caro has ZERO chance :lol: She has been in a slam final before and a few semis. With the right draw, she might probably snatch one :lol:

justineheninfan
Nov 8th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Since Wozniacki will never win a slam it would have to be Sharapova's first post injury slam. It is very possible neither will ever happen though.

Fighterpova
Nov 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Caro. She is still very young and will probably snatch a title at the USO defeating Pennetta/Wickmayer in the SF and Radwanska in the final :rolls:

Monzanator
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Because she's ranked #1 for two straight years. Nobody would be so hyped about all this if she was ranked lower :shrug: It's really simple :wavey:

The Dawntreader
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:04 PM
At this point, i think Pova's chances of winning a Slam are becoming steadily less than Wozniacki's chances. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong, but in the long-run it doesn't really hurt Sharapova

Tatcher
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Sharapova is only losing her matches by playing shit,
Probably, but she almost always plays shit :shrug:

Mistress of Evil
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
They should just go play doubles as a team coz that's their only chance of getting their hands on any GS trophy :awww:

The Dawntreader
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Caro. She is still very young and will probably snatch a title at the USO defeating Pennetta/Wickmayer in the SF and Radwanska in the final :rolls:

It's tragic how likely that is to happen.

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
You don't have to beat top players to win Wimbledon, as Maria, Serena and Venus' trips to finals post-2008 have shown. Unfortunately for Caro, she tends to underperform at Wimbledon.

madmax
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
are people still entertaining idea of Dullniacki winning a slam? She lost her slim chance in the last two years, when the tour was in shambles and erratic Fiona was playing shit tennis to win her slams...at least when Pova loses, she plays like shit and makes gazillion errors, while Dullniacki is just hopeless in both wins and defeats LOL

dsanders06
Nov 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Maria's more likely fo sho.

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Because she's ranked #1 for two straight years.

What does being #1 have to do with winning Slams? :scratch:

Adrian.
Nov 8th, 2011, 09:32 PM

Actually nothing :shrug:
Nowadays even Julia Cohen could be ranked #1 without even playing a WTA Tournament it seems :oh:

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Actually nothing :shrug:
Nowadays even Julia Cohen could be ranked #1 without even playing a WTA Tournament it seems :oh:

:spit: :happy:

MashaFan01
Nov 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Masha had to start all over again after her surgery - like a newbie - So how many newbies manage to climb from their #126 ranking spot to a top 5 place in little over 2 years?

Maria is still "learning" - All of you standing by the sidelines with your fat bellies (just joking) and bashing her - let's see how far you'll get after a - as so many experts have witnessed - career ending injury? - Maybe Masha hasn't reached her old level yet - and maybe she never will - but few top tennis players have the focus and the will to get there again - in spite of all the golden endorsement contracts - Few players can - like Masha - win a match on just will power - We've seen it so many times - and even commentators don't dare to give away the match to her opponent until the match ball has been hit

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Maria+Sharapova+Championships+Wimbledon+2011+Ix5qw WzkmX1l.jpg
Maria Sharapova - Wimbledon 2011 runner up

That said - I think that Masha's prospects look good to win another slam in 2012 - All that needs to happen is that Masha suddenly feels comfy with her serve and she feels that she doesn't need to worry about it to much anymore - Her serve is the key to her success - The rest of her game is already in place - the lethal returns - her movement on court - her forehand and her ground strokes - Maybe this will happen in January already? - Even years (2004 - 2006 - 2008) have been Masha's best years - As for Wozniacki - I don't think she'll win one this year either

Johnbert
Nov 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM
All that needs to happen is that Masha suddenly feels comfy with her serve and she feels that she doesn't need to worry about it to much anymore

people hoping for this since 4 years...

MashaFan01
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM
people hoping for this since 4 years...

Isn't there a saying - As long there is life there is hope? - Yep - Masha is still kickin' and shrieking and improving herself step by step - So who can deny the signs on the wall that her chances are good in getting there? - Who can state for sure that it would be a real surprise if Masha did win an additional slam in 2012?

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Not 4,3 years.

madmax
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Not 4,3 years.

actually it's been 2.5 years since Maria returned into action again after her injury...and her results are improving all the time too

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah.Since 2009 Warsaw.
So 2.5!

Results have improved A LOT.
And Maria was a lot closer to winning a slam ,than Caro was in 2011.

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Ok,the injury was just not any other 'normal' injury which heals in no time.
It was a 'career threatening injury' through which not many people have returned.
And Masha did.
As she said its step by step,its a process.
2009-2010 was BAD,she had some positives though like 2009 French , 2010 French vs Henin, and Wimbledon 2010 vs Se-Rena.
And in 2011,she went better Slam final,so I think 2012 will be a step ahead.
And Maria will win a slam before Caro.

Caro has been constantly going down.She hasn't made a slam final yet since 2009.

Johnbert
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:24 AM
And Maria was a lot closer to winning a slam ,than Caro was in 2011.

