PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova to play Brisbane International 2012

Julian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:24 AM
IeNO5w7vEKk

Thank God it seems that she doesn't play in Hong Kong anymore :lol:

Since Brisbane is now a premier tournament, she can now play a premier tournament before Aussie Open as she usually refuses to play in Sydney as it is held the week before the grand slam.

Jane Lane
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:26 AM
So this was their "big announcement" on Twitter? They made it sound like they'd be the first to have a tournament in space or something.

Julian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:27 AM
So this was their "big announcement" on Twitter? They made it sound like they'd be the first to have a tournament in space or something.

:lol:

Uranium
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:29 AM
If only the other Hong Kong regular would follow suit.

And it is weird to be thinking about Australia already.

longtin23
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:31 AM
IeNO5w7vEKk

Since Brisbane is now a premier tournament, she can now play a premier tournament before Aussie Open as she usually refuses to play in Sydney as it is held the week before the grand slam.

It's not she doesn't play in Hong Kong anymore...

She is blacklisted by the tournament director and won't invite her anymore because he says she changed a lot from her debut in Hong Kong,,, she is not as nice as Wozniacki (obviously he wants prefer Wozniacki then Sharapova). Especially after her sudden withdrawl from Hong Kong to Auckland/Brisbane (??). The director said he is disappointed with this withdrawl cause they have planned everything and suddenly neded to find somebody else...

M.P
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:32 AM
IeNO5w7vEKk

it had been said since she withdraw Hong Kongthis year, the tournament director no longer interested in inviting Sharapova

Julian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:33 AM

She is blacklisted by the tournament director and won't invite her anymore because he says she changed a lot from her debut in Hong Kong,,, she is not as nice as Wozniacki (obviously he wants prefer Wozniacki then Sharapova). Especially after her sudden withdrawl from Hong Kong to Auckland/Brisbane (??). The director said he is disappointed with this withdrawl cause they have planned everything and suddenly neded to find somebody else...

A wise decision from Maria ;)

thegreendestiny
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:50 AM

Maria was blacklisted? :tape:

I'd prefer her to play in Auckland instead. She would give that tournament a better boost than Brisbane which would attract more elite players.

gc-spurs
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:53 AM
it had been said since she withdraw Hong Kongthis year, the tournament director no longer interested in inviting Sharapova

Works out well because Maria/Hogstedt have no interest in warmup exhos.

Reptilia
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Brisbane will probably be the new Sydney with huge stacked fields.

NA-GOAT
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:00 AM
:eek:

hope NaNa will not go Hong Kong :help:

goldlion
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Decline however the 'tournament director' wants, Sharapova is way more popular than Wozniacki in Hong Kong and it's very obvious that Sharapova means business in tennis unlike Wozniacki likes to hover exhos for appearance fee. Sharapova can be fun with tennis when the season is over but since Hong Kong exho is in the beginning of the year and Sharapova treated it as warm-up event for Australian Open. With that kind of attitude in her mind, how can she be nice as Wozniacki and apparently that exho messed up the schedule for the players in the following week. Woz and Zvonaerva lost in first match in Sydney due to the time, weather and court difference.

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:59 AM
.. With that kind of attitude in her mind, how can she be nice as Wozniacki and apparently that exho messed up the schedule for the players in the following week. Woz and Zvonaerva lost in first match in Sydney due to the time, weather and court difference.The goal is the AO, Caro & Vera were in the AO SF.
The 2 players they played made the Sydney final. Just shows there's different ways to prepare.

King Halep
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Decline however the 'tournament director' wants, Sharapova is way more popular than Wozniacki in Hong Kong and it's very obvious that Sharapova means business in tennis unlike Wozniacki likes to hover exhos for appearance fee. Sharapova can be fun with tennis when the season is over but since Hong Kong exho is in the beginning of the year and Sharapova treated it as warm-up event for Australian Open. With that kind of attitude in her mind, how can she be nice as Wozniacki and apparently that exho messed up the schedule for the players in the following week. Woz and Zvonaerva lost in first match in Sydney due to the time, weather and court difference.

it should be "hoover"

BlueTrees
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Great news. :eek:

tennis-insomniac
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Good god, she looks cuter than ever :hearts: Thanks for the video Julian-san :)

Serenus Christ
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I hope Serena and Venus play here aswell then I'll be able to see EVERYONE!

longtin23
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I think one sister will play in Hong Kong...

Lachy
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:51 AM
This is a dream come true :inlove: :drool: Please don't withdraw Maria :lol: :awww:

Mikey.
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Brisbane's new status is totally going to kill Sydney. :sobbing:

Steven.
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Shame for Sydney... but I wonder how this will set up Maria's AO campaign next year.

Gilas.
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:33 AM
:hearts: But still way too far from me. Please let there be a Middle easten International tourney to replace Brissy's spot. Or at least an exho in Abu Dhabi like the men's. :p

SwingVolley93
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Who the fuck cares?

claypova
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:23 AM
:o

Mashabator
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Works out well because Maria/Hogstedt have no interest in warmup exhos.
:lol: :worship:

Also.... YAY MARIA, im exciting shes done with HK

Svetlana)))
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Player forum

Huntress55
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:15 AM
:woohoo:

Please let nothing happen to change this, as I shall be there :D

madmax
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:40 AM
good...the less stupid exhos right before a slam, the better. It's not like it would have made a difference this year however, since her form was total utter crap, but with a new coach and new approach hopefully things will be better in Australia than in the last two years

longtin23
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hey,,, Hong Kong is short and you can play two matches with some top players... you have chance to practise with top players like Woz/Williams/Li... But all the things in Hong KOng are not confirmed yet...including date and players...

goldlion
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
It's better to have some real matches before a Grand Slam since the conditions are different.

In an exho, players don't play at full capacity but we all know Maria treats it seriously.

So it's better to play in a real tournament then a 50% one

Andy.
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I'm so so happy and booking my ticket to Brisbane!!!!

18majors
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM
^Lucky you!

18majors
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM

It's about Maria. It's more important than staging a tennis tournament in space.

denny5576
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:17 PM
This is a dream come true :inlove: :drool: Please don't withdraw Maria :lol: :awww:
She signed a contract. They pay her much more than Auckland. Will not play only if injured.

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Great, great decision. As one of the main star of the events, she is almost assured to play every match on CC, which in Brisbane is an indoor court. No wind and other natural elements fucking up Maria's play. :hearts:

Who the fuck cares that that Hong Kong director blacklisted Maria? He's stuck with only Venus (is she still playing there next year?) as main attraction now.

longtin23
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Great, great decision. As one of the main star of the events, she is almost assured to play every match on CC, which in Brisbane is an indoor court. No wind and other natural elements fucking up Maria's play. :hearts:

Who the fuck cares that that Hong Kong director blacklisted Maria? He's stuck with only Venus (is she still playing there next year?) as main attraction now.

Nope, the director use Wozniacki/Li and those former ATP players like Edberg/Paradon to attract us...

!VamosRafa!
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Oh noes:hysteric:
Kim, Petra, Azarenka and NaNa will probably play there :scared:

doooma6816
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Oh noes:hysteric:
Kim, Petra, Azarenka and NaNa will probably play there :scared:

and?:D She'll beat them. :rocker2:

Na Li will probably play in Hong Kong..

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:15 PM
GREAT DECISION. :hearts:

I really disliked that Hong Kong exhibition. Thank you thank you thank you. :hearts:

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
What kind of Premier is it going to be though? One like Stanford (small draw and less points) or one like Rome (big draw + lots of points)?

18majors
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
^My bet it is a Premier event with 32 draw and 470 ranking points for winner.

dsanders06
Jul 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
As one of the main star of the events, she is almost assured to play every match on CC, which in Brisbane is an indoor court. No wind and other natural elements fucking up Maria's play. :hearts:.

Wait... by indoors, do you mean it has a retractable roof that they roll on when it rains? Or it's ALWAYS indoors? If the latter... then I'm not sure I like the sound of that. It wouldn't exactly be very good preparation for the AO. :unsure:

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Wait... by indoors, do you mean it has a retractable roof that they roll on when it rains? Or it's ALWAYS indoors? If the latter... then I'm not sure I like the sound of that. It wouldn't exactly be very good preparation for the AO. :unsure:
Pat Rafter Arena is always indoors if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's that bad, AO has retractable roofs too so no biggie.

gc-spurs
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Pat Rafter Arena is always indoors if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's that bad, AO has retractable roofs too so no biggie.

Thank god you didn't change your avatar so you cant confuse me with this name change the way Teerin-chan did.

Break My Rapture
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Thank god you didn't change your avatar so you cant confuse me with this name change the way Teerin-chan did.
LOL. :oh:

goldlion
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Perhaps I should also buy tickets to Brissy to watch her instead of Melbourne.

Maria Croft
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:20 AM
That's awesome, another year, another actual WTA event :D

goldlion
Jul 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I bet Auckland got outbid by Brisbane in terms of appearance fee, plus also the status of the tournament. I didn't know that the appearance fee was USD 100,000; I thought it was USD 50,000 as it was claimed reasonable.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM

I was trying to be discreet. :oh:

Slampova
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Yay Maria, no more stupid HK :cheer:

18majors
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Perhaps I should also buy tickets to Brissy to watch her instead of Melbourne.

That would be fun!