PDA

View Full Version : Is #1 Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) worthy of the HOF?

Leelee.
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Watching Andre Agassi join the greats of tennis today in Newport made me think of fellow fearless attacking groundstroker, #1 Caroline WOZNIACKI.

Every #1 player in history has made the Hall of Fame. Caroline is the 9th longest reigning #1 and that should continue for a long time as Sunshine totally dominates SEWTA.

Do you believe that at the puerile age of 20, Caroline has already booked her place among the legends of tennis?

Potato
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Watching Andre Agassi join the greats of tennis today in Newport made me think of fellow fearless attacking groundstroker, #1 Caroline WOZNIACKI.

Every #1 player in history has made the Hall of Fame. Caroline is the 9th longest reigning #1 and that should continue for a long time as Sunshine totally dominates SEWTA.

Do you believe that at the puerile age of 20, Caroline has already booked her place among the legends of tennis?

:hysteric: this gives me so much life

Svetlana)))
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Obviously not,

Lachy
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:34 AM
:lol: Not at the moment, but probably by the end of her career.

Hurley
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:48 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Leelee. again.

Curtos07
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Hall of Fame of what? If Caro is in the hall, then Ana certainly should be in the hall.

lang26
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Hall of Fame of what? If Caro is in the hall, then Ana certainly should be in the hall.

caro nine time outta ten will be in hall so will ana no need to worry

Jane Lane
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:58 AM
http://www.whoaorno.com/images/453.jpg

The cat's hiding. He's afraid of the end of the world.

lang26
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:03 AM
i think she will she still young and hoping she will impoving move and move so I not to worry about her the player I am worry about is Jankovic (if she just could win RG I know she could be in Hall) Hantuchova (I think when Hantuchova put her raqekt down she gotta good shot being in the hall just for winning those double slam but it still be nic to see her win a single slam to make sure she in the hall). Safina same as JJ if she just could win RG she could be in which I still say Safina can win RG).
elena dementieva put this woman in the Hall fame even without a slam she one best to play game

hurricanejeanne
Only if she wins slam(s).

lang26
Is there a player in the hall of fame that dont have a slam

hablo
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:04 AM
:haha:

lang26
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:07 AM
speaking of hall of fame why player like Amélie Mauresmo, Martina Hingis, Mary Pierce, Anastasia Myskina, Jennifer Capriati, Lindsay Davenport haven't made to the hall of fame yet

lang26
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:08 AM
it be so nice if Anna Kournikova would be in hall of fame even with out a title lol

Jane Lane
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:08 AM
speaking of hall of fame why player like Amélie Mauresmo, Martina Hingis, Mary Pierce, Anastasia Myskina, Jennifer Capriati, Lindsay Davenport haven't made to the hall of fame yet

Recent Player Category Eligibility Criteria
Active as competitors in the sport within the last 20 years prior to consideration.

Not a significant factor on the ATP, WTA or Wheelchair Tennis tours within five years prior to induction.

A distinguished record of competitive achievement at the highest international level, with consideration given to integrity, sportsmanship and character.

To be inducted as a Recent Player, a panel of the international tennis media votes on Recent Player nominees; a 75% favorable vote is required for Enshrinement.

http://www.tennisfame.com/hall-of-famers/eligibility

BlueTrees
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Let me think...

:scratch:...

NO! :oh:

Jens K A
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:53 AM
All slamless WTA #1's (Jankovic, Safina, Wozniacki) are still active and therefore ineligible.
The only slamless ATP #1 is Marcelo Rios (six weeks at #1) who retired in 2004 at 28. He is not in the Hall of Fame but it doesn't seem impossible he will be elected later.
http://www.tennisfame.com/hall-of-famers/henry-austin never won a slam. I don't know whether there are other players. Many Hall of Famers have only won slams in doubles. Jankovic has a slam in mixed doubles and Safina in doubles.

goldenlox
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Caroline for sure will be in the HoF. She'll be in the front row with Shriver every year.
But Kuznetsova wont get in, like Kafelnikov cant get in.

goldlion
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Why discussing this when she hasn't really had any big achievement aside from that Number 1 ranking.

I'm sure she's a bit embarrassed by that as well as her result doesn't live up to that.

lang26
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Caroline for sure will be in the HoF. She'll be in the front row with Shriver every year.

nine time outta ten kuznetsova will be in HOF

lang26
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:29 AM
All slamless WTA #1's (Jankovic, Safina, Wozniacki) are still active and therefore ineligible.
The only slamless ATP #1 is Marcelo Rios (six weeks at #1) who retired in 2004 at 28. He is not in the Hall of Fame but it doesn't seem impossible he will be elected later.
http://www.tennisfame.com/hall-of-famers/henry-austin never won a slam. I don't know whether there are other players. Many Hall of Famers have only won slams in doubles. Jankovic has a slam in mixed doubles and Safina in doubles.

i just hoping Jankovic, Safina, Wozniacki win a single slam that win for sure put in but i happy JJ and Safina do have a slam in double, dont vera have a slam in double as well, wish she will win a single slam as well

lang26
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:30 AM

put him in HOF :worship:

Solitaire
Jul 10th, 2011, 05:32 AM

I do think Kafelnikov and Sveta deserve to get in. You can start a letter writing campaign for Kafelnikov. Anyone can send letters to nominate someone. So if you get enough people writing in it would be hard to ignore him. The nominating committee are only human and honestly I haven't thought of Kafelnikov in a very very long time.