"a lot closer" :confused:

ok, she played the final in wimby with a cakedraw. but she had no chance there to win the match, haven't got matchpoint or even setpoint. she was far away from winning the title.

the same for woz at the us open as counter-example. she mad the semis there but wasn't close to the final at all, cause she got clearly beaten by serena there. but she was close to the final at australian open, wasted matchpoint against li in the semis...

at the end of the day, they both weren't really close to win a slam :shrug:

gulzhan
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM

Johnbert
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:29 AM

#1 shows the most consistent player of the last 52 weeks. so it has nothing to do with winning slams at all :shrug:

claypova
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:30 AM

ok, she played the final in wimby with a cakedraw. but she had no chance there to win the match, haven't got matchpoint or even setpoint. she was far away from winning the title.

the same for woz at the us open as counter-example. she mad the semis there but wasn't close to the final at all, cause she got clearly beaten by serena there. but she was close to the final at australian open, wasted matchpoint against li in the semis...

a final is closer to the title than a semifinal :hug:

madmax
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM

oh lookie, who's preaching here about "cakewalk" draws - a Dullniacki stan of them all?:lol: Do we need to remind you of US Open 09' draw for your fave or you can check it for yourself? Or how about her countless flukey draws in so called "Premier" events with injured/tired/headcase opponents retiring or self-destructing against her? Child please...

Johnbert
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:41 AM
a final is closer to the title than a semifinal :hug:

but you aren't "a lot closer" to the title, if you lose the final 3-6 4-6 in a onesided match. this is a naive miscalculation...

claypova
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:44 AM
but you aren't "a lot closer" to the title, if you lose the final 3-6 4-6 in a onesided match. this is a naive miscalculation...

but she was still closer :wavey:

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:47 AM

'Closer' was a word used to compare that Miss Maria Sharapova was in a Finals,which is one step behind a slam,while Princess Karoline was in SFs which is 2 steps behind a slam.

Disguised Carotards,gotta make them understand from the scratch. :facepalm:
Pity you have beautiful Sabine in your avie. :o

Johnbert
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM
oh lookie, who's preaching here about "cakewalk" draws - a Dullniacki stan of them all?:lol: Do we need to remind you of US Open 09' draw for your fave or you can check it for yourself? Or how about her countless flukey draws in so called "Premier" events with injured/tired/headcase opponents retiring or self-destructing against her? Child please...

that's all you have to say? :kiss: we talk about 2011, not 2009. i doesn't surprise me that you ignore the rest of my post and hang on with the "cakewalk". i also haven't contradicted that woz also had a cakewalk at the us 2009, so there's no big deal :shrug:

Johnbert
Nov 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Disguised Carotards,gotta make them understand from the scratch. :facepalm:
Pity you have beautiful Sabine in your avie. :o

so for povatards one step is "a lot" :facepalm:

Juju Nostalgique
Nov 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
None. :oh:

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
so for povatards one step is "a lot" :facepalm:

Oh God,you are lame! :facepalm:
One Step is less than 2 steps.I learned that in my first year at school,pity you haven't YET. :rolleyes:
We are comparing Sharapova and Caroline here. :facepalm:

mac47
Nov 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
They are both done. Pova will not have fewer injuries or more consistency, which are the things that are keeping her from regaining her slam-winning ways. And Caroline is a puzzle that the tour has figured out how to solve. New players are going to step up, and the window has closed.

Julian.
Jan 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I still think Masha has a chance to win a slam one day :awww:

justineheninfan
Jan 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
The question now amounts to will Maria win another slam or not, as it is becoming increasingly clear Woz will never win one. I still think she will sneak out 1 more slam at one point. No idea if that is this year, 2 years from now, or 4 years from now though. Of course it might well never happen.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Even Maria has her chances but she just couldn't bring it to the last hurdle.:lol:
I still believe Caro will win FIRST.:oh:

GrandMartha
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM
:cheer::oh:

Monzanator
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
This thread needs some browsing rewind now :lol:

flareon
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hehe, well done masha :)

gc-spurs
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:40 PM
The story of Maria and Caroline is like Harry and Voldemort's prophecy "and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives"

Woz at number 1 = Maria shit
Maria at number 1 = Woz shit

Renalicious
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I voted right. :oh:

Mashabator
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
:worship: NID

Maria Croft
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Well, well :oh:

RenaSlam.
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I was right, again.

serenafann
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I hope Caroline finds a way to win one,she is a sweet girl.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:41 PM
This was NID actually :shrug:.

MercuriePL
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:43 PM
LOL topic, the answer is definetely Wozniacki

Adal
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Well and Caroline winning a slam seems very unlikely right now.

dsanders06
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM
This was NID actually :shrug:.

Like seriously.

Stonerpova
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:52 PM

Yep.

Time for you to update the avi and sig :cheer:

Maria4Ever
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM

Maybe it is just me but I still believe she will win one, possibly RG or Wimbledon

bandabou
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:09 PM
It was always gonna be either Maria wins another or '08 oz open was Maria's last.

Adal
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Yep.

Time for you to update the avi and sig :cheer:
Will do! :D

NashaMasha
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I hope Caroline finds a way to win one,she is a sweet girl.

sure sure, but just after Andy Murray :lol:

Israel
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Voted now :D