PDA

View Full Version : Where are the women commentators?

Jakeev
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Just curious why there wasn't a female commentator this past weekend for either the Bastad or Budapest event at least for Tennis Channel?

Wimbledon9
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Lindsay Davenport has to rest because of complications of her pregnancy, Martina Navratilova only does grandslams and the rest I do not know.

ivan55k
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:18 AM
on Eurosport are 3 women commentators :)and they are good.

Excelscior
Jul 12th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I guess that tournament was too crappy for Sam Smith. Lol

$uricate
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I dont know if its just the slams but I always get the feeling they pass over knowledgable female commentators for men who know nothing just because they're men.

I heard one the other day say it was MP when it was SP, and insisted on saying 0-30 was a mini-break every time.

I'm so bored of having to listen to Lindsay Davenport or Sam Smith paired up with someone who apparently doesn't need any tennis knowledge just cause he's a guy.

Empressive
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM
They need to hire commentator GOAT Marry Carillo. :oh:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I dont know if its just the slams but I always get the feeling they pass over knowledgable female commentators for men who know nothing just because they're men.

I heard one the other day say it was MP when it was SP, and insisted on saying 0-30 was a mini-break every time.

I'm so bored of having to listen to Lindsay Davenport or Sam Smith paired up with someone who apparently doesn't need any tennis knowledge just cause he's a guy.
What is noticable at Wimbledon is that you always get a team of one man and one woman to commentate on the women's matches and a team of two or three men to commentate on the men's matches. Women are never allowed to commentate on a men's match, but there are always men commentating on women's matches. If McEnroe can have his say on a Sharapova match I don't see why Davenport couldn't do the same on a Federer match.

BlueTrees
Jul 12th, 2011, 08:57 AM
They need to hire commentator GOAT Marry Carillo. :oh:

The OP asked for women commentators. :oh:

Patrick S
Jul 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Åsa Svensson :hearts: commentated for Swedish tv at Båstad.

Excelscior
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM

It's so funny you said that. Cause the two men I heard Sam Smith with on two separate occasions were totally idiots and added nothing to the Broadcast. She ran circles around both of them with player knowledge, stadium dynamics, tennis dynamics and player background info. I did hear two women do a game one time as well during Wimby (for what's that's worth).

edificio
Jul 12th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Preparing for the hardcourt season. :lol:

Simon or Chris would say: shopping. No doubt.

Pump-it-UP
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM
The OP asked for women commentators. :oh:

:rolls:

Mary should stick to badminton.

Sean.
Jul 13th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Tracy Austin & Sam Smith teamed up a couple of times during Wimbledon & they made and amazing team! They both knew what they were talking about and had a good rapport which eachother.