PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in or around San Diego during august?

The Witch-king
Jul 12th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Any suggestions?

Helen Lawson
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I heard the Dan and Linda Broderick murder house is for sale, I'd call the realtor and pose as a buyer to get inside and check out the master bedroom and the back kitchen door where Betty snuck in. But I'm mentally ill. Betty was just denied parole.

The zoo is really cool.

fantic
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:31 AM
watch USTA National (G18 junior tennis tournament) at Barnes tennis center in early August. Most of the top US juniors play it.

The Witch-king
Jul 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I heard the Dan and Linda Broderick murder house is for sale, I'd call the realtor and pose as a buyer to get inside and check out the master bedroom and the back kitchen door where Betty snuck in. But I'm mentally ill. Betty was just denied parole.

The zoo is really cool.

:unsure: Uh thanks

watch USTA National (G18 junior tennis tournament) at Barnes tennis center in early August. Most of the top US juniors play it.
Cool :)

fantic
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:04 PM
here's the link (http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/TournamentHome/Players.aspx?T=95056&L=E&E=1) I might visit too :lol:

If you go there and have camera please take some pics or record some videos. :)

G-Ha
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Depends what you like to do. The real touristy things to do are the zoo, wild animal park, Legoland and sea world. Coronado Island is nice with the Hotel del Coronado. Loads of nice beaches like La Jolla shores and beach towns like Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach. Pacific Beach has lots of restaurants and bars and it's a pretty young crowd. Downtown with the historic Gaslamp Quarter has lots of good restaurants. Hillcrest is the gay part of town and has some of the best restaurants. Good (mostly high-end) shopping at Fashion Valley. Balboa Park is also nice and it has several museums.

ArturoAce.
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I'm going down there for the weekend of the 23rd. We're going to Sea World and La Jolla Beaches... :D

njnetswill
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Del Mar's beaches are nicer than La Jolla's, in my opinion.

The Witch-king
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone. Any ideas about some non-obvious/famous things to do (like the beaches or the zoo)?

Also, anybody have any advice about attending the WTA tournament? Which days would be best or any info that may be necesary?

here's the link (http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/TournamentHome/Players.aspx?T=95056&L=E&E=1) I might visit too :lol:

If you go there and have camera please take some pics or record some videos. :)

I saw what you posted before you edited it out ;)

njnetswill
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I usually went on Quarterfinal Friday. The tournament is pretty intimate and you might bump into someone like Richard Williams in the parking lot, like I did, or Rainer Hoffman near the bathroom :spit:

fantic
Jul 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I saw what you posted before you edited it out ;)

:lol: I think it'll be all right ;) Don't be afraid! :lol:

as others said it's pretty intimate, players walk right beside you and some watches the match at the stand. you might get a photo or autography from Eva Asderaki too :lol:
And other stands beside the Main stadium are a bit small , it can get full pretty fast.

antonella
Jul 13th, 2011, 07:00 PM
You can't leave San Diego without trying it's famous fish tacos. The best one's are at cheap places such as the Mamá Testa Taqueria, the South Beach Bar & Grill and The Tin Fish near the stadium.

stay away from Rubio's (too commercialized!).

http://blog.sandiego.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rubios_fish_taco-300x177.jpg