PDA

View Full Version : Bad Gastein Q3: Shapatava def. Rottmann 4-6 6-2 6-4

joe87
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Nice fighting from these girls. :yeah:

Loved it when Sofia choked at *4-3 final set, and then Nicole choked back even harder. :rolls:

Petkorazzi
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
It's a shame Rottmann's level dropped after the first set, the short patch when they both were playing at their best was amazing. :)

Good win for Sofia, first ever WTA main draw. :D Some very hard hitting from her :drool:

Mistress of Evil
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
the Karolina clone lost :tears: but hey she has good taste :hehehe:

joe87
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I was impressed with both too. Even a bit shocked about Rottmann, she beat like 5 Top-500-players in her whole carrer so I thought she would be much weaker.

Petkorazzi
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I was impressed with both too. Even a bit shocked about Rottmann, she beat like 5 Top-500-players in her whole carrer so I thought she would be much weaker.
And Shapatava like never beats anyone in top 500 outside East Europe/Kazakhstan. :rolls:

Rottmann hit some great backhands when she went for it :eek:

joe87
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM
And Shapatava like never beats anyone in top 500 outside East Europe/Kazakhstan. :rolls:

Oh, I didn't know. :oh:

But she has some potential for sure. :cool:

Adrian.
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM
:eek:

RR-87
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Rottmann was struggling in ITF qualies few years ago and now she almost qualified for WTA MD :eek: :worship:

Beat
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
what a pity this girl isn't called shatapava. :oh:

Rainmaker
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
******* had more than 2 million € turnover on this match, this usually is about the amount of money placed on a GS final between federer and nadal, certainly not the sum youd expect on a 1st round match between two rather unknown semi-professionls. you really have to wonder.........

Petkorazzi
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM
******* had more than 2 million € turnover on this match, this usually is about the amount of money placed on a GS final between federer and nadal, certainly not the sum youd expect on a 1st round match between two rather unknown semi-professionls. you really have to wonder.........
No way :spit:
I watched the match and it was a huge battle till the last point, and both girls gave their all. There's no way this one was rigged.

SVK
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah, just pure speculation, not even a strange odd pattern in this one. You have over 2 millions matched on every single televised match, and this was televised match, it´s different story when you have no stream but when you can watch it, everybody prefers to bet such match...Not true that 2 millions is a huge amount for R1 of MM...Robredo - Volandri 2,140 mil. Zahlavova - Hradecka 2,491 mil and Benesova - Hofmannova 2,153 mil...just today...Wozniacki - Cornet reached over 3 millions last week...all TV matches , all 2 setters (2 retirements even), this was dramatic 3 setter so even more time to bet..people are always betting a huuuge amount of money when it goes to ending stages btw and this wasn´t even almost able to beat those who finished in 2...for example non TV match Pospisil - Stakhovsky despite being 3 sets drama reached just over 1 million...that makes the main difference, this wasn´t suspicious...and you must be stupid to make something suspicious on TV match, you are recorded...(although it already happened but between some shameless and known examples)

Ballbasher
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:15 PM
It's a shame Rottmann's level dropped after the first set, the short patch when they both were playing at their best was amazing. :)

Good win for Sofia, first ever WTA main draw. :D Some very hard hitting from her :drool:
She was in R2 in Tashkent before in 2008. nbeatingKinnie Laisne in R1) :oh:

Actually I was also quite surprised by the quality displayed. :)

Halepsova
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I don't know any of these players. :o

Linguae^
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Sorry to ask that, but where the fank is that funny Kinnie Laisne now?! :worship:

Xian
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Sorry to ask that, but where the fank is that funny Kinnie Laisne now?! :worship:

just coming back from injury and played 25.000$ Zwevegem, Belgium