As for Caro if all number ones get in then she def should. Her career isn't over so it's a bit silly to even talk about HoF.

SerenaClijsters
Jul 10th, 2011, 05:35 AM
:rolleyes:

No.

Steven.
Jul 10th, 2011, 05:40 AM
HOF sucks anyway. I went through the whole list recently and so many people get in. It kinda ruins what is supposed to be prestigious or something. Oh well.

Mike81
Jul 10th, 2011, 05:57 AM
She'd be in my hall of fame :cool:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263900_2007552783168_1074143435_2208600_7076234_n. jpg

AnomyBC
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Not yet, but let me quote myself from another thread:

Wozniacki will definitely get in one way or another. First of all, statistically speaking, she's likely to win multiple slams in her career because no one who's reached #1 so quickly has ever not won multiple slams, no one who's ever spent as much time as her at #1 has ever not won multiple slams and, as far as I know, no one who's ever won as many titles as her by her age has ever not won multiple slams. But even if she doesn't win a single slam, I think there would likely be a very good argument for her just based on the number of weeks she'll likely have spent at #1 by the end of her career and the number of titles she's likely to have won. I mean, she's only 20 years old and she's already in the Top 10 of all time in terms of weeks at #1. She's already ahead of people like Venus, Clijsters, Sharapova, Capriati and Sanchez Vicario. And she already has more titles than Capriati, Kuznetsova, Ivanovic, Li and Schiavone (and also Kvitova, but she's just starting out). At the rate she's going she could very well end her career with 50 titles and more than 100 weeks at #1. So even if she somehow fails to win a slam, that would still be a pretty damn impressive career.

Jeff
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:52 AM
HOF sucks anyway. I went through the whole list recently and so many people get in. It kinda ruins what is supposed to be prestigious or something. Oh well.

I agree with you.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:07 AM
The question only gets asked because it's predictable how the majority will answer it.....just one of our daily Caro bashing threads.

Serenita
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:11 AM
What HOF? nobody give a flying chips about it. Girl needs to win a GS.

Serenita
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:14 AM
The question only gets asked because it's predictable how the majority will answer it.....just one of our daily Caro bashing threads.
She deserves the scrutiny! 40 weeks no 1 and no Semi GS showing. :o:o:o. She better get her acted together come USO!:wavey:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:24 AM
....and our lovely members don't let the opportunity go by without taking full advantage of it.......Enjoy. :)

Pops Maellard
Jul 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hahaha! No. Sa-curity!

The Reff
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Come on!!!!!! ................ :lol:
TF must really be lost when Caros' taking some R n' R.

tenn_ace
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
even a big non-fan like myself has to admit that this thread has not any, but sh*t sturring purpose

Linguae^
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
*waiting for someone to say Puchkova is worthier* :oh:

Melange
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Does HOF stand for Hall of Fiveheads?

bandabou
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
:lol: Mannn...you guys sure are on Caro's case these days. Leave the girl alone..she's having a hard enough time.

marineblue
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:30 AM
The Wozniacki obsession :help: :lol:

terjw
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Not at the moment. HOF IMO anyway shouldn't be subjective like it is. But a set of objective criteria with a mixture of the following mandatory requirements to qualify:

a criteria for - Slams
a criteria for - Tournament Wins
a criteria for - Weeks at #1
a criteria for - Fed Cup wins.
10 years playing on the tour
Must be over 40 years old and retired from the tourEach of these there should be a mandatory mininum and on top of that a set of criteria that is either / or:
e.g. minimum of 1 slam and 1 week at #1 and 20 titles and ?? Fed Cup wins.
And then in addition for example we might say either a total of 3 slams or 50 weeks at #1. There would have to be a back door honoury way to get in under exceptional citcumstances for a player not meeting the criteria. This would be rarely used.

I also think there should be another HOF category with much tougher criteria in all 4 areas - slams, titles, weeks at #1, Fed Cup wins - for exceptional players

Didn't do the Poll since there is no option that says Not Yet.

Malkmus_
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
:yawn: Another attention-seeking Wozniacki thread

18majors
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Are you kidding?

Matt01
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:56 PM
She deserves the scrutiny! 40 weeks no 1 and no Semi GS showing. :o:o:o. She better get her acted together come USO!:wavey:

WTF are you talking about? She reached a Slam semi in Australia as #1 :rolleyes:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:23 PM
WTF are you talking about? She reached a Slam semi in Australia as #1 :rolleyes:
Doesn't matter, they know best, don't debate. ;)

Matt01
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Doesn't matter, they know best, don't debate. ;)

Sorry ;)

kman
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:41 PM
She deserves the scrutiny! 40 weeks no 1 and no Semi GS showing. :o:o:o.
AO 2011?

Fail.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Sorry ;)
:lol: