PDA

View Full Version : If Ivanovic lost that 08 RG Final would she have the same backlash Wozniacki has?

shoparound
Jul 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM
If she lost that final, but the rest of her career remained the same (#1, bad slump after the final), would she have had the same backlash Wozniacki is having?

edificio
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Maybe she wouldn't have slumped so precipitously. Doesn't matter, though, she'll always have that slam and her endorsements to comfort her.

Lucemferre
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:06 PM
The only reason she won a major and held no1 ranking was henin's retirement:tape:

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Worse, because look at Safina. Nearly completely identical: First slam final at RG, under perform as the surprise finalist; second slam final at AO, lose to another slam champ, and choke in two different ways (Ana had chances in the first set; Safina just choked in the moment again and faced SlamFinalRena); third slam final at Roland Garros as the heavy favorite, and then choke it away (didn't happen to Ana, Safina wasn't the same) and have one stand out slam run since (Ana still pending, Safina = Wimbledon 2009 SF) and then fall off the face of the earth.

Ana would probably get it worse because 2007-2008 was really the window of opportunity because Serena was just getting over the quarterfinal slump and by 2008, Justine was done, Maria had shoulder problems, and Venus was terrible on clay and had just lost to Ivanovic in Melbourne. Had she not won a major then, she never would get one.

That being said, 3rd time was the charm for her (fortunately) and the pivotal tournament was really, IMO, Wimbledon 2008. Had she managed to escape Zheng, she could have beaten Szavay on grass and at least made the quarters where, against Nicole, anything could have happened. She could have been facing Serena in the semifinal and her confidence would probably have not suffered such a dip had she lost then.

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:09 PM
The only reason she won a major and held no1 ranking was henin's retirement:tape:

Then how do you explain the fact that Sharapova, Jankovic, and Kuznetsova could have taken it from Ana in that same tournament, and could have taken it from her at Wimbledon?

Sammo
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Even more :lol:

Spring Pools
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM

Not really. If she didn't choke in 2007, she would have had a chance at beating Henin in the final.

Lucemferre
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Not really. If she didn't choke in 2007, she would have had a chance at beating Henin in the final.

:haha:

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Now...if Sharapova playing the match of her life against Justine in the Masters' final couldn't beat 2007-tine on arguably a poorer surface for her, what in God's name makes you think that 2007 Ana could beat 2007 Justine on CLAY!??????

currie84
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Ana would probably get it worse because 2007-2008 was really the window of opportunity because Serena was just getting over the quarterfinal slump and by 2008, Justine was done, Maria had shoulder problems, and Venus was terrible on clay and had just lost to Ivanovic in Melbourne. Had she not won a major then, she never would get one.

Sharapova was no match for prime Baby Anci as proven by 2007's annihilation.Neither was Serena of course who couldn't even get past Penetta.Prime Baby Anci was by far the best clay court player after Henin and her RG was only a logical result.

AnomyBC
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:24 PM
If that had happened, she would have been criticized much more than Wozniacki. She would have been seen the way people currently see Safina, and Safina would have been seen the way people currently see Ivanovic (well... minus the hotness of course.)

Spring Pools
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Sharapova was no match for prime Baby Anci as proven by 2007's annihilation.Neither was Serena of course who couldn't even get past Penetta.Prime Baby Anci was by far the best clay court player after Henin and her RG was only a logical result.

Exactly. Ivanovic only lost three games to Sharapova at Roland Garros. Also, if you watch the replay, she choked after winning the first game and three points. But before the choke, She was hitting Juju off the court and had the match in her hands.

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Serena lost to K. Srebotnik, but yes. That explains 2 opponents, but Kuznetsova played Ana tough in Berlin back in 2007 and at Roland Garros' middle set of their quarterfinal, and Jelena really could have taken that semifinal back in 2008 had she kept her head. It was a tie between the Serbs for who was best after Justine on clay back in 2007-2008, because Jelena was a 2 time Rome champion, back to back, 2 time Roland Garros semifinalist, and also played well in Berlin with 2 semifinals back to back, and captured Charleston and made the finals of Warsaw. She's only lost to Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Henin, and Ivanovic on clay at that point. Ana had lost to Dementieva, Henin, Pironkova (?????), Golovin. It was in the realm of possibility that Ana could have just lost the title.

eDonkey
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Not at all. :shrug:

Wozniacki gets all that shit cause she was never against the very top players at their peak. It is true that it is not her fault that they dropped their level at the same time she raised hers.Unlike Ivanovic, Jankovic and Safina she hasn't had some real quality wins.
She is too defensive but she get all that defence to a completely new level as well so comparisons with other defenders in terms of rankings can hardly be made.:confused:

Matt01
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Exactly. Ivanovic only lost three games to Sharapova at Roland Garros. Also, if you watch the replay, she choked after winning the first game and three points. But before the choke, She was hitting Juju off the court and had the match in her hands.

Baby Anci. :hearts: For almost 2 games she had the match in her hands :worship:

:lol:

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Baby Anci. :hearts: For almost 2 games she had the match in her hands :worship:

:lol:

:lol: So much control, right?

Spring Pools
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
:lol: So much control, right?

Well, then she choked. But if she had played consistently like that (Like she did against Sharapova) she would have definitely made it closer if not won it.

duhcity
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM
No, because she would have had at least 2 slam finals in her ranking while she was no1.
On the flipside, Dinara would likely be a two time French Open Champ :hearts:

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I totally give you that one. Imagine, Mlle. Ivanovic...2 time Roland-Garros champ!

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:31 PM
It would be bad, but not as bad as Wozniacki's.

danieln1
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM
No, because Ana style of play is the opposite of Wozniacki, and a lot of people just hates Caro style of play, sometimes even pushing, and it contributes to the criticism she receives

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
No, because Ana style of play is the opposite of Wozniacki, and a lot of people just hates Caro style of play, sometimes even pushing, and it contributes to the criticism she receives

That is also very, very, very true. If Ana was a pusher (:lol: at this idea), then I'm sure she would be hearing about it.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Even with the slam Ana was bashed. But yeah the bashing would have been worse, at least Woz has sustained some level of consistency Ana just nosedived :o

Solitaire
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Prob not as bad as Caro but it would still be pretty bad. If you're a slamless number one people will always give you flack for it.

VeeJJ
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I don't get why so many people associate 2008 and Ivanovic together so much. Her tennis was not that great that year and her slam run was rather easy IMHO but still fairly validated. I thought that she played much better tennis in 2007 than in 2008. When people talk about her getting her 2008 game back, she wouldn't be getting much back I don't think.

miffedmax
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:24 AM
We'd be "Ana who?"

Her place in tennis history, such as it is, is based far more on her winning the FO than it is her brief reign at #1.

Part of what makes Woz so symbolic of the dysfunction of the WTA current state is her ability to remain #1 for such a loooooooong time without winning a slam. Amelie justified her claim with two slams; Safina had a modest reign at #1 and did at least reach some decent finals. Woz is able to win everywhere but slams; others win slams but can't seem to grab the #1 spot. This disconnect is at the heart of most people's discontent with the WTA.

If Kvitova continues to come on, we may finally "see the belts unified" and have a top player who's also a threat at slams.

But Ana's time at #1 was brief and enough that even if she doesn't win her slam, I think most people write her off to the churn of the immediate post-Justine era. Without her slam, I think she pretty much slides down the charts into obscurity.

But she has one. So she doesn't.

In The Zone
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Ivanovic wasn't #1 for very long ... and Henin's retirement left a huge gap. No one was angry with that.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Prob not as bad as Caro but it would still be pretty bad. If you're a slamless number one people will always give you flack for it.
And that's kinda weird. If you're a slamless #5, #4, #3 or #2 people will praise you for having done so well. If you're a slamless #1 they will only beat you up for having had the nerve to do even better.

atominside
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:15 AM

:help: total utterly pure bullshit.

Spring Pools
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:31 AM

How is it bullshit? Ivanovic beat Sharapova and lost a huge total of three games in the process.

Curtos07
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Ana has gotten just as much if not more backlash than Caro has WITH a slam. So I don't quite understand this thread. :confused:

KBlade
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM

This. Prime Serena would eat Ivanovic and her poor backhand / serve alive.

Pops Maellard
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:47 AM
This. Prime Serena would eat Ivanovic and her poor backhand / serve alive.
Ana's serve '08 and before was anything but poor. ;)

thegreendestiny
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:57 AM

Prime example of a delusional Anci fan. They come cheap by the dozen. :oh:

atominside
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:22 AM
How is it bullshit? Ivanovic beat Sharapova and lost a huge total of three games in the process.

you remember their meeting some months later in Madrid? or at the Aussie '08 final?
Madrid Sharapova def. Ivanovic 6-2 6-1
AUSOPN Sharapova def. Ivanovic 7-5 6-3

Come on theres no match. NEXT!

Horizon
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:54 AM

1. Brilliant isn't it? Although at least there are plenty of us Ancitards... whereas in Caro's army there only seems to be, well, you :oh:

2. Whilst I agree it is delusional to suggest she would have won, he only said she had a chance. And what he says is true - Ana did have the control for a grand total of a game and a bit :lol: A true HOF acheivment, I think.

KBlade
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Ana's serve '08 and before was anything but poor. ;)

It was solid, but not extra-ordinary. Serena still straight setted Ana in their only match where Ana's serve could be considered weapon/advantage, admittedly during 2006 when Ana was still young, although this could be counter-balanced some what by the fact that Serena played something like 10 matches for the whole of that year. They have never really played one another where Ana has been at the top of her game, but I'm confident she wouldn't make much of an impact, serve or not, at their respective peaks.

Horizon
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:04 AM
It was solid, but not extra-ordinary. Serena still straight setted Ana in their only match where Ana's serve could be considered weapon/advantage, admittedly during 2006 when Ana was still young, although this could be counter-balanced some what by the fact that Serena played something like 10 matches for the whole of that year. They have never really played one another where Ana has been at the top of her game, but I'm confident she wouldn't make much of an impact, serve or not, at their respective peaks.
Nobody said anything about vs. peak Serena.

Everyone on TF knows peak Serena would double bagel everyone that has ever played the game. :drool: The off-season polls said so.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/462/129368769514165.gif

Caralenko
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Worse, because look at Safina. Nearly completely identical: First slam final at RG, under perform as the surprise finalist; second slam final at AO, lose to another slam champ, and choke in two different ways (Ana had chances in the first set; Safina just choked in the moment again and faced SlamFinalRena); third slam final at Roland Garros as the heavy favorite, and then choke it away (didn't happen to Ana, Safina wasn't the same) and have one stand out slam run since (Ana still pending, Safina = Wimbledon 2009 SF) and then fall off the face of the earth.

Wtf is this shit. Ana Ivanovic did not have a life changing injury.

VeeJJ
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:31 AM
When are Ana fans gonna get that she did NOT have to play her best tennis and DID NOT do so to get her slam. She got a great draw and a headcase JJ. Pretty sue that's a dream draw for any player. It's not like she had to play the tennis of her life i.e. Schiavone RG '10 or Li RG '11 to get her slam. This is one of the reasons why I hate that there is always this RG 08 comparison. Great you won a slam, but lets be honest, we both know the opposition wasn't really difficult. It's like saying that Mauresmo thinks her best form was at AO '06 because it was her first salm and she played so well to get there, meanwhile 3 of her opponents retired :tape:

goldlion
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Sharapova had shoulder problem in 2007 and she was hitting 150kmph first serve at that time and still managed to get to semi final in Paris. Ivanovic was supposed to beat her given her form.

Once a player has won a grand slam, respect follows and this title will be mentioned from time to time, unlike slamless number 1. Which one is better? Isn't it clear?

doomsday
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Sharapova had shoulder problem in 2007 and she was hitting 150kmph first serve at that time and still managed to get to semi final in Paris. Ivanovic was supposed to beat her given her form.

Once a player has won a grand slam, respect follows and this title will be mentioned from time to time, unlike slamless number 1. Which one is better? Isn't it clear?

THIS. Maria's shoulder was seriously damaged she hit only 1 ace the whole tournament and it was solely because Patty raised her hand cause she wasn't ready to return:lol: when you see how Maria destroyed Ana in their last two meetings(6162-7563) you know sth was wrong with Maria in Paris but Ana played well on her side and was in better form.

shoparound
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Ana has gotten just as much if not more backlash than Caro has WITH a slam. So I don't quite understand this thread. :confused:

:lol: you guys don't go here very often do you?
Every tournament Caro plays, each page of GM is filled with 80% criticism and hatred.
And when she actually loses :help: floodgates open

goldlion
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Caroline was popular a year ago, she's still popular now here just in a different way.

Because now Caroline not only frustrates her opponents but also tennis fans, and especially her fans that need to open up every thread to cheer her up which eventually drew heaps of criticism. I don't hate her as a person, just her game.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:56 AM
this whole coulda/woulda/shoulda threads are so dumb :yawn:
furthermore, attacking such a dead wood as Baby Anci is beyond classless
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/tennis/6ntq1g.gif

bandabou
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Moot point...she DID win it, so in the end..it's all up to Caro now. Consistency is good, now peak at the majors.

currie84
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:59 AM

i'm talking about clay,where Ana owned Sharapova and Serena hasn't been a factor for years now.deal with it

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
When are Ana fans gonna get that she did NOT have to play her best tennis and DID NOT do so to get her slam. She got a great draw and a headcase JJ. Pretty sue that's a dream draw for any player. It's not like she had to play the tennis of her life i.e. Schiavone RG '10 or Li RG '11 to get her slam. This is one of the reasons why I hate that there is always this RG 08 comparison. Great you won a slam, but lets be honest, we both know the opposition wasn't really difficult. It's like saying that Mauresmo thinks her best form was at AO '06 because it was her first salm and she played so well to get there, meanwhile 3 of her opponents retired :tape:

TBH, when I say that she played a great tennis, I think about her tennis, not about the opponents. And her draw wasn't so great. She had to play against Wozniacki, Lucie Šafarova, Patty, Dinara, and yeah, JJ. JJ is a headcase, it's true, but guess what - Ana is a headcase too. :eek: JJ was leading in the first set and lost it, Ana was leading in a second set and lost, I don't know, 8 games in a row??? :confused: What did happen? JJ hit her off the court or she just choked? :confused: I love them both, but it's kinda unfair to discredit Ana just because JJ supposedly choked.

Anyway, the first part of 2008 was better than the whole 2007 season for Ana. AO final + FO title >>> FO final + Wimbledon semifinal. RG, IW + Linz >>> Berlin, LA + Luxembourg. #1 >>> #4 etc. Maybe she didn't play her very best tennis in every match, but who does? :shrug:

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:38 AM
No disrespect, Ana was very talented and hopefully can find her game... That said, her 08 RG draw was absolutely delicious. I would literally take a life for one of my faves to get a draw that easy. As of 08, Wozniacki was a non-factor, Patty and Lucie have never been threats at the majors, and Dinara is unfortunately a BYE in a final. Essentially all she had to do is get past her bitch JJ, which was a given. She literally had a catwalk TO the title.

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
No disrespect, Ana was very talented and hopefully can find her game... That said, her 08 RG draw was absolutely delicious. I would literally take a life for one of my faves to get a draw that easy. As of 08, Wozniacki was a non-factor, Patty and Lucie have never been threats at the majors, and Dinara is unfortunately a BYE in a final. Essentially all she had to do is get past her bitch JJ, which was a given. She literally had a catwalk TO the title.

Serena, Venus, Ana and JJ were in the same part of the draw, while in the other part of the draw were Safina, Elena, Masha and Sveta. But Serena lost to Srebotnik and Venus lost to Flavia (OK, Flavia has a good h2h with Venus). I love Katarina and Flavia, but they shouldn't be threats at the majors for WS, right? So, Ana's draw wasn't better than their draw, but she didn't fail. That's pretty much it.

Break My Rapture
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM

That being said, 3rd time was the charm for her (fortunately) and the pivotal tournament was really, IMO, Wimbledon 2008. Had she managed to escape Zheng, she could have beaten Szavay on grass and at least made the quarters where, against Nicole, anything could have happened. She could have been facing Serena in the semifinal and her confidence would probably have not suffered such a dip had she lost then.
Baby Anci was extremely fortunate to even make it to Zheng, who calmly whiped the floor with her anyway.

currie84
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Serena, Venus, Ana and JJ were in the same part of the draw, while in the other part of the draw were Safina, Elena, Masha and Sveta. But Serena lost to Srebotnik and Venus lost to Flavia (OK, Flavia has a good h2h with Venus). I love Katarina and Flavia, but they shouldn't be threats at the majors for WS, right? So, Ana's draw wasn't better than their draw, but she didn't fail. That's pretty much it.

quote for the win.The soft draw argument used by haters to tarnish Baby Anci's triumph is ridiculous.She faced arguably the two most in form clay court players in the semis and the final s well as a tricky VETERAN in the quarters and a number 1 in her first steps on the 3rd round.Not her fault Williams sisters have been irrelevant in clay for so long and couldn't get past the huge obstacles of Penetta and Srebotnik:tape:

Still rolling in laughter remembering the famous Anna K's formula which determined how hard a road to a slam was,and according to which a win over Mauresmo or Venus in 2008 on CLAY would give more points than a win against Jankovic or Safina :lol:

Remix13
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Still rolling in laughter remembering the famous Anna K's formula which determined how hard a road to a slam was,and according to which a win over Mauresmo or Venus in 2008 on CLAY would give more points than a win against Jankovic or Safina :lol:

What's this famous formula ?

Vee Williams
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:31 PM
No disrespect to the poster of this thread, but the question is absurd. If we lived on the moon... or if we had 3 eyes...

Beat
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:33 PM
If she lost that final, but the rest of her career remained the same (#1, bad slump after the final), would she have had the same backlash Wozniacki is having?

she had a backlash despite winning the FO, so the answer to your question would be: yes.

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM
quote for the win.The soft draw argument used by haters to tarnish Baby Anci's triumph is ridiculous.She faced arguably the two most in form clay court players in the semis and the final s well as a tricky VETERAN in the quarters and a number 1 in her first steps on the 3rd round.Not her fault Williams sisters have been irrelevant in clay for so long and couldn't get past the huge obstacles of Penetta and Srebotnik:tape:

Well, you know...
Why did Ana reach the final of RG07?
Šarapova was injured and her serve was like 150 kph. OK. Maria's average 1st serve speed was 167 kph and her fastest serve in that match was 183 kph (against Chakvetadze her fastest serve was 189 kph). The semifinal of RG is still her best result there.
Why did Ana reach the final of AO?
1. Venus was injured. We could see that she had some problems, but she said that it wasn't the reason she lost. The QFs of AO in 2008 and 2010 have been her best results there since 2003. :shrug: It's not that she played worse than she did usually there during the last few years (just remember the match against Na Li in 2010 :tape:)
2. Dani choked. I'm not denying that Daniela was not supposed to lose that match. But how did Ana lose those first 8 games? Has anyone thought that Ana started playing better after that awful first set? When Serena makes a great comeback, she's a great champion, but when Ana does it, it means that her opponent choked.
3. Ana's shoes. Right. :rolleyes:
Why did Ana win RG08?
1. Henin retired Yes. After losing to Safina in Berlin. We all know that Justine lost self-confidence after the match against Sharapova at AO. I don't know if Ana was able to beat her in the moment, but who says that she would reach the F or SF of RG at all!? :shrug:
2. JJ choked. They both had mental collapses, but someone had to win in the end.
3. Cakedraw Ana probably should have lost to Četkovska and JJ to Carla Suarez Navarro. One of those girls would be a slam winner then 'cause Dinara is a bye in final.
4. Dinara Why didn't Masha or Elena beat her? The girl saved zillion mps against them, she was on fire.

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Well, you know...

4. Dinara Why didn't Masha or Elena beat her? The girl saved zillion mps against them, she was on fire.Dinara saved match point in several matches in her career. She just had trouble playing her best in slam finals.
In 2008-9 Dinara was something 30-1 on red clay before the FO final, add on 0-2 in FO finals.
Its similar to Fran in 2010. If Fran was in that quarter with Justine, Serena and Sam, she'd probably be toast.
But a soft draw and Stosur in the final is much easier.

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Dinara saved match point in several matches in her career. She just had trouble playing her best in slam finals.
In 2008-9 Dinara was something 30-1 on red clay before the FO final, add on 0-2 in FO finals.
Its similar to Fran in 2010. If Fran was in that quarter with Justine, Serena and Sam, she'd probably be toast.
But a soft draw and Stosur in the final is much easier.

Ana would be a toast if she was in quarter with Sveta, Elena, Dinara and Masha? Ana's h2h with them all on clay is like 5:1. And would any of them beat JJ in that moment?

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:06 PM
If Ana had to play Dementieva & Safina to get to the final, its a totally different situation.
But like Fran's major, it is what it is.
When Kim, Serena join Justine in retirement, draws will be more crucial than ever

LCS
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Maybe she would have become a steadier player and wouldn't have gone down so dramatically :shrug:

Ivanovic2008
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Coming from a Wozniacki fan :facepalm:

Matt01
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Coming from a Wozniacki fan :facepalm:

That poster is not a Wozniacki fan ;)

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:58 PM
If Ana had to play Dementieva & Safina to get to the final, its a totally different situation.
But like Fran's major, it is what it is.
When Kim, Serena join Justine in retirement, draws will be more crucial than ever

During RG07 and RG08 Ana had 13 wins and 1 loss. I guess you didn't see any of those matches and you don't know how good she was, so... :shrug: Even that final against Safina was a good match, it's a shame that it wasn't a 3 setter, there were 80 winners, unfortunately according to the scoreboard it looks like an easy match. And the best thing is that you're not only trying to discredit Ana, but also to discredit Fran in your posts. :worship: to you!

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Its the draw. You would much rather face Safina & Stosur in the final, because they looked really good until that round
Safina looked good both red clay seasons until each FO final. She beat Justine, Serena, Elena, everyone she faced until the FO finals.
Nobody looked better than Stosur at the 2010 FO, until her final.

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Its the draw. You would much rather face Safina & Stosur in the final, because they looked really good until that round
Safina looked good both red clay seasons until each FO final. She beat Justine, Serena, Elena, everyone she faced until the FO finals.
Nobody looked better than Stosur, who was hitting a winner down match point against Serena

We can say that it wasn't peak Henin last year and that Serena got lucky in AO final, right? She also played in some finals against JJ and Zvonareva , both of them choked terribly(not to mention AO09, Retirenka, the roof in the match against Sveta or Safina in the final:tape:). Would you dare to discredit Serena also? Of course you wouldn't. ;) It's easy to bash on someone who became an awful choker after reaching #1 spot. Ana's ratio in GS finals is 1 of 3, so you can't say that she's a fluke. When (or if) Caro wins a slam, I hope you won't be so bitter. :shrug:

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:15 PM
You think its a bash to say its fortunate to play Safina in a slam final, & not be in her quarter?
Its reality. Safina was very very good on red clay in 2008-9, except in those 2 FO finals.
Ivanovic played Berlin, lost in 2 to lena

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:22 PM
You think its a bash to say its fortunate to play Safina in a slam final, & not be in her quarter?
Its reality. Safina was very very good on red clay in 2008-9, except in those 2 FO finals.

If Ana didn't win that final, it would be awful 'cause had already lost 2 finals until that moment. It was her time to win it. All the players she had played to in those finals were #1 at some point. I don't see what you're trying to prove. It's simple. When you play good, you can beat anyone, when you play awful, you can lose to nobody in 2nd round.

Graftard
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM
No,because Anci is a much better player than Wozniacki. She wasn't a pusher and had a great FH and serve in 2007/08.

Matt01
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:30 PM
No,because Anci is a much better player than Wozniacki.

Yeah, that's also why Wozniacki is #1 while Ana is...where is she anyway?

Graftard
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:34 PM

Never said Ana is good right now...

Ana was #1 with a slam with decent competition and had 2 slam finals in addition to her FO.

Caro is #1 without a slam with poor competition by playing million events only to fall apart in slams. She can't even beat her pigeons (Hantuchova) on the big stage never mind elite players. Her only slam final is a result of a weak draw. Had she drawn Williams sisters, she'd have been knocked out there as well.

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:34 PM

She's on some vacation if you really wanna know. :kiss: She's not wasting her time playing MM claycourt event between grass season and hardcourt season.

Break My Rapture
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I want to bet 5 bucks on posters quoting you saying "1 > 0" very shortly. :lol: Must be tough having that stat thrown at you all the time as a Wozniphile.

Matt01
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:40 PM
She's on some vacation if you really wanna know. :kiss: She's not wasting her time playing MM claycourt event between grass season and hardcourt season.

Well, that's too bad because she needs to work on her game and see a mental health practicioner. And I'm saying that as a fan.

Cajka
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Well, that's too bad because she needs to work on her game and see a mental health practicioner. And I'm saying that as a fan.

You can visit Anapolis then. She found a coach and it looks like she found a fitness coach as well (she only said that it's a familiar face, so we hope it's Scott Byrnes, but probably not).