PDA

View Full Version : They shouldn'ta canceled that series (USA TV)

pov
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:27 PM
What series do you think shouldn't have been canceled and why? Doesn't have to be recent but maybe staying within the past decade helps keep it about shows we all know.

pov
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah I do have one. :lol:

The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It had a few mishits early on but the characters and story lines were all developing well and in ways more intriguing than the movies.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Freaks and Geeks
Arrested Development
Terriers

Many people say Firefly for this one, but without it's cancellation they wouldn't have made a movie, so I'm fine with that one.

ptkten
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Agreed with Arrested Development and Freaks and Geeks.

Although maybe the early cancellations help because they didn't have the opportunity to fall off in quality.

pov
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Um . .I know I can't pressure anyone into going along with it but I think it would be cool and make the thread more interesting if posters wrote about why they think the shows shouldn't have been canceled.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Tru Calling :sad:

saul1333
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Definitely Arrested Development, that was a great show. Still watch it to this day.

Also if anyone remembers Boston Public..I enjoyed that show.

Djezonfly
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Veronica Mars

delicatecutter
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:29 PM
United States of Tara

young_gunner913
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I Love Money :fiery:

Soliloque
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Brothers and Sisters and Medium.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Ugly Betty :awww:

M.P
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Ugly Betty!!!!!!!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Definitely Arrested Development, that was a great show. Still watch it to this day.

Also if anyone remembers Boston Public..I enjoyed that show.

Oh yeah, i use to love Boston Public :D. Infact, i've liked most David E Kelley shows :bounce:

Pureracket
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Good Times

antonella
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Twin Peaks:fiery:
Odyssey 5
Buffy the Vampir Slayer:fiery::sad:
Northern Exposure
Jericho

juki
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Arrested Development (obviously)
Wonderfalls :sad:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Agree with Wonderfalls, wasn't that bad and would have been a huge thing for Caroline.

Also agree with V. Mars and United States (though it hasn't been the same since first season)

Joana
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:31 AM
It wasn't cancelled, but Rome really should have had one more season to round it off properly. This way it felt a bit rushed, even though it was still awesome.

Julian.
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Brothers and Sisters!!!!

In The Zone
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Samantha Who? :(

Mary Cherry.
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Going back a fair few years here, but I wish there were more episodes of Popular.

Root
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Arrested Development. Not enough viewers told their friends about this show.

Going back a fair few years here, but I wish there were more episodes of Popular.

Oh the memories. :lol:

Mattographer
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:31 AM
TWIN PEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111
Rome
Better Off Ted
What about Brian :oh:

Mary Cherry.
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Oh the memories. :lol:

IKR? :lol:

I'm glad Ryan Murphy went on to make Glee, but there will never be another character quite like Mary Cherry :sobbing:

Root
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:13 AM
IKR? :lol:

I'm glad Ryan Murphy went on to make Glee, but there will never be another character quite like Mary Cherry :sobbing:

OMG yes. She was the shit. :hysteric:

cynicole
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:59 AM
"Wonderfalls" most definitely. I still go back and watch that one.

Among more recent shows, I really liked "Pushing Daisies" (another show created by Bryan Fuller; loved the characters, the actors, and the whimsy though the plots were rather predictable) and "Legend of the Seeker" (plots were dumb and kind of recycled but once they canceled it I kept renting Hong Kong / Chinese historical drama action flicks to get my costume + fighting fix; the actors weren't half bad to look at either).

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I'll just talk about the current season

1. The Event - some shows take a while to build a story and find an audience. I think The Event was one of those type shows. I do think they tried to hard to be lost-esque but it should've been given another chance.

2. Chase - I frankly enjoyed it and I think the lead lady character was interesting.

3. Human Target - I really loved all the actors in this show. I found the stories interesting. I didn't really understand why they changed the formula and added the girls in the 2nd season though. :confused:

Every year I watch less and less new shows because it does not pay to get invested in anything new they will + cancel it. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. People are less willing to watch new shows because they usually get canceled and new shows get canceled because not enough people watch them. Just think about the shows we would've lost if they were created in this day and age. :(

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:25 AM
From past seasons.... I can think of

1. Moonlight
2. Pushing Daisies
3. Eli Stone
4. Alien Nation
5. South Central
6. Herman's Head

and many many more....

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Ugly Betty. :facepalm: At least they gave it a proper ending.

VeeJJ
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:54 AM
ALIAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Saving Grace...

Root
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
ALIAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Saving Grace...

How could I forget Alias! Sydney. :drool:

VeeJJ
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:15 AM
How could I forget Alias! Sydney. :drool:

BEST. SHOW. EVER.

haters to the left.....

Boreas
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Carnivale - no closure, no explanation, just cancelled. Damn you, HBO!:mad:

VeeJJ
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Commander in Chief

eck
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Veronica Mars

:hysteric:

Probably the most undeserved cut :sobbing:

duhcity
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Lord, I was a huge Ugly Betty fan but that show got steadily more and more terrible every episode, quite like Heroes which debuted the same year I believe.
Both of those shows should have been long running critically acclaimed dramas, but the writing and plot direction in both of them were really terrible.

Plus the guy who played Daniel Meade was terrible. Especially when everyone around him was so spot on with their characters.

And I miss Drive. I really liked it:

vk3BCECQczs

It literally got like 5 episodes before it was pulled.

Halardfan
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Pushing Daisies.

Kworb
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Ugly Betty
The 4400
Dollhouse
Better Off Ted
Reaper
Breaking In
Life As We Know It
Veronica Mars

Hayato
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Ugly Betty
Great show, had huge more potential for more.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Veronica Mars :bigcry: - Kristen Bell :inlove:
Dark Angel :awww:
The Event - it had so much potential :o
V - was quite decent, too :shrug:
Medium - it should have ended but the finale was so forced and incomplete, the show deserved better :(

Samantha Who? :(

nah, it was not that decent :lol:

United States of Tara

no :speakles: I just watched all the episodes a couple of weeks ago and want to see more :tears:

Patrick S
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Dead Like Me
Firefly
Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles

C. Drone
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Dead Like Me :sad:
Firefly
Veronica Mars
Popular
Wonderfalls
The Middleman
Drive
Harsh Realm

Mattographer
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Ugly Betty
The 4400
Dollhouse
Better Off Ted
Reaper
Breaking In
Life As We Know It
Veronica Mars
Oooh, I forget about Reaper :hearts: It was awesome, at least the first season, anyway. Second season - not so much.

Kworb
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Oooh, I forget about Reaper :hearts: It was awesome, at least the first season, anyway. Second season - not so much.

I loved both seasons. :sad: Bret Harrison needs to stop getting canceled. :mad:

BlueTrees
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Sarah Connor Chronicles :awww:
Still Standing :tears:
Privileged :sad:

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Oh yeah definitely agree with Carnival and 4400.... zero closure. :mad:

Beat
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:13 PM
"Life".
i thought for a cop show, this was intriguing. this couple was cool:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6-vqzBEWwCE/SStrRorXNWI/AAAAAAAAGsE/35dGUHO8Hmg/s400/Life+%28TV+Series%291.jpg

Keegan
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Medium - I loved Medium to pieces :(
Ghost Whisperer - Yeah it got shit towards the end, but they should have dragged it out longer.
Ugly Betty - Again, got shitty towards the end, but I still really enjoyed it.
Sabrina The Teenage Witch - Best show ever :sad:

Moveyourfeet
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I liked Ugly Betty, but let's be honest, that show had been jumping the shark HARD for a while before it got canceled.

Kworb
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Um no the last season of Ugly Betty was the best one. The only thing that ruined it was the sudden romance between Betty and Daniel. The show spent years killing that vibe between them and then suddenly we have to believe it's there. That was ridiculous.

Moveyourfeet
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Um no the last season of Ugly Betty was the best one. The only thing that ruined it was the sudden romance between Betty and Daniel. The show spent years killing that vibe between them and then suddenly we have to believe it's there. That was ridiculous.

ok if that's your opinion. In my opinion, the show lacked credibility and had gotten to the point of ridiculousness belonging to daytime soaps. The gay guy and Amanda were hilarious, as were most of Vanessa Williams lines. Everything else was either WAAAY to campy or sappy and outrageous.

Kworb
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
But that's what made the show so good :sobbing:

Javi.
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Rubicon :sad:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:35 PM
TWIN PEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111
Rome
Better Off Ted
What about Brian :oh:
Yes to Better Off Ted. That show was amazing.

I disagree with other people on Veronica Mars, though. The first season was wonderful, the second had one of the most ridiculous retcons I've ever seen (I won't explain it here, to avoid spoiling the show), and the third was whatever. Veronica Mars actually makes a good case for why great shows should be canceled ;)

Crazy Canuck
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Veronica Mars :bigcry: - Kristen Bell :inlove:
Dark Angel :awww:
The Event - it had so much potential :o
V - was quite decent, too :shrug:
Medium - it should have ended but the finale was so forced and incomplete, the show deserved better :(

nah, it was not that decent :lol:

no :speakles: I just watched all the episodes a couple of weeks ago and want to see more :tears:
I thought V was exceptionally terrible. Just really, hideously bad. I'm surprised it got a second season.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Um . .I know I can't pressure anyone into going along with it but I think it would be cool and make the thread more interesting if posters wrote about why they think the shows shouldn't have been canceled.
Arrested Development was consistently hilarious and clever in a way that few shows since have even come close to. 30 Rock and Community are both up there, but not quite. It got cut around 2.5 seasons. To be fair, it had very poor ratings, likely because most people have no idea what is good for them (see "popular music" for further illustration of this).

As for Freaks and Geeks, it's the funniest, realest show about the lives of teenagers that I've seen. It was both hilarious and poignant. Only 18 episodes were shot, and perhaps it's just as well; there is nothing to complain about, it was a near perfect season. It's also a great chance to see Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jason Segal, and others before they went on to other things.

GoofyDuck
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Medium

Jericho

Samantha who?

...I know I'm forgetting some...

Jericho really got a terrible ending, a bunch of episodes was forced in one and an epic ending became a rush.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I thought V was exceptionally terrible. Just really, hideously bad. I'm surprised it got a second season.

well, I liked its concept and Lisa is love, too :hearts: the idea is quite decent so that I might have overlooked the show itself :angel:

dybbuk
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Pushing Daisies.

I second this. Pushing Daisies never got a foothold in the ratings, similar to Arrested Development. It had two great seasons though.

Mary Cherry.
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Sabrina The Teenage Witch - Best show ever :sad:

:lol: Good times

Although Melissa Joan Hart must've been at least 30 when the series finished, I doubt they could carry on much longer calling it Sabrina the Teenage Witch :tape:

Solitaire
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Pushing Daisies-Writers strike helped kill the show:mad:
Twin Peaks-Way to leave us on such a huge cliff hanger:rolleyes:
United States of Tara-I'll miss moosh ever so much:sad:

Dementieva_Dude
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM
United States of Tara
Number One Ladies Detective Agency
The New Adventures of Old Christine
Samantha Who

duhcity
Jul 13th, 2011, 02:17 AM

Every single version of Ugly Betty in the world has had them end up together, so I wans't that shocked that the writers went there in the end.
But let's be honest, Ugly Betty was terrible after the first season and a half. Daniel being widowed, Nico murder stealing drama, the ENTIRE pregnancy storyline :rolleyes:, the brainwashing organization, and tons of crap I don't remember.

And I HATED how for the longest time they made Betty feel guilty about living her own life. It was beyond frustrating. She is/was a grown woman. Why should she feel guilty about moving out of her home or trying to work on her career.

pov
Jul 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Another one for me is The Event. Again, a show with a slow, even rocky start. In this case mostly because it required paying attention to follow the multiple threads. Yet at the time they opted to cancel, all the plot-lines were strong, the characterization had continuity and there was a lot of intrigue. I do wonder if the tale of the attempted murder of a "Black" President by the "White" Vice-President factored into the decision.

Javi.
Jul 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I tried to follow The Event, but it was a mess :help: After 5-6 eps, I stopped watching it.

saul1333
Jul 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I liked The Event. Hopefully Syfy or someone pick it up.

Mattographer
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I tried to follow The Event, but it was a mess :help: After 5-6 eps, I stopped watching it.
Me too. It was goddamn awful! :help:

Singleniacki
Jul 14th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Veronica Mars :sobbing:
United state of Tara :(
Medium :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:01 AM

yes!!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Veronica Mars, nothing comes close. The episode that turned out to be the series finale had a great cliffhanger :sobbing:

Shinjiro
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:57 PM
LrAS20mNZUE

Jeff
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM
The Event - I'm surprised to see so much support for it here...hopefully it will get picked up by another network. I was hooked on this show. Obviously it was supposed to continue, because the ending sucked without explanation.

Heroes - Yes, the show started to drift, but I still loved this show.

Felicity - I just love Keri Russell....

Medium

Crazy Canuck
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I liked Heroes S1 and stuck out S2 in the hopes it would get better. It didn't. I got bored near the end of S3 and didn't even tune in after that. It's good example of a show with a great season that then became exceptionally terrible.

Malkmus_
Jul 16th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Arrested Development
Reaper
My Name is Earl

Kenan and Kel :sobbing:

saul1333
Jul 16th, 2011, 04:11 PM
^ Kenan and Kel :lol: That was a great show.

Nickelodeon as a child was the best with great programs like Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Salute Your Shorts, and all the Nicktoons.

Kworb
Jul 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I liked Heroes S1 and stuck out S2 in the hopes it would get better. It didn't. I got bored near the end of S3 and didn't even tune in after that. It's good example of a show with a great season that then became exceptionally terrible.
Yep totally agree. For some reason they wanted to copy The 4400 and they did a horrible job.

Mary Cherry.
Jul 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM

I bought the DVDs :oh: Watched the first few episodes today - the similarities between this and Glee are endless :lol:

BigB08822
Jul 16th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Ugly Betty! The last season was probably the best season. :(

fantic
Jul 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Veronica Mars

THIS.

I even have a t-shirt, let alone having all 3 seasons on DVD :lol:

fantic
Jul 17th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Brothers and Sisters and Medium.

I practically cried at each episode of B & S (just saw the 1st season) :awww:

saul1333
Jul 24th, 2011, 04:13 PM
They just canceled Men of a Certain Age :( that was a great show

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 24th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Twin Peaks 1990-1991
Batman 1966-1968
Twilight Zone 1959-1964

Rocketta
Jul 25th, 2011, 03:29 AM
They just canceled Men of a Certain Age :( that was a great show

:eek: Let's face it, TV is for shit. :(

KournikovaFan91
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM
The Beautiful Life :sad:

Axed after 2 episodes, poor Mischa :sad:

cowsonice
Jul 25th, 2011, 07:02 AM
VERONICA MARS.
:sobbing: :hysteric: This show basically defined my life.

Also Arrested Development, but they're making a movie so..I can deal with that somewhat.

Shadowcat
Jul 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Charmed!!!

Mistress of Evil
Jul 25th, 2011, 02:16 PM
The Beautiful Life :sad:

Axed after 2 episodes, poor Mischa :sad:

as far as I recall, she was the main reason for the cancellation :o

Charmed!!!

:lol: nah, it was never the same after Shannon left :shrug: plus 7-8 seasons is just too much for a show, in general

Shadowcat
Jul 25th, 2011, 02:33 PM
as far as I recall, she was the main reason for the cancellation :o

:lol: nah, it was never the same after Shannon left :shrug: plus 7-8 seasons is just too much for a show, in general

Maybe they could do Charmed: The Next Generation featuring the Halliwell sisters children all grown up. :lol:

Uranium
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM
^ Kenan and Kel :lol: That was a great show.

Nickelodeon as a child was the best with great programs like Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Salute Your Shorts, and all the Nicktoons.

Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocco's Modern Life, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Ah Real Monsters. All great shows.

Monk:sad:

saul1333
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocco's Modern Life, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Ah Real Monsters. All great shows.

Monk:sad:

6pDugHeoXg4

brickhousesupporter
Jul 25th, 2011, 10:40 PM
My so called life......

Crazy Canuck
Jul 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I'm confused as to why some people are upset that shows which went on for 6 or more seasons got canceled. How many shows that went on for that long actually stayed good over the span of that many seasons? It's an awfully short list.

Uranium
May 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Started watching Pushing Daisies on Chiller, that was a good show. I should have watched and it shouldn't have been canceled.:lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
May 14th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I remember being upset when American Dreams was cancelled :awww:

ALIEN
May 14th, 2013, 08:15 PM
HBO's "Carnivale"

kwilliams
May 14th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah, i use to love Boston Public :D. Infact, i've liked most David E Kelley shows :bounce:

Yes! :hearts: I was just thinking about Picket Fences today! What a show!

brickhousesupporter
May 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM
HBO's "Carnivale"
I felt cheated.....nothing was resolved.

tennisboi
May 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Popular United States of Tara :(

M.S.F
May 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Terra Nova

Rocketta
May 15th, 2013, 01:02 PM
HBO's "Carnivale"

I felt cheated.....nothing was resolved.

Yup to both! It was so unlike HBO to do that and marked the beginning of HBO acting like 'TV'.... however, I think they may have realized the harm they did to their reputation and I haven't seen them abruptly end a series recently??? but then again I stopped being a hard core HBO watcher after what they did to Carnivale. :shrug:

SilverPersian
May 15th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Twin Peaks.

Such a terrible cliffhanger in the last episode.

Mattographer
May 15th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Few weeks ago David Lynch said he's expressed his interest to return to TV again. In his Q&A show, someone asked him if he ever want to revive Twin Peaks and he said yes but only on his own terms. There's speculation by fans that Twin Peaks may be coming back because of the final episode where Laura Palmer said to Agent Cooper in the Black Lodge, "See you again in 25 years" and it's 23 years now ;) There's still a good chance!

bulava
May 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I can think of three (series) but remember only two. I'll never forgive respective studios for these:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/LaFemmeNikita_S5_3D.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51C9lBk4XlL.jpg

xr6turbo
May 15th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Dark Angel. To this day I am still mad that they never made season 3 :sobbing:

http://s0.eih.bz/images/b00008wq5x.jpg

Ashi
May 15th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I can think of three (series) but remember only two. I'll never forgive respective studios for these:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/LaFemmeNikita_S5_3D.jpg

I was so thinking this. I loved this show. :hearts::hearts:

KournikovaFan91
May 15th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Pan Am :sad:

wild.river
May 15th, 2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/firefly11.jpg

http://www.netbrawl.com/uploads/b1117c5480a63b91c99f2653afcfb01d.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/img.goldderby.com/ck/images/vm-Veronica-Mars-splash.jpg

fantic
May 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Concur on Veronica Mars. I heard they're making a movie?

Pan Am seemed promising, though I haven't seen it.

Mistress of Evil
May 15th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Dark Angel. To this day I am still mad that they never made season 3 :sobbing:

http://s0.eih.bz/images/b00008wq5x.jpg

:crying2:

This is just so fucking good. I have to go buy the books and see how the story resolves because the possibility of Cameron reviving it are below zero.

By the way, there is a current show reminding me of DA, it is called Orphan Black(on BBC America) check it out. :)

xr6turbo
May 15th, 2013, 07:05 PM
:crying2:

This is just so fucking good. I have to go buy the books and see how the story resolves because the possibility of Cameron reviving it are below zero.

By the way, there is a current show reminding me of DA, it is called Orphan Black(on BBC America) check it out. :)
I know, I hoped for so long that it would one day return :sad:

Oh I didn't even know that there was books! I will have to check that out :)

Will check out Orphan Black too. Thanks!

NyCPsU
May 15th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Happy Endings!

KournikovaFan91
May 15th, 2013, 07:52 PM
How could I forget Firefly. I'm in love with Nathan Fillion :hearts:

Thiudans
May 15th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Pushing Daisies

Adrian.
May 15th, 2013, 09:26 PM
The New Normal, Pushing Daisies and Charmed :sobbing:

Cooper96
May 15th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Did anyone watch FlashForward? It's weird that so many people in this thread mentioned The Event, but IMO FF was much much better.

KournikovaFan91
May 15th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I loved Flashforward it was pretty popular here in Ireland

Bayo
May 15th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Arrested Development.

I'm nervous the Netflix season 4 might suck. But regardless I'll probably be rewatching seasons 1-3 these next couple of weeks in anticipation of May 26.

xr6turbo
May 16th, 2013, 12:33 AM
The New Normal, Pushing Daisies and Charmed :sobbing:
I didn't know they had cancelled The New Normal :sobbing: I love NeNe :haha:

Gdsimmons
May 16th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Happy Fucking Endings. I thought that show was so funny. Sad ABC gave it the axe

SilverPersian
May 16th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Few weeks ago David Lynch said he's expressed his interest to return to TV again. In his Q&A show, someone asked him if he ever want to revive Twin Peaks and he said yes but only on his own terms. There's speculation by fans that Twin Peaks may be coming back because of the final episode where Laura Palmer said to Agent Cooper in the Black Lodge, "See you again in 25 years" and it's 23 years now ;) There's still a good chance!

omg :D

I so hope this turns out to be true - if it was anyone other than David Lynch I would dismiss it as a crazy internet rumour, but it sort of makes sense, Agent Cooper is older in his dream in the Black Lodge at the start of season 1 too ... and more importantly, Audrey would be old enough for them to date :drool::cheer:

wild.river
May 16th, 2013, 02:42 AM
there's an episode of psych called "dual spires" :lol: it has a lot of the twin peaks cast.

Bismarck.
May 16th, 2013, 02:44 AM

The scariest thing about the show this time around would be Lara Flynn Boyle's face:

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/lara-flynn-boyle-appears-again-january-2013__oPt.jpg

I'm a huge TP fan but I hope that rumour isn't true, despite the terrible ending we were left with at the end of season 2.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 16th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Just found out Southland was cancelled :awww: Oh well, at least TNT gave it 4 high quality seasons after NBC canned it after 1 season :)

McPie
May 16th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Apartment 23 :shout:

bulava
May 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I was so thinking this. I loved this show. :hearts::hearts:
Yeah, LFN is one of the greatest ever cult series.

I remembered third one this morning. Watched it a decade ago, was very popular. Show got cancelled because Sara Pezzini (lead character) got ill or something. So not Studio fault. I loved the concept, story theme, few characters, bit of direction, especially (background) music :cool:

http://i41.tinypic.com/316kbah.jpg

tennisboi
May 16th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Lara Flynn Boyle used to have such a beautiful face WTF!!!!!

Fuzzylogic
May 16th, 2013, 04:52 PM
The current Nikita, though it's not cancelled outright, they're kinda wrapping it up though with like 6 episodes to air in Season 4 and that'll be it.

So annoying. How a mediocre show like Supernatural(it's been rubbish for 3 seasons now) still manages to pull in tons of viewers but this show can't is beyond me :sad:

nerdy_tennis
May 16th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Southland. That was the most realistic cop drama on TV.

~{X}~
May 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Rome

Footballers Wives. :spit: ;)