PDA

View Full Version : The revolution jumps to Malaysia

*JR*
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
F97SDkkQ9c8

BTW, I realize that Anwar has been trying for years to get democracy there, and was jailed last decade on trumped up charges of both corruption, and sodomy (which is illegal there).

Edit: BTW, I did see the other thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=439926) on the country, but its about longterm perceptions, not this evolving news story.

================================================== =========================================

King Halep
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Just another govt that is in favour of democracy until they are in danger of losing

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
F97SDkkQ9c8

BTW, I realize that Anwar has been trying for years to get democracy there, and was jailed last decade on trumped up charges of both corruption, and sodomy (which is illegal there).

well, as far as I understand, Malaysia is already a democratic country, no? Or maybe sort of.:oh: :o
The protest is mainly to fight for our rights to have a cleaner and fairer election as far as I'm concerned.:shrug:

Solitaire
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Good for them. Sadly when you fight for your rights often times blood gets shed.

Albireo
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:16 AM
But will it be televised?

Solitaire
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:09 AM
But will it be televised?

As we all know the revolution will NOT be televised.:p

ico4498
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:24 AM
revolution or consecutive rebellions?

azmad_88
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
well, as far as I understand, Malaysia is already a democratic country, no? Or maybe sort of.:oh: :o
The protest is mainly to fight for our rights to have a cleaner and fairer election as far as I'm concerned.:shrug:

its funny u call it a democratic country when the similar assembly was done in melbourne,adelaide,london and 29 cities were not stopped by the authorities... very different in malaysia.. they are peaceful demonstrator

azmad_88
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqB9CoCJHHY

skanky~skanketta
Jul 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Well, none of this was televised properly. I'm actually afraid to comment as it may come back to haunt me.

Apoleb
Jul 19th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Well, none of this was televised properly. I'm actually afraid to comment as it may come back to haunt me.

what? If that was the case, the hundreds of "skanky" posts you're responsible for would have caught up with you by now. :p

moby
Jul 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM
its funny u call it a democratic country when the similar assembly was done in melbourne,adelaide,london and 29 cities were not stopped by the authorities... very different in malaysia.. they are peaceful demonstratorTo no one's surprise the organiser of Bersih 2.0 Singapore is also in trouble.

http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2011/07/16/straitjacketed-cosmopolitanism/

*JR*
Jul 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
what? If that was the case, the hundreds of "skanky" posts you're responsible for would have caught up with you by now. :p

If "retired" leader Dr. Mathir Mohammed's "alpha son" wasn't a rumoured closet gay, he'd have wanted a piece of her a long time ago. :help: